[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vinyl's Side Demo: The Underworld's Cello

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: vinyl.png (26KB, 639x400px) Image search: [Google]
vinyl.png
26KB, 639x400px
One more shill attempt before I give it a rest. Anyone have any thoughts that needs to be shared? I know I gotta change the flashback sequence a bit.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2bc8yvrja1qox9a/Vinyl_Demo.rar

Thank you!
>>
>>28788563
If no one else is going to say anything, I'll at least say that I like the game a lot, have been following it's progress from the beginning. Great job!
>>
>>28788607

Oh, thank you! I'm already getting to work drawing what's truly beyond the door you enter through as Vinyl.
>>
>>28788717
Haven't got around to playing the new demo yet, but already looking forward to it when I have time to try it out!
>>
>>28788717
Do you plan on making multiple endings when the time comes to worry about such things?
>>
>>28788961

Yup!

Worst Ending: Die directly by the necromancer's hoof.

Bad Ending: Don't save ??? and Vinyl and beat the game.

Vinyl or ??? endings: Save one, but not the other.

Best Ending: Save both.
>>
>>28789026
Sounds pretty cool. The kinda endings I imagined there being. Which is a good thing! I guess?
>>
>>28789459

You sound so unsure. Hehe. I'll just say that I plan to make the polar opposite endings, worst and best, the most fun to experience.
>>
>>28788563
this game looks really familiar...
>>
>>28789727
https://derpibooru.org/tags/octavia+in+the+underworld%27s+cello
>>
Just booted this up, do I need to play Octavia's side first to understand what's going on or is it stand alone? And if so, can I get a link to Octavia's side.
>>
>>28790239
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4kouv6y3rcvvvga/Octavia_in_The_Underworld%27s_Cello_Demo_2.0.rar
>>
>>28790437
Is that a yes to needing to play as Octavia?
>>
>>28790437

Not really, you get an idea of what's going on through Vinyl's dialogue, but this is a nice JIC if you want to see what's going on upstairs.
>>
Is Octavia supposed to not say anything when I ask her for advice? It's just a bit confusing when she says 'listen carefully' and then it immediately cuts away from her.
>>
>>28788563
Can you die in this demo?
>>
>>28788563
Just chiming in to also say I've been really looking forward to this game for a long time! I'm a big enough fan of Uninvited and Shadowgate that I have the NES carts still, so I'm beyond excited for this!
>>
>>28790547

It's supposed to imply she told you all she knows and it skips ahead to the event. Although you play as both ponies, they are disconnected from each other on what they know in the story.

>>28790628
Not in this version. Poor Octavia gets all the cruel deaths in the full release. Vinyl only gets one.
>>
File: Coffee 2.png (419KB, 785x996px) Image search: [Google]
Coffee 2.png
419KB, 785x996px
>>28790774
Ah, okay.

>Vinyl only gets one.
Good.
Are we talking a heroic sacrifice kind of deal or more of a 'you just made the wrong choices' kind of deal?
>>
>>28790823

It's more of a "Necromancer had chomped into her before Octavia can make it to her" death.
>>
>>28791345
Ah, the good ol Damsel in Distress death. Classic.

Well, I'm looking forward to the full thing. Do try and keep us updated.
>>
File: Vinyl Scratch no glasses.png (188KB, 880x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Vinyl Scratch no glasses.png
188KB, 880x1024px
>>28788563
I heard about this but haven't played it before. I'll check it out.
>>
bumpa
>>
Can I offer some advice? Not that I know anything about game design.

I feel as if having Cryptania respond to the word 'zombies' is a little easy. You're in a house full of zombies, of course you're going to ask her if she wants to talk about the zombies. That and bats are the first two I tried. Plus, considering the situation, asking about zombies doesn't imply you're a monster enthusiast.

I feel it would be a little better, by no real measure, if you implied that she had an interest in monsters via a conversation with another character, and used that as a springboard for the conversation.

But what do I know, I've never made a game.
>>
Any idea when it'll be finished? Like...Within a year or two?
>>
Can i somehow drop the items from my inventory ?
>>
>>28792953

No, no. That's actually very legit criticism. I'll have Puzzle Piece do the mentioning when you talk to him about the prisoners and remove "zombie" from the list of strings to look out for to flag the event.

Thanks for the suggestion! :)
>>
>>28794333

By placing back where they belong or in the chest.

>>28793711
Hopefully next summer.
>>
>EQD still don't show this demo

Yeah, after a lot of months with stealth updates in derpibooru or here anyone would think that this project is dead like any other MLP fangame project
>>
>>28795646
I'm ok with this. I plan to go all out on advertising when I'm actually done with it.
>>
>>28795646

Better stealth than C&D
>>
>>28795841

You got it. That's my entire game plan. Better than putting it on Steam Greenlight. *cough*Ambient*cough*
>>
>>28794342
Awesome, I can wait until next summer. Hopefully everything goes alright with the development and such. Good luck.
>>
>>28788563
>>
Source code on what SHE thinks of the Princesses, if you are unable to explore the full tree.

@S // Dialog startup entry point
return
@1
cBitterDoor.SayAt(0, 158, 314, "Oh, dear. Don't tell me you are one of THOSE ponies.");
cBitterDoor.SayAt(0, 158, 314, "Contrary to popular belief, she is NOT the omnipotent goddess you think she is.");
cBitterDoor.SayAt(0, 158, 314, "Besides her... 'visions', she's not all-knowing OR all-powerful.");
cBitterDoor.SayAt(0, 158, 314, "By the time word reaches her about my attack, I will already have my revenge.");
BitterDoor.SayAt(0, 158, 314, "I'm glad we had this little talk. Come back to me anytime you need your hopes thouroughly dashed.");
cBitterDoor.Animate(3, 2, eOnce, eBlock, eForwards);
cBitterDoor.ChangeRoom(300);
Wait(40);
cVinylChar.ChangeRoom(95);
return
@2
cBitterDoor.SayAt(0, 158, 314, "You are refering to her power to talk to ponies in their dreams, right?");
cBitterDoor.SayAt(0, 158, 314, "Trust me, I make it a habit to make sure you are all as sleep-deprived as possible.");
cBitterDoor.SayAt(0, 158, 314, "It's possible you MIGHT send out a call to her by keeping your eyes closed, but you must be in a DEEP sleep in order to speak to her.");
cBitterDoor.SayAt(0, 158, 314, "I won't even give you the opprotunity of dreaming.");
BitterDoor.SayAt(0, 158, 314, "I'm glad we had this little talk. Come back to me anytime you need your hopes thouroughly dashed.");
Wait(40);
return
@3
cBitterDoor.SayAt(0, 158, 314, "The princess of love?! What's she going to do, make me go on a romantic date with one of my shuffling corpses?");
cBitterDoor.SayAt(0, 158, 314, "Don't make me laugh!");
Wait(40);
return
>>
>>28788563
Hang on, I thought this was done? Is this the game who's first demo came out in 2013? Or a different one? Certainly looks like it's from the same designer.
>>
>>28798148

This demo and the last one are part of the same game. It's not done yet.
>>
>>28788563
Do you have a website? Do you have a twitter? How can I follow this game without having to be lucky and catch a thread?
>>
>>28799231

Again, I don't have social media. Even if I did, I wouldn't update it. I upload pictures frequently on DA and Derpibooru, though, so you can check those out by subscribing to artist:herooftime1000 or watch the DA page of the same name.
>>
So what are the answers to bat-pones questions? I can't be bothered to trail and error my way through this.
>>
>>28799987

It's unsolvable til the finished version. In the game, Octavia learns these things and relays them to Vinyl.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.