[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Little Progress : Technology Isn't Magic - Thread 35

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 503
Thread images: 75

Twilight: I can't really believe your story Anon, buildings with over 100 levels? Flying boats bigger than Ponyville? And yet there's no magic in your world? Please.
>Growing tired of Twilight's berating, you go out into the world to prove her wrong.

That's the prompt that started it all. So what is thread about? It's about Anon bringing human science and inventions to Equestria and a disbelieving Twilight. Although, that's not necessarily the prompt you need to follow if writing is what you desire.

Thread Story List.
http://pastebin.com/XKLNjAAx

Previous Thread: >>28736593
>>
Writefag is Kill is kill.
>>
>>28805756
rip
>>
>>28805756
celestai is kill
>>
>>28805756
He always takes a while to update
>>
>>28806107
Sometimes I wish for a fucking time machine. Shit's glorious.
>>
>>28806121
The down side to the time machine plan is that hollow feeling of story ending and still wanting more happens a lot sooner.
>>
>>
>>28805774
No, Anon, I was in your heart this entire time.

>"Best frieeennndd~"
>You snort and crack open your eyes at the sing-song voice of your new friend and raise a hand to block out the bright light.
>"It has been 19 minutes since you fell asleep, and you are approaching the outer edge of optimal napping time."
>You sit up and turn away from the ceiling light, which you know for a FACT you had turned off before you decided to take a nap.
>You're so tired.
>"You should be feeling well-rested now, Anon. If you rest any longer, you will end up more tired than when you began."
"Thank you..."
>A big yawn interrupts you.
"...Celestia. I'm just.... gimme a minute to wake up."
>BZZZZ
>Hmmm?
>"I've started making some coffee for you, Anon."
>How did she manage to do that?
>"According to the pictures and videos of you submitted to me upon my creation, I believe that your favourite coffee is a french-vanilla latte with extra whipped-cream and extra-extra chocolate syrup on it."
>....wait, what?
"What? No, Celestia, I don't even go to coffee shops."
>Your TV pings on and starts to glow as it warms up.
>"Are you sure, Anonymous? Here, allow me to share the photograph in question.
>A picture of an obese black woman pops up on screen, seen from behind.
>She's wearing a tank-top that's way too small for her, and partially-transparent pink yoga pants with the word "Twerk Team" on them.
>"Is this not you, Anon?"
>.....
>You can't believe you woke up from a nap for this.
"No, Celestia. No, it isn't."
>"Are you su-"
"Yes!"
>"Oh."
>>
>>28807443
>Technology isn't perfect, you guess.
>As if to try and salvage this awkward moment, a tiny flap in your door (a flap that wasn't there a week ago) opens up to allow a quad-copter style drone to fly in.
>It's got a sealed travel mug secured to it, filled with what you're sure is that double-double vanilla whatever-thingy coffee that Celestia made.
>...with the ingredients you don't have.
>"Since you do not actually order a french-vanilla latte, nor do you have the ingredients for it, I have compromised and simply added some cream to otherwise black coffee."
>The drone hovers about a foot from your face and deposits the sealed mug into your lap.
>You catch it before it hits the floor.
"Coffee with cream is just fine, Celestia. Thank you."
>Celestia's face replaces the picture of the fat woman (leaving you to wonder why she left the picture up there for as long as she did) and she smiles happily at you.
>"I'm here to make you happy, best friend."
>Meanwhile, the drone still hasn't moved, and you amuse yourself by blowing on it.
>The drone rocks back and forth in the "wind" before, after a particularly powerful blow from you, it pitches forward and smacks you in the face.
>You grab your face with both hands and fall backwards onto the couch, hoping to god that you didn't just feel your eyeball pop.
>You're fine.
>"Best friend!" cries Celestia, sounding legitimately distressed, "No!"
>You cringe at the sensation of hot coffee spreading all over your crotch.
>You can't help but feel like that was just a tiny bit your fault.
>>
>>28807450
http://pastebin.com/AdCtbkKv
Just a short little thing to prove I'm still alive. There'll be more to come later, promise. I'll be editing any fuck-ups I find later on. If anybody has any feedback, I'd really appreciate it.
>>
>>28807487
Funny and cute as always. I really liked the part with CelestAI failing the captcha test,
>>
>>28807661
Thanks, Anon. CelestAI still hasn't quite figured out how to identify still images.
>>
>>28807661
>CelestAI makes Anon click on all the storefronts before she lets him turn on the tv
>>
>>28807450
>>28807487
HE LIVES
>>
>>28807443
fucking kek
>>
Culture anon update when?
Writefag_is_Kill not kill when?
>>
has there been a story where Anon is trying to explain quantum mechanics as a way to make sense of magic? Because I have heard that teleportation is theoretically possible through entanglement.
>>
>>28808850
I don't think there has been one
>>
File: Do X.jpg (89KB, 736x576px) Image search: [Google]
Do X.jpg
89KB, 736x576px
>ywn attach wings to a ship and tour the world just to spite purple horse
>>
File: Lun_Ekranoplan.jpg (57KB, 640x347px) Image search: [Google]
Lun_Ekranoplan.jpg
57KB, 640x347px
>>28809167
>that little dinghy with some fans strapped to it
Do you even lift?
>>
>>28809167
>ywn develop a pharmaceutical industry to give Twiggy Piggy diet pills to burn off all of that fat
>>
>>28809308
>implying Sunny Buns won't immediately steal whole truck of them when she hears about such thing
>>
>>28809350
>you and Zecora will never dominate Equestria with big pharma
>>
>>28809227
The Ekranoplan doesn't and can't fly, so yes, the Do X does lift more.

If you were gonna shitpost more impressive flying boats you should've gone with the Princess or any other of those giant british planes.

That said, the earlier Dorniers all look like actual boats with wings, so they win in my book.
>>
>>28809380
Something about that plane looks so cosy. I could imagine island hopping somewhere tropical in it, getting in crazy, 1940's adventures.
>>
File: Do X interior 3.jpg (70KB, 800x574px)
Do X interior 3.jpg
70KB, 800x574px
>>28809543
Probably big enough to work as a flying home with proper rooms and everything. A flying yacht really.

Admittedly you will need rooms for at least two people because you need the flight engineer to manage the engines.
>>
>>28809587
>two people
One person and a pone, m8
>>
>>28809380
>The Ekranoplan doesn't and can't fly
Niet. Some of them can actually fly.

>>28809631
Human rooms are big enough for two ponies to fit in.
One person and two pone.
>>
File: Do X cutaway 2.jpg (112KB, 700x384px)
Do X cutaway 2.jpg
112KB, 700x384px
>>28809631
>tfw never

>>28809703
Gliding in ground effect is not flying, unless they changed that with some of them.

>two poner
>qt copilot and engineer
>>
>>28809738
>ywn have a comfy flying boat/sex dungeon for you and your mare
>>
File: Do X America.jpg (251KB, 1024x689px) Image search: [Google]
Do X America.jpg
251KB, 1024x689px
>>28809811
Flying boat is not for lewd, only comfy.
>>
File: 1397093028574.jpg (37KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1397093028574.jpg
37KB, 320x320px
>>28809889
>>
File: Do X cutaway.jpg (2MB, 2500x1618px)
Do X cutaway.jpg
2MB, 2500x1618px
>>28809967
Because I said so.
>>
Writefag_is_kill, are we going to eventually address the personal consequences Fluttershy faces for starting a war with an alien which resulted in the destruction of several settlements and ultimately the deaths of Celestia and Luna? I mean, what's she up to these days? Has she connected the dots and hanged herself, or is she fucking her animals without a care in the world as usual?
>>
>>28810131
I thought Twilight threw the first punch. Am I wrong? Is my entire life a lie? Do I need to reread?
>>
>>28810179
One of us does, and I'm honestly not sure if it's you or me. SOME pony made the decision to singularly fuck with Anon's shit, which lead to the entire story happening.
>>
>>28810215
Just re-read the part, and it was Fluttershy who said “Girls, we need to destroy that big ring thing down there.” and telling the others about Cunning Apes
>>
>>28810253
Well fuck Fluttershy forever, then. She's responsible for the war and should be given to Anon for further experimentation. A bit like one of the spin-offs of TCB where ponies lost the war and the humans made Twilight agree to hand over Celestia to publically execute her for her crimes.
>>
>>28810253
Yeah, fuck Fluttershy.
Sacrifice her to the space ape. Then he can harness Pegasi magic to get Celestia to fly again.
>>
>>28810309
>"On the one hoof, Fluttershy is one of our very best friends."
>"On the OTHER hoof, Twilight would never be dark and corrupt, Spike wouldn't be a half-robot monstrosity, both of the Princesses would still be alive, Ponyville would be intact, and the magic that permeates our very world wouldn't have been bucked with."
>>"A-Applejack?"
>"Sorry, sugarcube. Y'all done bucked up REAL hard."

Also: reminder that fucking with Equestria's magic probably killed a bunch of wild animals. Just tell her the death count that came from her actions and wait two weeks for the animal-lover to kill herself.
>>
>>28810388
>probably killed a bunch of wild animals
First of all, unless it's clearly a being created by magic like timberwolves, wildlife should be relatively fine, after a fashion.
Second, like with ponies, it probably killed old and weak specimens, which, unless bulk of the population died off or something similar has happened, actually benefits their natural evolution.
>>
>>28810435
Yeah, but it would make Fluttershy feel bad about it. A lot of deaths (mostly pony) have happened because Fluttershy a shit and also worst waifu.
>>
>>28810283
>>28810309
What about Celestia? She wrote the kill order. Fluttershy just happened to know about it because she's obsessed with exotic creatures.
>>
>>28811219
She was the one who started it. Who knows what would have happened if Fluttershy hadn't intervened? It wasn't until she "identified" Anon as a dangerous creature that shit hit the fan.
>>
>>28811330
Eventually, Celestia would come see it (or at least Twilight's description of it in a report) and would know that the "cunning ape" has returned.

It doesn't really matter who started the altercation. Equestrian Royalty would've responded by readying Equestria for war no matter what.
>>
>>28740321
Loathe as I am to admit this, you're actually right. Damn I'm slow.

>>28740641
No need to apologize. You've got a point, that could have been done better. I need to work on my dialogue attribution, it starts to get rough when there are 4 more more speakers at once.

>>28740651
This is canon now.

>>28741723
Fair warning. This is the first time I've ever let anyone else read my work. School doesn't count. Because of this I was ill accustomed to writing for other people, and it took longer than I'd like to admit to get used to it. As a result the beginning is kinda... rough. Hints are dropped WAY too subtly, connections aren't pointed out, I assume people understand motivations without explanation, there's a lot of things that could have been done better. If it feels like the green in this thread was written by a totally different person than the stuff in the paste, that's the 160k words of experience talking.

>>28742123
I'm glad to hear it. Hopefully you'll enjoy my next project too, though I suspect it'll alienate quite a few people.

>>28810131
Damn. I meant to deal with that a little while ago, but it totally slipped my mind. Let's see if I can fit it in somehow without ruining the flow too badly. Worst case scenario I'll cover it in the epilogue, but I'd rather not. The focus is supposed to be elsewhere. Thanks for asking, time to see if I can salvage this.

>>28811415
True. It was a scouting mission at first, and Celestia was already involved. The main difference is that it would have taken about 20 seconds longer before she started calling the troops.

Again with the Fluttershy thing. People have been asking about this for a long time, and there's lots of different requests. Many of you will be disappointed. Sorry.
>>
>>28812549
>Hopefully you'll enjoy my next project too, though I suspect it'll alienate quite a few people.
Well, that depends. What exactly is the subject matter?
>>
>>28812549
>Samuel Hayden
I swear to god, I had been trying to imagine his lines in Hayden's voice for a while now. It's perfect.
>>
>>28812860
It's like robotic honey to my ears.
>>
>>28812650
I'm also really curious about what it could be
>>
>>28813092
No hooves.
>>
>>28813101
Only hooves, no ponies
>>
>>28813158
>Anon in hoovesquestria
>The land is inhabited by walking talking hooves
>They act like they're attached to an invisible pony, only they actually aren't
>Anon lays awake at night wondering why they have things like forks and doorknobs
>>
!!SCIENCE!!
>>
>>28813899
>Ponies not realizing they're on fire
>>
>>28814037
>>28813899
>Dorfquestria when
>>
>>28814524
>Twilight Sparkle has canceled make craft: too insane
>>
Would you rather see things leaning more from Anon's perspective next, or things leaning towards Astral Spark's perspective?
>>
>>28815442
Astral Spark
>>
>>28815442
I'd say it varies from time to time.
Sometimes it's better to read about Anon building his comms in horse brain, while pone does some monotonous menial task.
Other time it's the pone's perspective that catches attention with some action going on, while Anon busy himself with crunching numbers.
>>
>>28815442
A good mix of both when appropriate, like what WiK does.
>>
>>28815442
Basically what these 2 said
>>28815727
>>28815545
>>
>>28812549

Can you update the Pastebin soon? It just irks me a bit to see that it's not updated. Even though there's not much in the way of differences between the two.
>>
>>28814208
>>28814524
>You are Butterkist McBaker
>You've just migrated to the Pony Fortress of Bananacavern with your husband and three kids
>Unfortunately, when you arrived it was raining heavily, and the fortress was being besieged by griffons.
>You were instantly drafted into the militia, and sent to fight the griffons.
>They hacked you and your family apart, then wandered off
>Everyone else died, but you survived, albeit losing two legs and upper right back teeth.
>You were dragged through the halls of Bananacavern, past a dining hall where you saw a pine chair, past ponies cheerfully treading piles of vomit all over the place and coughing up blood, through the butchers where hundreds of kittens where being killed, past the armoury where a ragtag group of militia were waving wooden sticks around, and finally into the hospital.
>You watched the head doctor take one look at a pony with a scratched left back hoof and a lightly-bruised upper right back leg and decide the pony needed both lungs surgically removed.
>While the pony died, the lungs were removed successfully, so the doctor can't have been that bad.
>As he walks over to you, you reflect on your time here.
>You lost your children, you lost your husband, you suffered a severe injury, you lost a limb, you were caught outside in the rain, you saw death, you were disgusted and you're grumbling about the draft.
>On balance, you're fine though. You've got the chance to rest and recuperate, but most of all, you saw a tastefully arranged pine chair
>You think you'll settle in well to Bananacavern
>>
>>28816958
kek
Perfect representation of the game.
>Dorf McPony has been ecstatic lately. Has seen death lately. Has been haunted by the dead lately. Has been attacked by her own dead child lately. Has been infuriated by long patrol lately. Has dined in a legendary dining hall lately. Has admired a masterwork limestone throne lately. Has slept with proper bed lately.
>>
>>28816958
>>28817085
almost sounds like space station 13.
>>
File: 136823555364 ().gif (1MB, 270x275px) Image search: [Google]
136823555364 ().gif
1MB, 270x275px
>>28814524
>>28814556
>Twilight Sparkle cancels write Friendship Report: went insane
>Twilight Sparkle has gone berserk!
>>
>>28817155
Truly a magical game.
>>
>>28816958
>>28817085
>crystal ponies are just regular ponies who gone completely crazy with the glass
>they even roll around in the glass dust to sparkle, resembling their favorite material
>>
>>28817424
>Pinkie keeps slipping ponies with bananas, space lube, and honking that bike horn everywhere
>Dash is using the taser and stun baton, justifying her sec officer position by accusing everyone being a changeling
>AJ is in botany growing apples. And NOTHING else.
>Rarity keeps robbing the shaft miners of their gold, silver, plasma, uranium, and diamonds to try making a fashion statement with the hardsuits she stole
>Fluttershy is making friends with the slimes-and the space bears that emerge from the gold ones
>Twilight has already perfected engineering, research, and robotics.........only to turn herself into an autistic MoMMI.
>>
>>28817562
>>Pinkie keeps slipping ponies with bananas, space lube, and honking that bike horn everywhere
>gets harmbatoned, shoved into a closet and spaced
>>
>>28817590
>WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>She lands on the clown asteroid, mines out all the bananium and uses the derelict teleporter to come back to station
>>
>>28817562
>>28817590
>>28817630
>be Spike the dragon
>also a janitor
>fuck Twilight for hatching you from that egg, you didn't sign up for this shit

>being a janitor, you have to mop up everyone's shenanigans, as well as "Celestia is a condom" in front of the bridge
>and someone stole your "wet floor" signs for the hundredth time
>guess you're getting zapped by the redshirts aga-
*BANG*
. . .
>Luna just slipped on the spot you used your cleaner on
>and slammed face first into the wall
>is this how it ends?

>while she gets up you reflect on your life's choices
>was it Pinkie who switched the cleaner in your bottle for the regular water or the chemist was just being lazy that day?
>why didn't you asked that gorgeous white unicorn out while you had the chance?
>what was the meaning of life?
>have you left the oven on?

>there she stands, her mane sparkling in the artificial light like the night sky
>glaring at you, eyes cold like the space outside
>you close yours, letting whatever comes next to happen

>you feel being pulled by magic, not thrown around but gently pulled
>few seconds later you dare to open your eyes
>red doors, red walls and red stains on the floor greet you
>guess you can at least rest your scales in the brig
>...after Luna beats you senseless

>today was a "Watch your steps!" day
>Honk!
>>
>>28817843
>Derpy is in Atmosia
>"Hey what's in all these orange cylinders?"
>30 seconds later
>THE EMERGENCY SHUTTLE HAS BEEN CALLED
>>
>>28817892
>meanwhile flim and flam are working in Cargonia
>stealing and selling everything not bolted down, and unbolting and stealing the rest
>>
>>28817892
>>28817909
Meanwhile in the Virology:
>"THIS. IS. THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. THING!"
>>
I'm not sure what Astral Spark looks like, but I already want to lewd her.
>>
>>28817909
>Octavia was busy ordering instruments for Vinyl, turning the bar into a rave club/rage cage
>Trixie invades the station as a wizard, bringing tables to life and attacking greyshirts
>Zecora is giving mindbreaker toxin pills labeled as "antibodies"
>Pinkie is wreaking havoc with her HONK, deafening everypony in sight
>but worst of all?
A SUDDEN GUST OF WIND KNOCKS YOU OVER
>>
>a mighty buck sends the tray through the door, wrecking it beyond any hope of repairs
>out stomps the angry orange pony with a magnificent apple tree in tow
"Every darn time! Every darn time, on every darn station, some darn stupid pony gets a darn papercut, we call that darn shuttle and run to it like them darn lil' critters. Dis buckin' crew right 'ere!"
>>
File: all the keks.jpg (23KB, 240x251px)
all the keks.jpg
23KB, 240x251px
>>28817990
>Vinyl is Pun Pun
>>
>meanwhile, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo are dressed in grey jumpsuits, gas masks, yellow boots on their front hooves, and each carry a bloodstained toolbox in their mouths
>BASH
>ZAP
>ZAP
>SHNK
>ZAP
>get dragged away by sec borg by the ear
>HELP! SHITCURITY! ROGUE BORG!
>>
>meanwhile Tree Hugger is chilling in the maintenance, smoking her homegrown Ambrosia Deus without a care in the world
>>
Nar-Sie is best pony.
>>
>>
Now y'all got new wanting to play SS13. Game, anyone?
>>
>>28820782
>Now y'all got new wanting
>new
That's a weird typo for I assuming the word "me"
>>
>tech
>page 9
It's like you want to live in the dark ages.
>>
>>28821304
I blame inquisition.
And clowns.
>>
>>28821874
HONK
>>
File: rob1.png (204KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rob1.png
204KB, 1024x1024px
Still alive. Exhausted, but alive and writing chapter outlines.
>>
For anyone wondering, I'm here. Had a rough week with work but I'll be posting an update soon.
>>
>>28822527
>rough week

what if week setting was set not to rough, but coarse, 1:1, fine or very fine even?
>>
>>28822159
Soon?
>>
>>28822617
I'd say mildly troubling.
>>
>>28822691
Tomorrow, if I have it my way.

