[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tfh/ Them's Fightin' Herds - Manesix next stream

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 39

File: 1094330.jpg (432KB, 1280x1564px) Image search: [Google]
1094330.jpg
432KB, 1280x1564px
https://twitter.com/ManeSix/status/801248573065039873

>Mane6 Work Stream XII next Monday (for one time only!), November 28 - 3PM PDT (Pacific Daylight Time)
http://time.is/PDT

there is, the stream is this Monday at a different hour, now you don't have an excuse except that everyone is working/studying at that time

>3 pm PDT
What a horrible time to stream, seriously
I will bump this thread until Sunday, we can make a new one after that
any ideas to bring more people here? I don't wanna go to the forums, I just want to talk shit about the devs without getting banned, these threads about VIDEOGAMES should be on a VIDEOGAME board like /vg/
>>
>>28940891
I have never been able to catch these streams, really wish they'd do one on a weekend.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USBUKJKNjl8

Still his best song ever. It looks like FIM was really limiting this artist on how well he could compose.
>>
>>28940891
i know that a lot of people hate this game and everyone who talks about it, but im not trying to start a flame war or trying to be offensive here, im just a pleb who doesnt know shit and is curious about this.
how exactly is this related to mlp?
the characters look kinda similar, but there arent any that i recognize from tbe show itself.
>>
>>28940961
It was originally a mlp game, c&d happened and team changed it to tfh.
Turns out 4chan hate for colored equines still strong and forced the discussion on here only.
>>
>>28940961
The game was originally "Fighting is Magic" but Hasbro gave them a C&D because "fuck fan made videogames" Lauren Faust liked the project and said
>hey guys, I can design some OC's for your project if you want to keep working on it
Lauren is their character designer now, she wrote the lore and drew the new characters to replace the mlp ones
>>
>>28940961
This project has a long running history. As others have said, it used to be a MLP fan game called "Fighting is Magic" - one of the earliest fan games in the making to speak of really. The team working on it published the first video of WIP footage somewhen in the break between S1 and S2 if memory serves right.

Development dragged on and on and became a bit of a rollercoaster with team members jumping ship and the project hanging in jeopardy now and again, but people never stopped being super excited about what was the most professionally made, ambitious and promising looking pony fan project there was at the time.

When Hasbro shut Fighting is Magic down by force of lawyers, I want to say after three years or so of development, the game was supposedly just 2 weeks away from being officially finished and released by the developers. It was one hell of a heartbreak for everyone - and an event which would forever damage the relationship between pony fans and Hasbro, detering people from working on ambitious fan projects to this day.

Lauren Faust had been eyeing the project a little, commending it's faithful portrayal of the MLP characters as well as the high quality animation work. Now when it was shut down, that was actually just shortly after she left DHX (on what people suspect were unhappy terms, related to Hasbro taking more control of the creative process). So in what probably was a mix of kindheartedness towards the MLP community and spite towards Hasbro, she offered to design new characters for the Fighting is Magic devs so that they could salvage some of their work and release the game under their own IP. In the same vein, Mike Zaimont of Skullgirls fame jumped in and offered to let the team use the Skullgirls engine free of charge. With that, Them's Fightin' Herds came to be.

cont.
>>
>>28940961
>>28942394

So why is the game so controversial?

Not everyone is happy with the way the C&D panned out. A lot of people felt "betrayed" that they'd go for a remake without ponies, instead of, I don't know, moving to China to release the original game under the radar, out of Hasbro's reach. It's also questionable how the "good guys" that were working on this big epic fan game for years, fueled on nothing but love for the community, suddenly ask for half a million bucks on kickstarter, adamant that that's just what making this game costs.

