[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cat's Got Your Tongue (CYOA)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

File: What path.png (275KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
What path.png
275KB, 1191x670px
Catching up - https://www.anonpone.com/cgyt/

Previous thread - >>28907984

>You give some gentlegriffonly nudges to Parsnip dabbing your face, giving a nod of thanks, but you can finish cleaning yourself.
>Especially since the last few globs of lemon and whipped cream were on your stomach!
>Thankfully, with excellent griffon flexibility, you can handle that, taking a small turn before settling in again, fluttering wings as you tuck, tongue grooming along silky gray fur with one of your hindlegs shifting into the air for that appropriate reach.
>Mmm... mmm! This is a very delicious pie, Poppy wasn't kidding.
>Without the bushes moving about, things get quiet for those moments you're cleaning yourself, taking a look towards the side to see Parsnip, Poppy, and the two vegetable creatures staring at you (you guess the glowing circles on the latter's centers were eyes).
>The silence is broken quite quickly, though, as the zebra laughs wildly, landing on her back with all four legs wiggling in the air, viney creatures rustling rapidly in a giggly sort of shaking themselves on top of her despite being currently freed.
>"Aww, dude! If you wanted ta clean up, haha, I know a pond nearby coulda done it in!" Poppy says between cackles.
>"M-Mister Constable, that's rather inappropriate in front of ladies, don't you think?" the minotaur counteracts the trio's humor beside her, snorting out with blushing cheeks.
>"Pfft, c'mon, man, like you wouldn't do that if you could," the zebra says, still broken up with laughter.
>"I'll have you know, little miss bad influence, that I have far better manners!" she responds with a wag of a finger down at the collapsed Poppy, striped foreleg resuming its grapple on the two viney things as she rights herself in a hurry.
>"Dude, it's just a joke," she replies, giving a little toss of her mussed mane before staring up at the taller female in irritation.
>"This is the Everfree Forest, not a place to joke around!"

[1/2]
>>
>You clap talons together, making the seething cow and annoyed mare snap out of their argument, letting them take a short breath to relax.
"Yes, this is the Everfree Forest, so calm down or something else will be attracted," you say wordlessly.
"We need to question these... whatever they are to see why they're stopping us from going deeper."
>With that, you point towards the two leafy, viney creatures that had turned their glowing 'eyes' into Poppy's chest fluff.
>"Ahh, what'd he say?" Parsnip asks, seeming kind of embarrassed.
>"He said chill out or more beasties are gonna come... also, to enjoy the show next time," she tacks on with a cheeky smile, minotaur grunting to that before looking at you.
>You give a short glance down your beak at Poppy, who giggles, then tucks down to whisper to the green critters, them rustling some more before she looks up.
>"They said they aren't talking until the big grumpy lady says sorry."
>This makes Parsnip's cheeks burn again, looking at the zebra in disbelief before giving a defiant puff from her snout.

>What should you do?
>>
>>28943537
Give Parsnip the kitty eyes.
>>
>>28943537
Apologize for our inappropriate action and kindly ask for Parsnip to say sorry and move this along. And more sternly ask for Poppy to not misinterpret us.
>>
>You give another flap of your wings, wagging a talon at Poppy with a shake of your head.
"I know you think it's funny, but stop misinterpreting me. You're the only way I can talk to her without lots of writing and I doubt she brought her glasses," you say, nudging your beak towards the minotaur.
>Poppy's smile diminishes some, but she nods obediently.
>"Yeah, sure," she agrees in a small mumble.
>You then turn towards Parsnip, giving your best apologetic hatchling eyes, tucking wings and twitching tail.
"I'm very sorry for the inappropriate action, miss Parsnip. Please apologize to the creatures so we can move this along."
>Poppy repeats things verbatim this time, minotaur's agitated expression softening, awwing as she rustles your headfeathers.
>"Thank you, sweetie. Sorry for being so easily annoyed, just feel like this isn't the time or place for that kinda stuff," Parsnip says to you.
>"And sorry to y'all too, don't wanna give ya fright or anything."
>She says that to the creatures, them rustling back as if forgiving her.
>That's not all the motion, though, making more noises as Poppy's ears twitch, face contorting for a moment before settling again.
>"They said we're much nicer than the dudes that have been stamping around here," the zebra starts to explain.
>"Also said they wanted to keep us out of trouble, that's why they were being tricksy and looping the paths. Well, that and they like being silly."
>To that, the creatures make more noises, glowing eye of each kind of flickering for a moment before staying steady again.

