[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big Jim's open letter to the haters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 531
Thread images: 96

File: 4.jpg (60KB, 380x545px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
60KB, 380x545px
Do you have a problem that the show is for little girls? What are you, sexist or something?
aka Jim goes full retard
The whole shebang here http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/10/big-jim-on-making-show-for-little-girls.html
>>
>>28632807
>And until the day comes where it doesn't matter who shows are made for, I'm proud to say I make a show for little girls.
Didn't Lauren say it was for everyone from the start?
>>
I didn't get this section because FiM's male characters are better than most male characters in shows designed for little boys and there is very little SJW-tier sexism or GRRL POWER in FiM to begin with.

The fucking finale just had an evil queen replaced by a good king who understood what was best for his people, so I don't get what he's trying to say.
>>
>>28632825
Yeah, but Jim is a big baby.
>>
>>28632825
She doesn't deny that it's primarily a girl's show, but it's made so it's appealing to everyone.
>>
>>28632807
I actually like this guys letter. I don't know much about him, but his letter is just fine.
>>
>>28632830
>FiM's male characters are better than most male characters in shows designed for little boys
You're either incredibly retarded or a woman who doesn't like genuine male personalities.
>>
>>28632830
No anon, apparently we don't like the show because not enough male characters or something. I dunno, that whole part came out of nowhere.
>>
>>28632807
Talk about being pushed off the deep end.
>>
>>28632861
You mean actually addressing issues of feelings, identity, and showing emotion? Not living up to some dated machismo stereotype?

>>28632864
I figured most people here would never want any more male characters ever because it's waifu competition.
>>
>>28632807
I agree with him up to "this is a feminist show!" where he goes full retard. He's fucking wrong, which is scary because surely he works on the show and the fact that he can't see he's wrong is awful. The fact 90% of the main cast is female does not make it a feminist show. You are not teaching kids about being female, about women's issues, about being a feminist etc. You're teaching them about friendship; which is a gender neutral subject. The show has literally nothing to do with any kind of feminism.

Further more, I don't think anyone is complaining about the "lack of male characters in the show" and I have no idea where that point is coming from.
>>
>>28632873
If he just defended his "show for little girls" excuse, it would be fine. But then he decides to give it this sexist spin, like what the fuck.

But congrats to Moliminous, he made Jim go batshit insane.
>>
>>28632807
>girls deserve quality entertainment
>show has gone to shit under his direction
>>
>>28632833
No wonder they call him Big Jim. He sure ain't big where it counts.
>>
>>28632895
It's not even that, it's that he seems hooked enough on this subject to actually write a wall of text like this days after making his fucking twitter private. It must've really been eating at him for a while.
>>
File: 1473519256786.gif (541KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1473519256786.gif
541KB, 500x501px
>>28632807
>Girls deserve quality entertainment
>I'm proud to say I make show for little girls
But THAT'S PART OF THE PROBLEM YOU IMBECILE. GIRL'S SHOWS ARE GARBAGE BECAUSE THEY ARE MADE "FOR GIRLS."
That's why FiM is such a success, because it didn't tried to appeal to girls by being girly.
>>
>all that cocksucking in EQD

My fucking sides
>>
>>28632938
Hasn't that been the case ever since the introduction of thumbs up in EQD comments?
>>
>>28632807
Sure, now that nearly all of the writers are men, the supervising director and his two directors are men, the story editor is a man, the most powerful producer is a man, now that these dudes have crowded out the female creators and produced the worst season of the show it's "this is a feminist show and fuck the haters".

No, fuck you lot for fucking it all up.
>>
>>28632934
(You) figured it out. Previous directors kept the mostly gender-neutral aspects in place, but Big Jim didn't realise that FiM was not supposed to pander to girls, and upon assuming role of director he proceeded to take the show in the route HE wanted -- Momma Faust would be saddened.
>>
>>28632895
Big Jim is a dickhead who throws a hissyfit anytime someone so much as suggests an episode isn't perfect in every way. He's a fucking crybaby asshole who isn't fit to be working in media. Let's get this movie out so we can kick Jim to the kerb and get Meghan back.
>>
>>28632972
But anon, the movie is the finale, so by the time it comes out it'll be too late for MLP to continue further. Plus we don't want it to go Simpsons.
>>
These threads are fucking stupid. OP is just trying to keep stirring the pot. The crew have their own opinions about why they're working on the show just like those that watch it. If you don't like part of it, whatever. No one's forcing you to watch it or to have a different opinion. Fucksake. If I was the creator of a popular show or video game and retards kept hounding me night and day over trivial shit, maybe I'd get pissy now and then. But I can guarantee you that your gender-based agenda/special snowflake circlejerk would be completely ignored.
>>
File: med_1474022990_00032.jpg (67KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
med_1474022990_00032.jpg
67KB, 640x482px
>>28632965
>Momma Faust would be saddened.
Oh you naive fool.
>>
>>28632983
So Season 7 is the last one? Shit...

I barely even watch this shit anymore, I just didn't think it would be over so soon
>>
>Jim is replying that article comment section right now

Come on guys, time to show some real opinions and compare him with faust
>>
>>28632807
Is it not more sexist to imply that girls have girl interests and a boy with those interests are just 'stepping into girl territory'?

What if a girl doesn't like mlp? Does that mean she isn't a girl? That she doesn't like "girl stuff"?

I think Big Jim is pretty retarded when it comes to understanding what a lot of people are shitting on him for. Retards will lap it up though so I guess it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>28632807
If you feel your gender is "underrepresented", then you're just as sexist as the feminists who cry and boo that there's too many men on game developer panels and the tech industry and hollywood and politics and trains and planes and in a box and on a fox and in a house and with a mouse etc etc etc

The kind of people who are firmly against sexism and inequal treatment, unless it favors them.
>>
>>28632807
HOLY SHIT JIM ACTUALLY SAID SOMETHING COOL?!
>>
>>28632874
It's not a stereotype you fucking idiot. Men acting like men is not some 'internalized hedgehoggery' or whatever other words you've made up to make yourself feel better about the world. I don't force myself to enjoy pointless violence and crude imagery to feel like I'm fitting into a role, just the same as your fun-hating cunt makes you shy away from it.

We're biologically programmed as hunters; we didn't have this philosophical shit back when we were wearing leaves, painting our faces and grinning like mad men as we slayed for sport and drank the blood of prey.

But don't worry, maybe in another million years when you've bred the warrior out of the male chromosome, you can finally have that beaten dog you always wanted in your little girl's shows.
>>
>>28633054
There's no wrong way to be a boy, just like there's no wrong way to be a girl.

Philosophy is the pinnacle of human achievement, not a decline of "traditional" masculinity.
>>
>ask about fluttershy pregnancy
>deleted

Fucking mods
>>
File: diqus.png (20KB, 922x130px) Image search: [Google]
diqus.png
20KB, 922x130px
>>28632807
Is this really Jim in the comments section of the article?
>>
>>28633093

Yes, the real one
>>
>>28633093
I hate it when people don't realize that feminism has become so poisoned that you're better off just saying what you actually mean, in this case, equality.
>>
File: IMG_4232.png (376KB, 810x594px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4232.png
376KB, 810x594px
>>28632962

Shhhhhh! Shut the fuck up! You'll give them ideas, and Season 7 will be written and directed by an all-females production crew who were hired not for their talent or skill or experience, but to fill a fucking gender quota!
>>
>>28632864
>I dunno, that whole part came out of nowhere.

it's the typical twitter bullshit. when you cannot come up with a good argument against the other side doesn't necessarily mean that there is none, only that you are not smart enough to think of it you just twist their words and claim that they are horrible people who want to rob some other group of their god given rights.

I just want social media to die, it is nonredeemable cancer
>>
>>28633079
Philosophy is a double-edged sword, it can lead to great things or it can lead to a bunch of idiots arguing about half-baked ideas, getting mad and throwing a tantrum when they're discredited.
>>
>>28633129
At least it doesn't often lead to people dying.
>>
>>28633115
The women were better at it
>>
File: GIRL POWER.jpg (102KB, 619x499px) Image search: [Google]
GIRL POWER.jpg
102KB, 619x499px
Here we go
>>
>>28633054
>It's not a stereotype you fucking idiot. Men acting like men is not some 'internalized hedgehoggery' or whatever other words you've made up to make yourself feel better about the world.

thanks. that shit has been pissing me off for half an eternity but I could never really put it into words why
>>
File: 1475874371553.png (261KB, 378x404px) Image search: [Google]
1475874371553.png
261KB, 378x404px
>>28633159
puked a little desu
>>
>>28632807
Nobody is complaining about how he's making a show for little girls.

They complain because the show turned into SHIT no matter who's the target audience.
>>
>>28633159
disgusting
>>
>>28632851
Hello, Jim!
>>
>>28632999

>I should reward Hollywood for producing poor-quality movies because they put women in them
>>
>>28632998
I don't even agree with the
>season 6 has been awful
shit, I think it's one of the best so far.

that doesn't make Jim's rant any less retarded or invalids the fact that he clearly hasn't understood that FiM is so successful specifically because it was not made for girls (or boys) but gender neutral
>>
>>28633159
Kek. Somebody trolled BJ with my comment on EqD
>>
>>28633136
Philosophy is a part of war. Thinkers don't have to be fighters to have people willing to fight for them. The sparse, uneducated mind is easily prone to awe and will pick up a sword to defend whatever sounds good to them at the time.
>>
>>28632807
This train is going faster and faster and only I know that the brakes broke a little while ago.
>>
File: 1474736863984.png (483KB, 489x615px) Image search: [Google]
1474736863984.png
483KB, 489x615px
>>28632807
What exactly does writing a show for girls entail? Is it a free pass for sloppy writing or is there actually something that makes a cartoon a girls cartoon?
>>
File: This is the ride..gif (407KB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
This is the ride..gif
407KB, 400x298px
Hiatus is off to a great start.
>>
>>28632999
Lauren has always been kinda stupid about these things but she really went off the deep end with this one

>if you don't go to watch this awful movie you don't care about women

I don't know if she realized but most men put women (or at least one) as their number 1 priority, so implying that we don't care just because we didn't throw money at Hollywood for producing an awful movie no one ever asked for is beyond retarded.
>>
>>28633114

NOOOOO! EGALITARIANISM IS SEXIST! EQUALITY IS SEXIST! FAIRNESS IS UNFAIR! WOMEN DESERVE BETTER TREATMENT THAN MEN BECAUSE ITS REPARATIONS FOR THE PAST!
>>
>>28633205
they are little girls
they don't care about continuity
so that means we can have no show bible
no one to actually tie the episodes together
resulting in such awesome character development occasions as when Twilight is seen having a nice time and drinking tea with Princesses one ep
and then in the next episode (literraly fucking next episode) she's terrified of Celestia once again
>>
>jim in the comment section

Oh boy
>>
File: .png (13KB, 764x105px) Image search: [Google]
.png
13KB, 764x105px
>>28633009
>"When I talk about feminism I don't mean what feminism actually is but what my fantasy definition of it says"

Good job Jim. Maybe I'll just redefine some words too and then get confused when they aren't well received because no one with half a brain reads them that way.
>>
I don't know why you hate him, we actually came to an agreement in the comments section.
>>
>>28633011
>I think Big Jim is pretty retarded when it comes to understanding what a lot of people are shitting on him for.

I am pretty sure he understands it, he just knows that pulling the sexism card means that he will immediately have his circlejerk hunt down everyone who disagreed with them instead of having to go through the effort of arguing against them himself.

Or just ignoring them, which would have been the smartest decision.
>>
>>28633276
>he just knows that pulling the sexism card means that he will immediately have his circlejerk hunt down everyone who disagreed with them instead of having to go through the effort of arguing against them himself
It really is like tumblr!
>>
>>28633114
I know a couple people who are fully aware of what feminism actually means nowadays and still label themselves feminists, despite claiming they only care about equal treatment.

Half of them are lying and don't actually care about equal treatment at all, the other half are retarded attention whores who know exactly that claiming they are for equality will never get them as many back pats as claiming they are feminists.
>>
>>28633159
>post the most obvious trap ever
>that idiot still walks into it and actually is even proud of it
good job rei
>>
Jim is actually responding to people from here..
>>
>>28633011
>>28633276

Yeah -- and interpreting the criticism this way would require believing the dudes who have loved a show about magical singing girl ponies for five seasons JUST NOW woke up the the fact that it's a girl's show and started a sexist backlash against it. Really, Big Jim?
>>
Idk, this seams pretty reasonable. Then again I've been wrong before.
>>
>>28632965

He even makes a nod at Hasbro being more gender neutral to MLP. I think he may be missing his own point, perhaps? MLP isn't a show for girls. If it was it would be shallow as all hell due to how little effort any "show for girls" historically has gotten. Hell, shows aimed exclusively for boys tend to fall under this same shallowness. MLP is a show for everyone, but aimed at little girls. Some of the jokes are made so the adult parents watching will catch a joke in the back or foreground that may go completely over the kids' heads.

Goddamn how appropriate that we have this shitty conversation AGAIN around the 6 year anniversary.
>>
File: 4152647124.png (36KB, 823x385px) Image search: [Google]
4152647124.png
36KB, 823x385px
kek
>>
File: Ishi_Rudell_profile.jpg (34KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Ishi_Rudell_profile.jpg
34KB, 200x200px
>>28632807
Ishi should be the season 7 director. He's so much better as a person and seems to really love his work more than Jim.
>>
>>28633339
it would have been reasonable if he hadn't just interpreted
>Saying "It's a girl's show" doesn't refute any of my points probably in a less diplomatic wording though
as
>I am a girls hating sexist and want that this show is exclusively about male themes from now on because girls don't deserve good entertainment

he went full retard and reached as far as he possibly could to make this about sexism and then started whining because he thinks people misinterpreted his statements
>>
>>28633309
sorry bro not everyone wastes their life on boards to know all the troll baits
>>
>>28633369
I don't know man, to me
>You should hire people solely based on their sex rather than their qualifications
is a pretty obvious trap that doesn't require any advanced shitposting knowledge to spot
>>
little girls' show, little girls' show, little girls' show, little girls' show, little girls' show, little girls' show, little girls' show, little girls' show, little girls' show, little girls' show, little girls' show, little girls' show, little girls' show, little girls' show, little girls' show, little girls' show, little girls' show, little girls' show, little girls' show, little girls' show.
>>
>>28633360
Yeah, but he's a man.
>>
>>28632807
Damage Control: The Post
>>
File: 237670.gif (215KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
237670.gif
215KB, 853x480px
>>
>>28633360
I really want t hear Ishi's opinion on Jim's comment and ideology
>>
>>28633389
>I actually write for grown men, but don't want to put any work into it, so I'll fall back on this excuse for my piss poor effort and call you a sexist if you criticize me even though this would make me a complete hypocrite
We're the sexists because he isn't giving it more effort? Way to back yourself into a hole Jim, you giant retard.
>>
Anyone else feel this guy just isn't suited for director? I get that he's being baited, and that in his own way he's probably trying to say they worked hard on the show - which I respect - but then he goes all "MLP is a feminist show so STFO boys" which worries me.

Just imagine S7 having a fucking episode where one of the main 6 isn't allowed in a building because she's a girl so they have the entire episode be about how unfair stallions can be to mares....This guy is insane enough to actually push his feminism ideas in the fucking show if you see his twitter
>>
>>28633159
rei you fucking crazy
>>
>>28633447
Ishi should take over
>>
>>28633339
> "I'm Ok with people not liking the show"
> GO FUCK YOURSELF

Yeah, not buying that.
>>
>>28633474
I've personally gotten into a pissing contest with the guy he flipped at, named Moliminous, over Twitter and trust me. Moli's a massive faggot with a huge ego and a superiority complex
>>
>>28632807
It's like ghostbusters all over again!

