[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NLR thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 13

File: nlr_by_dropdeadwolf-d5useps.jpg (513KB, 1024x722px) Image search: [Google]
nlr_by_dropdeadwolf-d5useps.jpg
513KB, 1024x722px
A thread for the glorious republic of the moon.

IMPERIALS STAY OUT
>>
The Call To Arms:
You are all being Lied To.
She is no princess.
She is a tyrant.
For countless eons she has ruled over us.
All of Equestria bows at her slightest whim.
She rules over us.
Forceing us into blind servitude.
But change is coming.
Never Obey Always Resist
Princess Luna, the true ruler of Equestria.
She will lead us into a glorious new era.
But it is we who must make the first move.
We must resist. We must fight.
There will be war, but in the end it will be
us standing.
Will you stand with us?
When the dust settles, we will remain.
And on the ashes we will found,
The New Lunar Republic
Will you stand with us brothers and sisters?
>>
I really miss this subfandom. I couldn't even find the original deviantart of this pic.
>>
>>28959511
I like nu-Luna, but damn ... S1 Luna had so much more potential - and instead we got a half emo / half autistic cranky old mare.
>>
>>28959511
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YKVXbl6UgE

Down with the fake of a princess.

All for the moon.
>>
http://lonewolf3878.deviantart.com/gallery/39873158/Aircraft
I love the fact that people like this exist and are in our fandom.
>>
Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf0tYs5U5RI
>it still doesn't even have a million views
>while TheLivingMemestone gets 21 million
>>
>>28959754
What happened to this part of the fandom?
>>
>>28959864
Died instantly when S2 came when showed that Luna :
- has been resigned, because why not
- had 3/4 of her pre-Nightmare Moon mind wiped to a blank state by the Elements of Harmony's blast
>>
>>28960514
Sad but true.

But I will always praise the moon.
>>
>>28959511
The character who canonically
>Obliterates huge portions of Equestria when she claims power
>Reign would have ushered in an era of evil
>Is racist for no apparent reason
>Outright declared that 'there can only be one princess in Equestria'
But she's not the tyrant. Somehow.

I dunno, explain that to me because I don't get it.
>>
File: Lanc and B-17 2.jpg (69KB, 720x900px) Image search: [Google]
Lanc and B-17 2.jpg
69KB, 720x900px
>not working together
>>
>>28960688
(Citation needed)
The timeline where Nightmare Moon won was literally the nicest one.

Also this part of the fandom wasn't about NM, but about Luna after she got her rebellious-angsty-teenage-not-a-phase blasted of her mind by the Elements. The fanon at that time was, while both sisters were happy to be re-united, they would still have their difference and own followers, ultimately leading to Luna seceding from Equestria.
>>
>>28959653
>eons
>>
>>28961207
Citations!

Look closely at the Cutie Map when Twilight is in that alternate reality; large portions of Equestria have been violently reshaped. Whole mountain ranges and parts of the continent are just... gone; there were cities there. More importantly, that flash asset had to be deliberately drawn and placed in the scene by the animators - they meant it to be there. It's a very, very subtle nod that while Nightmare's got her palace running smoothly it's not so pleasant everywhere else.
Direct quote from Faust. From way back in the S1 era, even.
Straight up looks at Spike as beneath her because he's a dragon even though the guy rolled in beside a completely unheard-of alicorn.

>The fanon at that time was, while both sisters were happy to be re-united, they would still have their difference and own followers, ultimately leading to Luna seceding from Equestria.
Honestly, I never really got that. 90% of the NLR stuff seemed to be assuming that Celestia had this hidden vicious, tyrannical side and Luna was somehow running a justified rebellion... it came out of nowhere, and always confused me.
>>
>>28959511
That logo is off center and it is really fucking bothering me
>>
>>28961305
Thats not racism. Its speciesm.
>>
I don't understand the alternate time lines. Sombra and Chrysalis make sense but the rest don't. If the mane 6 were born after the Nightmare moon incident, why wasn't Celestia able to stop in the alternate time line? What would the Snoic rainboom have anything to do with the past? That applies to the Discord universe too.
>>
>>28961305
>Look closely at the Cutie Map when Twilight is in that alternate reality; large portions of Equestria have been violently reshaped. Whole mountain ranges and parts of the continent are just... gone; there were cities there. More importantly, that flash asset had to be deliberately drawn and placed in the scene by the animators - they meant it to be there. It's a very, very subtle nod that while Nightmare's got her palace running smoothly it's not so pleasant everywhere else.
I'm gonna need some pics for that. It sounds horrifying if true.
>>
>>28959653
Lies! Spreading your filthy propaganda against our glorious leader fuhrerlestia. You scum will be struck down in all her glory. It is not to late to join the solar empire and the dawning of a new Equestria!
>>
>>28961694
Fair point. Speciesm it is.