So the people are pretty divided on this one now. Are the devs spineless cashgrabbing traitors, shamelessly trying to milk the community that made them big, or did the devs do the best they could given the circumstances and are completely justified in making a living off the game? Does the game's heritage make it /mlp/ material, or should this not even be on here now that the ponies are gone...? At any rate, there will never be a thread about it that's not shit, that's for sure.
>>
>>28940891
So there are just 6 characters, but a story mode and some lore behind?
There will be more added after reléase?
>>
>>28940990
>>28941688
>>28942394
>>28942399
wow guys.
i guess i shouldnt always underestimate the people here.
these are probably the best answers ive gotten for any question anywhere ever.
thank you.
>>
>>28942562
>there will be more added after release?
They confirmed 1 more (a goat), they "want" to build 17 characters but they are not sure about it

>a story mode and some lore behind
Faust wrote the lore for the game
http://fyre-flye.deviantart.com/journal/BACKSTORY-Them-s-Fightin-Herds-563417838
(not the best lore ever made but still something)

https://www.mane6.com/?cat=56
The chapters are numbered, from the button to the top
>>
>>28942399

>It's also questionable how the "good guys" that were working on this big epic fan game for years

Don't help at all that they show loudy every fucking progress everywhere in youtube, EQD or even facebook and the final nail was the EVO. Look quite intentional or very retarded to be honest
>>
>>28942871
>Two weeks away from completion
>Aw no a Cn'D sorry guiz

What the fuck. I'm sorry, but with 2 weeks to go after all that effort I would have finished it anyway and whoops been unexpectedly haxx0red and there it goes into the internet. 2 weeks to go my ass.
>>
>>28942897
it still hurts man. even when you are almost done, people tend to shit you up even when they address the content properly
ask the developers of chrno trigger: crimson echoes. they were so close to finish and square enix decided to tell them to fuck off
almost 5 years to the trash
>>
>>28942897
I also call bullshit on those "2 weeks left", but then, I don't doubt they *thought* they were going to release it in two weeks. Seeing how they also thought they were going to release it, like, one year ago back then, and that year ago they would think they would release it another year ago, and so on. They are a weird perfectionist bunch. I expect delays on TFH and so should you.

I faintly recall, on one of the streams, them remarking something along the lines of, if TFH didn't become a possibility, a """leak""" like that happening would not have been unthinkable. But like the devs were split on that, it just came up on the spot, they apparently had arguments about that among themselves.

But they also explained over and over that they have consulted with lawyers and that there was serious risk in pulling a stunt like that.

>>28942871
However, the notion that the C&D was provoked in any way (or worse yet, intentional) is retarded. They reluctantly did updates on their website, like, tiny specs every couple of months, because people kept buggin them to do so like crazy. Having people play it at the EVO indie booth is not showboating, it's just the cheapest way imaginable to get a bunch of capable players to playtest. And when EQD goes crazy over every sentence they post, or retards try to get it on the EVO main stage and do charity fundraising using the game without the dev team even being aware, you really can't blame *them*...
>>
>>28943029

>without the dev team even being aware, you really can't blame *them*...

Any legit source of this?

you can simply give the order to EQD to not post about your progress until the launch like the anon that make megapony or the future underground cello(that game with octavia).

They literally allowed to EQD to post about that C&D bait without any problem.

They want the C&D to make TFH. Lauren Faust was just a great bonus of the C&D drama
>>
>>28942897
It happens, unfortunately. I was part of an RTS mod project back in ~2006; we were doing a total conversion of another game but got fucked by Microsoft about a month out from our expected primary release date. What was shit about it is that we'd cleared it with them beforehand; they just changed their minds about being nice to us.
>>
How to TFH thread

>make this thread
>get ignored
>make a bump or false bump(post a webm/fanart and then move on or just this pasta) every 5 hour or when the thread reach the page 9/10
>get archived

BUMP
>>
So when is this coming out anyway, is there any eta ?

>>28942897

If there is any suspicion on the fact that they had kept working on it they would have gotten blasted from orbits by a lawsuit big enough to destroy their lives. You're a fucking child if you think that's a risk worth taking for a side project.
>>
>>28942897

Nah, they would probably delay the game until the C&D happen.

The C&D was a fucking blessing for their pockets thanks to TFH
>>
>>28944397
this.

