[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Escape Velocity (the CYOA) #1 (again)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 8

File: 1445056596727.png (1MB, 528x528px) Image search: [Google]
1445056596727.png
1MB, 528x528px
>A groan escapes you as you awaken to a splitting headache and dull pain down just about every inch of your body.
>You are instantly aware of the cold, crisp feeling of the air as your eyes blink groggily open.
>It's bright.
>So bright, that you're almost certain you must be looking straight up at the sun.
>But as your vision clears, you realize just how... cold... the light shining down on you is.
>No warmth, in feeling or in hue.

>You realize your position atop a rather bare bones metal-framed bed, and attempt to sit up.
>The thin excuse for a cushion doesn't help the aching in your muscles as you do.

>Your eyes drift down to examine your surroundings.
>Smooth, grey walls. Some shining, others dull and tarnished.
>Countless instruments of a nature you've never seen before line the room, the tables and counters they're set upon smooth and white as snow.
>Too smooth.
>Too white.

>Where are you?
>What happened?
>>
>>28581697
We were picked up by that jackass in a spaceship after he ruined our neighbor's barn. Something about being on the run from aliens or something I believe.
>>
>>28581697
You were working in the biolab but didn't realized the genetically engineered algae was releasing dangerous amount of hydrocarbons. One spark and you were exploded, barely making it out.
>>
We were at a farm, tending crops, when there was this light.
Then... this.
Cliche I know. I can't think of anything.
>>
>>28581804
No no it was the robot that ruined the barn.
>>
>>28581804
>>28581821

>Your head is still pounding, but you try to think through the haze.
>You remember... the farm. Yes, your family's farm.
>You grew up on those acres and acres of fields, but it was more or less yours now.
>Pop was getting up there, and with how much of the business you'd learned over the years it was an obvious decision.
>But where was the farm now?
>This place certainly didn't look anything like the hoofmade wooden structures you'd grown up in.

"The light..."
>You murmur to yourself as another glimpse of a memory crosses your mind.
>A blinding light streaking across the sky with such fiery intensity you could feel the heat.
>Only it wasn't across the sky...
>It was pretty obviously hurtling right toward you, in fact.
>Toward the farm.
>After that... Just heat and blinding light.

>You're not quite sure how to feel about the implication.
>You get the feeling you might have a degree of shock to thank for that.

>You shake your head as if to jog your memory more.
>But the flash of light is all you can remember.

>Perhaps it'd be better to focus on figuring out where you are rather than where you were.
>>
>>28581964
Get up and get a better look around; try not to fall on your face while doing so.
>>
>>28581964
Get up and look around if we can.
>>
>>28582024
>>28582047

>You struggle onto your hooves, leaning heavily on the metal frame of your... cot... in an effort not to fall flat on your face.
>Taking a moment to cast another more attentive look around the room, you suddenly find yourself staring into your own eyes.
>A tall mirror adorns one of the walls.

>What do you see?
>>
>>28582062
A pony
>>
>>28582062
I see a Deer
>>
>>28582092
A doe? A female deer
>>
>>28582062
A stallion.
>>
>>28582062
pegamale
>>
>>28582062
Male winged pone
>>
>>28582098
Same anon.

>>28582098
Yes.
>>
>>28582124
Dammit meant this one. >>28582092
>>
>>28582062
Uni stallion. Pega-wings don't work in space.
>>
>>28582109
>>28582115
>>28582117
I'm cool with a male pegassass.
>>
>>28582080
>>28582109
>>28582115
>>28582117
>>28582167

>You're still a pony.
>And at this point you're thankful for that after the bizarre state of everything else you've found yourself in.

>You unfold one of your wings cautiously, feeling your tense muscles stretch.
>Everything appears to be in order.

>You feel like there are definitely more important things to spend your time on than oggling yourself in the mirror.
>But who knows?
>Perhaps looking at yourself in more detail could be just as important as finding a way out of this room.
>Or more importantly, where this room even is.
>>
>>28582167
How boring, deer or don't.
>>
>>28582242
Knock on the door?
>>
>>28582242
I could go for more ogling. Are we perhaps appaloosa black, with a white mane?
>>
>>28582295
Throw in green eyes and a qt mark that reflects on being a farmpony and we have a deal, mister.
>>
>>28582328
Sounds like a plan, Stan!

