[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FimFiction thread - Now with 75% lazier layabouts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 524
Thread images: 82

File: 1476349006602.png (315KB, 540x296px) Image search: [Google]
1476349006602.png
315KB, 540x296px
ITT: Christian Paedophilia in Equestria, power level debates, the great 'do ponies speak English or just make horse noises' debate rages on, The Lord of the Dongs gets featured despite no one admitting to reading it, nine continuous bumps is better than rehashing shitty debates, The summary didn't warn about the diapers, people apparently still care about getting on EQD , no one cares about old fanon which has been nullified by canon, interrobangs, non-sexualized nausea, recommending recommendations which have been recommended repeatedly, tech level debates, Bleedin threatens to an hero and everyone calls his bluff, we are reminded that Upheaval exists, Interesting ideas with terribly flawed executions, continuing to give attention to someone with 39 incomplete fics to their name, perspective debate, CYOAs, no means no, SS&E diasppears and no one notices for two weeks, ancient deadfics update, and we need trigger warnings for the name 'Anon'

Tired of fics with failing equestrian servers? Have no interest in TwiSetLight shipfics? Well, we've compiled the best of the worst in order to bring you our absolute average!

>FiMFiction Starter Kit (recommended fics):
Winners:
http://i.imgur.com/vuTA7EN.png
List of nominees by category:
http://mlp-fanfics.herokuapp.com/

>How do I write fanfiction?
Ezn’s guide - https://eznguide.neocities.org/
Politics and the English Language - https://www.orwell.ru/library/essays/politics/english/e_polit/
Vhatug's tips for anatomically correct clop - https://pastebin.com/g4VpEg4f
Setting a story in motion - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufO8LbwTdu0

>Can you pre-read my story?
Post it on Google Docs with inline comments enabled and give us a link. Someone might possibly take a look at it eventually.

>Reviews and riffs:
https://pastebin.com/u/notkickass222urmom

>Voiceguy's readings:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt68MpmvEketmqOdHncHI2w

Old thread: >>28862178
>>
First for crackficks crack me up
>>
First for /bump/
>>
bumb

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TqmwVphDWPQ06CSONz5bpBoVYbaePaKFL-TMaGnB0-4/edit
I would be grateful if someone proofread this fic of mine.
>>
>>28959716
On it, pal.
>>
unironically rereading xenophilia and enjoying it again.
>>
>>28959771
I liked it unironically when I first read it, but is it really re-readable?
>>
>>28959716
>filly anon
>rapequestria
its shit
>>
File: 1476672911824.gif (2MB, 310x272px) Image search: [Google]
1476672911824.gif
2MB, 310x272px
>>28959659
>The summary didn't warn about the diapers

So it's a trollfic, tight?

There can't be anyone who is so far gone they think it's genuinely ok to slide that in there without a heads up, right?
>>
>>28959780
>its shit
life is shit
>>
>>28959776

Well, I have to refresh my memory about xenoverse canon to write my own fic in the 'verse, right?
>>
>>28959808
My fetishes are your fetishes
>>
>>28959808
>So it's a trollfic, tight?
might as well be since it uses all the purple tags
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/309531/a-she-devil-in-plain-sight

to be fair it does say it contains abdl. unfortunately the only ones who know what that means are either into it or do a lot of preemptive googling, so I could see a lot of people foolishly reading that without knowing what they were getting into
>>
File: luna.png (457KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
luna.png
457KB, 800x700px
>>28959747
thanks
>>
>>28959959
The story descends far too quickly into "let's kick the protagonist from one rape scenario to the other!" and, while I presume that's the point of the story, I still feel happens too fast for me to get properly immersed in it.

I mean, it's only day one and he's already had two ponies try to rape himm and I'm only halfway through the story.

Your writing is ok on a technical level, but I recommend working on your pacing.
>>
>>28960024
I really didn't want to put the bed scene with Twilight at first. But it was escalating and I felt I would break the promise to a reader if I didn't put it in.
>>
just found another one. No apparent meltdown on this one, just wipe everything and walk away
>>
>>28960147
I don't get it. Unless your fimfic username is linked to your real name, why the fuck would you want to clean up anything?
>>
>>28960155
doesnt make any sense to me either.

I almost get the whole 'receive actual criticism, sperg out, overreact and delete all of the things' that seems to be the norm of people who just cant walk away. But wiping everything for no apparent reason seems pretty senseless
>>
I wonder who would win a fight between knighty and seth.
>>
>>28961302
>I wonder who would win a fight between knighty and seth.
the fandom
>>
>>28959853
I mean, if you're into fetish stuff, you should at least have a cursory knowledge of all the common fics that are found on fimfiction so you know what to avoid. I think ABDL shows up enough on fimfiction that anyone who's into fetish stuff should recognize the term.
>>
>>28960147
I recall the name, but not any of his stories. Anything that we might miss?
>>
>>28961442
It's all on the fimfic archive anyways

https://fimfetch.net/?q=&r%5B%5D=0&r%5B%5D=1&r%5B%5D=3&r%5B%5D=6&r%5B%5D=2&r%5B%5D=4&r%5B%5D=5&rm=&d%5B%5D=fim&mt=n&m=0&lt=m&l=&wt=m&w=&it=m&a=%22standard+deviation%22&tt=a&ct=a&o=s&ot=
>>
Any good Spike centered Fics?
>>
>>28961596
>Human
>Human
>Anthro
>Human
>Anthro
>Anthro
Thank goodness, for a moment I thought something of worth was lost.
>>
>>28961610
It takes a village was pretty fine
>>
>>28961326
only if it were a battle to the death
>>
Any new hypno stories?
>>
So MLP Time Loops just dropped another 100k update. I really wish Saphroneth would actually edit the stories before posting them. There's some legitimately entertaining stories, but there are also a bunch of crappy, grammatically-wrong, and contradictory stories in the mess as well.
>>
>>28962468
I wonder if it would be allowed to make a compilation of just the good chapters and publish that separately..
Probably that violates some sort of international copyright law or something
>>
>>28962629
You really think someone's going to sue you for infringing their copyright on pony fanfiction?
>>
>>28962651
No but I guess nazi mods might decide to swing that hammer generously if you just publish someone else's story under your own name
>>
I ironically want to read a fanfic with a tongue in cheek sex scene. As in butt cheek.
>>
>>28962677
There was a fic on the Featured Box with Anilingus not too long ago.
>>
>>28960155
>>28960384
Faggot who wiped it and walked away here

at least for me, I deleted it all so to ease myself of the fact that I engaged in some really autistic fanfiction writing for a very sperg-tier fandom

Now that I want to come back I regret doing it because I cant remember my log-in info and the email its set for is gone
>>
File: 1479272822559.png (528KB, 710x722px) Image search: [Google]
1479272822559.png
528KB, 710x722px
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/354823/the-queens-trance
>ChrysalisXShining Armor with anal, coitus, domination and mindbreak
Oh man its the good stuff tonight
>>
>>28960384
It's cathartic; gives a sense of closure.

Because let's face it. Being an active writer (or reader) of My Little Pony fanfiction is a pretty shameful thing. Anyone sensible would avoid it like the plague, and anyone half-sensible would at least treat it like a guilty pleasure.

t. quarter-sensible person who deleted everything except trollfics and sticks around to troll and meme
>>
>>28962629
>make a compilation of just the good chapters and publish that separately.
and what are the good chapters?

>>28962967
>to ease myself of the fact that I engaged in some really autistic fanfiction writing for a very sperg-tier fandom
you cant hide from your past. you may be able to hide your autism from others, but you will always know its there. so theres no point in hiding it

your browser didnt autosave your login?
>>
File: Impressive.png (245KB, 766x578px) Image search: [Google]
Impressive.png
245KB, 766x578px
To get such a ratio in this day and age is truly an amazing feat.
>>
>>28962967
>>28963052
So, did either of you post your fics under an account that's traceable to your real name? And if not, then what the hell are you worried about?
>>
>>28963728
>https://www.fimfiction.net/story/355056/the-brightest-spark
>MLP/Destiny crossover
>by the author of Stardust
Not sure if it's worth getting my hopes up. Stardust was god tier but Mente is trash.
>>
>>28963777
Whoops, didn't mean to reply
>>
>>28963728
I didn't.

I wasn't worried about a thing when I deleted my shit. I did it because I wanted to. Everyone on Fimfiction has that right.
>>
>>28963728
Not either of them, but I'd just chalk it up to human beings sometimes acting irrational and stupid.
>>
>>28963728
No, but it helps ease your internal anguish over the knowledge theres an account for a Canadian pet show memoir website that belongs to you
>>
Whoops, didn't mean to post
>>
File: Chicke'em.png (119KB, 321x360px) Image search: [Google]
Chicke'em.png
119KB, 321x360px
>>28964788
Did you mean to get those dubs?
>>
>>28964805
I hadn't even meant to bump. Quite honestly those tasty dubs were mere happenstance despite how supremely fortuitous they may be
>>
Does anyone happen to know if tables can be imported into Fimfic from gdocs or if the [table] tag works? I want to use tables to align some of the text for the logs (more specifically, left and right align text on the same line), but I don't want to write the whole thing and then the formatting get all fucked up right at the end.

>>28959000
How do you think it should work? Simply cutting off the "for" would probably be the most realistic, but it doesn't exactly have that much eye catching flair to it.

>>28959716
>it's a second person story
thiskillstheproofreader.psd

Left some comments. Things felt really off. Twilight especially acted wooden and out of character. Then I got to the pedophilia and I realized why everything felt so out of sync.

Foalcon or not, I do think Twilight's characterization needs work. People want to masturbate to Twilight having sex with a filly anon, not some stiff sexual predator wearing Twilight's skin.

Now, how on Earth you'd go about having Twilight act like herself while still attempting to molest a foal, I have no idea. I suppose that's the challenge.

>>28960147
Just got flashbacks of MorpheousDreamer RIP Rafiki's Tales.

>>28962677
I still want to write that fetish parody oneshot that's just a 3,000 word description of Fluttershy staring at Rainbow Dash's lush innie belly button.

It would have fetish tags like "Contains copious amounts of belly button worship, minor belly button lint touching, and navel gazing."

>tfw nobody realizes it's a parody and it becomes the number one alvinophilia story on Fimfiction

>>28963052
>is a pretty shameful thing
Who gives a shit? Unless you post you're stories on Facebook, no one who is of any meaning to you is going to care what you post on a horseword site. Not you're family. Not you're employer. Not you're friends.
>>
>>28965495
>tfw nobody realizes it's a parody and it becomes the number one alvinophilia story on Fimfiction
it'd be just another sexless, e rated, obscure fetish fic from you. so youre right. no one would guess its a parody, theyd just assume that this is some other goofy shit you beat off to
>>
Just went past the reveal in The Games We Play. Kinda hoped it wouldn't be who it was in the end, bit of a letdown to be honest. Also my inner shitposter is ruining the experience with baneposting everytime they talk about the mask.
>>
>>28965961
>Just went past the reveal in The Games We Play.
Aye, I remember those times. Funnily enough, I also was against Mare-Do-Well being who it was, even though inhindsight all the signs were there.

I guess I just didn't want Dash to end up with her, and tried to convince myself that wasn't the case.

I still enjoyed the story, though.
>>
>>28963777
Doesn't Mente Materia exist basically just because every retard ever demanded it, even though Stardust ended just fine, and the ambiguous ending didn't really need a follow up?
>>
File: mmdw.jpg (339KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
mmdw.jpg
339KB, 1600x1600px
>>28966029
There have been a lot of red herrings throughout the story to throw you off the right track. I hoped Mare-Do-Well would be one of the unicorns, if only for the dynamic between Dash, Pinkie and Twilight/Rarity after the reveal. When Twilight was undeniably not MDW was when I started having doubts, though I still hoped for Rarity over Pinkie, considering the VIP pass, flowers, costume and so on. Once she was 100% out it got obvious once you thought about it. Pinkie's PoV explains it well and there aren't any plotholes as far as I know, but I wish it could've been someone else.
The story is definitely a great read, one of those where I actually dropped everything else just so I could read one more chapter.
>>
>>28966365
Just finished the story completely. Not happy with the resolution. Still a good fic, though.
>>
Can people come to these threads to advertise their own stories? I've seen a couple people do that in previous threads and they got bashed to oblivion.
>>
>>28967051
You're welcome to advertise your own stories. Just know that we will critique your story hard if you do, if if we think it's crap, we'll let you know. If you write a decent story though, we're fine with that.

I've posted one of my stories a couple times here and received some good feedback.
>>
>>28967080

I only ask because I advertised my story in some of these threads months ago. It was decently written, couldn't be considered bad. All I got were people telling me I shouldn't write ever again.

Put me off, but I decided to ask just in case.
>>
>>28967098
>It was decently written, couldn't be considered bad.
We could bring literary masterpiece and point out dozens of mistakes and question its internal logic. Don't ever think that you're infallible, accept that just like everybody you're not perfect and strive to improve.

We may come off as a bit asshole~ish from time to time, but deep down we mean well. We just want to read good stories.
>>
>>28967098
Well, if you just dump your story here, we're gonna assume you want critique. I don't see a lot of posts telling people to never write again, as we prefer to provide advice on how to improve (we tried to help Decanus, Bleedin, and a few other writers but they refused to listen to our advice). If you just want views, then I'm sorry, but you're probably better off looking elsewhere.

Also, saying your own work is decently written is an extremely biased opinion. Most people who are willing to post on fimfiction think they're good writers. How are you different from the guy who wrote Living the Dream or WaiWai?
>>
File: BuryPonyGirl.png (105KB, 432x458px) Image search: [Google]
BuryPonyGirl.png
105KB, 432x458px
This is nice page 10 thread.
>>
>>28967954
That picture messes with things in my memory.
And I don't want to remember.
>>
>>28959808
Any element of it has been removed from the main story, and it remains only in the clofic chapter, which is both optional and well-warned about in the author's note.
>>
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/252972/button-mashs-gamble
>>
>>28968174
>Fetish Warning: Cockvore, Blood, Castration
I won't lie, my penis gave a little twitch.
>>
>>28967148
>All the anons was giving bad advice.
Hmm...
>>
File: writings.png (10KB, 504x264px) Image search: [Google]
writings.png
10KB, 504x264px
>>28967098
> It was decently written,

That's why you're writing a shit
>>
>>28963982
Just don't think about it and eventually you'll forget it even exists
>>
>>28968222
those trips made my cock twitch, anon
>>
Hey /fimfic/, how do you feel about guns in Equestria? Do they make sense? How would they work? Or should they not exist at all?
>>
File: 1443469520735.png (172KB, 785x500px) Image search: [Google]
1443469520735.png
172KB, 785x500px
>>28969317
I feel that there are better ways to bump the thread.
>>
>>28969362

If I had the least bit of animating skill, I would make a short cartoon of that comic, where Lyra-plush turns to face directly toward the camera as it zooms in on her, shrugs her shoulders, and says "Eh, it's a living," Flintstones-style.
>>
>>28967098
In all likelihood, people here won't even read your story to critique it. That won't prevent them from telling you it's garbage, though, so keep that in mind.

In the rare event that they do offer you some helpful advice, be prepared to prostrate yourself to them and do every little thing they tell you to, or you'll piss them off and get accused of not taking criticism.
>>
Is reading books a good way to improve writing? If so what books should I read? I'm reading Ulysses right now because everyone sucks it off yet I feel as though it is way above my level and isn't a traditional style of writing.
>>
>>28969887
>Is reading books a good way to improve writing?
It's one of the primary ways.

>If so what books should I read?
Whatever's in your genre. It doesn't hurt to read outside your genre, either.

>because everyone sucks it off
Get out of /lit/. You'll be happier that way.

>traditional style of writing
All authors have their own unique style. Published authors are more varied in style than fanfic writers because the former has the experience and talent to cultivate unique styles, whereas the latter is usually struggling with even the basics and is dealing with an audience that doesn't like originality or change anyway.
>>
>>28969887
I think reading is a great way to improve your writing. Looking to see what others have done right or wrong is an effective way of learning the tricks of the trade, as it were.

As for what to read, it depends on what you want to write. Reading "literature" is probably a good thing to do to improve your general understanding of English Literature and Tradition, but you should primarily be reading stuff from your native genre (reading a wide range genres is also good for keeping yourself well-rounded). Also, reading fanfiction isn't a terrible idea if you plan on writing fanfiction, since you'll be able to see where people screw up or what ideas/techniques you want to use.

What genres are you interested in writing in?
>>
>>28969887
>>28969930
Another note: while reading what people consider to be the great works of literature is a good idea for broadening your horizons, becoming more cultured, and getting a sense of how the great writers of history wrote, you also need to understand why these stories are considered great. Don't just read Ulysses because /lit/ told you so, do it because you want to learn about how to effectively pull off stream-of-consciousness writing. If you want to read the classics to learn how to write, I'd seriously consider also looking up some study guides to help you figure out what makes these classics good; that way you know what to look for when trying to learn from them.
>>
>>28969917
>get out of /lit/
Never even been on /lit/. I guess it just leaks onto other boards.
>>28969930
>>28969944
I don't know what I want to write, because I'm not confident at all in my writing ability and I'm not sure if my ideas are "good".

>I'd seriously consider also looking up some study guides
That's what I'm doing as I'm reading, because I was a little confused as to what was going on at first.

>you also need to understand why these stories are considered great
What I'm asking is what books do you guys consider as great writing all around so I can get a grasp on what good writing and storytelling is. Either a fiction book or a guide is good, all I want is something that'll teach me how to write better.
>>
>>28969985
Stop being so insecure. If you want to write something, then write it. The only real way to get better is to keep doing it.

On the other hand, don't get smug or haughty. Slush piles and vanity publishing firms everywhere are full of writers who will never get traditionally published because their egos keep them from taking constructive feedback to heart.
>>
>>28969985
>What I'm asking is what books do you guys consider as great writing all around
We could debate about this for days on end without reaching a consensus.

It is my opinion that it's much more rewarding and constructive to analyse any book you read in a way to be able to see what is good and what's bad about it.

Developing critical thinking is more important for good story crafting than simply trying to emulate what some consider to be good.
>>
>>28970010
>>28970002
Alright, thanks anons. I'm going to try and write a basic story idea I have while continuing to read.
>>
>>28970010
This. Find your favorite books, then deconstruct the hell out of them. Why are they your favorite books? What do you like about them? What do you not like about them? What aspects do you think they excelled at? What aspects didn't work so well? Is the writing technically good? Does the author use metaphors, similes, and other writing techniques effectively? Are there any clever turns of phrase or other clever writing tricks that they use? How good are they at writing description, action, and dialogue, and why are they good or bad at it?

You can probably find a ton more of these kinds of questions on any sort of English Lit curriculum.
>>
>>28966042
this.

SD was one of the only fics that had a proper ending. Something we should have been ecstatic about.
>>
>>28970026
A few more questions:

Is the plot well-paced out? Are there subplots, and how are they woven into the main story? Is the story told in 3 acts? 5? Does it not follow a standard story structure at all? How about the characters? Which ones do you like? Why? Which do you dislike? Why? What purpose does each character play in the story? Are the characters well fleshed-out, with distinct and nuanced personalities, goals, dreams, and weaknesses? How realistic are the interactions between characters, and do the characters drive the plot, or does the plot drive the character?

I could probably keep going, but this should keep you occupied for at least a while, and if you want to discuss the answers to any of these questions and how to use them to improve your writing, we're always happy to help.

If you have a favorite fanfic or two, you can try writing a review of it here like some anons do, and we can discuss it. Writing a review is a great way to think critically about a story.
>>
>>28970054
Also, you can also do the same and deconstruct stories you didn't like. Knowing what not to do is sometimes just as important as knowing what to do.

