[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This show is depressing me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13

File: Sad RD.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Sad RD.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>Writers clearly don't give a shit about the show any more and rewrite characters as they see fit/omit major plot points frequently
>Quality fandom content has dwindled to 1/10 of it's peak output
>Large majority of fans have put on blinders to quality issues and having a meaningful discussion of the show is virtually impossible now
>Movie is the one last hope at this point for something decent out of this series

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think it would have been best if the series ended with season 5.
Do you think the movie is actually going to be better than recent episodes, or will that be riddled with quality issues as well?
>>
You better hang tight because MLP as a franchise is a financial success. Hasbro is gonna keep pumping money until its dry.
>>
>The show is depressing me
I know that feel. I can't find the show enjoyable anymore. When I watch literally any S1-S5 it makes me happy, but I find most the new episodes completely depressing. There's nothing cute, nothing light-hearted, nothing heartwarming. It's just depressing as fuck.

I really wish the movie will be better than this, but I'm pretty much hopeless.
>>
>>28613936
We should make a nostalgia thread for everybody that doesn't like how things went after x season.
>>
File: large (4).png (11KB, 743x652px) Image search: [Google]
large (4).png
11KB, 743x652px
Oh my god, you astounding cocksuckers are actually going to try to make your faggot nostalgia general, aren't you.
>>
File: Flutterstrated.jpg (35KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
Flutterstrated.jpg
35KB, 600x484px
>>28613992
>NOOOOOOOO HOW DARE YOU RESIST THE BULLSHIT HASBRO MAKES
>YOU HAVE TO LET THEM FORCE EVERYTHING DOWN YOUR THROAT
>>
>>28613936
Personally I'd say season four.
>>
>>28614011
>REEE GIVE ME A SAFE SPACE FOR MUH STALGIA
>QUIT LIKING THE CURRENT SHOW
>>
>>28614011
DUMB FLUTTERPOSTER
>>
File: 1474820766445.jpg (14KB, 480x319px) Image search: [Google]
1474820766445.jpg
14KB, 480x319px
>>28614029
>A single general where people actually argue about what could have been equals to kicking out the rest of the fags of the board that enable the hasbro bullshit
>>
File: _1_52.png (183KB, 1029x1024px) Image search: [Google]
_1_52.png
183KB, 1029x1024px
Here comes all the Hiatus Blues threads.
>>
>>28613936
Tell me about it, OP. I'm desperately trying not to slip into full fan-of-the-fandom mode, but it's hard when fan writers seem to be giving more of a shit about continuity of character, setting, logical worldbuilding and a bunch of other shit I care about than the show writers themselves. It's frustrating, because I don't want to let go... but, fuck. More often I'm left with a headache by the show than anything else.
>>
>>28614043
Whatever, have fun in mlpg II: circlejerk free or die harder
>>
File: 1469562164805.png (246KB, 619x596px) Image search: [Google]
1469562164805.png
246KB, 619x596px
>>28614045
Unicorn Twi forever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV_0n5gp1fE
>>
>>28613936
I liked season 6 though. But ya. Feels and shit for days gone by
>>
>>28613936
Jim Miller is now backpedaling about Applejack's dead parents status and claims they were "on vacation somewhere else"
>>
>>28614187
Kek.
Why do the staff even bother commenting on the show anymore?
We all know that they have no idea what they want to happen in this show.
At least Lauren was determined to have a fucking plan for everything.
>>
I think the show is just fine.
>>
>>28614221
Jim is only commenting because he can fish for compliments and asspats.
Whenever he receives a negative comment he goes full condescending mode to shoo the "hater" away.
>>
File: this is how you bait hasdrones.jpg (202KB, 628x817px) Image search: [Google]
this is how you bait hasdrones.jpg
202KB, 628x817px
>>28614221
>Why do the staff even bother commenting on the show anymore?
>>
You know, guise, this sounds gay as fuck, but I'm glad to see other people feeling the same as I do. I mean, I'm not a sadist, seeing unhappy people doesn't make me happy, but it feels good to know that I'm not alone, that there are other people who stopped liking the show after X season, it doesn't matter which one, but are still here because they love the ponies as I do.

