[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is mlp losing popularity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

File: 19567864.gif (448KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
19567864.gif
448KB, 500x275px
Why is mlp losing popularity?
>>
>>28824588
Cause now we aren't getting free advertising from Fox News.
>>
File: 1433464949215.jpg (47KB, 500x515px) Image search: [Google]
1433464949215.jpg
47KB, 500x515px
>>28824642
Major kek
>>
>>28824658
On a serious note why though? Is it cuz of the writing? The stories the archs?
>>
>>28824588
Because the show's getting old.
But hasbro, being the jews they are, are going to milk it until only a few people remain.
I doubt that the next generation will even appeal to us.
>>
>>28824588
Because we are afraid to share our passion, we shame our self for liking cute stuff in a pathetic effort to fit with others. We don't celebrate our joy and fandom, we try to snuff out the flame, afraid of confrontation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p50G5xyZ4s
>>
>>28824588
All the bandwagoners left. That's why.
>>
File: neat brownies are a problem.png (136KB, 1787x917px) Image search: [Google]
neat brownies are a problem.png
136KB, 1787x917px
>>28824588
Stories have been fine, but they've gone down in quality slightly as the older writers get transferred to other projects. Combine that with the novelty of being a show that was meant for little girls being actually good and appealing to everyone wearing off, and the show feeling pretty much like a shell of what it once was with no real direction.

Making Twilight a princess so soon was a mistake due to how much it restricted any more character growth. The writers rarely know how to write Pinkie Pie other than random. AJ has faded into the background and is becoming the next Fluttershy, who has all but disappeared. Dash doesn't learn her lessons, and Rarity is the only one of the bunch that achieved character development, but gets nerfed to fit the rest of the ensemble.

Hell, the CMC has had more development that Dash has had over the entire course of the show. The brony episode pissed everyone off and they knew that they were jumping the shark.

Combine that, plus the rise of useful idiots thinking the fandom is full of only pedo furries, and/or supports traditional female roles (I overheard the second from a painted haired whale who wouldn't let their child play the TCG at gencon.)

>>28824962
This, too. Most of the people who only liked the fandom and never watched the show or read the comics have left.
>>
>>28824962
this
>>
>>28824588
The novelty has simply worn off. Also >>28824962
Talented bandwagoners left the fandom.
>>
>>28824962
This. Some people jump from fandom to fandom as something gains popularity, then as the hype starts to wane, they're on to the next thing. MLP, Undertale, Zootopia, various CN shows, Five Nights at Freddie's, Overwatch, etc.
>>
>>28825332
>fandom casuals

Disgusting. Glad they left, now only the true neckbeards and horsefuckers remain
>>
i havent watched the show since 2013, should i get back into it?
>>
>>28824611
I remember this from when Twilicorn was revealed, it was the perfect gif to describe the state of the fandom
>>
>>28824588
The characters aren't cute or kind anymore. The fact that they were likable in the past makes the sudden absence of friendship and positivity unenjoyable to some people who saw more in this show than a fandom.
>>
>>28825531
It's not uncommon to see people calling season 5 the best, and I agree with them. The CMC were top-tier in seasons 4 and 5. Season 6 is trash.
>>
>>28824588
We are bugger than su and gravity falls, we are bigger than fnaf, smaller than undertale tho
>>
>>28826187
Undertale is deader than us though. Not even a year and all its hype died.
>>
File: 422054.gif (179KB, 450x447px) Image search: [Google]
422054.gif
179KB, 450x447px
>>28825090
>that image
Wasn't there a time when politicians were more concerned with policy voter blocs than the recreational interests of unemployed animation critics on forum websites made by autistic Jews?
>>
>>28826291
Yes, and that time was right fucking now

Seriously, how does anyone fall for that bullshit transcript? You can tell it's fake as fuck because it sounds exactly like what /r9k/ users think politicians would think about them (assuming politicians thought about them at all).
>>
>>28826219
So it should, it was a one off thing. We still get new episodes.
>>
>>28824588
Six years is a long lifespan for a meme.
>>
>>28824962
>>28825090
These

It happens to every fandom.
Its those like us that keep it alive just by discussing it and sharing art, maybe one day it will have a resurgence but I dont see that happening for another few years.

