[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, did Haber miss a memo or something?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

File: large.jpg (243KB, 675x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
243KB, 675x1024px
>Guardians of harmony toyline launching
>Being setup as a giant "Twilight and spike vs. Chrysalis and the changelings as nemesis" things
>Finale made by Haber comes out
>Changelings are completely reformed and Chrysalis Swears that Starlight, who's nowhere in the entire GOH toyline or comics, is her sworn nemesis

Seriously, its like he didn't read anything about what toylines hasbro had coming up.
>>
It's probably a separate timeline or something. And it's just one annual comic for now until the toys actually start to sell/people want more.
>>
>>28619736
It's almost like the comics are not canon.
BIZZAR
>>
>>28619754
>The one time the story is actually decent, better than the show the comics are non-canon
>They mention all of the shitty comics written by Cook/drawn by Fosgitt in the show

I get that the comics are all cancer, but did the writers of the show have to choose the worst cancer to put in the show? Couldn't they have at least put in good shit like Celestia existing or the Nightmarity arc?
>>
File: large.png (263KB, 1185x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
263KB, 1185x1024px
>>28619765
>or the Nightmarity arc?

Nightmare rarity would imply they would actually give any focus to any of the other 5 besides twilight. A nightmare form for anyone but Twilight will NEVER be canon or used as a plotpoint in the show.
>>
>>28619736
>It's probably a separate timeline or something.
That'd be nice, because they could start pulling out crazy shit without worrying about fucking up the show canon. That being said, I seriously doubt that.
>>
File: Serious_Titans_around_the_couch.png (3MB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Serious_Titans_around_the_couch.png
3MB, 1916x1076px
I love how everyone in GoH has an edgy, angry face.

It's like that time when the TTG got SERIOUS
>>
>>28619893
Gonna ignore Pinkie and Cheese, huh?
>>
>>28619855
The only way that could happen is if it does well as a toyline and they decide to make a series for it.
>>
File: Teen_titans.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Teen_titans.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>28619893
>Teen titans go

As a fan of the original TT, that image just pisses me off even more.
>>
>>28619765
>Nightmarity
>Good
Oh fuck anon, that thing went against FAUST canon so hard it was non-canon before it was published,
>>
>>28619972
I was struggling to find two good story ideas that the comics had and hit on the second thing I thought of.

In four years and hundreds of issues basically the only thing the comics have given us is some decent art and the occasional good Celestia. But their legacy is definitely more negative than positive.
>>
>>28619972
Exactly HOW did that go against Faust's canon? Faust herself said that something else was behind Luna turning evil in some of her ideas for the show universe.
>>
>>28619954
Aren't the GOH toylines supposedly selling well? I Know bronies are buying them up pretty well.
>>
>>28620014
They are, both the Fan Series and the main line. In about a week quarter three results come out so we should know about Hasbro's bottom line.
>>
>>28619995
She was awake and on the moon, rather than most likely alseep (or at least in stasis) and IN the moon, as a fucking image.

Or to quote S1E1 "And banished her in the moon".
>>
>>28620025
Isn't that show canon now anyways? why bitch about it?
>>
>>28620059
It is, but I didn't even use that because the anon could have gone that it was canon at the time. And the point was that Nightmarity was non-canon from the moment it started.
>>
>>28620083
There's no reason for Nightmare rarity to be viewed as non-canon at the current moment except for people who love to screech "COMICS AREN'T CANON" over and over.
>>
>>28619801
Hey now, they have to know that the other 5 sell well, and they gave them super powers in legend of everfree and a good amount of focus. They've got to realize that the fans like the group and focus on all of them and not just twilight.
>>
>>28619765
Couldn't stand the nightmarity arc. It took all the responsibility for Nightmare Moon's actions and put them on the "Nightmare" entity. In show canon Luna was pretty much just a bad pony, who did bad things with a poor excuse for those bad things, like fucking Emperor Palpatine. Also the whole lasso the moon thing was retarded.
>>
>>28619736
Going by the preview, it seams the comics are going to show what was going on in between Starlight leaving to Our Town and everyone getting captured
>>
>>28620340
Holy shit, that fits too. Well, until the part where she defeats everyone. Honestly I don't know if this was written with knowledge of the finale.
>>
Maybe this is set in an alt timeline where Starlight never exists/is never reformed so instead of easily solving the Changeling situation it becomes an all out war.
>>
>>28620404
It turns out that this is actually the prequel to the Cutie mark map's changeling timeline and shows how chrysalis took over
>>
I wish this were more than just a comic.
>>
>>28619736
Anyone remember this from last year?
http://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/24114071