And, to the people who still like the show, I'm happy for you. But, believe me, if the show is important for you (and I'm pretty sure that it is, because it seems that none of you can accept the tiniest criticism), maybe one day you'll stop liking it, and maybe you'll be happy to have other people here to share that feeling. Because it hurts much more than you can imagine.
>>
>>28614187
What the actual fuck. Pics/links?
>>
File: even spike thinks youre a fag.gif (495KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
even spike thinks youre a fag.gif
495KB, 640x360px
>>28614500
Shut the fuck up, your babby nostalgia general daycare thread is already up.
>>
Pencils hit the nail on the head

The drug is getting less pure, and the dealer is getting stingier, but I'm still hopelessly addicted to ponies and there's nothing I can do about it. (and there's nothing I want to do about it either)
>>
>>28614527
One day you'll remember what I said. It'll haunt you. You know that the writers don't give a fuck about the show, it's only a happy accident that you still like it, but as soon as they replace all the writers with a new bunch of retards who haven't watched the old episodes either, the show may become shit for you. And you'll remember this. Oh, boy, you'll remember this. And you'll regret everything you've ever done.
[gypsy noises intensifies]
>>
>>28614559
Maybe it's just me, but I just get my hits from other providers now.

Sure, the content technically isn't "pure". But god damn, the hits are a better high than anything coming from the original source now.
>>
File: hurr.png (92KB, 360x311px) Image search: [Google]
hurr.png
92KB, 360x311px
I refuse to take the opinions of /mlp/ regarding the show seriously when they love and propagate the existence of EqG. I couldn't even make it through LoE to laugh at it, and yearly laughing at how bad EqG is is one of my traditions.

Fuck them for making more and fuck anyone who likes that corporate trash but has the audacity to say the show is "dead."
>>
>>28613936
Season 6 still had some pretty good episodes (especially that finale). And I enjoyed LoE. I'll still be on this ride for awhile.
>>
>>28614591
This, I want everyone who spouts 'Eqg is better than the show at this point' to get a name so I can filter them.
>>
>>28614591
>>28614629
Do you really think that the people who say that the show is shit are the same people who praise EqG? I'm too lazy to look for another thread, so this will have to do: you're wrong.
http://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/28497626/
>>
>>28614649
It's just I see all these people praising EqG and after attempting to watch the fourth and having sat through the other three I just don't "get it." I feel like I'm the only one who is pointing out how stupid all of it is.

I don't think EqG gets as much criticism as the show or comics do and that's very strange. It's like people are fiercely protective and afraid to say anything negative. EqG turns the board into Ponychan in that sense.
>>
>>28614673
>I don't think EqG gets as much criticism as the show
That's true, but it's because people who don't like EqG don't watch it. What could you say about LoE if you haven't watched it? However, people who don't like the show is supposed to watch it anyway, they feel obliged to watch it, they hate it even more and they criticize the fuck out of it. But that doesn't mean that EqG is better than then show.
>>
>>28614716
So it gets no criticism simply because the only people who watch EqG are the ones who are inherently biased to it?

>What could you say about LoE if you haven't watched it?

Like the previous three movies, taking the ponies and putting them in high school/a fully modern world is a really, really dumb idea. But that's a more general criticism with the franchise as a whole.
>>
>>28614733
>So it gets no criticism simply because the only people who watch EqG are the ones who are inherently biased to it?
Pretty much this, yes.
>>
>>28614787
Almost makes me want to sit through LoE and attempt to write a review of it from the perspective of a total outsider. I remember reading a few total non-fandom reviews of EqG and they generally didn't go above "it's mediocre." Certainly didn't imply that it was better than the source material.
>>
>>28613965
The pony sector fell last quarter. And if they keep up the starlight train, I wouldn't expect it to pick back up, like how the EQG line experienced a sharp fall around FG before they fixed things.

