[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this REALLY what people want?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 13

File: Guardians of Harmony Cover.jpg (324KB, 800x1213px) Image search: [Google]
Guardians of Harmony Cover.jpg
324KB, 800x1213px
Seriously, is this what the fandom wants?
Can't we just have cozy slice of life without any violence or fighting like Season 1? And a finale without any fighting or adventure?
>>
I want Glimmer dead.
>>
>>28719732
>fandom wants
Hasjew is out to make shekels, plain and fucking simple, just ignore this if you don't like it.
>>
>>28719755
>Hasjew is out to make shekels
And they do that by making what the fans want. They don't make stuff that the fandom DOESN'T want because that won't sell.
>>
>>28719732
honestly they should've done this years ago.
then the epic adventure stories could be their own thing, and the show could be entirely slice of life. everyone's happy.
>>
>>28719768
>stuff the fandom doesn't want that wont sell
funny, they added a fairly oddbaby and a table map that were supposed to sell.
>>
>>28719732
Yes, it is what sells. And since the toyline is doing well we're going to see more of it.
>>
>>28719809
Flurry heart is selling; the little girls love it.
and the table was never meant to be a toy.
>>
the SoL still makes up the majority of the show fuckwad
>>
>>28719801
>and the show could be entirely slice of life. everyone's happy.

Hell no, that'd be TERRIBLE. The fact that the group, despite living normal lives, band together to defend others is one of the best parts of the series.
I like my mix of adventure and slice of life thank you.
>>
>>28719855
>"Mix" of adventure and slice of life
>Four, maybe five episodes out of a 26 episode season have any semblance of adventure, if we're lucky

GoH will save us.
>>
>>28719732
>Can't we just have cozy slice of life without any violence or fighting like Season 1?
East a duck. S1 had action in between the SoL.

If you said that S1 had better, more varied action, I might agree. But you didn't.
>>
>>28719874
The comic isn't going to "save" anything except some stock art for more cutie marks.
>>
>>28719897
Fosgitt has nothing to do with the Guardians of harmony comics, and he never will.
>>
File: 1473122828184.png (439KB, 608x626px) Image search: [Google]
1473122828184.png
439KB, 608x626px
>>28719897
>Fosgitt
>>
>>28719874
20-25% isn't a bad ratio.
>>
>>28719918
>>28719921
>>28719928
How the hell does he keep getting work on these comics?!
>>
>>28719732
I'd like a mix, honestly. I'd be perfectly happen to have a premiere/finale without fighting or adventure, if it meant we could spread the adventure out over the season a bit more.

But I will admit, it was the adventurous aspect of the show that got me here in the first place. Way back in S1, I didn't get roped in because I was enthralled by the characters yet. I got roped in because the setting seemed ripe for fantasy adventures:
> Hot damn, that Nightmare bitch just tried to blot out the fucking sun
> Where the fuck did a griffon come from? This is Equestria; is there a Griff-ia or something
> Holy fuck look at that star bear! It's hug- THE PARENT IS EVEN BIGGER!
> Woah, there's an entire cloud city.
That was what convinced me to stick around long enough to begin really liking the characters. Without that, I'd probably have just wandered on to something else. Without that, I don't know how long I'd really stick around - although with the utter hackjob they've been doing of it in general lately, I've already got one leg off the ride.
>>
File: 1467981625183.png (395KB, 500x559px) Image search: [Google]
1467981625183.png
395KB, 500x559px
>>28719918
>>28719921
As far as we know. But it's also being written by the guy who wrote Princless.
>>
File: large.jpg (163KB, 691x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
163KB, 691x1024px
>>28719963
Are ALL of them being written by whitley? Or just some?
>>28719962
It'd be neat if they had more Single episode adventure episodes and did a "monters of the week" type group of adventure episodes each season.

Like instead of having a handful of Map episodes, have 3-6 "Adventure" episodes where one of the mane six gets the spotlight and solo fights a Monster or villain that shows up ala digimon.
>>
>>28719732
>Can't we just have cozy slice of life without any violence or fighting like Season 1?

That's literally what S6 was though
Small scale, character driven conflicts localized to a few locations per episode
>>
>>28719986
>what was the Finale
>what was the Premier
>what was Gauntlet of fire

How about a finale like Best night ever? And a Premier that's like that too?
>>
>>28719986
S6 still had a few adventure episodes. Stranger Than Fan Fiction and Gauntlet of Fire come to mind.
>>
>>28719963
That page is retarded, Fair also means just "good looking" without white connotation.

