[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Across the Ocean (CYOA)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 26

File: AtO header I dunno anymore.png (220KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
AtO header I dunno anymore.png
220KB, 700x700px
It’s been a while!
Across the Ocean is a story about a few foals stranded far from home on a raft. Their raft is now a boat, but the goal remains the same: get home!
Our story is seen through the viewpoint of Dawn, the captain of the boat The Horizon. This is the tale of a filly’s quest to find a way home, and the adventures that await along the way. Accompanying her are her friends and crewmates: Bodi, a pensive and loyal pegasus, Astern, a highly rambunctious colt, and Basil Stem, a reclusive unicorn shaman of sorts. What adventures await in the uncharted waters ahead?

Last time, on AtO (Which was a while ago): http://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/27372434
*The group found a frigid snowy island and landed before getting stuck.
*They met a group of nomadic – and overfriendly – Alpacas
*Dawn learned how to shoot sparkle magic from the tribe leader.

The adventure continues below!
83KB, 400x400px
“Do it again! Do it again!” Astern couldn’t help but become mesmerized as Dawn repeated for the umpteenth time what the wise old lady Vedbend had showed her.
“Aaand… Poof!” You giggle as you send another spark into the air. The five of you – yourself, your crew and the bubbly alpaca Medi – plod along the snow away from the cave where you learned how to do your first magical trick.
“I still can’t believe earth ponies can perform such things…” Basil shakes hie head in disbelief. “After all the research I’ve done on the subject suggesting the contrary...”
Bodi chimes in with a retort to Basil. “Looks like you didn’t have to go through that chaos stuff afterall, man.”
“Pff…”
The snow here is perfect for packing. You’re sure that Medi and the other alpacs have something planned for you when you get back to the main village, but you sorta want to explore or play. What do you do?
>>
>>28845332
Snowponies and building a snowfort until we get too cold.
>>
>>28845332
make a largish pile of snow, run towards it and then jump onto it.
>>
>>28845404
>>28845415
Agreed make a snoponeangelfort
>>
File: snowponyfort.png (126KB, 392x352px) Image search: [Google]
snowponyfort.png
126KB, 392x352px
>>28845404
>>28845415
>>28845467

“Hey… hey Dawni?”
“Yeah Poof?”
“I wanna build a snowpony! Do you wanna build a snopony?”
“Not really...” Basil mumbles.
“Sure, Poof,” you reply. Turning to Basil, you reply to his comment “It doesn’t have to be a snowpony. It can be a fort instead.”
“I… I guess.”
You hum a tune as you and Astern make snowponies together! It’s a lot of fun. Well it’s fun until Bodi takes the head off of one and tosses it at you. Now it’s war!

“Poof! Battle stations!”
“Yess Capn’!”
You and Astern hastily build a small fort to defend yourself against Basil and Bodi.
Looks like war! Quick, it’s time to come up with a plan!
Though, you have little time to react as Basil flops onto your fort. When the powder clears, the three of you are laying in a heap of snow, giggling at your antics. Eventually you settle for building lumps of snow and throwing yourselves at them.
The fun lasts a while, but you're starting to feel chilly. Medi watches from the sideline with a small grin.
What's your next move, captain?
>>
>>28845633
Does the village have cocoa? Nevermind, we should go there anyways.
>>
>>28845633
Let's get out of here and try to find a warm place for ourselves.
>>
>>28845633
Let's go to the village before getting too cold.
>>
File: cocco.png (91KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
cocco.png
91KB, 400x400px
>>28845666
>>28845689
>>28845770

You’ve all had fun, but you think it’s time to get going back to the village. You’re cold, and you’d hate to get one of your crewmates sick.
Back at the main lodge, one of the alpaca ladies have bowls of soup waiting. That’s a nice surprise! Not quite cocoa, but soup is nice for cold poners.
“Mmm, exactly what we needed after all the cold,” Basil mentions, sipping from his bowl.
“So… Ponies!” Medi plops down near you and gesticulates as she speaks. “My clan is warnting to hurst a parti teonight. Are yeo warnting to join? It has been a long takt -uh, long time, since we have had gæsts.”

You think she’s inviting you guys to a party tonight. That sounds like fun! Though you wonder what would be involved. To your side you see Astern is falling asleep. Basil is moving his eyes and making faint clicking sounds with his mouth like he’s in thought, and Bodi looks at you to see what you say to Medi.

