[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Giving you my wallet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

Alright how much does it cost to animate this shit show in Flash for 21 minutes?

I might have some cash in my wallet enough to pay for the animation, but the rest is on you.

I hear you constantly complaining about not having the money to animate your own show away from Hasbro/Mike Vogel's influence. I can help you with that.
>>
>>28881625
It cost four hundred thousand dollars to animate this show..
for twelve seconds.
>>
File: Mike Pence.gif (3MB, 414x382px) Image search: [Google]
Mike Pence.gif
3MB, 414x382px
>>28881635

You are a terrible person.
>>
>>28881635
I'm not paying for your minigun ammo, Heavy. Get out.
>>
So how much does it cost to hire Dhx Media? Is Studio B still around or did they split?
>>
>>28881625
Animation is horrifically expensive. Some shows can run into the millions. That's one of the reasons that Flash and CG is so popular now. It's not nearly as taxing on animators and is significantly cheaper than traditional (read: better) hand drawn animation.
>>
>>28881625
I'll do it but first send it to my pay pal account
>>
>>28881625
I vaguely remember a figure along the lines of 450,000 dollars an episode, but don't quote me on that.
>>
>>28881625
You're begging for a copyright lawsuit if you're gonna create your own MLP show. Come up with something original revolving around a similar premise, but without ponies. Then maybe you'll have what little support I can give.
>>
I think on average each episode costs around $250k. If you spend this much on making an MLP cartoon you'll get a call from Hasbro's lawyers.
>>
>>28881825
I think whoever would pay 450k for this level of cheap flash animation alone is a fucking retard who can't manage money.
450k would be with audio, voice actors, backgrounds, tehnicians, studio renting, writers, directors and useless storyboard artists(my animators can draw too, get the fuck out)
>>
>>28881625
>I might have some cash in my wallet enough to pay for the animation
Proof?
>>
>>28881855
If you want only animators, you might get away with paying between $100k-$300k for a half hour episode. Animation is expensive.
>>
>>28881829
>>28881852
>No ponies.
Well if you insist I could make it about cats, little furball cats.
But ponies aren't copyrighted. You can even xopy the same color palette, just change the design and names. You can also get away with marking it as a parody, without it actually being a sarcastic mock towards the source material.
>>
File: 1476603860884.gif (2MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1476603860884.gif
2MB, 300x168px
>>28881635
>>
I can voice-act, but I want a share of merchandising rights
>>
>>28881855
Yes, $450,000 an episode was for total production costs from writing to delivering a finished episode.
>>
>>28881625
I think someone ran the figures and it takes roughly about 500-750k an episode. How deep are your pockets?
>>
>>28881943
I'm planning on spending 200k(+25k for finishing touches costs)

Of course, I could do a much smarter move... spend 4k on a trailer to get the fandom all hyped up and have them give me the cash.
But that's a game of luck. I can pay for the animation, not for the extra stuff, otherwise I'll have to cut the animation budget cheap.
>>
>>28882003
Why not use Harmony?
>>
>>28882022
Is it cheaper or more effective? I heard it's basically Flash on steroids.
>>
>>28881625
Each episode costs 100K to make.
That is with government tax breaks and outsourcing to Top Draw.
>>
>>28882003
Make it anatomically correct at all times
>>
>>28882076
Flash is cheaper because its animators will be cheaper and the program will be less efficient.
>>
>>28882173
>be real animator
>hand draw everything
>take days or even weeks to bring everything to life
>episode is great
>you get a hefty paycheck for your hard work

>be "animator"
>just get out of Cal Arts
>open up flash, doodle a bit, add joints, and drag it around
>have an episode done in a day or 2
>episode sucks
>don't get much money but shit man you didn't do much work either

And that's why companies love Flash.
>>
>>28881625
22 minute cartoons cost on average $500k per episode.

>>28881829
Like Kuroinu?
>>
>>28882529
Who the fuck hand-draws everything in animation this day and age? Also who says modern animation doesn't include a lot of frame by frame for situations where the rigs won't fit? Or for special effects?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Companies don't love Flash. Very few companies even feel neutral on Flash. Most hate it. Flash animators are paid less because it's a clunky program and it always looks like Flash if you work in it.
>>
File: 1 (6).jpg (25KB, 707x350px) Image search: [Google]
1 (6).jpg
25KB, 707x350px
>>28881855
>all the fan animations are absolute trash and incredibly short
>hurr animating is easy

Think about all the shitty animations on YT that clock in at 3-5 minutes at most and take months. Throwing more people at a project also doesn't mean it'll go twice or three or four times as fast. It'll even slow it down after a while. If you want to churn out animation that quickly and don't have Asian slave labor to fall back on, you're going to have to shell out relatively enormous amounts of dosh
>>
>>28881625
Just don't let 'em make the retarded shit with the deer and taped-on-antlers pony. That one was bad by any standards and would rate as probably The Worst MLP Ever Made if actually produced.
>>
>>28883061
>all the fan animations are absolute trash and incredibly short
Hey not our problem that autistics are natural-born losers. We're not paying for his autism too.
>>
>>28882127
This sounds about right for the animation level FIM uses. It's not Wakfu, Motorcity, The Looney Tunes Show to demand 1 million per episode.
>>
File: dante-alighieri-17.jpg (118KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
dante-alighieri-17.jpg
118KB, 900x750px
What exactly would the episode be about?
>>
>>28883711
It would, it would also be the best thing /mlp/ actually produced
It would be the only project so far /mlp/ actually finished.
>>
So tell me horsef- self respectable individuals of this fantasy fandom, what would you prefer the animation to be about?

I have a few ideas in mind...
A christmas/snowday episode
A halloween/episode
A reboot of Best Night Ever done in an amazing way as a finale for season 1.

I could easily include Princess Luna in all of them and make her a 4D character, but without overshadowing everyone.
>>
>>28886265
What style would you prefer? Serious+artistic? Or mindless cutesy immature fun?
>>
>>28886275
>>28886265
Halloween with Luna again.
>>
>>28886301
How about: Nightmare night and Luna makes a house of horrors.
The show is targeted at adults but since the cmc aslready gott their cutiemarks they think they are old enough for the ride and sneak in only to have a heart attack five minutes in.
>>
>>28886805
Wanna tell you a little secret which might screw me over into the future?
>>
>>28887212
If it has to do with artist Egophiliac, then I already know.
If not, then go ahead.
>>
>>28887377
I often fantasize about releasing two FIM related movies at once.
One will be a fun cutesy version for the little girls which at first will look like G3.
The second one will look like the G4 everyone will know and love and will inexplicably place an 18+ rating on it. Every horsefucker will think I'm playing it as a joke for the fandumb that "ponies are for grown men".
>>
>>28881921
You can't voice act worth a shit, you can't even use punctuation.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.