[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder: these 5 ponies have never had an important role in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

File: background ponies.png (1MB, 1090x614px) Image search: [Google]
background ponies.png
1MB, 1090x614px
Reminder: these 5 ponies have never had an important role in any two-parter finale other than being the victims to be saved or simple plot devices.

Trixie and Thorax have been more relevant to the plot in just one episode that these 5 ponies in all the previous finales together.

Now that Starlight is a main character more important than them, these 5 ponies will never, ever, have a relevant role in any two-parter.

Literally the only chance to see these 5 ponies having an adventure together will be the movie.

Thank you, Josh Haber. Great job.
>>
>>28711092
And nothing of value was lost
>>
>>28711092

Loving this meme.
>>
File: SRSLY ANON.gif (313KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
SRSLY ANON.gif
313KB, 750x750px
>caring about quality in a show for little girls
>>
File: gold star.png (91KB, 619x616px) Image search: [Google]
gold star.png
91KB, 619x616px
>>28711122
>oh no, someone who doesn't like muh glim glam posted something, I'll better pretend he's memeing
>>
File: image.jpg (197KB, 1088x1210px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197KB, 1088x1210px
>>28711092
We don't give a fuck.
I mean we don't give a fuck about the finales.
>>
>>28711335
>we don't give a fuck about the finales
It's been always pretty obvious, Josh.
>>
File: 1474671472351.jpg (79KB, 348x354px) Image search: [Google]
1474671472351.jpg
79KB, 348x354px
>>28711092
It only took you four years to figure that out?
>>
>>28711521
It took me four years to be completely mad about it. Until now, every finale was a wasted opportunity. It was "well, the mane 5 have been completely useless again, but maybe next year they'll use them in the finale." That's over now. Starlight is more important than them, the writers will never use the mane 5, that episode will never exist, there's literally no hope left. We moved from the "The Twilight Sparkle Show" to "The Starlight Glimmer Show."
At least I liked Twilight, she didn't deserve all the spotlight but she was there from the beginning. Starlight is a new character, introduced only to steal the spotlight from the other characters. There's no way this could've been done any worse. Not even any of those hatefags who hate the show could've fucked up everything so badly.
>>
>>28711092
>>28711569
>watching FiM for "muh finale"
You're doing it wrong.

>Until now, every finale was a wasted opportunity
And you have shit taste. (Best Night Ever exists)

>mane 5 DESERVE a finale because I say so
Please elaborate. Last time you bitched out; I can only assume that it was because you didn't have any real argument.
>>
>>28711092

>what is a canterlot wedding
>>
>>28711636
>And you have shit taste. (Best Night Ever exists)
What do you even mean by that? I didn't say anything about BNE. Don't you like BNE? Didn't it have enough laser battles for you, Anon? I'm sorry, but if you're watching My Little Pony for "muh ebin lazer battles" you're doing it wrong.
>mane 5 DESERVE a finale because I say so
Oh, I'm so sorry for watching The Itchy & Scratchy Show expecting to see episodes with Itchy and Scratchy. I forgot that now everyone has to love Poochie, and that the old characters aren't relevant anymore. My bad, I'll try not to hurt your feelings again, Poochiefag.
>>
>>28711714
How do you even approach this much autism in a single post
>>
>>28711714
>>>every finale was a wasted opportunity
>I didn't say anything about BNE.
Liar

>Don't you like BNE?
YOU said that it was a wasted opportunity, I quite liked it.

>I'm so sorry for watching The Itchy & Scratchy Show expecting to see episodes with Itchy and Scratchy
And you get that throughout the whole season, safe the finale. You expecting mane 5 to save the day isn't an argument for them deserving to save the day. ... again, no real argument here.
>>
>>28711757
>YOU said that it was a wasted opportunity, I quite liked it.
Every TWO-PARTER. Is BNE a TWO-PARTER, fucking retard?
>You expecting mane 5 to save the day isn't an argument for them deserving to save the day
Are you really asking why the main characters in a show should be the characters actually appearing in that show, and shouldn't be replaced with completely different characters out of nowhere for no fucking reason?
>>
>>28711765
>Every TWO-PARTER
Nowhere in the sentence (or the entire post) did you specify this.

>Are you really asking why the main characters in a show should be the characters actually appearing in that show
No. I'm asking why do you think they DESERVE to save the day IN A FINALE.
But if you feel like elaborating on why the initially main characters have to be the only characters that ever get to be in the spotlight, feel free to do so. The "mane 5" get plenty spotlight throughout the season.
>>
>>28711798
>Nowhere in the sentence (or the entire post) did you specify this
>why do you think they DESERVE to save the day IN A FINALE
Let me get this straight.

