[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darkest Hour CYOA 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 9

File: 868598.png (388KB, 811x456px) Image search: [Google]
868598.png
388KB, 811x456px
Six months have passed since Celestial Siblings defeated Discord and turned him into stone.

Six months have passed since first Equestrian banners rose above Canterlot,former residence of chaos god.

Six months have passed since ponies throughout the world were united under the rule of royal sisters.

But the peace has not yet come into the kingdom.Bandits and outlaws oppress local population, dragons and griffins raid border towns and terrifying monsters,spawned by Discord's ill imagination still roam the land.

It is up to you now to stop them!
You are a member of the Night Guard,fresh out of training and eager to protect your homeland
from all kinds of danger.

You are Frosty Rime, unicorn mare with a talent for cryomancy, private of first Hillhoof regiment.
Current equipment:
Bronze armor and helm of Night Guard.
Spear.

Current party members:
Wild Gust - pegasus mare, private of first Hillhoof regiment.
Argent Dawn - lieutenant earth pony stallion, lieutenant of Night Bringers regiment, known for their worshipping of Moon and Princess Luna.

Previous thread:
>>28911213
>>
"Hey, Gust, what's the matter?Noticed something?"
She blinked a couple of times and shook her head.
"No, nothing, i was just shocked a bit - this whole underground complex and this statue and.." - she began whispering -
"this speech.I just thought lieutenant was reserved one.I did not expect such emotional reaction from him."
Lieutenant was already pushing the massive doors open and you rushed to help him. After some effort you managed to move the doors enough for you to squeeze between them
and emerged into a long hallway. Some kind of magical orbs, put into some niches in the walls, illuminated the room with a faint silver light, and the exit on the other side of the room obviously led upstairs.
"Hurry up, the faster we will reach the surface, the better." Argent Dawn said and steadily moved to the exit.
"Hey, shouldn't we be searching for survivors right now?" Gust whispered to you."Not that I complain, but don't you think it is strange?"
>>
>>28929783
i assume there must be some urgent reason for us to get up there.
i do hope we are not the only survivors though
>>
>>28929783
>>28929807
Yeah, I agree. Let's keep respecting the chain of command until we have a compelling reason not to.
>>
>>28929807
>>28929812

"There must be some reason for us to go upstairs, though I have no idea what could it be."
You silentle moved through the cave system, occasionaly finding some bloodstains ore corpses of monsters, but no ponies - alive or dead.
Finally, after half an hour you have reached an exit, remains of rocks that had blocked the way were now scattered all over the place.
"As I expected" - snorted Dawn."I suppose you remeber, you should immediately show yourself to medical team?
We do not know if these monsters were poisonous, or contagious.There were some nasty incidents in the past." Gust gulped, unpleasantly surprised by such possibility.

Finally you emerged under the clear sky, and daylight forced you to screw your eyes up. On the plateau near the mountain, in which cave system was located, tent camp was set up.
When you came close to it, two ponies in black robes and strange masks rushed towards you.
"Don't worry, just a quick check.We need to get sure that you are not contaminated. Not that this particular breed of monsters seems contagious, but protocol is protocol." explained one of the ponies, while another,
seemingly unicorn, enveloped all of you in some magical aura.Afyet a brief moment, satisfied with results, he nodded to his companion.
"Well, seems you are alive and healthy"- then he noticed wounds of your coompanions and emitted a nervous laugh - "sorry about that.Anyway, you are clear to enter now"
Medics turned around and moved to the camp and you followed them.
"Well, seems that here our paths diverge" said Dawn and smiled "take care of yourselves".
After that, stallion headed to the center of the camp.

What are you going to do now?
>>
>>28929900
try and find sergeant short reach and keep an eye out to see if any of of your squadmates survived
>>
>>28929912
The camp was bustling with activity, ponies, though mostly civilians were running around trying to find their friends and colleagues.
You noticed that almost every pony, who belonged to the Night Guard was moving either to the big tent, which was an obvious headquarters, or a medical tent with a big red cross.
"Should't you ask a doctor to look at your wing?" tou asked Gust. She snorted in reply:
"They are there only for seriously wounded ones.If you can walk then to get medical treatment you need to go whole way back to the Hillhoof."

If any of your squadmates, or sergeant survived, they should probably be in the hospital, though you doubted that any of them made it.So may be you need to go to the HQ and get some orders there?
>>
>>28929947
go to hq
>>
>>28929947
Report then check the hospital if there isn't any pressing orders
>>
>>28929959
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>28929957
>>28929959

"Then let's go to HQ".Gust silently nodded and you both went to the biggest tent in the camp.
You had to endure a small queue of civilians inquiring about some ponies they knew, and finally you got a chance to report to a tired unicorn mare:
"Private Frosty-" you started, but she cut you short.
"Rendezvous point is in Hillhoof, report to your command there." she grunted."If you want to ask about your squadmates left there - reinforcements are expected to arrive within an hour, and no, they don't need anypony to guide them through the caves."
"Well, that was kind of rude" said Gust, when you left the tent.
"So, to hospital we go?" you asked your companion.
"Sure, may be they would even be so kind to give me some bandages" Gust replied.

The smell of rotting flesh had struck you the moment you entered the tent.You inspected the only room.There was not even a dozen patients, but every last one of them had a limb or two missing.You noticed some earth pony mare in white robes and called her:
"Excuse me, can you please check your records?Was there any injured guardsponies from first Hillhoof regiment, squad twenty-seven?"
She replied with a faint smile:
"Sure.It is not like we have anything better to do now. I mean - we were only ordered to stabilize patients, and every hour they take them to the proper hospital in the town".She took some journal, turned a couple of pages and ruefully shook her head.
"Nobody from your squad, sorry. I will pray for your friends' safety."
"Oh, thank you" - Gust replied - "And by the way can you please change my bandages?"
Medical mare smiled again:
"It is the least I can do.We were expecting higher casualty rate, so there are no shortages of medical supplies."
This remark reminded you, that all of your squadmates were probably dead.

Will you head to the town, or may he you have some reason to stay in the camp for a while?
>>
>>28930197
Maybe try to get some information on those monsters from maybe the nurse or some other ponies around. And maybe get something small to eat and drink. Apart from that, ask Gust if she has any other business in the camp and if not, if she'd like to go to Hillhoof together.
>>
>>28930197
Go to Hillhoof. There isn't much we can do there right now

Use the occasion to chat with Gust a little. Where does she come from? For how long has she been in the millitary?
>>
>>28930348
"What do this monsters fear?" you asked the nurse.
"You should know this better" she smiled in reply "I can only tell how they hurt ponies.Sadly they leave close to none survivors, but at least they are not poisonous.
As I heard, they are just giant worms, covered in feathers. And it is not like worms even have brains, or any other vital organs. Maybe loud noses can make them run away."
You thanked nurse for her help and left the tent.
"You know, I am positively hungry right now" you told to Gust.
"Well, they seem to be giving some food for archarologists, so if we undone our armor we can try to pose as civilians" she suggested."Which reminds me - I really owe you a drink for saving my hide down there.
I suppose we would have enough time to sneak into some tavern until they reorganise squads.I know a great place there, 'Wanderer's relief'.You would totally love their booze!"

So what do you think about Gust's ideas?
>>
>>28930569
Great idea, but I'll try to get carrot juice or something like that instead of booze

But if you want to nurse that wing with the best medicine, knock yourself out!
>>
>>28930585
Yeah.. getting mauled and almost swallowed by a giant monster worm justifies a drink or two.
>>
>>28930585
>>28930551

>>28930585
>>28930551

"Great idea, but I'll try to get carrot juice or something like that instead of booze." you replied
"Oh, don't be such a sissy! Don't even tell me you never got drank!"
"Well, if you really want to nurse that wing with the best medicine - come on, knock yourself out!"
"And be I damned if I will not! I could really think about this day as of my second birthday.
Anyway, shouldn't we be going to Hillhoof already?"
You remembered that the road took approximately two hours, but since you both were on your legs for a good half of the day, it would probably take longer, so you set out immediately.
"So, where do you come from?"
"Hoofhill itself, hadn't I tell you already?And you are not local, aren't you?"
"Yeah, I am from Slowsteed, a small mountain village."
"Cool!Then I could show you around the town and we can have our own adventure of booze and ... more booze! Ah, I forgot that you are such a sissy that doesn't want to get drunk.Where is your northerners' spirit?"
"Oh, just stop it already. Besides, why did you even enlisted?"
"Oh, come on, what a question is this? A call for adventure, horrible monstrosities to slay, distant lands to see, booze to drink! Shame i was just guarding the town, when siege of Canterlot commenced. Can you imagine a city on a floating rock AND turned upside town AND? Sometimes I regret that Discord is gone. Equestria is really much more boring without him."
>>
>>28930769
in a teasing sarcastic tone: "Yeah, almost getting devoured by a monster-worm only to blow it up moments later is terribly boring"
>>
>>28930808

You arched your eyebrow.
"Yeah, almost getting devoured by a monster-worm only to blow it up moments later is terribly boring."
"Well, at least that is a story to tell my children! And as you can see, I am still alive and kicking.You know, there really are some ponies there, in the Guard, who had nothing interesting happened with them during the war. And I have been in there only for one year and already got an injury!"
"You don't even care that you maybe unable to fly once again?"
"Oh, come on, it is nothing serious! Besides, you are only using your legs and you seem pretty content with your life, am I right?"
>>
>>28930931
Chuckle

Eh... For non-pegasus, the abilty to fly seems like something really awesome

But I guess it must lose some of its romantism when you can do it everyday

Keep chatting until you arrive in town or something else happens
>>
>>28931084
"Well, I guess you are just too used to it to think that it is someting extraordinary"
You spent the rest of quite unvenentful way in idle chatter and friendly banter.
Soon you reached Hillhoof.You were really hungry, but since you spent all of your money paying your gambling debts, you couldn't afford buying food right now, and since it was a midday by now, you couldn't count on getting a meal at Guard's mess room, though you probably would need to report to command and Gust's wing needs medical attention.

I am over for today, but you are welcome to post your suggestions for tomorrow session.
Thanks for paticipating today!
>>
>>28931584
Conjure up two icicle-pops for refreshments.
>>
SAVE
>>
>>28931584
head for comand
>>
Because of some unforseen circumstances I am able to run this quest for a couple of hours.
Of course it doesn't cancel usual morning session.(I suppose it is morning for most of you, when I am posting stuff)

>>28934416
>>28931839

To quench your thirst you conjured a coule of icicles and offered one to your companion.
"Thanks" - she replied - "My mother always told me not to lick icicles, but I am such a rebel, you know? They wanted me to take part in the family business - protecting the town and fields from
some nasty clouds that rained some masty liquids.But instead I enlisted! The looks on their faces when I told them that I am going to fight monsters were priceless!"