To deer guy: I love deer too. But, well, this is a pony adventure? We don't even know how deer magic stuff or anything.
>>
>>28582242
continue ogling self, gotta appreciate them sexy wings
>>
>>28582290
>>28582295
>>28582328
>>28582356

>You flex the flight appendage to it's full span, appreciating the power and shape of it.
>Folding the black-feathered wing back against your side, you cast your green eyes over your snow white mane and masculine jawline before turning away from the mirror.
>Nothing else in the room jumps out at you, so finding out what's beyond it seems like the next logical step.
>Walking with more sure-footedness now, you approach what you assume is the doorway.
>You cautiously lift a hoof to knock.
>The door slides open with a mechanical hiss, disappearing into the wall.
>A hallway, similarly metallic but more dimly lit, awaits you beyond.

>Suddenly, a calm, male voice breaks the silence.
>"Alert. The indigenous lifeform has regained consciousness in the medbay."
>The voice, though speaking with a familiar posh accent, sounds strange to your ears. As if spoken through a tin can.
>>
>>28582455
Peek out. Be ready to run.
>>
>>28582455
This.
>>28582480
>>
>>28582455
"Hello?"
>>
>>28582480
>>28582494
>>28582526

>Keeping your ears perked for any more strange noises, you poke your head out into the hall.
>The hallway isn't particularly long.
>A series of doors line the walls to your right, and off to your left the hallway opens into open air.
>You can't see a bottom from this angle.
"... Hello?"
>Your voice echoes off the smooth walls.

>"Greetings, native organism. Please, do not leave the medical bay. A crew member will be here shortly to examine you."
>>
>>28582553
Oh yeah? And who are you?
>>
>>28582553
"Oh. Er, thanks. Where am I, and why am I aboard this ship?"
>>
>>28582553
Where are you? Where am I?

Is it OK for us to have country mannerisms? I feel that'd fit the farmpony feel we're going for.
>>
>>28582559
"Oh... Thanks."
>You look curiously around, but can't find a source for the voice.
"Uh... Who're you? WHERE are you?"
>"Forgive me for the confusion. Although technically much of my processing power is housed in a server relay here on the ship, I do not exist in a 'where' as you refer to it. I am a synthetic construct tasked with maintaining and operating many of this vessel's on board functions. The crew refers to me simply as 'SUNNY'"
>>
>>28582672
You're a wha-nevermind. What vessel am I on? I don't even live near water.
>>
>>28582672
"Good to meet you, Sunny. I'm- Actually at a loss right now as to my name."
>>
>>28582688

>You understood about every third word of that.
"Yer a wha-? Nevermind. What'a'ya mean vessel? Who's ship is this? Ah don't live anywhere near water!"
>"Not that kinda ship, kid."

>The entrance of a new voice causes you to turn with a start.
>The once empty doorway is now occupied by two rather eccentric looking ponies.
>The speaker, a tall tan stallion with a spiked golden mane, grins at you.
>"We're a pretty long way from any water right about now."
>"Oh don't be so difficult, Nova!"
>The other, a smaller but mature unicorn mare with coat and mane of monochromatic gray, jabs him sharply in the ribs with a hoof.

>Her misty blue eyes turn back to you.
>She looks at you earnestly.
>"Hello. I'm very sorry for any confusion or discomfort you might be experiencing. My name is Pru. I'm the resident medic and the one who checked your injuries from the blast after you were brought on board. This tall nuisance here is Nova, the captain."
>She speaks slowly, with great emphasis on every word, but with a tenderness born from experience.
>You suspect she's acting on the possibility of you having suffered some sort of brain injury or something.

>"Do you think you could tell me your name?"
>>
Alright, folks.

Gonna put a pin in it here so I can sleep and also to give extra time for the all-important naming segment.

Thanks for participating and trusting me to finally tell this story.

I'll be back for an hour or two tomorrow morning before work.
>>
>>28582850
Thanks for running this new quest, Rocketeer.

And I suggest "Power Plow" for a name.
>>
>>
beb
>>
>>28582887
How about Pitch Fork?
>>
>>28582807
>>28582807
Thunderhead. Our qtmark is a dark storm cloud surrounded by lightning. Special talent is being able to wrangle up clouds and make 'em storm or spit lightning.

