[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now i can finally make my judgement Animation: ok/10 good and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

Now i can finally make my judgement

Animation: ok/10

good and expressive, but the character's movement sometimes are stiff. It looks like that the best animation still is in the pony show.

Writing: meh/10

No seriously the dialogues are lazy and predictable. The characters by the way are still in character but sometimes they are too cliched.

Story: marketing/10

No no no, the story makes more sense the previous one but still feel rushed and lazy and the whole transformation thing feel forced. What about the crystals? Are they the equivalent of the elements of harmony or they are just colored things? Why they don't want to explain shit?

Songs: i'msorryIngram/10

The songs are few, all similar and aren't memorable at all. They are not at the same level of the show or the previous movies. This is quite a step back. The only song i somewhat enjoyed is the twiggy one.

In conclusion, the story is rushed and predictable, the characters are just cliched, the songs just aren't something worth any attention. The animation is good but not enough to save a movie that can't get you involved. This is by far the worst EQG movie.
>>
>>28568451
>The songs are few, all similar and aren't memorable at all. They are not at the same level of the show or the previous movies

I'm sorry guy, but yea most are underwhelming but Legend You Are Meant To Be is the best song since RR, that song is fucking crack. The rest are pretty forgettable though yeah.
>>
>>28568451
OP here, I have added another category

Attractive girls: perfect/10

Screw those >no hooves faggots. These girls have god tier bodies which I fap to twice a day.

After a recount, I can say that this is by far the best EQG movie.
>>
>>28568466
>OP here,
>There are 3 posters in this thread.

OP here,

yes i find the sexiness of the characters is quite a thing but

>nohooves

is enough for me to not bring my penis into the discussion
>>
File: Sunset Shiggy.jpg (61KB, 654x405px) Image search: [Google]
Sunset Shiggy.jpg
61KB, 654x405px
>anything
>WORSE than the first movie
>>
>>28568472
Can you at least explain how you think this movie is worse than EqG 1 when every character was 100% retarded, the animation was 0/10, the songs were all garbage popshit, and the story was literally just prom until the end
>>
>>28568479
the first movie has

>ponies

the characters yes are retarded but at least it had a slightly better story, the animation was ok for the time and the songs were all garbage shit but there were more memorable songs than in LoE
>>
Any good links since the movie was released? Jewtube videos have been C&D by hashew.
>>
>>28568499
search for the torrent
>>
>>28568488
>it had a slightly better story
Absolutely not
It was absolutely loaded with pointless scenes where the conflict originated from characters being stupid and unlike normal people like with the m5 deciding to never ask about the texts, Luna not being able to tell that the images of Twilight were LITERALLY cut and pasted together, and nobody thinking that they should try to just take the crown without having to suffer through the election.

>there were more memorable songs than in LoE
>memorable = good
Stupid fucking meme this is
All of the songs in LoE outdo Helping Twilight Win the Crown because it's the most, uninspired, generic trash while the ones in LoE are heavily plot-based
>>
>>28568499
The netflix version is on yayponies
>>
>>28568479
The songs were great in the first EQG, if anything it's it's saving grace how great the songs were. Especially the intro theme and "A Friend For Life"
>>
>>28568507
What is the difference between Netlflix version?
>>
>>28568506
>Absolutely not
"an interdimensional evil pony comes to the human world to steal the crown of power" is a, and i repeat, SLIGHTLY better story than the overused "a monster attacks a camp". If it is not better, at least is a little more original.

>Stupid fucking meme this is

still is that a bunch of songs that at least can be easily retained in memory have some more merits than a bunch of all-the-same songs that i already have forgotten.
But yeah both are shit except few.
>>
>>28568512
No shitty color correction, no watermarks, no ads
Other than that it's the same
>>28568531
>all-the-same songs
wew lad
every single song is different in a major way
maybe you didn't actually pay attention
>>
>>28568506
Helping Twilight Win the Crown isn't the best eqg song at all, but it did serve the purpose of uniting the students together, instead of staying in their own groups. And that carried over into the sequels, so it is actually a pretty big plot point.

>>28568512
Better colors and picture quality, no watermark or the even worse annoying pop up ads.
>>
>>28568538
>every single song is different in a major way

yes, but except the last one, all the songs "feel" the same.
They are "different" but not enough to stand for their own.
>>
>>28568466
>perfect/10
>those legs
Opinion discarded, trashed, recycled and thrown out again.
>>
File: dear princess twilight.jpg (90KB, 736x1086px) Image search: [Google]
dear princess twilight.jpg
90KB, 736x1086px
>>28568547
>hates legs
I don't care about the opinions of literal faggots
>>
>>28568555
I said what I said precisely because I like legs. And eqg legs are horrible.
>>
Is there any place/source/version, etc where I can get an English subtitle for the movie?
I reaally need that because of my spoken English hearing.
>>
>>28568542
>Helping Twilight Win the Crown isn't the best eqg song at all
But it is the best EQG song.
>>
File: 1473984523930.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473984523930.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>28568557
Well, you can't really expect something like this to do anime-level legs.
Other than that, they were alright.
>>
>>28568575
>liking weeb legs
>not the super pone hind legs
>>
>>28568591
I meant as far as leg "fanservice" and detail goes, there's a limit on what EQG can do.
And I wasn't talking about ponies, because they are clearly superior by default.
>>
>>28568564
No, anon, that would be Friendship Through the Ages.
>>
EQG 1 had the saving grace of being surprising when Sunset turned into a literal demon and we got some magical girl shit. If that had happened 30-45 minutes in instead of in the last 5, it would have been something interesting.
RR had great songs, threatening villains and a solid "high school but very magic" premise that worked. If the main characters weren't too busy shitting on Sunset and each other and actually participated in the plot for most of it, it would have been on par with the best episodes of pony. As it is it's still definitely the best EQG movie.
Friendship Games was ALL over the place. SciTwi was interesting and had a solid motive, which was really grounding. Why they bothered to make the anti-mane 6 out of the shadowbolts only to do nothing with it in the climax or even give 3/6 of them more than one line I've yet to understand. Cinch's motivation could have been played a little campier rather than so serious, which I think would have helped make the friendship games events themselves seem a little less ridiculous. The games were barely anything and obviously just "little girls like the hunger games, so there's archery! moto-cross is cool! oh shit we're out of ideas... find a flag!" FG had a lot of potential and squandered it by choosing to focus on the "big stakes" of the games without pinning anything on our main characters but the pressure of winning something we haven't seen them train for or even really work at for more than a scene, so you spend the whole movie waiting for the magic (which again, the magic scenes are always the best by a mile.)
cont in next post because apparently i have a lot to say about nohooves.
>>
>>28568734
LOE is the second best because it finally strikes a balance between actual slice of life and magic shenanigans. The mane 5 are still a little slow and hold up the plot, but Sunset and SciTwi have actual conflict and are very easy to root for. The conflict at camp was to the point and didn't try and complicate things by making the "school spirit" segments actual tension or plot points, but rather the slice of life segments serve as a place for the characters to deal with the conflict of "oh shit i'm magic now." The magic happens throughout the movie and is integral to the plot, rather than being the last five minutes. That really made it easier to watch because the plots were intertwined rather than being two separate tracks in the film. It sets up a much better universe for these characters to inhabit, because now magic can be in 100% of the next movie without seeming out of place. I fully expect a more superhero esque movie next time around based on what LOE set up, and wouldn't doubt that the marketing research showed kids liked the part where the girls kick ass rather than when they're busy yelling over dresses.
>>
>>28568750
I still see EQG5 being not to action focused though.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.