>What should you do?
>>
>>28943732
What exactly are they? Can they lead us to our beast?
>>
>>28943732
Can they tell us anything about what we're here for?
>>
"What are they, exactly?" you ask your striped companion, pointing to the creatures she was loosely holding in a foreleg by then.
>"Oh, I call them Kobabros since their real name is such a mouthful," Poppy responds with a poking free of black tongue.
>"They're like sprites and stuff, sometimes helpful, usually tricky, mostly lookin' for good, funny times. Why I threw that pie atcha... which, I guess sorry," she goes on, little snort joining it.
>You nod forgiveness toward that, thinking for a moment.
"Is there anything they can tell us about the beast?"
>Poppy tilts down, asking them the question, then grunting as her foreleg suddenly tightens as they rustle frantically, lacking the laughter sort of tone this time.
>The zebra nods a few times, shushing them and sitting on her rump, petting over them both with her other forehoof.
>"They're saying that the Catothing knocked over one of the sleeping cows and that's why it was all burnt out like that."
>"They also called it really mean and very dangerous, but the tiny legs herded it away deeper into the forest."
>You tuck your head at the 'tiny legs' to which Poppy giggles.
>"They mean the deer, dude."
"Ahh, makes sense. Well, do they know where it is now, can they lead us to it?"
>Poppy leans in again... before gasping as she falls snout-first to the ground as she tries to contain the creatures that nearly vibrate, lights of their eyes going excruciatingly bright for moment, covering your eyes from it.
>When you open them again, your zebra companion has her eyes shut and is clutching one of the viney things, still struggling to get free.
>Parsnip reaches before you can, snagging the squirming thing from her, looking concerned as she glances down to you.
>"I reckon that might be a 'no,'" she says, strong minotaur squeezing it as safely firm as she can.
>"Yeah... that's a 'no,'" Poppy agrees as she stands up again, rubbing her eyes with a foreleg.

>What should you do?
>>
>>28944004
I suppose we must find the deer then. Can they lead us to the "tinylegs"?
>>
"Could they lead us to the 'tinylegs' then?" you asks after a little wave for attention.
>"I told you, dude, we shouldn't deal with the deer. They're just gonna try to oust us," the zebra comments with a wag of a forehoof.
>"It'll be fine, deary. We can explain poor Mister Constable's situation and I imagine they should help," Parsnip chimes in, still holding the vine creature, although its struggling and rustling having stopped.
>Poppy looks a little unsure, but sighs at being outnumbered.
>She takes the 'Kobabro' back, whispering to it, getting a few laugh-sounding rustles as the zebra frowns.
>Another whisper, the creature's 'eye' lighting up again with some more wiggles and shakes, then it bounces free from her grip, hopping atop of her head.
>"Okay, well, I guess we follow its directions, then," Poppy comments, turning with a little swing of her tail, reaching into her mane and clacking rocks between forehooves to light up the green 'smoke' that somehow stayed stuck to her lips in all of that.
>Zebra returns the rocks to her mane, then starts trotting forward, lighted glow of her new hat showing her presence even as she enters into a darkly shaded area of the makeshift path that you all had been wandering on.
>Parsnip shakes her head a little as she watches her, looking down at you.
>"Don't know what she's got against the deer," she starts.
>"Maybe you can get her to talk about it; she doesn't really talk to me about her tribe or her time in the deep forest."
>She says that, then starts following after the zebra, you bringing up the rear for the moment.

>What should you do?
>>
>>28944304
Just stay alert and continue on I guess.
>>
>You figure it's something to talk about at another time, maybe when you can actually talk instead of mouth words with your beak.
>You follow along after the minotaur, though shift positions so you are behind the bigger yellow glow atop Poppy's head and the small red one between her lips.
>The darkness continues on for what seems like forever... that is, until a brighter darkness suddenly appears after you emerge through some thick brush.
>It takes a moment for your eyes to adjust, but the path is lit up by the risen moon, beams filtering through the canopy as it gets sparser and very few stars showing in the sky showing that Princess Luna probably just raised it.
>The zebra continues, trees thinning out steadily until you're all in an area with very few big plants, some flowers and lots of grass.
>There's also a pond, Poppy leading the two of you to its edge, about wide enough for at least twenty griffons beak to tail and too deep that you can't see, at least in the lighting.
>"We should stop here for the night," she comments after turning to you both, 'smoke' gone and her tummy rumbling, a smile on her face.
>"I think it's time for some grub and some sleep, ya know."
>"Are you sure this is a safe place, Poppy dear?" the minotaur asks, setting down her basket while looking around, normal rustles of bushes as wild animals traverse the brush.
>"It'll be fine, man; plus, we don't wanna be in the deep forest too much later. Things'll be cool here, right dude?" she asks, looking at you.

