[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like S5 so much more than S6? It feels like it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

File: sa.png (239KB, 461x508px) Image search: [Google]
sa.png
239KB, 461x508px
Why do people like S5 so much more than S6? It feels like it should be the opposite.
>>
I want to put my dick in Shining Armor's butt.
>>
>>28614250
Because S6 a shit and S5 was the best season.
>>
>>28614258
/thread
>>
>>28614258
But S5 had two Dusedau episodes.
>>
>>28614258
>S2 was the best season.
FTFY
>>
>>28614266
So? Overall it was better than the other seasons regardless of writer. It had its duds (Tanks for the Memories, Slice of Life) and its mistakes (Reforming Glimmer) but the rest of the episodes was MLP at its peak.
>>
>>28614288
I think people are confusing Amending Fences and Crusaders of the Lost Mark for the whole season.
>>
>>28614287
Muh nigga.
>>
Most people I've talked to have enjoyed s6 a lot more.
>>
>>28614250
S5 had a couple of good episodes
S6 has no good episodes
>>
>>28614250
Because people have opinions.
>>
>>28614332
>S6 has no good episodes
>What's Newbie Dash
>>
>>28614374
>What's Newbie Dash
A terrible episode. Even without the Dashabuse, it's literally a rehash of MMDW.
>>
>>28614250
by this time most people forgot everything bad about S5 while S6 is still fresh in their memories. In a year, S7 will be total shit and S6 will be a masterpiece.
>>
>>28614250
Well, you felt wrong
>>
>>28614250
pandering angst episodes like Amending Fences
>>
File: 1470282373551.gif (315KB, 234x159px) Image search: [Google]
1470282373551.gif
315KB, 234x159px
>>28614492
>Saying Amending Fences is pandering because people liked s5 more than s6
>>
>>28614250
Season 4 was better than both.
>>
File: there be.gif (2MB, 176x172px) Image search: [Google]
there be.gif
2MB, 176x172px
>>28615526
>>
File: mark.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mark.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>28614250
for me, season 5 is enjoyable because
>no shipping
>favorite character was treated like a main character and was given consistent quality attention (season 5 was to her as season 6 is to Spike, except almost nobody noticed or cared because filly)
>it ended at a satisfactory, comfortable point of closure for everyone, while this season lazily opens plot points and "development" that probably won't ever be touched on again, giving the opposite of closure

Season 6 has good episodes, but I'm not trying to rate the season professionally or objectively. I personally enjoyed S5 more because of the characters I like and the mood and level of comfort I prefer.
>>
File: start.gif (34KB, 350x205px) Image search: [Google]
start.gif
34KB, 350x205px
>>28616547
This, though I don't even like Applebloom and I find that episode very weak.
But it's ok because my favorite character also got a nice amount of attention and some closure.
>>
>>28614287
it literally wasn't, but keep having shit meme "le may oldfag 2011" tastes. Faust is an old hag now.
>>
>>28614250
S5 had all the laughs of S6 plus feels.
>>
I feel like 4 and 5 were more intnet on trying to appeal to the grown ups and boys. Lots of hyped up adventures and shenanigans, lots of blunt force continuity nods, and off the charts genre shifts and fan pandering.

Season 6 has been a lot more like the show at it's roots. Most of the episodes are set in familiar locations and deal with down to earth problems.

Hard to generalize since every season is such a mixed bag. But that's kind of the point. It has different appeal to different people.
>>
>>28614288
>Slice of Life was a dud
>Reforming Glimmer was a mistake
Opinion discarded
>>
>>28614258
>>28614287
>S4 was the best season
FTFY my DiscoveryFam
>>
File: opinions.jpg (203KB, 381x424px) Image search: [Google]
opinions.jpg
203KB, 381x424px
>>28617334
>I have shitty opinions
You have shitty opinion
>>
>>28617290
>Most of the episodes are set in familiar locations
Kek. Wasn't the theme this season "Explore Equestria"?
>>
S1 = S2 > S5 >S4 > S6 >> S3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dog shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any eqg movie
>>
>>28614492

/thread
Its outrageous the number of faggots who switched waifus from twilight to moondancer
>>
>>28617425
not bad anon, but
>S4>S6
nope sorry desufam, that shit there doesn't fly
>>
>>28617290

