[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bard Quest #11

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 428
Thread images: 11

File: op7.png (441KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
op7.png
441KB, 1000x800px
This is a CYOA about a young pony discovering a world inspired by the many fantasy settings that exist out there

For the most recent events:
>In the minotaur realm, Happy Harmonica (You), or Harmony for friends, left with the zebra monk Winter Seed for the capital Daedalus to attend the yearly Superbrawl, a minotaur festival centred around various physical competitions.
>Along the way, they met Lettuce, a strange variety of vegetal, looking and moving like a pony, and who ended up following the two of them
>And after an unpleasant encounter with a trio of bandits, the pegasus warrior Gale Dust joined them too
>For their last day on the road, they joined a group of minotaur sprotsbulls, which was also accompanied by two pony scientists
>After arriving at the capital in the night, they were also surprised to meet Trotting Stone, the grandfather of Harmony, in a tavern
>After a wacky adventure involving transforming into a mouse and facing a dragon which might just need a little guidance, this little bard mare decides she could try to pull and old foe of her out of villainy
>Our story continues at the end of the first day of the Superbrawl, as this little bard mare comes back to her host’s house alongside her new changeling friend after few administrative formalities

Full story:
https://www.anonpone.com/blord/

Here’s the list of the possessions you currently carry around in your travels:
Your trusty saddle-bags, your coltly headband, a walking stick, a letter from Bomber, a traveller’s blanket, a lighter, the Diamond Claws (which allow the wearer to burrow himself in dirt), your heirloom Harmonica, a med kit, a canteen of water, a rough map of the continent, some carrots, A agility potion, a pouch containing 55 silver coins and 5 cooper coins, a magic flask (which has uncanny transforming effects, depending on what you fill it with).
>>
“Alright!” You beam at the changeling, before starting to walk to your destination again “You can count on your friend for that!”
Sweetheart cocks a confused eyebrow at your enthusiasm toward reminding her to hate you, but since you’re also heading back to the manor with no further question, she simply walks after you in silence. Meanwhile, you wonder about how you’re going to make this changeling actually communicate with other people.

Maybe you could just announce your friendship with a changeling to the world? That way Sweetheart would realise people aren’t as bad as she thinks them to be if they approach her while knowing who she really is.
Would that work? You know stories of changelings being evil temptresses are well known among ponies. But with a little luck, minotaurs may be less ready to get the torches and pitchforks for your friend. Should you simply try it?

Your thoughts are interrupted when Sweetheart catches up and softly bumps on your side.
“Keep walking, airhead” She bluntly whispers in your ear “There’s someone tailing us.”

You shiver. The path you took was desert since everyone is busy partying in the main streets or the northern supporter camp. And you definitely didn’t hear or see anything.

>What do?
>>
>>28774213
SUPER
>>
>>28774213
Quickly turn and look behind you with our ears perked. Ask Sweetheart why does she think they're following us. Maybe they're lonely?
>>
>>28774310
“For real?” You blurt before, turning and perking your ears up, hoping to indentify your mysterious follower.

But you only pick up the sound of Sweetheart’s hoof hitting her own face in consternation.

“Smooth move, smart horse…” Sweetheart grumbles “You made them leave… for now”
“Why were they following us?” You ask in return, a bit disappointed “Do you think they were lonely?”
“No idea. We could have captured and asked them, but, you know, somepony gave them the hint we had noticed them…” The changeling sneers. “And unless you feel like chasing them in the dark, we might as well get going.”

>What do?
>>
>>28774480
Alright,let's get going. They're bound to show their face again sooner or later and when they do you can tap my shoulder or say the code word " flower power"
>>
>>28774511
“Well… You’re right I guess, let’s go” You say, before adding “And if you see them again, just tap my shoulder or say the code ‘flower power’!”
“Sure… I’ll go with the shoulder tap…” The changeling cringes.

You make it back to the manor without any more trouble than Sweetheart being slightly upset when you checked for ponies following you for the eleventh time.

You find your friends together, Gramps teaching them some game of card it seems.
“Hey, Harmony!” Gust hails you as you enter the room with Sweetheart “That was fast!”
“Did you have anything else in mind for tonight? I mean, maybe you’re still a little tired from this morning…” The harrier ass, giving a way less friendly look at the changeling.

>What do?
>>
>>28774935
I don't think we have any plans so let's just relax for awhile before we go to sleep.
>>
>>28774935
Let's eat dinner and privately tell Gale that Nymph called us her friend!
>>
It's going to be fun to resume our journey.
>>
let's hug somepony!
>>
Harmony being daft always amuses me so very, very much.
>>
Have a good night bump
>>
This was quite the productive day.
>>
>>28774935
>The harrier ass
What did he mean by this?
>>
Doot Doot
>>
>>28776521
spooky hugs?
>>
>>28780457
>>28776521
>>28775031
>>28774978

“Nah, not really…” You say, and add a drawn out yawn “Let’s just have dinner and I’m probably going to bed right after!”
You’re so tired you almost fall on the changeling next to you, taking her soft and plush chest in your arms to rest your sleepy form on. You can’t refrain a content smile under the chuckle of everyone else, except the changeling of course...
“H-how about you use your bed instead, Harmony?” Sweetheart offers, making her best to remain calm as she carries you there with forced diligence.
You pout in despair as she drops you. Such a snuggle-resistant mind in such a snugglable body, such tragedy…

A few moments later, you’re all sharing some dinner in the kitchen.

“Guess what, Gust” You whisper to the pegasus next to you while he stuffs his face with cauliflower gratin “Sweetheart, she called me her friend!”
“She did?” An unconvinced Gust answers, after downing a generous mouthful.
“Well, she said that a friend would remind her she has to hate me from time to time…”
The harrier gives you a chuckle while he shakes his head in response. “Well, looks like she does understand you can ask your friends to do something for you, that’s a start… The next step is to have her do something for her friends I guess? I mean, even when her daily bread is not at stake…”

>What do?
>>
>>28780691
I think I know what I must ask of her... I must cuddle her. Her current body is so soft and fluffy that it would be a wrong not to cuddle her.

Then maybe we can think of more stuff tomorrow.
>>
>>28780925
“I know what I’ve got to ask her…” You state, determined “I must cuddle her! Her body is so soft and fluffy… she simply MUST be cuddled! That’s what I’m planning… until tomorrow.”

“A daring idea” Gust chuckles once again “But a head on attack definitely won’t work… Do you have a plan? Maybe I could help.”
You take a look at the changeling. Since she isn’t eating anything, she looks at her hoofs, lost in her thoughts.

>What do?
>>
>>28781025
A surprise attack. Cuddle them while they're distracted. Or just ask them to do something for me though we don't need anything at the moment. Maybe money.
>>
>>28781037
“Mmmmh… I could do a surprise attack?” you ponder aloud.
“Why not…” Gust nods to himself “But the cuddle will only last a few moments with that approach…”
“Dang… Then, asking her to do something, and cuddle her while she’s at it?”
“Nah, she push you away every time…” Gust solemnly shakes his head “She must accept the idea of cuddles in her changeling heart.”
“Huh… you think she’d accept money for cuddles?”
“I’m afraid she only takes love coins… Unless…” The harrier face lights up for a second “Eh… that may be a silly idea, but maybe she’d like to go shopping tomorrow, what do you think? Maybe that’s her thing? I don’t know.” Gust shrugs.

>What do?
>>
>>28781025
We'll suggest a massage to return the one she gave me. Once I've lulled her into a false sense of security, BOOM! Cuddled.
>>
>>28781117
That's not a bad idea, Gale. I'll suggest it to her.
>>
>>28781117
Since I was late the first time >>28781118
>>
>>28781117
We can use the excuse that she needs to get used to being around others.
>>
>>28781118
>>28781132
>>28781136
>>28781140
“Shopping?” Your ears perk up “Hey, that’s not a bad idea! Thanks, Gust!”
“No problem! Let’s just hope she isn’t into expensive stuff, haha!” He chuckles again “And that she isn’t going to be a spoilsport about it.”
“Eh, I’ll convince her somehow. I’ll tell her it’s to fit in… And now…” You rub your hooves together in anticipation “Time for cuddles!”
The meal over, you cheerfully walk to your dear changeling friend.

“Sweetheart!” You say with your usual smile, picking her attention “Say, I wanted to repay you for this morning’s wonderful massage! How about I give you a massage myself! ”
“Huh?” Sweetheart raises a suspicious eyebrow “I thought I was already repaying you my meal back then”
“Eh, that’s beside the point, you know?” You dismiss the matter with a sway of the hoof “I just want to make you feel welcome, because you’re my friend!”

You can feel she knows you have something up your sleeve. But it may be because she doesn’t believe you’re smart enough for that, or because she thinks you’re harmless anyway, or even because secretly, in the deepest ends of her soul, she is desperate for some cuddles, she accepts without any fuss. And a few moments later, Sweetheart lies on her belly and presents her back to you so you can start working on her.
>>
>>28781438
“S-so? How is it?” You ask after a while, stroking her muscles a little randomly, and resisting your growing need to just squeeze her pudgy and soft body in your arms.
“Eh, your technique is horrible” Sweetheart groans softly “But you’re careful enough so it’s not unpleasant. And I always found some pitiful cuteness in those amateur massages…“
“Hehehe…” You laugh evilly in the back of the unsuspecting changeling “Then maybe I should start using my special relaxing technique!”

It’s time to let yourself go wild, and make a little spoon out of the unsuspecting changeling! Although she isn’t smaller than you, she’s certainly a little thicker, which make for a look of her for you to grab. Your tummy rubs against her back while your hooves go hunt for the smooth curves of her own belly, and while you nestle your chin on the graceful and warm neck of your Sweetheart, nudging her with all your body.
“Oh…” The changeling purrs softly, incapable of concealing the obvious sense of comfiness she experiences right now. “I-Is that part of the massage?”

>What do?
>>
>>28781449
it's part of the way -I- give a massage. Now just relax.
>>
>>28781449
Just squeeze her a bit with our whole body. Yes. We can feel the comfy overtaking us.
>>
File: 1367717706798.jpg (52KB, 400x330px) Image search: [Google]
1367717706798.jpg
52KB, 400x330px
>>28781449

...Yes. Yes it is.
>>
>>28781498
>>28781516
>>28781537
“Y-yes” You almost moan “It’s part of the way –I- give a massage”
“There’s… There’s aaaah…” The changeling twitches more and more lazily under your touch, impairing her words “An interesting promiscuity with the client… I might borrow you some ideas in the future, Harmony…”
“Shhh… No more planning, only comfy.” You whisper in her ear, making slow circles with your hooves on her pudgy belly “Only dreams now.”

You squeeze her more, Sweetheart’s pudge overflowing from under your arms as she releases a small huff on contentment. You’re not letting her go, but all her resistance has already been sapped anyway. So you bury your muzzle in the slightly strawberry-scented locks of her mane to fully enjoy the body of your cuddle-buddy, and there you find more than enough comfort to let your tired consciousness drift away.
You dream about lying on a giant, warm pancake this night.

Next thing you know, the rays of the sun are tickling your face. And Sweetheart is still snoring peacefully between your arms.

>What do?
>>
>>28781784
Give her one last cuddle before you get out of bed and get ready for some breakfast.
>>
>>28781784
Carefully peel ourselves away from her and have a nice breakfast. Maybe have a chat with Heartshape.
>>
>>28781819
>>28781906
After one last squeeze of your squishy changeling friend, you decide to let Sweetheart to her dreams since she gets bored at meals anyway. And one perilous but successful stealthy extraction operation later, you go for some breakfast.

That’ll make for some time to spend with your other friends! Reforming Nymph has been so demanding you’ve barely spent any time with Sweetheart since she joined you, what a terrible friend you are…

So it’s time to catch up! You find her with everyone else at breakfast’s table
Although once again, you notice she hasn’t touched anything from the table. In fact, you didn’t really pay attention until now, but you don’t think you ever saw her eat anything since she joined your little group.
“Hey!” You cheerfully greet everyone, before sitting next to the indigo little pegasus. “How’re you doing today, Sweetheart?”
“Oh… Hum…” She stammers with a timid smile, while also shifting a little closer to you “I’m good I think. Nymph… I mean, Sweetheart wasn’t too bad in the end, and Winty was nice. I… Hum” She nods to herself “Yes, yesterday was fun, thanks!”
Although she does seem fine with her cute little grin she directs at you, there’s something else with her that bothers you as you look down at her small form, but you’re not sure exactly what it is… Maybe you could take a guess?

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>28782030
check our her wings. or maybe her size. did she get bigger or smaller?
>>
our eyes are sharp though our mind is sharper.
>>
time to go to bed bump
>>
>>28783739
>>
>>28782588
Does she have something on her face?

Also, you kept calling Heartshape 'Sweetheart'.
>>
>>28785609
fug, I was tired
>>
Heartshape a cute.
>>
blump
>>
>>28785609
>>28782588
>>28783038
Let’s see, what could have changed in your little friend Heartshape. Heartshape. That’s her name, and not Sweetheart, that’s how you call your changeling friend. Only someone with a sick, twisted mind would mix the two names.

Anyway, back to Heartshape…
Same fluffy wings, same cute little face, everything seems in proportion. However…
You hold your hoof just above your eye-level, and then move it toward you indigo friend… to barely brush against the top of her mane!
The evidence strikes you. Her smallness increased! Or her bigness decreased, whichever makes more sense. She could actually pass as foal right now, even though she still has the proportions of an adult.

“Hum… Do I had something on face?” Heartshape sheepishly asks in response to your confused face.

>What do?
>>
>>28788158
Are you getting shorter?
>>
>>28788182
“Heartshape? Are you getting shorter?” You ask, still confused.
She meeps then bites her lip, but still muster a forced smile to talk to you.
“Hum… M-Maybe?” She stutters like a foal caught stealing from the cookie jar.

>what do?
>>
>>28788230
Pick her up and cuddle her. While this isn't TOO bad you don't want her to get so small that we won't be able to hold her anymore. We must find a way to keep her at a normal size. Does she know if she's going to keep getting smaller?
>>
>>28788230
How in the world are you getting smaller?
>>
>>28788247
>>28788477
“Daww…” You coo as you pick her up with even less efforts than last time. She’s more and more like a warm little plush between your arms! “Heartshape, this is…” You say try to say, but can’t resist rubbing your cheeks on the top of her head, getting a small giggle out of her “This isn’t TOO bad, but… if you get too small I wouldn’t be able to hold you anymore. I’d better have you at normal size… Are you going to shrink even more? Heck, how in the world did you shrink in the first place!”

“Well I… I just get smaller… as long as I don’t eat.” The filly-sized pegasus clumsily answers “I guess I could remain at a stable size but I, hum… I mean… I feel better that way” She says, looking up with a pleading smile to you “I don’t mind at all getting smaller… even… I like it, I guess? Is… is that too much trouble?”

>What do?
>>
>>28788538
Heartshape, I think it would be for the best that you ate. Maybe even more than usual. Can you do that for me, please?
>>
>>28788538
I don't want to force feed her if she's not hungry but I also don't want her to get smaller. Pretty soon she's going to fit in our hoof and then what will we do? What if we lose her somehow? Will we have to keep her in a jar with holes in it?
stay this size heartshape, please!
Will eating more get you bigger?
>>
>>28788567
>>28788569
“I think you should eat.” You tell your friend on your lap “Actually, even more than usual. Would that make you bigger?”

