[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Content Creator Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 466
Thread images: 120

File: Screenshot_78.png (236KB, 1919x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_78.png
236KB, 1919x1042px
Content Creator Thread!

Share all the works you have made and contributed to the fandom, share your ideas, your art, music, videos, animations, share your knowledge, working process, your work help other anons or ask for help on various of content you may be making and so on!
>>
File: 1480146196861.png (616KB, 790x628px) Image search: [Google]
1480146196861.png
616KB, 790x628px
I would like to post my own content for the start to get the thread slightly going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eO8A0xt4ek

This is a project I've been making for a pretty long time now, I have been making these PMVs which were all supposed to transition into one another and be a part of one big PMV. Which is where this PMV comes in.

It is attempting to tell a story with just visuals and a lot of editing of the show's clips. To get more information about this the description of the video reveals what the story is supposed to be. It's 54 minutes long and I do not expect any one to watch entirety of that, I really made it mostly to see how well I can make something consistant, I myself I am pretty happy with it, I will take a small break as this whole project was pretty exhausting.

(pic not related in any form)
>>
File: Story1.gif (2MB, 400x128px) Image search: [Google]
Story1.gif
2MB, 400x128px
>>28977355
I'm working on a new PonyMotes animator. I tried the one made long ago by someone else in JavaScript, and it's quite limited. Currently working my own version with Unity, for more possibilities and ease of configuration.
>>
>>28977556
got any more pictures of balding science man?
>>
File: 1479443593164.png (10KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1479443593164.png
10KB, 100x100px
I've been planning a short pony animation for a while. I'm a beginner animator at best, and this'll probably be the first thing I'll post publicly, but the project is supposed to serve as practice for me anyway.

My main goal for it is to deliver a thought-provoking story, even if the animation and art is bad. It's an emo story about OC ponies, unfortunately, but I thought that a good way to keep me motivated to work on the project would be if I could use it as an outlet for my depression at the same time. At the very least, because of that, I have the story almost complete.

I don't really have anything else to show for this yet, but maybe once my winter break rolls around I'll have some concepts drawn by then. (I'm still trying to learn to draw ponies somewhat consistently, hah) I guess I thought just announcing it here would help get me in gear to actually begin. Thanks for the thread, OP!
>>
>>28977635
>That spoiler
Why you do that to me.

Anyways, no need to thank! These threads are made for people like you, these threads happen monthly. Good luck with your pony drawing practize, I never could get good at that
>>
>>28977355
I, once again, have nothing to bring to this thread. School's been busy as shit.
>>
>>28977929
That's fine dude, happens.
>>
>>28977572
I do, but I am not sure if this thread is for those the dank balding science man memes.
>>
>>28977929
same my dude, hang in there
>>28977944
dubs confirm
>>
File: 1461584504202.png (339KB, 912x896px) Image search: [Google]
1461584504202.png
339KB, 912x896px
I've made a little thing this weekend while neglecting my other thing I'm doing for the 4cc team. Getting there, though.
https://my.mixtape.moe/sxqllc.mp4
>>
>>28978562
That's fucking awesome, I was in that thread too.
>>
File: 1480127299277.gif (482KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1480127299277.gif
482KB, 500x281px
>>28977355
>>
>>28978562
Oh (You).
10/10
>>
>>28977355
No significant content creation from me for a while. A combination of school exhausting me and the general poor ethics of YouTube have really made any kind of meaningful work not worth my time, at least not for the time being. It's fucking hard to see videos you put a lot of work into, get drowned out by endless amounts of similar videos with subjective less quality concurrent with the standards of the creative field it belongs to.
>>
I'm planning on running games in Tails Of Equestria. Does that count?

it doesn't right?
>>
>>28977355
Page 9 already? Come on lads
>>
>>28981160
End of the semester for a lot of us. No time for pony projects.

And YouTube is garbage.
>>
>>28981176
Same here
University is trash
>>
>>28981176
>And YouTube is garbage.
Why?
>>
>>28981229
I'm just being salty and complaining. It's not that bad I guess. Just really can't take content creation all that serious anymore considering it's nearly impossible to get anywhere these days and how big channels can release constant shit and still thrive now. WatchMojo for example. They make too much money to care and honestly why should they? People fuckin' watch it anyways.

I just do it for fun now. When I have the time.
>>
File: Vinyl Tripping.png (162KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
Vinyl Tripping.png
162KB, 555x555px
>>28977556
Nice, I think I'm gonna take some mushrooms and watch this tonight.

I make some vector/texture art like so. Ponies lend themselves so well to projection mapping due to the separate stroke/fill layers. If I'm just 'doodling' I'll use the magic select tool on a pic and make mask layers for the various body sections/fills and flip some 'resource pictures' around until it looks about right. If I'm being serous, I'll draw something out in vector and make the resource pics from scratch, particularly gradients since they can stay vector and scale nicely.

>>28977635
Stick with it, making stuff is a LOT better coping mechanism than most and your quality will improve naturally over time.

>>28978562
kek
>>
Bum guys
>>
>>28981550
>Nice, I think I'm gonna take some mushrooms and watch this tonight.

Kek, if you won't mind I would be later interesteed to hear how that trip went. Also is yours pic related yours working? Really nice if it is so.

>>28981343
I know I pretty much gave up upon getting my channel bigger so now I justt make videos for the hell of it, luckilly I do not make money out of it, I would be really bad at that.
>>
File: 1466698831263_4.png (1MB, 960x455px) Image search: [Google]
1466698831263_4.png
1MB, 960x455px
>>28982030
I sampled the first 3 minutes or so before realizing it was a full mix PMV, haven't seen the rest yet. About to drop 2.5g of some really good caps, any more and I might lose focus. Anything in particular you're interested in? I've been tripping for as long as Gen 4 has been running so I've already come to grips with the darker side of tripping, plus I love NIN and am a bit of a masochist like that. If I don't reply mid-trip, it'll be tomorrow before I reply

Thanks, I do a lot of Vinyl Scratch / club / drug - related stuff. As for the 'doodles' I mentioned, >pic related was from a template thread and took less than 30 minutes instead of a couple hours, really only suffering a few clipping and masking issues on some edges.
>>
>>28977569
kek.
>>
>>28982231
Damn. I just hope that tripping is not going to damage your health too much. Be wary of that. Just stay safe.

And yeah. I love NIN too. So that PMV is pretty much nothing but NIN with one David Bowie song from Blackshear and Brand New thrown in there. Ithey is mostly The Downward Spiral though.

Can I ask why you decide to start tripping?
>>
File: IMG_5503.png (2MB, 1024x3072px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5503.png
2MB, 1024x3072px
>>28977556
Yo Gamefag (You know that one guy who was/is working on that Visual Novel but everyone scared ya off)

If you here, I wanna talk to you about a potential erm, collaboration?
>>
File: My balls itch.jpg (57KB, 707x536px) Image search: [Google]
My balls itch.jpg
57KB, 707x536px
>>28982360
You have summoned me. Speak your wish!
>>
>>28982418
Right now i would like a cheeseburger with no pickles
>>
File: LOLWUT.exe.jpg.png (316KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
LOLWUT.exe.jpg.png
316KB, 576x432px
>>28982486
That wish is beyond my powers.
>>
>>28982495
Goddammit.
>>
File: PootSquad.png (289KB, 523x480px) Image search: [Google]
PootSquad.png
289KB, 523x480px
i've made a PMV, it took way too long to complete but it's here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGCKm5MJe9I
>>
>>28982352
At this point, I don't really care what it's doing to me healthwise, it's just nice to be able to feel things intensely. I started because I already had years of hard drug abuse under my belt and it really opened my eyes to a lot of the problems other stuff was causing me. What I've gained in thoughts/creativity/perspectives has been well worth whatever problems it might cause (generally psychedelics are regarded as harmless physically).

Watching was phenomenal, loads of eyecandy and interesting effects, lots of emotional movement, and lots of pie sisters. A couple parts really struck me, particularly scenes of the farm, esp. the night/day cycles, the wavy/jagged textures, esp the whole end of Closer, and all of Hurt (great ending for the video). Btw, The Downward Spiral is my favorite album, though just barely over With Teeth.

What software do you use?
>>
Anyone have experience with clip studio paint (Manga studio) or know where I can find some good tutorial on it? Just got it on black Friday. It's cheaper then toonboom and better then flash so I wanna try it out.
>>
>>28982658
I got some experience with it, but I only got Ex version so I know nothing about its animation functions
And given how new its animation function is, I doubt there will be much tutorials on it out there. You'll just self-teach yourself by experimenting with it
>>
>>28982647
I see. I never looked at it that way, that'd they help you to actually see things clearly. Personally I need something probably to numb my feelings as they tend to get pretty intense.

I am really glad you enjoyed the video! I used Sony Vegas for pretty much everything. Expect for the "The Frail\Another Version of The Truth" that was mostly After Effects. The rest of the video was Sony Vegas though.

I am really glad to hear such praise. A lot of focus was to capture emotions.

And I love With_Teeth. All NIN albums grew on me over time and it became the only thing I listen to. I think you pretty much like every track from With Teeth.
>>
>>28982681
Sorry auto correct

"I think I like every track"
>>
>>28982632
Holy shit dude. I remember that fucking game.
>>
>>28982632
Horseshoe Finale Review; Pootsquad Finale

Nice binary.
>>
>>28982705
holy shit, somebody actually noticed
>>
>>28982681
You're welcome! Thanks for taking the time to make such a long project, it made for a great trip.

>Personally I need something probably to numb my feelings as they tend to get pretty intense.
I used to feel that way and it's why I started opiates and somewhat similarly, cocaine. When I wasn't on opiates, I was even more of an emotional wreck and over time, cocaine and MDMA abuse left normal life feeling pretty bland and the best effects aren't there anymore (a high you can't sustain). Now I mostly just drink and trip.

I'm not a big fan of like 2 tracks on With Teeth and the entire Ghost album. I also love How to Destroy Angels. I used to listen to mostly 'industrial' but now I listen to a bit of everything, especially hard dance and 'rave' genres like Happy Hardcore and Frenchcore.
>>
anyone want to make a song? i can make an instrumental for itbut i'm not sure that it will be be good mastered and mixed since i don't have proper monitors and sound card now
>>
>>28982681
>Personally I need something probably to numb my feelings as they tend to get pretty intense.
Meditating tends to be good for that. Close your eyes, relax, clear your mind as much as you can. Then try to have a long, coherent conversation with yourself about whatever's on your mind. After a few days, you'll find that you can get back into that mode pretty quickly whenever you feel like your emotions are getting too intense.
>>
>>28982920
Could work. I recently searched for a psychologists. Vzhledem "feelings being too intense" I really reffered to suicidal thoughts, feeling numb and all that joy. I usually just made a videof and base my emotions out of that. I am starting to seek help now since it started getting worse. I was generally getting more and more exhausted, things I enjoyed seeming mundane and bland quickly and feeling exhausted all day.
>>
>>28982938
Oh goddammit auto correct shit fuck.

Instead of "vzhledem" I meant something else obviously. Sorry. I sick at writing on a phone.
>>
>>28982942
>phoneposting
kacířství ťbh
>>
File: Screenshot_25.png (191KB, 378x310px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_25.png
191KB, 378x310px
>>28983047
The only reason why I used a phone was to ensure the thread stays alive.
>>
Not the creator of that one, but that just came out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjTiiLdCN7Q
It's gold.
>>
File: CollisionTest.png (2MB, 982x738px) Image search: [Google]
CollisionTest.png
2MB, 982x738px
Testing out the collisions in this map. Thankfully there is a good pixel movement plugin for RPG Maker MV since by default movement is based on 48 pixel movement. This allows for a much greater deal of movement. The collision boxes for NPCs need a little more tweaking. Hopefully I can put out a small demo to test out the systems and get some feedback.
>>
Bum
>>
>>28983315
Damn, these are still in the makings? I totally forgot, good as ever.
>>
File: 1445329127180.jpg (51KB, 750x729px) Image search: [Google]
1445329127180.jpg
51KB, 750x729px
I only have 10 days to make a 2 minute pony animation prooject. Not to mention a full time job.