Maybe thats the reason of why the people who like s6 dont like s5
And the opposite
I like s6 and dont s5
>>
File: shiggyluigi.png (8KB, 233x249px) Image search: [Google]
shiggyluigi.png
8KB, 233x249px
>>28617290
>Season 6 has been a lot more like the show at it's roots, because we know how well read the current writers were in the lore and backstory of characters and how much they cared about the end results
>Most of the episodes are set in familiar locations that we never really saw before
> deal with down to earth problems, """""like in season 1""""""
>le pandering meme
>>
>>28617416
That was the theme of the toyline and anons falsely assumed that meant the season would be taking place primarily outside of Ponyville.
>>
>>28617494
>because we know how well read the current writers were in the lore and backstory of characters
This season had a ton of callbacks to previous seasons. You can call the new writers shit all you want since its your opinion, but to say they never watched the show is factually false.
>>
>>28617885
>callbacks to previous seasons
You mean the shitty S3 eps written by Haber himself or the ones that talk about seasons openers/finales which you don't really need to watch to know what happened due to the sheer amount of marketing?
>>
>>28618395

Haber joined on S4.
>>
>>28618477
Ok, little slip. You can easily replace S3 with S4 in my previous post and still holds true (I simply forgot daring don't was a S4 episode, not a S3 one, and that was the one I was using as time-reference). There's also no real call-backs as much as there are vague references.
>>
Furthermore, Haber himself has admitted to not care about the show in general and being improperly read on the lore
>>
>>28618660
If you actually thought he was being serious with those tweets, you may—and I'm being completely serious—see a doctor so your autism can be diagnosed.
>>
File: adhom.jpg (60KB, 651x439px) Image search: [Google]
adhom.jpg
60KB, 651x439px
>>28618834
Running out of arguments so quickly?
Ignoring the world you see beneath your own feet?
>>
>>28618886
>provides no evidence
>expects others to take him seriously
It's okay to call a fag a fag when they are in fact a fag, Fag.
>>
>>28618395
>Gift of Maud
Rarity continues her business expansion that she began in Canterlot.
>Newbie Dash
Concludes RD journey into joining the Wonderbolts.
>Applejack's Day Off
Can't think of any here.
>Flutter Brutter
Can't recall any here either.
>28 Pranks Later
Portrays both Pinkie and Dash loving pranks like they did back in S1.
>Time are Changeling
Continues the changeling plotline.
>Buckball Season
Don't remember any callbacks here unless we count bringing back old characters like Snips and Braeburn.
>Viva Las Pegasus
AJ's contempt for Flim & Flam for their past deeds is front and center.
>PPOV
Can't really think of any here.
>Where the Apple Lies
This episode was chalk full of callbacks from previous seasons.

That's all the episodes by new writers from this season, not counting Vogel, because while this is his 1st season writing, he has been apart of the staff from the beginning.
>>
>>28614288
>at its peak
no. the entire season 5 was mediocre at best.
>>
>>28618944
>Rarity continues her business expansion that she began in Canterlot.
Season 5
>Concludes RD journey into joining the Wonderbolts
Seasons 3, 4 and 5
>Portrays both Pinkie and Dash loving pranks like they did back in S1.
Because you need to actually watch the episode to learn that, because you cannot simply infer it from their character descriptions
>Continues the changeling plotline.
Season finale
>AJ's contempt for Flim & Flam for their past deeds is front and center.
Season 5
>Where the apple lies
Haven't watched that one yet so I have no idea what are you talking about
>>28618909
read>>28616556
>>
>>28619021
I'm not sure what any of those counterpoints are suppose to mean. These were all from previous seasons that the writers had to know about.
And Rarity's been pursuing opening shops in other towns since S1 and Flim & Flam's last interaction with AJ was S4.

