[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Content Creator Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 445
Thread images: 111

File: Screenshot_58.png (186KB, 1918x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_58.png
186KB, 1918x1015px
Thread dedicated to all content creators, share your work of of pony of any kind. Music, drawing, animations, PMVs, vidiya. Share your work with us and feel free to discuss your experiences.

We had an additional month break, since last time it the thread seemed to agree that it would be better, let's see how that will go.
>>
File: night walker.png (1MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
night walker.png
1MB, 2550x3300px
for a story I'm writing
>>
OP here, I will share some stuff I worked on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1PYyLtKLjQ

This one took the most out of my time. Tried to capture the song best to my abilities, little hard on the eyes though, I may have gone too far in some places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ScbkZn3bcY

Just older PMV which I wasn't happy with, I thought the song asked for some more messed up and messy visuals.

I do think I managede to improve the original video nicely, I would like to avoid improving older videos and just make new stuff, it's easy to fill the channel with that stuff,

I'd like to avoid that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X7nCQFH7wg

Got off my ass and actually finished this, originally I just cut up the original song from five minutes to three minutes, leaving in there just the chorus.

I am also working on another PMV that is much bigger than these three, it is taking time though, alreadly worked good one or two months on it or-so.

While big PMV like this is going on I am uneassy about keeping the channel alive, I hate making it innactive, yet keeping it active even with one video a week can be quite hard, at least for me. Due to the fact that some videos just take more time, at least for me.

So, that is all from me from these two months, wished I could have done much more overall. I have also like 4 other projects I had going but never finished since I got distracted with other projects, something that has been happening to me too much recently. Well, it may be good to look at them in the future, I need to stay focused now, something I had problem with recently.

>>28743711
That looks really good, can you give us more info about your story? That is unless if it's a surprise of course.
>>
>>28743758
http://pastebin.com/cNpYZnpr Story

http://himbley-dimbley-blog-blog.tumblr.com/ Illustrations
>>
Is anyone working on a pony video game or at least a demo to put on kickstarter?
>>
File: cool_story.png (219KB, 506x586px) Image search: [Google]
cool_story.png
219KB, 506x586px
I'm not much of a content creator, but many of the people in this fandom have inspired me to get off my lazy ass and at least attempt to do something productive with my time other than lurking and masturbating, that being trying to get good at drawing.
So thanks for that guys.
>>
>>28743702
The last time I saw one of these threads I hadn't made a video in ages. I still haven't made a video since that thread. ;_;

I get to the script writing phase, forget about it and by the time I come back to write it think it's not really important anymore.

Working on a cancer review of the s6 finale, because it was one of the few episodes of this season I actually liked. I have a whole bit written about the Changelings for the end of the review but don't really know where else to go for the rest of the video.
>>
>>28744194
Glad to hear that you got motivated, I never got myself motivated enough for drawing, I out of energy too much recently to try anything new so I just stick to my videos.

>>28744242
Looking forward towards tthe review of S6, I liked it, have very mixed feelings about the change of changelings though. There is a lot to talk about that there
>>
>>28743702
It's a bit early for this thread
>>
>>28744329
As in by time or just should have been posted days later?
>>
>>28744342
It's usually posted at the first of the month
>>
>>28743702
Ayyy is it already that time of the month?

Nothing really new with us.

We signed a small contract with the Crebers but it's nothing really notable.

Finally got around to making a formal portfolio. Pic related.

>>28743758
I like your video style. It's pretty unique and not overdone.

What has everyone else been been working on?
>>
File: image.png (137KB, 986x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
137KB, 986x576px
>>28744444
Wew buddy, might wanna check those numerals.
>>
>>28744444
I hope those nice digits get a special place in your portfolio
>>
File: 1391872664001.png (488KB, 853x673px)
1391872664001.png
488KB, 853x673px
>>28743702
I recently had a collab effort fall to pieces during the planning stage because both artists are either held up on frequent, long periods of being disconnected from the internet due to poorfaggotry and/or lack confidence in their skill to work on a bigger project.
Whose dick do I gotta suck to get some reliable cooperation going?
>>
>>28743702
why should I share?
I put hard work into my art and all you go is "meh"
yet I'll see scribbles of shit and you praise the fuck out of it
this is why I don't draw anymore
>>
>>28744670
You won't go that far with that attitude.
>>
>>28744681
if shit with no effort is praised, then why should I put effort into my work or do any for that matter?
it never amounts to anything for me but a "why the fuck is almost literal crap getting all the likes?" and frustration because of it
>>
File: shot_6.png (519KB, 1024x500px) Image search: [Google]
shot_6.png
519KB, 1024x500px
I made a really shitty phone game about the larson meme from 3 years ago. its on the google play store here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rocgazelle.LarsonSimulator
no iOS because apple people are cucks and I can't afford to export it.

It only took like a week or so to make and It was literally based around a meme so expect it to be kinda shitty.

I'm working on a hotel simulator game atm. I have nothing to show for it, I'm just working on AI systems. The hotel game is actually going to have some complexity to it as far as the fact that each customer will have random ranks for how well they clean their room and stuff like that.
>>
>>28744724
Dude, I felt the same way, sometimes I still do, but you shouldn't let it get into your head that much
>>
File: 827336.jpg (101KB, 554x439px)
827336.jpg
101KB, 554x439px
Drawfag here.
Still shit.

>>28744670
That might simply be because what you're drawing simply doesn't appeal to many people.
It's like the reason a doodle of, say, a corgi would appeal to more people than a good study: There are more people who like corgies, than people who can appreciate said study. The former is more "marketable," if you will.

Can't help you much with your frustration, though. I guess the only answer would be to stop giving a fuck and not let it get into you.
>>
>>28744783
Exactly this. As a guy who hasn't received as much attention or feedback from my work as I've wanted, eventually you will just have to accept it.
>>
>>28744765
I don't even get a simple "keep up the good work."
just a "meh" or "it's okay..."
how is that NOT discouraging?
it appealed to people because it was what they wanted

once I stop giving a fuck, it's when I lose even the passion to draw

so I'll simply just waste my talent away because it obviously won't be missed
I had gotten the urge to draw many times since the show began, but then I remember that people would do exactly what they do every time, even though my work is good, so I just didn't draw

I literally get no moral support from anyone, so why bother?
>>
File: 1468216846505.png (218KB, 360x614px) Image search: [Google]
1468216846505.png
218KB, 360x614px
>>28744856
Honestly I wish I was in your shoes in terms of feedback, at one point I worked super hard on one video and it got a lot of hate and dislikes just because YouTube's system some how fucked up and it appeared next to related videos on a Game Grumps videos, their fanbase flied in, dislikes and hate comments everywhere.

Still pretty mad about that. Luckilly videos right after that got more positive feedback and even more views than usual.

You have nothing to lose by posting in this thread though, deep inside I know part of you wants to. Sometimes that kind of feedback you want comes really late, it sucks, but when it happens it's so worth it.
>>
>>28744856
show us your work anon, i'm very curious now ( and if you don't show it now i can only assume you're a shit)
Really though, as a doodler myself it's not uncommon to just get no attention for something you loved doing. yeah it can be disheartening, but you're blaming other people for you own confidence problems.
The sad fact is a lot of times we think we're better than we are, that's why we draw more to get better.
The way you're putting it just makes it sound like you want to draw to get your dick sucked, and that just isn't a viable reality for the vast majority of artists.
>>
>>28744856
Care to link some of your work ? This thread is partially made so artists can get more insightful feedback.

Also, if you got those reaction on /mlp/ it is kinda expected. Anons don't comment on stuff that is just "good", they only post about the "bad" or the "awesomely good". If you got those reaction on Derpibooru however ...
>>
I've felt like such a whore since I opened commissions, but I had to because of real life shit hitting the fan.
The biggest problem is that I didn't do commissions for years so now all the people who having been aching for me to draw their OCs and fetishes are flooding my inboxes.
It is a true nightmare.
>>
>>28744927
>>28744947
fine
>>28740536
I did get a couple of decent replies

I'm also venting from other issues, but I still stand that the main reason why I hadn't drawn in years is because people would just tell me it's bad (back then it was to my face) and I would never get any constructive criticism out of them
how am I to improve when no one tells me what's bad?
I loved to draw, till then

this was the one that set me off >>28741439
maybe I just need to get used to it again, it has been years
I just think I did a great job for someone who hadn't drawn in a decade and able to do it with little to no sketching
I could even finish the pic and add really good shading with colored pencils

sorry for being an attention whore, I just needed to get this off my chest and this seemed to be the best place to do so
>>
>>28745069
It's fine dude, listening to other's people criticism especially if you don't understand it or agree with it can be very annoying especially if you know you've put a lot of work into the thing you've made.

It's ok to vent, being a content creator especially if you are passionate can be frustrating as fuck.
>>
>>28745069
>>28745130

I also forgot to add; I really like your drawing, keep it up! It is very appealing and arousing to look at.
>>
>>28743994
I was working on a horse game for a while. I've been thinking of going back and finishing it, but the codebase I left behind is so awful.
>>
>>28745130
This, but. Be sure you don't fall into the trap of ignoring or rejecting criticism or becoming over sensitive to it. A lot of content creators seem to do this and it destroys credibility and often progress.
I know it may be rude or a faux pas to say "buck up", but it really does help to develop a thicker skin. You'll feel better and it's generally a good thing to have when you're throwing your work out there.
Just a word to the wise is all, good luck with your progress and don't be discouraged dude.
>>
>>28745164
It's all about finding a nice balance. It can be hadr to tell apart assholes from harhs yet honest and useful criticisms.
>>
>>28745130
>>28745140
thx!
I don't mind the criticism, but when they can't tell me why they think it's shit, that is what pisses me off

my main problem with my works is that I can't translate what's in my head onto paper without a template (if that makes sense)
as in, I need a reference pic to get it started
I suck (ironically) at doing simple sketches
I can easily add details and improve on a pic, no problem

basically, if I can see it, I can draw it

>>28745164
I agree, I need a thicker skin, so I'll try to work on that

I think I will finish that pic soon (I'll even post it)
I did buy the sketch book I drew it in over 5 years ago, so it's finally going to fulfill it's destiny
>>
>>28745257
I also hate it when criticism isn't constructive. Why say anything at all?

I also seriously hate it when people get mad after I give them exactly what they asked for.
I've had this happen several times, where I take a request or a commission and I try to convince them to give me more artistic freedom. But instead they ignore that and demand that I draw exactly what they are picturing in their heads.
This is impossible of course, but they still get mad when their expectation isn't met. And I wind up drawing something shitty that I don't enjoy drawing, because I have to conform too much and have no leeway to do things my way.
>>
>>28745294
The thing that hurts the most is when you realize that material from you that people like the most is the one that you tend to hate the most or put the least amount of love into, or in your eyes has the least substance.
>>
>>28745069
Ok, can't judge much with only one sample but :
1) No inking, no coloring, no shading. Not sure why, but even badly drawn colored art get a LOT more attention than good drawing left on paper.
2) The mouth feel weird, it should be a few centimeter lower : right now it give her a very goofy face - which is sad because the rest is correctly drawn.
3) You have no style. Not saying that in a wannabe-hipster way, but there is nothing in your drawing that would immediately make think "eh, that something from Anon#15986 !". It's ... normal. And normal stuff rarely create enthusiasm.

So TLDR : learn to ink, color and shade (I may have some tutorial underhand if you have no clue how to do it) and try to distance yourself from "default drawing style".
Or you can tell me to fuck off with my terrible advice and do whatever you want : don't give too much value to what random strangers on the net say - the more important thing is to do what YOU feel is right.
>>
>>28745294
>no leeway to do things my way.
Ehhhh, dude when someone's paying you money to draw something for them i think it's fair for them to get what they had in mind.
That being said i don't know the circumstances of your situation so i can't say, but if this is a reoccurring problem, then dude, you might try looking at what you could be doing wrong instead of faulting them.
I'm not trying to shit on you, i'm just trying help people reach a level of understanding.
>>
>>28745340
>[Deleted] in under a minute
Didn't look all that red to me
>>
>>28744563
A lot of it is hit and miss with collabs. You gotta keep trying and whenever you find someone who works great, do whatever you can to keep working with them.

I know this isn't a good tactic for most people but I found that as soon as I came across someone who is great to work with in a collab, I paid them and treated them like a friend. That not only builds a good reputation but makes you attractive for other content creators. Eventually people will start coming to you for work and sometimes just a place in the credits.
>>
>>28744760
Ha

I always like one-shot development projects like these.

Reason being is because I find programming incredibly difficult having taken several courses on it myself. But it still amazes me to find people who literally do it for fun.

Keep it up mate. Build that portfolio with everything you got. Software development was the number one job in America for like 5 years straight now.
>>
>>28745597
>Reason being is because I find programming incredibly difficult having taken several courses on it myself. But it still amazes me to find people who literally do it for fun.
I think the same thing of artists, I couldn't draw or compose something to save my life, but I sure respect the people that can.
>>
>>28743702
Thanks to the last thread I discovered DWK who's top tier

My contribution in this fandom is simply doing digital art, i've been drawing/painting ponies since 2011. Sometimes i go in the drawthread and take some /r/. I have also with a little team an upcoming video project in progress...
imalou.deviantart.com
>>
>>28745069
I am a small voice in this perspective but drawing was never and has never been my forte. And probably never will be because I am not geared that way.

I once did a ministry at a private Christian Chinese school in Chinatown of Chicago a few years back. When I was there the kids loved me despite their poor English. They wanted to do everything with me. And I would make every attempt to make them happy while I was there. Because living in Chicago sucks. One day they asked me to draw for them. I can't draw for shit. I think the best thing I can draw is a hippo. So they asked me to do that and I drew a lot of hippos and elephants. They loved them but they got bored. So they asked for a Cheetah. Not wanting to disappoint these cute kids I did the best I could. It was awful. But guess what. The little girl I gave it to smiled so deep out of joy. I made her day with a drawing some could do closing their eyes using their broken left hand. Soon more kids asked for a cheetah. And I drew a lot of abominations but they didn't care. All they saw was an older adult cared for and wasn't a racist. Some saw a bigger brother. Some saw the Father that they could have had although many didn't. All over a stupid cheetah.