You approached Night Guard's base, a complex of barracks, administrative and utility buildings. Territory of the base was enclosed by a fense, so civilians only had access to headquarters, where they could leave their complaints.
Only a small part of your regiment was located in the town, most of guardsponies were distributed over the countryside to quickly respond to any kind of danger.
Pony, who guarded personell entrance raised his spear in salute:
"All survivors of recent encounter should report to the office two hundred six."
You thanked him and moved to the second floor. When you reached the cabinet, you were greeted by a scarred pegasus stallion. You quickly sttod at attention and saluted.
"Private Wild Gust and private Frosty Rime, first Hillhoof regiment, squads eighteen and thirty seven reporting in!"
"Good, good." He ran through his notes."Can you report anything about your squadmates?"
"Squad eighteen completely wiped out, sir!" replied Gust, too eager to say such grave news.
"Squad thirty seven was assigned on sentry duty, so I have no information about status of my squadmates, sir." you answered.
1/2
>>
>>28934557

"I see"- he muttered - "I tell you what. With all this mess ypu both definetely deserved a ciuple of days off. Besides, we would need to reorganise depleted squads, and
this bureaucracy takes too long for my liking. So have a rest, you deserved it.We currently have no information about your squadmates private Rime, but keep your spirits up. And you" - he turned his head to Gust - "you should see a doctor. Dismissed."

"Well, I really should visit infirmary now" said Gust, when you left the cabinet. "So, take a nap, I will meet you in the barracks tonight!"

2/2

Your course of action?
>>
>>28934560
Are we still broke?

If that's the case these days off will be a little problematic
>>
>>28934560
Let's go take that nap then.
>>
>>28934637
>>28934597

"Sure, I definetely need a nap. Hope your wing will be OK" you replied.
You reached the barracks and quickly found your bunk bed. You were supposed to sleep at the lower level, but since upper one was occupied by your probably slain squadmate
you could take it, if taht would be your desire.
Before going to sleep, you decided to check your earthly possesions. You pulled chest containing your personal belongings out from the bed and opened it.
Your coin sack was completely empty, and payday comes will come only after three weeks. Well, at least Guard provides free food and housing.

This part is up to you - do you have any other personal belongings, like a photo of your family, some trinket, dress, or something like that? Within reasonable limits, of course.
>>
>>28934712
Two lucky dices because even without the bet, the fun of the game can still be there a little

A brush for our mane, because being brushed and brushing other ponies feels super comfy

A toothbrush, because you have to keep dem teeth clean

A small tube of horn polish, because that ivory peak of yours needs its shine when you go out

And a small notebook and pecil where you like to write things you don't want to forget and keep your tabs in mind (And the lines of 0s everywhere right now are only midly satisfying)
>>
>>28934737
this
>>
>>28934741
>>28934737

Manebrush, toothbrush, notebook in which you conduct your accounts, a pair of your lucky dice and of course a saddlebag, where you held all of the above while you were travelling to Hillhoof to enlist - that's all you have now. You sighed, reflecting on your poverty, fell
on your bed and entered the realm of dreams.

"Good evening, sleepyhead! Ready for the Grand Booze Tour?"
You tore your eyes open only to see a face of your new friend dangerously close to yours. Since your squad was likely eliminated, there was no sergeant to wake you up as usual.
""Eh, sure, just give me some time, at least I need to wash my face. Also, how is your wing?"
Gust did a shrug with her wings and replied:
"They say it's nothing serious, but I probably wouldn't be able to fly for a month, or something like that. Also they gave some shiney potions, that are to 'enhance my natural regeneration rate'
to help me get in shape faster. When I asked them why couldn't they just fill me with this liquid they started a long lecture about some side effects, straining my body and more egghead things."

Maybe you want to take something with yourself, or have some buisness at the base?
>>
>>28934782
brush our mane and teeth and then go with dust
maybe keep an eye on her to make sure she does not do anything to stupid
>>
>>28934782
Brush teeth and go with Gust, nothin' like a good drink after all that drama in the caves.
>>
File: please.jpg (252KB, 1024x980px) Image search: [Google]
please.jpg
252KB, 1024x980px
>>28934782
>No horn polish
>>
>>28934835
Sorry, forgot about polish.

>>28934798
>>28934828
While brushing your mane and teeth you looked in the mirror and realised that you fell asleep in full armor. Seems you were really tired yesterday. After you freshened up, you returned to Gust, who was impatiently flapping her wings and removed your armor.
"Well, lead the way companion."
"Sure! I promise, you'd totally love it!"

You emergend on the streets of Hillhoof. Many ponies were walking on the streets, doing their usual stuff, though the very same picture you could see at the daytime.
After all, concept of the times of day was relatively new to Equestrians, so many ponies just did not care about whatever was shining in the sky right now and were asleep and awake whenever they felt like it.
"And here we are - 'Wanderer's relief' in all its majesty!" your pegasus friend proudly exclaimed, earning some suspicious looks from passerbys.

'Wanderer's relief' was a typical tavern - two-story stone building, with a wide signboard, decorated with some magical glowing crystals.
Inside there were plenty of ponies, around two dozens maybe, but there still were a couple of free tables. Gust unhesitantly walked towards the bar rack and waved her wing, signalling you to come closer.
Behind the rack stood a big unicorn stallion, who had already started some chat with your friend. He sceptically inspected you, and you shifted nervously under his gaze. Then he turned his head to Gust:
"You know, I always suspected that you were into THIS sort of relationship. Got a day off to celebrate your anniversary?"
"Oh, just shut up, you old moron. She's just a fellow guard, saved my hide yesterday so I owe her a drink."
Stallion just smirked and turned your head towards you:
"As you wish. What would lady like to drink tonight?"
>>
>>28934887
Uhh...I'll have what she's having.
>>
>>28934905
works for me
>>
>>28934905
>>28934913

"Uhh...I'll jsut have what she's having."
"Then roll out your Trothsire brady for us!" Gust exclaimed "We will celebrate all night!"
Barpony just snorted "You two are just such a nice couple"
"Can you shut up for a minute, Thick?" replied prgasus, and barpony defensively raised his hoofes:
"Alright, alright, calm down. You are not even drank now. You can find a table for yourself now."
When you found a suitable table you noticed that a tray with a big bottle of brandy and two mugs was flying to you, surrounded by bright-yellow magical aura.
"Well, let the brandy flow!" said Gust and opened the bottle.

Will you drink a lot, or would you rather try to be more reserved?
>>
>>28935449
Challenge Gust to a drinking game. Whoever passes out first loses.
>>
>>28935449
be reserved
>>
>>28935449
Let's not replace game debt with beer debts.

Let's save going all out on booze together for when we defeat whatever king worm lurks down there
>>
>>28935611
>>28935482

You didn't really want to get dtunk, so you just occasionally sipped from your mug, while Gust had all the fun.
You spent quite a lot of time in some idle drinking conversation. You started to think that you should leave, when some new visitors entered the tavern.
Five pegasi, three stallions and two mares, with coats of different tones of white, wearing grey armor with Solar Guard insignias and some furry cloaks over it, were laughing laudly and looked drunk at least at the same level, as your companion.
With some mixed feelings you understood that this cloaks in fact were pelts and hides of different slain beasts.
"Free the way to the Solar Guard, peasants!" - screamed the biggest one of them, probably their leader. Gust has raised from your table and pointed with a wing at him accusingly:
"Just look at 'em! Walkin' round the city in hides like some primitives. It's no wonder that everypony thinks that we, Northerners, are some violent barbarians! You are disgrace to the Guard!"
Big one spat on the floor:
"What do we have here? Haven't you been beaten enough already, or you want me to tear apart your second wing, little filly?"
"C'mon, show me your best, you inbred son of a mule!" screamed Gust, grabbing third bottle of brandy,emptying it in one gulp and throwing the table out of her way.

Well, that escalated quickly.
>>
>>28935742
be thankful we did not drink much
put up a wall of ice between gust and the solar guards and quickly drag her out of there
>>
>>28935755
That suggestion would be fine, but there are two problems:
1.Because Solar Guards only entered the tavern they are blocking the way out.
2.You are not potent enough in cryomancy to conjure a wall of sufficient square and thickness to cover you both, though you are able to conjure a round ice shield that would cover your face and torso (but not legs) from frontal assault. You are just fresh out of training and such feats of magic are clearly above your level.
>>
>>28935823
then just quickly drag her out of there without the ice
>>
>>28935823
Then flip table and drag her out.
>>
>>28935827
>>28935858

Damn, the situation was getting out of control quickly. A small part of your mind, which you believed was called 'common sense' screamed that running through a group
of five armored and violent ponies is a bad idea, but you were drank enough to outright ignore it. Using your telekinetic skill, you threw your table at aggresors in vain hope to stop them for at least a couple of seconds and tried to grab Gust.
"We need to get out of there now!"
She pushed you back with her hoofes:
"And I say we need to fight! It is our sacred duty!"

Gust is not drank enough to be unable to resist you. Will you leave her alone or face hostile Guards with your friend?
>>
>>28935930
ask the barkeeper for some help
if that fails fight the guards but try not to seriously injure them
>>
>>28935930
Magic some ice under their hooves.
>>
>>28935941
>>28935957

You turned your head to the bar rack, but bartender was nowhere to be seen. You couldn't blame him, though. Nobody sane and sober wants to cross the way of Guard, neither Solar nor Lunar.
You were lucky when you threw a table at the intruders, as two of them were currently floundering below it. You decided to run straight into them, charging your horn for some ice spell. For a brief moment you thought that you could make it, until your face met a couple of hoofes and you fell on your back.
"Know your place, narwhal. I think I should teach you a lesson about respecting your superiors." you heard a feminine voise and a pegasus mare loomed over you, hooves raised, only to be sweeped away moment later. You quickly rose on your hooves and accessed the situation.
Gust was currently in clinch with some stallion, rolling on the floor and striking each other with all extremities they had.Pegasi you had thrown table at have finally
managed to get out of it, but instead of attacking you were looking in the opposite direction, at some robed figure which stood in now empty room.
"Stop your stupid fight. You all are a disgrace to the ponykind."
"And what you're going to do if we won't, pretty colt?" snarled big one in reply.
"This." - a robed figure, obviously an unicron, unleashed a stream of magical energy at the commander of Solars, only to be met with laughter, when all magic energy harmlessly dissipated when it reached his armor.
"Your ouny tricks can not harm me!" bellowed pegasus stallion, and charged your unexpected saviour.