I can't post it here cause the person I work for won't like it.
>>
>>28984213
>I can't post it here cause the person I work for won't like it.
ILikeKimImpossibleAlot?
>>
>>28982938
You need to make more mistakes and do more stupid things. I suspect you feel that way because you're trying too hard to do what other people want, or you're trying too hard to meet expectations of either how your life should go or what image you should project. If you do more of the (short term, immediate, impulsive) things you actually want, I think you'll start to feel more normal again.

If you're curious, I think that'll help for two reasons. One, it'll make you feel more in control of your own life, and you won't feel so hopeless (if you do feel hopeless now). Two, you'll screw up more, and every time you screw up, your brain will realize that it actually does care about how your life is going. It also happens to be something I did as I was getting out of my decade-long suicidal depression, and I think that was the thing that helped the most.
>>
File: 2016-12-02.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-02.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Looking for feedback on this lighting.
>>
File: 2016-12-02 (1).png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-02 (1).png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 2016-12-02 (2).png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-02 (2).png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>28985024
>>28985034
>>28985044
> scenery with global illumination
> characters without
Ew, nope. It really make your Twilight/Starlight stand out, in a bad way.
Crank up lightning quality to 11 for everything, or lower it if you can't get the desired performances in VR. But having different lightning really make your characters look alien to their environment.
They don't even have shadows and that's very bad ... did you set everything to "Baked" only ?
>>
>>28985304
Yeah, ignore the Twilight, I haven't placed the light probes yet.
>>
>>28983315
That was awasome as fuck.
>>
>>28985024
>>28985034
>>28985044

Lighting looks aesthetic asf from my perspective. Goes well with the unique environment. All that's left is to have cast shadows for the characters.

I'm a novice though. A expert/pro artist/designer might be in this thread to give some deeper insight however.
>>
>>28982360
But seriously, what is it?
>>
>>28985024
Something looks off. I'm not that familiar with graphics, so it'll be hard for me to describe exactly what's off. Take this post more as an indication of what to look at more so than as list of things to change.

Everything looks really flat. It might look better if you add grooves to the wood and bumps to the stone.

There are no shadows.

The holes (mouse hole) look completely flat. There should be some depth to the wood the hole is cut in.

It's really grainy. Maybe anti-aliasing will help?
>>
>>28986120
!
>>
Hey guys, i ve been doing meem gif edits for a while in photoshop, but with the production values going up i had to move to webm and im getting some trouble recently because photoshop seems to lock the video render speed to 30 fps even if i match it to the project frame rate
Lastest example: original video lenght was 14 sec 25fps, but even after telling photoshop to render at 25fps it still speeds up the video to 12 sec, which would be the speed at 30 fps, and simply lowers the amount of frames to match what i defined

Is there a way to fix this? Also is there a way to make the psd file an webm withouth the extra step of making it an mp4?
>>
>>28983315
>posted yesterday
>already 3 reaction videos
Jesus. I didn't realize youtube had gotten that bad.
>>
>>28985024
I don't know much about the artistic side of 3D graphics, but here's my hot opinions.

It looks like you've got the sun and a single point light in each scene? It makes the area under the point light stand out too much, I think.

Also, the AO looks pretty fake on most of the walls. No idea how to fix this but it might get better if you have more light sources around the room.

Random nitpick on the modeling (which overall is pretty nice): if those ropes in the second scene are meant to be supporting some of the weight of the suspended walkway, then they should either run under a straight section, or they should be at an angle. As it is, the forces just don't line up. Imagine what would happen if you disconnected that middle U-shaped section from the rest and let it hang only from the ropes: the walkway would drop several inches and the ropes would slide toward the outside of the U.
>>
>>28977569
Absolutely how it would go down.
>>
>>28978562
kek
>>
File: twim.png (3MB, 2314x2044px) Image search: [Google]
twim.png
3MB, 2314x2044px
After posting like 20 incorrect versions, I finally have the finished thing.
>>
>>28987902
This is /m/ triggering material
>>
bum
>>
File: IMG_0866.png (148KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0866.png
148KB, 960x540px
>>28977355
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grM1TWCtUQc

Attempted EqG motion capture last year but the models and rigs were not yet fully developed. Not sure if I'm going to try this again with pony content.
>>
File: 40kex.jpg (17KB, 233x205px) Image search: [Google]
40kex.jpg
17KB, 233x205px
>>28987902
Fucking hilarious, love it.

>>28988970
It's obviously rough, but it's a start. Aside from the mocap my problem are the dead eyes staring into my soul.
>>
>>28988970
That was strangely hypnotic.
>>
>>28984458
I never thought of it that way, I am feeling like I am just losing a grip more and more and I do not know where the issue is coming from.I don't know if I am just lazy or something, but I just can't help myself to do anything these days. Which of course makes things worse.

I try to think what to do each day, what to do with my friends, close ones, I thin kdeeply yet it's literally just black noise of nothing. So I spend my days just sitting. It is really hard to push myself to do anything, let alone new things or where I could make mistakes and learn. I'll have to pull through somehow, I guess, or not.
>>
>>28987902
You have absolutely no idea what you're doing with the shadows, right? She looks like a cardboard.
>>
>>28989337
Ask them to get dinner, play some vidya, see a movie. There doesn't have to be more to it than that. If you feel like being lazy, then just be lazy, but do it deliberately. You don't have an obligations to be productive.
>>
File: 1479058442492.jpg (34KB, 537x539px) Image search: [Google]
1479058442492.jpg
34KB, 537x539px
>want to be a content creator but none of my skills would provide any form of content for this fandom

feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>28989351
>If you feel like being lazy, then just be lazy, but do it deliberately

That's the thing, I don't want to be lazy.
>play some vidya
I don't know whiche one, and the vidiya I play seems to get boring for them and recently playing video games has become less and less enjoyable. It is hard to do things in general, more and more, my body feels kind of heavy, it feels like I have to force my mind to pick up the bones to move the body, to go to the shower or something.

Thank you for your help, but I think I need to see help for this as I have had this feeling for long enough, it has not gotten any better but the opposite,

I am really sorry that I am sharing this at all, especially in this thread. I just have no one else to say this to and nothing is really making me feel better. So this is more of an act of desperation.

I do not really wish to derail this thread with my problems, still, thanks man. I will just stop now so artists can share they work and such.
>>28989386
What skill do you have man? You never know, every skill can count.
>>
>>28989391
I don't even know. I'm pretty good at IT, since thats my main job, and I'm an ex-pro boxer. I've tried my hand at writefagging before, which didnt go that well, and dabbled in drawing, which turned out to be a really big no. I guess I'm mediocre at photoshop stuff and playing some bass guitar

I just want to create something this fandom can find joy in you know
>>
>>28989391
Good luck, anon.
>>
>>28989422
>I've tried my hand at writefagging before, which didnt go that well, and dabbled in drawing, which turned out to be a really big no.
Well, duh. Those things take practice. So practice.
>>
>>28989432
I know about the practice stuff, but most of the time I couldnt get 2 good sentences out of me, and a considerable fine movements issue pretty much rules out most drawing for me

Did you try either tho? Any tips maybe, if I decide to try again?
>>
>>28989422
> I'm pretty good at IT
Can you dev ? Because if there is one domain where decent content is lacking, it's games (or pony-related creation tools).
>>
>>28989452
I could try I guess. My workplace specializes in large-scale configuration management though, so I'm not that sure. Is /mlp/ plays any good? Because even though I'm quite shit at instruments, I'm bretty gud at playing bass guitar
>>
File: 20140610_225907.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20140610_225907.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>28989439
I've tried both. For drawing, try to imitate first, then visualize and draw second. In both cases, you'll have to erase pretty much every part of the drawing over a dozen times before you get it right, at least at first. It does get easier, though you'll still have good days and bad days.

I don't have any good writing advice. I only write well when I'm inspired by something, and I sort of see the whole story at once, so I've only ever written really short things. Even then, I get some sense of how I want to break the story up and what kind of feelings I want the transitions to have, and those things take time to get right.
>>
>>28987902
Mm, that's top banter, right there
>>
>>28989478
I'm too lazy to fix that image.
>>
File: image.png (112KB, 473x478px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
112KB, 473x478px
>>28982418
>>28985686
Oop, I forgot to check on the thread. I thought you wouldn't show.

But uh, I was planning to do a little animation about your game, if that was alright with ya.

if you've got a scene planned out, I could work some of my nigger rigging magic and whip something up

P.S have any updates senpai?
>>
What is considered content?
>>
I've been DMing two horse D&D campaigns, one for 1 month and one for 6 months.
>>
>>28989995
Anything you can post or link to that people might reasonably want to look at.
>>
>>28989422
>I'm pretty good at IT
Overmare Studios could use one. We recently lost our IT guy and lead programmer had to take over. Send in an application if you want to make a difference.

In general, this fandom could use more non-glamorous professions, like managers, designers, lawyers, PR people, etc. Like, real ones, with education.
>>
>>28990103
>In general, this fandom could use more non-glamorous professions, like managers, designers, lawyers, PR people, etc. Like, real ones, with education.

Amen brother. Even most 4 year BA/BS degrees give you ethics classes that teach proper management and PR. But I don't know how many people in creative content creation/the fandom even go to school for 4 year degrees.

Even then it's like you said: non-glamorous. And cons hardly ever feature those kind of skills since they aren't popular personalities or core creatives like art, music, or animation. Not terrible though imo. I'm a decent producer with a decent channel but I'd rather not be paraded around like some of the horse famous people are at cons.

And even more it's one of the downsides to YouTube. It promotes and encourages personalities more than anything with reaction, vblogs, and "analysis". So everyone and their grandma thinks they can be the next big star leading to convolution and over-saturation in the video market. After all it appears a lot easier to do that stuff than quality music, art, and animation so who can blame them.

These behind the scenes skills people in the fandom are like Dr. Killinger. They do the dirty work to keep things going and don't (nor shouldn't) expect the "fame and glory".
>>
File: 23165465651.png (82KB, 250x229px) Image search: [Google]
23165465651.png
82KB, 250x229px
>>28990502
forgot pic
>>
Some fag here do autistic nice things like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f674btmpQ8A
>>
>>28990552
>nice
What do you mean? This is literal garbage.
>>
>>28990581
4u
so you know more garbage like this?
>>
>>28990586
Sure, most of the analytical community is this way. It's the standard even if it is shit.

But I can see you're doing it >for reasons

So BN is comparable to ILoveKimPossibleALot, Josh Scorcher, ToonKritic, Silver Quill, Dr. Wolf, and several others.

EQD features a lot of them: http://www.equestriadaily.com/search/label/Analysis

Go bananas.
>>
>>28989681
Sure!