Really, just deconstruct everything you read. It'll make you a much better writer, and help you develop critical thinking skills that will be useful in all aspects of you life, in case you decide to stop screwing around with horsewords and actually try to become a productive member of society.
>>
File: 1433531560984.png (104KB, 625x420px) Image search: [Google]
1433531560984.png
104KB, 625x420px
>>28970073
>>28970054
>>28970026
This is actually really helpful, thanks

>in case you decide to stop screwing around with horsewords and actually try to become a productive member of society
>he says in a fanfiction thread on a My Little Pony board on a Mongolian throat singing site
>>
Okay, guys. This is (deliberately) the worst thing I have ever written. Overwrought prose, horrific metaphors, typos galore, literal asspulls, and OOC characters.

I challenge you to point out all the good things about it.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/343813/1/the-warmth-of-a-dragons-touch
>>
>>28970104
>linking to a chapter
you dont get a downvote for that.
you get a downvote on every fic on your banned account

also
>deliberately
just because its intentionally shit doesnt mean its okay
>>
>>28970113
All those fics were written for the express purpose of getting downvoted.

But I did forget that linking to chapters was a no-no here on /fimfic/. Even I have standards, so here's the good link:
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/343813/the-warmth-of-a-dragons-touch
>>
>>28970113
>>linking to a chapter
Ooh, sneaky. I almost fell for it. That little 1/ is hard to spot when the chapter name isn't there.
>>
>>28970104
>open it
>I already have it downvoted
>close it

Yeah I don't think I read it the first time either but fuck you anyways man.
>>
>>28970131
>All those fics were written for the express purpose of getting downvoted.
so youre a success at sucking
huzzah?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nfil2cv0Ok1qhywlr.jpg (52KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nfil2cv0Ok1qhywlr.jpg
52KB, 499x499px
>>28970149
Huzzah, indeed, my friend.
>>
File: 1443081481779.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1443081481779.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>tfw November is about to end
>tfw there's only one month left in this year
>tfw you probably won't reach your writing goals for the year
>again
It hurrts so much...
>>
I can confirm after running a test that you cannot import tables from gdocs or use the [table] bbcode on Fimfiction.

>>28969317
Guns in equestria only works if proper context, explanation, and design is given for them. Seldom do authors put any care into any of that, which leads to mouthguns, pistol grips with trigger guards, and fully automatic machine guns.

Honestly, the only way to really nail it is for the whole story to be about the guy who invented the Equestrian firearm. We already know cannons are a thing, so it'd be about him trying to downsize a cannon.

Was this bait?

>>28969887
Reading's a great way to improve writing.

>what books should I read?
What genres interest you? There's no point reading "the best novel in the world" if it has a plot or is a genre you hate, because you won't enjoy it.

Go to Amazon, pick a genre you like, sort by highest rating, check the synopsis and reviews, if it piques your interest jot down the ISBN, then go to your library and look it up. If they don't have it, they can arrange a loan from another library (even from the Library of Congress if no one else has it).

>>28969985
>confident at all in my writing ability and I'm not sure if my ideas are "good"
The only way to really know is to actually write. You can read every style manual out there and all of /lit/'s top novels, but it won't helpy our writing if you never open the word processor.

It's also important to find out if you really enjoy creative writing. It'd be ridicous to spend a hundred hours reading and figuring out genres, only to discover that you don't really enjoy writing.

>>28970104
I'd really like to know what happened. You went from wanting help on your cover art, to getting critiqued over the Lightning Dust power armor sequel, then you just imploded and started writing trollfics.
>>
Of Age
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/35830/of-age
83k words [T] [adventure] [romance]

Rarity gets sent on a diplomatic mission to settle a dispute between the dragons and sea serpents, while trying to determine whether or not she would be a pedophile for liking Spike.

On the face of it, it almost comes off as a little cracky but its played straight. Rara decides that she kinda does like spike in a non platonic sort of way and sends Celestia a letter asking about dragon growth and aging. Instead of answering the question like a reasonable being, Celestia instead ships her off to mediate a dispute between dragons and sea serpents. Stephen Magnet plays a more central role than should ever be allowed. From there everything goes to hell because of stolen dragon eggs, prophesy and gargoyles and great battles take place before Rarity learns whether or not its ok to lust after her friends brother/son/slaves magma filled doublecocks

Some ideas are sort of questionable, like Celestia sending Rarity off to a potential warzone alone and unguarded, or you know sending rara at all instead of an actual diplomat. But it was written by the same guy that did How to woo your Lady, so despite some goofiness it was still a fairly fun read
>>
>>28971220
Wouldn't saying doublecocks, as in the plural form, imply that Spike has several pairs of cocks?
Just how many dicks does Spike have?
>>
>>28971257
>Just how many dicks does Spike have?
As many as youd like him to have
>>
>>28971220
I remember this fic. As weird and off-the-wall as it was, I can confirm it is indeed an enjoyable read.
>>
>>28970965
>I'd really like to know what happened. You went from wanting help on your cover art, to getting critiqued over the Lightning Dust power armor sequel, then you just imploded and started writing trollfics

We're all just one bad day away from being Peter Chimaera.
>>
>>28971220
also damn thats a crazy ratio
>>
Ah, fuck having dignity and self respect anyway.
>>
>>28970965
>I'd really like to know what happened
I stopped caring. I could go into more detail, but that's really all there is to it. Just way, way too much baggage involved in the whole horsefic thing.

As a side note, I knew full well that the power armor sequel was shit, even as I was writing it and arguing about it on /fimfic/. I was trying way too hard to appeal to the lowest common denominator. A lot of the things /fimfic/ (and I as well) didn't like about it stemmed from that.

As a side-side note, I was honestly surprised when people latched onto the power armor thing to the point where it would be forever known as "that power armor fic". It wasn't even central to the premise. Just one of those things, I guess.
>>
pfft
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSCbNvomVdg&feature=youtu.be

Yeah whatever
>>
>>28972659
Ooooooooooooh

Must listen, but im in public in uni.

Damnit.
>>
>>28973066
Headphones are a thing, Anon.
>>
>>28972105
I mean, considering where you are, I think the ship for dignity and self-respect already sailed away long ago.

So, anything good in there?
>>
>Voicefag is doing let's plays again
>>
I actually saw someone reading FimFiction in the wild today. Was sitting next to someone who was browsing on his phone.
Only got a glimpse, but I know the site layout.

Almost wanted to say something, but I didn't want to risk creeping him out.
>>
>>28970104
>come back to fimfic after being gone for a month or two
>legionfag is still here
>>
File: Holocaust is bad.png (60KB, 906x584px) Image search: [Google]
Holocaust is bad.png
60KB, 906x584px
>>28970965
Don't forget the holocaust denial and dead sister episode.
>>
>>28974017
He's trying so hard to be edgy it's not even fun.
>>
So, I finally hit my NaNoWriMo goal (30k words in 30 days). I think I'm going to sleep for a week now. And when I wake up, I need to write the remaining 2/3rds of the story, because I'm apparently incapable of writing short stories.
>>
>>28973249

good? no.

things i like? a few.
>>
>>28974017
That was a somewhat successful troll thread I posted on the American Bronies forum, that I copy/pasted on my blog. Just wanted to see what would happen.

And holocaust denial? Really? Is your reading comprehension in the 4th grade or something? Still makes you more literate than 3/4 of Fimfiction.
>>
File: 1456121061147.gif (2MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1456121061147.gif
2MB, 325x244px
>>28974017
>#shipping #hie #starlight glimmer is best pony
>>
>>28975954
I'll reply one last time for the sake of the past power armor debates.

>hol·o·caust
ˈhäləˌkôst,ˈhōləˌkôst/Submit
noun
destruction or slaughter on a mass scale, especially caused by fire or nuclear war.
"a nuclear holocaust"
synonyms: cataclysm, disaster, catastrophe

>destruction or slaughter
>they were going to die anyways
>So no. The Holocaust was not a bad thing.

You are denying the holocaust, by saying it wasn't a bad thing, which is implied in the word holocaust.
>>
>>28976181
There is a difference between "a holocaust" and "the Holocaust", but I don't feel like arguing over semantics. I never got into a power armor argument without a fair bit of alcohol in my system anyway.
>>
>still no Santa hat blog post
RIP TheDescendant (2011-2016)

>I've completely lost my muse and haven't written anything in over a year. I'm attempting to stay active in the fandom and on this site by turning myself into something of the "Wal-Mart Greeter" of the site, but even that is getting tedious.
At least it appears he didn't kill himself from depression.

>>28972646
I guess it's a difference of opinion, but I really don't see how there can be baggage with horsewords. It's fucking multicolored ponies, not some kind of Grave of the Fireflies-tier personal allegory--or at least, it shouldn't be.

I don't really think either the cover art or power armor fics really appealed to the LCD. They were both edgy dark gore stories. A lot of people dislike darkfics. LCD would be comedy or SoL--easy, non-offensive oneshots that most who read will upvote, not because they were great or memorable, but because they entertained for five minutes and didn't piss you off.

As an example, of the top ten fics sorted by rating on Fimfic, seven have the comedy tag, nine are oneshots, and only one has the dark tag--and it's a dark comedy fic, specifically the Discord can't dodge the Elements and gets rekt no matter what he tries one.

>wasn't even central to the premise
I thought the whole premise was "Lightning Dust has advanced power armor given by the super evil nazi alicorn empire and Equestria has to figure out how to stop her?"

It didn't help that the entirety of what you had written was Lightning Dust in power armor.

>>28976181
>power armor debates
Daily reminder the nazi alicorn empire would not be able to possess such a massive technological advantage over the global superpower of Equestria.
>>
How do I resist the urge to write unnecessarily long stories that I'll never finish? I'm just completely unable to write short stories.

Also how much is Glimglam despised on FiMFiction? I might publish a story where she's a side character with a minor role.
>>
>>28976873
>I thought the whole premise was "Lightning Dust has advanced power armor given by the super evil nazi alicorn empire and Equestria has to figure out how to stop her?"
Forgive the tl;dr, but I'm bored and up in the late hours.

I can see how you would get that impression looking at those retarded arguments, but that wasn't it. The argument centered around power armor because that's what people insisted on arguing about, and since I only argued in the first place because I wanted to kill time, I never bothered trying to get the argument on track.

It really could have been any other form of advanced magitech without impacting the story too much. I chose power armor because I thought that would appeal to adolescent boys who play too much Fallout and Halo, i.e. the LCD (as I understood it).

The actual core of the story was Saddle Arabia's abundant sources of iron ore, a resource that the "nazi alicorn empire" severely lacked, and needed to procure to continue its Soviet-style industrialization and modernization programs as it ran out of the money to pay for it. But this (among many other things) hardly, if ever, got mentioned because people wanted to sperg about power armor of all fucking things.

As for baggage, it's mostly to do with established canon and the fandom's relationship with it. Because you don't just have to be extra, extra careful about adhering to an aloof and sometimes self-contradicting canon. You have to be careful not to violate too many headcanons, especially popular ones. You have to make sure you don't include any ships that people hate. You can't include OC's with certain traits or attributes that have historically been associated with Mary Sues. And, of course, there's the thematic clash between marshmallow horses and gritty grimdark just to make things a bit more difficult, the fandom's oversaturation with grimdark, and the general disagreeableness of the readerbase. It's more than I'm willing to put up with at this point.
>>
>>28976944
>As for baggage
This whole paragraph is gold

>be extra, extra careful about adhering to an aloof and sometimes self-contradicting canon
>be careful not to violate too many headcanons, especially popular ones.
It's perfectly fine to throw out minor parts of canon, especially ones that are nonsensical or inconsistent (example: Twilight's hair bursting into flames when she gets mad). You can throw out the major parts too, if you're doing an AU. As for headcanons, if you're talking about "common interpretations of canon", you may need to write around them so the reader doesn't assume the wrong thing. For "popular but unsupported fan theories" (example: Bon-Bon being a changeling), trample all over them, nobody cares. A few people might get butthurt, but you should ignore them.

>make sure you don't include any ships that people hate
There are very few ships that are universally hated. Twilight/Flash Sentry is the only one that comes to mind. Again, a few readers might get butthurt due to being overly attached to their favorite ship, but you should ignore them.

>can't include OC's with certain traits or attributes
Somewhat true, but you should avoid most of those traits anyway because they make the story worse. Black and red are bad colors for a pony. Overly tragic backstories are often boring to read about. Same goes for being the super-powered chosen one foretold by prophecy. And so on.

>thematic clash between marshmallow horses and gritty grimdark
This is accurate. Canon is the absolute opposite of grimdark, so connecting a grimdark setting to canon is very difficult to do well.

>fandom's oversaturation with grimdark
I can't really speak to this since I don't usually read grimdark. But my impression is that there's not that much of it, and certainly not much that's any good.

>general disagreeableness of the readerbase
Fimfiction is a total hugbox though. Don't confuse this thread with the whole of the community.
>>
>>28977647
>Fimfiction is a total hugbox though. Don't confuse this thread with the whole of the community

>Doesn't know about any of the flamewars.

FiMFic an hugbox my ass, it's more likely that they will ignore you than wasting time to comment.
>>
File: 124124.png (383KB, 1887x975px) Image search: [Google]
124124.png
383KB, 1887x975px
>>28959659
Why does this Rainbow bitch keep appearing on the screen?
>>
>>28978110
knighty doesnt advertise half of the shit that fimfiction does. Little known feature is that the system keeps track of everything you read.

If rainbow pride pops up like that it means youve read enough gay romance stories to pop the lgbtq flag.

there are others that ive heard of too. if you downvote 1000 stories you get a cranky doodle pop up
>>
>>28978215
wot, all I read are Anon in Equestria fics
>>
>>28973107
I'm afraid of breaking them if I carry them in my backpack lol.
>>
>>28978235
AiE is the gayest thing of all, anon
>>
>>28978238
earbuds are practically disposable at this point. unless youre some kind of hipster faggot that wont sully his greasy head with anything less than apple approved iBeats by dre, not wanting to damage them is no excuse
>>
>>28978235
>>28978240
This.
>>
>>28978257
>>28978240
I bet you shits didn't even read the good ones like Exchange.
>>
>>28978264
exchange was the only good one. and having one good one doesnt mean that the other 47000 of them arent shit
>>
File: 1460355854297.jpg (36KB, 486x698px) Image search: [Google]
1460355854297.jpg
36KB, 486x698px
>>28978110
>>28978215
wow people believe this shit?
it shows up becuase you have rainbow set to on. you can turn her off if you are a cuck who hates lesbians in the settings.
>>
>>28978681
Hey look whos no fun at all
>>
ustaj rode writefags
>>
File: Happy Horse Noises.gif (383KB, 470x471px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Horse Noises.gif
383KB, 470x471px
>tfw finally finished uni
Now I'll have to fins a new reason to procrastinate my writing.
>>
>>28978264
Exchange has its flaws. It's just far better than most other AiE fug a pony stories, of which it is one of.
>>
It's the last month of the year, Anonymous.
Will you write something before the year is over?
>>
>>28981570
>Never written anything before
>I have a list of more than 250 ideas for stories I've been writing down since 2011
>It has been 5 long years of unproductive loafing
I'll write something when I run out of things to read that are better than anything I could write. never
>>
I think I read through all good octascratch storys

God help me

Syncopation was awesome by the way, anyone who hasnt read it definitely should
>>
>>28981676
>I'll write something when I run out of things to read that are better than anything I could write.
It's funny, that's the main reason I write.
Whenever I don't find a story that covers a specific type of plot I wnat to read, I write one.
>>
>>28981836
I assume you've read all of these then?

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/24/the-vinyl-scratch-tapes
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/112723/watch-and-learn
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/95013/the-royal-ponyville-orchestra
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/2365/allegrezza
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/13477/vinyl-and-octavia-university-days

And yeah, Syncopation was pretty good. Too bad its sequel is dead.
>>
>>28981992
Same. I write because I have an idea that I want to see executed, and no one else had written it yet. Honestly, I'd actually prefer if someone better than me wrote my stories, since I just want to see them brought to life; I don't care who does it.
>>
File: 41.png (28KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
41.png
28KB, 300x100px
>>28982001
>Honestly, I'd actually prefer if someone better than me wrote my stories, since I just want to see them brought to life; I don't care who does it.
I like you, Anon.
>>
[Pt. 1]

>>28976873
>Saddle Arabia
>iron ore
You were going to make the story about trying to acquire the 4th most abundant resource on Earth* rather than the much rarer and more valuable oil (or even some magical crystal shit)?

And the country that had the most iron ore is the one that would be the most difficult and expense to extract from (iron mines are open pit and require vast infrastructure for transportation. Not exactly the first two things I think of when I picture a vast sand desert)?

>established canon
9 times out of 10, people will bitch about canon because the plot's doing something stupid that canon has already addressed. If the show has addressed an issue that is then brought up in a fic, it will be pointed out.

Otherwise, readers are extremely generous--especially with grandfathering in stories that were started before canon declared something.

Characterization, which is closely related to canon, is usually complained about for the same reason--characters acting stupidly to advance the plot in some way when there's an established reference that shows they shouldn't.

>headcanons
No one gives a fuck. Readers may have preferences but the worst you get is "eh, I'm not a fan of that headcanon." In fact, I'd argue that fics that break rank from standard headcanons are more likely to succeed. Mendacity broke away from the "bug" and "hivemind" changeling headcanons that were developing to spin it's own angle, Progress did away with Angsty/Fluttershy!Luna and went a comedic route, Cupcakes threw a curveball at the Pinkie/Dash SoL shipping angle.

>any ships that people hate
Shipping can be a very passionate thing, but I don't see why this is a huge issue. Most "normal" ships are well enough accepted. It's only when you start getting cracky that real hatred seeps in. Plus, romance fics should really be the only ones affected by shipping.
>>
[Pt. 2]

>thematic clash
Don't write edgy grimdark fics if they're too hard to pull off effectively. you picked probably the most difficult genre to pull off to start with. no wonder you've grown disillusioned. I got a dark comedy oneshot I want to do that'll likely never get finished because I'm not confident I can make it work. Learn your strengths and play to them.

>with certain traits or attributes
Can you blame readers? If I see five black sedans pull up and do drive by shootings, I'm going to be pretty wary if a sixth pulls up. The same holds true for stories. Whether its poor grammar in the synopsis, max tags, or a character having glass wings and a tattoo over their right eye--readers will pick up on red flags as they read shit fics and react accordingly when they see them.

>general disagreeableness
How many comedy or generally happy stories did you write? People only bitch when they get pissed off by something. That's very hard to do in a lighthearted setting. Edgy grimdark? Much, much more likely.

*any planet with heavy elements will have a fuckton of iron--as the iron girders seen in the show demonstrate.

>>28977838
>Doesn't know about any of the flamewars.
They're linked in the thread nearly every time they happen. And they only happen: 1) If the story's shit, 2) If the plot's controversial/trolly, 3) If the author's a dickhead.

>>28978110
You have the Dash desktop thing activated.

Click on Settings, then click the switch next to "Show Interactive Pony" to disable it.
>>
So I have an idea for a sequel to a depressing fanfic I wrote the other day, in which Fluttershy dies and Anon is devastated from it.

However, I feel like the sequel might become very dark. The first scene is Sci-Twi snapping at the other girls and telling them that they should have Anon go to a shrink in case all the depression bottled up inside him leads to a situation similar to Midnight Sparkle.

Other moments include Anon dating Angel Wings, only for her to reveal that she has a weak heart and triggering Anon's depression all over again when she has a close call with death and Anon's therapist, EQG!Starlight Glimmer, manipulating Anon into using Equestrian Magic and even revealing that she had a hand in killing Fluttershy (well, she's bluffing, but still, kinda morbid)

Should I go through with writing it?
>>
>>28983235
>wants to write eqg shit
no you should kill yourself
>>
>>28983235
I don't understand the purpose of writing AiEqG, as opposed to either AiE or normal EqG.
>>
>>28983260
>getting mad for no reason
Sasuga, horsefucker.
>>
>>28983619
who mad? I was providing honest advice
>>
>>28983632
>kill yourself
>honest advice
Sasuga, horsefucker.
>>
>>28983655
you can never go wrong with suicide
go sausage yourself
>>
Please recommend me decent adventure fics.