Still glad they're gonna get paid for their efforts though.
>>
>>28940891
that unicorn had better have cloven hooves
is that a dragon in the back or a kirin without a horn?
why are there two llamas?
>>
>>28944948
oh, she's a longma. awesome. those never get represented.
>>
>>28942791
>17
one of those had better be an unplayable boss or something. the ideal number of characters in a fighting game is a square number, so the character select screen can be square. but even more ideally, one less than a square number with an odd root (24, 35, etc) so there can be a center tile for hidden characters, boss, whatever.
>that lore
man i was with it until the long-horned long-bearded prophet was a girl. cant non-villainous males ever be important?
Neat idea though.
>>
>>28943462
Dev team not being aware of people doing the EVO drive? Check the earliest post on their website (that has not been deleted), "C&D Megapost", they talk about that in there (section "Why’d you go for the 8th slot at evo with an unfinished game?")
>>
>>28944397
>>28944762
They could not possibly have guessed that Lauren was going to hook them up, or that they would get the SG engine, or that they would successfully crowdfund the new game for that matter (crowdfund happened waaay after the C&D). Sure in retrospect things turned out golden. But it's not like they were banking on that and hoping to get shot down, they got lucky when it happened is all
>>
Up
>>
>>28940891
>>
>>28945011
>the ideal number of characters in a fighting game is a square number, so the character select screen can be square
That's a pretty bad reason to change the number of characters. Any marginally competent designer will be able to make it look good with any number of characters you come up with.
>>
>>28945523
They had a chance, and destiny give it to them. Now it's up to them to take it or fuck it up, and so far they are trying so is okay
>>
>>28945523
>They could not possibly have guessed that Lauren was going to hook them up

not really what I was implying. And I agree with your other statements.
>>
>>28945011
If memory serves me right, i think the goat it's going to be a male.
In theory we will have a male hero
>>
>>28947521
that would be an interesting group dynamic I think
>>
File: boop.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
boop.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>28949127
There will be boops in the game?
>>
>>28949147
>$300kk's idea right there.
>>
>>28944352
What was child-like was doing this project with any way of allowing yourself to be traced. They didn't have to attach their names to it or start a website. I grant you however, they starting out thinking Hasbro was on-board with fan projects. I also grant that they didn't think about it very hard if they thought Hasbro would be OK with a game where their little Pony characters would be smashing each other violently about the head.
>>
File: IMG_1433.jpg (376KB, 1024x1229px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1433.jpg
376KB, 1024x1229px
>>28947521
>male goat
i hope he looks girly
>>
File: cat isis.png (33KB, 189x189px) Image search: [Google]
cat isis.png
33KB, 189x189px
>>28950390
Is not a sin if the goat is girly enough?
>>
>>28940891
Did you really need the thread days in advance rather than a few hours before the stream?
>>
>>28950418
it helps hyping up the stream
>>
>>28950467
3 days prior is quite the wait, but at least the stream will be gud. Can't wait to see the new combos due to changes to OTGs, Arizona and Oleander will be great.
>>
File: tumblr_nplxtqNrCs1uql5vco1_1280.jpg (570KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nplxtqNrCs1uql5vco1_1280.jpg
570KB, 1280x1707px
>>28947521
Now we speculate on which pony the goat is based on.

If it's really a male then I guess Big Mac. He can be a big tough ram who doesn't talk much.

If it's a girl, then I bet it's Derpy. Goats are naturally derp-prone creatures.
>>
>>28952326
It's Zecora. He(?) is going to be an old sage kind of character and "master of balance" who will climb walls apparently. Can't see why they couldn't change the gender, Zecora seems like the perfect fit.

I'm sceptical towards the combo changes. For one it makes the game less intuitive (for labrats, probably not for newcomers). If I get this right, groundbounces are still limited, but attacks which just have you touch the ground normally now allow you OTG them as many times as you want? Shouldn't it be the other way around...? Where does that tumbling state they introduced fit into the bill, is that just very long hitstun now? I also seems like it will make combos way same-ier. If you remove a restriction as broad as that, usually means the optimal combo routes have more repitition as a result of that. Like imagine I could link 10 sweeps on the ground and they can never tech that (hypothetically), that probably does more damage than elaborately juggling them around using lighter attacks.
>>
>>28940891
I backed this, haven't been following it closely though. How's it coming along? How many characters are in a somewhat working state? Have we learnt anything about the seventh character? Do we have a very rough idea of when they're on track to be releasing?
>>
>>28952412
All 6 characters are presentable-ish. Lots of missing animations but they show and work on all of them now.