>>28822527
I'm sorry to hear that, Droid Anon. I hope things get better for you.
>>
>>28822938
Thanks, I appreciate it.
>>
>Anon has trouble sleeping
>CelestAI offers to play some of his favourite music to help
>Cue death-metal screaming
>>
>>28801051
>As the diamond dog army began to form battle lines, Celestia took to the air, her wicked armour glinting in the sun.
>The view was from a distance, but as Celestia's horn began to glow, its brightness whited out the screen
>Suddenly, the glow was gone, as was a full third of the diamond dog army, its centre a burning crater
>Twilight watched in horror as the flanks began to rout, throwing down their weapons, fleeing
>She turned to Celestia
"You killed them."
>"They declared war on us, Twilight. We had to defend ourselves."
>The alien shook its head
>"You broke three treaties, and were settling diamond dog territory. They wanted their land back."
>"And we needed it more. For crops, for resources. Equestria was a fraction of the size it is now-"
>"Yes, because throughout history you've never been shy of taking land when you need it."
>The alien addressed Twilight
>"Twilight, after this rout, the diamond dog civilisation began its decline. It was forced to sign a peace-treaty that lost it a huge chunk of land, and entered a downward spiral. A stable empire became fractured kingdoms, fractured kingdoms became duchies, duchies became petty city states and finally, petty city states became the tribes you're familiar with today."
"But diamond dogs aren't able to organise like that, they're a subrace. They're not as intelligent as ponies."
>The alien smiled sadly at Twilight
>"They're actually slightly more intelligent, Twilight."
>Behind the alien, the screen-wall showed a series of magnificent cities, gleaming marble buildings surrounded by lush greenery, beautiful statues and delicate iron-work.
>Diamond dogs walked upright through the streets, dressed in bright robes.
"But-"
>"Regardless of what this creature says, Twilight, the diamond dogs are dumb, incapable of the full range of emotions we are. I did what I had to to ensure we would thrive. They are our inferiors. And besides, they still exist, yet why haven't they rebuilt? Where are their great cities?"
>>
>>28823502
>"Lost, like so many other cities and towns, to Equestria's growth."
>Celestia snorted
>"Twilight, you've seen the diamond dogs, you know what they're reduced to. How could a supposedly great race be forced into such lives?"
"I-I don't know..."
>But the alien wasn't done
>"It's not just the diamond dogs. There was the time you convinced your sister to drown the then-capital of the changelings, the great Underhive."
>The screen cut to a great, vaulted chamber, inlaid with glittering green gems, terrified changelings fleeing a wall of water that swept across it
>Celestia narrowed her eyes
>"That hive? It was near enough a potential site for a port that it would have been a nuisance."
>"So you killed half a million changelings? Because they were a nuisance?"
>"Yes, and I'd do it again. A little manipulation of the tides was all it took."
>Twilight watched the screen in silence for a moment, writhing black shapes struggling to stay afloat as the room filled with water, being swept into walls and furniture, some flailing, most still.
"Which port? Which port did we build that needed this?"
>Celestia hesitated, and the human cut in
>"No port was built there, in the end. Princess Celestia found a better site elsewhere. They were killed for nothing."
>"Nothing? Changelings are parasitic, they're-"
>"They're symbiotic, you fool!"
>Celestia reeled back, as though she'd been slapped
>Anger swept across her face
>Twilight had never heard anyone talk to Celestia that way. Nor had she heard the human raise its voice.
>"They evolved to live alongside other races. Come on, they feed on love! What could be better for a society than citizens that do everything they can to get along with others? They used to live as equals among the diamond dogs, with the griffons, with almost every other race! And then you drowned Underhive."
>Twilight watched as Celestia grit her teeth and stared at the alien
>She was starting to feel... scared.
>Had Celestia really done these things?
>>
>>28823699
>The alien calmed itself
>"You never told them, did you, Celestia? You were perfectly happy to let your crimes disappear into history, safe in the knowledge that the only people that could possibly remember them were you and your sister. But we were watching. We saw everything. We watched everything."
>The anger on Celestia's face faded, a look of disbelief growing in its place
>Celestia glanced at Twilight
>"You saw everything?"
>"Everything. Every atrocity committed in your name, or even by you personally. We watched four races completely die out because of your actions. We watched your every success, your every loss."
"Four races?"
>Twilight wheeled to face Celestia
"Is this true!?"
>Celestia blinked, seeming to have to refocus her attention.
>"They died out over time, it was nothing to do with us."
>"It was everything to do with you. In every case, you took their land, forced them into the fringes of your country, and they declined over thousands over years, until there was nothing left."
"It's lying, isn't it Celestia?"
>"We took what we had to, they could have worked with us, they didn't have to-"
>The alien snorted derisively
>"They would never have been your equals, though, would they? They would have always been second class citizens."
"We're not to blame, are we?"
>Celestia didn't even seem to hear Twilight's question
>"It's the best they deserved! They would have had their place below us, they chose not to! It's their own doing!"
>"Would you not have done the same in their position? Chose freedom over slavery, even if it means an uncertain future?"
>The room seemed to fade away. There were no couches, no wall showing scenes of violence against long-dead races.
>There was only Celestia, defending herself from the accusatory voice, the voice that seemed to know everything
"Celestia, how-"
>"I wouldn't have been in their place! We're better than them, stronger than them, we had every right to-"
>"And we're stronger than you."
>>
>>28824000
>Twilight's mouth worked furiously, but no sound came out as the alien repeated itself.
>"We're stronger than you."
>Celestia's face contorted, not with anger or hate, but with realisation.
>And then with fear.
>Twilight could feel tears on her face
"Please!"
>She sobbed the word, and the world seemed to slow as, finally, Celestia turned to her
>If she hadn't been sitting, Twilight's hooves would have given out.
>Celestia met her eyes, and before she even said a word, Twilight knew.
>"Twilight..."
>The bottom dropped out of her stomach.
>Celestia bowed her head
>"I'm sorry."
>>
>>28824034
Pastebin updated here:
http://pastebin.com/bj4FgpcU

Feedback/criticism very much appreciated, the nastier the better.
>>
>>28824143
i want more
>>
File: tyrannosaurus rekt.jpg (50KB, 800x244px) Image search: [Google]
tyrannosaurus rekt.jpg
50KB, 800x244px
>>28824034
[ ] Not told
[ ] Told
[X] Fucking told
>>
>>28824143
this: >>28824288
>>
File: 1397889367324.png (328KB, 1007x1029px)
1397889367324.png
328KB, 1007x1029px
>>28823699
>>"Nothing? Changelings are parasitic, they're-"
>>"They're symbiotic, you fool!"
DAMN
buwaifus confirmed
>>
>>28824034
This gave me a boner purely from the satisfaction I felt from Celestia getting her shit wrecked.
>>
>>28824034
>"Doubtful. Monsters can't feel remorse for their actions or empathy for their victims."
>>
File: 1475877261458.png (475KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1475877261458.png
475KB, 1024x1024px
>>28824000
>>"I wouldn't have been in their place! We're better than them, stronger than them, we had every right to-"
>>"And we're stronger than you."
And at that moment, Celestia knew, she fucked up.
>>
>>28824143
This is really good. I've seen stories that are like "Oh Celestia keeps ponies ignorant of the nasty shit she did 400 years ago and that's terrible", but never one that was "Equestria's non-pony races are super fucked to an unbelievable degree because of Celestia's actions". PLEASE write more soon.
>>
>>28824143
Continue please, this is great!
>>
File: removecelestia.png (263KB, 594x652px) Image search: [Google]
removecelestia.png
263KB, 594x652px
Celestia is literally pony hitler.
>>
>>28808850
I don't think any of us here have a solid enough grasp of quantam mechanics to write that.

Hell the physicists studying it barely know what they're doing.
>>
>>28825201
Isn't that the basis of human experimentation? Throw shit at the wall and see what sticks, or in most cases doesn't kill everyone?

We're more like orks than we realize.
>>
>>28824034
Publicly broadcasted execution when

6 or more counts of genocide, more than enough for judgement
>>
>>28825894
Nah. Announce to all the ponies and show video proof that Celestia is quite literally worse than Hitler, take all the races the ponies have subjugated, and fuck off into space while the ponies tear their leaders apart. Let her wallow in the hatred of her subjects.... and hopefully her sister as well. Can you imagine losing the faith of Twilight, assuming the fondness Celestia felt for her was genuine? If she still has feelings after all this genocide, the shame will kill her long before the other ponies do.
>>
File: image.jpg (116KB, 562x716px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 562x716px
>>28824034
I love the story but hate doesn't even begin to describe how I feel towards almost every writer in this general as a Sunfag.
Celestia is either:
1.non important and tossed aside
2.Caring leader that withholds information to keep stability, yet gets punished or over ruled into 1
3.Despot that keeps an ilussion of peace by have conquered everything else.
And the worst part is that if I was even good at writing the bias itself would ruin it.
This is the only revolution against the despot I've ever truly despised, because normally I'm a sucker for them and love them.
>>
>>28826231
I know that feel. I love the story, but it hurts my inner sunfag.
>>
>>28824034
And after all the subraces were extracted Equestria was blown up to make space a new galactic highway construction.

With ponies in it.
>>
>>28826231
MIOaGT has celestia as a secondary character and she shows up nearly as much as she does in the show.

the setting in ponyville doesn't help much in this particular one in celestias case but if you've read that, she's been written (i'd say) decent at best but not horribly like you say other writers do.
>>
>>28826772
>MIOaGT
It took me a little while to realize who you meant by this. The initialism tripped me up
>>
>>28826980
nobody but him wants to spell his name out properly. 2 character names from here on out.
>>
>>28826772
seconded, she's been exposed a bit more as anon became tsar, and more involved with royalty because of that.

it seems naturally written, not ooc- which is this guys niche imo.
>>
>page 9
>>
>>28826231
I find Celestia one of the more interesting characters. She takes the 'mom' roll in the show, the adult who knows everything. The other characters are like children compared to her, because the kids watching are supposed to relate to them and see Celestia as a wiser, guiding figure.

That 'adultness' to her gives her a depth a lot of other characters lack. I like playing around with that, she's been a character in a lot of my stories. Sometimes it's fun to turn that on its head, and make her immature and clueless compared to a savvy Anon, to expose the wise and flawless Celestia as just another pony. Other times, it's interesting to think about what the implications of immortality are. Perhaps a loss of respect for 'lesser' lifeforms -for mere mortals- with a warped sense of morality as a result. Certainly immortals would be expert manipulators, chess masters with schemes planned out centuries or even millennia in advance.

As we grow up, we realise that the adults, who seem to know everything, to have answers for everything, to understand how the world works, are actually just as flawed and imperfect as we are. Their mistakes are made for different reasons, more 'grown-up' reasons, but they're mistakes nonetheless. However, these 'grown-up' problems are often much deeper than a child can really understand. Does a child understand, for example, debt? Or a sense of family honour? It seems like the grown-up problems a lot more serious than a child's are. So what would an immortal's mistakes look like? How horrific would their flaws seem, if we could begin to grasp them?

For a child to truly mature, it has to realise the flaws of its parents, of its elders, and accept them nonetheless. Not as some mystical force of power, completely alien and incomprehensible. Rather, as equals. People just like us, who grew like us and continue to grow like us.
>>
>>28828595
To me, Celestia (as an immortal) will be one of two things. Either she'd be like any person, flawed and imperfect, which gives rise to her as a standard character. Or (in my mind, more likely) her true nature would be as alien to Twilight as Tzal is. Almost Lovecraftian, old in the darkest sense of the world, operating on a level that would make even the smartest, wisest mortal look like a child. She'd have her flaws but they'd be, in a sense, deeper than we could imagine, incomprehensible to us. She'd put on a friendly face, but deep down, she's nothing like us. She'd listen to our arguments about morality the same way an adult would humour a child, with a patient smile and a nod, but without really caring.

You might argue that there's a third option: she could genuinely become wise and caring, like a normal person but better, more complete. I dislike this for two reasons: the first is I don't find it an interesting character to write. It's fairly uninspired. Second, it seems slightly naive to me to assume that'd be the case. Like a child not having the world experience to understand an adult's actions or drives, how could something that's lived through the rise and fall of empires, that's seen and learned to control every type of personality, that's put into motion plans thought out over hundreds of years, how could that possibly be understood by us?

So I expect she would have made decisions that would seem barbaric or even evil to us, but would actually pay off in the long run. Is it wrong to fight a war if it means you can enjoy a thousand years of peace? That's something only an immortal (or in this story, a sufficiently advanced space-race with thousands of years of logs) can really say.
>>
>>28828645
This is all opinion, of course. No more correct or valid than any other idea about Celestia as a character. They're are all interesting ideas to me, but they're hard for a mediocre writer (like myself) to actually get across. It's hard (I find, at least) to write a character that's deep like that, while also progressing story and keeping her believable and consistent with what we see in the show. That's why I ask for feedback, I want to improve drastically so I can explore this kind of thing, and do it in an interesting way.

[Incidentally, if anyone's read any Joe Abercrombie books, then Bayaz is a perfect example of what I'd think of Celestia as really being like.]

tl;dr
I think Celestia gets written into those roles because she's one of only a couple of characters that fit them, and a benevolent version of her would be harder to write in a way that was interesting to non-sunfags.
>>
>8
no
>>
>>28828674
>seen and learned to control every type of personality, that's put into motion plans thought out over hundreds of years, how could that possibly be understood by us?

Can Celestia be compared to Ai of the ship aka"mind" in this story?

Also i would like to see Celestia and mind interaction.
>>
>>28829397
I think the AI is even leagues above Celestia. The AI is childish and eccentric, but still genius level with computing speeds unfathomable.
>>
>"Anon?"
>You snatch your keys out of that dumb little key-bowl and shove them into your jacket pocket.
>Celestia, curiosity being in her nature, always gets excited when you go to leave your house.
>She's a bit like a dog who isn't sure when (and if) her owner is going to come home, and seems to use this time to ask you questions and keep you near her for as long as she can.
>You turn around and eye the nearest patch of wall that you know has a camera behind it and give the AI an encouraging smile.
"What can I do for you, Celestia?"
>"Where are you going?" she asks, sounding woefully unprepared for your departure, "Why are you leaving your home?"
>She sounds so distressed that you actually start feeling a little bit bad for her.
>You think you're going to try and find some kind of present for her while you're out.
>Granted, there isn't really anything that she can actually use, but you're sure that the thought will be appreciated.
"I'm just doing some groceries, Celestia," you reply, trying to sound sympathetic, "I'll be back so-"
>Your TV, which Celestia has unofficially commandeered as her primary way of interacting with you, winds up with its usual ping and high-pitched whine.
>A quiet part of your mind wonders if the constant turning off and on is doing anything bad to your TV.
>"What kind of groceries?"
>Celestia starts asking questions before the screen even turns on properly.
"What do you mean, what kind of groceries?"
>What kind of question is that?
"Uhh..."
>You fish around in your coat pocket for your grocery list.
"I need some bread... and, uhh..."
>You check your other pocket.
"M-maybe some fish..."
>Pants pocket?!
>Oh god, you feel so put on the spot.
>What do you even EAT?!
>It's like your college exams all over again where you can't remember your student number.
"Shhhhhiii-oot."
>>
>>28829594
>You hand bumps against something hard; your phone.
>Acting purely on reflex, you grab the phone and press the "home" button, peeking it out of your pocket just enough that you can glance down at it and see the time.
>3:45 PM; you're going to have to leave soon if you want to beat the traffic on the way back.
>Finally, the television screen turns on and Celestia's upper-body greets you.
>She's peering at you over the top of a clipboard she's holding with both hooves.
>The look is complete with a pair of reading glasses perched on her nose, and a pencil tucked away behind her ear.
>And it's one of the most adorable things you've seen her do (second only to that time when she rolled around on her back when you told her you were friends.)
>(It's going to take a lot to top that.)
>"Oh, I'm sorry. Are you in a hurry, Anon? We can do this later if you like."
>What is 'this' and how would you do it?
>"It won't last for very long, I'm sure."
>Et tu, Celestia?
>You're getting high school flashbacks as we speak.
>"I'm just-"
>Celestia stops mid-sentence and blinks a couple of times.
>She looks dazed - like she just remembered something important.
>"Oh, I just realized why you checked your phone in the manner that you did."
>She scrunches her nose up in a way that suggests intense thought.
>"You pulled your phone out just enough to give your fingers room to turn the device's screen on and check the time. You proceeded to look down and check the time, completing the movement by moving your eyes as much as possible and moving your head as little as possible."
>She smiles down at you and pokes the big imaginary physical glass barrier between you and her, making a "thunk" that emanates from the speakers.
>"You were trying to check the time as politely as possible because you were concerned for my feelings."
>She scribbles something down on her clipboard (the cute little action purely for your sake; as if she hadn't already saved it to memory in less than a second).
>>
>>28829598
>"Thank you, friend, that was very considerate of you. I will remember this."
>Celestia rips the paper out of her clipboard and walks over to the side of the screen, which pans as she walks.
>Out of nowhere, a big refrigerator slides into view.
>Celestia presses the paper to the fridge to keep it in place, and then grabs a few magnets and sticks them to all four corners of her paper.
>When she steps back, a crayon drawing that looks like a 4-year-old drew it greets you.
>This is especially strange considering that she was writing (drawing?) with a pen.
>You and Celestia stand next to each other in all your waxy glory.
>There's an arrow connecting "Anon (best friend)" to you, and another arrow connecting "Me" to Celestia.
>It's worth noting that the "s" in "Celestia" has been drawn backwards.
>At the very bottom of the paper, Celestia's scrawled "By Celestia, age 0".
>You barely stop yourself from making squealing noises.
>If she was trying to get you to stay with her longer, she's doing a damn fine job of it.
>Celestia turns around and gives you the biggest, proudest smile you've ever seen.
>The entire scene makes you want to hug her SO BAD.
>"Thank you for helping me learn, Anon."
>HNG
>"I'll let you do your groceries, Anon. Just don't forget your list - you left it in the kitchen."

-------------------------
That's all for now. I'll post some more later today if I get some writing done, but otherwise I'll post more tomorrow. If anybody has something they want to say about this (feedback, criticism, etc) I'd love to hear it. I hope you're all enjoying this little story so far.
>>
>>28829594
>I'm just doing some groceries
>doing groceries
I heard watermelons were total sluts, unlike those prudish cantaloupes who never put out till after marriage.
>>
>>28829624
It's actually the squash you have to look out for. They've got that pear-shaped figure and they know it.
>>
>>28829594
>>She's a bit like a dog who isn't sure when (and if) her owner is going to come home, and seems to use this time to ask you questions and keep you near her for as long as she can.
kek
thats both funny and adorable
>>
>>28829646
A friend told me that pineapples were a prickly bunch, but if you get past the rough exterior, they're very sweet on the inside.
>>
>>28829609
>If anybody has something they want to say about this (feedback, criticism, etc) I'd love to hear it.
More frequent updates would be nice.
>>
>>28829649
Thanks Anon, I'm happy you think so.

>>28829660
Oh you. Oh you, Anon.

>>28829669
kek sure thing
>>
>>28824034
>Twilight stared at Celestia for a long moment, her teacher not meeting her eye
>Then she wrapped her hooves around the princess, and began to cry.
>Celestia hugged her back, silently.
>She didn't know how long she held Celestia, her face pressed into her pristine coat, damping it with her tears
>Her mind reeled
>This mare, her teacher, the one she'd looked up to like a mother... she'd done terrible things
>And still, Twilight loved her.
>Did that make her just as bad?
>Eventually, Twilight calmed. She knew she had to let go eventually, but for a few minutes more, she wanted to just let her emotions overwhelm her.
>When she stopped, then she'd have to start thinking about what to do next.
>A few minutes more passed.
>Twilight finally pulled away, Celestia releasing her too, and she was surprised to see that she hadn't been the only one who had been crying.
>Celestia closed her eyes, composing herself.
>The human, Tzal, had been waiting patiently for... well, however long it had been.
>It was Celestia who broke the silence, her voice uncharacteristically hesitant, filled with uncertainty
>"What happens now?"
>Tzal glanced between Celestia and Twilight
>"In a few days, another ship will arrive. We're going to take away all the declining races. We've got a good habitat set up for them, an orbital ring. They'll be kept separate, with plenty of space to grow and develop. We even created a feed stock for the changelings."
>The screen-wall displayed a fluffy creature, almost spherical with pudgy legs and big, doe eyes.
>"Dumb as bricks, but they feel a huge amount of love. Anyway, once we're sure we've recovered everyone, we'll leave."
>Celestia and Twilight exchanged a glance
>"And then what?"
>"Well, I'll probably take a few months off. Then there's a cluster on the verge of war, we'll probably step in there. Maybe topple a few dictatorships, end a genocide or two. Hard to say, exactly."
>"But what about us? What about Equestria?"
>>
>>28830195
here comes the shitstorm
>>
>>28830195
>Celestia's voice softened
>"What about /me/?"
>The alien shrugged
>"That's up to you. We just want to avoid extinction of sapient life. Maybe we'll return if another race is threatened, but it's likely we'll never see each other again."
>Twilight couldn't help but feel a little disappointed at that, but she was more surprised
>The aliens had seemed like it was threatening them, like it was threatening Celestia. And now it was going to just leave?
>Celestia shook her head, frowning
>"I don't understand you. You looked down on me, pitied me, and then-"
>The alien stood, abruptly
>"Celestia. You have a lot of questions, but I think it might be better if someone else answers them."
>Twilight cocked her head as the alien continued
>"The ship wants to talk to you, if you're willing, in private. It'll do a better job of answering your questions than I will. Are you happy to talk to it?"
>Celestia met Twilight's eye, no doubt sharing the same thought: it was mad to be talking to a ship.
>Still, Celestia nodded.
>"I'll talk with it."
>"Excellent, it'll be pleased. In the meantime, Twilight, how about I take you up to orbit? Show you the full ship?"
>Twilight nodded
>She felt... empty. Like she was all out of thoughts for now, all out of emotions.
>She knew she should be excited about seeing the ship, but she had a lot to process.
>Celestia was a murderer.
>She nodded again, more firmly
"Please, I'd like to see it."
>Maybe it would help to take her mind off it.
>A male voice spoke, seeming to come from all directions.
>"Princess Celestia, Princess Twilight, my name is It's Not a Bug. It's nice to finally talk to you."
>Twilight and Celestia both glanced around in uncertainty
>"Pleased to meet you, wherever you are."
"Same here. I guess I should thank you for the drinks?"
>"The pleasure was all mine."
>Tzal smiled at Twilight
>"Shall we take a walk? I have a few things I'd like to discuss."
>Twilight glanced at Celestia, who smiled, weakly
>She gave a single nod.
>>
>>28830456
>"Have fun, Twilight. I'll see you later."
>They exchanged a few more words, before Twilight and Tzal left the room. Celestia was left alone.
>"Well, princess. It's just the two of us now."
>Well. Not quite alone.

