[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kind of hilarious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 17

Starlight has accomplished vastly more than any of the other 5 besides twilight have in life.

Starlight fucking redeemed an ENTIRE RACE and saved all of equestria without any bullshit magical artifacts.
The other 5 are just a cheer squad for twilight who've cheered her on while she's saved the day most of the time. Not to mention the only one not fucktarded enough to get caught by the changelings.
FUCK, the princesses still got taken out by those oversized cockroaches, I mean, fuck, that's sad.
Hell, if it wasn't for that OP "no magic" bullshit,s he could have solo'd the entire changelings herself anyways with her powers; she's basically stronger than an alicorn with her level of magic.

Starlight is the new, true best character on the show.
>>
File: starlight_a_cute.gif (50KB, 511x480px) Image search: [Google]
starlight_a_cute.gif
50KB, 511x480px
>>28609883
>Starlight is the new, true best character on the show.
No disagreements here
>>
Glimmerfags should be gassed
>>
>>28609883
>mfw trashing glimmer threads
haha, fuck you, OP
>>
>>28609934
that does nothing to deny the fact that she's done a fuckton more than the other 5 of the mane six.
I mean, seriously, after Season 1 and 2, what the fuck have those 5 done? nothing.
>>
>>28609883
ahem, what is "reforming the god of chaos"
>>
>>28610003
>Reforming
More like fucked him into submission
>>
>>28610003
You mean the same guy who then sold them out without a second thought in the finale? Yeah, real reformed there.
Twilight got shit done and reformed him, Fluttershy did Jack fucking shit.
>>
>>28610003
She just talked him out, and it didn't go that well.
He betrayed them afterwards.
>>
Thorax did most of the work though. In fact if you shift the focus of the finale from Starlight to Thorax, you'd get a much more compelling story than "Starlight is afraid to lead because she thinks she's bad at it but really she's good at it"
>>
>>28610180
Except the point was STILL on Starlight; Throwing in a "Coulda, woulda" about how to change an episode doesn't make it different, it still happened like it happened.

And it was STARLIGHT giving the giant speech that resulted in chrysalis's defeat, did the Friendship speech to Chrysalis about what makes a good leader (Hint hint), and even had chrysalis declaring Starlight her mortal enemy, NOT thorax.

NO other character in MLP, not even twilight, has had a villain swear to be their mortal enemy that will get their revenge before, pretty clearly showing that it was STARLIGHT that defeated chrysalis, not the others.
>>
>>28610180
>Starswirl did most of the work on the time travel spell
>Glimmer receives credit for it
>Thorax did most of the work for reforming the changelings
>Glimmer again receives credit

Starlight is a FRAUD who can only wave her little horn around
>>
>>28610255
Given how starswirl's spell worked for fucking FIVE SECONDS while starlight's not only allowed for permanent time travel but ALSO had a million if/then contingency lines in place to fuck over twilight in place, starlight fucking deserves the gold here.

that's like comparing a a lightbulb to a nuclear reactor.
>>
>>28610277
not really, what really made the spell powerful was the map, starlight even admits herself she didn't have to do much at all
>>
>>28609883
I don't know Fluttershy has befriended Discord, a being that makes reality his bitch. that's pretty impressive, especially since Discord likes her enough that he was willing to work with Pony's he doesn't know and even lose his own magic in hopes to save her

Though Starlight is pretty cool and this season finale was pretty decent, not great but enjoyable enough and it wraps up Starlight's arc nicely
>>
>>28610023
sold them out when?
He was captured and replaced by a changeling when they used his weakness against him.
>>
>>28610354
>and it wraps up Starlight's arc nicely
>thinking this is the end of starlight's journey

oh you poor, deluded fool
>>
>>28610392
I know it isn't the end of her journey, but it wraps up the arc about her insecurity due to the events of what happened in Our Town

She will just be given a new arc that builds off how this one ended is all. I'm just hoping Trixie becomes more of a recurring character, now that she has helped save the day and because I like her
>>
>>28609970
Saved Equestria multiple times and reformed discord?
>>
Anyone who thinks that Shitlight will ever be an alicorn or a member of the main cast is delusional
She's gone forever to Our Town now
>>
>>28610370
Sold them out in the S4 finale.
>>28610354
her friendship with discord was shit, he wasn't reformed truly by anyone BUT twilight.