>make a shitty show
>main characters happen to be girls
>"hey ur show is shit"
>"WAAAGH FUCK OFF YOU MISOGYNIST SHITLORD"
>>
>>28633457
I used >>28633198 because I feel that the "for girls" argument has no basis. The show isn't about female struggles it's about friendship. Everyone who got into the show got into it knowing that it was "for girls". If someone tries to say that they're using that statement as an excuse to not care about the show's quality, that's not right.

I actually loved S6, though, a few episodes aside. But that's not because the show is "for girls".
>>
>>28633159
>>28632807
>>28633262

I did not know you could cuck a bachelor. Jim Miller proved me wrong. Top cuck.
>>
File: 1476050766293.png (87KB, 608x610px) Image search: [Google]
1476050766293.png
87KB, 608x610px
>>28633474
>>
>>28633507

source?

This look kinda fake desu
>>
>>28633474
>>28633507
>tfw you hate both people involved
>>
File: Yes I Mad.png (140KB, 900x829px) Image search: [Google]
Yes I Mad.png
140KB, 900x829px
>Slashy's whole tirade
Your idea of "better male character representation" is that they lobotomized Spike from being an actually interesting character to a generic as fuck good guy who can literally never do anything wrong.
Also fuck you for wanting your shitty incomplete mess of storyboard """animation""" to be measured up to the quality of the show rather than the fan-animation it actually is, you pretentious fuck. I'm glad people like you aren't in charge of making the show, it's just sad that the staff are starting to cater to your and others' pathetic image of what makes characters good. Go ahead and play your "I have actual autism" card, I don't give a shit if you are on the spectrum you're still an obnoxious twat.
>>
>>28633528
I hate Jim but I hate Moli more.
>>28633527
Everyone knows it's very real
>>
>>28633224
>>28633193
It's a little disappointing, but not surprising, given "better representation of women in movies/shows" has been Faust's personal crusade for basically her entire career.
>>
>>28633507
Honestly, Jim was right to tell that twat to fuck off.
>>
we had a pretty good February this year

I guess the drama storm just decided to come late
>>
>>28633507
It's real latefag
>>
>the mod need to approve your message now

This is the biggest level of shill. How many hasbropoints you win for this shill and how many seth need to make another trixie 2part episode?
>>
I still can't get over this shit.
>criticize his work
>"It's just a show for little girls."
>in the next fucking breath
>"Little girls deserve quality entertainment just as much as boys."
>by his own fucking admission shows the lack of quality and how little he cares
>calls everyone else a sexist
I'm fucking seething at this level of hypocrisy right now.
>>
File: 13 Cynder sm.jpg (356KB, 600x905px) Image search: [Google]
13 Cynder sm.jpg
356KB, 600x905px
>>28633577
Seth has no loyalty to sell
>>
File: bait.png (20KB, 614x146px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
20KB, 614x146px
kek, literally 30 seconds
>>
>>28633527
It's real and the reason why Jim protected his tweets in the first place.
He even admited it on his damage control letter to Equestria daily.
>>
>>28632807
>Big Jim spergs about sexism only he sees
Shocker.
>>
>>28633640

>he actually reply to that bait

The absolute MADMAN
>>
>>28633499

Everyone who went into watching the mlp knowing the target audience became pleasantly and then overwhelmingly surprised at its quality. A few people will back into the mindset of "well its just a show for little girls after all" whenever the quality dips for even just an episode.

The show works and was very well recieved because writing good female characters takes more effort than writing "grrl power" which everyone was expecting to get when MLP premiered. Not half assed worldbuilding also helps. Good characters attract everyone, regardless of gender. I hope Big Jim doesn't forget that.

I fucking loved S6, personally. Lumps and all
>>
>>28633640
>Senpai browses here
>>
>>28633656
>writing good female characters takes more effort than writing "grrl power"

This fucking exactly. When I first watched the show, I was expecting to cringe every time I saw Rarity. But holy shit she's everything. She's one of the strongest girls out there as well as being the most generically girly. What drew me to the show was how great the characters were done and how deep the world felt. There was a logic to it. Everything felt fantastical, but alive.
>>
File: silver quill.png (30KB, 817x255px) Image search: [Google]
silver quill.png
30KB, 817x255px
>silver shill
>being sensible

I'm very pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>28633685
I love Rarity and like DWK said, shes a role model for everyone but she's such a massive cunt towards Spike for abusing his love for her to get him to be her personal slave.
>>
>>28632998
>These threads are fucking stupid. OP is just trying to keep stirring the pot.
>People enjoy stirring the pot
>on 4chan
No shit sherlock. That doesn't make anything Jimbo said less retarded. If he didn't try to hide his flimsy excuse "I-it's just a little girl's show guys, it doesn't need to be good!" behind "E-everyone that says mean things to me is sexist!" no one would give a shit.
>>
>>28633695
Based.
>>
>>28633695
I'll have to give him a watch. I've heard lots of good things about Silver Quill
>>
File: the game end here.png (27KB, 614x250px) Image search: [Google]
the game end here.png
27KB, 614x250px
thread over
>>
>>28632807
Who the fuck is Big Jim?
>>
>>28633743
The director of MLP since...I don't know...S6 maybe?
>>
>>28632864
>that whole part came out of nowhere
>>28632883
>I don't think anyone is complaining about the "lack of male characters in the show" and I have no idea where that point is coming from

Have you ever been in an episode sticky for an episode featuring a male character in an even slightly negative light? There's always at least one Anon who complains about "another wasted male character". I'd assume this kind of complaint gets flung at him on twitter too, which increases the perceived size of it. But saying it doesn't happen is pretty stupid because if you spend a little time on here you'll see it.
>>
>>28633712
He's slow as fuck, especially lately, and he has some cringe inducing running gags but as a whole he's alright.
>>
>>28633685

Rarity is easily one of the best female characters I've ever seen. I'm a little disappointed in myself, but DWK put all the reasons she's a great character in about a minute.
>>
>>28633533
>Your idea of "better male character representation" is that they lobotomized Spike from being an actually interesting character to a generic as fuck good guy who can literally never do anything wrong.
well before that he could never do anything right
>>
>>28633760
Except shes a cunt towards Spike
>>28633791
He was Twilights voice of reason for seasons 1, 2 and 3. He balanced her faults.
>>
>>28632847
So it's fair to say the show has girls in mind mainly, but that it should be inclusive for everyone?

At one point I was sort of sympathetic for Jim having to deal with the Twitter comments (i emphasize (sort of"). But now? He's gonna go down this petty route to take shots just to spite? Fuck him.
>>
>>28633054
Not disagreeing with the general sentiment in your post, but it is a stereotype. Being a stereotype doesn't have anything to do with whether something is true or not, just whether it's a trait, or group of traits, is broadly attributed to a group of people. Most stereotypes are actually based in truth, which is why they became stereotypes.

It's equally retarded to deny a stereotype being generally true as to assume, or act like, a stereotype is always true.
>>
>>28633262
Underage detected. Feminism used to be all about "equal rights for women". It's only fairly recently that it's been twisted to mean "more rights for women, at the expense of men".
>>
I wonder what Faust has to say about this
>>
>>28633848
That's a damn good question. Has she made any comment at all about this? Does she even know about it?
>>
File: 1450237871052.png (362KB, 800x786px) Image search: [Google]
1450237871052.png
362KB, 800x786px
>>28632807
>gender studies shit
I don't know or care what this is all about but I'm sure it's tumblr's fault somehow.

>responding to people who harass you on twitter
It's pretty astounding how fragile adults can be. It's almost like some people get more brittle with age as their world view becomes less flexible due to years of emotional baggage piling on.
>>
>>28633339
It's reasonable until you realize what the context is him, and others, implying that little girl's shows deserve less quality by using it as a flimsy excuse when they're criticized. He's playing morally outraged SJW about his own words and attributing it to the fandom.

>This sucked for this reason
>It's just a little girl's show!

>This sucked, but I guess it's just a little girl's show
>How dare you say that, girls deserve the same quality as everyone else!
>>
>>28633848
>>28633857

She already have a real baby, she don't care about us and her show anymore
>>
>>28633848
Honestly she'd probably say that all the men need to go away. She's pretty third wave feminist.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-11-17-20-41.png (221KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-11-17-20-41.png
221KB, 540x960px
>>28633871
>but I'm sure it's tumblr's fault somehow
Kek

Also, my waifu came up in the CAPTCHA
She has a street named after her
>>
File: jim.png (237KB, 883x453px) Image search: [Google]
jim.png
237KB, 883x453px
>>28633728
>If you want to yell at me, I'll be on Twitter
>pic related
Hmm...
>>
>>28633728
Evertyhing there is so fucking hypocrite.
>>
>>28633848
What she says in >>28632847 is pretty similar to what Jim says here, that the show, which has a network-regulated target demographic is made in a way that the creators hope that parents or boys or other viewers will enjoy it too.
>>
>>28633894
I tweeted him without following him. Does that mean he didn't get my tweet?
>>
File: 1471834348040.png (1MB, 1030x941px) Image search: [Google]
1471834348040.png
1MB, 1030x941px
>>28633159
>toxic
I can't stand people that use this unironically.
>>
>>28633875
This, and bless her for it
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-11-17-24-42.png (89KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-11-17-24-42.png
89KB, 540x960px
I tweeted this at him as my advice just now.
>>
>>28633912
Well at the very least it seems to mean I won't be able to see his response if he responded.
>>
>>28633912
Not sure. You can tweet him this very question and see if he responds, or you can just follow him for as long as he keeps his account protected. Although if it's protected I'm not sure you could see his answers anyway if you aren't following him.
>>
>>28633952
I think if you followed him before he made it private, you can tweet at him. He responded to one of me tweets about 30 minutes ago
>>
>>28633952
Haha well, his tweets are protected so I won't be able to see his response if he responds. So I have no way of knowing if he sees my tweet or not.
>>
>>28632807
>Do you have a problem that the show is for little girls?
Not really

in cases like this i like to think about the manga Bakuman. That is a manga about two shonen manga creators(shonen manga are manga for teenage boys). At one point they wondered if they should appeal more to the female demographic, because they have a lot of female fans, however their editor called them idiots for even thinking so, because in the end these female readers read it the way it was. They read it for the way it was written for boys. If they wanted some girly shoujo mess they would read stuff like that.

In other words, if the majority of fans wanted the show to change we wouldn't be watching it in the first place.
>>
>>28633912
Yes.
>>
>>28633996
I mean no dammit, mind slipped. He will get the tweet.
>>
>>28634002
Thanks. That's what it seemed like from what I read but wanted to make sure.
>>
>>28633159
>bald faggot with glasses is deepthroating futacock
Why is Miller such a cuck?
>>
>>28633129
Actually, it's a lack of philosophy that does that. It's often been philosophy that's discredited popularly held ideas, and non-philosophers who clung to them.
>>
>>28632999
She's in favor of shirtgate. You remember. The feminists harassing the guy who landed a FUCKING spacecraft on a FUCKING comet, ask because he wrote a shirt that they didn't approve of. They don't even care that it was a gift given to him by his female friend, who made it herself.

She drank the koolaid a long time ago, and she's just as crazy as all the other feminists. She just hides it better.

I keep having to call bullshit on that "there are no shows that have girls in them" idea. Every single show that I can think of that fits in the same category having a cast of characters going around solving problems always has at least one female character on the "hero squad" getting things done just like the rest of the guys.

There's none of that in MLP, save for the end of the equality cult town episode that showed a competent secondary cast that included at least the balloon guy. That was very brief, but it shows that they can at least comprehend the idea of mixing the genders of the main cast.

I have no respect for someone who asserts that sexist descriminization exists on a huge level (with no examples or proof), whines about sexist discrimination being bad, and then explicitly goes out of their way to create more extreme sexist discrimination. They're full of shit, and usually a far worse problem than whatever strawman fantasy they claim to try fight against.
>>
>>28633833
>White feather campaign
>N-no! Feminism used to fight the good fight, it's not inherently evil, guise!
>>
>>28634061
I'll never forget her stance on that 'incident'. She was trying to make a point and soiled it in one sentence.
>>
>>28633205
You go out of your way to exclude any male characters from the main cast. Only have them as side characters, if that. If you can make half of them mute, retarded, or disgusting, then that's all the better for teaching girls to be afraid of, and avoid, men. Gotta get that indoctrination in while they're young, after all.
>>
>>28633728
>dozens of tweets say they're not trying, based on the low quality of S6 yes, >opinions, but even if you happen to like S6 please recognize that many others dislike it for various reasons
>one (1) tweet says that they're not trying BECAUSE they don't care about making a good show for little girls
>Jim goes apeshit, writing a wall of text about feminism and arguing in the comments that they DO care about making quality entertainment for girls
>ends by acting like he's disproved the original claim about low effort/low quality overall
Protip, nobody cares WHY you're making a shitty show, we'd just like you to knock it off, or at least acknowledge that there are legitimate issues. If someone says "X sucks", don't say "fuck off, the show's not for you". Instead try "we did that to save money", or "Hasbro made us do it", or even "we thought the episode was better that way because of A, B, and C".
>>
>>28633728

Does he have an email or something that isn't retarded 140 character Twitter?
>>
>>28634114
Pic? I can't remember her exact post.
>>
>>28634190
I don't have it either, but what I remember of it was that she was trying to downplay it, it was no big deal, pretty much what we were all saying, but then threw in the line "Yes it was a mistake for him to wear that,"

It was a mistake for him to wear that. As in, he was asking for all the harassment due to what he was wearing. Let that sink in for a moment, especially considering who said it.
>>
>>28633495
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
>>
>>28632883
I disagree. Hayao Miyazaki is considered a feminist and his movie heroines tend to be strong women with strong motivations without resorting the "men are stupid" strawman, instead portraying his female characters as being just as competent as their male peers without implying they are somehow superior. MLP is the same way.
>>
>>28634203
kek. I'd respect the man if he wasn't too much of a pussy to ignore them.
>>
>>28634107
Emphasis on "used to". Modern-day feminism may have been taken over by man-hating psychos, but if you think it was always that way, then you are factually incorrect.
>>
>>28634215
He fucking cried during an interview when asked about it. I lost sooooo much respect for him, I was actually mad at him.
>>
>>28634213
>MLP is the same way.
kek. Nice joke.
>>28634220
It was never about equal rights, but about more rights for women.
>>28634241
As mad as I am for them pushing someone to this for just wearing a shirt, him being a pathetic child just pissed me off.
>>
>>28634220
>white feather campaign
>in which women were encouraged to hand out white feathers to any man they saw who was not wearing a uniform
>feminists shaming young men into joining the great war
>good
This is first wave, pre-sufferage feminism.
>>
>>28634251
>As mad as I am for them pushing someone to this for just wearing a shirt, him being a pathetic child just pissed me off.

Same here, I felt so much disdain I didn't know who i hated more.
>>
>>28634261
>for equal rights
>never once marched so they would be sent into the front lines to get shot
>fight so they get the same shit as men for far less work
>shame anyone who doesn't conform to what they want
How was it ever for more than female rights and improvement?
>>
>>28634285

I don't know about this particular guy, but another guy named Maximillian accidently said "nigger" on his stream and was roasted alive by the PC faggots.

He kept being badgered about it and finally came out with a response, apologizing for hurting anyone and coming to tears over how it was an accident and would never meaningly use the word, how he didn't want to hurt anyone.