Well, it seems that now you have some chances to even win. What will you do?
>>
>>28936038
fight on the defensive they are drunk and will be easy to dodge
>>
>>28936053

You were now left with two enemies, so you decided to play defensive.
When remaining pegasi charged you, you quickly conjured some ice under their feet. Second mare was not agile enough to slip on it and fell on the floor, seemingly unconscious.
However, male guard managed to avoid your trap by simply floating above it, though it slowed his enough, to give you time to evade his reckless charge. He crushed into the wall, but against your expectations he only shook his head and roared in rage.
You were cornered now, if you tried to retreat he would probably just tackle you, and you only had two chairs lying around to use for your defense.

Your actions now?
>>
>>28936110
Throw a chair at him, then use the other chair as a shield and attempt to ram him.
>>
>>28936119
this
>>
>>28936119
>>28936125

You tried to throw a chair at the remaining pegasus and levitated it hust in time to block his another attempt to ram you into the wall. Chair cracked chair cracked and broke into two parts, which you quickly trew at the stallion, buying yourself some more time.
While levitating the second chair you pondered how much could his head take before he would faint.
"You will pay for this, you filthy -" he started speaking, but was quickly cut off by your own charge. He fell to the floor like a sack of swill, but you had a feeling, that he is much sturdier than others and may regain consciousness soon.

Maybe you want to ensure that he will not be a problem, or are you more inclined to helping Gust right now?
>>
>>28936167
help gust
>>
>>28936181

You decided that this stallion would have a nice nap for at least a few minutes and looked at the Gust currently wrestling with her opponent on the floor.
With a precise strike of your hoof another pegasus was set flying to the wall. You helped your friend to get onto her hooves and she beamed a victorious smile at you.
"So, there is only one of them left?"
"Hey, maybe we can leave now?" - you called to her istinct of self-preservation, but it was too late.
"Hey, you there, big one! We just beat the hell out of your cronies! You are next!" she shouted, striking a triumphant pose.
"Ah, you are just in time. I already finished with this little brat" Solar Guard said with a predatory grin, slowly turning around to face you, robed unicorn lying on the floor at his hooves.

What will you do?
Also, I think it concludes this session, thanks for participating, see you tomorrow!
>>
>>28936269
charge at the last guard alongside dust
>>
>>28936286
also holy shit its 3.19 i stayed up all night to take part in this quest
>>
wew
>>
we made the right choice not drinking much
>>
>>28936286

You obviously had advantage in numbers, so you put your horn forward and charged at last stallion standing alongside Dust.
Though you gravely underestimated him. With a grace impossible for a drunk, he raised to the ceiling and fell onto Gust's back, while she was trying to slow down.
Your companion prostrated on the floor with a faint scream while enourmous stallion laughed:
"Come on narwhal, it must not necessarily end like this. Ask me for forgiveness like a good little filly, and maybe I will not break your spine."

Way out of the tavern is clear, but you doubt that you would have time to reach it.
What are your actions?
>>
>>28940488
He's probably close enough for us to blast his face with ice and smack him with a chair/table.
>>
>>28940488
he threatened to break her spine i think we can throw avoiding injurys out the window

fire an icicle through his leg
>>
>>28940508
>>28940503

You charged your horn, conjured two icicles and fired them to his leg and face. While pegasus managed to dodge first one, second had stuck in his foreleg and expression of childish resentment.
"And what's this dirty trick?" he bellowed, while you levitated some chair above his head. You were anticipating an incapacitating blow, but when chair was almost touching his head magical aura around it
dissipated and chair only bounced off his head harmlessly.

Well, that was unexpected, but at least pegasus seemed as surprised as you.
>>
>>28940534
take the oportunity while he is distracted to check the pony we knocked out previously was still unconcious
>>
>>28940550

You looked back to the stallion you previously knocked out. Fortunately he not just lied on the floor, but even snorted, so you were sure that your rear is safe for now.
"I will tear this damn bone form your head, you impudent whelp!" came a voice from the Solar Guard. You reverted your eyes back, to see him pulling icicle from his leg and taking into the air.

It seems like he is going to ram you into the wall, and he is somehow able to disrupt your magic.
What will you do?
>>
>>28940602
keep dodging his attacks for as long as you can

hopefully help will arrive soon
>>
>>28940602
Is there sothing handing on ceilling you could use, by any chance?
>>
>>28940602
Direct spells seems to work.
Sidestep when he charges us, throw a bolt of ice to incapacitate him after dodging.
>>
>>28940632
>>28940625
>>28940623

Since moon shined in the sky, you hoped that your comrades-in-arms will arrive soon, no doubt attracted by unusual amount of noise coming from the tavern.
On the ceiling hanged a couple of chandeliers, which would probably do a nice 'bang' ceashing into stallion's head, but you had no time to levitate them, since pegasus was already flying into your general direction.
You sidestepped and conjured an icebolt, but guard's training seemingly prevailed over inebiration, as pegasus managed to change his direction and instead of slamming into the wall he hit you with his right forehoof and fell on the ground, while your icebolt scratched his armor and fell the ground imeediately after that, since you somehow lost control over it.

One part of you was thinking about the best triumphant pose, while another whispered that this battle is not over.
Your actions?
>>
>>28940657
Did he hit us or crash on the wall or both?

Now prepare a chandelier to drop on him
>>
>>28940665

You couldn't help, but rubbed your cheek, where stallion hoof bruised your skin. Since your adversary was lying on the floor you quickly levitated a chandelier and dropped it onto him. He tried to evade the imminent doom by rolling out of chandelier's way, but he was not fast enough and the massive lighting component crushed his rear legs.

Now is a perfect time for coup de grace, don't you think?
>>
>>28940701
Can we smack him with an icicle club of sorts, to incapacitate him? Don't want him dead now.
>>
>>28940761

Having no intention to approach him, you conjure a kind of ice club and levitate it above pegasus' head. Remembering about magic dispeling aura you just let it fall freely from the ceiling.
You score a perfect hit and remaining Solar Guard fainted. Exhausted, you sat on the floor, only to see two shadowy figures bursting into the tavern:
"Freeze righ there, criminal - oh damn, we missed all the fun, didn't we?"
Well, it took quite a long time for your colleagues to arrive. Though potentially it could cause some problems later, you were nappy to see some friendly faces now.
Senior Night Guard looked around the wrecked room, and understanding that you were the only conscious pony there, spoke:
"Well, you have to explain a lot of things, lady."

Your actions?
>>
>>28940942
Not a lot to explain. These guys were swaggering with audacity and abusing the patrons. Gust and I told them to stop and then they attacked us.

Check on Gust, any serious injuries.
>>
>>28940998

"There isn't really a lot to explain. These guys were swaggering with audacity and abusing the patrons, so we told them to stop, and well, the rest is history." you shrugged.
"I would recommend you to be a bit more polite with servants of the law." frowned guardspony, male pegasus and corporal, judging by his insignias.
Then second Night Guard, probably his subordinate, leaned to his ear and whispered something.
Corporal looked at ponies lying on the floor with expression of geniune surprise and then smiled:
"You know what? Forget about that. You need help with dumping these pricks into the closest sewage pit? Also, do your friends need help? We could help you carry them to infirmary."
You looked at your fallen comrades, Gust was slobbering on the floor, seemingly okay, though you prayed that her spine has not been broken and robed unicorn was not showing any signs of consciousness, blood leaking from his horn.

Well, that was a sudden change of attitude, but a welcome one. Your actions?
>>
>>28941283
I don't care what happens to them, let's just get my friends to bed.
>>
>>28941283
Rather not have guards killing each other when we have bigger threats in the background. But I can't really bring myself to care much about guards like them.

Make sure Gust is okay before trying to move her.
>>
>>28941332
>>28941360

"I don't really care about them now, so let's just get my friends to the medic."
"Sure, as you wish. Dusky, check that guy over there, and I will take care of this mare."
Second guardspony, unicorn mare, silently saluted and trotted to the fainted unicorn, while corporal checked Gust's condition.
"Only bruise, so she should be just fine." Then he looked at her wing and smiled:
"Say, how many brawls you have already participated?" he asked, while shouldering your friend.
"And also, aren't you interested in joining the Night Guard? You really have skills for such job, you know?"
After barraging you with questions he turned to his subordinated and shouted:
"C'mon, Dusky, just levitate him on your shoulders. Moon is still high!"
"Just a moment, sir." - guardsmare grunted, struggling under unicorn's weight, her horn glowing.

So,what would be your answers?
>>
>>28941496
But sir...we're already with the night guard.
>>
>>28941540

"But we're already with the Night Guard."
Corporal immediately stopped and blinked a couple of times.
"So let me git this straight. You just go AWOL, get drunk, caused civilian unrest and property damage? You walk the razor's edge, babe. But since you beat up this solar schmucks we are cool.
I wouldn't tell anyone about this, and Dusky will be silent too, yes, Dusky?"
Mare just drew a sigh and replied with stoical expression on her face "Yes, sir."

Want to continue your dialog?
>>
>>28941694
Thank you sir. I just had about enough of this place, we gotta get my friends to the barracks.
>>
>>28941694
>You just go AWOL
We're not AWOL, our commanding officer in Hoofhill gave us a couple of days off after our squads were decimated.

Meta question: What's the status on information about what happened in the cave? Anything classified or is this just business as usual and we can talk about it to anyone?
>>
Not-so-meta answer: since nobody told you not to tell anypony about the onslaught, and there were plenty of civilians, many of which should be quartered nearby, you are pretty sure
that everypony in Hillhoof knows about this 'accident'. Besides, general population is quite used to such things because of Discord's reign.

>>28941757
>>28941730

"We're not AWOL, our commanding officer gave us a couple of days off after, well, what happened in the cave."
"Wow. Just wow. My respect to you has grown twice." - he spoke as his eyes widened.
"My condolences" - you heard a soft voice from behind.
"Thank you. So let just get my friends to the infirmary, okay?"
"Sure, whatever." - replied corporal, seemingly more quiet since he heard about your latest military operation.

