[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bard Quest #10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 2

File: op8.png (547KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
op8.png
547KB, 1200x1000px
This is a CYOA about a young pony discovering the world inspired by the many fantasy settings that exist out there

For the most recent events:
>After her stay in the town of Malba in the minotaur realm, Happy Harmonica (You), or Harmony for friends, left with the zebra monk Winter Seed for the capital Daedalus to attend the yearly Superbrawl, a minotaur festival centred around various physical competitions.
>Along the way, they met Lettuce, a strange variety of vegetal, looking and moving like a pony, and who ended up following the two of them
>And after an unpleasant encounter with a trio of bandits, the pegasus warrior Gale Dust joined them too
>For their last day on the road, they joined a group of minotaur sprotsbulls, which was also accompanied by two pony scientists
>After arriving at the capital in the night, they were also surprised to meet Trotting Stone, the grandfather of Harmony, in a tavern
>The group then spends the night at the manor of the family Fast Caravan, a long friend of Trotting Stone, serves
>After a wacky adventure involving transforming into a mouse and facing a dragon which might just need a little guidance, this little bard mare decides she could try to pull and old foe of her out of villainy
>Our story continues when this little bard mare comes back in Daedalus after completing a few administrative formalities

Full story:
https://www.anonpone.com/blord/

Here’s the list of the possessions you currently carry around in your travels:
Your trusty saddle-bags, your coltly headband, a walking stick, a letter from Bomber, a traveller’s blanket, a lighter, the Diamond Claws (which allow the wearer to burrow himself in dirt), your heirloom Harmonica, a med kit, a canteen of water, a rough map of the continent, some carrots, A agility potion, a pouch containing 55 silver coins and 5 cooper coins, a magic flask (which has uncanny transforming effects, depending on what you fill it with).
>>
You slowly advance in the enchanting cloud of little fliers, a bewitched smile on your face. There’s so much bugs flying around and brushing against you that you feel like you’re in a fluffy snowstorm!

“Oh!” Heartshape jumps as she notices you “Hum… Harmony, y-you’re back!”
“Yep, and with the honours!” You beam “I managed to get that piece of paper to Steel Stache! But what’s all this? It’s beautiful!”

With a gentle sway of hoof, Winter Seed takes the insects near his mouth out of the way to answer your question.
“It’s an aroma I made” He explains “We call it honey paste. The smell is infinitely enticing for insects of all kinds and it saps their aggressively. We usually use it observe and manipulate bugs safely. In the day, even wasps behave themselves thanks to that.”
You turn to the strange little pile of amber jelly which is burning quietly. It smells a little sweet but nothing more to you. Still, you can hardly doubt your friend’s words with the little swarm of buggers around… Oh! These two moth looks like they’re flying together…

“I thought that would be a nice welcome gift to… Ahem!” Winty takes you out of your daydreaming “Nymph, right? I might be presumptuous, but she’ll probably like the smell too. I think it would help if she sees good intend from people other than you. I just hope she doesn’t see this as an attempt to brainwash her or something…”

>What do?
>>
>>28632179
I'm glad you're trying to help Winter. You're the best.

Give him a hug.
>>
>>28632179

That's very thoughtful of you, I think it's a great idea.
>>
>>28632556
>>28632739
“I’m glad you’re trying to help Winter!”
You move in to hug him. It gets a little awkward as you have to make sure not to squish some little friends which landed on your zebra friend, but you eventually manage to take him in a proper embrace.

“You’re the best!” You add, making a nearly imperceptible blush appear on your friend’s face.

“That’s the least I can do.” Winty says “I think and you’re going to need all the help you can get. Nymph will probably be a tough nut to crack.”
“And that’s not the only thing…” The zebra starts to whisper in your hear “I have other news… not as good as yours.”
You smile fades a little. WInty sounds deeply worried.

“It’s about Hearthshape.” He says “To make it short… well, she isn’t a pony. Not in the common, earth to earth sense of it actually.”
A cold shiver runs down your spine.

“She… resembles one on many aspects” The monk tries to explain, a little clumsily “But there’s unfathomable dormant forces into her, and her whole being seems to have been…altered, but I don’t have the beginning about how exactly. Right now, her body probably doesn’t work like the one of a pony anymore.”
“If I had to take a guess, I’d say she’d been in contact with immensely powerful magic, and that it affected her to the very core of her being. I also doubt she understands what happened herself.”

>What do?
>>
>>28632822

Well that explains some things, there was clearly something off about her. We should bring her to someone who could tell us more about what happened to her and how to help her. Maybe try that shaman again?
>>
>>28632822
I wonder if we can talk to the bugs.
>>
>>28632859
>>28632932
As strange as it may sound, you think you’re a little relieved to hear that. Mostly because it only confirm your suspicions, but also because a possible way to address them become a little clearer. Since it’s related to magic, maybe Willowhorn can tell you more about it? You hope you’ll be able to see him despite the Superbrawl…

And since there’s no point in dwelling on that right now, you attempt to communicate with the swarm of insects, but it proves to be very troublesome! You can only pick up a general sense of happiness and bliss from them. And even when you tried to focus on only little moth, you couldn’t pass on any other message than simple emotions, any kind of abstract concept leaving the bug completely indifferent.

“Anyway…” Winty stands up and puts off the remaining paste “I think I’m going to go to sleep. Tomorrow will probably be a very rich day…”
Heartshape doesn’t say anything and looks away embarrassedly.

>What do?
>>
>>28633061
So Heartshape, do you mind telling me what you were doing right before we met?
>>
>mods still aren't looking for quests outside of /tg/ to boot to /qst/
>>
>>28633145

>idiots are still posting on 4chan without knowing the rules
>>
>>28633121
You wish winter Seed a pleasant night. Even if he took the honey paste away, many night critters are still here for the pleasure of your eyes, and for Heartshape too. She lies on her side completely, looking to the sky and simply enjoying the freshness of the night. You hate to break such a great mood, but this probably in that kind of situation you’re the most likely to get answers from the small pegasus.

“Heartshape?” You gently call her.

“Hum… Yes?” She perks up.

“Do you mind telling me what you were doing right before we met?” You ask.
You’re met with a wall of silence at first. Heartshape looks at you with puppy eyes, you can feel she’s very scared, and desperately needs something or someone to hang on but at the same time is afraid to get attached.

“It’s… complicated… I think” she finally starts, after mustering her resolution.
“I was… in a dark place. I…hum… don’t remember what happened here very well, or for how long it went. It’s like it was in a dream I think. There were people talking to me, very often, but I don’t remember what they said… or even what they looked like. But they weren’t friendly, and I didn’t like them. I feel impossibly alone… I hated it, and I really, really wished to go away.”
Heartshape marks a pause, and strokes her belly uncomfortably.

“But then somebody came. He was a small diamond dog, he told me he heard me calling and he showed me a way out. He told me to walk north and gave me a single silver coin, and told me to give it to someone who made me happy…”

“That was… hum, three days ago, and… that’s all I remember…”

>What do?
>>
see you tomorrow
>>
king of the bumps
>>
I think we met that diamond dog. He may have been the guy that had to go west towards the sea I think? I need to reread it.
>>
>>28633930
Well I'm glad I made you happy. Hey, you're not sad or lonely anymore are you?
>>
>>28633930

Well Heartshape, we don't know what happened to you yet, but we're going to figure it out and we're going to figure out how to fix it, so we can get you feeling good and on the right track again. We promise.
>>
PREMIUM BUMP
>>
>>28636523
>>28635815
>>28635289
A diamond dog? Could that be…? Far Fetch, the seer you’ve met on the road to Daedalus? The dates seems to match… But more importantly...

“I'm glad I made you happy.” You tell Heartshape after her story “Hey, you're not sad or lonely anymore are you?”
“Hum…” She nods with a timid smile. “Yes, everyone is very nice with me. I’m just… I’m don’t think I even deserve it… ”
“Don’t you start saying things like that!” You tell the pegasus as you walk toward her. “It’s my pleasure anyway!”

You take the little form of the indigo pony tightly in your arms for an intense seance of snuggling. She lets out a tiny little groan of comfort as you she nestle the back of her head on your neck, the squiggle or her mane slightly tickling the back of your jaw. You let out a content smile yourself as Hearthshape places her own little hooves over yours. There is something incredibly blissful about hugging the soft smaller pony, you could swear she’s even smaller and comfier in your arms than this morning.
You keep your role as the big spoon in silence for a while, occasionally brushing your chin against Hearthshapes ears, taking a soft chuckle out of her.

“We don't know what happened to you yet, Heartshape” You tell the little mare in your arms “But me and my friends are going to figure it out and we're going to figure out how to fix it, so we can get you feeling good…for good! I promise.”
She doesn’t answer at your dismay, and start to look uncomfortably to the ground.
“I… Hum… Actually, I don’t think I want to figure it out…” Heartshape meekly says “Maybe we could just forget about it instead? A-and pretend it never happened! I… I just don’t want to think about it anymore… I mean, I’m good right now… I think.”

>What do?
>>
>>28639139
how about we try to figure it out and not tell you anything we don't need to? whatever it turns out to be I can promise that I'll still be your friend.
>>
>>28639183
“Well, sorry, but I really want to look into it myself.” You answer “But I’ll try not to bother you with it unless I absolutely need to. How does that sound?”
“Hum… well…I can’t really stop from looking into it, right?” Heartshape replies with hint of sadness in her voice “I just hope you won’t find something that’ll make you hate me…”

“What? Clearly you don’t know me enough yet!”
You give her a tough rub in the mane with you hoof to assert your friendship over her.
“Let me tell you” You cockily assure the little mare who’s scrunching under your rough touch “Whatever I find, I can PROMISE I’ll still be your friend!”

And once you’ve stopped messing with her mane, the little pony in your arms give you a timid, but still bright smile for your words of comfort.

>What do?
>>
>>28639324
Let's go to bed.
>>
>>28639324
Let's carry her to bed and tuck her in. Then we go watch for Gale.
>>
>>28639361
>>28639409
Maybe it’s time to go to sleep.

For Heartshape at least. It’s not like you’re not dying to return to the warmth of your bed, but you still want to be there when Gust returns.

“H-Hey! What are you- Woah!” Heartshape squirms as you gently take off while still holding her.
“Time to go to bed, Heartshape!” You cheerfully announce “I’ll make sure you get the best dreams ever!”