Absolutely 0 news about the seventh character. It's a goat, it's a guy. That's it.

Game seems to come along as scheduled so I'd say you can expect it to be out in Q1 2017 as promised.
>>
>>28940891
Its been like 5 years, how are they still not done with a fucking 2D fighting game?
>>
>>28953126
It's pretty much been two seperate games they've been working on

That being said I highly doubt they've actually been actively working in it at all times throughout. Like between the C&D and the crowdfund there's been a year, and there were times where they wouldn't update the website for over half a year while it was still Fighting is Magic. I guess it was an on and off thing, can't blame them when it was just a spare time project
>>
>>28953333
>Got $500 000 from backers
>spare time project

And people are OK with this? I have to get some publicity for my game and get backers who dont care about waiting 5 years too.
>>
>>28953362
No I meant, that was probably what was going on when they didn't have money yet. Ever since they got funded they do regular updates and seem to be on a good pace.
>>
>no new drawings of smugdeer waifu
sadness
>>
>>28953362
>>28953370
I mean, it's just been a year since they got the money and supposedly the game is going to be out within the next couple of months
>>
>>28953381
someday my friend.
someday...
>>
>>28952326
>Now we speculate on which pony the goat is based on
I rather have the goat be a stand alone character that isn't based on a pony.
>>
>>28954305
i think they discussed that too
making him an stand-alone instead of copy some pony.
i think faust would use some of her rejected ideas on him/her/it
>>
File: OptimisticFlawedGerbil.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
OptimisticFlawedGerbil.webm
3MB, 640x360px
this is why QA testing is so important.
>>
>>28953333
Quads confirm. The fact that we're getting a TFH is the important thing. The goal was to build a good fighting game - not just a reskin, whether it's pony or not.
>>
>>28954445
Not pictured here - they could easily have continued the combo afterwards, as her lvl2 resets some of the juggle meter and she can land the lasso afterwards
>>
>>28954445
This kind of shit is what I disliked the original game.
>>
>>28954953
Not going to lie, that phrasing severely triggers me. There never was an "original game" you played, just a leaked alpha build of a game in development, you can COUNT on it being broken once you spend a bit of time with it, and there's nothing wrong with that... That's what you sign up for when you want to play it all competitively when it's clearly not suited to be played yet...
>>
>>28954992
Granted, but the alpha is testing the core gameplay, and if part of the gameplay is the possibility to do infinite combos unless the other players knows how to cancel into an escape, then I think it's still fair to hate it. I've been to a few cons and played Fighting is Magic against people, and the absolute biggest dickhole there? The guy who set the game up, because he'd practiced the infinite combos and refused to teach people how to cancel out of them. After the con I had to check online what the justification was to let a practiced sperg mop the floor with other players in a single string of attacks.
>>
>>28955078
That's not how it works! For example, for alpha testing they might just as well go "let's disable variables like juggle limits / gravity scaling to let the testers freely explore which attacks link into what" and then as long as the testers know that's in place they can test other stuff, knowing that the devs are not just "aware" of flaws with the current system but actually introduced them for testing purposes!

For the Fighting is Magic leak for example, special moves didn't even have damage scaling enabled! Rarity didn't have a proper ground tech yet! Those are not problems when you're testing completely different things at the moment!

The devs said multiple times that most things people claimed were ""bugs"" in the leak were things they were more aware of than anyone else! That's just what you get when you take a random WIP build and try to play it "for real"! They are not suited to have real, competitive matches in!

