[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writefags' Guild

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 386
Thread images: 134

Let’s get hypothetical.

You’re a writer who’s been going at it for a bit now. You really enjoy what you do and put your blood, sweat, and tears into each story. One day, you decide to post it in a random thread to get some feedback.

Just one problem: no takers.
You wonder if you should even bother writing; you decide to quit and move on to something else.

If that story applies to you, then hold your horses. If all you wanted was feedback, to improve your writing skills a bit, or maybe just see how others do it, then you’ve come to the right place. There are a few rules, however:

>Posting the story directly in the thread is preferred over a link to Pastebin, FiMFiction, etc.

>One story at a time.

>Don’t be a dick or asshole when reading or critiquing.

>All stories posted within the thread must be pre-written.

This thread’s purpose is to encourage writefags all over /mlp/ to write. We’re laid back here. Post what you want as long as it’s pone related. We’re not all “STOREEEYS ONLY!” We discuss topics such as writing techniques, interesting tropes, and bring forth story ideas. Let’s have fun.
>>
>>28789791
Tips and links:

Things you should know about before writing clop:
Vhatug’s tips for anatomically correct clop and squash soup:
http://pastebin.com/g4VpEg4f

http://www.literotica.com/s/erotic-synonyms (Because using dick, balls, and pussy just isn’t enough to get the reader off. Remember, the reader cums first.)
Had to. Puns are awesome.

Things you should know about writing:
Clever’s Tips on How to Write Short Stories: http://pastebin.com/GGBkxi7e
How to into writing: http://pastebin.com/V1ujiyJt
Writing rules from Navarone: http://pastebin.com/bnMmZ2T3
Ezn’s Guite to writing Fanfiction: http://eznguide.neocities.org/
Writing Book for beginners: https://mega.co.nz/#F!pwo21SKA!dljqCUmOhkwLX3x9_ApEgQ
Help for creating OC characters: http://www.dawnsomewhere.com/ocguide/

A few authors from different threads should you seek inspiration from their stories:
Flutterrape general’s writers: http://pastebin.com/eG8iY7Wy
Active AiE general writers: http://pastebin.com/mVG33ERX
PiE general’s writers: http://pastebin.com/Mgd0QuNy

>“How do I cure my writer’s block?”
Magic.
>“FUCK YOU ANSWER THE QUESTION!”
There’s no one way to cure it, but, if you can’t write, you may as well read stories. There’s more to writing than writing; there’s reading too, and that helps. Check some of the links above.
Try the following (keep in mind this won’t work for everyone):
-Figure out when it’s the best time for you to write.
-Fap then write*.
-Write anyway, and allow yourself to write shitty stories. More often than not, the block is the fear of it being bad. That’s what editing is for.
-Seriously, drink coffee. It’s a writer’s best friend.
-Listen to music while writing.

*Unless you’re writing clop, then listen to your boner.
>>
>>28789797
Here’s some new stuff that didn’t fit in the second post.

A couple writing podcasts:
http://www.writingexcuses.com/
http://typehammer.com/podcast/

An archive of how to write pretty much anything:
https://curiosityquills.com/limyaael/

An idea generator:
http://writers-den.pantomimepony.co.uk/writers-first-lines.php

A worldbuilding forum:
http://worldbuilding.stackexchange.com/
>>
If I was writing a green with a much darker story/content, would a pony cussing be out of the realm of possibilities? Would that be too edgy?
>>
>>28790421
I wouldn't mind it personally, but I could see them cussing as a means of putting emphasis on how they're feeling.

Words like, "damn" or "shit" I can see in casual conversations however
>>
>>28790421
swears are fine if you don't get retarded with them.
>>
>>28790421

If appropriate, sure. I mean, ridiculous epithets fit nonsensical or comedic scenes. A smattering of mild cursing can add grit to a darker setting.
>>
>Tucking your hooves to your chest you barrel out of the sky, splitting the smoke tainted skyline with a trail of pure energy, desperately trying to latch itself on to your speeding form.
>That familiar feeling swelled in your chest as you ram head first into the dark soldier below you, landing on his chest, driving him into the floor beneath your hooves.
>A thick cloud of dust hangs in the air around you, stirred up by your landing and held aloft by the sudden deafening silence.
>Pausing a moment to survey your surroundings, your wild eyes can see nothing more than an endless sea of combatants, each dropping their looks of sudden surprise, replaced by trademark mask of a soldiers stoicism.
>Giving them no more time to mount a defense, you rocket forward, each of your muscles spurring to life as you propel yourself through the air.
>Your first target hastily thrusts his spear forward in a panic but you easily avoid it, the smooth wood passing through your mane, opening a window to shoot your hoof forward.
>The hard nail contacts perfectly along his jawline, jutting harshly to the side as the small warrior crumples to the floor.
>Wasting no time, you spin mid-air, bucking off his chest in the direction of the next hopelessly outmatched troop, ramming your shoulder into his midsection.
>Blazing from each horrible monster to the next, your mind is abundantly clear as a wayward spear glides across your sullied coat, a warm, red liquid pouring onto your skin.
>You never feel more at peace, your mind is never more clear than at this moment, the type where it is a crime to give any less than all you have just as every other pony out here is doing, punishable by death.
>A raging battle has started on all sides, engulfing you and your friends in the heat of combat.
>Despite the utter chaos surrounding you, everything is laid out so clearly, the most beautiful sight you know.
>Fight.
>Fight to survive, or be cut down like the rest.
>>
>>28791511
>It's the only commandment out here, and in times like these it repeats itself in your head, like a mantra.
>You had long since lost your sword, and the piercing complaints creeping into your body from each of your tired muscles were drowned out by an all consuming roar, never ceasing its constant yell in your chest as you lay waste to all those before you.
>A powerful bark of squad movements sounds off to your side, but you know the sheer confusion you're raising is too much for anyone to focus their mind on commands.
>You split right through the middle of the formation, parting the sea of enemies with your raw power.
>To your surprise, a small band of armored spearmen manage to mount a defense, forming a formidable wall of sharpened metal before you.
>Your mind is too far gone to come up with a plan of attack, all you can come up with is a scream of pure rage as you spin midair, curling into a tight ball.
>Through sheer luck and determination, you pass under the spears with ease, clashing into the wall of flesh like a cannon ball.
>You can feel the bones shatter as they buckle under your force, no longer able to hold the weakened warriors on their hooves.
>Rolling to a stop, you effortlessly pop up on your hooves in an offensive stance, small cuts all over your body caked with dust.
>Your eyes resemble those of a wild beast, and the hot breaths rolling out of your nostrils compliment that look.
>Taking another split second to survey your surroundings you now see the crater of space you've created, once filled with marching hooves, now empty.
>Each pony/bug hybrid before you stares anxiously, slowly creeping forward, swords gripped tightly in hooves.
>With not a second to spare, you shoot forward to the formation, eager for the challenge.
>You don't clear anymore than five yards when you're suddenly flung back, uncontrollably spun through the air before coming to a sudden stop against the ground.
>>
>>28791521
>A sharp pain tears through your spine as you struggle to your hooves, willing your body to its stance.
>Peering through the thick frame of your helmet to determine what sort of thing could've flung you back with such force, the creature you spot fills your heart with it's first pang of fear.
>It was a beast of massive proportions, standing upright at least seven hooves above you, brandishing a rudimentary club the size of a siege engine.
>It's lanky, thin limbs seemed to wrap around the entire battlefield, just seeing them you were feeling claustrophobic.
>It wore no armor, the roaming clouds of dust rolling across its bare, pale white skin.
>The wind seemed to agitate it however, each strong gust of wind blowing through causing it to cover its face.
>The tiny soldiers beneath its feet cleared a large birth, seemingly unnerved by this demonic creature.
>All except for a rather brave soldier, pulling the retched beast by a chain wrapped firmly around its neck.
>As soon as the miserable creature spotted you, it let out a terrifying cackle, echoing over the distant sounds of mashing steel.
>"3iT iT 1GÀ 15%Ì ww#Ì q5^ÌÀ 99C9C9C9C9C9C`CÁ"
>The beast's handler stared up at the creature, pulling off his mask and flashing a stunning smile.
>"Yes, that's it. One tiny pony! Look at how puny she is, no match for the great Gronbalgon! Now, go get her!"
>Grinning at you the brute wastes no time speaking further, swinging his heavy club with surprising quickness, leaving a half-hoof crater where you once stood, giving you almost no time to leap out of its crushing impact.
>Performing a quick roll you narrowly avoid a follow up swing, the wind from the blow grazing across your back, reminding you how close you were to being caught under that heavy stone.
>"That speed! Shit, I need to make a move fast, I can't keep dodging like this."
>>
>>28791534
>You survey its movements amongst your quick footwork, looking for the right opportunity to strike.
>The massive brute peels its club from the floor slowly, leaving a engulfing hole in the dirt.
>Your eyes light up, your mind spurring to life as you analyze the beast's movements.
>"There! It takes too long to pull it's weapon from the floor. I think I can get to it by the time it readies another swing."
>You're running full speed in circles around it's giant feet now, desperately trying to avoid the boulder being thrown around like it weighs nothing.
>Cheering from all sides reminds you of the raving army to every side, eagerly awaiting your seemingly imminent death.
>"Now Gronbalgon, you've got her on the run!"
>"After only two swings? It really is unbeatable!"
>You can only smirk in response, readying yourself for the next blow.
>The beast rears it's club above it's head, the bludgeon teetering in the air.
>"Ha, I've got him now. As soon as he sw-"
>The massive club swings behind it's back, arching high behind it in a windmill-esk movement.
>Surprised, you attempt to leap out of the way, but the gargantuan boulder clips your back legs, sending you spinning through the air.
>You can barely make out the world around you as you spin without stop, any noises drowned out by the roaring from the crowds below.
>Your hindlegs are definitely broken, the force of that swing was too strong even for them.
>By the time you stop spinning you're already making a descent to the monster below, spiraling for its open palm, your death.
>Catching your barings, you tuck your limbs in tightly against your body, the wind easily passing into your helmet as you plummet through the tainted heavens to the danger that awaits you.
>Nearing your target, you glide through his fingers with ease, sticking out your hooves and landing less than gracefully on it's forehead.
>>
>>28791549
>A small yelp escapes your lips as a jarring pain travels through your body, reminding you of the overwhelming reality of the situation.
>There was no way you could make it out of this alive.
>You can't run on these legs, and you can't fly away with the skies being as clogged with pegusi as they are.
>You were going to die here, but it didn't fill you with the insurmountable fear that it would most.
>Instead, you were angry. Unbelievably angry.
>You were going to die, and this monster below you was going to be the one to finish you.
>Something primal worms its way into your brain, everyother thought spilling out leaving the one, pressing command pulsing through your brain.
>Survive.
>You attempt to voice your rage, but the only thing that comes out is an ear splitting roar, causing even the troops on the floor to take several steps back.
>Your vision turns pure red as you lay into the creature you stand on, wildly slamming your hoof into it's flittering eye.
>It lets out a low growl, shaking its head feverishly as you hang on for dear life.
>You fall off its forehead, dangling from your hoof lodged firmly in it's eye.
>It attempts to grab your other hoof and pull you away, but you chomp down on it's eye lid, the salty taste of blood invading your tongue as it bellows out another roar.
>It drops to it's knees in pain, eventually flopping on it's back as tears stream out of it's now destroyed eye.
>Sensing your opportunity, you rip your hoof from it's eye, a trail of slime connecting your forearm to the damaged slit as you swiftly tear off your helmet.
>You scramble down it's face, hopping down to it's throat while it howls in a frenzy.
>Gripping the helmet in both hooves, you thrust the pointed tip into the rough skin, letting out a beastly grunt as the blood begins to pour.
>You rip the helmet away before swiftly thrusting it back in the red void, hysterically stabbing away as your instincts guide your movements.
>>
>>28791558
>The vital red fluid spurts out rapidly, coating your once golden armor in the life giving liquid.
>Once the intended area is completely obscured by the red coating and the mass of flesh below you ceases movement, you toss your blood stained helmet to the floor, letting out a deep sigh as the adrenaline slowly fades from your body.
>Turning around, you slowly slide off the giant's body, hopping on to the floor.
>Your hooves contact the floor, the entire crowd looking on in anxious anticipation.
>You rear back on your hindlegs, the blood dripping from your body in a terrifying fashion.
"Well!? Who's next!? Who wants a piece of Rainbow Dash!?"
>Holding your arms out in a cocky stance, you take a single step foreword before promptly collapsing, your vision fading as the dirt becomes your pillow.

Rate how you will, if you choose to do so.
>>
first bump of the new thread
>>
How do you guys feel about things like poems and songs as a part of stories (not necessarily greens)?
Personally, I really like when a writer puts in that kind of effort into his world building.
>>
>>28792933
I like it when writers try to do something extra. It makes the story feel authentic, and not like it's trying to fill out the checklist.
>>
>>28790421
Depends on how well it's used. What I'm about to say is true for all words, but when thinking about swearing, it becomes more obvious.

Words have meaning, and they convey more than just the character's thoughts. They can convey emotion, history, attitude, and personality. If you ask me, the best way to do it is tailor swears to your characters. Like a starting question could be: would this person swear in front of their parents?

In a way, swears are sort of like big words in that you can easily tell when a writer is using them to inform the reader about characters, and when the writer's using them to make themselves look mature.

And like I said, you should take care to think about all the words your characters say, but their use of swears is the obvious place where things can go wrong.
>>
File: rarara.jpg (31KB, 640x397px) Image search: [Google]
rarara.jpg
31KB, 640x397px
>>28792373
>>28793919
>>28795040
>>28796152
>>28796932
>>28797483
>>28798484
>>
File: 2spooky4twilight.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
2spooky4twilight.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>28798522
>>
File: thisismylifenow.png (25KB, 371x159px) Image search: [Google]
thisismylifenow.png
25KB, 371x159px
>>28798522
>>
File: Submarine Rarity.png (4MB, 3000x2027px) Image search: [Google]
Submarine Rarity.png
4MB, 3000x2027px
>>28799932
Holy fuck, man.
>>
File: 1464755602494.png (751KB, 1612x1607px) Image search: [Google]
1464755602494.png
751KB, 1612x1607px
>>28799952
Such is life for the late night euro.
>>
File: Luna, Protector of Dreams.jpg (174KB, 1920x1029px) Image search: [Google]
Luna, Protector of Dreams.jpg
174KB, 1920x1029px
>>28799956
I feel you, Luna-fag.
>>
File: 1475012731812.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475012731812.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>28799969
Not even, but I didn't have an appropriate AJ pic.

Also, to get this thread going again:
How do you juggle multiple writing projects? Do you finish one before you head to the next? Do you have a fixed schedule for when to work on which?
>>
File: 420.png (305KB, 476x568px) Image search: [Google]
420.png
305KB, 476x568px
>>28800029
I just cry until the shit is done, man.

Going to work.
>>
>>28800046
Work hard poner
>>
File: ohboy.png (306KB, 325x604px) Image search: [Google]
ohboy.png
306KB, 325x604px
Oh boy, here I go bumping again.
>>
>all these bumps
>no critiques for the green ITT
bump
>>
>>28799952
lol she's got fart bubbles
>>
>>28800029
I have one major work, and do small shorts to reenergize myself in between.
>>
File: WritefagAtWork.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
WritefagAtWork.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>28791511

>that familiar feeling swelled
+Use swells to maintain tense

>dust held aloft by silence
+You may have lost track of your metaphor here

>Pausing a moment, you survey your surroundings.
+Works better as its own line with the remainder as a seperate sentence.

>Giving them no more time to mount a defense, you rocket forward, each of your muscles spurring to life as you propel yourself through the air.
+Separate into two lines between 'forward' and 'each'. "Each of your muscles spurs to life...etc."

>Your first target hastily thrusts his spear forward in a panic but you easily avoid it, the smooth wood passing through your mane, opening a window to shoot your hoof forward.
+Separate into two lines between 'it' and 'the'. "The smooth wood passes through your mane...etc."

>Wasting no time...etc.
+Double predicate unnecessary. Remove ', bucking off his chest'.

>Blazing from each...etc.
+Clean up prose. Not every noun requires an adjective. i.e. "Blazing from one horror to the next, your mind achieves clarity as you feel a wayward spear sully your coat with warm red." or similar.

>You never feel more...etc.
+Confusing wording, and runs on. "Peace and clarity such as this can only be found in times like these. Everypony gives all they possess and more, knowing that to do less is treason punishable by death." Or similar.

>A raging battle...etc.
+The battle doesn't begin here. It has been ongoing. This is the first mention of 'friends' as of yet and is incongruent with the image of the lone warrior from previous lines. This line could be cut completely.

>It's the only commandment...etc.
+remove last comma.

>You had long since lost...etc.
+End with period after 'sword'. Start new line with the remainder.

>Your mind is too far gone...
+Does battle produce ultimate peaceful clarity, or senseless raging mania?

>Taking another split...etc.
+Not empty, full of the slain or injured.
>>
>Each pony/bug...etc.
+Ponies do not grip with hooves. The tools would either be held in mouth or telekinesis.

>It's lanky, thin limbs...etc.
+Make "Just seeing them makes you feel claustrophobic." its own line.

>It wore no armor...etc.
+You don't need to say 'no armor' and 'bare skin'. Pale and white mean the same thing without additional context. Don't use two adjectives when one will suffice. "Clouds of dust rolled over it's pale, unarmored skin." or similar.

>The wind seemed...etc.
+Split into two lines between 'however' and 'each'

>The tiny soldiers...etc.
+ 'birth' should be 'berth'

>"3iT iT 1GÀ 15%Ì ww#Ì q5^ÌÀ 99C9C9C9C9C9C`CÁ"
+The creature's speech here is superfluous. It draws the reader away from your story in an attempt to see if it can be deciphered. A description of it's horrible speech would be more appropriate.

>You survey its movements...etc.
+ 'footwork' should be 'hoofwork'

>"There! It takes...etc."
+The follow up swing earlier after its first cratering blow is what convinced the character of its speed. Now it is slow to raise its club after a strike.

>You're running ful...etc.
+It was a 'rudimentary club' earlier. Now its a boulder.

>Cheering from all sides...
+You mentioned a pitched battle all around, where did the other fighters go? Why can they suddenly stop and watch?

>"After only two swings...etc"
+First its fast, then too slow, then being thrown around like it weighs nothing, then finally only has been swung twice. This needs editing for consistancy.

>The beast rears...etc.
+The boulder is a club again

>Surprised, you attempt...etc.
+If you are running and a massive boulder clips your legs, you fall and slide, not spin into the air. You seem to be deliberately avoiding descriptions that clarify if the character is flying or not. While it disguises the character's identity a bit, the confusion as to how the scene proceeds is too great.
>>
>Nearing your target...etc.
+Broken limbs, and yet avoids a surprisingly fast and smart monster's grip with barely a try.

>A small yelp... to
>You attempt to voice...etc.
+The monster is very accomodating to allow our hero a moment to consider all of this.

>Sensing your opportuninty...etc.
+forearm should be forehoof

>Turning around... to
>You rear back...etc.
+Broken hindlegs do not allow a bit of this, even in adrenaline induced mania.

>Holding your arms...etc.
+arms should be hooves or forelegs

I like this sequence a lot. It's self contained and spurs the imagination to consider what the bigger picture is. Your imagery is good aside from the confusion over whether she's on the ground or flying at any given moment. The biggest problem I see is inconsistency in lesser details from one line to the next. Once you paint an image within the frame of your story it's difficult to change it without throwing the reader out of her immersion, and it shouldn't be done unless absolutely necessary. A good battle scene is hard to do in >greentext perspective, but it's fairly well done here. Nice job!
>>
File: train.png (224KB, 637x347px) Image search: [Google]
train.png
224KB, 637x347px
>>28789791
Littleguy, did you find the time to take another look at my green? Eager to hear whether I managed to improve on it.
http://pastebin.com/m5yX7GSC
>>
File: No Brakes.gif (856KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
No Brakes.gif
856KB, 720x405px
>>28803604

Choo Choo Motherfucker
>>
>>28800029
I don't do multiple projects. If I'm working on something, and get an idea, it either has to be some one shot I can do in a single sitting, or I put some notes down and save it for later.
>>
>>28804018
clickety clack
>>
>>28803604
I actually lost the link when the thread went down, so I'm glad you came back with it. I'll have a critique for you on Monday.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
Help please!