And so you start to fly toward the room, a flushed Heartshape in your arms. You place your friend in a bed and tuck her in, and exchange one last nuzzling before you go back outside.

You place yourself at the top of the manor, where you and Gust had that discussion yesterday. It gives a great point of view toward the city, and you’ll be able to see Gust when he comes back.
So you remain here, in the pleasant freshness of the night, waiting, doing nothing….
But a little over one hour in, you’ve got to face the evidence.

This is a real torture for you. Waiting somewhere else would be the best way to miss Gust’s arrival. And being alone doing nothing is simply boring to no end, and you can’t even sleep. At that point, you’re not even sure you’ll manage to wait without falling asleep.
It’s only around midnight, and there might still be a couple of hours before your friend’s return.

>What do?
>>
>>28639774
play your trusty harmonica.
>>
>>28639811
In cases like that…

Notes start to fly from your instrument. Right now you’re improvising, just letting your mind and breath wander on the notes. It calms you, and you begin to wonder about where you are, what you’re doing...
You’ve been meeting all these fantastic people, and you dare to say some like you as much as you like them. That’s all you’ve ever wanted.
And you’re pretty happy with how things turned out right now.

But you aren’t stopping there! There’s still a bunch of people you’re going to help and have fun with. And who knows? Maybe among them you could find a special…

“Lotsa good vibe tonight, Harmony!” Cabbage interrupts your thoughts and music, as he pokes your side with his snoot “I like!”
You wonder how he climbed up here…

>What do?
>>
>>28639953
I'm glad you like it so much cabbage. Cuddle with him.
>>
>>28639953
Now how the heck did you get up here Cabbage? You're right, there's alot of good vibes. Lots of reasons to be happy. I'm a little worried about Heartshape and another pony we'll have soon but I'm sure it'll all work out!

To make more simple convo with Cabbage we can ask him what his favorite foods is.
>>
>>28640027
>>28640063
The plant pony doesn’t look like he wants to sleep either, and you’re too glad to speak with someone right now.

“Glad you like it Cabbage! But how did you get up her.”
“I climbed” Cabbage simply answers “Enough holds, so no problems.”

“Hum… Didn’t knew you could… And yes, lots of good vibes like you said” You stretch your legs, which are aching for some movement right now. “Anyway, I was just thinking about how lucky I am right now. I have lots of reasons to be happy, even if Heartshape…”
“Heartshape?” Cabbage gives you a quizzical look.
“Err... you know, small, indigo, wings…”
“Oh! Understood. Name is Heartshape…”
“Anyway, I’m a little worried about her. And also about another pony you’re going to meet very soon. But I’m sure it’s going to work out in the end!”
“Woah! Harmony thinks about lots of things!” Cabbage comments “So weeeeird!”

“He-hey, since when do you know how to tease me, you?” You say with a chuckle “Let’s talk about you instead! What’s your favourite food?”
“Mmmmhhh. Not sure…” Cabbage ponders “Oh! Yesterday. Some weird bread looking ball, I took it when no one looking. So I eat bread ball, and there was some weird delicious goo inside! I was scared because it was weird at first, but was also delicious. But Bread Ball Keeper saw me the second time, so I ran…”

You continue spending your time with Cabbage.
At some point, you’ve simply stop counting the hours, and simply enjoy talking and singing with Cabbage. He’s starting to do real good on some songs! You think you could decently have him perform with you. But shortly after the first colours of dawn had appeared at the horizon, a familiar face came arrives form the sky.
>>
>>28640603
“Gust, you’re back!” You beam as your friends clumsily lands next to you. He looks dead-tired, and his coat is shining with sweat, but he has a proud smile on his face.
“H-hey! *pfew* From your face” Gust cheerfully says between two huffs “I guess you managed to get to Malba in time, right?”
“Yep.” You nod “It was so fast I’ve given the papers to Steel Stache already.”
“Lucky you! Anyway, I got what you asked.” He start to ruffle a pouch he has to bring out two letters “I hope this is gonna work. Now, I’d like to get inside *pant* I need a good hot shower or else I’m going to catch a cold. You’ve given me a real workout there!”

>What do?
>>
>>28640609
We better go get this letter to him. But first maybe we should take a quick four hour nap or something.
>>
>>28640609
Don't we need a letter from Gust as well?
>>
>>28640609
Give him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek to show how much it's worth to us.
>>
>>28640676
>>28640698
>>28640871
“So these two letters… there’s you and your superior, right?” You ask.
“Sure” Gust answers “I made mine while I was taking a break in the barracks”
“That’s awesome Gust! You’re the best! *Mmwah!*” You give the harrier a big kiss on the cheek as you taking him it a grateful hug. Tonight, he’s been a hero to you, and deserves to know it.

But for now, you’re both eager to make the best out of the little night time you’ve got left.
>>
>>28641272
“W-what” The changeling stutters, still not believing what’s happening in front of her eyes “What are you doing here so soon? Why are all those stupid bulls with you?”
But unfortunately, she can’t deny the truth as the minotaurs open the door of her cell, allowing her to come to you.

“Changelings Nymph” Steel Stache starts “After the tenacity and diligence Happy Harmonica here displayed, I have decided to entrust her with your care. You will be allowed to live in a semi-liberty during which you’ll aim at becoming a responsible citizen of the minotaur kingdom.”
“Before that happens, you will be bound to follow Happy Harmonica here who pledged to help you reach that goal. Your will be obliged to follow her and present yourself alongside her for regular controls.”

“Uhm… I…” The changeling stammers “T-time out! This can’t be happening! You can’t tell me this airhead just won the case or whatever in ONE DAY!”
“Listen carefully, scoundrel” Steel Stache tells the changelings with his monotonous voice, while the ring of the changeling’s horn is removed and is replaced by a band of iron on her wrist. “You’ll be able to use your magic with this restrain, but it binds you in another way. Should someone tell you the words… I love you” And as Steel Stache tells her this, Nymph’s whole body stiffens instantly to the point of immobility. She seems like thunderstruck. “You’ll be instantly paralysed, until some tells you that… Mistakes were made.” And now the changeling’s body relaxes again. Letting her even more confused that she previously was.

“She shouldn’t be able to take than band off” Steel Stache tells you “Remember the code words if she starts to cause trouble… or in case someone ends up loving her more than necessary and you have to unfreeze her.”
>>
>>28641294
“Now.” Stache turns to the changeling again “I believe you’d like to take another form before going into the public, since neither you nor the citizens are yet ready to accept each other…”
But the changelings still stares blankly into the void, motionless.
“Changeling Nymph?” Stache calls hers. “Are you going to transform?”

“A…” The changeling stutters, somewhere between anger and utter despair “Excuse me, I’m having a… LITTLE trouble thinking of an appearance right now… Y-you know, having the WORST thing ever happening to me and all.”
“And why don’t you just tell me what you want me to look like, since you’re all so determine in making me like you wish I was?”

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow

Feel free to choose the appearence of Nymph
>>
>>28641303
How about a unicorn? Any ideas on a qtmark?
>>
something suitable
>>
make her an earth pony with some jail bar cutie mark because she's our prisoner! mwah ha ha ha.

or i dunno. a unicorn with a cupcake?
>>
>>28643763
unicorn with a heart
>>
>>28641303

Well, what would she like to look like if she wasn't a changeling?
>>
>>28643763
>>28643776
I know! A white unicorn with a long pink mane/tail and cupcake qtmark. We'll call her Sweetheart and she will absolutely hate it.
>>
saving bump at 10.
>>
File: nymph2.png (250KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
nymph2.png
250KB, 1200x1000px
>>28644747
>>28643817
>>28643776
>>28643763
>>28641963
“Hin hin…” You rub your hooves mischievously “Nymph, you’re going to be an earth pony with a jail bar cutie mark… because you’re my prisoner! Mwahahah!”
But to your surprise, a bright smile illuminates the changeling’s face in the face of your evil laughter.
“N-hah just kidding!” You add, a little taken off guard by the Nymph’s reaction.
“O-oh…” Nymph’s mood peters out “My bad, you had me. I foolishly thought for you a second that you had a righteous sense of cruelty toward you enemies, but no, I was a fool to think there might still be hope for you…”
“Hum… hehe” You giggle uncomfortably “Anyway, what do you think you’d look like if you weren’t a changeling?”

“That’s possibly one of the most stupid thing you’ve said so far.” Nymph grumbles “Like, what if I asked you what you’d look like if you weren’t a pony?”
“Oh! Oh!” You happily raise you hoof to answer “I’ve always dreamed about being a-“
“Don’t answer rhetorical questions!” Nymph cuts you angrily “It’s bad for my blood pressure…”
“Even if I do have an answer?” You say with a smirk “Alright, how about a unicorn, Hum? Oh! White coat and pink mane, and with a heart-shaped cupcake as a cutie mark! I think I’m gonna call you sweetheart in public!”

“Mmmmh?” Nymph ponders “So, the next-door adorable baker? Why not. This one always worked for an easy refill.”
A flash of fresh flames run on the skin of changeling, black chitin being replaced by a pony’s coat after its passage.
In a couple of seconds only, a new pony stands sits.
“So?” Sweetheart asks in a high, bubble-gum voice “Do you like what you see?”

>What do?
>>
>>28646861
yeah that works.now to learn to be nice
>>
>>28646861
It... is... PERFECT!!

Harmony cannot control herself and must hug her. If "Sweetheart" doesn't make a squee sound I will be dissapointed.
>>
>>28646861
That's some fantastic art, Pleeny. I had to double-take to make sure it was actually you.
>>
>>28646898
Thanks. 4 legit hours in FireAlpaca
>>
>>28646884
>>28646889
“It’s…” You stutter, stars in your eyes.
“What?” The changelings smugly answers “Jealous I’m about a million times cuter than you?”
“IT’S PERFECT!” You beam, literally pouncing on the pink changeling to lock her in your arms.
“YIKES!” The changelings gasp in an unsightly manner as she’s taken in your grasp “Get off me you leech!”
“You look so cute, Nymph!” You tell her as you probe her now soft tummy with your hooves “Now all you have to do is to learn to be nice”
“I’m fairly sure you’ve got to LET ME BREATHE before I can do that!”

After one of the guard had to separate you to save the changeling from your death love hold, Steel Stache explains the last details of the contract. You’re under a probation period until the end of the Superbrawl, so you’re going to have to come here to report with Nymph once in the morning and once in the evening for three days. If you fail to come in time, or if Nymph causes too much trouble in public, she’ll return in jail.
After that, you exit the official building with Nymph. Gramps, Winty, Heartshape and Gust are waiting you outside. And after quickly appraising them with her eyes, Sweetheart spontaneously steps forward.