>What should you do?
>>
>>28944428
I trust Poppy's judgment. After we get settled ask Poppy if she knows of any deers, personally.
>>
>You nod in agreement; you trust her judgment, after all.
>Poppy's smile perks up again, reaching to pat your head, then digging into the basket.
>Parsnip looks like she wants to put out her blanket, but the zebra rooting around inside of what is carrying it makes her give up the notion, just settling down beside it and managing to get a plate and some food from the opposite end of the container.
>Your stomach growls, it having been a full day, snapping talons to get Poppy's attention, looking from the basket with a mix of fruits, veggies, and meats in her mouth, one or two of the former in her mane.
>She grins were her stuffed face, turning the basket your way, getting a plate and a enough for a filling meal of mainly meat with a touch of veggies.
>Once everyone settles in, you look to the zebra, having eaten all of her food without a plate and washed up in the pond before the rest of you finished your meal.
"So, Poppy, do you know any of the deer? Personally?" you ask her, Poppy staring at your lips before her expression seems to change into a few different emotions before finally grinning, even laughing, albeit quietly.
>She also flops on her back, though the viney creature atop her head stays stuck despite that, its light having gone out in what you imagine is its sleeping.
>"Nah, dude. Zebras and Deer 'respect' the boundaries that have been set up, but they're not too fond of interacting with each other," the zebra starts.
>"Why is that, deary?" Parsnip chimes in, giving a short yawn and stretch.
>"Because, they have different views on how order should be maintained in the forest. And the tribe has a ginormous ego too."

>What should you do?
>>
>>28944572
Which one? How do the views differ? And how are so good at beak-reading?
>>
"Which tribe?" you ask with a tilt of your beak.
>"Which tribe?" Poppy echoes you... then grins with a look at Parsnip.
>"Get a load of this dude, asking that," the zebra comments, waving a hoof your way as the minotaur giggles, albeit in another yawn.
>"THE tribe, dude. The ones that 'supposedly' helped the two sisters set up camp in here."
>She makes airquotes there, making you look confused still, kind of twinge in your head, but nothing coming to mind.
>"Don't think too hard, man, it's just silly tales from olden times. Anyways, zebras deep in the forest here think that have the right to say what and what isn't allowed in the forest if it enters their lands. Like.. the hard way to not be allowed."
>She makes a grinding motion with one forehoof into the other at this, Parsnip snorting with a short stare and your wings flapping.
>"Their king is dummy that just follows rhetoric passed down through short generations, it's not how it used to be, ya know. Way back when, the zebra used to...."
>She cuts off there, looking at you, Parsnip, back to you, shaking her head.
>"Never mind that. The Deer are territorial as well, although if you can be a 'true friend of the forest,' they're not too bad."
>This mentioning comes with another set of airquotes.
>"On the flipside, unless it is natural, then they don't allow violence. While we were defending ourselves, they wouldn't have been happy to see us wrecking those Timberwolves. If they know about it, there might be trouble; plus, like I said, they're not a big fan of most other walking or flying species that can use the words."
>You absorb all of that, minotaur trying to process it all herself, though the older cow's eyes looking a little heavy, lying down with a turn towards the zebra to try and keep listening.

[1/2]
>>
"I see, well... I guess that's good to know," you soundlessly say, Poppy giving a shrug before giving a little stretch herself.
"How'd you get to be so good at beak-reading?" you ask, going to a topic hopefully less personal to her for the moment.
>"Ohh, pfft!" she says, waving forehoof again.
>"That's nothing, man. Just part of my herb blend."
>She reaches into her mane with one forehoof, holding up one of her wrapped green smokes before tucking it away again.
>"Helps me focus on the right stuff, ya know. Makes me happier too. And speaking of that kind of stuff, here," she goes on, reaching into her mane again, giving you the brown bottle that was your medicine.
>"Gotta take it after eating, remember dude?"

>What should you do?
>>
And that will be all for tonight. Thanks for putting up with me, last couple of days from holiday stuff have really worn me out, but figured I said was gonna have a session, so let's do it.

