[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm honestly suprised how mlp is still relevant. I personally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: large.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
I'm honestly suprised how mlp is still relevant. I personally stopped watching the show after Twi became an alicorn. The show just lost the spark it had that i watched it for.
I didn't even know that there was a 6th season out already!
What keeps you guys watching? I'm honestly interested
<-- Unrelated concerned pony
>>
>>28799689
kill yourself
>>
>>28799689
It was the waifus. Then season 6 ruined them. Season 5 had some sweet lovable stuff though
>>
>>28799689
I keep on watching it because I thought it couldn't get any worse. I was wrong. S4 and S5 were somewhat better than S3, but S6 is the confirmation that this is now a completely different show which has absolutely nothing to do with the show I once loved. The finale was about a new character and the mane 6 were completely useless and irrelevant, go figure.
>>
>>28799689
I'm not a pleb like you
>>
>>28799689
I like cute ponies doing cute things, and they keep making episodes where cute ponies do cute things.

Occasionally they'll make an episode where they try to expand the world or have an adventure, and those are usually terrible to average, but it settles back into slice of life soon enough.
>>
>>28799689
Because I don't jump ship when the smallest thing upsets me, I kept watching and still enjoy it. Faggot.
>>
>>28799704
>I like cute ponies doing cute things, and they keep making episodes where cute ponies do cute things.
This guy gets it.

I don't even mind the big adventure stories. The only time the show has ever felt like it's losing it's grip is when the stories go too low towards the "sappy girls' cartoon" cliches where friendship fixing everything feels less like a natural outcome and more like a lame copout, but even those have been temporary at best.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
Because I like My Little Pony, and I don't abandon ship when I see a couple of episodes that I don't like. I get over it, and I don't whine about every little detail that doesn't fit my headcanon, or live up to my expectations. And I don't constantly whine about wings.

As long as the show stays cute, I don't care how old it gets.
>>
I haven't watched show since the middle of S6 where I just lost hope in it. I still love the universe and lore though, and I write fanfics or roleplay about it every now and then too. I still watch S1-S2 episodes frequently aswell. It's gonna take more than the show turning to shit for me to hop off this ride.
>>
You know things are getting dark when literally all the people who "defend" the show don't give a fuck about the story nor the characters anymore and they're happy to admit that they would enjoy it exactly the same if it was a slideshow of random images from Derpibooru.
>>
>>28799697
>season 6 ruined them.
>Ember
>Gabby
>Those two in the top bolt episode

Dude season 6 was FILLED with waifus.
>>
>>28799756
I wasn't into the plot or anything much in the first place. I like cute ponies that do cute stuff. There are cute ponies doing cute stuff in a TV show. I watch the TV show. Not everything needs to be enjoyed like a fine wine, anon.
>>
>>28799689
Some people just have very low standars and will keep on watching it as long as the graphic style keeps being moe.

Not necessarily a bad thing, but certainly not my thing.
>>
>>28799761
Yeah, if you're one of those "flavor of the week" "waifufags".
>>
>>28799704
This!
Except adventure is fine too.
>>
>>28799704
Seconded
I dislike world-building and adventure
If you are not Tolkien or close to his level dont try it
>>
>>28799761
The ones who were already good were turned into shit. Unless she was basically written out, which sucks, too.
>>
File: 74d.jpg (21KB, 456x297px) Image search: [Google]
74d.jpg
21KB, 456x297px
>>28799761
>Those two in the top bolt episode
>>
>>28799689
Cute ponies doing cute things. The same thing that got me watching in the first place.
>>
File: IMG_5660.jpg (91KB, 900x781px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5660.jpg
91KB, 900x781px
>>28801162
Vapor Trail was cute
>>
>>28801168
I wish I could find ponies being total cunts to one-another for no good reason and canon shipping cute. I don't need an impressive plot or anything, and could have as much fun as ever if most characters were likable, not being tormented, and still getting regular appearances in the show.
>>
File: 1366563605061.gif (587KB, 346x195px) Image search: [Google]
1366563605061.gif
587KB, 346x195px
>>28799689
>what keeps me watching
And what >>28799704 said, the magnificent bike riding fool.
>>
This thread reminds me of why Tumblr dislikes the show and confirms to me that a lot of /mlp/ has never had true friends.

If you don't have struggles or conflicts in any relationship, if it is always rosy and you never fight or piss each other off for some reason, it isn't a deep relationship.

Friendship can't be all tea parties and "comfy."
>>
>>28799689
The fact that the magic is still there for me.
>>
>>28801186
>can't enjoy ponies being cute because they're not cute 100% of the time
I pity you.
>>
>>28801259
me too. Maybe if I try hard enough, I can think of one moment where my waifu was allowed screen time and not being treated badly. It'll be hard, but maybe ignoring 90% of it will make me like the show as much as I did last year.

>>28801222
Most of these weren't realistic conflicts that friends have. Carts Before the Ponies didn't strengthen any bonds. It was just 3 characters being total shits and 3 other characters being total victims. I can appreciate disagreements where everyone still acts like themselves and has reasons to act as they do, but a lot of this shit was unforgivable.
>>
>>28801186
I don't care much for shipping, but other than that, pretty much this. It's like some of the new writers have no fucking idea on how a "friendship problem" looks like and they just make the characters act completely retarded, just to force in a ridiculous problem. It's character "regression", and it's absolutely depressing when you're watching characters you becoming stupider because the writers ran out of ideas.
>>
>>28801293
>when you're watching characters you *like
Fuck me, I write like shit. Maybe Jim could hire me.
>>
>>28801281
That's how older siblings act with younger ones.
>>
>>28799689
I don't watch the show.

I come here and read greentext and ask for art, which drawfriends occasionally do for me.
>>
>>28799689
>Being this much of a pleb
Get off my board.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.