Haven't been on fimfiction for a few years now and wonder what I missed.
>>
File: Winners!.png (66KB, 567x912px) Image search: [Google]
Winners!.png
66KB, 567x912px
>>28983691
Well, the ones in the Adventure Category are a sure bet.
Any particulars you look for in an adventure story?
>>
>>28983683
>you can never go wrong with suicide
Then it's too bad you haven't taken your own advice yet.
>>
Fine fine.

you can never go wrong with suicide instead of writing an 'Anon in Equestria Girls edgy dark fic'

better?
>>
>>28983741
Actually a surprisingly large amount of suicide attempts fail, whereas cheap AiE pandering will always find an audience.
>>
Been feeling pretty depressed lately, any good fics to really get my heart wrenching?
>>
>>28983760
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/355846/now-its-time-to-say-goodbye

>>28983741
Yeah, that works.
>>
>>28983760
Why not go read a bubbly fic instead?
>>
>>28983812
I want to feels sadness, it's all I deserve.
>>
File: moderate hedonism.png (94KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
moderate hedonism.png
94KB, 500x486px
>>28983913
But life is meaningless and you might as well smile anyways because none of it is gonna matter in the end we're all gonna die!
>>
Is anyone else having to wait a while to get their story approved? It's been over 36 hours and mine is still waiting for approval.
>>
>>28983922
either the approvers are being lazier than the norm, or your story is so bad that theyre just passing it around amongst themselves and mocking your retardation. hard to say which
>>
>>28983917
If life is meaningless why does it matter how I spend it?
>>
>>28984019
Because you have feelings.
And if life isn't going to matter, then you might as well spend it feeling good.

Of course the lie is that it does matter, because over-emphasizing short-term fun has a tendency to reduce longer-time happiness.
Hence, moderate hedonism.
>>
File: This tingles my dingle.jpg (218KB, 834x1024px) Image search: [Google]
This tingles my dingle.jpg
218KB, 834x1024px
What is your favourite FiM pairing, and what is the best lewd fanfic about that ship you've read?
>>
File: sleepover.png (1MB, 979x1005px) Image search: [Google]
sleepover.png
1MB, 979x1005px
>>28984461
I'm quite fond of Raridash personally, and Salvation by Cold in Gardez is the fic to read for that. Raritwi is also one I like to read about, and while I don't have an outright favorite to recommend, there are plenty of satisfying short stories about them.
>>
>>28985204
For RariTwi, I generally recommend The Diamond in the Stars by Distaff Pope. It's a really good romance story that I feel really captures the chaarcterizations of both characters well. That being said, I think to fully appreciate it you need to read The Unbearable Lightness of Being Sweetie Belle, which also a really good fic, though it gets pretty heavy near the end.

I've not read anything by Monochromatic, but I'm told his RarTwi stories are pretty good too.
>>
>>28985269
Monochromatic has this Enchanted Library fic with like 50 spin-offs that I have never even tried reading just because of the sheer size of it and some one-offs where Rarity is the princess while Twilight remains a unicorn, but he also has a couple standard, canon-friendly stories, so to speak. Aside from The Enchanted Library most of it is just a couple thousand horseword stories, short, simple and sweet. His stuff usually dominates in ratings among Rarilight stories, but I'll leave it up to you how much you value Fimfiction's opinion.
Also it's fair to point out that none of it is really clop, so if the original request of lewd fanfics still applies, he's kinda out.
>>
>>28983235
You can write whatever you want, but you might have a very limited audience with that idea. Put it on the shelf for a few months and if it is still something you feel like investing a significant amount of time into, get it out. Just don't expect horse fame with that type of story.
>>
b
>>
>>28986283
I finally struck a chord and it's definitely not gonna be the edgy story I was thinking of.
>>
>>28982855
>4th most abundant resource on Earth
I probably should have picked a different resource (although maybe not oil, since that would make people mistake it for a hamfisted allegory for the War on Terror), but I still think it's far less dumb than "le ebil lightning dust in powered armor oh no!!!".

Though, for the record, Saddle Arabia actually wasn't a vast sand desert. That would be the "nazi alicorn empire". I had wanted to avert the stereotype of the entire Middle East being just one big sand dune. Maybe canon Saddle Arabia is just one big sand dune, but I wouldn't know.

>you picked probably the most difficult genre to pull off to start with
You have a point. I had wanted to replicate the success of 'The Immortal Game', but I realize now how ludicrously optimistic that was.

The cover art story was, before the rewrite, not all that well written. Overwrought prose with awkward phrasings, minor self-contradictions, et cetera. Blame it on my inexperience at the time. The same inexperience that drove me to put up that god awful cover art instead of commissioning something decent. Though, the ratings getting generally worse despite the writing being objectively better didn't help my confidence, but that might have been the depiction of objectionable material rather than anything to do with writing quality. We'll never know now, though, as I have since moved on from it.

>Can you blame readers?
I get it. Really, I do. But it's rather frustrating to see that because certain things are normally done poorly, they can't be done at all.

>How many comedy or generally happy stories did you write?
I think a couple. They were generally well-received; l/d ratios somewhere around 7:1. But the thing is, they're boring to write.
>>
>>28988065
Could do something something Spice Melange something if you do go with deserts, though. Slightly addictive drug that makes people kill millions of other people just to get more? All you have to do is color it green and you've got allegory.
>>
Alright, this is my first time creative writing since high school. It's going to be shit, but I'd like to know where to improve. This is the intro to a story I'd like to start and it would be nice if someone could tell me where to improve
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Iez2UC8MDMGa-Tr5O8T2HHivl5qMjI--M93AZikw840/edit
Also trigger warning: it's HiE
>>
>>28983235
>a situation similar to Midnight Sparkle
Wouldn't it be far more likely to lead to suicide or self destructive behavior than a superpowered evil side created by a corrupting magical artifact?

>Anon dating Angel Wings
No idea who that is because I don't give a shit about EqG but if Anon was so devastated by his girlfriend dying that he gets depression, why does he start dating someone else?

I guess if it's a longer fic or there's a time skip it could work, but I hope there's at least a several months' or even year or two gap between the funeral and the awkward first date.

>>28984461
Twiluna, and Archmage remains the only fic to arouse me that didn't involve my fetish.

>>28988065
It'd be kind of silly to have a country named Saddle Arabia have nothing to do with Saudi Arabia. While canon has never shown Saddle Arabia, it's heavily implied to have a middle eastern geography (Arabian horses, art style, etc.)

>they can't be done at all
Sure they can, but like with Anthro, I've never seen a story that's been able to execute it, and I've been reading MLP fics for five years.

Part of the problem is a lot of the Mary Sue traits are only things novice writers do, specifically to increase the value of their OC main character. Rather than characterization, story structure, or plot to show the character's importance, they rely on some specialness to lift them up above everyone else--hence why you so seldom see those traits in good stories. There's no need for a unique name, talent, body feature, or backstory to elevate the character.

>they're boring to write
That's unfortunate. I'd still suggest picking anything but the dark and angsty genres to write some stories in. They all will be better received than dark and grime.

>>28988641
>it's HiE
I haven't clicked it yet, but if it starts in the Everfree Forest...

>You need permission
Guess I won't find out. Make sure to set the story to public and enable inline comments.
>>
>>28988832
Thanks for at least trying to read it, It should be public now, I've never used google docs so this is all new to me.
>>
>>28988863
Too many disembodied names. You rattle off names for half the townspeople but offer no further description on indication of their relation to the protagonist.
Little information on said protagonist. All we know is that he has a backwards name and an affinity for toast.
And then theres the mercenraries, bandits, raiders and fortifications seem like they could use a lot more thought

On the technical side of it, well its written in english which I guess is a good start and no major issues short of apostrophe abuse and for some reason the term bodies bothers me
>>
>>28981995
I actually havent read 2 and 3 of those, thanks for the heads up anon
>>
File: Angel Wings Colord.png (375KB, 1280x1804px) Image search: [Google]
Angel Wings Colord.png
375KB, 1280x1804px
>>28988832
>Angel Wings
This is Angel Wings.
>>
>>28989357
...so a drab looking oc?
>>
>debating whether to continue writing within FiM, guaranteeing at least some attention whilst basically kneecapping any serious acknowledgement outside for the fandom, or to just write something wholly original instead of depending on a waning fanbase
>>
>>28989392
sticking with a fandom at least ensures a readerbase. going wholly original ensures nothing unless you fall into a high demand yet underutilized niche like dinosaur rape erotica
>>
>>28988065
>the War on Terror

Or, you know, since you're inspired by Nazi Germany, operation Barbarossa to get the oil fields in Caucasus.

>Though, for the record, Saddle Arabia actually wasn't a vast sand desert. That would be the "nazi alicorn empire"
>And they had fucking power armor which decimated Equestrian troops

wot
>>
>>28989381
Angel Wings is a character from the last episode before the season 6 finale and was one of those "Make a Wish Foundation" guest stars like the dude in the funky wheelchair thing back in season 4.
>>
>>28989890
So dudes writing a story in which edgy eqganon gets all depressed when eqgfluttershy dies and then becomes an eqgpedophile? (make a wish doesnt do shit for adults you know)

you want to write this why?

on an unrelated note i had completely forgotten that retarded wheelchair guy existed until this very moment. anyone remember the butthurt that flowed when someone wrote clop about cripple mcgee?
>>
>>28989920
Because le sequel
>>
>>28989920
>anyone remember the butthurt that flowed when someone wrote clop about cripple mcgee?
No, but I do know the kid commissioned clop art of his OC.

Good for him.
>>
>>28990092
>No, but I do know the kid commissioned clop art of his OC.
I've just got this mental image of a wheelchair being violated by the super speedy semen squeezy 5000
>>
>>28990080
Its thinking like that which got us three stardust sequels, three hard reset sequels and a couple of romance reports sequels.
Just because something exists doesn't mean that it needs a follow-up
>>
>>28989227
Thanks for reading it, while the term bodies and the protagonist I'm planning to reveal later in the story, I'll just go back and tone down on talking about the townspeople and describe the bandits and mercenaries a little more.
>>
b
>>
File: 1474257424364.jpg (995KB, 3189x2390px) Image search: [Google]
1474257424364.jpg
995KB, 3189x2390px
So I finished this today
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/341625/around-the-world-in-81-days-and-other-problems-caused-by-leap-years

It's really fucking good in my opinion. Starts off kinda slow, and it was kinda hard to get through Day 7 because I just didn't really care that much, but by the end of that chapter it just gets better and better. The end is a little weird and could use some fleshing out, but ultimately doesn't take away from what is a really good and interesting kind of-adventure. It says it's a crossover with the Verne tale and although I've never read that, it really doesn't do much alike except follow the same basic structure: visiting various places around the world as they try to make it in 80 days. I think it's more enjoyable if you try to make connections between places and people and things in the story and in real life, for example Vineigha is Vienna. The time frame seems to be if the show happened around equivalent-1904, and this is about ten years later.

Verdict: If pic related interests you, so then shall this story.
>>
File: 1478985406323.jpg (2MB, 4500x2681px) Image search: [Google]
1478985406323.jpg
2MB, 4500x2681px
>>28993503
>>28993503
I suddenly realize my picture was a bit of an anachronism, so have this one instead.
>>
Just finished reading http://www.fimfiction.net/story/191973/disco-inferno. I was a little nervous about reading this, since the description made it seem very much like a crackfic, but since it was written by the same guy who wrote The Best of All Possible Worlds (the Voltaire in Equestria story), I decided to give it a shot.

It was... an interesting read. First, the one sentence synopsis: Rarity gets stranded on Earth circa 1978 in New Jersey, joins a circus, and tries to find a way home. Honestly, it isn't much of a fimfic in that it doesn't involve MLP that much. Only Rarity is in this story, with some very brief mentions of other characters, and she's less of a character and more of a catalyst for the development of the other characters.

What this is, however, is a wonderful snapshot of the cultural and political climate of America in the 70s, in the same way that tBoaPW provides an interesting look into the culture and politics at the time of Voltaire. It also goes into some weird territory with a subplot involving magic on Earth just like tBoaPW but overall, I found it to be a very interesting read and as someone who was born after the fall of the USSR, I feel like I learned a lot about that time period from this fic. I learned about Studio 54, about life in Times Square in the seventies, and got a good sense of what kinds of things were "in" at the time (Bee Gees, Earth, Wind, and Fire, Star Wars). There's also a sense of something distinctly American in the story. I won't call it a love letter to 1970s USA, but it does try to capture the soul of the country at the time, and I think it succeeds.

If I had to compare it to an actual book, I'd say it's similar to Neil Gaiman's American Gods in how it uses a supernatural plot to write a story to explore American culture and society.

Anyways, if you're interested in an interesting perspective of the USA in the 70s or liked The Best of All Possible Worlds or American Gods I'd recommend giving this story a shot.
>>
>>28993503
>>28993786

Why would we give any fucks about exact copy EiE?
>>
File: 1476975679448.gif (208KB, 312x322px) Image search: [Google]
1476975679448.gif
208KB, 312x322px
>managed to write three full paragraphs tonight
>mfw if I keep this pace, I may actually finish a chapter before the year is over
One can dream
>>
>>28993786
>as someone who was born after the fall of the USSR
>it does try to capture the soul of the country at the time, and I think it succeeds.

How would you know you filthy millennial?
>>
>>28994606
Fair enough. I should probably have phrased as "I felt it succeeded, in that I felt closer to that time period and I felt I had a better understanding of it." Of course, I could be completely wrong and experienced a fake version of the seventies in that stories, but I enjoyed in nonetheless.

Also, I'm a 90's kid, not a millennial. I've finally hit the point where I can shake my head at the antics of teenagers and feel superior to them, and it's wonderful.
>>
>>28994650

Wait, are 90s kids not millennials? What the hell is a millennial, then? Besides a buzzword, that is
>>
>>28994682
I always thought millennials were people born after 2000, but apparently I was wrong; it refers to people who reached adulthood in the 2000s, which puts me on the tail end of the spectrum.

Huh, turns out I'm part of the group I despise. How about that.
>>
>>28994682
boomers- 1946-1964
gen x- 1965-1980
gen y- 1981-2000
>>
>>28963426
Is it any good
>>
>>28994144
I'm sorry, EiE? What exactly is that first E supposed to be?
>>
File: IMG_2530.jpg (160KB, 595x822px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2530.jpg
160KB, 595x822px
>>28974017
>6 million plus 5 million

goy please
>>
File: Sonderkommando burnin' bodies.jpg (94KB, 760x821px) Image search: [Google]
Sonderkommando burnin' bodies.jpg
94KB, 760x821px
>>28995131
Even if it were muh six million, weren't there other minorities who had a considerably higher death count? And even then, even if the evil nazis did kill six bajillion semites, the jews still profited considerably from the deaths of their own people and mislead the world while at it just so they could afford themselves more clout. I'd call that considerably more vile than ethnic cleansing.
>>
File: IMG_0809.jpg (203KB, 672x672px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0809.jpg
203KB, 672x672px
>>28995199
thats the thing the jews(globalists) only serve to profit themselves. They don't give a shit about any of the people who died, jewish or otherwise.

Right now they are afraid, which is why all this 'fake news' propaganda and 'alt-right' is being pushed by the mass (jewish) owned media and congress is trying to push a Anti-semitism Awareness Act.
>>
>>28988475
I wonder how many people on Fimfic have actually read Dune. The idea might be hailed as original and trailblazing.

>>28988832
>While canon has never shown Saddle Arabia, it's heavily implied to have a middle eastern geography (Arabian horses, art style, etc.)
I do understand that, but the real life Middle East is diverse in its physical geography. Sure, there are a lot of places that actually are hostile desert landscapes, but there are also a lot that aren't.

>There's no need for a unique name, talent, body feature, or backstory to elevate the character.
I know; I don't include them in the vast majority of cases simply because I see no good reason to. But when you're dealing with a high fantasy world like MLP, with massive, large-scale threats and conflicts, granting substantial talents and powers to characters is sometimes necessary.

>I'd still suggest picking anything but the dark and angsty genres to write some stories in.
Which is a perfectly valid and reasonable suggestion, but I can't really think of a non-dark genre that I'd really enjoy writing, that doesn't fall into the category of Bleedin'-tier crackfic.

Though, maybe it could still work if I just toned down the angst. 'The Immortal Game' did have a black and white conflict and a happy ending, whereas the cover art story had black and black, and the power armor one had black and gray with the planned ending favoring the black. More akin to GRRM than Tolkien.

>>28989404
Deserts aren't *completely* inhospitable, you know. Saudi Arabia's pretty dry, and it's one of the biggest players in the region. Unlikely, sure, but I don't think it's utterly outside the realm of possibility.
>>
>>28995199
jews, slavs, gypsies, gays, freemasons, disabled people, negroes, orientals, communists, jehovas witnesses, catholics, esperanto speakers and other undesirables

I always firgured the 6 million number accounted for all civilian death throughout the european theater. pile all the blame for people killed in the crossfire and caught in carpet bombings on the nazis because the only other option would be to accept responsibility for leveling entire cities
>>
>>28995345
I'd argue that the nazis did, in fact, kill a majority of jews in concentration camps, but only because they already had them handily corralled in jewish ghettos. Nazis didn't really give a fuck about who they got delivered in the train, they treated them all equally. It's only because of modern jewish propaganda that the term "antisemitism" even exists. Makes you wonder why there is no specific term for "antislavism" or "antiromani".
>>
>>28995385
and antisemetism is only 'wrong' because those who hold that view lost, and history is written by the victor
>>
File: 1478776948200.jpg (52KB, 781x640px) Image search: [Google]
1478776948200.jpg
52KB, 781x640px
>cant sleep
>"I wonder whats on the fimfiction thread"
>Anons are talking about the jews and the holocaust in a thread about horse sex and shitty slice of life stories
never change /mlp/
>>
>>28995438
at least we're only discussing it, and not trying to figure out how to work it in to a twilestia smutfic
>>
File: trixieparty.jpg (369KB, 924x1380px) Image search: [Google]
trixieparty.jpg
369KB, 924x1380px
>>28995479
Is that a challenge?
>>
File: dog.png (450KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
dog.png
450KB, 468x468px
Why do I always imagine Twilight as a dog while writing her?
>>
>>28995690
because shes a loyal best friend and will probably lick your naughty parts if you smear peanut butter on them
>>
>>28995345
it's actually 11 million total civilians killed attributed to the Nazis directly. 6 million of whom were Jews.
>>
>>28995702
Also because she can do tricks. She's well known for the "You're our only hope, Twilight!" trick.
>>
>>28995737
And quite a lot of those jews were definitely slavic as well. At least a quarter of the aforementioned ghettos were in derr Sudetenland.
>>
>>28995769
how many jews were negro slavic homosexual freemasons that spoke esperanto?

It really is difficult to know anything for certain when facts can be skewed by people with an agenda.

kinda like crime statistics that show black 'children' as victims of gun violence, yet include people up to mid 20s in age. they skew the data to support their claims.

So there were more jews in europe than slavs, romanians, homosexuals, blacks, orientals, drug users, prostitutes, communists, spanish republicans, esperanto speakers, catholics, freemasons, cripples, jehovas witnesses, bahais, half breeds, protestants, vagrants, alcoholics, pacifists and criminals?

or did the jews in the banking industry and media manage to elevate themselves above all the rest in order to maximize their perception as the kings of victimization status?
>>
>>28995385
Makes you wonder why there is no specific term for [...] "antiromani."

There's actually a term to define hatred against Roma people, it's "antiziganism." Not sure about slavs, but I think it can be found.

Also, anti-Semitism was born in the latter part of the XIXth century, when nationalisms were on the rise in Europe and internal enemies had to be found even in countries that clearly did not have them AND while it was invented by an Austrian Jew, the first instance in which it is used is against France and the way it dealt with the Affair Dreyfus (which, unless you are absolutely deluded, was a clear case of it).

>>28995411
>'antisemitism' is only wong because those who hold that view lost.

Pretty sure that other instances of hatred against any and all minorities are wrong. Besides, technically anti-Semitism includes arabs too.

>>28995838
Jews and Roma people were the most-target groups in the Holocaust that didn't see complete annihilation (that sad honour would go to the victims of Aktion T4, which killed any and all mentally retarded people in Germany and Poland). By the end of the war, Jews wanted to get out of Europe and take a piece of land to live on; while Roma people just wanted to go back to wander around Europe in scattered groups, something that was unlikely to sit well with the local population.

