[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(CYOA) War in the North #7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

File: #7 OP.png (152KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
#7 OP.png
152KB, 800x600px
>What's this: a CYOA style adventure where a young colt takes part in the conflict tearing apart his northern home. Reading previous works in the setting is NOT required to enjoy this story.
>Previous thread: >>28109046

>These are dire times for the free ponies of the North. After two years of unstable peace, the war effort has resumed.
>A former tribe, the Sons of the Aurora, established as a country, seeking to occupy the entire North under the rule of their king fiercely, no quarrel given.
>However, the tides may be changing, as rumors spread of the citizens of Auroria not trusting their king anymore.
>Young unicorn Tight Knit seeks to do his best to stop this war and bring peace to the fractured North, with the help of his friends and an indomitable spirit.

>Last time, you and your friends consolidated union through the west, and began moving east to meet the last cities of Auroria...

>Theme song: https://soundcloud.com/finstheaudio/witn-intro
>Want to know more? Lore guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qk_lW3QbQdodsvSstPhtlN1ksuiQ5OpR5C-Lz5RfQ98/edit?usp=sharing
>Charsheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1azY8JyLxVpAgg0pysOei5Y_ys10wodzFduod2v-z2n8/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>Quickly trying to trace back the source of the voice, you ask a question.
"Do you know which route we should take?" You shoot the thought into your mind and hope for a response. But you need to stop your friends somehow! "Uuh... ponies!"
>"What is it, Knit?" Clearsoul and the others turn around, the pale mare doing the questioning.
"I... I don't know if we should go down that path."
>"What's got into you? We can't waste sunlight" Ante Magus steps forward.
"I know, but it just... listen, I know it doesn't sound credible, but that path gives me a... bad feeling."
>"You, going off hunches?" Merry tilts her head. "Now that's new."
>"What makes you think so?" Marion gives you the doubt. This is good, at least they're not moving.
"It's... hard to explain. Just because it's the proper route, doesn't mean it's the safest, right? I mean, how long has it been since it was used last?"
>"Geez, I said we had to be cautious, but this...!" Ante is cut by Clearsoul's hoof on his chest.
>"If Knit things something's amiss, then I believe him" the mare replies. "I'll do a quick scouting, we'll be safer" without waiting for an answer, she leaves down the path. In that moment, the voice returns.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn245.png (41KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn245.png
41KB, 400x400px
>>28531114
""Take the longest path. Kill it.""
>You can't help but shudder. Shaking it off, you get closer to your guides.
"Isn't there a, uh, alternative route, perhaps?"
>"Well, there is!" Berry replies. "That one path would also get us to the next checkpoint, but it's a muuuch longer trip!"
>"It's out of the question, obviously" Ante replies.
"Weell..."
>"Ponies, we're in trouble" Clearsoul returns, running. "I saw... something. Odd creatures, stalking the path ahead. A dozen of them or so."
>" "What!?" " Everyone is in disbelief, some immediately looking at you with a certain fear in their eyes. "Then..."
"We should take the long path. Please" you plead on Ante, who gives up and nods.
>Carefully, you head through the alternative route, finding no trouble along the way. Everything is quiet, almost too quiet. What did she mean, 'kill it'?
>"Everypony, stand still" Marion suddenly hushes. "There's something up ahead."
>You all follow his gaze into the rock peaks above you. Tiny fragments of them scrape and fall down, followed by a large, grey hand. Then another, and another. A creature with odd features and four arms emerges from behind the rocks, looking at you with uncertainty.
>"An outlier" Clearsoul replies, unsheathing her dagger. "We can't let it warn the others!"
>>
>>28531120
Let's do our bola thang and try to stop it that way.
>>
>>28531120
Fire an ice bolt at him if he's at a distance but if that misses chase him and try to get him with our bolas.
>>
Shoot it marion.
>>
File: witn246.png (48KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn246.png
48KB, 400x400px
>>28531182
>>28531216
>>28531383
"Can you get around him?" You whisper at the pale mare while the monster keeps a cautious distance.
>"Yes, just keep him there" she replies, slowly moving away, quickly fading into a rock. Your guides only realize she's gone when it's too late.
>"W-Wait, where did she..." Berry Bounce looks everywhere.
"Don't move too fast!" You shush her while the monster begins to rear its head. This is bad, it's going to move! "Damn it!"
>You'll have to kill it, just like the voice said. You shoot an ice spike straight at its forehead, making use of its stillness, and it crashes head on. The ice breaks in a small blizzard around the monster's head.
>"It's quite sturdy" Marion readies his crossbow. "Maybe you should use your trapping experience in this."
"It was my second plan" you get the bolas ready. Marion is aiming at the creature, who's starting to back up.
>"Hurry up, Knit..."