“Y-yes, I think I would…” She says, before dreadfully eyeing a loaf of bread sitting of the table, as if the baked good was threating her for her lunch money.

“Well, go on, then. I don’t want to force feed you, but I don’t want you to get too small either, you know?” You explain her “If you keep it up like that, soon you’ll fit in my hoof! And what if I lose you then? I don’t want to have to keep you in a jar with holes!”

“B-but… I mean…” Heartshape meekly interjects “I really feel better like that, and I wouldn’t mind being a little smaller. A-and it should be alright. I mean, I have wings, I could just fly away from danger, even if I’m too little, r-right?”
You can feel it costs her a lot to even argue against you, and that in the end, she’ll do what you say if you ask her.

>What do?
>>
>>28788538

We'd better get her to a shaman before she gets so small she disappears.
>>
>>28788790
How about staying this size for awhile and if you still wanna get smaller then you can.
>>
>>28788790
But bigger dangers would travel a lot quicker than you can fly away.
>>
>>28788800
>>28788856
>>28788887
“Heartshape… I’m gonna need to see a shaman to make sure you don’t shrink so much you disappear if you keep it up like that!” You say with a chuckle “And bigger dangers would catch up on you, don’t you think? How about you at least try to remain at this size for a while and then we can go smaller if you want.”

“Hum…” She tamely nods “A-alright, I’ll eat…”
Reluctantly, she takes the oh so terrible loaf of bread in her hooves appraises it like one of the most horrifying sight in the world such as a carved pumpkin or a spoiled apple pie. But after some hesitation, she timidly takes a bite.
And from there, it seems like something just clicked in the little pegasus’s mind. Her pupils go wide, and after a few moment of contemplation, she starts to ravenously devour the bread as would someone for her first meal in a week… which might be her case. The loaf disappears in only a few seconds, and immediately she has grabs another. Already the tip of her mane in brushing a tiny bit higher on your face, you think.

>What do?
>>
>>28789110
pat her mane and call her a good filly. make sure she doesn't eat TOO much though.
>>
>>28789151
This.
>>
>>28789151
>>28789322
“Good filly!” you say as you pat her mane, but you get no response. Heartshape seems completely focussed of her task of endlessly stuffing her face with the nearest food on the table.

It’s very awkward, and a little fascinating to feel the little pegasus getting heavier on your lap, even more than to see her frames slowly rising up to catch up on yours.
“Alright, I think it’s enough” You tell the little Pegasus, which just added up to her size from when you met her. But she doesn’t respond to you, and keep scooping everything eatable on sight.
“Uhm…. Heartshape” You call again with increasing nervousness, but to no avail. Even tickling her don’t not make her react.

And even before Heartshapes goes as far as to steal his carrot right out of Gramps’ hoof, all eyes on the table have turned to her.
“Heartshape?” Gramps worriedly calls her too, but as she doesn’t answer he turns to you “Harmony, what’s going on with her?”

>What do?
>>
>>28789433
She ate a loaf of bread, now she won't stop eating.
>>
>>28789433
Time for her to stop. Would Gust mind holding her still until she calms down?
>>
>>28789433
This will require a firmer approach then just asking. Time to get her away from the table and to an empty room with no food in it.
>>
>>28789446
>>28789455
>>28789463
“I-I don’t know!” You blurt in panic “She just munched a loaf of bread, and now she just won’t stop! Gust, help me drag her away. Gramps, Winty, take the food out of her sight!”

Gust jumps to help you stop the binge eating mare before it gets worst. Heartshape does her best to shrug the two of you away and continue her craze, but you let her no choice, grabbing her by the arm and forcing her still on the ground. Guttural grunts of anger come out of her mouth as it isn’t packed with food, and she vehemently tries to escape your grasp with the impossible strength of a madmare, her thrashing giving the harrier some substantial trouble, even with your help! She does calms a little when Gramps finishes to clean the table of any food, though. Thankfully, you reacted fast enough she’s still a tiny bit smaller than the average pony.

You have to hold her still for one more minute or so. After that, her breathing start to slow, and you can see a confused and scared look replacing the feral rage on Heartshape’s face.

“H-hum… W-what h-happ-ppened?” She stutters, even more shyly than usual.

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>28789705
Somebody has an appointment with the local shaman.
>>
>>28789705
Heartshape, do you know who I am and where you are? Don't worry, nothing bad happened, you just a little overexcited as all and we might have to tie you up next time we feed you or make sure there is only some food in front of you.
>>
got on page nine pretty quickly.
>>
I'm glad that she got back to normal again.
>>
we gotta be more careful the next time we feed her though at least it's not that much of a problem to handle.
>>
>>28789705

I'm pretty sure that's what they call binge-eating.
>>
>>28789705
>she’s still a tiny bit smaller than the average pony
Does that mean she's bigger than us now?
>>
HUG HER!
>>
File: file.png (405KB, 778x1074px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
405KB, 778x1074px
Early plant bump.
>>
>>28791981
>>28791944
>>28791730
>>28791062
>>28789799
>>28789772
Yep, you’re pretty sure Heartshape just passed the tittle of the smaller mare to you. Your little softball became big, and now she could be the big spoon if she wanted. But there’s more important things to consider right now, like the well-being of your friend!
Buuutttt… you guess you can experiment holding the not-so-small her while you check on her.

“Heartshape! Please tell me you know who I am and where you are!” You worriedly ask, squeezing her filled out body in your hooves.
“O-of course I know, Harmony, and we are...” She looks around her, still a tad confused “And we are, hum… Still in the kitchen, right? I was going to eat bread and then…” Her eyes flutter in confusion “W-what happened?”

You tell her about the binge-eating she just went through. She looks saddened as you explain, but not particularly surprised.
“Huh… So, that’s what happens…” Heartshape sighs, sulking a little “I… I always felt like there was holes in my memory whenever I got food. I guess it could have been worst, r-right?”
“Yeah…” You wince “I think tying you up while you eat would be enough… Gosh, that’s a really horrible thing to say! Anyway, I think a little visit to a shaman would be in order!”

Soon after, you and your friends come enter the shop of Willowhorn, who’s thankfully available.
He considers your words with the utmost seriousness, and soon traces black lines of ink on Heartshape as he examines her. As the minotaur interrogates her, the not-so-little pegasus also reveals she’s been feeling hungry for as long as she remembers, at every instant. And even more since she grew.
>>
>>28795720

“There’s a lot of disturbing things about her.” The old minotaur concludes after fifteen minutes of check-ups “The lack of a cutie mark and memories despite her mature body and mind for a start. And more importantly… her physical form isn’t bound by the same laws as us. I have no idea what caused that, and I have yet trouble to imagine the exact extend of the transformation, but I think I managed to understand the core concept of how her body now works.”

The old shaman clears his throat “To make it short, her body is capable of turning anything it eats into energy, but also the other way around. That’s why she shrinks instead of getting slimmer when she fasts, because she can use every bit of her to produce the energy to live. And likewise, her body isn’t limited to simply fat and muscles to stock the energy from what she consumes. Of course, the rate she can absorbs what she eats is unnatural, and so is the craze she enter when she eats… And I’m afraid I do not have the way to directly remove any of these traits.” The reveal makes Heartshape's ears drop a little.

“And if what you say is true…” The shaman turns to you, a grim expression on his face “Heartshape could bring a great disaster upon the world… think about it, what would have happened if you didn’t stop here immediately? I don’t think she would have stopped searching for things to consume any time soon… and she would have kept growing…” The indigo pegasus shivers at the thought.

“My guess, is that this curse was bestowed upon her with intentions of using her for a clearly malevolent purpose.” Willowhorn continues, very serious through all his exposition “You should watch out.” He adds at you and your friends’ intention “Seeing the amount and complexity of magic she’s probably been subjected to, the ones who inflicted this curse on our friend here might be tempted to take her back instead of starting from scratch again…”
>>
>>28795736
Once again, Heartshape shrinks on her sit, shivering.

“As for her right now… I can give her some herbal tea which should suppress her appetite. That should relieve her a little, and could maybe help preserve her consciousness even when she eats. I also recommend she didn’t use or consume anything magical, there’s a possibility she’d absorb the energy and start a binge, on top of triggering growth…”

“Also, that might be a long stretch, but it would be a good thing if she discovered her cutie mark.” The shaman declares “Having a purpose, a way to define herself could do wonders to her ability to remain in control of herself.”

>What do?
>>
>>28795743
Wow, that is a lot to take in. But alright. At least these are things that we can do and help with.
protect her
make sure she drinks her tea
and help her find her cutie mark. oh boy it's like being a filly again.
everything is gonna be oook.
>>
>>28795743
At least there's a silver lining. Cheer up Heartshape! We can go find your cutiemark. How does that sound?
>>
>>28795866
Oh! New idea! What about having Sweetheart help Heartshape find her cutiemark?
>>
>>28795796
>>28795866
>>28795890
“W-woah… That’s a lot to take in…” You mutter, shaken. But your discomfort is nothing to what Heartshape must be going through, and she looks mortified about the reveals. So you put on your best smile, and softly take her in your arms.
“Don’t be like that, Heartshape…” You tell the depressed pony “If there’s one good thing about this, it’s that we can all help you! First we can protect you!”
“You bet we will!” Gust adds, proudly puffing out his chest “I’ve seen dragons, nothing short of that will scare me, now!”
“And with that tea you won’t have to feel hungry all the time” You add.
“I’ll make sure to carry some around.” Winty continues “It’s the least I can do for you”
“And we’ll help you find your cutie mark! Oh boy, it’s like being a filly again! Isn’t that exiting?”
“I’ll make sure you’ll find your mark!” Gramps promises “I don’t know if you noticed, but somebody here has her Gramp’s birthday gift as a cutie mark!”
“See? Everything is going to be oooook!” You conclude with a giggle.
A meek smile forms on her face, the cheers of everyone getting to her. And finally, she reciprocates the embrace, earnestly squeezing your little form in her arms… they grow up so fast!

For two silvers, Willowhorn gives you enough tea to last for a month or so. And since in the end it’s just regular appetite suppressant, you shouldn’t have to come back to the old shaman to find more. You thank him and leave shortly after.
On the way, you think about involving Sweetheart into the research of Heartshape’s cutie mark… two birds one stone?

Speaking of the devil, you’re met with a particular sight as you come back to the manor. Just as you arrive at the corner of the street, you see an earth pony stallion, cheerfully waving at somebody at the portal of the Oakvale’s property, before leaving toward the streets on a light and happy trot.
>>
>>28796202
It doesn’t take long for you to notice Sweetheart at the door, and she seems to be in the best mood you’ve seen her since you met her.
“Oh, hi there” The changeling happily greets you “I helped myself for some breakfast. We made apple pie by the way.”

>What do?
>>
>>28796206
Sweetheart! Who the heck was that and what did you do to him?
>>
>>28796206
Well, he didn't seem any worse for wear so I guess that overfeeding really was a one time thing.
>>
>>28796257
>>28796279
“Sweetheart! Who the heck was that?” You angrily ask her as you trot to her
“Well, his name was Burt… Bert… Blord?” The changeling answer nonchalantly “Meh… that’s not important anyway…”
“What did you do to him!?” You push on the interrogation, but Sweetheart doesn’t seem moved at all.
“Eh…” She shrugs “I told you. I had breakfast and we made apple pie, that’s all.”

You give her an inquisitive look for a while, but…
“Alright…” You concede after a sigh “He didn’t seem worn out, so I guess yesterday really was an exception…”
“Of course!” the changeling nods to herself “Now that I have enough reserves to actually pace things, it’s going to be a lot easier for everyone. Anyway, I guess we should check in at barracks or whatever, right?”

>What do?
>>
>>28796415
Let's do that. Isn't this much better then being in a jail cell?
>>
>>28796415
Sure. So... you picked some random stallion off the street, fed off him, and made an apple pie? How did you convince him and more importantly is there any left for me?
>>
>>28796528
>>28796622
“Alright, let’s do that” you answer “But first you’re gonna have to show me that apple pie!” And soon the two of you plus some pie are once again walking in the streets of Daedalus together.
You munch your slice while you walk. It’s a little plain, but the apples are good and melt on your tongue!

“So, Sweetheart” You call the changeling once your slice of pie is history “Isn’t that just better than being in a jail cell?”
“Hum… Yeah” She admits “I guess just having a full belly and not being in a cramped cell makes everything more bearable. Even you...”

“Good to hear. And I meant to ask, earlier, you… you picked some random stallion off the street, fed off him, and made an apple pie? How did you convince him?”
“More or less. I just went on an old ‘damsel in distress’ routine to get him.” The changeling smugly start to explain, visibly proud of her hunting tactics “Once I had noticed him, I borrowed some floor, sugar and apples from the pantry, then I bumped into him. It’s the oldest trick in the book, but stallions never took the hint. They’re so oblivious I would be angry if I could feed off their stupidity!” She chuckles to herself “With all the ingredients on the ground, all I had to do was whine about how I wouldn’t be able to make that pie in time for my sick grandma because I was too clumsy… and bam! Suddenly I’ve got one stallion ready to help me bake an apple pie!”
>>
>>28797116
“Sneak in a few compliment about how you don’t know what you’d have done without him, giggle like a retarded filly for no reason, thank him profusely even if he was slowing you down since he didn’t know how to bake, and conclude with a chaste peck on the check and a blush to seal the deal. He was so into it he probably won’t notice anything before noon. And there he’ll rationalize and think it was because of the emotions he feels a little tired. End of the story. Unless he comes back for seconds tomorrow…” Sweetheart concludes with a lick on her plump lips.

>What do?
>>
see you tomorrow
>>
It's a good thing everything is going so well then.
>>
>>28797127
It's almost scary how cold hard and calculating you are about it, but I'm glad that you probably made his day and peacefully got fed. The apple pie was alright too. If he comes back you gotta be truthful to him, ok? Be yourself. Be nice but also be yourself.
>>
sleep tight and good night.
>>
I wonder if changelings get fat.
>>
let's get you out of page nine.
>>
we have the most interesting friends.
>>
>>28798308
>>28799455
“Damn… can changeling get fat?” You curiously inquire.
“Nah, we don’t get fat from eating.” Sweetheart replies with a toothy grin “Only more powerful.”

Shortly after you arrive at the barracks to check in. Once again, no sign of Steel Stache, but the formality is swiftly taken care of.
“To tell you the truth…” You start on the way back “I think It's almost scary how cold hard and calculating you are about your… food”
“Eh…” She shrugs with a smirk “I didn’t see you getting sentimental about that poor apple pie…”And before you have time to object “Yeah, yeah, apple pie isn’t sentient and a real equine being, I know, save yourself the trouble”

“Hum…” You still nod to her “Anyway, I'm glad that you probably made his day and peacefully got fed. The apple pie was alright by the way! But if he comes back you gotta be truthful to him, ok? Be yourself. Be nice but also be yourself.”
“Well…” Sweetheart ponders, only moderately inspired by what you suggested “Honestly, even if you convince Blurt not to run away… which would already be quite the feat even though I’m getting used seeing you pull it off… I think he won’t accept staying with someone who used him like that. You’re definitely an exception when it comes to forgiving others you know?”