Add to the fact that Jews were integrated into society and that the ones that "went out of the group" still proudly stated their ancestry, while Sinti and Roma, when abandoning their old ways, usually tried to bury their ancestry, and you can see why we'd highlight the killing of Jews (a population that had gone away from Europe and was hard to identify in America) over the killing of roma (which are nigh-absent from the New World, and remain in good numbers throught Europe, still living in nomadic ways inside "the clock people" territories.)
>>
>>28995963
Thing is, you don't hear of antiziganism in relation to the concentration camps or WWII, and neither do you hear of 'antisemitism' much before WWII. http://pastebin.com/XYZi4hdx
>>
File: mane6.jpg (213KB, 1109x831px) Image search: [Google]
mane6.jpg
213KB, 1109x831px
I just wanna take the time to thank knighty for the snow.
It's actually unironically pretty cute.

t. huge faggot
>>
File: this thread.jpg (269KB, 1001x1098px) Image search: [Google]
this thread.jpg
269KB, 1001x1098px
>>28996035
Too bad knighty has abandoned us.
>>
>>28996037
I feel like the fandom is winding down and closing shop but I don't want to move on.
>>
>>28996047
It has been doing so for the past two years. The peak was 2012, and even the show has begun showing visible signs of decay.
>>
>>28996053
Maybe it's just me being overly dramatic, but are you fine with that?
>>
File: Ponymon Snap.gif (1MB, 563x310px) Image search: [Google]
Ponymon Snap.gif
1MB, 563x310px
>>28996055
I still haven't seen some episodes of S5, even ones that I'd be interested in/were good, haven't seen a single episode by myself outside of streams out of S4 and just two or so total in S6. Were it not for me reading some more of the DoWaS sequel recently, I wouldn't be here at all.
>>
[Pt. 1]

>>28988863
Left some comments. Overall a pretty good SoL intro chapter. As the other anon said, there needs to be more descriptions, both for the characters and for the town itself, as neither have a canon reference for readers to lift from. The first few paragraphs that detail the town and overall setting especially should be reworked.

I'd also recommend thinking about the backstory for the plot itself. Why didn't the town try to contact Equestria sooner or during the raids? Why does a transoceanic colony/territory of Equestria have no military or regional government to assist? Why not some kind of plague or disease to serve as the impetus for seeking help instead? Then there's no handwaving of colonial security issues and you can add the drama of spreading the infection to the plot.

>>28989392
>kneecapping any serious acknowledgement
How so? It's not like you're going to publish novels or theses as your Fimfic user name. You can write fanfics and original fiction at the same time, you know. I know it's likely very hard given the motivation/time issues we have, but it can be done.

I think it's important to continue writing fanfics for fun, since you're likely to become really disillusioned trying to publish your own work.

>>28989890
Why her and not someone with a more established pedigree, like Night Glider or whoever the name of the main pegasus from Top Bolt was? It's EqG so who gives a fuck what they did in the show. Seems weird to use a heart patient's OC.
>>
[Pt. 2]

>>28989920
>doesnt do shit for adults
Technically, they can, so long as their physician refers them before they turn 18.

>eqgpedophile
If we're getting into the bizarre world of age debates, do remember that the age of the VA =/= the age of the character they are voicing. Nicole Oliver's 46, Celestia most certainly is not.

>someone wrote clop about cripple mcgee
No, but I remember when people became rectally ravaged when porn was drawn of him, then he commissioned a porn animated gif himself.

>>28993786
So, does she make it back to Equestria and, if not, is there an endor holocaust with no EoH to save them from NMM, Discord, etc.

>>28994650
>I'm a 90's kid, not a millennial
A millennial is someone who was born in the early 80s to the mid 90s. If you were born after the Soviet Union fell, you're definitely a filthy millennial who was too lazy or whinny to stop the homophobic, sexist, racist, transfatphobic, baguetted, communist nazi known as Trump from winning.

>>28995411
>history is written by the victor
Hence why Nero and Caligula are regarded as the best Roman Emperors.
>>
File: upsideDown.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
upsideDown.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>28996063
Lucky you.
I took a break for a year or so, but I think I'm truly here forever.
>>
>>28996047
Nah, it's still going strong, with the movie coming next year and everything else. Start worrying when Fimfiction starts uploading only 2-3 stories per day (which no one reads), and when Derpibooru only uploads a dozen or so daily pics (which are all autistic tier screenshot edits and badly drawn porn)
>>
>>28996035
snow?

>>28996055
Its going to happen eventually whether you want it to or not.
Sooner or later (likely within the next year or two) the show will be cancelled/end and except for a handful of die hard autists the fandom will grind to a halt. you willeither move on to the next big thing, or you will continue on waiting for an eternity for an update to rafikis tales that will never come

its happening even now. of all my shelves, the largest one by far is the deadfic folder.
>>
>>28996074
Not going strong. Nowhere near as strong as a few years ago. No fandom can keep going strong for six fucking years straight, not on the internet. This board itself is pretty static now, most of it being filled with secular generals, most of which don't even get a post to the hour.
The fandom itself is at best stagnant, but it has the advantage of being held up by the show. Once the show gets cancelled (or replaced by the monetarily more successful EqG series) it'll just collapse.

According to the derpibooru stats, going from mid-2012 - https://derpibooru.org/stats - there has been basically no growth.
>>
File: snap105.png (104KB, 1346x587px) Image search: [Google]
snap105.png
104KB, 1346x587px
>>28996090
>snow?
Picrelated

>Its going to happen eventually whether you want it to or not.
I guess I'll just have to deal with it, but I can't imagine that the next big thing will ever be quite as big or quite as beautiful as what we've had here.

If you've seen that old man comic, that's pretty much the future I expect.
>>
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/355742/the-hero-and-his-mare
crossover clop in the featurebox? such a surprise

>>28996102
>replaced by the monetarily more successful EqG series
an eqg series would be the death of the fandom. and deservedly so

>>28996107
>Picrelated
huh. im not seeing it
>>
File: snap106.png (42KB, 1132x625px) Image search: [Google]
snap106.png
42KB, 1132x625px
>>28996122
>huh. im not seeing it
Hm, are you sure it's not disabled in the settings?
Or maybe it's only the FimFiction Advanced script doing that.
>>
>>28996133
I cant even find the banner setting anywhere.
>>
>>28996148
Oh, I'm a retard then. It's just an extension I installed called FimFiction Advanced...
>>
>>28996102
I've witnessed fandoms die. They keep going for several years after official stuff stops, as long as the fandom producers of quality content remain. When these disappear, and the fandom is only left with autists, THEN it dies, and the process is very quick, since there isn't any more reasons to keep around. When things get to this point, it's irreversible. Even if new official content is launched to attempt a "revival", the fandom won't reactivate, only a few nostalgiafags will be around to appreciate the new stuff, only to quickly forget about it a few days later.
>>
File: hitlerpones.png (706KB, 762x902px) Image search: [Google]
hitlerpones.png
706KB, 762x902px
>>28995479
>>28995506
https://paste
.ee/p/gqQ5g

Done. I'm not good at smut.
>>
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10378493
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSj-eU7GfAc
>tfw someone will never get inspired by your terrible fanfic and write a song based on it
Why live?
>>
>>28996244
Hey some of that music is actually pretty neat
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRx_iXgLAyw
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Rainbow_Factory
>tfw someone will never get inspired by your terrible halloween music submission and write a fanfic based on it
Why live?
>>
>>28996244
>Uh... Pinkie?" Applejack spoke. Pinkie did not look at Applejack. Spike then looked nervous.
this is some avantgarde art
>>
>>28996265
Voiceguy version when?
>>
>>28995036
Earth in Equestria, aka copy-pasting earth situations in Fimfics.
>>
>>28995336
>Saudi Arabia's pretty dry, and it's one of the biggest players in the region

How do you even know? The princesses invite dukes and meet them personally, so why would Saddle Arabia be powerful? They didn't even greet them in the royal palace from what we know, they only sent them to a magic show in a shitty village.
>>
>>28996459
>they only sent them to a magic show in a shitty village.
Not just any shitty village, the one right next to Canterlot where the multiple times savior of the world and arguably most important people on the planet besides Sunbutt live.
>>
>>28996471
Who nobody seems to notice, ever, for some reason.
>>
>>28996471
She was barely Celestia's student then, and iirc the episode was S1, where the only thing she did was take the elements of harmony.
>>
>>28996459
Im sensing a trend
>crystal empire is a single midsize city
>buffalo tribe is a handful of nomads
>the griffon capitol is a run down abandoned shithole
>saddle arabians get pawned off to 'the great and powerful twilights after-school magic show

is there another country on horseplanet that isnt a pathetic joke?
>>
>>28996480
>Crystal empire can somehow host Olympics with thousands of ponies
>Buffalo tribes are like what native Americans are now
>Griffon capital ruined after war/economical collapse
>SA are just cocksuckers allied to Equestria because of oil
>>
>>28996488
>Crystal empire can somehow host Olympics with thousands of ponies
so can brazil, mexico and greece. hosting the olympics doesnt mean the host is wealthy, cultured or civilized

what countries did i forget anyway? I know yakistan, but beyond that?
>>
File: 3RD PLACE TROPHY.jpg (57KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
3RD PLACE TROPHY.jpg
57KB, 576x1024px
>>28996480
Ponies control the Sun, the Moon, and the very fabric of reality through the Elements of Harmony.
The Cutie Mark system ensures everypony has a special talent and can contribute to society.

The other races are just animals. No wonder Equestria thrives while the other nations barely survive.

The only race more overpowered than the ponies is the Draconequus, and when that fucker isn't playing garden ornament he's busy getting reformed into a pet.
>>
>>28996498
>The other races are just animals.
ponies arent aminals?

>No wonder Equestria thrives while the other nations barely survive.
Thats why i said i saw a trend.

And I guess that almost explains why you see every other race dogpile equestria in every warfic ever written, since it would take literally the entire world jumping on the bandwagon to invade a country that has only a smattering of inept guards
>>
>>28996494
>brazil, mexico and greece
>Mexico City: 8.851 million people
>Athens: 664 046 people (Okay yeah)
>Rio: 6.32 million people
>>
>>28996507
>ponies arent aminals?
They are, in the same way humans are animals.
The other races are sentient, but they don't get any magical power or cool ability, so no matter how smart they are they're still toast at the geopolitics game.

Crows are smart animals, smarter than the average infant, but you still can't build a thriving civilization if you have the physiology of a bird.
>>
>>28996068
She does make it back in the end. Discord is the one who sent her to Earth, and she's trying to get back to stop him.
>>
>>28996519
>greece: flat broke, nil GDP, is technically now owned by germany if they ever call in the debt
>brazil: broke, roaming street gangs, raw sewage literally everywhere, and an uncontrollable outbreak of a virus known to cause birth defects
>Mexico: its mexico.

>>28996521
>you still can't build a thriving civilization if you have the physiology of a bird.
two thirds of the pony population have to use their mouths for fine tasks. one third of their population has wings :^)
>>
>>28996530
>two thirds of the pony population have to use their mouths for fine tasks. one third of their population has wings :^)
One third can grow food out of nothing, one third controls the weather, and one third breaks every law of physics in existence.

On the other hand using hooves and wings to manipulate things doesn't seem to be an actual problem in the show.
It's the magic and the cutie marks that make the difference.
>>
>>28996538
I cant even argue honestly, but for a few brief minutes there I think we actually had a unique, fresh discussion. thanks, anon it'll probably never happen again
We need zebra and minotaur episodes so that even more headcanon can be destroyed.

Though since canon seems intent on proving fan theories wrong, the zebras probably have a highly industrialized society instead of living in huts and rapping about everything
>>
>>28996561
>>Though since canon seems intent on proving fan theories wrong, the zebras probably have a highly industrialized society instead of living in huts and rapping about everything
I would thoroughly enjoy this
>>
>>28984461
Raridash. The one good fic (Salvation) has already been mentioned.
>>
>>28995336
>But when you're dealing with a high fantasy world like MLP, with massive, large-scale threats and conflicts, granting substantial talents and powers to characters is sometimes necessary.
As usual, there's multiple factors involved here.

> Is their power exceptionally strong, putting them on par with Twilight or Celestia? inb4 bitching about how Celestia is actually weak and useless - that's not the point and you know what I mean
> Did they work to earn their power, or did they get it essentially for free?
> Did they get the power during the course of the story, or was it part of their background?
> Is the power inherently "dark and edgy"?
> Does the narration or dialogue treat the power as something special or unique?

Good example: RD and AJ's powers in Dangerous Business (and probably Rarity's as well, but I don't remember what she got). Useful but not god-tier, acquired through hard work during the story, neither dark nor edgy, and both learned their powers from other ponies so not unique at all.

Bad example: Raspberry Beryl's dark magic from 7DSJ. Stronger than the alicorns, acquired by being a descendant of King Sombra, presented as part of her backstory, literally called "dark" and also pretty edgy, and roughly half of AHP2 is about how everypony treats her differently because of her magic.
>>
>>28996725
>and probably Rarity's as well, but I don't remember what she got
She got that instant teleportation from the elves--I mean elks.
>>
>>28997026
She learns teleportation, which is a pretty big deal given what set off the quest in the first place.

Also, she starts getting foresight, which is implied to be a power of Generosity Element bearers.
>>
Is there a way to view a list of all the chapters you have marked as "read" on fimfiction? I've ready a lot of shit before I got an account, and therefore have a grossly incomplete "already read" library that needs filling, but I cannot be sure that I've already remembered every single thing I've read on a single website.
>>
>>28997587
I don't think that's possible through normal means.
I guess mods could track your IP's FiMFiction activity and then see what you've read, but I don't think you can just find that.
Plus, if you've reset your modem at any point, or changed ISP, you're out of luck.
>>
File: knightyisahomo.jpg (149KB, 606x503px) Image search: [Google]
knightyisahomo.jpg
149KB, 606x503px
>>28997661
I haven't. I don't have a public IP, so my IP could only possibly change if the ISP's sysadmin forgot the login credentials one day.
Goddamnit, knighty. When will you finally answer all our deepest desires and code fucking everything?
>>
>>28997587
If you've read things before having an account, then that's definitely lost.
If you've read things on your account but forgotten to add then to a bookshelf so you can't find it anymore, it's technically possible to get a list but it's a major pain in the ass.

I've had the same problem, so I wrote some code to check every chapter of every story. It mostly worked, but it was crap and horribly slow because FimFic's API is useless.

knighty could probably give you the answer in 5 minutes, but instead you have to run a braindead script that takes hours and rapes the servers...
>>
>>28997678
It's not lost. I just found a story that I've definitely read before I had an account, and it's pretty damn checked as "read". And the "read" status sure as hell ain't stored in cookies, so it ought to be based on IP. Or I'm just fucking delusional and made an account several years ago.

And who, in their right mind, wouldn't want to rape any of knighty's belongings?
>>
>>28997684
>It's not lost. I just found a story that I've definitely read before I had an account, and it's pretty damn checked as "read". And the "read" status sure as hell ain't stored in cookies
What I meant is, if it doesn't register as read on your account today, then it's definitely lost.

It's possible that things you read before creating your account were added when you registered. It's not stored in cookies, but it might be stored in local storage.
I very much doubt it's based on people's IP though, that would be extremely broken.

>And who, in their right mind, wouldn't want to rape any of knighty's belongings?
Fair point
>>
>>28997698
Despite being an amateur web developer, I keep forgetting that local storage exists.
Brb, checking.
And it being based on IP is still possible. Knighty is, after all, extremely broken as well.
>>
>>28997706
>Despite being an amateur web developer, I keep forgetting that local storage exists.
I know that Fimfic stores a lot of settings in local storage, so that's a wild guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if it stored chapters read while logged out.
>>
>>28997712
Nope, localstorage just stores reader formatting and the session hash, that's it.
And when logging out, the whole chapter read thing disappears.
So I'm probably full of shit and it's just stored in a database in the server.
>>
>>28997587
You might be able to get some of it from your browser history. On Firefox with default settings I've got history entries from well over a year ago. You can probably find a script somewhere that will extract a list of visited pages for you, then search for fimfiction.net URLs.
>>
>>28997831
Problem is, I've read the most multiple years ago. And firefaux doesn't do things older than a year.

Good thing I have my tabs backed up multiple times, and can technically index them with some effort.
>>
>>28997847
On the same note, you can always check your Google search history.

Anything you do and anywhere you go, the fuckers will track and keep around forever.
>>
>>28997863
Disabled that.
I know they track me anyway, even with direct physical evidence, (being the sneaky little fucking highlight that recently appeared on youtube that labels every video I've watched, even ones I've watched before I disabled watched video tracking) I just don't get to see it then.
Got google analytics blocked either way.
>>
File: IMG_2541.png (178KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2541.png
178KB, 750x1334px
>>28995479
>>28995506

its already been done
>>
Blegh, gonna write a one-off just to test out fimfic.
I'm not the best at writing but I suppose no one is when they first start out.
>>
>>28998981
Godspeed, Anon.
>>
>>28998981
Post it when you're done so we can l̶a̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ review it.
>>
>>28999141
I expect to get laughed at, it'll probably come off as some stupid pretentious thing.
>>
So when you guys start a new story, do you release the first chapter right as it's done or write ahead so you can release some chapters while you're writing more?
>>
>>28999399
I used to release chapters as I finished them, but that can get frustrating when you hit writer's block.

It's much more relaxing to write it all in a single go and then publish it on schedule. That way you don't leave your readers hanging and you can adjust parts of the story as you deem necessary.
>>
>>28998981
Please tell me it's not a second person sonic OC crossover dark clopfic, but instead something sensible
>>
>>28999399

I write the whole story first, then release chapters on a schedule as I edit them. Having a target date gives me the motivation to edit, and I don't have to wait until I'm completely finished to start getting those sweet, sweet upvotes.
>>
File: 1440737402892.png (54KB, 281x213px) Image search: [Google]
1440737402892.png
54KB, 281x213px
Tell us about the last fanfic you read/are currently reading.
>>
File: serpent2.png (131KB, 1020x1180px) Image search: [Google]
serpent2.png
131KB, 1020x1180px
>>29000391
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/350107/a-serpent-underhoof
The author of The Celestia Code is trying to write a trollfic, and mostly failing.

The premise is that the MC is a supergenius who builds VR Equestria, and his AI waifu Luna finds a way to break out into the real world, including converting a couple chunks of the planet into pony-style landscapes. The description sells it as a sort of parody combination of TCB and Optimalverse, which is somewhat accurate.

The reason I say the author is failing at writing a trollfic is because the story is actually pretty coherent and well put together, by Fimfic standards at least. Every once in a while, the author remembers this is supposed to be "le trolle xd" and adds something stupid (like the MC randomly knowing kung fu so he can beat up FBI agents), but most of the story is surprisingly okay.

Also, Chatoyance thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread, so you know it must be good
>>
>>29000558
Well, it's pretty good if the author decides to play this with a growing sense of seriousness.

A Kamen Rider show had the premise of break dancing kids transforming into knights with fruit-based armor and weapons and after it got a case of scaling seriousness, it became one of the best shows of the franchise.
>>
>>29000391
I'm reading http://www.fimfiction.net/story/311623/the-sombra-protocols

It's the sequel to Arête, one of the few cyber-punk stories I've found on the site. The original was pretty enjoyable, adn this one is shaping up to be just as entertaining.
>>
>>29000558
>Chatoyance
that gigantic faggot is still around?
>>
>>29000391
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/212742/black-sun-nation

Right now, I'm keeping tabs on this dark/adventure thing. There's an uprising against Celestia and Luna's rule, and it ends with their attempt to end the war backfiring, resulting in a sort of magical Armageddon.