I read a fim fiction story that was really good but have forgotten the name.
The plot is something like this:

>luna gains control of equestria
>she forces twilight to be her student like with celestia
>twilight is resistant
>lewd

Luna is eventually shown to be caring after humiliating twilight for several chapters. If anyone remembers please reply.
>>
>>28805636
Try asking the fimfiction thread
>>
>>28807091
Ok thank you.
>>
>>28802283
Thanks.
>>
File: Alchemy.jpg (109KB, 449x438px) Image search: [Google]
Alchemy.jpg
109KB, 449x438px
>>28809256
>>
File: 1478180098210.png (127KB, 415x541px) Image search: [Google]
1478180098210.png
127KB, 415x541px
>>28810059
That rock is not the only thing, darling.
>>
>>28810288
Fapman makes me hard too
>>
File: 1475252449089.jpg (40KB, 499x483px) Image search: [Google]
1475252449089.jpg
40KB, 499x483px
>>28810466
Good taste, my man.
>>
>>28802283
I got a critique on my green and who ever did it missed quite a few self explanatory things. Should I take this as a sign that I need to elaborate on these things, or that the reviewer missed them and leave them in? They're a few vital parts of the story, so I don't want to have to change them. Is the green wrong, or the reviewer?
>>
>>28811248
Didn't mean to link your post Rosen.

I could link the green too, but I already got a review so I'm not sure its fair to get a second one.
>>
>>28811248
Without the green in question to give context I can't really give an opinion.
>>
File: What if I.png (156KB, 1349x911px) Image search: [Google]
What if I.png
156KB, 1349x911px
>>28812160
>>
File: bump.gif (2MB, 330x229px) Image search: [Google]
bump.gif
2MB, 330x229px
>>
File: Not Gonna Cum in Myself.jpg (83KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
Not Gonna Cum in Myself.jpg
83KB, 894x894px
>>28810466
>>28813458

IWTCIF

I want to cum inside Fapman
>>
>>28814764
You really didn't have to explain that abbreviation.
>>
>tfw you will never cum inside fapman

why live
>>
File: Bukkake Rarity.gif (908KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Bukkake Rarity.gif
908KB, 640x360px
>>28816672

I'd settle for cumming on Fapman.
>>
>>28816873
I want Fapchan to cum inside me
>>
File: Hey Faggot.jpg (65KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Hey Faggot.jpg
65KB, 640x400px
>>28816925

You would, ya queer. <3
>>
File: FANMADE_Rainbow_Dash_sleep.gif (62KB, 307x200px) Image search: [Google]
FANMADE_Rainbow_Dash_sleep.gif
62KB, 307x200px
Goodnight horse
>>
>>28816933
Wuv you too Fapchan
>>
File: Surrounded.gif (718KB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
Surrounded.gif
718KB, 300x167px
>>28819233

Not quite, Sugarcube.

We are both Polish though, so close?
>>
File: 1467640721417.jpg (140KB, 1024x916px) Image search: [Google]
1467640721417.jpg
140KB, 1024x916px
>>28819271
I dunno, I'd probably let Hawkeye cum inside me too.
>>
>>28820132
>>
>>28821134
>>
File: 1471996375773.png (622KB, 1078x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1471996375773.png
622KB, 1078x1104px
Heyo friends,

Got a concept that could use some kicking about and exploring. Basically just ask me questions about it so I can hammer out a world and pick up interesting ideas to follow for chapters later.

Working title is: "The Travels and Travails of Cinnabar Pie"

Story is about the titular Cinnabar Pie, also known as Cinnamon Pie, who we know these days only in name as Granny Pie/Nana Pie. Born into the stalwart Pie family on the first minute of the first day of spring, she's destined to wander and bring home tales.

Very much inspired by pic related and various themes of gypsy!Ponk, Cinnabar Pie is Pinkie seen at a different wavelength, where exploration and making stories take the place of fun and parties.

Idea is to have chapters being notable parts of her life from filly to Granny, with her finding how to overcome something terrifying (as in S1 premier,) and her discovery of the Mirror Pool, and many more non-canon places that can be cooked up.

Fun, Silly, Serious, Tender. I can see this story having a lot of potential to wander themes. Would appreciate questions and ideas to help nurture this seed.
>>
File: 1468669478439.png (564KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1468669478439.png
564KB, 1600x900px
>>28823138
Definitely sounds interesting.

Do the other Pies play an important role, or is Cinnabar a lone wanderer?
Are you going to write the chapters chronologically or will there be a different kind of thread?

Maybe you could write a little demo, that could give us something to latch on to and pose better questions.
>>
File: 1474892071821.png (1MB, 5314x5699px) Image search: [Google]
1474892071821.png
1MB, 5314x5699px
>>28823709
>Definitely sounds interesting.
Ay, thanks bro.

>Do the other Pies play an important role, or is Cinnabar a lone wanderer?
I think the best answer to that is 'yes'. Given the breadth of time this story can take place in (basically an entire lifetime,) there is certainly a chance other Pie members will play roles of some import. I am already considering Igneous' birth and such, and I think his firm desire to set down roots and not travel will make for a feelsy chapter, especially since he seems the sort who would develop that mindset early in life.
And of course, young Ponk interaction chapters.

>Are you going to write the chapters chronologically or will there be a different kind of thread?
I think fast and loose is best to keep up momentum. Just stories scattered around in time, kind of like how a grandmother might recount her tales- not all in a row, but the best all jumbled up together.

>Maybe you could write a little demo, that could give us something to latch on to and pose better questions.
Good idea. I'll get back to you on that.
>>
I was planning on writing a longer length green, spanning about 75-100 posts. I'm writing the outline now, sketching scenes. How many scenes would I need to write up to reach that length? I dont want to just free form it, but I dont want to run out of points and have to wing it for some portion
>inb4 "just write the story, dont force it to some length"
>>28823138
Sounds like an awesome story, I'd read it. Will the reader know these are all stories of her life time, or will that be revealed at the end? While I hate surprise reveals like that, it might take some of the tension out of the dangerous sections of her life if they know she's telling this story now.
>>
>>28823976
>While I hate surprise reveals like that, it might take some of the tension out of the dangerous sections of her life if they know she's telling this story now.
I hadn't actually thought of that, anon. I intended for it to be known right off that she is Granny Pie, and thinking on it now, it should be alright. I see Cinnabar less as Daring Do and more Littlest Hobo, thought with a certain amount of mixing. Is there a genre for feels-adventure?
>>
What exactly is a SoL story? What does it entail?
>>
>>28824287
>What exactly is a SoL story? What does it entail?
Nothing specific. Doesn't even need to have a main character. Don't need an antagonist or anything if you don't want.

They are like little asides, just a glimpse into a normal day-in-the-life-of-X. It could be feelsy, it could be not. Kind of hard to describe, I guess. Sort of like trying to describe Action-Adventure.

Oh, there we go. opposite of action-adventure.
>>
File: 1471965652264.png (1MB, 1587x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1471965652264.png
1MB, 1587x1600px
>>28824346
>opposite of action-adventure.
but it can include both action and adventure

Oh god Im going to deep
>>
File: 1465501006273.jpg (189KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1465501006273.jpg
189KB, 800x600px
>>28824287
No heavy drama, no heavy action. That's what I'd say makes a SoL.
>>
>>28824375
Hi Rok!
>>28824346
So just day to day stuff? I thought it had to be feelsy. Thanks!
>>
>>28824414
>I thought it had to be feelsy.

It is a great medium for feelsy, but doesn't have to be. Very flexible genre.
>>
File: 67477666.jpg (98KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
67477666.jpg
98KB, 400x400px
>>28824414
>>
>>28824568
It's me, Takumi. I'm in the Hatchi-Roku
>>
>>28824653
Sorry Rok, I don't think any one of us are /mlp/ famous yet. It's just little ol me
>>
File: 1465534622272.png (1MB, 1021x783px) Image search: [Google]
1465534622272.png
1MB, 1021x783px
>>28824744
> I don't think any one of us are /mlp/ famous yet.
One day, my friend, one day.
>>
File: fatcat.png (143KB, 300x234px) Image search: [Google]
fatcat.png
143KB, 300x234px
>>28789797
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!pwo21SKA!dljqCUmOhkwLX3x9_ApEgQ
>>
File: DRAMA.gif (550KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
DRAMA.gif
550KB, 640x360px
>>28824781

Sometimes it's better not to be famous. Well-known tripfags tend to attract drama, deserved or otherwise.
>>
Got any tips on creating pony names? I know the obvious stuff, like it has to be related to the pony's personality/talent/whatever, or should be some kind of play on words where something horse related is inserted, but what is it about some names that make them feel like it's more than just two random words attached together?
>>
>>28826966
I don't always follow those tenets. Think of them as guidelines more than hard rules. A name can be more fitting than another name. Maybe both are good. They both fit. But one fits better. That better fit is a result of creative thinking, and an understanding of the character. Rarity is a seamstress who's special talent is in gem manipulation. Shes not Thimble, or Cross Stitch or Facet or "Glitter Diva" or any other thing. She's Rarity, and it fits her character much better than most other things. For certain characters it's worth the time and effort to seriously sit and hash out your options and really try to find the best one. Of course some times you luck out and hit on it right away. Time and effort, Anon. It works every time.
>>
Ctrl+F NaNoWriMo
>no results

For shame, /mlp/

Last time I was here I found out you guys don't like full sentences. So I won't bother coming back for critique, but as with any *channer I don't have any friends to share this with.

You fags get to read it.

I'm writing in LyX, and exporting to .pdf periodically. So hopefully by December-ish this link will go to a full fledged novella.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgi0wytkqb1pjhp/Roboticized.pdf?dl=0

Have fun reading.
>>
Organized a trade for a drawing, made green as payment. The request was an SoL with DJ poner in it. I just wanna make sure it looks good before posting it.
>The thunderous hoofsteps of the dancing ponies surrounding you matches the sounds coming from the speakers, filling the room with a jumble of noises that all seemed to fit together somehow.
>As the last pump of the speakers echoes through the room, the sudden silence is filled with applause.
>Still feeling amped up from your set, you leap on top of the mix board, rearing on your hindlegs and waving to the crowd and letting out a cheer.
>Giving one final shout, the sea of ponies tiredly scamper off the dance floor, swarming the bar.
>Hopping down from the deck, your horn lights up as you float a rag to your head, wiping away a few lines of sweat.
>It always managed to impressed you just how much of a workout you got doing these shows.
>You slowly clop down the stairs, heading backstage as you search for any kind of drink and the exit, hoping to avoid the manager or that bouncer that doesn't seem to like you.
>You only threw up on him once, what's his deal?
>A few staff members give you a friendly greeting as you trot by, one even going so far as to try and start a conversation with you.
>She should've known better by now though, the second you stepped off the stage and the music stopped, the headphones went on.
>You were back in your own world now, staffing your own show in your mind.
>You flash your winning smile, trotting past the now shrugging pony.
>Not finding that drink you wanted, you make a beeline for the neon exit sign.
>Nearly bumping into several ponies on your way, you're a few steps away from the heavy wooden door when you feel a heavy tap on your shoulder.
>Your slightly damp mane jostles as you turn your head, glancing behind you.
>The club manager stands next to you, grinning as he motions for you to take off your headphones.
>"Hey Vinyl! Great set tonight, the crowd loved you."
>>
>>28829151
>He holds out his hoof, which you eagerly bump with your own.
>"You'd be able to come in tomorrow too, right? We're going to have a big crowd again, it wouldn't be a show without you!"
>Your mind nearly caves in on itself just thinking about another show.
>Your hooves ache from standing all night, all your limbs are sore and your ears still have a faint ringing behind them.
>You lift your hoof and open your mouth to protest, but before you can say anything the managers already pacing away from you, moving on to the next starling set to perform.
>"Thanks Scratch, you're a life saver! See you then!"
>You start to give chase, but quickly give up, not wanting to interrupt his conversation with the next performer.
>Your ears droop down as you let out a quiet groan, poking the floor with your hoof before slowly walking to the door with a somber expression.
>Pushing the back door open, you step out into the frigid night time air, shivering as you start towards home.
>The jacket you had brought to the club had gotten soaked earlier by some mare who had a little too much to drink, leaving your pure white coat bare.
>Your hooves ached below you, each step begging your tired legs for a rest.
>The bright streets of Ponyville bustled around you, full of ponies heading home after a long night of fun.
>You waved at a few passing ponies, offering a few hoof bumps from tired club-goers.
>Slowly the streets emptied as the night went on, leaving yourself alone with the ponies too plastered to find their way home, opting to make a comfy streetlamp their refuge for the night.
>Grimacing at the thought of the long walk ahead of you back home, you turn up the volume on your headphones, tuning out the world around you.
>The thud of the beat against your ears raises your mood slowly, the city becoming brighter through your magenta goggles.
>The streets are totally empty now, save for the lone, wobbly looking stallion sauntering down the sidewalk.
>>
>>28829154
>His eyes light up as he spots you, waving so violently the drink in his hoof nearly tips over.
>"H-Hey! Vinyl!"
>He breaks out into a trot, nearly tripping over his hooves, his drink sloshing around with each step.
>"Vinyl! H-Heeeeey! I saw your show tonight, you were awesome!"
>His breath smelled like he had four too many, and his slurred speech solidified that.
>You politely nod, pumping your hoof in the air.
>"I heard that you were performing again tomorrow, I'll be there then too, we could get a drink after your set. See you!"
>The wobbly stallion continues walking, stumbling into you on shaky legs.
>A large splash of his drink lands on your coat, a large stain decorating the pure white fur.
>"Sorry!"
>He waves furiously as you walk away, tired and now smelling of cheap cider.
>As soon as your house comes into view, a suprising amount of energy floods your legs, tapping into your reserves.
>You trot towards your home, rounding the corner on to the cobble path.
>Climbing the steps, you let out a sigh of relief as the familiar front door comes into view.
>Your horn lights up as you twist the doorknob, pushing the heavy wooden door open.
>The door opens easily, left unlocked for you.
>Peeling your headphones off along with your glasses, you levitate the pile of accessories to the floor, lazily tossing them aside.
>Faint dirt stains appear under each hoofstep on the carpet, forming a trail from you to the door
>Your fading mind can't be bothered to care about any of that as you make a beeline for the nearest thing softer than a streetlap to lay on.
>You flop down on the couch, your entire body rejoicing as your face hits the cushion.
>The cloth feels so much softer on your face than usual, and the smoldering ashes dimly lighting the room only serves to melt your body further into the pillows below you.
>An audible groan escapes your lips as you curl up in a tight ball, finally able to relax.
>>
>>28829159
>Your eyelids feel heavy and your limbs feel numb as you start to drift off into sleep.
>Just before fading off, your eyes shoot open when you hear yelling from the kitchen.
>"Vinyl? Is that you?"
>The familiar voice of your roommate grows louder as she travels through the house, finally reaching the living room.
>"Vinyl! What are you doing? You've made a huge mess, I just cleaned this room an hour ago!"
>You try to protest but can only offer a waving of your hoof and a loud groan.
>"I see. Had a rough night, have we?"
>You pitifully nod your head, struggling to sit up on your tired haunches.
>"Vinyl, you're running yourself ragged with all these shows. You simply must slow down sometime."
>"If you keep making messes like this, we'll have to take on another roommate just to do the cleaning around here."
>The gray pony sits next to you, wrapping her hooves around your shoulders, pulling you into her chest.
>Not needing any further persuasion, you collapse into your friend, nuzzling against her chest fluff.
>You're only halfway in this world when she starts running her hoof through your mane, splitting the matted hair with each stroke.
>"You sleep now, we can clean all this up tomorrow."
>You slide your face down her chest to her hindlegs, nuzzling into them and closing your eyes while she pats your mane.
>Your barely conscious brain can only muster up a few final words before fading off to sleep
"Thanks Tavi, you're the be...."
>A faint chuckle accompanies your snores, the only sounds in the room.
>"Goodnight Vinyl."
>>
>>28829151
>>28829154
>>28829159
>>28829165
Cute/10, no real flaws as far as I'm concerned.
>>
How do I switch character perspectives well? If im writing a story with multiple characters, how do I switch perspectives between characters?
>>
>>28830133
Are you writing in first, second or third person?
>>
>>28830259
Also, I should mention, I'm about to head out for work, but would be glad to answer your question when I get back
>>
>>28830259
First.
>>
How do I go about covering a long distance of time that doesn't actually have anything story worthy in my green? My characters are crossing a large distance, but there's nothing I want to include in that section, so there's nothing to write about.
>>
File: 1478385175356.jpg (39KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1478385175356.jpg
39KB, 700x700px
>>28830382
If there's nothing worth writing about, then don't. Skip right ahead to the next relevant scene. Throw in a few lines to tell the reader why you made the jump and all should be well.
>>
>>28830133
You could start with a line of clearly recognisable dialogue. If your character attaches 'darling' or 'sugarcube' to her line, the reader will understand.
Alternatively, you could have another character in the scene call you by your name.

That's what I'd do, but I'm sure there are more solutions.
>>
If I needed another group of creatures for my characters to meet in a fantasy story, would it be better to create my own creatures, or just re-purpose creatures already in the show?
>>
File: lyrabon.jpg (10KB, 230x220px) Image search: [Google]
lyrabon.jpg
10KB, 230x220px
>>28830801
If you can use creatures from the show, I'd say do so. Your readers are acquainted with those creatures and you know they'll fit in. However, since we're already in a fantasy world, it's not completely necessary and if you know a kind of creature that would fit in better, don't hesitate to use it.