He's a good fucking man that just cares about video games and people, it's more about how despicable the PC faggots are for driving people like this to madness over some perceived offense

I don't doubt most people are not "in-tune" with this war on SJW, don't understand how vile they are, and think genuinely that people were hurt by what they did. Does everyone need to be a bitter asshole fighting internet wars?
>>
>>28634333
It's for equal rights wherever that brings up women of course.
>>
>>28634107
Don't forget the reaction to the arrest of Lorena Bobbit, who got famous for sexualy mutilating her husband!

Or the dozens of quotes from famous feminists who have major book sales behind them. These weren't just nuts, they were hateful nuts who were literally writing ideology's foundational texts, and they were and are still very popular.

It's rotten to the core, and always has been. The only way they can make the past sound good is by lying through omission. And sometimes just outright lying.
>>
>>28633833
Indeed, I suspect it has something to do with this generation's desire to be absolved of all responsibility and just be taken care of by the Nanny State. If only more people read the works of Robert A. Heinlein, who always emphasized the importance of personal responsibility that came with freedom in his stories.
>>
> ITT: Jim's buttkissing squad derailing the conversation with feminism bullsgit.

The bald turd is a cowardly faggot trying to save face. THAT'S the real topic here.
>>
>>28634434
>> ITT:
Not really what's happened ITT
>>
>>28632830
>FiM's male characters are better than most male characters in shows designed for little boys

>completely forgetting about Cap, Spidey, Bats, Tony, Dexter, Samurai Jack, Shiro, Mac, Lion-O, Duke Hauser, Virgil, Danny, and a plethora of other good boys that I can't even name right now because there's so many of them
FiM's male characters are good only by the standards set by other cartoons for little girls. As far as cartoons in general, they're honestly incredibly shitty.
>>
Jim is such a loser he has a zoosk account
>>
>>28634540
> ITT: /pol/tards derailing the conversation with feminism bullshit
Better?
>>
File: 1472475230678.gif (1MB, 533x587px) Image search: [Google]
1472475230678.gif
1MB, 533x587px
>>28632807
>>
>>28634593
Nice buzzwords.
>>
>>28632847
To be fair she thinks all bronies are now sexist rapists and spouts pro female supremacy all day on twitter
>>
are the feminist or the religious worse?
>>
>>28634654
>implying feminaziism isn't a religion unto itself
>>
>>28634654
Actual isis/alqueda, but since as someone living in a 1st world country you won't ever have to deal with it IRL feminists are worse since they are in your face over it.
>>
>>28634654
Well that depends. As far as religion goes, true Christians are pretty great. Feminist Christians are pretty terrible. Muslims are bad all around, whether they're the true Muslims you see in the Middle East or the feminist Muslims we get in America.
>>
>>28633314
The sexism argument has never made sense when you get down to seriously trying to understand problems or how to solve them. In fact it often makes problems worse.

Ever since Sarkeesian, Gamergate, and all the "misogyny" brow-beating, /v/ has been completely resistant to female main characters or people of color taking a leading role if they aren't a gangster or something stereotypical. Why? Seems like we've regressed, because years ago Wild Arms 3 had a female leader, two of the best pilots in Ace Combat 5 were black or a woman, and really I could go on. Nobody as mad about that stuff then, but now people are angry just because they think it's supporting people who condescend at them.

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar, and when you try to drown people alive with vinegar they start trying to fight you off.
>>
>>28632807
This is where the ride ends, not with a crash, but with a hipster.
>>
You could watch every gay porn video on xtube and still not see as much dickriding as in the comments on the EQD article, fucking hell.
>>
>>28634705
Why do you think Miller went there to post his whiny rant?

He knew they would kiss his butt to make his fuckup look less important and save face (and his job)

The guy only cars about attention and buttkisses. His excuse for telling a guy to go fuck himself and then labeling EVERY male fan with the same insult was "Buh-buh I was having a bad day..." and of course, EqD's faggots immediately began licking his arsehole to make him feel better.
>>
i think jim nailed it and mlp:fim is a great example of feminism.

to big jim:

ignore these people. they're just being overly cynical because they're on 4chan and if they don't act like they hate everything they'll get called names.
>>
>>28634738
no, we just don't view the world through rose tinted glasses or feel the need to be sheltered from legitimate criticism by crotch-licking sycophants here
>>
>>28634747

don't be too much of an example of what i mean, now.
>>
>>28634763
Isn't it past your bedtime, kiddo?
>>
>>28632807
At least Faust had the balls to come here. Why don't you do that for once huh, "Big" Jim?
>>
File: 1418769169196.png (23KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1418769169196.png
23KB, 256x256px
>>28633728
>>28633894
>>
>>28634777

i hope he hangs out in the streams when the episodes air instead of on here.
>>
>>28634738
>>28634763
Faust herself said some of the most thoughtful and insightful criticisms of the show came from here. Anyone with any passion for this show stopped working on it a long time ago, and anyone that doesn't have their nose shoved up Jim or Hasbro's ass knows it. Trotting out the "i...it's for girls" excuse is a pathetic copout to try to justify the noticeable lack in quality since people like Josh "it's nothing but a paycheck to me" Haber took over writing.
>>
>>28634777
We'd alternate between dumping on him and asking him to validate the worst possible headcanons.

Besides, it's not like there's a clear or apparent vision for the show right now. What would he have to tell us about? That he's planning an episode to explain why Pinkie works at the bakery? That stuff sounds fine on paper, but you know all they'd do is dead-end that open avenue and reveal insanely boring and deflating things about Pinkie they won't be able to go back on.
>>
>>28634794
>Trotting out the "i...it's for girls" excuse
Did you even read Jim Miller's wall-of-text? The entire point was that "it's for girls" ISN'T a valid excuse for putting in low effort. He has a whole other set of excuses for putting in low effort - see >>28633728
>>
>>28634825
Right, Jim is finally agreeing with his critics and treating that agreement as a refutation.
>>
>>28634825
Then why even bring up the show's target demographic at all?
>>
>>28634809
This. We all thought it would great to see how Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader with the prequel trilogy but then when it was revealed he was a whiny, angsty former slave boy it kind of ruined our image of him as some badass evil Sith lord. Still made for some great humor on Robot Chicken, though.
>>
>>28632807
What exactly is the problem here?
>>
>>28633093
>not tied to a political movement

But Jim. It is.
>>
>>28634794

there's nothing wrong with the quality of the show nor is there any evidence of any lack of effort. you not liking it is indicative of neither of these things as well.

again, i get it, though. the response here is to call me a hasdrone.
>>
>>28634680
>Why
Because it wasn't as aggressively politicized back then.

Nowadays, it's much more likely that it's being done as part of some kind of agenda that's going to hide behind "racism, misogyny" or some other now-meaningless word to smear anyone who doesn't go along with their reprogramming.

You can't really deny that there's an ideological push to change established things for an explicitly racist and sexist agenda as opposed to because it's a new concept being given a fair shake in the marketplace of ideas. It's never about the characters or the story, it's all about pushing a false narrative and further dividing people. It's gotten slightly less noticeable, but whether that's because we've become slightly numb to the iconoclasm or because they've started to learn the very basics of subtlety, I'm not sure.
>>
>>28634835
>Jim is finally agreeing with his critics
In what sense? To me it looks like he's trying to dispute the ideas both that (1) "it's for girls" is an excuse for low effort, and that (2) the team puts in little effort in general. (But he only really succeeded at #1)

>>28634839
The current shitstorm was sparked off by some dumbass on Twitter saying that MLP being a show for little girls explains why the show staff don't put in much effort these days.
>>
>>28633507

someone have source of this?
>>
>>28634883
>nor is there any evidence of any lack of effort
You mean other than one of the staff directly implying he doesn't give a shit about the show and is just in it for a paycheck?

Shill harder, hasdrone.
>>
>>28633507

>upload this to derpibooru
>everyone call it fake
>deleted

kek
>>
>>28634895
>In what sense?
That the show being for little girls isn't a valid excuse for low quality.
>>
>>28634912

being in it for a paycheck should generally mean you're putting forth a good effort, don't you think?

i mean, again, i get it, 4chan, you hate everything, you're anon and never forgive never forget etc -- but it's really clouding your judgment.
>>
>>28634850
Man, they JUST did this with Big Mac and the explanation for why he always says "Yep" and "Nope" all the time. It's self-imposed, like a vow of silence, only it's mainly so Applejack can get a word in after proving she'd lie about shit and cause problems when she does the talking.

Even though Mac is still quiet when he's alone, or with ponies that aren't Applejack.

Like, I didn't realize I cared why Mac was taciturn. I figured, well, I get it. He's just like that. But now we have an episode that reveals he's like that because of some very wilful reason and every time I see him it's going to bug the hell out of me.

Like, yeah, Darth Vader is an imposing villain NOW. But knowing about his past as the complete opposite of that really confuses the feelings.
>>
Why does this guy even post on Twitter? It's obvious that he is a an easy target for trolls and he is way too thin skinned when they pick at him, so what is the point. Why doesn't he just work on his pony show and leave the fan drama to the fans instead of feeling the need to constantly reply to it?
>>
>>28634883
You can't deny that there are more human poses, meme faces, modern technology, and modern-looking cities in S6 than there were in S1. In S1 they were much stricter about keeping those out of the show - that's why we got things like Twilight and Celestia's neck-hug at the end of the premiere, or the old-style train pulled by ponies. Having these modern elements weakens the worldbuilding, and including them gives the appearance of laziness on the part of the show staff (certainly it's easier to have the ponies do whatever humans would do in a particular situation, rather than think about how ponies might do things differently as a result of their nature).
>>
>>28634926
>being in it for a paycheck should generally mean you're putting forth a good effort, don't you think

No, generally when someone says "I'm just in it for a paycheck" they're implying they don't give the slightest FUCK about the quality of their work and they're just doing the minimum to get by and get paid.

Are you socially fucking retarded?
>>
>>28634794

Can you just lay out a comparison of the quality between then and now? I'm still enjoyign the show and don't see what the fuss is about
>>
>>28634926 here:

also, i want to see where he said that.

>>28634933

there's nothing you posted that counts as effort of lack of effort. sorry -- changing the setting and using different animation techniques doesn't mean 'lazy'. just because you dislike these things doesn't make it that way -- grow up.
>>
File: jim mij.jpg (174KB, 646x553px) Image search: [Google]
jim mij.jpg
174KB, 646x553px
>>28634883
>>
>>28634936
Not the same anon, but I've been in threads where you can talk about that stuff. Sometimes the issues are subjective, sometimes not.

Personally, I think season six has been doing the following:
1. Over-relying on exposition
2. Not letting characters express a dynamic enough range of emotions
3. Over-relying on modular scenes to pad out time
4. Exploring places, history, or characters in ways that close doors instead of opening them.

Those are some more objective complaints you could make. As for the subjective ones, they're things you can always just choose to disagree over.
>>
>>28634956
>>28633894
>>28633728
>>28633507

Someone need to make a compilation of this
>>
>>28634956

he cares about producing something he likes and if you don't like it -- tough.

that's what i got from that.

are you trying to stretch that into an admission of him saying he doesn't care about the show, or he isn't putting in real effort..?
>>
File: 1476050766293s.jpg (7KB, 249x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476050766293s.jpg
7KB, 249x250px
>>28634978
>>
>>28634956
I don't see anything wrong with this one in particular. Show people aren't obligated to put themselves out on social media to be on trial for their product. The fact that he does means he shouldn't bitch about it though.
>>
File: 1476121902832.png (18KB, 608x109px) Image search: [Google]
1476121902832.png
18KB, 608x109px
>>28634978
>>28634968
>>
>>28634991

i can only read three words in that picture for ants. are you trying to tell me something?
>>
>>28634978
We don't like his era and we don't think he cares about anything else but his paycheck and his e-fame.

If you or him dislike this opinion- tough.
>>
let's all face it: if it wasn't made for little girls, it wouldn't be this popular
>>
File: 7BP37JR.gif (1003KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
7BP37JR.gif
1003KB, 400x400px
People seem to forget
>>
>>28633695
Our guy
>>
>>28634925
That's not what he's been using the "show for little girls" card for, by the looks of it. It sounds to me like he thinks the show is good, and when people tell him it's not, he disregards their opinion because they aren't the target audience.

>>28634941
>also, i want to see where he said that.
He didn't, that was Josh Haber, the S6 story editor.

>there's nothing you posted that counts as lack of effort
The problem isn't that they're changing the setting, it's that they're changing it by removing the unique and interesting elements and making it more like the real world. It's possible they are making these changes on purpose, which would be a bit disappointing, but I don't think that's the case. Faust has talked before about how she had to constantly fight to keep the technology level consistent and avoid human poses whenever possible. So when the show starts slipping from that standard, with no explanation or apparent benefit, it's more likely due to carelessness than any coherent plan.
>>
>>28635033
4chan thinks primarily with their dicks. What else to expect?
>>
>>28633894
I sent him a tweet. We'll see if he answers anything.

I guess he didn't block me since I haven't been on twitter much in the last year or so.

Now, we wait.
>>
>>28635065
What sort of tweet? I hope you're not wasting time asking about feminism or whether or not MLP is for little girls.
>>
>>28635043
>. It's possible they are making these changes on purpose,
It's to make their job easier.

Why working hard on a story where Twilight and company venture into some old ruins to look for a missing magic item that could help them to avoid disaster when instead they can make an episode about ponies driving cars?

Or why they should bother with cool and interesting settings when they can just copy a generic earth location and pretend it's "pony" by adding some horseshoes and a punny name on it?

why they should work hard by writing a holiday story when they can simply steal Charles Dicken's idea and create another generic Christmas Carol ripoff?

That's why they don't care. They want to take the easiest, cheapest route instead of putting any real effort on the show.

Oh, but you don't get to complain, because the show is for little girls, not for u.
>>
>>28635095

your first example really discredits the rest of your post -- as if adventuring into an ancient castle is somehow less hackneyed than ponies driving cars.

i mean really, ponies in cars? that's kinda fucking sick.

>Charles Dicken's

ouch.
>>
>>28634933
I mean, to be fair, there was that massive science machine in Feeling Pinkie Keen, and the fact that Twilight flicked a light-switch in the very first episode, but I see your point.
>>
>>28635106
> ur first eexample discredits u so I win u lose LEAVE MR MILLER ALOOOOONEEE!

Do you want a tootbrush to clean Jim's shit off from your lips and teeth?
>>
>>28635111

so, what's the most technologically advanced thing in the show and what's so wrong with it?
>>
>>28635122

hey, relax. go write your castle-adventure-gotta-get-a-relic story into a fanfic if you think it's so much more original than literally ponies in cars. do they call it horsepower?
>>
>>28635123
I don't think there's anything wrong with the technology. I like season six. I was pointing out the fact that season one DID have technology and that it's not a new thing.
>>
>>28635138

i know -- and i know my post seemed pointed in that way, i just really wanted to ask that specific question because i feel like the highest tech right now is a dirigible.
>>
File: cheerilee tired of your shit.png (462KB, 640x906px) Image search: [Google]
cheerilee tired of your shit.png
462KB, 640x906px
>>28635089
I'm responding directly to one of the things he's saying regarding his core motivations behind making the show. Which he's said more than once on his twitter adventures, I'm sure.

I hope you're not wasting time implying that he's bringing up irrelevant stuff in his tweets.

But if it'll make you feel better anon, no, the word feminism does not appear in my tweet. We both know that if it was just a show for little girls, it would have been dead after two, maybe three seasons at max, with no spin-offs, and probably would have been even worse than the gen 3.5 abomination.
>>
>>28635106
>less hackneyed
No one cares. The storylines have always been predictable. But exploring the old castle is consistent with the prior worldbuilding, the backstory, and the nature of ponies, while driving cars is not.

>>28635135
>do they call it horsepower?
I would be disappointed, but not surprised in the least, if they did. "Ponypower" would be a marginal improvement. But best of all would be not having self-powered cars in the first place.