“Hi everyone!” She introduces herself, with her bubble-gum voice “Pleased to meet you! As you all probably now, I’m a changelings and I’ve done a lot of mean things in the past, but now I’m trying to become a better person. Please call me Sweatheart from now on!” She says with a heart-melting grin.

Gramps and Winty exchange an unconvinced glance in response, while Heartshape takes a few steps back to hide behind them.
“Pleased to meet you, Sweatheart!” the Harrier answers with enthusiasm. “I guess I’m the last person one who haven’t met you yet, I’m Gale Dust, but you can call me Gust.”

>What do?
>>
>>28647132
It's a start to a good introduction. I guess we can go and walk around the town giving sweetheart friendship problems like sharing food and asking for things by saying please. we'll exclude her from a game and make her play a game.
>>
>>28647132
Hello Sweetheart. I prefer you be yourself and not put on so we can come to know and love who you really are!
>>
>>28647264
>>28647345
“Nice introduction!” You give the changeling a pat of encouragement “Now let’s go, I’ve got lots of things to teach you!”

And on that note, you leave to have some fun friendship lessons in the city. You have her communicate with strangers, buy stuff while being polite, share her food with some nice old minotaur lady and even play a game of ball with some minotaur kids. She waits her turn patiently and plays heartily once it’s her time. Gust made sure to be on her team when she was playing.

Sweetheart has no problem doing any of that. She behaves politely, can show generosity and kindness toward strangers, do small talk and even does it with the grace of a morning poppy both in victory and in defeat. If you didn’t know better, you’d say she was some nice noble lady on vacation.
But you do know better, and you realise this is just an act she’s keeping up, and this probably isn’t advancing her redemption at all.

“You know, Sweetheart…” You start to tell her as the six of you are taking some brunch together in a pub “I know you’re being nice and all right now, but I think you should probably drop the act, so we can like you for the actual person you are, and not just your disguise.”
“B-but Harmony, My friend” Sweetheart sheepishly answers, her eye twitching in stress… or anger “I don’t understand. Don’t you want me to be nice? Right now, I don’t know much about friendship, but I do believe there’s things that you can’t hope to tell people you have to be friends with, even if you think them.”
“Not this time, Sweetheart” You shake your head “You’ve got to be yourself. Come on!”

“Alright, then. I trust you one this one, you’re the friendship expert after all!” She turns to the rest of your friends, still speaking cheerfully “Everyone? There’s a couple of things I’d like to add to what I told you when I introduced myself.”
>>
>>28647769
“First, I really want you to know I hate you all from the bottom of my heart!” She happily announces “I hope that one day I can throw each of you in a volcano and your screams of agony will be better music to my ears than any waffy song your braindead friend who insisted to have me around will ever produce. If I wasn’t so astonished about how some half-decent government could let someone who killed a citizen go away with basically a vagrant like that, I’d probably have planned to poison you or strangle you all in your sleep already.”
At that point, Gramps is angrily gritting his teeth together, Winter Seed shakes his head in disappointment, Heartshape is hiding under her chair and Gust can’t pick his jaw from the violence of the verbal transformation of the changeling.

“Also I wanted to have you for dinner.” Nymph points at Gust, still bearing her shining grin “I’ve been forced into a restrictive diet that I really don’t like lately. And idiots like you who can’t imagine a pretty face doing anything bad are just begging to be siphoned, I really like seeing vitality leaving their body when they beg for mercy as they still can’t believe they’ve been used all along.”
Gust produces a scared gulp after the reveal.

“Here you go!” Sweetheart concludes with an eerily cute giggle, given what she just said “Still wanna be friends? That will make things easier for me.”

>What do?
>>
>>28647778
Ok. That... wow. Nymph, I love you (to take her down a second), but you do realize that we're all trying to help you, right? I don't understand how you can be so mean after the work we went through and the chance we're giving you. Do you really want to be executed that badly? I'm still willing to try and help but if you want. Would you truly and honestly be happier dead than to be a better pony?
>>
>>28647927
Don't forget to unfreeze her afterwards.
>>
>>28647927
>>28648018
“Ok. That... wow.” You stammer uncomfortably. Even after all she told you before, this speech really hurt your feelings, and you don’t feel like being completely benevolent with someone so hostile “Nymph, I love you” The changeling instantly freezes “But you do realize that we're all trying to help you, right?”
“I don't understand how you can be so mean after the work we went through and the chance we're giving you. Do you really want to be executed that badly?” You sneer, only half unwittingly “I'm still willing to try and help but if you want. Would you truly and honestly be happier dead than to be a better pony?”
After giving Sweetheart some time to let it all settle in, you free her with the words “Mistakes were made”

The changeling recomposes herself, and gives you an angry look before answering your plea.
“I don’t know how I could have been any clearer from the start” Nymph hisses, the hoarse voice of the changeling clashing with the cute disguise she’s wearing. “I neither want nor do I need your help, Happy Harmonica. You weren’t supposed to win that wager, but somehow the universe gave you the props when you asked it to forget the most basic laws of society and justice. Besides, you told me to talk with an open heart and that’s what I did. Felt pretty good I must say…” A spiteful smile flashes on her face for a second, but no more than that “But anyway, I’m doing just what you said. I tried to tell you wouldn’t like it, and… surprise! You didn’t like it! And correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think I’ve been hiding how much disgust you inspire me lately. I promised I’d look into your ways, not to magically forget why you’re such a despicable pony in my eyes.”
>>
>>28648281

“A-and m-more importantly…” Sweetheart shivers in fury from here, and almost can’t articulate through her gritted teeth “A-all the work you went through? You d-dare talk to me about hardships when it took you one s-single day to convince these retarded cows to let me out, and you’re not even looking hurt… or even tired! W-what was that hard work you’re talking about? Did you have to speak with people? D-did you have to give them a friendly pat on the back? Were you obliged to play them a song from your s-stupid instrument while I was rotting away in a cell, famished, after a month worth of plotting and experiments had been ruined by once again YOUR happy-go-lucky hooves in merely a couple of days? IS THAT THE HARD WORK YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT?!”
People around you went silent and are starting to give you weird looks after Sweetheart screamed, but she continues, on a quieter, but not any less hateful voice.

“Let me tell you. Thanks to you I’ve come to believe there isn’t any justice in this world, because after all that happened to each of us, I should rightfully deserve to be dancing on your grave right now…”
“You manage to be both the embodiments of everything bad that happened to me and everything I loathe in this world, Harmony. So yes. Being beheaded doesn’t sound so bad in comparison to spending any more time around you.”

And on that note, Sweetheart violently slams her head on the table, and simply stops to move.

>What do?
>>
>>28648289
just wait, in time you're going to look back on this and laugh realizing how silly and over dramatic your being.
>>
>>28648465
A-alright, she did have a lot going on her mind against you. Now that she’s out of her shell, maybe she needs encouragement.

“Just wait” You gently tell the changeling, patting her back as the rest of the pub start to go back to their own conversations “In time you're going to look back on this and laugh realizing how silly and over dramatic your being.”
But you get no answer. Not even a twitch of the ear.
“Sweetheart?” You call but once again you don’t get any answer. Seeing something is wrong, Winter Seed come to check the changeling.

“She fainted…” The zebra announces shortly after “I don’t know much about changelings, but she looks rather fine, but exhausted…”

>What do?
>>
see you tomorrow
>>
>>28648289
Guage reactions from the rest of the table. Steel yourself and say that we will run the course of the time we have been given. If she continues to believe that being around us is a worse fate than death than it will serve towards her punishment. Let's go and use Winter's special stuff and use it. We'll talk to her one on one with Gale watching.
>>
this is going to be fun.
>>
>>28648611

I think we might need to feed her. I'm...not sure how to do that without a victim.

When she wakes up we can point out that if she's truly suffering as much as she seems to be then that means she's being punished justly for her crimes, which means there is justice in this world, which means that she's actually the stupid one here. For all she knows we might've gotten her freed just so we could put her through this agony just to make her suffer as much as possible for her crimes while maybe getting some use out of her. In that case she would feel pretty stupid for underestimating us, wouldn't she?

Speaking of getting use out of her, I'm thinking that maybe we could task her with finding a way to make it up to Fair Hero and make him happy again. He seemed in a pretty bad way last time we saw him. I have no idea how she would go about doing that (without trickery, of course), but doing so would probably involve researching how to make people happy and help them, which would be a good step towards her reformation.
>>
>>28650484
>>
bumping from the page 10
>>
>>28649198
can't wait
>>
wheee
>>
We need to change tactics. She can play nice all day long. We need to get personal with her.
>>
we're so pimping.
>>
>>28649506
>>28648625
After that, you discretely make your way out of the pub, Gust carrying your new companion on his back.

“I think we might need to feed her…” You announce uncomfortably once Sweetheart has been safely carried to the manor. Right now, she lies unconsciously on your bed. “But I’m not sure how we can do that without a victim.”
“Beats me.” Gramps answers “But I’ve got to say she’s got and even worse temper than I thought.”
“And I’d rather not take part is that sort of meal!” Gust adds with apprehension.
“Maybe… It won’t be so bad?” Winter Seed comes back on the subject “I suppose she was leeching on Fair Hero back in Malba, and he didn’t strike me as dangerously weakened at the time. If only she was a little cooperative, she could tell us how it works, but right now…”
“Hum, before anything, we’ve got to wait until she wakes up.”

After a dozen minutes or so, you see her eyes starting to flutter open. You seize the occasion to light up some honey paste, as the changeling takes some time to emerge completely.
“Urg…” She painfully grumbles, taking note of her surrounding “This is bad…” She mutters under her breath.