When using existing ones, keep show canon in mind, when using non-canon creatures, remember that they should fit into the world of mlp.
>>
>>28831170
>>28830469
>>28830442
Damn Rok, leave some for the rest of us!
>tfw you're not qualified to answer any of these
>>
>>28831170
I'm working on your critique now, Rok.
>>
>Pain.
>Nothing but pain, filling every facet of your body.
>It's better than the nothingness you expected, each jolt coursing through your limbs painfully reminding you of your viability.
>Everything is still black, your eyes refusing to open, their refusal matching the rest of your body.
>You attempt to shake your limbs, open your lips, anything at all.
>"Shit, I really can't move..."
>Your hear starts beating quicker as you realize your sudden vulnerability, unable to do anything but think.
>Your ears seem to work, the sounds of faint voices growing louder in the darkness.
>"Wait, you can't do this!"
>"The hell I can't! This is an Equestrian army fortress, we have no room to store the likes of her."
>"She's still recovering from massive injuries, did you even see what she did? She's lucky to even be alive now, we must give her time!"
>"I refuse. It's been long enough now. Either she wakes up right this instant, or we cart her down the road and leave her there.
>Your mind is still trying to process this when you feel a dull thud at your side, waves of unbridled pain coursing through your body.
>"Mercenary, wake up."
>A faint tapping begins on your forehead, your eyes slowly peeling open only to be met with the underside of a hoof.
>So far you can only move your head, and you intend to make use of that fact.
"Fuck off."
>This earns you a hearty slap across the face, which you can only growl at.
>You couldn't move anything below the shoulders, but you were already ready to fight this prick somehow.
>You were just about to take a bite out of his hoof when something shoves the voice out of the way.
>"Stop! She's clearly awake, and any more of this treatment will just agitate her wounds!"
>The hoof falls away from your face, your eyes slamming shut as the sunlight pierces through them.
>The pain fades away enough for you to get a look around you before closing them again.
>You were laying on a cloth just outside the castle walls, a thin looking tent over your head.
>>
>>28832984
>There were a few other bodies strewn about around you, each one receiving medical attention, some of the unlucky ones receiving last rites.
>An armor clad stallion stands next to you, sneering down in your face as an all white pony pushes him away.
>"I want her out of here by the end of the day! If she's still here, I'll kill her myself and get this whole thing over with!"
>With a loud huff, the stallion trots off, head held obnoxiously high.
>Your eyes slowly become accustomed to the light as you glance around, trying to gain your bearings.
>The white mare kneels down next to you, gently laying her hooves on your chest.
>"I'm sorry about him, he doesn't think very highly of mercenaries. How are you feeling?"
"I can't move. Why can't I move? What happened?"
>"Mainly due to your efforts, the Changling attack was successfully repelled. After you collapsed on the field a band of nights sent by the Duke himself rode in and demolished the remaining troops, rescuing you on the Duke's orders. He wanted to commend your efforts, and this is how he did it."
"How long have I been here?"
>The mare pauses, raising a hoof to her chin.
>"About a week now. You woke up once a few days ago, I fed you then. I'm sure you're hungry now, I'll get you some food."
"Wait. Why can't I move?"
>"Well, your injuries are substantial. You're covered in cuts which required stitches, you have two torn tendons, and both your hindlegs were broken. I was able to fix most of it with my magic, but your limbs will be sore for a few days now. You wont be able to move till tomorrow, and you wont be able to fight again for another few weeks at least."
>Your whole body seizes at these words, desperately attempting to move.
>You can't stay here for a week, you needed to keep moving.
>Gritting your teeth, you focus all your might into moving your forearm.
>Pushing through the searing pain, you manage to raise it in the air momentarily before painfully flopping it down to the floor.
>>
>>28832999
>"Wait, don't do that! You'll just agitate your wounds."
>"Please, just rest. What's your name? I'll go get you some food."
>You simply shake your head, focusing all your effort into sitting up.
>Pain roars through your entire body, each muscle split in half by the agony.
>You let out a low wail as your body raises, breathing heavily.
>"W-Wait! Stop, please!"
>You grunt as your body reaches the top, a new pain rising in your haunches.
"Where.... Where is my armor? I need it."
>"What do you need that for? You can't leave here, you wouldn't make it 20 yards!"
>You turn to face her, bearing your teeth, your words dripping with venom.
"You don't know anything about me. If you want to be useful, go fetch my armor. I'm leaving here now, how many bodies I leave behind is up to you."
>The startled mare stands up quickly, grumbling as she goes to search for your armor.
>Tensing up, you groan as you struggle to your hooves, your eyes tearing up as the torment spreads under your skin.
>Your legs wobble underneath you as you slowly stand, your entire body going numb from the pain.
>You feel like passing out, but you manage to force yourself along.
>You can't give up now, you have to keep moving.
>The grumpy mare comes back into your fading view, toting a bag behind her.
>"Here! If you want to die, be my guest."
>You wordlessly take the bag from her, fishing around for your armor.
>"I don't get it. All the rest of these ponies accept the kind care I provide, what makes you so special?"
>You glance up to her, grinning.
"These ponies can do what ever they want, that's their choice. I refuse to remain weak here though. I don't need your help, or anyone else's. You can tell that Duke of yours I said thanks, but next time just leave me. If I die out there, so be it. I'm just another mercenary, doesn't really matter."
>"I suppose not, but then I'd lose the chance for another valuable soldier!"
>>
>>28833018
>You spin around to meet the voice behind you, your wounds making themselves known again at the movement.
>A short, rather chubby stallion stands behind you, his attire not suitable for a battlefield by any means.
>"I should've expected you'd be up and moving so soon. I saw you fight from my castle, and I knew you were a pony I had to meet."
>"Such ferocity, out of a mare to boot! You were something else, like an animal."
"I'm grateful for you kind words."
>The sarcasm oozed from every word out of your mouth as you turned back to your bag, slipping your chestplate over your head.
>"You seem like a mare of few words, so I'll keep this short. The Changling Empire and their reign of terror are finally on their last legs now, they're not long for this world."
>"We're planning a final assault on the main fortress, the castle Doltress to the East. I'd like for you to join our ranks. I could offer you a cushy position as my personal guard, after this one last fight there'd be no need for you to danger yourself like this any longer."
>You slowly turn to face the Duke, mindful of your injuries.
>"So, what do you say? A paid job amongst our ranks? Surely much better than the mercenary life."
>Not sparing any of your words to this royal, you simply stick out your hoof, waving it expectantly.
>"Hmm? Oh yes, your fee. Of course."
>The Duke motions to one of his many servants, taking the heavy bag from his hoof and placing it in yours.
>Extending no courtesy, your pry the bag open and meticulously count each bit.
"I have no desire to work for you, or anyone else. You just offered me a job where I don't get to fight ever again."
>Satisfied with the amount, you drop the bag in your saddlebags with a metallic clink.
"In fact, I may just go work for the Changlings for a while, even out the war a bit. Your troops are pitiful, I could mow them down no problem. Good business for me."
>>
>>28833022
>"S-Surely you jest! A mercenary like you, turning an offer like this down? Those last few hits must've made you lose your wits!"
"Those have been gone for a long time, old man. Why do you think I do this stuff?"
"It's a fine offer, try one of the other guys out here. Just keep that "cushy position" away from me."
>"You dare speak such words to a Duke!? Guards, arrest that mare under suspicion of treason to the royal crown!"
>The two stallions step foreword, each brandishing a heavy spear, tips glinting in the sunlight.
>You simply stare the both of them down, dropping the bag and limbering up your sore limbs.
"A little fight to warm myself up? Why not? Never killed a Duke before, might be fun."
>The royal glances around nervously, refusing to meet your gaze.
>"Stop! Leave her be. If she wants to go get herself killed, so be it."
>The two guards step back, letting you turn around to the open road.
>Paying the ponies behind you no mind, you slowly start out to the road before you, taking care of your wounds.
>Each step sends a jolt of pain through your bones, but you pay them no mind.
>"I have to keep moving, no matter what."
>Before long, you had trudged on for what seemed like hours.
>The sun was fading from the sky, and the faint chirp of the woodland creatures could be heard in the distance.
>The cobble road below you seemed even more unfriendly with each step, and the forest on either side of you suddenly seemed very welcoming.
>Spotting a nice area, you pull over to the side of the road and plop down on the grass, content with using the dirt as a bed for the night.
>Not even bothering to set up a fire, your eyelids become heavy the instant you head hits the floor.
>The world slowly fades out around you, the pain in your limbs fading as you drift off to sleep.
>You're on the cusp of leaving this world for a few hours when your ears pick up a faint rustling from a nearby bush.
>You slowly sit up, noting the intense pain in your side.
>>
>>28833034
>You gasp as a sharp pain runs across your stomach, gritting your teeth till you're fully up.
>Looking for the source of the noise hazily, you're immediately greeted by the shining tip of a spear held aloft in front of your face.
>"Well well well, just what do we have here?"

I'd like to know what you think, if you choose to do so.
>>
goodnight
>>
>>28803604
What you did do constitutes a step in the right direction, but it’s a small one. It appears to me that you made additions to the story, but little to no changes; most of what I took note of in the first critique still applies here. When I wrote that critique, I was suggesting you add things to the story AND make changes to what you have already, not one or the other. It’s not just a problem of brevity that you’re dealing with.

Dialogue. You’re going to need to get good at dialogue before anything significant is going to happen with this. It’s too reliant on your characters for you to get by with the minimal dialogue you have. I know, the first time around, I said that I appreciated the terseness in places, and I still kind of do, but those places where I said it didn’t work are still there. I can see that you tried to punch them up some, but it’s not working.

Good dialogue in any story, pony or otherwise, is an imitation of the conversations we have with other people. When people speak with one another, they are not usually doing it exclusively to get a point across. Interactions with people are not limited to single-sentence statements. People reply, they question, they refute what others say, because conversation isn’t about just making a statement, it’s about getting to know the other person. We’re social. 1/?
>>
>>28833729
Lines 123, 125, 127, 129, and 131, they establish that they both recognize the train, and Douglas says they should follow the rails, and that’s it. Take note that Robert has nothing to say, and they have nothing to say to him, which is weird, but, more to the point, I want you to see how insubstantial this is in comparison to what they just saw. These three just got confirmation that they made it to Equestria, and that they all know what Equestria is. They should be a-twitter with conversation, asking how they got there, how each one knows Equestria, what their personal pony-related histories are, and so forth. It’s a great way for them to get to know one another, because it’s one thing they all have strongly in common.

It’s good that you added lines 409-446, but you need a lot more than that, and I believe that the key to improving this, too, is in your dialogue. This scene has nothing to it aside from it being a conversation, and there’s nothing you can really do to give it more content that won’t change the nature of the thing itself, which would be ill-advised. Unfortunately, if you want this scene to get off the ground, you’ll need to learn how to write dialogue. My advice, in general, would be to bite the bullet and actually write a conversation. I know you avoid it because you don’t like it, but avoiding it isn’t going to let you improve. To be specific to that scene, Lara needs to take longer to explain her actions. Her struggle to tell Robert why she’s the way she is does not come across as authentic, because all it takes is a single repetition of his question to get her to spill. Robert, meanwhile, seems to have nothing to say; he just stammers and apologizes, and it is somehow enough to draw a confession out of her. 2/?
>>
>>28833741
It indicates that he does not have much going for him as a character. While Douglas and Lara have simplistic, and similar, personality traits, Robert floats by as a wishy-washy everyman. I didn’t pay it much attention the first time because they were all more like him, so he didn’t stand out as much to me. Now, however, with a little more given the others, Robert becomes thin. He needs a personality. Giving him one may also help you write his dialogue, because you can then ask yourself what a person with that kind of personality might say in the situations you put him in.

To get back to the scene above, if Robert has a stronger personality, then you can have him say things of substance to Lara, and she can respond in kind, based on what would make sense for someone like her to say. If you ever have trouble imagining something like that, try comparing these people to people you know in real life. Are Douglas or Lara based on anyone you know, or are acquainted with? Substitute them in your mind, and that might make it easier to imagine how a conversation would play out. It might seem silly to you, but the reader won’t know that Douglas and Lara, Friendship Express bandits, are actually just Greg and Donna from work. 3/?
>>
>>28833765
Here’s a smaller example. Lines 60 and 61 do not pair very well. This was in the first draft too, but I failed to mention it in my first critique. Lara just woke up, looked around a little, and asked where they are, and the following line describes her as distraught. From what you’ve given me, she seems puzzled, at the worst. This is another reason to improve your dialogue: you suddenly no longer need sentences like line 61. If you can make Lara sound distraught from what she says, you won’t need to tell me that she is. That same exact point applies to lines 144 and 301. Let me show you what I mean.

>The girl still looks confused.
“But where are we?”
>You wish you could tell her, she looks so distraught.

I rewrite it thus:

“But… wait, I don’t understand. What is this place? How long have I been just sleeping here? How did I get here? What—?”
>Douglas raises a hand, cutting her off.
“I wish I could tell you, lass. We’re just as confused as you.”

She indicates her distressed state of mind by hitting them with a lot of questions, and Douglas shows his steady, patient side with an empathetic, simple answer. I wouldn’t need to explain their feelings in the prose, because they would be evident in the things they say. I do this, not to rub your face in it, but to show you that reworking your dialogue wouldn't require an overwhelming change.

You were correct to add in more dialogue with them on the train to the hive, when the topic of violence comes up, but you need more. There are only three spoken lines in what you added. It might have taken a while to create them, but it takes me something like ten seconds to read it. Keep that in mind: reading is faster than writing. One could spend two or three hours fine-tuning an action sequence, and the reader is going to blast through it in the space of five minutes or fewer. 4/?
>>
>>28833803
Anyway, three extra spoken lines are not enough for either the topic to be properly explored or for any new information to come about your characters. The Elements of Harmony, not being the story’s focus, don’t need any especial treatment, but Douglas isn’t doing anything new here. Instead of writing in the prose what sort of conclusions can be drawn from what he says, just have someone ask him follow-up questions. Have the characters explore the thing and draw the conclusions themselves, instead of giving it to us straight.

I know that a lot of this advice is going to sound daunting to someone who doesn’t make it their business to practice dialogue; I want to impress upon you how multifaceted it is, and so make you realize that there’s no good workaround for it. My best advice, at this stage, I believe is what I said earlier: sit yourself down and just write it. Take characters that you’re super comfortable with and make them say some stuff. Find a prompt and write out what your characters say. You don’t have to show it to anyone, but you have to do it in order to get better.

Are you ready to move on to something else? I’m gonna hit you with something different.

On lines 83-85, I wonder why you bother mentioning his random thought, if you’re going to reveal that they’re in Equestria so shortly. If you want to foreshadow (not that there would be much point to it, because where else would they be?), you’re not giving yourself enough space for it to be that meaningful. 5/?
>>
>>28833825
After they see the train, I think Celestia’s timing is too perfect, and not in a way that makes me think she’s up to something. The train’s already passed them by for the day; her being a couple minutes early isn’t going to change anything, so why have her come in so impeccably? It’ll make their predicament more realistic if you have them walk along the tracks for a while first. If Celestia takes her time in showing up, the implication is that she, the plot-advancing character, is doing more than waiting for the right time to descend upon the three humans. Plus, it’ll be a good opportunity for you to import some of that dialogue you so desperately need.

On line 426, you say that Robert didn’t realize that things might get emotional with him and Lara, but I don’t buy that. He doesn’t seem thick enough to me to not make the connection that a conversation topic regarding Lara’s very clearly emotional reactions would lead to her being emotional at him. Get what I mean?

Lines 489-491 do not, in my opinion, count for “upping the pressure.” He just raises his voice a little. If that’s all it took to get the pony to talk, you don’t need to make special mention of it in your prose. Douglas isn’t doing anything special, he’s not going to any sort of uncommon measures to get this pony to tell him what he wants.

You don’t need line 548. It’s quite clear what needs to be done already.

The plan that they have on lines 835-855 doesn’t hold any water. If the magical weapons are the only things keeping Chrysalis from going nuts on them, then how does anyone figure they’ll get her to scrub floors? The instant she’s unsupervised, she’ll affect an escape, and there’s no way Twilight doesn’t know that. Unless they’re going to just have someone guarding her every second of every day, which is equally ridiculous. 6/7
>>
>>28833847
On line 860, you have Twilight put Chrysalis to sleep. If she can do that, why did they not save themselves a lot of trouble and knock her out right at the beginning? For that matter, why did Twilight not do that when they were taking the humans in for questioning?

Overall, you still have a lot to improve on, and nearly all of it stems from, say it with me, dialogue. No matter what else you do, practice writing characters talking, for that is the only way you will get any sort of improvement in that area. I can spout theoretical and technical information at you until my keyboard breaks, but if you don’t practice, none of what I have to say will be of any use to you. It might be that coming up with personalities for your characters will make dialogue easier, or it might be that their personalities will emerge the more you write them interacting with one another. Either way is fine, but the two things, personality and dialogue, are connected; both need to be good for either to be good. Outside of that, you should work on your descriptions. The settings did not have much detail, nor did the action sequences. There were superficial descriptions of things like placement of weapons and such, but not much that helped to put me in the scenes you were writing. I saved this for last as a way to show how small I think it is in comparison to your main problem. 7/7
>>
File: pony Ben Gibbard.png (457KB, 1280x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pony Ben Gibbard.png
457KB, 1280x1000px
>>28833044
I haven't the time tonight, but I will give you my thoughts on that tomorrow.
>>
File: 1478196754121.png (367KB, 441x755px) Image search: [Google]
1478196754121.png
367KB, 441x755px
>>28833867
I guess the message about dialogue
just didn't get through my thick skull the first time, so thank you for writing another extensive piece to help me on my way.

>The plan that they have on lines 835-855 doesn’t hold any water. If the magical weapons are the only things keeping Chrysalis from going nuts on them, then how does anyone figure they’ll get her to scrub floors? The instant she’s unsupervised, she’ll affect an escape, and there’s no way Twilight doesn’t know that. Unless they’re going to just have someone guarding her every second of every day, which is equally ridiculous.
There's been shown to be magic-nullifying spells in the show, which was what I had in mind. Also, constant close supervision of a prisoner as important as Chrysalis does not sound ridiculous to me at all.

>On line 860, you have Twilight put Chrysalis to sleep. If she can do that, why did they not save themselves a lot of trouble and knock her out right at the beginning? For that matter, why did Twilight not do that when they were taking the humans in for questioning
I was thinking of a spell that can't be cast instantaneously, but I guess that's not clear to the reader. As for her not using it on the Bandits, they had their weapons at that point, you know, the magic-nullifying ones.

Thanks for your advice, I'll practice, I'll revise.

>>28832035
>you
>being less qualified than I am
Pick one, my friend.
>>
>>28833044
I'm a big fan of this story so far. This board seems to be filled with SoL and lewd greens, so to see a gritty action green is really nice. I enjoy your writing style, and the action scenes are great. That being said, I did have a few issues. While I disagree with a lot of the things from your last critique (where RD was at in the scene and what sort of weapon the giant had seemed very explanatory to me) I do agree that your adjectives need some work. Every noun has one, and it gets redundant as the story goes on. It's ok for a thing to just be a thing, it doesn't need to be a cold, unfeeling thing, or a unrelenting thing. You had a few spelling errors, particularly in the first two posts but a simple proof reading will fix that. The last thing I noticed I also saw in the last section you posted. It seems like the green starts off really good and it's like that the whole time, but then towards the end (the last few lines) it gets really quick, almost like you're in a hurry to finish. I onto know if you are, but it eels like you're writing the entire thing in one sitting, in which case I would recommend that you take at least a small break before the end, just so you can finish off strong, like the rest of the story is.

Great stuff though, I'm a fan. I have a feeling this is going to be a longer story, so I'm excited for that. Keep it up!
>>
>>28835682
>onto
Dont*
>eels
Feels*
Another pro tip, never ever try to write things from your phone, it never works.
>>
writing is so fucking hard, guys. Especially if you are russiarino.
>>
File: 1476612320513.png (1MB, 1758x933px) Image search: [Google]
1476612320513.png
1MB, 1758x933px
>>28835958
It is. But as long as you''re enjoying it, don't stop.
>>
>>28835958
Writing can be tough, but that's one of the things that makes it so fun. To see Anons enjoy your story after you put so much work into it brightens up my day.
>>
File: 1475029505773.jpg (817KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1475029505773.jpg
817KB, 2048x1152px
>>
File: bump.jpg (8KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
bump.jpg
8KB, 260x194px
bump
>>
File: 1477581747626.jpg (82KB, 1234x530px) Image search: [Google]
1477581747626.jpg
82KB, 1234x530px
bump
>>
Waitingformorewritefagsandcritiques bump
>>
>>28834591
You are welcome. On the magic-nullifying spells, I thought you meant that they only applied to magic directly affecting the weapon or user, not draining the other person's magical capacity entirely. Supervising Chrysalis would be fine, but then, as you said just there, she'd be a prisoner, which is not the same as the worker your story made it seem like they wanted. The way they were talking, I thought it sounded more like they wanted to make her into an indentured servant or something. Perhaps I should have thought more literally.

With Twilight's sleep spell, and magic in general, you need to be specific in its applications if you don't want to run into minor consistency issues. I had no reason to assume that it was a slow-acting spell.
>>
>>28833044
There's a line between grit and impossible strength, and Dash is very much in the latter category. With the injuries she's sustained rendering her comatose for as long as the white pony says, there's no way she can just push herself to walk the distance it appears she does on the same day she wakes up. Magic may have knit her bones together, but if she wakes up just barely able to move her head, then I don't see how she can progress to marching out of there in so short a space. Force of will can get her out of some sticky situations, but it won't keep her going for very long.

Having the duke jump to the conclusion to arrest her for treason is crazy sudden; it looks to me more like you wanted to stack the odds against her even more than they already are. If that is the case, and you want a "protagonist versus the world" thing, having everyone around her so easily antagonized is not a good way to go about it. It's easy, but it's not good writing, because it sucks away any pretense for complex motivation. Dash acting like a bitch to him does not mean he has to destroy her. There's nothing wrong with him giving her a dignified cold shoulder and going on his way.

Meanwhile, her reason for turning him down is interesting, and there's potential for crafting a good character out of it, but I want to caution you. Something like that can become too one-note if you don't balance it with other things. In the battle setting, it's okay, but you'll have to shift gears eventually. If you try to avoid that, the story easily becomes one montage of undifferentiated action sequences, broken only by efforts to continually increase stakes, and I've never seen that work before.

You have my interest with the premise, and the actions scenes you have so far are fairly interesting. I, like the others, will be watching.
>>
File: littleguy_delivers.png (516KB, 750x771px) Image search: [Google]
littleguy_delivers.png
516KB, 750x771px
>>28839819
Whoops, I think I got a little unclear there.
For keeping Chrysalis in check, I was referring to the magic inhibiting spell we saw in 'Equestria Games' (though a guard with one of the anti-magic blades would also be useful), which would make it possible to employ her as a servant, under some supervision still. (Though the prospect was mainly meant to indignify and upset her).

The swords are what protected the bandits when they first encountered Twilight since, as you said, they only protect the wielder from magic.
>>
>>28839849
>>28839849
Thank you for the critique, I'm grateful. I am confused though, you don't think insulting a duke and discussing joining the enemy forces to slaughter more the allied troops with said duke is definitely treason?
>Something like that can become too one-note if you don't balance it with other things.
What character trait are you referring to?
>>
>>28839849
Thank you for the critique, I'm grateful. I am confused though, you don't think insulting a duke and discussing joining the enemy forces to slaughter more of the allied troops under the dukes command is definitely treason?
>Something like that can become too one-note if you don't balance it with other things.
What character trait are you referring to?
>>
File: NotMuchMystery.png (103KB, 266x235px) Image search: [Google]
NotMuchMystery.png
103KB, 266x235px
>>28836146
This is why I don't write anymore. No one indicates they read all the way through, except for that one clop fic about Anon and a Saddle Arabian.
>>
File: 1477966799865.jpg (107KB, 612x489px) Image search: [Google]
1477966799865.jpg
107KB, 612x489px
>>28842111
You can't just say something like that and not link the green, my friend.
>>
>>28842111
Link that shizzle, mango
That annoys me too, a lot of Anons read your green but never actually tell you about it. The best thing you can do is check your pastebin numbers.
>>
>>28842262
>>28842331
I don't have that one on Pastebin ... it was embarrassing.

Here's something else I wrote
http://pastebin.com/ggmSn3Am
Where the couple met. Then, they broke up here:
http://pastebin.com/wBVkfqEs
I'm ... still looking for the other thing.
>>
http://pastebin.com/9ijupvRQ

the *ch that's infinite rather than cucked has read that one.
>>
File: 1460874454776.jpg (34KB, 231x220px) Image search: [Google]
1460874454776.jpg
34KB, 231x220px
>>28842650
This is great.

>>28842406
But I can see why these got less response.
First of all, they're not clop, and most Anons are suckers for clop. Secondly, they don't read that well, the flow is hampered, if you understand what I mean.
>>
>>28844192
>not clop

Right. I don't write clop. That's why I had trouble finding the one time where I did.