Developing a bible implies it's something brand new. It takes a few years developing a new series before it official airs. We may yet get a GoH spin-off.
>>
>>28620875
>>28620507

didn't it's trademark just get approved for "animated" features too?
>>
>>28621083

I hope so
I want to see my sociopath waifu get actually deeper problems than the ones on FiM
>>
>>28620966
It did, but staff have denied everything and people I've spoken that have connections have no clue. And these are people who knew about EqG in like, late 2011.
>>
>>28621099
No. Get your dubs and your shitty waifu out of here.
>>
>>28619955
The episode itself was pretty good.
>>
>>28619736
This will be a prequel showing how the mane 6 got captured during the finale.
>>
>>28619736
I really wish they were connected. This is a nice spinoff.

>YFW Equestria Girls is more connected to FiM than this
>>
>>28622335
The comics aren't canon, anon.
>>
File: 1472795472342.png (416KB, 700x793px) Image search: [Google]
1472795472342.png
416KB, 700x793px
>>28619765
The Nightmarity arc was garbage, only because it was a fantastic concept ruined by rushed and crammed storytelling. It could have been so much better.

>>28620148
Hasbro knows Twilight isn't the center of everything funnily enough, because they want to sell more toys than just her. In fact, Pinkie and Rainbow are probably around morr than Twilight. It's these idiotic storytellers like Meghan McCarthy who think Twilight is the only thing that matters, and Josh Haber who thinks writing sociopathic Sue OCs is a good thing.
>>
>>28622335
Only the shitty comics are attached to the show it seems.
>>
>>28619801
>they would actually give any focus to any of the other 5 besides twilight
where the fuck have you been for all of season 6? twilight doesn't have a single episode in there. quit your whining.
>>
>>28623686
That's because Her "arc" is teaching starlight, so all of twilight's episodes are co-starring with Starlight.

Look at all of starlight's episodes: twilight is right alongside Starlight in all of those: No second prances-- twilight, A hearth's warming tale-- twilight, every little thing she does: twilight is there too. And twilight has Top bolt too alongside dash.
twilight has 4 Co-starring episodes, so she's not THAT shafted.
>>28622874
"it could have been better" describes most everything; even the best MLP episodes could still "have been better".
For what it was, it was a good plotline, and while she wasn't TRULY rarity, Nightmare rarity still had all of Rarity's Quirks, such as her vanity about her looks and hamminess.

They could easily do some retconning about the nightmare force to make nightmare rarity "More" rarity (like saying the Nightmare force is more a corruptive force that turns into a split personality, like how Midnight sparkle is a split personality for Twilight, but still "part" of twilight) and do a good second go with it.
>>
>>28622874
>Hasbro knows Twilight isn't the center of everything funnily enough, because they want to sell more toys than just her.

hasbro also knows that you can sell toys of characters without giving them focus, so they have no incentive to advertise anyone but twilight since she's the face of the series.
Look at how well derpy sells despite having zero focus.
>>
>>28624317
The only reason I said "It could have been better" is because I didn't feel like going into the details that could have made it fantastic that IDW fucked up on, for the hundredth time. But if you want me to, fine.