Got plenty of scenes you could use if you want. And I do have updates, just none worth mentioning
>>
>>28989344
>absolutely no idea
Anon, what the fuck are you talking about. I don't have "absolutely no idea" anon. I have even less than no idea, shading is hard and I can't fucking do it and it makes me so peeved to be honest. I try doing what Shino does sometimes because I like his shading style with the manes, but yah, I'm clueless..
>>
dont die
>>
File: 1473396963457.png (138KB, 831x882px) Image search: [Google]
1473396963457.png
138KB, 831x882px
3DAnon I hope you're lurking.
>>
File: large.jpg (303KB, 795x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
303KB, 795x1024px
this thread kinda tears me apart
>>
>>28992378
why tho?
>>
File: wow.png (41KB, 249x252px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
41KB, 249x252px
>>
File: 1479127436333.gif (485KB, 300x126px) Image search: [Google]
1479127436333.gif
485KB, 300x126px
>>28992452
All this awesome stuff our guys do. There is so much talent.
Stuff where I even get the chills.
But every time this thread goes up it has been a month. A month where I didnt get better nor got anything done.
>>
bomp
>>
>>28994067
>>
>>28990902
Ill be in touch. Real soon...
>>
>>28992378
It's pretty easy to shatter a diamond.
>>
bum
>>
>>28985024
Better than legends of equestria
>>
Im building a pony puppet to do animations with, will post when the first view is done.

(not using flash, so cant use the existing ones)

have a bump
>>
Bumb
>>
>>28987902
>Electric Light Orchestra
YES ! ALL MY FUCKING YES !!!
>>
>>28990502
But fame and glory (and sometimes money) are the only thing that drives content creation in a fandom. I know a lot of the musicians in the fandom, and they're all in it for horse fame. What other incentive is there? They want praise.

The only way for people to spend their time doing the non-glorious jobs would be if there was enough money in it to make it worth their time. And once money's involved, things inevitably get ugly. So it's hard for the fandom to produce content that requires any "behind the scenes" work.
>>
>>28997707
I do it for the experience and the feeling of having contributed to the glory of the fandom. Not that I'd turn down horse fame.
>>
>>28985024
>Unity
What have we here?
>>
>>28989422
>Ex pro boxer turned IT
That's one combination I never expected to hear.
>>
>>28997738
I hear everyone say that, but when I ask other musicians if they would continue producing music if they got literally no comments or feedback, most of them say they wouldn't. I'm not suggesting you're like them, that's just my experience.
>>
>>28997882
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo9pU1q8sy8
>>
>>28997882
I mean, I'm fine with not getting any reward personally. If people appreciate the thing I contributed to, but don't recognize my contribution specifically, it's fine with me. Among other things, I'm a faceless volunteer drone at a big con. Seeing smiling attendees makes me very happy.
>>
>>28998020
Well then you and I are very different, because as a content creator, if I got no return on my work, I'd stop doing it. And I get that that's an ugly sounding disposition, but I think that's how most creators are whether they admit it or not.

And I'm not even saying that it's a bad thing to want glory or money. I don't think it is. All I'm saying is good luck to anyone who wants to complete a project that needs free management/programming/etc, because you're not gonna find many people who will follow through.
>>
File: 2016-12-04 16_29_57-.png (135KB, 1918x1041px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-04 16_29_57-.png
135KB, 1918x1041px
>>28977355
Hey HWB, didn't see this pop up. Guess I can post the last thing I made and a screenshot of what I'm working on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR6Osv08Mt8
This is the last one I've made, and pic related is my progress on the one I'm working on now.
>>
>>28997707
>What other incentive is there? They want praise.
Nothing clear and attractive that's for sure. So I don't really blame these people for pursuing it otherwise.

Even me, at first, did it for those reasons. But then I got past that immature teenager stage and now I do it as a business hobby. Call me weird but I enjoy running the finances, conducting formal PR, writing out 10 page business plans, interviews, holding meetings pitches and presentations, and most importantly: managing quality control with appropriate ethics.

I'm still satisfied with a majority solid positive review on our videos as long as they are genuine. I get bored with blind criticism and compliments though.

So fame and glory are certainly the majority intent on content aggregation, but not the sole. We are a minority for sure but we few enjoy the thrill of the production ethics not as elitists but as differentials.

I will admit fame, money, and glory, are great ways to motivate beginners. Though I teach my guys and girls to think differently after being on the team for a while when they find "fame and fortune" don't satify as much as it initially did. They usually become more sensible and realistic people for that. Just sayin.

We still get pissed at people who take our assets/"ideas" without permission and make money/competitive viewership off of it.
>>
>>28998279
>>28998020

> if I got no return on my work, I'd stop doing it
Literally nothing wrong with this. In fact,
"He will render to each one according to his works" Romans 2:6

So even in the basis of traditional morals, to want return for your work is completely fine. Now what you exactly expect/want at what level of work is subject to further insight.

But anyone who says they do it for nothing and act as if that is a moral milestone, are not seeing it clearly. Non-monetary rewards like praise, acknowledgement, personal pleasure in quality, "for the greater good", out of love/respect for another, etc are still a form of return.

If none of those aspects applied then you need to ask yourself if what your doing is a complete and utter waste of time which in a sense is unethical since time is valuable. We need to be good stewards as human beings and that includes using time wisely.

>inb4 moralfag

yea yea whatever
>>
>>28998626
>Even me, at first, did it for those reasons. But then I got past that immature teenager stage

This is what bothers about content creators in this fandom. And I don't mean it bothers me that they're immature teenagers (they are). It bothers me when people express sentiments like one you just expressed.

Every single content creator in this fandom you'd talk to would tell you what you just said. "Other people are in it for the fame, but *I* do it because it's fulfilling." And 99% of the time, that's a load of crap. I know this argument isn't going to go over well in a thread full of artists, but I'm a realist.

And listen, I don't know you personally. You very well could be telling the truth, and I hope you are, because you sound very happy. But I wish creators would a) stop lying to themselves and others about their motives for creating content, and b) stop suggesting that being motivated by fame and money is an inherently bad thing. Because it's not.
>>
>>28998691
>b) stop suggesting that being motivated by fame and money is an inherently bad thing. Because it's not.
It's a pretty bad drug to be addicted to, though. Because that fame will pass, if it ever comes.
>>
>>28998726
I completely agree that it's not a good thing to depend on, but that doesn't dispute my point.
>>
>>28998279
>And I'm not even saying that it's a bad thing to want glory or money. I don't think it is. All I'm saying is good luck to anyone who wants to complete a project that needs free management/programming/etc, because you're not gonna find many people who will follow through.

This.

Monetary compensation is a method of valuing someone's work. If you don't compensate them some way, they won't stick around for long.

90% (i'm guessing) of largish fandom projects fail in the initial stages. The number one damn reason in my personal subjective opinion is because the tedious work doesn't get appropriately compensated. So for fan animations, the producer initiates the project, the director does the casting, the writers write the first 10 scenes, the VAs do their first few sets of lines, and then when they get to the most tedious part of the entire project, being quality animation, they get a few scenes in and are already burned out because the damned producer decided to pay people with nothing but empty promises and "for the greater good of the fandom and the fame with it". So then the animators don't want to do it anymore and the project dies off.

>Guardians of Harmony
>Several JanAnimations projects
>TrueTail
>Last Stand of Harmony
>The dozens of Creativity Kitchen projects
>SillyFilly projects
>KimPossibleALot projects
>Tons more

It was funny when people got baffled when the "first good animator" to make his way in this fandom demanded $100/sec of animation. Sure he had a single quality range but he was right to ask what he did essentially. I learned back in 2011 to pay/compensate anyone who works for you. And that's one of the reasons I still function. Because I can't guarantee fame or even long term satisfaction from "the greater good". I can guarantee you cash in your pockets though. And that has done a damned good job at getting work done, which speaks for itself.
>>
>>28998691
>stop lying to themselves and others about their motives for creating content
Why is it so hard to believe my motivation comes from comaradery and quality work? I'm just as "selfish" as anyone who does for money, fame, and glory. It's still a personal pleasure. And I work for pleasure. But that's my idea of pleasure. And yes I personally think wanting to be a great youtube star like PewDiePie or Markiplier is something kids want. Any adult who thinks like that is being unrealistic. Unrealistic goals is immaturity most of the time.

> stop suggesting that being motivated by fame and money is an inherently bad thing.

Please i'm not suggesting that at all. I believe a man is entitled to some kind of compensation for his work. But money all by itself doesn't satisfy for long. If you make shit tons of money off of shitty clickbait videos, you will probably feel like shit sometimes because you're missing out of the compensation one gets for quality work: satisfaction. On the other hand doing it for nothing BUT satisfaction without monetary payment can go the same way. Money is a powerful tool that can get you further in life. Without it you can find yourself in hard times that can deplete other satisfying aspects of life.

Sorry if I said something to imply otherwise. I try my best to write concisely without writing novels. Sometimes that backfires.
>>
>>28998686
>stewards
Do I sense some Andrew W here? I've literately never heard anyone, but him, use that word without referring to flight attendants.
>>
>>28998826
>Why is it so hard to believe my motivation comes from comaradery and quality work?

The short answer is that if you weren't interested in getting attention for your work then you wouldn't publish it. I know that seems like a silly argument, but it's not. There's only one reason to share something publicly, and it's because you want people to see what you made. In my mind, if I truly was only interested in the experience of creating, then I would be completely satisfied without publishing it.

The long answer is that all the musicians I know who insist that they're not in it for the attention are the same people that, when they've made a song, they:

>Tweet about it fifteen times
>Send it to Equestria Daily
>Send it to every person and group in their Skype contacts
>Post it in their Skype status
>Ask people to vote for their song in the top ten of the month
>etc etc

So when people do all these things and still say that they're not interested in fame, it's just completely illogical to me. They're either in denial, or lying. And clearly it's bothered the hell out of me or I wouldn't be typing all this.

I know it's not everyone. I'm not accusing you of lying. And maybe it's different for creators who aren't musicians, I don't know. But that's why it's hard for me to believe at face value. Anyway, I didn't mean to start a big long argument. I've made the points that I wanted to.

I guess my conclusion is that most of the pony musicians I ended up in Skype groups with were full of shit.
>>
File: 1.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>28989386
You can try out stuff and learn new skills anytime.
Everyone starts at zero.
Play around, read about what grabs your attention, ask for help or tuturials or whatever.

You will find that most content creators a quite eager to help a beginner.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/06/tutorial-codex.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngvtZZGbwaI

http://www.gamefromscratch.com/post/2011/08/04/I-want-to-be-a-game-developer.aspx

>>28990103
>>28990502
Most people can only offer to do whatever is in their power or to pick up new stuff.
>>
File: 1427831533343.png (1MB, 1920x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1427831533343.png
1MB, 1920x1181px
>>28998691
>stop suggesting that being motivated by fame and money is an inherently bad
No one is really suggesting that.

>stop lying to themselves and others about their motives for creating content
That isn't necessarily happening here either.

I, like many content producers, got into youtube as a teenager at 16. And like many others, joined the YouTube boom from 2010-2012 at a ripe moment before you had a million people doing the same kind of video and there was relative room to grow and make a name.

But now I am 24, and see youtube as nothing more than a fun hobby when I have time away from work. Yea I admit it. I too started doing it for the fame and glory bullshit. But then mid-way through college I realized the probability of making it big enough to continue doing youtube to meet the "new standard" of 1-2 videos a week or more and make a decent living off of it was highly unlikely. Just like those ghetto kids who all wanna be the next Lebron James, all us white kids who wanted to be the next rooster teeth or pewdiepie were no better. It was a teenage fantasy. Call me whatever you want but when I was told that I'd be getting paid start 73k for my first job after a BSci and couple certs I said goodbye to that silly dream completely. To make the equivalent on YT is roughly 20-25 million views a month (so I was told by my network adviser) with a few million subs relatively.

I'm a realist too and I am glad to hear you are. But you can't have the absolutionist mindset that "All YouTubers want the fame and glory." I could care less about social media glory when I understood my value didn't come from people on the internet. I got way more satisfaction from paying off my debts to my parents and getting a house than a few millions subs ever would. YouTube is fun and nothing more and I'm glad I have you ponyfags to talk to but anyone who expects youtube to be a viable life is not being realistic themselves. It's way too damn hard to get seen on YouTube anymore.
>>
>>28999178
I'm not talking about people in here. I'm talking about what I've seen time and time again from musicians.