“Hey!” You gently call her. “Can you hear me?”
“Unfortunately…” Sweetheart grumbles
“Anyway, there a couple of things I still want to tell you. About justice” you start. “You know, if you’re truly suffering as much as you seem to, then that means you’re being punished justly for your crimes, which means there is justice in this world, which means that she's actually the stupid one here.”
“Also…” You smirk “For all you know I might've gotten you freed just so I could put you through this agony just to make you suffer as much as possible for your crimes while maybe getting some use out of you. In that case you would feel pretty stupid for underestimating me, wouldn't you?”
>>
>>28656323
But to your speech, Sweetheart only rolls her eyes in response.
“If I knew you’d be waiting for me with more horseapples, I’d rather have stayed in dreamland.” Sweetheart grumpily says after letting out a hefty annoyed sigh “Listen, I don’t know what kind of ‘justice’ you seem to believe in, but the facts are that I’m a genius” She points to herself “…while you’re a dork.” Then to you “I’m a potent user of magic, while you can only use these pegasus wings of yours. And you’re an aimless vagrant, while I have a clear yet ambitious goal and wisely put all of my energy toward its completion.”
“And no, I don‘t think I’m underestimating you. You’re a terrible liar and you’ve shown many times to be incapable of dominating tendencies. That’s why you getting the upper hoof on me is an aberration in itself!” She concludes her demonstration “The only true justice, the one that relies on facts, cold logic and laws of nature is that the week and stupid serve the strong, not the other way around. That’s the one and only justice that rules this world! Safe for a few exceptions, apparently…”

After a few seconds of silence, Sweetheart start sniffing the air around her “Wait, w-what’s this?... Are you drugging me?” She frowns in anger but only for a second “Eh… whatever…” and continues to speak in a simply depressed voice “At least reality is less disgusting to look at under a veil of blur…”

>What do?
>>
Only post for today, see you tomorrow
>>
>>28656329
Come now Nymph, tell me how you got here. What made you realize that you are superior? How was your childhood? Tell me aaall about it.
>>
escape at nine.
>>
>>28656329

Do you want to be drugged? We thought it would help you relax; you seem to need it. So what is this clear and ambitious goal you have for yourself? Have you ever been diagnosed as a narcissist? Do you often find yourself making remarks such as "the weak should fear the strong"?
>>
>>28657224
>>
flying away from page 10.
>>
Bump of hope and joy.
>>
>>28657804
>>28656438
“Ahem… Do you want to be drugged?” You ask with a tense smile “We thought it would help you relax, you seem to need it.”
“Yeah, it’s alright I guess.” She concedes “It numbs the bad feelings, and it’s actually better than the aged fruit juices you ponies use for that…”

“Alright then, we’ll keep it up for now.” And since your changeling friend does sound a little less hostile, you allow yourself to be a little blunt “I want to help you, Nymph, so I’d like to learn more about you. For a start, have you ever been diagnosed as a narcissist?” You ask “Do you often find yourself making remarks such as "the weak should fear the strong"?
“I usually don’t have to speak up evidences” The changelings smirks. That’s the first time you’ve seen her display something else than brute anger of despair in a while, you notice “But it seems you need to have them spelled out for you. And If I’ve come to think I’m better than everyone, it’s simply because I AM better than everyone.”

“Alright…” You cringe slightly “And since you’re so much better… what is this clear and ambitious goal you have for yourself? Come now Nymph, tell me how you got here. What made you realize that you are superior? How was your childhood? Tell me aaall about it.”
“My ambition?” Sweetheart repeats with a smug grin “What a silly question! To take over the world of course!” The changeling tells you with the straightest face in the world. “It’s not that hard to understand when you think about it. Ponies, Minotaurs, Diamond Dogs…”She starts to explain “You’re all stupid and gullible. The only reason your realms haven fallen into oblivion yet is because you care for and help each other enough to somewhat make it up for your individual lameness, and so most of you live as idle and careless as equinely possible.”
>>
>>28664160

“But if you understand that, you also understand why changelings could easily bring such kingdoms to their knees. We have all the means to turn your only strength into a crippling weakness. We could have it all, if only we actually were a cohesive force ourselves…”
From here on, a strange expression of regret and nostalgia adorns her face as she speaks “And to my utmost dismay, changelings do not believe they have that power. Right now, they’re small bands of fearful creatures, cowering in fear in the darkest places of the world. Without ambition, without power, without any future besides the life of a stray dog searching the trash for his next rotten morsel.”

“And my mother…” And angry frowns bars her pretty face as she mentions her “Her and everyone else, they were just too meek to even consider rising past their miserable condition! I tried to show them what we could do, that all we needed was a plan, discipline, and to believe in ourselves…” She proudly enumerates, before falling again in a more morose tone “…but they were just too numbed by the habit of mediocrity to even consider it! And instead, something else was happening. I could tell mother was afraid of me. Afraid of what I could become, and that it was much greater than her. She chose petty pride over glory for our family! One night, she and the rest of my family turned their back on me. She didn’t have the guts to face me herself! Instead, they tried to have the inquisition catch me.”

“I had to flee from Hortensia. Now in exile, convincing mother to my views wasn’t an option anymore, so I’d have to do it all myself. First, I had to become stronger, and for that I needed sustenance, lots of it. Hence why I got to Fair Hero’s. Harvesting the love for his products would have practically propelled me into goddess-hood, but I couldn’t perfect that plan before you ruined it.” She concludes, a sadden but resigned look on her face

>What do?
>>
>>28664174
if all changelings are like you it's no wonder none of you want to band together. with friends like that who needs enemies right? but anyway your plan of taking the love of his candy would have never worked because the love you have for food isn't the same as the love one pony would have towards another.
>>
>>28664160
So you want to show the world and Changlingkind how great they can be?
>>
>>28664174
Don't you think you're overcomplicating this a bit? You could also just walk into town and say "will you be my friend?" Seriously. I am trying to be your friend right now and I know for a fact you killed some people. Pony affection is easy to get.
>>
>>28664224
>>28664280
>>28664363
“So you want the world and Changelingkin to realise how great they can be?” You ask.
“Not anymore, actually.” She shakes her head in response “I aspire for greatness. Back then, since I had spent my whole existence with them, I thought my kin could find the same ambition I had and rise with me” She shows a hint of sadness as she says that, but it quickly disappears “But after what they’ve done… They don’t matter to me anymore. Maybe I’ll use them as henchponies someday, that’s all.”
“Well, if all changelings are like you, I can imagine how they didn’t want to band up!” You snarkily comment “With friends like that who needs enemies, right?”
At you surprise, a nearly imperceptible half-smile shows on her face, but that’s all.

“Anyway” You continue “About that plan of yours. Sorry to disappoint you, but it would never have worked since the affection for candy paste isn’t the same as the love for a person.” You declare.
>>
>>28664731
The changeling rolls her eyes and give you an angry frown in response.
“How about you talk about things you actually understand something about for a change?” She cringes “The process was ready, I tested it by forcing one of Hero’s worker’s to be delighted about my recipe, and it worked. I did it. I manage to transfer the like for the dish into me. Sure the connection wasn’t as strong as actual affection, but with the numbers of people I could have reached, the amount of energy I would have obtained would have been insane! I only had to fix the taste so I shouldn’t need to break in the mind of those who ate that candy paste for them to love it, that’s how close I was.”

“Gee…” You sigh “Close or not, I feel like you’re making it a lot more complicated than it should!”
“You want some love? Just go to a village and say ‘hello, wanna be my friend?’ and it’ll work out! Heck! I know for a fact you killed someone and I’m trying to be your friend right now! Pony affection is easy to get.” You assure her.
“Of course it’s easy to get!” The changeling raises her arm to the sky in dismay “That’s what I’ve been telling you! That you’re all gullible as grubs! But still, it takes time to get close enough to feed on someone, and you can’t really go all out absorbing it all if you don’t want to blow your cover in seconds. For a changeling to keep himself in a good condition, you need to have about three different persons you can siphon from if you want them to remain oblivious about it. It’s tedious, and in the end it takes a lot of time to merely be in good shape… And good shape is not enough for the next step of my master plan.” She says with a devious smirk, looking a little absently in the air.

>What do?
>>
>>28664740
And what is that? What happens after you take over the world?
>>
>>28664740
Next step? Also, how exactly do changelings feed anyway? Kinda important since we don't want her to starve while she's with us.
>>
>>28664740
that paste was garbage and the only reason the guard liked it was because of the pony you were. They felt sorry for you and thought you were trying be who you once were. If you were just some random mare or stallion that gave them that they would have told you to get out or force feed you that garbage.

hundreds of ponies would not have been happy and the plan would not have worked.
>>
>>28664740
That all sounds like good reasons to try it without the cover. It takes time to get close enough to feed without blowing your cover? Why not skip having a cover? You would need to feed on three at a time if you didn't want ponies getting suspicious? Then admit what you are and nobody would be suspicious since they know what changelings eat. All the problems you are trying to solve could be solved by being yourself. Do you want some affection right now? I'd be glad to think nice things about you if you want. So would lots of ponies. You're basically sneakily stealing from a free buffet.
>>
>>28664786
>>28664800
>>28664841
>>28665137
“The next step of your plan?” You cock a curious eyebrow toward the changeling “What’s that? What happens after you take over the world?
“Hin hin hin…” She deviously rubs her hooves together “You’ll see, in time… And it’ll involve a lot of trampolines, twenty tons of yogurt and the work of five hundred builder ponies for a month.”

“Eh… A-alright… Then!” You forget about that cryptic answer “How exactly does Changeling feed anyway? I mean, we wouldn’t want you to starve while you’ve with us so It’s kinda important.”
This question does seem to catch Sweetheart’s attention, and she answers without any aggressiveness to that one.
“It’s not that complicated actually, even if it may be a little different from the stories you may have heard about us.” Sweetheart diligently starts to explain “We changelings can siphon the brute energy from living beings, and sustain ourselves with that energy. Understand that I’m talking about energy in the broadest sense, as in the force that keeps us alive, allow us to feel all emotions and use magic of all kinds, et caetera…”
“However, the soul, the will of the subject, naturally resists this kind of extraction, so we’ve got to find a way to get around the defence of the mind. For that, love is the easiest way, as it both connects your energy with the one you love and makes his souls accepting on your intrusion, making siphoning someone who loves you a piece of cake” She concludes her exposition, before adding with a little smirk “But since you’ve accepted that I’m a changeling, all I would need from one of you would be to be truthfully willing to let me tap on your energy.”
You guess that’s good news.
>>
>>28665836
“That all sounds like good reasons to try it without the cover.” You change the subject “It takes time to get close enough to feed without blowing your cover? Why not skip having a cover? You would need to feed on three at a time if you didn't want ponies getting suspicious? Then admit what you are and nobody would be suspicious since they know what changelings eat.”
“Uhm… Time out Harmony… Would you look around you?” You do, and you see your friends watching the conversation with interest, and you have the time to see varying degrees of fear and hostility on their faces, even though they all look away as you turn toward them. “You’re the only person I know in the whole history of persons who actually ever tried to get more intimate with somebody who harmfully feeds in intimacy.” Sweetheart continues “The average person run away and cries for help.”