My man, my point is you might think your talent sucks but I guarantee it will be of great use one day. If some sloppy drawing like mine made a child's week imagine how a well detailed and sketched out drawing would be to them.

So don't let the critics bring you down. God gave you a gift and you are going to use it.
>>
File: 1460342602023.jpg (94KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1460342602023.jpg
94KB, 601x508px
There seems to be a general feeling that we don't have enough content creators and last thread someone mentioned that nobody has an excuse to not create something.

So I thought maybe we all could share how to get into the specific craft.
Links/tools(freeware prefered)/guides how to start and how to advance and so forth.
Despite me being garbage and not getting anthing done (pic related) I'll start.

>Writefagging:
I prefer a basic tool like text editor to write because it's clear and has no distractions, and LibreOffice to spellcheck, proofread and such.
Here are a few links I found helpful:
http://eznguide.neocities.org/
http://pastebin.com/V1ujiyJt
http://pastebin.com/bnMmZ2T3
http://pastebin.com/g4VpEg4f
Here are a few phrases you can look up:
adverbial tags, talking heads, sdt, stilting, adverbs, redundancies,
Lavender unciorn syndrome, passive and active voice, purple prose, time bending, and mary-sue.
And the most important thing is to read a lot.
Check out writefags guild and ask for feedback when you write. But always take the featback with a grain of salt.

>Drawfagging:
Freeware tools are Paint tool SAI, Krita among others.
Here are two links that proved really helpfull:
http://mlpg.co/art/res/23.html
http://drawabox.com/lesson/1
You can look up guides on youtube, there are hundreds of them or go and lurk on /ic/ they got a beginners thread with many useful links aswell as the links in /drawthread/.
You can browse Derpiboruu to look pictures up.
What proved to be an amazing help is to get into contact with other drawfags and talk about the topic, ask for advice and such. (This may be a good advice for everything you try yourself at.)
There is a website called picarto where you can watch artists stream, and interact with like in twich.

I hope someone finds this helpful.
Please feel free to correct me or add something or give advice on how to get into a different creative endeavour.
>>
>>28744444
Nice get
>>
bum
>>
>>28743702
I was working on a videogame, something like zelda on the game boy.
But I fucked my life to the point than I can't even find some hours to program / do the graphics...

Sometime though, I color pictures in drawthreads and mess with sound on vocaroo threads.

And I really enjoy all the content creator downhere, it's really a delight to see what people can do with this show.
Keep going !

>>28744444
Chacked.
>>
bump for content
>>
File: SS.png (2MB, 960x718px)
SS.png
2MB, 960x718px
Been working on this in RPG Maker. Basically before I jump in into my own project I wanted to start off easy with a fan game to test out the new systems and get more experience.
I've pretty much copied Fallout 2 system with their stats, skills and formulas as a base minus the dice roll gameplay since RPG maker doesn't normally support it but I've made due with free plugins.
It's pretty much >no hooves because of the assets I'm using only allows it but that's okay because I had something in mind.
I was hoping to have some sort of little demo ready in a week or so but it's taken longer.
>>
Still working on Everfree Outpost.

I hardly got anything done on it last month, but this month I've been reworking some of the client-side rendering code so I can remove some complexity from the server, and also working on a completely new terrain generation system for the forest.

I'll post a screenshot in a day or two once I've got the new rendering code working right.
>>
>>28745327
Let me start off by saying most people are happy with what I draw them and I always make sure to include what was specifically asked for.
That being said, I can't read minds.
I also don't understand why you'd contract an artist to draw you something, then tell the artist they cannot be artistic about it, instead they must draw only exactly what they are picturing.
And as I said before, I can't read minds, so a complex description that tells very little winds up being fix after fix after fix. Then it looks unnatural and crap and I'm doing overtime without compensation, while spending so much time on one piece that it makes me resent drawing at all.
>>
don't die yet
>>
Any one have a problem that you got in a middle of your project in terms of progress, so you got pretty far but suddenly you get another idea for another project so you start a new one, and then same things happens again and again?
>>
>>28749564
My problem is I start getting a great idea for a project, and halfway through I decide that it's actually worthless and I lose all motivation.
>>
>>28745257
>my main problem with my works is that I can't translate what's in my head onto paper without a template (if that makes sense)
Sounds like you need Loomis Anon,
I was in the same track as well and the solution is construction, Loomis has written many books on drawing you should start with Fun With a Pencil.
Id recommend heading over to /ic/ and reading the sticky there.
desu i barely started Loomis's book before giving up and going back to ponies, oh well
oh and his books are available online for free
>>
>>28745796
It would be nice to have a gamedev section but I don't know where to find good resources for people just starting out. /agdg/ does have some advice on tools and engines to use:
http://tools.aggydaggy.com/engines.html
http://tools.aggydaggy.com/tools.html
But these seem more useful for people who already know the basics.
>>
>>28750329
If anyone has questions on how to make games, I'll be happy to help.

The first step is probably to learn a programming language to get used to the programming mindset.
Or if you want to go the easy way just install a big engine (Unity, etc.) or a Game Maker and start playing around.
>>
>>28750362
Programming is probably one of the hardest things to jump right into. It's mostly formatting and what functions do what that most beginners have difficulty with

I have been using GameMaker for 8 years now. It gets the job done and fast. It's made for 2d games but can handle 3d if you know what your doing. GM uses a language called GML which is like Java or PHP.

I wouldn't call it the do all software, but it's about the game, not the engine. Nobody gives a fuck if you used unity or unreal, if you have a battletoads quality game people will hate it regardless of the engine.
>>
>>28750455
is this fagot:
>>28744760
>>
File: WtH_2.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WtH_2.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>28750455
I'm also working on this, so ya, gamemaker can handle 3d just fine if you know what you are doing.
>>
Is anyone interested in the discord or should I just kill it? It's not being used much and /mlp/ doesn't have many content creators let alone those who wish to post in this thread.
>>
>>28750737
I don't get the point of the discord chat tbqh.
>>
>>28750737
It's pretty dead. I use it every once in a while by posting my work for criticism. I do it on the /mlp/ server because I know you they won't be cucks and say it's good just because the show is about "friendship and kindness" if it's bad work, you guys will say it's shit
>>
bump for content
>>
>>28743994
https://twitter.com/EverFChronicles
still stuck trying to get a degree though.
rip
>kickstarter
nah mate it's free
>>
>>28750737
I think we should keep the discord, it'd be nice to have more activity though. I feel like everyone's hesitant to say anything, and people are busy with their real-life responsibilities over creating content right now
>>
>>28745654
Your work is top-tier lad, keep it up
>>
File: uvtest.jpg (259KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
uvtest.jpg
259KB, 1920x1080px
Hello. I'm working on a SFM to Unity conversion pipeline.
>>
>>28750737
What's the invite link?

Also, there's a #ponydev Discord at https://discord.gg/tYzz6gd
>>
>>28752001
https://discord.gg/GqgFxCF
>>
>>28749564
>>28749591

That happened to me back then. I was working on too many projects at once so I just slowly forgot about them and eventually stopped caring. Inspiration is a good thing, but overworking is not.
>>
>>28752165
I am just really stressed form not having any ideas or not progressing, so I try to push myself. Sometimes I progress very little which makes me unneasy, I'd like to progress each day, not just little but a lot. But I think that is unresonable of myself.
>>
File: discrepancy.jpg (270KB, 1920x1080px)
discrepancy.jpg
270KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>28751930
Like this : http://greygears.tumblr.com/post/144471997572, but fully automated ?
>>
>>28752300
Oh, yes, thanks to that anon who posted that tutorial here some time ago. It's what got me started.

Yes, like that, and at least mostly automated. The Blender part is a big unknown. I know it can be scripted with Python, but no idea how complicated the API is.
>>
There's one more Discord that may be of interest to people here: Game Dev League https://discord.gg/2TdVW
>>
>>28752371
holy fuck that server is the real deal. Who the hell has the time to set up a server like that?
>>
File: 1421558954136.jpg (450KB, 800x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1421558954136.jpg
450KB, 800x1600px
Ah yes, nice to see you again, CC Thread.
Currently working on a little video for the 4cc and because I've started fairly early I should even be able to have it ready for Winter, unless college literally kills me.
As for Discord, I've never used it and I'm not really planning to. I'm quite satisfied with just having a thread here every now and then.
>>
>>28752299
For the biggest size of pupils, I size those values in my materials :
> Left Eye :
Tiling 2 | -2
Offset 0.15 | 0
> Right Eye :
Tiling 2 | -2
Offset -0.15 | 0
>>
>>28752326
>I know it can be scripted with Python, but no idea how complicated the API is.
Looking at that guide, it seems like it's mainly invoking an import plugin, renaming a couple objects, and exporting again? I don't think that will be too bad. I'm pretty sure you can run any the import/export plugin programmatically just by calling the right function (the only trick is figuring out what it's called).
>>
File: Spook Spook.gif (540KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Spook Spook.gif
540KB, 720x480px
Flash animator here. I rarely make stuff, but I'm pretty proud of what I've made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg_PUhYiovo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTVwEzoOGmU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJgqp384s34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXLlQI0DLmk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWFbJdw3A0M
>>
>>28754048
Always find the most unexpected people on here. It really does seem like all roads lead to /mlp/ huh. At any rate good work mate, good stuff you've got
>>
this thread is trash desu
>>
File: 693.jpg (59KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
693.jpg
59KB, 500x456px
>>28754251
>>
File: and THIS.png (189KB, 555x412px) Image search: [Google]
and THIS.png
189KB, 555x412px
I made this for a thread I saw. It's nothing special, but it's mine.
https://vid.me/y8Z3
The corruption only showed up in vegas, not the video.
>>
What keeps you motovated?

For me it' many things, the feelings when the creation is done is god like.

And also expressing myself is a big part
>>
>>28753270
There are a few more things to do to make it foolproof. Not all Source models are set up exactly the same.
>>
>>28756255
When I get stuck and feel like I'm getting no where, i look back on past projects and seeing how far I have come
>>
File: 2016-10-28-forest.png (159KB, 1598x1198px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-28-forest.png
159KB, 1598x1198px
>>28747591
Structure sorting is working now, so here's that screenshot.

The new terrain generation system is still pretty basic. The main change right now is that it generates trees in clumps instead of scattering them around the map, but this already helps the forest seem more like a forest.

Next step is to add some rocks, plants, and additional trees to the clearings, so they won't look so empty.
>>
tfw no more nyx content creators
>>
>>28754048
Is it bad that I can recognize just from the eyes that it's from Madness Combat?
>>
>>28757158
Nope, that's a sharp eye you got there. Ripped it straight from jebus' head symbol
>>
Is anyone here from /biz/? Or a crypto trader who uses a different site?
>>
>>28757139
Can you woodcut your way through the trees or hide in them?
>>
Anyone here ever had reliable help for his projects? Did they do it 4 free or did you had to pay them in pizza?
>>
>>28751769
Hey aren't you... oh god yes the guy who wanted to make a tribute game inspired from story of the blanks.
If I had the money I'd give you a team to direct as you see fit. Having a bible of ideas written down, but no time to execute them is a painful experience for an artistic person.
>>
File: 2016-10-28-forest2.png (337KB, 1598x1198px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-28-forest2.png
337KB, 1598x1198px
>>28757470
Yes, both.

I'd also like to make treasure spawn in tiny clearing between the trees, along with some type of map to lead players to it. But that's a bit further off for now.
>>
>>28757474
I'm lucky to be good friends with a pony artist IRL, and that we both want the same thing, so we work together.
>>
>>28751769
The song in the vocaroo isn't working anymore. Can you post a more permanent link, please?
>>
>>28757556
>>28757698

Thanks man, I truly do appreciate that. It means a lot to me that people value my work and that they'll hopefully play it once it's finally done (even if I haven't really shown almost anything yet!). I work on projects of course because they're the things that I would love to see done in life, but having other people enjoy is a big part of it too.

Also, I can't say as far as content yet! I have my "bible" per-se but don't want to give away anything. I might hint to sotb here and there!

If you remember the SoTB HD game that got canned, well, it may not be dead just yet

I'll post the song on youtube either today or tomorrow, probably the whole thing since it's been a while since I released the preview.
>>
File: glimeyes.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px)
glimeyes.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
>>28753160
Close, but not cigar.
>>
>>28759405
>>
I wanna share some music I ended up never using. Should I upload them individually on Clyp or should I bundle them all in an archive?
>>
>>28751769
Hey, you're still around. I'm glad to see that.
I sent you an email a while back seeing how you were doing
>>
>>28760615
How many are there? Clyp.it if there's not several.
>>
>>28761125
A bit over 20, so I guess an archive would be better huh
>>
I make models for bosses in a ponified TF2 Freak Fortress server.
>pic related is my latest one, finished it about half an hour ago
>>
File: vsp_bosses.png (358KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
vsp_bosses.png
358KB, 1024x768px
>>28761159
here are my older models
>>
>>28761159
>>28761262
how to play?
put spike as soldier
>>
>>28761070
Just answered, turns out derpymail sent it to spam. '-.- Sorry bout that
>>
>>28761159
That's anthro.
>>
>>28762696
>dish bread
>>
>>28762792
>>
I feel like shit not working on my yet to be released comic project ive been working on for the past year or so that's related to my old thread/home PiE. Just last week or so i drew p0ne for what seemed like forever on my little phone with a shit stylus. Was thinking to make a whole tumblr with just using drawings i can make on my phone (to lazy to use traditional practices for a tumblr page).
>>
>>28762819
human shoulders
>>
>>28762850
Exactly. Thats what people want!
>>
>>28762869
She's in a human pose here, so it's sort of justified.
>>
>>28747279
There must be something more oprimized and better to work in than Game Maker's rpg sister.
>>
File: eyes.jpg (264KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.jpg
264KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>28763721
Time to go into
> s6_reference
> skinned_mesh_renderer
> blendshapes
And give them facial expression.