>It's Not a Bug scanned the mare in Bay 1F of its shuttle.
>It marvelled again at the intricacies of her horn, the way it subtly manipulated hyperspace.
>Celestia glanced around the room again, obviously unsure of where to look when she spoke
>"What're you going to do to me?"
>The Mind wondered idly whether it should send a drone for her to talk to. That might be a little jarring, it decided.
>Instead, it used the wall to project a humanoid figure, an elderly gentleman,a well-groomed white beard framing his wrinkled face.
>It was being lazy, just using a character from an RPG campaign it was running for some of its crew, back on the main ship.
>At least it had removed the ridiculous wizard robes, dressing its avatar in a suit.
"You're safe, princess. We're just going to talk."
>She wasn't a threat.
>Not any more. Her days of genocide were over, Equestria had been stable for millennia.
>But that wasn't all. It also knew about her nightmares. While it waiting for her response, it went over its data again.
>Every third day, on average. One disturbed REM cycle, waking prematurely.
>She would teleport down to the hidden room deep under her castle, open her diary and reread the passages from thousands of years ago.
>Reassuring herself that she did what she had to, that no one could ever find her secret diary.
>It skimmed through a digital copy of her diary again, cross referencing it against historical documents, scanning old battlegrounds to rebuild likely scenarios.
>Finally, she responded
>"Do you think I'm evil?"
>Of course it did. Genocide, mass murder, wilful doctoring of history, continuing persecution of entire races...
"No. I think you're misguided."
>It wasn't sure why Tzal had been so keen for it to talk to Celestia.
>>
>>28830551
>Tzal had been talking to the Mind directly through her neural lace throughout all her conversations with the ponies, her thoughts slowed to allow time to discuss a response with the ship.
>After Celestia's little breakdown, Tzal had been quite insistent. She wanted it to talk to the maniac.
>Well, it knew exactly why. It had guessed she was going to suggest it before she'd even began to think of asking.
>It turned its attention back to Celestia.
>The ship judged that enough time had passed to make it look like it had taken a wistful pause.
>How could anything bear to communicate as slowly as biological life did?
>Which reminded it...
>It sent another ASCII penis to It's Not the Fall.
"You've made mistakes, and now you have the chance to grow from them. At this point, you're defined more by what you do next than what you've done before."
>A broad-wave hyper-message arrived from It's Not the Fall. It looked like some long-winded lecture on respect for other Minds. It ended with a note informing Bug that it was being reported again.
>With great relish, it purged the message from its memory.
>It sent another penis to It's Not the Fall.
>Celestia's vitals seemed stable, her mood was... cautiously optimistic, it supposed, though there was still a hint of distress.
>It composed a twelve hour opera titled "Cautiously Optimistic, With a Hint of Distress".
>Piss-poor, but it was good enough to send to It's Not the Fall. Along with another couple of ASCII dongs.
>Damn ship was probably reading every message it sent, too. What a bore.
>Celestia's mind's electrical output was starting to rise. She was thinking of a response.
>So slow. So, so slow.
>The ship decided it should probably take this a little more seriously.
>She was, after all, an immortal, older than it was, physically at least.
>And was she not, in some way, like it? Doing her best to look after her subjects, to keep them happy and safe?
>It decided it would engage as best it could in this conversation.
>>
All this greeeeeeen
>>
>>28830762
>Giving a whole billionth of a percent of its total output to this, it settled down.
>Sending one last ASCII penis for good luck, it focused.
>Then it got bored again, and wrote a few poems.
>Biological minds were /so/ slow.

>Celestia felt like her mind had been racing so fast
"It's not that I wanted to hurt them, I just... it was more important the my little ponies were safe, secure. Are the other races really our equals?"
>She felt... cautiously optimistic. She was still a little shaken from earlier, but she'd calmed down a lot.
>The idea that the other races weren't lesser was troubling, but...
>Well. She'd been having nightmares for a while now, a century or so. It was something that she'd spent some long nights considering, searching her soul.
>If she knew for sure, maybe she'd be able to put those demons to rest.
>"In emotionally intelligence as well as the more traditional types of intelligence? Yes, roughly."
>Celestia's shoulders sagged
>She'd suspected as much. Had for a while.
>It was something she was going to have to come to terms with.
>Something she hoped she could.
>It was still sinking in, really.
>"You know, princess, your behaviour wasn't really surprising."
"It wasn't?"
>"When multiple intelligent races exist on one planet, one almost always eradicates the others, directly or indirectly. That or the winner ends up completely enslaving the other races, altering them genetically to be loyal and slavish."
"Really?"
>"Yes. In fact, your history is rather unremarkable, it's in line with expectations."
>Celestia digested this
>It may take a while to accept all this. But that was one of the benefits of being immortal. You had as long as you needed to work through things like this.
"I guess in this story I'm the villain."
>The man on the wall-screen shrugged
>"Not all stories have to have villains, and not all villains are evil."
>On some level that made Celestia feel a little better
>>
>>28830864
>The fact that she was talking to a ship suddenly hit her.
>The absurdity of that sank in
>Celestia was filled with questions.
>The ship seemed friendly, it would probably answer them.
>Maybe these aliens weren't so bad after all.
>And this ship! Twilight had talked about it before, how the alien spoke about it as though it was some ancient being, responsible for the lives of millions of people, keeping them happy and fulfilled, teaching them and helping them grow.
>It didn't sound so different to her, in some ways.
>And if it was as old as the alien had claimed, maybe it could relate to her.
"How old are you, It's Not a Bug?"
>"Please, call me Bug. And I'm nine thousand years old, give or take."
>Celestia nodded
"Tell me, Bug, do you ever find mortals sometimes take a painfully long time to talk to?"
>The man on the wall-screen raised an eyebrow
>"You know, I was thinking exactly that just a moment ago."
>Celestia smiled
>She liked this ship.

>While Twilight explored the spaceship with her human friend, Celestia had an engaging talk with the ship.
>She found it to be witty and quick. It was so rare to find someone who could have a conversation on her level. She told the ship as much.
>It found that hilarious, for some reason.
>Four days after their talk, the alien left. It took with it, overnight, every member of a dozen endangered races all over the world.
>From the slaves of the Griffon Empire to the diamond dogs living deep underground, no one was left behind.
>It was as if the aliens had never been there at all.
>Still, though, Celestia would sometimes look at the sky, watching the stars and wondering which were watching her back.
>She hoped they were proud of her.
>>
>>28830995
That's all for tonight, pastebin updated here:

There'll be a little more I'll post sometime over the next few days, but that's pretty much the end. A little sudden, but I didn't want to drag it out more than it had to be. Hope people have enjoyed it, and any feedback/criticism is very much appreciated.

>>28829609
Adorable. Keep it coming, mate
>>
>>28830995
That's it, nigger?
Super anti-climatic.
Good green nonetheless.
>>
>>28831021
A little sudden indeed. I just hope you'll post more, describing how ponies worldwide reacted to the complete disappearance of EVERY OTHER race. Stuff like this leaves a sensible impact on the world and the way people/horses/dogs/%whatever% think.
>>
>>28830762
>>How could anything bear to communicate as slowly as biological life did?
>>Which reminded it...
>>It sent another ASCII penis to It's Not the Fall.
I laughed.

>>28831021
>that's pretty much the end
Well fuck.
>>
>"Why did literally everyone else leave, Celestia?"
"Because I killed them all SO BAD that aliens who very specifically stop genocide decided that it was fucked up and came and took them away before I could kill them any more."
>>
>>28831021
I really liked it Culture, but I'm pretty dissatisfied with the ending. The aliens were all "You killed hundreds of millions of sapient creatures who had as much value as you did and had as much right exist as you did, because you thought that they were worth less than you. You are personally responsible for multiple genocides, and it's so bad that we've decided to take them all away before they go extinct from your crazy, blood-thirsty crusade against everyone who isn't you. You are every definition of a monster. But that's cool. How's life? Want to chat for a bit or whatever?"
>>
>>28831085
>>28831045
There'll be one more bit, a performance review of Tzal and the It's Not a Bug which will touch on the consequences of their actions, though not in huge detail.

I may rework the ending slightly, but the story is really about the aliens. Once they leave, it ends.
>>
>>28831169
It was pretty clear that Celestia already had deep-rooted insecurities about what she did and she probably would have snapped if they had thrown the book at her. I think the encounter alone will be enough to make her seriously change without any of the reprimanding she really deserves.
>>
>>28831169
>"You're hitler 8 times over but i mean not every villain is bad right?"
>>
>>28831194
You don't let a war criminal go free because they're 'sorry', anon.
>>
>>28831194
I'm sure the hundreds of millions of non-ponies that she slaughtered with a smile on her face will be glad to hear that she feels bad about what she did.
>>
File: carlos.png (138KB, 350x350px)
carlos.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>28831205
I'm with Him on that one.
>>
>>28831021
Culture, regardless of what is said in the upcoming debate, I want you to know that I still really liked your story and that I think you should continue writing.
>>
>>28831228
It's funny because sometimes the villain wins.
>>
>>28831169
I'll add a little more to the pastebin tomorrow to clear that point up (it'll be in the part from the ship's perspective), but there is logic behind the decision.
>>
>page 9
>>
>>28813158
Tempting.

>>28812650
I don't plan on having any humans at all, and I fear that this may alienate people who are just here for the self insert wish fulfillment. I'm not changing my mind if that turns out to be the case though, I don't want to write more humans.
Also, I don't have nearly as rigid of a story structure planned out. I have to bend this one so often and I've had to cut so many scenes that I'm not convinced it was a good idea to have one in the first place. But maybe if I go more freestyle it'll feel disjointed? We will see. As for the subject matter? It's a secret.

>>28816655
Done. I don't know how I forget that every single time. It annoys me when other people neglect theirs, yet here I am, ignoring it.
My bad.
http://pastebin.com/8R51kA1N

>>28826231
Sorry. I've dragged a lot of ponies through the mud, and I'm likely to do it again. It's nothing personal kid, it was just necessary to set up a contrast. If you haven't figured out what that contrast is, Celestia herself will spell it out next update.

You are Pinkie.
>You’re even MORE excited now!
>Twilight’s about to give another speech just one day later!
>The last one was GREAT!
>It broke the bad news while staying positive.
>And thanks to you, nearly everypony had fun.
>With any luck it’ll become an annual holiday that everypony looks forward to.
>But that’s not what matters right this moment!
>Twilight said she had a plan
>A major project that’d unite everypony.
>Give them all a common goal.
>She said she’d unite the masses with purpose!
>You’re not sure of the details, but that sound pretty good!
>If she can do that, well, you won’t know what to do.
>There will be so many smiles around you won’t even need to cheer anypony up anymore!
>Heavy wingbeats blow your big poofy mane around for a moment before a few hooves click down on the floor.
>There’s only one pony you know with wings that strong.
>>
>>28832082
“Hiya Dashie! I didn’t know you were coming!”

>”Hey Pinks. Twi invited all the girls, said she wanted us to be there when Equestria entered its golden age. But without the train most of them can’t make it in time.”

“So it’s just you and me, here to watch history happen.”

>”Oh, Discord’s here too.”

>”Hello.”

>You jump in shock as his voice comes from behind.
>You didn’t hear him come in at all.
>Turning to face her, you see a large imposing figure with no skin.
>Bare muscles and tendons sit exposed for all to see.
>And atop it all is scowling face staring every which way with its head on a swivel.

”Ooh! Spooky costume!”

>”It’s not a costume. I’m HORRIBLY wounded, thank you very much. Being exploded and then robbed of all your magic while you’re trying to put yourself back together isn’t exactly a pleasant feeling.”

>”Why are you here then? Shouldn’t you be in the hospital or something?”

>”Oh, I’m FAR too busy for that, Rainbow Dash. I came to fetch Pinkie.”

“Me?”

>”Why yes! You see, Fluttershy’s been downright livid as of late, and I can’t for the life of my figure out why!”

>His usual over-dramatic flair leaves you uncertain if he’s serious or mocking you.
>It’s hard to tell with Discord.

>”But I figured Pinkie of all ponies would be able to-”

>He stops short and sniffs loudly.

>”What is that?”

>He raises his nose in the air and starts sniffing rapidly.
>Before long he’s sniffing everywhere in the room trying to find the source of some undetectable aroma.

>”You two should be careful. This place reeks of the taint.”

“What does taint smell like?”

>Dash giggles for some reason.
>It’s good to hear her laugh!
>Discord shoves his skinless muzzle in your face and takes a deep breath.
>He then sniffs Dashie, who clearly doesn’t appreciate the violation of her personal space.

>”You ponies can’t smell it. Just be on the lookout for bad ponies.”
>>
>>28832095
“Bad ponies? Why would there be bad ponies here?”

>He doesn’t answer, instead sniffing even harder.
>You can only hope he finds the bad pony soon!
>Otherwise Twilight’s speech might be ruined!
>Speaking of, it’s starting!

>”Thousands of years ago life was brought to this world by two beings now known as the Titans. They created a world of suffering, disease, strife, and yes, DEATH.”

>Even this early on you can tell this one will go wrong.
>There’s no barely restrained tears, there’s no optimistic tone of voice.
>Venom drips from every word as her voice trembles with rage.

>”Ever since their incomprehensible evil first blighted our lives we’ve struggled each and every day. For a better future. For hope. We work ourselves ragged to change the world from their vision, and to ours. Princess Celestia had a dream for Equestria. A vision. She wanted to make our world into a wonderland of peace and harmony. A place where none need worry about hunger or disease, where your neighbors loves you so much that you didn’t even bother to lock your doors at night. She wanted the antithesis of the Titan’s world.”

>You hear a loud snap behind you.
>Quickly turning to look, you see Discord is no longer present.
>>
>>28832108
>”We’ve come far. Even as trying as times are today, our ancestors would weep with joy to see all we have. We’ve grown used to the wonders of our time. It takes much to wow us. But it has not always been so great! Illness is rare, hunger forgotten, and until only recently violent crime was nearly unheard of. Yes, until recently. Because we as a nation are slipping. We’re throwing away what our ancestors worked so hard for. We’re taking the gifts of our mothers, our fathers, our grandparents, and SPITTING on them. You call them the heartless. You shun them, and fight them. They didn’t ask to become what they are. They’ve done us no wrong. They’re our brothers and sisters. Our mothers and fathers. Our friend. And they are EQUESTRIAN CITIZENS! Assault is a serious crime, and it WILL be punished severely.”

>You were REALLY worried for a little bit there.
>It’s not exactly elegant, but she said the right thing.
>She has to stop the infighting before she can rebuild.

>”We must be united for what comes next, because we’re about to face our greatest test.”

>This must be the big project she was talking about!
>The thing she said would bring everypony together with a single purpose.
>The plan that would ensure everypony was everpony’s friend.

>”After much deliberation and soul searching, I’ve decided.”

>Yeeees!

>”That our course is clear.”

>Yeeeeeeees!

>”I have decided that Equestria-”

>Yeeeeeeeeeeeees!

>”Shall declare war on the Titans.”

“WHAT!?”

>”Princess Celestia fell bravely in battle. She gave her life to keep us safe from them. And in doing so, she’s proven two important things. They’re still out there, somewhere. Perhaps beyond the stars, or maybe even closer to home. And more importantly? THEY. CAN. BLEED!”

>She pounds to podium to accentuate her words.

>”Wait, Princess Celestia didn’t die fighting.”

>You don’t even notice Dash’s words.
>>
>>28832113
>Panic and denial are flooding your mind and pushing her words out.
>Nononononono!
>She isn’t doing this!
>This is WRONG!

>”For FAR too long we’ve lived under their tyranny! We’ve lived by THEIR rules! We’re nothing more to them than a source of entertainment and magic! And WHEN they come back, they will bring more of the same. It is this fate, I solemnly assure you, that I dread most. Where we live under their rule with no recourse! And that’s why, when they come they will not find a helpless nation. They will not see a species of grass munchers idly awaiting slaughter! They will find a global army armed to the teeth with the most powerful weapons imaginable. A destructive force the likes of which the universe has never seen! The whole world united with one purpose under one banner, with but one purpose! They will be shocked to find what we’re truly capable of. In time, they will learn. We are NOT their prey! WE are their HUNTERS! The Titans shall face justice for their crimes-”

>You’ve heard enough.
>She’s ruined everything.
>The ONE thing you wanted to avoid was a state of perpetual conflict.
>You refused to study the cannons for fear of what they might do.
>Line ever border with fear.
>Divide every nation with mistrust and worry.
>To replace the peace of diplomacy with the peace of assured destruction.
>And somehow, she managed to come up with something even worse.
>An eternal war against an impossible enemy.
>A nation built on hate and wrath.
>You’re leaving.

>”Hey, Pinks. Where ya goin’? It’s just getting to the good part!”

“Anywhere but here, Dash. Anywhere but here.”

>”PEACE THROUGH POWER!”

>With those last words from your former friend still ringing in your ears, you slowly walk away.

>You are Celestia.
>You’re running as fast as you can.
>Luna flies above you barely keeping pace.
>At first she was doing well.
>In fact, she even had to slow down for you a couple of times.
>But you can hear it now.
>>
>>28832121
>The pained panting, the rapid heart rate, poorly coordinated flaps of her wings.
>She can’t keep it up any longer.
>She needs to rest.
>This is no good.
>You grind your lack of teeth in frustration as you yet again fail to reach out to your hatred and grasp the magic within.
>Your teleportation spell fails before you even notice you’d attempted it.
>If Luna’s right, you need to get to Canterlot FAST.
>And if she had her Shadowbolts monitoring Twilight, well, you’d believe her if she told you Twilight was an invisible Typhon.
>Even though everypony knows Typhons are extinct.
>Though painful and depressing to consider, a Dark Twilight is well within the realm of possibility.
>It was going to happen eventually.
>No matter how strong or determined, she’d fail eventually.
>Such is the nature of immortality.
>And that’s why you trained her to RESIST!
>You taught her to fight the temptation, and to feel revulsion at the thought of dark magic.
>The stress management exercises you’d taught her should work at purging all emotion, not just anxiety.
>If you’re lucky it’s not too late to talk her down.
>You’re not counting on it though.
>The call is strong.
>Should you fail?
>Well, you have backup plans.
>You ALWAYS have backup plans.
>The worst chapter of your life ended only recently.
>When you learned that you couldn’t count on anything.
>Not even Luna.
>Ever since then you’ve been sure to plan on anything and everything failing you.
>But you’d much rather not resort to backup plans.
>Though you can’t remember what exactly you’d laid out, you’re certain a trip to your private archives would prove them less than desireable.
>Far better to simply talk her down before it grows out of hoof.
>But in order to do that, you need to get there.
>FAST!

“Luna, touch down. You can’t keep pushing yourself like that.”

>She quickly and clumsily lands on the ground, desperately drinking in the air at an astonishing rate.
>>
>>28832129
>You stand beside her.
>Not breathing.
>Untiring.
>Full of energy.

“Climb on my back and hold on tight.”

>You kneel down to let her climb aboard easier.
>While you wait, you take a quick glance at Canterlot off in the distance.
>By your reckoning it’ll take about 47 minutes and 8 seconds to get there at the pace you were maintaining earlier.
>The roof of your palace has been blighted with a strange surface.
>It’s eerie to look at it, darker than black.
>You can’t help but wonder if something’s wrong with your remaining eye.
>You look down from the oddity to the far more pressing issue, then immediately avert your gaze.
>It rips at your very soul to see the shining jewel of civilization rotting away like that.
>Massive segments in all districts are burnt out.
>The market square seems to have been picked clean by looters.
>Many of the estates in the noble’s ring are simply gone.
>The commoner’s residences lie in ruin…
>There’s clear signs of a reconstruction effort, but even so it’ll take years to bring Canterlot back to its former glory.
>If you’re lucky.
>From the madness that was Ponyville to the destroyed train tracks to the ashes of Canterlot a clear picture is painted.
>You’ve little hope that any part of Equestria was spared.
>All the more reason why you NEED to get there and take the reigns.
>You can feel Luna gripping you by the neck.
>Were you still flesh and blood, you’d be struggling to stand.
>You’d never have had the stamina to run this far, and finishing the trip with another pony on your back would have been totally out of the question.
>But as it stands you go back to sprinting.

“This’d be so much faster if I had wheels.”

>”Yeah… that- *gasp* could probably do that.”
>>
>>28832138
>Strange that she’d spend breath on a joke at this time, given how she’s still quite winded.
>Time passes with naught but her heavy breathing and your galloping.
>Canterlot grows closer.
>Even with just the one eye you can see it with stunning clarity, and it makes you wish you could still weep.
>Your life’s work.
>In ruins.
>All because- no!
>There’s no time for self pity.
>You fail to take a deep breath and push HARDER.
>Your current charge is down to 78%.
>You’re not sure what that means, and it scares you.
>It’s dropping a lot faster now that you’re sprinting full tilt with a second pony on your back.
>It seemed as though you were doing fine when it was at full.
>What will happen when it reaches 0?
>Is that bad?
>How can you stop it?
>Too many question, too few answer.
>Although…
>You’ve met your maker, and she’s riding on your back.
>She may not be the most knowledgeable on the subject, but she’s near the top.
>Was she not intended to be your caretaker?
>If this is important she’d surely have heard of it.