Last one for the night, guys. I should be able to start earlier tomorrow since I had to make the header image today. Anyway, till then!
>>
>>28845928
Thanks Mintster.
>>
how many times in your life have you ever seen an alpaca party? Never that's when. i think we should take the opportunity to see what they do different and we can show them a few party games ourselves like pinning the tail on the pony or something.
or playing blind hide and seek which is just standing a room blindfolded and trying to find the person just standing there.
>>
>>28845928
>>28846071
You can't argue with that logic. Let's party.
>>
>>28845928

Sounds perfect. We should rest up until then. Unless we can do anything to help set up?
>>
We can tell pony tales around the fire.
>>
Have a good night and sleep tight bump.
>>
>>28845332
>mud horses casting spells
That is extra heretical but also extra cute.
>>
I'm glad astern isn't a deer anymore.
>>
We gotta tuck astern in. Poor sleepy little guy.
>>
Bump it up.
>>
>>28848304
>>
I hope the next place we visit is as nice as this one.
>>
>>28848866
>>28849066
Double doubles sixes bump
>>
We're going to become the strongest captain.
>>
Let's see how far our little pony legs can continue to carry us.
>>
>>28851111
I'm normally not a dubs anon, but maybe pointing out those quads will help us scoot our little legs farther.
>>
File: heretaketheseandlearnyounewb.png (112KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
heretaketheseandlearnyounewb.png
112KB, 400x400px
>>28846071
>>28846081
>>28846212
>>28847076
>>28847448

You nod in acceptance, taking Medi up on her offer.
“Yea! It will be a great parti! Oh, this is so exciting!”i

Medi giggles in glee, getting up and bounding away. You take the opportunity to tuck Astern in, despite not having any bedsheets to actually tuck him with.
“Gnight, sleepy poof.” You kiss the sleeping colt’s forehead.
A party! How often do you get to see an alpaca party?
Never. That's how often. This is gonna be fun! You leave your crew to their soup and try to locate Medi.
“Anything I can do to help?”
Medi nods enthusiastically, barely giving you time to react as she plops several items into your hooves.
“Yea! Take these! And this! Can you play? I didn’t knoe if ye could play, but yeo can practice!”
You don’t even know what half this stuff is. There’s a bowl of some half-liquid food, a flute thing, and other stuff you can’t identify. What do you do?
>>
>>28851361
Ask where you're supposed to put these and then put them there. Afterwards try playing that flute.
>>
>>28851361
Ask her what to do with all that crazy stuff. Admit we might not have thought this helping thing through. Still, we should try to do what we can, and deffinately try that cool flute out.
>>
File: giveitupgirl.png (81KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
giveitupgirl.png
81KB, 400x400px
>>28851386
>>28851698

((So sorry for being slow tonight.))

“Um, uu...” You admit to Medi that you’re really not sure what to do with all this junk.
“Easy! Yeo mix the resalamande, but if yeo donot want yeo donot have to.”
Medi takes the bowl from you and sets it up on a table.
You take the flute and try a few notes. It’s a lot harder to play than you thought! All you manage are some squeaky, shrill notes – if you can even call them notes that is. It’s the kind of sound your mom would say “you’re doing good!” While at the same time putting in earplugs.
“So, there are a few others that need yeo before the parti tonight. Alika wants yeo to put yeo in a nice, how do you say it… d...raiment?”
“You mean a dress or something?”
“Yes! Sorry, It has been soo much time since I speak to a ponie, or anything else out here. My Equuish is not so good.”
“It’s fine” you say with a reassuring smile.
“Oh! If yeo donot want to see Alika now, then yeo could help me, or yeo could go see if Allydia needs yeo. She is with the food.”

You could help any of these alpacas if you wish. Of course you could go roam the building or play with your crew or something too if you wanted. Your move, Captain.

Well, sorry for a two post night, but I think this is all I can do tonight. Till next time!
>>
We can help Allydia if she gives us scraps of food.
>>
>>28852014
thanks mint flavoured QM
>>
>>28852014
I'd normally take any excuse to dress a poner up in a silly outfit, but I'm not sure if it's out of chatecter for us to pick the dress

Also bump
>>
time to go to bed bump
>>
>>28853392
time to wake up bump
>>
bump bump
>>
let's hope that this is easier
>>
I wonder why they want us to wear something. is this one of them formal dealies?
>>
File: Alika and her clothes.png (575KB, 2450x1928px) Image search: [Google]
Alika and her clothes.png
575KB, 2450x1928px
(Running from my phone this week, so posts will be slower.))
>>28852305
>>28853086
>>28856124