>flow is hampered, if you understand
Not really. And I'm actually pretty happy with the second half; I've gone over it a few times, now.

The first half isn't quite as polished, but both are written as green, since the veritable novel isn't materializing. Greentext has sort of a hampered style, although I guess I could get rid of the
>implying
Greater-Thans and make it a prose.

One person said it was "intense" ... no one else has said anything. And the pastebin has five reads today but I copied it there just before the thread finally disappeared so that's not _quite_ the measure of eyes-on-text it sounds like.

Still, what, in your opinion, hampers the 'flow' ?
>>
File: 1478606243192.png (128KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1478606243192.png
128KB, 320x240px
>>28844232
Most lines seem very short. Of course, that's a decision you as the writer can make, but in my opinion, quite a lot of those shorter lines would look better merged.
Let me give an example.
> Hops had been distracted all day; stumbling into customers.
> spilling precious drops of their drink.
I would have written something along the lines of:
>Hops had been distracted all day.
>Because of it, she kept stumbling into customers, spilling precious drops of their drinks.

Or
> a mated couple, griffons, sat with a kirin.
> A sort of dragon/lion/unicorn cloven hooved thing.
Could be
>A griffon couple sat with a kirin, a creature resembling a dragon, a lion, and a unicorn at once, but with cloven hooves.

Then there's also lines like:
> Normal mane, though she wasn't sure whether to call it dingy red or bright brown.
I understand that she sees a creature with a normal mane, but because it's only indicated by two words, I start adding them myself, which hampers my reading.

Naturally, you're free to write however you like and this may very well be exactly how you want to phrase things, but this is what I mean when I say 'hampered flow', as a reader I don't want to knit (the meaning of) sentences together in my mind, I want the writer to do it for me. I should note that the second paste is much more to my liking in this regard.
>>
File: file.png (264KB, 850x879px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
264KB, 850x879px
>>28844313
the "voice" between your version and mine is pretty steep; even if I cleared it up I would want to do so in a way that has the same tired, distracted "tone" or voice I managed the first time through.

As to 'knitting the meaning together' I know for my own reading preferences, I have a great deal more enjoyment when carefully reading reveals what casual glancing hid. It makes the text denser, more real.

Although for certain styles, the odd diction combined with slightly unclear imagery turns me off. But since these were popular authors I assume someone else loves their imagery and I didn't worry about it any further.

> I should note that the second paste is much more to my liking in this regard.

Ah; so maybe just a good once-over would fix it. I've considered it but what I really want, if I go back to that, is to make a full novella of their life and times as Quicksilver.
>>
>>28840345
I gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

>>28840401
You're welcome. I do think what Rainbow said is treasonous, but that's not the issue. It's the quickness with which it happens. One minute, the duke is offering her the position, and the next, he's yelling for her arrest, with no further attempts to persuade her in the middle.

The character trait that I refer to is the single-minded love of combat. It oughtn't be used as the sole motivator, unless you're taking a crack at some kind of crazy character, which is dangerous territory too.
>>
I wrote a thread-story for the Suddenly Shining thread, folks seemed to like it.

I know you guys are into this sorta thing so I figured I'd post a link here. It threads forward via replies to itself. Enjoy!

>>28812679
>>
Suddenly, a bump!
>>
File: 1477576847036.gif (1MB, 603x497px) Image search: [Google]
1477576847036.gif
1MB, 603x497px
>>28844409
>the "voice" between your version and mine is pretty steep; even if I cleared it up I would want to do so in a way that has the same tired, distracted "tone" or voice I managed the first time through.
That's fair. If you want a particular tone you should definitely give that priority over my preferences.
>>
File: SharkWeek_Aganon.png (2MB, 2651x5732px) Image search: [Google]
SharkWeek_Aganon.png
2MB, 2651x5732px
>>28847045
Here's the whole story, some kind anon image-ified it for me.
>>
Guy's I need help to decide something in a story I'm writting. There is a scene I have planned to be a very emotional and a big part of the motivation for the protagonist but the scene is supposed to play out with Sunset comforting Anon or the other way around.
But I feel there is a lot of white knights Sunset stories which I would
like to avoid.
wat do?
>>
>>28849096
A white knight attitude is characterized by the knight in question trying to make things right themselves. They insert themselves and try to "fix" things for a person in an attempt to be viewed as a hero. Have Sunset listen attentively, offer an anecdote where she had to deal with something similar and have her attempt to bolster and empower the other person to solve his own problem for himself.
>>
>>28849096
>>28849381

As opposed to the White Knight form, where Anon tells Pinkie of his troubles, the just outside, having heard a half a dozen words, Sunset pesters Pinkie to explain what the conversation was about, but halfway through the sanitized / shortened version, Sunset hugs Pinkie by way of conversation stopper, then rushes in to interrupt Anon to shout at him
>YOU MUST DO 'x' ANON IT WILL FIX YOU RIGHT UP!

'white knights' are kinda the old form of 'sjw' -- which are needed sometimes.
In very small doses.
>>
>>28849381
>>28849405
I guess you guys are right, its just that I have read so many stories where Anon is the white knight and fought that some people might be sick of it by now.
>>
>>28849574
Does the solution need to involve literal fighting?

Okay, so advice above, but reverse Sunset/Anon, still applies.

It wouldn't really be "white knighting" if Sunset asks Anon to be her champion -- but maybe the best solution is for them to tackle this together?

Then, with or without physical fighting, steel plated armor, or riding Sunset into battle with a giant lance as a callback to Spike's daydream in that ep. about the diamonddogs, it's not "white knighting" because it's still Sunset's fight. Anon is just providing support.

suppressive fire from an M60 while riding a griffon definitely counts as [air] support.
>>
>>28850817
>bump

Like, a foal bump that will be a satyr because you were with a pony but not a stallion but she was a unicorn and shoved her horn up there and filled you with a bunch of magic slime and then smoked you last remaining malboro afterwords so you had to smoke the mediocre NativeAmerican brand cigarettes?

Or just a regular bump, like you smacked your head on something...?
>>
>>28850903

Don't you badmouth Smokin' Joe Cigarettes, boy. A carton of those, a handle of cheap whiskey and a few boxes of shells are all you need to have a real good weekend.
>>
File: 1463549961042.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1463549961042.gif
3MB, 640x360px
Have ponies been shown in the show to ride any sort of creatures? Like, as a form of transportation?
>>
>>28854288
not particularly?
>>
File: Probably Kinky.png (132KB, 535x350px) Image search: [Google]
Probably Kinky.png
132KB, 535x350px
>>28854288

There's a saying we have over in SiM, Anon.

Pony wears the saddle.
>>
Anyone who bumps a thread without posting relevant content should be banned.
>>
>>28857373
STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM
>>
>>28857373
No, Anon, not when it's a thread to help people, you want those to be up as much as possible.
>>
File: Pup.jpg (67KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Pup.jpg
67KB, 640x640px
>>28857373
Anon, you hurt me deeply.
>>
File: Starwarp.jpg (8KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
Starwarp.jpg
8KB, 236x177px
>>28857373
Maybe I should just storytime random comics to pass the time.
>>
File: 1436160698858.jpg (76KB, 288x402px) Image search: [Google]
1436160698858.jpg
76KB, 288x402px
>>28859710
Maybe next time. It's 12 in the morning here.
>>
File: No Fun Allowed.gif (2MB, 480x252px) Image search: [Google]
No Fun Allowed.gif
2MB, 480x252px
>>28857373

Because /mlp/ is so crowded with threads bursting with content.

Just shut the fuck up, Jamal.
>>
>>28857373
______________bump____________
>>
File: which_internet_website.png (8KB, 400x144px) Image search: [Google]
which_internet_website.png
8KB, 400x144px
page nine bump with no foals, only dots, and commas.

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/the-curse-of-the-diaeresis
>>
>>28857373
Bump
>>
save
>>
dbump
>>
>>28849086
Content? Hell, I bumped it with an entire new story including images.
>>
>>28864928
I'm still saving it harder, bitch boi
>>
Hello, I just got my feet wet trying to write my first green longer than two posts and got two problems I want to fix.
I guessed you guys may help me either by giving a straight answer or pointing to relevant source from OP.

Problemo numero uno
>any advice about finding a will to write?
I have almost whole plot figured out, all details and dialogues, everything is in my head, but I cant find will to tapa-tap it onto pc, lack of motivation.

And also
>how do I into narrating things happening?
I can easily visualize stuff happening like I would watch a movie, but I cant find a way to write about it. I dont know how to describe characters feelings or actions other than dry and short statements. And while problem with feelings I kind of circumvent by having character just talk about how they feel, I have no idea what to do about actions. I have 1v1 chase that is crucial to the plot, I know how it goes scene after scene, but I dont know how to dress it into words. There is probably something in the OP helping with that, I would be glad for directly pointing which link is most helpful in my case.
>>
>>28867653
Don't think about the task. Just do it. There's no magic set of words that will grant you the will power to do what you're setting out to do. You just have to set down and type. Even if it's for 15-20 minutes. That's better than nothing

>but I cant find a way to write about it. I dont know how to describe characters feelings or actions other than dry and short statements
Start reading more literature. Not greentext. Not fanfiction. Read actual literature that has been published by an author whose name any average person could reasonably recognize. Obviously popularity isn't quality, but just about anything will be a good start. If you start reading more, you'll get an idea as to how others do it.

If you want to practice that, take a simple idea, like an emotion a character's feeling, or an action they're doing, and write it out. Write it out 30 different ways.
>>
File: 4chan.jpg (35KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
35KB, 601x601px
>>28867653
I can't help you; I'm a meme.
>>
>>28867653
Theres no magic words to make you want to write, you just do it. It helps to write things you truly want to write, sticking to one genre can really fuck you over in the end.

As for the narration, practice is key. Read some actual books, and write down any descriptions you see that you really like. Do that for a while, and you'll have a nice selection of descriptions to choose from. One thing that helps is to not spoonfeed the reader, leave a little up to their imagination. Example, try
>The stallion's appearance reminded you of the night sky, massive and strangely welcoming.
Rather than
>He was a large stallion, with a dark coat.
>>
>>28867653
>any advice about finding a will to write?
I think It's lack of concentration. Close ALL applications(especially 4chan), remove all irritations(dogs, children etc), and just sit in the quiet alone with your software for writing. And start writing something.
>how do I into narrating things happening?
read literature
>>
File: My Fanfic.png (272KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
My Fanfic.png
272KB, 500x489px
>>28867653
There is no magic pill I can offer you to motivate you to write. I will say that, as a primarily Slice-of-Life writer myself, I set the scene in real life to get myself in the right mindset. A walk outdoors followed by bourbon and some quiet music (no lyrics, and different song sets for different character focus).

As for not know how to translate the images in your head into words, READ! Go to some of the generals around the board, and pick through their lists of pastebin accounts. Not sure where to start, or looking for a particular genre? ASK!
>>
>"What's wrong little filly? You lost or something'? This sort of area is no place for a youngin like you to be in, you might even run into a few bandits if yer not careful...."
>As if on cue, the rustling in the bushes grows louder as five more shadowy figures emerge from the darkness, surrounding your meager campsite.
>The gruff voice carries on, paying no mind to those behind him.
>"I mean, you look like just the sort of mare some thug would prey on, all alone out here."
>The voice moves forward, stepping into the pale beams of moonlight, gleaming off his armor in bright spots.
>A grey stallion stands before you, covered in worn iron plates held together with dilapidated chainmail.
>Deep lines of battles past were etched in the metal, indicating urgent need of replacement.
>The spear hanging in front of your face was fighting its own battle against time, the worn down tip attached loosely to the splintered staff.
"Hard times to be a bandit, eh?"
>The stallion lets out a low chuckle, grinning and nodding his head.
>"Hey, pillaging don't bring in as much as it used to."
>He shrugs his shoulders, the lackeys behind him inching forward, blades in hoof.
>"That sort of armor yer wearin' isn't the sort of thing I'd expect to see on a mare as young as yourself either, but I suppose the whole damn world's all topsy-turvy like that these days."
>It was your turn to shrug, taking the opportunity to scoot backwards a few inches.
>You glance back to your bag, searching for the outline of your sword in the coarse cloth.
>"I'm sure you know the drill by now, hand over the armor and the bag and we'll give you at least a 20 second head start. That should be enough time to get a decent head start."
"Oh? Why that long?"
>"Makes it more fun, I suppose."
>You flash a cocky grin, but the tremors of panic were already coursing through your brain.
>"I'm not sure I can reach my sword in time, he looks like he knows how to use that thing..."
>>
>>28871288
>"If I'm not quick enough I could end up with a spear through my neck."
"I have no time to deal with idiots like you. Leave now, and I might let you go. If you don't, you better pray for a quick death, or this could be unpleasant."
>The band of ponies simultaneously throw their heads back, echoing cackles filling the harsh night air.
>"Yer a cocky sumbitch, ain't you? Last chance, hand over the bag before things get bloody."
>A quick slash of the worn tip across your nose draws blood, enunciating his point.
>You simply grunt in reply, slowly reaching back for your bag.
>"Damn, these guys are serious. I needed a warm up at some time, but I wish I could've gotten some sleep first."
>Gripping the bag in your hoof, you eye down the leader of this group, a beastly glint in your eye.
>Slowly dragging it along the grass you bring the bag over to your chest, feeling around for the heavy sword outline beneath the dirty cloth.
>"Good filly. Now, hand over the bag, nice and slow."
>Gritting your teeth, you begin to extend your forelegs towards the darkened figure.
>Dropping the slow pace, you suddenly fling the bag forward into the visor of the stallion before you, shrouding his sight.
>Springing to life you leap forward off the ground, narrowly avoiding a well placed sword strike planted where you once sat.
>Your nimble frame flies through the air, arching over the blindly flailing spear below you.
>Thrusting your muzzle forward, you bite down on the thick cloth bag mid-leap,dragging it with you as you complete your roll.
>The force of your jump shoots you much further than the last of the group, coming to the end of your roll a few feet away from danger.
>You immediately spin around to face the party, reaching into your bag and grabbing out your.... empty scabbard.
>Your hoof endlessly searches for nothing inside the bag, praying for a weapon of some sort.
>"Shit, that dumb mare forgot to give me a sword!"
>>
>>28871301
>As the density of the situation bears down on you, a sharp pain spreads up your side like wildfire.
>Your almost forgotten injuries make themselves known as your body jostles around, consuming each of your limbs in torment.
>"Well now, that was mighty quick. Unfortunately, it looks like you're a little outnumbered and outclassed though, especially without a sword."
>The gruff stallion steps forward, leveling his spear with your already bleeding muzzle.
>"Come on boys, let's wrap this one up quick. First one to kill her gets the new armor!"
>The stallion charges forward, slow hoof steps trodding across the grass as you frantically prepare yourself for the strike.
>You let the bandit get almost too close for comfort before snapping your head to the side, narrowly avoiding the metal tip as you lift your foreleg.
>You blast forward off your hindlegs, slamming your hoof into the thin helmet with a loud ping.
>A symphony of strain shoots down your limb, nearly crumpling you to the floor in agony.
>"There's no way I can fight like this, I'm too tired and sore. That last punch overextended my leg, I'll break it if I try that again..."
>Weighing your options you attempt to spread your wings, only to be met with that aggravating pain again.
>"I can't fly away either, I'm too weak to fly with all this armor on for now."
>A metallic clang resonates through the forest as the stallion hits the floor, his spear rolling uselessly to the side.
>You raise your forelegs again to crush him into the floor, but he manages to roll away quicker than you could drop them.
>He quickly stands up, barreling over to his comrades while tightly gripping his jaw.
>"What're you cowards waiting for!? Get her!"
>A large grin crosses your face as you lazily step forward, desperately trying to hide the sheer amount of pain filling every waking thought.
"Well? A bunch of bandits afraid of a mare? Come on, it's been too long since I've felt somepony's head under my hoof! "
>>
>>28871309
>The quintet cautiously steps forward, taking a glancing look at each other before they charge across the moonlit grass.
>You dig your hooves into the dirt, stoically watching their movements.
>The first of the group swings his heavy sword quicker than you expected, barely giving you time to duck before slicing into a tree.
>You lift your head up in between his forelegs, swiftly smacking your head against his armored skull.
>Blood trickles down from your forehead as the stallion staggers backwards, leaving his sword in the tree with a dazed expression.
>You quickly close the gap with a tackle, ramming into his midsection as he crumples into the floor below you.
>You scramble on his chest, positioning yourself for a finishing punch to the throat when the sound of a chain slicing through the air calls your attention.
>You narrowly avoid the massive flail crashing down on you by flopping backwards, planting yourself on the grass as the heavy ball smashes into the swordsman's chest plate.
>An ear piercing scream hurdles through the night, eclipsing the cracking sound of multiple broken ribs.
>You're almost at the point of screaming as well, the once subsiding pain now wracking your body.
>Every inch of you was on fire, each movement sending you into a new level of pure agony.
>Despite this you still struggle to your hooves, gritting your teeth as the next warrior approaches, sword held high.
>As much as it hurt, these were the moments you loved the most, the ones you thrived on.
>The torment shrouding every thought in your mind reminded you that you were still alive, and the roaring fire in your chest reminded you of your one true purpose.
>Survive.
>It was the only thing you knew how to do, constantly straddling the thin line between life and death purely out of instinct.
>The large stallion thrusts his sword forward, scraping against your chest plate as he barrels into you.
>>
>>28871315
>You ready yourself for a kick, but stallion is already swinging before you can attempt a hit.
>This one cuts into your foreleg, a large wound running down its length.
>"Damn, he's fast..."
>"I've got to keep up or this one could be a challenge."
>Swing after swing pushes you back, each one being avoided by the skin of your teeth.
>You're about to give yourself an opening to his chest when an arrows slams into the tree behind you, close enough to feel the guiding tail feathers against your nose.
>You steal a glance to the side, noting the archer attempting to hide himself in the darkness from your sight while he readies another arrow.
>Your glance encompasses the entire field, making out the forms of two more stallion's hurtling towards you, attempting to coordinate their attacks.
>"I'm having a hard time with the one, there's no way I can fight all four of them...."
>"Their armor is heavier than mine, if I took off running through the forest I doubt they could catch me."
>Your body was moving on auto pilot as your mind whirled, attempting to avoid the torrent of steel slicing the air as you looked for an opportunity to run.
>The blood streaming down your forehead was obscuring your vision as you devised a plan, the panic of death tainting your thoughts.
>Your mind was in a frenzy, whipping itself around with your body.
>All of your limbs felt ready to crumple beneath you, wobbling as you slowly dodge another swing.
>The thick handle of a spear planting itself in the floor right next to you shocked your body into sudden movement.
>Timing it with the next high swing, you drop your whole body to the floor before ramming your head upwards, planting your skull in his chest.
>The blow knocks him backwards, giving you the opportunity to charge.
>You rip the arrow out of the tree next to you, clenching it tightly in your teeth as you sprint towards the panicked stallion, distancing yourself from the group behind you as another arrow flies past you.
>>
>>28871326
>The world fades out around you as your vision fades red, the pain in your limbs completely lost in the beastly frenzy whirling in your mind.
>The bandit thrusts his sword forward in defense, the fire inside you has consumed too much of your vision to pay it any mind.
>You tear the arrow from your mouth, brandishing the sharp head as you swing it forward.
>The tip finds it target, planting itself deep in the exposed throat of the stallion below you.
>A spurt of red liquid gushes out as you drive the shaft further, the swordsman letting out a gurgled cry as he crumples to the floor.
>Sensing your opportunity to run, you leap off his chest in a panic and take off runn-
>"Shit!"
>Your entire body collapses underneath you, a foreign pain splitting through your foreleg, rendering it useless.
>You look down to your limb and are surprised to see the stallions massive sword, cleanly stuck straight through your flesh.
>The approching voices behind you spur you to life, attempting to get on your hooves again as your vision begins to fade.
>You only manage two steps before crumpling again, your body rolling into a ditch hidden by the thick brush.
>>
bjump
>>
File: 1357739393419.png (1MB, 800x2362px) Image search: [Google]
1357739393419.png
1MB, 800x2362px
>>
File: Gildashy 1.jpg (1MB, 1024x6043px) Image search: [Google]
Gildashy 1.jpg
1MB, 1024x6043px
>>
File: Gildashy 2.jpg (1MB, 1024x5176px) Image search: [Google]
Gildashy 2.jpg
1MB, 1024x5176px
>>28873027
>>
File: Screenshot_20161114-074425.jpg (1021KB, 1080x5363px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161114-074425.jpg
1021KB, 1080x5363px
>>28873030
THE NUMBERS MASON
WHAT DO THEY MEAN
>>
File: disdain for plebs.png (93KB, 315x282px) Image search: [Google]
disdain for plebs.png
93KB, 315x282px
>>28873081
haha, phoneposter can't even read fun.
>>
>>28873088
>tfw had to open each image in a new tab to see them properly
You did this on purpose, didn't you?
>>
>>28873135
I honestly had no idea. 4chins had this problem for a long time but usually for comics with a height longer than that.
>>
File: 1465403199321.jpg (101KB, 960x691px) Image search: [Google]
1465403199321.jpg
101KB, 960x691px
bump
>>
File: 1361773823971.png (160KB, 547x263px) Image search: [Google]
1361773823971.png
160KB, 547x263px
>>
>>28874331
This
>>
File: 1364456368454.jpg (98KB, 1024x439px) Image search: [Google]
1364456368454.jpg
98KB, 1024x439px
>>
And the world keeps spinning
>>
File: Megatron's entry.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Megatron's entry.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Food for thought
>>
bumb
>>
>>28878732
Interesting
>>
File: DaringDont.jpg (1008KB, 1000x1244px) Image search: [Google]
DaringDont.jpg
1008KB, 1000x1244px
>>28877318
Very slowly, it would seem.

