[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the EQG world so mundane?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 18

File: Legend_of_Everfree_poster.jpg (43KB, 250x351px) Image search: [Google]
Legend_of_Everfree_poster.jpg
43KB, 250x351px
Why is the EQG world so mundane?
>>
>>28894279
Because it's supposed to be a representation of our world.
>>
>>28894279
To make the magical elements stand out more.
>>
>>28894328
But it is more mundane than our world.
>>
File: 1479158826393.jpg (23KB, 480x480px)
1479158826393.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>28894381
>>
>>28894390
But it is significantly more mundane, most people aren't that dull.

I don't even think anyone in the EQG universe is as crazy as Donald Trump, and he got elected president.
>>
>>28894410
(You)
>>
>>28894279
No hooves.
>>
>>28894381
>>28894410
That's just bad writing.

>>28894418
I am not meaning that as a knock against him, I am speaking in general terms.
>>
>>28894279
Because its not New York
>>
>>28894463
Or LA.
>>
>>28894279
Because there's nothing important in it.

All its substantial shit has to be imported.
>>
Probably because this is what the writers assume our world is like.
>>
>>28894279
Dont worry, next movie is gonna be action packed
>>
>>28894619
That won't be until 2018.
>>
>>28894410
>most people aren't that dull.
do you really want to see them get on their social media, REEEEEEE-ing at everything while screaming rape at every guy that walks by them and say that they are really a gender fluid werewolf vampire squirrel-kin who's only source of sustenance is acorns and fruit punch slushies?

I like the simple SoL because life gets hectic at times
it reminds me of a time when the internet wasn't everywhere and people actually went outside and DID things

kids today will text their friends who are literally sitting next to them, rather than actually talk to each other
>>
>>28894410
They can't exactly make it American Beauty levels of suburbia drama. It's for kids and tweens, promoting the message of being friends and getting along.

Now, if you mean they could spice it up with daily melodrama, like following a school election or perhaps having the country CHS is located in at war with another country and dealing with the sentiment arising from that, then I'd understand. But the real world is so complex and gritty that it can't really be covered in movies like this.
>>
>>28894900
>>28894929

They could make the characters more interesting or do more than just build a dock.

They could make the world more comical so they don't need to struggle as hard to come up with jokes.
>>
>>28894951
now that they're expanding (dong) their world, we should see more of it and get to know more about them
especially when they make it into a series
it's really hard to explore 10+characters and tell a story in only 70 minutes
you're supposed to know who they are from their pony counterparts
even so, they are starting to develop them as separate characters
>>
>>28894976
But like none of the films or expanded material makes any of the Mirror World characters or world all that interesting.

What makes you think they will start now?
>>
>>28894929
But it isn't particularly great at that
>>
>>28894279
It would have been far more interesting if they didn't go for the whole high school bullshit when the M6 are CLEARLY adults. All they had to do it litterally copy any current "modern fantasy" show's plot and it would have been praised beyond the fawning of a few hyper-autists on /mlp/
>>
>>28894279
Side effect of having an identity crisis.
>>
>>28895001
because of the popularity of the films
it was supposed to have been a one off, so they kept it super simple
they now have a bigger staff and Ishi is at the helm from what I've seen and heard so far, and he likes the characters, so he won't Flanderize them worse than they have been

>>28895095
I agree, they should have made them be in collage at least, but the show is for a slightly older audience than FiM is, and tweens
they were also competing with MH at the time and "Ever After" (the teens of the princes and princesses from all Disney films, including some villains kids) came out about the same time too (I think)
>>
>>28894279
Because its a sandbox.
>>
>>28895128
I guess you may have a point, I will wait and see.

>>28895153
Then it should actually be far less mundane then.
>>
File: aj strong.jpg (347KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aj strong.jpg
347KB, 1920x1080px
>>28895161
>less mundane

That's why its tokusatsu now.
>>
>>28895194
More like a magical girl series, which shares a lot in common with tokusatsu.