“But still!” You cheerfully insist “All the problems you are trying to solve could be solved by being yourself. Do you want some affection right now? I'd be glad to think nice things about you if you want. So would lots of ponies. You're basically sneakily stealing from a free buffet!”
“That’s one inspiring speech you got here, but the truth is you don’t like my true self” Sweetheart says, shaking her head “Just like I hate all of your true selves to the guts. You keep telling yourself there a ‘nice’” Sweetheart quotes in the air “Pony trapped deep inside me, but the truth is you’ve already seen the deep end of my feelings toward the world. More than anyone else… Huh… I don’t think I’ve ever talked with Mom for that long now that I think about it...” She ponders absently, before shaking her head and coming back on the subject
“Anyway, if I had to explain my problem with what you’re saying…. it’s like… uh… let’s say… you’re trying to convince me to eat broccolis."
>>
>>28665847
“Yeah, that’ll do…So you want me to eat broccolis, and so you keep telling how good it’s for your health and all, but the truth is! That just thinking about broccolis is making me retch. I just don’t like broccolis and I know I could easily get myself some potatoes instead and I don’t feel like it’s unhealthy. Why would I consider broccolis then?”

More than the veggie-based metaphor, Sweetheart still wholeheartedly refusing your points is starting to really annoy you. After all you’ve done for her… And she just refuses absolutely everything… You feel the venom making its way up your throat.”
“Hey!” You call her out “I’m really trying to help you, you know?! You should consider yourself lucky, because people won’t always be as nice as I am to you! And about that paste you made in Malba…” You growl “It was garbage! And the only reason the guard liked it was because of the pony you were. They felt sorry for you and thought you were trying be who you once were. If you were just some random mare or stallion that gave them that they would have told you to get out or force feed you that garbage!”
“I’m repeating myself, I promise you hundreds of ponies would not have been happy and the plan would not have worked!” You bark, flustered in your anger at the changeling.

“Haha!” Sweetheart chuckles at your outburst “So much for minotaurs being nice and friendly, right?” She smugly mocks you “Isn’t it a little cynical of you to say they were only nice because I was the boss’ girl? Surely I should aim at becoming just as friendly as you decipher them!”
>>
>>28665856

“But more importantly…” her voice becomes a lot more venomous for here on “you numb brain, let me tell you something since you seem to doubt my abilities. Even among changelings, I’m leagues away beyond the wildest stories you may have heard when it comes to us messing with weak pony minds. I’ve learned enough tricks to completely refashion the very fabric of a brain, and recondition up to the most basic automatisms of your subconscious according my will alone.” She boasts menacingly “But since you don’t seem to believe I have these powers, surely you’d be willing to get a taste, right? Just look into my eyes. Even in my diminished state I can guarantee I’ve still got enough juice to mess you up so bad you’ll be BEGGING me to turn you back.”

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>28665865
No need. I believe you without you needing to prove it to me. Your brocolli speech did prove one thing to me, though. The real reason you want to dominate instead of befriending is because you like it better. It isn't really more efficient or more powerful or anything. You just don't want to do it any other way out of pure personal preference. There's one important difference here. Potatoes aren't illegal.

You know what would be a better metaphor than brocolli? Arson. "You keep telling me that a fireplace is a better way to warm up than burning down buildings but I don't care! I am good at burning down buildings and I have plans to get better at it and not get caught!" That's you. Your opinion isn't potatoes over brocolli, it is arson ober brocolli. A bit different.
>>
>>28665865
Alright.
We can't make her do a 180 no matter how much we argue with her due to the fact that she won't believe or listen to anything we say. If we're able to survive it undamaged than we'd show her definitive proof that she's underestimating us, underestimating ponies in general, and overestimating herself. This is an excellent opportunity to put a chink in her armor and make her actually start reconsidering things she thought were undeniable facts.

>>28666209
I think this will make her laugh at our stupidity. Although I don't think she could possibly have a lower opinion of us.
>>
>>28666428
I was aiming for a delicate balance between trying to argue our position while still sounding like Harmony. I was trying for "both ways work but only one is illegal" but framed like an overenthusiastic dumbass would put it.
>>
>>28666548
I got that, but even if we're 100% correct she would still laugh at us and disregard it.
>>
we need to learn to get an iron will!
>>
>>28665865

goddammit, i keep missing the session times. i guess ill have to do my best to play with one input per session

You have us wrong, Nymph. We don't think there's some sort of better pony inside you that we're trying to free. We accept you for who you are. We think it's great that you're ambitious and passionate about what you do, and that you tried to help lead your race to success. There's no real good or bad, just different people with different perspectives. But the problem with your current path is that you can't get along with anyone; you'll use and hurt anyone simply to get your own way,but if you keep doing that you're always going to be fighting everyone around you and even if you succeed you'll be alone and have accomplished nothing greater than satisfying your own primitive desires. But you'll most likely fail, because no one can accomplish anything great alone. We don't want to change who you are, we just want to help you find a way to integrate your interests with society's so you can find a way to be happy without fighting and hurting others, and maybe getting some help from and helping them instead. Now, if you're really such an amazing and powerful changeling, certainly a little goal like that isn't too much for you?
>>
what a troublesome changeling.
>>
security bmp
>>
>>28668831
>>
page nine bump
>>
>>28666209
>>28666428
>>28666548
>>28666603
>>28667560
>>28667631
You’re very tempted to answer Sweetheart’s dare by the affirmative. Resisting whatever she has in store for you would definitely put her in her place a little! But still… You’re a little reluctant at the idea of willingly submitting your mind to someone with a history of brainwashing ponies. You’re going to keep that option in standby for now.
Maybe once you’ve strengthened your will, one of your friends might actually be able to help you with that.

“No need… for now.” You respond “However, your point about broccoli did make me understand something. You just like your way better. It isn't really more efficient or more powerful or anything. You just don't want to do it any other way out of pure personal preference!”
“Ah!” The changeling smiles at you “See? It wasn’t so hard to get in the end! That’s just my way of doing things, and it won’t change even if you-“
“BUT” You cut her “There's one important difference here. Potatoes aren't illegal. You know what would be a better metaphor than broccoli? Arson.” You drop the heavy word, but as you feared, Sweetheart merely rolls her eyes like an annoyed teenager in response “You keep telling me that a fireplace is a better way to warm up than burning down buildings but I don't care! Hurr!” You impersonate her “I am good at burning down buildings and I have plans to get better at it and not get caught! ... That's you! Your opinion isn't potatoes over broccoli, it is arson over broccoli. A bit different!”
>>
>>28672014
“Humph!” The changeling smugly huffs in response “Why would I care? Like I already told you, you’re the only fool on the face of this heart who wants to be friend with your natural predator. I’m way better off not caring about anyone else! If I can make my way to greatness by burning down law books and orphanages altogether, I’ll do it. As many as it takes! There’s nothing in me which will magically make me like any of you, get over it!”

She’s probably exaggerating about those orphanages. Probably. But still, you can’t believe that last statement she said. And even if there’s nothing right now, you’ll make sure to make it change!

“You have us wrong, Nymph.” You tell her “We don't think there's some sort of better pony inside you that we're trying to free. We accept you for who you are!” Even though with the look on her face, you doubt she believes you “We think it's great that you're ambitious and passionate about what you do, and that you tried to help lead your race to success.” At to your surprise, the changeling’s face does soften a little at you acknowledging her qualities and mentioning her kin “There's no real good or bad, just different people with different perspectives. But the problem with your current path is that you can't get along with anyone. You'll use and hurt anyone simply to get your own way, but if you keep doing that you're always going to be fighting everyone around you and even if you succeed you'll be alone and have accomplished nothing greater than satisfying your own primitive desires. But you'll most likely fail, because no one can accomplish anything great alone.”
>>
>>28672016
Sweetheart opens her mouth to retort, but she falls silent as she has yet to meet a real success on her own to actually disapprove you on that.
“We don't want to change who you are” You continue “We just want to help you find a way to integrate your interests with society's so you can find a way to be happy without fighting and hurting others, and maybe getting some help form the helping them instead. Now, if you're really such an amazing and powerful changeling, certainly a little goal like that isn't too much for you?”

Sweetheart seems to ponder your words, her eyes silently contemplating her hooves as she sulks. But soon enough as she remembers you watching her, she puts on her fiercer face again.

“Hum… W-well this isn’t about power here anyway!” She retorts, her animosity back on track “It may have slipped past your judgement, but playing with the mind of people and absorbing their energy isn’t really something people want some help with nowadays... And even my family couldn’t handle me. So I don’t see how you’re going to make anyone appreciate my amazing abilities… I mean, I suppose you don’t plan on taking over the world with me, do you?” And after a second of pondering.
“Nah, don’t answer that last one, I wouldn’t believe you anyway.”

>What do?
>>
who do we need to ask for will training? gust? he seems pretty willful.
>>
>>28672029
Heh. That sounds like that could be fun. Still! You don't know if you don't at least try. Oh wait! That wizard you mentioned! I bet he would be totally interested in your abilities!
>>
>>28672090
>>28672146
If you’re searching for someone to help you resist mind control, Gust is probably the colt. A life of discipline surely breeds a strong will!

“You’re sure about that?” You sheepishly says “Taking over the world together sounds fun!”
“No, thanks.” Sweetheart shakes her head “The world is not ready for you.”
“Hehe…” You giggle mischievously “But, I’m surprised to see yourself before giving up so soon, come on! You could… Uhmmm…” You ponder, and does manage to think about someone who would love having Sweetheart’s help “Oh! What about that wizard? I bet he would be totally interested in your abilities!”

“Count Starfall? Huh… W-well, I suppose so?” The changeling shrugs uncomfortably “Although in my mind, he’d be more prone to see me as test subject rather than a companion. I’m not sure about that… I don’t know him personally. We’d better learn more about the target… I mean, more about who we’re dealing with before anything.” Sweetheart nods to herself.

>What do?
>>
>>28672270
We got her.

I knew you'd come around! Let's go see the wizard then! ...where is he?
>>
>>28672300
Right now, you’ve got a lot of trouble refraining an outburst of smug yet explosive happiness.
You got her!

“Sweetheart, I’m so happy! I knew you come around!” You beam, your smile as bright as the sun.
“D-don’t get your hopes up!” Sweetheart begrudgingly crosses her hooves “I’m just doing this because I promised I’d do what you say.”

