[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Season Finale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: 1374658682403.png (152KB, 900x876px) Image search: [Google]
1374658682403.png
152KB, 900x876px
Rate all the seasons finales
>>
TBNE 9/10
ACW 7/10
MMC 7/10
TK 8/10
TCR 8/10
TWBA 6/10
>>
BNEr: Rip-off/10
ACW: Royal Marriage with Deus Ex Machina/10
MMC: 7.8/10 too little water
TK: DBZ/10
TCR: 10/paradox
TWBA: Retread/10
>>
>>28690822

TBNE (adorable God-tier) > TCR (epic tier) > TK (super saiyan tier) > ACW (romance tier) > MMC (shit-tier)
>>
>>28690822
The Best Night Ever: ?/10. I haven't watched it in a long time and I remember it being decent but I'd have to see it again to form a clear opinion. Give it a 7/10 for now, since it had a lot of entertainment value but didn't affect much in the grand scheme of things.
A Canterlot Wedding: 10/10. If anything, this was the episode that cemented my love for pones, and I often measure the quality of other two-part episodes against it.
Magical Mystery Cure: 8/10. Rushed and poorly explained as the story was, I thoroughly enjoyed it until the coronation scene. Mostly for the songs.
Twilight's Kingdom: 6/10. Fun, but completely without substance, and it really didn't do much to explain Twilight's purpose. I find it's better when viewed as a Discord episode.
The Cutie Re-mark: 4/10. The Crystal Empire timeline was impressive and Nightmare Moon stole the show, but there was very little going on. Starlight's backstory and redemption didn't do it any favors.
To Where And Back Again: 2/10. No amount of Trixie or Chrysalis could save an episode that somehow managed to have every single flaw I was hoping it wouldn't and more besides.

Can we count Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep as a mid-season finale? Or perhaps rank the premieres? I want to give a number higher than 5 to something in the second half of the show.
>>
>>28691026
Sure go ahead
>>
TBNE 9/10 bretty fuggin gud m8

ACW 6/10 it was pretty meh until spoopy bugbutt reveal

MMC 8/10 for what it was it was actually really nice in my opinion

TK 7/10 Didn't like Celestia's plan and the way that Tirek discovered the m6, but it was still pretty good overall

TCR 5/10 Fanpandering out the ass and pretty much ruined both magic in general and Starlight Glimmer

TWBA 6/10 Starlight is total trash and her conflict is super forced like most of her appearances. Trixie and Discord are good, but not good enough to make up for that and the shitty bug ex machina rainbow changelings.
>>
>the best night ever
>big musical number without making the whole episode a "musical episode"
>all of the m6 get screen time
>finale that isn't about battling some threat
Never again.
>>
>>28690822
S1 (TBNE) - 7/10
S2 (ACW) - 7/10
S3 (MMC) - 5/10
S4 (TK) - 8/10
S5 (TCR) - 8/10
S6 (TWBA) - 9/10

To Where and Back Again was great. Glim Glam haters can go fuck themselves.
>>
File: twili consider the following.jpg (32KB, 304x292px) Image search: [Google]
twili consider the following.jpg
32KB, 304x292px
The Best Night Ever: Got that innocent season 1 charm and is always fun to watch but not that exciting 8/10

A Canterlot Wedding: WAR IS CANON and Celestia (at least attempting) to be badass
Chryssy for best bug queen 2012 but drags on for most of part 1 7/10

Magical Mystery Cure: Great songs and Alicorn Twi opened up new ideas but felt a little rushed
We don't talk about The Alicorn War that caused the fall of the golden ages of the fandom 7/10

Twilight Kingdom: On the epic side and Tirek is one of the top three dangerous villains, soul-stealing terrifying bastard. Ending could of been better though. 8/10

The Cutie Remark: Starlight is also one of the top three dangerous villains, being the only one to beat Twilight in battle. We got fucking Haber-ed though and Starlight could of been a great recurring villain. Although she is cute.
Also made total warfare and apocalyptic events canon, always exciting to see. 6/10