"I'm going, I'm going!" With more speed than before, you obtain maximum rotation speed, but the thing's getting away. "Tsk! Shoot it, Marion!"
>The colt takes a milisecond to respond, a monster spine pinning itself to the monster's back. Using the moment of doubt, you make your bolas fly in arcs through the canyon, ensnaring its neck.
>"I got it!" Clearsoul suddenly jumps from behind, while the creature tries to get rid of the rope constricting him. She falls behind your range of vision, but her voice comes through. "Help!"
>Rushing to her aid, you find her tumbling with the monster, who's overpowering her. Between all of you, you pin its four arms and two lower legs.
>"It's... got tough skin, of scales!" Clearsoul explains. "And strong too...! How can we get rid of this thing? It stood up to your attacks."
>>
>>28531430
Find where it's soft and start using our saw ring to start cutting. Then just restrain it and let it bleed out.
>>
Also if the cutting doesn't work just use blunt force trauma. Smash the head.
>>
>>28531430
Could open it's mouth and let Marion shoot into the head upwards.
>>
>>28531468
>>28531491
>>28531504
>The monster keeps trying to free itself, but you can keep your own weight on him while you get your weapons in the air.
"Alright everypony, don't move" you prepare one of your metal rings as a buzzsaw and begin cutting through the monster's arm. It's tough and slow to cut through, almost as if all of his flesh was made of this spongy, slightly hardened flesh. "Huh? It's not bleeding."
>"Great" Brunhilde snorts. "At least we can cut all of his legs and let him here to rot."
>"We shouldn't do that, we don't know if it has ways to communicate with others" Clearsoul lectures the unicorn. "The head seems harder than the rest of his body, so he must be protecting his life with it."
"Let's bash the head in, then" you nod.
>"Wait, open his mouth" Marion replies, preparing the crossbow. With great force, and using yours and Brunhilde's combined magic, you manage to get it open for just a moment. The colt's bolt doesn't miss, causing the creature to go inert. "Phew! I didn't expect that to actually work."
>"That was a close call" Ante Magus speaks. "Regardless of how" he looks at you suspiciously, "we're in this route now. It will take us longer than planned to get across, so let's move" he and Berry immediately begin to descend the rock formation.
>"Wait, what about the loot, what about the...?" Merry tries to stop them.
>"Every day we spend here means trouble!" The cragpony turns around, livid. "I was hoping the routes were safe, but I made a mistake, okay? I don't want to find out what lives in this place, so let's go!" He stands his ground, ready to leave.
>>
>>28531691
Loot is always the most important thing of an adventurer! I say we get what we can and then move. This creatures material could be useful.
>>
>>28531691
I think we should get going.
>>
>>28531713
>>28531802
>You really should get going, after all, but loot is an important part of an all day varied diet of adventure.
"We'll be right behind you, don't worry!" You wave the ponies and return to your friends. "Let's see what we can get from this thing and go with them, very quickly."
>"Yessir!" Merry does a little dance in the air.
>All you can scrap from the monster is its flesh, a sort of heavy sponge that might have a decent use as armor when you find a blacksmith. You grab as many chunks as you can and go back with Ante and Berry. The mare returns to you, bouncing a small ball in her muzzle.
>"I'm sorry everypony, I know Ante can be a little temperamental sometimes, but I've never seen him like this, not in a while."
"Do you know why he might be acting like that?"
>"He probably wants to get home as quickly as possible. I don't blame him..." the mare blushes. "I know, let's play a game to keep the spirits running high! I spy with my little eye, something grey..."
>"Is it a rock" Clearsoul deadpans.
>"Well, if you won't take it seriously then...!" The mare mocks you and returns with Ante. You can't help but to have a laugh.
>The rest of the day happens without incidents. You stop for the night under a large arch, slightly away from the road. The quality of the mineral path is hazy at best, sometimes disappearing for chunks, leaving you to Ante's directions.
>"He sure took it personal today" Brunhilde comments at your group. Your guides are eating dinner at a distance together. "Won't even come talk with us..."
>"He's just tired, we all are" Marion chews slowly.
>"Think we should talk to him? Tell him it's not his fault..." Live Fire proposes. "Although, I still don't know what to make of..." she looks at you. Maybe if you dodge the issue of your voice they'll forget about it. Or maybe not. The same could be said about Ante. You could always go to sleep early and avoid talking at all.
>>
>>28531900
Let's go ahead and tell them about the voice and our dreams. We we're sure about telling them about it earlier. Afraid they would think we're crazy or something.
>>
>>28531900
I don't want to look like we're crazy if we say that we're hearing voices or that we shouldn't listen to them.
Though let's go clear the air with Ante
>>
>>28531941
Nah man, we need to be clear and honest with our friends.