>>28635138
>I like season six.
I like season six too, but I think it would be better if they quit adding modern technology and such with total disregard for the fantasy worldbuilding elements.
>>
>>28635122
>> ur first eexample discredits u so I win u lose LEAVE MR MILLER ALOOOOONEEE!
I'm actually pretty impressed that that britney spears fan video meme managed to last this long.
>>
>>28634632
It was nice while it lasted.
>>
File: cars not carts.jpg (80KB, 604x336px) Image search: [Google]
cars not carts.jpg
80KB, 604x336px
>>28635123
>>
>>28635201
the internet never forgives and never firgets
>>
>>28632807

>tries to sound smart
>doesn't realize that most people if they criticize an episode are criticizing flaws in thw writing, not the lack of an y-chromosome.
>thinks this is about gender politics

yeah...
>>
>>28635195
>No one cares

it's pretty relevant when the argument is whether or not the writers are putting forth effort.

>driving cars is not

they have a hot air balloon in the intro of the show dude. that's a *bit* more advanced than a go-kart, you dishonest cretin.
>>
Ah yes, the path to equality is by overrepresenting one gender while underrepresenting another. Jim, you've made yourself a part of the problem.
>>
>>28635213
>cars not carts

you watched them carve them out of wood, you boob.
>>
File: beautiful human being.jpg (74KB, 400x538px) Image search: [Google]
beautiful human being.jpg
74KB, 400x538px
>>28635229
>>>28635201
>the internet never forgives and never firgets

>firgets

You are a beautiful human being.
>>
What is it with Jim and negative comments? He can't handle trolls or haters, and takes all criticism personally. If he can't deal with that stuff or block it out he should stay away from the internet.
>>
Can someone with a twitter account ask him how Fluttershy will deliver the baby?
Will she birth it like a regular mammal? Or would she lay a dragon-like egg?

Regardless of how she delivers it ask him how she will feed it. Crotch tits or would she have to chew food and regurgitate it into Discord Jr's mouth.

Jim will surely know the answer!
>>
File: applejack stare.png (93KB, 286x420px) Image search: [Google]
applejack stare.png
93KB, 286x420px
>>28635241
>>they have a hot air balloon in the intro of the show dude. that's a *bit* more advanced than a go-kart

You can't be serious.
>>
>>28635241
Wrong by 200 years
>>
>>28635258
>>>28635229
>>>>28635201(You)
>>the internet never forgives and never firgets
>
>>firgets
>
>You are a beautiful human being.

>(You)
Fuck.
>>
>>28635258
This reminds me of the "no tomato for the potato" post.
>>
>>28635270
>>28635267

we're talking carving a vehicle out of wood and slapping wheels on it vs. flight.
>>
>>28635256
And you watched them drive uphill, didn't you?
>>
>>28635292
A go-kart is a small motorized vehicle intended to be driven on a closed course.

What you are describing is called a wagon.
>>
>>28635292
They are blatantly powered even if the bodies are made of wood.
>>
>>28635241
The first manned hot air balloon was demonstrated in 1783 while the first modern car was built in 1885, though "Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot ...[built] the first full-scale, self-propelled mechanical vehicle or car in about 1769."

Not the anon you were first responding to, but I feel that hot air balloons or even zeppelins still have kind of a fantasy feel to them, while cars don't. Though that's pretty subjective.
>>
>>
>>28635298

i watched pinkie pie climb up a wall more than once.

>>28635302

i misused the term 'go-kart'.
>>
>>28635292
Are you going by the logic of the Civilization games?
>>
>>28635307

horses don't talk.
>>
>>28635323
Though it looks like Soap Box's didn't become common until sometime in the 1920's, but "The first go-kart was made in 1956 by the man named Art Ingels." So hot air balloons predate go-karts by about 140 years.
>>
>>28635324
Yeah, but this led to a consistency issue too, you recall. Because the question we asked was, "Why aren't Fim and Flam able to buy ANOTHER orchard and put Sweet Apple out of business?" Because that machine was a high-tech dream device that worked perfectly when it was performing at its intended specs.

Basically it was a big ol' setting fucker that didn't fuck the setting because we treated it as unusual, rather than an annual event, and quickly ushered it off screen to never be spoken of it again.
>>
>>28635342
I'd say it's because Avatar: The Last Airbender was a fantasy show that I watched as a child, but it had hot-air balloons and zeppelins, so that's likely warped my view on it.
>>
File: 1463855411403.png (313KB, 499x481px) Image search: [Google]
1463855411403.png
313KB, 499x481px
Well there you have it /mlp/. The shows quality has gone downhill, th fanbase has dwindled into near nothingness, most of the decent staff is gone and shit tier progressive wannabes are left in its place. Season 7 sounds like a nice spot for the show to finally get the axe
>>
>>28632825
The whole 'For little girls" thing is mostly a set of arbitrary parameters to appeal to that demographic. Of course all of humanity can relate to fell fleshed out characters and the themes the show puts forth.

To me it seems as though Jim used that 'for little girls' comment as a defensive tactic to deflect criticism of the people who are not too fond of season six. It's a terrible response, and makes no sense considering he and the entire staff obviously have everybody in mind when making the show, this is no secret and painfully obvious, and what he should have said was "I don't care what the people who don't like the show think", because that's what he actually means.
>>
Though outside of the first season there hasn't been alot of clear rules on what kind of tech Equestria has. In the first season it was clear that the world wasn't quite medieval, but it certainly wasn't modern. I mean, the ponies of Ponyville live in cottages with thatched roofs. Though even in the first season we see fashion shows and cameras, and a train (though pulled by stallions), and I'm pretty sure there was a sound system in show stoppers. I guess maybe it's not smart to analyze the internal consistency of a little girl's show with lazy writers who didn't care.
>>
>>28633159
My response to Big Jim's comment here would have been "Then quit, no one will miss you and that's obviously in line with your beliefs to abdicate your job because you believe someone else deserves preferential treatment based on nothing but their gender - Unless of course you're just full of shit that is Jim"

Alas I do not go to EqD.
>>
>>28635387
>th fanbase has dwindled into near nothingness
Compared to what other average fanbases?

The fanbase isn't as youthfully energetic or vibrant as it was before the mismanagement, but I'd say it's still hugely active compared to the vast majority of other show fanbases in the world, even in it's current state.

I agree with most of the rest of your post, if only because I hate seeing something I liked get cruelly mutilated like this.
>>
>>28635411
Well there was a theme. In literary cricles they call it "romanticism", and it focuses on the beauty of the natural world.

Adding gas powered go-karts, Pony Vegas, and all that other shit gets away from the theme, so the show just doesn't have a theme anymore. Unless you count "lol friendship" as a theme, I guess, but in my opinion "lol friendship" is more like the show's mantra or something. Testing friendships would involve conflict and hardship, which is also something we've gradually gotten away from.
>>
>>28633533
Spike can't be a voice of reason for a character that doesn't do anything anymore.

He's now the voice of reason to the pony that actually does something.
>>
>>28635366
>Basically it was a big ol' setting fucker that didn't fuck the setting because we treated it as unusual, rather than an annual event, and quickly ushered it off screen to never be spoken of it again.
Yeah, the design of the thing helps a lot too, it look like the result of a threesome between a steam engine, a sail boat, and an easy-bake oven as opposed to anything sort of proper machinery, but shit like Dash's cart and the cart on the left here >>28635213 are just a fucking vintage race car and some guy's sedan with parts painted brown, so it ends up looking more out of place than something entirely bizarre and of the crew's own design.
>>
so Big Jim cannot accept that S6 is trash outside of a couple eps?
>>
>>28635195
Modern technology isn't an issue if it is well implemented.
>>
>>28635482
>Testing friendships would involve conflict and hardship, which is also something we've gradually gotten away from.

I don't think I'd necessarily agree with that sentiment. I haven't actually watched all of Season 6 yet, but from what I have there's been a fair amount of hardship and a testing of friendships, though not among the Mane 6. "The Gift of Maud Pie" tested Pinkie and Maud's relationship, "On Your Marks" sorta tested the CMC's friendship, "No Second Prances" was full of tests and hardships for the new friendship of Starlight Glimmer and Trixie. I guess I can't think of examples in the opener, closer, or Newbie Dash, but I'd say that's still pretty good. Maybe not quite as good as seasons 1 or 2, but pretty good.

Fuck repurposing real life locations for the show though. It's a fun gimmick once, then becomes lazy writing.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-11-21-01-57.png (120KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-11-21-01-57.png
120KB, 540x960px
Woah. The Frogposter guy apologized and Big Jim forgave him.
This feels weird.
>>
>>28635494
I already commented it in another thread, but if that episode had used home made chariots instead of fucking cars they could have used the exact fucking script and the same fucking lesson without pissing all over the series' original setting.

Rainbow Dash building a roman battle chariot (Scootaloo barely can hold in) , Applejack building a comically small cowboy pioneer chariot (Applebloom can barely FIT inside) and Rarity building an overdecorated chariot (SweetieBelle pulls it, Rarity is the one sittin on it) would have seen way better and less divisive than what we actually got.
>>
>>28635554
Yeah, but they had toys to sell. Or I hope they did, because that's the only sort-of-reasonable justification.
>>
>>28635503
A couple eps?
That implies he ACCEPTED the season had a couple duds?

Because he clearly said he doesn't care if you dislike what they did, he's still incredibly proud of that.
>>
>>28634107
Feminism isn't 'evil'. However it has always been extreme and directed towards furthering womens right above all else. In addition, to it's credit the feminist movement did accomplish several very important things in terms of giving women the same rights as men.

However, in contemporary times I have always felt that such an extreme approach was no longer necessary. A more even approach that considers equal rights from all perspectives I feel would serve everyone better now, cooperation instead of competition.
>>
>>28635549
I did. I'm the one who caused all of this drama shit to happen.
>>
>>28635488
No where did I bring up him being a "voice of reason". In fact, the one thing I especially hate about Spikefags is how much they elevate his "voice of reason" characteristic as being his only redeemable quality. Fuck him for being a kid with an honest desire to prove himself to everyone, fuck him for having the flaw of getting greedy with power. He's supposed to be the "voice of reason" for these stupid fucking ponies who can't do shit without his infinite wisdom to guide them in the right direction. Spikefags do not care about equal character representation, like the feminists that Silver Shill brought up in this cap >>28633695 you all want the other characters to be marginalized so Spike gets better spotlight. You want all the other characters reduced to literal retards that can't think for themselves so that Spike can step in and handle shit for everybody. And with all that persistent bitching to Jim to make Spike a "better" character, everyone got the bland mess that was Gauntlet of Fire and then rejoiced at character assassination and called it character "development".
>>
>>28635603
Don't feel sorry.
You helped us to see Jim's true colors and for that, we will be eternally grateful.
>>
>>28635603
Prove it. Screenshot the Frogposter profile edit screen and post it
>>
>>28635612
>we will be eternally grateful.
I read that in the aliens voices from Toy Story.
>>
>>28635608
The fuck?
I hated GoF because the entire episode was just a cruel trolling for any Spike fans.
Everything was treated like a fucking joke and at the end Spike remained the same- even his first dragon friend was nothing but a fucking throwaway character who was never seen or commented again.
>>
>>28635615
Why would a no name like me even bother proving that? Frogposter is syikes, who is me. I am them. I yelled at jim, he said fuck you to some other guy because I upset him, he locked his twitter, I posted that pic, then he made the rant, which got posted to eqd.
>>
File: th (1).jpg (14KB, 279x480px) Image search: [Google]
th (1).jpg
14KB, 279x480px
>>28635638
>even his first dragon friend was nothing but a fucking throwaway character who was never seen or commented again.
That's happened to a shitton of characters like pic related. It's not new and it doesn't make an episode bad.
Also, we need more porn of him
>>
>>28635648
Ok. I believe you. I knew Frogposter had to be either you or Moli and I doubted Moli would use that name.
That's quite kind to apologize to him like that.
>>
>>28635655
It was treated like the most awesome shit ever- I expected to see Ember visiting Spike or at least Spike fucking writing to her.

That episode was just a fucking reset button trolling prank from the writers against all people who had been asking for a good Spike episode since season 01.
>>
File: file.gif (169KB, 380x280px) Image search: [Google]
file.gif
169KB, 380x280px
>>28633695
fucking based.
>>
>>28635648
>>28635672
>he said fuck you to some other guy because I upset him
Also, he said Go fuck yourself to Moli because Moli has always been a pain to everyone. Even without you angering him, he would have probably still cussed at that faggot
>>
>>28635612
>Jim's true colors
Pretty much everything he said so far has been similar sentiments to what Lauren said years ago. It's a little girls' show made with the intent of being appealing to anyone.

>>28635638
Congratulations, you're one single Spikefan I've seen that didn't like that episode. Everyone else has been calling it the one good Spike episode and even unanimously agreed it fills out the Bingo slot. Another thing that pisses me off is this vile idea that Spike episodes are just so fucking bad that they needed to put that little addendum (and it was actually fucking good for once, can you believe this shit?!). Paraphrased of course.

It sucks when both Spikefans and people who hate him say everything about him is bad or inconsistent, when I think he's one of the better characterized and most consistent characters in the show period.
>>
>>28635608
Even if I did work on the show what I want for Spike doesn't devalue the other characters unless you want it to.

I think every character should have their own successes, that's all. We may disagree about what those successes should be though.
>>
>>28635683
Well maybe we will see more about Ember in season 7. We got Trixie in s1 and didn't see her again till s3 and then didn't see her again till this season. Think how the trixiefags feel. Or Zecora fans. We had her in s1, minor character in s2 for one episode and then we didn't get her again till s4 premiere, s5 finale and she was seen in this season but didn't even get a line.
Look at Celestia and Luna. We barely get them. Why expect anything different with Ember?
>>
>>28635583
>to it's credit the feminist movement did accomplish several very important things in terms of giving women the same rights as men.
I'd give it credit if it gave the same responsibilities to women, but that's not the case.

If someone thinks that there aren't enough punk bands with female leads, and starts their own punk band to drive the trend back and make an honest attempt at working with punk music as a passion, I can respect that. Someone who just bitches, or creates affirmative action to make it happen is worthy of ridicule, not respect.

Most of the people saying things like "a hundred years ago, women had no rights" have even less of an idea about history, since they've been misled. If a man beat his wife, he was punished. If a man was beaten BY his wife, HE was punished. If a man didn't ensure a reasonable standard of living for his family, he was punished. If his wife took out a loan, he was on the hook for paying it back. That's a lot of security and power to have over a person. Men were 100% responsible for how their wives lived and acted in public.

The actual laws that were in place back then were very different and unequal, but the effect they had on security and quality of life on the men and women living under those laws has been... "creatively" adapted in the history that a layperson hears in the world.
>>
>>28635719
My opinion of your opinion hinges on how you felt toward GoF. You mentioned Spike was well-depicted this season, but from what I could tell the only difference between now and previous seasons was how he acted in GoF and a handful of "snarky" comments toward Starlight.
>>
File: 7252.png (444KB, 532x637px) Image search: [Google]
7252.png
444KB, 532x637px
>>28632807
Stop harassing the show staff you autistic no-life basement dwellers.
>>
>>28635795
I liked Gauntlet of Fire and so did many others, I don't know why you are so angry I agree with the majority about something.
>>
>>28632807
Good to see the autism has even spread to the show staff
>>
>>28635795
Also I don't think Spike is all that different in Season 6, he is just given more to do and more characters rely on him.
>>
>>28635727
>Well maybe we will see more about Ember in season 7.
Or maybe not, and then faggots like you will try to apply damage control by claiming that MAYBE we will see her on season 08?

