[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frostbitten (CYOA) #11

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: 1473131793923.png (539KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1473131793923.png
539KB, 1000x1000px
https://www.anonpone.com/frostbitten/

[1/2]

>What was up with that pony?
Misty looks in your direction as you walk through the prison marketplace.
“In all honesty, I'm really not sure. Maybe it's better to not know what's underneath that robe.”
>You're probably right... Leave well enough alone, right?
“Something like that.”
Barring the encounter with the light creature, you expected ponies around here to be, well, just that. Ponies. It seems that assumption was false, however. Whatever brings things to this place does not restrict itself to ponies exclusively. It makes you wonder what else could possibly be lurking in this city.
But enough about that, you need to get some medical supplies.
You begin your search through the extensive bazaar until you find some kind of cafeteria at the very back of the room, with some tables that ponies are sitting at, eating up their food happily. First time you've seen a large amount of happiness in one place before. The back wall of the room is a counter lined with display cases of various different types of food. The wall on the left side of the cafeteria counter hosts a cell with a large red cross on the top. You figure if that's not the place to look, you don't know what is.
>>
>>28758277

[2/2]

You take a look into the cell to inspect it. The door has been replaced by a haphazardly made wooden counter, with small bits of wood poking out of it. Seems kinda unsafe for a medical place, but you digress as you inspect further, looking into the cell. Inside of the shop is a mare with a dark orchid coat with a long, pink, braided mane. She has many different necklaces hanging around her neck, and a couple bracelets on her hooves as well. She notices you looking around and looks into your eyes with a bright blue pair of her own.
>Hi! How can I help you today?
“Well, let's see what you have in stock first.”
>Sure, sounds good.
She trots to the back of her cell and nabs a small medical kit, along with another, much larger one. She looks over at you and smiles.
>So, here's the deal. 100 bits for the small one, 300 for the larger one.
Geez. You guessed the price would be steep, but not nearly as much as this...
Misty talks to the mare in an uncomfortable voice.
>Well...we may or may not've left our bits at home.
She gives Misty one of the most condescending “I'm mad at you but I'm desperately trying to stay nice” looks you've ever seen.
>What are you here for, then? Why would you even think of walking up to this stall?
>B-Because we were wondering if possibly we could try to trade you something.
>And what could you possibly have to offer me?
>>
>>28758291
I don't know, miss. We're just browsing around.