Really hard for me to describe all that's happened without giving stuff away, but for a post-apoc story, it's pretty well thought out, so far. Author said a new chapter will be coming soon, so I look forward to see where this goes.
>>
>>29000391
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/146349/past-present-and-future
Twilight and spike find a little dragon injured in the everfree and nurse it back to health

dragon chick sees how spike is treated, convinces him that hes a slave and talks him into leaving equestria and going to the dragon lands

Twilight finds out that theres a major difference between equestrian dragons and normal dragons and sets off to prevent spike from getting to the dragon lands and causing a war.

she fails
>>
>>29000391
iirc this one's being written by an anon in the thread. Also happens to be the last chapter I've read on the site.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/302720/to-serve-in-hell

Pretty good, too, but the chapters are short as shit and it hadn't updated in a while, and is only going up once a month for the time being, so it's kinda forgettable too.
>>
>>28996459
That wasn't a typo. I was talking about real life Saudi Arabia in the real life Middle East. I am fairly certain that *Saddle* Arabia is an Equestrian client state.

>>28996725
I'm talking primarily about antagonists. I would never, ever make an OC that was on par with Twilight or Celestia unless he or she was an antagonist of some kind, and even that is only because a curbstomping doesn't make for a very riveting story. If I'm going to use a powerful hero, it's most likely going to be Twilight, Celestia, or some other canon equivalent. If I'm going to use an anti-hero (which I, admittedly, would enjoy writing far more), I'll use someone like Trixie or Luna.

In fact, the only way I'm writing an OC protagonist at all is if I'm writing an elsewhere fic. And writing an OC protagonist with an OC setting? Might as well not be a fanfic at all.
>>
[Pt. 1]

>>28996047
It's nearing the comfy stage, which all fandoms enter when their respective media is canceled, ends, etc. Get ready for little drama, canon not fucking things up anymore, and horsefamousness to disappear. I honestly can't wait.

Of course, if the movie does well, it could create a Renaissance that leads to S8+ or Hasbro might not even care if it bombs if sales stay high.

>>28996102
I think collapse is a bit strong. When the show inevitably ends, those that are only casually involved in the fandom will likely move on, causing a decently sized shrinking, but "fan of the fandom" is already a thing and there's still at least a season and movie to go.

If you're hoping for some catastrophic implosion that causes all the sites to close and the the ride to crash and set you free, I think you should stop hoping.

>more successful EqG
You mean the thing that hemorrhaged so much money, it dragged down the entire franchise last quarter and caused Hasbro to cut the yearly 70 minute movie to three 22 minute "specials"?

>>28996161
I was in The Lion King fandom from '06-'11. The last "new" content released was in '04. There was never any real decline in the fandom. Certain segments, like Lilymud (the fanart forum) were ghost towns, but the fanfics kept trickling in and updating, the fanart archive was constantly active, and there were even occasional spurts of drama.

It was small and quiet, but by no means dead or forgotten. I imagine MLP will become something similar--until Gen 5 starts anyway.

>>28996459
To be far to Saddle Arabia, the personal student of the Princess, who likely was responsebile for ensuring Saddle Arabia wasn't baked under an eternal sun (it's not like there can be eternal night for the whole planet) is the one performing the shitty magic show.

Not only that, but the reigning diarch has taken at least an entire day out of her schedule to go schmooze with them, rather then sending some ambassador or duke.
>>
[Pt. 2]

>>28996480
>Crystal Empire imploded by mad dictator, "forcing" Equestria's intervention. Upon it's return, another Equestrian intervention occurs and one of their princesses is installed as it's empress in a coup
>griffon kingdom at the peak of it's power and prestige is somehow crippled by a monster destroying it's capital and plundering it before it can become a serious threat to Equestrian hegomony
>buffalo slowly and steadily pushed out of their homeland as pony populations expand to take over the entire continent
>dragon election rigged by interference from Equestrian princess to ensure a friendly face is in charge
>Saddle Arabia, seeing all this happen, elects to align with the hyperpower rather than oppose it
It's hard not to be a joke when Otto von Celestia is ruling your opposing nation.

>>28996561
>headcanon
Honestly, what headcanon? I can't think of a single fic that really developed the minotaurs or zebra.

>>28999399
I used to serially do it, but I've come to really adore writing the whole thing first. It allows so much more freedom since you can go back and rewrite earlier chapters or add scenes to set up later scenes that you just thought of.

Plus, you'll never abandon a story and leave readers disappointed and hanging.
>>
[Pt. 3]

>>29000391
The Lunar Rebellion (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/77470/the-lunar-rebellion) just updated.

I absolutely love this story, since it combines my two favorite plot elements--politics and war. It's really well paced as the politics lead things off and slowly trigger the war part of the story.

The warfic components are also well done. A siege has been underway for nearly a dozen chapters, with several attempts at storming Canterlot failing. Everything has a very medieval fantasy vibe, with crossbows, swords, pyromancy, dark magic, etc. which helps to keep things more grounded over the traditional warfic.

The weakest element is definitely the protagonist. While not a Mary Sue, there's definitely some trappings. The two most obvious being the lack of major character flaws (she's always been right and has yet to fuck up a fight) and the plot steadily orbiting her rather than orbiting the ongoing conflict.

Still, I love the story.
>>
>>29002210
I know SA is probably a major ally, but I wouldn't call it "One of the biggest players in the region".

>but the reigning diarch has taken at least an entire day out of her schedule to go schmooze with them, rather then sending some ambassador or duke

Which it probably would do with any other nation. See Canada taking a full day of China's secretary of state probably because we're mostly chinese too
>>
>>29002403
>See Canada taking a full day of China's secretary of state
thats probably because canada recognizes that literally everyone is more important than canada is.
theyd likely do the same thing for the presidents of haiti
>>
>>29000391

I don't read fanfic.
>>
File: 1367654259724.jpg (71KB, 550x425px) Image search: [Google]
1367654259724.jpg
71KB, 550x425px
>Want to write a new chapter to my clop series
>Drawing a blank on what to write them doing
>Make a blog post asking my followers what they want to see
>Three of the four responses say I should put one of my characters in a fucking diaper.
>MFW

Seriously, why the fuck do I have so many ABDL fans?! I never wrote a diaper story, nor have I ever hinted I will. It's really fucking weird.
>>
>>29001016
>A Kamen Rider show had the premise of break dancing kids transforming into knights with fruit-based armor and weapons and after it got a case of scaling seriousness, it became one of the best shows of the franchise.
Wait, what?

How does that even happen? You can't expect me to take you seriously now.
>>
>>29002600
Then why the fuck are you here?
>>
>>29002617
Well, for one you kill off one or two characters, stir doubt and distrust into the hearts of the heroes, and write up a story not far from what Lovecraft would write,...
>>
>>29002605
Start to give them what they want then blueball the shit out of them with a slap of reality to the face
>>
>>29002631
I honestly considered making a screenshot for a fake story as an April Fool's joke, but I don't want to feed into their fetish.
>>
>>29002631
This. A thousand times this.
>>
>>29002649
I was thinking more of starting to write up some diaper shit, then just before you start to get to the fetishy stuff, have the diaperer start ranting about just how stupid and asinine that lame fetish really is, belittling the diaperee, etc

but then youd probably lose 3 of your 4 readers. though do you really want people like that following you anyway?
>>
>>29002668
Or, better yet, bait them with the diaper fetish, but switch it out with an even more disgusting fetish, though one that only you can tolerate.
>>
>>29002672
Or, even better still, cutting it short with "AND THEN A SKELETON POPPED OUT!"
>>
>>29002672
>an even more disgusting fetish
is there such a thing?
>>
>>28966042
I love stardust so much and continue to try and avoid the fact that mente exists. I get the feeling he didn't want to make it but caved to the pressure and just writes to sate the retards.
>>
>>29003356
You'd be amazed what you can find.
>>
>>29003356
Off the top of my head I can think of:
-Scat cock vore (putting fecal matter in the urethra)
-Anal prolapse
-Necrotic genetalia
-Newborn parental incest
>>
>>29003476
I think you're going down the wrong way. I'd say put in a really fucking weird fetish, one that no-one could actually masturbate to, not something shocking because someone WILL get off to it.
Think the usual fetish for the state of Ohio, viruses, symmetrical tiles, noble sacrifice, delitization.
>>
>>29003523
dont forget folding
>>
File: fearofgod.gif (989KB, 241x146px) Image search: [Google]
fearofgod.gif
989KB, 241x146px
>>29003536
>protein folding fetish
>>
File: xTSGx porn.gif (704KB, 282x158px) Image search: [Google]
xTSGx porn.gif
704KB, 282x158px
>>29003544
>>
File: cl-1_22_50.png (1MB, 2440x1437px) Image search: [Google]
cl-1_22_50.png
1MB, 2440x1437px
>>28959659
>Tfw deleting 3000 words at once
it was garbage anyway.
>>
>>29003476
Holy shit. That shit makes necro look tame.
>>
>>29003523
Sure, someone in this fucked up world might, but what are the chances of such a person coming across this story?

Now, if we want to add to the creep factor, we need to give off a sense that the *author* is getting off to it.

>>29003669
Worst part is, my brain is full of this crap.
>>
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/355330/1/love-attempts

This is quite possibly one of the worst things I have ever read. Up there with "Equestrians Human Spirit" and "Keep Living for Friendship".

I need a way to warm up for procrastinate on this thing I'm writing, so I'm just going to riff the first chapter of this, and you guys can tell me whether you want me to stop or riff it some more tomorrow.
>>
File: Untitled.png (188KB, 853x579px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
188KB, 853x579px
>>29003838
>one of the worst things I have ever read
why would you have started reading it on the first place?
>>
>>29003849
I figured it would be so bad that it would be hilarious.

So far, I have been disappointed. It's not "so bad it's good", just bad.
>>
>>29003849
>all those tags
God damn. This reinforces my desire to only write stories whose tags look aesthetically pleasing together.
I actually went and put the tags next to a color wheel because the alternative is to be productive and make some progress on my neglected stories.
>>
>>29003981
>thriller
>horror
>scifi
yet no
>eqg
>2nd person
>anthro
>human

if youre going to waste time, waste as much time as possible
>>
>>29004014
See the thing is I'm never going to write and EqG, 2nd person, Antho, or Human story, so I didn't even bother.
>>
>>29004014
Fine, just because you asked.
>>
//------------------------------//
// Chapter 1: Introduction // Story: Love Attempts// by TheLoneHero17//------------------------------//

>You sat there paying attention to Mr. Cranky Doodles lesson on scientific equations. To be more specific, equations involving force, mass, acceleration and whatnot.
So... physics. It's called physics.

>Although it was hard focusing on his lesson when your crush was sitting beside you.
Wait, so am I paying attention, or am I not?

>Rarity
>Her indigo hair, pure white skin and best of all, those sapphire blue eyes that screams out BEAUTIFUL!
It's a good thing her eyes aren't screaming in the middle of a physics lesson. That could get awkward.

>Sadly she doesn't feel the same way about you but that doesn't stop you from trying.
Oh, boy...

>Ever since the day you first asked her out with the result of rejection you have tried multiple times to win her heart. So you always started out seeing Rarity during Science class with the occasional flirting.
It's unfortunate that I neglected to learn basic social skills before trying my hand at flirting.

>Speaking of flirting with her in Science.....
>"Pssst! Rarity." You whispered elbowing her softly.
Someone should teach me to keep my elbows to myself.

>She grunted in annoyance obviously trying to ignore you. Rarity has asked Mr. Cranky Doodle to change lab partners because of your "immature behavior" to which he told her that he can only switch seats if the matters were serious.
You'd think that your lab partner being an autistic creep who makes inept attempts at flirting with you in class was a serious enough matter.
>>
>"Rarity." You smoothly cooed watching Rarity turning her head the other way.
>"Rarity!" You said a little louder also catching the attention of the people behind you.
This is flirting.

>Still no reaction from Rarity.
Evidently, this sort of thing happens pretty regularly.

>'Looks like I have to step it up.' You thought smirking widely at what you're going to say next.
"You're actually in a bad self-insert fanfic where the author's trying to convince the reader that he's the author."

>"Rarebear." You slowly said earning a few chuckles from the other students.
The other students are jerks.

>Rarity on the other hand wasn't so amused.
Sort of goes without saying, but since we're autistic, I guess we need to stay aware of these things.

>"What is it darling?" She bitterly hissed at you.
"I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico."

>You just smiled leaning your chair to the table behind you and placed your elbow on the table trying to look presentable to her.
Looking presentable is kind of a lost cause at this point.

>Looking up at the board you saw that Mr. Cranky Doodle was doing an equation on gravity.
But what is he doing now?

>"Even if there wasn't gravity on earth, I'd still fall for you."
This is flirting, guys. Also, haven't I fallen for her already? Isn't that the whole point of this ridiculous story?

>You teased making Rarity groan at your horrible joke that most peers around you laughed at.
Whether or not that laughter is at my expense, I will never know. Thanks, Trump.

>"Is there something funny that I should know about?" The wigged headed teacher asked causing all the students to point at you.
Lies! If I were funny, I'd have come up with a decent joke.

>"Ah yes the student with the immature behavior is responsible for this." You chuckled not feeling intimidated by the teacher.
I probably can't even tell that the teacher doesn't appreciate my comedic genius.
>>
>>29004039
Were you planning on a dark tragi-romcom mystery horror thriller crossover?
No one tag is more or less autistic than any other
>>
>"Oh you think this is funny?" Mr. Cranky Doodle continued. "Why don't you tell us the answer to this equation...Chuckles?"
>'Chuckles? That's a new one' You thought as you looked at the problem. Meanwhile Rarity grinned evily believing that you won't answer the problem correctly.
Because Rarity is the type of gal who thinks everyone bases their self respect on solving two bit physics equations.

>Find the force due to gravitation acting on two bodies of mass 2 Kg and 5 Kg separated by the distance 5cm?
>"The solution to that problem is 2.668 × 10-7 N." You replied confidently much to the shock of Mr. Cranky Doodle.
>"T-that's correct....well done."
Funny thing is, the author probably looked up the answer on an online calculator. Or it's wrong. I can't be assed to fine out.

>Mr. Cranky Doodle stuttered making all the students stare at you in disbelief.
"Disbelief" isn't quite the word we're looking for.

>However you weren't going to let this slide.
Because a teacher successfully teaching the curriculum to the kids is so embarrassing.

>"What's the matter teach? Aren't you going tou-pee any attention as to how I answered that? Am I right guys?" You finished off which lead to the entire class laughing including Rarity. Mr. Cranky Doodle didn't find your "toupee joke" funny at all.
I get the feeling that nobody else did, either.

>You looked at the horde of laughing students and particularly noticed a pink haired girl laughing louder than anyone else. Once the two of you made eye contact she looked away slightly blushing while you sat there confused before shrugging it off.
Little did I know that Cheese Sandwich was sitting directly behind me, putting bunny ears on the back of my head.
>>
>Once the laughter died down Mr. Cranky Doodle went back to teaching boring physic related problems. Not wanting to waste 10 minutes of your time you pulled out your sketch book and started sketching your greatest work of art yet.
Hopefully, it's better than this fanfic.

>"Hey Rarity can you turn around for a sec?" Due to your earlier joke she happily obliged your request by facing you with that perfect smile of hers.
Glad to see she's taking that whole "creepy autistic stalker" thing in stride.

>Taking a mental picture of the scene you thanked her and went back to sketching.
>DING!!!!!
The sound I make when I take mental pictures.

>The bell rung meaning that it was time for lunch. This also meant that it was time for phase two of your almighty plan to win Rarity's heart.
Almighty? I failed a bunch of times before already. You'd think "almighty" wouldn't be used to describe abject failure.

>You causally strolled out of class and made your way to the Cafeteria
>Once there you waited in line for your food. Granny Smith always makes the best dessert that would cheer you up when your down.....so it's pretty often.
Dessert being a thing that's served with lunch.

>"Hey there Mrs. Smith! What's for lunch today?" You questioned.
>"Well if it isn't my favorite student...." She stopped herself before sheepishly smiling at you.
First Pinkie Pie, then Rarity, now Granny Smith? Forget stealing all the waifus. We're stealing anything that walks on two legs. Or four, for that matter.

>"Well besides my three grandchildren, hope you don't mind being fourth."
We're already a granny-fucker, so why not be an incestuous granny-fucker to boot?
>>
>"Not at all Mrs. Smith, family always come first after all." She nodded in agreement and started to serve you today's lunch. Vegetable Stew, always a preferable healthy meal.
Vegetable stew? What's in this stuff anyway? On second thought, I don't want to know.

>You thanked Mrs. Smith and went off to your usual table.....alone.
Probably because we don't just grab the pizza and ranch sauce like a normal kid.

>The fact that you sat alone from everyone didn't bother you as much as it should have. It always gave you time to think in peace.
Yes, it's too bad I don't use that time to think about getting social skills.

>While you were eating your stew, the taste reminded you of the stew that your late mother would make. One thought lead to the next and before you knew it a tear went down your face.
Of course, given how her son turned out, I'd say she's better off.

>Everyone saw you as that person who was always happy, looking at the bright side of bad situations. You chuckled.
Really? Because evidently, everyone sees us as that creep who leers over Rarity and disrupts classroom lessons with terrible jokes. Like a creepy clown, but unfunny.

>'If only they knew.'
>Wiping the tears of your face you forced yourself to smile so no one will say anything.
You'd think some idiot who smiles all the time would be considered *less* normal than someone who emotes like a regular human being.

>Looking down at your watch you found out that lunch was nearly over. You must've really been deep in thought.
Or the author couldn't be bothered to pace lunchtime properly.
>>
>Looking at the table at the middle of the cafeteria was Rarity talking with her friends. You remembered a few weeks ago when they hated each others guts. Now they act like nothing has ever happened.
Come, now. I'm sure there's more going on in their lives than in mine.

>What's even more strange is that the Sunset Shimmer is sitting among them.
>Just thinking about her makes your blood boil. Sunset doesn't deserve friends, she made everyone's life a living hell.
Yes, because a petty school bully who can't use Photoshop and doesn't even have her own posse is just Satan on Earth, isn't she?

>Most say what she did to you was worser than anyone else to which you agreed with. Never in your life would you ever forget that day.
What did she do? Call me a creep? Because that's called being honest.

>Sunset Shimmer, the new addition to the table made it harder for you to sit at. Part of the reason why you're at this table. Even with Sunset Shimmer at the table you still need to follow Phase two of your master plan.
>Sighing, you emptied your tray by the nearest trash can and made your way to her table. Maybe this time will be different, or not.
Not very considerate of our lover/grandmother, are we?

>'Here we go again....Attempt Number Twenty Two.'
An "almighty" "master" plan that fails OVER TWENTY TIMES. LOL!

Well, that's it. Continue the riff tomorrow?
>>
>>29004102
>The other students are jerks.
Nah, I would probably grab some popcorns too at the creepy guy's antics.

He's not a complete douche, just socially misguided and mildly annoying.

>But what is he doing now?
Science, anon! Gravity ... stuff. Aren't you following?
m = m0 / sqrt(1 - v2 / c2)

>Whether or not that laughter is at my expense, I will never know. Thanks, Trump.
It definitely is.
>>
>>29004115
>First Pinkie Pie, then Rarity, now Granny Smith?
Wait, when was Pinkie mentioned?
>>
>>29004169
>You looked at the horde of laughing students and particularly noticed a pink haired girl laughing louder than anyone else
Of course, it could've been Fluttershy. Or an OC with pink hair. But let's just assume it's Pinkie for now.
>>
>>29004125
Moral of the story? No matter how much autism you inject daily, tell one good joke and you'll drown in pussy. It's THAT easy.
I'd like you to continue, riffs are fun. And judging from the trigger warnings, this fic still has something to offer.
>>
>>29004103
I only use one or two tags at most per story.
I just have no interest in Equestria Girls or Human, much less anthro.
And I should say I'm never going to write a 2nd person story again, since I wrote one back in '13. It sucked.
>>
Anyone here have a good recommendation for a fanfiction that introduces culture clashes between humans and ponies. Something similar to xenophilia maybe? (It can be clop)
>>
>>29004889
Project Sunflower, maybe.