Too bad you aren't using the NSFW models, they have not less than 8 additional parameters to control anus dilatation and 12 parameters to control the marevag. You can make them wink with more precision than you can make them smile.
>>
>>28743702
I'm syncing our local dubbing to iTunes rips in Vegas and making torrent releases of it if that counts like content.
>>
>>28764400
What language?
>>
>>28763469
I don't see what's so wrong with RPG Maker. I played some pretty decent games on it
>>
>>28764832
Ukrainian
>>
File: 1471914874387.gif (1020KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1471914874387.gif
1020KB, 500x373px
When I see this thread I see I'm not alone in my troubles.

Any musik or PMV guys here?
I'm curios what on how you do the things you do and what tools you use.

>>28754048
Also I'd like to know more about your work too.
>>
>>28766151
>>
File: 2016-10-29-vault1.png (93KB, 1598x1198px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-29-vault1.png
93KB, 1598x1198px
Got vault placement working today. It's now possible to define custom structures (like this spawn area) that will be added to the map during terrain generation. Tree placement gets adjusted automatically so that the structure fits naturally with the rest of the forest.
>>
>>28766660
I've always done shit in the Adobe suite. Main editing in Premiere, text design/background edits in Photoshop, all the fancy layered stuff in After Effects. Adobe has that shit so damn well interconnected it's amazingly efficient once you get the hang of it. Import .psd into AE with all the layers and shit, save it as an .aep and import the composition into premiere to mix with the other clips. If something doesn't fit, rightclick the composition, open it in AE, edit, save, it updates automatically in premiere.
But you better download more RAM for all that. Even 16 GB can struggle after a while.
>>
>>28767903
You're alive! You're probably busy, but I'm hoping you'll have the servers open soon
>>
>>28766660
Music fag here, I use fl studio which is pretty much the standard for most digital artists. I generally use an assortment of kontakt libraries as well.
>>
File: Capture.png (400KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
400KB, 1920x1080px
>>28766660
>>>28754048
I work primarily in Adobe Flash, and for specific circumstance, After Effects. I got curious about flash 6 years ago now, but I've really been working on projects for about 4 years. Most of What I do is pretty off color, and since I started late in the fandom, all my stuff got buried. The only time my stuff really gets viewed is when I share it somewhere, like when I made a Twilight chocolate milk thread awhile back with her and luger which was a lot of fun. Also when Equestria daily picked up my Art of the Matress animation. Plus my stuff is pretty mediocre compared to what I see other people doing. I'd probably have more of a following if I actually worked on stuff more, since I'm the opitime of laziness. Hell, I'm still working on a sequel for my most popular/unpopular video. It's been 3 years since I've started and was probably only working on it for 30% of that time. Though I'm working on it now (see attached) and hope to finish by the spring. I do audio stuff in Audacity, but my best friend is an audio engineer who helps me out and does the mastering. If you listen to the animation "Can We Cuddle", he did all the audio work for that, and is the only reason why it sounds so great.

I have a whole notebook of ideas and scripts written down, I just lack the motivation. But when I put stuff out, and people enjoy it, it is the best fucking feeling.
>>
File: happyponk.png (490KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
happyponk.png
490KB, 1280x720px
>>28768220
>Can We Cuddle
Looked it up and had a good laugh. Needed that.
tfw people enjoy your stuff

>>28768032
Do you use hardware too? Midi boards, keyboards, and stuff or purely digital?
How did you start?

>>28767930
>>28768032
>>28768220
Thanks for the info guys. appreciate it a lot. =)
Going to look into it but I guess it is time to upgrade my PC.
>>
>>28767984
Server is up 24/7, you can play now if you want: http://play.everfree-outpost.com/
Though there's usually not many people online when there isn't a thread up
>>
>>28768396
I have an e. Guitar with guitar rig 5. I'm hoping to pick a midi keyboard this holiday though.
>>
So I finally got decent at drawing. Now I want to learn to animate. That's my end goal. Honestly, though, I don't know where to start. Pic related one of my drawings. Sure it's not amazing art, but I feel it's good enough for animation quality. I'm not looking to sell prints or anything. Any tips? What programs are best? I've played with photoshop's animation mode, adobe premier, and very little flash. fuck the smoothing algorithm in that that makes my lines look like I drew it with a broken pen. I know puppets are probably the easiest way to do it, and I can use inkscape pretty well, so what do?
>>
>>28768616
First you need to learn a program. I'd start in flash, but I say that because I don't know toonboom or anime studio.

these tutorial series really help out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHtoFwHh38Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0igv_BKikg

and anything by this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f9uKOzN2kE

After you have a foundational knowledge, you can decide for yourself how you want to do it, be it frame by frame, with puppets etc
>>
>>28743702
I just narrate stuff. Nothing fancy like writing or drawing. People like my stuff, so I guess that counts as content.

My newest video is some shitty MLP/Steven Universe/Super Mario crossover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-IjqO4e2Iw
>>
>>28766660
PMV Fag here

>>28743758

I use Sony Vegas for everything
>>
bamp
>>
Bumping so I can show you something tomorrow.

But I'm a sprite animator full of ideas. And ill show you this idea that I came up with while sitting on the swing set when Pinkie tulpa was talking to me.
>>
>>28768732
Thanks senpai I'll watch these this week.
>>
>>28757998
>post the full song on youtube
Where is it, anon?
>>
bubba thread
>>
>>28771973
>>
>>28769756
I'm curious.
>>
>>28768777
Cool stuff, how did you get into it?
Do you read only stories that are written for narration? Do you make changes to the wording to make it better suited for it?
I imagine that some stories require changes.
checked
>>
>>28771085
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFfhnDmP2lg

Ask and ye shall receive.

Thanks for reminding me to get off my lazy ass and actually upload it
>>
File: Don_9a98ee_864507.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Don_9a98ee_864507.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
>>28743702
>>
>>28774877
checked and saved
>>
>>28775418
thanks lad
>>
>>28775638
my pleasure
>>
>>28776095
page 9 again :/
it's looking like that time again boys
>>
save, mostly just to say that I am in the beginning stages of making a game engine. It's just between me and a friend, and it'll be just for simple 2D RPGs, but if it goes well, you'll see some shitty pone games pop up from /mlp/
>>
>>28778089
> making a game engine
If you are having fun with that, do it. However if your main objective is to actually release a game, you should seriously use an existing game engine : no point in reinventing the wheel - especially when there is top level wheels around for free.
>>
>>28774087
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZR71ex8pr4

I like these atmospheric-oriented songs. Here's another one from an unfinished SoTB fangame, it was made way back in September 2011 on the /collab/ board on ponychan.

They have a different style. Yours sounds more completed now.
>>
>>28778089
If you're making an engine because you believe any of the currently freely available ones lack some feature you think you need, tell us what it is and maybe we can save you a lot of work.
>>
File: spectrum.png (164KB, 472x225px) Image search: [Google]
spectrum.png
164KB, 472x225px
>>28743702
make music made out of poner in many different ways, it tock long time to learn how to make something like pic to music- have already something cool but I'm working on a thumbnail
>>
Spooky bump
>>
I'm currently working on developing some content, which is my NextGen verse. I'm thinking of making an ask blog for it, but I'm very hesitant about it because I don't know if I will have the time to draw for it betweenow college classes.
I draw some ponies though, and I have an account on DA. I'll give out the name if anyone is interested, and a link to the document with my characters once I'm off mobile.
>>
>>28779849
>I'll give out the name if anyone is interested, and a link to the document with my characters once I'm off mobile.
Go for it
>>
Disclaimer: Not an artist.
A while back I said I wanted to make a konbini video based on a fic I was writing for a thread and I come bearing progress even if it's in crap quality. I'll admit I don't know what I'm doing and I'm drawing everything on a Samsung tablet with a cheap dollar electronic ruubber tip pen thing. Enjoy
>>
>>28778765
Thanks lad. Did they ever release any other content? SoTB was a cool game. Shame the creator never released anything else related to it. Did you ever check out the HD remake?

I have no clue how long Chronicles' OST will be at the end but it's all comprised of atmospheric tracks like the one I've shown so far.
>>
>>28780346
14ErrantArtistGD
Also, here's the link to the doc: http://sta.sh/01oque6qu215
That's only the bios for my nextgen characters, it doesn't have the OCs that also exist in the verse.
>>
>>28780872
I decided to also add my headcanons for my verse because it'll help explain some details
http://sta.sh/0acnxpen1hu
>>
>>28781668
>>
>>28780593
BASED
A
S
E
D

kobini is good shit anon
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 472x472px
>>28782444
>>
>>28778605
Not that anon, but re-making game engines are for me personally
>>
do is there a discord of these threads
>>
>>28778605
>>28782587
i'm >>28778089 and yeah, it's mostly an exercise in pure autistic pone fun
>>
>>28782641
what lang
>>
>>28781668
yes
>>
File: discord_by_karzahnii-d49ox8i.png (442KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
discord_by_karzahnii-d49ox8i.png
442KB, 900x675px
>>28782626
DISCORD LINK: https://discord.gg/ntYANfx
>>
>>28783215
ty

Happy Halloween everypony.
>>
Hey guys long time no post

I drew a little crossover pic on /co/

Wanted to share it with you guys even if Halloween has been over for 30 mins now
>>
>>28784200
pretty cool
>>
>>28784215

thx
>>
>>28784261
np
>>
ayy
>>
Making music is quite easily the best hobby to take up your time as you're free to do it whenever and you have more means of doing so than any other hobby meant for personal enjoyment. Music is a universal language that everyone can understand. It's one where you are constantly receiving feedback from the very sounds you create - never feeling you have to abide by someone else's standards. You can pick it up or put it down and come back to it whenever and you won't ever lose that feeling.

Writing stories. It's a nice creative process that gets you thinking of scenarios, but it's far more limited in what you can do, focusing more on personal interpretation that is less likely to translate well. Authors don't tend to read through their own content except only to check it for errors.

Crafting & Drawing. These are much more engaging for you to get in to but it is incredibly important to understand that these play more as an investment than merely a hobby to take up your time. These are things you would want to see to completion sooner rather than never. Missing out on one thing or letting a project go unfinished is likely to have a crippling effect on your self-confidence. Take this when and ONLY when you have the space, peace of mind and all the right tools to do so. Don't take up these particular hobbies for any reason if you're not happy with yourself and your life.
>but [doing thing] makes me happy!
Do whatever makes you feel good. Just keep what I've said in mind.
>>
>>28784893
Where would you say PMVs would fit into that?
>>
>>28784942
PMVs are an inbetween of craft and music.
It provides both sound and visual feedback, and if you're not making the music yourself and just putting stuff together, it would be by far the easiest.
>>
>>28744563
>Whose dick do I gotta suck to get some reliable cooperation going?
Your own, fool. If ever I hear somebody say, "I was planning this great collab, but the artists were - " I usually assume this person was, at best, a writer, and at worst an ideas guy. If you have the mentality that you can blame the artists for being busy, you need to learn how to do art. After spending countless hours trying to git gud, after spending hours on a single frame of your project, on just one background, you'll get a pretty firm appreciation for people willing to do that work for free.

Man, if you aren't paying them, and paying them darn appropriately, it's really more a miracle for an artist to finish a big project on time than it is a thing you should expect to rely on.

Since your collab fell apart in the "planning stage", it sounds like you weren't even personally leading a vision and were just expecting your artists to come up with the ideas too, in which case, why do they need you?
>>
>>28768616
If you want to animate work of any length and you're on a budget, you'll want to start by pirating Flash. You CAN also animate traditionally, by hand drawing every frame, but it's not economical and therefore not appropriate for a serious project.

Now, the only reason you want to pirate Flash is because you can pirate Flash. As an animation program it's garbage. CS6 is 32 bit so it only has access to 4 GB of RAM, it crashes constantly, the drawing tools are close to worthless, and because of its limitations a skilled connoisseur will be able to look at your work and say, "Yep, that's Flash alright".

The way you draw in Flash is with the line tool. Basically, draw a line from point A to point B, then tweak the line to fit the curve you need. Use a mix of layers and patience to design your animation rigs. Drawing backgrounds in Flash works similarly - for trees you'd draw a circle and then pinch the circle to make it tree-shaped. You'll never bother using the normal drawing tools in Flash because, as you've seen, they make it look like you have Parkinson's.

Use your real drawing skill to build a reference sheet, then use Flash's line and shape tools to design your character from that.

You'll also want Flash's popular plug-ins, like keyframe caddy.

Once you get comfortable animating and feel like you're ready to move forward, dump Flash and buy an actual animation program, like Toon Boom. Toon Boom is hard to learn at first and the tutorials aren't all that great, so you'll benefit from starting on babby's first animation program before you go to the power tools.

Remember to save a separate file for each day of work. Flash will corrupt your data. I've heard Poke'hidden lost almost all his work on "Banned From Equestria Daily" at least once thanks to Flash's instability.
>>
File: apple tree.png (1MB, 2601x3300px) Image search: [Google]
apple tree.png
1MB, 2601x3300px
what do you guys think?
>>
>>28785890
Not bad. Might want to make Appul's head just a little larger next time. Exactly 1/3 her height is the normal proportion and it's part of what makes them so cute.
>>
>>28785766
>"Instead of working with others, just git good and do it all by yourself"
Your advice is not very conducive to cooperation.

Here's the thing: they aren't busy. They're too overly sensitive about their skill to put their work out there and lazy about their implied creative interest since they'd rather sit around playing PC games than actually do something productive.*

I wouldn't be paying them anyway for two reasons,
1. They approached me about doing a collab, not the other way around.
2. We're actually personal friends who wanted to do something fun and productive to contribute together.

And yes I was assigned to help with the writing primarily. I am a novice artist, but it was decided that the others having more experience and practice should handle that.

*or so I thought.
>why do they need you?
Apparently they don't. They happen to live closer near each other and I just found out yesterday that they decided to continue the collab without me since one of them has an unreliable internet connection. They assured me it wasn't anything personal against me, just that it would be easier for them to physically be able to work together without me. The slight feeling of betrayal still hurts a little.
>>
>>28786259
It's easier for two to work than it is for three.

But the point of being able to do it yourself isn't to do it all yourself. It's so that you know how much work, time, and effort is going to be needed to do the thing you want, and so if somebody gets sick or too busy you can pick up their slack. In a small collab, it really does work best when everyone has the same skill sets and can share the work evenly. In large team projects you delegate roles, but when it's two to three guys, you can generally make changes on a snap.
>>
>>28784893
I think creating music is indeed easy.