And don't twist what I'm saying. I'm not saying people want to be a famous Youtuber. I'm saying that people want nice comments and affirmation for what they made.
>>
Have a WIP mlp

https://soundcloud.com/woodlore-1/wip-snippet/s-Q1kRd
>>
>>28999263
I like it.
>>
I just got sony vegas after not using it for a year. What kind if video ideas do you guys have? No pmv because I personally don't like it.
>>
>>28999105
>pony musicians
Well that's where I can't even base any argument to your claim. I had to take mandatory music classes at a private college in Chicago. I was terrible. And the reason I felt like I was was because there was no motivation for me to do any worthwhile work in that class. Composition was that fault for me.

I worked alongside people who played instruments to entertain. So yea I can't think otherwise as to why they were pay tens of thousands of dollars for a music degree than to perform for others or compose a song to be presented to some audience than to get some applause. Because a lot of them knew they weren't going to make a lot of money any time soon. But the applause was all the seemed to want. Even their Senior Projects were a type of recital in front of a crowd at the city theater.

I couldn't blame them though. I was going into IT for the money. I had my glory days in sports in High School. After that I was fine with a small group of friends at the dorm with my memes. I'm was a nerd and didn't care about hyper social living as many people in the city did. It's not right really but I cringe when I look back on my days when I wrestled and played football for the medals and glory. I took the dozens of awards I won and packed them away a long time ago.

I think I look for glory, just not in the same way anymore. Like most adults I want to perform my job really well that I spent years getting a degree for. I think it is good for everyone to want it. It drives us and takes us to great places. But we gotta be realistic too. I know I'll never be the CEO of this company I work for. But it pays the bills and gives me extra to be generous with to other people.

But I can't explain the entire concept on a chinese image board post. I don't think any of us can.

But yea, YouTube caters to fields that generally insist on "fame" like music, analysts, reactors, stuff like that.

I will never understand the mind of an animator though.
>>
>>28999263
also who can guess which pone it's about
>>
>>28999214
I never said you said that dude. I didn't quote you on that did I?

I took the highest "standard" and made a clear example of it.

You're in music right?

Cool so instead of PewDiePie or whatever let's say MonsterCat or GalaxyMusic, or the slew of other Music Producer/Publisher channels. It's EDM centralized but still the most popular form of music on YouTube.

So in the fandom I see SilvaHound as the KanyeWest of our horse community. He's a braggart, arrogant, prideful, etc. So is Gabriel and others but whatever.

They are examples of places people want to get to around here. Not with everyone but still, I am in the Horse Music Central chat and everyone sucks Silva's dick for the obvious reasons. Cider Party seemed to try and imitate what the music publishers on YouTube did just for our fandom. So they too are vying for a position or standard set by the big channels.

So a lot of the time, inherently some people see the "nice comments and affirmation" that Silva and Gabe get as something to have themselves. But to get their, you need to be famous or whatever.

I'm not a sociologist, I'm just giving an educated guess here. In saying that it's difficult for people not to at some point passively hope to meet the standard of the "big channel" or in our case "horse famous".

So you are pretty much right if you look at it from a big perspective.
>>
>>28999342
The only thing I'm trying to get across is I wish people would stop denying that they're aiming for success.
>>
>>28999362
If anyone ever denies that their aiming for success in some way they are complete idiots. In fact I would straight up laugh at them and as why the fuck they are doing it then and then make it clear that such a baiting form of elitism is so retarded, even an American politician would laugh at them.

What you said was probably one of the healthiest statements in this thread.

>Everyone wants success in some way in everything they do.

Defining what success means is completely loaded in a ton of ways. I guess that's one of the things we do in this thread though. Which is why I come back every month.
>>
>>28999263
Dude WoodLore I didn't know you were still making music. Sounds awesome.
>>
File: 1431742941841s.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1431742941841s.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>>28999362
Finally a clear statement from someone.

This is why these threads are great. I like ethics. And ignoring them bores me after a while. But your statement is true. Everyone wants success in some way for their content. Recognizing that allows us to understand it all better.

We should pin that at the top of every thread from now on. But that would be something /pol/ would do.

pic unrelated
>>
>>28999263
>https://soundcloud.com/woodlore-1/wip-snippet/s-Q1kRd
Holy fucking shit it's Woodlore. My favorite acoustic musician in the fandom. Damn it's good to know you are alive.

What the hell have you been up to lately?
>>
>>28999439

Living the bachelor life now that I'm through with college. Working full time and trying to stay in shape and date and have a social life makes it harder to produce music. I still play and practice most days, but it's hard to find the time to do a full production.

Still not sick of pone.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1M2bzuAVBE&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>28999527
>that I'm through with college. Working full time and trying to stay in shape and date and have a social life makes it harder to produce music. I still play and practice most days, but it's hard to find the time to do a full production.
>Still not sick of pone.
>>>
> Anonymous 12/04/16(Sun)19:39:53 No.28999527â–¶
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k
also did the second, third, and fourth songs in dinky's desinty. along with some other ghost stuff here and there. looking to get back into the fandom though.

https://clyp.it/ae1qv0ev here's my favorite from the three
>>
>>28999516
Imma suck your cock for a bit and say it kinda made my day to see you here.

Based musician in a based thread.

Your drive still inspires me to do my shit when I listen to your stuff but see how underrated you are. But really man how long have you been lurking? Never took you for a 4chinner.

We have this Discord chat with a lot of us who talk about your stuff whenever music is brought up. It's an /mlp/ chat.

We'd be happy to have you there and I'm sure some of the guys would be happy to hear from you.

https://discord.gg/ccgaHCE
>>
>>28999602
Thanks anon. I've been on mlp for longer than I've been making pony music. I just don't use my trip unless I'm writefagging or I need to identify myself for a discussion.

And I'll totally drop into the discord next time I'm bored at work.
>>
>>28999655
And of course I forgot to trip when I said that
>>
>>28999664
noice dude

Let me know when you do so I can introduce you to the boys.

Hit me up WeimTime#9260
>>
File: 1458827754091.jpg (475KB, 1420x1897px) Image search: [Google]
1458827754091.jpg
475KB, 1420x1897px
>>28997657
>>
File: dark.png (3MB, 7500x5000px) Image search: [Google]
dark.png
3MB, 7500x5000px
Just made this shitty edit of http://fav.me/d5ri24d
>>
>>29000649
Not bad.
>>
Bum
>>
File: 1460531082805.jpg (360KB, 960x1089px) Image search: [Google]
1460531082805.jpg
360KB, 960x1089px
>>28977556
>That sudden appearance of Big Man With a Gun after Closer ended.
That was genuinely spooky
>>
>>29000649
Pretty good
>>
>>28981229
>Why is Youtube trash?
The way they promote content is the issue. They promote channels that release a lot of content, and the content also has to be long. That means any kind of content that requires a production cycle is as good as non-existent on the platform. Animation, especially, was killed off by Youtube's platform. The only way to get noticed if you're not posting repetitive, low-effort videos is by having another major website promote your work.

For many pony artists that's EqD, but truth be told the amount of traffic EqD generates for people has dropped off pretty significantly. Personally I think that in spite of the diehards insisting everything is fine and the magic of the show is still there, we've had one too many princess and one too many reminders of the corporate element, and the magic has disappeared for a lot of people.
>>
File: 1417501662482.png (503KB, 737x775px) Image search: [Google]
1417501662482.png
503KB, 737x775px
>>28999286
>I will never understand the mind of an animator though.
I have accepted death as the greatest inevitability and understand that no long term plan shall be as vast or unyielding as the void of non-existence. Hence I animate.

Seriously, though. I've met a few animators over the years - including guys who work in the industry proper - and in my experience a lot of animators seem to have an almost jovial sense of nihilism. I think it's because it's a career that never develops a strong sense of permanence, and you're always thinking about your back-up plans for when the current job falls through. I think it's the kind of thing that teaches you to believe hard work equals a product, but not necessarily success, and you really have to enjoy finishing products and having that delayed gratification.
>>
Anyone know of a good sound recording program? I'm planning on doing a cover of The Night Rises but aside from my voice recording app on my phone I don't have much else.
>>
>>29003112
Audacity.
>>
>>29003115
How many gigs is it?
>>
>>29003129
>0.01
>>
>>29003134
Nice. Thanks!
>>
File: trwilight recolol.jpg (32KB, 513x472px) Image search: [Google]
trwilight recolol.jpg
32KB, 513x472px
>>28977355
First view is semi-done

Anyone see anything wrong? something seems wrong with the hair to me, but i everything i do to it just makes it worse.

Now im going to start with the different mouths.
>>
>>29003288
Right ear is in the wrong place.
>>
File: twilight and starlight.png (33KB, 778x311px) Image search: [Google]
twilight and starlight.png
33KB, 778x311px
>>29003288
That back ear's misplaced. In fact, that ear shouldn't be visible from this angle.
If you're going for Twilight's mane, it should stick out a bit more.
>>
>>28999342
>Everyone sucks silva's dick in horse music central chat

lol, you mean like the five people that are active there? For a server that has a lot of users, I always see the same people talking. It seems like every music chat I'm in degrades into a clique circlejerk.
>>
File: twilightv2.jpg (30KB, 574x451px) Image search: [Google]
twilightv2.jpg
30KB, 574x451px
>>29003301
>>29003319
v2, added the correct color as well. Still need to make the line thicknesses consistent though.
>>
File: knock.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
knock.gif
2MB, 500x281px
My semester is out so I can animate some more roleplaying pones. Things are starting to pick up now that I have more rigs and things set up and good to go. Still a long way to go but I’m excited for some upcoming scenes involving ponk.

Also wanted to give my 2 cents on animation tools. Most people starting out jump Flash/Animate but over look other options such as After Effects. I find After Effects to be a supremely underrated animation tool to the point many people are still surprised that character animation is even possible with it. With a few plugins though (like Duik), After Effects is a more than capable animation tool and I wish there were more people around using it. Just look at 2snacks’ or Ross Plaskow’s work and you’ll see the awesome shit that’s possible with AE. Toon Boom is also a great alternative though, and blows Flash out of the water from what I’ve seen.

>>29003032
I’m an animator and I hate myself. However, nothing beats the feeling of getting a huge animation project done. It’s possibly the most satisfying feeling ever. Also, learning new techniques and stuff is always pretty fun. Nonetheless, animation is by far the worst way to make any kind of living off the internet. Youtube’s algorithms just completely fuck over animators (they pay based on minutes watched instead of views) so that they’re almost completely reliant on handouts by fans which isn’t a very stable source of income at all. Just do let's plays, analysis, or some other shit if all you want is sweet YouTube money.
>>
>>29003919
Did you notice when Youtube added the "animation" category to their site? I got a little excited about it. Not really excited! Just a little! Because maybe that meant they were finally acknowledging that they used to have animators on their platform.