To Where and Back Again: I haven't seen it yet because i'm not early-viewing TRASH but it's pretty much already been spoiled for me
starlight x trixie best lesbeans ??/10
>>
>>28690822

S6>S2>S1>S5>S3
>>
>acronyms
TBNE:
4/10 as a finale, 9/10 as an episode;
ACW:
10/10 - one of the best moments in the show as a whole;
MMC:
8/10 - great episode and finale, but the very ending of it felt rushed and out of place (and was essentially partially retconned later on)
TK:
9/10 - an amazing episode visually and a great finale overall. Though wasn't perfect as despite essential simplicity still had several really questionable moments.
TCR
9/10 - could've easily become the best finale, but, regretfully, ran out of time.
TWBA
?/10 - haven't seen it yet.
>>
>>28691077
>TBNE is great as an episode but not as a finale
Finally someone who realizes finales should be judged by being finales and not just being a normal episode. I enjoyed TBNE and it was a good episode, but for a finale it wasn't good. If you can just throw that shit in the middle of the season and nobody would notice it's a bad finale.
>>
>>28690822
TBNE: 9/10, I would've liked all the finales to be this comfy.
ACW: 8/10, I expected a boring wedding but Meghan managed to make it interesting.
MMC: 1/10 for the idea, 9/10 for the execution. It was probably the most difficult episode in the show and it didn't disappoint me, which is a lot to say.
TK: 8/10 fireworks and toy insert aside, the best Discord episode since Return of Harmony.
TCR: 9/10 for the idea, 6/10 for the execution. Haber can write good regular episodes, but he's mediocre writing finales.
TWBA: 1/10, I literally don't give a fuck about any of those characters doing shit, I don't know why should I want to watch them in a finale. Even worse, somehow the first part actually was mildly interesting despite using those characters, and then we got a second part with a literally-what-the-fuck-happened ending. I didn't like it at all. Haber can write good regular episodes, but he's absolutely terrible writing finales.
>>
>>28691085
Tell me you live in London, anon. I'm barely holding tears right now.
>>
>>28691091
Mainland yurop.
>>
S1: Haven't watched this in ages. Wasn't terribly impressed when I watched it the first time though. 5/10 I guess?

S2: When I first watched it I was certain that as far as 2 parters go it would never be topped and I still stand by that. Awesome villain, awesome songs, great setup. 10/10

S3: Seriously can't remember this too much. Was pretty good until twilicorn shit. 7/10 I guess?

S4: Didn't like Tirek that much and suffers from having the same formula of the normal 2-parters. Fight scene was neat although I'm glad they haven't really done that again. Totally forgot about the rainbow powers man those have been fucking underutilized. 6/10

Season 5: Cool concept executed fairly well. Starlight's face turn was mismanaged and could have been done a lot better but the rest of the episode is fun. 8/10

Season 6: Part 1 set the table brilliantly. Part 2 was decent but could have been better. Resolution was fucking awful though could have been handled so much better. If it had a good resolution it was probably a 9/10 but with that it's a 7.
>>
>>28691085
>spend all season making dresses, getting tickets and establishing motivations for the big gala
>season 1 episodes establish who the main characters are and their motivations
>implying the gala doesn't tie it all together
You're an idiot. You don't tie together a multi-episode plot in the middle of the season and then have another 10 or 12 slice of life episodes before the season ends.
>>
>>28691040
Great. Here goes.

