[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Goddamnit hasbro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: large.jpg (88KB, 1280x987px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
88KB, 1280x987px
>go to buy GOH toys
>All sold out

Damnit, can't you produce enough of this shit for all the bronies or something?! Its not just the little girls crap that's selling this season anymore.

On the plus side, at least this means they're probably going to make another wave if they're selling out.
(well, I guess they had cheese sandwhich toys still, but fuck that gay ass shit)
>>
>>28957225
Cheese Sandwich is best pony.
>>
File: 1429151392268.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1429151392268.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>What is Amazon
>>
>>28957225
Where did you go that actually had the main series? I've only seen fan series stuff in stores.

Good to hear that they're selling.
>>
>>28957241
He's rule 63 pinkie with ADHD
>>
>>28957252
Wal-mart had a large temporary GOH display on the end; the kind of temporary plastic displays that they order and setup when they didn't realize they needed something early enough to allocate dedicated shelf space.

The only thing left on it was a single fan series celestia though. Fuck that shit, no chryssy, twi, spike or Rainbow dashes left.

Toys R us had a couple spots where tags were but they were empty, the only things that were still there were the cheese sandwhich toys which were completely untouched.
probably due to the cheese sandwhich toys being overpriced as hell compared to the smaller RD, Twilight, Shining, ect. toys
>>
>>28957275
What's funny to me is that even the Big Spike that costs twice as much sells more than the Cheese Sandwich.
>>
>>28957292
Because people actually like Spike outside of this board. I don't know why they thought Cheese Sandwich would be profitable.
>>
>>28957313
He's a male version of pinkie pie, and pinkie pies almost the most popular of the mane six; I guess they figured that boys will only buy guy characters and that a guy pinkie would sell just as much.
>>
>>28957313
>>28957323
Well the Pinkie sells a lot but the Cheese has not. It's odd.
>>
>>28957255
So just r63 Pinkie
>>
>>28957404
Mainly because a character archetype that works on a girl doesn't automatically work on a guy, and vice versa.
people will forgive a girl for pinkie's behavior because its more stereotypical girlish and endearing, while it just pisses people off in a guy half the time. Plus he's had ONE episode. GODDAMNED ONE. Most kids probably don't even remember he exists.
>>
>>28957426
The toy that he's being sold with, the point of his set, was a sight gag for literally two seconds. I'm amazed that they made a toy of it.
>>
>>28957433
Its very toyetic though and lends itself well to an action toy; hasbro is trying to find any way they can to get the characters to fire missiles or projectiles since that's an easy "go to" for boys toys.
Even things that should be toyetic (like how unicorns can fire lasers from their horns) are problematic since you'd have to stick a giant hole in their head to put in a slot to fire missiles with for their "horn"
>>
>>28957467
I wonder what they're going to do with AJ.
>>
>>28957491
Hot apple-bucking action. Except the apples are bombs.
>>
>>28957535
Apple armor.
>>
>>28957537
Apple bazooka.
>>
>>28957491
Give her hollow back legs that fire apples out of them.
>>
>>28957535
>>28957537
>>28957547
>>28957561
Just put an actual apple in the box with a tiny plastic cowboy hat on it.
>>
>>28957587
The interesting thing is that it will sit on the shelf regardless.
>>
>>28957612
>two years later and all those apple family mini figures are still sitting in bins at walmart
Just fucking move them to dollar store hell already or put them on super clearance.
>>
>>28957619
I don't know why they thought all of those minor Apple family characters would sell. I wonder when AJ's GoH figure comes out, what they will do to sell her. Probably pair her with Twi or something.
>>
>>28957491
I'd hope for her black rubber leggings and the chimera.