Sound ok?
>>
>>28585552
I like it. Who knows, we might have a way with other forms of electricity.
>>
>>28585552
>>28585573
What about Stormy Night?
Fits the lightning theme and also matches our black coat
>>
>>28585685
Because Thunderhead sounds way more badass.
>>
>>28585685
It's alright, but I prefer Thunderhead honestly.
>>
>>28585685
>>28585711

I don't know. Stormy Night does sound pretty cool too.

There are lots of weather and electricity based names we can take of course.

Positive charge, Nimbostratus or Cumulonimbus, Lightning Coil, Amperage, Volt(But another cyoa pone already had that name) Arc Flare...

The name Static goes with a few things too. Static bolt or charge or something else. But once again, Stormy Nights sounds good to me.

Thunderhead makes me think this pony is going to get characterized as giving good head, and I guess if you want your Mc to be like that, thats okay too, but i'd prefer not.
>>
>>28585752
>Thunderhead makes me think this pony is going to get characterized as giving good head, and I guess if you want your Mc to be like that, thats okay too, but i'd prefer not.
This is the dumbest argument against something I've ever heard.
>>
>>28585789

I'm sorry. Its the only one I could think of to justify my bias against the name Thunderhead, which honestly just sounds stupid to me. Choose whatever you want, Anon.
>>
>>28585752
Thunderhead ain't no queer.
>>
>>28582807

Last time this cyoa was around, we were named Lucky Star.
>>
>>28585552
>>28585685
>>28585752
Gonna make an executive decision here cause I prefer Stormy, myself.

----------------------------------------------------

"Er... Y-Yeah."
>You rub your aching skull.
"Name's Stormy. Stormy Night."
>The tall stallion, Nova, scoffs at that.
>"Stormy Night? Pfft! What's that, some kind of stage name?"
>You scuff your hoof awkwardly on the cold floor, murmuring to yourself.
"I mean, most people just call me Storm anyway..."
>Nova continues to giggle gleefully despite glares from his companion.
>The laughter is cut short, however, when the stallion shifts his gaze, staring intently over your shoulder.
>"Wait a minute... Is that a tattoo or...?"
>You follow his eyes back to the symbol on your flank, the dark cloud with white bolts of lightning erupting from it in jagged line.
>"It's a cutie mark, Nova. I noticed it when I was examining him earlier."
>You notice a look of delighted curiosity in Pru's eyes.
>"It's not every day you pick up a historical relic like this!"
>>
>>28585864
What? Historical relic?
>>
>>28585864
>Gonna make an executive decision here cause I prefer Stormy, myself.
Are you shitting me? You went against the majority because you felt like it? It was only one guy who wanted the super generic "Storm". Why?

Historical relic? Me??
>>
>>28585864
>Executive decisions
I'm not a relic! I'm twenty years old!
>>
>>28585897

Two guys, actually.
>>
>>28585886
>>28585897

"Historical... relic?"
>Pru nods and angles her own flank slightly toward you, revealing the blank color of her grey coat.
>"The majority of our kind haven't had marks like that for a few hundred years."
>Nova breaks from his own shocked stupor enough to shrug.
>"Yeah, somethin about the lowered magical energy from generations of life off-world. I don't really pay attention to that sorcery mumbo-jumbo."
>>
>>28585997
... where the fuck am I?
>>
>>28585997

"Wait. 'Off-world'...? Where am it?!"
>Pru brings a hoof up to her face, smiling apologetically at you.
>"Oh, I'm so sorry! Here we are, rambling about all this nonsense and you don't even know where you are!"
>The mare takes a gentle step toward you, resting a hoof on your shoulder.
>"Tell me, Storm. On your... home. Do they ever tell stories about ships that can travel the stars? And ponies who fly in them?"
>>
>>28586060
Yes, but they're never ponies; just strange creatures.
>>
>>28586060
Are you saying this is a starship? I don't believe you. Is this some kinda prank?
>>
>>28586060

Uh. I guess there were a few science fiction stories. One of our Princesses went to the moon once, but I dont think she had any sort of ship.

W-wait, you arent saying that this is a starship, are you!??!
>>
>>28586084
>>28586088
>>28586111

>Your mind flashes back to all the stories you used to read as a colt.
>Gallant pony captains, traveling the stars in there rocket-propelled ships.
>Meeting aliens and fighting grand conflicts.
>But was Pru implying...
"I'm... on a starship?"
>You shake your head in disbelief.
"This must be some kind of joke."