The guy who played the leak extensively is not a "dickhole", it's just him who can show you up why playing the game competitively is a joke! You don't need to spend a huge amount of time to figure out how to do utterly broken stuff in the leak! That's not the fault of the ambitious player, OR of the devs, that's just what happens when you play an unfinished game!
>>
>>28955129
This isn't a universal counter-argument, though. I've playtested alpha builds before. The Fighting is Magic leak wasn't an intended playtest, I don't think, but usually if there are core problems in the alpha, there will be core problems in the final build. I don't really know coding, but I have kind of a suspicion that having physics that permits infinite juggles might be a core problem.
>>
>>28954953
I want to add, that's exactly what you see in that webm! It was posted on the backer forum with the dev saying that that's a consequence of the reworked OTG rules! It's not like they don't know that it's a problem, just, they can't fix everything at once! First they rework the general combo rules, then they can finetune specific cases! But reworking the overarching ruleset is naturally going to mess up individual cases! That doesn't make it a bad change, even though it temporarily breaks more than it fixes, it just means it comes with a lot of work attached!
>>
>>28955153
I think you vastly overestimate how "core" that kind of stuff is! Making the game unplayable is always just a small variable away! So is shutting off combo routes entirely! At any rate it's stuff you can't do sensible work on if you don't even so much as have all the moves implemented yet!
>>
>>28955153
See I can understand the sentiment that you need to fix flawed mechanical baselines first, before you do other stuff. If I want to create a 2d jump&run game, if jumping and running feels like shit, no matter how good the graphics are, no matter what creative levels I create, it will never not feel bad! And reworking base mechanics might make require me to redesign levels I already did, so I better get that worked out first!

But when you're making a fighting game, crafting strong mechanics IS the entire game! So they're working on many fronts at the same time. Every single move's hitboxes and timings and effects on hit or block need to work perfectly together across all of the cast, having something like a juggle limit in place is a comparatively small aspect of the whole game!

It's like if in that 2d jump&run, the alpha build had it so that when you die your life counter won't go down. It would make the game laughably easy if that was the "release build", it's a "core mechanic" if you will, but it's just not something crucial that instantly needs to be worked in, it might actually make sense to have infinite lifes for testing! Now a tester wouldn't go "oh it's a nice game but it's way too easy because you have infinite lives", because obviously the devs know about that! And that's kind of how it is with a lot of the things in the fighting is magic alpha! It's also why the devs were so reluctant about being more open with the game, doing public tests and stuff - it simply wouldn't serve much purpose unless you specifically know what you're supposed to be looking out for!

I think I need to stop ranting about this now
>>
boop
>>
File: ShorttermFluffyDrongo.webm (1MB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
ShorttermFluffyDrongo.webm
1MB, 640x352px
question is now how will paprika's lv 2 work.
>>
This thread is supposed to die so we make a new one tomorrow, just saying

>>28956606
That move is the pure definition of >rape I fucking love it
>>
>>28956606
Awesome fight clip. Guess I'll hold out from commenting further until tomorrow.

Whoever makes a new thread, pls pick a new image for the OP.
>>
>>28955129
>>28955154
>>28955184
>>28955326
Nearly every sentence ends with an exclamation point! Why on earth would you do that! It's really annoying to read! Please stop!
>>
>>28957204
I was riled up okay...!
>>
File: Phoenix-Wright-Take-That.png (144KB, 388x480px) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix-Wright-Take-That.png
144KB, 388x480px
>>28957204
you just have to do it!
>>
>>28957173
>Whoever makes a new thread, pls pick a new image for the OP.
Might as well keep this thread since it's too late to make a new thread anyways. Wasn't there someone on the official team that usually start these threads anyways?
>>
>>28959011
as far as i know, one of the dev team used to post in this thread, but after the indiegogo worked he has been busy with the game
i think he posted in the aniversary thread, but after that he went silent again
>>
>>28959011
>it's too late to make a new thread anyways
Too late? the Stream starts in 10 hours

>Wasn't there someone on the official team that usually start these threads anyways?
There was a dev answering things but he left this place on February
Now we have a QA tester here (this guy >>28955129, he loves to use "!") I think he might be Oreo but im not sure about it
>>
boop
>>
>>28960293
let it die so we make a new one
>>
up
>>
>>28960871
nah
>>
File: [cow noises].png (151KB, 864x720px) Image search: [Google]
[cow noises].png
151KB, 864x720px
>>28961441
Thanks for ruining the plan, the idea is to make a new thread