Friendship is Magic: 5/10. I think this is a rather poor introduction, since it doesn't include most of the strengths of the series. Nightmare Moon isn't all that threatening and the main six don't get to display the depth of their personalities nearly as well as they would later on. I can't bring myself to call it bad, though.
Return of Harmony: 7/10. Discord is a big improvement on previous villains, plus there are far more opportunities for the characters to shine in this episode. While there are still a lot of cheesy lines and the story doesn't have many surprises in store, this premiere sets the stage for an excellent season to follow.
The Crystal Empire: 7/10. This is still one I'm not entirely sure about. On one hand, Sombra was barely there and the Empire wasn't that interesting. On the other hand, I do really love the more adventurous tone this episode tried out, and the moral was less shallow than the usual "friendship is good" we get from two-parters.
Princess Twilight Sparkle: Yet another 7/10. This episode was more of a first act for a larger story arc, which isn't really a bad thing. It gave some interesting looks at Equestria's past and hinted at the future of the season. I was certainly excited to see more afterward.
The Cutie Map: 10/10. You know how I said I measure two-part episodes against ACW? This one met that standard. It was a little darker than we'd seen before, a little less predictable, and a lot more interesting in how it delivered its moral. We got some new side characters, a song, and an introduction to a new plot device, but what really tied it all together was the villain. Starlight Glimmer managed to replace Discord as my favorite antagonist in the show. While less consistent later on, she was excellent here.
The Crystalling: 6/10. I'd probably rate this lower if I was triggered by McFlurry, but I didn't really care. I mostly remember this as a decent story about Starlight and Sunburst.
>>
>>28691140
I really should have spaced this out better. Unfortunately, it was just about at the character limit. Enjoy the wall of text.
>>
>>28691109
>all other finales are major HABBENINGS of some sort
>the S1 finale is just wrapping up the overarching plot
The 6 keys for the mystery box were a buildup too, but that finale can actually be considered a fucking finale. Not an excuse.
>>
>>28691085

It wouldn't have made any sense at all outside of the context of it being built up over the course of the entire episode as something so great friends would fight over tickets to it, spend time making dresses for it, and all the other stuff that happened leading up to it in otherwise disconnected episodes.

The fact that after all that build up it was a huge disappointment was the whole point of it.
>>
>>28690822
TBNE Was kinda meh. 6/10. 8 pushing it.
ACW was pure shit. 2/10
MMC. Twilicorn. 1/10
TK 8/10 Didn't enjoy Discord massively. Mostly because he's fankwank. never liked him as a character desu.
TCR 4/10 Redemption of Starlight was shit. Thus, reason for the score
TWABA 3/10 No reason for changelings to return, as they were never an interesting villain. Apothicons would have been cool tho.
>>
Season 1 - Best. Simply the gang ruining a party. No epic fights. No villains. No new powerups or any bullshit like that. 10/10

Season 2 - OK, I guess. Introducing more alicorns is dumb, but Chrysalis makes up for it. 6/10

Season 3 - Twilicorn. Cancer. 4/10

Season 4 - DBZ powerup bullshit. This is where I felt worried for the show, because they'll have to constantly introduce stronger villains and therefore power up Twilight even more. This will alienate her from everyone else. 4/10

Season 5 - Very good. Glim Glam was not the most powerful pony, but she was the most cunning. Just watching her use friendship against Twilight when she was teaching the boys to not bully Fluttershy was great. 8/10

Season 6 - I like it, but it was super contrived. They could have at least shown how Twilight and the rest were captured. They were literally captured just so GlimGlim can save them. But not redeeming Chrysalis at the end saved it from being absolute shit tier. 6/10
>>
TBNE 10/10
ACW 5/10
MMC 2/10
TK 4/10
TCR 7/10
TWBA 8/10
>>
>>28691058

Thats why its the best finale ever
People having a different opinion are newfags with shit taste
>>
>>28691089
>s3 didn't disappoint me, which is a lot to say.
>the best Discord episode since Return of Harmony.
Are you fucking serious? He was fucking cucked and a moron for believing in Tirek

>s6 hate meme
Just wen I thought /mlp/ couldnt get this retarded
>>
I fucking love the best night ever because nothing change the whole situation of the show.

S2 add an alicorn
S3 turn one of the main character into an alicorn
S4 growth a fucking castle in ponyville
S5 add shimmer to the main cast
S6 change the fucking changelings

I just want a season where nothing change at all in the final episode of that season. I want to wait the last episode knowing that nothing will change. That why I love TBNE.
>>
Going to rank form fav to least fav, including premiers.