It's obvious that you and I had this conversation a couple of weeks ago. It's obvious, because you keep asking me "why do you think they DESERVE to save the day IN A FINALE", which is something that I didn't say in today's thread. Today I only said that they deserve a role, which is something quite different. Well, OK.

Now, for some reason, even when in the OP I wrote it's clearly specified that I'm talking only about two-parters, you pretend to ignore that, and you keep on insisting on that I have to write "two-parter" in every post I write, even if it's absolutely evident that nothing I said in that post could apply to BNE.

So, here's the thing, I'm not really sure how something I wrote in a different thread weeks ago is relevant here, but something I already wrote in this very thread must be repeated in every post.
>>
File: 1477098195785.jpg (166KB, 835x815px) Image search: [Google]
1477098195785.jpg
166KB, 835x815px
Cry me a fucking river
<
>>
>>28711846
Every separate statement you made is relevant here if it's related to the topic. And when you say "Until now, every finale", only implicitly referring to previous quantifiers, and explicitly using different quantifier ("every"), that's grossly ambiguous at best.

But do we really need to argue semantics here?

The point is, mane 5 get lots of airtime as it is, so why is them not having an important role every now and than so bad?
>>
>>28711923
I kindly agree to stop arguing semantics.

>why is them not having an important role every now and than so bad?

Well, they pretty much don't have an important role most of the time. They all have their share of episodes, but none of them have an important role all of the time. This is a show about six friends and most of the time they aren't even together. Compare this with Friends, where all the characters were almost always together. In this show there are only a few episodes where they all are together, some of them were the finales. And in some of the other episodes where they're together (Power Ponies, A Hearth's Warming Tail), "they" aren't really "they". There are also a few episodes where they're together and "they" are "they", of course, like The Saddle Row Review, but there aren't many of those. I think that's why so many people liked TSRR.

As for the finales, it's been established that they are, a few exceptions aside, the most important episodes. Not just in this show, it's something usual in other shows too, but in this show the writers made it even more obvious because finales are usually twice as large as regular episodes. It's not an interpretation, is what the staff want to tell.

Now, we have that, out of the few episodes the mane 6 used to be together, the writers decided to give one of them (the most "important", by the established interpretation of finales) to a new group of characters. That's pretty bad. But it's even worse because, after years using 5 of the 6 old characters as nothing more than cardboard cutouts, the writers give these new characters an actual role in the finale. It used to be one of the only chances to see the 6 ponies together, and the writers almost always fucked it up. The first time since The Best Night Ever that the writers actually write all the characters in the finale actually doing something, and those characters are different characters. That's lazy as fuck.

So that's pretty much my problem.
>>
>>28712166
The inherent problem with that is that the mane 6 already are too superhero-ish. If you want episode that has important implications for the universe, and have the mane 6 be the main characters of that episode, that makes it very easy to only further their superhero status, which doesn't fit well with rest of the season. Another problem is how long the show's been running for. The main characters are kinda played out, and you need something new and interesting for a good and memorable finale. This was done very well in the season 5 opener, but it is not easy to do. Maybe it was a wasted opportunity to have all of m6 together, but it was also "wasted" opportunity to write shitty and unmemorable finale. Similar premise just would not work with the mane 6, because it heavily relied on character interaction rather than on interesting setting.

>first time since The Best Night Ever that the writers actually write all the characters in the finale actually doing something
What the fuck is your problem? Season 5 opener had mane 6 doing shit and it was about as good as it gets, and that's not good enough for you? Fuck you and fuck your shit taste.
>>
File: nope.png (22KB, 629x148px) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
22KB, 629x148px
>>28712439
>The main characters are kinda played out, and you need something new and interesting for a good and memorable finale.
This line summarizes perfectly my problem. They never had a real two-parter finale, and now they're played out. How can they be played out for two-parter finales after having a relevant role in a grand total of zero two-parter finales? I think they're not, what I tried to say with my "idea" was, that's a scenario that's never been tried, they've never tried to save Twilight together. That's just one idea, the most obvious because it'd be similar to today's episode, but not the only one. And I'm not saying that I want exactly that, I'm using it as a example, to "prove" that something could be done with these characters.
However, this finale literally admits that the characters are played out for the writers. This finale is as much as saying "well, we're not even trying anymore, forget about the old characters, it's impossible to write for them."
>Similar premise just would not work with the mane 6, because it heavily relied on character interaction rather than on interesting setting.
But that's lazy writing. Even admitting that the mane 6 are played out, there's no reason not to write an interesting setting. The only reason why the setting wasn't interesting is because it was easier to make the whole episode rely on original interactions between characters who don't know well each other, and that obviously couldn't have been done with the mane 6. If the mane 6 (or the mane 5) had been the main characters, the setting should've been done better. So, fuck, no, it's not about the characters, it's just lazy writing.