>What do?
>>
>>28802061
Maybe if we have a talk with them then they can come around and if they don't then there are plenty of other ponies in the world. You might be surprised at how many "exceptions" there are as long as you can show that you're being genuine.
>>
>>28802061
I know. That's why I hope he doesn't come back. If he does I'm sure we'll talk it out. Worst case scenario is that he's pissed and calls you mean names. Hey, this morning we found out Heartshape is some odd magic anomaly where she gets huge whenever she eats! So in your world domination plans if you ever need a giant pony the size of a mountain you can just use Heartshape. But for real, we have to help her find her cutiemark. It's gotta be hard for the poor filly not having one, ya'know?

Swing by the market and pick up a fresh fish for Cabbage. We've been neglecting he carnivorous portion of his diet. I'm sure he'll love it.
>>
>>28802099
>>28802112
“I know.” You nod in all honesty “I hope he won’t come back actually, but that doesn’t mean you have to be dishonest if he does. The worst that could happen is that he’d call you mean names. But that doesn’t mean you should stop trying! There’s plenty of ‘exceptions’ around the world, you’d be surprised. That’s why you should try to appear genuine whenever you can.”

“Mmmmh…” The changeling groans, still unconvinced “I’m a little tired of feeling ridiculed right now, can we do that later?”

You let out a tired sigh. You’ve definitely made some progress with Sweetheart, but there’s still a lot ahead of you and her.
“Hey” You change the subject “This morning we found out Heartshape is some odd magic anomaly where she gets huge whenever she eats! So in your world domination plans if you ever need a giant pony the size of a mountain you can just use Heartshape!”
“Huh…” Sweetheart eyes widen in genuine surprise “And somepony made her like that? Sounds like the genius kind of plan I would plot.” She nods to herself in what seems like respect for a fellow nefarious schemer.

“But for real” You continue, with a little more seriousness “We have to help her find her cutie mark. It's gotta be hard for the poor filly not having one, ya'know?”
“Gee, you ponies and your butt stamps…” Sweetheart rolls her eyes in annoyance “But magic anomaly or not, her problem is that’s she’s too scared to try doing anything, and I don’t think you can get a good butt grade for that. Heck, maybe you should let her become jumbo sized after all.” The changeling chuckles “Maybe she won’t be such a doormat anymore once she can see fit a dragon in her hoof.” She says… probably joking.
>>
>>28802409
Instead of going back straight to the manor, you decide to go for the market to fetch a special treat for Cabbage. Keeping him on low-protein diet has been a little unfair after all, and a fish should be easy enough to find.
As you search for a fisherbull through the market, you pay attention to Sweetheart’s face, and you’re a little disappointed to see she doesn’t seem interested in anything the market has to offer. To your dismay, you find a minotaur selling fish before you find evidence of a smile on your friend’s face.
However, as you were hand in the four coppers to the merchant, Sweetheart taps your shoulder.

>What do?
>>
>>28802416
we can buy the fish and then start walking towards a sharp corner and turn. Then we wait and jump out and surprise the pony that's following us.
>>
>>28802456

Sounds good
>>
>>28802456
Sounds good to me. Have our beatin' stick ready.
>>
>>28802456
>>28802628
>>28802647
You know what this means.
This time, you don’t do as much as acknowledging it. You finish buying your fish like nothing happened and then walk away. You then take a sharp turn in a smaller, less frequented alley, and both you and Sweetheart wait at the corner. You take your beating stick in your hooves while a menacing green spark crackles on Sweetheart’s horn.

Several agonizing seconds pass, but nobody follows you directly in the small alley. However…
“It’s him!” Sweetheart hurriedly shakes you, and points at a pony still in the crowd of people walking in the main street. It’s a beige unicorn, but most of his face is covered in a scarf bearing the colours of a minotaur Superbrawl team you don’t recognize.
And judging from his eyes meeting yours just now, it looks like he just noticed you himself.

You only have an instant to react.

>What do?
>>
>>28802785
jump forward and fly towards him! keep your eye on him from above!
>>
>>28802818
This and tell Nymph to cover us.
>>
>>28802818
>>28802837
“Cover me!” You tell your changeling friend, before soaring to the ski and preparing yourself to dive on your stalker.

Taking your suggestion in the most literal sense, a beam of green energy fires from Nymph’s horn, causing a little uproar in the crowd of minotaurs as it travels right to the beige unicorn.
But before the beam can come anywhere near him, the unicorn’s horn lights up and he disappears in a sonorous flash of orange, Nymph’s spell miraculously only scorching a bit of dirt.
You hear the same flash just behind you, and turn to see the unicorn stalker starting to run on the roofs of Daedalus.

>what do?
>>
>>28802979
After him! We should have altitude now so unless he has any more tricks we should be able to dive on him.
>>
>>28803005
You’re already in a very good position, since your wings are way faster than his hooves on roof tiles.
So you dive right on him, getting a sharp gasp of pain out of him as you hit him square in the back with all your weight, sending the both of you barrelling a little further. You manage to end of top of him, immobilizing him with your stick pressed on his throat.

Here, you can get a better look on him. Actually, he’s rather young, a few years older than you at tops. His face is soft and almost unmarked and his short mane looks clean and groomed. He’s probably way less in shape than you are, and you see a great deal of fear and little confidence in his eyes.

However, he doesn’t let you more leisure to examine him, as once again he blinks out of existence.
And you can hear the bang of him reappearing in a nearby street.
“What an annoying little pest…” Nymph, who sprouted some bug wings snarls next to you.

>What do?
>>
>>28803247
catch him again and hit him in the back of the head with your stick. he will need a more forceful approach if he doesn't want to talk to us.
>>
>>28803280

I think we should ask him to stop running away first.
>>
>>28803280
>>28803378
You fly up once again and dart with your friend toward the place where you heard your stalker reappear.

However, you find a completely empty alley. There’s nothing, no traces, and you didn’t hear the sound of teleportation again, and you think you’d have heard his hoofsteps too if he was running.

Weird…

“Come on, I just wanted to talk!” You say to the empty air.

>what do?
>>
>>28803405
Did we get a look at his cutiemark? Do we remember the scarf he wore?
>>
>>28803405
That pony better not show his face again if he knows what's good for him because if there is a next time you're going to make sure it's the last time. We need to buy some hoof cuffs. So even if he teleports he can't run.
>>
>>28803435
>>28803472
You think his scarf was from an official team, and you remember enough to make a description.
As for his cutie mark, it was made of three little stars, red blue and yellow.
But that doesn’t change the fact that you lost him…

“Damn that little…” You hiss “That pony better not show his face again if he knows what's good for him… because if there is a next time I’ll make sure it's the last time! Maybe I should buy cuffs, so he can’t run even if her teleports…”

At that point, you notice that for some reason Nymph is looking at you with a dreamy smile on her face, as if you just did something really awesome in her eyes.

>What do?
>>
see you tomorrow
>>
>>28803578
Lets try looking into which team the scarf belongs to and ask around about the stallion's description.
>>
The chase is on. So here are some ideas to start with heartshape.
cooking.
then sports. (racing, ball games)
then dancing.
then a scavenger hunt.
>>
We can also make her read books or try doing math.how about playing board games. Singing, gardening, fixing things.
>>
>>28803578
What? Why are you looking at me like that?
>>
>>28805174

Maybe she's in love with us.
>>
>>28805212
Nah, she did this before. Thought we were cool when we said something threatening.
>>
Have a good night bump
>>
File: 1474422552939.png (84KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
1474422552939.png
84KB, 440x440px
>>28774196
>>
>>28807135
>>
baomp.
>>
Let's go to page 1 and away from 9
>>
Extra tired today
I'm gonna need a day of respite
>>
man it's going to be great when we leave this city.
>>
Kinda hope we're rid of Nymph by the time we get to Hortensia. I'm not sure if we can handle two grumps at once.
>>
Bamp.
>>
Going to bed bump
>>
have a bump from ten.
>>
>>28805732
>>28805212
>>28805174
>>28805092
>>28804167
>>28803614
“Come on…” You roll your eyes to the changeling “Are you going to give me this loving look each time I get angry and vocal about it?”
“Hinhin… You know…” She starts with a playful grin “What if we’re doing this the wrong way, actually? Maybe I should be the one reforming you! Think about it, my genius abilities, your… particular… social skills, on top of a giant Heartshape shooting lasers with her eyes! Doesn’t that sound at least a little appealing?”

“Heartshape isn’t anywhere close to having laser eyes.” You reply, disregarding the changeling’s idea.
“Yet…” She nefariously rubs her hooves together.

You sigh. “Alright, I’m not the one who usually says that but let’s quit joking a little. Unfortunately, we lost that guy. So let’s try to learn a little more about him instead”

You go back to the main street ask around the market about your mysterious pursuer. The scarf he had was apparently bearing the colours of the team Iron Tide, which is among the least popular teams participating the Superbrawl. Aside from that, you learn that he’s been in Daedalus for three days at tops, but no one could tell you where we could be staying. Nobody ever saw him talking with anyone either.

“Alright… That’s as much info we can from here, I guess…” You tell Sweetheart after gathering information for a dozen minutes “Now let’s focus a little on finding Heartshape’s talent!” You beam at the unenthusiastic changeling.
“There so many things to try! I’m gonna make her try cooking! And sports! And dancing! And… Oh! A scavenger hunt just for her! This is going to be amazing!” You jump on your hooves in excitement.
>>
>>28817206
“Well, actually, all those things you said sounded stupid.” The changeling blunty says, like she stated the obvious. “I mean, for Heartshape. First, she doesn’t look like a doer to me. I doubt she’d like showing off or competing, so dancing and sport… Meh. Then with her tumultuous relationship with food, I don’t think cooking will cut it either. And since she seems rather afraid of the outside world, whatever you meant by scavenger hunts will probably fail too.”

“O-oh…?” You show her a smile tensed by irritation “And do you happen to have some actual ideas of your own beside you critics?”

“Of course I do.” She smugly replies “If you wanna make her tap dance in front of a crowd, I suggest working on her confidence first. The way she is right now, I’m more willing to image her finding her way in hairdressing, snail racing or something equally useless and boring.”
“Also, I’m not against getting her a butt mark in large-scale destruction” Sweetheart adds with a wink “Just to say…”

“Mmh… Yeah, I thought about making her reading books, do maths, singing or do some board games…” You nod “Or gardening and fixing things, that could be fun!”

“Sounds more in tone with the meek little ant she is.” Sweetheart nods. “Except singing. If you want to buy her some stuff to practice, it’s here and now or never I think”

>what do?
>>
>>28817212
Gee, I don't know what to get. I guess I should have talked to Heartshape about it more huh? Guess we should focus on what she enjoys doing because that's typically what your special talent is.

>Nymph and bad Harmony on top of a giant Heartshape shooting lasers with her eyes
Gonna need a picture of that.
>>
>>28817351
“H-huh” You ponder, taken a little off guard “Well… I’m not sure what to get, I should probably talk with Heartshape a little first. And also figure out what she likes doing, that’s usually what your talent is.”

“Right.” Sweetheart nods “But I’m not sure she knows herself what she likes with the little memories she has. She did look like compounding with the monk yesterday suited her, but I can’t think of anything else.”

With that done, you decide to return to the manor.
You’re quick to find Heartshape, and she looks extremely happy for some reason!

“Harmony!” She cheerfully calls when your eyes meet, before running to you and taking you in a tight hug. “That tea… well… It works! It feels really great not thinking about food all the time. Thanks a lot!”
“It’s my pleasure!” You snuggle you head against her fur “Especially if I get rewards like that! Also I wanted to ask you, what do you like to do, actually? Out of the things you did with us for a start?”
“Hum… I really liked hearing you play your instrument when we met.” She declares while still holding you. “And then that one time when Winter Seed attracted all those bugs. It was really beautiful, I thought”

>What do?
>>
See you to more ow
>>
>>28817570
Maybe she's the artistic type.
>>
>>28817690
Makes sense. We'll try some painting maybe.
>>
So she likes shows.
>>
>>28817570

It would be useful if we could jog her memory and help get some hints as to what kinds of things she enjoys. Maybe we could take her to some plays or have her read some books and basically just expose her to a bunch of media and try to see if she enjoys particular themes or settings in particular. She's gotta enjoy some things more than others.
>>
Heartshape is the cutest.
>>
>>28816244
>>
>>28821018
>>
>>28819409
>>28819357
>>28818816
>>28817690
What would really help right now would be to have Heartshape remember a little more about herself. You doubt she’s lying when she says her memories don’t go further than that place she was locked in. Now you’ve got to think of a way to jog her memories.

In the meantime, maybe you could have her watch a bunch of things like book or shows? And maybe she’s the artistic type, you could find her some pencils or some paint for her to try her hoof at it!

“Heartshape!” You start “I’ve been thinking about what Willowhorn said, I’d really like to help you get your cutie mark!”
“Hum… A-alright” She timidly says, her shy nature coming back “But… Ahem, I’m not really sure how do you do that.”
“Don’t worry, I’ll do the thinking!” You promise, making a hint of worry fleet across your friend’s face “For a start, I’m thinking about having you see a lot more different things! Staying with me and my friends is awesome, but there must be some shows out there that will help you find what you really like. A maybe reading a couple of books could help too. Unless you want to start doing some painting immediately!”
Heartshape seems unsure about her answer. Luckily for her, Gramps and Gust approaching give her an occasion to look elsewhere.

“Unfortunately” Gramps barges in the conversation “No sane showbull would make a representation at the same time as the Superbrawl.” He says with a wince “But even if reading may not seem like a minotaur’s forte, they still have bookstores and libraries, we could check one out for our indigo friend here.”

“Actually” The harrier adds “Why don’t we have her come to the Superbrawl with you for today? That could be a start, right?”

>what do?
>>
>>28822514
Yeah that's a great idea. We can go to the library afterwards.
>>
>>28822514
What time is it now? I was hoping to catch the lunch hour and do my bard thang. I was thinking about having Cabbage join in my performance too. Heartshape can tag along too.

Oh yeah! Let's go offer the fish to Cabbage. Tell him we have good foods.
>>
>>28822771
>>28822802
It’s going to be noon soon. You realise you haven’t been exercising your profession in a while, and making Heartshape participate might be fun!

But before going, there’s someone else you need to find.
After reluctantly leaving the warmth of Heartshape’s arms, you go search for Cabbage and find him in the garden, still with his dirt jar.

(Hay, Cabbage!) You beckon the plant pony (I’ve got a surprise for you!) And as the alraune perks up, you bring out your prize which instantly trigger a shine in the eyes of your friend.
“Oh! A water crawler! Looked yummy, but always too fast to catch…”
(Well I just caught this one just for you, Cabbage!)
“Woah… For me?” He utters back, deeply thankful. “Cabbage is a spoiled sprout!”
The plant pony comes closer and you throw the dead meat at him. Cabbage masterfully catches it with his gaping maw. This was the last time you ever saw mister fishy…
(By the way, I was thinking about having you sing with me around some other people, is that okay?)
“Good vibes and food...” The alraune answers, still munching his treat “So good it might be weird, but with Harmony is probably funny!”