You think about helping with food, but you decide on going to Alika to get the clothes thing done.
"ooh! Haloo, ponie! So yeo Are here for da rænment? I dont know if ponies wear theese fir partis, soo holla if yeo want to wear another."
>>
>>28856682
It depends on the party but ponies usually don't wear anything but that fur cap and the weird hat hanging off the tree on the left does interest me.
>>
>>28856682
Oh boy dress up! Get that hat and scarf to the left.
>>
((the next update is gonna be about an hour late. I have to take care of some stuff before I can get working on the update again))
>>
damn this is a long wait
>>
File: trythehat.png (543KB, 2450x2450px) Image search: [Google]
trythehat.png
543KB, 2450x2450px
>>28857789
((so sorry, anon. I was out longer than I expected and my phone has been fighting me all evening))

>>28856698
>>28856736

"Well, we usually don't wear anything."
"Not even at a parti?"
You shrug. "I dunno. I've not been to many parties yet."
"Well try something on!" Alika shoves the clothes from the far left into your hooves, so you're not sure why she made it seem like she was asking you.
"Like?"
Do you like your garb, or do you want to try something else on? You might be able to talk with her into making something else if you wanted to see something new.
>>
((well, I think I killed tonight's session. Guess we'll pick this back up tomorrow. Till then!))
>>
>>28858134
Aww but I just got here.
>>28857905
Tell her to dress us up in the most appropriate parti atire
>>
We sure do look a little silly with that hat on.
>>
>>28858979
sillier!
>>
time for the morning bump
>>
>>28859776
sun rises
>>
Let's get out of page 10.
>>
Our friends are going to be so jealous that we get to wear such fun outfits and they don't.
>>
Just a heads up for tonight's session: I'm out of ny house for an event, and I'm not sure what time I'll be getting home. I don't wanna estimate cuz I got it really wrong yesterday and I don't wanna do that to you guys again.
I'll still run tonight, but it'll be a bit later than normal cuz I'm estimating that it'll be about 3-4 hours before I run.
>>
>>28863199
Thanks for the notice. That's a quality QM we got here.
>>
>>28863199
I will be waiting.
>>
Looks like the board is picking up in speed
>>
Any minute now.
>>
File: parti1.png (408KB, 2450x2450px) Image search: [Google]
parti1.png
408KB, 2450x2450px
Blegh. Sorry that took so long.
>>28858364
>>28863168

You remove your garb and address Alika.
"Well, what's the most fitting thing to wear for a party?"

"Hmm... For yeo ponies? Ah! I'll see!" Alika disappears with a bound, rematerializing next to you with a pair of tights, a dress thing, and... A hairpin and band.
One dressup later, and Alika beams at you. "Yeo good?"
>>
>>28865343
Damn, we look gangsta as shit. But yeah I like it.
>>
>>28865343

Looks great! Her Equuish is really good too. Does everyone around here speak it? Maybe she could teach us some words in their language.
>>
>>28865343
We good! Bring on the Parti!
>>
>>28865343
>>28865582
Wait no, we need a hat, that can come later though.
>>
File: readysketti.png (591KB, 2450x2450px) Image search: [Google]
readysketti.png
591KB, 2450x2450px
>>28865360
>>28865430
>>28865582
>>28865593
"I like this one." You smile and spin around in your new costume.
"Yeo like? Good! That's what yeo are gonna wear tonight!"
You wonder if everyone else in your group is gonna get the same treatment. You also realize a hat would go well with your outfit, but you'll address that later.
"So now yeo can leave if yeo wanna. I'll see yeo later tonight!"
"Thanks, Alika. Hey... You speak pretty good eqquish. Does everyone here speak it?"
"Ha! Thanks. I learn from musik I listen to every day! And no. Only me, Allydia, Medi and... Hmm, I cannot remember who else. We only ones who speak Eqquish."
"Could you teach me some words in your language?"
Alika laughs. "say 'huset'."
You repeat her word.
"good! You are in a huset. Now say 'nodvendig'".
You blink.
"ha! Sorry. More lessons later."
What do you do now?
prob the last one for tonight. Till then!
>>
>>28865676
Get the gang, prepare to Parti.
>>
Let's repeat the word "nodvendig over and over trying to say it correctly.
>>
time to go to bed bump
>>
>>28866447
Time to tell myself im going to get up early and enjoy the Sunday morning before falling back to sleep.
>>
>>28867186
>>
getting off of page 10. almost fell off the board.
>>
Let's show off our cool outfit. Then we wait for the party to begin and dance around or try some food at the table.maybe we can even sing something.
>>
let the good times roll bump
>>
jumping to the top.
>>
File: partitime.png (535KB, 2450x2450px) Image search: [Google]
partitime.png
535KB, 2450x2450px
>>28865724
>>28866168
>>28869240