New session tomorrow probably around 8~8:30pm CST. Hope all of y'all that celebrated holidays recently had good ones and everyone else has been having good times too.

Thank you all for playing, reading, bumping, and otherwise, and good night!
>>
bedtime bump
>>
>>28943533
>>
>>28945940
>>
beb
>>
>>28948002
>>
>>28944727
Welp, we gotta do it if we want to get normal. Take it.
>>
Bamp.
>>
>The scent, the taste, you'd rather do without that, but if we want to get back to normal, then you have to take it.
>You grab the bottle, open it, take a swig with a scrunch of your beak before shuddering as you swallow the liquid.
>"Yeah, the blend of herbs in that is kinda grodie, isn't it?" Poppy asks with a giggle as she takes the bottle back and recorks it, then puts it into her mane again.
>"Hopefully, won't need it soon enough, dude, and things are all right up there when that happens."
>You cock your head to that last part, look of concern on it as the zebra's smile stays steady, waving a forehoof.
>"It'll be okay, man, don't worry."
>You're ready to ask more specifically how 'okay' things will be, but you flutter wings and lash tail as it sounds like a monster had snuck up on you!
>Your striped companion and you shoot glances to the side, Parsnip's eyes closed and snoring, quite noisily on the breathing in, then sputtering lips a little with each exhale.
>Poppy giggles at it, shrugging and digging into the basket, taking out the picnic blanket in her teeth before throwing it over the minotaur, settling into a seat again.
>"Don't know about her sometimes, but she's nice to have as a friend. So, ya think we should turn in or wanna stay up s'more and talk or do something?"
"Shouldn't one of us stay up as a guard?" you ask, waving talons around the area.
>"Nah, this is a pretty quiet, lazy spot. Unless things have changed since I came this deep," she responds with a look around, then back toward you.
>"We might want to turn her over on her belly, though," the zebra goes on, nosing towards the sleeping minotaur.
>"Otherwise, can do whatever ya like, man, haven't hit the full belly snooze limit yet myself, hehe."

>What should you do?
>>
>>28950225
So what are the zebra rules of the forest? Is it a lot of unreasonable stuff or what? I'm assume you grew up with them. What was that like? Living in the deep forest?
>>
"Well, what are the zebra rules for the forest? Are they unreasonable or what?" you ask, walking over and setting yourself down by her.
>"Yeah, they're not very cool, really," she starts off with a twitch of her tail and pin of ears.
>"Critters are cool, hanging around 'n all, unless they cause some kind of trouble. It's why that area of the forest is pretty sparse in the magical sort of things. Why I hope the Catothing wasn't herded toward them, though the Deer are pretty smart regarding that kind of stuff."
"What happens if they cause trouble?" you press on, flapping wings gently.
>"Oh, well, ya know, like I said," Poppy replies, grinding one hoof into the other.
>"Get taken out. Like wanderers do; another reason I don't wanna bring you dudes near there if we don't have to."
>Wings tuck in again as she turns her red eyes to meet your green... before looking down at the ground, leaving a short time of silence.
"How was it like living with them, deep in the forest?" you ask after carefully bringing a foreleg up, curling talons gently around the zebra's side.
"The way you mentioned them before, I assume you used to be part of the tribe."
>She doesn't say anything at first, just slowly slumping, feeling her take a deep breath, letting it out in a sigh.
>"Yeah, I used to make my home there. Things were okay, not as chill as I like, but ya know... had my friends and stuff. Did some stuff the king didn't like, though, plus stuff I like to dabble in isn't for every zebra, so had to take off."
>She takes another slow breath, shivering gently as she looks up at you with her mane obscuring part of her eyes.
>"That's part of why I was away so long this last time which... sorry again for that, dude. Glad I got to ya before ya wasted away," she says with a subdued giggle, soft forehoof coming over to pat your chest feathers, then shifting her body more to curl in, putting weight as she hugs you in an awkward position with head still turned.