Fuck you and fuck Jim. All what matters is the present and past, and this season was shit.

I wanted it to be good, and instead I'm seeing MORE "maybe next year lol" bullshit over and over again.
>>
File: 8647220.gif (641KB, 532x470px) Image search: [Google]
8647220.gif
641KB, 532x470px
>>28632807
I get it. I get they want to make a show for girls. That's fine. But media still can be criticized, regardless of who it was made for. We don't see people who direct boy's shows going "Well it's just a boy's show!" or saying "How dare the show have to be X because it's a boy's show?" No, people just fucking roll with it.

No one cares if it's a girl's show or not. I understand that he's trying to imply that "This is a show made for children", but the fact that he says girls and then runs into a rant about feminism is just fucking retarded. We get that it's a kid's show. That doesn't spare it the rod of criticism.

If I watch experience any sort of media, I will criticize if for it's bad points, praise it for it's good points, and comment on the parts in between. Hell, I did a fucking critique for a Freddi Fish game as part of a university project. It got the same kind of critical treatment I'd give to a AAA game.

Bottom line, media will be criticized, regardless of audience. The goal is to make that media good, regardless of intended audience. People can recognize quality, regardless of the audience intended, just like they can recognize crap and laziness.
>>
File: 1460754281473.png (123KB, 425x401px) Image search: [Google]
1460754281473.png
123KB, 425x401px
>Get used to it, now you know how little girls feel
>Instead, watch these shows that present an unrealistic standard for men
>Being told that you're acceptable just the way you are and having people care for you is only if you have a vagina

And they wonder why it's hard to "sell" feminism to men who don't fit into traditional gender roles. This logic is faulty. It's like saying

>You don't deserve to have this nice cake, made by professionals explicitly to make something nice
>Go have one of the thousands of shitty mass produced cakes that don't appeal to you, how dare you expect someone who is known for making cakes that are delicious to make one for you, you should be liking those shitty cakes that you hate the flavor of instead
>>
>>28635878
Jeez, Anon. Calm your fucking tits and look on the bright side for once and try to apply an optimistic viewpoint
>>
>>28635816
Because the majority is wrong in this case. Because the majority also thinks Spike is a shit character for flaws he's been shown to have multiple times throughout the series.
Because the majority think that completely getting rid of flaws makes a character good and calls it development.

>>28635831
You mean as in episodes he played a prominent role in? Gauntlet of Fire, Dungeons and Discords, and The Times they are a Changeling makes three where he was a main character. Beyond that most of his appearances was him being a snarky asshole to other characters (mostly to Starlight) or just doing his usual assistant stuff.
>>
>>28635883
please elaborate on your cake analogy because I don't understand it at all. I don't see how it relates to feminism.
>>
>>28635907
Give me a reason to feel optimistic then.

A real reason, not those patronizing turds shat by shills to avoid losing fans, because less fans = less important cartoon, oh noes!

One fucking reason, like for example Miller being fired for his retarded internet tantrum. That would help to make things betetr by getting rid of a problematic asshole who has been making everything about himself and fuck the rest.
>>
>>28635914
And the Crystalling, and his moment in Every Little Thing She Does.

And yeah he hasn't really been a snarky fellow for quite some time, so it is good to have that side back as well.

Season 6 plays up Spike's strengths rather than his weaknesses, the same treatment was done with Fluttershy.
>>
>>28635922
I second this
Please reiterate
>>
>>28632807
HAHAHAHAHAHA JIM IS LOSING IT
>>
>>28635927
Be optimistic because we don't know what the future will bring. Where there is a future, there is hope, and with hope, comes optimism.
We don't know what will happen but let's be happy that good things may come.
>>
File: Cake.jpg (143KB, 1260x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Cake.jpg
143KB, 1260x1040px
>>28635883
I like cake. Can we agree that cake is pretty good?
>>
>>28635947
Fucking kill yourself, motherfucker.

Go sell your shity self help quotes elsewhere.

I will feel happy the day the staff swear they will work so hard on the series that if they receive ONE accurate criticism they all will kill themselves.
Only then I will have a reason to bleieve they are really giving a shit about their job and anything else is pure shilling bullshit.
>>
>>28635922
So let's say there's a company that only makes two kinds of cakes. Half of the population can only like one, the other half the other.

Suddenly there exists a boutique cake shop that makes cakes explicitly because one half of the population doesn't like the cake they get, and talk about how they don't have to eat what they used to anymore.

The other half comes over and asks for a cake that is as good for everyone, and is instead told how much of an asshole they are for "taking" this cake away from people who deserve something better, and how they should go back to their mass produced cake or eat the thing made to improve someone else's situation, not theirs.

What I guess I'm trying and failing to say with this analogy is that "Look at all the shows boys have!" is dumb because there is no impetus to do for boys what all of these shows aim to do for girls, so all of the shows that are "for boys" are irrelevant.
>>
Also do you REALLY think if I started writing for the show that anything I'd do would be all that bad? I've been here for so many years I'd probably avoid writing any character in as you see it as a negative light.

Probably the biggest thing I'd do is write Twilight and Spike as being more like family members to each other, that's it.
>>
>>28635951
Cake can be either good or very poorly made, anon.

I like cake but only if it's very well made. If you try to feed me a crappy cake and tell me "But i thought you loved cake!" you are a fucking asshole.
>>
>>28635922
Are you thick? It's clear by the analogy that he's exactly the sort of passive nu-male that makes up the vast majority of males in the show. Any other representation of them is an "unrealistic standard for men".
>>
File: Cake2.jpg (74KB, 634x467px) Image search: [Google]
Cake2.jpg
74KB, 634x467px
>>28635982
No one is trying to feed you crappy cake. We're on an image board. But if you like cake, that's perfectly acceptable. If you don't like cake though, that's fine too.
>>
File: I honestly have no words.png (453KB, 898x421px) Image search: [Google]
I honestly have no words.png
453KB, 898x421px
Jesus fuck this guy is pathetic.

Twitter as a whole was a mistake.
>>
File: 1468291329823.png (588KB, 1812x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1468291329823.png
588KB, 1812x2160px
>>28635968
>I will feel happy the day the staff swear they will work so hard on the series that if they receive ONE accurate criticism they all will kill themselves
I think those requirements from the writers is a bit out of the ballpark, Anon.
If the show is making you this mad, then you probably outgrew it. Find something else to find joy in because with that outlook on the shiw and writers, youre not gonna find it here.
>>
File: 1468842919880.png (2MB, 2259x2514px) Image search: [Google]
1468842919880.png
2MB, 2259x2514px
>>28635982
I don't like cake
Icing gives me a bellyache
>>
>>28636007
If they promise awesomeness, I fucking DEMAND awesomeness because that's what they told me I would get.

They don't get to make all kind of hollow, irresponsible promises to attract viewers and then saying "Fuck you, it's for little girls, not you" or "Well, quality is subjective lol!" like Jim did on his little Equestria Daily damage control trip.

If they aren't sure about their work's quality then they should resign and make way for more ethical people taking their place. because if you have been paying attention, this show began having problems when the staff became way too smug and started to hype the series as something way better and way more important that how it really was.

Jim fucking loves to do that shit and he has never displayed the balls to face the music when his bragging and hype turns out to be a pile of fucking nothing.
>>
>>28636007
" If u don't like the show's bullshit then GO AWAY, WHO NEEDS U ANYWAY!"

Fixed that for you, Jim.
>>
File: 1469147377026.png (99KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1469147377026.png
99KB, 340x340px
>>28633342
>He even makes a nod at Hasbro being more gender neutral to MLP.
This is what blows my mind more than anything. Like, especially with GoH and the new less pink logo change, it should be obvious Hasbro is trying to remarket the brand so that it can appeals to everything. The new GoH toys have boys and girls playing with them, trying to show that MLP is anything but a "Girls show" and should attract boys too because "Look at all this stuff you can, we swear it's not tea parties and shit."

Jim, however, being the half brained moron he is, apparently is missing this memo, and is acting like it's only for little girls when Hasbro's obviously trying to go for something different, yet he's in denial about it because apparently being a little girl is suffering. Well I'm sure it is, if this is what people like Jim think they deserve.
>>
>>28633728
>"oh no the goyim aren't giving us their brony bucks anymore! I better apologize!"
>>
>>28636056
Well, think of it from a business sense. Hasbro just wants to make it so it's acceptable to buy a MLP toy for a little boy because that means more money.
>>
>>28635878
But season 6 has generally been good. I don't get this "season 6 is shit" meme.

>>28635929
Crystalling I'll give you, forgot he actually played a big part in pushing Starlight and it was one of the things I liked most about the episodes. I don't recall how big of a part he played in ELTSD, I was pretty sure that was mostly Starlight and the others.
Personally never cared for him being the ebin snarker type because it only happened a few times and mostly in Lesson Zero which I didn't care for either, and a couple jokes in Bridle Gossip at the mane6's expense.

>Season 6 plays up Spike's strengths rather than his weaknesses, the same treatment was done with Fluttershy.
Some would argue that NuShy is shit and that the supposed strengths she showcased were never part of her character. But this isn't about Fluttershy.
So which strengths of Spike's did this season play up that makes his characterization stand out more? I've already mentioned I don't consider him being snarky as a defining trait, and previously explained that I hated how much of a bland good guy he was in GoF. Unless there was something else this season that I've been missing I don't think you and I will reach an agreeable compromise.

>>28635975
Sorry for the response time. My first post was admittedly a bit incendiary, but I'm taking careful consideration toward this debate.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't want you or any other fandom-related person working on the show (production-wise, I couldn't care less about VAs unless they picked up someone really bad). Nothing personal I'd just rather they avoid any potential bias from somebody who had been watching it for entertainment up to that point. Sadly the longer the series runs and the more they cycle through staff, the more likely it's going to be that a hardcore fan eventually gets some control.
>>
>>28636047
What promises were made? I seriously have no idea what you're referring to. If they actually made promises to the fandom and failed to deliver, then your rage is warranted.
>>28636052
If its not for you, it's not for you.
I don't go to /a/ and get pissy about the animation style. I don't like it and I don't expect them to change to accommodate my opinions. Many others like it how anime is animated so I just don't watch and don't complain.
You've probably just outgrown the show
>>
File: dashposting don't reply.jpg (42KB, 451x350px) Image search: [Google]
dashposting don't reply.jpg
42KB, 451x350px
>>28632807
So, this is what happens when america try to do a japanese animation.
>>
File: image1.png (248KB, 400x377px) Image search: [Google]
image1.png
248KB, 400x377px
>>28636084
Go back to /a/, weaboo
>>
>>28636066
I don't give two shits and a popsicle about why Hasbro is making things gender neutral, but the point is they are. The fact that Jim Miller can't grasp that, and still is trying to say "It's for girls!" effectively makes him an idiot that goes against what they're trying to do for the brand.
>>
>>28636006

just Twitter? no, Social Media in general was a mistake.
>>
File: weaboo bullshit.png (531KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
weaboo bullshit.png
531KB, 800x800px
>>28636090
Shut up chinese scum.
>>
>>28636093
I actually have a lot of respect for Hasbro trying to make MLP gender neutral. Be it for financial reasons, it shows they are willing to adjust and adapt to a changing society. I respect that.
>>
>>28632807

Meh, he has a point but seriously why is he even doing this? Once he's publicly fighting with autists he's the biggest autist himself.
>>
>>28636076
>But season 6 has generally been good
Seriously Jim... just go away.
You'll only end up disgracing yourself even more.
>>
>>28636106
If I could get rid of any form of social media, it would easily be Twitter. I don't have a Facebook but at least even I can admit it serves a purpose. Twitter is for announcing to the world that you farted, as Jim is so keen on doing, apparently.
>>
File: 1475769831536.jpg (44KB, 600x573px) Image search: [Google]
1475769831536.jpg
44KB, 600x573px
>>28636109
Eat shit, Jap. You disgraced us by teaming up with the Americans.
>>
>>28632807
So, wait, did he really played the card "you're angry because your gender is underrepresented", the season with more male characters? If that was the problem why didn't we complain back in season 1 when there were far less male characters, why are people complaining now? Is he retarded? Or did he thought that if he called us "sexists" we would shut up?
This guy is a fucking idiot. If this letter was supposed to fix his fuck up of saying that this show was "for little girls", he made it even worse.
>>
File: Dyed Hair.png (313KB, 1739x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Dyed Hair.png
313KB, 1739x2000px
>>28632934
How would catering to the interest of a younger female audience automatically make the product "garbage"? Are you saying that what little girls like is basically garbage? Wouldn't that be disingenuous to little girls that the only way to make something they might like be considered as quality is if it appeals to people outside of their demographic?

I'm genuinely curious about it since FiM's success is such a phenomenon and a lot of people attribute it to being because Lauren made it more to appeal to everyone. Does this basically mean that women have bad taste and that a piece of entertainment media isn't quality unless it also only reaches for general appeal? Keep in mind that there are "oldfags" on this board who also like previous generations, such cartoons that were otherwise considered vapid and shallow blatant girl toy commercials. There are even fans of Monster High if the rare occasional threads on /co/ are any indication. Obviously opinions can and will vary regardless of actual quality of the product.
>>
>>28636122
not that anon, but
>mah opinion is fact

if you don't enjoy it, fine, but it doesn't objectively true
>>
>>28636146
>it doesn't mean it's objectively true

fml.
>>
>>28635554
>home-made chariot race
That's a pretty good idea, Anon, not only is it not the aforementioned fucking cars, it's something that fits with the fact that pony-drawn vehicles are a common thing in this setting. Good job.
>>
>>28636146
> Ur opinion is objective so season 06 has been good because I said so

Funny how the same "objectively true" bullshit fits you like a glove, Jim.
>>
File: jim %22the cuck%22 miller.png (316KB, 474x720px) Image search: [Google]
jim %22the cuck%22 miller.png
316KB, 474x720px
>>
>>28636132
I don't even know what the fuck we're arguin about anymore but I don't care, THANKS FOR REMIND ME THIS SONG, I was searching it every fucking where in my anime folder and just noticed now that's from chinese mlp.
>>
File: 1475891661979.png (11KB, 350x373px) Image search: [Google]
1475891661979.png
11KB, 350x373px
>>28636165
someone tweet it at him
>>
>>28636158
for starters, im not jim. secondly i never said my opinion was true. it is just that, my opinion. I liked seasons 5 and 6 more so that 1 and 2. you can like what seasons you want, but to say "Season 6 is objectively shit" is a fallacy of your logic.
>>
>>28636158
>Jim
>Jim
>Jim

Boy, you sure do love claiming anons as Jim to make yourself feel better.
>>
File: 1475909474308.png (783KB, 736x1028px) Image search: [Google]
1475909474308.png
783KB, 736x1028px
>>28636169
Idk what were fighting either.
You're welcome, I guess
>>
>>28636175
>watch the mods replace Anonymous with Jim
>>
>>28636125

I fucking detest Twitter.