Fluttershy accomplished jack shit in the long run, it was only twilight that truly changed him.
>>
>>28610439
If only. I don't think Haber is dropping his pink OC anytime soon
>>
I always laugh when I remember glimmerfags exist, the little shiteaters
>>
>>28610430
Once more, it was twilight who actually reformed discord; and 9/10 its twilight saving the day in those situations with the others acting as a cheer squad. Why the hell do you think they've just been cameos for the past 3 two parters?
>>
>>28610439
>Gone forever to our town
Literally citation needed, anonsky
No your wishful thinking and headcanons don't count
>>
>>28610490
They really need to drop the useless 5.
They know for sure that they will lose half of the views, that's why they keep them in a literal vegetable state just to pretend they count and maintain their views.
>>
>>28610447
>Sold them out in the S4 finale.
oh that betrayal, I was under the impression that he had learned his lesson from that and was working to be better.

>her friendship with discord was shit, he wasn't reformed truly by anyone BUT twilight.

>Fluttershy accomplished jack shit in the long run, it was only twilight that truly changed him.

He clearly still cares for Fluttershy though, she was the one that showed him what friendship was. I will agree that Twilight reminded him of what it was after his betrayal but this finale shows that he is willing to even lose his magic to save Fluttershy and even be captured for her
>>
>>28610469
starlight glimmer is actually incredibly well liked by the brony fandom as a whole, its actually quite sad to see the glimmer haters throwing tantrums as they try and convince themselves that they AREN'T the minority.
The majority of us are okay with glimglam or even LIKE HER. Alot of people like her more than most of the mane six.

>>28610439
>>28610439
>She's gone forever to Our Town now

anyone who truly thinks that is the truly delusional one.
She's still living in the castle with twilight, and she will most likely get a throne next season so she can go on map missions too. Most likely in the Premier.
>>
>>28610498
no one gives a shit about applejack or Rainbow dash anymore, people dread their episodes.
they could drop pretty much the other 5 without any problems.

Get rid of the concept of Anyone but twilight and starlight as the mane characters, retire the "mane six" concept, and just have it be about Twilight and starlight recruiting a bunch of random secondary characters each two parter to assist them, with the focus being around the two of them.
>>
File: IMG_0565.jpg (51KB, 312x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0565.jpg
51KB, 312x240px
op, turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to lucifer himself. what the devil kind of knight are you, that can't slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? the devil excretes, and your army eats. you will not, you son of a bitch, make subjects of christian sons; we've no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, fuck your mother. you babylonian scullion, macedonian wheelwright, brewer of jerusalem, goat-fucker of alexandria, swineherd of greater and lesser egypt, pig of armenia, podolian thief, catamite of tartary, hangman of kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before god, grandson of the serpent, and the crick in our dick. pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw your own mother! so the zaporozhian declare, you lowlife. you won't even be herding pigs for the christians. now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!
>>
I need a comic where Chrysalis flies to the closest tavern and binges on salt.
Only to wake up in bed with Brayeburn who is in a dress.
>>
>>28610520
>>28610627
>>28610490

Fuck your pink bald garbage
>>
>>28609883
>Starlight redeemed the race

It was Spike who saved the fucking day. He's the one who stood up for Thorax first, and without Thorax Glimmy woulda been bugfood.
>>
>>28610655
and yet it was still starlight being the focus and praised one for the redemption of the race.

You might as well give Twilight velvet credit for twilight's deeds for shitting her out her vag.
>>
>>28610627
>actually believing that getting rid of the m5 would be good
Jesus fucking Christ
Glimmerfags are literally cancer
>>
>>28610661
Look at me.
we're the Bronies now.
>>
File: IMG_0557.gif (261KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0557.gif
261KB, 200x200px
>>28610661
>>28610698
This ride doesn't end and we're in need of getting the hell out
>>
>>28609883
You act like that's a GOOD thing.