Anybody here use LyX to maintain their longer fictions?
>>
File: Fabulous.png (626KB, 453x610px) Image search: [Google]
Fabulous.png
626KB, 453x610px
Ah, 7:00AM
>>
File: 1469038694352.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1469038694352.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
comic bump
>>
File: 1479205680439.jpg (90KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479205680439.jpg
90KB, 600x800px
Also I feel like we should make a thread cover of this
>>
Goodnight
>>
File: 1477806115284.png (286KB, 694x545px) Image search: [Google]
1477806115284.png
286KB, 694x545px
Random passerby driving thr-
>>
>>28886149
>>
File: Goodnight.png (332KB, 515x870px) Image search: [Google]
Goodnight.png
332KB, 515x870px
>>28884672
This.
>>
File: 1385007838205 (1).jpg (105KB, 800x567px) Image search: [Google]
1385007838205 (1).jpg
105KB, 800x567px
>>28888438
>>
>>28890094
>>
File: 1396089463853.jpg (112KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1396089463853.jpg
112KB, 1024x1365px
>>
File: 1477875761037.png (370KB, 976x726px) Image search: [Google]
1477875761037.png
370KB, 976x726px
>>28890974
We trip-bumping now?
>>
byno
>>
File: 1479395258796.png (175KB, 1280x967px) Image search: [Google]
1479395258796.png
175KB, 1280x967px
>>28892775
I bet I can tripfag harder than you can!
>>
Made a thread for this, but it's basically dead:

>Rainbow Dash Presents: The Leap

>There’s no better place to watch a sunset than a hill
>It’s the perfect spot to watch the brilliant star inch below the horizon and into the distance
>And on one particular hill sat one particular tree, that was one of the oldest trees in all of Equestria
>Legends say that it was older than Celestia herself, but you know what they say about legends, you have to take ‘em with a grain of salt
>The tree itself was kind’ve a tourist trap, but the only people who wanted to go there were fascinated by its age, and didn’t really want to do any sightseeing
>They just came to admire the tree for a bit, and then left without doing much else
>Anyway, this isn’t really a story about the tree, but of the pony who sat underneath it
>But unlike most of the ponies who came to this hill, she wasn’t interested in watching the sunset or studying the tree
>No, Twilight Sparkle mostly ignored the wondrous streaks that filled the sky, and instead focused on her books
>Y’see, she had recently undertaken a new pupil, like Celestia did for her, to teach the mare about the magic of friendship - or whatever
>Her student’s name was Starlight Glimmer, and she was incredible at using magic
>Like, Twilight was too, but not in the way Starlight was
>Starlight was really good at combining multiple different types of spells into one, and then using them effectively, while Twilight was just really good at memorizing and casting a lot of different magic
>Like one time, she combined a mind control spell and a desire spell, and then cast it on me and some of my friends so she could speed up her friendship lesson for the day, but then everything kind’ve fell apart when everyone doing everything they were supposed to do kind’ve overwhelmed her
>She apologized though, and that made everything better
>>
Forgot to say I wanted some feedback. I assume that's a given though.

>>28895916
>Anyway, for some reason, Starlight’s talent made Twilight really jealous and bitter, so she had started to outright shun everyone around her and resort to coming to the hill every day for some quiet study time
>And that’s where she was now, resting comfortably against the tree all alone
>Well, that is until Rainbow Dash, the most awesome pony in all of Equestria, crashed down right beside her
>”Hey Dash,” she commented, not looking up from her book
>”Hi Twilight!” Dash enthusiastically said back. “What’chya you up to?”
>With a sigh, Twilight placed her book down, and looked over at the careless pegasus
>”Dash, I’m kind’ve in the middle of something right now. Is this important?”
>”Well I just wanted to know how you were doing…”
>”I’m fine! Happy? Can you leave me alone now?”
>With her magic, Twilight aggressively grabbed her literature off the ground, and held it out to continue reading
>”...Twilight are you still jealous over Starlight Glimmer?”
>”For the last time, Dash, I am not jealous!” she huffed
>”Okay okay, you’re not jealous… although if you’re feeling a little down, there’s this-”
>”Whatever it is, I don’t care. Now go. Away.”
>And with that, she busied herself once again with her book, leaving Rainbow Dash feeling sad and dejected
>”Alright… well if you need me, I suppose you know where to find me.”
>Without so much of a grunt of acknowledgement, Twilight tried to immerse herself in the guide once again
>And she almost succeeded, before Starlight Glimmer suddenly appeared in front of them
>”Hello Twilight!” she greeted happily
>”Oh for the love of… can I please just get some God da- oh. It’s you Starlight. Um… what do you need?”
>>
>>28895923
>”Oh nothing really. I just wanted to stop by and see if you were on your way back to Ponyvile. We have that picnic tonight with the other gals, remember?”
>”Oh that’s tonight? Nah, I don’t think I’m going. Too much to do.”
>”Not going? But they’ve been planning this for weeks…”
>”Yeah well things come up, okay? Now if you don’t mind, I’m trying to study here, and-”
>”Twilight you’ve been up here for hours on end each day ‘studying’. It’s starting to get worrying.”
>”While I appreciate the concern, I really don’t-”
>”Y’know there’s a lot more to life than busywork,” Glimmer interrupted to the great annoyance of her teacher. “You need to learn to appreciate the little things in life, like the company of other ponies. It really clears your head.”
>”Starlight-” Twilight began through gritted teeth
>”Here, I know what’ll cheer you up! A good old-fashioned magic display!”
>Starlight then fired a brilliant beam of light into the sky, filling it with vibrant colors and bathing the entire area in warm waves
>”Oh my gosh!” Rainbow Dash proclaimed excitedly, staring up into the sky
>Each color began to slowly spin within the pole itself whilst slowly traveling up the beam in a calculated manner
>Twilight had settled across the land, allowing the gorgeous beam to be seen for miles around
>The wave of light extended far beyond the surrounding plain, making the environment glow with brilliant reds, blues, greens, and purples for several miles
>Twilight tried to resist the allure of the light, but her efforts proved to be in vain
>Slowly, she shifted her gaze towards the sky, was was struck with awe at the glory before her
>Well, until it came crashing down with seething jealousy
>”Can’t you two just leave! Me! Alone?!” she cried, as a bright light began illuminating from her own horn
>She flung her body weight towards the ground, causing a powerful wave of magic to ripple across the area
>>
>>28895927
>She flung her body weight towards the ground, causing a powerful wave of magic to ripple across the area
>Whilst Twilight didn’t immediately notice their absence, she did notice a sudden silence encompass the area
>A wave of relief washed over her, as she slowly looked around to see if anypony was still there
>To her pleasant surprise, no one was
>She glanced upwards and found that that twilight still lingered precariously in the sky
>The field around her returned to a sleepy peacefulness, as a light breeze slowly drifted across it
>Twilight took a moment to let the stillness enveloped her, before turning back to her book
>For what seemed like hours she sat there, studying, marking down notes, reading and re-reading entire pages, until she felt she couldn’t read any longer
>Put her book down beside her, and once again peered into the sky
>To her surprise it was still twilight out
>”Jeez, how long have I been out here?” she pondered aloud. “I didn’t even feel the sun rising or setting.”
>With a grunt, she rose to her hooves, and placed the book inside her saddlebag
>She thought about just walking back to her house, but that was pretty far away, and she wanted to hit the hay as soon as possible
>So with another light “pft”, she teleported back to her tree castle and started climbing its stairs
>”I’m going to bed Spike,” she called. “Have breakfast ready for me in the morning.”
>She waited for her dragon to call back, but only silence answered her
>Her frustration quickly gave way to tiredness, and she decided to punish the dragon in the morning
>Sleep that night felt… odd
>She drifted into it pretty easily, but it felt hollow somehow
>Like she wasn’t getting any real rest despite how loudly she was snoring
>When she woke up, she felt rested, but the odd feeling lingered
>>
>>28895944
>As she rubbed her eyes, she opened her curtains to take a look outside
>She was startled to see that not an inch of time had seemed to move since she last checked
>Unable to believe the scene before her, she continued to try to rub any and all dust out of her eyes to make sure she hadn’t been mistaken
>Yet the sun outside refused to rest
>”Spike?” she called, leaping from her bed
>The lack of a response was troubling
>She darted into the kitchen, her study, and the dragon’s tiny closet, searching for some sign of Spike’s existence
>Nothing turned up
>She then dashed from her house, and down the road to Sugarcube corner, where she opened the unlocked doors and peered inside
>”Mr. or Mrs. Cake!” she called. “Pinkie? Anyone there?”
>Yet again, no one called back
>With another “pft” of a teleport, she found herself in front of Fluttershy’s cottage
>”Butterblunder! I mean, Flutterpie! Are you home?”
>Still nothing
>The idea that everyone in Equestria had suddenly vanished slowly crept into her mind, but she quickly brushed it off
>She teleported to the Princesses’ Castle, and immediately headed for the throne room
>As she burst through the door, she found that no one was there
>No guards, no Celestia, no anyone
>She felt a slight draft whistle through the empty building, fittingly emphasising how hollow it really was
>After making sure every inch of the Castle was barren, she teleported to the Crystal Empire, and began searching the streets for any sign of life
>”Princess Cadence?” she called, as she opened the doors to the Crystal Palace. “Shining Armor? Anyone home?”
>The elegant stone palace only returned her question in an echo
>Finally coming to terms with the facts, Twilight teleported back to Celestia’s Castle, and sat down in one of the nearby rooms
>>
>>28895949
>”So I really am the only pony in Equestria…” she muttered aloud
>Suddenly, a huge smile etched itself across her face, and she began laughing
>”I’m the only pony in Equestria! This is amazing!” she cried
>She ran out of the room, still laughing, to the large statue of Celestia sitting in the middle of the grand hall
>”Take this you pretentious white cunt!” she gleefully shouted, grabbing the statue with her magic
>With a small grunt of effort, she hurdled the statue towards the ground, shattering it into an uncountable number of pieces
>A wave of gratification washed over her, and she sprinted towards the next statue
>This one she hurdled into the wall, cracking a stone column in the process
>”How do you like that you bitch? I’m in control now! You hear me?!”
>With another fit of mad laughter, she grabbed two smaller statues, and placed one on the ground
>She paused for a moment to perfectly position one above the other, and then began hammering it into the ground
>Each small chink the statue brought a special bout of glee to the alicorn
>Finally, she had completely demolished both momentos, and tossed the fragments of one aside
>She continued to run about the castle, smashing each and every statue of Celestia she could find, until she was sure they were all ruined
>In a mad frenzy, she rushed back to the throne room, and stared devilishly at the glorified chair in the middle
>To Twilight, it was the symbol of her mentor
>The very thing that represented all that she hated the Princess for
>With narrow eyes, she began slowly charging her magic, not noticing as small crackles of lightning formed around it
>Then suddenly, she fired it at the throne, blowing it and the back wall to smithereens
>>
>>28895955
>She took a moment to admire her work, before firing her magic at random parts of the castle, leaving enormous holes wherever she hit
>She eventually hit one too many of the pillars, and the room itself collapsed around her
>She watched in satisfaction, as pieces of debris fell smashed into the ground in front of her
>Luckily, nothing hit her, although she probably wouldn’t have cared if any did
>All that mattered was that Celestia’s precious throne room now sat in shambles around her
>She took a few moments longer to admire her handywork, before the high wore off
>With a content sigh, she made her way out of the room, kicking aside a few pieces of marble as she went, and looked out into the hall
>Happy with the numerous amount of shattered stone on the ground, she teleported back home, where she headed up the stairs to her room
>”Spike,” she called. “Make me a-”
>And then she remembered
>She was all alone
>”Right…” she said aloud. “Maybe I should try to fix this sometime soon.”
>She was in no real rush though, given that she finally had the chance to study in peace
>For what seemed like days she focused on learning how to combine spells without blowing up her house
>On occasion she would venture outside to test them out in an environment where she could be destructive without worry
>For the most part, Twilight was content with the way things were
>>
>>28895963
>The kitchen was stocked with plenty of food - enough to last her weeks - her liquor cellar was filled to the brim, and best of all nopony was around to bug her with their “insignificant” problems
>If she ever needed something more tasty to munch on, she could quickly teleport to Sugarcube Corner to grab a cupcake or a small cake
>On occasion, she would look into how to reverse the spell that trapped her in this void, but it was by no means her top priority
>In fact the only time she really glanced into the subject was when she grew tired of reading about spell combinations
>Eventually she lost track of how much time had passed, as night had refused to fall since time stopped
>The sun still hung precariously below the horizon, refusing to let twilight pass
>It bugged the alicorn somewhat, as that was the one aspect of her life she didn’t currently have in order, but there was nothing she could do about it
>Why get all bent out of shape over something you can’t control?
>Well, Twilight thought things out of her control were fantastic things to get bent out of shape over, but whatever
>However, before long, the prolonged silence and empty world started to wear out its welcome
>The sweets around town had started to stale, the leftovers in the fridge had run out, and the buildings around town had lost their sheen
>Slowly but surely, Twilight started making more use of her liquor cellar
>Once in awhile she would call out to someone to see if anyone would answer
>But no response came
>She started losing sleep at night, starting out with just an hour or so at most, then escalating to missing entire night’s worth
>Finally, one morning she woke up far tireder than expected
>Every muscle in her body begged her to stay in bed, to not go about the day’s activities
>But she pushed back the covers anyway, and headed for the restroom
>She caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror, and stared at her own reflection
>>
>>28895968
>Beneath her eyes sat dark black circles, far bigger than they’d ever been before
>Her mane lay disheveled and matted atop her head, and her coat looked crusty and dull
>She smacked her dry lips a few times, and headed for her library
>Upon arrival she saw the entire thing in disarray
>Books were strewn about upon both the shelves and the ground
>Crumbs and plates from meals past fared the same fate
>The candles in the room had burned down to where just a small slab of wax remained to keep the dim light going
>And mold and grime had wedged itself into dark corners of the room
>”Wow,” the alicorn muttered aloud. ”This place has really gone to hell. No biggie though. I… I can still read and work in here. This is fine. Everything is fine... oh who the fuck am I kidding, this isn’t good at all! I’ve got to fix this!”
>She then began ferally pulling random books off her shelf to try and find some kind’ve solution
>For what seemed to be several days, she did nothing but read, and occasionally drink a glass of water
>In that time, she’d found nothing
>The only reason she stopped was because she couldn’t bear the feeling of hunger that racked her body any longer
>She whipped herself up a quick meal, and dined while she studied
>Day in and day out she spent searching her library and finding nothing of worth
>She would occasionally try a spell she’d found to no seeable avail
>As the stack of unread books grew smaller and smaller, she started venturing to the royal library in Canterlot, and to the library tucked away in the Crystal Empire
>But no matter what book she picked up, she found nothing that proved useful
>>
>>28895974
>Desperation soon began to set in, to the point where she’d begun skimming all three libraries instead of actually sitting down and reading through each book
>”Come on. Come. On! There’s gotta be something in here to help me out…” she would occasionally say aloud
>Soon her desperation mixed with frustration and anger, and she began burning books with her magic when they didn’t yield any proper results
>Before long, she had huge piles of ash and paper scattered about the libraries
>She’d spent more time in the foreign libraries than she did her own, and had exhausted them of their literature
>As she finished the last book in the Canterlot library, she teleported back home, and glared at the novel
>With a roar of frustration, she ignited it, and grabbed the first of the last two books on her shelves
>However, this one was different than all the others
>Its cover glowed a bright lavender color, and its binding looked ancient
>It seemed to vibrate as she held it with her magic, almost beckoning her to open it
>She stared at it in shock for a few moments, almost believing that it wasn’t real
>”Sunset…” she gasped. “Sunset, how could I forget!”
>She quickly opened the book, and turned to the newest page
>In it a message was scrawled
>”Hey Twilight,” the alicorn read. “Um… all of your friends just showed up here looking for you. They wanted me to leave you a message to see if you’d respond. So… yeah. Write me back if you get this.”
>The book started to shake within Twilight’s magic grip
>She could hardly believe it… she had an actual way to contact the outside world
>After leaping into the air with joy, she grabbed a quill and ink bottle off her shelf, and began hurriedly writing
>”Sunset! Sunset I’m here! Are you there?”
>For a while, no response came
>The princess sat there in absolute silence, with the book open before her, praying that some kind’ve response would suddenly appear upon the paper
>>
>>28895978
>”Twilight?” Sunset finally scrawled across the page. “You’re alive?”
>”Starlight! I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m so glad to hear from you!”
>”Well jeez, thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy. I’m sorry for inconveniencing you there. I guess I’ll just leave you to whatever you’re doing at the moment..”
>”No no no! I’m sorry I didn’t mean it like that. It’s just… I’m trapped in some void, and I don’t know how to get out!”
>”A void? What on earth do you mean? Where are you?”
>”The better question would honestly be when am I? I’ve somehow found myself stranded in some weird realm where time doesn’t move. I’m in Ponyville for sure, but I couldn’t tell you how much time’s passed since I’ve arrived.”
>”Wait what? When? How the heck did you get there?”
>”I don’t know! All I know was I cast a spell to make people disappear while Starlight was doing some kind’ve light display, and now everyone’s gone!”
>”Well I could tell you how long you’ve been away from here. It’s been about sixty-seven years since you vanished.”
>”What?!” You’re kidding me.”
>”No joke Twilight. Sorry to tell you. To be frank, you're lucky I even responded. I've been using this thing to prop up a chair that's got a leg shorter than the others. I just so happened to drop my TV remote behind it, and noticed that it was glowing. I honestly didn't want to try to get a hold you in the first place, but the others came here to see if you had wound up here, and insisted I leave at least one note in the book.."
>"How long did ponies look for me?”
>"Um, I dunnow, maybe a week?"
>>
>>28895985
>"A week?! But... I'm the princess of friendship! Surely someone would've kept looking!"
>"I just said I don't know Twilight, sheesh. It could've been longer. Maybe a month or two. All I know is that when I went back to make a quick check-up, everyone had already given up looking for you, and that was a few weeks after they came here in the first place."
>Twilight could hardly believe what she was hearing
>No one cared that she was gone... no one had looked for her for very long
>She closed the book and laid it atop a nearby table, and lowered herself to the ground beside it, trying to keep herself from trying
>The novel lightly vibrated against the wooden stand, and Twilight absent-mindedly grabbed it with her magic
>In the purple glow, she silently read Sunset's message
>"No offense Twilight, but you're not exactly a popular pony."
>The words that had etched themselves into the page started to blur from tears
>She tried, and failed to withhold her tears, and began silently weeping
>With a cry of frustration, she hurled the book aside, and let her sorrow flow
>It soon turned to rage, as she torched her one final way of contacting her previous life, and ran for the room where the portal between hers and Sunset’s world rested
>There sat the statue, beautiful and stoic in design, lifeless in actual appearance
>The alicorn then began charging a magic blast, intending to tear open the gateway between the dimensions
>Her horn began emitting sparks and started crackling, as a violet ball began growing in size around it
>She then unleashed her spell upon the statue, and saw the actual mirrors themselves glow a vibrant white color, indicating that travel to the other world was now possible
>>
>>28895991
>However, the light only lingered for a moment, before the statue itself began to crack
>With another vibrant flash, the statue tore itself apart, flinging pieces of marble and clay across the room in the process
>Twilight quickly erected a barrier to shield herself, looking away as several chunks of material bounced off her protection
>When the barrage of debris had finally ceased, the room was left in a heaping mess
>Marks and dents had been etched into the crystal walls of the castle where the stone had hit
>Small shards of gems had tinkered to the floor, and everything that had once stood in the room now lay in disheveled piles
>For a moment she sat there, horrified at the result as a wave of hopelessness washed over her
>Then she cried out in anguish
>She flung bits and pieces of the statue at the walls and other objects of the room, intending to defrock each and every inch of the room
>Once enough damage had been done, she ran back into her library, and torched the rest of the intact literature in there with one large beam
>As she reached for the last one on the shelf, however, she saw that the crest of an hourglass laid embedded upon the cover
>A small feeling of hope overtook her, and she got to searching the novel
>”Please… please let this have something…” she begged aloud
>Her hope diminished as each page yielded no proper solution
>Until she finally reached the last page
>”Please...let this work…” she said, as she read the spell
>WIth the last bit of energy she had, she gathered up enough magic to cast the spell, and when she released it…
>>
>>28895999
>Nothing
>As the “pfhew” of the spell sounded, she darted out of her house, and found that Ponyville was still ghastly empty
>The reality of her situation had finally set in
>She was trapped there forever
>There were no more books out there that could help her find the solution, the royal library at Canterlot was the premiere knowledge center of the world
>”Spike?” she called out once more, in some vain hope that something actually changed. “Starlight? Rarity? F-Fluttershy?”
>Nothing
>With a heavy heart, she returned inside, and headed for her cellar
>She grabbed the last bottle of gin from the shelf, and made her way to the bathroom, where she grabbed a bottle of opioids
>She took a seat against the wall right outside her bathroom, and observed both substances
>”Welp. I suppose I have an actual valid reason to do this now.”
>Without a second thought, she popped open the cap on the medicine, and placed a dozen or so in her mouth
>She then uncorked the bottle, and began chugging its contents
>Once it’d been drained of its contents, she tossed it aside, not even bothering to look up when it sounded with a sickening crash
>Her breathing started to slow, and she could feel her heart desperately pounding in her chest
>”It’ll be okay…” she reassured herself. “In a few more minutes, I’ll be out of this hell.”
>She closed her eyes for a moment, and slowly pulled them back open
>Drowsiness was beginning to overtake her, and her heart started to wind down
>Each shaky breath seemed to echo around the room, each bink felt like sleep was overtaking her
>After what seemed like an eternity of hanging on to life’s horrid embrace, she finally managed to slip into slumber, welcoming death as she did
>>
>>28896006