>The mare shakes her head in turn.
>"I'm sorry. We brought you on board to take care of any injuries you might have recieved."
>Nova pipes up from the doorway, running a hoof over his mane awkwardly.
>"Aaand we couldn't really leave any witnesses at the crash site. Would've been bad for you."
>Pru sighs.
>"BOTH of which are our fault..."

>She puts a light, reassuring pressure on your shoulder.
>"We'll get you back home as soon as we can. I promise."
>The look in her eyes is soft. Honest.
>But you can still see Nova fidgeting behind her.
>"Yeah... Soon as we can."
>>
>>28586285
I'm going to need more explanation then that. What crash site was this? Is my farm okay?
>>
>>28586285
Soon as you can...huh? You don't seem very confident in that...
>>
>>28586285
I don't understand. How come ponies don't know about this?
>>
>>28586325
>>28586396

"What does he mean by that?"
>His reaction worries you.
>Cold dread begins to tug at your insides.
"What did you do? What happened to my home?"
>"Calm down! Please!"
>Pru's voice has a sense of sternness to it, but somehow still remains soothing.
>"Your home will be fine. The ones chasing us won't harm any innocent bystanders. I doubt they'll even show themselves."
>Nova pipes up again. "All your people back home will find is an empty crater and no you."

"I still don't understand! What happened? How is this your fault?"
>"I know, I know."
>Pru sighs, her head dipping slightly.
>"We're mercenaries... of sorts. We travel around taking jobs, and our current mission was to intercept a convoy from the... from an alien government."
>She looks back at Nova, who continues the tale.
>"One of our contacts is paying a hefty sum for an artifact that convoy was ferrying. Unfortunately... the best way for us to get to it was shooting the carrier ship down... Which unfortunately crashed down just about right on top of you."
>The stallion shrugs nonchalantly, but at least Pru casts you another apologetic look.
>"When we retrieved the package, Nova found you in the wreckage. It was my idea to bring you up for medical attention."
>>
Pausing now.

Gotta get to work.
>>
>>28586648

Thanks for running. Please come back soon.
>>
>>28586730
No worries!
We'll start up again either tonight or tomorrow around the same times as the last two sessions.
>>
>>28586633
So there has to be a reason you won't get me back home right away...right? Tell me more about this artifact and the government chasing us.
>>
>>28586633
I have a family and friends back in Equestria. I'm not about to be carryon to some criminals while they never know what happened to me.
>>
>>28587723
Fine, whatever, bump.
>>
>>28587723
>>
>>28586819
Yeah, and Pa can't run the farm all by himself. I hope Sis can handle it until we get back.
>>
>>28586766
>>28586819
>>28590368

>You stare down at your hooves, taking it all in.
"But... why can't I go home? It's just my sister and me tending the farm... My family needs me!"
>"I'm sorry..." Pru's apology is soft, barely above a whisper. "We just can't risk it..."
>"And we won't be any time soon"
>Nova's face is stern, but he doesn't look you in the eye.
>"That convoy wasn't child's play. We stole something important from them, and the Ecumene will be combing this sector relentlessly."
>He sighs.
>"Listen kid... I'm sorry we got you wrapped up in this. But we're out of options here."

"Then tell me what's going on, at least!"
>You look between the two in exasperation.
"You said you're being chased. By who? What's 'the Ecumene?' What did you steal?"
>Pru shares a look with Nova, who's still wearing that same stern expression.
>"We may as well, Nova. It's harmless."

>"Fine. First off, we don't actually know anything about the artifact we stole... It might as well be a door prop as far as I'm concerned."
>You cock your head at that, but he's already moving on.
>"But the guys we stole it from? Them I know all about. The Ecumene is the central government of the Slelii. Aliens that happen to hold influence in the region of space your little planet sits."
>He rubs his chin thoughtfully.
>"Picture... tall, thin ponies with massive antlers sticking out of their skulls. They're as majestic as they are snooty."
>From the way he says it, you get the feeling that last bit was speaking from experience.
>"Anyways. These guys run a tight ship from a social perspective, and they're all about that sorcery nonsense. They've got strict ideals, though, and getting caught stealing from them isn't something I'd like to add to me resume."

>You feel your heart dropping into your stomach the more he talks, and Pru seems to notice your mounting dread.
>"I promise you, Storm. We'll make sure you get home as soon as this mess clears up."
>>
>>28590952
>tall, thin ponies with massive antlers sticking out of their skulls.
Those are deer
>>
>>28590952
Alright...may I ask what was wrong with me when you picked me up? I couldn't have been that badly injured...I feel fine.
>>
>>28590972
"It... sounds like you're just describing deer..."
"Dear what?"
>He stares back at you in confusion, and you decide moving on might be best.