What this means is they need to take a fucking step back and rededicate themselves to making the other 5 important again.

Fucking bring back the elements of harmony while you're at it.
>>
>>28609883
>without any bullshit magical artifacts.
yeah man those trinkets are totally worthless. It's not like they have any association to their bearers who embodied the spirits of the elements when they faced the challenges presented by NMM, and that their combined presence created the unknown sixth element.

>The other 5 are just a cheer squad for twilight who've cheered her on while she's saved the day
right on, no need to look at how the main character's interactions with those 5, or anybody else, are part of the sum that she is when she succeeds. seriously Twilight would have defeated Discord without reading those friendship reports, regaining her resolve, and remembering the importance of their friendships in the second part of RoH. hell she could have defeated tirek on her own too if she tried just a little harder when she still had her and the princesses' magic.
>>
>>28609883
>Starlight has accomplished more, is smarter, more powerful and even more beloved than any other character in the show, and literally perfect in every way
Congratulations, you finally understood what makes her a Mary Sue.
>>
>>28610784
>yeah man those trinkets are totally worthless. It's not like they have any association to their bearers who embodied the spirits of the elements when they faced the challenges presented by NMM, and that their combined presence created the unknown sixth element.

Blah, blah, blah, they're gone now and were replaced by a coffee table. And they haven't been important since return of harmony. They were faust's baby, and got booted out the door with her.
>>
File: you-keep-using-that-word.jpg (36KB, 684x384px) Image search: [Google]
you-keep-using-that-word.jpg
36KB, 684x384px
>>28610835
>>
>>28610447
>impling Discord wasn't running a double bluff on Tirek under the orders of Celestia
>>
File: 1475434508633.png (358KB, 3590x3774px) Image search: [Google]
1475434508633.png
358KB, 3590x3774px
>>28610661
>The fags that keep the show alive because you don't like it anymore are cancer
Just like everybody said about us when we started this fandom and wanted everybody to join by pushing it everywhere? You also call us cancer, right? When in fact pushing the show everywhere is the reason why you even have a fucking show at this time to bitch about. If the show died obscure and unknown during S3, you would have killed yourself because you don't have anything else.
You should do my laundry and house cleaning instead of being an ungrateful bitch.
>>
>>28610867
Did i strike a nerve, marysuefag? You really shouldn't use the exact definition of Mary Sue to explain how great is your waifu if you want to pretend she's something else.
>>
>>28610926
having good qualities does NOT make a mary sue; starlight has tons of flaws (Did you NOT SEE HER fall down in fear at the town?), and barely wins.

She is utterly in no way shape or form a mary sue. she has tons of weaknesses and issues. Issues that make her incredibly endearing.
>>
>>28610918
>because you don't like it anymore
Maximum strawman
I just don't want it to literally turn into the Twilight and Shitlight show
>>
>>28610934
>Starlight has tons of flaws
>barely wins
>tons of weakness
>he actually believes this
The delusion is real. She has far less real flaws that any other character. She's more successful than any other character. She is a Mary Sue. Don't worry, there's literally nothing wrong with that, Haber created her so she'd be extremely likeable for people like you, and he did a damn good job, I can't deny that.
>>
>>28610968
She couldn't beat the changelings on her own, she needed thorax and discord.
She has crippling social anxieties to the point that she has mental breakdowns in crowds.
She has an inability to understand friendship, just like twilight did.
WHAT about this are you not getting?
>>28610963
The other 5 have had 6 seasons of super focus, let starlight have ONE (or maybe 2) seasons too.
>>
>>28610987
Starlight is not a main character and doesn't deserve the episodes that she has already
>>
>>28610995
>>28610995
>Starlight is not a main character
She is now.
>>
>>28610255
So you mean she's obviously part of the unicorn master race. I mean let's look at some parallels here.
>Personal student of a princess.
>Has a creepy gotta impress my princess mentor vibe outside of the season bookends.
>Does shit nobody else could because of friends but gets all the credit.
>Fucks everything up with a Starswirl spell but ultimately saves the day because friendship

