[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiding Your Power Level Makes You Extra Autistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_1845.jpg (244KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1845.jpg
244KB, 1280x1024px
Hiding your power level from loved ones, family, friends, or anybody else is a sign of weakness. My mother, father, brother, cousins, and best friends know that I like the show and they don't care. If you don't do this, you're a pussy. Prove me wrong faggots.
>>
>>28771811
Well, it's never come up in any conversations so why the fuck would I just blurt it out at them like some autist?
>>
File: 1468285918679.gif (4MB, 500x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468285918679.gif
4MB, 500x640px
>>28771811
My family knows and they don't care either, but I don't bring it up in conversations.
>>
>>28771837
>>28771862
/thread

gz OP, you look like a dickhead.
>>
>>28771811
I dont hide my power level.
I regulate it.
I dont bring it up in conversation unless there's an appropriate opening, but I may wear some clothing or accessories from time to time without going overboard.
>>
>>28771811
I'm vegan
>>
>>28771907
I don't bring it up out of the blue. I sometimes wear pins on my jacket, or have prints hanging on my walls.
>>
File: no no, im listening.jpg (22KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
no no, im listening.jpg
22KB, 400x267px
>mobilefag
DIS FUCKING CARDED

Your opinion counts for less than shit you astounding retard, fuck off.
>>
>>28771811
>Tfw I can do no wrong no matter what anyone tries to tell me

Everyone knows I have an in ironic waifu, everyone knows I live and breathe for the show and this board.
>>
File: 1465445527800.png (74KB, 480x610px) Image search: [Google]
1465445527800.png
74KB, 480x610px
>>28771811
I don't hide my power level, and my family is completely OK with it. I also think that people who hide it like if it was some kind of embarrassing secret for no reason are a bunch of retards, acting like if it was something wrong means that they actually think there's something wrong with this, so fuck them.

But I've been in threads like this before, and I've talked to people who have no other choice but to hide it. They have conservative families who wouldn't approve this stuff, and admitting that they like this show could get them in trouble. Of course it makes sense for these people to "hide their power level".

So, maybe it's not as easy as you think, OP.
>>
>>28772358
>Conservative families who wouldn't approve this stuff.

Yeah I had one of those. Emphasis on had.
>>
>>28771837
This. Changing the topic of conversation is rude too imo.
>>
>>28771811
You're not wrong. Being ashamed and hiding part of yourself isn't healthy. You can't grow as a person if you can't accept who and what you are.
>>
>>28771811
OP is completely right
>>
File: 1476541812126.jpg (428KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1476541812126.jpg
428KB, 2048x1536px
>>28772358
I hide my power level from my friends because I know they would look down on me for it. Its never come up so it would make me look autistic if I just went out and told them. Ive dropped loads of hints and Im ~60% sure my friend is a ponyfag too. I guess ill just wait until the time is right to reveal my true autistic self
>>
Get back in the closet, homo.
>>
If you bring it up constantly when it's not relevant, then you're a raging autist.
If you obsess over "hiding your power level", even though 99% of people don't give a shit, then you're also a raging autist.
This applies to pretty much everything, not just Canadian childrens' cartoons.
>>
File: 1470753484691.jpg (56KB, 628x310px) Image search: [Google]
1470753484691.jpg
56KB, 628x310px
>>28772292
>see the post
>meh whatever
>see he mobileposted
>OH MY FUCKING GOD KILL YOURSELF CANCEROUS FAGGOT YOU OPINIONS ARE WORTHLESS BECAUSE YOU POST FROM YOU PHONE
>>
>>28772392
>killed entire family for not liking pone
I like your style, anon.
>>
>>28772392

I had an incident like that too; my actual parents are pretty caring and chill, but separate (I'm a bastard woo), and my father married someone who grew up with an overbearing military father who were steeped in the Japanese-American culture of Hawaii—so, needless to say, unconditional respect for your elders, and unwavering obeyance of strict societal norms, because any rational person would be driven to suicide by the shame of not living up to those expectations.

She found my Twilight plush and took it away; I petitioned my father for it, who snuck it back to me; she called for me to go to "therapy", I entertained her demand and was judged as being "pretty fucking normal", which she didn't agree with, so she immediately withdrew me. I still cuddled with the plush, but hid it during the day—she was the only reason I was glad I could lock my car while it was home, by the time I had one.

Now she's wasting away due to cancer, which started in her lungs and metastasized to her brain; I have a sneaking suspicion that's why she became progressively more aggressive and scolding. Call me sociopathic, but it's really, really hard for me to feel remorse for her state when she had the vitriol to basically ruin the later half of my childhood with cynicism and suppression. (She's lost enough cognition that it's notable, and since I'm one of those fucktwats who doesn't believe in "souls" or other metaphysical bullshit, I don't consider her the same person anymore.)

Meanwhile, my father casually knows but doesn't judge because he knows he doesn't know enough; my mother, a hobbyist artist, hung up a couple of prints I found for free next to the art in her bedroom. She likes to call Twi "Sprinkles", or "Wrinkles" with wings.

And, of course, Twi's still next to me every night, in spite of those paltry crusades. The more things change...
>>
>>28771811
I think hiding your power level refers to social situations where broadcasting your love for ponies is inappropriate. For example, at a bar or other social gathering, a job interview, at work, ect.
>>
File: medium.png (265KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
medium.png
265KB, 800x450px
My mom worked at the local game store where I got into the MLP card game, she was there for my first regionals and saw me off to continentals.

My dad doesn't care, it's just an interest we don't have in common so we don't talk about it

Most of my friends are into pony or other things that are just as cancerous so it's just ammo for us to rag on each other in good fun

Life is pretty good as an out of closet horsefucker
>>
>>28771811
I hide it, and my waifu is ALT + TAB. So?
>>
>>28771811
Here's why you're wrong: you want attention. kthx

>>28772358
Is that your fave?
>>
File: 1477876936497.gif (1011KB, 280x145px) Image search: [Google]
1477876936497.gif
1011KB, 280x145px
>>28771811
Lol sure buddy
>>
>>28771811
I'm fine with my friends knowing, but they promised not to tell my family.

I don't buy merchandise

I browse every pony related site with a Chrome plugin named "Hide Images"

If I get questioned, I'll just say that I'm a furry, which is slightly less autistic.
>>
>>28771811
I won't deny it if I'm asked but I won't blurt it out either. So a few people know but most don't.
>>
>>28771837
>>28771862
>>28780744
these
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.