>What should you do?
>>
>>28950604
Gently pull her head to look at us. Tell her that it's ok. Whatever happened she can talk about it with us. It seems to be tearing her apart and we hate to see her like this. Then give her a hug proper.
>>
>You raise your free foreleg up, talons brushing mane aside to cup a cheek, tugging her face to look at yours.
>She looks away despite snout facing yours, booping beak to nose, getting a few blinks of those red eyes before looking to yours.
"It's okay, Poppy," you say, cheeks perking in a comforting smile.
"Whatever happened, you can tell me. I don't like seeing you feeling hurt and alone when I have two very good ears... or I can at least still listen."
>That makes the zebra giggle before offering up a squeak, pushing your weight tenderly back into her leaning as you shift in your seat, brushing other talon down to curl her up in a hug.
>Her smile quivers, cheeks somewhat redden before you share grunts (even if yours is soundless) as she joins her other foreleg into the hug too, specifically bouncing and shifting that even your great griffon strength can't keep you upright.
>You don't seem to mind, flopped on your back beneath the soft zebra as her nose stays close to your beaktip.
>"Well, you know, dude, that I really appreciate it," she starts off, a little weak but definitely genuine.
>"I'd tell you... everything, but I can deal for now. I'd rather your noggin be all good and fixed before I lay anything new on ya. And... well, maybe we should snooze, ya know."
>"Maybe, though, before sleeping, I can get a god night kiss?" she asks with a a hopeful smile as she keeps you pressed into the ground, forelegs still latched around you much like yours are around her.

>What should you do?
>>
File: 1297010_Black.jpg (7KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1297010_Black.jpg
7KB, 240x240px
>>28951086
Smash the zigger's skull, please.
>>
And I think that'll be all for tonight. Sorry for the longer post times, work this time of year makes me a little loopier than usual. Also, if there is anything that I'm doing that could be tweaked or that would enhance the experience, please tell me so I can git a little gudder. Example on my end - should I keep putting the 'What should you do?' at the end? Or should It just leave it off at the last line of the prompt or otherwise?

Thank you for playing, reading, bumping, and everything else - things will continue again tomorrow around hopefully around 9pm CST. Have a good night!
>>
File: 1476462853322.jpg (126KB, 400x453px) Image search: [Google]
1476462853322.jpg
126KB, 400x453px
>>28951086
Punch Poppy the zigger in the face. This character is seriously pissing me off.
>>
>>28951103
Thanks for the game, was fun! I'm honestly starting to hate Poppy though lmao

also keep the "What should you do" or people might expect a second post. That's just my experience though
>>
>>28951103
Woah, easy. While we shouldn't PUNCH the zebra, we should perhaps abstain from the kiss. Don't we have a supposed family? Let's not act too rash.
>>
File: 1479104518011.jpg (224KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
1479104518011.jpg
224KB, 569x802px
>>28951086
you should ditch her lmao, that's what you should do

we honestly have no ties anymore to a distinct plot or goal in relation to this zebra bitch
>>
>>28951086
I don't seem to hate our zebra translator as much as the rest of the herd, but I can understand the irritation. We need her for now though.

Go for a chaste kiss then roll over and sleep.
>>
What the hell is with all this sudden Poppy hate?

I say peck her on the forehead
>>
>>28951086
Roll onto our side and give her a kiss on the forehead. Tell her goodnight and go to sleep.

>>28952244
It's probably just shitposting by one guy who hasn't even read the cyoa. Either way the lurkers have been drawn out of hiding, which is great.
>>
bedtime bump
>>
>>28952571
>>
>>28951086
A forehead smooch sounds nice.
>>
>>28951086
This zebra is making me so upset holy SHIT
>>
>>28952308
Yeah, it's very clearly a samefag.
>>
Wew, things got a little wild there. Worked late again, so gimme a bit for a post. Also QM bump.
>>
>You look up at the zebra resting on top of you, little twitch of tail to the question.
>Talons come up to ruffle mane as you shift beak upward, nuzzling it to her snout before she gets a smooch above the eyes.
>"Good night, Poppy," you say, her eyes giving a few flutters in some blinks, but giving a titter as you nudge to roll over, knocking her to the side in turn.
>"Mmm... yeah, dude, good night," she says, giving a rub of her hoof from your neck and just between wingbases before shifting in close, but lacking any striped limbs curling over you just now.
>It doesn't seem to take long until your striped companion is snoring into your neck, albeit nothing compared to the minotaur cow a short distance away in her blanket covers.
>Sleep comes for you after another glance around, a really beautiful scene to paint if you had the time, but rest is more important if you happened to find the beast tomorrow.