But go and check that category out. Front page is fucking Family Guy and Simpsons. Cable TV animation. They're not even promoting independent artists. That site just does not truly give a shit about content creators.
>>
>>29003582
Is that the final eyes you're using? Twilight's come to a point at the inner bottom corner, as in >>29003319
>>
File: Fortresshy_pg_1.png (4MB, 3300x5100px) Image search: [Google]
Fortresshy_pg_1.png
4MB, 3300x5100px
I'm currently an animator, but I have much to improve with my drawing skills. I am looking to improve my comic drawing skills, and I've asked the original creator of a story if I could use one of his works and make it into a comic. I only have around 3-5 hours to work on my drawing skills per day, but I will be using all of it to improve my skill. Right now I could use all the thoughts, comments, suggestions, critiques, etc. I can get.
>>
>>29003996
What a let down. They are really good at killing quality animation publication.
>>
>>29003919
"I'll have two number 45's..."
>>
bum
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDcVs1kG4-w

This is just an edit I made (Ive done 3 so far) for practice since I do want to make my own Pone Parody (there are so few I know). Hell I already have the casting call up and ready. Really all I need is an editor to help out with the bigger edits.
>>
>>29004150
Thats really good man! Happen to have any animations out to check out?
>>
>>29003919
That is super fucking cute anon. Do you have previous videos you can link? Or will this be the first one?
>>
File: 1465101121294.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1465101121294.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>28998358
damn I had such high hopes when I saw the image at 6:00
my first appearance in a PTS
good work though
>>
>>29005275
Thanks! You can check out my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/OmegaOzone

It's been pretty dead for awhile but I guess I'm working on rectifying that. I've also done some DnD pone videos in the past but that was some years ago. This time around I have a completely custom storyline and got some VAs on board as well instead of just using the Dead Alewives DnD skits. It's still pretty inspired by stuff from HarmonQuest and Harmontown though so expect a similar style of humor.
>>
>>28982886
Try asking mlp plays
>>
>>29003919
Would you recommend flash/animate or after effects for an Anon whos been animating on photoshop but wants to take it further a step?
Since flash/animate are also from adobe it d be an smoother transition, yes? But can you tell if it would be worth it in the long run? Never looked into after effects myself tbqh
>>
>>29006072
After effects isn't really an animation program. As the name implies it's meant to touch up a product afterward. Flash is good to learn on and isn't a bad idea if you're only just breaking into animation, but Flash/Animate has a deservedly poor reputation because it also isn't designed for animation.

For years Adobe insisted that Flash was NOT meant for animating, but after web developers declared it was unfit for web development, they did a heel-turn and rebranded it. Flash is a crash-prone piece of garbage that people use to learn from, but fewer people make a profession from any longer.

It's easy to pick up initially. A program like Toon Boom is more powerful, but because it's more powerful it's also more complex and it'll slow you down a lot when you're just starting off.
>>
File: tit.png (124KB, 1419x819px) Image search: [Google]
tit.png
124KB, 1419x819px
>>29006072
>>29006104
After Effects isn't strictly an animation program per se but there are plugins that can transform it into a pretty powerful one (check out the Duik tool plugin, it's completely free too). Even if you don't have any plugins, animation is still very much doable. Check out this series by Ross Plaskow: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRckK2qRXQPHsjJ34c6ppLNuKBEQt0MYx

Using pretty much just the base After Effects program, he's able to create a fully articulate puppet rig.

AE does have it's limitations though, hand-drawn frame-by-frame animation is sorta possible but it's much simpler to do in programs like Flash and Toon Boom. If you're looking to do purely frame-by-frame animation, I'd say stick with Toon Boom, otherwise AE is very much worth a shot as well. Try to avoid Flash if you can, even if it is a little simpler to learn.
>>
>>29005893
If you ever need VAs I wouldnt mind trying something out (if you ever need male characters)
>>
>>29005893
oh, snap, didn't expect to see you here.
>>
>>29005893
Of all the places you promote your work and progress, you chose /mlp/.
>>
>>29007304
>implying he can only choose one place at a time
>>
>>29007374
>implying he has the effort to promote on multiple places at a time
>>
>>29006905
>>29007304
I like to drop into /mlp/ every once in a while because there's usually less bullshit/hugboxing going on around here. The content creator thread specifically is pretty good for pone-related animation discussion and it's nice to see what people are working on.

>>29006485
I have all my VAs covered for now but if I need a male VA in the future I'll keep you in mind. It's always good to have some people to fall back on.
>>
>>29007407
Omega, have you ever considered a Rhythm Heaven MLP animation? Your Shirts! one was great and it was similar imo. Awesome work you've got, looking forward to seeing more
>>
>>29007451
It could be a pretty fun to do. I always enjoy doing some rhythm based animations every now and then, especially if I have a new mix or something. The Rhythm Heaven MLP trend is kinda dead unfortunately but it could be cool to dabble in nonetheless. It's too bad MysteryBen is too busy creating his Mystery Skulls cartoons now, his Rhythm Heaven pony animations were awesome back in the day.
>>
File: giddy up.png (428KB, 2310x436px) Image search: [Google]
giddy up.png
428KB, 2310x436px
>>28987902
all of my keks
>>
>>29004091
eyes are basic ones atm, im trying to create a master eye that can easily be changed into any of the known shapes right now.
>>
bum
>>
>>28987902
Please someone send this to /mu/.
I wanna see their reaction.
>>
>>29008470
I don't wanna get banned
>>
one las bumb before bed
>>
>>29009155
Don't worry. You're just gonna get a warning.
>>
>>29005228
Unfortunately, no. All my animation is either non-mlp related or is just an experiment because I'm still learning. It's all mostly sketches, animatics, and storyboards. Luckily, these comics are easy to do more or less, and at the very least I can pump them out weekly. If you want to follow along with my progress and give pointers you're more than welcome to. Here's a link to my DA: http://tricky-vic.deviantart.com
>>
>>28998775
No noo no. It's not that at all. You can't pay someone to stop being shitty, lazy and talentless.

JanAnimations?... I hope you meant 100 for 10 seconds. Because 100 for 24frames is already more than Disney tier. And he's fucking horrendous, he can't animate jackshit properly without using tweened garbage. He deserves more like 200 a minute, because even Phillipines animators do a better job and are paid under 1k a minute.
>>
>>29004292
''...one with cheese''
>>
>>29005126

>>29010482
>>
>>28977355
The only"contributions" I've made to the "fandom" are some green text stories and assorted drawfag requests.
>>
>>28998775
>Creativity Kitchen
Do they even exist anymore?
>>
File: flash.png (243KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
flash.png
243KB, 1920x1080px
I have zero motivation to finish what I've started. What the hell do I do.
>>
File: 1478031957655.gif (36KB, 200x146px) Image search: [Google]
1478031957655.gif
36KB, 200x146px
>>29010724
>>
File: lookat.jpg (54KB, 522x448px) Image search: [Google]
lookat.jpg
54KB, 522x448px
Yo, animators, what do I ask Google to get something like a set of rules of lifelikeness?

In particular I'm interested in how should a pony turn to face a new direction. Like, it's probably eyes first, then head, then body. But what if the target direction is outside character's field of view? Where do I aim the eyes while turning before and before the target comes into view? And once I'm looking at the target, I'm not done, I need to straighten the body to face the target completely. In what order do I do this? Etc, etc, etc.
>>
>>29010559
>You can't pay someone to stop being shitty, lazy and talentless.
You're right you can't. But getting paid is a damned good motivational factor. If I refused to work at my job because they didn't pay me would that mean I'm lazy? No it just means they don't value my work they way it should be and so I won't work. But yes money obviously doesn't make you go from bad to good like that. It's why I only "hire" people with a portfolio of some kind giving me an idea of their skill level.

>JanAnimations?... I hope you meant 100 for 10 seconds.

Trust me, I completely agree that his approach to his pricing was ludicrous. He simply said he was a professional and that's what they get paid. Not considering the prospect that to even be a "professional" you need to usually be "certified" in some way. But people throw that term around a lot as a measurement of quality without knowing the ethics behind it. However a lot of people did approach him asking for "free work" from him on their fan projects. He didn't like that and I have to agree that getting upset at someone who wants money for their work isn't ethical. But HOW MUCH money is always up for debate.

>because even Phillipines animators do a better job and are paid under 1k a minute.
I sincerely wish somebody would shove this down Jan's arrogant throat.
>>
>>29010981
>Do they even exist anymore?
Better question is did they ever exist in the first place.

They claimed to be a production studio but never worked like that. Slashy made demands to get things done but never really paid anyone. He was no better than KP or FlamingoRich in his own way.

I'm not saying they didn't complete anything. But anything that got completed never followed the guidelines of production ethics. So a better term would be a "Convoluted Team of Various Talents and Broken Communication that had a 5% Production Rate and No Revenue of Any Kind".
>>
>>29011201
Are you WeimTime?
>>
>>29011559
Good guess but no. I left before he did. Assuming he still hangs around there. I talk to him every now and then when he shows up on skype.

I left after Slashy did a piss poor job at Dinky's Destiny in the PR department. I admit he had some decent criticism but his lack of informing a certain VA of her discontinued role was the thing I couldn't defend among his ruining of what was left of the reputation by his constant need to spurg out over anything CK related everywhere. CK was a good idea and it has had some good talent at one point. But now it's a laughing stock because Slashy is hopelessly irrational. The mention of it is a meme now.

I feel bad for whoever is still there but it's going around a lot of places. Very few project teams ever function appropriately. So Slashy is one of many.
>>
>>29011136
Watch how real animals move.
Study them and you will get a better hang on movement.
You can also look at disney animations frame by frame, which i highly recommend, a lot of work went into those animations.
Trial and error is also important. Make short animations with the subject you want to study and rewatch them, look for errors and get better.

But be prepared for hard work, because that is what it's going to come down in the end.
>>
>>29011559
Why is it whenever the CK is brought up there has to be this one guy who either thinks it's Mayde or WeimTime calling it out?

I mean it's funny that they get the blame kinda but still.

The CK had nearly 100 members at one point. It's not like those two were the only avid thinkers there.
>>
>>29011637
>>29011713
>Why is it whenever the CK is brought up there has to be this one guy who either thinks it's Mayde or WeimTime calling it out?
Didn't know that was a meme. I asked mainly because WeimTime is the only person I've seen speak positively of involving money in fan projects, and I wanted to know if that viewpoint was more widespread than I had thought. Seems strange to me since one of the major complaints against Final Draft/EFN and later against KP was that they were taking their horse cartoons too seriously and trying to run things like a business.
>>
>>29012362
>WeimTime is the only person I've seen speak positively of involving money in fan projects

Yeah come to think of it he is rather fond of the idea.

I'm actually neutral. I think money is a good drive but can still cause issues. So maybe Slashy knew what he was doin then eh? Guy is a damn mystery.

I have no idea who said >>29011713 though.
>>
>>28998775
You're so one sided. You're not exposing light to those who doesn't work for money, but was in a successful project collabs.

2 weeks of deadline for a 3 minute unpaid animation with nice looking visuals, reporting in.
>>
>>29012709
Cool story.

Mind posting the animation you did for free?
>>
>>29012742
I can't. I won't. Cause then you'd know me.

Look here Jacob. Not everyone has money to support their artists. And a lot of artists know that, so they work for free. That would not spell doom on the project. It's how the supervisors value their artists.

Don't look down on producers just because they don't pay their artists and cast. Not everyone is as rich as you who can afford it.
>>
>>29012798
>Jacob.
Jacob Kitts?

Never knew the guy but I doubt he'd be here anon. Cmon man.

But seriously show your video. I didn't mean to sound rude. I really do like to hear stories of how people accomplish things with minimal resources. Like the boys in the /mlp/ Plays thread.

Just don't try to sound all superior for doing it sheesh. It works both ways.
>>
>>29012886
>Jacob Kitts?
The name's Bond.
Jacob Bond.

>I really do like to hear stories of how people accomplish things with minimal resources. Like the boys in the /mlp/ Plays thread.
No you don't. cause if you do, they you'd shed light on people who accomplish things with minimal resources. Instead, all you do is talk about how money is almost essential in alot of projects. All the fucking time.
>>
>>29012909
>Jacob Bond
No you are thinking of this guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/jjkmovies

I already told you I'm neutral on the money subject >>29012609

But go ahead and derail the thread man. That's cool.
>>
>>29012942
You're neutral on the subject but only mentioned the negative aspects of project who don't rely on money. Try backing up your neutrality by also talking on the positive aspect next time.
>>
File: 312123132312.jpg (68KB, 1038x636px) Image search: [Google]
312123132312.jpg
68KB, 1038x636px
>>29012971
>Try backing up your neutrality by also talking on the positive aspect next time.