Ask Misty if it's a good idea to ask Pete (that was his name, right?) if we can ask some supplies from him.
>>
>>28758369
“Miss, we were really just browsing around. Can you give us a moment?”
>Fine, do whatever.
That fake smile fades from her face as she look off to nowhere in particular, her necklaces clicking. You walk a little ways away from the store and talk to Misty.
>Well she's a bi-
You hold a hoof over her mouth and shush her.
“She might still hear us, keep it down.”
>Fine.
She lowers her voice to a whisper.
>She's a bitch.
“That's better. I agree.”
>Now, what do you think we should do? She looks like the type who wants nothing but money. Not the type to be interested in old trinkets and crystals.
“Not sure. Do you think Peter would let us borrow some of his supplies?”
>He probably would, but then again he might want something in return... again.
>>
>>28758545
She also seems fond of necklaces.
>>
>>28758545
Maybe he would understand since we're using it to try and restore power?
>>
>>28758605
>>28758707
“I suppose you're right... maybe he'd understand since we're trying to use it to help us restore power?”
>Maybe. But even Peter isn't as sane as he looks. So it really depends.
You look back to the mare, and something clicks inside your head. You turn back to Misty.
“Do you see the amount of necklaces around that mare's neck? She loves em!”
>Yeah, but I don't see what that has to do with-
The thought clicks inside of her head as well.
>Ohhh... That's your excellent luck at work again, huh?
“Either that or just a really crazy coincidence. But hey, what does it matter. Wanna try it?”
>What's the worst that could happen? Still, your choice if you wanna go with Pete's idea.
>>
>>28758771
Lets see if we can get the large one with it.
>>
>>28758771
Could we get a list of our inventory?
>>
>>28758798
“Let's see if we can at least get the large one. Might as well get our trinket's worth, right?”
>Because ponies use that phrase. Totally not unnatural sounding at all.
“Oh, just come on.”
You get up from your chair and walk up to the bored mare.
“So I found something you may like.”
You pull out the necklace and hold it in front of her.
>If it isn't a bag full of bit's I doubt i-
Her eyes widen with pure, unaltered excitement.
>Th-That's a...
She shakes her head and puts a sterner face on.
>That's a necklace I have been looking to acquire for a very long time.
“Is it, now? What would you be willing to sell for it?”
>W-Well, I mean, I could probably give you that small medical kit...
“Small? Maybe this necklace could be put to better use elsewhe-”
>Alright, alright, fine! I'll give you the large one, it's a bit clunky but it should last you for long enough. If you can have it strapped to your armor or something that probably works. Deal?
“Hmmmm... I suppose I could spare it.”
You hand over the necklace and she instantly goes to the back of her cell to store it in a chest at the back. If she has so much on her neck who knows how many she has in that chest. She hurries back and gives you the medical kit, which you take with a smile.
“Thanks for the trade, miss.”
>Hmph.
You walk back to Misty and give her a smile.
>That was easy, huh?
“Yup. Looks like she had quite the thing for that necklace. Now, let's get this secured onto ya.”
Taking a look at the leather armor she has on, find a belt, which you wrap around the handle to the kit, which you then wrap around her body, securing it in place. You make sure she doesn't feel uncomfortable before continuing on.”

>>28758920
Black/Red Crystal, Normal Head Light, Dark-Lensed head light, Medkit, Alchest Sword, Suit of Alchest Armor, Suit of Leather Armor, Etcher Pistol, Small Bag of Pistol Ammo (uncounted amount)
>>
>>28758982
>Small Bag of Pistol Ammo (uncounted amount)
Always keep track of your ammo, unless that's your way of saying it's unlimited.
>>
>>28759026
“Oh, and by the way Misty, do you have your ammo counted?”
>I... I don't actually. I should probably do that, huh?
“Might be a good idea so we don't end up running out when we need em.”
>Yeah, alright, give me a second.
Retrieving the pouch from the saddlebag and looking it over, she begins to count for a minute before putting them back.
>Alright, so unless I'm wrong, we should have about 24 crystals. Let's hope we won't have to use too many of them.
“We can only hope, right?”
>Mhmm. So, are you ready to head down there yet? I know neither of us really want to, but it's got to be done...
>>
>>28759079
I can't think of anything else to get distracted by, so lets go.
>>
>>28759079
Reasy as can be.
>>
>>28759106
>>28759218

[1/2]

I can't think of much else to distract ourselves from the basement, so... I suppose we head out.
>Here's your food, sir!
>Thank you.
You look back behind you and see a smiling stallion sitting at a table, a waitress standing next to him. The stallion has a bowl covered by some kind of cloth in front of him. He pulls off the cloth and looks into his bowl. From your position it looks like some kind of meaty chili. You're about to turn back when you notice that his face is now completely void of happiness. His body is frozen. He intently stares at the bowl of food on his table. His eyes don't dare stray away from it. You notice tears start to fall down his face before he begins to vomit and wail out in anguish, falling out of his chair and wriggling on the floor. You and Misty both look with shocked expressions as the broken stallion tries his best to get up on his knees. He's crying so much. Looking at the waitress with a glare of death, he utters this as his voice cracks.
>Never. Feed me. This. Again.
He runs off in a rage, crying his eyes out as he runs to the other end of the room.
Misty looks at you with a mortified expression.
The entire room is dead silent.
>What on earth was that?!
“M...Maybe it's best not to get involved?”
>Maybe. Let's just go.
“Sounds great.”
You both gather up your things and take your trip back to the basement as the bazaar regains the noise level it once had. You make it to the metal flight of stairs and feel dread fall upon you. “Well, I guess we're doing this...” You think to yourself. Misty rests a hoof on your shoulder, looking at you with a reassuring gaze. Taking the key to the door bar and unlocking it, you watch as the chains fall to the floor before putting the key back into your saddlebag. You equip your flashlights and lift the bar door. Opening the giant metal entrance, you take a step inside.
>>
>>28759298

