[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has this board ruined MLP for anybody else? What used to be a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 21

File: images.png (8KB, 255x198px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
8KB, 255x198px
Has this board ruined MLP for anybody else? What used to be a fun ride of magic and friendship years ago has been tainted by the stink of literal retards
>>
>>28566034
I honestly don't know what you expected from a board on 4chan.
>>
>>28566034
>Says the dashfag
>>
File: 1475123568206.jpg (28KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1475123568206.jpg
28KB, 256x256px
>>28566034
A thread died so you could post this retaded shit. Do the world a favor and kill yourself.
>>
I blame the Internet for making me a jaded, insecure fuck about video games.
>>
>>28566034
>other peoples' opinions affect my own
>>
>>28566082
>implying I'm a Dashfag
I just posted that image so you put the blame on them haha

>>28566150
This isn't /v/
>>
File: 1474683635615.png (30KB, 395x124px)
1474683635615.png
30KB, 395x124px
>>28566034
>letting other people ruin things for you
The only retard I see here is you, OP. If you feel like a place is ruining something for you, fucking leave. No one is forcing you to stay here.
>>
File: 1458481387703.gif (325KB, 370x330px) Image search: [Google]
1458481387703.gif
325KB, 370x330px
>>28566082
>le post pony = pony is waifu xDD
>>
>>28566168
>pretending to be retarded
>>
>>28566034
Yep. Cant watch an episode without visualizing a main character being fucked in every orifice.
>>
>>28566186
>implying that's bad
>>
>>28566162
>>28566175
>not letting other people ruin things for you
>being this alpha
>having fun
fucking normies
>>
File: DELET.gif (677KB, 426x252px)
DELET.gif
677KB, 426x252px
>>28566202
>Normie
Take that back, or I'll make you regret it. Mark my fucking words, anon.
>>
Nah. It was the writing combined with the overarching plot that ruined the show for me. They went in a direction I didn't like.
>>
>>28566255
Yeah cause your fanfiction is so much better, fagola
>>
>>28566294

Nice job assuming I write or read fanfiction. The show should have ended at season 3
>>
>>28566294
ouch
>>
>>28566347
>The show should have ended at season 3

The show got better after season 3, and season 3 was easily the weakest season so....by no logic does that make sense.

Also stop using spoilers when there are no actual spoilers you fucking retard.
>>
This board hasn't ruined a thing for me. If anything it's an enhancement. MLP is a children's cartoon after all, and a few more layers of lies, deceit, and frustration for the characters just makes it better.
"There is no telling when the subtext of a thing may defeat that thing."
>>
>>28566397

You're right, season 3 wasn't all that great. But saying the show has gotten better after it is a joke. The small home setting of Ponyville made the trips to big cities seem grand and exciting. It kept the characters feeling real and relatable while keeping them focused on their own lives instead of the greater good of the whole world. The focus of the episodes was always kept between the thoughts and actions of the main 6 (for the most part) and while the plot of the episode may not have been always directly on the main six, the focus of the tension and ideas were always between them. It wasn't about 6 woman running around trying to save the world or help other people, it was about them trying to help oneanother and move forward with their own goals. The show has changed gears so much after season 4 I can't fucking stand it. I won't say there aren't redeemable episodes here and there, but my overall view of the show has become that it is bland and unfocused. The writing of the characters has gotten worse over time and the world has gotten smaller while the main 6 keep getting bigger. The sharpness of the show has gotten better and it looks much better than it did years ago, which is a positive, but the art direction has gone to shit. Reaction faces are placed in and held on screen much longer, the city and town styles have changed from fantasy to more modern, and there tends to be a lot more noise going on in the picture.
>>
File: 1427072317206.gif (798KB, 600x505px) Image search: [Google]
1427072317206.gif
798KB, 600x505px
>>28566478
Format, nigga. Ain't nobody gonna read that shit.
>>
>>28566529
I did and you didn't miss anything, it's mostly retarded.
>>
>>28566529

That's not a good excuse not to read an argument you don't like. I've read plenty of shittily formated text blocks before just to hear someones opinion.
>>
>>28566541

>Mostly retarded.

Thanks for reading and not giving a reasonable response.
>>
File: valleyponies.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
valleyponies.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>28566478
Yeah pal uh, whatever I'm not going to bother with everything you just said, but I will comment on a couple things that caught my eye whilst skimming

> It wasn't about 6 woman running around trying to save the world or help other people, it was about them trying to help oneanother and move forward with their own goals

They have moved forward with their own goals, that's the thing....there has to be new fodder. Ironically one of the most common complaints on this board used to be "UGH, THIS SAME LESSON AGAIN? DIDN'T _INSERT MANE 6 NAME HERE_ GET OVER THIS ALREADY? I WANT DEVELOPMENT

Now that there is development, you all cry. Which brings me back to the point of this fandom stinking of literal retards.