But they're probably just going to give her a little lasso that you can attack to her foreleg like what come with her Minis toys.
>>
File: split.png (25KB, 197x250px) Image search: [Google]
split.png
25KB, 197x250px
>>28957631
The only one I even like is Apple Split and I had to go get an actual blindbag for him. Some of the accessories were cute, like Big Mac's cart and the tiny bed for AJ but most of them were boring and no little kid cares about Apple Cousin #67.
>>
>>28957632
Shame they won't be able to work it into some sort of cannon.
>>
>>28957650
When they started putting them on sale for next to nothing I picked up a bunch. But yeah even most adults won't collect these at full price apparently.
>>
>>28957631
They should just skip applejack and go straight to starlight.
>>
>>28957896
That isn't until wave three at least.
>>
>>28957313
>I don't know why they thought Cheese Sandwich would be profitable.
Weird Al?
>>
File: Plastic bottle molding machinery.jpg (166KB, 1273x852px) Image search: [Google]
Plastic bottle molding machinery.jpg
166KB, 1273x852px
>>28957225
Do you even understand how production works? There aren't just factories dedicated solely to creating a single type of toy, factories create other products and have to take time to convert the line (which is time spent not making profit), and tools and die have to be created and bought by the companies to create the product. Not every factory is willing to accommodate for these costly changes, especially for something that'll quickly be replaced with newer models such as figurines, as opposed to something that hardly change, such as water bottles.
TL;DR: production is a bitch.
>>
>>28958001
Hasbro factories do production runs of the same molds, so different molded things or stuff that is articulated is a bitch.

Its why there are so many fan series statues but very few of the main series stuff.
>>
>>28958008
Oh, they actually have their own factories. I figured they just had commissioned their stuff to factories, I forgot that they actually make other stuff than MLP.
>>
>>28957246
>wants Wonderbolts GoH
>$30 at store
>$50 + $14 shipping on amazon
>>
>>28958062
I haven't seen that for sale anywhere but Target, on their website. TRU has it?
>>
>>28958065
I saw it at toys R us today. Like 4. bought some for toys for tots.

>>28957896
>>28957619
I kind of feel bad for AJ, i get the feeling hasbro would jettison her in a HEARTBEAT if they made a G5. She doesn't sell toys even if bronies like her as a character.

>>28957612
from what I hear, GOH is selling well though. Makes me happy, hopefully this will get hasbro to put more action in the show.
S4 finale part 2 go.
>>
>>28958085
More action would be amazing.
>>
>>28957275
I heard that all of the limited FlutterCord toys also sold out, and they were worth 100$+ shipping. Ship must be popular with teenager girls.
>>
>>28957998
> implying kids know who wierd al is
>implying he would be remembered after 2 years since his appearance in S4
>implying parents would recognise his toy

Cheese was only made for bronies fans and shippers wanting to match him with Pinkie.
>>
>>28959501
They undersold the Weird Al part of him in the toy. The tank he comes with is cool though.
>>
>>28959494
Unlike Cheese or Soarin, Discord is very recognisable and popular. Especially if you add the only Fluttershy with movable legs and head. But i think his solo toy also sell very well with female audience.
>>
>>28959512
I wish they made more Nightmare Moon statuettes, she took forever to find.
>>
>>28957225
they're doing the same thing that Nintendo did with their "skylander" ripoff characters
they purposefully hold them back to drive up price and demand for them
>>
>>28957225

Same shit happen with the EQG minis

I just want my EQG waifu
>>
>>28959501
Yeah, Weird al is old as fuck, only people from the 90s will really remember him.
I guess maybe they were thinking he'd be popular with bronies due to this?

>>28959494
I wonder what fluttershy's guardians of harmony toy will be; she's the least likely to get into battle of the six.

>>28959548
She sells better than celestia too.
>>
>>28963216
Probably riding a bear into battle.
>>
>>28963591
That would be badass.
>>
>>28963591
>>28963240
Pair her with a Manticore or have her fight Iron Will with some kind of dumb butterfly weapon like how Twilight comes with a changeling and that...armor...pincer...thing.
>>
File: forty keks.jpg (17KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
forty keks.jpg
17KB, 292x257px
>>28963216
>She sells better than Celestia too.
>being out shined by the moon
KEK
>>
>>28964709
>and that's how nightmare star happened
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.