But EQG isn't going to rely on the fight scenes nearly as much as Super Sentai, Power Rangers, or Kamen Rider. It also doesn't address the fact that in most series they have more interesting worlds or often were way more comical than EQG is.
>>
>>28894279
Riddle me this. What did sunset shimmer do with the real one? Why isn't it addressed? Is she keeping her in a rape dungeon somewhere?
>>
>it's a "le mundane eqg world" thread
>>
>>28895237
>EQG isn't going to
you can't assume nothing
EQG follow the fandom bullshit and see if some things work or not.
>>
>>28895391
Hasbro didn't seem to want to focus on action in the show or EQG so far, why would they start now?
>>
>>28895258
it's because the Sunset we know is actually the HUMAN Sunset who fell through the portal as a baby, and was raised in the pony world, so she thinks she's a pony
the PONY Sunset is on the other side of Equestria amassing an army with Queen Chrysalis in an uneasy partnership

>>28895420
because they just went with power-up armor and abilities in LoE?
>>
>>28895391
Their first battle with their superpowers was a complete bore, do you really want to see them try to do more?
>>
>>28895445
How is that terribly different from Rainbow Power?
>>
>>28895420
because yes
its how sandbox works
Watch it with commentaries on. It may gave you some perspective.
>>28884286
>>28884740

>>28895455
Are you talking about LOE? Because there's no battle at all. The transformation explode everything n shits.
>>
>>28895479
I considered the scene where they were trying to break through the vines to be the battle.

Also their superpowers will require them to either receive upgrades or become way more skilled alongside having really good team work and luck that the opposition didn't plan far enough and isn't strong enough to just destroy them easily.

Simply relying in a magical combo attack to destroy every enemy marginalizes their superpowers, relying on an enemy to be weak enough to be destroyed by their superpowers will require some great writing and storyboarding to not be boring.
>>
>>28895556
I doubt it is going to be anything different than what we have seen so far.
>>
File: a dildo.jpg (246KB, 1920x1080px)
a dildo.jpg
246KB, 1920x1080px
>>28895556
>break through the vines

I'd thought it was well done because I did really wanted to know how to escape from that and they covered all my autism showing off the powers against the vine.

About the superpowers, it just open doors to more plot lines. As was said in the coment, the introduce of magic in this world allowed a plot where the magic were a little bit messy till the m7 take control of it.

I'm not good with this kind of discuss anyway, have this copy-paste:

"I have seen so many unpleasable ‘fans’ drop the show just because it doesn’t appeal to their exact, pinpoint interests. The show’s mass appeal is like an explosion that washes over a wide area; personal appeal is like a sniper rifle targeting one person. By wanting the show to be a sniper rifle, you inadvertently want it to alienate others. Not everyone wants what you want. Some crazier headcanons would kill the show if implemented because of limited appeal.

Latching so tightly onto your headcanon that it spoils the show for you is your problem. Turn your ideas into your own story, instead of using the show as a crutch. If you don’t like what’s being written, then do your own writing."
>>
>>28895664
The vines had a respawn time, someone could have easily climbed out during that one second window.

(nice sourcing from the EQD comments BTW) Also what headcanon talk is there? I am criticizing what has been shown because of the limitations of how to build on it and what I expect Hasbro to do.
>>
>>28895664
I would love if the EQG series went in an unexpected direction, I would love if it crushed my headcanon that the EQG world is just a more subdued version of our world with a magical portal in it.
>>
File: Mortal Kombat.jpg (271KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mortal Kombat.jpg
271KB, 1920x1080px
>>28895697
>vines had a respawn time
Gloriosa is a faggot that can be too op sometimes and control specific vines.
They can lewdly spread the vines like twiggles did, though.

>Also what headcanon talk is there?
About what you expect Hasbro to do, I guess.
I'm sorry I'm smart as SnowFlake Bulk Biceps.
>>
>>28895767
What was stopping you from climbing the vines or using a chainsaw or a flamethrower?
>>
>>28895777
too fast for chainsaw
too watery for flamethrower also high risk of you becoming a barbecue
>>
>>28895831
They didn't seem that fast in the film. Also a flamethrower would also smoke Gloriosa out.
>>
File: FIRE IN THE HOLE.jpg (193KB, 1920x1080px)
FIRE IN THE HOLE.jpg
193KB, 1920x1080px
>>28895837
>>28895858