Hell the only real difference between Twilight and Starlight is no magical McGuffins.
>>
>>28610995
>Starlight is not the main character
You know it's odd, am I the only one who sees that Starlight is basically Twilight without the whole 4 seasons of magical elements of plot convenience?
>>
>>28610987
Your waifufaggotry blinds you. Ask literally anywhere else what's a character introduced in a late season that has accomplished vastly more than any of the other characters have in life, a character that's much more powerful than any of the other characters and a character literally beloved by everyone in the show.
>>
File: suckitglimmerfags.jpg (99KB, 461x440px) Image search: [Google]
suckitglimmerfags.jpg
99KB, 461x440px
>>28611001
>Not even Mane 7
>>
File: 1475188957115.jpg (1MB, 1800x1356px) Image search: [Google]
1475188957115.jpg
1MB, 1800x1356px
>>28610963
>>28610995
see
>>28610698
>>
>>28610963
>Twilight and Shitlight show
Oh it's the usual Opener-Finale faggotry where the rest of the season doesn't matter, just those episodes.
>>
>>28611076
This season was as bland as AJ herself and forgetable as fuck.
I only remember the dragon episode and the one where they open the boutique I don't even remember much of the other episodes.
>>
>>28610854
>Blah, blah, blah, they're gone now and were replaced by a coffee table
You can't say that they don't hold some importance in the way they impacted future events. You can't say that Starlight's village as it was in the s5 premiere, her past characterization, and even what happened to her when she was a filly haven't been important since they happened. That too helped play a role in getting to where she, the current characters, and the show are now. I'm not saying the past needs to be paraded every day over the present but everything that happens does deserve some reverence.
>>
>>28611040
Starlight is definitely mane seven status now. I bet she's in the movie too.
>>
>>28611101
It's been that way for a while senpai. I barely remembered parts of S1 when Into the Gala (otherwise known as Best Night Ever) came out.

It's always been there, we just never thought about it because it's a show, and it always has had forgettable shit.

Alhough, I have to agree the consistency of quality (which area it falls in is your opinion) has made the more recent seasons rather forgettable. Was there an episode that actually gave us all a what the fuck was this writer thinking like Show Stoppers, Mare do Well, Flutter On, or Breezies? Because goddamn the big show ruining episodes in the last two seasons were less than any of those ones.
>>
>>28611143
I haven't forgot party of one, best night ever, winter wrap up, too many ponk peis, pinkie apple pie and filly vanilly
They were my fav episodes.
>>
>>28611171
Same here, but there wee more episodes than that.

Hell it too me going back and watching between S1 & 2 to rmember some of the more forgettable ones that weren't super memed to hell, like Griffon the Brush Off, Show Stoppers, A Dog and Pony Show, Over a Barrel, Green is Not Your Color, or A Bird in the Hoof.

There's just not the extreme highs and lows like there used to be. I used to think this was a good thing, now my opinion has majorly changed. I mean fuck it's sad when I remember the Equestria Girls movie more than the majority of a season's episodes, for good or ill.
>>
>>28611200
The first EQG movie was so bad it is literally unforgettable.
I am not falling for the b8 of the EQG fags telling me that the other 3 movies are worth watching ever.
>>
>>28611237
Not saying they are (they're ok at best), just saying it's pretty bad when the once a year movie is more memorable within its own series because of inconsistent quality than the show it spun off from.
>>
>>28611251
I blame starlight and haber.
>>
>>28611411
Not even them, it started last season when Meghan and M.A. Larson were still the big folks running things.

The good we all thought that consistent quality was going to have, has just turned it into a forgettable show.
>>
>>28611457
Larson actually produced good work, the cutie mark map is noteable in actually having the other 5 besides twilight be important (fluttershy specifically)
>>
>>28611478
The thing is, I only remember like one of those episodes (Griffonstone).