With Cabbage now in tow, you all head for some lunch. Instead of trapping yourself in a tavern, you settle for a carrot dog stand in one of the packed main alley. Cabbage is confident enough to sing with you… but Heartshapes quickly settles for remaining with your friends a little to the side.
For an occasion like this with all this burning passion filling the air, you decide to bring out the big old guns!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfN5DZWcfOI
And you make a killing! With the outstanding hype for the games and the attention brought by your leafy friend, you make 28 coopers in only half an hour! There’s still a little more than an hour before today’s events, you could keep going, or maybe do something else with your friends.

>what do?
>>
>>28823146
We need that money! We can get food and maybe a hat.
>>
>>28823146
Why quit now? Let's keep going.
>>
>>28823146
Oh man, we forgot to mention our mystery stalker to Gale.
>>
>>28823373
>>28823423
>>28823510
Before anything else, you take a little break. You just realised you hadn’t told Gale about the unicorn who followed you two times already.
“That’s concerning…” The harrier says once you’re finished telling him about the events of this morning “But since the two of you managed to drive him away, that’s already reassuring. Next time I’ll go with you, just to be sure he won’t bother you anymore.

A little reassured, you go back to barding with a lighter spirit.
You’re going to need money someday, and occasions like that only happen once in a lifetime!
Or… Once in a year, actually.
The point is that you keep it up until the very end, just before the games begin. And the hype does not go down, quite the opposite actually! You give it your all, the various supporters making for a marvellous audience, and the coppers flow!

In the end, it’s quite tired but with a much heavier purse than you enter the stadium with Heartshape for a day of glory and excitement, as you managed to make 58 more coopers, in addition to what you already had.

At first, the noise seemed to put her off her a lot, and so did some of the most violent events, such as the mammoth jousting or the pain endurance challenge, won by Lead Head from the Prairie Kings who had an anvil dropped on his little toe without letting out a whimper.
But overall she warmed up to the minotaurs and their games, even if the roars of encouragement from the public for their favourite teams were often quiet little yays in her mouth.

As the sun settle, it’s time for the last event of the day. There’s fifteen minutes of break before that, but already vendors are going through the alley, offering a wide variety of alcoholic brewages to everyone.
Seems like it’s time for the...
>>
>>28823776
Field-Tournament-Style-Up-and-Down-On-The-Ground-Manja-Flanja-Blanja-Banja-Ishka-Bibble-Babble-Flabble-Doma-Roma-Floma-Boma-Jingle-Jangle-Every-Angle-Bricka-Bracka-Flacka-Stacka-Two-Ton-Rerun-Free-for-All-Big-Ball.

>What do?
>>
>>28823787
Watch the festivities and remember it for the rest of your life and maybe one day you can tell your grandson or daughter about the events you're about to see unfold.
>>
>>28823900
It’s time.
Fastening your imaginary seatbelt, you prepare yourself for something you’ll probably tell your grandkids when you’ll be a Granny.
Finally, it begins and… Woah…
>>
File: gifto_turn_on_tune_14.gif (529KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
gifto_turn_on_tune_14.gif
529KB, 500x309px
>>28824115
>>
File: v600_Deft_Ponies_TyeDie_DET.jpg (312KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
v600_Deft_Ponies_TyeDie_DET.jpg
312KB, 600x600px
>>28824129
>>
File: martina-hoffmann-trance-mutation.jpg (393KB, 945x1200px) Image search: [Google]
martina-hoffmann-trance-mutation.jpg
393KB, 945x1200px
>>28824139
>>
File: 265344.jpg (2MB, 2339x1656px) Image search: [Google]
265344.jpg
2MB, 2339x1656px
>>28824150
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (230KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
230KB, 960x800px
>>28824162
...Woah...
>>
>>28824172
“Hum… That one last thing was… weird…” Heartshape says, once you’re out in the open again.

“By weird, I hope you mean the most awesomest thing ever, right?” You answer, still a little unable to think properly after so much wonderfulness “I totally agree then!”

“That’s… not what I meant” The not-so-little pegasus answers “More like, hum… I’m not saying it was bad, but… Well… How do I say that? ... Maybe it just didn’t appeal to me. A little too random I think. Does that make sense?”

>What do?
>>
>>28824185
Yeah that makes sense and I understand. But at least you gave it a chance and that'll all anypony can ask for. You liked everything else though right?
>>
>>28824220
“Yes it does make sense.” You refrain a chuckle “In fact, I know quite a lot of people who are far less rational about what they don’t like! But you gave it a chance and that’s what matter. And you like the rest of the events, right?”

“Weeeeell…” She looks away uncomfortably “It certainly wasn’t unpleasant but… hum… It was really long, and after a while I was starting to get really tired… you know, since those event all resemble each other a little, and my butt hurt from sitting for so long.”

>what do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>28824305
Let's get her butt a pillow so that she can sit comfortably anywhere.
>>
Can't to tell grandpa how hype the superbrawl turned out to be.
>>
What a weird day this turned out to be.
>>
time to go to bed bump
>>
>>28827031
>>
>>28827800
>>
I had a serious chuckle about the Free-For-All Big Ball thing. Great work Pleeny. You're forging a good SoL in Daedalus if you ask me.
>>
>>28826497
>>28826175
>>28825224
“If a pillow for your butt is all you need to feel better, let’s just buy one already!” You answer, getting a little giggle out of you friend.

Shortly after, you meet with Gramps and talk extensively about that one last event. It was so much… Woah and at same time pretty damn… Phew but also surprisingly… Golly. Good think it wasn’t… Unf too, or you’d have gone… Oh, My for sure.
But when you arrive at the manor, you see a serious looking Gust and a bored Sweetheart waiting for you, likely to be done with checking the changeling in at the barracks.

“Hey…” The changeling is the first to greet you with an annoyed voice “I would have waited for you inside, but the guard dog REALLY wanted to see you arrive.”
“Let’s not waste any time” Gust says, ignoring the changeling completely “I’ve been thinking. It would probably be best if I followed you from high in the sky, that way I’d have better chance to take your stalker by surprise. Make sure you’re ready for trouble.”
“Heard him, Harmony?” Sweetheart add with a smirk “Your courageous friend wants us to be the bait in his plan.”
“That’s NOT how it is!” The harrier angrily retorts, much to the changeling’s enjoyment you realise.

>what do?
>>
>>28829837
That's better than hiding from our stalker.
>>
>>28829837
Here's a warning, he can teleport.
>>
>>28829837
Sounds like a good idea to me. Thanks Gale.
>>
>>28829870
>>28829958
>>28830023
“Whatever.” You attempt to calm the Harrier “Bait or not, that plan sounds better than to hid from out stalker, let’s do this!”
After telling Gust your shadowy follower is a magician who can teleport, and also thanking him, the harrier flies up high in the sky. With the few puffs of clouds floating around, you doubt anyone could see him coming before a dive.

Along Sweetheart, you start walking toward the barracks throught he streets of Daedalus. Your eyes darting everywhere, watching everyone, every shadow, and EVERY CORNER OF-
“GEEZ! Chill out, bird brain!” You stumble on your hooves from the unexpected call “I’m getting nervous just walking near you!” An annoyed changeling says.

“Well, excuse me if I don’t like have some weird magic dude following around!” You retort.
“That guy obviously starts to follow when we leave the barracks, so no need to get all worked up right now.” She rolls her eyes in response “And after this morning, he might not come at all tonight.”
“You sure about that?” You ask with a doubt, but the changelings seems rather sure of herself, even if you’re not convinced.
“Hum” She nods “But it is tomorrow which is going to be another story. No matter how much he knows about us, he has probably guessed our habits will change somehow once the Superbrawl is over, so he’s probably going to put whatever plan he has into motion before that. I doubt he’s been following us around to get a date, so we better be on our guards.”

>What do?
>>
>>28830057
Remember that we don't want to tip him off again if he is following us. Bait's kinda useless if it scares away the prey after all.
>>
>>28830057
We'll do the same as last time. Just enjoy ourselves until we get a tap on the shoulder.
>>
>>28830057
I-I mean I guess I wouldn't mind a date. He is kinda handsome...
>>
>>28830101
>>28830117
>>28830170
Somewhat, the mention of a rendezvous awakens feelings which had being buried in the back of your mind for quite some time, in the form a little warmth in your cheeks and guts. Especially as you remember the appealingly soft traits of the unicorn from this morning.

“Hehe…” You giggle to yourself “I-I mean… I guess I wouldn't mind a date. He is kinda handsome...”
“Huh… Maybe that’s an option to consider.” The changeling ponders “Our secret admirer looked unexperienced in more ways than one. Maybe I could make his heart sway toward me? I mean… I say me since you pretty much ruined you chances when you tackled and pinned him down. And no offense, but you don’t really have the figure to pull out a ‘romantic wild amazon’ on him.”

For some reason, that hurt a lot more than it should have.

Still, you decide to act a little more casually. You can’t be a good bait if you don’t look like you can get caught, right? So you simply enjoy the calm of the least packed alleys of Daedalus, and the freshness of the night on your face as you wait for your changeling friend to give you the signal.

But this time the tap never comes, even on the way back from the barracks, and you arrive at the manor without any trouble. Even Gust eventually comes down to let out a frustrated sigh.
Either your stalker listened to Sweetheart’s advice, or he found a better way to go past your vigilance…

>What do?
>>
>>28830326
eh whatever. We ain't gonna be staying here that much longer anyway.
>>
>>28830326
Oh well. Ask Grandpa if he minds taking us back to that wizard. We owe him big. We can have Sweetheart come too.
>>
>>28830414
>>28830457
You shrug it off. Tomorrow will be the last day of this situation anyway.
In the meantime, there’s another somepony you’d like to visit, and you’re going to need Gramps’ help for that.

“Uhm…” The eyes of the indigo pegasus dart around the many mysteries of Little Daedalus, and each of them seem to worry her more than the last. “A-are you sure it’s safe?” She asks, as a couple of armoured diamond dogs wobble their way in front of you, both chanting inchoately while holding up a mug filled with a suspicious foamy green liquid. It looks like the festivities of the Superbrawl reach over here too, in their own way, and the mood is a lot more upbeat that the previous time you came around this place.

“It is kinda safe…” Gramps replies to Heartshape’s concerns “In a… ‘Everyone is ready to bring up the war axe to defend himself’ kind of safe.”

Needless to say, this does nothing to appease your indigo friend, and she can’t even completely hide her shaking form behind you anymore.
In the meantime, you recognize almost everything from the first time you came here, including the booth of the small minotaur and the stall of the elder unicorn.

>what do?
>>
>>28830602
time to look for a item that let's you talk with your mind. how many coppers do we have?
>>
>>28830683
You currently have 61 coopers and 7 silvers. You hope that’s going to be enough to find what you seek. The ideal thing would be something to let the poor old pony talk directly with his mind.

Once again you find yourself looking around for a solution in this mess of dangerous items.
The minotaur child squints angrily at you when your eyes meet, and the items he has on display didn’t change much since last time.

While the First Resort probably isn’t going to help you this time, you notice another rather big shop called the Mind Blower, which has a lot of wizardly looking books, hats and potions on display, and they all look rather clean compared to the average goods of little Daedalus.

And finally, there’s the Royal Landfill, the place where gramps found his recall potion. It might be worth a shot.

>What do?
>>
>>28830891
Let's go to the mind blower and we can try to find a hat that helps. it should either give you telepathy "wear two hats to talk to someone else from a distance" or just one hat that let's you have a range that everyone can hear you.
>>
>>28830602
Pleeny... I said bring SWEETHEART not bring HEARTSHAPE.

>>28830891
Find da wizard. After that I want to buy that monk mask and give it to Winter.
>>
File: It_keeps_happening.gif (112KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
It_keeps_happening.gif
112KB, 250x250px
>>28831022
Fug... And this time it actually changes something
>>
>>28831022
RETCON IS MAGIC replace >>28830602 with this post

>>28830414
>>28830457

You shrug it off. Tomorrow will be the last day of this situation anyway.
In the meantime, there’s another somepony you’d like to visit, and you’re going to need Gramps’ help for that.

“This place look nice, I’d almost feel at home…” The eyes of changeling scans the mysteries of Little Daedalus, and many of them seem to please the changeling somehow. “I didn’t expect you to know about places of that kind, and even less dive right in it on a whim. Why are we here already?” She asks, as a couple of armoured diamond dogs wobble their way in front of you, both chanting inchoately while holding up a mug filled with a suspicious foamy green liquid. It looks like the festivities of the Superbrawl reach over here too, in their own way, and the mood is a lot more upbeat that the previous time you came around this place.

“We’re her to help a nice old pony” You reply, pointing at the stall of the elder unicorn “He was really nice to me, but he can’t talk properly and looks miserable. He deserves better!”

“Figures…” Sweetheart rolls her eyes “That guy probably sacrificed twenty virgins to the dark forces in his lifetime, but that’s not the kind of thing that stops you. I know something about it.”
In the meantime, you recognize almost everything from the first time you came here, including the booth of the small minotaur.
>>
>>28830970
>>28831022
The young minotaur still has the monk’s mask on display to you relief. Bringing him back to Winter seems like the right thing to do.

But first, you decide to check the Mind Blower.
Once inside the shadowy shop, you’re met with the sight of many convoluted glass alchemy instruments. They’re stacked so high and clumsily you’re going to have to be careful not to break one by merely brushing a feather against it. You suspect that the risky disposition might be intentional… There’s also a bunch of potions, much more than at the First Resort. But here, weapon racks are replaces by bookshelves, and you swear you can hear some noise coming from some of these books. But still, a bric-a-brac of many different probably magical item occupies a good portion of the shop.

You’re the only clients right now. And the old unicorn behind the counter reads some old grimoire while an eyeball of rock covered in arcane symbols hoovers over his head and stares at you.
“Huh” He declares, apathetic, without raising his eyes from his read “Didn’t expect anyone. Today’s pretty much national meathead day after all”

And that’s all you hear from him, so you take that as a permission to check his wares to your heart’s content.
As always in Little Daedalus, the exact effects of what’s on sale isn’t clearly written on the goods, and a cryptic name is all you have to go with.
After some time looking at the shelves, you’ve come across a couple of items that could help the old pony.
>>
>>28831520
The first one is a strange wooden box with several dozens of little buttons on it, and a carved pony snout and mouth on the other side. This one is listed as ‘Word Box’ for 15 silvers.

Then, there’s a pair of crystal earrings. They don’t look very special, and you can’t even tell if the shine they have is magical or comes from the ambient light. These are called ‘Earring of Understanding’, and cost ‘only’ 5 silvers.

A strange pointy hat also catches your attention. This ‘Hat of Mental Reach’ looks like a cliché blue wizard’s hat with stars and sparks embed in it. It’s listed for 50 silvers and cased in a glass case.

And finally, there’s one big volume, maintained close by a thick leather strap, and called the ‘Book of Speech Therapy’ and it costs 35 silvers.

>What do?
>>
See youtomorrow
>>
fuck. we can't afford the good shit. maybe we can negotiate the word box down to 7. no one else is going to pick up such a thing any time soon. we should ask how it works and to try using it.

though the unicorns hoofs might be too shaky to press the buttons.

if so we can try using the earrings.
>>
>>28831528
Before doing anything ask about the word box and earrings.
>>
we need to think of some get rich quick schemes
>>
>>28831528

I don't think we need the speech therapy book since the problem is physical, and we can't afford the hat. Ask how the earrings and box work and ask for demonstrations.
>>
>>28834433
>>28833717
>>28833052
>>28832106
“Dang, I wish I had more coins to spare…” You complain to yourself “We definitely can’t go for the best-looking stuff with what we have.”