>”Gah!” she cried, as she jolted awake
>In her sudden startle, the princess flung herself to the ground below, breathing deeply to calm herself
>It suddenly became very obvious that she was still very much alive
>”Wh-what happened?” she asked. “Did… did I do it?”
>She looked above, and found that night had now fallen
>”W-what? Am I… am I back to the real world? Am I dead?”
>”Yes to your first question,” a gruff voice said beside her. “And no to the second.”
>Twilight quickly turned to see her teacher- Princess Celestia - sitting beside her, looking into the distance blankly
>Well, as blankly as Twilight had ever seen her stare
>”You’ve awoken from your slumber, and you’re alive.”
>”S-slumber? I was asleep?”
>”All study and no play drains a pony, my faithful student. I’d thought you would’ve learned that lesson a long time ago.”
>”Heh.. Heh heh… I’ve uh.. I’ve.”
>”Spare me the drivel. I care not why you’ve let yourself fret and fuss over not being able to combine spells. All I care about is your dream.”
>”My dream?”
>”Yes, your dream. Luna regaled it to me in exquisite detail.”
>Twilight suddenly recalled when she started smashing the statutes of Celestia around the palace, and broke into a cold sweat
>”Ignoring that little detail, it seems you’ve been wanting to get some alone time.”
>”Well… yeah. I do. To be honest princess, I’ve wanted to get away from everything since I came to this podunk place. I was happy back in Canterlot. I had my books, I had Spike at my beck and call, and I had all the alcohol in the world to subsidise the occasional craving. But then I came here. My house just got destroyed destroyed, Spike’s become a lot more resentful, and I need to knock back a few drinks every hours to stay sane.”
>>
>>28896010
>”And yet when the world was stripped away from you in your dream, you wanted it all back. Why is that?”
>”I… couldn’t tell you Princess.”
>”Sure you can. You just don’t want to.”
>”...I suppose I’ve gotten used to my friends’ company.”
>”Try again. This time, be more honest.”
>Twilight glanced out to the field before her, pondering her answer carefully
>”I… I need my friends. As much as they’re a thorn in my side, and as much as I want them gone, I need them.”
>”Quite. Here’s the thing Twilight, your vision of Sunset wasn’t incorrect. You’re not very popular in the whole of Equestria.”
>The truth hurt to actually hear
>”A little hospitality and good will towards your friends might change that fact, my faithful student. Especially since you have a fresh start with young Starlight. She’s eager to learn, and being around the princess of friendships makes her absolutely giddy. It’s never too late to change the minds of your friends Twilight. You don’t have to live your life in misery.”
>The goddess observed the field herself for a few moments, taking in the scenery of ocean of green, before continuing
>”Believe me, living in isolation isn’t a fun thing to experience. I’ve done it for nearly a millennia now. It cripples the soul and tarnishes the mind.”
>”So then why don’t you change your situation around?”
>”...That’s a discussion for another day, my faithful student. As for now, heed my words. Go home to your friends. Enjoy their company. Restart your relationships.”
>Twilight paused for a few moments, before rising to her hoofs, and starting away from the hill
>She turned back to her teacher, who still sat staring blankly at the landscape
>”Are you… are you going to be heading back to your Castle, princess?”
>”In a bit, Twilight. I need to work something out before I do.”
>>
>>28896016
>Without another word, the Alicorn headed home, where she took a moment to stare at its crystal exterior
>She sighed, and pushed the door open, hearing the sound of sweeping coming from inside
>”Spike? Is that you?” she called out
>”Yep,” she heard her dragon call back. “What’dya need?”
>”Nothing, I was just… making sure someone hadn’t snuck in.”
>”To mah knowledge, no one ‘as. ‘S been pretty peaceful while you were out.”
>”Okay, good. Um… is supper ready?”
>”’S been ready. There’s a plate waiting for ya in the kitchen.”
>”Thanks.”
>As she slowly made her way through dinner, taking an occasional sip from her flask while she ate, she reflected on the dream she had, and what - if anything - she should do to improve her stature
>She downed another gulp of liquor right when Starlight entered the kitchen
>”Hello Twilight!” she greeted. “How’s it goin’?”
>”Eh, it’s going.”
>The alicorn drained the last bit of liquid from her flask, and turned to face her student
>The unicorn stood smiling at her teacher, full of life and bubbly
>She reminded Twilight of herself as a child, so eager to learn magic, so eager to meet new ponies and have new experiences
>So eager to be in the presence of a princess
>The alicorn glanced down to the floor, somewhat ashamed of how she’d treated her prodige up until that point
>”Hey, Starlight,” she began hesitantly. “I was just thinking… maybe we could brush off the friendship lesson tomorrow, and just hang out some.”
>”What, really?”
>”Yeah. We haven’t exactly been chummy since I took you under my wing, and I think we need to change that. Y’know, to uh... further your studies.”
>”Twilight are you feeling okay?” Starlight asked worriedly. “You’re acting a little strange tonight.”
>”Let’s just say I’ve had a bit of a change in heart. So you in?”
>”I mean… sure. Sounds like it’ll be fun!"
>>
>>28896026
>”Great. Anyway, I’m about to head off to bed. I’ll see you tomorrow Starlight.”
>”See ya!”
>The alicorn finished up her meal, and made her way to her bedroom, thinking things over as she walked
>As she laid down in her bed, she took one last peak out her window to see night had comfortably fallen
>She then pulled the covers overtop her, and fell into a quick, deep, relaxing sleep
>>
>>28896026
Original Version this thing was based on: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/348717/the-leap
>>
I have a noob question of fimfiction.
I didn't submit my story or put any links. Where are 5 views from? It's just counting my own f5 or what?
>>
>>28871331
Nothing new for me to say about this, which is why it's taken me this long to say anything. Rainbow's fighting ability is as implausible now as it was in the previous installment. This makes it hard for me to accurately judge your action writing, because it seems to have only one variant: that is, Dash pushing through pain. All the other stuff in an action scene, like the tension, the sensory details, and all that are either absent or simplified into vague statements like "desperately trying to hide the sheer amount of pain filling your every waking thought." It's hard for a reader to grasp what that actually means, 'cause most readers have never experienced pain in such an extreme way, or in such an extreme situation. You have to give more detail and/or description than that. Not to mention, there's a finite amount of times Rainbow can be in extreme, body-filling pain before the whole act starts getting stale.

Are you posting as you go, or is this complete?

>>28896033
Do you have a pastebin for that? I personally prefer having a story in another tab, so I don't have to keep scrolling up through this thread. It makes it easier for me to refer to specific lines as well.

>>28896040
That would be my guess, but I'm not entirely certain.
>>
>>28897492
I have it up on Finfiction, Pastebin, and Google Docs. Docs has some formatting changes that the others don't.

http://pastebin.com/S0dar9CQ

Google Docs with specific formatting changes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z6d67TDKP9A5YaJ-vNbRlFAUC47Z-Gkx-d1fXcL4EfY/edit

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/354315/the-leap-rainbow-dash-presents-version
>>
File: 1357383393906.jpg (971KB, 1199x1990px) Image search: [Google]
1357383393906.jpg
971KB, 1199x1990px
>>
>>28897492
I'm still writing it.
While I appreciate your critique, Dash's combat ability and high threshold for pain are things I have to leave in, they're the basis for her character. It may make you glad to know that this is going to be quite the long green, and some character developing sequences are coming up soon. I wanted to take this beginning time to establish what sort of a character Dash is going to be, but my apologies if it has gone on too long. Dash'so animalistic fighting abilities will be included often, but they will be diluted with other things as the story goes on. As for the gratuitous amounts of description on her pain, I wanted to make it clear to the reader that these injuries she's wracking up are going to stay with her, they won't fade away so easily like they seem to in most media.
>>
>>28900101
>they won't fade away so easily like they seem to in most media.
Gee you mean in other media she's like some fucking cartoon character?
>>
good noight
>>
>>28900203
Exactly Anon, the same cartoon where she kills multiple changelings, threatens to kill a duke, rams an arrow through someone's throat, and gets stabbe-.... Wait, you're telling me that my green is vastly different from her original media, yet she needs to have the same super cartoon healing abilities? Shit.
>>
File: Birdfeeder.jpg (154KB, 808x960px) Image search: [Google]
Birdfeeder.jpg
154KB, 808x960px
>>28895110

You can definitely tripfag harder than me.
>>
File: 1356070636651.png (400KB, 538x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1356070636651.png
400KB, 538x1400px
>>
>>28902583
I have to appreciate the amount of effort put into the worst thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>28902710
Well it's a joke Lauren Faust made on Twitter.
>>
>>28902072
U no it bby gurl
>>
File: Solly's an Alicorn.png (956KB, 705x703px) Image search: [Google]
Solly's an Alicorn.png
956KB, 705x703px
>>
good morning
>>
>>28789791
>>
Bumpo
>>
File: The Words of My People.png (1MB, 2534x1585px) Image search: [Google]
The Words of My People.png
1MB, 2534x1585px
Bump?
>>
Would it be retarded to space dialogue in a greentext?
>>
>>28907083
What do you mean?
>>
>>28907097
Such as following the age old rule of indenting dialogue to signify a new speaker.
>>
>>28907145
Can you write a quick example?
>>
>>28907160
Yeah - have one lying around, since I revamped an entire in-progress green of mine in the aforementioned format out of subconscious acts. Mind the shitty writing, at least.

> Veering slightly away from them has no effect, as they take a step forwards— their horn shimmering with a wispish blue.

“What the fuck?”

> The horse seems taken aback.

> “What are you?” she inquires.

> You can at least tell the gender of a voice apart, you figure, clutching your head quietly.
>>
>>28907187
I don't see why not. It makes your posts easier to read, but it takes up a lot of space.
>>
>>28907199
Think that concurrent paragraphs that don't include speakers save that problem from being very big, at least. Also, check'd.
>>
goodnight
>>
File: father-son bonding.png (83KB, 1373x163px) Image search: [Google]
father-son bonding.png
83KB, 1373x163px
Other than pony comics, I'll post random caps as bumps.
>>
>when you get back into writing after a long break and receive a bunch of (you)s
Feels good
>>
File: Waht do you mean.jpg (59KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
Waht do you mean.jpg
59KB, 640x475px
>>28911965
>when you write to improve your language and you get no (you) at all
Feels bad
>>
>>28912037
Just keep practicing, man. You'll get those delicious (you)s eventually
>>
File: Appreciated.gif (574KB, 816x708px) Image search: [Google]
Appreciated.gif
574KB, 816x708px
>>28912037

Love ya Fapples
>>
File: If it fits.jpg (10KB, 236x252px) Image search: [Google]
If it fits.jpg
10KB, 236x252px
>>28912079
Yeah... Yeah... You're right... Eventually...

>>28912327
Love you as well, good Anon.
N-no homo.
>>
File: bro lit.jpg (143KB, 640x866px) Image search: [Google]
bro lit.jpg
143KB, 640x866px
>>
>>28912727

Any time, fair King.
>>
File: PEESTOL.jpg (302KB, 872x1018px) Image search: [Google]
PEESTOL.jpg
302KB, 872x1018px
>>
File: toy meets Chris Hansen.jpg (287KB, 1419x1773px) Image search: [Google]
toy meets Chris Hansen.jpg
287KB, 1419x1773px
>>
File: The dead walk.jpg (33KB, 668x314px) Image search: [Google]
The dead walk.jpg
33KB, 668x314px
>>
File: Cash Money.jpg (32KB, 193x219px) Image search: [Google]
Cash Money.jpg
32KB, 193x219px
>that feel when you're trying to support a thread with green, but everyone's basically dragging their feet and despair kicks in making you question why you even bother
>>
>>28916312
Are you saying you're supporting a thread that has green, or supporting a thread by writing green?
>>
>>28916324
The latter.
I mean, technically a little of the former, but 95% the latter.
>>
File: babysitter feels.png (120KB, 822x567px) Image search: [Google]
babysitter feels.png
120KB, 822x567px
>>
File: Batman's Birthday cake.png (139KB, 656x255px) Image search: [Google]
Batman's Birthday cake.png
139KB, 656x255px
>>
>>28918439
>>
The board's quick tonigh
>>
File: Pinkie and her lifeless friends.jpg (111KB, 1018x731px) Image search: [Google]
Pinkie and her lifeless friends.jpg
111KB, 1018x731px
>>28920089
oh CAAAAAAANN YOU FEEEEEL

THE LOOOOOVEEE TONIIIGHT?
>>
>>28916312
you can do it
>>
>>28898436
Okay, cool. I'll have a critique for you on Thursday.

>>28900101
Sorry to get back so late. My weekends are always booked up. It is good to hear that the green will be long, so I know you're giving yourself room to pace things out.

Giving a lot of description on the pain she experiences is okay, and it's good that you're having her keep the injuries for an appropriate amount of time, but what I'm trying to say is you should probably scale back the injuries, so she doesn't come across as too close to indestructible.
>>
File: Anon the Templar.png (286KB, 1336x1692px) Image search: [Google]
Anon the Templar.png
286KB, 1336x1692px
>>
>>28923644
I remember this. Such a nice story
>>
>>28926000
Nice digits
>>
>>28926779
nice face
>>
>>28927095
no u
>>
File: Roseluck.jpg (115KB, 984x733px) Image search: [Google]
Roseluck.jpg
115KB, 984x733px
Fapman gets sad with me for posting this Herd thing exclusively on /gtpone/. And as Ferrets are not known for their patience, but are known for their sharp teeth, I suppose I can link the first chapter.

http://pastebin.com/4nP3GaB5

Oh, and Jchallo has a Herd thing of his own started on /gtpone/ as well, for those of you who know him from FR.
>>
File: public masturbation.png (156KB, 754x712px) Image search: [Google]
public masturbation.png
156KB, 754x712px
Gotcha bumps brah
>>
File: King Kong on co 1.png (3MB, 3240x5000px) Image search: [Google]
King Kong on co 1.png
3MB, 3240x5000px
>>
File: King Kong on co 2.png (1MB, 2152x5000px) Image search: [Google]
King Kong on co 2.png
1MB, 2152x5000px
>>
>>28930518
>>
Before I started to write, I wondered why people even consider writing their story without clop. But now when I've reached the clop part myself... well, it's fucking more boring and exhausting than non-clop.
>>
File: 1475497142551.jpg (620KB, 1600x818px) Image search: [Google]
1475497142551.jpg
620KB, 1600x818px
>>28931319
You think so? Admittedly, I've written only the barest and smallest piece of lewd, but it was fun. My boner sure appreciated it.
>>
>>28931681
It's fun, but I can't do it for a long time. I am either tired or my boner takes over and I am lurking derpibooru instead of writing.
>>
O fellow writefags, spare me a few droplets of your horde-wisdom: how does one write "comfy"?
>>
>>28932173
I think the best way to put it is to write something kind of feel good.
Like, imagine you're coming home in out of the cold.
You turn the heater on, mix up some hot cocoa or whatever, and bundle up on the couch and watch tv or something.
Now, take that warm feeling as inspiration or try writing a scene like that.
Describe the warmness of the air, the feel of the blankets, the smell of the cocoa.
Do something to try to give the reader a sense of warmness or how comfortable the character is feeling.
>>
>Just as the pain begins to seep away along with your consciousness, shouts from above snap you back to attention.
>"I see her boss! She's down in the ditch!"
>"Well, what are you waiting for? She killed Windy and Puck! Go get her!"
>Underneath the shroud of the forest top it was nearly too dark to see anything, but the distinct sound of heavy armor thudding through thick shrubbery echoed through the forest.
>To your surprise, the pain coursing through your body was slowly fading away, replaced by a gentle numbness.
>You suspected that the searing pain had all drained out into the growing pool of blood underneath you.
>You shook your head feverishly, the pit in your chest firmly holding your body against the floor as your fear grew.
>"Move! You have to move, they're coming!"
>Your entire body trembles as you struggle to your hooves, a well placed arrow landing a few inches from your flank giving you a sudden jolt.
>The sword in in your foreleg rests firmly, rendering your limb useless as you pitifully limp forward.
>"I can't pull it out yet, I'm already loosing blood too fast and I might pass out from the pain."
>You slowly limp away from the encroaching enemies holding your foreleg high, attempting to slow the blood flow.
>A light breeze cuts through the forest, gliding through your feathers, reminding you of the still sore wings at your sides.
>They still felt weak, but it was starting to look like flying was your only option if you wanted to make it out of there alive.
>You slowly pumped your wings, the angry voices growing louder behind you as they drew near.
>Your feeble wings only manage to get you a few hooves off the ground, just barely enough to clear the vegetation.
>The thick underbrush slides by underneath you, gliding against your hooves as you speed forward, the draining wound consuming your foreleg painting the leaves red.
>The rustling of heavy armor and crushed flora grows louder behind you as you struggle to pick up speed.
>>
>>28933039
>"I see her boss! She's up in the air now!"
>"Shoot her down then!"
>The air around you thickens for a few anxious seconds as silence erupts through the forest, only to be cut by an arrow slicing through the woods.
>It misses it's mark, planting itself in a tree only a few inches from your head.
>"Shit, I'm an easy target up in the air, I need to get further ahead before I get shot down..."
>You pump your wings even faster, ignoring the pleading for rest in your muscles as you push ahead.
>The voices behind you slowly drown out as you travel further and further into the woods, eventually silencing themselves altogether.
>You come to a slow landing on the ground after what felt like hours of flying, nearly collapsing to the floor as soon as you reach land.
>The thick forest surrounds you on all sides, totally eclipsing the moonlight.
>Every direction looks exactly the same as the last, you weren't even sure which direction you came from any more.
"Where am I?"
>Surveying your surroundings, you continue trudging forward, hopeful to find an end to this all-consuming forest.
>A slow tingle runs up your bloodied foreleg, reminding you of the freely dripping wound.
>Your vision swirls from exhaustion as you continue forward, slamming into anything in your way with your lack of eyesight.
>Branch after branch slaps against your face, the cool droplets on your coat providing your consciousness with some refuge.
>Suddenly your wings completely droop to your side, totally sapped of any energy they had left.
>You come to a sickening stop against the floor, the mud being your only cushion for your muzzle as you skid to a stop.
>You let out a loud groan, a frustrated tear rolling down your cheek.
>Your legs are no longer able to support your body, incapable of even standing.
>You dig your hoof into the forest floor, slowly dragging your body inch by inch through the greenery.
>You couldn't just lay there and die, you had to keep pushing forward.
>>
>>28933048
>Everything in you was totally numb now, and your strength was completely faded.
>Before long you can't even lift your hoof to drag yourself further, completely unable to move.
>You could only rest your head on the floor, chuckling in your last few moments.
>"How ironic. I spend my whole life fighting trained armies, only to die after being jumped by some low life bandits."
>Your eyes felt heavy and the cold floor suddenly seemed very welcoming to your tired body, as good a place as any.
>The only thing keeping you from fading off into the peaceful sleep you longed for was the strange, quiet thudding noise a few feet ahead in the bush.
>You could only manage lift your head, but you were able to locate the source of the noise nonetheless.
>The light of the rising sun gleamed across a wide plain, only textured by the sea of waving grass in the wind.
>A small village was the only feature of this vast valley, seated right in the middle of the land mass, adjacent to a small river.
>The sudden noise came from a rickety cart trudging along the bumpy road not ten yards away from where you lay, a smiling pony pulling it along while whistling a tune.
>A new fire rose in your chest, dim hope filling every facet of your body as you forget about your lack of movement for a few moments.
"HEY! HEY! OVER HERE!"
>The stallion stopped, glancing to his sides as he adjusted his worn straw hat.
>"Hmm? Anypony there?"
>You tried to cry out again, but only a weak moan managed to pass through your lips.
>The stallion unhitched hitched his cart from his back, trotting a few feet to the forest edge.
>"'Ello?"
>You grit your teeth, summoning any amount of desperate strength you have left in you to make some kind of noise.
"OVER HE-..."
>You can't manage any more than that, teetering on the edge of life and death was taking too much out of you.
>The pony turns his head swiftly, gasping as he sees your mangled body.
>"Holy moly! Are you OK miss?"
>>
>>28933055
>You didn't have enough strength to berate him for his obvious question, but you could manage to roll your eyes.
>"Alright, don't move! I-I'll take you to the village, Whirler can look at all that. Just hold on!"
>You can feel a pair of hooves wrapping themselves around your forelegs, gripping you tightly.
>A loud gasp comes from above as the pony spots your wound, accompanied by a gag as you eventually begin to move.
>You're slowly dragged through the last of the forest over to the stallion's cart, sunlight flooding your hazy vision.
>A small trail of blood marked your path, flowing freely from your foreleg as the stallion slowly lifts you into his cart.
>"A-Alright ma'am, just hold on, I'll get you to town!"
>He rushes back to his hitch, attaching it firmly to his back and taking off towards the village.
>You could barely even see now, but you were able to make out a few features of your rescuer.
>He was young, younger than you at least.
>Maybe that was just his face though, he lacked the time worn scars and deep, creased lines of yours.
>He had the look of a simple farm boy, and a rather large one at that.
>He was easily twice your size, maybe even larger than that.
>"Hey! You better be stayin' awake back there!"
>You could hear the voice calling back to you, but you could only make out a light brown blob making it now as you grew weaker.
>"Talk to me, stay awake. What's your name? A'hm Yellow Rock, and Whirler's the village doctor. He'll fix you up good, don't worry!"
>You were starting to fade in and out now, and you could only pick up bits and pieces of what he was saying.
>The ride seemed much shorter than you expected as you drove arrived at the village, the waves of grass being cut away in favor of dirt roads and small hovels.
>Many villagers looked appalled by your miserable condition, but all were beyond shocked.
>The entire cart rattled as you came to a stop outside a small cobble hut, resting on the edge of the tiny village.
>>
>>28933063
>Yellow had already unhitched the cart and was frantically pounding on the rickety wooden door.
>"Whirler!? Whirler get out here! There's an emergency!"
>A crowd had already gathered around you, two stallions stepping forward to help you from the cart.
>After a few seconds of silence, the door slammed open and a bright blue stallion leapt from the entryway.
>"AN EMERGENCY!? That means somepony needs me! Oh goodie!"
>Whirler practically skips over to your battered corpse, quickly surveying you as the two stallions carry you inside the hut.
>"Oh goodness, that's quite a lot of blood. Had a nasty fall, have we?"
>The two stallions carry through the doorway, followed by a crowd of villagers.
>"Quickly then, put her right there on the doctor table thingy. I'll go get the other doctor thingies!"
>The entire world was a haze, but you could feel yourself begin softly placed on a cushion of some sort.
>Whirler seems to materialize from nowhere next to your table, a bag of various utensils in his mouth.
>He tosses the two stallions a large rag from the sac, instructing them to wrap it around your foreleg.
>Whirler places the bag down on the table and fishes around inside before pulling out a small bottle.
>"There we go! The anesthesia, I think."
>He pops open the cap and takes a look inside, nodding his head as if the contents have been deemed acceptable.
>"Alright, this the stuff. Now, I'm not sure if this is the right dose, so it might work or,...."
>He grins at you sheepishly, shrugging his shoulders.
>"OrIsupposeitmightkillyouokbottomsup!"
>He shoves the bottle in your mouth, unloading it's contents.
>You can barely even register the fluids, but you managed to gulp it all down.
>"Great! That should be kicking in soon, right about..... now!"
>The effects were instantaneous, and it didn't take much effort to put you to sleep this time.
>"Now that she's out, we can get to our doctor work! Grab me that hacksaw, would ya?"
>>
>>28933070
>You reach out your hoof in a panic, but it quickly drops as you vision fades along with you off to sleep.