I actually hate tumblr even more but at least you don't ever have to go there. Tweets are embedded in all kinds of shit just randomly for no reason and unlike tumblr it's unavoidable.
>>
>>28636106
The development of farming was a mistake, Anon.
Everything's gone downhill since then.
>>
>>28635411
>tech level
In the design book they put out, they said they aim for roughly WWI era technology, with exceptions both to help move the plot along, and to explore how things would be different if the world was run by horses. They actually use cars as an example, saying that they would never be anything more then a novelty, since ponies can run faster than the earliest models. As for why Ponyville was so backwards...it used to be a little podunk hickville in the middle of nowhere. Infrastructure is expensive, and there was no reason to modernize until it became the home of royalty.
>>
Yeah thanks, my interest in the show's pretty much dead, this pretty much seals it.
>>
>>28636202
see you next season, anon.
>>
>>28636202
We'll be sure to keep your seat open.
>>
>>28636208
Open like your ass for Hasbro's dick?
>>
File: What a shame.png (350KB, 573x533px) Image search: [Google]
What a shame.png
350KB, 573x533px
>>28636193
The creation of the wheel is what really started making people lazy, to be honest.
>>
>>28636219
Precisely. Open just like my gaping anus for Hasbro's dick.
>>
>>28636223
forget the wheel, sharpened sticks made hunting too easy
>>
>wants to make girls feel emancipated
>makes equestrian girl

DOES

NOT

FUCKING

COMPUTE

I think that movie alone did more damage to little girls than any of My Little Pony could have ever fixed.
>>
>>28636253
in the end, hasbro is just a company chasing the $$$.
>>
>>28632999

Or I could go and watch a GOOD movie with women as the main characters.
>>
File: 1475230037159.jpg (18KB, 278x265px) Image search: [Google]
1475230037159.jpg
18KB, 278x265px
>>28632807
Why has Jim been acting like a faggot lately? He has never been in too deep in letting people under his skin.

>My Little Pony is fundamentally a feminist show

You know, if the show wasn't good, I would probably dropped it a long time ago because it would've been nothing but feminist related bullshit from the get-go which is why I'm kinda glad Faust left

>Awesome. Get used to it. If you feel, as a man, that your gender is underrepresented in this program, welcome to what it must feel like for every girl watching millions of other shows about and starring boys

>implying girls can't/shouldn't/like shows that the core demographic is guys A.K.A Bakugan, Yu-Gi-Oh! Beyblade, Transformers, etc.

I love you Jim, but please fuck off with that mindset. you're no better than Anita shitkesian at this point saying something so fucking stupid. What's next? You're gonna bitch about his girls are also underrepresented in video games too?

The only thing I agree with him is there is noting wrong with boys liking girl content, but it's nothing new! you think boys like myself never liked shit like Winx Club? Loliock? Totally spies? that cartoon network superhero show staring marvel females? (forgot the name of it) come the fuck on.

TL:DR People who give this much of a fuck about gender representation in cartoons are faggots.
>>
>>28636314
He went full Ted Anderson, we already lost him.

This was a sign of what to expect during S07 and the movie.
>>
File: crossover x-files.jpg (157KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
crossover x-files.jpg
157KB, 900x582px
>>28636047
>"Well, quality is subjective lol!"
That's why X-Files died off towards the end. Everyone just unanimously decided to subjectively evaluate the quality of the show as getting crappy.

I watched through most of X-Files over the last year. The early and middle seasons were pretty great a big chunk of the time. Good worldbuilding, storylines, fun characters, neat situations, twists that kept you guessing, new, inventive takes on old tropes. A different flavour, to be sure, but a lot of these are the qualities that I liked about MLP, now that I think about it.

The last few seasons, however, were crap. They fucked with the overal premise of the show and made it all about Scully's super-healthy magic baby that's going to be so amazing the aliens will kill everything out of sheer terror. They got rid of Mulder and Scully as a team. They stopped with the evil conspiracy sidestory, and even stopped mentioning the aliens a lot of the time.

In short, the show lost the endearing qualities that made it special.

Sure, the video quality and special effects got a lot better, but that alone can't compensate for declining writing quality.
>>
>>28632807
Jim, it's completely fine that FiM is a show for girls. We always knew that it was, along with a toyline made for girls.

But that does not for even one SECOND excuse why the writing has gone down in quality. It's obvious the past seasons writers have left, and been replaced with staff who did not know/care about FiM outside of a paycheck. I get that it's a job and business, but the staff should always have respect for, and take inspiration from, what came before them.

Overall, season 6 was decent. It had some fun episodes and moments. But there were definitely episodes that did not match up to the usual quality that this cartoon is known for.

My hope is that this is a sign of how hard the staff is working on the movie. I think season 7's late, and rather quiet, announcement is proof of that. Not to mention EQG will only be getting 3 shorts next year instead of a full movie.

The FiM movie may be the series finale. It overwhelmingly deserves as much polish, effort, and time as it needs.
>>
File: 1035654.png (158KB, 608x647px) Image search: [Google]
1035654.png
158KB, 608x647px
>>28633640
Could have at least fixed my typo and typed STFU
>>
>>28636314
Actually, I don't think that's even the point. It's just that his letter makes no sense. If the show was always feminist (and I think it actually was, and that was never a problem because it was really good nevertheless, fight me), there's no way no one realized it until he was promoted to director, so using that as an excuse now is stupid. And if he's pretending that for the last 5 season the show was meant for manchildren and that's why we liked it, and we're angry now because just now he decided to make it for little girls, that makes even less sense. Is he pretending to be more feminist than Faust? The letter isn't about feminism, it's about Jim being a complete retard.
>>
File: watch the pink horse anons.gif (4MB, 680x600px) Image search: [Google]
watch the pink horse anons.gif
4MB, 680x600px
>>
>>28636372
I actually read it as "Stay the fuck out."

But that's just my mind.
>>
>>28636412
>inside the lines
Good girl.
>>
>>28636370
Have you stopped to consider that the writers are simply running out of ideas?

Other shows that have lasted this long have more creative freedom because they are are aimed at older audiences while MLP has to conform to the standards of the TV-Y rating. On top of that they have to take care not to infringe on copyrights, avoid upsetting soccer moms with stuff like their initial portrayal of Derpy, etc.

Heck, they keep dancing around the issue of Applejack's parents simply because they can't talk about actual death if they want to keep that rating; the closest to it being Tank's hibernation.

So don't blame the show writers. Blame the FCC for coming up with this retarded rating system that stifles creativity.
>>
>>28636446
> New writers
> Running out of ideas

Okay.
>>
>>28636446
I have to disagree. Yes, the TV-Y rating can be an obstacle for the writers, but that's no reason for characters that have been so well established to become OOC. Or to stop world building with new locations and characters. Those were some of the strongest moments of S6. If the map is anything to go by, Equestria is boundless, and there's so much to explore.

I can't speak for everyone, but I myself loved the 2 part season 5 opening, because it was ALL of the Mane 6 going on an adventure and solving a problem. While I wouldn't want every episode to be like that, I was certainly hoping for more.
>>
>>28636446
Pokemon is TV-Y, they can get away with a lot of stuff.
>>
>>28632807
I like it. People need to STFU about this shit already.
>>
>>28634409
>>28634107
I honestly don't understand why so many people insist on pretending that feminism used to be "good" in the old days.
It has always been fucking cancer and beyond redemption.
>>
>>28636229

You guys, there's one very big thing you're overlooking.

Breathing. that was humanity's downfall.
>>
>>28632807
>Breaking under pressure at the fandom when in such a dead state.
He would never have lasted to the end of season 3 if he running things on 1/29.
>>
>>28635780
>I'd give it credit if it gave the same responsibilities to women, but that's not the case.

This.

It's probably the only thing the feminist movement is being honest about, even if they aren't aware of it.

They state pretty clearly that they are about equal rights, not equality. Which looks like the same on first glance until you realize that only one of those also includes equal responsibilities.

I mean, there were actually groups opposed to the voting right for women because they were worried it would be tied to the same obligations it was (or is) for men.
>>
>>28636580
But you have to remember that each story is supposed to teach a moral and soon they will run out of morals they can teach while still retaining a TV-Y rating. The show is running into maximum entropy in that aspect of the writing. You can see it now with episodes like 28 Pranks Later and Every Little Thing She Does rehashing Mysterious Mare Do Well and Lesson Zero's morals.

>>28636583
Pokémon is made up of premade material. 4-kids just has to recut and redub their hack job edits to seem more kid friendly. Some of the stuff they had to do with their other licensed titles just to fit that rating are downright silly like the "invisible guns" from Yu-Gi-Oh. The FCC probably gives them a free pass because they acknowledge that the end result was the best they could do with the material they were working with.
>>
>>28636632
It's been heavily overlooked throughout the years which is why people don't bat an eye, but now it's actually showing it's true colors.
>>
>>28632807
>Big Jim's open letter to the haters
Senpaitachi, should we write letters to him?
>>
File: Spider.jpg (108KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
Spider.jpg
108KB, 900x599px
>>28632807
Lots of noise about nothing desu. Dramma blown out of proportions. He is talking about the main demographics, but bronies go full-butthurt about show is not just for grils. Both sided just doesn't understand each other. Or are to retarded to do so.
>>
>>28632807
It's really ironic that S6 seems to have the most amounts of moments aimed toward bronies.
>>
>>28637191
*season 5
>>
>>28637191
Yeah I'm not really sure if Jim is even aware of what the rest of the staff is doing because there are so many things like Rarara's Titanic outfit that little kids could never get.

Also this whole
>I am making the show for little girls!
goes contrary to everything else he says later on because he clearly draws a clean distinction between what is for boys and what is for girls.
The reason FiM got so successful was because it tried to stay rather neutral and have aspects that can appeal to everyone. Even the slumber party episode in season 1 clearly tried to avoid specifically targeting girls.
>>
>>28632830
Yeah. Jim's a fag but there's nothing too Tumblr in the show, so it doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1458678679367.gif (542KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1458678679367.gif
542KB, 500x375px
>>28636138
What I'm saying is if main characteristic of a show is "it's girly/boish" then it's bound to be garbage.
Good shows use thier quality in terms of writing, animation etc to attract audience, like FiM or Samurai Jack did. That's why everyone can enjoy them, regardless of thier gender or age.
>>
>>28632851
Howdy, Equestria Daily!
>>
>>28637436
But the main characteristic of MLP is appealing to girls, specifically to sell toys, and it's been wildly successful.
However I do know that success doesn't necessarily translate to something automatically being good quality.
>>
>>28637491
The girly part doesn't go beyond cute ponies, and it's somewhat balanced out by action or deepest lore.
>>
File: DerpScrunch.png (142KB, 764x424px) Image search: [Google]
DerpScrunch.png
142KB, 764x424px
>>28637509
Fuck lorefags and dbzfags!
sol for lyf nigguh
>>
>>28633914
The person who said that was genuinely egalitarian, but I agree it's a huge red flag.
>>
>>28632807
It only confirmed Jim as SJW
>>
>>28634670
It's better to say Islam is bad all around. There are good Muslims (that don't follow the evil things in Islam).
>>
>>28633914
I hate that they ruined this word because from time to time I stumble across a situation where there's simply no other word to describe someone's behavior just as well.

>>28637574
If they cherry pick and only follow parts of the religion they aren't really Muslims though, are they? I wouldn't consider someone who only goes to church on Christmas to be a Christian either.
>>
>>28637583
If they genuinely believe that the Quran is the word of god, they're a Muslim (or if they believe that Jesus was the son of God they're Christian).

If they don't believe that, I don't think they can really be called a Muslim (maybe "self identified Muslim" instead).

Many Muslims pick which parts of the Quran they believe, but that's usually because they ignore the other parts or explain them away with dodgy logic.
>>
>>28634339

I'm pretty sure that is less PC fags and more like r/Kappa wanting another blow up and meme'ing the thing as hard as they can.
>>
>>28634794

I'm pretty sure she just said that because we were as rabid about the whole EqG thing as she was/is, now we have Dazzlings General no 100 and something.
>>
File: 1473620336521.png (156KB, 292x350px) Image search: [Google]
1473620336521.png
156KB, 292x350px
>>28636384
I'm not completely disagreeing, but He has been backtracking on his words lately and has been called out for it one too many times, and that lead him to be as salty as ever. This reminds me when BG did a similar aspect, except he was being 5x retarded. The problem is people care a little too much about core demographics in TV shows and movies, as we don't know Hasbro well enough that they care about little girls the most.

I know Jim means well, but his "letter to haters" came out as mean spirited to a lot of folks. Seth ain't helping either fueling the fire by posting an EQD article about it, that's fore sure.
>>
>>28632807

IMO the issue is less about the demographic as it's how people use it as crutch to justify the writer's lack of care for their stories.

Lauren says a lot of dumb things but one of her statements I'll always agree with is that you don't need (and shouldn't) dumb down things for little girls, they are smarter than what you give them credit for and they can enjoy the same things as us.

Back in 2010/11 people started getting into this show because it surprised a lot of anons how much better the show was compared to their conceptions of what a little girls show entailed, but nowadays it feels like people want it to go back to how it used to be and just watch cute ponies doing cute things.
>>
Well, you know Jim. He's a big guy.
>>
Anyone have the thread link to the Moliminous and Jim thread?
>>
>>28634654
ISIS fights in fear of Allah.
Feminist fights for Twinkies.
>>
>>28637905
A big pussy.
>>
>>28637677
Jim fucked up by using the word Hater.
From the beginning he's painting himself as the victim and demonizing the other side to avoid losing face.
>>
>>28637677
It's my fault for being a raging autist and yelling at jim over the portrayal of a pony. That's what lead to his first meltdown when he told moli to fuck himself. I posted that pic comparing him to walt disney and he retweeted it followed by the rant shortly after. He was understandably pissed because of the way I treated him. This whole thing is like an avalanche of shit. He might close his twitter for good now.
>>
>>28638172
Its not your fault.

Jim has been absurdly bitter and self entitled for months non end, your tweet gave him the excuse he needed to pose as a victim.
>>
>>28637677
>Seth ain't helping either fueling the fire by posting an EQD article about it, that's fore sure.

Seth should go to bed.

Still there's too much fan pandering at this point. If they want to pander to true fans, the way to do that is NOT to pander because we don't fucking want that.
>>
>>28638172

He probably should close it. He's a raging autist himself and twitter isn't helping him, as is obvious from the meltdowns he is having on a nearly regular basis lately.
>>
I really don't disagree with his statement, I am not sure what you are all upset about.
>>
>>28637574
"Good" muslims just don't follow their religion, the belief they hold is not one of peace.

Christains do this too, I find it funny when Christains say that homosexuality is not a sin even though Bible says it.
>>
File: rainbow_wheredoyouthinkweare?.png (330KB, 602x622px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow_wheredoyouthinkweare?.png
330KB, 602x622px
>>28638649
>>
I am just upset that I got shat on for saying that these "boys cartoons" tend to have more girls having a much bigger role in the supporting cast. The problem isn't media not having enough powerful girls, it is media tending to not have girls as the central protagonist.
>>
>>28638686
There's Muslims/Christians who believe that the Quran/Bible is true, but ignore the evil passages.

There's also Christians that don't believe the Bible is all true.
>>
>>28636187
Tumblr also can have decent content on there, it's not like the entire thing is one big SJW nest, just most of the community. You can still find some good blogs for art and such.

Twitter, there's nothing fucking redeemable about it. It's just a box where people shout at each other, demanding safe spaces.
>>
File: 1473361369207.png (697KB, 4000x4200px) Image search: [Google]
1473361369207.png
697KB, 4000x4200px
>>28636412
>Elements of harmony
Don't remind ne of better times.
>>
>>28632807
>this guy makes a cartoon for little girls
Wouldn't let my daughters watch his stuff
>>
>>28639016
According to Jim's logic he shouldn't work on FIM anymore because he is not a father and knows nothing about little girls.
>>
>>28637602

This sounds more like a reversed "No True Scotman" reasoning.