If you want to continue this dialog just post your suggestions here, though I am finished for now.
Next session will probably be slightly delayed, so don't let this thread die please.
And thanks for participating!
>>
File: Jotaro would.png (134KB, 299x301px) Image search: [Google]
Jotaro would.png
134KB, 299x301px
>>28941896
We need to do something to calm down, so let's just finish our drink, search for money bags, and go outside before something goes horribly wrong
>>
>>28942144
Oh yeah! Might as well take their stuff while we're here! Good call Anon.
>>
>>28942144
>>28942257
We're still being watched by the town's guards, you know?
>>
>>28942586
They're fine with it, just go for it. We did deserve the loot after all...
>>
File: Kent.png (433KB, 680x451px) Image search: [Google]
Kent.png
433KB, 680x451px
>>
Page 10, no no no
>>
>>28942144
i disagree dont steal there money we were lucky to get out of this without any trouble.
>>
>>28944553
This

We learned our lesson
We lawful good now
>>
>>28945224
Lawful good is boring, but I agree, don't take their stuff.
>>
>>28945315
>>28945224
>>28944553
>>28942586

You decided against looting bodies of your fallen adversaries and looked around wretched tavern searching for drinks to calm down. After finding an almost empty bottle of whiskey you quickly fininshed it and signaled to your
fellow guards to move on.
Road to the Guard's base was uneventful and soon you entrusted the care of your friends to earth pony nurse mare in infirmary.
"Well, that was a pleasure to meet you.", saluted to you corporal "Now, if you exuse us, we still have streets to patrol. With all this disappearances civviels are getting quite nervous and we must at least maintain a semblance of safety there."

Anything you want to ask this pair before you leave?
>>
>>28946067
Can't really think of anything in particular right now.
>>
>>28946067
ask about the disapperances
>>
>>28946088

"Wait. What dissapearances are you talking about?"
Colonel just shrugged.
"Well, some ponies are abducted from their homes, some just walk out of town and never return. It is most certainly some Discordian cult, but they are damn sneaky and we have no leads whatsoever. Besides, Guard's hooves are now full with this crap at the cave, well, you know.
So if you are itching for action - try talking to commanding officer there. He might quickly form a patrol unit and send you to talk to civillians."
"What did you mean by 'Discordian cult'?" you inquired. Pegasus just tilted his gead in disbelief.
"You really weren't told about them? Fanatics that were pleased with old world order and now wish to help Discord to return by sowing chaos and anarchy throughout Equestria. Also, more advanced of them can use some special chaos magic, but i doubt that it would be the case here. Hillhoof is pretty small town after all."

Well, that's an interesting piece of information. Your actions now?
>>
>>28946135
lets go see about helping deal with the cult
>>
>>28946180
Wouldn't it be better to tag along and do that with Gust and the robed stranger when they wake up?
>>
>>28946204
prehapes but what would we fag around doing
>>
>>28946204
Ye.. we shouldn't be going alone, especially without telling anyone where we're going.
>>
>>28946180

You made farewells with patrol group and decided to go see commanding officer since your friends were sleeping now.
You arrived at room 206 and knocked on the door and entered.
"Permission to enter, sir?"
"Sure, sure, come in." - you heard a tired voice from behind the door.
You were greeted by the same pegasus stalion, whom you reported to when you arrived at Hillhoof yesterday.
Before you had a chance to stand at attention he quickly silenced you rising his hoof.
"You are here to inquire about your squadmates?" he asked, and not giving you time to answer continued
"Yes, I remember. Nobody survived, private."
"That... was one of my reasons" you said. While you were sure that you were the only survivor, you still had some hope in your heart before this moment.
"I wish to participate in investigations of recent dissapearances and ask you to to form a patrol group of me and private Wild Gust, sir!"
Pegasus looked at you with a genuine smile:"Too eager to get back to action, eh? And where is That private Gust then? I can't put her somewhere without her request or any direct order."
"Uhhh, well..." - while you were thinking how to explain situation with your friend, you heard stallion muttering something about mares.
"I tell you what. You can go to the archive and look for information you need, why your friend attends to her buisness. After that come to me and we will arrange everything. Now, dismissed"
"Thank you, sir! You wouldn't regret about this!" you saluted and left the room.

To the archives then? Or do you have any other ideas?
>>
to the archives
>>
>>28946341
oops meant to quote
>>28946328
>>
>>28946346

>>28946346

You arrived at the archive and were greeted by an unicorn mare.
"What do you require?"
"Can I look at information about recent dissapearances? Bring everything you can find please."
Mare nodded and levitated a folder withsome documents inside.
"We have some copies here,if your squadmates need them. Also, you can read these documents here." - she showed you a room with a small table and two sofas.
"I can bring you some tea, if you want."

Your actions?
>>
>>28946722
Tea would be nice
Thanks
>>
>>28946722
read the documents
>>
>>28946722
Do you have Earl Grey and scones?
>>
>>28946774
>>28946744

"A cup of tea would be nice, thank you."
You then levitated the folder and proceeded to the closest sofa.
When archivist brought you a teapot and a cup, you were already slimming through the documents:

There was not much to ponder on:
There were four missing ponies, dissapearing fifteen, nine, four and two days before.
First two were farmers, living in their own apple farms outside the town - 'Crunchy Apple' and 'Happy Orchard' respectively.
They both stayed on the street at the evening and dissapeared.
Third one was a son of a barman of some tavern called 'Stone Stool', which was frequented by Solar Guard. According to his father, colt went to some party with his friends, but did not return next day. Since colt dissapeared at night, this case was reported to the Night Guard, but you had no doubt that Solars have at least a copy of it.
And the final abductee was an archaeologist, who did not return to the camp near the excavation site two days ago. He went to the town to buy some food, according to her colleagues, but never returned.
No bodies had been found, no common enemies of victims were detected and Night Guard had no suspects.

It could be wise to interrogate relatives of victimes yourself. Also, it seems that Solar Guard shares at least one case with you. Who knows, may be they could be os some help?
>>
>>28946928
make plans to talk to the father of the missing colt you might be able to find out where this party was

but for now go check on gust
>>
>>28946994

You thanked archivist mare for documents, took a copy for yourself and then headed back to infirmary.
When you arrived you asked the nurse about your friends:
"How are they? Anything serious?"
"Mare is still asleep, but stallion woke up a couple of minutes ago." nurse replied, then leaned to you and whispered "- seems that he had nightmares. He woke up screaming. Maybe he sustained some mental damage, but I am no expert in such matters."

What are you going to do?
>>
>>28947166
wait for dust to wake up
>>
>>28947284

You quietly admired the scenery, while somepony called you:
"Hey, I think I owe you at least a 'thank you' for that fight in the tavern."
You turned your head to the source of the voice, a young unicorn with a dark purple coat and a cobalt mane flowing under bandages over his head, whom you recognised as your ally back then.
"If not for that damn magic dampener, everything would be much more easier now."- he looked at Gust - " Will she be okay?"
"Yes, nurse told me that she has no serious injuries."
"That's a relief. Also, I didn't introduce myself. My name is Arcane Mane. And what is yours?"

Suggestions for this conversation go here.
This session is finished, so thanks everybody for participating!
>>
>>28947523
introduce ourselves
>>
wew
>>
lad
>>
>>28949608
you
>>
>>
>>28947545

"I am Frosty Rime" you repled
"Say, how did you manage to defeat that brute? Since he had that dampener in his armor,and you ae an unicorn I can't imaginehow possibly you could prevail."
"A combination of agility and dropping things from ceiling." - You answered with a hint of pride. "It doesn't matter if I hold it in telekinetic grip, if it from a sufficient height."
"I see" - Unicorn muttered - "Guess I had to devote more time to conventional Guard training instead of my studies."
"Guard training? You are from Guard too?"
"Lunar Mage. I was sent here since we got reports about some arcane devices in Eastwain cave, but since there are still monsters down there they wouldn't let me in.
So I had nothing better to do until excavation site was safe and decided to have a drink. And you know what happened next."

Anything you want to ask him?
>>
>>28952653
Well thanks for the help back there. If you're not busy you could join me. I'm investigating the disappearances around town.
>>
>>28952671
seconding this
>>
>>28952732
>>28952671

"Well, we are now trying to investigate the disappearances around town, so if you're not busy you could join us. We suspect there might be Discordian cult involved."
"Count me in." - his eyes widened as you mentioned chaotic lunatics - "one shall not refuse the opportunity to study their magic. Luna knows, may be they even have some books at their hideout!
So what information do we have on them?"
You just threw him a folder with documents and Mane began absorbing knowledge about this case. After a couple of minutes he looked less enthusiastic, though.
"Well, we definetely have not much there. Since you seem to be a leader - what would be our next step?"

Input action here.
>>
>>28952796
if dust is not awake yet head for the stone stool to find out where the party this colt went to was

wait outside the tavern while arcane mane goes in and asks though word may have gotten out about the brawl and it may be a bad idea for us to be seen in a bar popular among the solar guard this soon after.

luckily arcane was wearing a hood so she will hopefully not be recognised
>>
>>28952872

You decided not to waste time and presented a plan to your new companion:
"We will check that Stone Stool now and ask him about his colt."
"All right, I suppose I will go grab my armor then" - unicorn replied.
"You know, going to the tavern frequented by Solars isn't the best idea. Even worse if word have gotten out about the brawl. So we should just keep low profile."
"They must be still unconscious, like your friend there" - retorted Mane, nodding at Gust - "Besides, put yourself in their place. You had just been beaten up by two civillian mares - since they don't know you were in the Guard.
Now would you tell anypony about that? I guess not. And also, how are we going to persuade that tavernkeeper that we are really from the Guard?"

He has a point, but may be you shouldn't risk?
>>
>>28952985
hes right
go get armored up
>>
>>28952985
Damn, forgot my trip
>>
>>28952985
>We will check that Stone Stool now
Try eating more fiber
>>
It is hard to distinguish shitposting from actual suggestions when you are not a native speaker.

>>28952996
>>28953235

Weighing all pros and cons, you decided to get armored up, though not before you checked at your commanding officer.
"Huh? I thought there was supposed to be a mare" -you were greeted by an old pegasus after your salute. Then he eyed your companion and sighed - "Well, seems like you can spare a couple of days with all this mess down the cave."
"She still needs rest, sir." - replied unicorn - "also, I supposed I was transferred to your regiment until research would be concluded?".
"Precisely. We have reports of severe resistance down there." - he then waved his wing in a dismissive gesture. "But it is no concern of yours for now. You are now assigned to investigative group nine, under command of private Frosty Rime. I will wait for some results at next moonset."