"nodve... Node...nood.." you try, but you think you'll wind up having to ask Alika again how it went.
You head back to the others, wanting to show off your outfit. Turns out they've been dressed up too!
"hey, cool look" Bodi says with a nod. You compliment his sweater, and ask what's up.
"I dunno, man. They said something about food and music, but I'm not sure which one's supposed to come first. " You're cut off from further thought when an older alpaca male announces something in another language.
"the parti is soon to begin!" Alika shouts. "we feast, we dance, and lots musick!"
You see a few alpacas ogling you and your crew from a distance. It feels weird to be the centre of attention.
Looks like there's an appetizer for you while the main course is being set up. Do you dance first? Eat? Dance, eat and sing all at once? Careful if you try that last one.
>>
>>28871230
Let's dance for awhile and then we concentrate on eating when the main course is served.
>>
File: danceifyouwant to.png (430KB, 2450x2450px) Image search: [Google]
danceifyouwant to.png
430KB, 2450x2450px
>>28871262
Astern wastes no time in stuffing his face. Whatever. You feel like dancing!
A few alpacas with makeshift tambourines, bells, drums and violins strike up a jig you've never heard before.
It's fun listening to this! You dance to the music for a song.
You notice Bodi is smiling at you and bobbing his head. Astern is still guzzling food, and Basil is twiddling his hooves. He looks almost nervous for some reason.
>>
>>28871499
invite your friends to join you on the dance floor. if they don't want to though that's fine. (but they're no friends of mine)
>>
((blegh. Sorry, but I think I'm too tired to continue. Gonna pick up tomorrow hopefully.
Till then!))
>>
>>28871499
>>28871569
This, because we're all dressed real neat, and we don't want them to seem rude and totally removed.
Dansez!
>>
Time for bed again
>>
File: loser alert.png (535KB, 2450x2450px) Image search: [Google]
loser alert.png
535KB, 2450x2450px
>>28871230

Blush detected. Ask him to dance.
>>
>>28872503
And just leave your friends behind?
>>
>>28872377
Wow, i slepy way to late today bump
>>
i bet you everyone thinks we're the coolest right now.
>>
>>28872503
This this thisity this. Ask him to dance with us. We need him to come out of his shell!
>>
>>28872852

They can dance with each other. It's not like all four of us can dance together at the same time. ..Can we?
>>
File: CANTBRAINSHESTALKINGTOME.png (907KB, 2450x2450px) Image search: [Google]
CANTBRAINSHESTALKINGTOME.png
907KB, 2450x2450px
>>28871569
>>28872112
>>28872503
>>28875125
>>28877147

It's dancing time! Time to dance with your friends. You see that some of the alpacas actually took off with Bodi while you were engrossed in that last song. He looks like he's having a good time!
Astern's nowhere to be found. Probably off eating in the kitchen.
That leaves Basil, who still looks nervous.
---
Oh dear. You wonder if you said something wrong.
>>
>>28877262

I think he's trying to say that he would love to dance but doesn't know how. That makes sense because there were no fillies to dance with on his island. We'd better show him how.
>>
>>28877262
I have no idea what that means so I'm just going to take it as a yes. Get over here!
>>
>>28877262
We'll teach you, you pretty much just rear up and scoot your hooves around in the air, it's not hard

Abscond with the colt and deposit him on the dance floor before he has a chance to stammer in objection.
>>
>>28877262
Come on, Basil! It's easy! Take him by the hooves and pull him into our groove.
>>
File: dancinwithfrieeends.png (734KB, 2450x2450px) Image search: [Google]
dancinwithfrieeends.png
734KB, 2450x2450px
>>28877276
>>28877310
>>28877321
>>28877335

You have no idea what this silly poner is going on about, but it sounds like a yes to you!
"Uuugh... W-why canno-"
"It's dance time, Basil! I wanna see you move!"
You abscond with the colt before he can protest further, dragging him onto the dance floor.
"See? It's not that bad. You just stand up and scooch your hooves in the air!"
"Bwuh... I-i... And you..."
Seems Basil is still not used to dancing. Or maybe he's just not used to dancing with a partner? Either way, he seems more nervous now, and you think he might be sweating. Then again you are too. From dancing! What do you do now?