“I see what you mean.” Sweetheart nods as she eyes a Staff of Greater Lobotomy listed at 15 golds “Maybe I should have prepared reserves for that when I was with Fair Hero? Too late for that, I guess… However” She turns to you “This is probably the right place if you want to get rich fast. All those magical mc-guffins are actually just as much lottery tickets, I’m sure a couple of these are worth thousand if you know how to use them.”
“I’m also fairly sure you could find some odd jobs that would pay a lot…” She adds “If you’re alright with a crooked client and illegal and, or dangerous activities, of course! I know I wouldn’t mind.”

You simply nod back. Right now, you’d like to learn more about the items you saw in the shop.

“Excuse me?” You call the vendor, who’s still reading behind his counter “What does these Earrings of Understanding do? Can you show me, please?”
“Just put them on. It makes your hearing better.” He answers grumpily, still paying little attention to you.

“Ahem… Sorry, but can you show me instead? There’s also this ‘Word Box” I’d like to check.”

The cranky unicorn finally rises from his chair, but not without muttering a couple of bad words under his breath. He hurriedly puts the earrings on, and after he manages to understand even what you said with your quietest voice, you accept what he said about those earrings as true. He then takes the wooden box in his magic grasp.

“Alright…” The vendor pulls one of the many buttons “This is how it works.” He says before releasing the button. Then he presses it, and the wooden mouth animates and speaks “This is how it works.” perfectly replicating what the vendor just said.

>What do?
>>
>>28837072
Try it yourself. Have it say " tomorrow I'm going to the grocery store and buying a carrot. would you like to join me?"
>>
>>28837072
I think that'll work. We can help set it up for him.

Is there a place that will exchange our copper for silver?
>>
>>28837108
>>28837155
You take the box in your hooves, pull another button and whisper. “Tomorrow I'm going to the grocery store and buying a carrot. Would you like to join me?" And as you push it back, you can’t refrain a grin as the wooden box ask you out to buy a tasty treat the next day.

“Yeah, you did the exact same thing I did and got the same result.” The vendor says with his unpleasant tone “It’s 15 silvers by the way.”

“A box like that? 7 silvers is the best I can do!” You reply “It’s not like you’re going to have people want to spend this much for this gimmicky item.”
“7 Silvers? You’re kidding! I won’t let it go away for less than…” Suddenly, he seems lose track of his own thought, and a small air of confusion fleets across his wrinkled face “For less than… 8 silvers… Yeah, that’s about right.”

>What do?
>>
>>28837239
Umm, it's just a recorder. We need something that translates what the wizard says into words that others can understand.
>>
>>28837239
this isn't what we need. if the wizard pony speaks into it then it's just going to be a bunch of nonsense coming out if it just repeats what we whisper.
look at the box and then look at him and then say "nah".
>>
>>28837306
>>28837318
Unfortunately, the fact that the nice old wizard won’t be able to use that thing on his own is a big drawback. And in the end, you’re not so keen on spending your hard-earned money on something so weak.
You look at the box, and then at the old grump and simply say… “Nah.”
While you're here, was there anything else in this shop you’d have liked to check?

>What do?
>>
>>28837378
How about the book of speech therapy? How much do we have?
>>
>>28837409
Not enough.
>>
>>28837378
Let's get the mask for winter now and try another store. The royal landfill might be good.
>>
>>28837438
That sounds like a good idea. But first ask Sweetheart if she can talk the bull into lowering the price and buy it for us.
>>
>>28837437
So no attempt at haggling?
>>
>>28837470
you talking about the book? doesn't harmony think that the wizard can't read because she didn't suggest using a chalk board with his magic?
>>
>>28837470
And by "it" I mean the mask if you weren't certain. Excuse me.
>>
>>28837409
>>28837437
>>28837438
>>28837498
You currently have 61 silvers and 7 coopers (1 silver = 10 coopers)

“And what about that book?” You ask without expecting much, given the price and the state of the nice old wizard.
“That’s? It’s a regular book about Speech Therapy” the vendor simply says.

“Alright…” You sigh “Let’s go somewhere else then.”

But as you all come out of the shop, you jump in surprise as you hear a sharp crackle and a see a bright flash just behind you. You turn to see Sweetheart looking quite dazed, and her mane quite dishevelled while tiny sparks of remnant electricity still course through her body.
You do not have the time to process what just happens that the old vendor appears in a flash between you and your friend, glaring at her with a positively murderous expression on his face.

“Alright, smart mare” The vendor says threateningly, his horn flared with a bright orange light “That thing only zaps those who come out with an item which is not theirs, so you better be ready to buy twice the price of whatever you stole or I’m gonna have the security bash you pretty little head in!”
“W-what!?” The changeling stutters after the shock she just took, before quickly regaining her composure and spite “I-I don’t know what you’re talking about, old crook! Do you see anything at all on me? If that’s a cheap tactic to make me buy some junk, you better think twice about who you’re dealing with!”

You feel like this situation might escalate very quickly.

>What do?
>>
>>28837689
Oi. both of you. shut up. If you took something, give it back. Just ban her from the store. Now we're going because we got places to be.
>>
>>28837689
Sweetheart! Just give whatever it is back!
>>
>>28837689
Can the spell misfire? Have any way of confirming she has something she shouldn't besides that spell?
>>
>>28837717
>>28837722
“OY!” You attempt to assert yourself to calm the two unicorns “Both of you. Shut up! Sweetheart, just give whatever it is back, we’ve got places to go. And you…” You turn to the vendor “Just ban her for life or whatever!”
“I can’t give back what I did not take!” The changeling barks back, adamant about her innocence “Do you see anything I could have stolen on me? Are you both retarded or something?!”
“Just give up pretty face.” The vendor adds “Even your friend knows you’re a filthy thief!”
“Shut up you old goblin!” Sweetheart still maintains “You zap me and then you call me a thief? I should be the one threatening to burst your head like a ripe melon!” And thus a menacing green glow start to emanate from your friend’s own horn.

In the corner of your eyes, you see a couple of guards rapidly coming in your direction, attracted by the premises of mayhem.
Oh boy… This is quickly getting out of hoof even faster that you thought!

>What do?
>>
>>28837826
Shout "I love you".
>>
>>28837826
See >>28837820
Not >>28837837 , we should diffuse the situation rather than vilifying the changeling we're trying to reform!
>>
>>28837826
Well she maintains innocence. let's pat her down ourselves and if we don't find anything we go. maybe there is something wrong with your zappy thing mr. i don't understand magic.
>>
>>28837856
You forget that he has the guards on his side so we won't be able to walk away, at least not with all of our body parts intact.
>>
>>28837837
This.
>>
>>28837837
>>28837851
>>28837856
>>28837907
>>28837919
Even if she’s innocent, you’re afraid Sweetheart is going to make things more complicated for you and her, so you reluctantly shout “I love you” at your friend. Immediately, the iron band on the changeling’s wrist make its work and she immediately freezes, even the magic flame of her horn dissipating at once.

At least, the moment of confusion on the storekeeper’s face allows you to tone the discussion down.

“Mister!” You turn to the shopkeeper, trying to remain as calm and polite as equinely possible in this situation “I don’t know much about magic, but is there a chance for this spell to misfire somehow?”
“No chance!” The angry storekeeper confidently shakes his head “I check the spell every day before opening, and the terms of the enchantment are very clear. Whenever someone get out of here while holding something which isn’t theirs, they get zapped. You can try it if you want, grab something from my store and try to get out, you’ll get a shock. It’s simple, it’s effective, and it caught a bunch of thieves who thought they were smarter than they really were. Isn’t that right, mister guards?”
“Uhm, yeah” One of the armoured hulk of a guard who arrived to the scene answers “They all confessed their thievery… eventually.”

“A-alright… But still, my friend has a point!” You retort “You still have nothing to prove she’s got something from your store. Don’t you have anything else besides this spell to prove she’s got something on her?”
“Humf!” The old merchant scoffs disdainfully “I need no further proof of her guilt, but I guess I COULD use a scanning spell on her… But I’ll charge you 10 silvers for the components, whatever the result!”

>What do?
>>
>>28838031
how about you put up five silver and i put up the other five.
>>
I'm confident that she didn't take anything. would he like to make a wager? say we win and we can take something from his store.
we lose then we'll give him 20 silver!
>>
>>28838031
>Whenever someone get out of here while holding something which isn’t theirs
Could that include things they stole before entering your shop?
>>
>>28838095
This.
>>
>>28838051
>>28838075
>>28838095
>>28838201
“Hum, how about I give you five silver, and you take care of the other five?” You offer
“This isn’t up to debate.” The grumpy unicorn answers “There’s enough proof to get your friends in the irons already.”
The two guards nod in unison to the merchant’s words.
“… So you should be glad I’m offering you this option!” He concludes

“Alright, then how about this. Let’s make it a bet!” You try to tickle the player inside the old vendor “I’m positive my friend didn’t stole anything, so if the scan proves me wrong, I’ll give you 20 silvers. However, if I win, I’ll take one item from your shop! What do you say?”
“Not interested.” The old grump sternly shakes his head “I did not get a stable estate in Little Daedalus by betting money with strangers.”

Gee… the inhabitants of little Daedalus are all greedier that the last…
“Wait…” Another idea come to your mind “Would your spell zap someone even if that thing they stole didn’t come from your shop?”
“I think I’ve been clear enough about that.” The storekeeper answers “But yeah, my spell would trigger for goods stolen in other places that mine. But then your friend would still deserve a good beating for being a theif regardless!”

>What do?
>>
>>28838320
How about we stop arguing about it and just search her?
>>
>>28838320
true, but if they stole something that wasn't from your shop then we wouldn't have a problem. So the question is what did you take and from where?
>>
>>28838320
But what if the stolen item isn't even from Little Daedalus?
>>
>>28838330
>>28838340
>>28838341

“I feel like we’ve been spending way too much time without actually searching my friend for what she could have stolen, don’t you think?” You coldly say

Visibly agreeing with you, the old unicorn sends the two guards search your friend with a sing of the head
But they find absolutely nothing on her body besides the iron band currently freezing her.

“That doesn’t mean much…” The old grump comments “She looks like she know enough about magic to have hidden it… Or maybe she ate it altogether.”

“Alright, let’s stop the smoky theories for a moment” You say, your nerves starting to feel really strain “Let’s assume she stole something, alright, but what if it isn’t from you, or even from Little Daedalus at all? We wouldn’t be in any trouble if that was the case, right? So I’m asking you, where do we go from here?”
“Then unfreeze her and let her confess!” The merchant interjects “If your friend can tell us what she stole and prove it, that’ll save us a bunch of time already!”

>What do?
>>
>>28838457
This horse is a pain in the ass. Also you can't judge somepony on how they look. What if I said that you look like a cheater and a dishonest pony? I guess it's true then huh? So that claim "of looking like she knows magic" is going to be immediately dismissed.
the guards didn't find anything because she didn't take anything. So me and my friend are going to go and stop wasting time here.
>>
>>28838496
“Hey! You can’t judge somepony based on how they look!” You lash at the nasty old unicorn “What if I said that you look like a cheater and a dishonest pony? I guess it's true then huh?”
The old unicorn glares daggers at you, but he doesn’t respond anything to what you said.
“So that claim ‘of looking like she knows magic’ is going to be immediately dismissed, and the guards didn't find anything because she didn't take anything! So I and my friend are going to go and stop wasting time here.”

“I don’t think you’re in any position to decide that…” The unicorn grumbles “Go away if you want, but these fine upholder of the law will be taking your friend here in custody until it’s been made ABSOLUTELY sure she stole nothing from me.”

And the two armoured hulks do get in motion, taking the suggestion of the merchant like direct orders from a captain.

>What do?
>>
see you tomorrow
>>
>>28838588
Do you have an xray device or a magic lie detector? you seem to have a "have something that doesn't belong" device so those shouldn't be hard to come by and you don't have any legitimate reason to hold her here only a suspicion and when you're proven wrong i want you to apologize to her and give her a discount on her next visit.
>>
>>28838588
Now your just acting out of spite and grasping at straws to save face. You already admitted that the item that triggered the spell could've come from anywhere and even though these dogs did a thorough search, you believe they missed something. You're even wasting theeir time by having a spell that could quickly resolve this situation, but refuse to use it.
>>
>>28838588

Ask if it's possible for the alarm to react to stealing non-physical things. I got the impression Nymph mind controlled the storekeeper or something in >>28837239 to make him lower the price. So maybe that counts?

Don't tell him that obviously, but maybe unfreeze her long enough to ask her if she did something like that that could trigger the alarm. If so we'll have to come up with a way to explain it that won't get us in even more trouble.
>>
sleep time is now bump
>>
And hopefully one more time
>>
>>28838644
>>28838728
>>28839521
That guy keep grasping at straws… If he didn’t have the guards in his pocket, this would be over already, but it looks like you’re going to have to prove him wrong in an indubitable manner.
And for a start, you’re going to hear what your friend has to say about this.

“Sweetheart” You start, trying to remain as calm as possible “I’m going to unfreeze you, so you can answer a few questions, so… mistakes were made.”
“Alright you bunch of dense numb-skulls…” A furious Sweetheart immediately starts to rant.
“Sweetheart, just hear me out! Did you do anythmmmmmffmf!” You’re forced to stop as a pink hoof covers your mouth.
“NO, you let me finish!” She barks “I figured it out!”
And while one of her hooves covers you mouth, she point at the iron wrist encircling it.

“It’s that damn thing!” The changeling hisses “It’s not mine! It never was! And if it was, I’d make sure to get rid of it! That band you use to hold me down surely wasn’t a gift to me, it’s public property and I’ll have to give it back eventually!” She turns to the vendor “That’s what triggered you stupid spell!”

The vendor seems a little taken aback, and the two guards exchange a confused look.
“Is that true?” The old grump asks “Is that band not hers?”

>What do?
>>
>>28842737
Yes. Now would you apologize to our friend for jumping to conclusions and treating her so poorly. Also, you should alter your spell to be more specific about what it registers as "stolen" to prevent any future confusion.
>>
>>28842737
Whew... glad that was solved without violence.
>>
>>28842737

Yeah that's a shitty spell and almost got our friend beheaded or whatever for something she didn't do. Just because she doesn't own it or didn't receive it willingly doesn't mean it was stolen.
>>
>>28842737
With all of the trouble the he has caused with his lazy spell and all of his attacks on our friends character, I think we should demand reparations.
>>
>>28842756
>>28842765
>>28842767
>>28842794
You let out a deep sigh of both relief and annoyance. Looks like this will be resolved without violence in the end. But still you’re not exactly done with that old crook…

“Yes, it’s not hers. But she didn’t stole it either, just like she said!” You hiss at the vendor “But now we know for sure you zapped her with your lousy spell and nearly had her beaten up over actually nothing, you BETTER give us some high quality apology! And probably reparations too!”