But some things can get really difficult.
>>
>>28785810
>Remember to save a separate file for each day of work. Flash will corrupt your data. I've heard Poke'hidden lost almost all his work on "Banned From Equestria Daily" at least once thanks to Flash's instability.
Holy shit, flash crashes a fucking lot it is true
>>
>>28785810
I have flash so I guess I'll get started with it. Have you ever tried pulling images from photoshop Into flash? Or using photoshops animation feature?
>>
>>28785890
Cute.
The top of the tree is not branchy enough if you know what I mean though.
>>
>>28743702
after taking principals of animation I finally got toon boom for myself, hopefully I can make some good quality content for this fandom.
>>
>>28786963
I'm trying to learn from tutorials and online classes. Make this fandom great again
>>
File: Screenshot_78.png (3MB, 2559x1439px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_78.png
3MB, 2559x1439px
>>28750518
Looks pretty cozy so far man.

>>28751930
That sounds friggin hard.

>>28752717
>Unless college literally kills me.
Bro I feel you. If it weren't for school I would have a shit ton more videos done and a lot less stressed out. On the other hand, if it weren't for school I would feel like even more of a degenerative piece if shit. What really sucks is dealing with competition on YouTube who seem to have all the fucking time in the world. But hey, that's life.

>>28754048
I remember you! I liked that Fluttershy one "Can We Cuddle" I showed it to the boys at a con panel and everyone was like "Where the hell has this jewel been?"

>>28756255
>What keeps you motivated?
Well that's a hard question. For me, motivational factors change on a daily basis. But I guess a big one is the accountability of others and the fear of loss and failure if I don't get the work done.

>>28757139
Keep going man. Your work is coming along nicely.

>>28761159
I can see some really funny shit possibly being made out of this.

>>28766660
Music Producer here. I haven't used my DAW for anything but MIDI configuration in years. Plenty of the guys on my team use their DAWs for other forms of composition while I oversee it all. My work is nothing too fancy. It is a lot of fun though.

>>28767930
>But you better download more RAM for all that. Even 16 GB can struggle after a while.
This. I have 16gb of DDR4 ram and is still can't always support multiple adobe programs open at once. I found out that after many crashes that my GPU ram was the problem. So make sure you get a GPU that has enough of that too.

>>28766660
I do motion graphics by designing in PS, making them come to life in AE, then rendering it all in Premier. Nothing over the top like PMV artists do. It's mostly along the lines of making piano covers look better with intros and outros. Pic related was a still animation I did in AE and PS. I recommend getting CS6 if you haven't already. CC can suck sometimes.
>>
>>28787024
build a wall of quality content
>>
File: Screenshot_19.png (3MB, 2559x1438px)
Screenshot_19.png
3MB, 2559x1438px
>>28768616
You can always try your hand at the puppet tool in AE. Or rigging puppets in Flash. But honestly it is a lot of technical work. Most animators I have worked with or talked to said it's best to start with traditional animation outside of puppetry and work your way into it to build that portfolio. In case you are really serious about a professional career in animation, you should make a goal to build a portfolio in traditional animation, puppet animation, and even 3d animation. (If any animators here want to correct me on that go right ahead.) However if you are just doing this for fun then I think you will enjoy traditional the most. You may have spend more time it it though.

>>28768777
Ayy man good to see you are still kicking. Love that voice of yours. Wish I could use it in a video one day. I still have a tab on you in case I ever need to approach you with an offer. But we will see.

>>28778089
>>28778605 This.
You will get burned out quickly. Though I applaud your ability in that realm of extensive programming.

>>28778765
This shit is pretty aesthetic man. Wish I had the brain to do this kind of music. Subbed.

>>28779237
Post it! Let's see it.

>>28779849
>I don't know if I will have the time to draw for it between college classes.
Careful not to fall in the trap of content creation man. Creating content for the sake of it is fun and fine. But then posting it on YouTube/Tumblr/Reddit/DA and acquiring attention CAN be addictive. My channel was a formidable enemy of my university work. However I will say it helped me realize I have a better calling in IT and project management.

>>28780593
>I'll admit I don't know what I'm doing
kek join the club. Most of us don't.

>>28784200
I like that coloring man. Good job. What tools did you use?

>>28784893
>but it is incredibly important to understand that these play more as an investment than merely a hobby to take up your time.
Well said man.
>>
A personal shoutout to all the people who worked on the latest Ponies at Dawn album. It has been a great listen through and through.

>>28787310
>What really sucks is dealing with competition on YouTube who seem to have all the fucking time in the world. But hey, that's life.
I dont know how these people do it. I guess when you're big enough so that Patreon and ytbucks can carry you through life it becomes easier, but considering how easily YT can screw people over I wouldn't put my trust into it.
>>
File: Screenshot_73.png (2MB, 2559x1439px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_73.png
2MB, 2559x1439px
>>28785766
>Man, if you aren't paying them, and paying them darn appropriately, it's really more a miracle for an artist to finish a big project on time than it is a thing you should expect to rely on.

This. I am a big advocate for compensating others. It not only is an expression of valuing another person's hard work, but it shows integrity in yourself. If you can't pay people compensate them some other way. If you can't do that then you may have to bite the bullet and learn everything yourself. I had to take on a second job as a full time student just to pay my staff. Was it kind of stupid? From a practical sense yes because I should have focused solely on school and given up the whole YouTube thing in hindsight. But it's not about me, I respect my team a lot, and I want them to know that. But I run a small business. And I have to make sacrifices if I want to do that AND get a degree from a University.

>>28785810
>Remember to save a separate file for each day of work. Flash will corrupt your data. I've heard Poke'hidden lost almost all his work on "Banned From Equestria Daily" at least once thanks to Flash's instability.
Good point anon. It is so incredibly important to also back up all of your work onto separate hard drives. I once did not do that and during a backup process using a third party program my OS crashed and I lost ALL of my creative files. They were all corrupted. I had to wait a whole month to get it all back. And it cost me $450. Do not make that mistake. I got lucky though and got all my money back from them. A lot of data recovery companies are really sketchy.
>>
File: blondshopes.jpg (356KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
blondshopes.jpg
356KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: Screenshot_7.png (1023KB, 1182x609px)
Screenshot_7.png
1023KB, 1182x609px
>>28786259
>The slight feeling of betrayal still hurts a little
Sorry to hear that man. But this is like 90% of all collabs these days. I myself do nothing BUT collabs and I will say it until I die, but it can be incredibly frustrating and difficult to work with others over the internet. This is because there is a lack of interpersonal communication. In other words, the process of understanding and communicating with others through gestures, expressions, and tone.

On the internet someone may just say "Ok" but what they really can mean is "Ok but I am not happy about it." But you can't know that since you can't see their face, hear their voice, or see their body gesture when they say that.

The concept of technological communication can hinder a stable relationship or inhibit a relationship from being built.

My point is that don't be hard on yourself. Running a project over skype or Discord is very hard. But if you are adamant on improving yourself and others don't give up. You will get their one day just like I did.

>>28786494
This.

>>28786807
>But some things can get really difficult.
For me dynamacy of a harmony, transition, or the composition of original and fitting drums are the hardest part. Time and time again I see people use the same drum samples for all their songs without them realizing how important drums are. But I can hardly blame them. Good drum samples that are also unique and have variation are expensive to get and somewaht difficult to use when you first start with them. One of the biggest things I look for when reviewing music is how they did the drums and incorporated them. It can say a lot about a musician.
>>
tfw no collabs ever in /mlp/
>>
>>28787543
Are you any good with Unity or Blender? Can you into Python?
>>
>>28787578
javascript
>>
File: Kill me please.png (2MB, 2559x1439px) Image search: [Google]
Kill me please.png
2MB, 2559x1439px
>>28787424
>I dont know how these people do it. I guess when you're big enough so that Patreon and ytbucks can carry you through life it becomes easier, but considering how easily YT can screw people over I wouldn't put my trust into it.

It baffles me too. I have nearly 145k subs and it still is not worth enough to quit everything else and just focus on YouTube and shit. Sure if I didn't pay my team or even have a team then I could do it. But even then living on just about $1200 a month still sucks where I live. Not to mention I can never start a good family with that kind of income. Hence why I stay in school and work for a degree that can. If I was 18 maybe it would work but I am 24 now. I need to think bigger for my future family.

What I tell a lot of content creators wanting to start up is that they shouldn't do it for the money. It is way too hard to get anywhere these days on YT. I started at the tail end of the YouTube boom so I was lucky. Nowadays it's hard as shit just to get on the first few pages when someone searches of a let's play or music. And then clickbait shit is fucking up the system making it harder too for quality content to get noticed. I could go on honestly. There is so much shit wrong with YouTube it's not even funny and not worth it for most people. This is the point I made in that Doctor Wolf video I did with him. Do not use YouTube as a means for a career, rather, use it to build skills in whatever to get a real career one day. I'm not talking about MLG either. That stuff is daunting and distracts kids and teens from pursuing skills that are contributive to society. The doctor wolf video kinda got some bad response for that. People don't want to hear that a career as an internet star is a bad idea.

But like I said, I can go on.
>>
File: Screenshot_75.png (2MB, 2557x1439px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_75.png
2MB, 2557x1439px
>>28787543
That's not really true.

I mean what do you define as a collab?

There were these from this year:
https://youtu.be/o1FmRkQ4VSw
https://youtu.be/2JvhDU91_aM
https://youtu.be/z3XYhIKHzmM

But in regards to huge projects that's about it. The rest of the "collabs" done by /mlp/ were little stuff from those "lets draws" to party collabs at BabsCon and other cons.

But still, I wouldn't cop out /mlp/ for not doing collabs. Sure we failed "Do or Deer" but what group hasn't failed at least once? At least we have done more than Reddit and Tumblr this year. But then again this isn't some pissing contest.
>>
>>28787629
I DEER YOU TO DO SOMETHING BETTER THAN DOUBLE RAINBOOM
>>
>>28787601
Well Youtube is just bizarre. It's practically doing everything it can to push quality off the site. You remember Frederator? Mondo Media? Chad Vader? Any of that stuff? Youtube could have blown up any of that by promoting it, but instead they put their tools and efforts towards Pewdiepie. Not because he's all that amazing, but just because he puts out a new video every day, and then their algorithms went on promoting only that kind of thing.

It's very hard to both apply a real skill and get big on Youtube simultaneously. Real arts take time and practice. You can't make a new cartoon every day, or even every week. You can't even hardly do an impressive drawing once a day without an outrageous amount of skill behind you.

But Leafy? Reaction channels? Those are the competitors of the real artists on Youtube, and we honestly can't beat them. I've been scratching my head for a couple years now trying to figure out how to pull that trafic to things I can't just vomit into the net every morning.
>>
>>28787629
They should have called it "Doomed or Deer". There were people willing to step up and put their names on other people's work, but there weren't any real leaders involved in that. They just kept trying to crowdsource everything, and of course you'll never decide on a script when fifty writers and counting are allowed to make revisions.
>>
>>28786866
>I have flash so I guess I'll get started with it. Have you ever tried pulling images from photoshop Into flash? Or using photoshops animation feature?
Yes and yes. The issue I ran into with importing images is that CS6 has memory problems and will quickly run out of RAM to do the things you want. You can important a reference sheet to build your characters off of, but if you start importing a bunch of assets, backgrounds, and so on - especially if they're large files - Flash starts chugging. I think with the CC version it's not such an issue because that's 64 bit, but most people do the reverse. They finish their project in Flash then export to Adobe After Effects to touch it up rather than importing anything into Flash.

As for photoshop's animation feature, it's really not worth dealing with for a long project. If you just want to traditionally animate a second long gif, then it's fine. I sometimes use a similar program to animate sketches for the practice, but I'd never use Photoshop to try to seriously animate anything.
>>
>>28787424
>A personal shoutout to all the people who worked on the latest Ponies at Dawn album. It has been a great listen through and through.

Thanks, f@m!

>I dont know how these people do it. I guess when you're big enough so that Patreon and ytbucks can carry you through life it becomes easier, but considering how easily YT can screw people over I wouldn't put my trust into it.

I think it is exceptionally hard to make a living, stable wage off youtube and patreon. I am jealous of some of the musicians in this fandom who work part-time, and are able to put out so much music. I don't have the time to do music as much as I want to anymore.
>>
File: WTTS.jpg (180KB, 1505x863px) Image search: [Google]
WTTS.jpg
180KB, 1505x863px
>>28787708
>then their algorithms went on promoting only that kind of thing.
Yea when Youtube decided to start supporting channels by giving them more ad money based on length, that was kinda it for a lot of animation on YouTube. So many animators just stopped and left. But then PieAnimations or whatever swooped in when no one else was really around and took all the attention left behind by Egoraptor, Frederator, and others. There is still a market for crappy animation for the sake of humor and comedy, but serious animators in north america know that you can't build a portfolio on that shit these days.

>It's very hard to both apply a real skill and get big on Youtube simultaneously. Real arts take time and practice. You can't make a new cartoon every day, or even every week. You can't even hardly do an impressive drawing once a day without an outrageous amount of skill behind you.
Very true but YouTube users aren't always the most loyal. They are teens and kids who will watch or support anything that they deem funny/interesting. And let's be honest, that's not a very quality mindset. They will toss out the old to make way for the new in terms of fads. And if you are not a channel that capitalizes on fads really quickly well then good fucking luck.
>>
>>28787906
>then PieAnimations or whatever swooped in
I wish it were just that he's filling the void. That would imply that there's a void to fill and that Youtube is still trying to get SOME animation out there. They aren't, though.

Piemations got big because he was featured by Valve. He went from 100k monthly views to 5 million in that single instance and hasn't come back down.