“Regardless, let’s go see that wizard!” That’s right, to the wizard! Uhm… “Wait, where’s that wizard?” You ask around your friends, but none seem to know about it.
“All I know is that he’s some big shot mage from Astranostra” Sweetheart shrugs “A faculty director or whatever. He heard about me unusually fast considering how far he lives, thought. That makes him suspicious in my book. But unfortunately I never had any opportunity to learn anything more about him.”

>What do?
>>
>>28672524
I guess we could ask steel statche? he would know.
>>
>>28672524
Should we feed her before we leave?
>>
>>28672549
“I guess we could ask Steel Stache” You think out loud “He would know…”

“Hum… Yeah, you can go do that if you want… I still need to rest up a little I think.” Sweetheart declares, putting the covers of your bed over her.

“Err…” Gramps cringes “I’m afraid that won’t do. Prosecutor or not, he’s probably on his way to watch the Superbrawl like the majority of Daedalus. To tell you the truth, I think about half the reason he asked to complete everything for this morning was so he could leave the office for the day… And probably for the two days that will follow.”

>What do?
>>
>>28672678
“Should we feed her before anything else?” You ask around the room.

“I vote yes.” Sweetheart raises her hoof in a fit of democracy. But it’s insufficient to convince any of your friends, though.

>Whay do?
>>
>>28672736
we'll put her in line if she causes any trouble!
>>
>>28672788
“Alright you concede, but you cause any trouble, I’ll put you in line myself!” You threaten, rolling up your imaginary sleeves.

“S-sure” The changeling says shakily, biting her lip to refrain a smile. “I promise I’ll behave. J-just, … who is it gonna be?”

Even though she tries her best to hide it, the prospect of a meal is really getting her hopes up. Despite of her pretentions, she still have got to eat like everyone else.

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>28672912
We should bite the bullet since we'd probably have to force anybody else,
>>
gale or grandpa would work wouldn't it?
>>
>>28673122
I agree. We should volunteer.
>>
>>28672912

Maybe we could go back to the prison and find some prisoners for her to feed on. She's still on probation so technically the state is still responsible for her well-being, sort of.
>>
found you here on page 10.
>>
>>28674877
>>
why are we trying to be friends with her again?
>>
>>28676367
Because she's in dire need of friedn, and no one else would do it
>>
We'll get her. one way or another.
>>
>>28677185
Let's hope she's worth it then.
>>
Goona have to postpne for tomorrow, sorry

hehe, postPone...

Please don't let the thread die because of this joke
>>
>>28679825
I'll give you a bump from 10 because you have entertained me.
>>
Alright, you have a good night bard thread. I hope you're here in the morning when I wake up and if not then nothing much can be done about it.
>>
>>28679825

I'll never look at that word the same way again
>>
>>28679825
I'll allow it
>>
>>28673122
>>28673699
>>28673806
>>28673850
You think about having Gramps or Gust be changeling food for a second, or maybe having a prisoner or something take the hit for you. But since you’re the one who started all this, you better take responsibility.

“Alright” You announce “I’ll feed you, just make it quick.”
“Sure!” Sweetheart say with a barely contained enthusiasm. “Just make yourself comfortable and let me take care of everything.”

With a hoof, she invites you to come sitting next to her, before turning you around so your back faces her. There, she proceeds to give you a little massage to relax you.
And by the gods, what a massage…
You let out a short gasp of surprise and rear up as the twin hooves of the changeling suddenly apply a delicious pressure on your back muscles. She works fast but prodigiously well, and seems to strike all the knots in you with a merciless precision. A soft sigh of delight escapes your lips and you rest your head of the bedsheet, positively melting under the expert technique of Sweetheart. You suspect she’s using some magic to enhance her touch, because there’s no way hooves alone can feel that good. But you’re certainly not complaining. You can barely think about anything else that the amazing sensations in your body right now, something that would have probably worried you if you were able to think about it.
“Harmony?” The gently voice of Sweetheart penetrates your being “Just stay relaxed, and think about me, will you?”
You do as she says. But in retrospect, you should probably have braced yourself instead.
>>
>>28687756
A strange heat start to spread through your mind, and before you can dwell on it, you feel your consciousness starting to flicker. Your eyes see sparkles and your body gets caught in an uneasy lethargy as you find yourself less and less able to forms coherent thoughts, let alone actions, as if everything you were thinking about was washed away before you could make any sense out of it. It feels like someone is spinning cotton candy from your mind.
Your body also shakes and tingles unpleasantly, as if you were made of jelly and that the own weight of your wobbling muscles was uncomfortable for your bones to bear.

And after a couple of seconds which seemed like hours, your mind is liberated from the outside influence, but not without leaving you so disoriented you topple over the side of the bed.
You feel hooves caching you, and hear the worried voice of Gusts calling “Harmony! Can you hear me?!” You do not answer right away, still regaining your hold on reality.

“Ah~...” Sweetheart moans in delight “It feels good to be in one piece again! See? It wasn’t so bad!”
>>
>>28687762
Now that you’re actually conscious again, you feel like someone just robbed you of the few hours of sleep you had last night… alongside half of the night before that, and that you just had an intensive training session with Gust while Powerdog had a special concert in your skull. With about two encores.

“A-alright… It won’t seem so bad it a half an hour…” The changeling winces as you give her an unappreciative look from your sorry state “B-but I couldn’t help it! I was really hungry, a-and I think your incense reduced my control over the process.” She grumpily defends herself, looking away embarrassedly “But since I’m back to almost normal hunger level, this shouldn’t happen again. I-I mean…” She adds, forcing a smile under the reproving looks of your friends as she’s well aware this is a bad start for her hopeful return to a normal changeling diet “If you do agree to grant me that favour again…”

>What do?
>>
Only update for tonight, sorry again
I have a bad case of “Just one more turn…” The enemy of every Civ-like game player. Luckily, I’m probably going to finish my current game tomorrow so it should be good for an actual session. Let’s just hope I won’t be foolish enough to start another game right away.
>>
Well that was unpleasant
>>
>>28687772

I...don't think we'll be doing that again.

>>28687780

I'm abstaining until Civ VI releases on Friday. You should do the same. It will make it that much better.
>>
>>28687772
Simply ask Gale to please carry us to bed. Lament that we're missing the games.
>>
>>28687772
We're her keeper, we have to make sure she stays fed. Since her hunger most likely influenced her, we should give her ONE last chance to feed normally.
>>
>>28689125
Nooooooooo! Lets at least try to stay awake and see if we'll return to normal.
>>
>>28689282
She said we'd be back to normal in half an hour. I'd at least want to lie down for a while if I felt as shit as Harmony does right now.
>>
>>28689344
From the sound of it, it seems like we aren't suffering from normal fatigue. There's a good chance we'd be out like a light the second our head touches a pillow rather than the power nap your suggesting. I'd rather have a nice meal and than just power through until the festivities of the day end.
>>
>>28688344
oh man
>>
morning
>>
>>28689466
Can we at least hug and cuddle Gale?
>>
>>28691640
going for the simple pleasures
>>
>>28692499
Imagine Harmony feeling safe and secure in Gale's strong arms, nuzzling herself into his muscled chest.
>>
>>28693118
>>28691640
>>28689466
>>28689344
>>28689282
>>28689276

More than the half-apologetic words of the changeling, right now you’re way more preoccupied by the strong yet pleasant grip of Gust on you. You’re happy to rely on him to carry your weight for you and to hang your arms around his neck.
“H-hey… What if I gave her another massage? “You hear Sweetheart tensely offer” That should help her recover faster!”
“Don’t get any closer to her! You already caused enough harm…” Gust retorts, his hooves tightening around you and pressing your head on his chiselled chest. The rhythmic thump of his heart sounds a little fast to you, he’s probably angry at the changeling. But still, the warmth radiating from him is making you feel really comfortable. You could definitely live here, you think to yourself as you close your eyes to appreciate the situation.

After Gust found the courage to wake you up from your surprise nap on his lap, you decide to have something to eat in kitchen of the manor
The mood is rather tense over the little snack you share. Everyone is giving Sweetheart occasional mean glances as she’s the only one without a plate since she got her meal already, and the changeling is staying silent too. Since you stated you’d only allow one more meal for her unless the next one isn’t as harmful, she’s probably looking for ways to get in your good graces once again. You’re really not hungry right now, but you force feed yourself a few vegetable in the hope to get better.

Like Sweetheart promised, you do feel better after a little while, but still far from all good. Let’s say that, from the brink of collapsing on your hooves, you’re now left with ‘only’ a class 2 hangover, and which does seem like it’ll go down soon.
>>
>>28693963
That makes you a little disappointed about the Superbrawl. Since it start at 2 in the afternoon, you might not be in good enough shape to attend to the beginning since it’s going to be noon very soon. Even with a power nap you’ve got little chance to get enough rest.

>What do?
>>
>>28693968
Is there any coffee we can drink?
>>
>>28693968
That massage. Would it really help, Sweetheart?
>>
>>28694141
>>28694150
Coffee was on the menu of course, but it didn’t really help that much. You’re in one of those cases were coffee made you from sleepy to sleepy and agitated at the same time.

“Sweetheart?” You call the changeling between two rings in your ears “That massage you talked about earlier, would it really help me?”
“W-well… It’s just an ordinary massage” She answers readily, eager to earn tomorrow’s meal you suspect. “There’s nothing special about it. But it would definitely allow you to recover in the best way possible. That and a hot bath, then some sleep.”

>What do?
>>
>>28694206
Think 2 hours would be enough time?
>>
>>28694206
Ok. Sweetheart can you please give me a massage?
>>
>>28694249
>>28694284
“Will two hours be enough?” You ask
“It’s enough time to make it better, that’s for sure.” Sweetheart nods to herself “But we should probably have the bath and massage at the same time then.”
“Ok, Sweetheart” You nod with a smile, the perspective of being subject to the gentler touch of the changeling easing your mind a little “Can you give me a massage, please?”

“Hold on a second” Gust interjects, pointing an accusing hoof to Sweetheart “Don’t you think you’ve done enough, changeling? There no way I’m gonna let Harmony in your hooves after what happened earlier!”
“Gee…” Sweetheart rolls her eyes “Get off you high centipedes! It’s just a harmless massage. If you’re so worried, why don’t you just come along? You look like you need to relax too, and alongside Harmony, I could show you a few... pleasurable tricks if you want.” She says with a playful wink, which make Gust’s face instantly light up in a bright shade of red.