[spoiler[((last one for the night fellas. Till tomorrow!))[/spoiler]
>>
Tell Basil he's doing great so far to maybe making him less nervous.
>>
>>28877697
Reasure him, tell him he's not dancing like a nerd at all.
>>
>>28877935

This, it's sure to boost his confidence.
>>
I had a bad so i woke up and bumped
>>
>>28878862
Interupted sleep bump
>>
>>28879098
Im going back to bed bump
>>
>>28879483
okay im up bump
>>
>>28865676
She have a key on her head? Interesting culture, we need an Alpacapologist to explain the significance of that.
>>
That astern better not be causing any mischief.
>>
>>28877697
C'mon Basil, don't be so nervous. Dancing is fun!
>>
Pretty soon he's going to learn to love to dance.
>>
After this we should try to look for something as a souvenir to remember our time here on this island. Maybe a blanket if they can spare. or a rock!
>>
Bleegh, I'm so sorry guys. I got preoccupied with something else and never wound up working on an update.
So sorry. Guess we'll shoot for tomorrow sometime. Till then.
>>
>>28884468
It's okay, we still love you
>>
File: Basil meet Basil.png (294KB, 1400x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Basil meet Basil.png
294KB, 1400x1100px
>>
>>28884468
I knew you forgot what the word" tomorrow" meant! but it's fine because you provide such good horse entertainment.
>>
>>28885043
They meant
>tomorrow
>>
have a good night
>>
Cute poners.
>>
>>28845271
>>
>>28887289
I just woke up from a nap bump
>>
>>28887940
bump bump
>>
this is party central! if we were doing a solo routine would could end it with having sparks shoot out of our hooves.
>>
>>28889310
Sound potentially dangerous, we might set the roof on fire, we don't want to burn the house down and cause a panic at this disco.
>>
>>28889355
a lot of these places are stone structures though and our sparks don't shoot like 20 feet in the air and we're also dancing with a partner. I said if we were dancing alone we would do it.
>>
>>28877697
So did you mean for Basil to look like Kylo Ren or what?
>>
let's hope there's an update soon.
>>
File: faf.png (556KB, 2450x2450px) Image search: [Google]
faf.png
556KB, 2450x2450px
>>28877907
>>28877935
>>28884382

"You're doing great, Basil!" You reassure your nervous friend as he tentatively dances on his own. He's awkward on his hooves, and bumbles a bit, but it's endearing.
"h.. ha! Is this how ponies normally dance?"
You're sure it's not, but you nod and smile to calm Basil down.
Meanwhile, you keep your eyes out for the others from your crew. You spot Bodi with the alpacas, and they're still fawning over him for some reason.
Astern is... Well, how you manage to spot him speaks wonders due to the distractions here, but you somehow manage to see him slip into a side room and away from the commotion surrounding you. What do you do?
>>
>>28890769
better make sure poof stays out of trouble. tell basil you'll be right back. you want to make sure astern is behaving himself.
>>
>>28890769

He'll probably be fine. Probably
>>
>>28890769
We finally got Basil to dance let's not bail on him now. Dance a bit longer before going to find where Astern went off to.
>>
>>28890769
Aw, look at him go, tell him to keep it up.

Say that we have to go freshen up but that we'll be right back. Get an alpaca to take our place in the meantime while we investigate the Astern situation.
>>
>>28890817
>>28890979
>>28891042
>>28891081

Astern's probably fine. Probably. You keep up the encouragement for basil for a few more seconds, but there's something nagging the back of your mind.
"hey basil? I need to go freshen up. Are you okay for a moment?"
Basil nods. "oh... Yeah, I understand, fair Dawn. Take what time you need."
"cool!" You find an alpaca to take your spot as you sneak over to a door where you saw Astern leave. Slipping past, you see a somewhat dark spiral staircase leading up. You take a few steps inside, and you think you hear something from above.
Glancing back, you see basil looking more awkward again, and he stops dancing to shake his head.
You have a glum friend behind you, but a possible awol friend above. What do you do?
last for the night. Mobile makes this slower, so sorry bout that. Till tomorrow hopefully!
>>
File: huh.png (720KB, 2450x2450px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
720KB, 2450x2450px
>>28891140
The picture for above cuz mobile wouldn't let me upload anything in the update.
>>
>>28891145
Oh nice, spooky stuff.