That's the kind of thing nobody else can replicate. That's a "winning the lottery" deal. There are actually still hundreds of animations going up on Youtube. Student films and so on, many of which are pretty astounding, but they'd need to be supported by a massive company to get the notice Piemations got.
>>
File: Screenshot_50.png (3MB, 2558x749px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_50.png
3MB, 2558x749px
>>28787708
>But Leafy? Reaction channels? Those are the competitors of the real artists on Youtube, and we honestly can't beat them. I've been scratching my head for a couple years now trying to figure out how to pull that trafic to things I can't just vomit into the net every morning.
I don't get it. It is common knowledge that Google LOSES money on YouTube every year. Reasons being adblocker, skipping ads, and the loss of a decent share of the market to Twitch and Facebook's video system. But still, they continue to promote Clickbait shit on their front page. And don't get me wrong, a few of those videos are good and they just rely on sketchy thumbnails to get people to watch their stuff. But fuck it is plain unethical imo. If they are not really in it for the money, why do they treat content creation as if they are?

On the other hand who am I to really say much? I never wanted a career in YouTube and never will. But I still get boiled when I see people like Minty Root who actually does make good stuff get overshadowed by reaction and analyst channels in the fandom. I also get salty when I see some of the content creators here put a ton of effort in what they do only for it to flop once it get published.

I mean there is a lot involved, I know. And my time is nearly over especially when I finish my degree. But YouTube is no longer a place where small people can do big things and get noticed. It's now a place where small people can do big things and have a 10% chance of making the first 10 pages on YouTube's search engine results and have a 90% chance of getting burned out in less than a year.
>>
File: Screenshot_80.png (3MB, 2553x1439px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_80.png
3MB, 2553x1439px
>>28787978
Good points all around. I never knew that's how he came about. A few people told me otherwise a while back.

I still think there is a market for high quality and artistic animation beyond what Piemations does, but it hardly gets noticed by the major demographic of YouTube being kids and teens.

So this is all my preference then. I really enjoy good animation and artistic videos. I don't care for Piemations' videos but I think it is cool that he is only 16 and has a decent personality.

But most of YouTube enjoys tv-type personalities. Which reactors and bloggers seem to have. And I don't. I can't hold it against an audience for enjoying a video over another. And I can't slander other content creators out of that since it would be pretentious. But I will still encourage people to try something a bit more original than a reaction channel on YouTube.
>>
>>28787991
They've have to do something differently eventually. The music industry has recently been complaining because there's a huge upsurge in viewership on Youtube, but a comparatively very small increase in ad revenue. This had led to frustration from basically everyone involved in their system except Youtube, which is making record income doing things as they have.

Thing is, though, if advertisers are willing to pay essentially nothing per ad click and the value of Youtube ads keeps dropping because it's being plastered all over toxic Youtube drama and "reaction channels" while also being clicked by worthless bots, there can't be a future in this. At some point, the value of ads will drop faster than the influx of viewership.

It's already crushing content creators. I remember earning twice as much from ads five years ago. Now I think of it as bonus pocket change and hardly check the analytics. It's part of why misleading or abusive content is the only thing that's thriving. The videos are longer, so they're getting the best ads, and they attract more views because it's misleading or abusive.
>>
>>28788052
Yeah, he was a pretty average Flash animator before he got featured. There was nothing special about his channel. He was doing okay because all he did was parodies, which is one of those things the SEO really likes.

He's better now, but that's because getting that huge boost let him drop out of school and devote himself to animation full time. It became his craft rather than his hobby. Guy's still a kid, though. Seventeen, I think, but I might be wrong.

It's just one of those things. I look at these guys sometimes and do research on them to try to figure out what they did. How to learn from them like you might learn from reading about the founding fathers of animation who made it big. Then it turns out the information age is different. People just huge randomly, for no real thing they personally did. Somebody with an audience yanked them up there and that's the story.
>>
I would like to join the whole discussion about YouTube and how difficult it is to get out there.

Just a small little note. This is coming from a guy who just makes shitty PMVs and does not have any real talent, but I still attempt to add effort into my videos and always do the best I can to my best of abbilities, since I can't do anything else better. I am very passionate about it though, a lot. Even though I wish I was capable of more.

Putting that aside, it is still very frustrating to see guys like Leafy dominate, especially considering how his content is literally based off of just insulting random people on Youtube, who most of the time don't deserve the kind of negative exposure Leafy is giving these random people.

Leafy is damaging YT's community and potentionally discourages people from trying something creative due to what his content is and what it can do to you. Once Leafy makes a video on you and you have no one to defend you, you're pretty much fucking done.

He is of course not alone in this, there are other channels which build their channel out of damaging others, that is what YouTube community became, it is full of rivarly and exposing, exposing every week. It's heart aching, really.

I completelly understand that channels build around persona will always thriupmh over any thing else, yet it kind of disturbs me what it is becoming.

And, reaction videos, yeah. Seeing those get so high still makes me a little frustrated but less and less over the years, some people have reacted to my content and I actually really liked them to do that. Watching their reaction was fun, but that is because I really enjoy seeing how others enjoy my videos, if they do that is of course. But seeing channels that are built out of nothing but reaction content makes me feel weird on the inside.

I wrote this while tired and I have had frustrations regarding YouTube's content creators for a while now. I just hope that threads like these help.
>>
>>28788233
Small reaction channels feel okay because it's like watching someone enjoy your content in person. You tell a joke and you see and hear them laugh. That kind of thing.

The really big reaction channels are people that always over-react to everything, and they're usually watching Pewdiepie, or Cyanide and Happiness, or something that's already successful and doesn't need more attention. What's agonizing is watching those channels become larger than some of the stuff they watch. They're derivative. It's easy. Just steal someone else's content, talk a little while it runs, then reap the ad revenue.

On the bright side, to get away from the doom and gloom, at least people really do respect quality content. It isn't being promoted by Youtube, but the fans you gather from that will be real, and they really will appreciate the skill going into your work. Will you make a living off of it? Well, Frederator gave up on trying to make animation work on Youtube, and given that they had the resources that's a pretty bleak thing to watch. Rooster Teeth is trying right now too, but I'm not seeing tons of evidence that it's working.

But the fans you make, regardless, sure can be dedicated.
>>
>>28788335
You hit the nail on the head. The small modest channel which will react to everything, no matter how popular it is, they feel just, comfy? Something just feels right.

> They're derivative. It's easy. Just steal someone else's content, talk a little while it runs, then reap the ad revenue.

This really pains me. I do think that YouTube should be allowing that kind of content on YoUTube, but they should not be able to make money out of them and the original creator should get a cut and decide what to do with the video.

> at least people really do respect quality content. It isn't being promoted by Youtube, but the fans you gather from that will be real, and they really will appreciate the skill going into your work

I can confirm, I have over 1k subs, but I get few comments and very little feedback, but the one I sometimes get are from returning subscribers who watch my videos in silence, makes sense since my channel is not about me but about the stuff I put out, but when they comment, I saw high genuine praise about me making the best PMVs they've ever seen and hoping I never stop. Amazing stuff.
>>
geez, seems like a lot of us are here weathering college / trying to get a degree. I wonder what the numbers are for /mlp/'s distribution
>>
File: swfdonut.jpg (156KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
swfdonut.jpg
156KB, 700x700px
Ok OP, I'll share what I do.
I create Mlp porn compilations on Pornhub. I was tired of watching good nsfw animations that only lasted 14 seconds. Tired of seeing compilations that looked like they were made in Microsoft powerpoint. So I decided to make my own by editing my favorite animations by Stoic 5
http://www.pornhub.com/view_video.php?viewkey=ph5689cbeecd539

I enjoy that video every now and then. So I didn't think that the video would become as popular as it did. Bronies and even furries wanted more so I made more. If you type in "Mlp" in to Pornhub you'll find one of my videos on the first page.
http://www.pornhub.com/view_video.php?viewkey=ph56a2907aa455b

With every video I would have to wait on artist to make new animations so I started to make my own stuff. I made a Tumblr that featured my videos and what music I was going to mix together as well as digital art. I'm still learning to draw better and animate and stuff.
http://barnwithhoovesup.tumblr.com/

So some experiences, It's kinda hauntly weird to think that people jerk off to my compilations and when I meet them irl. I find it funny as hell, but I truly appreciate them.

Being on pornhub I get some stalkers who try to find out where I live and try to find a pictures of me. That's always fun. I do get hate mail like "Why do you put such bad music to good animations." I could really care less because that's my fetish. I do care for criticism and ways of improving my compilations and art. I don't get butt hurt over that shit.

So I'm currently working on a series comic with Rainbow Dash and Derring Do. Editing a new video and mixing more music. Converting Webm. to MP4.
>>
File: Screenshot_25.png (1MB, 1252x633px)
Screenshot_25.png
1MB, 1252x633px
>>28788086
Agreed.
>there's a huge upsurge in viewership on Youtube, but a comparatively very small increase in ad revenue.
I did notice a increase in viewership on my channel, but the ad revenue is still a fraction of what it was last year and the year before. It is really interesting you bring this up though. And since over half my channel is music it kinda makes sense what my network adviser was trying to explain to me. He told me music channels make 50% less in ad revenue now since companies aren't competing as much over ad space in those channels.

>which is making record income doing things as they have.
Wow I did not know that.

>the value of ads will drop faster than the influx of viewership.
I think it is already happening to many channels.

>Now I think of it as bonus pocket change and hardly check the analytics.
Same kinda. I had to resort to using sellout tactics with endorsements. But I had little choice if I wanted to keep paying my team for their hard work. Honestly endorsements kinda suck. Not only can you appear as a sellout faggot but they also tend to fail in a few months unless the product is directly related to your channel. And if you have a niche audience (like our fandom), it's only the more difficult. I got an email last week from one of the companies I work with and I knew it was going to come eventually. They basically said it's not working out and stuff. I still need to reply but my reply will basically be "I told you unless you make some alterations to your application to fit my audience, they won't buy it". And the suggested alterations weren't even unreasonable. But it is what it is.

Patreon used to me a great income for my channel. But my patrons got burned out obviously. My content isn't really worth paying for compared to other channels who have patreons. It's highly competitive.
>>
File: Screenshot_45.png (4MB, 2495x1138px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_45.png
4MB, 2495x1138px
>>28788142
>It's just one of those things.
And what a shame it is.
>>
>>28788447
What are you going to do once fan content runs dry and you can't pay anyone on your team? Are you still going to produce content or call it quits? It's always been on my mind what these huge pony channels are going to do when they can't pay their bills on ad revenue and patreon dollars. Also, what degree are you going for?
>>
File: Screenshot_5.png (484KB, 968x515px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_5.png
484KB, 968x515px
>>28788690
>What are you going to do once fan content runs dry and you can't pay anyone on your team?
Well I knew it was going to happen eventually so i devised a plan a long time ago. In 2013 I began branching out to other fandoms. And it worked for the most part. But as my viewership went up in more noticeable places, so did the amount of other people who think and can do what I do, but better. So then I went into the realm of endorsements and that was going ok for a while but now everyone in my genre gets nearly the same endorsements and the market is oversaturated. Now what I am doing is growing locally as a micro production company. And that is working. But a bit too fast for me to keep up with. So I am afraid I will spoil my chances if I don't capitalize successfully soon. But if it works I can make some decent money until I finish school. So to answer your question, when fan content runs dry, I will focus more on the professional end of things here in Illinois and abroad with social media commercials. The two big things for us right now are working with the Creber talent agency and sports filmography here in Illinois. So those are the two things I am banking on right now.

>It's always been on my mind what these huge pony channels are going to do when they can't pay their bills on ad revenue and patreon dollars.
I wonder the same for other channels. Like it will be hard for a lot of the reaction and analyst channels in the fandom to move elsewhere all at once. So we shall see.

>Also, what degree are you going for?
Something that pays well, is relatively cheap to initially get, and is easy to get a job with. Information Technology Systems with an emphasis in Network and Cyber Security. An internship around here for that pays $35/hr. But they are difficult to maintain. Luckily I have an interview coming up here with Allstate. But I am feeling iffy on it.

Speaking of degrees and majors, what is everyone else going for currently? Or what do you already have?
>>
Question do the gamefriends.

So if you use existing engines/tools like gamemaker or something related, do you need to know coding and if yes in what languages?

>>28787310
>Music Producer here. I haven't used my DAW for anything but MIDI configuration in years. Plenty of the guys on my team use their DAWs for other forms of composition while I oversee it all. My work is nothing too fancy. It is a lot of fun though.
Could you go into more detail about this? As a clueless idiot I'm having a hard time imagening how it works if you use only midi.
>>
>>28789370
Engineer answer : depend on your engine.
Very specialized stuff like RPGMaker can require 0 programming as long as you don't deviate from the stereotype. Custom stuff require coding in Ruby.
Unity require coding in C#.
Unreal require coding in C++.
Never used GameMaker so I can't tell.
I you really want to make games, just bite the bullet and learn how to code - you will have to sooner or later when you will want to add fancier stuff.
>>
>>28788401
Doesn't seem too surprising to me, it seems like college students are pretty much the main demographic where the MLP fandom really took off.

>>28789453
>Never used GameMaker so I can't tell.
It has its own scripting language, "GameMaker Language" (GML), which I assume is a fairly standard imperative scripting language.

>Unreal require coding in C++.
They have a somewhat new "blueprints" feature for setting up game logic without writing any code. No idea how easy it is to use, or how well it works.
>>
>>28787397

Pencil, ink pen, and copic markers
>>
bump because this thread is really interesting
>>
Here u loosers, I made some green
fluttershy ,darling , there's an ayylien or ayyliens destroying the city , why don't you help us
it's ummm it's because I'm shy
>darling you are a grown ass adult that can't be killed because you are in a show darling
Ummm I don't know that
>oh darling I'm sorry I forgot, but what's inexcusable is the fact that you had to overcome your fears before multiple times darling
Ummm this time is different
>why darling? Can you explain pls?
It's a different context...
>but we've been over this like a million times darling, and last time was more threatening darling
Rarity you don't understand that deep down inside I'm just a hollow shell of a mare/woman whose only personality is to be shy , and sometimes angry for comedic purposes
>you are not shy fluttershy
You are right rarity , I overcame my fears once again thanks you are a good friend rarity, what are we fighting
*video related
https://youtu.be/cMThv97LP9Q [Open]
Hey green man who is not anon, go away or I'll be forced to use "the stare"
>toyota suzuki maruchan anime samsung 1001010101
I'll use it right now!
>she stares at the ayyliens
>they return to the forest for no reason
>why darling you are absolutely amazing you are so brave
Thanks rarity, I learned that it's ok to be scared but you have to face your fears someday
>darling you said that last time darling
R8 the greentext?
Continue?
>>
>>28791379
make more
>>
>>28744760
This is surprisingly fun, and also chaos incarnate.
>>
bump?
>>
>>28789370
If your're strong in something else, like art or design, try to get a real programmer to help you out, otherwise you'll end up like >>28792579 or the Yandere Simulator guy.