Not that i'm complaining. I prefer when people can get over themselves and be able to critizise their own beliefs.
>>
>>28637969

>>28616556
>>
>>28639318
I think "someone who believe's everything in the Quran" is too strict a definition of Muslim.
>>
>>28632807
Wow, the guy has just gone full retard.
Any backstory for what might have caused this outburst?
>>
File: lkdjhlkfdh.png (120KB, 574x426px) Image search: [Google]
lkdjhlkfdh.png
120KB, 574x426px
>>28640367
This entire thing is more a culmination of criticism over time, but I think this image might have been the stick that broke the camels back.
>>
>>28640406
Context into Jim's first comment is that he's referring to fans who don't like the show.
>>
File: large.jpg (517KB, 1275x1017px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
517KB, 1275x1017px
>>28640406
Wow, just wow.
Someone's definitely not feeling too happy with his life.
>>
>https://twitter.com/joshhaber/status/786247130985869312

Hey guys, would Jim be story editor and supervising director at the same time?

How drastically would change everything after this drama if Jim take the whole job of the writing?
>>
>>28640515

If you think it's shit now put that fat autist in charge of everything.
>>
File: jimtrig.jpg (335KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
jimtrig.jpg
335KB, 1000x1000px
>>28632807
>>
File: mistake.jpg (29KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
mistake.jpg
29KB, 600x536px
>>28632807
>>
File: 1411294722262.jpg (103KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
1411294722262.jpg
103KB, 569x802px
>>28637905
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-12_18-41-34.png (437KB, 824x626px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-12_18-41-34.png
437KB, 824x626px
>>28640515
Look at what Haber is leaving for
>>
>>28639050
>you have to have intricate knowledge by experiencing it first hand
Wouldn't let these people argue with me, either. Read a lot of stuff and asked my grandparents sometimes, but still got it right on the first try.
>>
>>28632972
No, we want Meghan fired.
>>
>>28640671

>no fandom
>no effort
>probably more money

living the fucking dream
>>
>>28640671

Shit, it has Justin Long ("you talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded") and Mike from Breaking Bad.

Who knows? Could actually be good.
>>
>>28640704
I thought Skylanders has a fandom from the videogames?
>>
>>28640712
The preview felt very generic, but there's a lot of voice talent there and as >>28640704 says, probably more money as a staff writer than Pony pays its story editor
>>
Basically he got butt blasted by a probable troll
>>
>>28640740
Eitherway it's got the fandom talking. We haven't had 136 posters in one non-sticky since 4CC.
>>
File: jimsbullshit.jpg (430KB, 1202x866px) Image search: [Google]
jimsbullshit.jpg
430KB, 1202x866px
>>28632807
>>
>>28632807
That doesn't say any of the things you implied OP, I think it is you who might be full retard.

Also the fact that there can't be one good show for little girls without neckbeard autists and pony fuckers acting as if it belongs to them speaks volumes.

Yea, I know where I am, things didn't used to be like this when all this started. Some of us even liked the idea of supporting a cartoon kids show with well developed female characters for just that reason.

The same way some of us realize that the world treats women differently than men, and sometimes that results in unfair treatment and lower standards.

But fuck it, SJW are obnoxious idiots, so case settled, that's all there is to it.
>>
>>28641264

Except it's really just Big Jim flipping his shit because people said some episodes were subpar. Which they were.

He can't deal with criticism without dumb insults and accusations of sexism.
>>
Hey guys, he love us now
>>
>>28641319
>Hey guys, he love us now

Lol he's bipolar as fuck. He just flips his shit every few minutes then calms down. He needs a guy to run his twitter for him whenever his bowels are acting up and he gets all cranky.
>>
>>28641340
To be fair he is also quick to do damage control whenever faced with a decently thought out argument.
>>
File: 1473776549007.png (903KB, 908x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1473776549007.png
903KB, 908x1004px
>>28632807
>welcome to being a girl as they have no shows geared towards them
Tru fucking fax
Anyone who disagrees just because jim is a faggot is objectively delusional.
>>
>>28641491
Kim Possible?
>>
>>28641491
Sailor Moon?
WITCH?
Totally Spies?
Miraculous Ladybug?
Star VS the Forces of Evil?
Steven Universe?
>>
>>28641491
Don't girls just watch the vapid reality tv BS their moms and older staci sisters watch.
They have that.
>>
>>28641491
>Powerpuff Girls
>Magical girl anime
>Winx Club
>>
>>28641491
Legend of Korra is pretty great.
>>
File: 1435788026735.jpg (83KB, 655x653px) Image search: [Google]
1435788026735.jpg
83KB, 655x653px
>>28634350
>equal rights
Good kek.
>>
>>28637658
We've never been that rapid about EQG. It's always been pretty even. Only got better for the EQGfags since RR came out.
>>
>>28634933
Agreed. That should all be in EQG and at most they get little bits of technology as the series goes on.
>>
>>28635106
>as if adventuring into an ancient castle is somehow less hackneyed than ponies driving cars.
Are you just pretending to be stupid?
>>
>>28634220
To consider feminism to have ever been anything but a cancer is factually and historically wrong.

Bonus points that Eastern European women are now shaming "modern women" out of the public by threats of violence against them. Domestic violence has become a subject of ridicule. Again.
>>
>>28635323
>but I feel that hot air balloons or even zeppelins still have kind of a fantasy feel to them
They do. Even an old rifle has fantasy elements to it. A car has to be some wacky steampunk machine to work though, and this is literally just a modern vehicle.
>>28635241
>they have a hot air balloon in the intro of the show dude. that's a *bit* more advanced than a go-kart
>dishonest cretin
Irony is great.
>>
>>28634935
How do you feel about fan artists who charge for content?
>>
>>28635554
>Rainbow Dash building a roman battle chariot (Scootaloo barely can hold in) , Applejack building a comically small cowboy pioneer chariot (Applebloom can barely FIT inside) and Rarity building an overdecorated chariot (SweetieBelle pulls it, Rarity is the one sittin on it)
I actually want this. Dash could be the psycho destroying every other chariot to win, but gets wrecked taking AJ out, while Twilight and Spike just barely make it across the finish.
>>28635583
>it has always been extreme and directed towards furthering womens right above all else
This.
>>
File: 1447976987560.jpg (65KB, 721x400px) Image search: [Google]
1447976987560.jpg
65KB, 721x400px
>>28635929
>the same treatment was done with Fluttershy.
>>
>>28642451
Fluttershy has overcome her shyness and fearfulness this season.
>>
File: 1447963948278.jpg (33KB, 329x399px) Image search: [Google]
1447963948278.jpg
33KB, 329x399px
>>28642463
>Fluttershy has overcome her shyness and fearfulness this season.
>>
>>28642463
That's why they're making her change her name next season.
>>
>>28642485

She's still not a great flyer though
>>
File: 1475815061269.jpg (109KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1475815061269.jpg
109KB, 600x900px
>Getting confused about 2nd and 3rd wave feminism
>why.jpg

2nd wave (Feminist): Values of Christina Hoff Sommers, actual gender equality, encouraging the oppressed, giving a voice to the voiceless

3rd wave (SJW): "Values" of Anita Sarkeesian, misrepresenting things to push pro-communist authoritarian ideas, cares only about women and minorities primarily because it seeks to turn them into a communist revolutionary force that will destroy capitalism, say whatever it takes to terrorize people into a frenzy up to and including starting a rape panic, control educational institutions to indoctrinate and spread propaganda

Don't confuse the two, call the cultural marxists SJW, they don't deserve to be associated with a generally positive term for the purposes of their propaganda. Disassemble their false associations with actual feminism.

I know a 62 year old woman who used to live in Tennessee, she was regularly told she shouldn't be a mechanical engineer because she's a woman, and that furthermore, she shouldn't be wearing pants because women shouldn't be allowed to wear pants. Her male coworkers and other men, upon meeting her, would tell her "I would never let my wife do that" because women are so delicate they cannot handle wearing pants or holding a powertool. Shit was practically as bad as muslim "scientists" saying women can't drive because they'll get "rolled up pelvises".

Ending that was a genuine cause, pointing out every instance of pandering in culture that was low-brow to begin with is not and is only a vehicle to destroy communities, end friendships and dissassmble the white male identity because we are "the great satan" and all evil magically flows from us.

Please don't compare these two groups, it's what the SJW want and it's like comparing current MLP to 80's MLP and being like "see, it's terrible!". So yeah, pretty sure Faust and Big Jim are talking about real feminism, though it's probably SJWs fault they think they need to.
>>
>>28638958
>evil passages.
>>
>>28634147
>>28636446
>On top of that they have to take care not to infringe on copyrights, avoid upsetting soccer moms with stuff like their initial portrayal of Derpy, etc

Remind me, why was Derpy a problem? They'd already had the retarded Snips and Snails (who are boys, and the only children seen at that point in time other than maybe the CMC) lure the Ursa Minor into town and risk everyone's life. What was wrong with a little physical comedy with a female character? I thought a feminist show was supposed to be all about equality.

The VA even played Derpy as a mentally challenged male pony, because she thought Derpy was a dude.
>>
>>28640406
I understand Sibsy being a bitch and liking his comment, she was harassed for her evolution. Why would the others support such a child outburst?
>>
>>28641688
>>28641700
>>28641712
These.
>>28641735
Kek. Good joke.
>>28642463
Didn't she do that in every other season?
>>
Do you people hate modern tech because it is done out of laziness or because it goes against the spirit of the series?

Because I don't think modern tech is unnecessary if you have a story that requires it or you want to make something legitimately cool for the world.
>>
File: Autism_Awareness_Ribbon.png (414KB, 988x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Autism_Awareness_Ribbon.png
414KB, 988x1600px
>>28642741
>Do you people hate modern tech because it is done out of laziness or because it goes against the spirit of the series?
>nope
>pic related
>>
>>28642741
It needs to follow the rules of the world. If the world is in a certain time period, or has a certain theme, tech needs to follow that is most circumstances.
>>
>>28638803
There need to be a whole lot more dead women innovators and revolutionaries in history for that happen. The higher women can climb, the father more women will fall. Few women are willing to take the extreme risks and dedicate themselves to their passions of advancing humanity to the same degree men do.

Testosterone increases risk taking behaviors, and women who do absolutely nothing for the group are still potentially valuable because they have a uterus, while men absolutely must do something valuable to be allowed membership in a group.

You'll need to find a way to get around the uterus being the limiting factor in reproduction.

There are more reasons for different pressures between the two groups' relative notability in history, but these are some simple basics.

Until people are comfortable with thousands of women living and dying horrible lives without any fulfillment for every one woman who actually achieved something worthwhile, women as a group cannot honestly achieve the same kind of notability men do. There are a lot more horrible failures than successes.
>>
File: 521955.jpg (43KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
521955.jpg
43KB, 500x388px
>>28632807
>>
>>28642778
But MLP doesn't have a particular time period.
>>
>>28642741
The story should fit the world, not vice versa.

Changing the world to fit a specific story might work for a show like Spongebob, but that's because Spongebob gets its humour from ridiculous scenarios and over the top reactions.

MLP is a character driven comedy, and internal integrity needs to be maintained as much as possible for that work.Character's staying in character needs to be the top priority, and having them act out of character or inserting technology for the sole purpose of a plot is a step in the wrong direction.

I'm fine with modern technology, but, like magic, I really think it should be avoided where ever possible.
>>
>>28642850
>I'm fine with modern technology, but, like magic, I really think it should be avoided where ever possible.

Magic is fine, so long as it doesn't derail the plot instead of advancing it. It is a land of magic after all.

I think technology should be (mostly) limited to the early 20th Century stuff we've seen, like steam locomotives, reel to reel film, that weird contraption Twilight had in Feeling Pinkie Keen, and stuff like that.

Throwing in shit like TVs, computers, airplanes, etc. ruins it.
>>
>>28642741
More modern technology makes the setting more mundane, and less whimsical and magical. Cities like Ponyville, Canterlot, Cloudsdale, and Everfree fit right into a fairytale world, making them just as memorable as the stories than happen within and are uniquely MLP. On the other hand you have Manehattan and Las Pegasus, forgettable cities because there's nothing special and imaginative about them, just modern USA ponified.
>>
>>28642878

Everfree is a city?
>>
>>28642875
I guess I was talking about how magic itself is being 'modernized.' When the show was new, magic wasn't explained. We knew it was a thing, and that unicorns could do it, but anything else was speculation. Now that magic is getting actual Harry Potter named spells and conventions; I can't help but feel it's become less magical. Or at least generic. I was hoping it would be closer to LotR magic, where it was rarely used and hard to learn, than Harry Potter, where you can find specific spells in the local library.

But that's just a subjective opinion; it certainly doesn't mean the show is any better or worse because of it.
>>
>>28642922

Twilight was always looking up magic in books, though. She was the only one who appeared to do that, but they existed and she always had jargon about it.

There were even named spells, like in Winter Wrap Up.
>>
>>28642875
TVs existed for a while.

>>28642878
I disagree that necessarily having technology ruins the world, just the way it is handled is bad.
>>
>>28642937
One can look up magic and still have magic be a mysterious, difficult to use force. I'm not trying to say magic was this impossible to learn skill; just that it was difficult, incredibly rare and required conviction to learn.
I suppose the fact that Twilight was the only magically competent pony for the better part of three seasons gave me the wrong impression. I mean, whenever wizards were mentioned, it was always her or Starswirl, she went to a specific school to learn magic, no other unicorns even matched her; I think I can be forgiven for assuming incorrectly.

Were there named spells in Winter Wrap Up? I don't remember.
>>
>>28642969

That's more or less accurate about most unicorns. They have basic telekinesis, or really good telekinesis like Rarity does (she has manipulated dozens of objects simultaneously), and usually one specific kind of magic related to their cutie mark, like Rarity's gem finding spell.

The named spell in Winter Wrap Up was the Come to Life spell she cast that got her in trouble. And in Lesson Zero there was the Want it Need it spell. That also got her in trouble.

And whatever spell that was that she used to give Rarity wings (that got her in trouble).

Anyway it was always clear magic was something that could be studied and there was some philosophy to it, but most unicorns just aren't that powerful or knowledgeable.

(And that even those powerful knowledgeable ones could really screw up using more powerful magic.)
>>
>>28643391
Ah, you make a good point. I guess I was just in the wrong.
>>
>>28643437

You're not allowed to do that here! You're supposed to call me a faggot and accuse me of damage control or something.

It's just an opinion though. I think it's well founded.

I just think the technology stuff has more potential to mess up the show because magic is really deeply connected to what ponies are.
>>
File: Williams.png (172KB, 248x351px) Image search: [Google]
Williams.png
172KB, 248x351px
>>28633141
Counter point.

>>28633205
Usually (for halfway decent ones at least) having ideas of friendship, developed female main characters, less action and a more Slice of Life focus,

The only reason this is seen as bad is that the even half-way decent shows are few and far between, while the horrible ones that take out one element (usually developed female leads).

>>28633585
The show for little girls thing is supposed to be (and shows just how out of touch most cartoon writers are) basically the Animaniac's "Please, Please, Please Get a Life Foundation" Skit. Basically stop taking this shit so fucking seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOtmdHiCJNY
>>
>>28643545
Sailor Moon, Totally Spies, Winx Club, and WITCH have a lot more action than MLP.
>>
>>28643545
>The show for little girls thing is supposed to be (and shows just how out of touch most cartoon writers are) basically the Animaniac's "Please, Please, Please Get a Life Foundation" Skit. Basically stop taking this shit so fucking seriously.

Except it doesn't really fly because most of the people complaining about the current show are comparing it to the first two seasons, when it was much more clearly a show for little girls, and they liked it better then!
>>
>>28643556
I'm going more off of what MLP falls under (Canamerican animation).
The French and Nips are weird in this case.

>>28643567
How it's being used here is definitely Don't take this shit so fucking seriously.
>>
>>28643576
Does Kim Possible count as a girls show?
>>
>>28643576
>How it's being used here is definitely Don't take this shit so fucking seriously.