Or if you're specifically looking for clop and HiE/PiE, I guess Five Score's mature version.
>>
>>29004935
Read both of those and loved both of them as well. Still need to catch up on Project Sunflower's sequel
>>
>>29005002
Alright, I haven't read all that much HiE/PiE so it's a bit of a stretch, but I can think of Article 2, Arrow 18, Celestia sleeps In and the second part of Anthropology (even though the first part is infinitely better).
>>
File: Why.jpg (87KB, 900x846px) Image search: [Google]
Why.jpg
87KB, 900x846px
Is there any story that deals with reverse cuckoldry?

As in, a mare stealing another mare's stallion.
>>
>>29003602

I know this feel. I have written 10,000 word stories that were under 4000 words when they were finally ready to publish.

I've never yet had a fic where I looked back and wished I left all that stuff in, but fuck if it doesn't hurt to look at five pages in the middle of your story and realize it all has to go.
>>
>>29004110
>Find the force due to gravitation acting on two bodies of mass 2 Kg and 5 Kg separated by the distance 5cm?
>"The solution to that problem is 2.668 × 10-7 N." You replied confidently much to the shock of Mr. Cranky Doodle.

It's funny, because this is impressive, but probably not for the same reason the author thinks it is. Knowing how to solve for gravitational force is trivially easy (literally just plug-and-play into the default formulation, no need to even rearrange any terms), but actually being able to calculate G/25 instantly is actually pretty difficult and is a reasonably impressive feat of arithmetic.
>>
>>29006751
Yeah, I'd have to think for a few seconds just to make sure I had the exponent right. And that's assuming I had the gravitational constant memorized, which I don't.
>>
>>29004159
>He's not a complete douche, just socially misguided and mildly annoying.
can google physics answers and thinks hes clever and smooth

I shouldnt have to point this out, but its a self insert
>>
>>29007768
>I shouldnt have to point this out, but its a self insert
No shit, sherlock. What was your first clue?
>>
>>29008031
well its a story on fimfiction about a guy lusting after horsepeople...
>>
>>29002403
>Canada taking a full day of China's secretary of state
That's different, though. British Columbia might as well be called Chinese Columbia at this point.

And when was the last time Trudeau and Jinping flew from Ottawa to Perth to watch a circus? Such personal state visits like Saddle Arabia's are usually reserved for close or influential allies or people with, say a fuckton of oil, you're trying to smooze with.

>>29002605
>I never wrote a diaper story
Fetishes usually orbit each other. Have you done any embarrassment/humiliation fetishes before? Or helplessness?

>>29002668
>turn the story into a trollfic
Have fun with the downvotes.

>>29003586
If you're going to post a fetish picture, make sure it's mlp related, like this one. Although that one is a classic.

>>29003849
>gore
>dark
>second person
>romance
You only have yourself to blame for clicking on the first chapter.
>>
>>29008115
If you're going for "weird cartoon fetish", there's always blueberry, heart throb, stretching, cooking, pancaking, etc.
Though I bet someone's going to masturbate to every one of those.
>>
>>29003356
Diaper vore.

...Fuck, I bet that'd still be popular.
>>
Page 10
>>
>>29009573
I blame diaper vore.
>>
>>29009579
I blame McCarthy.
>>
>>29009580
I blame society
>>
// Chapter 2: Attempt #22// Story: Love Attempts// by TheLoneHero17//------------------------------//
>"What's up girls!" You called out catching the attention of the six girls. You could hear Rarity groan as she banged her head on the table.
She was ecstatic about us just a few moments ago. I guess the comedic high that our genius joke gave her wore off.

>For a split second your expression went somber until you shook it off.
>'Keep your smile on'
If only I had some Gorilla Glue.

>You sat down next to Rarity making her groan louder. You faked a chuckle while the rest of the girls stared at you puzzled.
Hey, I'd also find a guy who smiles all the time to be odd. Assuming I have him the time of day, of course.

>"Aww come on Rarity, you know you're glad to see me." Rarity kept her head down hoping that you would go away. It takes a lot more than that to steer you away. So you decided to make small talk with the others.
"It'll take more than that for me to get steered away!" he says as he gets steered away.

>"Rainbow Dash." Ah yes the captain of every sports team, also known as your former enemy.
Aww. Why? What did dear little Dashie do? Oh, wait, the author will tell us shortly.

>Back then the two of you were best friends until soccer tryouts. You both "auditioned" for the role of captain and crushed everyone else wanting to be captain as well.
You'd think being oblivious to the most basic social cues would mean being oblivious to the things happening on a soccer field.

>The coach couldn't decide which one of you to choose so he placed You in a match against Rainbow Dash. Long story short you beat her 5-2. But the coach chose her over you saying that Rainbow showed more determination. Like, what the heck?
This might just be wild speculation, but I think he just didn't want the leader of a sports team to be a socially clueless retard. Wacky idea, isn't it?
>>
>Needless to say you were pissed off. You won that game fair and square yet he picked her.
Author complains about "fair and square", but it's his call in the first place. You want authority, but you can't respect the authority of others? No wonder he made Dash the team captain.

>Since she was your best friend you congratulated her. The coach still give you a position on the team which you graciously accepted.
So graciously that we decided to hold a grudge up until this very moment.

>The first game came around and Rainbow Dash was a complete ball hog. Every time the ball came to you she came at the last second and snatched it from you. You were okay with it until it happened all throughout the game.
Yawn. Enough with the poorly written exposition. Get to the poorly written gore and poorly written smut already.

>The other players tried to pass it to you knowing full well that you can score a goal easily. Whenever Rainbow Dash "stole" the ball from you she would miss every kick. It got up to a point where you took off your jersey and left the game.
Because guys who throw off their shirts and storm out of the field like small children are excellent leadership material.

>Since then you ignored her presence every time she came up to you. That was until now.
>"H-hey d-d-dude." Rainbow Dash nervously said extending her hand towards you. You noticed how shaky her arm was so you decided to have a little fun with her.
Sex time now?
>>
>"What's the matter Dash? Still sore over the loss?" She gasped making her arm wobble even more.
Why is her arm wobbly? Is she having a seizure?

>You took her hand and shook it firmly. "I see your grip hasn't changed a bit since the last time we squared off."
Because shaking hands is what people do when they have hostile confrontations.

>You released her hand and turned to the next person.
>"Applejack." One of Mrs. Smith's grandchildren, you know her pretty well because of the days where you help clean after the cafeteria.
Another reason why we sit alone at lunch.

>Applejack and Mrs. Smith often invited you to their farm where you met their other siblings.
They, like everyone else the author likes, have the hots for us.

>"Well howdy there partner! It's been too long since we last talked ya know?" Her southern accent is one of the best features about her other than her hat.
"They remind me of that Jesse toy I used to masturbate to in middle school. Porn was hard to get back then."

>"Likewise my friend." You replied turning to the next person.
>"Hey there Fluttershy." You greeted causing Fluttershy to hide behind her hair. Typical.
She's probably covering her nose from our putrid breath.

>There was no point trying to talk to her so you turned to the next perosn.
>"Hey there....." You stared at the unfamiliar girl before realizing that she was the pink haired girl from Science Class. "I don't think we met before." You introduced yourself and waited for her to do the same.
>"I-I'm R-Pinkie Lie-Pie!" Geez, she's more shyer than Fluttershy.
>"Hi Rpinkie Liepie!"
See? I told you it was Pinkie Pie. I should've bet fifty dollars on it.
>>
>You said causing everyone to chuckle while Rpinkie Liepie ran out the doors.
Wait, are we actually convinved that she's Rpinkie Liepie? We're the most gullible second person protagonist of all time.

>Though you could've sworn that her cheeks were dark crimson.
Dark crimson being a color that cheeks naturally change to.

>You laughed as you ignored the last person at the edge of the table
How rude.

>and turned your attention back to Rarity.
>"I feel like your trying to ignore me Rarity".
>"That's because I'm trying to darling."
Can't say I blame her.

>"Well....you're talking to me aren't you?" You queered
Hahaha what? Queered? Is that even a word?

>ticking off Rarity. "My offer still stands you know." This caught her attention, she stared at you with a serious gaze.
>"I said it once and I'll say it again. The answer is NO."
Wah, wah.

>Attempt 22 Failed
Our almighty, master plan, everyone.

>While most around the table were perplexed you sighed sadly as another attempt failed.
>"Well there's always tomorrow." You switched to your cheerful expression. "See ya later Rarebear!"

>You got up and headed through the doors wondering just what are you doing with your life.
If only we weren't retarded. Then our wondering might actually help somehow. Like making us not project our failures on a high school spinoff of a toy franchise for six year old girls.

>"Wwwhat was that all about Rarity?" Applejack questioned.
Looks like AJ's just as oblivious as we are.

>"Nothing. Just...nothing."
Looks like we get to have another date with Rosie Palms this Saturday.

That's chapter 2. I hope chapter 3 isn't quite as boring as this one.
>>
>>29010280
>I hope chapter 3 isn't quite as boring as this one.
The options are either boring, or pants-on-head retarded.
I don't think either is preferable
>>
>>29010280
This guy's great I can't wait for his suicide attempt
See kids, learn to spot the signs, if someone is this autistic, take the bullet for the team before he goes full Rodger and gives out bullets for everyone.
>>
>>29011453
I mean, one of those options provides a more entertaining riff, so I know what I'm rooting for.
>>
File: 1444501628860.png (271KB, 496x585px) Image search: [Google]
1444501628860.png
271KB, 496x585px
Anyone can recommend me a good story about a mare masturbating?
Lookin' for quality here, folks. I need it for research purposes.
>>
>>29012823
http://pastebin.com/tJM4RnK6 (part 1)
http://pastebin.com/VtwrM0RR (part 2)
>>
>>29012823
Actually, yes:
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/342296/red-satin-sheets
>>
>>29010263
>>The first game came around and Rainbow Dash was a complete ball hog. Every time the ball came to you she came at the last second and snatched it from you. You were okay with it until it happened all throughout the game.
>Yawn. Enough with the poorly written exposition. Get to the poorly written gore and poorly written smut already.
It's also poorly written football tbsmhfam
>>
>>29013202
>>29013209
Thanks a bunch, Anons.
>>
>>28996271
He's too busy narrating sad endings to SJW webcomics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PLzTJYI-TU

>>29008749
>Diaper vore
Now, do you mean somebody just eating a diaper, or a diaper eating somebody?
>>
>>29013596
>Now, do you mean somebody just eating a diaper, or a diaper eating somebody?

How about both? Ouroboros fetish porn when?
>>
>>29013666
>Ouroboros fetish porn when?

Well Satan, you reminded me of someone I ERP with on occasion, she sexualized the ouroboros creature at the end of RE5

Is that you?
>>
>>29013695
Nah, that's not actually my fetish. I can't get off to vore.
>>
>tracking over fifty stories
>they've all been slowing down
>been a week since a single one updated
This is it lads.
This is hell
>>
>>29013772
>just one week
Anon, I have news for you...
>>
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/356426/little-sapling

Twilight finds a small sapling, the offsping of the tree that once was the Golden Oaks Library.

Sounds like it could be quite a feelstrip, right? Well, don't worry, because the author is going to squander the potential by making the first two thirds of the story be pseudo philosophycal wanking about sadness and the last third is the rest of the M6 having flanderized lines of dialogue before eveything gets tied up in a neatly bow.

Did I mention this is only 12 hundred words long? Kinda makes me want to see this concept expanded and better executed...
>>
>>29013916
Just read All The Mortal Remains by Cold in Gardez. The best story about Twilight losing her tree out there.
>>
>>29013945

AtMR is good, but Heart Is Where the Home Is is the best post-tree fic.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/190006/heart-is-where-the-home-is

Skywriter includes meta themes so well, without ruining the story with them.
>>
>>29013916
>Kinda makes me want to see this concept expanded and better executed.
That seems to be a running theme. welcome to fimfiction
>>
Anyone remember Spooky Scary Stories?
>>
>>29014051
The only spooky scary stories I'm aware of are PMB's Lovecraft readings.
>>
Why are so many stories written in first person? Is it easier to write?
>>
>>29008615
>weird cartoon fetish
You forgot wildtakes, freezing, .fattening/inflation (which is basically what blueberry is), and, of course, shape change.

Pancaking, or "disking," is already a subcategory of flattening.

>>29013666
What about someone transforming into a diaper and then getting eaten? A sort of Pica/Diaper/Transformation/Vore abomination against mankind.

>>29013772
>not having a RL backlog of 1,200 stories to fall back on
And you call yourself a fanfic reader.

>>29014279
If I had to guess, I'd say authors think it's easier for readers to get to know a character that way, even though the story itself is supposed to be a 300k adventure fic and doesn't fit first person very well. The telltale sign is when it's written in past tense with basically omniscient narration--omniscient third person but the narrator happens to be the main character. Bonus points if it's played off as a "autobiography" or "story" the main character's telling.
>>
>>29014279
Because a great number of stories are Mary Sue stories. What better way is there to keep all the attention on the Sue than to give them a first person POV?

Because many authors have pretensions of being literary masterminds, so they think that things like unreliable narration and "quirky" first person POV are at the epitome of literary genius.

Because a lot of Young Adult genre fiction is told from the first person, and since Fimfic authors would be among the crowd who enjoys that schlock, it stands to reason that they would attempt to emulate it.

Because all too many authors haven't read a real book since the day they discovered Sparknotes, so they think the only way to have scenes (or even entire stories) focus on the POV character is to have that character also be the narrator.
>>
Speaking of first person, how do I stop using filter words? I'm feeling like I'll have to write them while drafting and then go back and remove them all.
>>
>>29013596
>Now, do you mean somebody just eating a diaper, or a diaper eating somebody?

I would think the diaper would eat the wearer, because even it would be disgusted by diaper fetishists.
>>
>>29014857
What do you mean by 'filter words'?
>>
>>29014945
I saw the dog, it was brown with white socks. I thought it was very cute, almost too cute.

Vs

The dog was brown with white socks. It was very cute, almost too cute.

First one puts a filter between the reader and the character so it's the reader looking at the character looking at things and the second is what the character sees.

I can't write with the second directly it seems. I do the first then edit it to become the second. Is it just a practice until you don't suck sort of thing?
>>
>>29014978
If you keep a consistent POV, it will generally be assumed that any statement you make as the narrator will be a thought of the POV character. With your example, it will be assumed that the character thinks the dog is cute because you said it was cute.

If there's any confusion in this, you can be assured that you fucked up the POV. There's also a chance that the reader is retarded, but that level of stupidity is rare even on Fimfiction.

And really, there's nothing wrong with putting in extraneous "filter words" in the first draft as long as you edit them out later. The first draft is for you, and for you only.
>>
>>29014629
>not having a RL backlog of 1,200 stories to fall back on
>And you call yourself a fanfic reader.
He said he was tracking 50 stories, no that 50 fics were all that he had on his plate

only 5 of the 37 fics I'm tracking have updated in the last month and 3 of those were only tracked in lieu of dropping them.

Though honestly I feel like I'm running low on shit to read. most of the stuff left on my shelves is either incomplete or things that I've repeatedly failed convince myself to pull the trigger on
>>
File: 325235235.gif (214KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
325235235.gif
214KB, 360x360px
>>28959659
What are some good Twilight fics?
>>
>>29015912
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/3378/the-moonstone-cup
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/141549/the-celestia-code
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/68128/three-hundred-and-fifty
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/67362/hard-reset
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/22706/aurora
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/13565/naked-singularity
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/67042/the-traveling-tutor-and-the-librarian
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/57463/twilight-sparkle-night-shift
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/7531/eyes-on-you
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/230072/twilight-sparkle-of-the-royal-guard
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/229453/all-the-mortal-remains
>>
>>29016056
I can second most of those recommendations, those are pretty good tastes.
>>
// Chapter 3: Attempt #23// Story: Love Attempts// by TheLoneHero17//------------------------------//

The following day

First off, I'd just like to thank the author for making these chapters so short. If they were of a decent length, I'd probably have to break each chapter into two or three parts.

>DING!!!!!
Pot brownies are done?

>"Hallelujah! Math
No pot brownies? Too bad. Would've made this fanfic a bit more readable.

>is finally over!" You shouted running out of Ms. Cheerilee's math class.
Someone forgot to tell us to use our indoor voice.

>All these complicated numbers and square roots are impossible.
Thanks for admitting that you looked up that last physics problem on Google, author.

>Next up Science Class.
You know the class is remedial when it's just called "Science", not anything an actual high school science class would be called.

>The only class that you get to see Rarity minus lunch.
That doesn't give us the excuse to sperg out every time we see her.

>Today is a new day and a new day meant another attempt to woo Rarity.
We just never learn, do we?

>You pulled out your sketchbook and wrote down the following words.
>Attempt #23
Wow, we put down a log of this shit? The fact that we keep making the same mistakes over and over again just got even more pathetic.

>Closing the sketchbook you quickly made your way to Mr. Cranky Doodles class not wanting to get your 3rd tardy. 3 tardies meant detention, such a stupid rule.
It's not stupid. It makes sure that tardies aren't as worthless as this story.
>>
>DING!!!!
>The bell rung just as you stepped foot in the classroom.
>"Your late." The toupee teacher said sternly.
The toupee teacher? What happened to the science teacher?

>"Technically both my feet were in the room before the bell rung so I'm not late." You declared knowing all the rules this school has.
You had one foot in the room, asshat. In any case, most schools make it a rule that you have to be SEATED before the tardy bell rings, so you're still way off the mark.

>You bested the teacher twice this week.
If by "bested" you mean "mildly annoyed", then sure.

>"Fine....just go take your seat."
He said, considering his paycheck too small to warrant an argument with a retard.

>Pumping your fist in the air you took your seat beside Rarity. Just as you did Rarity shifted herself away from you bringing down your mood.
You'd think the guy would be used to this by now.

>Today's been a rough day for your tastes
...I don't want to know what this guy does with his tongue in his spare time.

>anyways so you decided to skip the flirting.
Rarity's clear distress at our constant harassment doesn't even phase us, but being just a teeny bit bummed out makes us stop entirely. Good to know.

>"Alright students today we will be learning about Newtons laws of motion. Can anyone tell what they are?"
Who's willing to bet the author couldn't?

>Seriously? Everyone should've known this by now and yet they're still teaching it.
One could say the same for you and just about every rule of basic social conduct imaginable.

>To pass the time you once again took out your sketchbook and turned to a specific page. This drawing consists of your parents...oh how you missed those days. The drawing was still incomplete because you couldn't find it in your heart to see it.
Or because we were too lazy to finish what's very likely a couple of stick figures with shoddy anime eyes.
>>
>"I miss you guys." You whispered admiring your drawing. You grabbed your fathers special pencil and drew like your life depended on it.
>"Darling."
>"Darling."
>"Darling!" You snapped out of your artistic trance
You misspelled "autistic", author.

>and looked at Rarity.
>"What is it?" You asked annoyed that she made you lose focus of your sketching.
Why are we annoyed? You'd think this guy would love Rarity finally giving him some attention.

>Rarity seemed taken back at your sudden behavior which was lacking it's happiness.
I'd wager it was our bad breath.

>"I'm waiting." She impatiently replied.
>"For what?!"
"For you to come out of the closet already so you don't have to pester me anymore."

>Mr. Cranky Doodle heard you talking and asked you to step out of the classroom. You shot Rarity an angry look before grabbing your things and walking out the classroom. Not before you slammed the door shut.
Acting about ten years under his age seems to be this guy's MO.

>"Fuck this shit!"
Something I'm half-tempted to say to this fanfic right now.

>You yelled kicking a random locker out of rage.
Good thing our legs are so weak, or we'd be in trouble for damaging public property.

>Mr. Cranky Doodle heard you from inside and told the class to wait. Then he stepped out of the classroom and confronted you.
>"That behavior is highly inappropriate!
It is.

>Go to the principals office NOW!" He shouted causing you to flinch. You've never seen him this mad before. Grumbling, you nodded taking your stuff and headed towards Principal Celestia's offfice.
>Seeing the door titled: Principals Office, you kicked the door open catching Principal Celestia by surprise.
We may be retarded, but at least we know how to make an entrance.
>>
>"Out of everyone in the entire school I didn't expect you here."
Why not? The guy is a stalker and an autist. The fact that he didn't end up in your office sooner is actually kind of impressive.