That's a tough choice but one friend might be in danger of more than social trauma. We better go up those stairs.
>>
>>28891145

Quickly run and get Bodi to dance with Basil then follow Astern
>>
I wanna say he's fine and that he won't get himself in trouble. He's just going to look at a nice view. I think if we just yell up at him he'll hear us and we ask him what he's doing.
>>
>>28891938
What if we startle him, you can't just startle ponies anon.
>>
Arthritis adds down there, way to know your audiance there bumb.
>>
>>28892151
unless he thinks we're someone else I think the worst that could happen is astern would get mildly miffed that we're asking what he's doing. I more expect him to excitedly tell us he's exploring.
>>
ahhhhh ahhhhhhhhh page 10
>>
>>28893484
Page 8 is also not good.
>>
board is moving some what quickly today isn't it.
>>
We're so courageous and brave!
>>
>>28895186
And cool too, don't forget cool
>>
>>28895757
Don't forget cute either
>>
Might as well bump
>>
((You guys are awesome for putting up so nicely with my crappy schedule so far.
That being said... With overtime and other stuff I had to do today, I ran out of energy hard. Gonna haveta postpone the next update till tomorrow.

However! I'm not sure if you guys voted to check the stairs, or go back to Basil. If you can reach an agreement before tomorrow's session then that would be super-rad.
Once again, thank you so much for bearing with me. You guys are the best!))
>>
>>28897055
I vote, check em. The stairs too.
>>
>>28897055
I was going to vote to just leave astern to his own devices but I guess we better make sure he doesn't hurt himself. we need to put him on a leash or something.
>>
it's always fun to hop up the stairs isn't it? pretending to be a super hero.
>>
let's hope tonight's the night.
>>
>>28899019
Hope bump
>>
get away from page 10 little filly.
>>
It's been a long time since we've seen our boat. I wonder how it's faring.
>>
going up the board.
>>
I suppose it was not meant to be. oh well.
>>
have a good night.
>>
finding astern bump
>>
bomb bomb.
>>
last bump from me.
>>
File: upstairs.png (175KB, 2450x2450px) Image search: [Google]
upstairs.png
175KB, 2450x2450px
>>28891938
>>28892677
>>28897985

((Y'all are great for waiting this long.))

As much as Basil looks like he needs your help, you get the feeling that Astern would need your help more should something be bad.
Taking a deep breath, you press upwards.
"A...Astern?" You call out quietly, breath leaving small clouds in the cold air. It's still up here. This place kinda creeps you our a little.
The room you're in extends to the left, but also wraps around behind the pillar where you can't see. Astern could be anywhere. What do you do?
>>
>>28908336
Make sure you stick to the walls while calling out for astern and tell him to come to your voice.
>>
>>28908336
Call out for him.
>>
File: ast.png (208KB, 2450x2231px) Image search: [Google]
ast.png
208KB, 2450x2231px
>>28908357
>>28908428

As much as Basil looks like he needs your help, you get the feeling that Astern would need your help more should something be bad.
Taking a deep breath, you press upwards.
"A...Astern?" You call out quietly, breath leaving small clouds in the cold air. It's still up here. This place kinda creeps you our a little.
The room you're in extends to the left, but also wraps around behind the pillar where you can't see. What do you do?
"A-astern? ...Poof?"
You stick to the walls as you inch around the room.
Well, you can't actually STICK to the walls, because you're not a spider pony. You're sure Basil could make you a potion for that if you wanted, though.
No, you figuratively stick to the walls as you call out for Astern.

No answer. You explore the room further, taking note of all the storage containers in here. There's not many at the stairway, but most of them seem to be stacked near where a weird blue light is eminating.
There's a pause, when you hear, well you're not sure if the quiet is making you hear things or not.
What do you do?
>>
>>28908630
Approach the light and definitely don't be scared at all. Nope. Not one bit.
>>
>>28908630
try to get closer to the sound.
>>
when i find astern he's getting a long time out for going to places he's not supposed to.
>>
File: wassit.png (370KB, 2450x2450px) Image search: [Google]
wassit.png
370KB, 2450x2450px
>>28908654
>>28908664
>>28908690

You approach the light slowly, trying to get closer to the sound, if there even is one. You're definitely not scared. Nope, not one bit.
When you find Astern... Why, you're gonna put him in a loooong time-out for going places he's not supposed to be going.
"Poof, are yo-"
You round a box and nearly scream.
"A-astern! Don't you scare me like that!"
"Srryy Drny..."
"Poof, don't run off like that!"