>>28614805
LOE isn't "Great", but its better than FG and EQG 1 at least.
Way too damn much romance in it and Rarity is horribly written, but the other 5 have been written much better than in the other movies, and the super powers were cool.

Not a great movie, but decent to watch, about a 7/10.
>>
>>28614869
The slight decline was because they were bringing out new toys in the Fall, not because of loss of sales.

I'm really fucking sick of Rarity and Filthy Rich being written OoC in this stuff. The Lady Writers wrote Rarity in Gauntlet of Fire and she was a bit flanderized even there.
>>
>>28614415
What an attention whore.
>>
>>28613936
There's only one 2 or 3 episodes that have caught my attention this season.
I feel like there's way too much focus on starlight glimmer, who is really just a twilight clone at this point.
>>
Coming from someone who doesn't particularly like EqG, what I can say in praise of it is that conflicts resolved in one film are not immediately forgotten in the next. Even when antagonists receive a rainbow beam to the face, everything is not automatically perfect and best buddies with everyone they were just hurting. They carry scars from their past misdeeds, and others treat them accordingly.

Because each of the films are also one continuous plot and not a broken-up series of 24-minute episodes, we also don't get any curveballs out of fucking nowhere like the nu-Lings and king Thorax.

In all other respects, however, I do agree: EqG is not that great, and even with those points in their favor they top out at mediocre at best. Hell, I feel like a lot of my praise is more a result of benefits inherent to the format (single-writer, single-director, extended running time compared to season premieres and finales) and less to do with the content itself.
>>
>>28614936
Only EqG and RR had the same writer and my general opinion is that Ishi isn't as good of a director as people think he is because all of these movies differ in tone and competency.

I don't think Nu-Lings were that without precedent in S6. It's not like we met Thorax in the finale.
>>
>>28614869
I'm mostly sad because we had LOE come out 2 weeks ago and now the finale of season 6, which honestly was barely better than LOE.
It's sad when even pony struggles to keep up with EQG.
>>
>>28614932
You mean a BAD clone of twilight at this point.
>>
>>28614963
Again, I try to step outside the fandom completely when evaluating an episode/movie. In that state of mind LoE was basically unwatchable, whereas most episodes of S6 were tolerable.
>>
>>28614976
Sure S6 overall was still better than EQG, but now I see a lot of the same things happening in pony that happen in EQG: To hell with all reason, let's just make a plot where things happen because who knows why.
FG was the worst offender. LOE had actual motivation behind it that made sense, even if the climax was underwhelming. S6 finale didn't make any sense and was only tolerable because of some decent character interaction.

I can feel the apathy in the show staff. None of this feels like a group of people trying to make the best cartoon they can.
>>
>>28615031
I feel like effort is there in the art design and direction, but not the writing.
>>
>>28615066
Yes, animation overall between both series is absolutely the best it's ever been. I have no complaints there.
It's the writing (and to a lesser extent, the songs) that have taken a quality hit lately.
>>
>>28615066
That must be why the Changelings are over-designed crap you'd expect from an 8 year old girl on Deviant Art.

This is a fandom of grown men obsessed with a cartoon geared towards 8 year old girls. Being a part of it is something to be ashamed of. I'm fucking jaded, man. I mean, I'M DEPRESSED.
>>
>>28615189
I get what they were trying to do, and the ones that aren't lime green almost look okay.
>>
File: 16f1c18.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
16f1c18.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>>28613936
It's okay, anon, suffering is coming to an end. Soon /mlp/ GONNA GET PURGED by based Hiro-god
>>
File: !NONA IH.jpg (264KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
!NONA IH.jpg
264KB, 560x560px
>>28615213
Haha, you speaky bad ingles just like the cat eating chink himself
>>
File: kR0ikYr.png (46KB, 188x250px) Image search: [Google]
kR0ikYr.png
46KB, 188x250px
>>28615261
Stop deluding yourself! /mlp/ time has passed
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.