>What the fuck is your problem? Season 5 opener had mane 6 doing shit and it was about as good as it gets, and that's not good enough for you?
Srsly, stahp.
>>
>>28712833
>Srsly, stahp.
Okay, I overlooked that, but why are so autistically fixated on finales? Openers are about as important, but you just completely ignore them? If your argument is "they never are the main characters of the episode when something important is happening", but that just falls apart if you actually look at the whole show, rather than your conveniently picked subset of episodes.
>>
>>28711636
>>mane 5 deserve a finale because I say so
Actually, I'd think it'd have something ti do with, oh I don't know, them continuously being treated like crap despite supposedly being "mane" characters. You think so?

>>28711691
A finale where the Mane 6 failed to do anything, except for Twilight, and Cadence and Shining had to save the day.

>>28711798
People expect to see the mame 5 help save the day BECAUSE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE THEIR FUCKING SHOW TOO. How dense are you? You can say "Oh they got their time in the season, they don't need anything in the finale." Whuch is flat out wrong, because time and time again now, the finales have been proven to be the most important episodes in the series now, and the Mane 6 don't do shit.

It's like watching Justice League, and in the finale out of fucking nowhere, all the Justice League gets captured, and we get to watch Jimmy Olsen get a team of C-tier characters to save the day.
>>
>>28711904
Celestia doesn't deserve jack shit before the Mane 5, keep crying.
>>
>>28713722
>It's like watching Justice League, and in the finale out of fucking nowhere, all the Justice League gets captured, and we get to watch Jimmy Olsen get a team of C-tier characters to save the day.
>comparing FiM to Justice League
I think you're watching the wrong show.
>>
>>28713722
>A finale where the Mane 6 failed to do anything, except for Twilight, and Cadence and Shining had to save the day.

ALL of the mane 6 had a physical fight with changelings
>>
>>28713971
It was an example to prove a point, retard. I didn't mean that FiM is Justice League, I'm talking about shows with a group of characters as the main characters. How stupid are you that you couldn't see that? Oh, maybe because it proves how bad your argument is, so you'd just rather ignore it.

On other shows with a group of characters as mains, no one ever complains that they shouldn't be in the finale because they got episodes mid season. They expect them to be, because it's their show. Or would you rather watch Transformers and in the finale watch literally all the Autobot cast get captured and locked away, and Spike Witwicky has to save the day?
>>
>>28714003
And they ALL lost. If they lose, that doesn't count for doing anything, because they failed.
>>
>>28714018
>it was to prove a pint
And you failed to do so. FiM always was mainly slice of life, not mane 6 saving the day, it's just not comparable.

>Or would you rather watch Transformers and in the finale watch literally all the Autobot cast get captured and locked away, and Spike Witwicky has to save the day?
If it was well written and entertaining? Yes.

I don't care if you think that it's "THEIR SHOW!!! HURRr!", I care that it's entertaining.
>>
>>28713321
(sorry, I'm back)
>why are so autistically fixated on finales? Openers are about as important, but you just completely ignore them?
If I'm complaining about something bad, I guess it makes sense to talk about it instead of about the good things. Do you want me to say that some openers are good? Sure, I completely agree. Do you want me to say that that's enough? Sorry, but I disagree.

The fact that the characters have been used on openers proves that it's possible to write good two-parters for them. But I can't think "hey, they got a few good two parters, that's enough", I think "if they can write openers, why can't they write finales?". It just doesn't make any sense for the writers to write the mane 5 as real characters on the openers and then just ignore them on the finales. Lazy. Writing.

And, again, that's something that's happened for years, it's too late to cry over it. The worst thing about this finale, which makes it much worse than any previous finale, is, the writers completely gave up. I don't think they just won't write two-parter finales for the mane 5 anymore, I think they won't even write two-parter openers for them either. This finale says "we can't write for these characters, we need new characters". And that's bullshit because, as you say, they've written good openers. So no, I'm not ignoring openers. The fact that those good openers exist is the reason why I'm mad about the stupid decision they made in this finale.
>>
>>28711106
>tumblr
Why are background fags the epitome of cancer?
>>
File: 1471803915667.gif (74KB, 363x363px) Image search: [Google]
1471803915667.gif
74KB, 363x363px
>>28714337
Having side characters the focus of of the episode isn't something that really happened until this finale. I don't think we can interpret that as them writing off the mane 6. Yes, the mane 6 were expanded with Glimmy, but they still were in the S6 Opener (however shitty it was). Besides, I don't really get the fixation on mane 6 anyway. So long as it's entertaining to watch, I don't really care that they didn't use the mane 6 as much as they could. And even if I was concerned about this, what is mostly to be blamed for this is the lack of long term plan for the show. Lauren had one, but Hasbro just doesn't work that way... Of course the writers could be doing a better job, but this finale was decent, considering. If I dislike anything, it's the lack of direction of the show. But that's clearly something we won't get much of. Given the choices, having side characters do something important for a change _:^)_ is an acceptable alternative.
>>
Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy have never been properly developed