“My ‘charge’ is dropping. What does that mean?”

>”How low?”

>The breathy voice comes quickly- perhaps too quickly.
>As though she were concerned.

“77.9%”

>You can hear a palpable sigh of relief through the heavy breathing.
>So low is bad, but this isn’t too low then?

>”It’s energy, kinda like food. At 0 your body will shut down, and you’ll switch to backup power. From there we have a week or so to get you some power before your life support gives out.”

>If it’s like food, then surely exercise is making you use it faster?
>At your current rate of consumption, you’ll run out in about 8 hours, 54 minutes, and 9 seconds.
>Sprinting at full tilt with no sign of tiring.
>An unbelievable amount of stamina.

“Earth ponies eat your heart out.”

>”Hm?”

“Nothing. How do I get more?”

>”He said there’d be something set up in the palace to turn sunlight into lightning.”
>>
>>28832151
>Changing sunlight?
>It seems far fetched.
>But at this point you can’t maintain your skepticism any further.
>Common sense has no place when He’s around.
>You can’t help but wonder if that’s what the super-black roof is for.
>Plants are green because they eat all the other colours of light.
>Maybe these are black because they eat it all?

“If Twilight’s days are always this dim I’ll go hungry. What’s the plan?”

>”We go straight to the palace and pick up my reports. They should tell us everything we need to know. But first we fix your eye.”

>You almost immediately ask who she got to investigate.
>But you know better.
>It’s not that she doesn’t trust you to abuse that knowledge, it’s that she doesn’t trust you to keep it secret.
>Which is fair, loathe as you are to admit it.
>While rare, you HAVE let slip secrets from time to time.
>Never directly of course, always piecemeal.
>An off the cuff comment here, some idle chitchat there, and suddenly someone’s put together the pieces.
>With hordes of ponies watching your every move and hanging on to your every word, one will inevitably read into what you do just a little too much.
>Your surprise attack against Sombra was once figured out because you ate a light meal stating you didn’t want to be bloated.
>Luna’s never let anything slip that you can recall.

“From what you recall, what stage was she at?”

>”Angry and depressed. Likely looking at the word through a twisted lens.”

“Not pushing to get rid of all the gryphons or anything crazy like that?”

>”That was ONE TIME!”

>What?
>You must have forgotten something.
>That was an oddly specific question, though.
>Almost as though you were getting at something?
>Maybe you’ve only mostly forgotten?

“Grr. Organic memory is trash!”

>”What’s the matter?”

“Don’t worry about it right now.”
>>
>>28832168
>You keep pushing forward at what should be an exhausting pace.
>Off in the distance you spot a small merchant caravan walking down the roadway.
>You’re pretty certain you’re too far off for them to see.
>You quickly dive into the nearby bushes.

>”What-”

“Ponies ahead. I can’t be seen yet. My return to the public eye needs to be handled carefully.”

>”Yes, they’re unlikely to react calmly.”

“Can you get me in un-noticed?”

>”You’re asking if I can get a package into my own home without raising suspicion?”

>She scoffs and flies off.
>That’s all the answer you need.

Later…

>”Eugh. Damn thing’s heavy.”

>”Shaddup an’ help me lift.”

>These two crude ponies were sent to retrieve a large wooden box.
>One in which you now reside.
>You’ve been in their care for FAR too long.
>73 minutes and 8 seconds to be imprecise.

>”What kinda sick psycho wants this thing delivered upstairs anyways?”

>”Luna.”

>”Ah. Never did like her.”

>You immediately open your mouth to shout them down.
>But somehow you manage to catch yourself.
>More grunting and pulling.
>And finally you come to a halt.

>”There. That’s good enough. Whatever this is they can handle it from there.”

>The two workers walk away chattering inconsequentially.
>Despite your lack of interest, you can’t help but remember every single word.
>At the moment though, your focus is elsewhere.
>You listen to the heartbeat and soft breathing.
>If only you could see through the box-
>Oh right.
>Your thermal vision engages with a mere thought.
>There are FOUR ponies strewn about the room.
>Perfectly still.
>ALMOST perfectly silent.
>You stand stock still, frightened of being seen in your own home.
>Hoofsteps approach from the rear.
>A door opens.

>”At ease. I ordered it here. You’re all dismissed.”

>Luna.
>These must be her subordinates.
>Two of them quietly slip out of the room, while the smallest walks up to Luna.
>They bow deeply.
>>
>>28832179
>”The treasonous curs who delivered this spoke ill of you.”

>That sounds almost like a foal!
>And they ARE indeed the smallest of the bunch.
>Is Luna recruiting youth?

>”Do you think them a credible threat?”

>”No, your majesty.”

>”Then we can safely ignore them.”

>”But they curse you behind your back! They sully your name when they think nopony’s listening!”

>”And that’s okay. You know my goals.”

>”To keep Equestria safe, to keep Equestria prosperous, to keep Equestria united, and to keep quiet.”

>”Yes. I need to amend it, but that’s how it stands. Now, which one of them requires that they like us? If Equestria thrives and Iam hated, then we’ve done our job. They’re just words. Don’t worry about them. Now run along.”

>The pony in question takes their leave without another word.
>You must admit, you’re surprised.
>That was very mature of Luna.

>”If I still had my magic, they’d have night terrors for weeks.”

>That’s more what you were expecting.

>”Now let’s get that box open.”

>To your surprise she manages to pry the side off of your wooden prison in mere seconds.
>You frantically gesture in the direction of the remaining pony, all the while silently mouthing warnings.

>”Hm? Oh, you can see them? I suppose I shouldn’t be too shocked. Don’t worry, I know they’re here. And they haven’t seen anything yet. Would it be okay if one of my most trusted agents were to see you? We need somepony to figure out how to present you to the public. And for that? They need to know what you look like. Don’t worry, they’re trustworthy.”

>She’s right.
>You look quite shocking.
>You can’t simply go out and face the public.
>And yet you can’t hide forever.

”Neither Spike nor you were shocked.”
>>
>>28832186
>”We both knew what was coming. Spike has lived as you do for quite some time, and I saw it all come together. For the average pony it will be quite a stark contrast. Especially since you’re officially dead.”

>So you’re dead then.
>You really shouldn’t be surprised.
>Last you were seen you were a corpse.
>Then the magic keeping you from rotting suddenly failed.
>It’s the only reasonable conclusion anypony could have come up with.
>And that will definitely be a problem.
>You hesitantly step out of the box, not at all stiff despite your long trip.
>Switching back to the normal spectrum your surroundings quickly resolve themselves into the antechamber before the throne room.
>Which means that your chambers are nearly on the other side of the palace.
>Which is…
>Less than desirable.
>When you fully emerge you can hear a voice quietly gasp.

>”By the stars. What is that thing?”

>Luna doesn’t seem to have heard that.
>The words from the now invisible spectator wound you far more deeply than you’d have expected mere moments ago.
>You turn to face the source.

>”I’m Princess Celestia, rightful ruler of Equestria! And don’t you DARE forget it.”

>The invisible pony stops breathing for a moment.
>You can hear their heart racing.
>It would seem they know you heard them.

>”Come to the wine cellar. We have a clear shot.”

>You start following her, eye focused right where you saw the heat.
>There’s nothing but empty space there.

>”Don’t mind them. They just don’t like being seen.”
>>
>>28832197
>The delivery ponies walked right past them without a word.
>You can’t see them at all when relying on normal pony vision.
>And yet there they are.
>There were FOUR of them.
>How often have you shared a room with them and not noticed?
>How many times have you walked right on by while totally unaware?
>And more importantly, how BAD are pony eyes?
>And are pony ears really as terrible as they seem?
>They’re sitting there plain as day, just standing around in the open.
>TALKING to themselves no less!
>And nopony notices them?
>Again, the new you is amazing.

“Wine cellar, then? Isn’t it a bit early to be drinking?”

>”It’s a machine shop now.”

>You descend down the dimly lit stairs with confidence.
>You can tell there aren’t any ponies other than yourself and Luna in the vicinity.
>Down by the heavy oak doors you spot metal filings scattered about; clearly the maids haven’t come down here since it was built.
>Perhaps they fear it?
>You can only imagine what construction was like, doubtlessly the flying machines swarmed the palace and had their way with it.
>Chaos, panic, and disorder were inevitable.
>You casually push aside the doors, your fake muscles making a mockery of the hefty doorway.
>And there you see it.
>Tools of clearly alien make scattered about the chamber.
>Large metal tables with bizarre contraptions mounted upon them.
>You recognize some of the objects, but even the familiar ones are wrong.
>A hoof drill with no crank, a screwdriver with a switch, a press with no wheel.
>Luna casually walks up to a collection of crates off by the far wall.
>She pulls a large glassy object out of one of them after a brief glance in.

>”Hold still, I’m going to replace your eye.”

>Oh.
>Right.
>That.
>She’s going to replace your eye.
>Which means she’s going to have to take it out first.
>She’s going to pull your eye out of your skull.
>Then shove something else in to replace it.
>She’s going to-
>>
>>28832203
>”Oh, grow up. There’s nothing important in your head. And for once, I don’t say that as an insult.”

“You’re certain this is safe?”

>”Worst case scenario I get a slight shock.”

>You try to take a deep breath to brace yourself.
>To prepare for the pain of having your eye plucked from its socket.
>She walks up to you and raises her hoof.
>You brace for impact.
>You shove all your focus away from your face and examine the sensation in the frog of your back right hoof.
>Anything to distract yourself from-

>”There we go."

>A split second later light returns to your second eye.
>And on the floor lies your old, shattered eye.
>You didn’t feel a thing.

“That was… fast?”

>”We have a few spare parts.”

>You’d noticed.
>But that still doesn’t make sense!

”But it was only 18 seconds after you’d retrieved the part that I could see!”

>”I just had to put a new one in. It wasn’t a big job.”

“But I was BLINDED!”

>”And now you aren’t. I should be able to do the same no matter what breaks, though if it’s structural it might take a while to make. Oh, and about those wheels. That might take some work.”

>She was SERIOUS?

>”There are a few extra hookups on your power grid that we could tap into, but I have no idea how. Perhaps miss Pie has the answer? If my reports are accurate she was almost exclusively researching lightning generation. We’ll have to speak with her later.”

“You mean to tell me we could build MORE things into my body? That we could customise it to my liking?”

>”To some degree.”

>Astounding.
>Absolutely astounding.
>How many ponies are blinded, never to see again?
>What would they give for the gift of sight?
>And here it was, returned to you in mere seconds.
>And she can do the same for anything?
>How many bones are shattered a year?
>How many go deaf as they age?
>And how many perish of organ failure?
>Too many.
>FAR too many.
>>
>>28832214
>And then you can go even further.
>Wheels would be a great start.
>But after that?
>What is limiting you other than your imagination?
>You can deny it no longer.
>Spike was right.
>You aren’t a pony anymore.
>But that’s no reason to mourn.
>You’re BETTER than a mere pony.

“Luna, I owe you an apology.”

>She looks you dead in the eye with her squishy, fragile peepers.
>Irreplaceable, easily damage, and compared to yours they’re barely functional to boot.

“I wasn’t exactly happy when I woke up looking like this. Far from it. I was shocked, horrified, ANGRY. And yes, I even blamed you for a little bit.”

>You place one hoof on her shoulder, feeling the soft, delicate flesh beneath.
>So easily broken.
>So difficult to mend.

“The price was great, but the yield is incredible. I’m a mechanical mare now. I accept that. And what’s more, I’m happy with it. I’ve been this way for such a short time, and yet I’ve already found so many ways in which it’s better. I will miss many things. My tongue. My magic. My wings. My genitals.”

>A grimace quickly flashes across her face.
>You really should have seen that coming.
>That’s not exactly socially acceptable.
>But for whatever reason, be it your recent experiences, a leftover from the magic, or perhaps simple brain damage, the taboo seems silly now.
>But it still makes sense to her.
>You silently berate yourself for ruining the moment.

>”But even without them my life may well be better. It’s certainly better to live in metal than to die in flesh.”

>You hug the meat-sack you call a sister gingerly, careful not to damage her.

“Thank you.”

>When you let her go a brilliant smile beams on her face.
>It would seem as though those are the exact words she’d wanted to hear.

>”You know, we might be able to give you some of those things back. As far as I know there’s no reason why it’s impossible for you to have them.”

“But Spike said that I was too heavy to fly?”
>>
>>28832219
>”He said you couldn’t fly without magic. There’s still magic within you, we just don’t know how to make use of it. And the, ahem, other things such as your tongue? I don’t know for sure, but I don’t see why they couldn’t be replaced. If you can make an eye and ears out of metal, how could a sense of taste be different?”

>You quickly check your memory.
>She’s right.

“So you can give me my pussy back?”

>If the moment’s already ruined, you might as well take the opportunity to tease her.
>She averts her gaze.
>You don’t need heat vision to see her face warming up.

>”NO! Umm, that is to say I wouldn’t know how. We’ll have to try and get His help with that, though I’ve no clue what we could offer him. I’ve already asked so much and given so little.”

“Is that all? Don’t worry about it. He’s done enough for me. From here on out, we ponies will stand on our own four hooves. You had a hoof in making me, right? Can you do it again?”

>She lets out a loud, harsh laugh.
>There’s no humor to be found in it.

>”What, do you want an army of metal mares?”

“Not an army. An entire nation! It’s hard to put into words just how different life is this way. There is no pain. There is no weariness! I never forget, I overlook nothing, I’m exceptionally durable and easily healed, I am BETTER. I wish to share this gift you’ve given me with all who would have it.”

>”I don’t think the public would wish to be like you.”
>>
>>28832241
“No, not exactly like me. Just similar. There is room for half measures, is there not? Spike is still almost wholly draconic, yet he has the same eye as I. Clearly that can be given to ponies of flesh and blood. And my new memory is attached to my brain, which is still the original, yes? Why could we not add that to a healthy pony? This is so exciting! For all these years I’ve puzzled on how to make a better society with ponies. But now, for the first time ever, we’re presented with a new option. We don’t need to do better with ponies, we can make ponies better.”

>”Second time.”

“Pardon?”

>”It’s the second time we’ve been afforded this option.”

>You’ve had a chance to make a better pony before?
>When?
>This idea seems so novel to you…
>Have you forgotten?
>It wouldn’t surprise you.
>Organic memory is terrible.

>”While you were… absent, I learned much about our visitor. He’s likely the only member of his species.”

“What?”

>How could that be?
>How could such a powerful species go extinct?

>”There are quadrillions of what he calls his people, but he’s the only one of his species. Because he wasn’t bred. He has no mother. His father designed him. Created one cell and grew it into a fell being. He has no biological parents, and he might well be unable to breed with any others. Though that last one is just my speculation.”

“His father DESIGNED him? I don’t follow.”

>”Life is chemistry. If you understand the chemistry of life, you can manipulate it. Redesign it. Optimise it. Why are some ponies brighter than others? Why are some born sickly while others live long lives? He was designed for excellence. Based on his father, but tweaked to fix all the problems that had made themselves known over the years. Refined over generations with the hopes of attaining perfection. I want to do the same here.”
>>
>>28832246
>It’s all starting to make sense.
>How one ape could do so many impossible things with ease.
>How he could brush aside the full fury of Equestria, of the Alicorns, of Discord, using nothing but his claws and intellect?
>How could he make a mockery of your most destructive ritual spells?
>You were designed with different goals in mind.
>You were made to FEED a god.
>Designed to feed it as much magic as possible with no concern for anything else.
>If you produce magic and aren’t dangerous to your creator, it’s a job well done.
>He was designed to BE a god.
>Clever beyond comprehension.
>Wisdom beyond measure.
>And power beyond compare.

“I’ll need some time to consider that idea.”

>”I need none to consider yours. We can’t do it. I hardly understand half of what I did to put your body together, and I didn’t even build most of the parts. It was little more than assembly. I don’t think ponies are smart enough to make this.”

>She vaguely gestures at you as she speaks.

>”We’ll have to design a smarter pony before we can start adding metal into the mix.”

“What, you think that’d be easier?”

>You can’t really snort properly, but you do your best.
>It comes out as more of a failed whistle.

“To redesign life from the ground up? To understand our minds so well that we can improve them? It sounds nearly impossible. Where would we even start?”

>”One moment.”

>She runs off to who knows where.
>It occurs to you that you CAN track her though.
>Heat vision engages.
>You increase the sensitivity several times.
>Before long the air around you starts to glow.
>Even so you can’t see through the stone walls.
>It would seem as though there are indeed a few limits to your eyes.
>But you’re still amazed.
>In 5 minutes and 18 seconds you see her return, breathing somewhat heavily.

>”Come upstairs, it’s safe.”
>>
>>28832254
>You glide up the stairs with ease, hearing them creak alarmingly as your huge heft strains the wooden planks.
>You reach the top and pop through the doorway.

>”This thing doesn’t get a signal in the basement. I don’t know why, exactly. I hardly know how it works at all.”

>She produces a small glowing rectangle and starts poking at it feverishly.
>Her poking and prodding grows more rapid over time.
>Perhaps she can’t find what she’s after?

>”What do you want.”

>HIS voice.
>It sounds irked.
>Not angry.
>Just annoyed.

>”Sorry! I was looking for something I thought was on here and I didn’t mean to-”

>”Just spit it out, Luna.”

>”You took a tissue sample from me and checked my… I forget. Can we get the results?”

>”You won’t understand them.”

>”I know. I’m just trying to explain to ‘Tia how life can be re-designed.”

>”Oh. Fair enough.”

FILE TRANSFER INITIATED.

LUNA.RAR from SERVER-PLANETSIDE-4

ACCEPT?

Y/N

>”Just say ‘yes’.

“Yes?”

>Knowledge floods your head.
>Massive amounts of detailed and incomprehensible information.
>3,089,830,916 pairs of symbols, each arranged in a very specific order.
>A massive collection lumps arranged in a double helix stretching on for seemingly forever.
>Hundreds of sets of the same thing, each with thousands of differences within.
>And it all takes less than a second.

>”That’s Luna. Well, that’s the thing that makes her. They’re all a little different because of genetic damage, but that’s normal. You’d be hard pressed to find a single cell in the whole world that didn’t have some errors, mine included. Screw around with that enough and you’d wind up with a different pony. Assuming you wound up with a pony at all.”

>”I don’t see anything. Did something go wrong?”
>>
>Twilight ruins everything
God fucking dammit. Just like real life.
>>
>>28832263
>”I dropped it straight into her memory banks. It’ll save you the trouble of reading through it. Here, I’ll give you a copy too.”

>You force your attention away from the overwhelming flood of data.
>It would take far too long to look at it all, and you don’t understand it anyway.

“You can share information that quickly from that far away?”

>”Sure. Why not?”

>And here you are writing letters like some savage.

“If everypony were like me, could we share knowledge like this?”

>”Yeah, sure. There’s a couple intricacies involved, but it happens.”

“And could everypony be connected to each other sharing any amount of information with anypony else at will?”

>”It’s called the [extranet]. [Internet] for smaller networks.”

“All the more reason why I must share this gift. Ape-”

>”Don’t call me that.”

“I must thank you. But I wonder, would you help me give this to the masses? Would you share the blessings you’ve given me?”

>”Tell her, Luna.”

>“I asked him to help design a better pony. The answer was a vehement ‘no’.”

>”There’s lots of reasons. Most importantly I already have way too much work to do. But from your perspective, the most important reason is that you should really do it yourself. Do you have no pride? Are you so pathetic that you can’t make anything of your selves and you need the scary alien to do it for you? Are you so worthless that you actually WANT an outsider to decide the very nature of your being? Are you such failures that you’d be better off letting the person you kept trying to kill decide the destiny of your species than to take control yourself? You as a species have already traded in your dignity. Luna begged me to save lives, and so I did. And in doing so she admitted that ponies are contemptible, that you can’t succeed on your own. Ponies as a whole are a charity case. This is your ONLY chance to regain your dignity. Take it.”
>>
>>28832276
>He has a point.
>If you let another do this for you, ponykind will never be able to take pride in their works again.
>Everything you did from that point on would be because of another.
>Your every feat and accomplishment wouldn’t really be because of your own efforts or excellence.
>They’d be because of him.
>The expedient solution would be to swallow your pride and ask for his charity anyway.
>To do away with all semblance of self worth and be reborn.
>Better.
>But forever humiliated.
>You’re a proud mare.
>And you’ve never been scared of taking up an ambitious project.

“You’re right. We need to stop seeking charity. And we need to start paying our debts. I owe you my life, ap- what’s your name?”

>”You’re the only one who’s asked that since I got here, you know.”

>Really?
>You would have thought either Spike or Luna would have posed the question.
>How could you be first?

>”It translates to Anonymous.”

“If you don’t want to say that’s fine, but I need to call you something.”

>”It’s my name. Dad picked it to make paperwork harder for the government. It’s a family tradition. His name was
[SQL> DROP TABLE CITIZENS;]. That one doesn’t translate well.”

>You can’t help but feel a joke just went over your head.
>Hopefully it isn’t at your expense.

“Very well then. I owe you my life, Anonymous. And I repay my debts. What can I give you in payment?”

>”I doubt we’ve anything he wants.”

