[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is MLP Your Favorite Show on TV?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: Mane_6.png (543KB, 900x793px) Image search: [Google]
Mane_6.png
543KB, 900x793px
I like My Little Pony. You like My Little Pony. But is FiM really your favorite show of all time?

I wouldn't consider it to be my all time favorite, there are other shows I like more, but I'd consider FiM to be a standout from other shows to come from this decade of television.

How about you? Is FiM the end all, be all best show on TV and your big favorite? Or are you like me where there are other shows you like more? If so, list your other favorite series.

For me, it'd probably be SpongeBob. Specifically everything before the first movie, but some of the newer episodes lately have been pretty good.
>>
File: shiggy spike.png (71KB, 467x539px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy spike.png
71KB, 467x539px
>>28976469
How astoundingly underage are you to have spongebob as your favorite show of all time
>>
>>28976471
I'm 23. I'm a child at heart, man.
>>
Nigga that idea is retarded. Picking one media out of your entire life and putting it on a pedestal is impossible. I would rather roll a boulder up a hill covered in grease.

MLP is HIGH up there, but then again so is Megas XLR and darkwing duck. Might as well start a console vs PC argument. Or a best pony thread.
>>
>>28976477
I don't really hold my favorite show up to be the ultimate, as in nothing will ever be better than it in my eyes. If I did, I wouldn't ever watch anything else.
>>
>>28976471
Hey, the first few seasons was good.

on topic, I've watched way too many to pick just one, so I'll list top five

>Ed, Edd, and Eddy
>Courage
>Samurai Jack
>Dexter's lab
>Power Puffs
>>
>>28976483
>2000's Cartoon Network
My man
>>
File: 1218664.gif (3MB, 538x302px) Image search: [Google]
1218664.gif
3MB, 538x302px
>>28976469
Not even close. After season 5, I adored this show enough that it held a special place in my heart and I'd feel like going back to old episodes sometimes, but season 6 made this into such a miserable chore, that even though I'm sticking around and being hopeful for season 7, I don't think it will ever be in my top 3 favorite shows again.

If I had to name a favorite show off the top of my head right now, it would be King of the Hill.
>>
>>28976469
since i don't watch others tv shows, yeah mlp is my favorite
>>
File: 1478735430881.png (296KB, 308x722px) Image search: [Google]
1478735430881.png
296KB, 308x722px
top 5
>looney tunes
>inspector gadget
>count duckula
>g force
>ed, edd n eddy
>>
I would say that my favorite shows are MLP and Fargo, but both give me radically different things. MLP has its issues at times and quite a bit of the episodes are a chore to sit through but the characters and world of MLP are probably why I love it so much. And there's some damn good episodes too. Fargo is definitely the best show I've watched but I like both of them for different reasons.
>>
File: 1360295071242.png (150KB, 469x350px) Image search: [Google]
1360295071242.png
150KB, 469x350px
>>28976500
>g force
>>
>>28976469
For me it's pretty much the opposite of >>28976493. I hated season 6 and I have no hopes at all for season 7, but I still love the first 5 seasons more than any other show I've ever watched. "MLP:FiM, seasons 1-5" would definitely be my top 1 it someone asked me.

BTW, Futurama would be my #2, and I'd have to think for a while the next positions, I like many shows too much, but all of them are way under these two.
>>
>>28976493
Part of the reason I love SpongeBob so much is because of how much the show means to me personally. I literally grew up with it, I watched the premiere in the summer of 1999 when I was 6.
It was tough at first to see the show's decline after the first couple season after the SpongeBob Movie, but I still found comfort in the good episodes before, and I still do.
As for MLP, I personally am only halfway through season 3 so far, but I can't see it getting as bad as SpongeBob got. Anyway, it could be the same for you. If you don't find joy from the newer episodes, it doesn't make your joy for the older ones go away.
>>
I'm 31 now. I think its a great cartoon. The story, unlike most of the shows out there actually goes on over time and as we follow along more and more blank sections of our storybook get filled in with good stuff. Some of it sucks but if it wasn't for the good this place wouldn't be here to bitch about the bad. The best? Maybe in this time. It's cetainly lasted longer than most other shows that started around 2010.
>>
File: g force.jpg (55KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
g force.jpg
55KB, 620x350px
>>28976511
anon pls
>>
>>28976520
>If you don't find joy from the newer episodes, it doesn't make your joy for the older ones go away.
That makes sense and feels like it should be true, but I really, really didn't have an enjoyable time with this series through this year. I haven't tried going back and watching the show that I loved so much up to season 5, but maybe following that other anon's example and learning to separate it and only think about those first 5 seasons, I can enjoy it more again. It feels like it would be hard to just ignore a whole season and pretend the series ended before it did, but maybe.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.