"Okay... Well what about me? You said you... abducted me... because I was injured. I feel fine."
>Pru smiles knowingly at that.
>"Your shoulder was actually sliced open to the bone. You would have bled out if they hadn't brought you back here."
>>
>>28591046
Alright...so what happens now? I wait on your ship until you can get me back home? Sitting around doing nothing isn't really my thing...
>>
>>28591046
Thanks for saving me... I guess.
>>
>>28591046
Alright, thanks for saving me, but now that I'm stuck here on your ship with you, what can I do to help unfuck our situation? Can you train me how to work on things? Anything?
>>
>>28591100
>>28591107
>>28591152

"Oh..."
>Your eyes fall to examine your black-coated shoulders.
>Sure enough, a thin, pink line stretches over your left shoulder and partially across your chest.
>You marvel at the lack of any raw wound or stitching.
"Thank you...?"
>Pru giggles at your reaction, but turns back to Nova as the stallion steps back from his place in the doorway.
>"Well, it's been nice chatting and all, but we have an appointment to keep. I'll be up in the cockpit if you need me."
>Pru shakes her head and glances back at you.
>"Don't mind him. He's always stressed on a big job."
>You nod, and soon the room falls into silence.

>You sit there fidgeting for a moment, but when it becomes clear that Pru isn't leaving or speaking you break the silence.
"So um... What happens now? You say I'm stuck here, but what do I do? Am I just supposed to wait around?"
>She ponders at that.
>"Well, if you're looking for something to do then your best bet is probably to ask Ryker... Oh!"
>She perks up at that, raising a hoof.
>"I completely forgot! We've been rambling away up here, and you haven't met the other crew members yet!"
>Pru stands and clops toward the door, gesturing for you to follow.
>"Come on. I'll give you a quick tour on the way!"
>>
>>28591253
Follow her out of the room.
>>
>>28591253
At least they're friendly. Sure, take her up on the tour!

Hopefully our shoulder surgery wasn't performed via probe. You know how saucer-ponies roll.
>>
>>28591253
Alright, gonna have to call it there.

I desperately need to sleep.

Back tomorrow!
>>
>>28591417
Night, Rocketeer.
>>
beb
>>
>>28594373
>>
>>28595079
>>
>>28596011
>>
File: Escape_Velocity_Nova_Title.jpg (51KB, 832x624px) Image search: [Google]
Escape_Velocity_Nova_Title.jpg
51KB, 832x624px
>escape velocity
>captain is nova
?
>>
>>28597494
Wow
That's totally a coincidence.
I'd never even heard of the game till someone mentioned it the first time I started the quest.

I came up with the title by literally googling "space terms".
>>
>>28597655
It's a fantastic game, actually, my favorite. Sadly super obscure, and the company that made it (and therefore the IP holders) are nothing but a group of faceless lawyers holding the IP, similar to STALKER's parent company nowadays. I'll be following this CYOA from now on and making suggestions from the game
>>
>>28597655
>googling "space terms"
I've played Kerbal Space Program to the point that I actually find this somewhat insulting
>>
Captain Hector vs Captain Nova fucking when
>>
>>28597036
>>
>>28597717

Go for it!
The story's here for your enjoyment.
>>
>>28591275
>>28591282

>You follow the grey mare into the hall.
>All things considered, these strange... space... ponies... seem nice enough.
>They did take the time to heal your wound (that they also caused).

>As you clop along behind Pru, you start to wonder how exactly what they claim was a deep wound seems to have healed so quickly.
>Hopefully it wasn't some kind of weird probe surgery...
>A lot of the old stories about invaders from space seemed to end that way...

>"She isn't the biggest as far as freighters go, but she's sturdy and can hold her own in a dogfight!"
>Pru gestures affectionately around at the ship as she speaks, leading you toward the space of open air at the hall's end.
>As you approach, you realize the hallway ends in a balcony of sorts overlooking a large open room.
>Boxes and random bits of equipment are scattered across the floor, and the room seems to extend back beneath your feet.