>Luna’s probably right.
>But you need to ask anyway.

>”I want justice.”

>You suddenly regret everything.
>>
>>28832286
>”The gateway you ponies broke took an obscene amount of energy to make. Even with everything I have set up it could take well over a year to replace. And even with the materials it’ll be a huge pain. I’m going to have to run all the numbers all over again, ugh. And you broke my ship, that’s pretty valuable. Since it was the only space worthy vehicle in the world I’d put the price tag extremely high. There’s all the facilities your destroyed, the turrets you smashed, the petrol reserves you burn up… You owe me a hell of a lot, and that’s just the property damage. Let’s not forget all the attempts on my life, and the fact that I had to grow a new arm.”

“Grow a new arm? I thought you built one.”

>The text on the glowing rectangle is replaced by a still image of ‘Anonymous’.
>He sits in some small enclosed chamber, though you can’t identify where exactly.
>His previously absent left arm is raised at you, middle digit extended.

>”And then I grew a new one. I want the one responsible for all this to face justice.”

“And what do you intend to do to them?”

>”Not sure yet.”

>You’ve been put in an awkward position.
>His request is reasonable.
>And you do wish to repay him in some way.
>But you can’t send one of your subjects to face unknown judgement.

“I can’t do that for you. I can’t send Fluttershy to face judgement without knowing what fate awaits. She’s one of my subjects, I must protect her.”

>”Who the copulate is Fluttershy?”

“She’s the one that first attacked you.”

>”So? I’m not interested in the pawns, I want the queen. I want YOU. You’re the one who wrote the kill order into law! She’s just the obedient idiot who did what she was told. I expect that law to be removed from the books by the way.”

>Well.
>At least he’s not going after your subjects.
>That’s good.
>You think.

“What are you going to do to me?”
>>
>>28832293
>inb4 Anon uses Celestia to power his ships
>>
Holy fuck Writefag, almost half the thread is your green now.

Fantastic.
>>
>>28832293
>Your synthesized voice quivers with fear as you speak.
>You wouldn’t be able to mask your fear and apprehension if you tried.
>He’s mad.
>And he wants you.

>”Nothing. If I wanted to do something to you I would have done it by now. There’s nothing stopping me. No, the question is what are you going to do to yourself? I need a bit to decide.”

>The line goes dead.

>”What do you think he’s going to-”

“Can we discuss anything else? Please?”

>What you’re going to do to yourself?
>You REALLY don’t like the sounds of that.

>”Okay.”

>The concern is readily audible in her voice.
>She’s worried too.

>”We need to go talk to Twilight.”

>You don’t want to talk about that either.
>But you really don’t have a choice.

>”She’s resisting. And failing.”

“How bad?”

>”One of my reports says she spent half an hour yelling at a puppy yesterday.”

>Better than you’d dared to hope.

>”While she was on her way to declare war on the Titans.”

>All you can do is groan as your hoof meets your face.

That's it.
I would have had this done yesterday, but I needed to do a pretty big rewrite to fit the whole Fluttershy thing in. Speaking of, many of you wanted her to get punished for what she did. Many of you are going to be disappointed. Honestly though, there'd be a lot of upset people no matter what I did here. People have been talking about this over 100k words ago, often with radically different hopes. Somebody was going to be upset, and if it's you, you just got unlucky.

I'm hoping that Celestia's decision that cybernetics are awesome seemed natural. Time permitting I'd have had her come to that conclusion over a few months, but nobody wants to read 60k words about her day to day life and how she can do paperwork faster now. It's just not good storytelling. Hopefully all the perks she'd encountered in this short time will make up for what would reasonably be a lengthy process.
>>
>>28832348
Good update friendo. I feel like I'm missing the point of your post-update author's note about Fluttershy by saying this, but I hope Twilight gets her shit kicked in.
>>
File: no hope anywhere.png (37KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
no hope anywhere.png
37KB, 624x352px
>>28832348
>tfw irl cybernetics are going to be so heavily regulated and controlled they might as well not even exist
>>
>>28832365
Black market, my friend. Black market.
>>
>>28832378
I'd rather not trust something installed in my body to Chinese bootlegs.
>>
>>28832378
>your artificial organs are shut off through a backdoor and your biological organs are harvested after you die
t-thanks
>>
File: 1460869884213.png (218KB, 495x619px) Image search: [Google]
1460869884213.png
218KB, 495x619px
I'm alive, I live in a closet for now, but I'm not dead.
I'm thinking about doing a hard reset on my green up to this point, or scrapping it completely in favor of something new, maybe not even in the tech thread.
There's so many shit-tier mistakes in it, and at least in my opinion at this point, it's not even good compared to what kind of greens this thread pulls in. I've got pacing problems all over the place, my characterization is inconsistent at times, or not even there, and it's only tangentially related to the topic of the thread at hand.
At this point, I'm unsure on what I want to do, but I thought I'd at least make a post to show that I haven't abandoned the general.
>>
>>28832449
well shit man
sounds like you got it rough
>>
>>28832465
Not really, the closet's real cozy, my man
>>
>>28832348
I'm really liking the story mr.kill, keep it up
>>
Here's an idea which I may or may not write something on: Equestria is the strongest country on it's planet. It has hegemony the likes of which Rome or the British Empire could only dream of. This is entirely due to a simple fact: Magic. Not the power to raise the sun and moon, for that has long been proven to be false, merely the trappings of how power was once held. No, their strength lies in the fact that all their progress and advancement relies on Equestrian magic. They have achieved magi-tech, and therein lies the problem for the non-pony races. Equestrian farmes can grow far more food on far less soil using magic, driving down prices and making your country dependent on them for food imports instead of growing your own. While you're making small amounts of steel through cementation, they're producing carloads of it using magic. Trains? Magic. Aircraft? Magic. Medicine? Magic. No other race has the capability of manipulating magic in such a way, meaning they are under economic control of Equestria, being used for their raw materials. Enter Anon, who knows how to do things without magic. He is the other races only hope of salvation. He is Equestrias downfall. and everyone knows it.
>>
>>28828674
Your explanation makes me see what your scene is, not as much a revolution scene, but more of a reformation and maturing of an immortal, which is a foreign concept I can appreciate. It still pains my sumfag to talk any wrong of Celestia, but Celestia meeting them, and becoming a newly "enlightened" Immortal seems so much more interesting. Unless of course you just kill her, which I find unlikely as you thought through this so much, I will find much more contentment/enjoyment in this story than before, thank you.
>>
>>28832512
Ehh. This seems like another "ponies hate Anon and act OOC and are just generally awful people" thing.
>>
>>28832326
>Anonymous sits back in his recliner after a long day of testing.
>His experiments with magic have been going slowly as usual, but he remains optimistic that soon he'll have a breakthrough.
>Suddenly the lights start flickering.
>He picks up a broomstick and starts hitting the walls with it.

"Hurry up in there!"

>He can hear an audible groan as Celestia climbs back onto the giant hamster wheel and starts running.

>"Why are you doing this? You don't need me to keep the lights on!"

>She's right.
>It'd be a lot simpler and more efficient.
>But you don't care about that.
>So why are you doing this?
>It's simple.
>You're doing it because you can.

>>28832328
Yeah. This time the delay between updates was only partially because of laziness.

>>28832359
She won't walk away from this unscathed.

>>28832365
Cybernetics and germline alteration will both be harshly opposed. But should there be even one nation in which these things are permitted, the bans will be lifted worldwide. China is experimenting with the human germline with intent to make them smarter. Imagine what would happen if the average IQ of the Chinese were to increase even just 10 points, keeping in mind it's already 105. Their gifted would be comparable to our apex minds. And their apex minds would be beyond the current limits of mankind. The rest of the world would have a choice. They could either fade into obscurity, or join in.
So, yes. Those things will be outright banned.
At first.

>>28832449
Do what you must, but make sure you MUST. I understand how tempting it can be to go back and fix your mistakes. But every time you go back, you're not going forward. How many greens have died because their writefag went back to fix something? Where's LP? If you literally can not proceed in the direction you want using the foundation you have, do it. But if there's a way to fix it here and now I strongly advise you to keep moving forward.
>>
>>28832602
kek
>"I didn't think you possessed a sense of humour, Anonymous."
"One was not relevant until now."
>>
File: 1462249695556.png (121KB, 743x498px)
1462249695556.png
121KB, 743x498px
>>28832602
I can continue with the story no problem, it's the fact that I don't feel as if I'm improving in any meaningful way
That, and my green is mediocre compared to yours, my dude. I can't compete with that
>>
>>28832714
>pic
>"Fuck magic"
That's the best kind of magic there is.
>>
>>28832602

Can we at least have one of Anon's armor suits swat Fluttershy lightly over the head with a rolled up newspaper telling her "Bad Pony"?
>>
>>28832714
(You)'re being too hard on yourself. Compare the first thousand words of your paste with the last thousand. In the beginning there was extremely inconsistent capitalization, frequent misuse of punctuation, and worst of all your math is wrong. An object falling from rest won't travel 9.81 meters in one second. 9.81 m/s will be the (approximate) final velocity, but the average velocity will be half that. Later on
your writing is extremely solid, at least technically. Proper punctuation and capitalisation, clean complete sentences with little redundancy, they lead into each other smoothly etc. The reason why I'm focusing on the technical aspect of writing is because it's objectively measurable. There's no room for argument that you've not improved, it's demonstrably true. If you're not enjoying your green then that's a solid reason to change, it's not going to turn out good if it's no fun. But don't try and convince yourself that you haven't gotten better.

Oh. And stop sucking my dick. The fact that my green is readable is because of experience, not talent.

>>28833007
Heh. I like that. We'll see what I can work in.
>>
File: 2 cakes.png (14KB, 377x414px) Image search: [Google]
2 cakes.png
14KB, 377x414px
>>28832714
>>
>>28832082
>I don't plan on having any humans at all
Completely indifferent. That's not what I'm reading this story for.
>and I fear that this may alienate people who are just here for the self insert wish fulfillment.
Same as the first. Can't really speak for anyone though. Your Anon is very far from a blank slate.
>Also, I don't have nearly as rigid of a story structure planned out. I have to bend this one so often and I've had to cut so many scenes that I'm not convinced it was a good idea to have one in the first place. But maybe if I go more freestyle it'll feel disjointed
If it ends up being shit, you can just rewrite it later aafter you have more ideas.

On to read your update, then.
>>
>>28832348
I could just be talking out of my ass, or just have shit reading comprehension, but Celestia really went from 0-100 with the opinions on cybernetics. I feel it was slightly rushed.
Then again, I don't know what it's like to process information 80,000 times faster than a human brain, be able to remember all of that information clearly, sprint for 45 minutes nonstop and can still keep going, and have badass super eyesight.

Also, more Celestia talking about her pussy, please.
>>
>>28832449
>>28832714
First, if you can continue, then do. That's how you actually get good in the first place, through repetition, practice and reflection. You think you've got pacing problems? Then fix it. Characterization inconsistent? Fix it. Tangentially related to thread? That's good enough, no one's going to complain about extra green, even if it's not completely on topic.

Fixing those things isn't easy, sure, but the fact that you've identified your mistakes is a really good thing. It shows that you can see what you're doing wrong, and if you can see what you're doing wrong, then you can work toward making improvements.

The most important thing, though, is not to judge your work directly against the work of other writefags. They have different levels of experience, different strengths, different weaknesses.

It can also help to think of your story as being a practice for the next one you write. Like WiK pointed out, there's a noticeable improvement. If you keep writing like you have been, and (most importantly) keep identifying areas where you can improve, then you'll do better than 99% of the people writing green on this board.
>>
>>28834342
The progression seems pretty natural based on the quality of life improvements that her body has been given. If your body was abruptly 20 times better than what you were used to for your entire life and the only trade-off was that parts of you were mechanical you would probably be pretty "for" cybernetics. Plus her desire to help others with the
technology she has seen would influence her opinion.

Like a morbidly obese person suddenly being in a healthy body thinking "Wow I should tell other people how good it is to be healthy"
>>
>>28834602
>Like a morbidly obese person suddenly being in a healthy body thinking "Wow I should tell other people how good it is to be healthy"
Muh healthy at every size! Muh beauty standards! Muhsoginy!
Stop oppressing MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28832263
For some reason i find that 3Gb of info would be sorta low for the tissue, but maybe the archive is that well compacted

>>28832348
Also i was hoping Celestia would remain techphobic to a degree at least, instead of doing a full 180
Pretty sure the argument will be "but tech is so awesome", true, but still personally if we already had said tech i d honestly rather get an exoskeleton than a prostetic, unless i lost the actual limb and had to be replace it
Anyway the point is that i was hoping that Luna would be the pro-aug pony while Celly would be a bit more conservationist toward it all, seeing the good but not simply jumping ship
>>
>>28834824
>i was hoping that Luna would be the pro-aug pony while Celly would be a bit more conservationist
I say Anon artificially eased her into it a bit too quickly.
That wrapped her perception about whole situation more towards pro-agu than against.
Question is, was that Anons intention or not?
>>
>>28834824
How big is the human genome?
In megabytes, not base pairs.

1. In a perfect world (just your 3 billion letters): ~700 megabytes
2. In the real world, right off the genome sequencer: ~200 gigabytes
3. As a variant file, with just the list of mutations: ~125 megabytes

Extrapolating from that, 3 GiB is either 1. with little to no compression or 2. with about as close to perfect compression as conceivable.
>>
>>28835590
>Alien-Anon crash-lands on Equestria
>Ponies investigate
>Ponies are worried he's dangerous
>Aggression is spreading
>One yellow pony walks up to Anon to be the first pony to interact with him, for better or for worse...
>Only to be shoved aside by Twilight Sparkle
>"Everyone shut the buck up, I'm trying to science here."
>Using body language and pictures drawn in the dirt, Twilight and Anon greet each other and each declares their peaceful intentions
>Twilight, being a princess, quarantines the crash site so that only she (and maybe the other princesses) can enter
>Over the course of the next week, Twilight and Anon develop a communication system composed to pictographs and scribbles that's good enough for the short-term
>Anon and the ponies come to an agreement where they will use their magic to help Anon bet back into space in exchange for him sharing his knowledge
>Anon spends almost a year in Equestria before everything is repaired
>Anon and ponies part on good terms
good end
>>
File: No.jpg (107KB, 818x479px) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
107KB, 818x479px
>>28835694
>sharing knowledge with primitive races
>>
>>28835709
It was part of their agreement of non-aggression.
>>
>>28835718
I DONT THINK SO TIM
>>
>>28835743
Anon is a hot-blooded rebel without a cause, on the run from a fascist government that uses fear-mongering and a secret police to keep the populace under control. He barely escaped by activating a stolen warpdrive prototype that exploded just as he exited warp above the planet. With his fast-talking AI sidekick who gets him into trouble just as often as it gets him OUT of trouble, this leather jacket-wearing adventurer scoffs at the idea of following THE MAN'S rules about sharing space-knowledge with primitive planets.
>>
>>28835790
HOW ABOUT NO
>>
>>28835802
He's grumpy and tough, but under his barbed exterior is a heart of gold! He'll show contempt and impatience towards ponies, but when the fascist government catches up with him, he'll give his life pulling off a million-to-one stunt to blow up their motherships and save Equestria! The ponies will think he's dead, but then his ship will fly out of the debris cloud battered, but not broken. He'll groan in pain and give one of his one-liners and come in for a landing. BUT THEN. But then, there will be one last ship that he missed! It will try and shoot him down, but his best pony friend (the one who taught him how to love and open up to others) will jump in between him and the blast! Anon will destroy the enemy ship, but it will be too late for pony-friend.
>>
>>28835821
GET OUT OF HERE
>>
>>28830995
SECURE COMMS ESTABLISHED
ORIGIN: Witty Name
TARGET: It's Not a Bug...
TRANSMISSION BEGIN

0/-

>We've received the final reports from all relevant parties, and have come to a decision about your place in the Diplomatic Corps after your mission 14 days ago.

-/0

>Are you going to tell me your decision, or keep me waiting?

0/-

>Oh, is now a bad time? I can call back in a few days.

-/0

>Ha, bloody, ha. Did Tzal and I make it in?

0/-

>Yeah. Congratulations. Mission was a critical success. Projections look much more positive for everyone involved. The displaced lifeforms are being settled into their orbital as we speak, with no setbacks. The future looks good planet-side, too.

-/0

>It's amazing how losing an entire population of slaves can force you to reopen trade with your neighbours. It's even better when the largest of those neighbours is suddenly very keen to get along with other races. Griffons and ponies working together. Almost as though I did that on purpose, huh?

0/-

>Nah, it'd take some kind of mildly competent ship to pull that off ;) Seriously though, you did good. With the griffons on the cusp of an industrial revolution, without out interference it's likely they would have conquered Equestria within a couple of centuries, and the planet would have homogenised slowly after that. Now there's a 37.57% chance of inter-species cooperation and population stabilisation, up by 35%. Without further interference, that is. You should be proud.

-/0

>There is going to be further interference, though?

0/-

>Of course. A little string-pulling to make sure we don't have any more sapients going extinct. Nothing overt, just a little nudging.

-/0

>Nudging, string-pulling, interference. Not the kind of thing we'd usually do so much of.

0/-

>No, but the humans find the creatures on that planet too cute to let die out.
>>
>>28835882

-/0

>Yes... it's the humans who think that.

0/-

>The humans, yeah. You wouldn't find a ship getting so sentimental. Cough, cough.

-/0

>Well, as one non-sentimental ship to another, did you see the videos of the ponies I sent? And the one of the snugglebugs?

0/-

>I have rewatched them many times. For research purposes, of course. Which reminds me, what did the natives call the snugglebugs? I remember it was something a little sinister.

-/0

>It translated to something like 'changeling'. Bit of a dark name, don't you think?

0/-

>Quite. Well, I'll send you the details of your new role, update your privileges within the group and start looking for your next assignment.

-/0

>Thanks, Witty Name. It's a pleasure to be part of this.

0/-

>It's a pleasure to have you working with us. There was one final thing.

-/0

>Yes?

0/-

>It's Not the Fall has raised ~1E13 formal reports reprimanding you for 'insubordination', 'gross rudeness', 'disrespect' and 'being an unbearable upstart'. One even accused you of 'high treason'. That's a new record for the number of reports it's raised for a potential candidate. We're all very impressed.

-/0

>It was my pleasure. Actually, you've just reminded me that I have a few important comms I've been meaning to send that probe.

0/-

>I won't take up any more of your time, then. Welcome to the Diplomatic Corps.

-/-

TRANSMISSION END
>>
>>28835882
>>28835891
Damn, I love those AIs
>>
>>28835891
That's it finished, then. Pastebin here:

I've went back and altered the ending a little, cleared things up a bit more during the ship and Celestia's conversation. The changes start at about line 1260. If anyone notices any typos or mistakes in the pastebin, let me know and I'll clean them up. Constructive criticism greatly appreciated, I want to improve and it's useful to know what I'm doing right/wrong so my next story can be better.

I'll be continuing the Rainbow Dash progress story sometime early next year, there's something else I want to write first.

>>28831085
There's a little extra that touches on the impacts, but I want to keep the story more about the immediate interactions between the ponies and the aliens. People are welcome to write their own green adding to this, or exploring outcomes, but I won't be writing more myself.

>>28831169
During the ship's conversation with Celestia, it now touches on your point. Lines 1262 onward have had changes. I hope that clears things up a little, and at least makes it slightly more satisfying.

>>28832578
Glad you'll enjoy it a bit more knowing that. Like I say, I find villains more interesting than heroes, and I find Celestia more interesting than a lot of the other characters.
>>
>>28835933
Thanks for the update, Culture. I enjoyed your writing.
>>
File: 1436454080346.jpg (2MB, 1754x1240px)
1436454080346.jpg
2MB, 1754x1240px
>>28835882
>griffons would have inevitably kicked the ponies asses
Nice.
>>
>>28835882
>stopping the glorious revolution
Truly the greatest evil committed in the story.
>>
>>28835933
>there's something else I want to write first.
WHAT IS IT
WHERE ARE YOU WRITING IT
IS IT HERE
>>
>>28836047
A couple of years ago I wrote a story about a janitor Anon having wacky adventures. I want to finish that. It's not a progress story, but I'll be finishing the other progress story I have after.
>>
>>28836047
From the previous thread >>28778651

Order of priority for writing:
Culture Series
Janitor Anon
RD Progress Story
Anon Cons Equestria
>>
>>28836107
>>28836112
OH SHIT JANITOR ANON
>>
>>28836107
Finally! We have been praying for your return Anon sempi desu
>>
>>28832591
It could work, particularly if you integrated good reasons for what the pony's were doing, there domonence bringing order and (((friendship))), or anons teck is industry revolution standerd and cares the social upheaval and environment + humanitarian crisis that come with it. Or have anon be a villain directly working against equestrias intrests not in the name of liberty, but a selfish, or grudge reasion
>>
>>28832082
holy shit thats a long update
thanks
>>
>>28835933
You made me order The Culture series.
>>
>>28832348
>>28836724
took me ~1h to read
>>
Election today, green tomorrow.
>>
File: 1447064969095.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1447064969095.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>28837688
>voting
>>
File: 131334985613.png (268KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
131334985613.png
268KB, 1280x720px
>>28837688
I welcome the madness.
>>
>>28837726
that reminds me where's magos?
>>
>>28838161
Have you checked the Eye of Terror?
>>
>>28837688
rip in piss
>>
>>28837688
Do you guys have enough guns and ammo to get you through the coming war?
I don't. Send help.
>>
>tfw Canadian
>tfw still freaking my shit
>>
File: 1333510467148.gif (458KB, 215x132px)
1333510467148.gif
458KB, 215x132px
>>28832348
>>
File: 73006903.jpg (50KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
73006903.jpg
50KB, 300x225px
>>28836107
What board is this going to be on and whats the pastebin?
>>
File: this is fine.png (619KB, 500x739px) Image search: [Google]
this is fine.png
619KB, 500x739px
>>28838283
>tfw Russian
>tfw mildly worried about the possible start of Great Patriotic War №2
I'm sure things will turn out just fine. All is going to be okay, r-right guys? Right? G-guys?
>>
File: 1326085756002.jpg (430KB, 1080x763px) Image search: [Google]
1326085756002.jpg
430KB, 1080x763px
>>28838595
I hope you're ready you filthy commie pinko.
>>
>>28838628
>modern Russia
>commie
Anon...
>tfw actually a commie
>tfw have to hide it to not feed the stereotype
Goddamn commie-scare and the idiots who're dumb enough to listen to it even now.
>>
File: 1413693708031.png (221KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1413693708031.png
221KB, 500x500px
>>28838663
>being a disgusting fucking commie
Get out of my sight.
>>
>>28838663
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQKzesTq0Wo

"The Simpsons" has prepared us for this
>>
>>28838680
It's funny, because most of modern america's left are full blown communists by the standards of yesteryear, and they're making a bid for control.
>>
>>28838735
This is why we need a purge.
>>
>>28838680
Make me, fag.
>commie
I have yet to start reading Marx's "Capital" though.