After settling all formalities you went to the armory. You quickly donned your armor and levitated a spear.
"You ready there, Arcane?" - you muttered irritably.
"Already going!" - soon you saw a figure of your new squadmate, clad into some blue plate armor, on which golden images of the stars were emblazoned and moon sigil onto his breastplate. He also worn a full helm, with some conglomeration of horns on it.
"You sure have some nice bling there" enviously looking at his full set of armor, while you, as a rank-and-file guardspony only had a breastplate, hoofguards and open helmet.
"Well, being the most capable sorceres throughout Equestria have some benefits." - he then touched his head - "But don't rely on me to much. I am only a private, and that bastard at bar landed some good hits on my horn, so for a couple of days no great feats of magic from me."

1/2
>>
>>28953462

Moon has started descending in the sky, so you wasted no time and trotted straight to the 'Stone Stool'. You expected that Arcane's armor combined with his pretty frail constitution will slow you down, but he kept the pace without any visible effort.
Soon you entered the tavern, some patrons glaring at you, but thankfully no one bold enough to interfere with armored Guard, at least for now.

2/2
What would you do?
>>
>>28953469
Let's hope there's some substance to the clichéd "talk to the barkeeper, he knows a lot".
>>
>>28953551
And order something to drink with a nice tip before you ask.
>>
>>28953551
>>28953554

Seems like hungover had crept unnoticed, and you were going to order something to wet your throat, but then you remembered that your moneybag was empty. Damn.
When you walked to the bar rack, you were hastily greeted by a barpony, middle-aged earth pony stallion:
"Oh, thank Ce- Luna you came! Please, let's move into my humble den." -and then leaned to you and conspiratorially whispered - "don't want to unnerve patrons, you know?"
Arcane turned his towards you, awaiting confirmation. You just shrugged:
"Sure, lead the way."
"Of course, most humble Guards." - he trotted to the stairs to the second floor and gestured you to follow him.
After you went upstairs, barpony took you to his room and then spoke:
"Please, do you have any news about High Spirit?"
While you tried to remeber who the hell was High Spirit, Arcane just shook his head.
"No, sir, we have no knews about your son yet. In fact, we came too you to inquire about circumstances of his dissapearance"
Stallion was looking much less eager now, but replied:
"Ah, of course. I understand. What do you wish to know?"

Questions go here.
>>
>>28953715
"What can you tell us about the ponies who have disappeared recently. Did they maybe have anything at all in common? Tell us everything you know, every detail might be important."
>>
Well, I hoped I would get a few more replies.
So current session is finished, feel free to post more questions (if you care), answers will come tomorrow.And thanks for participating today!
>>
bamp
>>
>>28955168
>>
>>
>>28954314
yeah i fell asleep last night sorry
>>
>>28953715
we understand he was at a party the night he disappeared where was this party
>>
>>28954067
>>28958742

"What can you tell us about the ponies who have disappeared recently? Maybe they did have something in common? Tell us everything you know, every detail might be important for investigation."
"Well" - barpony nervously chuckled - " five or six of them were apple farmers, there was an old Barell, booze merchant, then my son ah, and also Shiny Copper, local drunkard, you should probably know him."
Not meeting understanding on your faces, or, better to say, your face, since Arcane's was covered by a helmet, he elaborated - "well, Solars know about him, though if I was at your place I wouldn't ask, since, well, they wouldn't like if you poke at their buisness. So if I dare say there would be some anonymous abstainers society or something like that."
"All right. Now about your son. As we understood he was at a party the night he disappeared. Where was this party and who was with him?"
"Ah, that. That was his coming of age, so of course at the evening colts just celebrated there and after that went to the town - I don't really know where, I was sure that Spirits would be fine, wouldn't drink too much, since - 'sob' - he was into all this bar buiseness from his childhood - 'sob' - a-and I thought that h-he would be - 'sob' - reserved, and..." - stallion burst into tears.
"A-and the -'sob' - next morning - when he didn't came ho-ome we run around the whole town - 'sob' - but nopony saaw him!"

Barpony was now crying out loud and it doesn't seem like he could be of much help now, but still, maybe you could get more out of him?
>>
>>28959236
uh... do you know who and where might we find his friends, the ones who celebrated with him that night?

Pat his shoulders as we ask him the question?
>>
>>28959252
seconding this
show compassion
>>
>>28959252
>>28959263

You pat the poor stallion's shoulder, while trying to somehow reassure him.
"Don't worry sir, we will find your son. Word of a Night Guard!" - you patiently waited until he calmed down and asked another question - "Now, if only you could tell us about firends of your son and where we could find them..."
Stallion just waved his hoof - "We already asked them - they know nothing. Those Solars interrogated them too - no results. But give it a try."
He reaches for his saddlebag and takes out of it a folded paper. "There are their addresses. You could ask Steady Plow at 'Happy Orchard' first - his mother went missing around a week ago at night, so you could save some time."

Anything more to ask him?
>>
>>28959287
no thank him for his help and go see steady plow
>>
>>28959287
Thank him for his help and cooperation before heading to Happy Orchard.
>>
>>28959298
>>28959301

"Well, thank you for your assistance, sir! We will check that colt right now."
"Yeah. Thanks to you. Hope you find my boy. It's time for me to return to the rack."
You walked down the stairs, and headed to the exit, when you noticed that your companion was not by your side. You looked around and saw him talking with the barpony and levitating some bottles, obviously filled with alcohol in his saddlebags.
When you left the tavern you looked at him sternly and he seemingly misinterpreted your wish to get drunk for your dissatisfaction with his misconduct.
"It's only for the Gust. She should be woken by now and she probably suffers from a terrible hungover. So maybe we could check at her, since Guard's base is on the way?"

Well, it is a reasonable idea, but seeing Gust getting all the sweet liquor while you were abstained because of your empty purse unnerved you a bit.
Your actions?
>>
>>28959316
I dont think its a good idea to give her more booze she seems to have a bit of a drinking problem
>>
>>28959322

You shook your head. "No way. She definetely has a drinking problem and you are going to make it only worse."
"As you wish. But still, taking her with us might speed investigation up, if you choose to split us up." Unicorn looked at the sky. Moon has started her way down and clouds were gathering in the sky. "I don't want to leave this case unfinished, but I will be forced to when the cave will be cleaned from monsters, so I think we need to take her with us.Of course, if hungover is not severe enough."

So, do you want to take Gust with you or would you rather leave her at the infirmary?
And do you prefer to be split up and investigate individually, or work in group?
Also, you can talk to Arcane while you are on your way to the Guard base/'Happy Orchard' if you want.
>>
>>28959421
go get gust to join us we will investigate together.

ask arcane where she is from
>>
>>28959434
I think Arcane is a stallion
>>
>>28959635
ah yes good point i keep thinking he is female for some reason
>>
>>28959434

"Suggestion noted. We would check if Gust"
Silence unnerved you a bit, so you decided to have a small talk with your companion:"Say, Arcane, where are you from?"
Unicorn raised his head to the moon and replied:"My hometown was built at the eastern coast by unicorns even before Dicscord rose to power. Since time long past we secluded ourselves from the outer world using magical wards and powerful enchantments and dedicated our community to mastering secrets of magic. It was a wonderful city of glass and marble. We called it Prosperity."
- he sighed and continued - "then monsters came. We still don't know was it an act of deliberate sabotage, simple negligence or if Discord was tired with our little bubble of order in his realm of chaos. But we were besieged. For the first couple of months elders still had hope of fending them off with our magic, but there were just too many of these beasts. Eventually they decided to sent a distress call in the outer world, though nopony believed that it would be of much help.
Our numbers diminished every day, and finally gathered at the Arcane Spire, our citadel, to have a glorious last stand. And then Luna arrived. She and her warriors fell from the sky, like vengeance of ancient titans, Princess herself slaying dozens of beasts by simple blasts of her magic. After the battle she helped us to rebuild or city from scratch, asking nothing in return. Impressed by her power and grateful for salvation, a hundred of our most capable wizards volunteered to serve under her command as Lunar Mages. When one of us dies, back at the Prosperity competition is held to determine most deserving mage to serve Princess.
Well, that's all the story. And what about you?"
"Eh, nothing to say really. Born not in some backwater village, got into debts, enlisted in the Guard." - you chuckled nervously.
"You really should take your duty more seriously" - noted Arcane.

1/2
>>
>>28959759
Correction at line 1:
"Suggestion noted. We would check if Gust is ready for service now."
End correction.

Soon you arrived at Guard's base and went straight to the infirmary. There you were greeted by Gust, who had already donned her armor.
"Well, where are we going tonight, ma'am?" she saluted cheerfully, though here voice was a little bit dry.
You looked closer at her - her turqouise eyes were a bit more red than usual, but otherwise she looked pretty sober.

Want to somehow test her, ot are you just going to pick her up?
And also - split or not to split your group for investigation purposes?

2/2
>>
>>28959766
>>28959759

Also, where are my trips?
>>
>>28959766
do not split the party
head for happy orchid
>>
>>28959787

"Allright, you seem to be in shape for duty." - you noted, critically eyeing the mare.
"As you wish, ma'am!"- she replied eagerly - "And who would be this one ...pony?" she asked eye, staring at Arcane's armor, not even trying to hide her envy.
"Arcane Mane, one of Luna's Mages, kindly agreed to help us in this investigation."
"My respect, lady." - unicorn in question bowed, seemingly impossible action for one wearing such armor.
"So, what is our plan, ma'am?" - inquired Gust.
"We are now going to the 'Happy Orchard' farm ad will question its inhabitants." you replied.

Maybe on the road to the farm you want to have a conversation with any of your fellow party members?
>>
>>28960085
And please don't call me "ma'am". Let's talk about something a little more light hearted on the way. Hobbies, significant others, funny stories, that kind of stuff.
>>
>>28960085
Ma'am?
Do I really look that old?