>>28940891
>3PM PDT
Stream when??
>>
File: Pom's Dad.jpg (55KB, 530x373px) Image search: [Google]
Pom's Dad.jpg
55KB, 530x373px
>>28947521
I hope he ends up looking like adult Chirin
>>
>>28961550
30 bings.
>>
>>28961550
why make a new thread? this one manged to survive. also, the OP stated the time when the stream was going to happen
>>
IT BEGINS!
>>
WOW it's literally the same lobby scene mockup they showed last stream
>>
Unable to attend but bring back any screencaps and webms.
>>
File: talk_shit.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
talk_shit.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>28961949
ill try
>>
>>28962054
the guys are planing to make the story gameplay like a semi RPG like MK:mythologies?
>>
File: NO, DON'T TOUCH THAT!.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
NO, DON'T TOUCH THAT!.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>28961919
Its a demo and update at the same time

>>28962106
Something like that, Lauren just started to write the story mode
>>
>>28962132
i wonder if they will allow you to change characters in some spots, like in FF or Chrono Trigger
>>
File: Oleander stage.png (630KB, 673x370px) Image search: [Google]
Oleander stage.png
630KB, 673x370px
Shit cap, but damn that stage is pretty
>>
So, other than the Big Bad God Predator what are some other Preds you'd like to see in the plot?
I'd kinda like it if each character had a Different Shadow Predator to taunt them about the door to their cage opening
>>
>>28962186
those two over there look like they went to oleander's secret place in the woods to snuggle

>>28962249
i expect the predators change with territory.
tigers in the savahnna, wolfs in the snow, bears in the woods, wild dogs in the fields, and pumas in the mountains.
i expect the giant dragon/lion in the gate at the end
i would like to see a human as an optional boss, due to humans being in the top of the food chain
>>
>>28962308
>That Spoiler
I'd rather have something like a Neanderthal or other early hominid
>>
File: baby-crying-dancing-monkeys.gif (977KB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
baby-crying-dancing-monkeys.gif
977KB, 499x281px
>>28962308
>spoiler
Hard as fuck Guerrilla secret boss when?
>>
>>28962249
I would love to see an alligator, hyaena (i love their "laughs") or a bear
I just want a "not totally evil" predator that can be a future playable character

>>28962308
>>28962407
On earlier threads anons were hyped by a monkey with a gun/shotgun and a pith helmet
I love that idea
>>
>>28962407
>>28962474
>>28962667
with this ideas, i go with a big gorilla with a giant bone mace. very prehistoric
>>
I don't know where everyone got their information, but the goat is going to be a girl. That's been confirmed in so many streams by now.
>>
>>28963063
i think i been outdated then. i don't watch too much streams, even on YT
>>
File: Order_Carnivora.jpg (168KB, 576x532px) Image search: [Google]
Order_Carnivora.jpg
168KB, 576x532px
>>28962746
I like this idea, I know they are going for "4-legged mammals only" but they need some diversity because the Carnivora family is too small
>pic related
>>
>>28963597
>hiena
It would be an interesting predator
>>
Anyone else a bit underwhelmed with the stream? Hate to be a downer but it felt like there wasn't a single thing we hadn't seen yet.
>>
>>28964265
most likely because they were cleaning up behind the scenes shit.
>>
>>28964265
I wanna see more QA testing matches but at the end this is what happens when a game starts getting closer and closer to its final form, there are less "new things" to add in the gameplay so the last things we got to see are just visual/graphical updates

>it felt like there wasn't a single thing we hadn't seen yet

they are finally working on Paprika and her super/specials and the rest of the cast has a pretty well defined moveset, after that we will see just a few balance changes and everything else will be visual updates, sprite-animation updates, stage updates and some lobby-story mode updates (nit so much from the last one to avoid spoilers) and thats all
>>
File: TFHerds-ArizonaVSPomPups.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TFHerds-ArizonaVSPomPups.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: TFHerds-PomVsArizona.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TFHerds-PomVsArizona.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I can ship it.
>>
File: TFHerds-BombPop.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TFHerds-BombPop.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Or this.