Like Is said what we thought was good might actually be bad.
>>
>>28611490
Griffonstone wasn't bad; it wasn't incredible, but it was a decent, solid episode. Better than the other map episodes by far.
>>
>>28611498
I am not him, but I joined this ride expecting quality, not just ok.
We all know everyone can be just ok, but few can be good, even less can be excellent.
>>
All this bitching over little old starlight; fucking get used to it, the majority of people LIKE her. Go on derpibooru, go on mlpforums, go on round stable, go on ANYWHERE, and you will find nothing but love for her appearances, love for the finale, and love for HER.
just because the 5% of people on this site that hate her love to sit around and circle jerk about hating her doesn't mean that she's anywhere near disliked.
Get used to her, she's not going anywhere bitches.
>>
>>28611536
If people like her why she doesn't have her own toyline yet? doesn't make sense.
>>
>>28611560
dude, she's got fucking toys. She was in the mcdonald's toyline for crying out loud! She's also part of the explore equestria toyline.
>>
>>28611575
Do you got facts to back up? sales specifically? polls about her being popular? It is just weird that if people likes her, I don't see toys or stuff posted here ever, just spam saying she is best to get a rise or hate for her.
>>
>>28611587
Polls on her episodes this season almost always rank them as above highly average by a wide margin.
>>
>>28611593
Lets not even get into the fact she actually made Trixie likable.
>>
>>28611536
>the majority of people LIKE her
The majority of the people who didn't leave the fandom because of her, that's it.
>>
>>28611587
She's not really pupular. She's got a little over a third of AJ's uploads on derpibooru in the last 40 days
>>
>>28611605
Give it time, after this finale, her Uploads are going to SKYROCKET to the point where she'll easily outpace AJ.
>>
>>28611613
I fucking doubt it. She was really bland in the finale, we might even see Trixie overtaking her for a while
>>
>>28611621
LOLWUT? She was the best part of the finale!
>>
>>28611599
Trixie was likable way before Starlight was even conceived.
>>
>>28611762
Not even a Trixiefag and I agree.
If you liked Trixie despite the dixie then you didn't even need her to be reformed in the first place or for her to be friends with Starlight.
Writers just saw that peoplekinda like Trixie and they decided that to have an excuse for her to show up again, she had to be friends with Glimmer.
>>
>>28611875
Even after the Magic Duel thing I was still on the fence about her being likable. I just personally felt like she did something that I never thought possible and actually make me like Trixie.
>>
>>28611762
Trixie was likeable in the first episode she was in.
>>
File: 1433593507537.jpg (164KB, 564x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1433593507537.jpg
164KB, 564x1086px
>>28611575
>no Applejack
>>
>>28610208
>NO other character in MLP, not even twilight, has had a villain swear to be their mortal enemy that will get their revenge before

Yes she did

She just reformed her and made her into your new waifu

You're welcome
>>
>>28611762
She was never likable. Don't delude yourself.

She's at least tolerable now thanks to Starlight. So she was useful for something after all.
>>
>>28612157
As someone who's first episode was the Trixie one, she was likeable. The mane cast started shit with her from second zero, they can eat shit.

> tolerable now thanks to Starlight
Starlight is almost tolerable thanks to her.
>>
>>28609883
But what now? Her redeem arc is done. She is supposed follow Twilight's path, but Twilight's friendship studies were linked to EoH and her Alicornication was Celestia's call.

Where is Glimmer supposed to go? Chrysalis vowed revengeance on her, so she is still sticking around.

And when the fuck is the story going to continue with the main 6? 2 seasons they've done nothing.
>>
>>28612221
I personally liked both of them from the start.

Thorax and Discord are now almost tolerable thanks to both of them.
>>
you glimmerfags make me want to kill myself more than usual.
I'm getting off the ride and never coming back...
>>
>>28612410
See you tomorrow.
>>
>>28612482
Nice meme. you fell for my troll bait.
>>
>>28612221
They had good reason to. But I digress and plug.

At the very least she does something useful now.
>>
Say what you will about Starlight's magic she is not the most powerful pony in the show.

Fluttershy, thanks to Discord, is the most powerful pony.

Discord didn't give a shit about the fate of the world, but once Fluttershy is in danger he actually gets off his ass and involves himself in the affairs of ponies. Even with his magic gone he is still a fucking monster and when up against a couple of changlings he couldn't even smack them because of how dedicated he is to a yellow horse.