>the city and town styles have changed from fantasy to more modern, and there tends to be a lot more noise going on in the picture.

It was always a mix of modern and old aesthetics, but I will give you that one point...I still like the show but the one thing I miss dearly is the fantasy feeling that seems to not be there anymore....and it's less about the art style to me and more about the environment, there aren't many random monster encounters or anything...they're there sprinkled in, but it doesn't feel "wild" like it used to with beasts lurking about
>>
>>28566529
>that Event Horizon reference
>>
The irrational, wild eyed, hysterical, negative reaction by some to Mare Do Well, Derpy, EQG, Twilight's wings, and the harassment of show staff on Twitter ruined the show for me.

I started watching at the start of S2, so I had about 7 weeks of an enjoyable fandom before it turned autistic.
>>
>>28566553

Again, I guess you can't put together peices. I said I think it should have ended on season 3 because the show was close to moving past the main characters. I don't understand why people can't handling reading a little bit of text and just pick out small pieces to nitpick. How is it so hard to read less than 1500 characters. Again, you wanted discussion and reasoning and I gave it to you. Give me what you believe is a solid reasoning on why the show has gotten better since the ends of season 3/4. I promise I won't skim it like you did and will give my whole thought process to it.
>>
File: this.png (75KB, 691x574px) Image search: [Google]
this.png
75KB, 691x574px
I'll put it this way, I'm glad I left when I did.
>>
>>28566034
The show? No.
The fandom? Yes.
>>
File: 1474819660847.png (376KB, 600x512px)
1474819660847.png
376KB, 600x512px
>>28566605
>Says he left
>Still here
>>
File: 1473476531670.gif (3MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1473476531670.gif
3MB, 300x225px
>>28566641
>>
>>28566651
Love you too boo. Quints.
>>
>>28566591
Because, once again, your 'discussion' was mostly retarded.
Just because you have one potentially valid point doesn't mean the others weren't fucking stupid.
You didn't have a coherent argument and I don't think anyone here is stupid enough to try and dispute >opinions

>>28566553
This nerd addressing other parts of your entire spiel doesn't make it nitpicking at all. Those were just areas you were flat-out wrong about.
I'd add that bit about the world getting smaller as well, seeing as in the past two seasons we've seen more of it than pretty much ever before.
I don't think you want discussion, you just want people the yes-man you.

>>28566663
>Quints
So close, yet so far.
>>
File: 1456591577793.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1456591577793.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>28566663
an attempt was made

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take
>>
>>28566676

When I say the world has gotten smaller, I mean that instead of it seeming like a big, wide place, it has sort of been dwarfed by what we've been shown through the fight between the magic of Twilight and Glimmer. Again, all you can say is 'Your points are retarded'. You give 0 reasoning and back up a person who claimed to not even have read most of what I posted. If that isn't ignorant, I don't know what is.
>>
>>28566591
>I don't understand why people can't handling reading a little bit of text and just pick out small pieces to nitpick

That's what I did you vapid nonce

>Give me what you believe is a solid reasoning on why the show has gotten better since the ends of season 3/4. I promise I won't skim it like you did and will give my whole thought process to it.

Simple, better episodes. I'm not even of the opinion that S3 was THE WORST POSSIBLE THING, but it was mediocre and underwhelming...S4 IMO was full of funny, cute, and generally great episodes...idk what the fuck you want me to say I'm not going to tell you that it's the same as S1 or 2, it isn't, but it also isn't the same as S3, it was better and had more good episodes, so was S5 but I tend to prefer S4 to S5. I already told you how I feel about about the couple reasons you had that the show "sucks now" and I told you that one is totally illegitimate and the other I can sympathize with, but isn't a reason to abandon the show for me personally.
>>
File: 1433045302981.gif (3MB, 297x300px) Image search: [Google]
1433045302981.gif
3MB, 297x300px
ponychan > /mlp/
>>
>>28566701

OK, I don't know what you want, but saying something is good and cute does nothing but say generic terms. The reason the character writing was better back in the day is because they didn't have one-off characters, they had characters that they could build off of. They didn't keep throwing new fodder that they did nothing with at you as the main focus of an episode. You say the writing has gotten better, but it has gotten worse. The focus that is given to Glimmer is some that that was needed, but the character is flawed from the beginning. The reason people can enjoy a character is because the character is realistic in ideas, temperament, and action. You can not take a sociopath who controls and manipulates people and turn her into a good guy without completely destroying what made her unique and different. She is a character who's only growth can be gained through complete destruction. If there are any other characters that are being giving real treatment and development in the newer seasons, please point them out.
>>
>>28566717
You're a big reason ponychan sucks now, it has been shit ever since the merger so much that even this shithole is better
>>
File: ah duhnno.png (565KB, 855x717px)
ah duhnno.png
565KB, 855x717px
>>28566717
>dead > alive
I don't get it.
>>
Seeing as this is a show discussion thread, I'll just weigh in to say I just watched PPOV and thought it was really great, even though it was a roshamon episode. This is coming from someone who's disliked most of S6. You negative fucks said it was one of the shittiest of the season, you shitbags. This is why I don't post in the sticky!
>>
>>28566737
>The reason the character writing was better back in the day is because they didn't have one-off characters, they had characters that they could build off of