>>
>>28532111
Alright, they're going to question our judgement and wonder if we're fit to lead but alright. Then again I could be wrong. Guess we have to see what happens.
>>
>>28531919
>>28531941
"Well... about that..." you try to formulate the words in a way the won't make you sound dubious. "I'm still not sure if I should really say anything about that... 'hunch' I had. I don't want to look like I'm crazy..."
>"That only makes me more curious" Clearsoul sits next to you with a serious face. "We'll listen to you, Knit, and if we're think you're crazy, we'll probably tell you, but I don't think we'll stop loving you for that. Right?" She asks the rest of the party, who nods. Specially Aphid, damn bugs.
"Well, alright, here it goes..." you take a deep breath. "I've been having conversations with a strange pony in my dreams. A mare. I keep hearing her voice when I'm awake now, and she can somehow see what's going to happen soon in the future so she tells me and I told you guys not to go and yeah" you scrunch immediately after and look away.
>After a few seconds of silence, Live Fire picks up the word.
>"Wow. That's... that's not too bad. I-Is it?"
>"Hmmm" Marion scratches his chin. "I can't say I haven't heard this before."
"Really?"
>"I just don't remember what was it..."

(1/2)
>>
File: witn247.png (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn247.png
36KB, 400x400px
>>28532167
>"It doesn't sound good to me, Knit" Merry frowns. "Best if you don't rely too much on some crazy voice in your mind."
"But it did help!"
>"Might have been a lucky coincidence all the same" Clearsoul pats your back. "What kind of pony was it?"
"Well, it was a polite mare woo drank tea without knowing its taste... Somehow, I have the impression all Redspearians are like that, just from watching her."
>"Well, then I think she must be a mare of great taste" Brunhilde poofs her chest a bit.
>"If I can remember what this reminds me of, I'll let you know" Marion concludes. "Meanwhile, be very careful with those conversations, Knit, you may never know what will come next."
"I suppose... If you guys don't mind, I'm going to check on Ante" getting up, you trot over to the other side. That wasn't so bad... maybe. "Hello?"
>"Huh? Oh, Knit, sit down" The cragpony colt seems in a better mood. "I, er... don't know if you really saved us or what, but thanks for the directions, I suppose."
"Think nothing of it."
>"I can't, I'm trying to, but I'm a captain, I'm used to taking responsibility for my actions..." the pony scratches his head. "I need to know, Knit. Do you and your friends think I made a bad call? I didn't want to put any of us in danger, I promise, I just want to go back home, I thought this place would be safer."

Back tomorrow.
>>
not only does the tower protect your friends (like a tower is meant to) but you if you stand on the top of it you can see things in the distance ( the future )
>>
>>28532175
You picked a previously known short and safe route that was inhabited by creatures you couldn't have possibly have known were there.
imagine if we picked the long road and there were monsters everywhere.
you didn't make the wrong choice at all.
>>
I think we're going to always listen to that voice when it tells us things.
>>
>>28532175
I understand. Through the entire war I was always with my family. My father and my extended family, my brothers and sisters of the North. It seems different over here and I cannot imagine fighting and being away from them for so long. In the tribes there was a bond between all that united us. That's what I hate the most about this war. The fighting and bloodshed between ponies that should see themselves as having a kinship with one another. Like a smith forging metal, the North beats us and is rough, but is creates a bond and makes us all stronger for it. Or maybe I'm just a young and naive idealist...
>>
File: witn248.png (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn248.png
43KB, 400x400px
>>28532948
>>28534369
"No, not at all. You chose the shorter route, and you couldn't possibly know there were monsters. What if they were in the longer route? You would have saved us then."
>"But I didn't, and that's what breaks me" the colt replies. "I don't know how you did it, what abilities you possess, but it makes me sick knowing that I don't always have the skills to protect everypony in all situations..."
"I understand you. I've always lived with my father, my brothers and sisters of the tribes, and I find this system of sending ponies away too outlandish... maybe that's what makes you feel down. I think of the North as an anvil, and the stars above as the blacksmith's hammer. Without a solid foundation, we can't be guided, and we always want to be there for everypony, at any cost."
>"When you put it that way, it sounds like ideals" Berry Bounce suddenly snuggles between the two of you.
"Maybe I'm an idealist. I'm young and exploring the North for the first time. I don't know what else is out there, but I was brought up to believe the universe has a plan. We're only ponies, it's not ours to understand."
>"That's a comforting thought. I hope my grandma is watching over me..." the mare closes her eyes and lays down right there.
>"Berry, oi, Berry... she fell asleep" Ante Magus replies. "I guess I'll sleep right here, I don't want to wake her up. Thanks for sharing your thoughts."
>You get up slowly and go back with your group. After a night of rest without incidents and a short apology from your guide, you all set along the thin trail again.