Also that's Jim Miller, not Josh Haber. Miller is mad because people are accusing him of not putting effort into the show. A mistake on his part. Josh does the smart thing when trolls are harassing him and either doesn't reply or inserts some self-deprecating humor that he's been doing since S4.
>>
>>28619017
As a whole, every season has been mediocre

>>28619093
>I'm not sure what any of those counterpoints are suppose to mean
read the conversation again.
Something tells me you haven't been putting much attention on the show either.
>when trolls are harassing him and either doesn't reply or inserts some self-deprecating humor
Yeah, that would make sense if not for the episode that contradict all the official lore and how he's also been treating in much the same way other writers like Larson and Rogers.
>>
And the people making actual, constructive criticism. Or do you think all criticism=trolling?
>>
>>28619116
I started the convo buy pointing out the writers do in fact watch the show or, at the very least, have seen the episodes relevant to the ones they were writing. Saying it's from S5 or S3 doesn't nullify or disprove anything..

What episode are you talking about? The Crystalling? That didn't contradict anything from the show and it's ambiguous wording still leaves the canonicity of the Journal of the Two Sisters intact.
Not sure what you mean by Larson and Rogers. Can you try rewording that?

>>28619133
Trolls like Molly or Murrison. They think they're providing constructive criticism but they're just saying "it's shit" and insulting those who work on the show.
>>
>>28619162
>I started the convo buy pointing out the writers do in fact watch the show or, at the very least, have seen the episodes relevant to the ones they were writing. Saying it's from S5 or S3 doesn't nullify or disprove anything..
Read again, I stated that the writers don't care for the lore and haven't read enough to actually be writing for the show, which they haven't, you said that they have been in fact referencing previous episodes THIS season, I retorted that all references have been to episodes from seasons in which the writers were ALREADY involved.
>it's ambiguous wording still leaves the canonicity of the Journal of the Two Sisters intact.
Oh, hai Jim. nice meme. I also meant to say episodes, like when the cmc got their cutiemarks or that one about the unlucky stallion, which contradicts in-show cutiemark lore.
>Trolls like Molly or Murrison
Those aren't the only people criticizing Haber, as I say, he has also mocked Larson for bringing very valid points about what being a writer for a show implies.
>>
>>28619199
>you said that they have been in fact referencing previous episodes THIS season, I retorted that all references have been to episodes from seasons in which the writers were ALREADY involved.
All the episodes I listed were written by writers who joined this season. Who can't read now?

CMC cutie marks doesn't contradict anything about cutie mark lore. Unless you're talking about their special talents not being what was hinted at in Showstoppers but that was never set in stone so no canon was harmed there either. Don't know what you mean by "unlucky stallion", you'll have to specify.

He has never once mocked Larson. Show me a tweet.
>>
>>28619266
>All the episodes I listed were written by writers who joined this season. Who can't read now?
Haber is the head writer, he gives input on everything else the others do, Haber is also the one I am mostly criticizing.
>CMC cutie marks doesn't contradict anything about cutie mark lore.
DYEWTS?
>Show me a tweet.
>>28618849
Larson once mentioned that (although I don't remember in which platform) that if you write for a show you must watch a minimum of previous episodes and the core lore, Haber's response to that wasn't much different than this one. Read the thread I linked you to.
>>
>>28619365
>Haber is also the one I am mostly criticizing.
Okay but that's a completely different argument. Everyone (>>28617494) around here endlessly says the writers (plural) don't watch the show

Yes I watch the show. That's not a counter argument. Tell me what specifically contradicts the lore regarding the CMC.

He isn't mocking Larson. That's an instance of self-deprecating humor I was referring to earlier. No one seriously admits something like that on a public account where their bosses can see. He's comfortable with posting it because he knows his coworkers know he's joking. Don't read too much into his tweets. Since S4 they've always been tongue-in-cheek.

As I said at the very beginning, you're allowed to hate something or no longer like something you once did. But you don't have to make stuff up to justify it.
>>
>>28614250
Picking the lesser of 2 evils.
>>
>>28614266
And s06 was directed by Jim Miller and Josh Haber.
>>28614325
Stop talking to hasdrones maybe?
>>
>>28619531
If they were hasdrones, wouldn't they say S5 and S6 are equally good?
>>
>>28618834
Shroedinger's Douchebag: when a guy decides if he was being an asshole or "just kidding" depending on the reactions he got.
>>
>>28619548
> S06
> Good
> Not hasdrones

Okay.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.