>>28921574
Understood, thanks. She appears to be dying now, hopefully that means it's better.
>>
>>28932173
Don't put a lot of tension in your story, so no adventure, no action, no drama. Usually, the focus of "comfy" stories is the relationship between two characters, or more. The characters have somewhat of an intimate relationship, but doesn't necessarily have to be romantic. The emotions are always positive, and almost always celebrates the closeness of the characters, whether that's by them cuddling up together, sharing a story or experience together.

What >>28932952 is true. Really have the idea of warmth in your story, which can come from a lot of things, it could be the tone or atmosphere of your story, it could be the attitude of the characters. It could be just about anything, but warmth is a central concept.

The only other thing I would say is that there is one challenge when writing comfy, and that is making it interesting. I've read plenty of stories that fit the criteria of comfy, but are incredibly boring. Nothing happens, or the characters don't change or grow in any manner, or nothing progresses. There doesn't have to be a lot, in fact, subtle changes make comfy stories have that shining quality to it, but there has to be something: it could be a character opening up about how they feel, or be a character who's reaffirmed about some goodness in the world, or as I said earlier, two characters becoming closer. Just have point to it all.
>>
File: Pinkie Bee.jpg (311KB, 1870x1687px) Image search: [Google]
Pinkie Bee.jpg
311KB, 1870x1687px
>>
File: 1369145451866.png (174KB, 1222x628px) Image search: [Google]
1369145451866.png
174KB, 1222x628px
>>
>>28935312
Jesus Christ, that hurt.
>>
File: Mfw.jpg (195KB, 1124x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Mfw.jpg
195KB, 1124x1024px
>>28935416
this
>>
>>28936279
Faaauuurrrk that's a cute bunny.
I want a pancake now
>>
File: ifponeskissyou.png (254KB, 1002x903px) Image search: [Google]
ifponeskissyou.png
254KB, 1002x903px
>>
File: marriesrainbowdaaash.png (150KB, 1366x626px) Image search: [Google]
marriesrainbowdaaash.png
150KB, 1366x626px
>>
File: 1477434333821.jpg (2MB, 1116x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1477434333821.jpg
2MB, 1116x10000px
>>
>>28898436
I'm working on that critique right now, if you're still here.

>>28933078
Cool. If I have time tonight, I'll let you know what I think of your latest section. If not tonight, tomorrow.
>>
>>28896033
Parody stories are among the hardest to critique, because I have to separate any intentional flaws from real ones, which further means that I need to be able to tell you what your intention was with writing this story. I’m going to try my best here.

I didn’t read the entire parent story, but I skimmed every chapter. You followed the story’s plot quite well, and it looks like you kept some minor details the same, which, I think, is good for a parody story. It helps to establish a connection with the source that similarity in plot does not. However, I think the way you went about parodying it is pretty lacking in creativity.

Parody need not be just the opposite of a thing. Like, if I were to parody everyone’s favorite story, Cupcakes, by turning Rainbow Dash into a masochist, it’d be pretty ho-hum, because it’s going to be pretty much the same shit with one arbitrary, isolated difference, and, moreover, a difference that is the other half of a binary. It wouldn’t be creative of me, because there’d be only one real choice I could make in changing Dash’s personality. I’d do a better job if I chose something a touch less obvious, but closer to the story's foundation. Say, instead of blood and guts, Pinkie discovers that ponies really are just candy and maple syrup, like in that one really old semi-meme. Dash still screams horribly, but the gore gets turned into carnival food, and the story suddenly takes on a mixture of grim and goofy vibes. Parody. 1/?
>>
>>28939046
Getting back to yours, I think that changing Twilight as you did was not the best way to go about it. Leaving everything else the same, more or less, and just one-eightying her personality is a strange decision on its own, and it calls into question why you chose to not change any other important factors. Was it that Twilight’s personality stood out so much in the parent fanfic that you wanted to change it? Or did you want to avoid something that felt more obvious and go for changing a feature that was not independent to its source? Either way, it felt more like you were doing a parody of Twilight’s character, using the original fic as a roadmap, rather than a parody of the fic itself. As in my Cupcakes example, what choice was there in changing Twilight’s response? She either hates the loneliness or likes it, and the source already has her hating it. Some kind of middle ground, wherein she learns to live with it, or finds a way to solve the problem for herself, would be less interesting still, at least from a parody standpoint; at that point, you wouldn’t even be playing with the source anymore, you’d just be reimagining it. Maybe even improving it. 2/?
>>
>>28939056
So, the topic’s simplicity, combined with its singularity, harms your story’s cohesion. Think of it this way: what are the story consequences of Twilight loving her seclusion? What are you forced to write differently because she enjoys her newfound peace? All the changes are in her character: the things she says, the things she does, the way Sunset perceives her later on. All of that is contained to Twilight, though, while details remain the same. It was still a dream, she was still gone for a long time, and she even still learns her lesson at the end, weirdly. A more successful parody might take a more core concept and turn it on its head—again, as in my Cupcakes example. This is why keeping the details the same, as you did, is important, because it allows the reader to recognize that it’s a parody while allowing you room in the plot to do what you need to do in order to realize whatever change(s) you want to make.

In your source story, the crux of the thing, or one of them, is that you can accidentally get trapped in a void. It looked to me like it could have substituted Twilight for any of the other characters and still been good, because it seemed like it was, at bottom, not about Twilight, but how she responds to her new situation, and most characters would react quite similarly. What if, in parody, Twilight gets trapped in the void and finds some other colorful character who did the same thing? In her world, they’re a long-dead historical figure who vanished mysteriously, but they feel they’ve only been in the void for about a week. Twilight spergs out, as she does, and the two of them do… whatever. It would still be clear, to someone who’s read the original, what’s going on in this one, but you’d be able to keep Twilight more in character and still have all the wild fun you want. 3/?
>>
>>28939067
It brings me back to an earlier point, that you seem to be making fun of Twilight, not of the particular story she finds herself in. Say you took this version of Twilight and dropped her into some random slice of life thing, changing nothing else. Would it then be a parody of that slice of life story? Say someone else were to take up your story and replace your Twilight with a hyper rational Twilight. Would that then be a parody of your story? I talk about character a lot in these critiques, but one character does not often create the foundation of the story, as its plot does. Twilight’s in this one, but she’s in a lot of others too, so how does one tell the difference?

Let’s get less meta. I thought that your writing was rushed and lacking in description, as well as grammatically sloppy. Twilight is making her decisions pretty quickly, and with what does not appear to be a whole lot of thought. It makes sense, in a way, that she would be so reactive when finally achieving what she wanted, but it doesn’t work well for the story. The same goes for that casual tone you use right at the beginning. You can be casual without being conversational, and you can make the story less serious than its source by its content alone, not with the aid of a colloquial introduction. I think removing the likes would be a good first step. Where you do have dialogue, you don’t need to have an adverb with every attributive. “Said” works perfectly fine on its own. 4/5
>>
>>28939082
You’re foreshadowing in a very sloppy way on line 94. It’s a strange thought to be among the first Twilight has. Even if it’s for readers who will already know where the story’s going, there’s no point to such laziness. It’s basically just acknowledging that you know what’s going to happen to Twilight, and you don’t need to do that. Line 92, meanwhile, is totally out of place. I never saw anything else of its like in this story. Is it an indication of how little Twilight cares to know about her friends? If so, it’s a little late in the canon for her to get Fluttershy’s name wrong.

When describing how Twilight’s living her life in the void, you don’t need to remind me that she doesn’t care to reconnect with her other world so frequently. Trust the reader to understand what you’re saying, and move on.

On lines 23 and 24, do you really need those two lines of dialogue? Can’t you just say that they greeted each other?

You’re contradicting yourself on lines 78 and 79. Is she rested, or is she not?

On line 153, how can Twilight be “tireder” (not a word) than she expected, if she’s losing entire nights? How is she even more tired than that?

Line 206 is tenuous as hell with so much “just so happen[ing].” The coincidence is too big to support the huge plot point it's attached to.

On line 211, you mean “reading,” not “hearing.”

Overall, it needs a good amount of mechanical work. You need to clean up your sentences and not rush things so much. However, as a parody, I think you’re focusing on the wrong aspect of your source story. I’d advise you find something that is more specific to that story, and parodying that, so it’s a little more personalized. You did well to keep the details in as you did, but your version of Twilight got in the way more than she helped, in my opinion. 5/5
>>
>>28896033
>The alicorn
>The alicorn
>the Alicorn
always use the name of a character if she has one.
Nobody writes "The woman went to the shop. The man fucks the woman" if they have names.
Ponies aren't exceptions
>>
I said uh buuuuump
>>
File: DungoofedOP.png (333KB, 1450x1490px) Image search: [Google]
DungoofedOP.png
333KB, 1450x1490px
>>
>>28938582
I am. Thanks mate.
>>
This advice goes the same to those experiencing late night writer's block.
>>
File: Noice.png (1MB, 1312x897px) Image search: [Google]
Noice.png
1MB, 1312x897px
>>28940464
kek

>>28939097
Good job, Lit.
>>
I've just finished Anonfilly chapter1. I'll appreciate any comments.
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/354330/anon-filly
>>
>>28942650
pastebin
http://pastebin.com/rDSeHFUv
>>
File: co with fat mares.jpg (54KB, 1299x244px) Image search: [Google]
co with fat mares.jpg
54KB, 1299x244px
>>
File: implyingyouwouldn'tdownloadacar.jpg (99KB, 783x771px) Image search: [Google]
implyingyouwouldn'tdownloadacar.jpg
99KB, 783x771px
>>
>>28941464
Thanks, Fap.

>>28940561
No prob.

>>28933078
Yes, this section is much better. I think she's still hanging on unreasonably long, given the amount of blood she's probably lost, but it's less pronounced here than earlier. I like Whirler, and I think his inclusion was a good idea. A little comedic relief is good for a story like this. However, if all this is happening from the second person perspective, and I (Dash) have all but passed out, then what's happening in the doctor's office should be a blur. I'd advise a perspective shift in there somewhere.

>>28942650
I can have a critique for you Tuesday of next week.
>>
>>28944797
You deserve it.
>>
>>28789791
>>
File: photographic apple memory.jpg (547KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
photographic apple memory.jpg
547KB, 2000x2000px
>>
File: Derpyorigins.png (365KB, 476x2347px) Image search: [Google]
Derpyorigins.png
365KB, 476x2347px
>>
>>28947271
THAT ENGINEER IS A SPY
>>
>>28944797
>TFW a week without feedback

I'm looking forward to this, man. I'm hoping for a lot of detail here. I'm also looking to take a beating, because I learn best from having my stuff torn to shreds.
>>
File: alphaasfucktechguy.png (38KB, 941x400px) Image search: [Google]
alphaasfucktechguy.png
38KB, 941x400px
>>
File: Odeipus.jpg (354KB, 503x4357px) Image search: [Google]
Odeipus.jpg
354KB, 503x4357px
someone grade this old piece
>>
File: Internal Dialogue.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Internal Dialogue.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>28951994
what the actual fuck...
>>
>>28952641
Wait, I only know realise that the angel is wearing a hay-lo. Goddamn, this show.
>>
>>28952752
holy shit
>>
>>28952752
Hue.
>>
>>28953729
>>
File: hughjackman.jpg (126KB, 534x931px) Image search: [Google]
hughjackman.jpg
126KB, 534x931px
>>
>>28939126
"It was late at night and Twilight sat in Twilight's study. As per usual, Twilight had began reading up on a new subject and lost track of time. Twilight's focus was stolen away, however, by Twilight's stomach rumbling loudly; the sound echoing in the large room. Twilight hadn't realized how hungry Twilight was getting. Before heading to the kitchen, Twilight neatly placed Twilight's Daring Do bookmark between the pages of the book that laid open before Twilight."
>>
>>28939097
Alright, thanks for the feedback. Putting on trip for future stuff.

I'd like to clarify a few things by pointing to the source I took the characters from: https://youtu.be/UMcA6NvJXmk?t=9m59s
In the series, Twilight is a cynical slob, and Rainbow Dash is a carefree scatterbrain. Twilight constantly mispronouncing Fluttershy's name, or forgetting that she even exists, is a running theme in the series (in fact, the most recent parody Greg did made her name synonymous with taking a piss in Twilight's mind). As for why I choose the story, it's because it's a friend's work, and I felt it would be a good jumping-off point for me to get used to the characters and setting for any future works, whilst still not offending my friend. As for the casual tone, I tried using that to set the mood similar to something that would happen in RDP. Greg often uses a loose beginning filled with internal narration from Dash to set the stage, and then delves into the actual story itself. Seems I need to work on bringing it to a point quicker, though.

That being said, I agree with everything else stated. Greg's stories usually keep a lot of things similar up until the very end, or keep the ending the same with very few twists in the middle (in his Cupcakes parody, he kept the general theme of the story with a few comedic twists thrown in here and there, but the ending had Dash joining the ghost Wonderbolts). Looking back at it, that's not the general theme I followed. I opted to shift the tone of each scene to one that mimicked Greg's stuff, whilst not adding any of the changes he most likely would've made. I agree that a lot of my story was rushed. I thought it felt lacking in the length department, but I had no clue how to extend it to something more meaningful without it feeling stretched out and overextended (hence why I'm here). Descriptive language is also something I'm looking to improve upon. Seems I'm going about it the wrong way though. 1/?
>>
>>28957336
I try to substitute setting the stage with more "flowery" language, which is a weakness I need to get under grasps. In terms of grammatical issues, mind pointing out some of my more extreme issues? I've gotten the complaint before, but I'd love to get some actual examples of it.

Again, thanks for the feedback. I was looking for stuff that pertained to my style more than anything else, and you delivered. I'll keep your comments about parody in mind as well. 'S nice to not just get asspats all the time. Hopefully I'll see you around.
>>
Goodnight
>>
>>28957270
Not the Anon you replied to, but I assume you're allowed to use 'she' by his metrics. But I'll say I have no qualms with using nouns to indicate a character, often makes things less boring.
>>
>>28957270
>"It was late at night and Twilight sat in her study. As per usual, she had begun reading up on a new subject and lost track of time. Twilight's focus was stolen away by her stomach rumbling loudly; the sound echoing in the large room. Twilight hadn't realized how hungry she was getting. Before heading to the kitchen, she neatly placed the Daring Do bookmark between the pages of the book that lay open before her."
fixed
>>
>>28958771
it still sounds repetetive when reading "Twilight" that many times in one paragraph
>>
File: 420 2.png (171KB, 367x281px) Image search: [Google]
420 2.png
171KB, 367x281px
>>28958967
This.
>>
>>28958967
pronouns!
>>
How do I use figurative language without it sounding too edgy or weird? Specifically, how do I create a metaphor that is suitable for describing a situation that doesn't appear too pretentious?

Are there some general rules to follow, or should I just listen to my brother's advice and write poetry/music lyrics until I develop familiarity with it?
>>
Bumpo
>>
>10
why
also, good night
>>
>>28960250
Think about the associations your metaphor has. If I say "his beard was as brown as a grizzly bear." That implies other qualities about him beyond his beard. If comparing his beard to the fur of a bear is fitting, then he must be like a bear in some other, more abstract sense. Think about the image that statement conjures up as opposed to "his beard looked like smeared poop."

Also, the sophistication of your language and word choice sets the tone. Take that into consideration when writing an appropriate metaphor
>>
>>28961295
Because. That's why
>>
>>28948435
Then you came to the right place. I've got a lot of experience with what I do here.

>>28957351
Well, I suppose it depends on how loyal you want to be to RDP. If it takes around that long in the videos for him to get to the point, and you want to preserve that, then go ahead, but understand that there will be folks who don't automatically get the connection.

If I'm understanding this correctly, Greg's style is more suited to shorter things, because it's more casual and less detailed. If you want to keep with that style, then you won't be able to lengthen your story much more. If not, then you can add in more descriptive prose, more character actions, and things like that. If you want to practice descriptions, I would advise you select some scenes or settings that you know well, or that are particularly interesting to you, and write about them as though you were right there. Focus on sensory things, like sight, sound, and all that jazz. It's about putting in enough detail so that someone who has never seen what you're describing can still imagine it, so you need to also be able to think about what someone else might find important. In Twilight's void, you might spend a few sentences talking about how intense the silence is, and how it starts to press in on her after a while. You might describe the staleness of the air, with no new scents coming over from Sugarcube Corner.

Your grammar has a good amount of very small issues, nothing that really jumped out at me as a consistent problem, aside from missing periods on a lot of sentences. The second sentence on line 213 makes no sense. Line 294 has "millennia," when it should be "millennium." On line 182, it should be "from," not "than." Those are random, isolated examples I found just now. A lot of it is also just with word choice; you can stand to vary your vocabulary a bit, as well as sentence length. As you said, you're using flowery language here and there's no need.