>>28961933
So, derpibooru's mods have turned into a pile of steaming crap and purged a fuckton of images - including a mountain of screencaps from the episode, virtually all images of the updated map, and the 'art of equestria' book it came from - which makes it hard.

Nonetheless, here's a remaining example that didn't get yanked. The skull-topped mountain was, on the full map, marked as 'Arimaspi territory'. Notably it is the only feature on Equestria's continent that is still visible in this scene; the low trees on the left are part of an overseas shore (best seen on 826371 on DB). Most other features in Equestria have been obliterated. The same thing is also briefly visible in 1042155 on DB; though the gif is too large for me to post here, if you have a program to examine gifs by frame it's pretty easy to spot. It is not just this way in this particular shot or view.

This is notable because every other timeline - even the dead wastelands timeline - the map shows an Equestria in relatively normal geographical shape. This is the only one where major features have been rewritten. As I said above, the animators chose to make this one different.
>>
>>28962139
Holy fuck, that's actual nightmare fuel.
As for episode screencaps, mlp.wikia.com has them all. Go to [episode name] then click on "gallery".
>>
>>28962160
Good idea about the screencaps!

Here's another one - Twilight is standing on what should be Equestria on the map (notably, using a completely different animation asset!) but it's been completely leveled.

The phrase "lunar landscape" does come to mind.
>>
>>28962178
Lastly, here's what Equestria looks like in the Wasteland timeline. Ruined, certainly, but not completely leveled the way it is in Nightmare's.
>>
>>28959683
>S1 luna

thats why you cant find him
>>
>>28959770
clever pony was a god

Well, he WAS a beta cuck who was scared of all the attention and ran away to MandoMommy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NbyUtARW6I
>>
All of Makkons NLR Music
>>
>>28962265
Most of the people on this board are betas. Nothing to dislike him for.
I'm glad he didn't delete his pony music like so many others did.
>>
>>28959511
Independence Day
>>
>>28959511
Begone, deluded tools of deceit! Artificial following designed for division, don't you see that what your belief is an oxymoron?
>>
>>28961715
Somehow, whatever happened meant that the M6 didn't stop Nighmare Moon's *return*. That means that she escapes from the moon after a thousand years of imprisonment, and the Elements of Harmony do not stop her.

Celestia at that moment had disappeared, if you recall. It's never directly stated that she was kidnapped by NMM, but it's what the episode seemed to imply. Which means she was already bested at the time, and without the Elements, Equestria was already doomed.

As you should already know, the Sonic Rainboom incident triggered the synchronized apparition of the M6's cutiemarks, essential pieces of their identity that would be in some way affected without the incident happening. Even if their special talents didn't change, and they simply found out what they were at some later point, this could easily change their lives in ways that would mean the M6 never got together the way they did in the pilot episode. This would mean no Element Bearers, which means no Elements of Harmony, which means Equestria is doomed.

Which begs the question of how the Chrysalis and Sombra timelines would come to happen. They make *less* sense than the NMM one.
>>
NMM timeline is literally best.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVHiXtEys_k
>>
File: Px1Egop.jpg (126KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Px1Egop.jpg
126KB, 900x675px
>>28959511
>>28959653
>>
Bump a shit thread for Jesus.
>>
>>
>>28968566
>>
>>28964762
Ah, for some reason, I had believed it was when she initially became NMM. Thanks for the clarification.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.