Bomb Popsicle palette of Smugdeer.
>>
File: Arizona_vs_Velvet_2.png (397KB, 1024x696px) Image search: [Google]
Arizona_vs_Velvet_2.png
397KB, 1024x696px
I will try to make a few webms tomorrow

>>28964627
Pom is like "I don't wanna try this way"
>>
File: TFHerds-Paprika_fruit.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TFHerds-Paprika_fruit.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Paprika's animation is still being worked on and now she can now throw gifts of fruit at her opponent. The fruit can then be eaten by either party as a health boost. The fruit always hits them in the head. :D
>>
File: Tianhuo_and_Oleander.png (1MB, 1276x717px) Image search: [Google]
Tianhuo_and_Oleander.png
1MB, 1276x717px
Tianhuo's animation was being worked on too.

Really nice background artwork here.
>>
File: TFH-swamp-background.png (1MB, 1279x703px) Image search: [Google]
TFH-swamp-background.png
1MB, 1279x703px
>>28962186
Here's a larger image of the full swamp background.
>>
File: Lobby_battle_start_card.png (2MB, 1887x986px) Image search: [Google]
Lobby_battle_start_card.png
2MB, 1887x986px
Arizona and Velvet meet in the lobby and banter a bit. It seems the reindeer will have a Scandinavian accent.
>>
File: Lobby_battle_start_card copy.png (2MB, 1887x986px) Image search: [Google]
Lobby_battle_start_card copy.png
2MB, 1887x986px
>>
Then this happened. A predator came out to fight Arizona.

In the livestream, the game devs said there were be several predators and that the ones shown so far are only loose sketches for placeholders. The predators will be better defined.
>>
File: TFH-Lobby_battle_with_predator.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TFH-Lobby_battle_with_predator.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>28965277
Oops. Forgot to add the screen cap showing the predator.
>>
>>28965247
Weve seen that exact quip and

>>28965288
that exact fight last stream already.
>>
>>28965508
we are working with what we got
the YT upload won't be ready until friday probably
>>
>>28965508
Well, it was new to me. Not everyone watches every second of every stream.
>>
>>28965518
Nothing wrong with that, just saying if you've been following development closely there wasn't a single new thing really. Like literally I didn't see Tian's new command dash in motion yet or how the numbers they tinkered with affect combos but other than that, there wasn't anything new whatsoever. And even those things, they've already talked about them in the forums.

There's no other way to put it, I'm left wondering what they DID the last month

I'm also starting to get the creeping suspicion, all these things they keep saying are super rough WIP placeholders (hitsparks, oleanders fireball and idle animation, pretty much every single Velvet attack), they just keep piling up and at some point you're wondering when they're going to redo all of that, or rather, if they're still going to do that at all. The game is supposed to be out in early 2017 after all. We also didn't get a heads up on the dynamic music in a long while.

I don't want to doomsay and I don't want them to rush things, I'd rather have delays than a halfassed job but yeah ultimately this stream made me a little uneasy
>>
>>28965754
Lindsay's still doing bg shit,
Nappy was working on the rpg map shit,
Leedin's still doing the puppets,
Stuart's still on that music,
Beta and Pineapple are coding,
and I'm guessing Jay and Anukan are still working on sprites and general arts.

Did I miss any?
>>
>>28965754
>all these things they keep saying are super rough WIP placeholders (hitsparks, oleanders fireball and idle animation, pretty much every single Velvet attack), they just keep piling up and at some point you're wondering when they're going to redo all of that, or rather, if they're still going to do that at all

Just read >>28964474
the visual effects and animations are part of the last things to be updated, the gameplay and all the movesets will be on its beta version and then everything else will be completed/polished
Gameplay first, you can know how much time takes to make an idle animation but when you are coding you don't know when a random bug can spawn nor how much time will take to fix it, just change one value and the entire game feel can change, animations are the visual representation of the character and it's made when the character gameplay is complete
>>
I am primarily interested in the art direction, design, and animation of the game, as well as the Lore and Story. Yesterday's stream said that Faust is working on the game Story now. The backgrounds are looking really nice. I can see that the animation is steadily being worked on for various characters and I notice when they add new pieces or steps to the animations. There's been good advancement of the lighting too. Overall, I am satisfied with the game's progress.