>The next day of march occurs without incidents. During the evening you arrive at another crossroads, this time with a staggering seven paths, counting the one you just arrived from.
>"That's where we would have been if we hadn't found the monsters" Ante points at one of the routes, then looks at you. "Now, if there's anything you'd like to say, do it before I say which path we should choose."
>>
>>28537845
Got anything to say voice in my head?
If not then nope. We'll keep following your guidance. Let's go with whatever you pick Ante.
>>
>>28537845
You're the guide. Lead away.
>>
>>28537889
>>28537922
"I... just one moment?" You turn away and try to focus without shaking too much. "Hey, voice, are you there? Any recommendations?" You think to yourself, trying to find a conversation in the void of your mind. However, nothing comes, and you go back to your friends. "Nope, lead on Ante, all yours."
>"Hmph..." the colt snorts. "Then let's go. Maybe we'll be out before the sun goes down."
>However, Ante's prediction doesn't come true, and the rest of your day is spent walking through the rocks while odd echoes coming from beyond keep you on alert.
>Well into the night, and upon insistence of your guides, you arrive at the exit.
>"Oh, goodness..." Brunhilde pants. "Finally... we've been walking... nonstop" you and your friends certainly share her exhaustion.
>"Don't worry everypony, there's a guard outpost right next to the exit! It should be empty now, so we can rest all warm and cozy!" Berry Bounce jumps around. She's got way too much energy at times like these.
>Her promise comes true, and not long afterwards you arrive at a small house, made with logs supporting stone walls. There's light coming from inside. As you arrive, you and your friends look through the nearest window.
>"Huh... looks like you missed that one" Marion comments, poking Berry. Inside the cabin there's a mare working alone in the wheel of a cart, the dismantled vehicle laying next to her.
>"W-Well, we can convince her that we're soldiers, after all..."
>"No" Ante cuts her off. "Look at her, she doesn't have any clothes or gear, and I don't see anything in the racks. She might be a civilian using the guard post, and this is a good place to hide for illicit operations. I suggest we capture her first and question later."
>"That's ridiculous, she probably just needs to fix her cart" Live Fire replies. "At least we should start a conversation with her."
>>
>>28538091
Clear soul can go in and have a small look around but I think we can just knock on the door and ask to be let in. Tell her we're travelers that came out of the rock plain and we need a place to rest and if we can stay her house.
she doesn't need to know we know this is an outpost.
>>
>>28538091
Lets try the peaceful approach. We just traveled through the plains and we're all exhausted so we can come across as nothing more than a bunch of travelers. If it turns out she might be a criminal, than we can reveal our military ties.
>>
>>28538091
I agree with Live Fire. We start off friendly and if you see she's breaking any Aurorian laws you can apprehend her.
>>
>>28538153
>>28538163
>>28538192
"I agree with Fire, we should try to start a friendly conversation with her, and deduce whether or not she's a criminal from that."
>"Aw..." Ante kicks the ground.
"Look, Ante, we're exhausted, and we can pass for travelers. If you want to apprehend her, fine, but leave it for a time when we're all refreshed" you look at your friends. "If anything, Clearsoul could take a look around. But I'm saying not to push ourselves too much."
>"I'll go, keep an eye on her" the pale mare goes around the house, returning shortly after. "Everything seems to be in order. The pantry is completely empty."
>"Aww!" Now it's the lively trio of Merry, Fire and Brunhilde who complain.
>You enter through the front door cautiously and call out for anypony, pretending not to know.
>"Yes? Who goes?" A feminine voice comes from the room with the cart.
"We're travelers, weary and hungry! Who am I speaking to?" You yell back.
>"Oh, I'm just another traveler! Come, let's meet!"
>Shrugging at your friends, you head forward and lay eyes on the mare directly. Her mane and tail are messy and she holds different instruments as she repairs the cart wheel.
>"Ah, what a large group" she greets you. "I'm Funriose Silver. Traveler, merchant, whatever the times force me into" she bows lightly.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn249.png (78KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn249.png
78KB, 400x400px
>>28538398
"I'm Tight Knit. Me and my friends are traveling all across the North. It's a chilly night, would you mind if we shared this place with you?"
>"Of course not! This used to be an outpost for the army, but most of the soldiers are away at the war, so nopony uses it. It would be a shame not to sleep under a perfectly good roof."
>"Um" Live Fire sits down and tilts her head. "May I ask what's wrong with your cart?"
>"Ah, this old piece of junk" Funriose smiles, her eyes losing focus. "Been with me for more years I could count. The wood is starting to crack, I need it to hold until I reach the border."
>"The border? Do you intend to cross?" Ante asks.
>"I intend to try. Somepony's gotta make it through."