>What do?
>>
>>28694455
Threat to virginity detected.

H-hey you! Leave m-my friend alone. Please Sweetheart, help me. Gale can you make sure she doesn't try anything?
>>
see you tomorrow
>>
Wuh oh.
>>
>>28694455

Sounds fine to us. What's the matter, Gust?
>>
>>28697546
>>
>>28694540
>>28696579
Somewhere in your brain, a red flag is being raised, but right now your brain hurts a lot, so you don’t pay it much attention.

“Hey, s-stop teasing my friend!” You tell the changeling, while in the corner of your eyes you see Gust biting his lip at the mention of the word ‘friend’ “Still, the massage sounds fine to me, Sweetheart, will you give one to me, please?”
“But of course!” She politely obliges.

“Gale, can you make sure she doesn’t try anything?” You ask the pegasus, who replies with a sound gulp of apprehension followed by a tense nod. Weird… Cabbage would say.
“What’s the matter?” You sheepishly add.

“Hum… N-nothing” he answers embarrassedly, still as red as a cherry. “A-Alright, I guess I have no choice, then… I-I’ll go”

Shortly after that, the three of you the leave the kitchen for the baths.
But before you do, you catch a glimpse of your Grampa holding Sweetheart by the shoulder, and whispering something in her ear. You didn’t hear what he said, but you see the changeling freeze on her tracks just for a second, a fleeting hint of utter dread on her face before walking after you again.
>>
>>28700046
You’re not sure if it’s part of her cute baker costume, but she’s plusher than you’d ever allow yourself to be, which make her for a pleasant person to rest on. Right now, both you and the changeling are sharing the space of a minotaur-sized bath while Sweetheart diligently works on you neck, your head resting on the incredibly soft chest of the changeling. She may use lots of tricks, but the changeling’s massage skills definitely aren’t an illusion. And being all worn out, her touch feels even better to you than last time, turning the aches of your bodies in pleasurable jolts of warmth and relief. With the heat and steam radiating from the water, you’re in literal heaven, and a blissful grin adorns your face.
The room is filled with the soft moans of pleasure you’re incapable of keeping in face of such a delightful treatment, and also the cute giggles of the changeling who seems to have fun working on you.

You almost forget about the poor Gale Dust, who’s watching you from a corner of the room, not moving an inch and looking very interested in the feature of the roof covering this room. The heat seems to be getting to him, his face still as red as a tomato.

“Why don’t you come a little closer too, Gale Dust?” Sweetheart playfully offers to the flustered stallion. “Even I can recognize how these minotaur commodities can be enjoyable. You’re making this a lot more boring for you it has to be, come on!”

>What do?
>>
>>28700050

I don't think we have any need to intervene here.
>>
>>28700050
Don't even register any sort of implications from Sweetheart and blissfully slur to Gale that she's the best massager ever. She has magic hooves.
>>
There's a bar you shouln't cross with exageration. I believe I just took this bar, cut it in small pieces, and built a ladder out of it so I could keep getting over it over and over again.

If what follows doesn't give you a boner, I'm fairly sure it'll get a good laugh out of you instead.
>>
>>28700064
>>28700104
“Guuuuuust…” You moan “She’s marvellous, the best massager ever. Her hooves are magical, I swear!”
“Still not interested, big boy?” Sweetheart offers in a sultry voice “I can make you feel that good too, and then even better!”

“N-no thanks… demon!” The Harrier shakily retorts, sitting on his rear and crossing his hooves in defiance.

“Well… Looks like you’re going to have me all for yourself Harmony.” Sweetheart smugly shrugs “I’m going to move on to the deep points. You’re going to sleep like a maggot after that.”

Until now, the massage of changeling was merely soothing your body, merely preparing it for its true purpose. But now, you find yourself gasping in delight as she applies a lot more strength in her pushes on your knots, sending thunderbolts of pleasure which reverberates along all the nerves of you body, and soon threatening to fry your brain with unbridled pleasure.

The moans of delight coming from your mouth raise in volume and frequency, your whole body shaking under the overwhelming and heavenly assault on your senses. Even with a clear mind, you’d probably have trouble containing your reactions, but here you’re let completely loose, rearing and splashing water on the floor under each thrust of the mighty hooves of the changeling on the core muscles of your lower back. You hold hard on the ledge of the tub, your mouth unable to close, your tongue lolling out of your mouth, and your eyes unfocussed as your enraptured mind submits to the enlightenment of your body.

“What a response!” Sweetheart chants “Allow me to bring your to new highs, Harmony, I shall show you what living off the pleasures of others really means!”
>>
>>28700756
And from there, the changeling presses what you right now believe is the very core of your being, where all your feelings originates from in the middle of your chest. Her touch lights a fire there, which becomes an inferno, an then a blazing sun, sending its holy rails of enthralling sensations in ground-shaking pulses through your entire body. Each one brighter, each one more powerful, each one more glorious that the last, until you whole being is filled to the brim with an unstoppable, ever increasing, unlimited torrent of pure pleasure.

You keep climbing higher and higher, surpassing hundreds of times over the wildest expanses of felicity your poor mortal mind could ever conceive. You’re a queen, an empress, the goddess of your own body which worships you with the vehement fanaticism of a million zealots. You’re beyond everything, the very incarnation of perfection, and yet still ascending to new realms of pleasure. Until finally, on the top of an ecstasy far beyond what gods could merely dream of, the untold amount of passion inside you is finally allowed to burst free.

You let out a howl a howl of pure pleasure, resonating in G minor with the pulses of the heavenly storm raging in your whole body. She’s done it, you think, in the dreamy delirium of your mind. Sweetheart cured all of the pain inside you and replaced it with pure delight. She made pleasure flesh. She made pleasure YOUR flesh, and allowed you to revel in the truest form of bliss. And you abandon yourself, letting your body chant the glory of the blazing heaven you’ve been brought to, until the end of times.
This end of times comes when your lungs have finally emptied, allowing you and your consecrated body to descent from you trance and to fall in a slumber filled with righteous satisfaction.

As you fall this blissful sleep, the last thing you see is a Gust staring back with eyes as big as volleyballs, and his wings painfully flared behind him.
>>
>>28700766

...Damn. Can changeling have special talents? Because I think this is hers.
>>
>>28700754
Well you weren't lying. Can confirm a chub and a good chuckle.
>>
>>28700817
>>28700766

You wake up between the delicious warmth of your covers, feeling incredibly blissful and a little sluggish for whatever reason.
Strangely, the last thing you remember is witnessing the second coming of the gods into your body after Sweetheart gave you a really nice massage, but that doesn’t make any sense, does it?

Speaking of which, it’s her voice you hear when you come to.
“I don’t believe you!” She angrily says “Changelings in that hippie religious community of yours? A bunch of moults, I say!”
“It’s true, though” The voice of Winty replies in his usual calm tone “They’re only a hoofful, but some changelings have embraced the way of Brahma… Huh, looks like someone is awake.”

The both of them turn to you as you slowly rises up, you mane in an even wilder shape than usual, if that’s even possible.
“Sweetheart…” You says as you groggily rise from your bed “I meant to say, that massage… it was out of this world! I think this might be your calling. Do changelings have special talents?”
“Eh…” She smugly shrugs “Most don’t, but I have many. But more importantly, that’s the type of thing I’m able to do when I’m at full potential. Still doesn’t believe I’m a genius?” She brags.

But as you talk to the changeling, you notice the clock on the wall displays quarter to two.

>What do?
>>
see you tomorrow
>>
>>28701063

Superbrawl time?
>>
>>28701063
I'm feeling good enough to go to the games! Thank you Sweetheart! Give her a crushing hug. Before we zip out of the room ask what happened to Gale while we were alseep. Did she give him a massage too?
>>
Getting away from page 10.
>>
it's time to enjoy ourselves!
>>
Feeling like drawing something but no ideas what, any ideas?
>>
>>28704232
>>
>>28704357

Draw an horse
>>
>>28701603
>>28702358
>>28703649
Your smile widens. Finally it’s time for the long-awaited ceremony, and you feel almost completely rested!

“Anyway, thanks a lot Sweetheart!” You say as you pounce on her, locking her tightly in your arms and getting an annoyed groan out of her. She doesn’t protest further on this one, though. Luckily for her, the embrace doesn’t last for too long as you’re in a hurry right now… But you stop at the door to ask a few more questions, actually.

“Ahem, where’s Gust by the way. Did you manage to give him a massage?”
“HA!” The changeling chuckles “I didn’t, but you should have seen him! Once you fell asleep, he carried you like away like the building was in fire! He’s afraid of being in the same room as me now, that’s hilarious! So giving him a massage? Not sure it’s going to happen any time soon… but I think I’ll keep trying to give him one, I’m not the kind to pass a chance to mess with a funny little worm like him!”

“And about where he is” Winty adds “He left with Trotting Stone and our hosts just a couple of minutes ago. We weren’t sure when you’d wake up, but you should be able to catch up on them.”
“Will do!” You nod, and fly out of the room in a swoosh.

You can’t be thankful enough for your wings right now, as the main streets of Daedalus are positively packed with activity, and the huge mass of people is steadily advancing toward the stadium in the heart of the city.
You finally caught the sight of Gramps and Gust in the central plaza. You found them easily as the few pegasus waiting to enter the stadium chose to prepare themselves some clouds to wait more comfortably.

>What do?
>>
>>28706181
Let's go greet them.
>>
>>28706181
Suprise hug Gale.
>>
>>28706357
>>28706437
Since they failed to notice you, Gust is going to face your standard punishing protocol in-case-of-failure-to-notice-you, and after a little detour through the crowd, you jump like a tiger to close your arms around the Harrier who yelps in surprise.

“Yikes! H-Harmony!” Gust exclaims happily as he recognizes you, and gives you a little squeeze of his own arms “You made it, and you look great!”
“Haha!” Gramps roars in laughter “I knew my Happy Birdie wouldn’t be able to miss this party!”
“Yep!” You nod with a smile, taking a sit on their little cloud “All thanks to Sweetheart, she really patched me up!”
“Hump…” Gust huffs disdainfully “That’s the least she could, since she’s the one who hurt you in the first place…”
“Ah!” Gramps declares as he looks to the stadium, where the cheers of excitement are increasing in strength “Looks like there’s going to open the doors, are you ready to see how minotaurs like their fun?”