---

[1/2]
>>
>You yawn and stretch out some, blinking open eyes... before wincing.
>Your head hurt a lot, colors and shapes dancing and mingling in splashes on your vision until both they and the pain went away.
>In the latter's place, it felt like you were... sad? Hurt?
>It really was more like your heart was telling you that you should be feeling that, but there was some kind of fog or disconnect, not really understanding the distraught emotions and just being confused.
>Confusion enhances as you look around, no woods, no late, no zebra, no minotaur.
>Instead, it was a sturdy (if not less-than-well-constructed) building with white walls, griffons wandering through the hall you currently occupied, some with white coats on.
>"Did you fall asleep, sweetie?" a melodic voice asks, twitching your wings as a big set of talons pats your head.
>"I know it's been a hard day, so rest if you need it."
>You remember that voice and recognize this hen as you look up... she was in the dream from the other night!
>White feathers, creamy fur, warm green eyes looking down at you with a tender coo.
>You reach up to grab at her talons, gasping as your silvery ones are easily half the size of hers, hugging onto her slightly golden pair.

>What should you do?
>>
>>28957072
She's... bigger than us? I guess she's our mother then? I don't know anymore.

I don't know. What do we know? Do we remember? Should we start asking things? Can we start asking things?

Who is she? Where are we? Who are we? Why am I here?
>>
>The hen makes a happy noise and perks up her smile as you grasp at her talons, bringing her other set up and cradling your beak and cheekfeathers in them.
>The disconnect of emotions says you should feel warm, happy... and there's less confusion towards that than anything else.
>While you might not remember, it is a motherly love that is heaped into you, ruffling up feathers and sending a shake of joy through furred torso and hind legs.
>You squint your eyes, trying to think of something, to recall, the large hen staring at you curiously until frowning as you make another wince, fierce pain making you squawk out gently.
>"Now, now, settle," she says, coming to nuzzle her beak into your forehead, then tugging you over into her lap.
>If you can't remember, maybe you can find something out through asking, the 'squawk' proving you had a voice, at least here and now.
>"Mom...?" you ask hesitantly despite that warmth still bright in your chest, the lady griffon giving a tilt of her head, then nodding as she looks down over you.
>"Yes, dear?"
>Wings flap as that answers one question, definitively!
>"Where are we? Who am I? Why are we here?" you ask in a hopeful burst, bouncing in her lap, making hen's wings pomf.
>You also get looks at from the passing griffons in the hall, but you barely notice it, looking up at her face.
>"My word, you get chatty after a nap!" she says, laughing as you get clutched into her downy bosom, squirming from it.
>She holds you for several long moments until you relax, settling you into her lap before combing over your head.
>"Well, YOU, mister, are my special little sunbeam," she comments with a chirp, tilting to tap beaks affectionately.
>"Which I'm glad you are so chipper, it helps me be strong. We're at the hospital though, remember? The raid and your father."
>She chokes up on that last part, wings tucking in closer to her body with it.
>"I really hope he makes it out okay," she goes on, tears welled up.

>What should you do?
>>
>>28957366
Wh-what happened?
>>
>>28957366
"He got hurt?"
>>
"What happened? Did he... get hurt?" you ask, starting to understand the emotions that disconnect was trying to force on you, your own beak turning down in a frown.
>Your mother works up a smile again with a sniffle, cheekfeathers lightly damp despite putting on a strong face.
>"You know your dad could never get really hurt, he's too strong and brave for that," she responds, petting down over your back before squeezing in a hug.
>"And he has to keep practicing with you for stickball season coming up. No monsters or minotaurs could keep him from that."
>You tense up momentarily to the mention of horned creatures, world seeming to distort for a second, then a feeling of anger and somehow hopefulness is added to the mix of that fog inside your head.
>Deciphering its intent, though, stops with a flinch as your mother clutches you tight, seeing an indescribable fierceness as she holds you firmly to her front.
>Through chest feathers, you can see a big, muscled bull of a minotaur, missing one horn and badly battered, carried by two griffons on a stretcher down the hall.
>"Do not be minding the prisoner, he cannot do any more harm," a burly voice comments behind you, mother's grip relaxing, letting you turn around to see older looking griffon with the white coat, gray feathers, and black talons.
>"Oh, Doctor Gamali, how is Gann?" the hen shoots off pretty quickly, hugging you close again and taking a deep breath.
>"Your husband is being our best protector, Miss Gada," he replies, nodding with a deep clearing of his throat.
>"He is not awake, but stable."
>"Oh, thank Boreas," your mother breathes out.
>"You can be seeing him... although it might not be good for the little one," he says, pointing down to you.
>The hen looks to him, down to you, swallowing hard, then flapping wings gently a few times.
>"You're old enough, dear. Did you... want to see your father? He won't be as lively as usual, though," she warns.