Alright I'll spoonfeed you then.
Here >>28998826 >>28999393

Try reading the entire thread before jumping in next time "Mr. Bond".
>>
bum
>>
>>29013064
Do you expect me to bumb this thread, Goldfinger?
>>
>>29011045
Stop being a college drop-out and do your homework every day.
>>
File: WIP PArody Video.png (1MB, 2559x1398px) Image search: [Google]
WIP PArody Video.png
1MB, 2559x1398px
>>29012909
>Jacob Bond
Great to see some quality shitposting right here. You know for sure it's dedication when the person actually bothers to learn your real name. Thanks boyo.

Anyways I've been out of the content publication realm for a few weeks now for the same reason as these gents >>28980382 >>28981176

School is priority for me this time of year. I also plow snow. Good thing most people get that.

Anyways I've still been in production of various things. I don't have time for heavy ended video editing, but I can do the small stuff. Lately in between classes I've been memeing around with this Titanic parody video in pic related. Just something to poke fun at the fandom that I've always wanted to do.

What do you fine gents think about parody videos in general? They seem to trend well on YT for certain communities even if they aren't always that difficult to make or require a lot of quality.
>>
3 years of writing semi-shitty adventure fanfiction. Got bitten by the literature bug and still going. http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Nameless+Narrator
>>
>>29015290
All your stories are tagged "Dark", and it looks like some woe is me edgy self-insert.
>>
>>29015290
How does fimfiction work for you?
I've checked out only a few stories there but was mostly disappointed.
>>
File: Killer Queen is confused.png (73KB, 229x221px) Image search: [Google]
Killer Queen is confused.png
73KB, 229x221px
>contributed a couple of pixel art requests
>Including a full spritesheet of 6 different helmets for Pony Town (that will probably never be added)
>currently writing a CYOA
>It's in spanish

Well atleast I wont make a name for myself, so that's good...I guess
>>
>>29016802
Can I see those pixels?
>>
>>29016724
>I've checked out only a few stories there but was mostly disappointed.
If you want recommendations for stuff to read, ask the Fimfiction thread: >>28959659
>>
>>29017347
There's actually quite a lot of great stories on FimFiction, you just have to ignore all the crap.
>>
https://www.castingcall.club/projects/my-little-pony-friendship-is-pandering

They told me to come here.
So here
>>
https://www.castingcall.club/projects/my-little-pony-friendship-is-pandering

They told me to come here.
So here I am!
>>
File: 1303696.gif (3MB, 2273x1266px) Image search: [Google]
1303696.gif
3MB, 2273x1266px
>>28977355
I made this not so long ago,
I started animating months ago and i don't have so much time to make new stuff ,but i still contribute to the fandom as much as i can
>>
>>28986895
you can control the duration of each frame.
for example, you can make a gif with 24 fps setting each frame to have a delay of 0,04 seconds
>>
File: hospitalpone.gif (3MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
hospitalpone.gif
3MB, 2000x2000px
Just finished drawing spongebob memes
>>
>>29017820
100/10
>>
>>29017820
THAH, nice one anon!
>>
>>29017820
I don't get the reference, but I like it
>>
>>29017820
Ayyyyy I love me some spongebob.
>>
File: LC9fykh.gif (500KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
LC9fykh.gif
500KB, 500x313px
>>29017976
>>
>>29018082
Ooooh!
>>
>>29011136
to learn about animation i will throw you "the animator's survival kit" it contains everything you need to know about animation
you will think it only applies to 2D animation, but it works for 3D aswell
>>
>>29017678
Hawt! And, I'm afraid, I've already removed your signature on my copy.
I'm opportunistic like that.

>>29017820
Cute!
>>
>>29017678
kek
>>
>>29017801
That s the thing, they did have 0,04 duration, so i changed to 25 to match and try to stop the 'speed up' that happened when i rendered at 30 before, but it still didnt work in the final 25fps render and went just as fast

I use the frame speed thing all the time for balanced smoothness and file otimization thou for gifs, but i been wondering now if variable frame rate carries on to renders or if photoshop always deduces each frame as 0,03 sec when doing so
This last edit was static 0,04 sec so its the only explanation i ve concluded so far, but it helps none and is actually quite a problem if true
>>
>>29017955
>All these dick sucking
>>29007407
>there's usually less bullshit/hugboxing going on around here
>>
File: OC Short Fuse.png (17KB, 416x470px) Image search: [Google]
OC Short Fuse.png
17KB, 416x470px
>>29016858
Oh well, here is my most re-posted work
>>
>>29019251
Thanks. Pretty nice
>>
File: palette.png (1KB, 163x166px) Image search: [Google]
palette.png
1KB, 163x166px
>>29019251
Just a few tips
>The black and dark grays blend a little too much with one another
>Instead of shading with black (ie. using just darker and darker grays and browns), consider using something else for shading, such as mixing in a little bit of blue
>The eye background color is too close to the white, you could just take it out all together
>A lot of throwaway browns, could easily unite them without any problems
Did you use some transparency to do the horn glow effect? That would explain it.
>Few jaggies here and there, mostly along the outlines of the mane
>Little bit of manual anti-aliasing could make a few of those corners less jarring (neck, the "tummy line" next to the cutie mark)
>>
After my two/three week break, I am working on a new PMV, one last PMV until new year, probably, maybe, probably. Depends how quick this one will be done. Just saying, also to bumb the thread
>>
Im trying to do at least an animatic about a crossover between equestria girls and my hero academia
Doing basic loops in ps and camera works in After Effects
Im working slow but im getting there
>>
File: 9685.gif (315KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
9685.gif
315KB, 500x281px
There is a lot talk about animation here.
Do you guys have a something have something like an overview of what an animator does? The workflow and steps and stuff?
>>
>>29022307
Watch The Animator's Survival Kit.
>>
>>29023231
>>
>>29023246
>>
File: HONK.png (423KB, 1701x1339px) Image search: [Google]
HONK.png
423KB, 1701x1339px
bump
>>
support creation
>>
Passing through to keep a good thread alive.
>>
>>28992145
Always am.

>>28985024
Looks pretty good! I agree it needs the light probes for the characters, but that aside I think the AO is a little to strong. I'm looking forward to seeing this progress.

>>28988970
Oh my, I remember seeing some of your first tests with my models and mocap way back. Good fun.

>>29011136
Try act things and using reference footage to work from as others have suggested. Remember to add blinks almost any time the eye looks at something different or the head moves. It really makes it feel more natural. For turning around you can use one long blink that lasts over most the head motion, or one shorter blink at the start and end of the motion works too. As you suggested, the eyes should lead the head, and the head should lead the body. Turning animations are a pain in general though if you want to avoid sliding feet, but as long as it looks ok whatever works I suppose.
>>
at this point this thread is nothing but bumps
>>
File: Image0001.jpg (48KB, 712x712px) Image search: [Google]
Image0001.jpg
48KB, 712x712px
>>29026105

Look at that, 3DAnon is still lurking.
How do you do? Are you working on any Pony stuff?

And greetings to all the other /3D-mlp/ people from the old threads
>>
File: 3d meem.png (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3d meem.png
2MB, 1600x1200px
>>29026732
>Tfw no more '>Heh, I'm keking at my own pasta'
Good times
>>
>>29018106
>>29011136
This. Get the "Animator's Survival Kit". Great book, easy to understand, good for reference.

What you're talking about is called "overlapping animation" and there's not a strict rule, but what you're trying to get is set up a natural range of movements that get you from key to key. Usually eyes do snap on your target first, then head turns, then body catches up because the whole body is larger and takes more energy to turn.
>>
>>29011158
>>29010559
>even Phillipines animators do a better job and are paid under 1k a minute.
The thing about Jan is that he does all his work solo, though. People come to him asking, "Hey, can you animate this idea I have?"

Well, that means drawing the backgrounds, making the rigs, doing all the animation - all that by himself. Yes, Phillipines animators often do IN-BETWEENS for little money, but that's a more basic and lesser-paid facet of animation.

I mean let's supposed you asked Jan to independently do an animation for a four and a half minute song. You're asking him to do the entire thing.
Like, for example, you want him to do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlEb3L1PIco

I've heard "Mystery Skulls" asked for a far lower budget than this, but eventually clocked in at costing around $30k. That was a team project and under Jan's model they would have asked for $27k and still come up short of money at the end.

I'm not saying Mystery Skulls is the metric by which all animation costs should be judged, but real animation is expensive if you aren't exploiting the global economy to get cheap labor.
>>
>>28990103
Don't know if you're still visiting this thread, but hey. I checked out overmare studios, but they seem to only accept applications for programmers with experience with c# and untiy , if I read correctly. Could they make use of my ansible/large scale server management skills or not really? The experience wouldnt be a problem, I've worked in this field for few years now, professionally at that.
>>
>>29027586
I'm still here.

I talked to the lead programmer and he was like meh, so fuck that.

Instead, I'm gonna refer to another guy: RainbowDerpy. He mentioned to me he's gathering a team of people to offer IT and legal services to pony projects. "Ponies as a service" as he said. I've met him in person. He's not a dickhead, but a pretty cool guy. You can find him on Twitter @RainbowDerpyYaY or on IRC as rainbowderpy in #yayponies on ponychat.net
>>
File: 2016-12-09 (1).jpg (374KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-09 (1).jpg
374KB, 1920x1080px
Added clutter.
>>
Do that silly video, anon.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdX1kldYdCg
>>
>>29022359
will do
thanks
>>
>>29029501
What silly video?
>>
>>29029501
Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb6snD-rXfA&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: neat.png (612KB, 671x606px) Image search: [Google]
neat.png
612KB, 671x606px
>>29030906
Yes anon. Well done. You own my sides.
>>
>>29030937
Thanks man, comments like these are all I need to make my day
>>
>>29005776
Is it actually your post? Or did you just think it was at first?

Do you want your first appearance in a PTS?
>>
>>29028804
Still no correct lightning on your characters ...
It's literally the most important thing.
>>
>>29029892
I'm glad you see you're still around.

Squee.
>>
>>29030906
whast movie/series is this from
>>
>>29033116
sorry giving you false hopes, i'm not him
i was just bumping but forgot the bump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6IblxRHg_Y
just posting this because yes i'm not him either
>>
>>29033757
Westworld tv series
>>
File: DELET.gif (4MB, 480x450px) Image search: [Google]
DELET.gif
4MB, 480x450px
>>29033949
Goddamn that was cute as fuck, have a meem gif from it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYIulF4_0Lk&ab_channel=DrPugjunior
>>
File: gabby_w_text.png (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
gabby_w_text.png
2MB, 3840x2160px
I make lewd. Some day I hope to be as good as the best of them at the horse pussy.

Right now one of my goals is to animate some, I've made a few loops and stuff in Clip Studio, but it has no native support for sound, which would have to be mapped to it afterwards. Anyone have tips for a pipeline where you could draw in something like Clip, but still have a relatively easy way of mapping sound?
>>
>>29029892
>>29033949
This is pretty good. might make some in the same format since i dont want to deal with voice actors and get bored making any scene longer than a couple of seconds.
>>
File: 0O0.jpg (86KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
0O0.jpg
86KB, 1024x768px
>>29033949
https://youtu.be/Z6IblxRHg_Y?t=24s
NO RARA Y DID U DO THIS
>>
>>29018106
Jokes aside, that book is a damn masterpiece.
>>
boop
>>
>>29030906
I had a physiological reaction to this
>>
>>29034772
>lewd griffons
o-ok I can h-handle this
>>
>>29018106
What tools do you use for 2D/3D animations?
Are there free alternatives?
>>
File: starvs.jpg (99KB, 678x740px) Image search: [Google]
starvs.jpg
99KB, 678x740px
bump
>>
>>29035293
I really don't like these awkward slow-paced fan animations.
>>
How much does a decent drawfag cost? I need to make a comic book.
>>
Friendly but bum
>>
>>29038665
Something like 3 digits
>>
>>29036767
Flash, Toonboom, and TVPaint are the standards for 2D animation.