[2/2]

The heat that leaks out of the door once you open it is overwhelming. You almost feel out of breath for a while before you fully step in. What lies before you is a long hallway dimly lit in a red haze of emergency lights. To your left is a large, empty bulletin board with four tacks in each corner. Perhaps there was a map there at some point. It's gone now, though... You look to the end of the hallway and see a large metal door at the end, however there are two other hallways to your left and right. You walk up and look down both. The one to the left has a sign above it that says “Medical Ward”, the other has a broken sign that fell off of the ceiling. That one has the word “Maintenance” on it. Straight ahead seems to be unmarked as far as you can see.
Misty breathes a little faster than normally by your side.
>>
>>28759314
Let's to towards maintenance.
>>
>>28759298
wtf

>>28759314
To maintenance.
>>
>>28759348
>>28759362
“Maintenance... That's gotta be where the generators are.”
Cautiously trotting softly down the hallway, you notice an emergency light behind you flicker. You pay no mind to it, however. It's noting if not expected of the integrity of this basement. Who knows how long this place could've been abandoned for? In any case, you slowly open the door to see nothing but darkness before you. Remembering your headlight, you flick yours on, revealing the place to be a relatively small, rusted room. At this point, Misty turns her light on as well. It's just a little bit darker than yours, but it seems to reach quite a bit further into the darkness. There's a large dark rectangular shape in the middle of the room's floor that seems to be made out of a different kind of metal. You walk on top of it and the sound of your hooves on it makes a reverberant metal sound. Before examining it, you find a small desk at the side of the room that you investigate. The desk is clean, and only has one drawer which you open and look inside. You find a barely readable piece of paper that says the following:
“The machine rooms has completely flooded, however the generators still seem to work. Some sort of pipeline indecent. The recommended course of action would be to drain the flooded water from the room. The system is fully capable of automating this, but requires an approval code from the administration. As does many functions. Please pass on this note to the head administrator when you see them. If your access is denied, there is a manual drainage switch in the furthermost room in the engine rooms. Use extreme caution if this is the route you have chosen to take.
>>
>>28759582
Oh fuck, please don't tell me we're dealing with another one of those water monsters.
>>
>>28759582
Seems like that's how we're going to do this. Petey wouldn't have us down here if it was that easy. Let's look down the other hallway now.
>>
>>28759651
>>28759760
“Oh shit.”
>What is it?
“The machine rooms are flooded, and the manual switch is in the furthest room in it.”
You sigh.
“We might have to deal with one of those things again.”
>Well... maybe not! I mean, the water only got contaminated recently, right? And who knows how long the water here has been around.
She pauses.
>Then again... there is a chance that the water got infected anyway, because who knows what powers Pitchurst has up it's sleeves. So I guess there's only one way to find out.
“Do we want to find out?”
>Do we have a choice?
You pause.
“Yeah, we do. Apparently there's an approval code that can get rid of the water remotely.”
>Does that work?
“Who knows, maybe the facility doesn't have enough power to do it or something. Though that seems useless if you needed power for something that's supposed to get the power back on.”
>Right. Well, should we go to the medical wing now, or the other unmarked door? Maybe that's the administration.
“Do you think it'd have the code just right there for us?”
>Don't know. Maybe not. Only one way to find out though. So, you're the leader here, medical wing or the unmarked way? Or, we look around this room and find out why the floor sounds hollow.
>>
>>28759830
Lets try medical next.
>>
>>28759830
Me? The leader? We're in some trouble if that's the case. Let's check medical. Don't want to miss anything.
>>
>>28760026