Nightmarity was horrible, because of little things that should have easily been altered to make a better story. As it stands, Nightmarity is an excellent example of everything wrong with IDW.

>Too cluttered, they needed to remove Spike he wasn't necessary in a plot line that went no where
>Why both show Rarity getting "corrupted" if you're just going to say "It's just possession"
>Rushed ending after hyping up a non-existent conflict
>Tension killed with unfunny jokes

There were a lot of little things that could have been tweaked to make a far better story, but IDW didn't do that. As it stands, it's just an example of how they typically handle arcs. Kind of how the same thing went down for the "Evil Mane 6" arc. If the show was to do something like Nightmarity, they could easily do a better job than what IDW did.

>>28624580
That's wrong because they advertise plenty of other characters, and there are many figures that Twilight doesn't get compared to others. Not every one of their commercials is about how you need to buy Twilight, their flagship toys are easily Pinkie and Rainbow.
>>
>>28624701
>their flagship toys are easily Pinkie and Rainbow.
LOLWUT? twilight's always got the Giant flagship toy for every toyline they churn out, twilight and pinkie are just there to shore up the line. They sell well, but Twilight is BY FAR more the flagship characters.

Look at how Twilight had a giant deluxe toy for Friendship games, how she had the entire princess toyline revolving around her in S3 (complete with a giant ass toy), and how she had TWO castle playsets for herself. (S3 castle and S4 castle playsets both came with twilight)
>>
>>28624317
Would work, and then eliminate the not at all canon Luna was Luna on the moon as Nightmare Moon bit. In fact has the comics stopped feeling like the fanon dumping grounds?
>>
>>28624917
>>28624580
Friendship games also sold like shit, and they went straight back to pushing the six characters equally right after that debacle. Twilight stopped getting deluxe toys for herself and the rainbow wing toys for Legend of everfree were dash, Sunset and twilight, not just her alone.
>>
>>28624917
Are you fucking kidding me? Hasbro LITERALLY has flags of Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie outside their offices. I don't think you can possibly get more flagship than that. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are also far more marketable and recognizable characters, like Bumblebee to Transformers. Even Funko loads out tuns of stuff for them. In Guardians of Harmony, Rainbow Dash gets the first comic book, the big preview that's given out to everyone for the line.

You can't just say "Lol S3" as if that's the entire line, that was one thing, like the time they gave Optimus Prime a jetpack in Transformers.

And as the other anon said, Friendship Games flopped hard, several dolls got cancelled, including more of hers. If you ever look at what Hasbro does, they never give Twilight special treatment, they treat the Mane 6 fairly equally, save for Applejack who gets the least merch.
>>
>>28624995
>they never give Twilight special treatment
Which is why the other 5 were cameos in most two parters while the twilight takes center stage, right?
>>28624995
>I don't think you can possibly get more flagship than that
Twilight's always at the center of their MLP advertising, that's how. Like look at all their GOH and movie advertising.
>>
>>28625143
They really don't anon, while they and Discovery will put that out there for the advertising dollars, in the long run Hasbro basically runs on the Slice of Life episodes between the oh so important to us fags for some reason two parters.
>>
>>28625143
>Which is why the other 5 were cameos in most two parters while the twilight takes center stage, right?
Do you not understand the difference between Hasbro the toy company, and what the writers are doing on the show? Hasbro doesn't give Twilight special treatment, the writers do.