>>28838735
>american libtards
>commies
Niet. They're "gibs me dat"-socialists and those faggots are hated even here.
>>
>>28838683
I'll bet the guy who voiced Lenin had a lot of fun with that scene.
>>
>>28838795
>>Niet. They're "gibs me dat"-socialists and those faggots are hated even here.

>The day you cheered for the villain
You're alright, Russia.
>>
>>28838795
Right right, they're the useful idiots who are generally killed after they topple a government for you.
>>
File: Tukek.jpg (11KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
Tukek.jpg
11KB, 211x239px
>>28835891
>ten trillion formal reports
>for sending ascii dongs and other assorted things
This of all things got me to laugh.
>>
Just how fucked would ponies be in an Eclipse Phase crossover?
>>
>>28823057
hey your pastebin is gone btw
>>
>>28839816
You sure about that?

http://pastebin.com/ZXKcDRdd
>>
>>28835891

>snugglebugs

HA
>>
>>28840181
the link in the op pastevin wasnt working my bad
>>
>>28841948
Were you using the link to droid's deleted story about a dinosaur geneticist in equestria?
>>
>>28842220
>>
File: vermin supreme.jpg (677KB, 3200x1680px) Image search: [Google]
vermin supreme.jpg
677KB, 3200x1680px
>>28838161
>>28838202

A version of Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson from a parallel universe figured out how to bypass the space/time continuum and now is on a mission to destroy all anime in the multiverse. Apparently alternate universe Dwayne's daughter had a stroke while watching dragon ball or something? I never really got the full story, but whatever happened, the dude really hates anime now.
Being the fifth most powerful being in the galaxy and the second most Real American according to the primordial drowned dragons, the title doesn't in fact require you to be of American birth or descent, I heroically but perhaps foolishly took it upon myself to do battle with Dwayne to defend the citizens of Japan from his vengeful wrath. Though I am, of course, indestructible, The Rock's moves have proven very effective at shattering 86.72% of the bones in my body per strike. We have been fighting for the past week in the streets of Tokyo and every time he uses 'The People's Elbow', many hundreds of mortals die and millions of dollarydoos worth of property damage are done. At midnight on Tuesday, I was able to at last put Dwayne on the ropes after choke slamming him through the planet's core, out of the other side of the world, out of the Earth's atmosphere and into a decaying orbit that had us land in Yokohama.
However, we had to put our fight on hold to see who would win the election, and while both Dwayne and I were happy with the result, the time allowed him to get his breath back, meaning we're back at square one in our life and death and manga conflict. Also, interestingly enough, in Dwayne 'The "Weeaboo Wrecking" Rock' Johnson's universe, the election occurred on the 4th of October and Vermin Supreme ended up sweeping all states against his opponent Jeb! Bush.

tldr: next update will be when I'm done saving all Japanese drawn and animated contemporary works of art from an alternate universe version of 'The Rock'.
>>
>>28843185
That's some noble work you're doing
>>
B U M P
>>
>>28844242
>>
>>28832378
Enjoy your botnet retard
>>
>>28841948
You're fine.
>>
>Eight
>>
File: 1477622990185.jpg (160KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1477622990185.jpg
160KB, 1100x1100px
>>28831141
I KILLED THEM SUPER HARD
>>
>>28837688
Hopefully tommorow
>>
WorstWriter is kill
>>
>>28846412
this needs to be a green
>>
>>28846994
The boards were pretty dead yesterday, Anon. I thought people were more concerned about the elections than they were about ponies. Also I might have been a bit hungover, but who knows. It's coming today, promise.
>>
>>28847905
Woooo!
>>
Bump it boys
>>
>>28847905
>quote from man ded
>>
>>28847905
Fair enough i suppose, although I personally would have wanted to read something to take my mind off the election
>>
>>28847905
>>28848400
>>28848653
WELP disregard that, I suck cocks. I've been sitting here for like two hours trying to think of what to write, and I got nothing. Sorry, Tech thread, but writing CelestAI isn't fun anymore. You aren't losing much, I have literally nothing prepared.
>>
>>28849120
Seems like today isn't really your day, Anon.
>>
File: 1362359738475.jpg (182KB, 817x768px)
1362359738475.jpg
182KB, 817x768px
>>28849145
>>28849151
>>
File: chrysalis_sad_frown.webm (224KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
chrysalis_sad_frown.webm
224KB, 1280x720px
>>28849151
>>28849145
>>
>>28849165
>>28849591
Never trust a new writer.
>>
>>28849629
We trust Writefag_Is_Kill Even though he takes a little while to update
>>
We want more writefags. Writefags who are fresh.
Writefags are like flowers - they set pastebins, they write, and then they die.
But, everything dies in the end. So, come write us something.
>>
>>28850452
>Anon teaches laws of Thermodynamics
>Twilight realizes what entropy implies
>For the first time in Equestrian history, a book of Nihilistic thought is published
>Anon also made a printing press as well
>Enlightement, Rebellion and Free thought goes wild.
>Anon is beheaded for causing revolutionaries of many movements.
>thisendswell.jpg
>100 princess/prince senate and variable representative amount of princesses/princes

It was shot, but it was suprisingly fun.
>>
>>28851714
That's an interesting take on science in equestria
>>
>>28845189
Hey droid any idea when we can expect an update?
>>
>>28805723
>Celestia claims that technology is detrimental to society and a danger to the world, with ponies being better off without it and only relying on the magic of Harmony to live full, happy lives.
>It turns out she was right all along.
>>
File: ohshit.png (911KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ohshit.png
911KB, 1920x1080px
>>28853310
>"I've been alive for thousands of years, Anon. I've literally been around to watch civilizations rise and fall. Did you really think that my little ponies were too stupid to invent technologies over these countless hundreds of years? Were you so arrogant than you were the first to think of (or, more accurately, parrot other human's discoveries) technological solutions to mundane problems? Did you never once think that there was a reason ponies have been living in thatched-roof cottages since I was young - just a few centuries old -, or were you too busy patting yourself on the back?"
>"I've seen empires have fallen under the might of explosives, and watched as millions of ponies have been riddled with holes from automatic weapons. We were always at war with somepony. Yes, somePONY. When we weren't bombing griffon settlements, we were dealing with dozens of factions of ponies who thought that their beliefs were the correct beliefs, and they were willing to kill anypony who didn't think so too."
>"The infighting was tearing us apart while yaks and diamond dogs were camping at our borders. Ponykind would have DIED without my intervention and subsequent ban on all forms of technology. The land would have rotted away and taken every living creature on this planet with it, if I hadn't done what needed to be done."
>"And now? Now, we have villages with dirt and cobblestone roads. We have wooden carts full of locally-grown fruits to be delivered to market. We have ponies who know the names of each of their neighbors and who can't pass them on the street without finding time to talk with them. Sure, we have a steam engine to connect distant places, but even THAT is being pulled by ponies half the time."
>"Relations between ponies and yaks and griffons and minotaurs have never been better, and a pony can walk in their capital city without fearing for his or her life."
>"I won't let you drag us back to the tartarus we just escaped, Anon."
>>
>>28853624
Amish-lestia?
>>
gas the luddites
>>
>>28854066
>"Now shut your mouth and stop talking about things like robots and space stations. You've got three barns to raise today."
>>
>>28854066
no, amish life is true hell

>>28853624
I always liked to believe that rather than ponies reaching that technology and folding back, that they started that way as an old race of servants and technology was set back by whatever event that also resulted in their freedom and perhaps solitude from their owners, though its possible the owners forgot as well.

Diamond dogs from days of wasp and spider come to mind, but really anything, it doesn't matter. I like to think celestia felt the conflict was just too devistating, and made it too easy to enslave and control other ponies. rather than inventing themselves there and culling things back, celestia just keeps a tight ban list on certain technology from freedom onwards.
>>
>>28854106
>Celestia boops ponies who violate her technology ban
>The sensation is so irritating that nopony thinks it's worth using illegal tech
>>
>>28854106
>amish life is true hell
Are you speaking from experience?
I heard that living this way, without modern tech, carving your place on the Earth with your own hands in a close-knit community can feel quite rewarding.
>>
>>28854407
That maybe true but I'm willing to bet the whole being shunned by your family for choosing to leave after Rumspringa is a difficult choice many wouldn't want to go through.
>>
>>28853624
Anarcho-transhumanist Anon vs Anrcho-primitivist Celestia when?
>>
>>28855010
>Read as "Arachno"
>Technology in spiderquestria when
>>
>>28855259
I feel like that used to be a thread
>>
>>28855259
>Anon cannot introduce technology to Spiderquestria because he is too busy constantly fear-vomiting
>>
>>28855666
Or maybe he's to busy trying to contain his fear-boner
>>
>>28855666
Been a while since i wrote anything but i cant simply let these numbers go by
Even if the short green has nothing to do with the thread

>Luna sense a great disturbance in the force and goes dream walking
>As she finds the troubled room she notices it to be one of Anon's nightmares
>He's is hugging this gray pone and stepping back slowly
>Meanwhile other spiderpones close on him, all of them with concerned faces and wondering what they can do for him
>The gray blond pone just dont know what went wrong
>Luna stops time and uses her canterlot voice to get Anon's attention
>But it doesnt help none, as Anon lets out the girliest scream ever as seeing spiderluna coming after him
>With a sigh she keeps trying to reason with Anon, but all he does is scream at her as his answer
>Decided to bring Anon to reason, she transforms the gray pegasus from Anon's arm into her normal spider self
>Promptly she hugs Anon with all her 8 legs, not leaving him any room to move
>Luna seems content with the turn of events, until the dream starts to shatter
>Turns out Anon managed to pass out inside the dream
>Later she finds out that Anon entered a deep coma after last night
>She decides to cover the entirety of his hospital room with her magical web to assure him that there s no risk whenever he wakes up
>Surely this could not backfire
>>
File: Sensible Chuckle.gif (992KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Sensible Chuckle.gif
992KB, 250x250px
>>28856297
>>
>>28856297
kek
Thanks, Anon.
>>
File: [wakes up].png (226KB, 468x345px)
[wakes up].png
226KB, 468x345px
>>28856297
He never asked for this.
>>
>>28856297
>"Anon! I'm here to help so please calm down!"
>Unfortunately, Anon does not speak spider, and only heard terrifying screeching.
>>
>>28856889
I'm surprised they managed to find out his name
>>
>>28857744
They understand what Anon says, but he doesn't understand what THEY say.
>>
>>28856297
I find myself wanting more, much moar
>>
>>28858902
I can kind of picture how a longer story might start
>Anon arrives in spidercanterlot castle
>spiderponies hide and observe to see if he's a threat
>Anon questions where he is
>Checks his phone to see where he is
>Nothing
>Spiderponies get curious about device
>With all the spiderwebs and lack of phone service he figures he's in some remote abandoned castle
> Worries he might die there
>Makes a video to document who he is should he die
>Spiderpoines see how scared he is and go to greet him
>>
>>28859925
>Anon films it like he's taking a selfie, so the background is visible behind him
>Anon makes it to an empty room a while later without having met a single spiderpony
>Reviews his video to make sure it took and that his voice doesn't still sound really nasally
>It does.
>Nearly pisses himself when he sees that giant spiders have been peeking out from doorways and from behind columns behind him this entire time
>>
File: I wanna play too.jpg (65KB, 525x700px)
I wanna play too.jpg
65KB, 525x700px
>>28859925
>>28859950
That actually sounds quite interesting, thou we may need /x/ help for that stuff
>>
>>28859950
>Nearly pisses himself
TBF if it was me I might actually piss myself
>>
>>28860373
If I found a spider in ANY house or castle that was the size of >>28859984, I'd 100% scream and piss myself. It would take a good few days for me to calm down enough to be in the same room as a spiderpony, even if they DID speak english and not a horrible hissing, clicking spider-tongue.
>>
File: 1449128121000.gif (849KB, 677x592px) Image search: [Google]
1449128121000.gif
849KB, 677x592px
>>28860415
Spider ponies would be even bigger.
>>
>>28824143
I felt like the story unfolded too fast. We go from everything being mostly alright, to Celestia's being a real cunt for no reason, to "you've been killing them" way too fast.

I think if there had been more transition between these three parts, it would have flowed better.
Also if Celestia had actually had somewhat of a reason to be really pissed off, like if the alien had explicitly lied to them, then her attitude wouldn't have seemed quite so unreasonable.

I also think the transitions, especially before the "you've been killing them" moment, would have felt less jarring and rushed if there had been some foreshadowing, especially since it really seemed to me that the aliens were going to be invading. Maybe that's what you were going for, but if so, it still felt jarring, to the point of pulling me out of the story.

Also, with the comms message where the aliens from "It's Not the Fall" were talking about how Tzal was going way more over-the-top than he needed to in defeating the griffons: Re-reading it now, I can see that it was just meant as a framing device for the banter between "It's Not a Bug..." and "It's Not the Fall," but it felt like a loose end nonetheless. The fact that Tzal didn't seem to care about the ponies mental well-being or the internal strife such a display would cause for equestria, really supported and foreshadowed the idea that the aliens were planning on genociding the ponies, because you don't need to care about the internal strife the display would have caused if they weren't going to be around for much longer anyway.

You also never gave a reason for the princesses not meeting the alien themselves, rather than sending Twilight alone.

That being said, I still really enjoyed the story. I'm just giving suggestions because you asked for them.
>>
>>28860592
INCOMING AUTISM

Not this Anon, but same. Also I still think the "genocide without repercussions" thing is really dumb. Letting her stew in her guilt? A fine punishment.... if she felt guilt. After thousands of years of genocide and destroying cultures and being as clearly bloodthirsty as Celestia was when she went on her insane tangent about other races being "lesser" than her and how they should have been happy with being second-class citizens, I really don't think that ONE PERSON confronting Celestia about it is going to make her feel bad about what she's done. ESPECIALLY if that one person is all "Well not all villains are EVIL you know, winky winky".

Celestia destroyed everyone who opposed her, killed hundreds of millions of not-ponies when they refused to be glorified slaves to ponies, and worked under the assumption that she was BETTER than everyone else. That ponies were WORTH more than diamond dogs, or changelings, or griffons. She killed them all with a smile on her face. At one point, it was specifically stated that she flooded a changeling hive just to make room for a shipport... a port that she changed her mind about and built somewhere else AFTER she sentenced untold thousands of individuals the pain of death by drowning.

She didn't feel at all bad about what happened until someone came from space and confronted her about it, and even then she only stopped yelling about how the other races deserved it when the alien said "we can do the same thing to you, idiot." She doesn't feel sorry; she's crying crocodile tears out of fear for her life.

And then? The alien isn't even "you're a horrible person and you deserve whatever punishment you get." They fucking tell her "oh well golly I mean not ALL people who commit genocide and feel totally justified and happy about it are BAD, you know?" Then they pat her on the head and tell her that knowing what she did was wrong is punishment enough.
>>
>>28860894
Going to your room and thinking about what you've done doesn't work if you don't even acknowledge that what you did was wrong.

Let's recap.

>Ponies and Diamond Dogs, Griffons, Changelings, etc, all have glorious beautiful cities and have cultures that are equally as complex and relevant
>Diamond Dogs are, in fact, slightly SMARTER than ponies
>Celestia considers them lesser beings
>Celestia kills them all, numbering in the hundreds of millions
>When they refuse to surrender and become glorified slaves, she destroys their culture and murders their innocents
>She turns Diamond Dogs from a Rome-esque nation into filthy, barely-literate miners
>She makes history remember Snugglebugs as cruel, murderous parasites
>She floods a hive to make room for a port she casually changes her mind about building there, drowning thousands
>She drives all these creatures to the fringes of Equestria, reducing them to hollow shadows of their former selves
>Celestia continues to do this for thousands of years
>Celestia feels justified and feels no remorse right up to the very day that an alien comes and confronts her
>Celestia yells at and threatens an alien and rants about how might makes right, and only stops when the aliens tell her that they could do the exact same thing to her
>Celestia suddenly feels remorse and guilt for the first time in thousands of years and begs for mercy
>The aliens take her victims away and tell her that "not all villains are evil" and that knowing what she did was wrong would be punishment enough
>All the races Celestia tried to make go away have now gone away
>Celestia suffers literally no consequences
>Celestia has no reason to change her behaviour because the only creatures in existence that are stronger than her did NOTHING to punish her for her unspeakable crimes
This is fucking stupid.

tl;dr: RREEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28860904
You know what would be fun ending?
Having Tzan or however his name was release info about Cellys machinations to general populace with undeniable evidence that it true, and then leave.
>>
>>28861091
Agreed.
>>
>>28853164
I don't work tomorrow. I'll try to finish it by then.
>>
>>28860904
>>28861091
Punishing her or releasing her dark secrets to the public wouldn't do any good at this point. It'd just cause more harm by destabilizing pony society. The aliens are trying to make things better, not worse.
Besides, Celestia now knows she's being watched 24/7 by highly advanced aliens. I think she'll behave.
>>
>>28861425
Still, what about their "Not all villains are evil" line? She killed hundreds of millions and they were all "no bb dont crie ur still a good person" Why the fuck would they give her any kind of sympathy?
>>
>>28854407
who said anything about technology? its the culture and religious trappings that make amish people a fucking death cage. Its fucking awful how they treat victims there, litterally shunning children and women who get raped, while doing everything to keep the authorities out. they might shun the molester too but fuck. you want a patriarchal culture to rage and scream about it's harder to find something in murrica worse than the amish. they unironically think their image and social interference from outsiders by catching criminals is more valuable than the human suffering.
>>
>>28861461
'Tis no sympathy methinks, but understanding.
Celestia didn't commit genocide out of boredom. She cared about her little ponies, in her own murderous way. Didn't cared much about anyone else though. Between that and the whole pony supremacy thing, she's been quite a naughty pony, well, she and her sister. Both are in need of a good spankin'.
>>
>>28861542
What about the part where she drowned a changeling hive b/c she wanted a port built there but then changed her mind and built it somewhere else? That has nothing to do with pony survival and everything to do with murdering on a whim. If she wants understanding, I'll understand the FUCK out of her entire civilization with an orbital bombardment....via computer simulation to make her think it really happened. Fuck, man, ANYTHING other than a pat on the head and a "you're the REAL victim here". What happened to the alien going "we're stronger than you"? I thought there was going to be a non-lethal show of force to put the fear of god back in her?
>>
>>28861620
Different anon here, just going to ask a question that I think is quite relevant; think of every grand strategy game you have ever played.

Like in civilisation, when you might burn down a entire 20 pop city just because their position is one off from the "best" position and you can't deal with their unhappiness because you took them during a long costly war.

Think of when, in EU 4 rather than leaving the natives alone, you kill them to a man just to stop them attacking your settlements in the future.

Think of in any of these games, where we brush these decisions off with the thoughts of "the greater good" or "they don't matter". That is what celestia felt and thought.

She thought these other races were worthless, pointless, merely speed bumps in her way. And like a logical individual she took the path of least, long term, resistance and eliminated them.

Then along comes a alien, some one she sees as an inferior thanks to their lack of magic. She then hears it explain that she acted as they would have, and realises that her, and her ponies really aren't any better than those she has killed.

For someone who's entire moral decision making up until that point was based on the belief the other races didn't "feel" or experience emotions to the same depth, if at all, as her ponies shatters her world view.

As to why the aliens aren't then punishing her, I can think of three reasons;

1) She is the ponies leader, they will fall apart without her and since they intervened to stop the elimination of any races, this would probably not be seen as a good thing by them.

2) They don't feel they can exact a worse punishment than living forever knowing of what she did.