The Cutie Map (S5P) - Surprised this one ended up at the top of my list. Loved Glimmer, demagogues make the best villains. MLP 2-parters have a tendency to have weak back halves, but this one was strong throughout. Having a sinister version of Harmony was a great angle.
The Return of Harmony (S2P) - Perfect ep, great humor from reversing each character, explored Twilight fresh off the friendship train & getting disillusioned with friendship as I'm sure many of us have. Discord's debut was amazing. Great symmetry with the series premiere.
A Canterlot Wedding (S2F) - Of these eps, this is the one I'm most due to rewatch. I wonder if I only love this ep so much due to how the series fandom had peaked around when it came out. I remember being nervous about new alicorn and a wedding, but having the new alicorn be a villain was an impressive bit of audience manipulation to absorb our hate before introducing the real alicorn. Also changelings, big fight scene, and first villain song for the series really knocked this one out of the park!
Twilight's Kingdom (S4F) - Everyone was nervous about Twilicorn in S4, but the finale gave the best OP alicorn scenes you could hope for with epic DBZ fight, and as a G1 fan, I was SCREAMING when Tirek was revealed as the villain. Also, the awesome villain vs villain and later collab b/w Tirek & Discord. The only week point was the gag-inducing rainbow power forms, and Twilight's awful castle.
The Best Night Never(S1F) - Almost respectable simple. This was my fav ep back in the early days, when having a finale that two ealry eps vaguely references was enough. Many great funny scene slikes Flutter's "LOVE ME!" and I could never wax nostalgic enough about all the early remixes of At the Gala. I honestly want another slice of life finale more than anything else from the show. I was hoping for it when S4 hyped the Equestria Games, but instead I got Spike Fremdschämen.

(1/3)
>>
File: 1456194037623.jpg (7KB, 184x184px)
1456194037623.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
>>28691066
>Glim Glam haters can go fuck themselves.
Aww, something bothering you? Maybe if you liked a good character you wouldn't have to put up with meanie "haters".
>>
>>28691066
>To Where and Back Again was great. Glim Glam haters can go fuck themselves.

Such salt.
>>
>>28690822
S1: 10/10
S2: 9/10
S3: -1/10
S4: 7/10
S5: 7/10
S6: 7/10

I don't like action, but S4 was still pretty good for what it was. S5 finale was very enjoyable, but the ending and revealed motivation was shit. S6 was pretty good, but the changeling shit was crap and everyone important being kidnapped was really, really lazy writing.
>>
>>28694720

>Change is bad
>I want that he show reset after every episode

Fuck off Josh Haber
>>
>>28695109
My power went out, so 2/3 & 3/3 were lost and I'm too lazy to retype. Oh well!
>>
Best Night Ever - 8/10 A solid episode and a solid finale. It isn't bombastic and it doesn't need to be.
A Canterlot Wedding - 3/10 Cadence the Mary Sue ruins this episode. There's no reason Cadence/ Chrysalis should win them over that easily and there's no reason why they should pick Cadence over their best friend Twilight.
Magical Mystery Cure - 0/10 Complete garbage. Nothing even resembling a good idea is anywhere near this episode.
Twilight's Kingdom - 4/10 Nothing interesting happens. It's basically just giant magical power fights ala DBZ. Which imo isn't good.
Cutie Re-Mark - 6/10 The time travel was sorta meh, I don't really care about all those alternative time lines. We did get Glimmer redemption which was pretty sweet though.
To Where And Back Again - 10/10 A wonderfully put together plot combined with character development. Glimmer, Trixie and Discord all shine in this episode. It excelled all across the board.
>>
>>28694684
>people who don't like the same things I do are memeing
Literally kill yourself, self-absorbed prick.
>>
best S3>S4>S6>S5>S2>S1 worst
>>
>>28697294
Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>28697385

gr8 b8 m8 r8 8/8
>>
>>28690822
The first one was the only one I liked.
>>
>>28694666
Nice one, Satan.
>>
>>28694666
>Thats why its the best finale ever
"the worst", you mean?
>>
>>28694666
This.
>>
File: devil.jpg (22KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
devil.jpg
22KB, 320x240px
>>28694666