>The conversation shifts to other menial topics. Funriose seems to simply be looking for a change in her life, and her fortune wanted it that her cart broke right next to the outpost. You leave her be and go to another room to eat and spend the night.
>"Well, her story seems to check out" Ante comments. "Still, we should keep her under surveillance."
>"Then take the first guard, silly" Berry rolls her eyes and goes to sleep.
>"How about we take the first guard?" Brunhilde touches your side lightly. "It will be a good excuse to practice our light spells."
>>
>>28538409
Yeah sure, we haven't practiced our magic in a few days and a better light spell would be useful.
>>
>>28538409
Why not? Warn Brun that she might have to keep us awake tonight.
>>
>>28538439
>>28538475
"That sounds good to me, but I warn you, you might have to keep me awake at some points" you stick your tongue jokingly.
>"Oh, please, I've read myself through enough nights to know how to keep anypony awake" the mare sways her hips as a reply.
>"Thank you. Berry and I will take the second turn, so wake us up when it's time" Ante bows his head.
>"No I'm not taking the same turn as you" the mare replies with a devious smile.
>"Oh yes you will!"
>"Nuh uh!"
>"Yuh uh!"
>"Let's just go" Brunhilde pulls you away from the commotion. Outside, the cold wind knocks you right on your hooves.
"Wow. I don't even feel tired anymore" you squeeze your eyes a bit.
>"Hmm, the air in this part of the North is way more... how should I say it, rugged?" Your unicorn friend shrugs. "And we're right beneath a valley of rocks, they sure channel wind towards us very well."
"Let's move a bit and get practicing those light spells."
>"Right!"
>You walk around the perimeter of the house with Brunhilde, working on ways to improve your Light spell. The mare doesn't know how to use other alternatives, but they do exist, so she tries to conjure a ball of light that travels on its own.
>A chunk of the night goes by, and Brunhilde finally manages to create a very tiny ball of light that floats in the air. Meanwhile, you've managed to increase the strength and radius of your light, as well as make it linger for a few seconds wherever you tread.
>"These... were good exercises! Phew!" She blows. "I think I need to lay down and sleep, should we call our guides?"
"Yes, let's... wait" you notice there's light coming from inside the outpost. "That mare, Funriose, she's still awake."
>"Odd... maybe she can't sleep. Ooh!" Brunhilde whispers on your ear. "Should we spy on her a little?"

[Your Spell Light raises to rank V!]

Back tomorrow.
>>
>>28538742
spying is always fun, let's see what she's up to.
>>
as soon as we find out or see what she's doing we'll inform ante
>>
Man, doesn't it suck that all the interesting things happen just before we go to bed and we're tired?
>>
>>28531103
>>
>>28531103
nice hat
>>
File: witn250.png (80KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn250.png
80KB, 400x400px
>>28538769
>>28539376
>>28540195
"Weeell..." you try to contain your childish excitement. "Spying a little wouldn't be too bad. I'm curious about what she might be up to."
>Tip toeing on your hooves, you and Brunhilde approach the window facing the garage, and try to take a peek through. It's a high window, and you need to stand on your hindlegs to watch.
>"There she is. And still working on her cart!" Brunhilde gasps. "Doesn't she feel the need to sleep or what?"
"Sometimes a pony gets an urge to finish something, no matter what it takes" you reply as you watch the mare inside tinker with pieces and bits of wood. "It doesn't seem like she's doing anything wrong, though."
>"No... in fact, it's quite boring" Brunhilde sighs. Funriose simply works on her cart, then takes a brief respite. "Well... let's tell Ante tomorrow, just in case."
"Sleepy time?"
>"Sleepy time."
>After waking the soldiers up and going to sleep, you enjoy a deserved night of rest, then wake up to find your friends having breakfast and awaking at regular intervals.
>"It was just as you said! Funriose didn't stop working all night long!" Berry bounces all around you and your friends. "We should ask her about it!"
>"Maybe... but it could just be a trait of hers" Marion replies. "Let's not be rash and greet her as usual."
>After eating, you do as Marion proposed, and enter the other room in the outpost. Funriose is there, stretching her limbs, before turning towards you.
>"Oh! Good morning, I didn't see you come!" She waves and smiles at you all. "I had such a good night's rest, with all the quiet and darkness. Did you sleep well too?"
>>
>>28547055
That we did. Ask what time she woke up this morning? Would she like some help working on the cart?
>>
>>28547055
We couldn't help but to notice that you were still awake by the time we went to bed. It seemed that you worked through the night.
>>
>>28547098
>>28547257
"That we did, thank you" you greet her. She doesn't seem to have a single sign of weariness on her. "What time did you wake up this morning?"
>"Hmm? Just about now. Why, did something unusual happen?" The mare tilts her head.
"Well..." you shake yours. "Nevermind. Would you like some help fixing the cart?"