>Pru grins as she gently pats the balcony's railing.
>"I can't tell you how many times this ship's helped me through a tough situation."
>>
>>28600961
What's her name?
>>
>>28600961
"I've never seen anything quite like it, that's for sure."
>>
>>28600961
I can't imagine. I literally cannot imagine. I'm still coping with the whole "I'm actually on a spaceship" part.
>>
>>28601047
>>28601023
>>28601013

"I still can't believe I'm actually on a spaceship..."
>You marvel at your surroundings, blowing air through your teeth.
"I've never seen anything quite like it, that's for sure."
>You glance back at Pru.
>The look of pride in her eyes as you take in what you assume is her ship is unmistakable.
"What's her name?"

>Pru cracks up a bit at that, giggling to herself.
>"She's called the Solar Seagull."
>The grey mare winks playfully at you.
>"Ask Nova about that one sometime. Now come on!"
>Swinging herself over the railing, Pru mounts a bright yellow ladder sticking out from the open room's shared wall.
>Moments later, the two of you now stand on the wide, open floor below, surrounded by bits and bobs and boxes.
>>
>>28601152
So uh, what do you do when you're not stealing from deer?
>>
>>28601184
>"Stealing from who?"
>>
File: 1419372052242.png (101KB, 301x343px)
1419372052242.png
101KB, 301x343px
>>28601191
Don't be like that.
>>
>>28601191
Space aliens. I mean other aliens. Forget it.
>>
>>28601191
Word of advice, ALWAYS write in dialogue from the MC. Makes it looked half-assed and, in my opinion, breaks immersion.

Ask what's up with all these boxes and stuff.
>>
>>28601223
>>28601238

>Again with this.
>"Sorry, the uh... aliens... Nevermind."
>Pru cocks her head, but doesn't ask anything further.
>You shift your attention back to the room.
"So what are all these boxes?"
>The grey mare waves a hoof dismissively.
>"Bit and bobs, mostly. Merchandise from deals that fell through, equipment, artifacts we decided to keep. And back through here..."
>She waves for you to follow, trotting into the mess of boxes beneath the balcony.
>"Is Ryker's workshop."
>A single open doorway is set into the wall at the back, the light inside casting long shadows across the floor toward you.
>"I'm sure they're excited to meet you!"
>>
>>28601367
Who's Ryker?
>>
>>28601367
Who?
>>
>>28601367
They?
>>
>>28601377
>>28601391
>>28601420

"Who's Ryker? Why would he be excited to see me?"
>She smiles.
>"Well, I think Pistol will be the more excited of the two, but Ryker is our resident engineering expert. Pistol is his self-proclaimed assistant."
>She pushes you forward with her muzzle.
>"But enough from me. Go introduce yourself!"

Pausing here. I'll try to be back tomorrow, but plans could keep me. Got all day Sunday to run, though. Cheers!
>>
File: Dubs_PBH.jpg (43KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Dubs_PBH.jpg
43KB, 256x256px
>>28601511
Goodnight, Rocketeer.
>>
beb
>>
>>28602626
>>
Missed Rocketeer bump
>>
>>28604926
>>
>>28602626
>>
>>28606877
>>
>>28607397
>>
>>28608384
>>
>>28609483
>>
>>28610369
>>
>>28610845
>>
>>28611997
>>
>>28601511

>The light shining through the doorway causes you to squint after the box room's dimness.
>As you enter, the sound of metal striking metal pierces your ears, but it ceases almost immediately as you hear a soft gasp.

>"Ryker! The ground pony's awake!"
>Turning toward the voice, you immediately lock eyes with one of the largest ponies you've ever seen.
>A golden-brown stallion with short, dark mane stands bent over a table.
>A pair of black goggles of some sort rest atop his head, but you notice dark rings around his eyes where they must have been.
>There is no way such a bright, feminine voice came from such a pony, however, and at that moment you notice the young mare sitting atop the counter behind him.
>She grins widely at you, orange wings flapping in excitement and green eyes sparkling beneath her wild, red mane.

>"So he is."
>The stallion's voice booms as he himself casts a smile your way.
>"Good to see you up and about. Nasty wound you picked up out there."

Thanks for being patient, guys. Gonna be responding more or less all day, so let's make it count!
>>
>>28614103
Thank him and introduce self.
>>
>>28614103
You are huge...I mean...nice to meet you!
>>
>>28614340
>>28614441

>You're momentarily taken aback by his imposing presence.
"Er... Thanks! Nice to meet you!"