From what I've gathered it seems that beta testing is coming up in the spring, with the actual game release later on (perhaps summer). I'd rather Mane6 take their time and put out a good game, rather than rushing things.
>>
>>28966276
Yeah, Lauren.
>>
/v/irgin here checking in on this shit. I'm interested. hope it's not shit. seems interesting
hope it shapes up

>skullgirls engine
wew lad
>>
>>28967574
I played countless of hours playing the leaked built. It showed a lot of potential and the devs definitely know their fightan. I'm confident this is going to be a fun little game.

I'm not confident the devs are going to deliver on time / bring all the little tiny things they promised however. Core fighting is going to be fun but when you look at promises like the mmo-style-lobby, completely optional and perfectly integrated into standard menu matchmaking, with interactive spectating and collectible items to showcase, or the dynamic music system remixing tunes on the fly depending on what's happening ingame, customized for every single character, or the rpg-lite style single player mode, with extensive story telling, where you walk around and like do little quests, the extensive trial mode where you can propose your own challenges and upload them for others to try, complete with resets and what not... I don't think it's unfair to assume, at least SOME of that is going to fall short of expectations...
>>
>>28968109
shit, i though i posted this in the normal norman thread
sorry
>>
boop
>>
>>28969182
Just let it die. The stream ended, and it'll be a month before it comes up again.
>>
>>28969401
but we can talk about it.
also, the ones who couldn't saw it are waiting for the YT upload so we can have cool webms
we could made them gifs so we can post them on DB, but then we couldn't be able to post them here due to the file size
>>
>>28969520
You can actually get webms from DB, it just defaults to displaying them as .gif for some reason. All you have to do is change the extension

https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2016/5/24/1161711__safe_animated_eating_youtube+link_cow_nom_them's+fightin'+herds_community+related_arizona+cow_chewing.webm
>>
>>28969572
huh, this is new to me. thanks for the tip
>>
>>28969401
Waaaah. Muh /mlp/!
>>
>>28969748
You've missed the shot, the ball, and most importantly, the point.
>>
These threads are always so sad when they're coming to an end. There's nothing to really talk about but the excitement is still fresh enough for a pity bumb once every half an hour

Cause you know when this thread is dead, that's the last time you will see one of these for another month
>>
>>28970871
meh, better than be a general that it's just full of bumps waiting for a small green that will never compare to the ones they had in the beginning
>>
File: ANGER.jpg (40KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
ANGER.jpg
40KB, 900x900px
>>28940891
TAKE YOUR SHITTY DEER AND GET THE FUCK OUT MY BOARD!!!
>>
>>28971387
LOL! Wat do when your special board has cows and deer on it? Perhaps just go to bed.
>>
>>28969520
I could make webms now from the twitch archive but this is the shittiest month of the year , I have fucking tons of endless work every fucking day until Christmas, I'm even posting in 4chan from my phone
I fucking hate Winter,
>>
>>28971740
ah, ok. thanks for the info
>>
so, when are going to be posted the streams?
>>
>>28972849
Tomorrow, I guess
>>
>>28973095
thanks for the tip
>>
Why don't you guys move this general over to trash?
>>
streams are up
>1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL2JiBVju_U
>2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar7lUUlYeqA

>>28973532
nah, it will be turned into furry porn thread #791
>>
well, we have the streams, we saw the new content, and we had some discussion.
what now?
>>
>>28974086
...bump til post limit?
>>
>>28965203
>>28965216

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S25R3FGwPZw
>>
>>28974608
cool
>>
File: milk.png (297KB, 640x757px) Image search: [Google]
milk.png
297KB, 640x757px
>>
>>28976043
sauce?
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.