If you're just doing short things,Krita is a free program very similar to Photoshop, and it's FREE. Alternatively, Animation Paper is a free software for animation, but I didn't like the interface. You -could- just pirate lol.

For 3D, Maya is free IF you get their student version, so you'd have to prove your a student. When I got it that way, I had no problems and I don't think you have to prove much lol.

Oh and I'm not the anon you asked, Hope it still helps!
>>
>>29040844
Thank you. I didn't know you could animate with Krita too.
>>
>>29041307
Krita's animation features are still pretty work-in-progress, but you can make stuff with it.
>>
File: 1438063211553.jpg (55KB, 262x345px) Image search: [Google]
1438063211553.jpg
55KB, 262x345px
I'm bored so if anyone wants to talk pone music or has any questions I'm here for a couple hours.
>>
>>29043600
Who are you even?
Genuinely wondering.
>>
>>29043608
I'm a B-List pone musician. Maybe C-List.
>>
File: snap111.png (33KB, 1051x519px) Image search: [Google]
snap111.png
33KB, 1051x519px
>>29043614
Oh hey I actually have you in my pony.fm folder.

Your singing is pretty good, I'm not personally too fond of it, but it's objectively okay.
The instrumentals would make for some pretty chill music though.
>>
>>29043645
That came out a bit harsher than I meant, you're pretty good.
>>
>>29043645
Thanks! Unfortunately all my popular songs are pretty outdated. I like to think I'm much better now.
>>
File: 1457431200829.jpg (204KB, 1010x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1457431200829.jpg
204KB, 1010x1024px
>>29043614
>C-list
Nigga way down in Appleoosa, Timberline Akimbo and Flowers are my favorite songs out of this shindig.
>>
>>29043600
Tell me all about your craft!
How long have you been doing it?
How did you learn? Are there any resources you can recommend?
What are your tools and how do you go on about doing it?
>>
>>29043712
I started actually trying to produce songs in 2014. I came into it from a different angle than most people in that I already knew all my music theory but knew nothing about the technology or how to produce. From what I've seen in the fandom most people go the other way, and only learn music theory as it becomes necessary.

And that's also my recommendation. I know a huge amount of electronic artists in the fandom disagree with me on this, but learning basic music theory makes you so much better at songwriting. Good resource:

https://www.musictheory.net/lessons

I learned music in general because I did jazz band in high school. Learned guitar and vocals and production alone in my apartment.

And the software I use is FL Studio 12. But for a recording musician like me, the software is arbitrary. I'm not doing synths or DJing, so as long as my software can do EQ, compression, and reverb, I'm pretty much set for like 90% of my songs.

Whew.
>>
>>29043881
>I learned music in general because I did jazz band in high school
Jazzer here. What did you play?
>>
>>29043966
Lead bone. I've still got chops too, but I didn't take good care of my instrument, and now the slide is too loud to record it well.

You?
>>
>>29043977
Trombone. Did guitar and upright bass for a little bit, but trombone's been my main instrument, so that's what I'm doing in college
>>
>>29043990
Oh cool! Yeah I decided not to do it in college. Knowing how to play a horn can make you a decent living too, there are a lot of acts looking for a horn section.
>>
>>29044010
>there are a lot of acts looking for a horn section.
That's kinda what I'm hoping for. All the really good players here are going into music education, so I'm spending what little money I have left, and filling up my last semester with performance courses
>>
>>28977355

Here is a list of everything I have contributed to the fandom:
>>
>>29044317
You're the 99%
>>
File: 1460788225248.jpg (425KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1460788225248.jpg
425KB, 1024x1024px
>>29044317
Noice, cant wait to see what comes next

I know that feel
>>
sleepy bump
>>
>>29044460
just work on it
>>
File: map.png (369KB, 3499x1968px) Image search: [Google]
map.png
369KB, 3499x1968px
I'm currently working on a map of Ponyville as part of a bigger project (a pony tactical rpg).
So far I've added Sweet Apple Acres, Sugarcube Corner, the town hall, and the marketplace.
Landmarks that are still missing: Homes of twilight, Rarity, and Fluttershy, the train station, maybe the hospital.
Anything important I'm forgetting?
>>
>>29046402
Cheerilee's schoolhouse is an important one that's missing, maybe Rainbow's cloud home.
You can check on http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Ponyville#Infrastructure_and_places
>>
File: PonyRig7.7 34 legs.png (133KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
PonyRig7.7 34 legs.png
133KB, 3840x2160px
>>29047572
im looking at other puppets while building mine, and this is ther legs of one. is 3,8 and 9 ever used in the show? some of these look fucking weird to me. im thinking i can get by with 1,5 and 6 + deformations.
>>
>>29047942
>3
Hooves on table
>8
Dash asking a question
>9
Clap your hooves/nervous hoof tapping
All have been used
>>
>>29049593
This is not a general, stop bumping and let it die if it comes to that
>>
>>29049996
No.
>>
>>29047942
why don't use the leaked ones?
>>
File: img.png (282KB, 495x390px) Image search: [Google]
img.png
282KB, 495x390px
>>29047942
This looks like the 3rd one.
>>
Ugghh.

I was on a creative bender for like two months and now I can't really break the lull.

Any of you guys have any tips on how to break this creative block? Everything I'm making just feels like shit and everything I go back and try to finish I feel like I'm fucking up...

I also feel like I haven't had a solid idea in a while, just meh ones...
>>
>>29051479
With me, I usually take breaks until my brain starts working, I never hard to force myself personally.
>>
>>29051067
got a link? it seems to have been purged from post sites due lo legal issues
>>
File: leaked legs.jpg (17KB, 818x240px) Image search: [Google]
leaked legs.jpg
17KB, 818x240px
>>29052477
>>29051067
nvm, i got it. these are the leaked legs
>>
>>29047942
>>29052494
Are those from the show assets leaked back in 2015?
>>
>>29052544

this >>29052494 is from the DHX leak in 2012-2013, i dont know about a leak in 2015
>>
>>29052544
does anyone even have the flash files from that leak? it seems hasbro did a pretty good job at getting them all deleted\.
>>
File: ABRASIVE pone.gif (169KB, 810x737px) Image search: [Google]
ABRASIVE pone.gif
169KB, 810x737px
>>28977355
Hey guys, you think I should pick this back up and keep working to make a pmv? I've only made a few gifs, but this style is real easy and pretty quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7wkRET0hbo
>>
>>29052990
its on ru.btdb.in
>>
>>29053015
yes
>>
>>29052990
This should be your #1 pony bookmark, almost everything I ever need is here.
http://iwatchitfortheplot.romesilvanus.io/Pony/Flash/
>>
File: derp bounce.gif (278KB, 2674x1811px) Image search: [Google]
derp bounce.gif
278KB, 2674x1811px
>>29053020
I guess that's all the feedback I needed, I shall pick up the pen tomorrow and put my time with the flu to good use.
>>
>>29052952
Ahh, I was going by date of the archived threads:
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/24776866/

Guess they were leaked earlier than that.

>>29052990
This magnet should still work:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1133037cfb534522345a50f5774fe6207c57a1e9&dn=AssetsLicensor.zip
>>
>>29053033
good working
>>
>>29053021
>>29053035
thanks, I got the torrent from >>29053016
>>
>>29053021
>iwatchitfortheplot
ive been seeing this a lot lately, is it just some guy storing all pony material, or is it a /mlp/ project, or what?
>>
>>29053927
Just some guy who obsessively archives every pony related thing on the internet. It's actually pretty useful given how takedown-happy Hasbro is.
>>
>>29053927
Seems to be just some furfag who generously opened his personal NAS to the public Internet.
>>
>>29053927
>>29054321
>>29054328
Hi there, please send me missing stuff.
>>
>>29054647
Do you have everything from this mega collection?
https://mega.nz/#F!o4AyyJBJ!usx-W_G7-qx4BWdraOxLuQ
>>
>>29054771
Nope, but I will add it shortly. Thanks!
>>
bum
>>
>>29053033
what a nice thing senpai
>>
>>29057073
What's up with this shadow bumping trend recently?
>>
File: file.png (472KB, 1035x688px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
472KB, 1035x688px
>>29057114
autism
>>
File: DT2.png (108KB, 1419x801px) Image search: [Google]
DT2.png
108KB, 1419x801px
Working on a short Diamond Tiara Christmas animation
>>
File: 1476166693178.jpg (331KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
1476166693178.jpg
331KB, 517x768px
>>28978562
>>
Odd question but... could I ask what the (musical) themes and/or motifs of the show are?
In short, it's in the /mlp/ plays guidelines as one of the select requirements and, if I had a theme from the show to play with, I could run with it.
For someone who's watched the vast majority of episodes, I'm embarrassed to say none of the background music stuck in my head.
Also, I'm too lazy to actually look them up, wherever they may be.
>>
File: lizard guy dancing.gif (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lizard guy dancing.gif
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>29053015
>>29053033
I made another thing
>>
File: pink drink.gif (108KB, 1017x871px) Image search: [Google]
pink drink.gif
108KB, 1017x871px
>>29059485
And another that I fucked up but am too tired to fix today
>>
>>29059485
Reminded me of one thing and one thing only.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZcmTl_1ER8
>>
>>29059485
>>29059529
neat
>>
>>29059529
Maybe leave some more time on the frames where shes drinking and taking in air
>>
>>29059485
Are you basically roughly tracing over pre-existing gifs?
I don't mean that as criticism: it's an interesting style more reminiscent of hand-drawn aesthetics.
>>
File: cute hoers.png (2MB, 1028x1542px) Image search: [Google]
cute hoers.png
2MB, 1028x1542px
>>29061943
Yep, I am just tracing. I know how to draw from scratch pretty well, but animation is a whole nother beast.

>pic related I drew it with now tricks or cheating
>>
File: 1476293078250.gif (3MB, 647x527px) Image search: [Google]
1476293078250.gif
3MB, 647x527px
Bump.
>>
File: Screens.png (2MB, 934x718px) Image search: [Google]
Screens.png
2MB, 934x718px
Doing a little bit more work on my RPG maker gaem.
>>
>>29064084
Is it gonna have ponies at some point?
>>
>>29064084
where are da ponies at
>>
>>29064023
This.
>>
I make memes and meme videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8dRXxXw9o8

Give me more Anime OP's to poorly sync to EQG openings.
>>
>>29066413
>>
>>29064084
Looks nice but >>29064281 is a good question.
>>
File: 691d0af0_131612608354.gif (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
691d0af0_131612608354.gif
77KB, 500x500px
I've always thought this scene could use a nice edit if anyone is looking for ideas. Twilight tries to charge her spartan laser, but starlight just shoots her with a plasma pistol. Maybe throw in some mlg shit and it would be good to go.

https://youtu.be/jve2iIjyRrs?t=1m43s
>>
>>29058907
There aren't many recurrent motifs in the BGM, the one I remember the most is this used with the Wonderbolts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwpyzYxZxqs

You can find background music from the show here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Homestar14

I find this motif interesting to create a song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PemmNya5n4A
>>
>>29068450
Oh shit my sides, I forgot this "It's a trap" sentence.
>>
>>29066600
I kinda like it.
Also you got some impressive digits.
May I touch them?
>>
>>29068809
Much appreciated! That's everything from season three onwards which is a lot more than I expected.
It'll take a while to listen through...
>>
saved
>>
Are there any in depth pony rpgs at the moment? i know there used to be a lot but most of them seem to have died. id like to play some of them for inspiration.