Pout jokingly
>>
>>28960130
>Do I really look that old?
anon you do know thats what they call a female officer right
>>
>>28960085
ask gust what the hell she was thinking getting into that fight
>>
>>28960152
Jokingly
Joke
Laugh
hahah

We've fought solar guard with that mare on a tavern brawl while she was dead drunk, she was probably joking herself when calling us ma'am
>>
>>28960189
oh yeah silly me
>>
>>28960117
>>28960130
>>28960174

"Oh, come on, do I really look that old?" - you pouted , huffing your cheeks.
"My mother told me 'One clothed with authority must be treated with respect'" she retorted in deadly serious tone.
"And yesterday you told me that you were such a rebel that you even enlisted to piss off your parents."
"Well, sometimes you just have to listen to them, because they just do not expect it!"
"Also, with which part of your body you were thinking when you taunted those Solar Guards? I don't even know why we are still alive!"
"Because it is my duty, duh." - she just shrugged - "somebody must teach them a lesson that they are not superior to others. Just because Celestia allowed them to wear their damned hides doesn't make them kings of this world."
You had nothing to say about that - in fact, you didn't even imagine that Gust had some sense of duty in her head.
1/2
>>
>>28960267

You spent your way walking to the farm in the friendly banter, while Arcane just stared at the sky, admiring the nocturnal sky.
While moon was covered by clouds, many stars shined brightky in the sky.
"You know, that bunch of stars up there reaaaly look like a bear" said Gust, when you almost reached 'Happy Orchard'.
"Hey, Arcane, is it possible for a pony to reach a star?"
"Ursa Minor. This constellation is called Ursa Minor." - he shook his head - "And no. Evven for Princesses it is impossible. Stars are literally composed of magical energy and it will
destroy anyone who tries to reach them. Even from such distance they manage to influence lifes of ponies through their sheer magical power. Many tried to tame it, but in most societies such attempts were forbidden."
"Why?" - you asked - "and did you study them back at home?"
"We did, but under strict control. Mostly theoretical stuff though. And that was because a price one must pay to master such power is too damn high. So don't even ask me to teach you." - at the end of his speech, Arcane sounded quite irritated.

2/2

Maybe you wish to push Arcane further on that matter?
Or should you just proceed to the farm?
>>
>>28960273
proceed to the farm

maybe when we have been through more together we can ask her about the stars but for now drop it
>>
Reminder that Arcane is male
>>
>>28960311
people seem to get his gender wrong a lot
>>
>>28960326
It'll end up as a running joke at this rate.
>>
>>28960287

Deciding against pressing on this matter you just silently proceed to the farm.
An ordinary apple farm, as far as you can see, neat rows of apple trees filling the entire field of view.
Not so far away from you you noticed a wooden house, where probably owners of this farm resided, so you trotted towards it.
After knocking at the door you were greeted by a sorrowful old earth pony mare.
"Ooh, you finally came! Please, come inside, make yourselfes comfortable!"
You were taken aback a little by such greetings - after all you came to investigate dissapearances of one of her relatives and to question another.
"U-uh, sure, ma'am. So, I am private Frosty Rime and this is -" you tried to introduce yourself, but were interrupted by a kindly mare.
"Oh, why are you standing at the doorstep? Come inside, we are just about to have dinner! Our protectors are always invited!"

Well, what are you going to do?
>>
>>28960368
head inside
>>
>>28960326
i think its because when he was first introduced he was a hooded figure and this being a quest about the night guard it brings to mind luna from a hearths warming tale.
>>
>>28960379

"Well, let's get head to the dinner table?"
"Sure, fillies, tonight we have a delicious apple pie!"
"Lady, with all respect to your age, first - this is not an appropriate way to addres Night Guard, and second - "- he paused a bit - "I am a stallion."
"Hush! Do not interrupt the elderly pony!" she raised her hoof and waved it in front of Arcane's face - "and you, young mare should stop smoking that thrash! With voice like taht you would never find a suitable stallion for yourself!"
"But I am stallion..." tried to retort your companion, but an elderly mare just turned in her heels and proceeded to the dining room. You had nothing else to do but to follow.
In the dining you were greeted by a famil of earth ponies: a colt, who must have been at party with High Spirits, grizzled pony, seating at the head of the table, and two mares - one was same age as yours, and the second could probably be your mother.
"Greetings!" - boomed housefather - "let's have a humble dinner before we can discuss our pressing matters!"

Would you have a dinner with the famly, or rather talk about the investigation now?
>>
>>28960495
talk about the investigation now
>>
>>28960495
Start having dinner and shift the dinner conversation to the investigation. Might get some useful information from talking casually to them.
>>
>>28960578
this
>>
When you are writing reply to suggestion A, refresh the page and then understand that readers now want suggestion B instead and you have to start writing again.

>>28960578
>>28960585

"Thanks for your offer" - you said.
Stallion raised from his chair and solemnly spoke a short prayer to Luna, which quite unnerved you. Sure, you honoured your princess, but pray to her since she denied all divinity in her origins?
By the posture of your companions you could say that they both shared your feelings.
On the table there was an enourmous apple pie, some kind of apple pudding and the mugs apple cider was dispensed. Well,that was a family of apple farmers after all.
"So, how had been your buiseness lately doing?" you asked elderly stallion.
"Not so good, since Side Kick went missing" - he sighed - "mares usually trade at market and we with young Heavy Kick were doing all the work in the orchards. But we will endure, with Luna's help."
"So do you think that it could be some elaborate scheme to hinder your business? Many missing ponies were one way or another involved in craft related to apples."
Stallion just shook his head and frowned:"Too many ponies targeted, yet too many still had not suffered from these criminals. It is obvious that Luna-forsaken cultists are involved in there."

Now do you want to:
Speak to the colt?
Or press housefather for more information?
Also you obviously would need some questions to ask besides the generic ones.
>>
>>28960695
>When you are writing reply to suggestion A, refresh the page and then understand that readers now want suggestion B instead and you have to start writing again.
heh
>>
>>28960695
ask the housefather what the missing pony was doing when they were taken
>>
>>28960714

"And what were the circumstances of your son's dissapearance?" - you asked the housefather.
"Side Kick had a... delicate problem lately. Lets' just say, that he had a need to urinate a lot. And one night he didn't return from the toilet. That's the whole story." replied stallion, obviously embarrassed by his son.
"Uhm, thanks for a honest reply, I guess." you muttered. "But do you have any suggestions why your son was chosen by criminals?"
Stallion just shrugged. "Side Kick never crossed anypony's way. He was good working stalliom, but without spine. Of all ponies he is the least lickely to attract anypony's attention."
"Well, thank you for your assistance. Now, if you allow me, I would like to talk to your grandson, Heavy Kick, right?"
"Sure. Though I always told him to stay away from urbans - they only bring trouble."

Now what do you want to ask the young colt?
Or maybe you have some more questions to the head of this family?
>>
>>28960797
>urbans
what

go talk to the young colt ask him if he knows anything about what his brother has been doing recently
>>
>>28960809

Sorry, I couldn't remember better term for how people living in countryside offensively call people living in the cities.
Also, you perhaps misunderstood me, because this colt is grandson of the housefather, and so a son of missing pony and High Spirits was his friend, not brother.
So please, elaborate.
>>
ah ok
go and talk to colt and see if he knows anything
>>
>>28960834
oops meant to quote
>>28960828
>>
>>28960797
Should probably ask him for details regarding the night they celebrated, who saw him last, details regarding where and what they did.
>>
>>28960877
>>28960834

"Oh, and one more question I think. Can you tell me more about that night, when your son went missing. What happened at the celebration?"
"Celebration? I think you misunderstood me, miss. He was just weak on his bladder." - stallion gave you a flat look.
"Oh." - a blush creeped on your face, but before you could say anything, Arcane leaned to your side and whispered:
"You remember when he gave a prayer to Luna?" - you nodded, and unicorn satisfied with your response continued - "Don't you find it suspicious, that there are no icons or any other signs of faith in this room? Or anywhere else at this house where we had been."
You had nothing to reply on it, so you just nodded again.
"Anyways - I think we will ask your grandson then." - you turned to the colt, who sat patiently waiting when he would be allowed to speak.
"So, when was the last time you had seen High Spirits?"
After receiving a nod of approval, Heavy Kick replied:"Uh, well, after we returned from this cave-diggers camp I offered him to stay at our place, but he refused and told that he is old enough to get to his place on his own hoofes, but he was just too drunk, and, well, you know what happens when pony drinks a lot. Maybe there were even no cultists involved."

Any actions you want to take or questions to ask?
>>
>>28961011
ask about the cave diggers camp
>>
>>28961039
This, ask if he met any new ponies there for example.
>>
>>28961039
>>28961086

"What cave diggers?" you niquired, furrowing your brows.
"Eh, how do you call 'em, arceologistics? You got me, right?" - colt replied.
"Quite. What did you do there?" - you inquired.
"It was Zap Flash, he just bragged about gettin' into cave and lookin' at this monsters who lived down there." - Heavy Kick explained - "But then some pegasi caught us and turned us away."
"I see..." - you muttered - "And what about..." - you were interrupted by a loud 'thud'. With a genuine shock you looked at your sides only to notice Gust drooling with her head on the table and Arcane lying on the floor, his armor made the noise that startled you.
"W-what is a meaning of this?" - you screamed, trying to rise from the table. You suddenly realised that your limbs gone completely numb and crushed on the floor right after your unicorn comrade. A dark veil fell on your eyes, and the last thing you heard before passing out to the oblivion was housefather's voice: "Sweet dreams."

And on that very OPTIMISTIC note current session is finished.
No suggestions for now, since you are unconscious now, next session will start with exposition.
Feel free to post any critique and thanks everyone for participating!
>>
>>28961101
i dont really have any criticisms but you are getting better

i liked the meta bit with arcanes gender.
>>
>>28961160
Yeah, I agree. No complaints here. I like the characters and the pacing. The story is interesting as well. And don't worry about those few typos, most of them don't even register and they're not so many that it'd be distracting.
>>
boop
>>
>>28961849
>>
Hillhoof Town

A tiny suburb of Unicorn Range that later developed into a place for both the Solar and Lunar army. It has a population of 285 mares and 305 stallions. This town seems perfectly ordinary, but it has one unusual statistic: The number of ponies who have gone missing since the Fall of Discord is 81 ponies. That's seven to eight times the average of other towns of similar size, such as Ponyville

This story...is the story of Hillhoof Town
>>
>>28963642
why do i get this wierd feeling that you are referencing a work of pornography anon
>>
>>28961101

It was dark and cold there, wherever it was. You were lying on the dirt and your head touched something wooden, so you presumed you were in some kind of basement now.
All your limbs were tied together and your horn was wrapped into some rags to prevent you from using mahic, though it was unnecessary because you felt some kind of buzzing in your head, preventing you from concentrating on spellcasting.
"H-hello? Is anypony there?" - you asked, while trying to raise on your hoofes and failing miserably.
"Your friends are still sleeping." - you heard a faint voice, which presumably belonged to a filly.
"Who are you? And how long are you here?" - you asked, quite surprised.
"Why do you even care? You all are going to die soon anyway." - she replied in resentful tone.
You tried to look around, but due to lack of light you couldn't notice not any kind of stairs, nor bodies of your companions.