Like who, Trixie who has appeared in an entire whopping three episodes? Or Gilda who has been in two? OH SO MUCH BETTER THEN THOSE ONE OFFS LIKE MAUD PIE AND COCO

>You say the writing has gotten better, but it has gotten worse. The focus that is given to Glimmer is some that that was needed, but the character is flawed from the beginning.

Glimmer didn't exist until S5, I was talking about S4 primarily....and she was a perfect villain for S5, and in S6 she is hardly the "focus", she is in a few episodes tops....I'm done, you don't even watch the fucking show you nitwit
>>
>>28566814
>the peace of the grave > life with painful, incurable aids
>>
>>28566795
that's just needlessly hurtful, anon. and untrue. it was the right decision.
>>
File: 1457616616265.jpg (55KB, 612x563px) Image search: [Google]
1457616616265.jpg
55KB, 612x563px
>>28566817
>Sticky is almost always 90% positive with the occassional moeposter
>You negative fucks
>>
File: breaking-news.png (61KB, 640x360px)
breaking-news.png
61KB, 640x360px
>>28566828
>Implying I'm not a masochist
Good job on ponychan tho, you really killed it over there :^)
>>
>>28566864
I just looked up /10 to gauge general opinion on it and well over half of them were retards complaining about people giving the episode 9/10 and 10/10, and like two actual scores that high. Maybe it was just a few dedicated autists but there was a lot of negativity, way more than usual.
>>
>>28566872
Then it was a mercy killing and it went out with some small measure of dignity. It was going to die one way or the other, in that event.
>>
>>28566824

The main focus back before Twilight's ascension was Twilight and friends. Every episode both plot and idea-wise revolved around them. There are occasional episodes that bring focus back to them but most have been pretty piss poor as they tend to take characteristics of the focus character of the episode and exaggerate or destroy them for the sake of whatever plot and theme the episode was about. The fact that you say 'Shimmer, the reoccurring character and obvious main focus for the season based on the opener, random episodes throughout the season, and the finale is not the main focus' is fucking insane. I'm lost at your rebuttals and so fucking confused on why you like this show other than 'It's cute and FUN!'. I'm guessing you're one of those faggots who doesn't watch other cartoon and just sits around here because of the 'sense of community' because that's typically all those fucks can ever give as a reason why they enjoy or enjoyed the show.
>>
>>28566847
Was it? Cause I don't agree
>>
>>28566824
Not him but.
> in S6 she is hardly the "focus"
>She gets a final dedicated to her.
No, S6 is supposed to be about Glimmer, she only has three episodes, one sub plot, and a hand full of cameo appearances. You can chalk that up to bad writing.
>>
>>28568360
>bad writing
Ok Doug Walker, let's see your brilliant script eh?

I am really getting sick of everyone on this board pretending they know what it takes to make a good show, or even write a decent episode to one simply because they probably greentexted some poor shit about a pony getting raped and some other total moron said "good jerb anon I cummed!"
>>
>>28568411
>let's see your brilliant script
Hey, Anon, do you think this is a good house? No? Then build a better house yourself.

That's exactly how you sound.
>>
>>28568411
So I can't criticize the bad food I'm eating because I'm not a chef? How about any bad paintings I see. Nope not an artist either. Oh how about stupid philosophy? Nope I'm not a philosopher, so of course I'm to stupid to understand it.

Seriously the whole "You must do this to criticize." is fucking bullshit, and you know it. Glimmer has been written badly this S6, in fact go into her thread, you'll get a mixed responses over how her character is this season.
>>
>>28568415
No it isn't, considering many people like the show and you're saying the only reason you're superior to these people is that you DON'T enjoy it

You're a vocal minority, the worst kind
>>
>>28568426
I'm sorry, Mr. Nixon, but the exact same thing could be said about those smut greentexts you don't like. In literally every single shitty fetish thread, those fics get more praise than negative responses. So, please, explain to me why those are "shit" but no one can criticize the show. Please, I mean it.
>>
>>28568445
>exact same thing could be said about those smut greentexts you don't like. In literally every single shitty fetish thread, those fics get more praise than negative responses. So, please, explain to me why those are "shit" but no one can criticize the show. Please, I mean it.