Applejack is still the same character she was at the beginning of the season
>>
>>28714882
I disagree about Pank, but can agree about Flutters.
AJ's gotten less Prideful and more willing to accept help, that seems like character development to me.
>>
>>28714787
>I don't think we can interpret that as them writing off the mane 6
I don't think they've written the mane 6 off from the show, at least we didn't get the nu-mane 6, so it's something. But I'm afraid they've written them off from the next openers and finales, and that's why I'm mad as fuck. And if that happened, it's this finale's fault. I guess we'll know it for sure as soon as we watch the season 7 opener.
>I don't really get the fixation on mane 6 anyway
Well, I kinda watch this show for them. The could replace the mane 6 with a couple of twin siblings investigating mysteries in Oregon, and it would be a great and entertaining show, but it wouldn't be MLP:FiM.

And I get your attitude. If you can't always get what you want, then want what you get. But I'm not fatalist. There isn't a real reason not to get good direction, other than laziness. It's not good for me, and such negativity is bad and whatever. But
JIM IF YOU'RE READING THIS FUCK YOU
I don't know, man. There isn't much else I can do.
>>
>>28714929
>can agree about Flutters
Yes, we can see how she's had no development by all the "hurr, newshy is shit, DURRr!"
>>
>>28711106
>on the site these pictures originate from yet still saves them from tumblr
If cancer could grow fingers and make posts it would look a lot like you.
>>
>>28715144
>There isn't a real reason not to get good direction, other than laziness.
From who? This is mostly Hasbro's doing, you can't really blame the writers for it much. If the show went as it was originally planned, it most likely would've already been over, but it would have clearer sense of direction.

If we're gonna argue about the general direction of the show, and about what could've been, then side characters getting some spotlight isn't something I'd be concerned about that much. In the context of the show that FiM is, this finale was decent.

>But I'm afraid they've written them off from the next openers and finales, and that's why I'm mad as fuck.
Is that really an argument though? I don't think it really indicates that much and it's nothing but a speculation. Certainly not worth getting mad over.
>>
>>28715291
>This is mostly Hasbro's doing, you can't really blame the writers for it much. If the show went as it was originally planned, it most likely would've already been over, but it would have clearer sense of direction.
Well, I admit that that's a fair point. I stand corrected, It'd be naive to think that any writer could keep a show alive for much more time than the originally planned, and if the writers don't know how much the show will last, having a proper direction is nearly impossible and I can't blame only them.
However, I still think there's something wrong on their side, not everything is Hasbro's fault. I still think that this finale could've used the mane 5, I still think that, after this finale, those characters won't be used again in any two-parter, and I still think that that means that, when the show ends, the mane 5 would've never been properly used in any two-parter finale ever.
Yes, it's nothing but speculation. But it was also speculation when people said that Glimmer would join the main cast after the S5 finale, and it actually happened. The worst part of a show without a proper direction is, if you expect the worst, most probably you'll be right.
>>
>>28711106
Everything about you is cancer.
>>
because two parter finales are no big deal overall? Thy beat Nightmare Moon in epic two parters so that's enough

Frankly I like the slice of life regular eps better anyway
>>
File: (You)2.jpg (185KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
(You)2.jpg
185KB, 1920x1080px
>>28711106
>couldn't even be bothered to change the filename
>>
>>28714172
>And you failed to do so. FiM always was mainly slice of life, not mane 6 saving the day, it's just not comparable.
Then guess what dipshit, all that does is prove that these crappy finales don't even belong in FiM! So congratulations on disproving your own argument, "Saving the day" plots have no place in FiM.

>I don't care if you think that it's "THEIR SHOW!!! HURRr!", I care that it's entertaining.
>I don't care that the main characters of the show don't get to do things when it's important, I fail to see the problem
Then you are retarded.
>>
>>28711106
>anthro
kys
>>
File: pink bitch eating popcorn.gif (2MB, 662x600px) Image search: [Google]
pink bitch eating popcorn.gif
2MB, 662x600px
>24 hours later this thread is still alive
So, should we make this a general? Think about it, it could be the first general ever not about fucking ponies. Well, it'd be about fucking up ponies, but I think it's not exactly the same.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.