[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is our fandom dying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 1480183636131.png (263KB, 608x749px) Image search: [Google]
1480183636131.png
263KB, 608x749px
It's obviously shrunk a bit, but is our fandom dying? If so, how much longer do you think we have?
>>
>>28955919
No, only the true fans are left
>>
>>28955919
I don't know. I used to get new good art every day for Apple Bloom, and now I'm lucky to finding one new decent one per week. There seems to be a lot of quality stuff for more popular characters every day, though, so I wouldn't say dying. Just small enough to be inconvenient for me.
>>
>>28955919
In decline doesn't quite equate to dying. We're just not the trendy thing anymore, so we dont have a constant influx of new blood and content. The Hiatus doesn't help, either.

I kinda wished we -were- dying for other reasons, though
>>
>>28955919
Bronies die, god laughs
>>
>>28955919
we have until the 2017 movie, that is when our lives (might) truly peak, then its all downhill from there.
>>
>>28955919
The regular normies left. Only true fans remain.

Fuck.
We must get more in, preferably by sending out links for the first episode and encouraging people to watch it first before coming here, all the while spreading a bad name of us being internet bullies.
>>
File: 1469747877956.gif (455KB, 315x356px) Image search: [Google]
1469747877956.gif
455KB, 315x356px
>>28955919
EQG series will revive it don't worry my man.
>>
Yeah. It hasn't been as strong as it once has been.

But dying out?

I can't say that is the truth.
>>
>>28956333
It's a good plan, but how do we find the right candidates?

>>28956349
I hope so.
>>
>>28956349
Came here to post this.
It will get a late audience
>>
The fandom has shrunk because MLP is not new and fresh like was when it was....new and fresh, yes

Many people who were only into the fandom for the hype have gone, some simply lost interest, and others left because they feel like the show is different.....but honestly despite these things we're still a bigger fandom than most others, if not all others

Now....here's the thing about this board in particular. Generals have killed this board, you can't have creative threads anymore because of two reasons A. mods have become tightwads and B. Generals have taken over, and people use these generals as their own personal hangouts/chatrooms, it kills discussion because it compartmentalizes everything instead of allowing broad discussion about the show and it's universe and characters, you simply have the designated ____ thread and that's where people stay

I mean on /co/ for example generals are not allowed for this very reason, unless there needs to be one...and the only reason a general needs to exist is that there is such an influx of posts about a single thing that it simply must be contained into one thread....this is not the case with anything MLP aside from new episodes and things like that, generals are the reason this BOARD seems so dead
>>
File: 1481113176292.png (82KB, 1863x309px) Image search: [Google]
1481113176292.png
82KB, 1863x309px
>>28956409
The second half of your post reminded me of pic related from two years ago.
>>
>>28956365
We do it the way oldfags like me did it.
Stealthily.

We link people the first episode and say we just have to watch it ironically. Bonus points if you recently talked about manly things, like shaving.
>>
>>28956484
So we have a way of executing this, but how do we get other anons to help?
>>
>>28956610
By telling them not to do it.
>>
>>28956349
>Leave for 2 years
>Come back and see this shit
Fuck EqG
I watch pony shows for ponies not for those disgusting looking things
>>
>>28956006
>I kinda wished we -were- dying for other reasons, though
What reasons?
>>
>>28955919
It dies a little bit more everytime some newfag posts EqG cancer
>>
>>28956659
>I watch pony shows for ponies not for those disgusting looking things
No one stopping you, is there?
>>
its dying.
have you seen bleach fans lately their calling themselves OG otakus and their just anime fans love any anime they put their hands on. this is a sinking ship anon.
2017 will make or break us.
theres other fandoms that will share the same fate.
if mlp ever ends the bronies will have to merge into the furry fandom meaning bronycon will be furrycon and the ride will sink faster than the british pound during brexit or if you don't get a koenisegg agera sliding down a steep as hill.
>>
>>28955919
I think it just feels like it's dying because of how popular it was at its peak. The show will end eventually, though who knows how long that will take, but it could be revived with a new generation.
My concern with a new generation is that they'll change things for the worse. What drew me in and kept me around were the characters and art style, so if the style is changed (if they go 3D CGI, I'm out) or the new characters aren't interesting, it probably won't have the same appeal.
>>
>>28956711
Meh, the show already changed from what brought me in, and the fandom changed immeasurably. Every time I consider the fact that EqG is as popular as it is I consider just forgoing interacting with the fandom period. People who have such shitty taste aren't worth my time.
>>
I got into the show in the beginning of 2012, and got off the ride around mid 2014. I've recently gotten back into pone out of some sort of coping with how shitty life is, or a vague sort of nostalgia. I sense a resurgence in the fandom, but this time we won't make the same mistakes. It will be an era of true fans.
>>
>>28956703
This. 2017 could be a renaissance for the fandom or the final nail in the coffin.
>>
>>28956037
Yep, this. It'll peak again with the movie, and then it'll finally die down.

Unless there is a sequel planned. In which case we're fucked.
>>
>>28956724
>Meh, the show already changed from what brought me in
A show for little girls?
I don't get why you horsefuckers are so uppity.
>>
>>28955919
I wouldn't say dying, the faustfags are just hopping of the bandwagon. To much change for those faggots.
>>
>>28955919
Who cares if it's dying?
If it truly dies, the ride will be over and we will finally be free.
If the show ends and this board isn't beleted, only the truest fan will remain.
The thing to truly be worried about is if the fandom lives on forever.
>>
>>28957183
Yes, it changed into a show for little girls.
Thanks, Jim!
>>
>>28955919
bye doompauler
you won't be missed or remembered
>>
>>28957183
>It was for girls then and is for girls now, so nothing changed
Anon. Is this really how you think? It's not, right? come on, anon.
>>
>>28957211
The Faustfags hopped off years ago.

t. Faustfag
>>
>>28955919
>Is our fandom dying?
It's been dying for almost 4 years. If S3 ended like DHX wanted instead of Hasbro, we'd likely only be seeing stagnation around S6.
>>
File: death.png (313KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
death.png
313KB, 650x650px
>>28955919
No yet, but it's going to be... and it's normal.

A lots of brony and pegasister grow up, the "newness" past away, and a flaw of a kid-show is the repetitiveness.

It's a natural conseguence, but don't worry, It's okay. Few series could go for years and years, and MLF is 6years old... for a cartoon it's pretty long.
>>
Nah, give it time. It'll come back.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.