Unless you really want to learn programming. Do you?
>>
>>28793286
> That source code
It's painful to watch.
It's also what "professional" code look like 99% of the time in my country - praise computer-illiterate customers that blindly believe the salesman when he just shrug and tell them "yeah, it's buggy and slow as hell, but you know ... that's how computers are, imma right ?".
>>
File: 1476332793119.png (102KB, 534x626px) Image search: [Google]
1476332793119.png
102KB, 534x626px
>>28752717
Is your vid going to be about Winter Wrap-Up of two-star salt?
I was thinking of making a vid for 4cc too during Uni break, but looks like you've beat me to it
>>
>>28793632
It will be like a recapitulation of the Summer 16 run. Goals and moments from our matches, so on. Don't expect some ved/pf tier of custom effects and shit, though.
Go for it, this isn't a race, the more the merrier!
>>
>>28793647
True, true
Then I hope Uni don't kill me either
>>
File: Screenshot_41.png (4MB, 1799x1230px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_41.png
4MB, 1799x1230px
>>28789370
>Could you go into more detail about this? As a clueless idiot I'm having a hard time imagining how it works if you use only midi.

Sure. So our goal with our channel is to promote to concept of MIDI use to beginner musicians for a variety of things from learning a song to remixing it. MIDIs can be the project bones so to say in terms of composition. If a person wanted to make an orchestral remix of, let's say, Luna's Future, they would need to transcribe the song first into a form where they can either plug in a VST (or low end sample) of violin strings for example, or get sheet music for it so they can play the violin themselves and record that (though that is much more difficult). That is what we mainly do: provide the MIDI file. MIDIs can be used for remixing by applying electronic samples to the channel and doing it that way as well.

All in all MIDIs are great for beginning and intermediate composers and musicians. More elaborate remixes only partially use our MIDIs since it then requires more of a personal interpretation from the composer doing the remixes.

As for me, as the producer I am kinda just a manager so to say. The group's leader who gives out projects and sets budgets and other limits/constraints while managing the finances in the end along with PR. I am not very good at transcription since it really does require a good if not perfect sense of pitch. But I know how to manage a business decently and mix audio among other things like motion graphics, and graphic design.
>>
>>28793947
Good luck, we're in this together.
also get hyp for friendship tests 3
>>
>>28794091
You and me, we're in this together now, none of them can stop us now.
>>
>>28794091
HYP (\
>>
bum
>>
File: 2016-banner-1200.png (61KB, 1200x249px) Image search: [Google]
2016-banner-1200.png
61KB, 1200x249px
Whelp, I guess this is kinda relevant. Imma shill yous guys for just a sec here.

One of my writers, James Vermont, got nominated for an award for some of his work as a writer by the Audio Verse Awards.

I whipped up this video in a couple of hours with old assets laying around to promote him.

https://youtu.be/PhAJwISaGC0

If any of you have the time and are aware of his works with us or Stable-Tec, we would really appreciate the vote: http://www.audioverseawards.net/site/
>>
>>28795366
>Fallout Equestria
Uhm...
>>
>>28795381
Ohhh yea. We have one of those don't we...

My bad.
>>
What is the general opinion on SFM animations here? Are they considered lazy, okay, or are most anons indifferent?
>>
>>28795401
As a random anon, most SFM animati,ons I see are low effort memes, so I usually don't take it very seriously.
But that's just my opinion.
>>
>>28773271
>How did you get into it?
I'm not sure how, to be honest. I used to use vocaroo, but those don't last forever.
>Do you only read stories written for narration?
Nope. Because almost anything could be narrated.
>Do you make changes...?
Nope, any changes between the recording and the story is usually just laziness.

>>28787397
>I still have a tab on you in case I ever need to approach you with an offer.
Would you like my skype, just so it's easy to get in contact with me?
>>
>>28795408
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>28795417
Yea that would be great.

You can also hit me up at weimtime007. I'm on Discord too at WeimTime #9260.
>>
>>28795401
SFM are worth it only if you are extremely good at animation, imo. People abused the "shitty animations for lulz effect" and it kinda ruined SFM.
I still in awe with stuff like Argodaemon, tho : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX9YMEFwXY0
>>
>>28795517
Cool. My username is voiceguy1251
>>
>>28793286
I do.
I want to get into everything but can do nothing.
Draw, write, code, animate, compose, edit, remix...
Get atleast decent in any form of content.
I know it is stupid but well...
>>
>>28795805
You know what to do.
>>
>>28795805
If you have questions about coding, feel free to ask I'll always be happy to help.

Now I'm still trying to learn drawing, writing and composing myself...
>>
>>28795984
Okay... How do I compute the natural logarithm of a non-negative 32-bit integer as quickly as possible with integer arithmetic operations?
>>
>>28796054
Look for the algorithm.
>>
>>28796054
Realistically, I recommend using the natural logarithm function provided in your platform's standard library.

If you need better performance under a special case, this may be possible but I'll need to know what hardware your program will run on, and in what language the algorithm should be.
>>
>>28796096
This.
When it come to maths (and a lot of other stuff like data structure), just use the basic libraries that any decent modern language include. Whatever custom version you could wrote will only be worse.
>>
>>28795984
Not sure if this is an appropriate question, but at what point do concepts like pointers, inheritance, and data structures become important? Is it possible to spend your whole a programming career using just basic stuff like functions?
>>
>>28796096
It's got virtually no integer-only (or fixed-point) functions, so that's a dead end. Google isn't tremendously helpful either. As for the platform, you've got the usual stuff: addition, subtraction, multiplication, all manner of bit fiddling, and hardware division, which is pretty expensive, but it's there.
>>
>>28796147
Depend on language and how complex your needs are.
Pointers are nonexistent (or everywhere, depend on how you look at it) in C# / Java.
I rarely use Inheritance, but that's probably just me.
Choosing the right data structure is mostly a matter of milking as much performances as possible. Simpler games can do everything with List or Array.

>>28796187
First, tell us wtf language and platform you are using.
Secondly, tell us what you are really trying to do with those calculus, maybe there is a better way.
Worst case scenario :
> convert int to float
> compute as float
> convert resulting float as int
Unless you are doing that a lot per frame, it will have no impact on performances.
>>
>>28796147
It is important as soon as you want to start working on slightly bigger or more complicated projects.

Data structures, and concepts like inheritance in OO languages are very important, because they are your basic tools that everyone is expected to understand, it's not possible to start a programming career without these.

If you understand only the very basics you can in theory do everything, but it would be like trying to cut meat with a spoon, it will take more effort, more time, and you will look silly to other people because you're using primitive tools for everything.
But most importantly your code will look very silly and unnecessarily complicated.

Now for slightly more advanced concepts like pointers and recursion, some people do fine without ever knowing them, but the same idea applies that better tools help you do a better job.
The best ability that a programmer needs is the ability to be constantly learning.
>>
>>28796187
>It's got virtually no integer-only (or fixed-point) functions, so that's a dead end. Google isn't tremendously helpful either.
Logarithms are usually computed for floating point numbers.
At least I assume that you want a floating point result, and so the inner computations will be floating-points, meaning the input might as well be floating point directly, you do not lose performance here.

>As for the platform, you've got the usual stuff: addition, subtraction, multiplication, all manner of bit fiddling, and hardware division, which is pretty expensive, but it's there.
The reason I specifically ask is because depending on your platform, there may be a tradeoff regarding the use of lookup tables, taylor series versus rational approximations, etc.
The reference book for this sort of algorithms is usually Computer Approximations by John Hart.
>>
>>28796212
>>28796214
Thanks for the answers guys. Was curious since I've been trying to learn programming (C++) for a couple years now, and the those particular tools are going right over my head. It seems as if everything could be done with what I already know now, but I definitely wanna try and improve.
>>
File: Untitled.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>28795525
I tried and failed to make a looping webm. I do not know why it decided to delet frames.
>>
>>28797352
This one from a paint thread went far better.
>>
>>28797352
i just thought she was hitting her head on something
>>
File: Cottage3(Lit).png (269KB, 1282x711px)
Cottage3(Lit).png
269KB, 1282x711px
>>28787310
>>>28754048
That's pretty awesome, thanks. I was starting to think no one was going to be able to see that. Out of curiosity, who'd you show it too?
>>
>>28796054
What kind of precision do you need? If you don't need anything past the decimal you can just count leading zeros to get the base-2 log, then divide by the base-2 log of e. If you want higher precision, Hacker's Delight might (not sure) have a better way to compute base-2 log in fixed-point.

What the hell do you even need a base-e logarithm for in embedded software?
>>
>>28796054
I believe this will be just a x y problem

>>28797986
or this
>>
>>28798059
>I believe this will be just a x y problem
Seems likely. But it's also fun to think about weird bit-twiddling hacks.
>>
>>28798223
indeed.

You can just probably find the algorithm somewhere.

But best would be just to use floating point.
If not floating point available, then you're in for some tough shit
>>
>>28798241
Well, he said there's no hardware floats on whatever device this is for. To me, that's the main reason it looks like an X-Y problem: natural logs aren't commonly used outside of numerical code, but there's no way he's running numerical code on a device with no floating point support.
>>
>>28798267
implement fp then
>>
>>28798277
kek

There are libraries for that but they are dog slow
>>
File: 1477181214120.jpg (247KB, 1000x866px) Image search: [Google]
1477181214120.jpg
247KB, 1000x866px
Hey thread. Can we talk about engines?

Assuming I wanted to make a 2D MLP game, but while maintaining enough anonymity to be insulated from copyright shenanigans. So not a proprietary engine that requires the game to be registered, tags every build with personal info, or feeds data back to the publishers like I'm pretty sure Unity does.

Are there any options left for a fairly robust 2D engine or am I literally stuck coding something from scratch or using an open-source library like Three.js?

Would pirating a copy of Game Maker or whatever else be a way to circumvent this?
>>
File: Steam.png (219KB, 1366x745px) Image search: [Google]
Steam.png
219KB, 1366x745px
I've never considered myself to be much of an artist. I managed to get a hold of a copy of CS5 and just sat down and played with it. Fast forward a few months and I understood the fundamentals. The problem was is that I never had that drive to sit down and draw. Then suddenly one night I sat down with a cup of tea and opened up Photoshop. I just kept going till I liked it. Didn't realise it was morning till I was done with it. Gave me a new found respect for all artists, shadows are a bitch to get right.
>>
>>28798302
Might check out Godot engine. It's similar to Game Maker but open-source, so it's probably not doing anything shady.

Another possibility is to do what Starswirl Academy is doing, and give all characters non-canon names by default, but make it easily moddable. Then you are unlikely to get C&D'ed, and you can let somebody else publish the trademark-infringing canon names mod.
>>
>>28798302
open sauce
>>
>>28798363
Godot looks great. Thanks anon.
>>
File: tumblr_od5ejv8SW91tjcb3io1_1280.jpg (546KB, 940x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od5ejv8SW91tjcb3io1_1280.jpg
546KB, 940x1280px
It's a little thing for pony beating mech in 90+. Not a video person at all, just thought this would be good to put here. Tell me what you guys think.
>pic related a draw I did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UghuAPv-0Bs
>>
>>28797882
It was during a panel at TrotCon lol. A nostaligia panel with the intent of looking at old gems and comparing them to new gems. A lot of people asked where the fuck your video has been their whole lives. It's pretty good.
>>
>>28798618
Top kekerooni man.

Simple yet practical. Will store this video in the favorites of some of our best moments.
>>
bump for love
>>
File: pone sprites.png (4KB, 431x172px) Image search: [Google]
pone sprites.png
4KB, 431x172px
>>28760615 here
This is a bunch of tracks I made for a game that I never ended up finishing
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9dupwfjx29js6b9/Unused%20MLP.zip?dl=0
Previews:
https://clyp.it/4bs2hpvr?token=d379f54175eafc430d5f43380ae86622
https://clyp.it/qtd1pmnx?token=cdae0a2aee824d7576d741eeabcf44b7
https://clyp.it/50dq3zer?token=abb2160b00cf49705ea43a9bce397210
>>
>>28798302
You worry too much. Hasbro are not the NSA.
>>
File: 1367851707164.gif (1MB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
1367851707164.gif
1MB, 500x270px
>>28799254
I'm not making any assumptions about what they are or are not willing to do. I only know that if the e-mail came I'd probably spit in their face just to be spiteful and I don't want to be that guy in the headlines who gets five years for making a My Little Pony porno game.
>>
>>28743702
I started this digital painting months ago, but forgot about it after getting frustrated by the wing. If anyone just tells me it's not shit I'll probably get around to finishing it soon.
>>
>>28799407
It's not shit.
Now go finish it, that texture effect is cute.
The mouth/muzzle feel a bit weird tho, can't really explain why. Maybe because she 3/4 and the muzzle is full profile - don't remember is they do it like that in the show.
>>
>>28799280
They didn't go after Tiarawhy. Are you bigger than him?
>>
>>28795525

Mmmh.

I have something you might like then.

It is very short, but I do like the movement of Carrot Top in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sDvQhD6MTw&user=Chirpachirp
>>
>>28788386

For the most part, there is very little reason to add one's comment to a video. At least for me. I know I used to be more active back before Google+ was implemented, but after the fact it just hasn't been the same.

Conversations are quickly buried with Google+, whereas before I could easily get notifications in my inbox and respond to them accordingly. There used to be a sense of more weight to the conversations that were had. Something substantial worth sustaining. These days comments are just a drop in a bucket. Meaningful conversation is buried, while rather... Idiotic comments like those that ask for thumbs up if you like a certain thing or not just discourages me from even bothering.