You're welcome. I'll be here.
>>
>>28963733
I think I'd be able to get away with longer stories overall, considering Greg's stuff is very visual and dialogue heavy. He doesn't have to set the scene, the scene sets itself. Anons who have read some of my other stuff who are also fans of Greg's don't seem to mind too much, so I'm gonna try to sacrifice a shorter story with more description. As for people not getting the connection, I understand that, and I honestly should've given a bit of a reference point to Greg's stuff before posting the story to make sure everyone was on the same page. Although I think a lot of the issues that you mentioned carry over into my non-parody stuff too, so it's good that you got everything out on the table.

As for periods, are you talking about not having a period on a sentence like this:
>The warmth of the fire spread about the room, illuminating the various features of the space as it danced about
Because I usually don't add periods at the end of sentences like that. Dunnow why, I've just kind've developed my style that way. Thanks for pointing out my other shortcomings though. I'll keep 'em in mind.

Also, that first quote is from me as well. I didn't see you had left some feedback until someone pointed it out to me. I learn best from people shredding my stuff, so please keep doing that.
>>
>>28963892
I see. I knew the first quote was yours; rather, I assumed it. I'll be here if you ever need anything else critiqued.
>>
>>28944797
wait for your critique.
last version - http://pastebin.com/6XuAEgSG
>>
Good morning
>>
>>28967665
>>
>>28964956
I'm working on it now. It'll be up before I go to bed tonight.
>>
File: Brony Son.png (226KB, 1243x1838px) Image search: [Google]
Brony Son.png
226KB, 1243x1838px
>>
>>28964956
This is one inconsistent story you’re writing. At least, it appears that way from the first and only chapter. For the first half, I thought you were making fun of the classic “Anon reaches Equestria, gets laid constantly afterwards” formula, and doing a good job of it too. However, once he gets back home with Twilight, you threw all notions of that out the window. I’m imagining one of two things is the case here: you’re going to have Anon wise up the morning after, having been caught in the heat of the moment, and feel grossed out and violated; or you’re going to have him realize he was being silly earlier, and submit to the world’s overtly sexual culture. Obviously, I can’t predict which one that will be, or even be certain that it IS one of those two options, but it’s important that you know where I’m coming from as I proceed.

I liked how you had Anon in his new body. His obvious discomfort and bafflement with the new physiology and setting came through well, and I appreciated the humor, especially when Twilight decides to feed him. There is one place where you slipped up, and he’s able to do something he oughtn’t; on line 65, you have him shield his eyes with a hoof, meaning he’s on three legs. I doubt he could keep his balance, so new into his pony body. You kept the same thing up well when he was having sex with Twilight, but it had less of an effect on me, because I was reeling from the rapid change in tone. 1/?
>>
>>28970382
Ordinarily, when a story’s tone changes drastically, I advise that the author get his or her priorities straight, figure out what kind of thing they want to write, and then focus on that, rather than trying to get multiple things at once. Here, I want to advise a bit more. Quick tone changes are one thing, but when those two tones contradict each other, it becomes more complicated. If you’re planning on threading this together somehow, you’ve got your work cut out for you. It’s not impossible, but it’ll be difficult, and touchy. You might need to go back and fix this first chapter, and you’ll definitely need to do that if you plan on abandoning one of the tones you used.

You spent so much time writing Anon as a victim of Twilight’s and the boss’ advances that his turnaround into having sex with Twilight makes no sense. Your attempt to justify it on line 439, with him succumbing to her beauty, is not sufficient to counteract all his fear earlier on. It makes everything you wrote before seem weak and puerile, if all it takes is a brief look into Twilight’s eyes to get him to go along with what she wants. Even if you do want to make it a heat of the moment kind of thing, and later have Anon regret his decision, you’ll need something stronger than what you have to get him to switch over in the first place. Line 431, meanwhile, is too little too late. Having Anon think these things, especially when it’s the first time you’re letting the reader in on his thoughts, is not particularly helpful. His thoughts of home, while important, are coming at a time when everyone, reader included, is about to start paying attention to Twilight, and are wasted. Him wondering whether he should resist kind of pointless, meanwhile, when he’s willingly gone into her bedchamber, knowing what is likely to happen. 2/?
>>
>>28970402
Additionally, the sex scene itself is too pleasant to support an eventual return to avoiding Twilight. He can enjoy it, and even believe himself to be making the right choice at the time, but you, the author, need to put a less sunny spin on it if you want your earlier tone to stand up to anything later on. My first thought would be to take what little romance is in there out. Twilight seems quite clearly in this for the pleasure and power, not for enjoying this particular filly. I see no reason for her to spend so long kissing on him, when there’s plenty of other viable foreplay options out there.

It is for these reasons that sticking with one style and letting the other drop is not a good idea; whichever you choose, there will be something that came before that undermines it. Personally, I think your best option would be to have Anon wake up the next morning and immediately wish he hadn’t have given in. It seems to me that that option will preserve the story’s integrity best. You can write in something about him not thinking straight on account of the new body. All those new female pony hormones going through him probably make it hard to think straight.

That’s enough abstraction on the future. I thought line 53 was a strange first question for Twilight to ask. In retrospect, it kind of looks like you’re going for a hyper-mature world, where sex is just played up a lot, rather than a world that’s specifically and singularly centered on sex, but I don’t know. Regardless, why would Twilight ask whether Anon's drunk, point blank like that? How about an “are you okay?” or an “are you hurt?” 3/?
>>
>>28970428
Anon’s whole job finding process was too easy. I’m not going to say that it was too short, but it appeared to be too easy. The boss has no apparent intentions of making Anon into a concubine right at the beginning, which means he has no reason to speed through testing him. You, meanwhile, need not speed through either. What good is it if Twilight catches him later that day, rather than, say, tomorrow? Your story could benefit from Anon spending more time at his job, and suffering under the boss. Maybe let Anon get raped up there with the management, so he has a stronger reason to go back to Twilight and seek her protection. If you let his situation become more dire, that’ll help to ameliorate the sense that he’s not worried about Twilight, because he’ll be going for what is clearly his only option. Fear can motivate him to fight back, but if he gets broken right then and there, then going to Twilight suddenly seems a lot more understandable. Besides, it’ll give your chapter a little more substance, and it’s not like he’s going to keep that vestal puss much longer.

Line 377 is too heavy-handed, and, I might argue, unnecessary. This chapter is focused on Anon and Twilight, and, at least in that way, it’s fine. Two characters is a good starting point. If you are planning on involving Spike later, don’t have Anon immediately take pity on him. Anon should be, at this time, too busy shitting himself over Twilight’s return to pay Spike much attention. If anything, Spike is someone to be mistrusted. He is Twilight’s servant, her agent, her thrall. If you need to introduce Spike now so he’s set up for future chapters, fine, but do so in a less emotional way. Let them play their game, and he can say he’s neglected, but don’t have Anon think too much about that. It will be a point of subtlety in a section that is bereft of it. 4/5
>>
>>28970446
Lastly, line 481. This was a really weird line for me, and for more than the obvious reason. By that point, I had accepted that it was a world where ponies took advantage of the young without a problem. That’s one distinct type of perverted, something more cultural and systematic, and that’s fine. If that’s the story you’re going for, then go for it. Celestia getting a big cock, though, that’s a much more physical type of perversion. If you want a blend of the two, you might consider introducing the second aspect sooner. Hell, right off the bat, I’m imagining you can just have Twilight sprout one when she makes her first run at Anon. If one princess can get a dingaling, why not the other, you know?

Your grammar could use some work as well. I’m not going to list every single mistake; that would be preposterous. I did note some things toward the beginning, though. On line 15, you’ve got the wrong pronoun. On line 49, you should remove the world “all.” On line 111, “since” should be “for.” On lines 221 and 233, you should replace “work” with “job.”

So, overall, the biggest problem is the story’s inconsistency. If you’re going to try to connect the two tones in this, you’re going to have a lot of work ahead of you, both in the future and with the present chapter. This first chapter is trying to do two things at once, and it’s not working too well. Whether it’s disastrous or merely problematic depends on what happens next. 5/5
>>
>>28970455
thanks!
>“Anon reaches Equestria, gets laid constantly afterwards” formula, and doing a good job of it too
Could you pls explain why you think so?
>All those new female pony hormones going through him probably make it hard to think straight.
yes, that's what I did later
>I see no reason for her to spend so long kissing on him, when there’s plenty of other viable foreplay options out there.
I understand your point, but I disagree. It's too subjectively.
> Regardless, why would Twilight ask whether Anon's drunk, point blank like that? How about an “are you okay?”
I did it on line 49.
I think line 53 is just failed attempt to make a joke.
>You, meanwhile, need not speed through either.
>Anon spending more time at his job, and suffering under the boss.
I did it intentionally. The reason is I wanted to spend time outside the Castle/Twilight as little as possible. I had ideas about both Anon suffering under the boss and him in an orphanage. But I threw them out. It would be too many OC and very far from the concept I wanted to follow. Abusive Twilight + Anon not knowing what to do with this. I want Twilight to break him, not OC.
>Line 377 is too heavy-handed
thx, I'll keep that in mind.
>If one princess can get a dingaling, why not the other, you know?
I have the explanation about it in the later chapter. But as you mentioned this, It can really be confusing for a reader.
>So, overall, the biggest problem is the story’s inconsistency. If you’re going to try to connect the two tones in this
Ok, if it really looks that awful I will try to follow only one tone.
>>
>10
nooo
>>
>>28974221
>>
Dissecting poetry is still hard.
>>
>>28971788
No problem.

>breaking the formula
I think you did a good job of that because the beginning had all appearances of being a generic fuck-fest, so Anon trying to save himself came as a total and welcome surprise. It was funny, well-timed, and it kept me on my toes.

>the joke on line 53
Yeah, I didn't get that impression at all. Probably because I don't see Twilight as the kind to make a crass joke like that, especially to a filly she just met. I guess if she's going to rape her later, she might be in character, but I had no reason to know that then.

>outside the castle
Then why let him escape at all? Why not have Twilight contrive some way to keep him inside from the very beginning? If him going for the job is to give him some false hope of escaping the abuse, then there's another reason to lengthen the job part. You give him enough time to develop a taste of freedom before it's broken. To keep the boss from breaking him, you'd just need to rewrite him so he doesn't immediately go for the sex. Have him insinuate certain threatening things, but not make any overt moves, so, when Twilight comes around, Anon can go to her out of fear. Written okay, and with Twilight's earlier behavior toned down, fear will be a suitable motivation. Or, even better, don't let him decide it at all; have her negotiate with the boss, and then just drag him back, like they did with slaves back in the 1800's.

>inconsistency
Keep in mind that it's the first chapter. If you're going to thread these two things together in the future, then you don't have to eliminate one entirely, just mitigate it. They will need to blend together eventually, but you can have some distinction early on. Just make it less drastic. Right now, they contradict each other, when you want them to merely look strange together.
>>
welcome to december
>>
>>28976932
And one from scatman
SKIPPITY BOP
BIP BOOPITY BOOPITY BOP
BIP BOW
>>
>"Pssst."
>"PSSSSSSSTTT."
>Your eyes slowly creak open as your brain groggily spurs to life, shaking off the fatigue of many days rest.
>The tip of a hoof tapping on your cheek aids in waking you while making you more annoyed.
>Your eyelids are only halfway open when a blurred face pops suddenly into view, startling you fully awake.
>"Oh goodie, you're finally awake! I was starting to think that I accidentally killed another one."
"W-What? Where am I?"
>"You don't remember? You're in my wonderful home! I fixed you up after you had that nasty fall of yours."
>You lift your head from the table to look over the pony to your side feeling the pai-
>Nothing?
>You cautiously lift both forelegs and to your surprise the regular searing pain accompanying their movements is no more.
"What did you do to me? How long have I been asleep?"
>"Ah, all good questions."
>The blue stallion leans casually against your table, twirling his hoof in the air.
>"First, I removed the sword in your leg. That one was a nasty bugger to get out, and that's why there's that blood spurt on the ceiling. Then we s-"
>You put your hoof in front of his face, silencing him.
"You know, you talk too much. My gear. Where is it? I had a saddle bag with me, I want it now."
>"My my, quite the cranky one eh? Don't worry, I'm the same way when I've just woken up."
>Whirler trots out of the room for a moment, coming back with a familiar saddle bag in his teeth and a beaming smile on his face.
>"'Ere you go!"
>You quickly snatch the bag from him, sitting up on the table.
>"I'd reckon you've been out for about two or three days now."
"What about my limbs? Where did the pain go?"
>Whirler taps his horn, flashing you a cocky grin.
>"Magic, sweetheart. A few spells here and there and you wont even notice a thing. Reserved solely for expert users, such as myself."
>Paying the stallion no mind you sit and think for a moment, recalling the bandit attack and your crawl through the woods.
>>
>>28981757
>Whirler rests his head on his hoof, staring at you with intent.
>"That's right darling, only for expert magic users like me. There's so many ways you can use a horn, you know."
>You only have to turn and stare at him to get your message across.
>"Alright alright, we can start off slow."
>You roll your eyes, hopping down from the table and stretching out your limbs.
>This felt so much better, you could feel the regular power coursing through your body, unaccompanied by pain.
>Every inch of you had the exact same feeling in it, aided by the sole thought blaring in your mind.
>Violence.
>Revenge.
>You only managed to get two of those bastards last time, you intended to finish the job.
"Do you know of any bandits around here? Specifically a group of five or so, their leader using a polearm?"
>"Ohhhh, you must mean Oak's band. They camp about five miles west from here most of the time. They come around and make a real mess of our tavern every once in a while. Don't mention them around town, they don't have the best reputation around here."
>You lift your saddle bag on your back, giving yourself one final full stretch before heading to the door.
>"Hey, wait!"
>Whirler follows you to the door, opening it for you and taking a low bow.
>"After you, m'lady."
>You brush past him, staring straight ahead as your armor adjusts on your body with each step.
>"Now that you're awake, I hoped we might discuss some form of *ahem* compensation. For all of your care, of course. You were quite the fickle patient, you kept waking up in the middle of the night screaming for your sword. Had to give you a stick just to calm you down."
>You grunt, not even bothering to look at him.
"You should consider it compensation that I didn't trash your home when I woke up for even touching me at all."
>"My my, you certainly don't warm up, do you? Do I need to remind you that I saved you?! You woul-"
>You turn to face him, shoving a hoof in his muzzle.
>>
>>28981764
"I never asked for your help. I would've been fine without you, I don't need vermin like you for anything."
>A shocked look splits across his face accompanied by welled up eyes, but he quickly wipes them away with a sniffle as you continue walking.
>"Fine then, I'll ask as a favor."
>Whirler trots in front of you, stopping you in your path and staring deep into your eyes with a pleading look.
>"Judging by your wounds, you're either a very good swordsman or a very bad swordsman. I need to take my chances now. We've gotten word from a passing Royal Guard troop that some rogue Changling unit left over from the recent battle might be passing through here soon. I've no idea if it's true or not, but some of the townsfolk are a bit scared. This sort of thing never happens to us, so we have no defenses. Most of us have never even held a sword before."
"So? Why should I care?"
>"Maybe as a favor to us for helping you, you could stay around for a bit. You look really skilled, and just having you around would soothe the townsponies. We'd feed you for free, and you could be a town hero if you saved us!"
>You stare at him in silence for a moment before throwing your head back and letting out loud laughter.
>"W-What's so funny?"
"Save you? Save these people?! Tell me, why would I risk my life for something like that? If you ponies can't defend yourselves, you deserve to have this entire place burned to the ground. Now get out of my way, I need a new sword and I need to go visit some bandits."
>The awestruck stallion steps to his side as you walk forward, not sparing a passing glance at him.

>Passing by a large number of tiny homes, timid looking ponies and stray cattle, you end up at what you assume is the town square.
>About 20 ponies wander around the square escorting fillies and colts to and from the few shops and stands set up.
>Most of these stands were selling things usless things to you like cloth and food, but a particular one catches your eye.
>>
>>28981768
>A large wooden rack stood in the center of the square, a multitude of farm tools leaned up against it.
>An elderly mare sat in a chair next to it, slowly nodding off to sleep.
>The tools don't interest you in any way, but the dusty looking sword on the edge of the rack catches your eye.
>You cross the square to the rack and give the salespony a nudge.
>She snaps up in her chair with a snort, rubbing her eyes.
>"Huhwhatzat?"
"How much for the sword?"
>"The what?"
"The sword. The one on the edge there."
>"Oh goodness, that sword! Let me see here..."
>The mare slowly stands from her chair and hobbles to the blade, looking it over.
>She lets out a small chuckle as you picks it up, peering down the blade fondly.
>"You know deary, I've had this sword here for thirteen years now and haven't had a single pony ask about it."
>She gently hoofs you the blade, smiling sweetly.
>"That one belonged to my grandad, he fought on the frontlines in the Great Yak War all those years ago."
>You grip the blade, turning it over.
>"I still remember all the wonderful stories he would tell me on late nights before bed, and even a few of his scars he earned during the war."
>The sword was a decent size, several hooves tall and at least six or seven pounds.
>The handle was wrapped in frayed cloth and the pommel had seen better days, but it looked battle worthy at least.
"How much?"
>The old mare smiles, resting a hoof on your shoulder.
>"You look like you really need it. I've had this blade for so long, and when I look at it, it gives me the same feeling you do."
>"Just itching for another fight, something I can never give it. I'll never sell this thing here I think the last thirteen years proved that. If you put it to good use, it's yours."
>You simply nod your head stoically, grabbing up its sheath from the floor.
>You attach the sheath to your back, depositing the blade in it's home.
>"Any thing else I can interest you in deary?"
"No, I-"
>>
>>28981780
>The words drop out of your mouth as you stare straight ahead, far past the old mare and her tools.
>A lone filly stands in the alley far behind her, unmoving.
>She simple stares ahead, her emerald eyes piercing through her dirty black mane.
>Her gaze creeps into your very being, completely captivating you.
>A sudden feeling of dread washes over you like a harsh wave, rendering you silent.
>"Deary? Are you alright?"
>A sudden hoof waving in your face abscures your vision.
>You quickly bat it away, but the filly is already gone as soon as she appeared.
"Yeah, fine...."
"Who was that filly?"
>The mare glances behind her, scoffing and nodding her head.
>"That was probably Etherea. A curious filly, she likes to tease any visitors we have."
>You stare on for a few moments longer, contemplating the feeling you received in her presence.
>A quick shake of your head brings you back to reality as you slowly turn towards the edge of town, eager to get on your way.
>You take a single glance back as you pass the town limits, taking in the nearly empty square and all its happy inhabitants before pressing on.

>>28944797
Thank you. I'm sure it must be getting hard now to find new things to say about my story, seeing as its been pretty consistent since its start. What I'm mainly looking for is your opinion on if it's getting too edgy or not. I walk a thin line between dark grit and pure edge, so I'm trying to maintain this balence. Dash will be getting some development soon that will lighten this mood some, but I want her to have this outward appearance of edge. I don't have an editor, so I'm using this thread as my edge detector.
>>
Any good female-on-male rape stories?
Something similar to this in tone:
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/72438/first-times-the-harm
I've basically read all the ones in the fimfic 'rape group' (or whatever it's called), and only this one and part of that story where Twilight masturbates in a time loop really hit the right spot.
Doesn't have to be fappable.
>>
Reposting from >>28983235

So I have an idea for a sequel to a depressing fanfic I wrote the other day, in which Fluttershy dies and Anon is devastated from it.

However, I feel like the sequel might become very dark. The first scene is Sci-Twi snapping at the other girls and telling them that they should have Anon go to a shrink in case all the depression bottled up inside him leads to a situation similar to Midnight Sparkle.

Other moments include Anon dating Angel Wings, only for her to reveal that she has a weak heart and triggering Anon's depression all over again when she has a close call with death and Anon's therapist, EQG!Starlight Glimmer, manipulating Anon into using Equestrian Magic and even revealing that she had a hand in killing Fluttershy just to see how strong friendship is (well, she's bluffing, but still, kinda morbid)

Should I go through with writing it?
>>
File: kurwa.jpg (950KB, 2592x2082px) Image search: [Google]
kurwa.jpg
950KB, 2592x2082px
>>28981316
Once more, for our Pole-cat neighbor.
>>
>>28983502
You had me until the "Glimmer orchestrated the whole thing" because that just comes across as really edgy
>>
>>28985856
>Glimmer orchestrated the whole thing
Well, Glimmer musing on splitting the friends causing people to think she orchestrated the whole thing.
>>
>>28983502
if you think it should get out
>>
File: Fapman on the road again.jpg (54KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
Fapman on the road again.jpg
54KB, 580x580px
>>28984042
*VVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMM*
*SCREEECH*

Oh hey gois, what's going on in here?
>>
File: Plumber.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Plumber.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>28988848
The Fapman trying to bump this thread is not available right now.

Please try again later.
>>
>>28990280
>>
Safety
Thread posts: 386
Thread images: 134

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.