Im working on a non pony rpg which would actually fit ponies very well. Its a big project and I dont want to make it completely pony, since i dont want to be hasbrowed, and i want to be able to sell it to a larger audience.

My idea is to continue with the non pony version, but make the necessary preparation for ponies (such as flight for pegisi, i currently have no flight mechanism, but will add it as a levitation effect that may or may not be actually implemented in the final game), then work in parallel on a pony 'mod' that inserts the pony. This will be a bit of double work but will effectively make a rpg built from the ground up for ponies.

Ill post some screenshots and videos here if I decide to make it pony related, but it wont be released for at least another year, maybe 2. which is another reason i dont want to go full pony, i dont even know if there will be any fandom left by then. And im not going to do the 'look at my 5% finished game that will never be completed everyone!' shit that every other pony game does on EGD.
>>
>>29072693
There's "Super Lesbian Horse RPG", which is finished I think.
"Ambient" looked like it might have some RPG elements, not sure, and I don't know how much of that is visible in their demo build.
And of course there's "Legends of Equestria", the MMORPG.

You could try looking around on here:
http://iwatchitfortheplot.romesilvanus.io/Pony/Games%20%28Fan-made%3B%20Digital%29/
There's a few RPGs but I've never heard of most of them so I don't know how good or complete they are.
>>
File: rara_cream-32-37875.jpg (53KB, 399x601px) Image search: [Google]
rara_cream-32-37875.jpg
53KB, 399x601px
>>
File: hoerse.gif (560KB, 739x801px) Image search: [Google]
hoerse.gif
560KB, 739x801px
Harmony rig i've been building after all the stuff i learned making R&M
>>
File: light test.png (140KB, 619x775px) Image search: [Google]
light test.png
140KB, 619x775px
>>29073416
With a quick light test. Not sure if i do like this kind of light for show style but we'll see.
>>
File: my wife and I.jpg (90KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
my wife and I.jpg
90KB, 800x800px
I made Bronycon. Worship me.
>>
>>29073420
>>29073416
Glad to see you there.
keep up the good work !
>>
File: eye shade.gif (250KB, 991x888px) Image search: [Google]
eye shade.gif
250KB, 991x888px
>>29073563
Thanks, the rig is built for NSFW but i might use them later to build stuff for youtube. I also someone make a rig in moho last thread, gonna check that out sometime soon to see if its comparible or better to toonboom.

Some eye stuff so i dont need to manually recolor every eye to get that shade effect between the two brows.
>>
File: unironically.jpg (22KB, 326x381px) Image search: [Google]
unironically.jpg
22KB, 326x381px
>>29073427
Thanks for all the drama, prpl
>>
Just wanted to say good thread OP before it dies.

I'll see you guys next month.
>>
File: 1464308373572.gif (1017KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1464308373572.gif
1017KB, 480x270px
>>29074513
I agree.
Maybe I can finally present something next month.
>>
>content creator thread
>nobody
>baitthread >>29069495
>animated stuff and discuss

what a nice board
till next month
>>
File: anonfilly.gif (1MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
anonfilly.gif
1MB, 853x480px
>>29053021
Kek, I feel kind of honored someone posted my chocolate milk base there
>>
File: pinkie roll.gif (598KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pinkie roll.gif
598KB, 1600x1200px
Made another thingy for my pmv thingy
>>
>>29073626
interesting
>>
File: eyte shade.gif (213KB, 903x732px) Image search: [Google]
eyte shade.gif
213KB, 903x732px
>>29078640
Ooops that was the wrong gif.
>>
>>29077532
noice
>>
>>29073416
>>29073420
>>29073626
Is each mouth and eye lid a different drawing, or are you using deformers in there? I see the chin is controlled with an envelope, I was thinking of trying to make only 1 mouth of each type (smile, sad, teeth, puckered) and using deformers to make them open and close, but havent gotten around to it yet.
>>
>>29079767
It's a mix. Some eye shapes are just drawings, but others have a deformer applied to them (like upper brow).

The chin had a deformer and is synced to the mouth (which is made up of individual parts as well), so that she can talk and have chin move with that but if i want to move the mouth/eyes up and around it wont move the chin.
>>
I hate slow passing zoom in/zoom out/slide in fan animations.
>>
saved
>>
>>29042182
>>29041307
Yuh! All my degenerate fetish porn anim's are done in krita. When I started I had to clone the animation branch and compile it myself, but now there's linux precompiles!
>>
God, there so much stuff i wanna do but lately i've just been in such a funk and can't muster up the motivation to do anything creative.
How do i fix this?
>>
>>29085363
w-which degenerate fetish porn animations?
>>
>>29085599
https://aryion.com/g4/gallery/snuggleproxy
Also availiable in your preferred flavor of dev-art or tumblr.
>>
>>29085592
I would like to know this secret as well. Lately I've been keeping a journal of what I spend my time on. I still feel I accomplish little, but I can better look back and try to figure out why I accomplished so little. it's usually because things are difficult, or I'm worried and depressed about my future, the future of humankind, and whether people like me or not.
>>
>>29017820
>facebook vs real life
>>
File: map.png (478KB, 3499x1968px) Image search: [Google]
map.png
478KB, 3499x1968px
>>29046402
I added the school and Carousel Boutique.
Do the shadows on round buildings (town hall and carousel boutique) look weird to you?
I think the shadows on rectangular building look good and help to imagine the shape of the buildings but I'm not so sure about round buildings.
>>
Is fame really that bad?
Why is it that I'm more motivated to work for people who are well known to the community than I am to some guy with less than 100 subs?
>>
>>29087078
because if they're well known they must be doing something right.
but that something might be trash and memes so you gotta watch out.
>>
>>29087267
>[...] might be [...] memes so you gotta watch out.
kek'd
>>
>>29087305
(You)r buying me a new pair of sides fag
>>
>>29087267
So horse fame is really something potentially good then? Then why are there alot of people complaining how horse fame is bad inherently? Bad by default? Can you do the fandom a favor and promote the idea that horse fame isn't all that bad?
>>
>>28977556
>PMV is 55 minutes
WEW FUCKING LAG
>>
I made a remix of rainbow factory (because I was bored I guess)
https://clyp.it/5ue0tlzj
I did it in about an hour or two so it's not anything to write home about.
>>
>>29087758
Not bad.
>>
>>29087758
Neat
>>
>>29087718
This is actually the cut version, my original idea was for it to be one hour and thirty minutes
>>
>>29091582
wow
>>
>>29092722
its a bumb
>>
File: CzTLpUTUQAAf28Y.jpg large.jpg (375KB, 1158x2048px) Image search: [Google]
CzTLpUTUQAAf28Y.jpg large.jpg
375KB, 1158x2048px
I've spent the last couple of months creating a Chrysalis-themed drinking horn to take to BABSCon 2017. Soon it'll go in for paint with a black emerald candy flake and then I'll get to work on storage and display options. It's hollow down to the first bend and holds a fifth in total.
>>
>>29086916
Try working from Aurek's map as a general guide
>>
>>29093195
>somebody will sit on it
>>
>>29093324
That's a big-ass apple farm and very buildings in town. Don't really mind, but I figured the population of Ponyville to be a bit bigger. Around 1,000, or 500 at least.
>>
>>29093925
*very few buildings

Apologies, I suck.
>>
>>29093925
Yeah, which is why I said to use it as a general guide according to your own personal preference. The only reason I recommend this one as a base is because the creator went through every episode attempting to match the locations according to the show.
>>
the only thing that's ever mattered:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2U-ZDMTwKU
>>
File: map.png (2MB, 2000x1858px) Image search: [Google]
map.png
2MB, 2000x1858px
>>29093324
I know of this map and I am using it for inspiration.
In fact I've been using a modified version of it in an earlier version (see pic).

That being said making the map 'realistic' is only a tertiary concern.
My first priorities are to make the map ergonomic (the player is supposed to click it to travel somewhere), and to have it look aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>29095456
Looks good senpai
>>
guys, how do i change tempo of a video clip in vegas 13? the original tempo is 130 bpm i want to speed up the video clip to 160 bpm how can i do it?
>>
>>29095456
that's cool
>>
>>29085717
>>
File: 1479649051279.jpg (226KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479649051279.jpg
226KB, 1280x960px
Why nobody did a villain song to Chrysalis yet?
I mean, take the background song of the finale as base and do it.
>>
>>29099424
no idea what you mean. You mean a remix of finale song?
>>
>>29100030
I mean create the song out of nowhere for Crys,
like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtmav0Gu5xE
or this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPjVCIX5Fvs
>>
>>29100051
there's a metal thing being produced in the MLP plays thing that's centered around that.
>>
bubba creator
>>
>>29093195
I've been following your progress on Twitter. I had no idea what it was for. Really looking forward to it man.
>>
File: YP-1R-06x25.jpg (179KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
YP-1R-06x25.jpg
179KB, 1920x1080px
>>29100180
well nice

btw the bg music I was talking it's from this scene.
>>
>>28977355
tfw no nyx content creators anymore
>>
>>28978286
i need more vsauce memes in my life
>>
boop
>>
File: why even bother.png (76KB, 431x404px) Image search: [Google]
why even bother.png
76KB, 431x404px
>>29077532
>tfw you leave your animating program open rather than saving and quitting and then forget about it and run your tablet's battery down thus deleting everything you just spent an hour on
>tfw the only thing you're passionate about isn't enough to make you keep going
>>
Bum
>>
31 more posts till we're done.
>>
This is a good thread. I love seeing the creative stuff anons are doing for the fandom. If another one of these is created I'd like to contribute some shit as well.
>>
>>29108105
This thread lasted 22 days so far. It's supposed to be a monthly thing. So assuming this thread dies in the next couple days, we may be getting a new one of Jan 1st.
>>
File: boop.gif (3MB, 320x255px) Image search: [Google]
boop.gif
3MB, 320x255px
>>
>>29109278
Blame the bumpers, it d ve lasted much less and have much higher production values, not just look like another general

And i d say make the 1 month delay from the day it falls, not when its made, else we ll keep having these neo-mulp bumpers who cant handle seeing their thread die as a cicle of life
>>
File: feels.gif (965KB, 498x266px) Image search: [Google]
feels.gif
965KB, 498x266px
>>29106362
>>
>>29110332
True. All true.

I agree. I say we let the thread die and make another one 30 days from it's death as you said..

Sound good OP?
>>
>>29110332
meh
>>
File: 1476157289571.jpg (33KB, 480x344px) Image search: [Google]
1476157289571.jpg
33KB, 480x344px
>>29111965
All right, expect new content creator thread around February or at the very end of (towards the end) of January. Depends when this thread will actually die.
>>
>>29096165
You don't really do that in Vegas. It's not an audio mixing program and really doesn't possess any of the tools to speed or slow audio without turning into total garbage.
>>
>>29096165
Well idk about Vegas but in AE and Premier Pro it's called Time-Remapping. Try searching for that.
>>
>>29113234
This.
>>
>10
>>
File: SharkWeek_Aganon.png (2MB, 2651x5732px) Image search: [Google]
SharkWeek_Aganon.png
2MB, 2651x5732px
>>28977355
http://pastebin.com/u/aganon

Stories, memes, I contribute where I can.

I managed to save Showtime in the bigtop fight in the Mazes And Medusas CYOA, and oddly, I'm more proud of that than most of my other contributions. Funny what sticks with you as major accomplishments go.
>>
>>29006261
Whats this project if you don't mind me asking.
Thread posts: 466
Thread images: 120

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.