Seems like that filly (ot not filly) is your best chance to getting information about your current situation, though she is obviously not in the talkative mood.
What will you do?
>>
>>28965507
ask why she is doing this
>>
>>28965507
"Gong to die?" Put on some bravado despite the situation

"I don't think I've agreed to that yet!"

Wiggle your wait around the wooden sorface, maybe there can be a loose nail to help you free your horn for a start
>>
>>28965507
Ask for how long we've been here

If it's not been too long maybe we can puke some of the poison to lessen its effects
>>
>>28965526
>>28965556

"Going to die, huh?" - you asked, trying to put some bravery in your voice - "We will see about this! But if you are so assured in your success, maybe you would share with me your villainous plans?".
"Villainous plans?" - she erupted in the psychotic laughter - "Heavens above, I am captive here like you! I - I don't even know how long I am here, but you are the first one to assume that I am one of this brain-rotten hillbillies!"
"Wait. Other ponies? You mean the ones they sacrifised?" - you inquired.
"Yeah, them. Who else could be there? Sanitary inspection?"
"Then why are you still alive?"
"I just wish I was dead, but these mudslingers cannot even sacrifice me properly." - she murmured in a more depressed tone.

While conversing with filly you wiggled around the wooden surface, which you were sure was a wall, and to your joy, you found a loose nail and quickly freed your horn from the rags. You tried to perform such maneuver with your hoofes,
but ropes were just too firm.

Looks like this filly has some serious issues.
What are you going to ask?
>>
>>28965579
Still can't magic?
A sharp icicle could maybe do the trick for these ropes. This or maybe spiting on them, freezing it and breaking the whole thing
>>
>>28965579
ask her about her kidnapping
>>
>>28965588
>>28965570
>>28965591

"How long have we been here?"
She just snorted in reply - "A hour, or two. Why does it matter now?"
Well, since your horn was free, all that stood between you and freedom was -...
Pain.
The very moment you tried to accumulate arcane energy you felt a cutting jolt of pain at the base of your horn. Shocked, you gave a cry and fell on your back.
"It is useless." - you heard filly's voice - "ponies before tried and failed."
"But why? What have they done to us?" you asked.
"Not them. Me." - her voice was so quiet, that you barely could hear her.
"W-what do you mean?" - to say that you were shocked was to say nothing.
"B-because" - you heard quiet sobs from her general direction - "it is my fault. Because I always bring bad luck to ponies. They just fail at everything while I am around." - her voice was dangerously rising - "Because I brought that damn book to these lunatics! Because I killed my own mother when she gave birth!"
Now filly just blabbered loudly, while you quietly looked at the corner where she resided.

Your actions?
>>
>>28965641
go give the filly a hug
>>
>>28965641
"Oh? Let's see if your bad luck can stop me from doing THAT!"

Engage in emegency snuggles and try to have her calm down and stop guilt triping
>>
>>28965649
>>28965653

Damn. You knew that this filly now needed an emergency session of hugs, so you rolled in her general direction.
Soon you were able to make out her silouette in the darkness.
"No, stop! Don't come closer - " - she tried to protest, but you interrupted her with a smile:
"Oh? Let's see if your bad luck can stop me from doing THAT!"
You tried to put embrace filly in some awkward hug, since your, and, as you could see, her limbs were tied, but the moment you touched her you understood that whatever it was it could definetely stop you.
It was like your soul, your own existance revolted against being around her. It was like thousand needles pierced your horn, your eyes quickly gone wet and you gagged, as if some invisible barrier in your throat suddenly appeared.
Instinctively you rolled away from her and pain receded, though not dissapeared.
"- for your own sake." - she meekly finished. - "That was how she died. After that my father just abandoned me. I am just cursed."
You were truly lost with your words, and while you tried to recompose yourself, you heard hoofsteps above you. Seems like your captors decided to do something with you and your friends.

Your actions?
>>
>>28965695
be very quite until we are sure they are past
>>
>>28965695
How did anyone even force you in here then?
>>
>>28965717
>>28965705

"How did anyone even force you in here then?" - you whispered to not attract attention from your captors?
"At first they seemd nice enough, they even offered me to stay, but then they just threw a bag on me, took the damn book and dumped me here when I slept" - she gave you a hushed reply - "then whenever they tried to sacrifice me along ... others, they just threw another bag on me?"
"Tried to sacrifice?" - you inquired, puzzled.
"Whenever they try to do it with me they fail. Though it is no the case with others. I am so cursed that I can't even die" - she gave you a half-laugh, half sob.
Before you could say anything more, hatch at the ceiling opened and torchlight filled the basement. You could see your sleeping comrades without armor, their limbs tied in the same way as yours.
You then looked at yourself to notice that you were completely naked too.Then you glanced back at the filly. Her fur was beige and mane violet, her grey eyes red from crying. Then you looked at her cutiemark, and damn, it was weird. On her flank was depicted a white unicorn's face in profile with a broken horn.
Meanwhile, traitorous family descended to the basement.
"Damn, pops, why should I always carry her?" - complained a stallion, whom you didn't seen before.
"Shut up, Side. Everypony here is doing their share." - replied housefather, raising Arcane on his shoulders, while middle-aged mare took Gust.
Heavy Kick and Side Kick were coming in your general direction, the latter carrying a big bag on his shoulder.

Your actions?
>>
>>28965753
Might be a good idea to act unconscious, or tell the filly to get close to them, since touching the filly seems to has adverse effects.
>>
>>28965753
are heavy kick or side kick armed?
>>
>>28965777
No. Though they are earth ponies and you are unicorn, who is currently having troubles with using magic.
>>
>>28965789
hm probably still a bad idea to fight them then

go along with them for now
>>
>>28965804
>>28965762

You decided that it would be better not to provoke your captors and tried to act unconscious.
Stallions stopped a couple of steps before you and Side Kick threw his bag on the filly with respectable precision and then took it in his mouth and carried it back to the exit, while Heavy Kick leaned towars you and took you on his shoulders.

They carried you out to the fresh air, starlight illuminating a small circle of stones on the ground. A small figure of an old mare, who greeted you at the doors of the farmhouse stood near the improvised altar with her right forehoof outstretched, some book resting in it.

"Drop featherbrain there and let's start the ritual." commanded grizzled stallion, dropping Arcane on the ground. High Kick did as his grandfather, throwing you from his back, while Side Kick just released the bag from his mouth, while middle-aged mare with Gust on her shoulders proceeded to the sacrificial circle.
She carefully placed your friend on a particulary big stone in the middle of the circle, while her daughter rushed to help her with preparing Gust, who didn't even had decency to wake up, for the ritual.
You shot a quick glance on Arcane. Unicorn was awaken by now, an expression of terrible pain and concentration on his face.

Looks like they are going to start any time soon. Your actions?
>>
>>28965844
We're probably far enough from the cursed child to magic now (Or else their ritual would be failing by now) do>>28965588
>>
>>28965844
no time to lose they could stab her any minute now

charge at the altar to try and save gust
>>
>>28965869
oh wait i forgot we are still bound
change my vote to
>>28965868
>>
>>28965872
>>28965868

Seems you were far enough from the filly to try and cast your magic. While your horn still ached, it was a bearable pain and you began to cut through your ropes with freshly conjured icicle.
Meanwhile ritual had already began. Cultists formed a six-pointed star and were chanting some gibberish. It could even look funny, if not for Hust being in mortal peril and... some eerie feeling in the air, like it began to thicken. You felt some tremor below the ground and heard a short scream of pain coming from Arcane's side. Unicorn was unlucky enough to be close to the cursed child.

You finally managed to free yourself and were currently rubbing your numbed limbs now. The ritual was at it's peak - even you could feel magic in the air now, and they could choose to kill Gust anytime soon.

What will you do?
>>
>>28965925
Is the bag still on the filly?

Hurl her on the nearest culitist, then free Arcane as fast as you can and prepare for a fight!
>>
>>28965925
send bolts of ice through them shoot to kill
>>
>>28965925
Can we disrupt the magic in the air, or use it to strengthen our own magic?
We just need one of them alive. Perhaps the best course of action is to free Arcane, then throw a icicle to kill the closest chanting cultist.
>>
i tried to find an image of a military funeral for if gust does not make it but this was the best i could find
>>
>>28965934
Bag is still on the filly. Though it seems like others did not fully support your course of action.
>>28965944
>>28965941

You tried to rach for this magic, but it evaded your horn, concentrating near Gust.
You ran towards Arcane, while shooting an icicle to the closest cultist, who by chance was High Kick's sister. Mare emitted a high scream, when icicle hit her in the chest and falled in the circle, while her blood dripped on the ground.
Family stopped chanting for a moment, looking at their fallen brethern and you, cutting Arcane's ropes with your magic, when old mare emitted a high scream of desperation, pulled some elaborate dagger from her saddlebags and plunged it into Gust's chest.
Thick air swayed like a stretched membrane when blood fell on the stones. Gust, suddebly awaken by a dagger in her chest, started trashing and screaming violently , tied to the altar, only widening her wound and causing more blood to flow on the sacrificial stone.
"It's going out of control!" - screamed Heavy Kick.
"We are in full control!" - retorted housefather with a white in his eyes. "You can't stop it coming right now! Greet the servant of chaos!"
You said nothing while cutting last rope restraining your unicorn comrade. The moment you freed his limbs he rolled away from the bag and raised on his hoofes.

Air above the circle was now thicken enough for you to see a shape forming in the air, while starlight filled it. Something was coming from the other side of reality and you could feel it's thirst. Thirst not even for blood, but for your soul.

Well, now you face five cultists, Arcane is free and Gust is restrained and wounded. Your actions?
>>
>>28966010
just keep firing bolts at them they seem to distracted to be able to dodge effectively
>>
>>28966010
Is it to late to throw the cursed filly to fuck the ritual up?