>Like look at all their GOH and movie advertising.
I'm sorry, are you talking about the GOH line that has Rainbow Dash the focus of the first comic, and has more Spike figures in the line than anyone else? I'm sure you can't be.
>>
>>28624701
>Too cluttered, they needed to remove Spike he wasn't necessary in a plot line that went no where
Spike was the entire crux of the nightmare rarity plot though, the nightmare rarity plot was basically inverting secret of my excess with rarity turning into a monster and then spike's feeling for her turning her back to normal.
>>
>>28625331
>Rainbow Dash the focus of the first comic
and all the other comics will focus on one of the others, this isn't the climax here, this is the cold open.
>>
>>28624942
Twilight is the center of legend of everfree, I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
I wonder if starlight will get a toy before Applejack will?
>>
>>28619736
God. Do you people need everything spoon-fed to you?
>Chrysalis vows revenge on Starlight
>does something to fuck up the timeline
>Changeling future occurs
>Season 7 two-part premier is Guardians of Harmony
>Problem resolved at the end of episode 2
>>
>>28625480
>>does something to fuck up the timeline
That plot's already been done. They're not going to redo it. More likely the comic is the prequel to the finale.
>>
>>28625352
What comic did you read, Spike contributed nothing to the comic other than occasionally reminding us of his crush, acting like it would mean something only for it to be nothing in the end, along with the rushed resolution.
>>
>>28626021
An entire issue was devoted to him traversing the nightmare landscape, overcoming his temptation to join the darkside, free the M6, and give the final 'umph' needed during the cheesy "We need you Rarity!" climax that reverted Rarity back to her true self.

He was pretty important, my good chum.
>>
>>28626021
the climax focused on spike's "we need you" and his gemstone that she shattered magically reforming, indicating his importance to her as a friend.
>>
>>28625597
It doesn't fit with the finale though. It could work if it's a sequel to it though.
>>
File: large.png (522KB, 721x976px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
522KB, 721x976px
>>28626242
All the changelings just turned into gay shiny beetles, where the fuck did she get a new army from that fast?
>>
>>28626310
Shitting out a bunch of eggs really quickly/finding troops that are rebels.
>>
>>28626322
>finding troops that are rebels.
But we literally saw the ENTIRE race just turn into gay beetles. There are no rebels.
>>
>>28626349
We only saw the changelings in the throne room transform. We don't know what happened to the rest of them that were in the hive or the ones that were impersonating the M6 and the princesses or any other drones that may have been away at the time.
>>
Chrysalis just needs to rape another stallion, and bam, enough sperm for another million kids.
This will be the plot of the S7 finale, to rescue a colt before chrysalis can rape him for her master plan.
>>
>>28626518
This.
>>
Maybe next wave we can get one about Sombra from the crystal wars getting his army thing going on?
>>
>>28627518
Depends what the next line is, some hints that it may be Tirek.
>>
>>28627539
Spike would need to sell hella well to justify that IMO, since tirek would need a giant ass toy like him too.
And I honestly don't see spike selling well at 40 bucks; Rainbow dash, pinkie, chrysalis and twilight? Fuck yeah, little girls love those bitches, and they're super high quality. But spike? They're aiming that at the young boys, and there's alot less of them and the price is alot higher.
>>
>>28627703
I don't think the Tirek toy is sold alone, I think it comes with a playset.
>>
>>28627744
well that'll make it even harder to sell honestly; then your looking at a 60.00 pricetag or more, since it will be both a very large toy for tirek and a playset on par with the castles they sell.

Like I said, You can sell the mane six in battle armor easily, you can sell changelings easily since they're still relatively girly, but when you start selling the male characters, you'll run into more difficulty due to having less feminine appeal.

A nightmare moon themed villain set would be far easier to sell than a tirek one.
>>
>>28627815
Well I don't know. It's all rumors now.
>>
>>28627815
little girls like to play with action figures too, I can see the little girls wanting to "play" with the mane six against tirek, its a two halves thing.
>>
>>28619955
TTG is actually much better on a by-episode basis than the actual series concept should allow.
Yes the writers are retarded asshats but they manage to Karl Pilkington their shit fairly often
>>
>>28619801
>care about anyone beside Twilight
M8, they focused entire finale on sidekicks and Twilight didn't even said anything entire episode
>>
>>28619736
Spike!? SPIKE?!???! SPIIIKKEEE!!
BRING ME BACK MY PURE SPIKE!!!!
>>
>>28627518
I can only wish
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.