[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /mlp feel about Fallout Equestria? Pic related.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

How does /mlp feel about Fallout Equestria?

Pic related.
>>
It's shit. Next stupid question?
>>
>>28752283
I never played Fallout, so never knew what was up with that.
>>
File: PIP_NO_0.png (424KB, 1441x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PIP_NO_0.png
424KB, 1441x1000px
There's a perma general on the board so some people like it. Generally though its hated, either righfully so, or just because they hate big fan fiction in general

/thread
>>
>>28752291
actually that sounds rude. i'm sorry OP. but it's bad.
>>
I love it.
it's one of my favourite book, and I've read a lot of books
>>
>>28752308
How about the sidefics? I only ask because I'm going to be putting one up in november and I'm looking for free advertising.
>>
>>28752315
pink eyes is my favourite sidefic
there are also project horizon (that I'm currently reading), murky number 7 and we're no heroes to mention
>>
>>28752368
I'm setting myself up by naming it Failure.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG WITH A TITLE LIKE THAT?

But in all reality, I asked Somber's editors and Somber himself for some assistance and approval on it. So if you liked PH (minus length) you'll probably like it. Problem is, it's a type of self insert fic. It's based (almost) entirely around my life. Might be interesting, might be a flop.
>>
>>28752397
Somber and PH is actually (rightfully) hated on the /foe/ general here, so if anything taking advice from him will ensure your story flops.
>>
>>28752397
>>28752406
this guy it's not wrong, I know that ph is a thorny subject (and I still don't know why, but I'm barely at 1/4 of the book and I'm reading Freud's works at the moment so I will not continue it soon) and you should check with other writers
>>
>>28752406
On here, Reddit seems to like it. Besides, I'm also not Somber, there's also no coming back from the dead in mine. I'm also going to try to keep it shorter than PH, which shouldnt be too hard.

What are the usual complaints with PH?
>>
ive read it and all the big sidefics.

its not very good. the writers magical realm pops up unannounced too often, and the main character is a weak, no-clue idiot who likes to brag all the time about how gay she is. gay mares are always nice but the "oh fuck how gay i am look at me im so gay" ruins it and kinda makes it hard to take anything thats happening seriously.
all the other characters save for steely and homage are shit too.
the story progresses choppily, and there are many hooks that dont make sense at all.
and lets face it, the whole thing would be so much better if it wasnt trying so hard to be a fucking video game.

generally if youre looking for some good readin', go for past sins or background pony. at least those are my two favorites.
>>
>>28752463
Well, thanks for the advice.
No magical realm planned.
Main character is in a straight relationship at the start
Can't garuntee that my characters are going to not be shit.
Hoping mine makes sense.
I'm not trying to write it like a video game.

The thing I'm most worried about is that its effectively based off of my life. Like, events and characters are based off of event's and people I know that have changed my life.

Guess I'm off to a good start?
Could be trash, could be good.
>>
>>28752283
The original feels like it was supposed to be a one-shot fic but then the author decided to just keep going. It's alright if you perceive it exclusively as an adventure fic, because many scenes simply don't convey the emotions they are supposed to convey - like when Velvet lost her leg. Horizons started ridiculously but the scenes were legit badass, however it all went downhill after Hightower, too much anime and produced an epitome of bad cliches - black and red cyber alicorn. Pink eyes is alright but it's all basically a set up for the final scene that was obvious from the very beginning. Heroes got all good ingredients from the Horizons but started being very meh when the author decided to make it "deeper". Somewhere around Dice if I recall correctly. MN7 - after you tolerate the misery of the first chapters it starts getting really, REALLY good and intense, it has some of the hardest suspences and twists I have ever encountered in fiction(not just horse fiction). Never tried other side fics.
>>
>>28752567
I mean, I don't feel like it's going to have an anime-esque feel to it, being that I'm basing everything off of my real life. (Obviously not exactly my life but characters, villains and certain events) and pulling from more classical literature such as Frankenstein.

I'm going to be really disappointed if it does come off that way though.
>>
>>28752593
Well, if you want my opinion, and are looking for an inspiration, I suggest you to look up not the other Fallout related stuff, but LISA The Painful RPG instead, I feel like this kind of plot is underrepresented. Post-apocalyptic as well, but relatively soon after the event, people deal with it by abolishing their past and living the dream, however ridiculous it might be, lots of black humor, hard sacrifices with no good outcome are everywhere, the decisions get harder each time and in the end you realize that what you've been the villain all along.
>>
>>28752427
Come on, it was shit before she "died" and was turned into a metal alicorn, but then it created its own level of bad.
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>28752283
WE
>>
>>28752427
Oh yeah this, LISA was great. I'd love to read a story with the same sort of feel
>>
>>28752845
I'll give it a read when I'm not writing. Problem is, I've already promised a november 20th drop date. And I'm still barely breaking the third page.
>>
>>28752784
>>28752784
I'm less looking for an inspiration, more looking for areas to improve upon. I'm not going to be pandering to 4chan or anyone, but if I can cut out what would be glaring faults, then it'll be an improvement.
>>
>>28752315
Holy shit, kill yourself

>not your personal shills
>>
>>28752427
>reddit
>>
>>28752969
Never said you were. I'm doing the promotion myself using no cost means. 4chan is free to use.
>>
>>28752304
I agree with yo, but you /thread-ed your own post, and didn't even go to the effort of samefagging, so fuck you.
>>
File: Pepe power punch.jpg (62KB, 840x544px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe power punch.jpg
62KB, 840x544px
>>28752283
Die.

>>28752304
Wrong.
>>
>>28752283
I owe my writing career to it.
>>
>>28752839
WUZ
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.