[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worf Effect and MLP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Celestia_defeated_S02E26.png (790KB, 1281x711px) Image search: [Google]
Celestia_defeated_S02E26.png
790KB, 1281x711px
Remember when everyone thought Princess Celestia was underpowered when she was defeated by Chrysalis after getting a power boost from Cadence and Shining Armor's love?

Well guess what! Chrysalis can beat Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Shining Armor, and the Mane 6 by sending changeling drones. Fucking changeling drones! Really?!? Good job not only nullifying season 2 but further downgrading the power wielded by alicorns.

And to top off the fail of the season 6 finale-why was there a day-night cycle when Celestia and Luna was captured? Did the changeling drones do that one too? Do they get the powers of the being they transform to? They could all turn into Discord and rule Equestria if that was the case. I know Lauren Faust isn't perfect but she wouldn't have made this colossal fuck up. God I miss her more than ever.
>>
>>28613907
I loved the finale, but I have to agree this was a huge mistake.

The other one: those godawful new designs.
>>
>>28613907
Oops! I meant to say nullifying *the* season 2 *finale*
>>
>>28613907
I want to be able to travel into parallel timelines until I find one where the show either ended in s3 and everybody moved on or one where people doesn't let hasbro get away with the stupid shit they have been forcing since the wings+
>>
>>28613907
It was presumably a sneak attack.

>princess is asleep
>changelings sneak in
>princess is now in a cocoon
oh wow wtf princess thought you were op
>>
Nothing new here. Jim Miller's only work is whining on Twitter when he reads a negative comment. All his followers praise him, he's happy again and that's it. Don't expect anything from the current show runners because they don't give a fuck about the show, as long as they get their paychecks, that's enough for them.
>>
>>28613907
They allowed themselves to captured. The whole thing was an inside job.
>>
>>28614217
But what would they have to gain other than complete control of the changeling- oh shit
>>
>>28613907
Back when Applejack's "Day" Off ran, I bitched about the entire thing about watering Sweet Apple Acres being retarded because the show established that Pegasi can make it rain whenever they damn well please. I complained that the writers not caring about the logic and setting of the show was a serious detriment. I got a fuckton of responses along the lines of "stop nitpicking".

Well, this is the end result of not fucking caring about the show's logic and setting: The writers didn't even give a fuck that the ponies move the sun and moon, and just ignored it for the sake of "story". And I'm absolutely going to say "I told you so", because this is just become retarded levels of "for the story!" idiocy.

It's even more bizarre when you factor in the fuckawful job of "hiding" the changelings in Ponyville were doing. Am I supposed to believe that nobody else noticed something was wrong? Not a single friend, coworker, servant, guard of any of 4 princesses, a prince, and 5 decently well-liked ponies?
>>
>>28613920
>Not picking the timeline where Faust never left and S06 was not only awesome, but also we were commenting on FiM's fourth awesome movie as well.
>>
>>28614373
Exactly.
>>
>>28613907
brains vs strenght, they probably took them one by one without them noticing
>>
>>28614217
>>28614373
>>28615506
so, another "S2 ending" job
>>
File: Worf.jpg (95KB, 578x250px) Image search: [Google]
Worf.jpg
95KB, 578x250px
>>28613907
"These changelings have no friendship. I do not trust them."
>>
>>28613907
As much as I don't like how they glossed over the captures AGAIN, the changelings' MO is infiltration and covert ops, which has little to do with strength (if anything). And, Canterlot security is garbage. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Shining.

Now, if I had taken gender studies, I might say something about "women in refrigerators", but I didn't and I won't. Go read about ninjas instead.
>>
File: eqg twilight thinker usd.png (342KB, 916x800px) Image search: [Google]
eqg twilight thinker usd.png
342KB, 916x800px
>>28613907
So I have a question, sort of related to this. In the dream world in the finale, it looks like Luna is having trouble connecting to Starlight's dream. How do the changelings have powers over dreams? And when Luna is pulled from the dream, it looks as if changelings are pulling her back. Do changelings have powers over dreams? If Luna could just normally go to Glimglam's dream without and problems then the episode would basically be the same.
>>
File: medium-1.jpg (200KB, 800x554px) Image search: [Google]
medium-1.jpg
200KB, 800x554px
>>28613907
Don't worry OP. Faust might be gone but not forgotten.
>>
>>28616360
My take on that is Luna is about to be abducted, she heard her sister being captured and knew she couldn't win (they got fucking Celestia, deathraying them won't work), so she sent out a message before being pulled away from wherever she is. Surely she has to leave her physical form somewhere if you're going into dreams. Why would she need to live in a castle if she's never physically in the same fucking world?
>>
>>28613907
You can explain the day-night cycle if you write a reasoning for it.
>>
>>28613907
>nerfing the power of the alicorns
Dear lord this shit again. They were not all powerful gods, even from the very beginning.

You also realize the sun and moon thing is pretty much answered by the odd fact that unicorns can and did raise both, and the fact that it was still daylight in the first appearance of the bugs.

>>28614529
>implying that would have happened
Anon, I got some news for you, Faust wasn't all that great.

>>28616437
Unicorns HWE and JotTS give us hints that any magical being is capable of fucking doing the sun and moon thing, A Canterlot Wedding points towards it literally just being raising and setting.

And hoo boy, The first episode, HWE, RoH, ACW, and Crystal Empire all show that Alicorns aren't as godlike as fanon had you believe.
>>
>>28616360
>expecting anything in this show to make sense anymore
Well there's your problem.

I thought exactly what you though too. It seemed odd that the changelings could grab Luna from the dream world.

Lucky for us we don't have to think too deeply about it since it's obvious that there's no real consistency in the show.
The correct answer is: It is whatever you want because it happened off-screen.
>>
>>28613907
>why was there a day-night cycle when Celestia and Luna was captured?
The changeling kingdom could have been on the other side of the planet, explaining why there was darkness in Equestria and daylight there after Discord instantaneously transported them.

As for how the mooks could beat them, alicorns are not invulnerable nor are they on guard 24/7. The mooks could have spiked their drinks, snuck up behind them and bonked them on the head, or carried a small chunk of the changeling throne with them which would have nullified all magic in the immediate vicinity.
>>
>>28613907
Being a Sunfag is suffering
>>
>>28616488
>Anon, I got some news for you, Faust wasn't all that great.
She WAS great. She IS NOT now.
If she somehow could stay at her peak, then...
>S06 was not only awesome, but also we were commenting on FiM's fourth awesome movie as well
>>
>>28618667
She wasn't even then, the first episode written (the Ticketmaster)even though it was originally supposed to be an 11 minute episode, followed a plot so cliché that by the time she was graduating high school even the ways of fucking around with it were cliché. If we want to talk about who was at least very good Rob Renzetti and the writers, and even then, both he and Lauren signed off on at least one real stinker (Mysterious Mare-do-well). And let's not forget applebumping, an idea that was shot down, and thank fucking God for that. Say anon, what's your opinion of Hearth's Warming Eve?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.