“I don’t think so” The vendor disdainfully replies, already walking back toward his shop with an annoyed expression on his face “Sure my spell isn’t perfect, and there will always be exceptions like this one I won’t think about, but still I had all the reasons to believe your friend did steal something. And I believe I told you immediately how my protection worked, yet it took you a really long time to realise there was-“

“Actually…” One of the guard starts, much to your, and even more, to the vendor’s surprise “If it’s an exception like you said, Sir, you should probably do some sort of… how’s that called… commercial gesture thing.”
“Uhhhm…” The other ponders, looking a little aloof “Yeah. That’s what a responsible shop owner would do.”

The vendor’s jaw seems ready to drop on the ground, and in the corner of your eye you see Sweetheart grinning deviously.

>What do?
>>
>>28842884
Let Sweetheart at 'em.
>>
>>28842884
She was the one who he attacked and whom he refuses to apologize to so I think she should handle it from here.
>>
>>28842899
>>28842933
You don’t feel ANY will to tell your friend to stop whatever she’s doing right now, and instead savour the distress of the old grump, his eyes switching helplessly between the two guards and their immovable faces.

“A-ahem…” He finally turns to you, shaking, and visibly confused “A-alright… Y-you were interested by that Word Box earlier, right? W-what about 3 silvers for it?”
“How about you talk to my friend instead?” You snidely reply, and the changeling steps forth, all too happy to oblige.

Your friend accompanies the old grump back in his shop, followed by the two guards. She comes back a little later with the two guards, a little bag on her back and a wide grin of satisfaction on her face.
“You know what?” The changeling tells you with her toothy smile “This whole thing turned out so well I don’t even fell like being angry over you selling me out at first…”

>What do?
>>
>>28842999
We didn't sell her out. We just froze her so she wouldn't escalate the situation. She did allow her temper to get the better of her after all. Also, what did she get?
>>
>>28842999
Sorry about that. I just kinda assumed since you'very done worse things. Alsio, I will remind you that you hate me. Onwards to get that mask.

Let's not show ourselves and let Sweetheart try to talk him down.
>>
>>28843038
>I’m positive my friend didn’t stole anything
Past conversation conflicts with this stance.
>>
>>28842999
Yeah, sorry. We just assumed that it wouldn't have gone off unless you took something and I know we didn't take anything. But I did believe you when you said that you didn't take it. So that's something at least right?
>>
>>28843131
See >>28843048
We were defending her, not accusing her. The closest we got was suggesting that she might've stolen something unrelated to the store and that could just boil down to poor wording.
>>
>>28843179

>>28837826
>>
>>28843179
pretty sure us telling her to give back whatever she took counts as selling her out.
>>
>>28843188
>>28843195
Ah, missed that. Well, everything that happened after that was us fighting on her side. So we initially suspected her, but realized she was most likely innocent from how she reacted? that first part doesn't really mesh with everything else.
>>
>>28843233
Now that I'm looking at it it looks like the wording was used from one anon that was openly against her in the beginning rather that the more middle ground alternative. That also clashes with our character since we're trying to reform her and that would mean being able to trust her or give her the benefit of the doubt. So we either we were against her, which would undermine all of the progress we made with her so far, or it was just really poor wording.
>>
>>28843233
>>28843131
>>28843038
>>28843036
“Yeah, sorry about that...” You apologize with your best puppy eyes “I guess I assumed that this zap spell or whatever didn’t trigger over nothing. But I quickly realised you weren’t in the wrong and I didn’t let you down, did I? Even if I froze you… sorry about that too, by the way….”
“Hum, yeah, you weren’t that bad of an advocate after all… so let’s just forget it.” Sweetheart smugly accept your apology “Just like I said, I don’t feel like being angry right now.”

“Alright, thanks… then… would you show me what you got?” You ask, your eyes shining with curiosity.
With a playful grin, the changeling reaches for the little bag on his bag. From there, she pulls out a strange, hoof-sized, brass statuette deciphering a regal pony sitting on a throne, with many little figures grovelling in front of it.
“Woah!” You jump in excitement “What does it do?”
“Beats me!” She answers with a cackle “That old crook didn’t know either. I don’t have any money on my own so I could only ask for something small without pushing my luck. So I settled for a lottery ticket instead of some useless cheap trinket. But I’m feeling lucky about that thing! I’ll try to make it work later.”

“Woah… cool! Also, there’s something else I’d like to ask you!” You say, now completely back to your usual cheerful mood “See that merchant over there?” You point at the young minotaur “Actually, I really want that mask he has to give it to Winty, can you use your… Ahem… talents to get it please?”
“Hum… Why not” She shrugs and nods, visibly in a cooperative mood “Just give me 10 silvers to be sure and I’ll hand you back the change.”
>>
>>28843524
You agree, and wait from afar with Gramps while Sweetheart speaks with the little runt. Things looks like they’re going smoothly from here.
However, as you were looking around, something else catches you attention.
At first, you think you might be imagining things, but the hairs raise on your coat as you eventually realise you’re in front of the real thing.
Through the open door of a shady pub, you definitely recognize the stalker unicorn you almost caught this morning, currently in a conversation whit at least two brutish-looking minotaurs around some drinks. You’re way too far away to understand what they’re saying, though.

>What do?
>>
>>28843533
have gramps get closer and listen in while you keep an eye on him from a distance since he doesn't know who gramps is.
>>
>>28843533
Could they be part of the team he's carrying the colors of? Time for some stealth, and tell gramps about what's going on.
>>
>>28843563
>>28843569
“G-gramps!” You nervously tap Gramps’ shoulder. “O-over there, in the pub! It’s the unicorn that followed me this morning!”
His eyes go wide, and they lock on the beige stalker. Since he was with you when you explained everything to Gust, he knows what’s going on here “F-for real? Are you sure?”
“One hundred percent sure!” You say trying to get a better grasp about the minotaurs your stalker is speaking with. They do not bear the colours of the scarf he had this morning, maybe this was just an attempt at hiding his face with any scarf…

“Gramps, do you think you coulf you go closer and try to hear what they’re saying?” You ask “I don’t think he knows your face yet!”
“Uhm!” Gramps nods, a slight shaking in his hooves “I’ll do it.”
And thus he heads to the pub, trying to blend in with the rest of the patrons. You’re relieved to see no one paying any special attention to him as he walks in. Meanwhile, you manage to find a dark spot with a decent view on the pub between two close wooden shacks, so you get in here to watch what happens next.

“ ’Got what you wanted” The voice of Sweetheart makes you heart almost stop in surprise “And… I had some trouble so I had to use all the silvers… wait” Her face takes a more serious expression as she realize what you’re watching “Is that who I think it is?”
You nod, and the changeling joins you in your hiding place.

You remain steady like that for a little while. But at least the cramped place forces you to squeeze yourself against the pudgy disguise of your friend, which isn’t such a bad position to be in.
A dozen minutes later, the unicorn comes out alone of the pub.

>What do?
>>
>>28843753
as much as I'd like to we can't jump him here so let's follow him. Sweet heart go get gramps. We'll go slow at first.
>>
>>28843780

Sure but if he gets too suspicious we can afford to drop the pursuit, since we know where he hangs out now. Better to come back later with a plan than to chase him off too early.
>>
>>28843780
>>28843881
“Alright, when do we jump on him?” Your changeling friend asks.
But as much as you’d like to do it the rough way like Sweetheart suggests, you think there’s better things to do.

“Nah, just go meet with Gramps.” You answer “I’ll follow him and try to catch up on you later.”
The changeling reluctantly accepts your plan, and you start to shadow your former follower… oh the sweet irony!

He remains completely obvious to your presence, not even checking behind him or anything else. The unicorn goes straight for a passage leading out of little Daedalus. However, these are straight, long and narrow alleyways, and nopony else is going down that path right now. You’re going to have to take some risks is you want to follow him through here.

>What do?
>>
>>28843973
fly/ glide off the ground so you don't make any hoof steps.
>>
>>28843990
Shortly after the unicorn goes in the dark tunnel, you decide to go after him while hoovering slightly above the ground.

Unfortunately, in the darkness of the passage, you can’t remain steady as your wings bump on the walls as you flap them, and you quickly lose your balance and nearly fall on the ground… and can’t avoid making a little ruckus.

You miraculously manage to get out of the passage and hide out of view from the unicorn fast enough. But still, you hear the sound of hooves running away shortly after coming from the passage…

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
huh. I didn't think our rings were that wide or the alley that narrow and I kind of think it's bullshit but we're here now so might as well retreat I guess and make him think it was just something else.
>>
>>28844189
>alleyways=/=tunnels
You never told us there was a height limit. Give up and meet up with Gramps and Sweet.
>>
>>28844311

Well we're underground, so...

But I agree we should back off for now
>>
>>28844354
So we tripped up right off the bat?
>>
I should have said to sneak around like a cat.
>>
Vengeance was denied to me today and that makes me ANGRY!
>>
have a good night bump
>>
We need to get quicker in mastering karate.
>>
it's the morning bump
>>
Bamp.
>>
Why do these alleys even exist if bulls aren't able to fit through them
>>
Won't run today. Sorry about that
>>
I would have beat him up if we weren't in this market.
>>
little bumpo
>>
have a good night.
>>
early bump
>>
we should have flown sideways.
>>
>>28855407
>>28850305
>>28847010
>>28845697
>>28844354
>>28844311
>>28844234
You let out a frustrated growl. It shouldn’t have been that hard to fly in here… and yet you blew it. Gust has been giving you way too much slack in your ninja training! You better remind him to his promise…
But despite just having had your vengeance denied to you, you decide to let go for now and to search for Gramps and Sweetheart.

You find them rather quickly. Indeed they’re both still near the place you and Sweetheart observed the small tavern.

“Ah! Harmony, how did it go?” Gramps asks you.
“Well… I lost him when he got out of Little Daedalus…” You answer, scratching the back of your head in embarrassment.
“Mmh… Never mind that.” The old pons shakes his head with a warm smile “I’m just glad you didn’t take too much risks. Now let’s talk about what I heard back in tavern.”
“Yeah” The changeling add with a hint of spite “Somewhat your grandfather didn’t want to tell anything to me alone…”
“When I got close enough to your stalker and his minotaur friends…” Gramps start without paying attention to Sweetheart “…They were already discussing prices about something your stalker was buying from the minotaurs. And the haggling was most of what I heard. Since the unicorn apparently had limited money, he had it pretty hard to strike the deal but eventually he did. And from the tone and sums, I can safely say he was hiring muscle.”
“And when your unicorn ‘friend’ left, he told the bulls he’d expect them tomorrow at the meeting point. Nothing more precise unfortunately. The two other bulls left shortly after without saying much more. That’s all I could hear unfortunately.” Gramps concludes.

“I think that means our secret admirer is going to finally come clean and ask us on that date.” Sweetheart comments with a chuckle “We better be on our best for him!”

>What do?
>>
That's all for tonight unfortunately, a headache is killing me
See you tomorrow
>>
>>28856286
I wonder if it'd be possible to tail the minotaurs to the meeting point.
>>
Well then. We might need back up. Again.
>>
>>28856286
Oh geez. Do you think he'll bring flowers or chocolate? That's what a stallion is supposed to do, right? Er, I mean, we're going to teach him a lesson he won't soon forget!

But secretly hope he's actually going to ask us out.
>>
sleep is very important.
>>
Well this is better then nothing. Thanks for the help Gramps.
>>
have a good night bump
>>
found on page 10.
>>
>>28859774
bring it home
>>
Bump for more Bardquest.
>>
see you on page 10. how about page 1 instead.
>>
It's time's like these where I wish I had a magic item that could point us to where we want to go.
>>
>>28856310
>>28856888
>>28857118
For a second, your imagination sends you pictures of you and that young secret admirer of yours, sitting at a restaurant table while the two minotaurs he especially hired for your service are waiting to take your order. And just as Sweetheart start a romantic solo on her flute, he presents a…
“Do you think he’ll bring flowers or chocolate? That’s what a stallion is supposed to do right?”
“In that situation… He’ll probably go for some arsenic pudding!” Sweetheart responds to your attempt at humour. Or at least that’s what she thought it was. Fortunately…
“Er… Y-yeah!” You utter, hoping no one notices you going two shades of red deeper “I mean, we’re going to teach him a lesson he won’t forget for breaking gentlecolt code!”

“Before that” Gramps comments “We’re going to need to make sure nothing happens to the two of you.”
“Yeah, we’re probably going to need help.” You nod.
“Hmm…” Gramps ponders “I don’t know if asking the guards would work. I doubt they could go unnoticed, and your stalkers won’t show themselves then.”
“That’s something to think about… But, actually, do you think we could tail these two minotaurs?” You ask your two friends.
“That might be an idea.” Sweetheart says “They didn’t go very far after leaving the tavern. In fact they just got into that building over there.” She points at a nearby closed door, showing no particular sign and without any window around. “We could wait them out tomorrow.”

>What do?
>>
Once again it's an only post update
Should be back on track tomorrow once for good
>>
>>28863616
damn, we should find out what that building is.
>>
we still haven't found something for the unicorn wizard.
>>
time to go to bed bump
>>
>>28863616

Sounds like a great way to bond with Sweetheart.
>>
little bump to keep you going
>>
>>28863616
Sounds like a good plan. Let's go and see that wizard.
>>
>>28866445
>>
>>28866605
>>28865875
>>28864420
>>28864015
“That sounds like a plan.” You ponder. And this might also be a great occasion to bond with your changeling friend, since she seems more at ease in conflicts… “We better find out what that building is…” You think out loud.
“That’s going to be quite the challenge.” Gramps comments “These two mercenaries might be among the few permanent residents of Little Daedalus. Needless to say, they like discretion about themselves...”

“Hum…” You nod. Actually, there’s still some things you’d like to take care of before going into full investigator mode “For now, maybe we could visit that old wizard again?”
“Are you sure?” Gramps asks “We still haven’t found something to help him.”

>What do?
>>
>>28868236
He lives here and he's a fairly capable wizard. There has to be a reason he hasn't fixed his speech problem himself.
>>
>>28868236
What if we're better off asking him what he wants? I think we should do that. Sweetheart, you be nice to this old stallion, ok? He's a big reason why you're here today.
>>
>>28868264
>>28868290
“Maybe we could go and ask him directly what he wants?” You say “After all, he’s a capable wizard. He should at least know some things about his own condition… if he hasn’t cured himself already since last time!”

Gramps nods and Sweetheart shrugs in response, but you’d like the changeling to get a little more involved with helping the adorable elder, you tell her. And you’ll give her some reform points if she succeeds, which seem to positively thrill her. At least enough for her to give you a nod while sighing and rolling her eyes toward the ceiling.
The three of you walk toward the stall of the old wizard. Just like last time you went here, the old unicorn doesn’t have any client right now, and makes his glass eye roll on the plank in front of him with an absent look on his face. However, he does perk up when you come near, and you’re once again greeted with his somewhat endearing yet toothless smile.

“Hay’er! Howov Ubin schins lscht taim?” He says in his usually broken speech.

“Hum… Yeah!” You respond, a little unsure about what he said “Actually, I’ve been thinking about you. And I really thing you deserve better being left alone with your condition. So if you could tell me how I could help you, I’d be happy to oblige!” You declare with a grin.

The old pony blink several times in silence, as if you just said something absolutely preposterous.
“aaaAAAAYYYNo! Hatstoo Expnsveuh!” He then shakes his head vigorously after a few seconds “Cn’t leta shtrnnnnger dodat fome!”