"Lrrky whrt rr frrnd!"
>>
>>28908866
What do you think this is? Astern! You shouldn't be snooping around by yourself!

I say we go back and ask them about it.
>>
>>28908866
didn't anypony tell you not to go poking around in others belongings? also what is that? and yeah it looks neat. wonder why they're just keeping it up here. anyway it would be best not ot mess with it. let's go back to the party.
>>
>>28908866

Wow, it's fucking nothing.

I mean, uh, wow, that's...neat. Let's go back to the party and ask some of the alpaca about it.
>>
>>28908898
>>28908899
>>28909336

"Poof!"" You scold Astern, taking the cloth from his grasp and putting it back over the stone thing."didn't anypony tell you not to go poking around in others belongings?"
"But it wass glowin!" Astern pouts, stomping a hoof in protest. "I hads to check it out!"
"Why were you even up here?"
Astern pauses. "Um... cuz there was a door open..."
"Ugh... Poof, no. But... What was that?"
"Its a glowyrock! Like them ones at the other place!"
True, it did kinda look like other things you've seen before. Still. Might be better to ask about it.
"Whatever. Let's go back to the party, Poof."
"Bu-"
"No buts. You're in trouble, mister."
You take Astern down to the main room and make plans to ask one of the alpacas about what you saw, only to be greeted by something odd.
"D-dawn! Help!"
What do you do?

Last one for the night, fellas. Till then!
>>
have a good night bump
>>
let's ask what's going on and how this happened.
>>
morning bump from 8
>>
>>28909356
Bodi! How come you get into fights whenever I'm gone!?
>>
I'm confident he can win!
>>
>>28909356

What seems to be the problem here?
>>
leaving nine in the dust.
>>
mint is probably dead again.
>>
Sorry about the delay tonight: I've had bad vehicle problems. Truck died and I've spent the last four hours trying (and failing) to repair it.
That being said, I'll still run tonight, but I'm only gonna be able to do like one update tonight.
Update's coming, so bear with me for a bit.
>>
File: womp.png (499KB, 2221x1673px) Image search: [Google]
womp.png
499KB, 2221x1673px
>>28910786
>>28913191
>>28914028
>>28914233

You... what? You want to ask how this happened, but you end up berating Bodi instead.
"Bodi! How come you get into fights whenever I'm gone!?"

"I.. Huh?" Bodi pauses to look at you, lowing his guard to point a hoof at the alpaca across from him. " She says she wants to, like, ma-"
Bodi is cut off from any further comment when a long pillow slaps across his face.
"Imma mary!"
The mare beams a buck-toothed smile, pigtails bobbing slightly as she swaggers, spinning her pillow around in circles.
Oh, so her name is Ma-
"Dawn, I don't know what to do..."
Basil interjects softly, appearing by your side and speaking in just over a whisper. "These alpacas are either insane or inebriated. They are of the mindset that they can somehow pawn myself and Bodi off for marriage through some bizarre series of pillow fights."
He sighs somewhat dejectedly. "Dearest Dawn... I am unsure what to do. I.. I-i need your guidance."
What do you do?

Only one for the evening. Once again, sorry for the short session, but I wasn't expecting how the evening would play out. Till then!
>>
>>28916046
This is cute as fudge. Willing to share Bodi, but only if she wins a round of pillow fighting.
>>
>>28916046
Must be part of their culture, just explain that we have absolutely no clue what's going on.
>>
>>28916046

Oh yeah? Well, we saw Basil and Bodi first and if those alpacas want to marry them they'll have to fight us for them as well!

>cue massive pony vs alpaca fight which leaves both populations decimated and after years of pointless warfare
>>
i think the first thing we should do is try to call off the match without forfeiting and giving them a perceived victory. Secondly we must cheer bodi on and tell him to hit back with his pillow.
lastly if he loses and they refuse to budge on not just being able to leave then we challenge them for bodi's freedom.
>>
bump away from nine.
>>
>>28916887
I have a feeling winning would actually be loosing in our situation...

Anyways, we need grab that alpaca that speak good and ask her to explain exactly what is happening and fast. I'd say call for a time out, but who knows what might actually happen then.

