[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New game in the fandom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot (2).png (15KB, 1912x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (2).png
15KB, 1912x1080px
I'm working on a real, traditional ASCII roguelike (I believe its the fandom's first). The engine is being written from scratch, so I want to tune the font size by hand for the most popular resolutions. Let me know what your screen resolution is so I can include that to the resolutions the game supports. To keep up to date on the status of the game, follow the tumblr - https://remotedevblog.tumblr.com (which posts all updates) or the twitter - @RemoteRL (which only posts major updates)

Note, the game will run on macOS, Windows, and Linux.
>>
>>28635563
You planning on having music?
>>
>>28635616
Eh, I don't think anyone has even heard of my project yet. Ill put everything I can into the game design and programming, but at this point I doubt I could convince anyone to compose for the game. I don't exactly have a budget for this game either, it's just something I put (all) my free time into.
>>
>>28635563
1366x768
1920x1080

Anything else that isn't 4k is for Plebs. and 4k is impractical.
>>
>>28635690
Haha, I can totally tune for 4K, its on my list. I've already got 1920x1080, and Apples retina resolution for the macbook pro,
>>
>>28635640
Well, I wouldn't mind offering my services for free. I don't want to sound like I'm trying to strike a deal, or oblige you to anything, but if sometime down the road, you wanted music, and didn't have any other offers at the time, I'd be happy to throw down a track or two.
>>
>>28635759
That'd be awesome, hit me up on the tumblr if you can!
>>
>>28635771
Sorry, I don't have a tumblr. Do you happen to have a throw away email address I can contact?
>>
>>28635809
[email protected]
>>
>>28635820
Sending one right now
>>
>>28635563
1440x900

have a free bump
>>
>>28635851
Thanks, I sent you a reply from the dev email
>>
apologizes for not being /vr/, but how does a ASCII roguelike work?
>>
>>28635992
basically, the main feature of an ascii rogulike is you sacrifice graphics for raw depth and complexity. learning an advanced ascii rogulike an take weeks *cough* cataclysm: dda *cough*

Anyway, everything is represented with letters, and your character is always an @ symbol. other than that, the controls are dependent on whatever the dev wants
>>
Probably shouldn't have started this thread at 11:00... Ill catch you guys tomorrow, gotta get some sleep
>>
Friendly bump
>>
>>28635992
Weirdly enough, ASCII roguelikes are still fairly alive today.

The actual definition is "something that's like the game Rogue", which is vague.

So something like a grid-based, turn-base dungeon-crawler with procedural generation of levels, permadeath, and the use of letters to represent what's on each grid tile.
>>
>>28635563
80x24
>>
>>28635563
Why don't you instead turn off your autism and work on a real adventure game with real graphics? Faggot.
>>
>>28637466
Making games with decent graphics is unbelievably Hardâ„¢.
It takes whole well-paid top teams of artists, programmers and designers years to release a real game.

OP is a high-school student, so maybe adjust your fucking expectations, fag.
>>
>>28635563
You made the right choice moving to a sprite graphics library rather than OpenGL.

OpenGL has a lot of shit to understand before you can do anything basic.
>>
>>28635563
im sure you already know, but check out the steam survey, tells you what resolutions steam users have amongst other things
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/
>>
>>28635563
I read your site and am interested in it.
Good luck with it.
>>
1600x900 pleb here. Color me interested OP, anything a non-tech savvy anon can do to help out?
>>
If you're looking for a similar non-pony game, check out NetHack.

thegreatestgameyouwilleverplay.com
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.