>What should you do?
>>
>>28957614
Let's see daddy!
>>
>>28957614
I want to see him.
>>
"I want to see daddy!" you let bubble out with a cute screech even, feeling childish for just a moment.
>It is a dream, though, so that doesn't matter - besides, you do want to see him!
>"Ohh! Well, I guess that's a strong griffon's decision right there," your mother says with another laugh, the doctor offering a small smile, but otherwise unamused.
>"Yes, yes, he is being quite strong. Now come," he says, turning and walking down the hall.
>Your mother gets up, holding you in one foreleg before setting you down, giving a nudge of her head to 'c'mon' before she follows after, you doing the same.
>You turn to look at her as you both walk - she truly is a beautiful hen... and not in the primal way.
>Turning to look around is the complete opposite of beauty, small hospital having its rooms full of sick and injured griffons, other griffons in white coats or cute hats helping them as best they can despite the place seeming ill-equipped.
>It's a short trip to the room, the doctor clearing his throat again before opening the door.
>"Please to being quiet," he says before your mother rushes in, coming to the side of the bed before you can even see.
>Gamali waves you in, then steps inside himself and closes the door, staying nearby as you approach the bed too.

[1/2]
>>
>Your talons and paws stop in their tracks as you catch sight of your father, though, small beak gaping.
>What you see is a griffon bound up partly on various parts of his body, one foreleg with a rigid cast and his wings tied down with bandages too, tufts of gray fur from the bindings.
>His face is partly exposed, dark feathers thinned out, eyes closed with short movements as if dreaming despite the rest of him stock-still.
>"Oh Gann, I bet you made those thieves pay," the hen says softly as she pets over dented beak.
>She turns to you with an expression that's... hard to read.
>She looks proud in a sense, but also worried, afraid even as she looks over your small body.
>"Son, you have to promise me... I know you admire your father and rightly so. But I never want to see you like this, dear."
>She sobs a little with this, feeling a mix of emotions both inside and through that strange forced emotions disconnected from you, almost seeming the same.
>"Never join the defenders. You've dreamed of being a big, strong constable like him, but you're meant for bigger, better things."

>What should you do?
>>
Sorry for that long wait, partly loopiness and partly trying how to best type it out. Also sorry for even more expositional and weaker prompts in my opinion, at least - originally thought of doing this as a dream sequence without input, but would have been too long and other stuff.

That's all for tonight, of course - if ever gets past midnight CST, can assume that'll be near the end. Hopefully no one stayed up for this! Will be one more session tomorrow, hopefully closer to 9pm CST, then a couple of days break from work and RL things. Thank you all for playing, reading, bumping, and otherwise!

PS Also, just out of curiosity, what irritates you all about Poppy? She's designed to be irksome in ways, but... well, didn't expect it like up there although, not quite sure that extremism was real or not.
>>
>>28958169
Approach the bedside.

Like... like what? What could be greater?
>>
>>28958189
It was probably a samefag. Don't sweat it, Mute.
>>
Bedtime bump
>>
>>28958189
I can stand Poppy. Not my fave, but she seems loyal to do this with us. That makes up for alot.
>>
morning time bump
>>
>>28959240
>>
>>28960075
>>
>>28958189
I like Poppy. She's sweet when she wants to be.
>>
>>28961163
>>
Well, apparently intended starting times are going to be mere suggestions for the foreseeable future, so I do apologize for that. But we'll get at it again momentarily! And thanks for the feedback - no judging on people liking or disliking a character, but that level of response was kind of a surprise, but guess that other anon was right in the samefagging.
>>
>You walk up next to your mother beside the bed, standing on hindlegs and resting your small talons on it to look at your father closer.
>Being right next to him now, you can see his expression the slight bit grimaced, each breath making his body shudder faintly.
>You look back up to your mother, having followed your gaze to the griffon in the bed, several moments before she looks down to you again.
>"Like what?" you ask with a short flap of your wings.
>"What could be greater than defending nest and family?"
>"Oh, dear, that's not what I meant," she says, puffing up feathers some as she reaches to pat your head, resting it there.
>"That is always important, of course. But times have changed since even when your father and I have been hatchlings. We've been at peace with the ponykind for so long now and... well, aside from some wicked splinters, the same can be said for the other races as well. Griffons are proud warriors, but we need to focus more on developing ourselves. Losing the Idol might have brought bad luck to our kind, but we can change it."
>You stare as she talks even as it turns into a lecture, twitching tail as her other set of talons come to your head, cupping cheeks.
>"You're so smart and talented, you could be anything. You could continue the line of griffon architecture and build a new great monument, you could work for the king and become and help our kingdom grow! There's more to life that claws and talons; you have to be crafty and imaginative to succeed and get bits nowadays."
>Your father grunts and slightly stirs to this... but he doesn't appear to be awake as he resumes his mostly still existence and steady (albeit slightly shallow) breathing.
>"And besides," she starts again, tilting to kiss your forehead before leaning back.
>"Asking this is my way of defending you, dear."