With regards to creators getting little feedback despite getting a large viewership and/or sub count, that appears to be a more recent phenomenon. Prior to Google+, you usually had at least 30+ comments to a video with a decent view count.
>>
>>28799968
Damn. That's kind of sad. Comments are really the only thing that is a reminder people like your content. Likes and views are just empty number.
>>
File: pinkamenagame.png (214KB, 524x900px)
pinkamenagame.png
214KB, 524x900px
>>28798363
That'll work. I have a game on Android at the moment called 'Pinkamena', it's sort of Town of Salem/Mafia/Werewolf whatever but with poners, changelings and serial-killer Pinkamena instead of people. All the poners names are randomly generated from a list of about 80 first and surnames, and while they look pretty much like pixel pastel ponies it's just about on the right side of infringement - as far as Google are concerned anyway.

This isn't the case with Amazon though, who flat-out refused to distribute the game, even though I pointed out there were no canon characters in it (not exactly true because 'Pinkamena' but I thought maybe they wouldn't be clued into that) but no dice, they absolutely would not have it.

Next update will have a custom-character thing so people have make their own ponies to go into the game, and if they choose to re-create the cast of MLP within the game's limitations, so be it - ain't nobody can do anything about that. So giving the option of character customization is another route to give the CnD's a body-swerve.
>>
>>28766660
another musicfag here, I tend to do traditional instrument recording, so I use Ableton Live

I think FL studio is also decent at traditional recording and production but it seems to be more geared for digital producers

Ableton Live is top comf
>>
>>28799514
He also never included the canon pony names in his stuff did he?
>>
>>28799237
That's some pretty cool stuff you got there anon
>>
>>28801841
Thanks, man. I think my favorite out of all of these is the battle set.
>>
File: Lightning2.gif (187KB, 667x375px) Image search: [Google]
Lightning2.gif
187KB, 667x375px
>>28798815
Nice, I'm glad people were able to enjoy it C:
>>
File: 1387153688778.gif (1MB, 807x624px) Image search: [Google]
1387153688778.gif
1MB, 807x624px
>page 9
>>
>>28802768
lol
>>
File: Twiliy_finaleee.png (2KB, 120x90px) Image search: [Google]
Twiliy_finaleee.png
2KB, 120x90px
Some kind of test image for the arduino and tvout library.
Nothing that will ever be usefull, but, hey, if it suits you, better here than deleted...
>>
File: [Clapping Intensifies].gif (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
[Clapping Intensifies].gif
3MB, 1280x720px
>>28799237
Holy guacamolee !

This is splendid anon !
>>
>>28799237
These are nice. Did you make those sprites, too?
>>
>>28803951
>>28803967
Thank you. Yeah, the sprites are mine.
>>
>>28803596
how does it work?
>>
File: IMG_20150403_232504.jpg (3MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150403_232504.jpg
3MB, 2592x1944px
>>28803996
Ho well, the arduino generates the analog video thanks to tvout library. Nothing particularly fancy.

I toyed with the idea of a small game on the arduino, but it realy lacks memory and power.

I mean, you can do it, but, really, you don't want to.

Pic related : even older aborted tests...
>>
File: pinkaWhatsUp.gif (887KB, 475x484px) Image search: [Google]
pinkaWhatsUp.gif
887KB, 475x484px
made a pinkamena rig in anime studio out of curiousity, now I dunno what to do with it
>>
>>28804180
Post it somewhere. Maybe Derpibooru? I'm sure they'll like it.
>>
>>28804068
The AVR arduinos are pretty limited but the ARM ones are a lot more powerful. Arduino Due is 84MHz with 96kB SRAM, compared to 16MHz and 2kB for the Uno. It might not be easy, but you could definitely make a simple game on that.
>>
>>28804216
Yes, I can make a game with that.
Even with a simple atmega328.
But I kind of prefer to develop for PC, where I can use colors, musics and 3D.

Plus, spreading my work is easier on PC...

But, hey, maybe one day I shall work on it again...
>>
File: anon.png (8KB, 490x590px) Image search: [Google]
anon.png
8KB, 490x590px
>no talent + colorblind = horror
>>
>>28804180
Can you do a full head rotation in anime studio? Or is it limited to what you did here?
>>
>>28804180
What's the best program for easy smooth animation? Flash CS6, Toonboom, AnimeStudio or something else?
>>
>>28806754
According to a video I saw from FlippinDingDong, He said Toonboom. And I agree with him after seeing his videos.

However I don't know any explanation beyond that.
>>
>>28806706
I can do a full rotation aswell, Ill show you next week

>>28806754
I don't have that much experience with other 2d programs, but if flippindingdong says that toonboom is the best at fluent animations then he's probably right. Nevertheless, you can do neat stuff with Animestudio aswell, i just wish there were more and better tutorials for it
>>
>>28806974
>>28807040
ToonBoom is used by Disney to animate stuff like Penn Zero Part Time Hero.
>>
>>28807066
Oh interesting.

I hear more and more animators switch to it these days since some consider Flash Pro a flop.

All this while I am over here sucking my own dick on After Effects pretending to be one of the cool kids.
>>
>>28807317
After effects is great for motion graphics and postpro, but id avoid using is for frame to frame or puppet animation, the duik plugin has failed me too often already
>>
I just uploaded a new video, I hope you won't mind me sharing it here, I can see you guys have very interesting discussions here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH9GOQEda7A

I tried to make much simpler PMV this time, since I believed it suited the song. I also made the video as a follow-up to another PMV, which would be this one.

https://youtu.be/HdLlGgDQmzo

All of my PMVs recently are somehow related to another to paint somehow a bigger picture and a story. Something I worked on for quite some time, here are all the PMVs and how they all are supposed to connect chronogically in this playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYIe6XJ11QmkXfLWvCWCVOOUJSgEQRjlA

It's not done, the parts that are missing in the playlist are just left in as just songs that may or may not be another future PMVs which will be a follow up to another one.

When it is all done I plan to mash all these PMVs together and upload them all as one big video. Under the playlist's title.

Also, free bumb to you all.
>>
I wish Not a Clever Pony was alive.
>>
>>28807040
Thanks! I'm just curious as to how it works with the turns. Do you make the pieces of say front view and side view and it tweens the inbetween turn, or do you like resize the piece somehow?
>>
File: Compliation Portrait.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Compliation Portrait.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Bumping with something that made my day.

My jackets for our business came in today pic related.

I highly recommend Land's End for business apparel for anyone wanted to brand their names in jackets and stuff. They have great customer service.
>>
>>28809403
Its partly interpolation between side and front view and partly removing/hiding objects, if you're patient I can upload a small gif after the weekend which shows it more clearly
>>
>>28809485
my man
nice jacket and thanks for the recommendation, will check it out

>>28807040
>full rotation aswell
hype
>>
>>28804180
The "muzzle" (nose?) looks like a thin fin sticking out of the middle of her face. Perhaps giving her nostrils would make it look more like the thing it's supposed to be.
>>
File: Clarp.gif (535KB, 304x367px) Image search: [Google]
Clarp.gif
535KB, 304x367px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLQ3KsKhMB4
:^)
>>
File: 1461432897620.jpg (37KB, 500x500px)
1461432897620.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>>28808049
Not available in my country.

Also I think we could really use a compendium of all helpful links and stuff.
Like freeware tools like this or something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngvtZZGbwaI
This youtube discussion makes me dream about contenttube. A site focused about actual content and the creative prozess and education instead of cat videos and reaction vids.
But even that would have big difficulties even if it would make money.
>>
File: Screenshot_67.png (15KB, 448x162px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_67.png
15KB, 448x162px
>>28811094
> Not available in my country.

I'm sorry, 90% of my videos are like this. I've been trying to upload my videos to daylimotion and Viemo for people who have it blocked in their country, basically people who are from Germany, since Germany is getting blocked all the time across majority of copyrighted songs.
>>
I made a dumb thing in about five minutes and boy am I proud of how productive I've been today.

https://youtu.be/6obqYYsKAwE
>>
>>28811792
Good job Anon, you killed the whole fucking thread.
>>
>>28812353
>giving one anon this much credit
>being this mad
>>
>>28811792
9/11
>>
>>28811792
> bad lip sync
> terrible quality
> no explosion
> no ancipation

poorly memed
>>
>>28762696
It's dangerously approaching, but I'm not sure it quite counts unless there's fingers or toes involved.
>>
Bum
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gah8FnYSypk

What happened to eurobeat brony?
>>
>>28814408
I don't know, but he doesn't seem to be ded: https://odysseymusic.bandcamp.com/track/lunas-future-euro-cast-mix-ft-odyssey

He's honestly one of the best musicians, and one of the few who can write good lyrics.
>>
>>28814408
Nothing, he is still around, sometimes visits and works on music. It's just that he is not only Eurobeat Brony, so not all his projects are pone.
>>
>>28815030
ty
>>
>>28816386
>>
>>28817465
>>
>>28811792
>not using jump scary ponk
>>
http://daydreamanatomy.bandcamp.com
i have a new physical album for sale to help me replace my pc which was fried.
im typing on a ps vita tv, i hate it.
>>
>>28819793
How does typing work there
>>
Another friendly bumb from your friendly neighbourd, the bumb man
>>
>>28819793
Don't you also have a Patreon and some ideas for a Kickstarter?

I can't do Kickstarter cause I'm an europoor. I'd need a swedish, US, UK based bank in order to have my money deposited there.
Paypal also doesn't support any of my country's banks. In theory I could get the money on paypal, but good luck taking it out. It would be Amazon all over again where you buy expensive shit to resell in real life.
>>
File: export-fbx-0.png (266KB, 960x1040px) Image search: [Google]
export-fbx-0.png
266KB, 960x1040px
How to Export an Imported Source Model or Animation as FBX to be Imported Into Unity

If exporting an animation, you don't need to do the pose thing.

Steps prior to this are straightforward. Decompile with Crowbar, all settings to defaults. Import into Blender with Source Tools, all settings to defaults.
>>
>>28822435
>>
>>28822445

Uh, when exporting, make sure your settings look like pics related.
>>
>>28822451
>>
File: export-fbx-4-animation.png (20KB, 240x360px) Image search: [Google]
export-fbx-4-animation.png
20KB, 240x360px
>>28822460

I've tested these settings with randomly selected models and animations from ponysfm.com. Some animations need serious cleaning up before being usable (how did they use them in SFM?). You can do that either in Blender or Unity.
>>
>>28813565
It's anatomically anthro. What use is the finger/toe metric when you can draw the hands and toes out of view? And what about amputees?
>>
File: 1475459571208.gif (646KB, 512x481px) Image search: [Google]
1475459571208.gif
646KB, 512x481px
bumb :DD
>>
File: then.jpg (132KB, 531x926px) Image search: [Google]
then.jpg
132KB, 531x926px
I like this thread a lot.
So many creative people and awesome stuff.
Information and advice for beginners as well as discussion.

But then I see how much I got done in all this time.
I start with the thought that I have a whole month to get better or to actually have something done that I can present.
A whole month later and I see how little I improved and how little a made.
>>
>>28824806
It's okay, it's been 21 years and I still haven't learned to draw.

Someday.
>>
>>28824815
do yo uwant to learn
>>
>>28824806
Snail's pace anon, nobody gets good overnight
>>
>>28824873
I have a lot of respect for artists, because that's one of the thing I deeply suck at.

I really wish I could draw, but I guess I don't have the motivation to actually spend the time to git gud.
Every time I try to doodle something, it looks like shit and I don't seem to get better.

I've saved some links from the draw thread and maybe sometime I'll get to reading them.
>>
>>28824891
There's discords for chat uploading and motivation if you want
>>
>>28824935
>chat uploading and motivation
Not sure what that is, but I don't really like discord in general, it often turns into a circlejerk.
>>
>>28824956
understandable, just post art then
>>
>>28824975
I would, but I'm legitimately terrible. A good 8 year old can draw better than me.

The thing is I don't really know where to start to get gud.
I can barely even copy someone else's drawing, let alone draw from memory.
>>
>>28824994
What have you tried?
>>
>>28825013
I've tried copying other people in hope that I'd get into my head the basic shapes of things, but turns out I can't even really do that, my copy looks all misshapen as if I can't draw any lines properly.
I tried doodling random shit in front of me, and if it's simple shit it looks okay, but it never really looks good and if I try drawing someone's face or anything more complicated than a simple object I have no idea what to do and it turns out terrible.

To be honest I haven't tried very hard, and that's probably why I suck. But with the complete lack of success when I do try I'm not sure what to do.
>>
>>28825052
Hmmm, have you drawn a sphere?
>>
File: anAttemptWasMade.jpg (415KB, 1460x1116px) Image search: [Google]
anAttemptWasMade.jpg
415KB, 1460x1116px
>>28825091
Well, I can try.

I didn't have a pencil on hand though, so I used an old pen, and I guess the shadow didn't really come out right..
>>
>>28825148
That's pretty good, what if you made it 5 times bigger?

You see, drawing things big has the advantage that you don't have to do a lot of effort to draw details.
>>
>>28825174
Thanks!
It's 2 AM here and I need to be up in 5 so I'll go hibernate for a while, but I'll post results in the morning.
>>
File: 1446742447114.png (169KB, 650x550px)
1446742447114.png
169KB, 650x550px
>>28743758
Hey, it's you. I know you.

Also, posting some cancer I was asked to make, and now only make for my friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO1_5zWGhhE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkPKPkjsW9g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO0p8yJuwoY

Working on the fourth now, and just as the previous ones are, it's going to be shit. Nothing else on my channel is worth watching unless you like watching people suck dick at Dark Souls.
>>
>>28755962
>https://vid.me/y8Z3
yup, it's dank.

>>28787578
I into blender and python. Whatchu about 'non?
>>28788418
Lolz, I like ur vidz anon. I've gotten into animatin' pornz a bit. I really enjoy having a following that I can only assume jerks it to my stuffz, but it is weird. S3rl is good music.

I've started animating porn (poorly) Some of it is size fetish content, some pony, some both. Only click if you're ok with weird:
snuggleproxy.deviantart.com
>>
File: wip.png (44KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wip.png
44KB, 1600x1200px
working on requests
>>
>>28826034
D-Do you always sketch quick first then do a second layer
>>
>>28826043
I do a light red sketch layer first, then try and figure out where I'm gonna like with dark red and then a final black line art layer.
>>
File: 1447427535486.jpg (1MB, 3840x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1447427535486.jpg
1MB, 3840x1080px
bump
>>
mmm what's going on in this thread
>>
>>28825959
I want to automate Blender like this:

blender.exe --convert-ponies infile.qc outfile.fbx

And it would follow the steps I described in >>28822435 and some others I currently do in Unity.
>>
>>28787991
>And don't get me wrong, a few of those videos are good and they just rely on sketchy thumbnails to get people to watch their stuff. But fuck it is plain unethical imo. If they are not really in it for the money, why do they treat content creation as if they are?