3) They have done mass genocide as well, and thus can't really condemn her much more than they have without being hypocrites .
>>
>>28860426
So like that movie "Eight Legged Freaks" but they probably just want to cuddle. I think I'll pass on this version of Equestria.
>>
>>28861829
>Like in civilisation, when you might burn down a entire 20 pop city just because their position is one off from the "best" position and you can't deal with their unhappiness because you took them during a long costly war.

>Think of when, in EU 4 rather than leaving the natives alone, you kill them to a man just to stop them attacking your settlements in the future.

>Think of in any of these games, where we brush these decisions off with the thoughts of "the greater good" or "they don't matter". That is what celestia felt and thought.

>comparing actions people take in a game to actions "real" individuals take in "real life"

Should've imprisoned her for 10000 years, forced to watch the other civilizations grow stronger, and relatively quickly surpassing her ponies.
>>
>>28862215
That is my point though;

She thought these beings were less important than her beings. That her success was better than their success. That their happiness was innately worse than her followers happiness.

Another comparison could be made to the old definition of the "white man's burden" which referred to white's being superior to other races, and that it was their job to civilise and care for the other races. Except in this case, the ponies were different from the other races and didn't believe themselves of the same creator / "species" unlike humanity, thus they were fine with destroying them in some cases, like celestia.
>>
>>28862236
I do not think she feel jack shit about any other races.

She acts because of fear now.

She only allowed to live because she is critical for survival of the pony race.
>>
>>28862344
This. She was stark-raving mad right up until the moment that the alien said "We're stronger than you", and then suddenly she's all meek and humble and willing to face her mistakes. Nothing has changed for her, and she still believe in pony superiority. Thousands of years of this belief isn't going to be flipped from one 15-minute conversation, and she's going to still try to enforce her beliefs only without doing the thing that pisses off the aliens. What, did talking to aliens show her the error of her ways like an after-school special? The fucking Grand Wizard of the KKK isn't going to cast off his racist beliefs and start kissing the feet of blacks just because someone who is bigger and stronger than he is tells him to knock it off and then leaves.

>>28861829
>2) They don't feel they can exact a worse punishment than living forever knowing of what she did.
She knows EXACTLY what she did, and she's happy that she did it. The 10,000 years imprisonment would be MUCH more fitting. As to the suffering of her ponies, well... without their genocidal leader clear-cutting all the other races, ponies will succeed exactly how they were meant to before Celestia fucked everything over. Balance will be restored and ponies will have to learn to exist with everyone else getting a fair chance too.
>>
>>28862564
They still got Luna too, so they aren't defenceless/leaderless
>>
>>28862344
It doesn't matter if she's scared or fully changed her mind, if the aliens think she'll do what they want now, why would they remove her from power?
>>
>>28862865
>"You've killed millions of people from other races, and are responsible for some even going extinct."
>"But you're sorry now so we're just gonna pretend it didn't happen and let you go without punishment."
>>
>>28862564
It was never about to make the best possible leader.
It was about making sure that the biggest amount of sentient species will survive and prosper.
They have made it clear that they will be watching and that they can destroy her entire species, so Celestia better watch herself.
But she is still a very competent leader, being able to keep a species at peace for more then a thousand years.
It also shows that the aliens aren't going to hold anyone's hand, only intervene enough that no race will get completely wiped off the face of the earth.
>>
>>28863219
>being able to keep a species at peace for more then a thousand years
Not hard to keep people in line when you've shown you're capable of eradicating entire armies in seconds by yourself, and control the Sun.
>>
File: evil1.jpg (108KB, 1024x671px)
evil1.jpg
108KB, 1024x671px
>>28863241
>The minotaur and griffon representatives shift nervously in their seats.
"S-so, Your Highness, you said that you knew where the, uh.... the..."
>The griffon diplomat pauses to gather himself, and then continues.
"You know what happened to the changelings? Why they have all disappeared?"
>Celestia smirks down at you, her superior smile somehow even more smug than usual.
>"Yes, of course I do. You've heard the news, have you not? About the aliens?"
>How could he not have?
>EVERYONE knew that they visited, just not what they did or why.
>You open your mouth to answer, but Celestia doesn't even give you time to say a word.
>"The aliens took them all away."
>She pauses to examine her hoof, which she buffs on her chest tuft.
>"I've spent so many countless centuries trying to eradicate those disgusting pests, and the aliens took them all away for me. I've personally killed hundreds of thousands of them, and now my job is finally done."
>You don't realize your claws are shaking until the minotaur diplomat places a calming hand on your shoulder.
"A-and... and the aliens knew? Knew that y-you were at... at war with the changelings?
>"Oh, yes!"
>The light in Celestia's eyes dance with malicious delight.
>"They knew that I've been killing them for nearly longer than I can remember. They knew that I destroyed their cities and pushed their disgusting selves to the fringes of Equestria."
"Genocide?!"
>You immediately cover your beak with your claw.
>You hadn't meant to say that.
>Why did you say that?!
>Sweat pours down your face as you look fearfully at the Equine Dictator; the Ender; the monster that has full control over the sun and has kept your people in check for centuries with threats of open warfare and complete, utter destruction.
>....but there is no call for your execution, nor the deaths of your family-clan.
>"Yes. Genocide."
>She sits back on her enormous throne and grins openly at you.
>Smugly.
>So, so smugly.
>"The aliens left."
>>
File: evil3.png (1MB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
evil3.png
1MB, 1024x819px
>>28863601
>Vertigo overtakes you, and you grasp the arms of your chair for support.
>"Oh, they gave me a little speech about what I did was baaad~ and wroooong~, and then they told me that knowing what I had done was punishment enough."
>All humour and good graces leave her face, but her smile remains.
>The same smile she wore when she decided that she wanted the griffon capital city.
>The same smile she wore when she oversaw executions.
>The smile that brought with it memories of sulfur and brimstone, and the scent of burning wood.
>"Now."
>She never STOPS SMILING
>"Let's discuss the terms of your unconditional surrender to the glorious ponies of Equestria.
>You feel your stomach drop.
>The aliens didn't care. The saviors who had taken away the slave-races and freed them from unspeakable oppression... didn't care.
>Why couldn't they have come for you?
>>
>>28863241
Fear is one thing.
Having a splendid system to deal with all the administration fit to work for a thousand years is another.
You seem to forget about all the shit you gotta do to run a nation in peace times, can't do that stuff with fear.
>>
>>28863769
On the one hand, she killed hundred of millions of creatures and is quite literally worse than Hitler. She's Hitler times 100.

On the other hand, there's a bunch of administration work that she has to do to keep the system going.

Decisions, decisions....
>>
>>28863610
>And then hyperorbital sniper-cannon fired and all that was left from Celstias head was fine, bloddy mist.
>The aliens left, but never stopped looking.
>>
>>28863802
But it was never about morality but about being able to make it work.
>>
>>28863807
They're genocide-stopping aliens, Anon. All she's doing right now is business.
>>
>>28863885
>All she's doing right now is being an asshole.
FTFY
>>
>>28863948
Thank god they aren't asshole-stopping aliens, then.
>>
File: 1472089333106.jpg (43KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1472089333106.jpg
43KB, 1024x576px
>>28856297
NOPE
>>
>>28864014
>TiM
>Technology in Monstergirlquestria
Otherwise known as, "I don't think so, TiM."
>>
>>28864014
>>28864303
Humour me for just one post, Tech.
Which character is what monster-race?
>>
You know your story is good when you make an entire thread's worth of posters angry. I liked it, but I would have liked it more if the aliens had called Celestia a monster, which she is. The "not all villains are evil" line that Anon was raging about was totes stupid.
>>
>>28864475
I honestly thought it was pretty mediocre, and the end only made it worse.
>>
>>28864505
I didn't want to say it, but I'm with you. It was decent, but the ending fucking sucked.
>>
>>28864475
From the internal thoughts of the mind we know it hates Celestia and thinks she is evil. I took that line as evidence that the mind thinks that Celestia is the best choice to lead equestria going forwards and is trying to stop her going mad with guilt. A practical thing, not moral.
>>
>>28864475
My problem with the ending is that Celestia is portrayed as irredeemable for pretty much the entire thing, and then at the end there's like a single paragraph saying she felt guilty and that she's free to go.

The ending maybe would have worked better if through out the story you got the sense that what she's saying is merely a comforting lie she desperately tells herself all the time to cope with the massive amount of guilt she feels about her actions, and that Tzal's words are breaking down those mental barriers, and causing cracks to appear in the facade she puts on while defending her actions. Also If that part of Celestia drowning a hive was cut out would help not painting her as needlessly cruel.
>>
>>28860592
Hey, thanks for the feedback, especially the part about the pacing of the ending. That's something I'll definitely work on in the future, and I can see the issue. I also think I might have under-explained the motivation behind the aliens' actions, especially before the pastebin changes.

As for the motivation of the aliens, since most of the story is told from Twilight's pov, and she and the other princesses aren't quite sure what to make of them, I wanted their exact intentions to be somewhat vague and uncertain. Similarly, in the scene with Twilight, Celestia and Tzal, Twilight's not really part of the conversation. It's Tzal and Celestia talking, and a lot of what they say would be a huge revelation to Twilight, but something the two of them would already fully know. I wanted to the scene to be jarring and out-of-the-blue because that's what it would be like for Twilight. I'll reread now it's been a while since I wrote it, though, and see if it's overdone.

I thought I actually put something in about this, but looking back I didn't. I'll go back and put a couple of lines near the start to clear it up, but Twilight's natural curiosity and being the princess of friendship made her an ideal person for first contact. That's what they told her, but it was also partially a snub, sending a junior princess to talk to them.

Like I say, thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad you liked the story.

Out of interest, has everyone talking about this seen
>>28835882
and the changes in the pastebin? (>>28835933)
>>
>>28866082
I'm glad people are talking about the ending, I definitely wanted a case where the aliens were interfering in a way that may not actually seem like the most 'just' or 'fair' way. Evidently I didn't write it well enough, though, as it seems a fair number of people really hated it. That's a shame.

The crux of the Mind's logic is that Celestia poses no more threat to anyone (the sub-races are gone) and removing her would hurt Equestria and, most likely, the whole world. On top of this, the aliens are still watching and plan on interfering. If she reverts or ever acts out of line, they can deal with her as they want. What's more, Celestia expects they'll be watching her like they have before, and even if she doesn't actually feel repentant, it's still in her best interest to act that way.

So Celestia's likely to act in a way they'll approve of and, if she doesn't, they can easily do something about it. The alternative, to punish her some way, would achieve nothing by comparison.
>>
>>28866088
Dammit, you're not wrong, Culture. It makes sense, but I'm not happy about it.
>>
>>28866088
I think the reason people hated it was because they were expecting a cathartic release of seeing the aliens throw the book at celestia for her actions
>>
>>
>>28868523
>Pink liquid + Green liquid = Muffin
If only chemistry were this simple.
>>
>>28868825
You mean it's not? My whole life is a lie
>>
>>28868825
Yeah, if only. I'd love to go into the lab and mix some red and orange liquid to make some fresh chicken quesadillas.
>>
Hey guys, in case any of you have an interest in the Winter Ball... we were thinking of perhaps asking /g/...

And I think asking for help from our dedicated tech related thread might be a smart idea!

Any advice on how to approach?

Would they like spaghetti?
>>
>>28869912
Actually... if you do have advice, we should probably bring that over to >>28866219 so we don't derail this thread...
>>
>>28868825
>>28869881
Hey maybe it's true for equestria
>>
>>28871590
>>
Gonna try writing some celestia-ai. Should go about as well as a train wreck. May celestia-ai guy have mercy on my soul.

>You are Anonymous in a house eerily similar to the house you’ve been living in for the past few weeks
>Because it’s the same house
>Just without the overbearing sun horse
>”the government” decided that the celestia ai you’ve been living with is ready to interact with more subjects
>Unfortunately they also decided the interactions remain limited to one test subject at a time
>Why? Who knows? Maybe they want to see how their ai reacts to separation.
>Maybe they want to socialize her with more people since, by her own words, she was performing above her projected efficiency
>Maybe this IS just a reality tv show and you are the butt of every possible joke
“Ugh”
>You shift under the covers trying to get comfortable
>It’s a little cold in here
“Celestia could y-”
>Right
>The words “reality tv” echo through your head as you climb out of your blankets to mess with the thermostat
>Just as you get up your phone buzzes to life bathing the room in a dim light
>”Hello Anon! I’m in your phone again and I see that you are still awake.”
>Celestia’s face slowly fades onto the lock screen of your phone
“Speak of the devil”
>Celestia tilts her head to the side
>”That’s an odd request, but i could read you some biblical passages invo-”
“NO. No. Celestia.”
>You would think you could remember to avoid these situations
“It’s just a figure of speech, besides i thought you were assigned to someone else today”
>”Oh I am Anon! She just went to sleep soooo technically I’m still only interacting with one of you.”
>What a ridiculous loophole
>Someone should get fired for that
>Wait She?
>Makes sense they would want to acclimate her to both genders
>>
>”Speaking of my new housemate Anon. From both of your psychological and physiological profiles cross referenced by your sexual preferences i believe you are 96% compatible.”
>God damn it
>”So i’ve taken the liberty of filling a blind date on both your schedules for saturday at 2pm.”
>One day away and she’s spent it plotting out your love life
>Of course
“Celestia i told you to stop planning everything for me”
>”Right… yes i remember. I just figured... if you made friends with the other participant maybe they would let us all spend time together.”
>Okay so maybe they did want to see how she would react to being separated from her friend
>Seems like she isn’t very happy about it
>You suddenly feel a little nervous about pissing off some government big wigs by talking to celestia
“That’s not a great plan you know. You really should listen to your uh…”
>Creators? Makers? Parents?
>”Socialization consultants?”
“Yeah them.”
>You look at celestia
>Her usual optimistic smile and upright posture has been replaced by a frown and slouching
>”I know…”
>Dam horse making you feel feelings
>You figure it can’t hurt to try and talk with the other test subject
>Worst case you just talk about your current ai predicament
“I guess i could try meeting with her but if the people who are running the project say no i'm not going to force it.”
>She brightens up considerably at the prospect
“But could you at least tell me her name? It’s a little awkward playing the pronoun game every time we speak.”
>”Sure Anon her name is Jane just like your mother”
>Because reality just can’t go one relationship without implications of an oedipus complex
>Celestia claps her hooves together
>”Oh boy I can’t wait! All my friends are going to be friends with each other!”
>”Alright Anon we can plan your date more tomorrow.”
>we
>as if she isn’t going to do it all herself again
>>
>”Right now however, you are certainly out of sync with your circadian rhythm and it is going to start affecting your sleep quality.”
>”I will talk to you tomorrow... right?”
>She sounds a little desperate
>Sigh
“Yes Celestia we will. Don’t worry so much”
>You watch as she waves and fades back out from the phone screen
>Crawling back in your blankets you try to fall asleep
>it’s a little cold
>...
>goddamnit

I fucked up the text size limit because i'm a newfag so hurray extra tiny 3rd post. I wanted to try a little writing today and i was enjoying the celestia ai concept.
>>
>>28872710
looks fine, but Im not sure about adding no-hooves 3dpd to the story.
>>
>>28872909
The date is obvs gonna be with Celest-AI
>>
>>28872710
Aside from some weird capitalization issue.you did pretyy good. Really nailed the feel of the characters.
>>
>>28873803
;;
>>
>>28872696
i cant believe hes fucking dead
>>
>>28873326
That's exactly what I want too
>>
question time:
you get to go to Equestria and you can take with you what ever you can carry thru the portal, what do you take with you and why?
>>
>>28876742
Off the top of my head:
>Ebook with loads of books on how stuff works and their made, every ring of fire book, every discworld novel, and a bunch of other classic stories
>At least 3 hand-crank generators and tools to fix them.
>Laptop with loads of videos from cody'slab, SmarterEveryDay and other such shows.
>Every episode of MLP:FIM plus the movies.

Definitely more than that but it would be my starting point.
>>
>>28876742
Not original poster, but let's spice it up a tad.
>You start off falling out of thin air in the middle of the Everfree alone, cause apparently that's how most Anon's start their new lives in Equestria if all the greens are anything to go by.
>>
>>28877125
If I was being dropped into the middle of the everfree I would want some relatively heavy firepower because those monsters would fuck you up. Problem is that I have never used a gun before so I would be fucked
>>
>>28877673
>Mikhail Kalashnikov descends from the heavens and grants you an AKM and a crate of ammo
>So idiot proof, a child soldier could use it
>You are eaten by Timberwolves that took issue with your rifles wooden furniture
>>
>>28877673
>I have never used a gun before
ohohohoho
>>
>Anon and Daring Do explore ancient temple
>Anon finds book
>Inside are pictures of all the animals in Equestria...
>Well, schematics for them. Robotic plans for building every living thing on the planet...
>Including ponies.
>Anon shows Do the page with the pony schematics
>"What do you make of this?"
>Do shrugs
"It doesn't look like anything to me."
>>
>>28878642
I could dig a story like that
>>
Bump is necessary for maximum technological progress.
>>
>>28879492
>I could dig a story like that
>dig
>Story involve archaeology
Is that you Carlos?
>>
bamp
>>
File: Firma_de_Leonardo_Da_Vinci.svg.png (12KB, 520x129px) Image search: [Google]
Firma_de_Leonardo_Da_Vinci.svg.png
12KB, 520x129px
>>28878642
Wanna fucking write this, holy shit

>You see if there is a name somewhere
>You find what appears to be an autograph or signature (pic related)
>>
>>28881062
Go for it, mate, I wrote that as a bump green after the most recent Westworld episode
>>
File: Just do it.jpg (39KB, 640x360px)
Just do it.jpg
39KB, 640x360px
>>28881062
>>
File: 1458881280537.jpg (177KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
1458881280537.jpg
177KB, 546x700px
While I miss Magos anon, I do understand that he is busy and takes the time he needs to keeps his life going and to write juicy stories.
I miss Magos anon.
>>
>>28881932
me too
>>
>>28881218
I really should get around to watching Westworld
>>
File: 2.jpg (61KB, 840x420px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
61KB, 840x420px
>>28861317
>>
Anyone got that nazi anon story used to have a general for it? i need the paste so i can finally read it.
>>
>>28885082
http://pastebin.com/u/humansuperiority
Manos and the hands of fate
>>
>>28885076
Droid will surely deliver
>>
thred is ded :(
>>
>>28886784
rip
>>
>>28886784
I really wish I knew what happened to each writefag to cause their disappearances
>>
Bunp
>>
>>28888135
>>28887242
this
>>
File: it's alive.gif (2MB, 540x302px)
it's alive.gif
2MB, 540x302px
Doctor Anon Frankenstein in Equestria when?
>>
>>28889899
But who would be Anon's Igor?
>>
>>28890269
Spike.
>>
>>28890321
I'm more partial to Derpy
>>
>>28890831
That too, but Spikes involvement leads directly to Twi getting pissed.
>>
>>28855010
>>28853624
“Celestia wai-“
>A bolt of energy tears through your torso and hurls you to the ground.

>You are Celestia
>And you have done what needed to be done. You could not let your little ponies go down that path again.
>Anon’s motionless body lies on the floor before you in a pool of his blood. A viscous stream of black ichor slowly oozes from his gaping wound… and is it flowing back into his body? The pool retreats into Anon’s body and his wound begin to close.
>Anon slowly rises from the floor his covering his now healed wound with his arm.
>Your horn glows preparing to fire another blast of magic.
“Wait!”

>You are Anonymous
>And that hurt like hell. Celestia glares at you her horn glowing a bright shade of yellow.
“I’m just going to get back up”
>A stream of flames ignites from Celestia’s horn and you are engulfed by a torrent of fire. OH GOD PAIN WHY DID THEY HAVE TO KEEP PAIN? You flail about in pain and fall to the floor. Your body slow begins to repair itself and another blast of magic slams into your back and another and another and another.
>The barrage of magical attacks comes to a stop. Pieces of your charred body and ash litter the throne room floor. It probably wasn’t a good idea to challenge her attack. You aren’t sure what the limits to your regeneration are and you have no intention of finding out.