Don't worry, anon.
Just more people or sugar would defear Gloriosa.
>>
>>28895865
But Gloriosa was weak, believe me I WANT EQG to be great, I WANT EQG to do something creative and/or exciting, but I don't think it will.
>>
File: 1479386093749.jpg (67KB, 397x960px)
1479386093749.jpg
67KB, 397x960px
>>28895971
I don't know about creativity, but we can expect something exciting alright.
Believe in meme magic.
>>
>>28895865
Gloriosa needed saving too. I wouldn't want to use something that could harm her. Stop, yes. Maim, no.
>>
>>28896029
I really doubt that.
>>
>>28896045
Then taze her or grab her with a rope.
>>
>>28895727
It could happen, only on the hub.
>>
>>28896149
They haven't made a single attempt at it. They seem to want the focus to be entirely on Equestria's magic
>>
>>28896157
They tried to focus on personal things but something happens and everything fucked up.
>>
>>28894279
Isn't that the point? It's like reverse Narnia. A princess from a magic fantasy realm goes through a secret portal to find an utterly mundane world that, to her, is strange.
>>
>>28896148
>tase Gloriosa
I don't want to do that either. I'd gladly grab her though. With my arms.
>>
>>28896564
That's not the main conflict of the movies, and the only interpersonal conflicts that are interesting involve Sunset and maybe Twilight Sparkle.
>>
File: UUUU.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px)
UUUU.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>28896714
>not the main conflict
For now.

>interpersonal conflicts that are interesting involve Sunset and maybe Twilight Sparkle.
For you.
>>
>>28896726
Did you really find the subplot of building the dock in LOE to be all that interesting?
>>
>>28894279
Bad writing.
>>
Writers think this is what the real world is like.
>>
>>28894279
>Magic doesn't exist in the world without cause.
>Like biodiversity or intelligence, it needs special starting conditions to spark and a generally hospitable environment to survive.
>Also like biodiversity and intelligence, after a certain point it has a profound effect on whatever comes afterwards.
>Equestria, or its world, was very receptive.
>As a result more sentient species arose, more cultures were developed, and both creativity and drama played a wider role in world events.
>Where nonmagical worlds mostly face problems of resource allocation and entropy, the problems of magical ones boil down to who has the magic.
>These differences keep magical worlds from contacting nonmagical ones, even though people with magic are far more able to initiate conversation.
>In some cases, powerful cultures or individuals use them as dumping-grounds, prisons, or nonaggression areas, usually without their knowledge.
>In fact, many feel distaste or chauvinism for "less advanced" worlds, like the belief that such worlds have magic but are too stupid to realize it.
>This isn't entirely unfounded.
>In the case of the "human world", it's clear that magic exists in some capacity, but not as much as in Equestria.
>However, due to some environmental factor, magic hasn't been able to grow in this soil.
>The Dazzlings, despite existing in this world for centuries, have found no stable source of magic aside from whatever abilities of their own they can fit inside of the small magical bandwidth.
>The Tree of Harmony, an artifact which has done ridiculously important things to the benefit of magic in Equestria, is here only a malformed curiosity, the Elements only small crystals which Gloriosa takes from it, corrupting herself in exchange for the power a strong unicorn might have.
>And, resultingly, all creative and dramatic forces in the world revolve around those few entities which hold magical power.
>As magic grows in the world, this is liable to change.
>>
>>28895258
https://twitter.com/ishiH3Art/status/795790424187121665
>>
>>28900123
Where did you copy this from?
>>
>>28900446
I wrote it.
>>
>>28896789
There's people who thinks Timber and Twilight more interesting than interpersonal interactions between Sunset and Twiggles.
Yes, the world is shit.

I thought you are talking about all the movies and prospect, not just LOE.
>>
>>28900997
I liked the first two, Friendship Games was below average, but LOE felt like it has the most filler.
>>
>>28901205
>it has the most filler.
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>28894410
>Hillary was unconsoleable
>Obama's staff started literally crying upon his entry
>the entire media were shitting their pants
>Wikileaks proved that billionaire elites are funding anti-Trump campaigns
>European media are lying media as usual
>the motherfucking UN set up a bureau to find out how he could win on all levels
The salt is delicious.
>>
>>28901952
Much of the running time is spent on subplots that are not interesting and have poor payoff.
>>
File: weeaboo.png (1MB, 1147x663px) Image search: [Google]
weeaboo.png
1MB, 1147x663px
>>28902051
Got it.
Theres a lot of chinese cartoons with the same vibe that I'm used to watch so its not a big problem here.
>>
>>28902088
This picture is fascinating, on the left side, we have literal perfection, the height of western artistry.

On the right, we have a pile of generic garbage that makes me want to vomit.
>>
>>28902097
you got it backwards.
>>
>>28902448
>>28903429
>t. cuck
>>
>>28902448
>>
Writers are lazy.
>>
File: nope.png (364KB, 348x507px) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
364KB, 348x507px
>>28902116
you got it reversed, brah
>>
>>28894410
Trump literally didn't do anything wrong, yet. I dont understand american panic over him.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.