When I joined Frederator they handed me a PDF that detailed guidelines for capitalizing on clickbait-y thumbnails. It listed just about every trick you can imagine, but the sad part is that it just werks (tm).

Of course, Frederator didn't mandate it, but it was still a sad thing to see.
>>
>>28788690
>It's always been on my mind what these huge pony channels are going to do when they can't pay their bills on ad revenue and patreon dollars.
I was never able to pay for my bills with the money I got through pony content, but it was still a nice bonus to have when my yearly income is limited.

>Also, what degree are you going for?
I'm going for a software engineering degree.
>>
>>28825519
I had a good laugh.
Thank you.
>>
>>28828636
Whether that's at me or with me I'm glad. I'm currently working on the fourth, even if it'll take a week or two, I will finish it.
>>
File: rotatoponk.gif (1MB, 938x527px)
rotatoponk.gif
1MB, 938x527px
>>28809527
as promised there´s a small gif where I colored the different layers so you see it clearer how it works. The spot on her forehead is a borderless pink vector area which covers up her right eye when she looks to the side. All the other layers are just vector areas which I deform from side to front view, it sometimes needs some tweaking in between.
Sorry that I didn´t do a full rotation, got bored and it´s pretty much the same thing lateron, just with animating the layer hierachy so you can put her back hair to the front etc

I´ll make one additional small animation with it and then move on to other things, simply wanted to try the fake 3d head rotation since it sorta fascinated me
>>
>>28829509
woops fucked up her right nostril thaha
>>
>>28829518
and right eye
>>
>>28828044
You run a linux box? If so, I've got this. If not, I maybe, but probably don't got this.
The incantation will probably be more like:
blender --background --python myscript.py infile.qc outfile.fbx
Or maybe it'll be a python / bash script that calls blender. Like:
python qc2fbx.py infile.qc outfile.fbx
You ok with opening a script and changing a path if you are running blender from a nonstandard location?

What's the other stuff you do in unity?
>>28829509
This is inspiring anon. Such a cool way of doing 3d2d. I've only done full 3d in blender, or full 2d in krita. But now I'm curious.
>>
File: SEO 1.png (34KB, 1137x246px) Image search: [Google]
SEO 1.png
34KB, 1137x246px
>>28788690

Simple. You do what SFS and switch to something else.

At this point in time, the pony fandom seems to have burnt out most of its creative content creators. More importantly, its relevance as far as Google is concerned. There might be some outstanding creator of pony works out there on sites like YouTube, but as far as Google is concerned, that horse show has since become a dated memory. Thus their SEO reflects that. In other words, it is no longer in the interest of anyone that does pony work whose goal is to become well known or even make some sliver of income to supplement what you are already making.

Hell, it seems that enthusiasm for fan creator content has waned all across the board in the fandoms that I have kept a close eye on, what with the increasing rates of them being hit with C&Ds by the copyright holders. (Looking at you Nintendo.) Granted on a strictly legal level they are in the right to do so. Ethically and on marketing PR standpoint on the other hand...

My point is that coupled with how Hasbro has been putting down most any content creator who even is perceived of getting big, you end up with fan works being buried under the radar or not even seeing the light of day. So why even bother with the fandom if that is to be your fate?

There are a few still out there, such as those working with SFM (Anyone have a list of active ones?) and a few animators stubbornly sticking to this fandom, but even still that is being chipped away at by internal drama. Like with 2Snack apparently having their work paraded around by some pathological liar at Cons.

At that point, either you stick to the more long standing fandoms like Pokemon, go indie, or professional and never look back. I.E: Rina Chan / Melee Princess. I can still remember her from working with Kirb's Brawl Taunts.

>>28789860
Either High School or College level. That's what I found in my personal experience.
>>
>>28828110

Click bait is what sells these days.

In fact, it seems almost every other video or so has clickbait elements to it. Part of the reason why I believe that may be the case is that Google's metadata picks up on some keywords, and promotes them in the recommended or trending section of YouTube.

You either make YouTube money or get buried.

>>28788418
Sounds like quite the hassle to edit and organize. But the effort is appreciated.

Hell, I have spent hours organizing my own stash that I have on my computer. To the point where after hours of looking at porn while sorting them into their respective folders, it just doesn't do much anymore unless I leave it for a while. What you are doing much be that twicefold. So kudos to you chap.

You wouldn't happen to know of where one could find some semi-realistic animations or regular semi-realistic pony porn would you? Derpibooru has more than half of them untagged. (Image related).
>>
>>28829833
>Part of the reason why I believe that may be the case is that Google's metadata picks up on some keywords, and promotes them in the recommended or trending section of YouTube.

When a video is brand new and has not been properly measured by Google's analytics it will look for keywords and tags that the user sets in their video. So not only is it about using specific wording for titles, it also looks into video descriptions (it will assume videos with similar descriptions as being part of the same series of videos, etc), but also tags can matter a lot for the first couple of hours/days.
>>
>>28746246
p
>>
File: 6.jpg (95KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
95KB, 960x540px
Draw/Writefag here - Real great thread going on here, Anons. I appreciate the reads. You all have some wonderful insight.

I suppose the biggest thing on my plate, aside from the post-college rush to get a job, is trying to find a good bunch of dudes to chat with about art. I'm mostly alone out here in the 'Verse and I have no one to really speak to about improving/learning techniques.

I've switched pretty much all of my artistic ventures onto CS6, so learning brushes and shit, and in general, enjoying PS much more than SAI. But that being said, I don't really have anyone to share it with. I post shit, log off, get back to life. It kind of hurts my personal productivity when you don't get any feedback, and I'm already not very fast.

Other than that, I just am busy with my own shit. I want to work on stuff pony, and I would love to do collaborations, but again, I don't know who to talk to or how to really start a conversation online because I don't know any other fellow artists.

It's a bit lonely!

Sorry if I'm bitching, but it's just a general "how I feel" kind of post. As some consolation, I added a random page from one of my old sketch books.
>>
>>28830627
hang out at the drawthread maybe

also posts like this will not be well recieved in the future newfriend
>>
>>28830694
>also posts like this will not be well recieved in the future
Not him but is that considered too much of a blogpost?
>>
>>28830916
The purpose of the thread is for content creators to share their shit in the first place, so for this thread, it's acceptable. barely
imho
>>
>>28830627
Y-Yes, YES

TALK ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS
DO IT
NOW
>>
>>28831095
>>28831013
I can that their post is somewhat off the topic of content creation, but it's also kinda at the heart of content creation.
Also I feel much the same way
>>28830627
You'd do much better making friends on da than here. Here is a place were everyone is the angsty ball of contradictions named anon.
>>
File: secondAttempt.jpg (672KB, 1920x2560px)
secondAttempt.jpg
672KB, 1920x2560px
>>28825182
>>28825174
So I'm a bit late but I did try!

I don't really know what to think of it, it doesn't look very good to me since it's more of a potato than a circle and the shadow is super unnatural, but should I just practice drawing sphere?
>>
>>28831377
yes, a lot.
Try cubes, try cones, pyramids, then more difficult figures.

Then try buildings.
They're just smaller cubes in cubes.
Then try Cities, they're just collections of buildings.

This should take you a week of constant work.
http://mlpg.co/art/res/23.html
>>
>>28831430
Okay, but how do I go from simple geometric shapes to a whole city or even just one building?
I always get the proportions atrociously wrong and no matter how many times I erase and redraw it ends up tragically misshapen.
>>
>>28831446
first, never, ever, EVER focus on the details, until the big shape is "right".
2nd, well that is harder but I sometimes just put the dots first, then I join the dots.
>>
File: TSBooks.png (604KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TSBooks.png
604KB, 1280x720px
>>28831522
Alright, I'll start simple and I'll see how that works out.

Thanks a bunch, anon. Even if it's probably super simple stuff to you, it really helps.
>>
bum
>>
>>28831446
You're prolly gunna wanna head over to /ic/
You have my permission to ignore anything mean they say, but they will recommend all the trade tricks I know of and more.
Also check this thread for some info on sphere rendering:
4chan.org/ic/thread/2729721
It helps with understanding how light works, but is probably not needed until you do a lot with basic form construction.
>>
bump for best thread in neo-mlp
>>
File: L3.gif (153KB, 667x375px)
L3.gif
153KB, 667x375px
Animated some Lightning FX for a semi mlp related project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svYpKwhmhUA&feature=youtu.be
>>
Gotta say. This is the best content thread yet. 2 month wait payed off, do you guys agree?
>>
>>28834607
I haven't been in these threads much before, but I'm liking this one.
>>
>>28834607
no, let's have these more often
>>
>>28834947
It used to be monthly before, people told me it was not quite so good since content takes time to make, so the latest thread which had a month wait was quite slow.
>>
>>28831430
>http://mlpg.co/art/res/23.html
that's kinda cool
>>
>>28829632
Windows, but it should not matter too much. I can into Linux just fine, and I know some Python too. It's Blender that's the blind spot for me.

If you're serious about this, how do we get in touch? You can hop on the Discord chat, for example ( https://discord.gg/3Bjjb ). My username there is AnsisMalins.
>>
File: PootSquad.png (289KB, 523x480px) Image search: [Google]
PootSquad.png
289KB, 523x480px
>>28743702
i guess i'll barge the fuck in to advertise my shit, if it's actually okay to shill yourself for once on this board?

my magnum opus, a PMV that honestly everyone should watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t46PNb-sUp4

my most popular as well as the memiest video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN1oygfaHVs

and a comfy season 1 esque pmv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Eu2Clx7D4Y

also the state of the fandom in a nutshell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKvUMrMMY4o
>>
File: Original.jpg (872KB, 2448x4080px) Image search: [Google]
Original.jpg
872KB, 2448x4080px
i tried to draw rainbow dash
>>
>>28835791
that's pretty good, do more
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 259x194px
>>28833322
WITNESSED
>>
>>28829509
really interesting, thanks!
>>
After working daily on my rick and morty thin for 2 months i finally feel like i can actually do some justice to horse porns animation.

Since i dumped flash entirely it'll have to be a video. I'm thinking sorta like how i'd make a youtube animation except it would be lewd. Current idea is flutters + estrus, but how the scene is gonna go is up in the air.
>>
>>28807066
And for the MLP movie too...
>>
>>28836431
I've only ever worked in flash, but I've noticed a lot of creators like yourself are moving on to toonboom. Why is that? Is it just better?
>>
>>28836963
If you're interested in straight up animation, then something like toonboom gives you more consistent results, among other things.

For Flash you need to do a bunch of unintuitive things just have your lines look good with the brush tool, among other things.
>>
I accidentally found this when searching for lyrics on Google:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_music_considered_the_worst

If you wanted something to make a PMV out of...
>>
>>28836988
This list is a pure delight for cheesy music, thank anon.

Although, checked.
>>
So I imported an equestria grills model into blender, but how the fuck do you move anything?
>>
>>28837488
You should have bones that you can manipulate, depending on the mode you're in.
>>
>>28837488
read the manual
>>
>>28837488
Here, print this out and keep it on hand.
>>
>>28837986
trump is winning at the time of this bump
>>
>>28838284
Trump is still winning by about the same margin as of this later bump.
>>
>>28838936
At the time of this bump, trump will win american presidency
>>
>>28836963
For everything animated related, it's just so much faster and easier to do. From rigs to joints to scenes, you arent fighting the program once you learn it. Flash is just inherently broken and you animate by working around those problems (flash still doesn't even have proper z-depth layer shifting, makin you copy pate layers back and forth to move an object if say you want ah and to go behind body, where in toonboom it's one click to shift in z-space back or forward).
>>
File: ExpansionOfTheLunaRepublic.jpg (296KB, 666x390px) Image search: [Google]
ExpansionOfTheLunaRepublic.jpg
296KB, 666x390px
>>28779237
>>28787397
here is the cover, must only draw some pones on it and stuff.
the original is bigger.
the music itself is something ambiance, experimental shit- every track 15:00
I post link when its complete
>>
Voicefag from earlier in the thread.

Trump has won the presidency, here is my tribute to him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kZzx_79uiw
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-09-20-18-03.png (250KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-09-20-18-03.png
250KB, 768x1024px
WIP FaceAnon.

Thoughts?
>>
>>28841050
Not enough details to say anything yet. It's okay, I guess
>>
>>28841050
I'd like to see that more zoomed out, so I could comment on the whole head and not just face.

For one thing though, their left eye (right from our perspective) is a bit wonky, or "droopy" in that it extends downwards in a weird fashion. Makes it seem like the lower eyelid is stretched, or damaged in some fashion.
>>
>>28743994
I have plans for something along those lines but I'd rather not make promises.
What I want to do is make a tactical RPG with a system vaguely similar to D&D3.5.

It will probably take me something in the magnitude of years to complete.

If things go very well I'll release a demo without combat mechanics but with the ability to walk around ponyville and talk with the ponies in march/april of 2017.
'Very well' meaning that I'm not getting fucked by my university studies and that I feel motivated to actually work on anything.

>>28745160
I feel you, lost a lot of progress to that shit.
>>
>>28843101
>pony vidya
>probably take [...] years to complete
>[assuming] I'm not getting fucked by my university studies

Are you me? What are you coding in?

I feel you man, keep going strong
>>
>>28843215
I'm coding it in java.
Yes, I know the language has drawbacks, I mostly chose it for external factors, like the fact that it will probably run on modern computers for decades in case it ever gets finished.
>>
>>28843297
Neat
>>
>>28843297
C# get the same benefits, but with more stable tools, better designed and better documented libraries, and you can use Unity with it (which mean easy Virtual Reality compatibility for your games).
Also it's backed by Micro$oft, a company that has much more chance to still exist in a decade than fucking Oracle.
Thread posts: 445
Thread images: 111

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.