>>28760130
“Oh no, I'm the leader? We're in some deep trouble if I'm in any sort of position of power.”
>Don't sell yourself short Chancy, you're fine.
You were about to comment on how much of a leader you aren't, along with “Chancy”, but you decide there's better times to bring that up than now.
“Let's try to go to the medical wing next. Maybe there's something there that'll help us there.”
>Lead the way!
Exiting the room and going straight to the medical wing's door, you start to open it before you begin to feel...odd. A woozy type of feeling. Almost nauseous.
“Hey...you feel that?”
>Huh?
“I feel kind of bad. Are you alright?”
>Yeah, I'm fine.
“Hmm. Maybe it'll pass.”
Deciding to try to ignore it, you open the door to the medical wing. The entire place looks like one big hallway, with multiple red emergency lights blinking and, sometimes failing altogether. You begin to walk through the halls, seeing that the majority of the rooms are completely boarded up. The redness, the flickering, the heat, it was all getting worse, and weighing even more on your mind and body. You make it to the end of the hallway and open the door at the end to see a large flight of stairs, along with an elevator. Of course the flight of stairs doesn't dare go upward. Only downhill from here. There's more rooms in the hallway you just passed through that weren't boarded up, but none of them seemed too important as, say, a head doctor's office would.
>>
>>28760271
Was there a head doctor's office? Ask Misty if she's having any problem with the heat or the lights.
>>
>>28760271
We should check to rooms. VERY cautiously.
>>
>>28760308
>>28760415
You don't remember seeing a head doctor's office on this floor, but you reckon there must be on one of these floors. Hopefully there's something that will help you get to the generators quicker. Though perhaps this feeling you have might be worse downstairs. You're not sure.
“Misty?”
>Yeah?
“Are you having any problems with heat or the lights flickering?”
>Yeah, it's really hot in here. I'm sure we can both see quite well that the lights here aren't in the best condition, why do-
She pauses. You listen intently and hear something...odd. Some kind of high pitched noise. You think it may have came from a pony, but you really aren't sure. Is there really any way a pony could've survived down there?
“Let's search the rooms up here first. Be really careful though. Seriously.”
>Yeah, I know Chance.
“Alright, just making sure.”
A safe return back home being a number one priority, you didn't want anything bad to happen to her.
You can't let her get hurt again.
Walking up to one of the doors left unblocked, you slowly open the room closest to the stairs. The first out of 3 total doors to check. You peek your head in and see nothing but a leaking IV bag inside. The stand for the IV bag is lodged halfway into the wall of the room.
>>
>>28760544
Something happened here.
>>
>>28760544
Alrighty then. Let's check the next one.
>>
>>28760574
>>28760634
You decide you would rather not deal with that room at the moment and decide to check the next one. Walking to the other door, and opening it about as slowly as the other one. As soon as that door opens, you feel a sense of dread overwhelm you. It's not the single medical bed in the middle of the room. It certainly isn't the room itself. It's the black, dripping hole in the ceiling. You only have seconds to react after you see a rusted, slim, pointed metal leg reach down from the hole. Don't slam the door, no, that'd make too much noise. No, you do nothing more but turn off your headlight. You're now gazing into complete darkness as you hear metallic scraping and squealing coming from the room. After a few seconds the noises stop. Promptly, you turn your flashlight back on.
The bed is gone.
As is your will to stay any longer in this basement.

And with that I am done. Don't bump, you will not want me to run the day after tomorrow. Trust me. I actually really enjoyed this session, more so than I have been lately. All I hope is that you enjoyed it too. So thanks for playing, and I apologize for the lack of consistent updates.
>>
>>28760798
Always a joy to play, Numb.
>>
>>28760890
god i hope so
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.