>"Knit, we shouldn't delay too long" Marion whispers on your ear. However, you stop him with a hoof.
>"Oh, I would love to help! I don't want to impose, but there's so much work to be done yet..."
"Really? I would have thought you were quite advanced with it. After all, you were working on that all night long, without actually sleeping" you step forward and confront the mare.
>"T-That is... How did you know?" Funriose takes a step back, reacting to your own.
"We were watching around the house. How do you explain not sleeping at all during the night, yet looking fresh as a rose on the morning?"
>The mare's eyes open wider, wider, until suddenly, there's a flash of light, dazzling you and your friends. When you manage to open your eyes again, the room doesn't quite look the same.
>"What..." Live Fire mutters. The room is dusty, messy and full of broken planks of wood. The light coming in from the window disperses as soon as it touches the unnatural, almost alive darkness surrounding you.
>The cart is there, but much more rundown, almost broken completely. Suddenly, a stench reaches your noses, something you hadn't been able to feel before.
>>
>>28547327
light up your horn!
>>
>>28547369
This. Have our rings out and be ready for fucking anything.
>>
File: witn251.png (65KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn251.png
65KB, 400x400px
>>28547369
>>28547513
>"What... is happening..." You can hear Brunhilde's voice quiver behind you.
>"I don't know, but I intend to find out" Ante begins to shout at the darkness. "Oi! Funriose, or whoever you are! Get out!"
>Trying to lend a helping hoof, you use your new and improved Light spell, but its effect in this thick, creeping darkness is very limited. You can barely see past your muzzle, even after exerting your magic. You get your rings rotating out of
>"The cart is in ruins... oh my gosh, the smell is terrible" Berry approaches the vehicle and takes a peek inside. "Wait, what's this... I-Is that...? Oh my gosh!" She suddenly takes a jump backwards.
>"What is it!?"
>"B-B-Body! There's a dead pony in there! Is that...?"
>"Funriose Silver, yes. Or what's left of her" a voice, hollow and as dark as the air around you, whispers into your heart, making you feel cold and exposed.
>"Who's there!?" Marion aims his crossbow around.
>"Tsk tsk" the voice continues, each word pumping your veins full of primal fear. "I was hoping you'd fall for one of my traps, but you scurried out of them, too careful for my tastes, yes" you can feel something, like a cold member grazing your face.
>Instinctively, you jump back and channel your magic out of pure instinct. Your rings cover you, while the lights in your horn take a more solid form this time, illuminating the area directly in front of you. And in that moment you wish you hadn't done it.
>"Everypony run!" Ante shouts as soon as the creature is in view.
>"The door is stuck!" Clearsoul yells from the other side.
>"No leaving. Only the embrace of death can set you free now" the demon hisses, a thin arm sprouting from the shadows directly at you.
>>
>>28547704
Light up your ring with fire and cut him!
>>
>>28547719
Seems like our best bet. Maybe we can utilize the amulets somehow.
>>
>>28547719
>>28547852
>Moving your body and your rings, you avoid the hand reaching for your neck, and toss the bone ring while you prepare the fire magibead inside the other. With a quick thought, you envision the room in flames, and that's all the artifact needs to set your metal ring on fire.
>The monster scurries into the darkness, but your friends begin throwing things at him. Ante and Berry throw knives at different corners, while Brunhilde lights the back wall with her fire. Marion stands ready to shoot a monster bolt.
"Clear the way!" Moving your neck, you toss the flaming ring as fast and far as your magic allows. Along the way, you can feel it cutting through something.
>"Hssss!" The demon's voice scratches your eardrums.
>"Don't fall back! Any news on that door?" Ante yells back.
>"Still closed solid!" Clearsoul and Aphid remain at the back, trying to force it open.
>Suddenly, an arm of pure darkness shoots straight from the floor, the least illuminated place right before your head. It punches you and tries to grab you for a finisher, but it is interrupted by Marion's bolt. Just then, a bundle of black strings coils around the weapon and tosses it away.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn252.png (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn252.png
46KB, 400x400px
>>28547945
>"Fine, then! I don't fear you!" The colt barks. "Knit, grab this!" He tosses the green amulet your way. Its magic pulsates, as if repelling the darkness.
>"Hss! What is that magic!?" The voice echoes. "Such an amulet can't harm me, it was made for bigger things! Heh heh heh!"
>At one point during the maniacal laugh, you manage to feel exactly where the monster's core is. The fire ring moves at the speed of thought, cutting yet another arm. Just how many does he have?
>"Kyaah!" Berry Bounce's yell pierces everyone's ears. The mare has been grabbed in the middle of the rage, her neck now being suspended by strings, like a helpless puppet.
>"Cease your fire" the monster hisses slowly. "Or the mare dies."