Man, we really do need an alpacapologist.
>>
bumping to 1
>>
>>28917973
Maybe we need to prove ourselves as the alpha mare?
>>
found you on page 10. That's not good.
>>
a good captain takes care of their crew when they're in trouble. that's what make them the captain.
>>
>>28920284
and doesn't desert?
>>
File: edda reddeh.png (66KB, 400x342px) Image search: [Google]
edda reddeh.png
66KB, 400x342px
>>28916217
>>28916247
>>28916526
>>28916887
>>28917973
>>28918672

You try to explain that you have no clue what is going on, but… you have no clue what is going on. You need to grab that alpaca that speak good and ask her to explain exactly what is happening and fast. But alpaca that speak good no there! No there you see anyway…

Ahem… Anyway you try to call a time-out, but the mare ain’t having it.
“No! We fight now for seeing alf! Donstop.”
Bodi recoils, ducking just in time to avoid another pillow blow.
Maybe… Maybe you need to step in to prove that YOU’re the alpha mare?
That might not go so well however. You don’t have much time to think, as your mouth starts moving before your brain can tell it to stop.
“Oh yeah? Well, I saw Basil and Bodi first, and if you alpacas want to marry them you'll have to fight me for them as well!”

The mare’s rebuttal to your claim is a pillow swipe to your head.
“I not marry you, I mary him!”
Looks like she ain't going out peacefully.
>>
>>28921676
I don't know... she's actually pretty darn cute, maybe we shouldn't intervene....

This is really confusing, have we thought about just shouting run?
>>
>>28921676
bodi, just keep dodging her and she'll tire herself out.
>>
>>28921676
Since we can't make any sense of the situation and we can't reason with her, I say we just muddy the water. Grab a pillow and join in.
>>
>>28921676
Bodi, you're just going to have to beat her! Use your wings!
>>
File: thefite.png (83KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
thefite.png
83KB, 400x400px
>>28921731
>>28921793
>>28921798
>>28921987

This is confusing. Can't you just shout run?
"Bodi, Run!"
"Yah!" Bodi huffs, sprinting in circles as the mare chases him.
Shoot. That's not working.
"Uh, just keep dodging her! She'll have to tire herself out eventually, right?"
Bodi does his best to dodge while you tiptoe dance in place. This doesn't make sense!
"IT'S NOT WORKING"
The alpaca seems tireless, bopping Bodi every time he's almost free of her reach.
"Uh...Use your wings! You're gonna have to beat her!"
Bodi pants, fruffing his wings to assault, when the alpaca pounces, tackling him to the ground in a heap of fluff.
"Ha! You my now!"
>>
>>28922148
THAT IS IT! Time to tackle this unruly mare!
>>
>>28922148
Nooo. Not muh bodi. I have no idea what to do other then to pull on bodi.
>>
>>28922148
Whelp, she won him fair and square. That's that.

He could always say he was already married, but that would be cheating.

Might as well go through with whatever ceremony comes next.
>>
>>28922148

Uh-oh. She's not gonna do...naughty things to him now, is she?
>>
>>28922148
Well.... obviously he's unfit for mariage if he couldn't even fight back, no need to worry?
>>
File: noo.png (67KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
noo.png
67KB, 400x400px
>>28922176
>>28922196
>>28922200
>>28922310

Noo, not Bodi! You gotta stop this! You rush over, but the only thing you can think to do is tug on Bodi and try to free him.
Meanwile, other alpacas are cheering for the mare, gathering around and giggling.
That is it! Time to tackle this unruly mare! You take a few steps back,and charge! Diving headlong, you... crash into another alpaca's leg that just stepped in front of you. Drat.
You blink sitting up on your rear. Did... she win? Is Bodi now married - wait, what if she does naughty things to him! The thought of Bodi getting kisses all over from an alpaca makes you feel funny. funny in a bad, angry way.
But you don't know what to do other than go with whatever ceremony comes next. Maybe you could escape before anything became official?
You grow despondent as you stew, mood broken by Alika's voice.
"Ooh, a veddin?"

Last one for the night fellas. Till then!
>>
>>28922467
oh shit, she's too cute to disappoint. Look how happy she is

Umm...Alika...WHAT IS HAPPEN!?
>>
>>28922467

We don't know, you tell us please.
>>
>>28922467
Vedding!? He's too young to Ved!
>>
>>28922467
help! my friend was beaten in a pillow fight and now he has to get married. what should I do?
>>
>>28922467
Sure that looks comfy for Bodil, but just imagine how itchy he would get.
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.