If Fluttershy told him to do anything he would do it. If someone held her hostage and told Discord to fuck some shit up in order to save her he would nuke the world.
>>
>>28612231
Her arc in Season 7 will be about her now becoming one of the EOH bearers and ascending to become the secondary leader of the group alongside twilight, just like how twilight's princess arc continued in Season 4 and 5.

The sky's the limit for starlight, there's no end, there's only endless potential. While I'm not trying to start the "Alicorn Starlight!" meme shit here, its quite plausible as a plotline to have her continue to grow as Twilight's student to become one too, though that wouldn't be for a while, we still got her becoming an EOH first (like how FG and LOE had sunset become one of the EOH too more or less)
>>
>>28614539
But they don't have the EOH anymore

I think her becoming an alicorn is unlikely, but if it DID happen, I would laugh. It would be a proper 2-parter, upstaging Twilight's rushed ascension episode, proving OP's point true once again.
>>
>>28609883
Twilight should have stayed a unicorn and Starlight should ascend to alicornhood
>>
>>28614728
They have the map, the map is the elements of harmony's current form. To become one of the elements, all that would need to happen would be for the castle to Create a throne for her with a cutie mark for her (Not just a BLANK one, that's more an honorary thing, one with a mark on it that shows that she's tied to it as a full on member of the EOH).

She lives in the castle, and is probably more involved with and tied to the castle than the other 5 by far, it would make sense (the book even had the castle respond to her thoughts/desires and make a magic enhancing room for her)
>>
File: IMG_4006.gif (4MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4006.gif
4MB, 400x225px
Why don't people like her?

Not a troll or shitposter, everyone is entitled to their opinion obviously, but since all the discussion I see about her on this board is memes and shitposting, can someone give me specific examples and reasons as to why she is disliked?
>>
>>28614814
Good lord, there are so many reasons to hate her that almost comes off like a rehtorical question.
>>
>>28614814
She's a mary sue who's better at magic than the alicorn element of magic herself, the villains have horrible plot armor to kidnap everyone BUT her in order to give her a perfect "save everyone" plotline, she has zero character traits that are interesting, she has zero chemistry with the other 5, has ZERO common sense to the point that she doesn't understand that mind raping people is bad (and not in a charming way, that was fucking messed up) and everyone instantly forgives her and talks about how great she is.

she's an annoying as fuck mary sue who's stealing focus and screentime from more interesting characters.
>>
File: xohmE1O.jpg (106KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
xohmE1O.jpg
106KB, 1024x683px
>>28609883
>Character specifically introduced to act as a new Twilight
>Better than everyone else
No shit Sherlock, that's like claiming Harry Potter is better than every other character in the series.
>>
>>28614977
You do realize that early sherlock holmes stories played him up as being far more socially inept and in need of watson to handle a shit ton of stuff right?
Holmes even says that he'd "be lost without you" to watson. Basically Holmes came off as almost an autist who needed Watson for anything non-detectivy in the investigation in the first 50% of the stories, the "Sherlock holmes is the Ubermensch" bullshit was seasonal rot in later books.
>>
>>28614814
Seems to mostly be, misunderstanding of the term Mary Sue, and the fact that she's Twiggles 2.0.
>>
>>28614958
This.
>>
File: a (43).png (89KB, 182x191px) Image search: [Google]
a (43).png
89KB, 182x191px
>>28615014
Did you just take 'no shit Sherlock' as an argument? It's just a turn of phrase m8. I was calling OP a retard for pointing out the obvious traits of a character that the narrative revolves around.
>>
>>28615022
>she's Twiggles 2.0.
Shitty twiggles.
If twilight is coke, Starlight is new coke, utter shit.