There's like 30 different meanings for the word.
>>
>>28719976
Eh... not sure how hot I'd be on that.

I don't know if anyone here remembers the old 90s show Babylon 5, but they had a really good thing going: Most episodes were a self-contained story that tended towards more slice-of-life-ey; the screen time of those was used to develop characters and set them up emotionally to make the big decisions later on. Of course, when shit really hit the fan they'd wrap up plot points from a bunch of individual episodes to all contribute towards the next major storyline jump.

That's what I'd favor in FiM as well: You use the Slice Of Life episodes to set up your cast for a handful of major advances in an overall plot arc during your adventure episodes.
>>
>>28719963
Not all of them, though. And these stories are basically written by Hasbro from what I've heard.
>>
>>28719732
The best rated episodes on /mlp/ are a good mix of adventure and slice of life, so I would say it's what people want.

>>28719976
>>28720017
And if Ted "let's ruin Filthy Rich for the sake of a US election analogue" Anderson handles part of it, that would be better? The comics are fucked no matter how you slice it.
>>
>>28720009
>You use the Slice Of Life episodes to set up your cast for a handful of major advances in an overall plot arc during your adventure episodes.

That sounds like Season 4 and its box/keys plot.
>>
>>28720038
They basically have no creative freedom. Hilariously when that happens with IDW they actually make their best comics.
>>
File: 1463846887160.jpg (72KB, 628x414px) Image search: [Google]
1463846887160.jpg
72KB, 628x414px
>>28719732
>>
>>28719921

>dandy price
>>
>>28720041
Honestly, that formula was a great idea in theory. The actual rainbow power was kind of shit, though, and the treebrary's destruction still stings.
>>
>>28720042
>Hasbro meddling ruins the show
>It makes the comics great

What fuckery is this?
>>
>>28720050
Turns out that though the show writers may be hacks to some extent, the comic writers are such hacks even corporate mandates provide better ideas than they have normally.
>>
>>28720048
Rainbow power would have been great if it was more unique and had a good looking design; Like how they had individual powers in Power ponies or In LOE, rainbow power should have been a unique ability for all of them instead, with decent armor/costumes like their gala dresses or fanart of them wearing armor.
>>
>>28720054
Given that they were likely going by some shitty toy designs, I guess we can just be thankful it was restricted to a mercifully brief "win" button. It's probably all Meghan could do to downplay it.
>>
OK FAGGOTS EVERYONE HEAR THIS
Half of the fandom prefers adventure and lore, while the other half prefers comfy slice of life ponies
If you want lore, these writers are far from being Tolkien, so dont get your hopes up anytime, you werent scammed with "explore equestria" you deeply knew what was going to happen
If you want ponies doing dumb thing all the day like in s1 theres a lot of anime pandering to you on the japanese industry, still stuck here? Well, then nothing will make you leave the ride in a long time
>>
>>28720041
It is roughly what I was imagining, yes

Of course, I'd prefer the advances in the SoL episodes to be more meaningful than a macguffin that provides a deus-ex-machina at the last minute. If it's a physical object, have it directly relate to the objective they're trying to reach in the adventure arc. Maybe it's not even an object - maybe it's an emotional change or realization they come to.
>>
>>28720137
I liked what S4 did with the connection between SoL and adventure at the end.
>>
File: Browsing The Imperial Library.jpg (70KB, 780x623px) Image search: [Google]
Browsing The Imperial Library.jpg
70KB, 780x623px
>>28719732
Back in 2011 when I gave the show a chance the only reason I finished the first episode instead of writing it all off as braindead kiddy faggotry and bailing was because they kicked it all off with an epic mythological battle.
This has always been the appeal. Since the opening fucking seconds. Besides the last """cozy""" finale you had S3, so good luck with that.
THE RIDE DON'T STOP AND IF YOU WAN' STOP WELL Y'ALL AIN'T ON THE RIDE
>>
File: [fandom intensifies].jpg (31KB, 316x322px) Image search: [Google]
[fandom intensifies].jpg
31KB, 316x322px
>>28719953
Because he's objectively the cutest.
>>
File: S M U G.png (2MB, 1885x889px) Image search: [Google]
S M U G.png
2MB, 1885x889px
>>28719768
>just becasue I don't want it means everyone else must not want it too
>>
>>28719732
Waaaaaaaaaaait a second. This is bait isn't it?
The finale didn't even have any fucking fighting. And the first half had FUCK ALL adventure.
GG OP SOB
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.