>You nod politely at each of them.
"I'm Stormy Night, but you can just call me Storm."
>"Hi, Storm!"
>The mare on the counter--hardly more than a filly, really--chirps excitedly, waving a wing in greeting.
>The stallion chuckles and nods his own greeting.
>"Good to meet you too, Storm. I'm Ryker, and this little cannonball back here is Pistol. Welcome to the workshop!"
>>
>>28614955
Workshop? So you make things here?
>>
>>28614955
So I'm gonna be stuck here for a while it seems, and Pru said you might have some work for me. Don't suppose you need another assistant?
>>
>>28614995
>>28614996

"The workshop? So you make things here?"
>"If I get the feeling for it, sure. Most times I'm just here tinkering or making repairs, though."
>He gestures to the mess of parts strewn across his table as he speaks.
>Nothing you can make head nor tail of.

>You shuffle nervously.
"Well, uh... Miss Pru said I'd be stuck here a while, and... She suggested you might have some work for me?"
>You glance between the two ponies.
"Maybe you could use another assistant or something?"
>The mare, Pistol, fluffs up indignantly at that, her muzzle scrunching up.
>"I'm not an assistant! We're partners!"
>Like a firecracker, her mood seems to have changed in a flash.
>You see Ryker stifling a chuckle in your peripherals.
>>
>>28615223
Give Ryker a wink, then say we thought he was the assistant.
>>
>>28615223
What? I was under the impression that Ryker is your assistant, Pistol.
>>
>>28615223
So why don't you tell me about yourselves?
>>
>>28615257
>>28615314
>>28615336

>Casting a knowing glance to Ryker, you smile disarmingly at Pistol.
"Oh I'm sorry! I was under the impression that he was YOUR assistant."
>The mare glares at your for a moment, but finally averts her eyes as her ears fold back slightly.
>"Yeah, well... That's more like it."
>You can't help but chuckle at that.

"So I was wondering... I'm obviously going to be here a while. What should I expect from everyone?"
>"What should you expect? Hmm..."
>Ryker strokes his chin for a moment.
>"Well, I can tell you right now, the Cap'n will get on your nerves more often than not. He's a good guy when it comes down to it, though, and Pru definitely keeps him in line."
>He chuckles.
>"If he's ever rubbing you the wrong way, feel free to come down here and get some peace and quiet. We have fun down here. Don't we, P?"
>He grins back at Pistol, who is still slouched on the counter, grumbling to herself.
>"Assistant.. The nerve..."
>Ryker shakes his, letting out a good-natured sigh.
>"Don't mind her, she'll forget all about it when something else gets her attention"

>At that moment, a crackling fills the air as Nova's voice echoes around the room in that strange tinny cadence.
>"Ryker, we'll be docking at the destination soon. Make sure the package is prepped for transport, would ya?"
>>
>>28615653
The package? He must mean the artifact, right? Where are we landing anyway?
>>
>>28615653
I want to talk to Pistol. Ask her to tell us about her and what she likes to do.
>>
Gotta pause for a couple hours. Be back at 6:30-7ish.
>>
beb
>>
>>28616962
>>
>>28618163
>>
>>28618989
>>
>>28619575
>>
>>28621393
>>
>>28622410
>>
>>28616962
>>
>>28624511
>>
>>28625701
>>
>>28624511
>>
File: LiZm0Ty.jpg (286KB, 600x960px) Image search: [Google]
LiZm0Ty.jpg
286KB, 600x960px
posting space because why not
>>
File: 2ZiWzrO.jpg (313KB, 600x960px) Image search: [Google]
2ZiWzrO.jpg
313KB, 600x960px
>>28628060
>>
>>28628090
>>
>>28616274
we waited
>>
>>28616274
what fucking timezone do you live in
>>
File: 1461100953032.gif (2MB, 350x242px) Image search: [Google]
1461100953032.gif
2MB, 350x242px
>>
>>28633524
heh
>>
>>28633531
>>
>>28616274
...And he never came back.
>>
>>28634909
Regardless, we bumped fruitlessly
>>
So... What other quests have Rocketeer made?
>>
>>28635944
Every quest that died without getting anywhere
>>
>>28636201
You think that will happen to this one as well?
>>
File: op please come back.png (235KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
op please come back.png
235KB, 900x900px
>>
>>28635944
This one. Twice before. It's never gotten further than this.
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.