Because they're smut greentexts and not canon, so they're shit and irrelevant to My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic
>>
>>28568453
Hey anon, show us some of your greentext that aren't shit. Until then you can't criticize them.
>>
>>28568453
>not canon
Holy fuck. Really? Have you even tried? Is that your definition of "shit"?

Lullaby for a Princess isn't canon, so it's shit. Princess Spike is canon, so it can't be criticized. Absolutely brilliant, Anon. Great fucking job.
>>
>>28568461
I don't write fanfiction because I'm not a faggot.

>>28568462
I don't care about what fans do, I'm here because I love MLP FIM, not because I want to circle jerk a bunch of fucking autists who can't even make their own project but have to hijack the ideas of others to be creative.
>>
>>28568516
Great arguments faggot. So glad you know exactly why everyone comes to this board, and somehow you're the only one to actually love mlp. Man it must be hard living in that bubble of yours.
>>
>>28568529
There were no "arguments", simply statements. I'm not arguing with an imbecile such as yourself. Also your little "bubble" insult doesn't work, you jackass. You tell someone they're "living in a bubble" when things are easy for them, not when they're "hard"
>>
>>28566034
I don't know, I'm still having fun and catching diabeetus when I watch my candy colored equines.

Maybe something's wrong with you.
>>
But all of you hate things I want to like (such as...you know...THE FUCKING SHOW).
>>
>>28568539
>I'm not arguing with an imbecile such as yourself.
>Yet he thinks he's the only one here that like's mlp.

Good job, want to keep making yourself look like an idiot?

>You tell someone they're "living in a bubble" when things are easy for them, not when they're "hard"

The fuck does that even mean? You for some unknown reason think it's hard to like this show? No it's not, what's hard is crying like the autistic baby that you are. I can criticize this show and still like it with absolutely no problems. Just because I don't plug my ears and la away all the criticism that the show has all ways had, doesn't mean I'm a " vocal minority" who is " superior to these people is that you DON'T enjoy it". Fuck you, and go back to your shitty hug box if you can't handle people having a different opinion than you.
>>
>>28568582
>go back to your shitty hug box if you can't handle people having a different opinion than you.

Sounds like that's what you need to do faggot, I'm calling you out for being an imbecile and here you are crying about it. KYS desu.
>>
>>28568615
>KYS desu.

And You're a prime example o why /mlp/ can't have show discussion.
>>
>>28566034
>never was one mlp
>see this on Popular Threads
yes. it looks like r9k and weeboo kind of things.
>>
>>28568622
>le fedora meme XD
upbaoted my good sir
>>
File: 1458849874430.jpg (19KB, 500x496px)
1458849874430.jpg
19KB, 500x496px
Here's what you do.
Leave this place for about a week or so.
Watch a new episode or an older episode that you really enjoyed,maybe have a few drinks while you're at it.
Then, if you were able to avoid this place for a little bit, try to only come back every once in a while.
This place doesn't suck all the fun out of the show but it will if you stay too long.
This place like other boards /x/ /pol/ etc, are only nice in small doses
>>
>>28568516

>I'm here because I blindly love a product without giving any actual thought and reasoning to my rational.

Nice one shithead.
>>
>>28566034
The porn tainted it more, it hasn't ruined it as much as made me literally ashamed to be associated with any of you. It's a show that was meant for little girls, and you retarded jackoff entitled manbabies couldn't let them have it. I pretty much hate you all for that.

Abondoning thread, don't bother.
>>
File: 1464085376170.png (3MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1464085376170.png
3MB, 1200x1600px
>>28570048
Oh, I feel so ashamed.
>>
>>28566175
There is no undoing the damage.
>>
>>28568411
> Dat defense

So you're implying that you need to be a writer to have a valid opinion about the writing?
>>
>>28566717
hahaha
>>
>>28568516
>I'm here to suck Hasbro's cock and make sandwitchs and I'm all out of bread !
>>
File: dofi lel.jpg (41KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
dofi lel.jpg
41KB, 480x480px
>>28570048
>>
>>28566034
Then stop coming here, faggot, and take your shit waifu with you. No one is making you come here, and no one wants you to.
>>
File: 1454648587695.gif (126KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1454648587695.gif
126KB, 720x480px
>>28570048
>the porn tainted it
>>
>>28566034
Not really. /mlp/ still has some people around who care more about what they love than what they hate and who know how to communicate without needing their opinion to sound superior to everyone else's.

Basically, /mlp/ isn't /v/ yet.
>>
>>28570048
>literally ashamed

Before you use a word, ask yourself whether its use in the current context would mean anything. If the answer is no, perhaps you'd be better off leaving it out.
>>
>>28566034
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.