>As if you cared, you told her what occured during Science and why you were sent here.
Or, rather, we told her complete bullshit.

>"With this new information I don't see any reason to punish you for something you didn't do."
Yes, believe the mentally handicapped child over the guy who's clearly had enough of this shit. And the thirty-odd witnesses who you could call over at any time.

>"Exactly!" You shouted raising your hands in the air.
What a little shit.

>"Oh sorry for my rude attitude Principal Celestia today has been rough." You apologized rubbing the back of your neck.
>"Really? If you don't mind can you tell me what's on your mind?"
"I make Vice Principal Luna do all my paperwork anyway, so I can spare the time."

>No point from keeping this a secret. Besides it'll be for the best, especially when someone is actually offering to hear out your problems.
>"I don't see a problem with that." You pulled out your sketchbook and hesitantly turned to that page and showed it to the principal. "These were my parents before they....passed, they got into a car accident on they're way to pick me up from school."
Ah, the car accident. The go-to method of parricide for brony fanfic writers everywhere.
>>
>"Oh, I'm very sorry to hear about that." She
sarcastically
>solemnly adressed. "I must say I love this drawing.
Bullshit.

>How did you learn to draw like that?" She asked admiring your drawings.
>You chuckled. "Heh, my dad taught me how to do realistic drawings when I was 10, judging by your reaction he did a great job teaching."
Or she's trying to not make you act out in another fit of tard rage.

>"Your father must've been a great person.
He couldn't have been. He raised a retard.

>Just remember not to let your emotions rage out." She warned giving you back your sketchbook.
>"I'll try Principal Celestia
I wonder if he'll make a log of all those failed attempts as well.

>.....thanks for the talk, I feel much better telling someone about this." you thanked her before walking out of her office.
>DING!!!!
>Well, there's the bell meaning class was already over.
Much to Mr. Doodle's relief.

>You changed your path and headed towards the cafeteria. You arrived early which means the line will be shorter.
>"Or no line at all." No line was seen so you walked over there and waited for Mrs. Smith to arrive.
>"Hello there deary!" Speaking of Mrs. Smith there she is right now. "How's your day going?"
>"I'll be honest with you, it hasn't been all that great."
Not all that great? We're lucky we weren't suspended.

>She raised an eyebrow wanting you to continue. "But I'm feeling much better now." You assured her.
>"If you say so, just to make sure I'll gave you a slice of apple pie." You perked up immediately at the sound of apple pie.
All this constant excitement over lunch and food. Who's willing to bet that the author is obese?
>>
>"Really?" She nodded placing the slice on your tray. "Wow! Thanks a bunch Mrs. Smith!" You happily walked over to your table. Life, always throwing the bad things at you and then owing it to you later. You sat there enjoying your slice of apple pie until....

>"Hello darling." You looked up to see Rarity and her friends setting their trays down on your table.
How rude.

>Your Table. You didn't appreciate the fact that they are just now sitting with you.
Someone should tell us to count our blessings.

>"In case you didn't know I like to sit....alone." You grimly informed them wanting to be alone like always.
>"That's part of the reason wh-"
>"Cut to the chase Rarity." You cut her off. "Unless it's out of pity I would like you girls to leave."
I like how even he is aware, on some level, of how pathetic he is.

>Rarity hung her head in shame knowing that she caused all of this in the first place.
Because your crush not appreciating your harassme- er, flirting, is far more traumatic than losing your parents in a car crash.

>Applejack decided to speak up. "Hey calm down partner we just want to talk to ya."
>"Really." They all nodded but you were still tense. "You." You pointed a finger at Sunset Shimmer. "Leave."
Does this guy even KNOW how to be polite?

>"What? Why me?!" Did she really just ask that?
>"You know what you did."
Give the girl a break. She's been through more than you ever will and still comes out not as pathetic.

>Your fists started to clench out of anger. "Leave". Before you knew it she got her tray and went back to her own table.
And promptly went on Facebook with her smartphone to mock him behind his back.
>>
>"Good." Your whole body softened up, letting your shoulders slump down. Now with Sunset Shimmer out of the way you can finish up your apple pie. Grabbing a knife you carefully sliced off a piece of the pie, then you grabbed your fork and stabbed the pie before eating it blissfully.
Because factory-made frozen apple pie is so good, it makes you forget that your parents are dead.

>When you finished chewing the piece you noticed that the five girls were staring at you. "Well? If you want to talk to me then do it. I got places to be ya know."
Bullshit.
>"Why in tarnation were you eating like that?" Applejack asked as the rest listened on.
>"You got a problem with how I eat?!"
Might have something to do with that white goo dribbling out our pants.

>You half shouted which lead to Applejack raising both her hand in protest while shaking her head. "Good, geez you people act like eating properly is a problem. Now I insist, you better get to talking before I go."
Someone REALLY needs to tell us to count our blessings.

>"R-right...." Applejack stammered still taking in the effects of your scolding. "Well we want to ask you why you're such in a foul mood righ-"
>You interrupted the farm girl. "Uh, last time I checked that's my own business...not yours."
Really? Because we seemed to be pretty open with it with Celestia.

>Applejack was about to protest until Rarity raised her hand making her stop.
>"Darling I want to deeply apologize for my actions. It just felt weird when you didn't......you know." She looked at you hoping you would catch on.
>You didn't.
Of course we didn't.

>"When I didn't do what?" You questioned increasing Rarity's nervousness.
>"You know...."
>"I don't know."
>"......you know" She gulped anxiously. "Similar with the 'gravity joke' you made yesterday." That caught you by surprise. Rarity missing your flirting.
Likely because it gave her so much material to use for mocking us when we weren't around.
>>
>"Miss Rarity, do my ears deceive me? You hearing this Bpinkie?" Like yesterday Bpinkie Liepie
I have no words.
>fled from the table.
Hey, I'd get out of dodge, too. Anyone could see the awkward coming from a mile away.

>'Wierd, but whatever.'
>Feeling the happiness well up from your insides, you nonchalantly made your way to the seat beside Rarity. Sitting down you wickedly smiled at her. "You missed my....jokes didn't you? You could've just asked ya know."
Sure, she could have, but that would be really embarrassing.

>"N-no I d-di- oh forget it! Is there any way you could forgive me?" Just the perfect time to ask her out again.
Emotional blackmail is such a wonderful technique for sparking romance, isn't it?

>"You know my offer still stands...."
>"Anything except that."
LOL!

>Attempt #23 Failed
"Almighty" "master" "plan".

>".....darn it, well you can't blame a guy for trying. How about a hug then?" You asked hopefully.
>"Uhh I don't see a problem with that darling."
"Except maybe the stench it'll get on my clothes, but I have too much firewood at home, anyway."

>Score!
Kind of sad that a girl hugging you out of pity is considered a "score".

>You opened your arms out wide and waited. Looking at Rarity she seemed unsure as to what to do.
Probably having second thoughts about burning her clothes.

>You should help out with that.
>"Bring it in Rarebear!" You wrapped your arms around her and pulled Rarity closer to you. Soon after you could feel another pair of arms wrap around your side.
Except they weren't arms. They were tentacles. Not even Cthulu approves of this abomination to humanity.

>As you were enjoying the hug the beeping from your watch was heard meaning it was time to go!
'Literally saved by the bell,' Rarity thought.
>>
>When you tried to break the hug you felt yourself being pulled back by Rarity.
>"You can let go now." You blurted out not wanting to be late again. Slowly Rarity released the hug with a forced look on her face. Maybe she was trying to hide the fact that she liked it.
Or maybe she's wincing at the horrific odor.

>"I got to go!" You took the remainder of the apple pie and stuffed it in your pocket.
What a fucking fatass this author must be.

>"See ya later Rarebear!" You happily said as you jogged your way out of the cafeteria.
Jogging being something the author doesn't do very often.

>The remainder of the girls sat in silence. Rarity refused to make eye contact as she clutched her right arm witg her left hand while looking down at the floor. It was obvious to everyone at the table that Rarity was embarrassed.
Understandably so.

>"So....." Rainbow Dash muttered loudly enough breaking the silence. "....Rarebear huh?" This caused Rarity to tighten the hold on her right arm blushing faintly.
Because women choke their arms when they're embarrassed.

>"Give her a break Rainbow Dash. It's bad enough that her boyfriend teased her in front of us. Don't be rubbin' it in her face." Applejack thought she did the right thing defending her friend from Rainbow's shenanigans, but she made it worse.

>"B-boyfriend!?" Rarity shouted banging her fist on the table which caused Fluttershy to yelp. "As if! He isn't even my type!
If he were, I'd wonder how you managed to get a retard fetish.

>He's merely some guy testing my patience."
>"He's not your boyfriend? Ah'd be lying if Ah said that I didn't believe those rumors."
AJ knows that she's in a Mary Sue fic.
>>
>"What rum-"
Rum being one of many types of drinks that'd make this story more readable.

>Rarity was interrupted as Pinkie mysterious popped up behind the table and got all up on Rarity's face.
>"Soooo you're saying that he's single?" Pinkie Pie asked while the rest of the girls recovered from the scare.
Honestly, I'd be more surprised if he weren't.

>"In other words yes. Why do you ask?"
>"Noooo reason! Wellgottogoseeyougirlslater!" Pinkie Pie raced out of the cafeteria with a huge grin on her face leaving the others bewildered.
I'd also ask how Pinkie managed to get a retard fetish, but this is Pinkie Pie. Her fetishes are legion.

That's chapter 3. I'm kind of running out of material. If chapter 4 is as boring as this one, I might just call it quits on this riff.
>>
>>29016235
>f chapter 4 is as boring as this one
at least wat until the rape scene and subsequent suicide attempt.

or the rape attempt and subsequent suicide

either way that ought to be a lot of fun
>>
>>29016180
>>Today is a new day and a new day meant another attempt to woo Rarity.
>>Attempt #23
Wait, how long has he had a crush on Rarity if this is only his 23rd attempt? Even if he only has 'Science' Class two times per week, that's only two months.
>>
>>29016372
Because two months of getting rejected is not long enough to get a clue??
>>
>>29016188
>All these complicated numbers and square roots are impossible.
>"Alright students today we will be learning about Newtons laws of motion. Can anyone tell what they are?"

For some reason, all I can fixate on is the author's lack of understanding of the basic high school math/science curriculum. This guy is apparently a whiz at arithmetic, but struggles with "square roots" (what the hell unit in HS math focuses on square roots anyways?). And now they're learning Newton's Three Laws right after his Law of Universal Gravitation, instead of the other way around, which would be much more reasonable. Like, isn't the Third Law needed to understand Gravitation anyways?

I mean, everything else is terrible, but for some reason his inability to properly flavortext the classes really irks me.
>>
>>29016235
>as boring as this one
You call it boring, I call it cringe inducing.
>>
>>29016225
At least tell us what you're riffing about.
>>
>>29016624
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/355330/love-attempts
>>
>>29016627
Well tell us the fic when you riff here, it won't look as some Fimfag is posting his draft wanting it to be edited.
>>
>"Since I've gained these powers, I am skilled with those jewels, and for it, I've been rewarded by Filthy Rich and Timber, nothing but bankruptcy, scorn and mockery. Luckily, Since I'm seeking revenge, I'm not the only one who's with me. The alien ship, is waiting for the perfect time to destroy and take over the world, to make the world see what it truly is over than that awful rich alumni. As financial garbage. Which needs to be ridden of. When the countdown reaches it's end, the alien ship will arrive, to destroy and pester the living with me.", Gloriosa explains about her evil plot, as Garfield, Odie, Sunset, Elsa, Sci-Twi, Pooky and Spike does not like the sound of that.

Few chapters later...

>Back at the camp, Gloriosa/Gaia finally lands on top of the sundial camp gift, asking evilly with anger, "Why are you guys fighting me?! I'm doing this to save a camp! I'm doing this for you!", to the feared Rarity, Hawk-Arbuckle, Fluttershy, Scarlet Arlene, Rainbow Dash, Cuthor, Applejack, Vet Widow, Pinkie Pie, Cheese Vision, Spider-Man, Sage, Mal, Evie, Libby, Pewdiepie, Apple, Raven and the other secondary characters.

Gloriosa will always be an idiot.
>>
>>29017032
Is this Equestria Girls crossed over with Garfield?
>>
>>29017058
Yes. Also, from one movie ago...

>While Fluttershy was trying to shoot the bullseye while the other first half of the extra Wondercolt players prepare to aim at the target's bullseye, unfortunately, Sci-Twi and the dog were clumsy when they trip when jumping over a hay bale. Sour Sweet was angry, growling, until she is startled by Mal's voice.
>"Yoo-hoo!", Mal said to Sour Sweet, as she tries to distract her while on the other platform, as Fluttershy was still trying to shoot the bullsye.

A couple of chapters later...

>"And now Principal Cinch thinks we're cheating! ...How the heck are we cheating? How the heck are we cheating?! We were playing in our best efforts!", Garfield said then freaks out and calms down.
>>
>>29017032
This sounds like an... interesting story. Link?
>>
>>29017112
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12163989/1/Garfield-and-the-Equestria-Girls-4-Legend-of-Everfree-Parts-1-2

and

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11529254/1/Garfield-and-the-Equestria-Girls-3-Friendship-Games-Parts-1-2
>>
Shin publishing on a regular schedule again?!
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/255929/18/a-time-of-reckoning-seven-days-in-sunny-june-book-iv/august-12-am-suedehead

I'm scared
>>
>>28998981
So, did you write something?
>>
>>29017164
Yeah, it's great. Too bad nothing exciting happened, aside from that one scene in the restaurant where absolutely fucking everybody was behaving completely nonsensically. Fortunately, by the sound of the author's note, the next one will be up next week and will be a lot more interesting.
>>
>>29017816
I did but got discouraged for some reason. I'm sure I'll get to it soon. Or maybe I won't, cause I'm a lazy cunt.
>>
>>29017959
Do eet!
You don't want to let us down, do you?
>>
>>29017967
Why would anyone be looking forward to what some random anon has to write?
>>
>>29017979
T̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶

Because I have hopes it'll be more original than half the crap that gets posted on fimfic daily?
>>
>>29017989
so what would be unoriginal?
>>
>>29017999
Pony verbs a noun, cheap clop written by a virgin, yet another obvious self-insert, and other crackfics.
>>
What if we made the most unoriginal story ever?
>>
>>29018042
A My Little Dashie / Xenophilia crossover sequel
>>
>>29018022
I'd like to write something silent hillish but if I do that with a character from the show I'm afraid of not being able to write them correctly, and if I make an OC it could be yelled at for being
>yet another obvious self-insert
when I would rather not have that be the case at all.
>>
>>29018078
A guy cosplays as Nyx, and ends up getting transported to some town in bumfuck, USA where he actually becomes Nyx. He is later found by a socially inept loner, who takes him as his mate.
>>
>>29018097
Anon in equestria has Lyra's background curse and uses it to become badass and fuck all the bitches, then accidentally creates a nuclear bomb and it becomes fallout equestria for the next 10 million words.
>>
File: 141228.png (8KB, 345x118px) Image search: [Google]
141228.png
8KB, 345x118px
>see that one of my stories has been favorited
>feel brief moment of vindication knowing that someone enjoyed my shit
>click over to see what else he's favorited
>oh
>o-okay
>>
>>28959771
>xenophilia
But it's completely shit. How?
>>
>>29018527
That's not so bad!
There's something like 184482 stories total, so you're still in the top 10-15%
>>
File: Spr_GS_Youngster.png (1KB, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
Spr_GS_Youngster.png
1KB, 56x56px
>>29018539
>"Remember my super cool story? My story is different from regular stories. It’s like my story is in the top percentage of all FiMFiction."
>>
File: 1446124206058.jpg (55KB, 600x858px) Image search: [Google]
1446124206058.jpg
55KB, 600x858px
What are your favorite Luna\NMM fics? Any recommendations?
>>
>>29018591

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/19273/tonight-i-shall-be-laughter

A good, but very old, one. Pre-S2, but avoids all the emo Luna stuff that made most Luna fics back then unbearable.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/7335/apotheosis

Excellent Twiluna shipping, and even better worldbuilding. Technically a sequel, but stands pretty well alone aside from some flavor stuff around the edges.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/233681/funatics

Pure, delicious Celestia and Luna engaging in one-upsmanship for the simple fun of it.
>>
>end up sitting next to guy at social gathering
>guy it peeking into his phone the entire time
>browsing the web
>seems like a nice guy tho
>see that he has pone sites in his bookmarks, and that he has fimfiction open in a tab
>this is probably the first time that i've seen anyone use the site irl, want to comment
>try to act all casual
>"Hey, is that FimFiction?"
>"What?"
>he tilts the phone screen away
>"N-nothing."
>semi-awkward silence as i contemplate what i've just done
>realise that it's probably really weird for me to sit next to him and stare at his phone screen
>after a short while he shows me the phone, he's on fanfiction dot net
>i pretend that it was just a misunderstanding, even if i know what i saw
>kind of want to try to bring up pone so that we have something to talk about, but i know that's not a good idea
I should probably just not speak of minuscule horses IRL.
Still, it could be worse. This wasn't as bad as that time I complemented a guy's Touhou shit and he became really fucking uncomfortable. At least that wasn't really my fault.
>>
>>29018591
>What are your favorite Luna\NMM fics?
>Luna\NMM
>\
This is not okay

>Any recommendations?
The one from your pic, obviously.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/213853/the-gentle-nights-audience-of-one
Octavia/Luna shipfic, if I remember correctly it's Octavia POV but obviously Luna plays a major role.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/246579/luna-princess-of-space
Kind of wacky scifi thing

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/104440/transistance
More serious scifi thing

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/253955/the-lies-we-tell-to-children
Twilight is the main character here but Luna/NMM has a pretty big role.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/196256/the-moons-apprentice
Twilight prepares for Luna's return, LessWrong style
>>
File: Excuse me, what.jpg (40KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Excuse me, what.jpg
40KB, 720x720px
>>29018764
Never ever ever reveal your power level in public, Anonymous.
>>
File: DORKS.jpg (180KB, 900x348px) Image search: [Google]
DORKS.jpg
180KB, 900x348px
>>29018764
>not just going the dudebro route and calling them out with a "nice [incredibly specific fandom thing that no normie could ever possibly know], faggot"
Confusion will be my epitaph.
>>
>>29018591
Can't you just bump the thread like normal fucking people?
>>
>>29018536
Autism, I presume.
>>
>tfw my story finally got published
Now I just have to make sure I don't fuck the rest of it up by my awful writing

>>29019744
No
>>
So I havent done much writing lately and started getting back into it. Would anyone be so kind as to let me know how my story is coming along so far?https://www.fimfiction.net/story/353821/
>>
>>29014978
Interestingly enough, the second version works quite well in a third person narrative. It sort of seems like you're intentionally forcing the first person ("I saw" "I thought") when you're first writing it and then edit it down when you re-read and realize it sounds really stiff and awkward.

Try writing a scene in third person and see if there's any difference. If it ends up "he saw the dog. He thought it was cute." then it's probably just something you'll have to practice, whereas if it flows more naturally, it's likely more a struggle with the first person narrative.

>>29016056
8/10 taste. Would second or third most of those.

>>29018042
Twilight wakes up as an alicorn and panics while Fluttershy rescues anon from a Manticore in the Everfree Forest, before revealing to him she's actually a changeling. Dash sees them and crashes, breaking her wing and sending her spiraling into depression that only AJ, who's dealing with Granny Smith's homophobia, knows how to break. Pinkie joins in, revealing she's really a clone that escaped Twilight and has been struggling with depression and PTSD ever since..

Meanwhile, Rarity's in Canterlot golddigging when she discovers that Celestia's been corrupted by dark magic from NMM's armor and is plotting to teleport Equestria to another planet to take it over using magical radiation. The Griffon Empire, seeing Celestia's aggression, then launches an invasion while the dragons take advantage of the chaos and begin going on rampages.