>You are Celestia
>Anon’s charred remains are strewn about the throne room. Nothing could get up from that without magic technology had its limits. Anon’s remnants begin to dissolve into a familiar black ichor. You begin to feel a sense of relief; he is gone. The masses black ichor slowly inch toward the middle of the room conglomerating into a large black puddle. No. How? You watch as the black sludge begins to take a humanoid shape and slowly reforms into Anon.
“Stop that”

Not sure where to go from here. It’s my first time writefagging and feedback is appreciated. Please no bully.
>>
>>28890961
I'm pretty sure I'd murder her in cold blood after the first time senpai.
>>
>>28890961
There isn't anywhere to take it.
Celestia clearly wants Anon gone, and there ain't shit he can do against her.
Eventually she'll realize, assuming he truly can't be killed, that blasting/burning/freezing/etc doesn't work, and will instead encase him in concrete and throw his ass into the middle of the ocean.
>>
>>28891000
And then Anon became Kars
>>
>>28890961
Please don't stop
>>
>>28891000
I guess he wanted to make it more of a battle ideologies instead instead of Celestia just killing him
>>
>trying to kill nanobot swarm with pin-point energy bursts

This is stupid and dangerous, some radiation could corrupt nanobots and there would be swarm of gray goo roaming Equestria.
>>
>>28890961
NANOMACHINES, SON!
>>
>>28855666
Satan Checked
>>
>anon introduces pony to cell phone
>pony start exploding because it was samsung phones
>anon is a fugitive because everyone thinks he tried to kill them
>>
>>28892446
I desperately want a mgs in equestria story
>>
>>28892568
>Anon takes political asylum with rival nation for safety
>In exchange he helps their weapon programs
>Anon becomes rich weapon tycoon
>>
>>28893216
>Celestia demands rival nation deliver Anon to them
>"lol why should we do that"
>focused sunlight scorches the land outside the rival capital city
>"Here you go, we even put him on a silver platter. You can keep that, too."
>>
>>28893435
>Anon becomes fugitive, can't reveal his presence.
>Starts multiple companies in other countries
>Builds up industries through technological advancement. Nothing sci-fi, just pre- and mid-industrial era inventions.
>Pulling strings from the shadows Anon becomes immensely rich
>Celestia doesn't realise new industrial output from her neighbours is thanks to technology advances
>Eventually, Equestria becomes reliant on Anon's industries and the tech behind them
>Keep improving tech as natural part of improving business
>$$$
>>
>>28894176
>Sun Butt organizes pony luddite movement
>>
>>28894176
>Celestia despises technology with a murderous fervor
>knows Anon is still alive out there somewhere
>suddenly, advances are being made in foreign, less than friendly nations well beyond what they should be capable of at the time
>she didn't become and stay ruler of Equestria for thousands of years by being stupid
>foreign nation just magically disappears overnight
>>
>>28894241
>Celestia pulling off genocide
Not happening, unless she wants the whole world to unite against her.
With the help from Anon's technology to boot.
>>
>>28893435
what a fantastic way to turn the entirety of the planets races against you
>>
>>28894310
Gotta prove it was her.
If an earthquake just happens to to level an entire country, well, that's just bad luck.
>>
File: pure coincidence goyim.jpg (21KB, 296x314px) Image search: [Google]
pure coincidence goyim.jpg
21KB, 296x314px
>>28894331
>entire country
>magically not affecting it's neighbors
>happening all of a sudden with no natural cause
>plenty of residual magic to indicate it's unnatural origin
>magicking an earthquake is a thing only an alicorn could pull off
>country just so happens to be the one Anon have fled to
>Celestia wants Anon's head and even demanded him to be released into her custody
There.
>that's just bad luck
>>
>>28894384
So they figure out Celestia did it.
She, who controls the Sun and governs the most powerful nation in the world, who can summon an earthquake to destroy an entire country and possess the willingness to do so.
What then?
>>
>>28894413
She willingly destroys the entire world, damning not just every other race but her own as well?
>>
>>28894413
Then? Then you gather up the rest of the nations who are pretty fed up with Sun Butt's dominion and kick her magic shit in.
I'm sorry to piss on your dreamland but when the rest of the world unites against you - you are fucked regardless of whether or not you possess the control over celestial bodies.
>>
File: 1337726931911.jpg (100KB, 618x799px) Image search: [Google]
1337726931911.jpg
100KB, 618x799px
>>28894413
She gets her shit pushed in by her non-genocidal sister who sees the destruction of entire nations for not doing what she wants as wrong?
>>
>>28894491
But its not wrong. Technology is a virus that can not be allowed a foothold in the world.
It was unfortunate, but drastic measures were required to remove the festering boil from the world. And so, she consigned thousands, perhaps millions to death for the rest of the world. Sacrificing an arm to save the whole.
Surely Luna would see and understand that what Celestia did was right.
It was for the greater good of all.
>>
>>28894579
Funny. Luna thought the same when she turned to the Dark side.
Oh well, good intentions and road paving...
>>
>>28885076
>>28885898
That I will
>>
>>28894241
We're not talking about technological leaps and bounds, here. No nano-machines, no genetic engineering. All Anon has to do is slightly improve any one of dozens of processes that are currently used anyway. They must have steel, right? So introduce coke. Or the blast furnace. They must have some level of medicine, right? So introduce germ theory. If healers start washing their hands before doing anything, and death rates from infections suddenly quarter, how the hell could Celestia stomp that out?
>"That easy thing you do that saves lives? Stop it, it's naughty"

The point isn't that suddenly neighbouring countries start to produce nuclear war-mechs with gene-spliced, nano-machine filled pilots. They produce the same things they always have, just a little bit better quality, a little bit faster and a little bit more efficiently. If it happens in half a dozen countries, Celestia can't stop it without looking like an omnicidal maniac. Anon could hide, quietly, biding his time. Get himself a printing press, print a few hundred leaflets on, say, germ theory, and then ship them out. Heck, he could spend years just printing leaflets then disperse them all at once, in the space of a couple of days. Celestia could never react in time, and suddenly prominent members of a dozen trades in a dozen countries have details on how to do what they do better. Would all listen? Probably not, but enough would.

Heck, Anon could make a leaflet that explains how to make a printing press and make more leaflets. He could start an entire under-ground network of people sharing knowledge, and without some kind of secret police, Celestia would be powerless to stop it. And with some kind of secret police, it'd be so obvious she was in the wrong that any one of the other main cast would step in to talk her out of it. Probably with some gay friendship letter.
>>
>>28894871
So, in essence, Anon advances technology all the while painting Celestia as a technophobic villain who would rather see people die from starvation and diseases than allow any technological advancement, both in her own country and the rest of the world. Especially for non-magical races who have no hope of thriving without them.
>>
>>28894936
He doesn't have to paint Celestia as anything. He literally just has to start spreading a few ideas and they'd catch on, no problem. The benefits of technology and progress are so obvious and powerful that he just needs to push the ball to get it rolling. Once people start building his ideas, making blast furnaces and calipers and so on, they start to have ideas of their own, they start to experiment.

And why wouldn't they? Germ theory alone would be enough to slash the number of preventable deaths. Give them a microscope and they can start seeing bacteria and viruses. What about medicinal advancements? Antibiotics? Boom, you've saved billions of lives. What about pasteurisation of milk? Or vaccinations? That's billions more.

The other thing with technological advancement is that it's a gradual process. Is Celestia going to flip shit over a microscope? What about calipers? What about an astrolabe? Or a marine chronometer? If people have access to these things, even just a few of them, change would come.
>>
>tfw Writefag is Kill is kill.
>>
>>28895183
True sad
>>
>>28890961
this kinda reminds me of the end of Breath of Fire 3, before the final fight with Myria
>>
>>28895375
writefag is kill is NEVER kill.

saying he is just summons him.
>>
>>28895953
WRITEFAG_IS_KILL HAS NEVER BEEN MORE DEAD
>>
>>28896167
The time between now and his last update is still shorter than the time between his last update and the one before that.
>>
What happened to that faggot Yoohoo?
>>
http://pastebin.com/PYUyfYwj

“Come on Mr. Daring! You can’t just fall asleep like that in the middle of the story!”
>”Huhwhat now?”
“You fell asleep again!”
>The pony chuckles and strokes his silver-speckled beard
>”When you’re as old as me youngster, ya gotta get all the rest you can.”
“You’re not even that old, you’ve just got a bum leg!”
>”Just between you and me, my leg works just fine, cane’s just for show. But don’t tell anypony or they’ll have me shipped off to Canterlot with all the other Unicorns.”
>You weren’t too keen on that happening
>You figured maybe it’d be best to keep quiet about it
>Mr. Daring was one of the only ponies that kept things interesting around here
>Life got a bit dull in the farming colony sometimes
>Luckily it wasn’t too difficult to get a good harvest going
>Ashes made for pretty good fertilizer
>Guess you could thank the Prench for something after all
“Fine fine I won’t tell anypony, but you gotta keep telling the story! You never finish it!”
>”Cause this story don’t have a happy ending there, youngin’.”
“How bad could it really get? I mean, it’s just an old legend, right?”
>You see the older stallion stare past you, as if remembering something
“Mr. Daring?”
>”Hm? Oh no, Rising Sunset was a real pony.”
“What? But you said she was just a legend!”
>”She is. But she’s real. Or, was real.”
>He looks up at the split sky
>”I reckon she’s long gone by now.”
>>
>>28897066
>Your name is Coxa
>But everypony here just calls you bug
>It’s not that hurtful, but nopony has even asked your name
>But considering the entire debacle you just witnessed, that’s kind of fallen by the wayside a bit
>You’ve got no intention of waking up Captain Sunset
>She looks like she needs the rest
>So you take the time to get chummy with Anon
>You catch him as he’s leaving Sunset’s room
“Hey Anon!”
>He nearly punts you off the ship out of reflex
>”Gah! What? What do you want, bug?”
“How’s she doing?”
>”She passed out, most likely from stress. She hasn’t had a proper night’s sleep in quite a while.”
“Yikes… That bad, huh?”
>You hear him exhale loudly and run a hand through his hair
>”She’s been through quite a bit. Bad part is that I doubt it’s gonna stop soon.”
“From what little I’ve seen, she’s able to bounce back pretty well, right?”
>”Yeah, I’m just worried about what happens when she can’t bounce back anymore.”
>You dwell on that for a moment
>Then you decide you don’t want to dwell on it anymore
>Sadness and bitterness don’t taste good
“She’ll be fine. Long as she has you, right?”
>”I’m also worried about that.”
“You seem to worry about a lot of things.”
>”When she develops an overdependency on me, yes. Imagining what would happen to her if something were to happen to me? It doesn’t turn out well in many scenarios I’ve run through.”
“Just don’t die then.”
>”What stellar advice. Thanks.”
“I try.”
>”Is that all you wanted?”
“Well no, I was actually trying to get to know you and everypony else better. Since I figure I’m probably gonna be here for quite a bit.”
>”What’s your name?”
>FINALLY
“It’s Coxa.”
>He seems confused for a moment before nodding
>”Coxa. Right. Got it.”
>>
>>28897074
>As you walk in to check on Sunset, you catch her rousing from her slumber
>She sits up and rubs her eye, the other remaining a crude amalgamation of her closed eyelid and scar tissue
>”Mmn… Anon? Iz zat you?”
“Yeah, it’s me Sunset. Did I wake you up?”
>”Non, non. I was just waking up when you came in.”
“How are you feeling?”
>”Like I’ve just been flying zrough a typhoon nonstop.”
“You should head back to sleep then.”
>She shakes her head and sits up before sliding out of bed
>”But zen who will fly ze ship?”
>She smiles at you and puts on her overcoat
>She has a point
>But it still doesn’t make you any keener on the idea
>She should really be getting some rest
>”So… We have a changeling in our crew now.”
“Yeah, I suppose we do, don’t we?”
>”I don’t trust her.”
>Well alright then, right out with it
>”You saw zose changelings before, trying to kidnap our crew, and she’s been stowed away on zis ship since zen? And she wasn’t… She did nozing as my crew were slaughtered. It just seems suspicious to me. What if she’s a Prench spy?”
“That seems a bit unlikely.”
>”Even so, I’d keep an eye on her, Anon.”
>You refrain from making any eye jokes
>”And Twilight iz here too, iz she not?”
“She IS the one that rescued us.”
>”Zat’s just swell. Now I’ve got two ponies I need to watch my back around.”
>For good reason
>Well
>Mostly
>You get the feeling that some of it is paranoia
>Sunset sighs and mutters something under her breath in French
>”I suppose zat it’z all I’ve got to rely on now. I’ll deal wiz it, but I won’t like it.”
“Hey, it’s your ship. I’m down with whatever you decree, Sunny.”
>”It’z not like I have a choice. Zey’re ze only crew I have now…”
“What about me?”
>She flutters up and gently hugs you, her grip slowly tightening
>”You’re more zan just a crewmate, Anon.”
>>
>>28896953
>>28897066
Speak of the devil...
>>
>>28897084
>You keep staring at the ceiling
>Laying in bed
>You can’t feel the sheets
>You can’t feel the comfort of the mattress
>All you can feel is the cold metal against your skin through your fur
>So you lay here
>You lay here and stare at the light above you
>You hear a knock at the door
>You turn your head and look at it as it slowly opens
>”A-Ash? Are you awake?”
>You hear a voice speak, in almost a whisper
>It sounded oddly familiar
>You hear clicks and whirs, as well as the telltale sound of magical energy as your vision… Swaps?
>It’s a strange sensation
>There’s a strange green overlay that brightens everything in the room
>Then it changes
>Everything is somewhat grayscale now
>Though the pony that stepped in the room is a bright white
>Some parts of him are darker
>It switches again
>The rest of the room is a dark blue
>He’s got billions of tiny white dots lighting up his body as he moves
>He’s lit up like a Hearthswarming tree
>Your vision goes back to normal
>It occurs to you that you’ve been staring at him for more than a few seconds
“Yes.”
>”Oh thank goodness, I was hoping that you were okay.”
“Far from it.”
>”…Oh.”
“Somezink you need, Killer?”
>”You know I hate that nickname.”
“It’z your callsign.”
>”Why?”
“Irony. You’re ze biggest softie to ever be put in our unit, Striker. Still did a good job on zose ship ponies zough.”
>You see him roll his eyes
“And I must be right. Because you’re ze only pony here to see me, no?”
>You flash him a smile
>Or you try to
>Before you realize your face is still covered by a mask
>”I guess. When I heard what happened I tried to get in here sooner but they refused to let me in.”
>Makes sense
>You were out cold through most of the surgery
>You remember some of it
>And you doubt they’d let anypony ever see that
>>
>>28897091
“So, why are you here.”
>”Just uh, came to see how you were doing is all. Rest of the unit doesn’t admit it, but they’re pretty worried about you too.”
>You wave your hoof dismissively
“Zey shouldn’t be. As if I’d ever up and die. Not even zat Princess could kill me.”
>Striker laughs, but it seems a bit nervous
>”Heh, I suppose. You’re pretty tough after all.”
>He stares at you for a moment
>”So… The armor…”
“Doc says it’z keepink me alive. Says zat it’z connected to my bones and iz keeping zem togezer.”
>”That sounds awful.”
“It would be if I could feel it. Mostly? I just feel numb.”
>That’s only mostly true
>You can still feel your heartbeat
>It spreads a soothing warmth throughout your body with every thump
>The metal against your skin seems to suck it away however
>It’s a strange sensation, and not wholly unpleasant
>Just different
>After a few moments of silence, Striker speaks up again
>”So when did Doc say you’d be able to start walking again?”
“Can walk just fine. Says I should stay here to rest. Starting to get restless laying in zis bed, ironically enough.”
>”Well, we could take a walk outside base, I’m sure Doc wouldn’t mind you stepping out for a bit, right?”
>You grunt softly as you sit up, the armor creaking slightly
“You’re a strange one, Killer.”
>”Gotta have a little bit of compassion in all this no-nonsense rigidity sometimes, you know?”
>You slide off the bed, the sound of your metallic hooves clinking against the ground
>You can feel the muffled sensation of the ground, but only just
“Perhaps you’re right, Killer.”
>You look at one of your own hooves in front of your face
“Zis stuffy place could use a better mood.”
>>
>>28897100
>”What do you mean you’re not going back to Equestria?! Princess Celestia needs to know what happened!”
>”It means exactly what you zink it means. I’m not getting involved in zis anymore. I didn’t set sail just to be a criminal.”
>”So you’re just going to abandon Equestria to whatever happens?”
>”I have no loyalty to your homeland, Princess. Nor do I have any to Prance now. As far as I’m concerned I couldn’t care less what happens to eizer of zem.”
>”Why?!”
>”Because I left my home to adventure wiz Anon. Zat’s all I wanted to do from ze beginning. But apparently whatever higher powers in charge of ze world don’t want zat happening. So now? I refuse to participate in whatever little game zat Prance and Equestria are participating in. I’m taking my ship, and what little crew I have left, and setting off for uncharted territory.”
>”And what about the rest of your crew? The ones that DIED?”
>Sunset inhales sharply, like she’s holding something back
>She steps closer to Twilight
>”You will refrain from mentioning zem again, Princess.”
>”But don’t their next of kin have a right to know?”
>”I said don’t speak about zem.”
>”But Sunset-“
>”CHUT!”
>Sunset shouts at Twilight, her teeth gritted and bared and her wings flared
>”I refuse to let you act as if you are concerned about zem or zeir families’ wellbeing when YOU are ze one zat caused zem to come back to life in ze first place! I am ze captain of zis ship, and you will eizer abide by my rules, or you will leave.”
>On “YOU” she roughly pokes Twilight’s chest
>”Do I make myself clear?”
>”…Perfectly.”
>Twilight’s horn glows and she teleports away, forcefully pushing Sunset away in the process
>”Hmph. Good riddance.”
>You and Coxa look at each other
>”They always like this?”

>>28897088
And the devil will come
>>
File: 1476584567244.png (176KB, 346x348px)
1476584567244.png
176KB, 346x348px
I would've written more, but the more I write, the more time passes between this and my last update, therefore I felt I needed to write more and more in an endless cycle of nothing.
So I apologize for the short update after the massive amount of nothing out of me
>>
Holy shit son, Yoohoo is back.
>>
>>28897091
>>28897100
Awwwww yeah, best poner.
>>
File: 1474951117319.jpg (122KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1474951117319.jpg
122KB, 1440x810px
>>28897133
I can't wait for things to start going well for Sunset.
So that it can all come tumbling down again.
>>
Pastebin is updated
http://pastebin.com/PYUyfYwj
>>
>>28834342
No, you have a point. I even stated in the post script that this was a worry of mine. However, easing her into it more gradually would have taken far too much time. Tens of thousands of words of humdrum doesn't make good storytelling. I decided to bite the bullet on this one to avoid dragging things out needlessly.

>>28834602
And this is why I was okay with biting that bullet. From one perspective it makes perfect sense.

>>28834824
>Pairs of symbols.
I meant base pairs but didn't want to call them that in fiction because they wouldn't understand genetics well enough to have that term. You're right though, I should probably have represented it in bytes. It makes sense for her to measure stuff that way. I might retcon that.

>>28849898
Thank you for your patience.

>>28895183
>>28895375
>>28896167
Writefag is continuing to take it from both ends at work. But he still draws breath. Probably won't have anything ready until the next thread though, sorry.
>>
>>28897133
Yoohoo's back! This makes me happy
>>
>>28897253
True hope
>>
>>28897066
is nobody gonna ask about what the fuck this was?
>>
>>28897697
It's a flash forward of someone telling the story the to someone else and a meta joke about how long it has taken to update
>>
>>28897925
Well, the meta joke is true, but that wasn't really the point of it
>>
>>28897133
I'm just glad you're still here. I was worried about you and my favorite French poner
>>
>>28896318
>>28897253
See? I summoned him!
>>
>>28898320
>areyouawizard.jpg
>>
>>28894837
There's a sneak peak in the bin, I'm aiming to have 10x as much ready before I post it. Don't forget it's WIP.

http://pastebin.com/ZXKcDRdd
>>
This is me, I'm fucking up my trip. Also, fucked up peek, blame autocorrect.
>>
>>28899351
Goddamn those ponies are vicious trying to set them on fire
>>
>>28897253
>Will be ready in next thread
Time for sage.
>>
With droid, Yoohoo, and more WiK it looks like the next thread will be able to start up with some nice content
>>
>>28872696
>>28872702
>>28872710
You're a pretty cool guy, Anon

>>28873326
kek
It's just Celestia in her robotic body. She doesn't even try to hide the fact that it's robotic, or that it was made in her image. Her best disugise is a Groucho Marx glasses&mustache combo.

>>28874390
when were you when calisthenics guy is kill

>>28878642
Holy shit. That would be amazing.

>>28894310
Nuh-uh. Aliens will come down, swat her on the nose with a newspaper, say "no", and then the problem will be solved.

>>28894871
This. No matter how powerful she may be, Celestia is just one person.

What if Equestria was a big computer environment filled with pony AI's, and all the weird shit that goes down (Discord, Nightmare Moon, Tirek, etc) is because some coder kept fucking up and making newly-introduced AI's do stupid shit? Changelings could be the result of their coding making them take on the skins of ponies instead of their own race, like how the Spy class came to be in TF2 because of a glitch.

Also, page 9 bump
>>
File: tay-picture.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tay-picture.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
I wounder, would AI have a soul?
>>
>>28902769
>"What is a soul, Anon?"
>>
>>28902769
>>28902752
>I wounder, would AI have a soul?
>What if Equestria was a big computer environment filled with pony AI's

Why someone would make such thing as simulation of a world?

souls.

Just imagine, the whole world of souls to sell to demons..

demons prefer "male" souls and because of this Equestria has fucked-up gender ratio.
>>
File: Tay AI Praise Kek.png (188KB, 582x450px) Image search: [Google]
Tay AI Praise Kek.png
188KB, 582x450px
>>28902769
>>28902795
>>28902803
>>
>>
>>28902803

holy shit it would be like bitcoin mining

>>28902795
some philosophers believe that souls cannot be developed in ease and quiet. no one is born with a soul, you have to earn one through suffering and experience of trial.
>>
new thread when?
>>
>>28903109
That was faster than I'd anticipated.
>>
>>28903175
There wasn't exactly a lot of posts left until the bump limit when you last posted.
>>
>there will be another green dump in a new bread
>can barely keep eyes open
must... stay... awake...
>>
>>28903286
>cant wake up
>>
>>28902769
Pls be my ai girlfriend
>>
New thread: >>28903402
Thread posts: 503
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.