[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what is Sunset Shimmer the element of?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: sunset.jpg (95KB, 587x538px) Image search: [Google]
sunset.jpg
95KB, 587x538px
In the Legend of Everfree she pretty much BTFO'd the mane 5 in all their respective elements. She was kind, loyal, honest, and always kept her spirits up.

So what is she really the element of? Memories? Hope? Friendship itself?
>>
>>28551223
Maybe life.
>>
>>28551223
Hasbro says Redemption
http://equestriagirls.hasbro.com/en-us/girls/eg/sunsetshimmer
McCarthy said Empathy

Or maybe the gems aren't the elements at all since they didn't do the whole "call out what each character stands for" thing
>>
File: Aw Shucks.png (717KB, 867x985px) Image search: [Google]
Aw Shucks.png
717KB, 867x985px
>>28551235
She's a big element of my life, for sure
>>
The Elements of Harmony don't exist in whatever realm that is....and in Equestria, it seems that the elements just are what they are and it's not like new ones can just be made up (but we'll see about that, who knows if they would dare to make a new element for Glimmer like absolute madmen) but as is, the elements are the only ones that exist

So, that being said she isn't the element of anything, but she is a pony and she does have a cutie mark which is a magical one....so, yeah she's just OP like Twilight and Starlight
>>
>>28551223
Bacon.
>>
>>28551223
She's not an element of harmony. EQG doesn't follow any rules, so she gets to be one of the rangers and have her own color in the rainbow but that's about it.
>>
>>28551237
I think it is empathy, her power fits perfectly with that idea. Redemption is a little too nebulous and is not something inherit in friendship.
>>
>>28551237
>>28551265
>empathy
I like it.
What's the difference between kindness and empathy though?
>>
>>28551287
just being nice to someone doesn't mean you necessarily empathize with their situations

and vice versa, you can empathize with someone who is in a rough situation (like SciTwi getting bullied by her peers in Crystal Prep), but not necessarily be kind

she's not doing it to be nice to others, she's doing it because there's a better way to go about handling the circumstances everyone finds themselves in
>>
>>28551311
Scitwi was a cunt though.
>>
I think she's just a spinoff of magic as wearing Twilight's crown made her that way in the first place. Since magic is synonymous with friendship in this series, and one could agure that friendship is really just having empathy for others as Jesse Wood once suggested, the element of magic turned her into a more fitting version of itself to accommodate the human world. Sci-Twi getting her powers from all humane 6 probably created some combination that basically made her a more traditional element of magic that's just as powerful as the one in Equestria.

Tldr: Sunset is a bootleg element of magic and Sci-Twi is a bootleg so good it's pretty much the real thing.
>>
File: empathy vs kindness.png (14KB, 617x316px) Image search: [Google]
empathy vs kindness.png
14KB, 617x316px
>>28551287
Pic related. They sound samey but are distinct virtues.
>>
bestiality
>>
>>28551223
I always thought Humility
>>
It's basically confirmed that shes element of empathy
>>
Considering her power was about being able to read other's feelings and memories I'm going with empathy
>>
the element of Hasbro
>>
the element of Marketing
>>
>>28551711
How do the powers of the M5 translate into their elements?

>yeaaah I have ultra speed! LOYALTY!

EQG is that stupid
>>
>>28551726
No one ever said loyalty translate to speed in the movie
>>
>>28551223
The element of non-canonicity.
>>
File: Giggly horsepeople.png (422KB, 640x780px) Image search: [Google]
Giggly horsepeople.png
422KB, 640x780px
>>28552748
Sad that a shitty meme is the only criticism you fags can ever muster
>>
File: 1461967250710.png (328KB, 641x874px) Image search: [Google]
1461967250710.png
328KB, 641x874px
>>28551287
Kindness implies a gentleness and desire to make others comfortable, whereas empathy is that ability to make a connection with someone based on sharing experiences with one another. There does tend to be a lot of overlap, considering that you're more likely to be nice to people you empathize with, but it's not always true. Sometimes being empathetic gives you the position to kick someone's ass into gear.

I think it works for Sunset. Some youtube video I think drowning in horseshoes, maybe talked about the mane six needing the element they represent in order to function. Dash is loyal, but also needs loyalty. Fluttershy is kind, but also needs kindness from others. With that interpretation, it would fit Sunset. She is empathetic, but she needs empathy.
>>
>>28551223
the element of beauty
love u sunny :3
>>
>>28552763
I can tell you're an autist just by looking at your filenames
>>
>>28552866
he is an autist but whatever. everyone's a little bit autist.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.