Sunset can be sprite.
>>
>>28614958

She can't have zero chemistry with the other 5 when she never hangs out with them.
>>
>>28615046
You're the Watson to his Holmes
he'd be lost without you.
>>
>>28609970

Let me tell you what they did and why people liked the show a long time ago. They lived their lives, chased their dreams, and bettered themselves step by step, episode by episode with oneanother. They had what started as somewhat acquaintances and grew and nurtured their friendships into something more. They helped Twilight on her way to princess-hood by being friends with her, growing along with her, and being there when she needed moral support or guidance and vise versa. Glimmer can never do any of these things because they have essentially went to a formula where they make a new character into a new situation that needs solving every week instead of making it about 6 friends living their days with oneanother. That is what is lost in season 5 and 6. That is where the issues come in and why I personally have a big problem with a lot of the newer episodes.

So to your idea that the other main 5 have never done anything, you're dead wrong and too blind to see it.
>>
>>28609883
>Starlight has accomplished vastly more than any of the other 5

Why does this matter? You make it sound like this is a shonen battle manga where characters need to be rated by power levels or something.
>>
>>28615743
It's fairly common among folks on these types of boards, seen it on here and ponychan (way back when Global 15 was an even harder rule due to no /mlp/). I still don't get why they think it's a shonen battle show.
>>
>>28609883
Reminder that Rainbow Dash is the one most responsible for Equestria not meeting it's ultimate demise. Twilight would fail her test, Spike wouldn't even exist, the mane 6 would never come together, and Equestria would be fucked long before Starlight could do anything of relevance. She saw for herself when she was hell-bent on stopping her.

Call her a cunt all you want but Equestria owes it's salvation to her, and most ponies will never come to know that. And for all the bragging she does, that's one thing she's pretty humble about.

And to think Faust wanted her to be the central character.
>>
File: wow what a bunch of losers.png (215KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
wow what a bunch of losers.png
215KB, 640x464px
>>28614958
>lack of understanding and acceptance of basic storytelling
>self-contradiction
>not knowing what a mary-sue is
>inability to look at the show anything but a surface level

wew, that was a pretty unhelpful post anon.

>mary sue
A mary sue is a character with no conceivable character flaws and solves every problem perfectly. Starlight clearly has SERIOUS flaws in morality and common sense (as you mentioned) and she fails to defeat Chrysalis without her Suicide Squad. Hardly a Mary sue.

>better at magic than the alicorn element of magic herself
So I suppose that having Twilight be a completely invincible, OP solves-all-problems-with-magic character would be far more interesting, huh?

>perfect "save everyone" plotline
again, forgetting about the others in her group she couldn't have succeeded without

>zero interesting traits
I personally find her moral grayness to be interesting, but this is a mostly subjective area

>zero chemistry with other 5
She's been in like 4 episodes that even featured the other 5, chemistry takes time to develop

>mind raping other ponies
again, makes her interesting and NOT a mary sue

>instantly forgiven by everyone
It's fucking Friendship is Magic, ponies have been forgiven for worse, almost like it's a theme of the show or something.
>>
>>28615909
On that last one. Dear lord has anybody saying this shit actually watched the show for more than the like five or six minutes of action per season?
>>
>>28615941
Exactly, people seem to forget that this isn't fucking Avatar:The Last Airbender
>>
>>28615909
>It's fucking Friendship is Magic, ponies have been forgiven for worse, almost like it's a theme of the show or something.
literally this
>>
>>28615909
>'s fucking Friendship is Magic, ponies have been forgiven for worse, almost like it's a theme of the show or something
I'd like to point out that the exact opposite is also true. The ponies in the show hold some pretty hefty grudges. It's very inconsistent. That's my problem with Starlight being instantly forgiven.
>>
>>28616031
Hell even Avatar doesn't have the focus on power levels these shitheels seem to do.

>>28616074
They tend to forgive easily when it's a pony showing actual I'm sorry, or do we forget the fact that Twilifght wasn't exile and was somewhat trusted, even after the Smarty Pants incident.
>>
>>28616074
Fair enough. Now that I think of it, mind rape seems to be a fairly common problem in Equestria.
>>
>>28616144
It's basically the go to, Hell remember when Twilight casually thought mind raping Discord was an okay solution to his reformation troubles? Or when she didn't have a freindship problem to write about?
>>
>>28609883
she has to make up for trying to declare communism.

in the objective view she hasn't done enough to redeem herself, much less earn something.
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.