[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

have you made any friends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1458521610765.png (386KB, 1600x1762px) Image search: [Google]
1458521610765.png
386KB, 1600x1762px
Its been 7 years,anon, how many friends did you make?
>>
>>28609634
I realized that, outside of co-workers, you don't make friends past a certain age.
>>
well let's see
I lost 3
>>
>>28609642
What about keeping up with coworkers that leave the company? Or after you leave the company?
What about friends online?

I've made 5 coworker friends. One of them left the company, but we still meet frequently. One of them is overseas, but we still chat weekly. Plus 3 friends over fimfiction, one of which ended up becoming a coworker.
>>
>>28609634
Still can't format a thread, huh?
>>
>>28609634
fuck friendship.
>>
>>28609672
I don't do any of that. I like the people I work with, but it ends once we're done at work. I don't talk with them unless it's to specfically ask a work related question. That's it. And I don't play with people online or even meet people online. I used to make a few friends here an there on XBL years and years ago, but that stopped a long time ago.
>>
>>28609634
I lost all of my friends when high school ended.
Put too much time into a girlfriend that didn't last.
Fucked up and didn't make any long lasting friends in college. (I had a solid chance at it too.)
A female friend from high school accidentally stood me up to hang out and now she's too embarrassed to talk to me anymore.
Sort of bailed on an online friend...I hope I can revive that one.

The fucking irony of watching the show through all of this.
>>
File: well fuck.png (221KB, 1280x1502px) Image search: [Google]
well fuck.png
221KB, 1280x1502px
>>28609634
None, I lost contact with most of my friends from school after 2010.
My only friend now is trying to quit drugs, so I don't really have much of a reason to hang around with him as of recent.
>>
>>28609719
Do you want to?

I chat with all of my coworkers about random things. I start pretty much every conversation with "how's life" or "how's the family", and things go from there. Sometimes I'll just ask a random question, like if they've ever wanted to try writing a book, making music, drawing, and so on. Sometimes it's things like "what do you want for Christmas" (in early Spring or something so it's obvious that it's just a random question). People have a lot to say if you can just figure out what they want to be asked.

You need to have a genuine desire to understand other people's lives, how other people think, what other people want, etc. and a genuine desire to help people if you want to get friends out of it. Otherwise the conversation will just be a one-off thing. Once you find you can actually carry a conversation with someone, ask if they want to grab dinner after work.

I've had at least one casual dinner with something like 20 people in my office now. People enjoy getting away from their wives or family occasionally. That's something to talk about too. If you're single, it's fine to make jokes liberally about how awful spouses and kids are, as long as it's clear that you're joking.

It helps to have a huge variety of interests. Pony helps with that, though don't ever tell people that you do things because of pony.

On fimfiction, you have to put genuine effort into figuring out what people actually mean by what they say, and genuine effort into letting people know when they do something you really like. Follow blogs by people you like, put effort into developing interesting thoughts on the things they like and talking to them about it. With one of my fimfiction friends, I got lucky since we happened to live near each other, and he happened to mention it in a blog. I asked if he wanted to grab lunch sometime, and he said yes.
>>
>>28609634
To be honest, I actually made several friends. I have used some of the lessons learned from the show, and even though we have differences that makes them all the more valuable. I would have to say this show has made me more social with people around me. Also... >>28609828 This guy here... basically I have a very similar scenario going on in my life.
>>
>>28609719
>>28609865
For the record, I >>28609828 keep notes on my phone about how to be a good friend and what I think would make people enjoy being around one another. These are usually thoughts I have while watching the show or reading fanfics. I also keep notes on things I want to talk to people about, whether because they brought it up or because I thought they'd find it interesting.
>>
>>28609642
Go buy an RC air plane and go to an approved flying location, and report back on how many friends you make.
>>
File: 1456871846495.png (181KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1456871846495.png
181KB, 500x375px
>>28609634
Just the ones I meet online and hardly if never meet in real life. The show has actually improved my social interactions a noticable amount but I'm still such a shut in it hardly matters.

>>28609935
>dropping 100 bucks or more for possible friendship
Anon we're not all richfags living in a good neighborhood.
>>
>>28609634
Because of the show or in spite of it?

Because of the show, I made 1 friend, and a handful more of acquaintances. In spite of it, I made like 4 somewhat close friends.
>>
File: 1475450184327.jpg (100KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475450184327.jpg
100KB, 1080x1080px
>>28609634
A handful, lost two but gained seven for a net gain of five. Plus a crazy Dutch bastard who's been constantly pushing me to gitgudder in [art].
>>
File: 1472080251854.png (103KB, 440x522px) Image search: [Google]
1472080251854.png
103KB, 440x522px
>>28609634

Oh god. So many I couldn't list them all.

John...Lawrence
Patricia Dagato
Larry Finklestein
Dean Jeremiah
Franklin Dean Roosevelt
Patty Gomata

So many I can't really say
>>
>>28609634
No, i lost all friends and i don't want to have any.
Those idiots stopped asking to hang around and drink. Ugh
this>>28609716

>>28609998
lucky for you.
>>
>>28609634
I am schizophrenic, I naturally dislike human contact of all kinds. Monitor is fine, cause it is cold and I can easily close the window if I get tired of all of you.
A show about pastel ponies won't cure a rooted professionally diagnosed mental illness.
>>
>>28610153
You hear voices? Or are you the word salad type?
>>
>>28610186
I used to hear three voices in my head, and I used to made word salads, but not as disconcerting as the ones that show on tv.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb8wQjwVu2g
>>
>>28610147
>lucky for you
>having my only friends contact completly dependent on my shitty internet connection

>>28610264
What the heck is a word salad?
>>
>>28610275
When you start spouting shit that makes no fucking sense except for yourself.
>>
>>28610275

They see obscene words in leafy greens. It's not that bad, really
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.