[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best pony

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: Waifu.png (790KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu.png
790KB, 1280x720px
Here I would ask you why she is so perfect, but in fact she is pretty crazy and broken, trying to make up her lack of social skills with brainwashing other ponies into doing her bidding. Repeatedly. For most of her life after she has lost her only friend due to being whiny about it.

So why is she so absolutely lovable?
>>
>>28626564
Literally the only problem I have with her is that she's not lovable
>>
>>28626580
We are enemies now.
>>
Because you can't look any further than skin deep and feel connected because you both probably play victims and blame everything else for your faults. You both don't have the ability to be aware of the feelings of those around you and don't take them into consideration when you make decisions which ultimately impact them. Then afterword all you can do is mutter a few sorries as you hobble back to wherever you came from to sulk about how unfortunate it is to be you while never truly trying to figure out why it keeps happening. Every single time Glimmer comes on the screen you are reminded of this and it makes you feel a connection to her.
>>
File: starlight_cupcake.png (341KB, 1747x1900px) Image search: [Google]
starlight_cupcake.png
341KB, 1747x1900px
>>28626564
because she is flawed just like us..
It makes her relatable and people either love seeing a heavily flawed character because it lets them know they are not alone, or people hate her because it reminds them of just how fucked up they really are.

atleast thats my theory..
I <3 glimmy
>>
>>28626628
But that's me and I don't care about Glimmer
>>
>>28626564
this >>28626677

But to add on it, I feel that her social awkwardness is a factor, and her anxiety both play as a connection to us. We can sympathies with her.
>>
>>28626715
Just like with wingless Twilight?
You know that's a pretty bad foresight, right? You are probably gonna be destroyed like Twifags, when she does a 180 later in the show, like Twilight did. Better be ready.
>>
File: 5616516516numbers.png (183KB, 640x363px) Image search: [Google]
5616516516numbers.png
183KB, 640x363px
>>28626628
6/10 for coming up with that approximation just from knowing that I like Glimglam. It's pretty negative though. I don't have to be like that /all/ the time to feel some kind of connection to her. I suppose just having experienced a somewhat similar situation once would already be enough.

Which applies to pretty much every character you can feel a connection to.

>>28626677
Funnily enough, that's what people keep saying about Donald Duck.
>>
>>28626729
twilight never had the same problems glim has. just this finale glim started shaking with fear because of her ptsd. twilight was shut-in by choice but she had no trouble socializing, even challenging the local athlete and stuff in the pilot and being overall socially competent
>>
>>28626715
>>28626677here
I completely agree with your add on. 10/10
I absolutely love analyzing her character

>>28626731
>Funnily enough, that's what people keep saying about Donald Duck.
can you elaborate?
>>
>>28626829
You didn't understand what a 180 is
It means that if she is anxious now, she will stop being and change completely.
I am just telling you cause the signs are there again, and I still hate the fucking wings. Also cause I don't want you all crying later about how Glimmer is ruined. I still remember how much it sucked when Twilight got wings and how she changed completely.
>>
>>28626854
>can you elaborate?

As you know, the Ducks are a cartoon rather centered on kids nowadays, but despite of that, I have heard a lot of reports about adults liking Donald Duck. The explanation of that is usually that he is relatable. He is flawed, has his share of problems with other people, gets mad, can be mean, is always short of money, but also has a nice side where he tries to do things right.

So in short, he is flawed like the rest of us.
Kinda like Starlight Glimmer. In the flawed sense at least. For people on the internet who have problems socializing. I guess.
>>
>>28626924
interesting..
I havent seen any donald duck cartoon since I was 5, but based off the vague memories I have I can see what your getting at..
>>
File: twilight sparkle plates.gif (125KB, 486x486px) Image search: [Google]
twilight sparkle plates.gif
125KB, 486x486px
>>28626862
This never happened, mate.
>>
File: [multidimensional screaming].png (164KB, 289x500px) Image search: [Google]
[multidimensional screaming].png
164KB, 289x500px
SHE ISN'T "FLAWED"
SHE'S POORLY WRITTEN
SHE COMES ACROSS AS CRAZY BECAUSE THE WRITERS FOR THIS SHOW ARE FUCKING SCHIZOPHRENIC AND HAVE THROWN ALL SENSIBLE CHARACTERIZATION OUT THE WINDOW
YOU'RE IN LOVE
WITH
A
M I S T A K E
>>
>>28626564

indeed
but I only desire her on a sexual way
I may put good use to her sociopathy and lack of common sense someday but at this moment, my interests on her are only sexual
She is so hot and so unstable, I want break in every way possible making something old glim would make fun of but above everything, I lust for her, to completely severe her pony ponut

I <3 glimmy in my own way
>>
>>28627253
>want to break her
fuck, how did I forget 2 words?, maybe its my need for glimmy
>>
>>28627132
Calm down man. You'll wake the foals.
>>
I love seeing positive about Glim Glam, it's nice to see another perspective on this.
>>
File: B8EjmP_CAAEoIEJ.jpg (53KB, 584x573px) Image search: [Google]
B8EjmP_CAAEoIEJ.jpg
53KB, 584x573px
>>28627104
You all have been warned.
I'll screencap this post, just so when you all bitch about Glimmer ruined in next episodes, then you won't be able to complain about not being warned.
>>
>>28628797
She was ruined the moment they reformed her and she became Twilight's bitch
>>
>>28628831
She will change even more yet again. And then even the fags that like her currently will get mad too, just like they ruined the changelings.
The only one that can destroy this fandom is hasbro itself.
>>
>marysuefags starting threads trying to prove that their waifu is "flawed"
>all those "flaws" are actually consequences of her dramatic back story
>literally another of the most common traits of a Mary Sue
It's OK to love a Mary Sue, guys, really. Don't try to rationalize it! All the other waifufags love a horse, so we don't have the moral authority to judge whatever you love. But every time you try to deny the obvious, you're just fucking hilarious. I'm not asking you to stop tho, please, keep on doing these threads, we all need a good laugh from time to time.
>>
>>28626564
Because she's autistic like us
>>
>>28629326
I always thought Twilight was the Mary Sue of the show. Being an ascended unicorn princess with her own castle and authority and all.

>>28628791
I am hardly ever on this board here. I had no idea people disliked her so much that making a more positive thread about her seems to be something rare.

I always get excited whenever an episode with Glimmer comes up because they always seem to be the strongest and most heartwarming ones.
It's a little sad to think that others would dislike them so much.
>>
I dont particularly hate Starlight, but I really want her to spend more time with other members of the M6 without Twilight hovering over her.

It would make her inclusion feel more natural if she assists them in her own duo/trio episodes without Twilight expecting something out of her in their regular day-to-day affairs.
>>
>>28629326
>Mary Sue
you guys keep using this and I dont think you completely know what it means..
>inb4 hur dur yas I do! Glim a shit and you a shit.
>>
File: dis gon b gus.gif (681KB, 446x446px) Image search: [Google]
dis gon b gus.gif
681KB, 446x446px
>>28629958
>she's not a Mary Sue guise I swear
Oh, please, please. Can you use now the "she can't be a Mary Sue because she's actually a rip-off" defense? It's my favorite.
>>
emergency page 10 bump
>>
>>28626564
its the mane, voice and color palette which ruins her for me

they are literally a plague for the eyes and ears
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.