They then go to Luna for help, only to discover she's actually a golem Celestia build in her grief after she killed the real Luna a thousand years earlier.

It would actually make for a pretty fun crackfic.

>>29018764
That was some tasty spaghetti, anon. That's almost as bad as me talking to my furry brother about MLP fanfics after he bought a pony shirt only for him to reveal he only bought it because he liked the design.
>>
File: Runatikku2-2_by_Pepushiso.jpg (550KB, 1276x1754px) Image search: [Google]
Runatikku2-2_by_Pepushiso.jpg
550KB, 1276x1754px
>>29020265
>They then go to Luna for help, only to discover she's actually a golem Celestia build in her grief after she killed the real Luna a thousand years earlier.
>>
>>29020723
What idiot layed this out from left to right
>>
>>29020728
The original artist, who I presume thought it would be appropriate for a Western subject, or is some kind of creepy comic otaku.
>>
>>29020010
Share your story here, Anon.
>>
>>29020265
Don't forget the twist ending where we find out it's all Spike's hallucinations as he deal with schizophrenia in a mental asylum.
>>
>>29016235
You can't stop now, I'm almost enjoying my anger!
>>
File: So just don't write at all..png (96KB, 684x728px) Image search: [Google]
So just don't write at all..png
96KB, 684x728px
Why aren't you writing, Anon?
>>
>>29021774
a combination of laziness and apathy
>>
>>29020265
>It would actually make for a pretty fun crackfic.
Couldn't be any worse than whats currently out there
>>
>>29022235
I wouldn't be surprised if it got featured ("""ironically""", of course)
>>
// Chapter 4: Attempt #24// Story: Love Attempts// by TheLoneHero17//------------------------------//

Ding!!!

>"Finally!" You groaned having grown bored if today's math lesson. Seriously, who the hell needs to know about slope?
Architects, engineers, graphic designers, take your pick. I guarantee they're all more successful with women than the author will ever be.

>Why couldn't Math be easy like Science?
Yet more proof that he's in a remedial science class.

>Speaking of Science it's that time of the day again.
>Attempt #24
>24th time a charm right?
It's actually a sad.

>Feeling confident enough you walked in Mr. Cranky Doodle's class and saw your future sole mate sitting by her lonesome.
I had no idea that we had a foot fetish. Thanks for telling us that.

>Of course the only exciting thing in her life right now is you.
Quite presumptuous of us, considering this horsewoman has been known to tussle with rampaging she-demons and fish-sirens.

>Chuckling, you ran your fingers through your jet black hair
Who's willing to bet we have an article of clothing that's red?

>and sat down in your seat. Although this time Rarity didn't move away from you like she always does.
>'I guess that's a start.'
I'd call it a red flag.
>>
>You thought as you began to pay attention to the teacher.
>"Alright class, today we will learn about.....Cells!"
Cells? Biology, already? What happened to the physics unit?

>He may have looked happy but deep down you knew he didn't like cells either.
Presumably because cells did something unspeakable to his mother when he was young.

>"Open your textbooks to page 467."
>Of course it had to be textbook work.
Still more entertaining than this fanfic.

>You lazily attempted to grab one of the stacked textbooks on the table. Just as your hand was on the top textbook you felt something warm coming from the top of your hand.
It was a tumor. A malignant tumor, that the second person protagonist promptly died from. The end. I wish.

>Following the source of the sudden warmth you found Rarity's hand on top of yours. Smirking cockily you turned to the eloquent teen who looked mortified of the outcome.
>"Rarity
You'd think a girl who does sewing and dressmaking as a pastime would have some basic control of her hands.

>if you wanted to hold hands you could've just asked....I don't mind." Step one complete! It couldn't have gone better even if it was an accident.
So this almighty, master plan, is reliant on complete accidents happening in order to progress. Is it any wonder we're at attempt #24 right now?

>Blushing madly, Rarity quickly lifted her hand away from yours and turned away.
>"Don't be like that Rarebe-"
>"Don't call me that! Just...pass me a text book will you?" Following Rarity's request you passed her a textbook and opened your own.
Wouldn't be surprised if he started scribbling his parents or his crush in the pages.
>>
>'Unicellular cells? Multicellular cells?
Yeah. Like the multileafed leaf, or the multiarmed arm. What a load of shit. It's quite the staggering achievement for a high school to be a diploma mill.

>Well at least it's something new.' You thought looking at page 467. Turns out today's lesson wasn't bad at all, it was interesting.
Your mom was interesting.

>At one point you saw Rarity laying her head down with the same exact hand that touched your under her head. Even more strange was seeing her nuzzle the hand with her cheek.
>"Hey chuckles! I'm talking to you!" Guess you've been staring to long at Rarity.
Pacing!

>"You know my name ain't chuckles right?" Who the hell calls their kid Chuckles anyways.
Maybe that's your actual name. I don't even know after four whole chapters of this crap. We get no characterization at all. The author was probably thinking, "Characterization? Motives? Backstory that isn't ripped straight from the Gary Stu handbook? Nah, fuck that. I'll make the reader the protagonist, instead! I am teh smurt."

>"It should be judging by your behavior.
Ironic, because all his attempts at humor fall flat on their faces; the only chuckles going on are at his expense.

>Are you going to answer the question or not?" What question?
>"Uhhh, can you say it again please?" You asked politely.
>"Since you said please." Mr. Cranky Doodle admired your manners.
I don't think it's admiration, as much as it is bewilderment at you not crouching over the desk with your pants pulled down and taking a dump on the textbook.
>>
>"What's the difference between an Unicellular organism and a Multicellular one."
>"Oh that's simple! A multicellular organism consists of multiple cells while an Unicellular organism is by its own."
This is taking place in a HIGH SCHOOL.

>"That's correct! Now let's turn to the next pa-"
>Ding!!!
>"Oh it seems like we ran out of time! We'll pick this up tomorrow." You including the rest of the class scurried out of the room and headed to the cafeteria. Once inside you took your place in line and waited until it was your turn.
>"Hello there deary how's it going today?" There's the one person who actually care about your day. You found it funny.
No, what would actually be funny is if it turned out Mrs. Smith didn't care, either. Which is far from unlikely.

>"It's actually going swell! Thanks for asking Mrs. Smith."
>"No problem dear." She placed a bowl of fruit salad on your tray. "Now go on and enjoy your meal!" As soon as you walked out of the line you spotted the six girls sitting at your table.
Because the first time wasn't unpleasant enough, it seems.

>Once again, Your Table!
Oooh, how dare those uncouth wenches sit on His Autistic Majesty's royal luncheon table without his royal permission! Such impudence.

>Sighing you took your tray and sat at a new table that's been empty for quite some time.
Because how is he supposed to illicit pity out of people for his emotional blackmailing when he has six cute girls sitting with him at lunch?

>It didn't take too long for them to notice your absence.
>"Heya Rarity where's your boyfriend? Heh heh" Rainbow Dash laughed as soon as she saw Rarity turn red.
Looking around the room for the man with the retard face is clearly not an option.

>"That wasn't nice at all Rainbow! How would you like it if we teased you too?" Rarity smiled at Applejack's attempts of silencing Rainbow Dash.
>"I wouldn't know cause I got nothing to do with him!"
As should be the case for every person on the face of the Earth.
>>
>Applejack pondered for a few seconds trying to recall what you have said two days ago.
Nice to see that Gary Stu can read minds.

>Then it came to her.
>"As Ah recalled two days ago he mentioned somthin' about you losin' to him. By the sound of it, it sounded like you got destroyed." The look on Dash's face told her everything.
Because that's how social cues work.

>"H-h-how do you know about that!?" She yelled causing students to stare at her in confusion.
>"Ah thought you got nothing to do with him." Busted.
Busted? By what I can gather from Rainbow's grammatically grotesque statement, she has nothing to do with him NOW. It says nothing about the past.

>Rainbow Dash knew that she'd be caught sooner or later. Maybe there's a way to deny it.
>"W-what are you talking about AJ? Why would I lie to my best friends?"
Because the author needed an antagonist, and couldn't be bothered to invent one. Hell, he was so busy stuffing himself with food that he couldn't even invent a protagonist!

>Rainbow Dash did her best to look innocent while also staring directly at Applejack.
>"Don't lie right in front of mah face Rainbow." It was too late for Rainbow Dash, now she had to spill it.
>"Fine. Back then we used to be best friends.....that was until we were in our freshman year." Rainbow Dash sighed sadly remembering "that" day.
>"What happened during freshman year?" Rarity asked suddenly intrigued at the conversation. She couldn't tell if that was a good thing.
It's not. Trust me. Any opportunity for the author to shill his Stu is a very bad thing.

>"It was during soccer tryouts....we both wanted to be the team captain so the coach made us go 1 on 1 with each other which he beat me 5 to 2." This made Applejack laugh out loud.
>"It's not funny!"
It really isn't.
>>
>Rainbow Dash snapped at Applejack causing her to stop laughing.
>"Ah'm sorry Rainbow, please continue."
I agree. Please, continue. I'm so very intri- *yawn* intrigued.

>"Where was I? Or right! After he beat me in that soccer match the coach chose me instead of him because of my determination." Rainbow Dash explained puzzling the rest of the girls.
How is it puzzling? Considering what the coach's alternative was, the answer is about as obvious as the author's virginity.

>"I don't get it, he beat you but the coach chose you?" Fluttershy spoke for the first time today.
>"Yeah....that surprised me too. I thought he was happy for me considering that he congratulated me afterwards. But he showed his true colors at the game when he took off his jersey and left. Soon after he ignored me until three days ago. I still don't know why he did that."
Maybe because he's a petulant manchild who posts terrible low-effort self-insert wish-fulfillment fanfics to the internet.

>"Tell us what you did during the game." Applejack asked.
>"I was trying to show everyone that I can be the team leader so I took control of the ball throughout the game.
Not even Dash is this thick.

>Next thing I know more than half the team quit and the coach had to stop the season to look for more players." Everyone at the table stared at Rainbow with a dumbfounded look on their face.
>Is she really that clueless?
Not as clueless as the author.

>Just as Applejack was going to tell Rainbow Dash the truth You sat down at the table beside Rarity.
>"Wassup Rarebear? Ya missed me?" Right on cue Liepie left in a hurry leaving you confused once more.
Because when a woman has a crush on a man, she goes out of her way to distance herself from him. This is supposed to be Pinkie Pie!
>>
>Although you decided to shrug it off and focused your attention on your crush.
>"No I did not miss you. Now will you leave us alone?"
You'd think her five friends are forcing her to sit at this asshat's table at gunpoint.

>There it is again. That grim feeling was coming up again as those words took affect on you.
You really, really deserve it.

>So you forced your smile to come back without anyone noticing.
>"Only if you take up on m-"
>"The answer is still no."
>Attempt 24 Failed
In case you guys didn't notice, the author names his chapters as "Attempt #X". That means you can tell whether or not the attempt will fail just by looking at the chapter list on the story page, so the little suspense there would've been in this "story" is now at zero. Oops!

>"Fucking hell." You whispered silently.
>"Just the person we were looking for." You heard Applejack say causing you to chortle.
>"Heh you don't hear that everyday.....at least for me. So what did ya need?"
To get out of this fanfic.

>"Well Rainbow Dash here..." Applejack patted Dash's shoulder. "...wanted to talk to you for a moment." Rainbow's eyes shot wide open at what Applejack just did.
>"She did? Well what do you have to say Dashie?" Laughs were shared around the table because of that "name" you gave to Rainbow Dash.
Laughs that were, yet again, at the Gary Stu's expense.

>"D-dashie?" Applejack managed to say between laughs. Rainbow Dash on the other hand was not so amused.
>"It's that stupid nickname he gave me when we were kids." The mention of kids made everyone stop their laughter.
>"Kids? Just how long have you two known each other?" This remark made you laugh. Getting up you took a seat next to Dashie and got her in a headlock while giving her a noogie.
That's technically assault. Can someone call the cops so this little shit can go to jail already? Do it before he pulls an Elliot Rodger!
>>
>"I known Dashie since we were tiny tots." You noogied her harder. "Still as defenseless as I remember."
One has to wonder what he means when he calls her "defenseless".

>"Gah! Get off of me!" You let her go as you heard your watch beep.
>"That's my go!" You got up and ran to the door. "See ya Dashie, see ya Rarebear!" You shouted exiting the cafeteria. Little did you know what was in store for you later that day.
Considering how cliched this story has been so far, I'd say it's pretty simple to guess.

Do we push on to chapter 5? I'm still wavering on this, folks. I could use some encouragement.
>>
File: Andre.jpg (834KB, 909x1623px) Image search: [Google]
Andre.jpg
834KB, 909x1623px
>andre discovers /r9k/
>>
File: salty language.png (2KB, 244x20px) Image search: [Google]
salty language.png
2KB, 244x20px
>>29023248
>>
>>29023057
Fucks sake, has the author attended any school at all ever, what the fuck
It feels like this is written by some fat homeschooled autist, considering his absolute lack of empathy or understanding social cues and the fact he excels in drawing since age 10, is also the best at football and "science" but dislikes square roots.
And he also smashed a piece of Äppelpaj inside his pocket.
I loathe everything about him and I can't wait for him to roll out the edge and attempt suicide.
So yes, please do continue.
>>
>>29023057
How many chapters of this thing did you say there were?
Because I want to experience all of them in cringey detail.
>>
Is anyone reading this?

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/220615/twilight-manages-to-screw-up-more-than-usual

I read the first two chapters when it first came out because I thought it was a fun idea, and then put it in my tracking shelf. Now it's over 130k words and I'm afraid it may have turned into yet another show re-write with different M6.
>>
>>29024697
Huh. Rating looks decent, guess I'll check it out. I'll report back once I'm a few chapters in.
>>
File: 1443088727207.gif (983KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1443088727207.gif
983KB, 500x364px
>>29024721
Godspeed, Anon.
>>
>>29024697
I read through chapter 5.

Chapters 1-3 mirror S01E02. The fic starts right at the point of divergence from canon, when Twilight tells the M5 to fuck off (and then promptly picks up the alt-M5 on her way to the Everfree). They do hit all the original obstacles (cliff, manticore, serpent, trees, bridge) with only minor variations to account for the new characters and element assignments, plus by the big showdown and everyone getting their jewelery.
Chapters 4 and 5 seem like they might be loosely based on Applebuck Season, but the main focus is on an original storyline: Twilight is trying to unfuck the Elements, which were always meant to go to the normal M6, and are now all bonded to the wrong ponies.

Overall, the story seems okay, and doesn't look to be going the "show rewrite" route like you were worried about.
>>
>>29025115
Cool. Picked right back up, then.
>>
>>29023057
>I'm still wavering on this, folks. I could use some encouragement.
youre almost halfway through already and we havent gotten to the murder suicide yet.
continuation is required
>>
>>29020728
>tfw you read it right to left assuming it's a translation

>>29020900
That may or may not be Discord fucking with him.

>>29021774
That server log oneshot. I'm fucking around in Illustrator making graphics for it instead of actually writing it.

I'm also worried I can't do audio transcripts, which would form the brunt of the story, as script formatting is banned on Fimfic.
>>
>>29024049
There are ten chapters.

Here's the story:
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/355330/love-attempts
>>
>>29026253
We're already halfway through then? I say go for it, surely we must be close to the gore, murder and suicide attempts. I can't wait for the always hapoy Gary Stu to embrace his dark edgelord side.
>>
File: weather graphics-01.png (157KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
weather graphics-01.png
157KB, 2550x3300px
>>29026003
Alright. Finished the weather graphics. They are going to be used in the weather logs/data to show Equestria's slow descent into subzero eternal night.

Tell me what you think..
>>
File: weather graphics white-01.png (155KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
weather graphics white-01.png
155KB, 2550x3300px
>>29026383
That's what I get for making it transparent. Here they are on a white background so you can actually fucking see them.
>>
>>29026389
>not stylizing the sun to look like celestias trampstamp
its like youre not even trying
>>
>>29026253
I've cheated and read ahead
you absolutely must do the next chapters those are solid gold
>>
>>29026003
>I'm also worried I can't do audio transcripts, which would form the brunt of the story, as script formatting is banned on Fimfic.
Don't worry about it. If they're not present at approval time, and they don't make up too big a chunk of the story later on, you probably won't have any trouble.
>>
>Princess Celestia is Replaced by an Ohio-class Submarine
>>
>Overburdened Dog and Pony Show
Rarity is replaced by the Bagger 288.
>>
>>29027244
unbelievable. boomers are both powerful and not useless. readers suspension of disbelief simply isnt strong enough for such a story

or was this just end of thread shitposting? sometimes its difficult to tell
>>
Someone on /x/ took famously bad creepypastas and alongside a bunch of Anons, used the Find/Replace function on Microsoft Word to rewrite them and improve them.

>>/x/18405221

The results were hilarious.

http://pastebin.com/W5SRp8Hd
http://pastebin.com/7tX5cULU

Do you think the same could work with terrible pony fanfiction? I can already imagine the ways "My Little Dashie" could be improved.
>>
>>29027328
>>>/x/18405221
Ugh, butchered the cross-board link
>>
File: hx62-1432420758-1888-full.jpg (36KB, 250x178px) Image search: [Google]
hx62-1432420758-1888-full.jpg
36KB, 250x178px
>>29027328
>My Little Dashie
It's settled, then.
I'll start with the most frequent, reused word, counting a total of 61 uses in a 12k word story.
>"Dashie"
First reply dictates its god-given replacement, unless someone rolls some repeating numbers.
>>
>>29027408
Top Cunt
>>
>>29027408
>Dashie
trash

rolling for dubs
>>
>>29027439
Trashie
>>
>>29027311

believable enough to hit the feature box, apparently.
>>
File: DA WUNDABODS.png (632KB, 2065x2418px) Image search: [Google]
DA WUNDABODS.png
632KB, 2065x2418px
My Little Top Cunt it is.

Next up, a quite common phrase: "living room".
>>
>>29027486
sex dungeon
>>
>>29027486

rape dungeon
>>
>>29027486
man cave
>>
>>29027492
>>29027493
Great minds think alike.
>>
bump limit has been reached. would someone not involved with literary mad libs mind getting started on the new thread?
>>
>>29027486
>living room
Celestias rectum
>>
File: wonderbolts did wtc.gif (2MB, 641x328px) Image search: [Google]
wonderbolts did wtc.gif
2MB, 641x328px
Sex dungeon.

A classic; "Rainbow Dash".
>>
>>29027534
Rainbow Crash
>>
>>29027534
Double Rainblow
>>
File: 1355418315323.png (266KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1355418315323.png
266KB, 400x400px
>>29027544
>double dubs

Rainbow Dash is now Double Rainblow.

There's a nice little dramatic phrase here,
"I'm a monster."
>>
>>29027556
"I'm 20% cooler!"
>>
File: top cunt.jpg (15KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
top cunt.jpg
15KB, 640x360px
>>29027566
Dubs really do make it simpler, don't they?

Various versions of "thanks," "thank you" and "thank" are littered all over this literary piece of shit.
How could someone possibly ruin all the sentimentality at once?
>>
>>29027581
nuthin personnel
>>
>>29027581
Congratulations!
>>
File: topcunte.jpg (52KB, 508x533px) Image search: [Google]
topcunte.jpg
52KB, 508x533px
>>29027594
Nothing personnel, kid.

Now there's "little". Your little, my little, his little, et cetera.
>>
>>29027581
fuck off
>>
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/19198/background-pony

I didn't need my heart and sanity anyway
>>
>>29027665
wat

>>29027659
dong
>>
>>29027659
massive
>>
>>29027659
Are... are we done?
>>
>>29028004
This thread is. Page 7 and dropping. Is someone working on a new one?
>>
>>29028024
Well, I got to go now, so I can't make the new thread. I'll be back later tonight so I'll leave the new thread uo to you guys.
And I expect to read My Little Top Cunt tonight.
>>
>>29028004
I need sleep.
Someone take over in my stead http://pastebin.com/bRWMsifD
>>
NEW THREAD

>>29028155
>>29028155
>>29028155

NEW THREAD
Thread posts: 524
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.