But one thing is for sure, I will always appreciate what it did for me, and I will probably be reading my favorite fanfics and looking at my favorite art till im on my deathbed.
>>
>>28826864
I think the movie coming out next year will cause a resurgence if it's good.
>>
>>28826918
I want it to be, but I'm really not optimistic about it.
>>
>>28826187
>smaller than Undertale
we're bigger than all 4 of those combined at this point because 2 of those were flavor of the month fandoms and 2 of those are just small ones that are even more cancerous than us
>>
>>28825332
B-but I like Overwatch and I'm still here
>>
>>28824588
Think about the amount of people who were in high school when the series was at the height of its popularity. By now those people have grown up and can't devote the time they used to or moved onto to other things altogether. Maybe that's not true for everyone but it probably is as much of a factor as everything else.
>>
>>28824588
I think it just fell into stabilization, what it would have been and will be without constantly being on the radar.
>>
>>28826813
Yes, and we've been stable in content creation for 2 years now, we are here to stay, and yes , we're gonna be like the sanic fandom
>>
>>28828448
>we're gonna be like the sanic fandom
But mlp is already the sanic fandom since a chunk of their autism spilled into fim
>tons of donut steel
>discussion is done to death that everyone just talks about their fetish
>still believing it would get better
>>
>>28824588
>i-is it over guise? w-what now? i don't wanna go back to being a n-n-normie
Shut up you trend chasing fad following bandwagoning faggot.
>>
It's reached its fandom saturation point and doesn't have enough content to keep some people hooked. >>28824962 Indeed, some IRL bronies I've come across are only known with the first 3 seasons then they let it slip. Also I can imagine having a channel wanting to do more than drawing ponies and reviewing episodes.
>>
>>28825804
I don't get the "characters are assholes now" meme. It's perfectly normal for good friends to be rude to each other sometimes, that makes the characters more realistic and relatable. They always were like that, having rewatched most of the old episodes for perspective I really haven't detected any discernible change in how they treat each other.
>>
File: 725-AllGoodThings[1].jpg (29KB, 581x477px) Image search: [Google]
725-AllGoodThings[1].jpg
29KB, 581x477px
>>28824588
six seasons man

it was a good run, but all good things....
>>
>>28824588
hmm
>>
File: images (18).jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (18).jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>28826864
Nothing ever dies until the last person forgets it. How long until the last server holding the episodes is shut down? How long until no one even knows the names of any character? How long until 'My Little Pony' is something people scratch their heads at? This is why we, as fans of the show must keep its memory alive, even after it itself dies. Because then, it never truly dies.
>>
>>28824785
This to a T
>>
File: 1473001475313.png (490KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1473001475313.png
490KB, 1300x1300px
>>28824588
I think people still enjoy the show, but there aren't that many new things to offer compared to what it used to be and the fandom has settled a bit on its tracks. Also, huge part was the show discussion that used to happen and that has faded quite a lot as more of the lore and setting of the show has been revealed to us.
>>
>>28829614
>FIM will be forgotten like the original series
>>
>>28829806
Was the original series ever really forgotten, though? Most people didn't think about it much since MLP hadn't been relevant for years until G4 started, but ask anyone that watched the original as a kid and they'd probably remember if prompted.
>>
I thin there will be a resurgance in fandom activity when the movie comes out next year. I mean, you can't ignore an event that big regardless of how long one has been removed from the show.
>>
File: degradation.jpg (451KB, 4040x626px) Image search: [Google]
degradation.jpg
451KB, 4040x626px
>>28829614
>This is why we, as fans of the show must keep its memory alive, even after it itself dies.
A very noble and autistic endeavor. Speaking entirely from an /mlp/ standpoint, the problem I foresee is that the best way to keep a memory alive is to share it with others. By this I mean we should be teaching newfags about our "culture" and making others aware of the show.

In doing so you end up diluting our original ideas as well as rekindling the hate that also spawned for our fandom.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.