>Gulping, you stop rotating your rings and put the flames out.
>"That's better. Now, I can see you have spirit, but I have a hostage with me now" the chill in his voice returns. "Fortunately for you, I need but one pony to survive for a long time, so I will be magnanimous, and let you go in exchange for this one" Berry's body floats in mid air, tears welling in her eyes, all wind escaping from her lungs. "Be quick to leave, or I might change my mind. Heh heh heh."

Back tomorrow.
>>
things we can do
say fuck no, cut the wires and then try to kill him.
yes alright and just get out of here.
or the third option of trading ourselves for berry as that's the tower thing to do
fourth option, ask tower mare for guidance.

I'm for three if four doesn't work out because we might be able to get him to lower his guard and then end him but it's really risky.
>>
fugg
>>
Oh hell no. We'll burn that damned housedown.
>>
what a cowardly enemy who just moments ago thought he was hot shit.
>>
>>28547953
That bastard! He already killed once, we are not going to allow him to do so again! We need an all out attack on his core as soon as Berry is safe.
>>
fight to the end!
>>
>>28547953
Cut the strings.
>>
>>28548487
>>28551262
>>28551926
>>28552205
>>28555027
"C-Coward... you'd do that just to save your hide?"
>"Time is ticking" the voice simply replies, as Berry's legs struggle to touch ground.
>Drops of cold sweat run slowly down your face. The rest of your friends are locked in similar, desperate battles to find a solution. But, while asking out in the open would be too dangerous, you have someone you can consult, somewhere in your mind.
"I need help. I... I don't know what to do. Can I defeat him before it's too late?" You ask in a brief second. To your surprise, the answer comes immediately afterwards.
""He's covered in darkness. Bring out the light.""
>Your senses return to the material plane, your hooves and those of your friends still frozen.
>"Well?" The strings around the mare's neck constrict her further.
"Wait. If you only need one pony... I'll take her place" you step forward. "I'll even go first, if that's what you want."
>"I have no need for it. Leave or you'll die next" the demon's voice pierces your heart. In just a few moments, you can feel your heartbeat rising, an undescribable feeling crawling up your throat like bile.
"You... you think you're hot stuff, huh? Think you can take us?" With the tiniest amount of magic, you connect with the fire magibead.
>"I will."
"Let's see you prove it."

(1/2)
>>
>>28556193
>You need only imagine it once, the faint image of a guard house, alone in the middle of the rolling hills, burning down in a massive inferno. The magibead next to you shoots forth into the darkness, bursting right down the middle.
>"What!?" The incredibly bright flash exposes the monster's body, thin like a snake, with many arms small and big. Your friends take notice immediately, while your rings already fly towards the strings.
>"I got her!" Ante runs and catches Berry as she falls to the ground. The rest of you launch a full attack against the demon, the room so fully light up, it is impossible for the long centipede to run.
>"Hsssss! Damn you, I fear not the fire!" The creature tries to attack you with its arms, but you're better prepared to dodge them now.
>"It's not the fire you should fear, fool!" Merry tackles the monster, ripping its arms one by one. "It's us!"
>"HSSS, I'll return! Even if you kill me here, I'll be back in Tartarus, and then I'll... I...!" The voice dies along with its body, completely obliterated by arrows, blades and spells.
>"We need to get out of here!" Clearsoul cries out, the fire well on its way to consume the building. Just then, a wooden beam falls in front of the door. "Aah!"
>You look around quickly. The door is blocked, and a wall of flame encroaches the window. Ante pants heavily with Berry on him, a serious amount of smoke forming on the ceiling.
>>
>>28556204
fire multiple ice bolts at the base of the window so the water can put out the fire.
>>
>>28556224
This or maybe we can use our ward to protect us from the flames as we jump through.
>>
File: witn253.png (53KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn253.png
53KB, 400x400px
>>28556224
>>28556386
>Looks like the only option is the window. You shoot some ice balls at it and hope they melt. Brunhilde runs towards you.
>"That won't... coff... do!" She says. "Make them explode, like this!" She throws a series of smaller balls, which break into flakes upon contact.
>You and Brunhilde get working while the others gather around and try to clear the fire on their own. Before the smoke gets too close, you manage to calm it just about enough to crawl through the window.
>Merry goes first, smashing the glass with a flying charge, then Ante and Berry, followed by the rest of you. You can feel the flames burning your coat constantly, but eventually you all make it outside.
>To be sure, you all run a good distance and watch as the outpost goes up in flames. Ante drops Berry on the grass tenderly and tries to wake her up.
>"Berry, Berry... please, be alive, don't do this now...!" After a few minutes of silence, the mare suddenly coughs up.
>"Ack, ack!" Berry's eyes open a bit, looking around. "Huh... captain? I'm... alive?"