You’re in for about six hours of watching one of the biggest and most exciting celebration of the continent, if there’s anything you’d like to do before, it’s now or never. Also, you’ll be sitting next to Gust, and now might be the time about how

>What do?
>>
>>28706520
Pre-emptively stock up on snacks and drinks so we won't need to go get more. Also a foam little flag for the Salamanders (that's our team, right?).
>>
>>28706570
You’re all soon able to enter the great stadium of Daedalus. After parting ways with Gramps, you and Gust are directed toward your seats. As you heard, they’re front row, and you’re going to be as close to the action as equinely possible! While you see more and more people pouring into the rows, you manage to catch the attention of a vendor, which is more than happy to supply you in unhealthy food and drinks for the day. However, you burst in tears when the vendor tells you they only have scarves for the Salamander and no giant foam glove at all. You could have sworn minotaurs had these…

After a little while, the crowd gradually falls silent as a single bull in costume advances on the grass.

“Ladies and Gentlebulls” He starts in a stentorian voice, once in the middle of the stadium “Citizens of Daedalus and from the rest of the world, to our pegasus friends who watches us from the clouds, and to our proud ancestors watching from far beyond them. I am honoured and happy to greet you for this very special time of the year. Starting today, and during the two days that will follow, we shall honour the foundation of this beautiful city of Daedalus in the most AWESOME way. For three days, on this very grass I’m standing on, dreams will come true and other will end, unbeatable highs will be exceeded sometimes seconds after being established, tears of joy and despair will be shed, as the game of life will be played to its fullest. To anyone who hears my voice, I hereby invite you to witness the performance, the rage and the glory of bulls who dedicated their lives to passion and glory, as I officially announce the beginning… OF THE NINETY-FOURTH EDITION OF THE SUPERBRAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWL‼!”
And as the sound of a great wooden horn resonates in the stadium, you, and Gust, and everyone else as far as your eye can see rises from his seat as one and cheers with all their lung’s worth for the beginning of the greatest time of the year.
>>
>>28706853
“Boy, what a day, haha! *Cough cough*” Gust chuckles as you both exits the stadium under the night sky “Damn, I think I broke my voice or something.”
“I bet you did!” You say, popping in your mouth one of the last popcorn you didn’t spill on the ground in your enthusiasm “You really got exited during the tavern melee, I thought you were going to join them for a second!”
“Haha, yeah! The Salamanders were on fire! Ahem… pun-unintended…” But you giggle anyway “It’s like all their opponents just came crashing like waves on their tables!”
“Yeah, but that tactical boomerang chair throw from the Feral Mammoths was too perfect to NOT win them the game…”
“Can’t deny them that!” The Harrier nods, full of respect “I wasn’t rooting for them, but I could only cheer for them in the end!”

Both your minds are filled with the memories of this awesome day, and you can barely stop talking one second to look around for Gramps.
note: you spent 9 coopers in food, drinks and a Salamander-themed scarf you currently wear

>What do?
>>
see you tomorrow
>>
what a nice change of pace this was.
>>
>>28706865
I wonder what the rest of the games will be like? If it's better than it was today then I think I'll explode from awesomeness! After that I kinda just wanna relax. Too bad I got to babysit Nymph. I guess it's my own fault, eh?
>>
found ya on page 10
>>
>>28707164
happy end of season day
>>
>>28713778
>>
>>28709744
>>28707944
“Ah! That first day way was awesome! I really liked seeing these athletes perform for a change” You beam, still enthralled by what you saw today. “If it gets any better, I think I’ll explode from the sheer awesomeness!”

“Haha, ‘might happen!” Gust replies “That… whatever-whatevery-whatnow drunk thing you wanted to see is the last event of tomorrow!”

“Ooh! I can’t wait!” You squeak, writhing in anticipation… before letting out an unexpected yawn despite your excitement “But right now, I guess I just wanna relax. It’s just too bad I’ve got to babysit Nymph… I guess it’s my own fault, eh?”

“Yeah…” Gust nods in compassion “You’re giving yourself a real workout with her… and not the kind I can help you with…” Gust marks a pause to ponder for a second, before adding “Well… actually, if you think there’s anything I could do to help you with her, don’t be afraid to ask. I did sign up for this too after all.”

>What do?
>>
>>28715354
If I think of something I'll tell you. Thanks.
>>
>>28715354
Any way to train our willpower?
>>
>>28715420
>>28715485
“Hmmmm… Oh! Gust, do you think you could help me train my willpower?” You ask the Harrier.
“Training your what?” Gust frowns “Ahem… I’m not really sure what to tell you… You mean, you asking me this because you want to resist Nymph’s powers, right?”
“Yeah, that’s what I have in mind.” You answer, filled with confidence.
“Well… I’m not sure I can help.” Gust replies embarrassedly “I can imagine why you’re thinking about me about that, but the discipline of the military comes mainly from trusting your comrades and superiors, and following orders and iron tight rules, so I don’t have the beginning of idea about how to transpose that into resisting a changeling. And to be perfectly honest” He looks away with an embarrassed blush “I’ve been a little afraid to fall for her charms myself…”
“Hum…” You nod, a bit disappointed but still smiling “If I think of something else I’ll tell you!”

On that note, you decide to go back to the manor. You find Gramps on the way and share some more on your enthusiasm about the games with him. He also reminds you about checking in with Nymph as the barracks.
You shortly arrive at the manor, where you find Winty, Heartshape and Sweetheart doing some weird cuisine with a lot of plants you don’t recognize.

“Eh? Back already?” The changeling lets out as a greeting.
“You all look like you had fun.” Winty adds, ignoring the snide comment “As you can see, I managed to interest our friend in the making of honey paste.”
“Yeah…Friend…” Sweetheart crosses her arms disdainfully.

>What do?
>>
>>28715698
C'mon Sweetheart, we know you like us deep, deep, deep, DEEP down. We better get going to check in with Stache.
>>
>>28715739
“C'mon Sweetheart, we know you like us deep, deep, deep, DEEP down!” You say with a bright smile.
“Yeah…” Sweetheart grumpily answers. “I believe I buried that with my youth hopes and dreams…”

After this little exchange with the reluctant changeling, you head for the barracks to check in with her. However, once at there, you see no trace of Stache, and a simple guard take note of your passage here.
It’s in a gloomy mood you walk back home, Sweetheart remaining silent as she stares at the ground while she walks.

>What do?
>>
>>28715898
So what a Changling families like? I heard they have a queen, which is mother to them all. Is that true? Are there Changling kings?
>>
>>28715996
“So… What are changeling families like?” You try to break the ice, to learn a little more about your friend.
She gives you a weird glance and doesn’t respond at first, just watching in front of her…
“A changeling family… is the opposite about everything you could think about a pony family” She coldly drops after a while. “Grubs are let almost on their own soon as they’re weened, and have to show they can survive by themselves. Only once this extensive trial of fire is over, they are allowed to live with their family for the rest of their pathetic existence. And it’s somewhat supposed to be an honour. Many don’t survive that far.”

“W-woah…” You can only respond “And, I heard they have a queen, which is the mother of them all… Is that true?”
“Yes, a Mother leads her family, but there hasn’t been a changeling who called herself a queen in a while… A very long while.” Sweetheart grits her teeth “None dares to, to them it just sounds like fairy tales, today…”

“And… Are there changeling kings?” You ask out of curiosity.
“Kings? No…” Sweetheart thoughtfully answers “The leader of a hive is always the Mother, she’d call herself queen”

>What do?
>>
>>28716372
If there was no queen, why didn't she try to become the queen?
>>
>>28716402
“If there was no queen” You sheepishly ask “Why didn't your mother try to become the queen?”

“You don’t understand!” Sweetheart angrily retorts, turning to face you with a furious expression “Everyone’s afraid! The very tittle of a queen seems like something unattainable. Of course, nobody could have stopped my Mother to take the title, but she knew too well it was void in face of her cowardice!”

>What do?
>>
>>28716496
Why are they so scared? Why are "grubs" so neglected? That sounds horrible.
>>
>>28716496
I was asking about her, not her mother.
>>
>>28716544
>>28716553
“And what about you, then?” You add “Why didn’t you try to become the Queen?”
“Foolish as I was at the time, I accepted Mother as our leader.” She says, something that sounds like regret in her voice “But eventually, I was starting to realise all that was wrong in her, and I probably would have tried to take her place eventually… However” She winces in anger “Her paranoid mind probably foresaw that, and had me taken out before the idea sprung in my mind…”

“B-but why is everyone so scared?” You whine “Why are the grubs neglected, that sounds horrible”
“Ironically… We are because we’re your predators” Sweetheart points an accusing hoof at you “We’re beasts that should be eliminated for the vast majority of ponies who know about our existence. But as our number is small, and as the changelings failed to answer to the techniques and spells created to detect and smite them, we regressed into a disgracefully primitive behaviour, and live in small numbers, in fear of being caught and brought down, going as far as letting the weakest of us to die so we aren’t slowed down. If the stories Mother told me are true, this wasn’t the case a long time ago” She says, a nostalgic mood fleeting on her face, but quickly replaced with spite “But I cannot even trust anything this demented hag told me anymore…”

>What do?
>>
>>28716740
I wouldn't mind hearing some stories about her heritage.
>>
>>28716740
Isn't there a way for you to show that Changlings and ponies don't have to fear eachother?
>>
>>28716810
>>28716840
“W-well… I wouldn’t mind hearing some stories of her heritage…” You offer, hoping to calm the changeling down, but to no avail.
“Lies, I’m telling you!” Sweetheart hisses, each word filled with more venom than the last “Screw her stories of changelings being prominent noble families or feared crime magnates of the undercity, these are all lies to blur the ugliness of our condition! I’ll just write my own future…”

“H-hey… Talking about future!” You try once again to appease your friend. “D-don’t you think there’s a way for you to show that changelings and ponies don’t have to fear each other?”
“Ha! How about YOU find await for ponies not being afraid of changelings first?” She meanly retorts “Only loonies like you or your masked zebra friend don’t bring torches and pitchforks at our sight! I’m just afraid I might become a weirdo myself if I stay for too long with you… Since you’re my friend, please remind me to hate you from time to time, will you?”

>what do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
one plan is to be loud and proud with our changeling companion.
>>
>>28717141
Break out a massive smile and say "Ok Sweetheart, sure thing." and walk back to the manor with our steps lighter than before.
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.