Have Arcane cover you while you do that
>>
>>28966036
It is only for you to decide whether it is TOO late.
>>
>>28966036
the important part is how do we throw her? stuff ponies try involving her always fail, can we free her and tell her to move in or something?
>>
>>28966054
Well, you can free her, since she is just in a bag.
The question is - is she in any condition to move or even comprehend what you will tell her (emotional condition I mean).
>>
>>28966054
I think her mere presence disturbs ambiant magic and even in the bag. Best course would using the bag to get some somentum and then sent her flying toward the ritual. If that's too complicated and hard to pull off, just throw th bag since we clearly still feel her influence

>>28966041
I was asking that in a "is there 5 people and 100 yards between us and her" sense, sorry if it wasn't clear
>>
>>28966088

No more than two dozen meters between you and the closest cultist, who is incapacitated now. Circle itself is at most 5 meters wide.
>>
File: doit.gif (1MB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
doit.gif
1MB, 500x255px
>>28966110
Well, then
>>
>>28966010
Ruin their containment circle so it really DOES go out of control, magic some rocks out of it- Or hurl a cultist INTO it.
>>
>>28966134
>>28966182

"Arcane! Cover me!" - you shouted, while taking a run for the bag.
Instead of answering, he just struck an old mare with his telekinesis.
You thought a bit about disrupting magic circle, but since housefather was laughing maniacally, Side Kick and middle-aged mare, probably his wife, rushed to help their wounded daughter and old hag was struggling for breathe now, having dropped her dagger.
High Kick charged in your direction, trying to intercept you at the bag. Though you somehow managed to reach the cursed child before him, only a couple of steps divided you now, and colt will try his best not to let you disrupt the ritual, or rather what was becoming of it now, since you felt malevolent magic strengthening its presense in your realm, ready to take a physical shape.
Arcane tried to intercept the young cultist, but his magic dissipated into the air, since earth pony was too close to the filly by now.

How will you deal with High Kick?
>>
>>28966197
run at him at top speed and tackle him
>>
if we do manage to get the cursed filly to the ritual it will probably either end really well (aside from dust getting stabed) for us or really badly for us
>>
>>28966209

You charge the colt, trying to tackle him to the ground, but Heavy Kick seems to be prepared for it. He stops in his heels, turns around and bucks you with his hindlegs in your chest.
You fall on your back, trying to catch a breathe and looking around for some possible solution to your current problem. On your left you see a bag containing cursed filly when you notice a pony-shaped silhouette digging out from the ground.
"What're you lookin' at, narwhal?" - earth pony cames closer to you, ready to deliver a final blow.
You hear Arcane loudly cursing, as another telekinetic charges dissipate in filly's aura.

Your actions?
>>
>>28966381
put your best bluffing skills to the test and with a smirk on your face say you are looking at your backup

hopefully he will be tricked into turning around to look and we can take him out while he is distracted
>>
>>28966381
>a pony-shaped silhouette digging out from the ground.
Wut? Zombies?
>>
>>28966418
oh also look over his shoulder while you do this to really sell it
>>
>>28966381
do>>28966418 be sure to look past him
Sweep his legs to knock him down and knock him out whit hoof to the face if he looks back.

If it fails, roll to the side when he strikes, then counter by knocking him down.
>>
>>28966463
>>28966454
>>28966418

Well, now it is time to use some unconventional tactics, so you just smirk at his face:"You forgot that I am not alone." you say, while looking over his shoulder.
High Kick jumps and half-turns to have both you and Arcane in his field of view. Luckily, that is enough for you to Sweep his legs and knock him down.
While earth pony is set sprawling on the ground, you strike him in his face with your hoof and look back at the strange silhouette and see it now charging into your's, no, ritual's direction.

Now you have four options:
1. Try to reach Gust (covering her wih magic, or carrying her away from the altar).
2. Free the cursed child and ask hin to do something.
3. Use bag with cursed child to try and disrupt ritual.
4. Try to intercept strange silhouette.
Or maybe you want to do something else?
>>
>>28966486
>3. Use bag with cursed child to try and disrupt ritual.
>>
>>28966486

Crash this ritual... WITH NO SURVIVORS
Aside from Gust
>>
>>28966499
>spoiler
taking bets

http://www.strawpoll.me/11760250
>>
>>28966499
>>28966493

Damn, you are running pretty short on time. You looked at the ritual circle only to see remaining cultists staying inside, like in hopes that it would protect them, and looking above, at the bear-shaped... something, which you could only describe as a rip in the reality.
You quickly reach for the bag with your hoofes and mouth and ignoring the pain in your horn you start running to the circle.
"Damn, Rime! Get out of there, now!" - you heard Arcane screaming, but you just continued to push forward, until you were sure that you'd be able to land a perfect hit.
You muster all your power and swing the bag to the altar. Against all your hopes, the entity in the air does not dissipate, but sort of jumps away from the cursed filly. A couple of secomds later a baleful shriek deafens you for a moment, and with a loud 'clap' a magic condenses into a giant bear-like monster.
At least your efforts were not in vain, as beast made from pure starlight shrieks again and you see that he is missing his right forelimb. It landed on the ground far from you, so now Gust , filly and cultists separate it from you and Arcane.

What are you going to do now?
>>
>>28966559
fire bolts at the reaming cultists as we charge in to get gust out of there
>>
>>28966582
>reaming
*remaining
>>
>>28966582

You shot a couple of icicles at remaining cultists, hitting incapacitating Side Kick. Though others just ignored it, instead bowing to the star-beast and mumbling some wretched prayers. Beast itself paid them no attention, only howling and circling the ritual circle.
You accelerated and reached Gust, who was breathing heavily now. Blood leaked freely from her wounds, and you doubted that she would survive without proper medical attention. Even more, you doubted that she would be able to fight now.
Three remaining cultists still seem to be distracted by the starspawn, so it could be a perfect chance to finish them.

You want to:
1.Free Gust from altar stone.
2.Free cursed filly from her bag.
3.Finish cultists.
Or anything else?
>>
>>28966582
How about, instead, we tell Arcane to distract the beast, then make one of our forehooves as hard as ice and hit the bag really hard?

We're a cryomancer for fucks sake, not a machine gun
>>
>>28966688
>1.Free Gust from altar stone.
>>
>>28966688
do >>28966698 please
>>
>>28966698
>>28966711

Pray tell, for what abysmal reason you want to hit the bag?
>>
>>28966698
the bag was already out of range at that point
without weapons and pressed for time we are kind of limited.

also beast already seems pretty passive as is
>>
>>28966688
Free the filly
>>
>>28966719
>>28966727
Well, free Gust...since the filly can't die
>>
>>28966688
We should stop Gust's bleeding by freezing the wound, it'll buy her more time.
>>
>>28966727
wait do you mean you want to hit it now towards the beast
i dunno seems like a bad idea the filly is on our side
>>
>>28966753
i think she may have talking in hyperbole there and it was just nobody spending enough time close enough to her to stab her

oh well guess we will find out at least how resistant to injury filly is
>>
>>28966763
>>28966711
>>28966698

So let me get this straight. You want to punch a bag with cursed filly into the beast?
>>
>>28966780
i think thats what
>>28966698
and
>>28966711
want

>>28966763
this was just me speculating on the filly i voted for freeing gust
>>
>>28966800
actually, I changed my mind because of >>28966727, so i'd be great if we free Gust and run like a bitch
>>
>>28966871
>>28966800
>>28966704

You rush to your pegasus friend, and after you cut her restraints with your horn she slids to the ground.
"Gust? Gust! Are you all right? Can you hear me?" - you leaned to her side.
"I... had been..." - she was interrupted by a fit of coughing, blood leaking from her mouth.
You quickly thought about any ways to mend her wounds - freezing them was out of option, since a bag containing cursed filly layed near sacrificial stone and your first-aid kit was taken by the cultists with your armor.
"Heavens above..." - you heard filly's voice and when you turned to look at the bag you saw that she managed to get out of it, probably just ripping it's fabric with her horn. Her gaze, as ones of cultists, was directed at the starspawn, who in absence of any suitable targets was now fighting with Arcane.
You heard a sound of metal creaking from his side and wondered where and when did he manage to get some weapon and how is he still alive - after all, he hadn't fully restored his powers after his injury at the bar brawl.

Your actions?
>>
>>28966882
use the bag filly was in to give help stop gusts bleeding
>>
>>28966909
this
>>
>>28966933
>>28966909

You hastily take the bag from the ground. After quickly finishing bandaging Gust's wounds you hear Side Kick's voice: "Pops, what should we do with them?"
All three remaining cultists turn towards you and as wide grins appear on their faces, they slowly start surrounding you. Maybe they have no combat experience, but they still overwhelm you.
Filly looked at you with pleading eyes and whispered: "Please... save us."

Your actions now?
>>
>>28966950
stand up on the altar to gain a height advantage for the fight
>>
>>28966950
Make a sword made out of ice
>>
>>28966982
Reminder that we are near the living magic dampener (a.k.a. the cursed filly).
>>
File: ITS OVER ANAKIN.jpg (54KB, 862x366px) Image search: [Google]
ITS OVER ANAKIN.jpg
54KB, 862x366px
>>28966981
>''It's over! I have the high ground now!''
>>
>>28966982
antimagic filly anon
>>
>>28966981

You climbed on top of the sacrificial stone, ready to make these cultists pay dearly for your hide.
But instead of charging you, gloryfying their god, as you expected, they just started laughing:
"Do you just understand" - housefather wiped a tear out of his eye - "that you literally left your friend on our mercy?".
He then trotted to the Gust, who still lied near the altar.
"There are three of us. Whatever you do - you can't win."
"And you offer me to surrender?" - you snapped at him.
"Surrender? Oh, no. Just giving you time to understand that you are doomed." - he grinned.
Then he fell on the ground, a sharpened stone in his throat. Two remaining cultists turned back only to see Arcane levitating two more rocks, and ducked to cover.
Though you were grateful for his help there was one thing that began to bugger you right now. If Arcane was there, then who was fighting the starbeast?

But now you have more pressing matters. What will be your course of action?

Current session is finished. Post suggestions for tomorrow and thanks everyone for participating!
>>
>>28967246

Oh damn, forgot trip again.
>>
>>28967246
oh wow we really did not think that high ground plan through
>>
>>28967246
assuming one of the 2 remaining cultists are close enough to the altar to do it and they are at least 10 meters apart from each other jump up and drop down onto one of them.

otherwise get down onto the ground and fight normally making sure to guard gust and to a lesser extent filly
>>
>>28967246
The dagger of the hag should be lying around here, take it
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.