Meanwhile, Sweetheard whispers in your ear “Alright, I’m okay with helping, but I do not speak the senile. So tell me what he says and then I’ll help.”

>What do?
>>
>>28868482
No, no! Really! We (stress the 'we' between us and Sweetheart) would love to help you in any way! Thanks to you my friend here is alive and well with her head still attached to her body!

Whisper to him that she's really mean until you get to know her.
>>
>>28868482
he said it's too expensive and that he can't let a stranger him help that much.
>>
>>28868522
>>28868749
You translate what the old pony said to your friend, before turning back to him.
“No, no! WE…” You make sure to heavily pat your Sweetheart’s shoulder as you say that “would love to help you in any way! Thanks to you my friend is alive and still has her head on her shoulders after all!”

“Yes, that’s right.” Sweetheart says with a sugary voice before jumping over the counter of the old unicorn “I’ll do whatever it takes. I’m just so glad to live another day…” She says, putting both her hooves on his shoulders, and giving him puppy eyes which could melt the glaciers “and it’s all thanks to you… So please, let us give you a hoof.”

You were thinking about letting the old unicorn know that Sweetheart could be quite cold at first, but he looks too moved to care right now. And if he still had doubt about letting you help, they’re definitely gone after the changeling’s intervention.

“Ah… ah duno wato sai…” He says, tears in the corner of his eyes “Ah… No… Nowa…eva hep… ol’mi…”
You have to wait a little longer to let him dry his tears, since any attempt at communicating while he was still sobbing was completely impossible.

“Owaight…” He starts finally starts “Ahm… Ahm amot cmplltly breuk… Nowa eva ahk fo anuthig to ol’mi… Butt I no a smugthig at cod hep ol’mi”
“Ze ples Iscald…” The old pony takes his breth, apparently to make sure what he’ll say will be as understandable as possible “Boooooood Prrreschhhhuuur!”

>What do?
>>
>>28868856
you want us to look for a place called blood pressure?
>>
>>28868896
“AAAYYYY!” The old pony nods vigorously.

>What do?
>>
>>28868856
I'm almost completely broke. ????? ask for anything for me. But I know something that could help me. A place called Blood Pressure(???)
>>
>>28868912
You got it mister! We'll find Blood Pressure! Is it in town or...?
>>
>>28868912
Alright, is blood pressure far? What is that we're supposed to get when we're there? Could you perhaps teleport us there?
>>
>>28868956
>>28868974
“Aaaayyy!” He nods normally, and point with one of his shaky hooves toward the other end of the street “Ids jucht owa dere. Thegot smuthig thacod hep ol’mi”

You decide to simply follow the old pony’s direction, and find what he was talking about. The name Blood Pressure, seems to belong to a clinic of some kind. There’s no windows, but a simple door and it says you can come in at this hour. A red cross still hangs over the shack… although the wear make it look a little more brownish. Which isn’t very reassuring for a health establishment.

Still, you push open the door and find yourself in the cramped front office of a shady clinic. The desk is empty, and there’s a little sign saying ‘In procedure. Wait here please’ on it. There’s only one chair, and the walls are adorned with posters giving some health advice, but they’re all so old the colour faded from all of them. There’s a slight smell of raw chicken flesh in the air, and it’s making you feel uneasy.

You don’t have time to admire the place as a slender minotaur comes out from a door in the back, and the hair raise on your coat as your see the whole front of his body plastered with red.

“Another cranberry sauce indigestion…” He mutters to himself in a jaded voice while he removes and throws away his stained surgical masks and gloves “Sometimes I wonder why I’m still doing this job.” And after a deep sigh, he finally turns to you “What are you here for? You don’t look like you’re here for an emergency”

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>28869317

You know the stand with the old unicorn wizard down the street, who doesn't talk so good? We were wondering if there was anything you could do for him to help with his speech problem.
>>
>>28869317
we have a friend that needs your help.he has trouble speaking clearly. Do you have something for that?
>>
I wonder why he pointed us here.
>>
let's hope this works.
>>
have a good night bumpo
>>
>>28872507
>>
hey
you can't stay here
>>
>>28869381
>>28869470
“Actually we’re here for someone else.” You answer. “We’ve got a friend who’s got big trouble speaking clearly. Do you know about the stand with the old unicorn down the street?”
“Old Slimetongue?” The minotaur asks back, unflinching.
“I think so. Is that his name?” You inquire, your head slightly tilted to the side.

“Nah. Nobody took the time to ask his name thoroughfully, so everybody call him that instead.” He explains, while starting to fill some paperwork “And he came here some time ago when he arrived around Little Daedalus. That was a few weeks ago, I think. He only had enough to get himself examined but he didn’t have the one gold and half I asked for the treatment.”

You gulp. 150 silvers is a lot more than what you have.

>What do?
>>
>>28874687
What was the treatment? Any ways we can convince you to lower the price?
>>
>>28874687
That is indeed alot of coin. Ask him why the treatment so expensive. Is it super special magicky? What kind of treatment is it?
>>
>>28874733
>>28874736
“That’s… a lot of money!” You stutter with a tense smile.
“I know.” The surgeon minotaur coldly answers.
“And can I ask you… What’s… making it so difficult to cure him? And what’s that treatment you’re talking about?” You ask him to satisfy your curiosity.

“Without going into details…” He starts to explain “His whole nervous system is damaged, and that’s actually post healing trauma, so standard healing won’t do a thing. I couldn’t understand much from him when he came to me, but he was jury-rigged back from the dead after something quite ugly I think. And he’s been that way since then. After that and with his old age, any sane pony should have retired. That’s what I advised him to do, but I’ve also understood he badly needs money for someone else.”
“The only think I could offer him was a magic facial prosthesis, but since these are no longer produced since ten years ago, I only have a couple left… and by that I mean I only have two left, so when I offer them for that price, it’s probably a bargain already.”

“Ahem… And...” You ask uneasily “I-Is there a way I can convince you to lower the price?”
“Sorry.” The surgeon shakes his head “I’m not feeling like being the selfless hero these days. You should have come ten years earlier or something.”

You wince while the shady surgeon gets back to his papers, and Sweetheart come to whisper in your ear.
“This guy’s completely dead inside!” She says “My magic alone won’t make him bulge about that decision, we better find something else if we want to convince him.”

>What do?
>>
>>28874891
What about a trade. Paying in something other than money.
>>
>>28874891
what do you think about paying in installments? Once he's healed he should be able to make money. you know, like 25 silvers a week, 50 a month?
>>
>>28874912
>>28874954
“How about a trade for that prosthesis?” You offer “Can I pay you in something else than money?”
“I’m not against trading” He shrugs as an answer “As long as it’s something I like or could use. I’m not a reseller.”

“Alright… and besides that, do you accept paying in instalments?” You still try to convince the surgeon “Once he’s healed I’m sure he’ll make a lot more money! He could easily pay back 50 silvers in a single month!”
“A loan? In little Daedalus? Ha!” The minotaur lets out a disabused chuckle “I don’t have the band of… associates you need to keep up with that kind of deal.”

>What do?
>>
>>28875032
Okay. Any idea what you would be willing to trade for it?
>>
>>28875032
oh, i thought you could get a magic contract or something that would kill him if he tries to run away or something. indentured servitude and all that. let's go ask him if he has any magic maguffins locked away that he's willing to part with or could be used as collateral.
>>
>>28875060
>>28875086
“Eh… Sorry” You apologize “I though you could have him bonded magically or something, with some sort of blood pact where he becomes your slave for a time.”
“You’re funny” The minotaur says while his cheek muscles fail to show a smile “But I don’t have the dozen gold or something to have someone make that kind of demonic contract for me.”

“And… Can you think about something you’d like for a trade?” You ask, full of hope.
The minotaur looks up to the ceiling and lets out a slow hum, as he contemplates the misery of his life and how utterly devoid he is of even the most basic will to strive toward happiness.
“Nah…” He finally breathes out “Unless you could find something that would genuinely make me feel like I have some purpose in life. Something that would make me feel great… I mean, beyond painkillers. I’ve got plenty of these already…”

On that note, and since the place is still open for the rest of the night, you excuse yourselves and walk the shot way back to Slimetongue’s, for the lack of a better name, and ask him if he think he could have an item for trade which could catch the surgeon’s attention.
But after a while, and despite the sizable pile of partially rotten occult utensils the old pony brought out from his shelves and drawer, he shrug and shakes his head is distress.

>What do?
>>
>>28875187
dude needs to get a puppy. unless he isn't an pet animal bull. in that case we can give him a friend, slime tongue. they can hang out on wednesdays and find a hobby in common to share. or a girlfriend. boyfriend?
ask if he knows how to make magic items like "telescope that let's you see into ponies minds!" or something. can he enchant things? like this knife can now be hot.
>>
>>28875187
I think our best bet is something to trade. But what could we possibly get him that could match what he wants? Any ideas Sweeheart?
>>
>>28875231
>>28875239
“That surgeon probably needs a puppy actually.” You declare “Or whatever do minotaur take for pets. Or a girlfriend.”
“Probably, but…” Gramps objects “Ever if by some sort of miracle, that surgeon accepts to take in a pet, it’s probably going to take days, if not weeks to significantly brighten his mood.”

“Then maybe all he needs is an actual friend!” You turn to the old wizard, grinning “And YOU could be that friend! I feel like both of you could really help out each other through your own problems!”
“Tsnot eay maykin frendshh laik dat…” The old pony clumsily scratch the back of his head in shame “Ah shtll cuntTak. Itsh gunnbe had tobe frendshh fwe cuntTak togeshhhhrr…”

“Our best bet is probably still to make a trade with him, then…” You ponder aloud, after definitely understanding what Slimetongue said. “Do you think you could craft or enchant something that he may like?”
But after a while, it appears that everything the wizard could think of was either not good enough or even more expensive that the one gold and half to build.

“Darn…” You groan in frustration “Can you think of something, Sweetheart?” You ask once you’ve reviewed everything you could think of with Slimetongue.
“Nothing that wouldn’t break the surgeon’s heart once we’re done with him.” She shakes her head, but after a few seconds her eyes light up “Unless… You’d be willing to give up your ticket for the last day of the Superbrawl! He’s still a bullhead after all... And if we could find some of his friend to go with him... Or maybe we could find someone… maybe a potential girlfriend, like you wanted, or just someone as excited as you are to lift his spirits. I don’t think many minotaurs would refuse a front row ticket just because they’ll have a sleepyhead next to them anyway.”

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
we should find out if that girl minotaur with the puppy is single. then he would get a girlfriend AND a puppy. he's such a good boy too.
>>
>>28875535
use seduce!
>>
>>28875706

That's a bit of a gamble though, since if she isn't into him nothing will come of it and the ticket will be wasted. Maybe we should just have Nymph do it?
>>
>>28875535
Buh, but the Superbrawl... you're right Sweetheart. Sacrifices must be made. If my ticket is what it costs to help an old pony speak again, so be it. Besides, I've gotten two days of the games in already.
>>
>>28877139
you can't "waste" a ticket when you're a Minotaur and at the superbrawl. also we'll just edit the truth and say he's a doctor who's a little bit frosty but you'll see that he's a well meaning and nice guy.
also gambling is fun.
also i wanted to baby sit the cute little puppy so my motives are somewhat selfish.
>>
have a good night.
>>
>>28875706
>>28876245
>>28877139
>>28877664
>>28878483
“Someone to go with him? Great idea! But who…” You ponder out loud, before realising “Oh! I know! What about that girl with the flowers and the pup! Think about it, a girl AND a pup! Let’s just hope she’s single…”
“Great thinking, Happy Birdie!” Gramps says “Like Sweetheart said, I doubt she’d refuse an invitation for the Superbrawl”
“Yeah… But…” After the rush, a few doubts come to abate your enthusiasm about that plan, even if it would mean spending some more time with Barrel… “Actually there’s still a chance for things to go awry with her, since that guy’s so depressed. Could you go with him Sweetheart?” You turn to the changeling.

“Of course I could!” Sweetheart’s chest swells with pride “But that’s what I meant when I talked about breaking his heart. Still, if you’ve got no problem with that… neither do I!” She says with a devious grin.

Indeed, you doubt your changeling friend would accept to actual start a healthy relationship with that guy.
Now, all you have to do is to decide about how to proceed. You doubt you’ll be able to find Wild Lilly before tomorrow morning, so should you get back and talk to the surgeon already?

>What do?
>>
>>28880654
I say we go pitch the idea to him.
>>
>>28880654
Let's go see if he is interested in the superbrawl.
>>
>>28880999
>>28881179
First, you decide to go back to that surgeon, and see what he has to say about that.
You still had some regret giving up your last day of entertainment, but that regret is swept away as a flicker of light seem to appear in his eyes when you show him the ticket, his mouth opening slightly and eyes going wide.

“I… That’s… Woah…” He stares in the air some more absently, before continuing with a more composed but still monotonous tone “And you want to trade that just for old Smiletongue’s sake?”
“Yep.” You nod proudly “And there’s even going to be someone nice going with you!” You add with a cheeky smile.

“You’re, uh… you’re really going all out about this, aren’t you? I mean, even if I stopped attending to the games years ago…” You wince a little at that information “I know how much some people would have a heart attack if you gave them this. But maybe seeing the games up close would be nice? I always thought it was hard to see a thing from far away.”

“So… Alright” The slender minotaur clears his throat, before continuing “I guess I owe you to try to go. But if it happens I feel like I’m losing my time half the way through, I’ll just leave and hand you back the tickets, so they won’t be totally wasted on me. In that case, I also wouldn’t perform anything on old Slimetongue, even after going to the games.”
“These are my terms, are you alright with that? Also, about that other nice person, I just hope I won’t ruin the games for them…”
The surgeon stares in your eyes, awaiting your reaction to his proposal with a cold interest.

>What do?
>>
>>28881325
my only condition is that you have to wear a foam finger of whoever you're rooting for.
>>
>>28881364
“Hum, I’ll accept it!” You say, giving him the ticket “But! You’ve got to promise me!” You take your serious face “You’re going to wear a foam finger of whoever you’re rooting for!”
“They still make those things?” The surgeon lazily raises an eyebrow “But alright, if you say so… My name’s Brass Heart by the way”

And after resisting the urge to teach him about the due respect to foam fingers, you let Brass Heart to his clinic and come back with Gramps and Sweetheart in the smoky air of the streets of little Daedalus.

>What do?
>>
>>28881325
That sounds good to me.

>>28881364
This, or in the case that he has nobody to cheer for he must wear our Salamanders scarf.
>>
>>28881460
God damnit...
>>
>>28881452
Well let's hope that works out. it wouldn't be too hard to find the Minotaur girl anyway because we just have to wait in her stand and then say "here take this ticket.
>>
>>28881452
Depending on how late it is either look for the girl or go home. I'm sure Winter will appreciate getting that mask back to a monk of Brahma instead of it rotting in Little Daedalus.
>>
>>28881483
>>28881496
It’s going to be midnight soon, so with little hope to find Wild Lilly, you decide to come home right away. And as you anticipated, you find Winter Seed quite surprised when you show him your purchase.

“That’s amazing…” he says, examining the mask like a historical treasure “There’s still some life in this wood… I might even hear about his story!” He turns to you, a grateful grin on his face “Thank you, Harmony! You did something very right today. Once again, I offer my vows of friendship as a blessing.”