>is the prince of lies
>expects us to agree with him
>>
TBNE 5/10
ACW 9/10
TK I don't even remember it/10
TCR 7/10
TWBA 8/10
>>
File: asdffdsa.jpg (10KB, 217x233px) Image search: [Google]
asdffdsa.jpg
10KB, 217x233px
>>28698666
>>28694666

>Faustfags
>Faust
>they get Satan trips twice in the same thread defending TBNE
>>
TBNE 8/10
ACW 10/10
MMC 6/10
TK 5/10
TCR 8/10
TWBA 5/10
>>
>>28698706

So she sold her soul to the Devil to make the best MLP finale ever. That dude comes through.
>>
>>28699069
>the best MLP finale ever
>the best
kek
>>
>>28690822
TBNE 7.5/10
It was okay, the song at the beginning was great. I felt making all six girls have a bad time was a tad too mean spirited, and Pinky got too many songs. Only one episode, but that was enough for the story they were telling.

ACW 6/10
I loved it when I first watched it, but in retrospect this one had quite a few problems. It suffers from the old 'villain could have one if they did nothing' contrivance. The pacing is pretty bad in the last half, and the ending, while I wouldn't call it a total deus ex machina, is also rather contrived and poorly done.

MMC 4.5/10
Twilicorn aside, this episode is a complete mess. The plot is all over the place from the start. In this case being one episode makes it feel incredibly rushed. While I liked some of the musical numbers, they can only do so much.

TK 8.5/10
This has its problems, such as Celestia making her biggest blunders in the series so far. Seriously, leave an important task to an unattended Discord AND give all Alicorn magic to the youngest, least experienced one?

That said, I actually enjoyed the high fantasy battle with it's high stakes. Discord being humbled was also enjoyable. The story was contrived at points but it was at least coherent.
>>
>>28699511
>This has its problems, such as Celestia making her biggest blunders in the series so far. Seriously, leave an important task to an unattended Discord AND give all Alicorn magic to the youngest, least experienced one?

The first was definitely a huge mistake (unless you buy the silly Machiavelli Celestia fanwank where it was all part of a huge plan).

The second makes sense, though. Not only because it's Twilight, who was worthy of the trust, but because she was also the only one Tirek wouldn't have any clue even existed.
>>
>>28699511
TCR 8/10
Starlight makes for an interesting villain because of how ordinary she is. Her motivations are rather petty and self serving, but that's fine. The conflict feels a lot more personal this time. The battle between her and Twilight is the opposite of the battle with Tyrec. Twilight could probably win on her own, but can't brute force things thanks to Starlight's wits. The conflict between the two is what I enjoyed most about the story.

The alternate timelines, while interesting to see, were largely pointless, since there were no stakes. Twilight could just go right back and try again.
While I also felt Starlight's redemption-or rather, forgiveness-was rushed, I can't be too hard on this point. She wasn't trying to take over Equestria, she was holding a petty grudge against a select ponies. When she see's what affects this is having she's understandably remorseful.

TWBA 9/10
While I liked Starlight as a villain, as a additional main character, I was more or less indifferent. I didn't hate her, but she seemed blander then before, and her development seemed to go in circles. That said, I think this closed out her arc quite nicely. She had to resolve a crisis with wit and leadership, while having no access to the magic she'd been dependent on.

Having a finale without the main 6 was rather bold, and probably bothered a lot of people. I didn't mind personally. The story was well paced and entertaining. I liked seeing the side characters getting fleshed out more and contribute. Trixie in particular, who I always felt was rather underused.

I don't feel any of the finales deserved a 10/10, there were simply better episodes in the series outside of them.
>>
File: shruggin.png (28KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
shruggin.png
28KB, 945x945px
>>28690822
as episodes
tBNE>ACW>tCR>TK>TWaBA>MMC

as finales
MMC>TK>tCR>ACW>tBNE>TWaBA
>>
>>28695405
Here's a pity (You) because nobody took your bait.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.