>What should you do?
>>
>>28963483
I'll do my best mom. I promise to do my best to help the kingdom. Also to help you and dad too.
>>
"I'll do my best, mom, for you and dad and the kingdom and everyone!" you say with a tiny little roar to back it up, the doctor shushing you sharply for it.
>Your mother cocks a grin on one side of her face, clucking tongue and scooping you up into downy bosom again, petting over head and back as she does.
>"You sure changed your mind fast there from what I've heard before," she comments with a tsk, making you squawk among those pets as she tickles near your wingbases.
>You struggle some with giggles, Gamali sighing in the front of the room as you two play-fight for some moments before the hen nuzzles her beak over your head.
>"But I'll trust in you, dear."
>Your father groans, shifts some, Gamali flapping over and your mom keeping you held in one foreleg, turning towards him again with far less humor on her face.
>"Ahh, gentle, honey," she comments, rubbing as careful as she can over his back, making him wince when bandaged wings get even grazed.
>"Yes, you are still needing the rest," the doctor says with a gentle clap of his talons.
>"It is not the time for you to... wake up."
>Your head cocks back as the doctor's expression changes, talking in a less burly tone and whispering loudly as he says.
>"You need wake up, dude," he goes on, though his voice in a familiar tone of your striped companion.
>The world shakes, flashes of light bounce... then darkness as it feels like your eyes are forced closed.
>You slowly try to open them, succeeding to see the forest in the beginnings of sunlight through the somewhat open canopy around the lake.
>"C'mon, man, wake up and be quiet," Poppy whispers into the back of your neck, hard to hear from minotaur snoring going on loudly behind you.
>Her body wiggles, making yours shake too as she has her limbs wrapped around you, one of her forelegs covering your beak as she seemingly grapples you.

>What should you do?
>>
>>28963955
Give her a tap or something to let her know that we're awake, and try to take a look around for why we need to be quiet.
>>
>You carefully shift one of your talons, prodding a foreleg with one, which makes you soundlessly grunt as she tightens up before relaxing slightly.
>"Thank goodness," the zebra whispers, still holding onto you and mocking deep breathing as you look around.
>It looks like a lovely morning in the scary, shadowy forest, although the pond-side spot did have good lighting from its lack of trees.
>There's definitely nothing you notice that the zebra should be coiled around you and squirming up against your backside like this, small rustle of feathers in their pin against her.
>"I messed up, dude, I'm sorry," she goes on after a few moments more, still hard to understand as she speaks while Parsnip takes that deep breath in with each snore.
>You squint eyes, trying to turn to look at her, but any attempt to move stopped by the tangle of striped limbs holding you.
>"Don't look!" she says, quick heated whisper making you shudder pressed into your neck.
>"Dunno what it is... in the water, but I... ~feel~ it," she says while snore-whispering.
>"Unless you can think-a... 'nother plan, you're gonna hafta... get the high ground solo when letcha go."
>Her speaking gets a heavier sense of rapidity as she continues, you tracing a question mark into her foreleg.
>"You're the only one that... can fly up, man.... At least you'll be safe.... Will try to get my spear in the distraction."

>What should you do? (You can communicate loosely by trailing talon over her leg as needed)
>>
Whew, sorry for passing out like that. Work taking more out of me than I thought - hopefully no one stayed around intently for this (like I said, after midnight CST, it's highly probable something like this will have happened if I disappear).

End for tonight, of course, and need to take a break tomorrow for scheduled late work and just to get better rest in the afterwards. Gonna shoot for 9~9:30pm CST on Wednesday as return time. Sorry for shorter night and coming late the past couple of times. Thank you for playing, reading, bumping, and otherwise!
>>
Worktime bump
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.