“And I ask for nothing more!” You say, taking the monk in a hug he greedily gives reciprocates.

With that done, you realise pretty much everyone seem ready to go to bed. And unless there’s something else you’d like to do or someone you’d like to talk to, a yawn coming out of your mouth suggests you do the same.

>What do?
>>
>>28881677
time to sleep.
>>
>>28881677
Ask Winter about that mask. Like what he'll do with it or if he can tell how old it is.
>>
>>28881686
>>28881715
“So… what are you going to do with this new mask?” You ask out of curiosity.
“Well… I’m going to try to get him to talk to me.” The zebra calmly answer “And maybe learn how it got here, but that’ll take time.”

“Huh…” You reply, a little unsure about how to react to that statement “And is this one special? How old is it?” You inquire further.
“All our masks are special…” Winty answers, talking quite fondly about the traditions of his people “You see Harmony, these masks… aren’t supposed to be lost like that. They’re very important to us, and contain a small portion of the wisdom of his wearer, which will be passed on through the seeds. And even for those who leave our cult for good, they’re supposed to return their masks to the forest when the time comes. Unfortunately, whoever wore this mask in the past probably met an unfortunate demise…”
“As for how old it is… I’d say it’s been separated from his wearer for something like one year.” He concludes.

Satisfied for now, you wish your zebra friend a good night, and tuck yourself under in your own bed. You dream about a beige unicorn romantically declaring his love for you, before revealing he was actually Cabbage all along and stealing your mane for himself before flying away to the sunset… But you only remember small parts of that.

You wake up, well rested and full of energy the next morning, and nearly burst out of your sheets from sheer excitement.
Yesterday was a busy day, but it’s nothing compared to what you’re going to do today!
You’ve already planned to invite Wild Lilly for the Superbrawl along with Brass heart, and also to tail the minotaur your unicorn stalker hired, but maybe get some help before that. That was the most important things.

>What do?
>>
see you tomorrow
>>
>>28881984
let's go find her and hope that she shows up early to work to set up her stand.
>>
We must tell gale to follow us today as well.
>>
Let's have some tasty breakfast and make sure cabbage is fed as well.
>>
Have a good night and enjoy yourself.
>>
life giving bump
>>
>>28881984
Hmmmm. How about we go find Lily, Sweetheart go tail those hired minotaur since she can make herself look different, and Gale can provide overwatch for us.
>>
>>28886286
>>28884234
>>28882675
>>28882144
First step is a good breakfast! Today, you allow Heartshape to skip this meal, since she only came back to being the littlest around during the night. But you do make sure you have plenty of food for yourself and your leafy friend, who feasts on half-a-dozen eggs.

Then, you inform Gust about the situation, and he understand your worries and accept goes with you for the days. However, he does have a few objections about the rest of your plan. Especially the part where Sweetheart goes alone to tail on two mercenaries.

“Actually…” He frowns “I’m not keen on letting Sweetheart on her own, you know… I don’t like the idea of her being unsupervised, we might never hear about her again. She also need to check in at the barracks regardless. Also, Trotting Stone has to go with her to get to Little Daedalus, right?”
“Anyway, even if that means we could miss those ruffians, I advise against splitting up.” He concludes

>What do?
>>
>>28887488
I guess you're right. I suppose we'll have to drop the plan with the hired Minotaurs unless Heartshape wants to tail them.

Before heading out for today get ourselves extra cleaned up. Bathe, preen our wings, brush our mane and tail, and maybe loose the "colty headband." Y-you know, in case he does ask us out.
>>
Sorry, things came up

Will be back tomorrow
>>
wonder if we should put a metal casing over our staff.
>>
getting away from page nine.
>>
>>28888171
let's hope that's true.
>>
time to get to bed bump
>>
We're totally ready to take on the day!
>>
>>28889721
>staff
It's really just a stick. I forget we have it most of the time.
>>
>>28893339
we should try to get the pony wizard to enchant it somehow. or someone. anyone!
>>
>>28887632
>>28894374
>>28893339
>>28889721
“Aw…” You ears drop in disappointment “Alright, I guess you’re right… Let’s forget about tailing them…”
“Hey, now.” Gust replies, trying to be comforting “There’s no need to give up entirely! If we can convince Wild Lilly fast enough, there’s a chance we might still catch them fast enough.”

You nod and decide to go prepare yourself. Today is a big day, and there’s proper etiquette when it comes to being maybe kidnapped by a shadowy follower, so you scrub yourself in a bath and make sure your wings are clean and well-preened. For today, you also decide to lose the headband since… maybe… colts may not like it... You still keep it with you since your wild mane occasionally end up in your eyes without it, so if there’s trouble you might want to tie it back on. You also think about making your stick a little better for self-defence. You could add some casting, or… if everything goes as planned, maybe Slimetongue would accept to enchant it! That would be sweet! But you better actually finish helping him before thinking about that.

“You know…” Gust comments with a half-smile once you’re finally done pampering yourself “I really meant it when I said we could maybe still tail the minotaurs… If we’re FAST enough.”
“Hehe…” You giggle and blush slightly “S-sorry, I thought I really wanted to look nice today. N-no particular reason…”
“Huh…” Gust raise a confused eyebrow “Is that also why you didn’t put your headband?”
“Y-yeah! I thought I could… You know, try another style!”
The harrier shrugs it away while Sweetheart gives you a curious look. But none of them talk about it anymore as you go on with your plans for today.

And with Gust and Sweetheart, you make your way toward the market ring.
>>
>>28894736
You find the minotaur girl quite fast, and she’s already doing business. And while she hadn’t noticed you right of the bat, the enthusiastic barks of Barrel soon make her eyes point toward you little group, and she give you a friendly wave while she finishes to prepare a bouquet for a customer.

>What do?
>>
>>28894743
Once she's finished up with the customer offer her the ticket and tell her that, if she's interested, she can go with a dull bull that could use some cheering up at the games.
>>
>>28894787
You wait a little for her to catch some breath before approaching her.

“Hey!” You greet her “How’s business going?”
“Hi Harmony! It’s as fine as it can be!” Wild Lilly cheerfully answers, wiping the sweat from her foreheead “Even for flower people feel more like spending these days.”

“Great! But actually…” You pull out your second ticket and present it to her “How about taking a break this afternoon?”

She looks at the ticket incredulously at first, but as she finally understand the meaning of your words, she gasps in surprise and excitement as a grin of pure happiness spreads across her face.
“WHAT?‼” She bursts in joy and jumps on her hooves “A-A-A-ARE you sure?‼ I mean, that’s a really HUGE gift you’re giving me, you know that, right?!”

“Yep, I’m sure” You reply, happily taking the role of the selfless gift-maker “And… There’s also a dull bull who’s going to be next to you, and he could really use some cheering up, you see what I mean?”
“Really? You had TWO ticket!? And you gave BOTH of them away? Boy, I didn’t know I was facing the ABSOLUTELY LUCKIEST AND MOST SELFLESS mare around when I met you!” She exults, and you’re definitely going to blush if she doesn’t stop complimenting you like that “Don’t worry, though” She continues, calming only a little “I don’t know ONE bull who won’t go CRAZY when watching the games from so close!”
“Oh gods…” Wild Lilly still look like she can’t believe her luck “I don’t know how to thank you, Harmony!”

>What do?
>>
>>28895033
Just have fun!
>>
>>28895612
This.
>>
>>28895612
>>28895650
“If you REALLY want to thank me… just have fun!” You tell the flower girl with a smile rivalling her own.

“Really? Nothing at all? Darn, girl, I don’t think I’ve been that good of a girl…” She says, a little embarrassed from your generosity “But if you’re sure about that, don’t mind if I do! See you around, Harmony!” She says, before returning to her job for the time being and giving you an even more enthusiastic wave than the first.

“That went really well!” Gust declares before taking a more serious tone “So now, how do we proceed about your stalker?”

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>28895972
fuck if i know. I was just going to tackle him.
>>
>>28895972
He usually shows up whenever I take Sweetheart to the station. I want to go and see if we can trail them but I'm scared that the mystery stallion might know what I'm doing. What if he's watching right now!?

>>28895982
Only if he's not actually going to ask us out.
>>
how about that page nine eh?
>>
time to go to bed bump
>>
i now realize i should have told her to be a little forward with the doctor if she fancied him.
>>
Barrel is the best pupper.
>>
light bump
>>
No session today?
>>
looks like you're on page 10. that means pleeny is too tired to run again.
>>
friendship is the most powerful magic in equestria.
>>
let's hope he manages to make it tomorrow.
>>
>>28902857

let's not
>>
>>28902857
>
>>
>>28774196
>>
>>28895982
>>28896113
You hope Wild Lilly’s going to be able to get through the gloominess of the other stallion. And maybe you should have given her the hint about getting to know him better… You guess you’re going to let fate decide instead.
For now, you’ve got other things on your mind.

“I don’t know…” You answer Gust “I guess I just planned on jumping on him…” A slight blush spreads on your cheeks as you supress the other romantic plan you had in mind.
“And about tailed him…” You wince

“Nah, indeed” Sweetheart shakes her head “We’ve been rather inconsistent with the exact hour we went to check in. So they’re probably waiting for us by now… if they’ve got half a functioning brain!”

“So, same plan as yesterday?” Gust offers “You just go there and pretend to be careless while I watch from above?”

>What do?
>>
>>28906455
it's the only plan we got so far.
>>
>>28906455
Ok then. But before we go give Gale a big hug and tell him we appreciate everything he's done for us.
>>
>>28906522
>>28906535
“Well… That’s the only plan we’ve got I guess.” You shrug a little uneasily.

But still, it should be a good enough plan. And before going, you make sure to let your harrier friend know you really appreciates what he’s been doing for you, and take him a surprise back hug.

“Gale!” You whisper in his ear “You know… I really wanted to say thanks! It’s going to be the third time you’ll be willing to fight baddies with me, and you even agreed to watch over Sweetheart with me… Anyway, thanks! I don’t know what I’d do without you!” You say before squeezing the athletic stallion with all your strength.
He giggles uneasily at your contact, and soon push you away a little awkwardly.
“H-hm…” He nods, his cheeks redder than a poppy “I… I should go!” He blurts before flying away faster than the wind.
“Gee…” Sweetheart huffs while she walk past you “How can a muscle head be such a coward too?”

On these mysterious words of her, you start to make your way toward the barracks with Sweetheart, remaining alert for anything out of the ordinary.
Any things out of the ordinary end up coming up.

Indeed, your progression through one of the smaller street is halted by a sizeable group of people apparently watching some street entertainment. You can hear everyone going wow and laughing and clapping from time to time, but you can’t see the actual entertainer, only hearing come-ons from what seems to be someone showing some address feats to the crowd.
“Let’s just fly over them.” Sweetheart says.

>What do?
>>
>>28906851
Does that mean we have to carry her? If so, no complaints here.
>>
>>28906851
Begrudgingly agree but try our best to peek at what's going on.
>>
>>28906927
>>28906986
You agree. Since no one was watching in you direction, this gives Sweetheart the opportunity to trade her horn for a pair of wings in a dark corner, after that, you both hoover past the little crowd of bulls and ponies.

It’s a little sad not to stop and enjoy the performance, so you can’t help but to steal a few glances from the show.

Covered in a wizardry cloak, a unicorn is amusing the bulls and ponies with cantrips and conjuring tricks. And from the cheering he receives from the audience, the beige unicorn with three little coloured star as a cutie marks seems be making a killing!

Oh wait…
>>
>>28907116
Hey it's that guy we were looking for. that's a lucky coincidence. we just need to point him out and wait.
>>
>>28907116
Tap Sweetheart on the shoulder and say "flower power."

Watch the show for a little while from the air before flipping him a copper.
>>
>>28907209
>>28907274
You tap Sweetheart’s shoulder, and whisper the password to her, and immediately se turns to see your target.

“Well, well…” She crosses her hooves and flashes a toothy grin “If it isn’t our guy performing a diversion? Don’t let your guard down Harmony, I don’t see any of the minotaurs he hired yesterday” She looks around her, but doesn’t seem to notice anything “And your Grampa said they planned to meet somewhere today.”
“Wait, you think he noticed us and that this isn’t a coincidence?” You sheepishly ask.
“Well, duh!” Sweetheart rolls her eyes “Our secret admirer performing on the way we take every day? Coincidence, yeah. And he probably hasn’t noticed the two mare flying over everyone else either… I’m being ironic, by the way.” She adds before you can say anything.
“Huh… well, let’s watch for a little.” You declare
“Uhm… Yeah” Sweetheart smiles deviously “since he doesn’t seem like he wants to go at us head on, maybe we have a chance to turn him over!”

You allow the performance to continue unnoticed. Like Sweetheart says, it’s almost impossible the guy hasn’t noticed you by now, but still he doesn’t let anything to show it.
He isn’t half bad at his art either, and his card tricks and illusions are spot on! If it wasn’t from Sweetheart occasionally poking you, you’d be completely captivated by his show.
After two minutes or so, you decide to make yourself noticed once for all, and go in front of the crowd to throw a cooper in the hat provided for that purpose.

“Many thanks, young lady!” He cheerfully thanks you like any other spectator, before adding “Would you accept to join me in front of everyone here for a very special spell?” He offers while giving you a playful wiggling of his eyebrows, while the rest of the crowd starts to cheer on you.

>What do?
>>
>>28907481

I would usually say sure, YOLO to this but I think we've done enough suicidal things in our time. We should probably decline.
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>28907481
The urge to make bad decisions is too strong! We've already built her up to be infatuated with him and to be a part of the show? That's really hard for Harmony to resist. We know him, and he knows we know him so it would be interesting to see what he does. He seems to have a talent in teleporting to there's a chance he'll just teleport us somewhere. Fuck it, I say we do it but other than being mildly flustered and fawning over him try to be aware of any shenanigans.

My question is what in the world is he trying to accomplish? Why is he after us?
>>
have a good night page 10.
>>
>>28907481
We should ask what Sweetheart thinks.
>>
>>28907481
Refuse. Just to see what he'll do.
>>
time to go to bed bump good night.
>>
we should ask what the spell is. we've had enough magic things happen to us in this town.
>>
get a lil bump
>>
Bump plz.
>>
Sorry, but I'm going to need to postpone for tomorrow again.

I'll try not the have the end of the thread happen in the middle of something
>>
>>28913200
let's hope so.
>>
the wait for pleeny continues.
>>
i still don't trust him and don't think we should do it. he could teleport us somewhere and then put a body double out like the last time.
>>
Bear with me a lil' longer, thread
>>
File: let_go.png (59KB, 698x592px) Image search: [Google]
let_go.png
59KB, 698x592px
I hate having to do this after two days of bump intravenous, but this thread will have to die. Things not realted to pony prevent me from being commited to questing, so I'm going to take a break with only a mild cliffhanger while I still can.

I've already come to the conclusion in the past that trying to force myslef in case like that would only get me to run poorly for me and everyone else, so that's merely what I'm trying to avoid.

See you around. I'll post a heads up in the general once I know when I'll be ready to pick up again

Pretty lame end for a pretty damn good thread, though. I hope you all had as mush fun as I did. Suggestions and critics always welcome.
Also, thank you all guys, your waifu is a very funny and smart pony
Thread posts: 428
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.