It's being used here as an excuse for lack of effort even though other people have done lots better in the past than this fat clown.
>>
>>28643587
Yes, but Tween or teen girls. Different things there as well (action is more amped up, but you still focus on awesome female main, and friendship/teamwork)

Little girls most likely refers to 3-10 year olds in demographic speak. Meaning yes EqG is made for the earlier part of the Periphery Demographic.

>>28643593
I almost forgot where I was for a second. Your reading comprehension is severely lacking, but that's to be expected of this site.
>>
>>28643587
Didn't Kim Possible also basically shit on most of its male characters by making them incompetent or useless? I'd think that falls under marginalizing certain characters so the female characters shine more.
>>
>>28643606

>running damage control this hard
>>
>>28643606
I have never understood these bizarre strict guidelines for making girls media since I feel like it seems to stifle creativity rather than promote it. Nintendo franchises can easily appeal to girls more because they just try to be appealing in general.

When it comes to shows designed to have some appeal to teen girls Equestria Girls is closer to the bottom of the barrel.
>>
>>28643640
>When it comes to shows designed to have some appeal to teen girls Equestria Girls is closer to the bottom of the barrel.

Not even SJW, EQG is some sexist shit.
>>
>>28643655
You can do a gender flip of almost anything in FIM and it will still work, you cannot gender flip the first Equestria Girls and have it work.
>>
>>28643640
It's basically just a short hand. It's pretty much in every type of media that's not in the 18-45 demographic (male, female or unisex) and yes that includes books.

>>28643640
The first one, yeah. The second and beyond, there's actually some things that are appealing, mostly in the now very super-hero nature, which started in RR and is made blatant in LoE.
>>
>>28643683
But EQG is still leagues behind Totally Spies, Kim Possible, WITCH, Sailor Moon.it is closer to being comparable to Winx Club in quality.
>>
>>28643694

It is actually below Bratz tier.
>>
>>28643576
>How it's being used here is definitely Don't take this shit so fucking seriously.
Not the Anon you're replying to, but I'm not surprised at that response.

If someone doesn't give a better case than you, then people say that they've won the argument based on better reasoning. If someone builds a better case than you that goes against your statement, then people just jump right to the backhanded deflection of saying that they're autistic, or thinking about things too hard. All it takes is one full sentence.

Is there any rational reason why someone who isn't a massively retarded cunt would use this kind of discussion tactic? I can't seem to think of one.

I've noticed that it's showing up a hell of a lot. It might even be worth putting up as a law of some kind, after Godwin's Law and Sargon's Law.
>>
>>28643670
>You can do a gender flip of almost anything in FIM and it will still work
Genderflip Snips and Snails bringing the Ursa Minor into town because they wanted to see Trixie fight it.

I guarantee that it'll suddenly be offensive to the general public, and include a lot of people using the word "misogyny".
>>
>>28643716
I said almost.
>>
>>28643545
Maybe if the Animaniacs creators had less of a life they would have created decent cartoons.
>>
>>28643694
Well duh, it's kinda hard to top Fetish the Cartoon, a Disney produced work, a Franco-Japanese production, and one of the few good t hings to come out of Japanese admiration of Women's fashion mixed with Tokusatsu.

Will agree with WINX Club, then again I actually liked that show back when I saw it.

>>28643705
It's supposed to be, as the please please please get a life foundation skit put up, don't make this the only thing you care about. You have to look at it from Jim and the fact that 99% of the stuff he's been responding to is people who have made their entire living off of taking this shit way too fucking seriously (and that's coming from a goddamn horsefucker), and trying to apply the equivalent of scrutinizing and critiquing Focault's Pendulum on the equivalent of the Harry Potter series.

what it comes down to is slapping you and saying, relax and get some perspective on the fact that you're applying the same critiquing skills as Game of Thrones needs, to a show that's (even when it's well written) leagues below that in what is needed to critique. Hell all those, this is so cliche arguments fly out the window when it's an acceptable point in all media up to about the mid teens, mostly because to us who have experienced say, the not so subtle discrimination episode, or the friends fighting over being a guest episode a million times, are not the audience, who may see it as more or less new, or at the very least not over done from their reference point.

Hell it's one of the things good reviewers of children's (note I'm using the demographic area here, meaning roughly 5-10 y.o.) media have to remember to not look like morons.

>>28643716
While there might be a OMG from idiotic feminists, it still works, and believe it or not, the general public would shrug and go whatever.
>>
>>28643780
>While there might be a OMG from idiotic feminists, it still works, and believe it or not, the general public would shrug and go whatever.
I'll need to see it to believe it. A real gender inversion, not changing the characters' mannerisms to be less retarded, not adding a sympathetic or justifying motivation, just having the same situation play out with reversed genders.

Just look at experiments with spousal abuse in public parks. Depending on the victim/attacker arrangement, you get completely different responses. Some are violent, some are smiling and cheering the attacker on. It's not related to the severity of the attack, but who the attacker and victim are. I'll let you guess which is which.

The point is that there are deep biases that people react with, in ways that they might not think they would. You'd have to actually trial that kind of thing in a really comparative situation.
>>
File: Relax nigga.png (171KB, 638x358px) Image search: [Google]
Relax nigga.png
171KB, 638x358px
>>28643705
Not that anon, but I'd think it's perfectly fair play, when it gets to a point that people are arguing the integrity of a cartoon show, to consider taking a step back and reevaluating priorities in life.

In short; it is literally just a cartoon show that people are choosing to get worked up over.
>>
>>28643757

Animaniacs is widely considered one of the best animated series of all time. And the specific episode where they mock their fans is the paragon of the genre of fan-mocking.

I just don't think Big Jim was doing anything on that level here. I think he was being just as big an autist as the fans who were sperging at him.
>>
>>28643823
>consider taking a step back and reevaluating priorities in life.
This only holds water if the current discussion is the only thing a person does in their life, or the highest priority among everything they do in life.

If I'm on my way somewhere and pull over to get a cup of coffee, and the server is an incompetent who has to make three cups of coffee in a row before they can make it to the drivethrough window without spilling it because the shop's busy, I think it's reasonable to get annoyed. It's taking far longer than it usually does. The minimum standard of service is not being met, and this series of fuck-ups is going to screw up the rest of my day or several weeks, depending on how busy an appointment schedule I have that day.

If someone's got a number of different things going on in their life, and discussions is only a small part of it, then there's no issue with it.

Publications can refuse papers if they're misspelled or badly formatted. Why should audience acceptance of an established show undergoing a decline in quality be any different?

>>28643881
If you want to address reader complaints, then Batman The Brave and The Bold did it better than anything I know of. It actually wasn't a completely one-sided insult. (Which is rare, considering fan drama is never as preserved and widely-consumed as the source material that'd have the odd episode made just to insult them.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6UDEi8H43M
>>
>>28638958
If you cherry pick like that it is hard to take some one's belief seriously. Doesn't matter to me though. If religion makes you a better and an happier person then it's good. That is something to strive for.It is what matters in the end. If religion turns you into an allahu acbar or every thing hating waste of a human then it's bad.

Religion most of the time ecourages hate and unacceptance and is being used to manipulate people and to justify evil acts. But if you can take good from it. I have no issues.
>>
>>28643904
There's a little more to the Animaniac's PPPGALF, namely that it was more or less targeting the type of person Freakazoid's Fanboy would embody, and as a not so subtle to those in the know finger to Dennis Falk.

>>28643904
It's when you get heated up over something, even as a fan, lets face it how many of us think /v/ is a bunch of autistic manchildren because they can't drop certain things, to the point the board had to be divided up because of the outright autism.

As for decline in quality, unfortunately it's been extremely subjective, some of us are noting that this shit's always been there, we just let it slide because we weren't taking it to Analyst levels of seriousness, which is an unfortunate problem. plots we, having at least 15 years of media exposure, would be considered so cliche that even the stuff to shock us with twists is cliche, Spike being inconsistent as a character, how did this piece of shit make it past any sort of quality checks, and so on. It's been there since Faust, but all the hype and such is finally wearing off in a good majority of people, who came to this show, possibly for the lore, possibly because they heard good things about it, possibly even because the names in the credits were nostalgically familiar. And everybody has different levels of okay that's it my ignoring shit meter to enjoy a piece of fiction meters are lower than others.

Basically the supposed decline in quality, when you remove fanboys of the creators (Faust fans, Renzetti fans, Original Crew fans), is subjective.
>>
>>28643998
>As for decline in quality, unfortunately it's been extremely subjective
Not everything is subjective. Look at how X-files declined in it's last few seasons. They're much worse than the rest of the show since they lost what made the good parts of the show good.

The plots in MLP actually being non-cliche is one of the things that it was consistently praised for in the early days. There were even double-subversions every now and then.

There were some shit elements that I pushed past, sure. In retrospect, Cadance was a huge mistake, but it's like dropping a turd on the carpet and pushing a chair over it so no-one steps on it. Bringing more and more god-horses into the picture (that just so happen to be females 100% of the time, in case Jim wants to come back with his "this show is about fair representation" argument again) is like dropping more and more turds on the carpet and forcing you to walk in them and be unable to forget about the stench even a little bit.

Part of the problem is that every later episode and season has to carry the weight of the screw-ups of the earlier episodes. A bigger part is that they keep of doubling down on the fucked up mindset that brought those screwups into being in the first place. Drifting back into the mindset that saw the gradual decline of the show into the horror that was G3.5 MLP. It took a different, more thoughtful and planned mindset, with consistent worldbuilding to pull MLP out of the trash heap, and they're already forgetting that and coasting back into retardation.

There have been individual ups and downs, but there's definitely a major element of quality that's objective. At least as far as MLP and X-Files' audiences iareconcerned.
>>
>>28643904
I'm going to call false equivalence on the coffee comparison here: the service quality is based around customer order and the standards that mistakes are measured up against would be on a case-by-case basis per individual customer. In the entertainment industry, the "product" is distributed among a much larger "customer" base and the standard of quality would not be held to one individual's standards (except maybe critics who might have sway on audience opinions).
Here's an example: let's say a person goes to the movie theater to catch a new film and happens to not like it. This person might ask for a refund for their ticket, might choose not to support the studio or other staff in future projects, they might even write a scathing review on a forum and convince a few others that the movie was bad based on their personal standards. This still wouldn't account for the rest of the audience who might have enjoyed it and doesn't account for production quality beyond that one individual's subjective take on it.
Not to say there's no objective measure of production quality, but then we cross into standards of expectation. With that we can objectively expect a B-movie to have B-movie production quality and despite that still be an enjoyable or engaging movie.

The point being that whereas a barista fucking up somebody's order and wasting their time is objectively a bad thing for that person, something like movies or tv shows have a broader range of appeal and are largely subjectively measured for quality. In the case of the coffee the time is wasted beyond the expected wait and interferes with a non-recreational schedule. In the case of a tv show, the time spent is presumably all recreational and entirely up to the person to choose when to stop. Just as they could choose whether or not to participate in discussion of said tv show, presumably also being done on their own free time.
>>
>>28644099
>the standard of quality would not be held to one individual's standards
I agree with this sentence fragment here, because the standard of quality is held to the standard established by the prior installments in the serialized media.

That's the difference between a one-off movie and a show.

The coffee example was meant to imply a regular stop as part of a routine. People getting coffee on the way to work usually do it on a recurring basis. I'll try to include a more involved scenario the next time I sketch out an example for you.
>>
>>28644122
>The coffee example was meant to imply a regular stop as part of a routine. People getting coffee on the way to work usually do it on a recurring basis. I'll try to include a more involved scenario the next time I sketch out an example for you.

Instead of more involved, how about just less dumb?
>>
>>28644067
>Double Subversions
The three big cliche plots (I've got just TWO tickets tot eh Gala and 6 friends, Zecora the Zigger, and Flutter model) Were never even subverted at all, and were played straight, hell that first one was played so straight you could literally replace just about everybody with an early 90s teen cast, and just have one be like the cousin to the ticket giver the only one even remotely subverted in those early seasons was the time travel anxiety plot, and even then the plot it did was already becoming cliche. And your use of god-horses points to where I think a fuckton of this supposed drop in quality is coming from, the fact that in the early days fanon was routinely not getting defiled (and even then the god-horses thing should have died its death with Hearth's Warming Eve, and their immortality even being called into question both with Granny Smith being 100+ and with the exhaustion of Cadence.

As for worldbuilding, oh lord anon, this show was never actually as big on that as fans would have you believe, in fact it wasn't even until mid-S2 that anything resembling consistent worldbuilding that didn't focus on the story at hand was established, and even then it was in a founders day pageant episode, followed by pretty much proof of, we don't hammer logic too hard babysitting is hard episode. I think there are things that have been around for so long in fanon, that we've mistaken them for canon, and when the show goes against that (see god-horses) we start proclaiming a drop in quality.
>>
>>28643881
>Animaniacs is widely considered one of the best animated series of all time.
Those people are wrong.
>>
>>28644122
>serialized
The issue here is that it's not exactly serialized.
There are several episodes that are clearly connected continuity-wise that you couldn't watch out of order or they might not make sense, and certain events Twilicorn and villain reformations specifically that play into future episodes and even entire seasons of course. Outside of these, there's a fairly loose continuity through the series that makes it more episodic.

I disagree with a common complaint that several changes that were made are bad. I also disagree that the recent seasons should be arbitrarily measured up to older seasons when it's become clear that the direction of the show has changed throughout the years. I'd even disagree that the last few seasons were significantly worse that the first two despite S1 being my absolute favorite.

I didn't like Larson's description of how he sees the show as "a sitcom that resets after every episode" since that would imply there's no continuity, but it does allude to the show having a largely episodic nature.
>>
>>28642811
I'd agree if it was women and fags.
>>
>>28642811

Whoever said this was white as hell and somehow thinks hating white people makes them less white personally.

You are still white, bitch.
>>
File: 1476080061164.png (245KB, 850x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476080061164.png
245KB, 850x800px
>Jim Miller makes a stupid comment on Twitter using "we make it for little girls" as an excuse for the bad writing
>people bash him because "it's for kids" is the most retarded excuse that can be used to justify the bad writing in a show
>Jim backpedals, pretends he meant something completely different and pulls out of his ass the "muh sexism" argument
>/mlp/ bites the bait, forgets the original topic completely and starts discussing feminism, completely proving his invented point, that our problem with the current direction of the show is his "feminism" and not the terrible writing
>no one gives a shit about the writing anymore, and any further discussion about the show will now be reduced to just another pathetic rant about SJW bullshit, which was never the real problem

I hate you all.
>>
>>28632807
>aka Jim goes full retard
what he says isnt necessarily wrong, but he shouldnt have said anything at all. he would be wise to talk a lot less.

>>28632825
>Didn't Lauren say it was for everyone from the start?
no exactly. her idealogy was that girl things dont need to be "girly" in the traditional sense. it doesnt need to focus on tea parties, getting boyfriends, and other stupid shit.
>>
>>28643823
If people are asking why there are no sex scenes or violence in FiM, "It's just a cartoon show for little girls!" would work.
But if you use that term for an excuse for general critisism such as "The writing is mediocre even for a cartoon for little girls." like Big Jim did, that's not going to work.
>>
>>28643780
"The show was better when it had less technology" counts as obsessive over-analysis now? Give me a fucking break.
>>
>>28644156
>it wasn't even until mid-S2 that anything resembling consistent worldbuilding was established
Literally what? You do realize there's more to worldbuilding than direct exposition, right? We don't need to hear a character explicitly say "HEY THERE'S COUNTRIES OTHER THAN EQUESTRIA WHERE INTELLIGENT NON-PONY QUADRUPEDS LIVE", we can figure that out from seeing a stripy horse speaking Swahili.
Thread posts: 531
Thread images: 96

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.