>"Yes, yes you are" Ante breathes a sigh of relief and lays by her side. "Thank the stars."
>"If you'll excuse me" Brunhilde approaches the mare and touches her with her horn. You recognize her using the spell that removes noxious substances from the body. "You had some smoke in you, and your throat is probably hurt, so just lay there, okay?"
>"Smoke...?" Berry looks around, until she finds the burning house. "Oh."
>"I'll be checking up on everypony, I suggest you do too" the unicorn tells you. "Then we should take a rest."
>"There's s problem here. This fire will be seen from Imr. If they send ponies to investigate, we'll have to defend ourselves. I suggest we take a small detour and heal at the forest behind the city" Ante replies. You look at your friends; they all have minor burns and some of them are exhausted, but nobody save perhaps Berry Bounce is on critical condition.
>>
>>28556598
Let's go help Live, Marion, and Aphid. After that we gotta move.

That was a deamon. Last I checked, they're not exactly common. Should we warn somepony about it?
>>
>>28556598
They won't believe us if we tell them that we were attacked by a monster inside and we used a magibead on it to try and kill it? If not then let's move.
>>
>>28556656
>>28556673
"Why, they won't believe our story? We fought a monster in the abandoned outpost and used a magibead to finish it in the old fashioned nord way." You shrug.
>"That's not the issue" Ante replies, frowning. "We're supposed to be incognito, if we tell anypony we were here, we might get the attention of the elites guarding the city."
"I suppose that would be a bad thing."
>"It is, the king's best will respond to him only."
>"There's another thing" Marion says. "That wasn't a normal monster."
"Yes, it seemed to be a demon from Tartarus. Those aren't exactly common, if he's to be believed. Should we tell anypony?"
>"I don't know if they'd believe us easily. Something ominous is happening" the colt asserts. "We shouldn't stay in the open for too long."
"Well, we need some basic treatment first. Even if we avoid the roads, wait for us to take care of our friends" you reply, swaying your tail.
>You perform a quick checkup, specially on Live Fire, Marion and Aphid. The changeling wasn't affected, but most of the clothes were burnt, leaving the disguised pony with serious holes and shivering.
>Live Fire gives you a brief hug before Brunhilde comes and forces you off her. She asks you to check on her as well, and afterwards Merry and Clearsoul insist on being healed, so you end up doing everyone.
"How's Berry, does she need healing too?"
>"What she suffered will go on it's own. Her throat wasn't damaged and she seems to be fine, just exhausted" Brunhilde smiles. "Alright, cap'n, we can move now!"
>"About time!" Ante grabs Berry and carries her on his back.
>The day rolls as lazily as your party through open land. Soon you see the walls of Imr, a view very similar to that of Jül, except on flat grass plains with a forest of tall trees behind it.
>"We haven't encountered a single soldier thus far" Ante barks. "Suspicious... In case we are questioned about our whereabouts and wounds, what do you think we should tell them?"
>>
>>28556968
we come from the town of jul and we got these wounds from each a monster that attacked us. Like a group of moles.
>>
>>28557044
"We'll do what we do best, technically telling the truth" you play with your tongue. "We come from Jül, and we got attacked by a monster on the way here. That's all they need to know, isn't there?"
>"Well, yes, but that won't stop them from... oh!" Ante notices that the pony on his back is coming to her senses. "Berry, wait, are you alright?"
>"Yes I am" the mare climbs down and stands in place, testing her equilibrium. "I woke up a little while ago... coff."
>"Don't exert your throat too much" Brunhilde paws a hoof at her.
>"Okay... Sorry cap, your back was too comfy" Berry smiles at him.
>"Fool, I'm glad enough you survived" Ante blushes and looks away. "Look, do you recognize these walls?"
>"Mhm!" The mare smiles brightly, a blush on her face also. "A place we call home."
>"On the subject" Marion interferes. "We haven't discussed any sort of payment for your help..."
>"Forget it. It was enough that you helped me rescue my friend, battling together like nords do" the cragpony pushes Marion away. "Isn't that what this is all about?"

(1/2)
>>
>>28556968
It might be like it was at the front lines, soldiers never leaving their garrison.
>>
>>28557347
>>28557350
>You enter the gates of Imr, guarded not by soldiers, but civilians. Your story checks out, however once you're inside the town, you hear pegasi and griffons flying towards the place where the burning remains would be.
>"Odd... there really isn't a single soldier in view" Brunhilde comments. There are ponies coming and going to their chores in peace, however.
>"This is where we part ways" Ante and Berry stand before you. "Me and Berry must stay hidden with our families, and so I'm afraid we can't offer you lodging."
"It's fine, we understand."
>"There's an inn, in a plaza across that street. You should have no trouble finding room, and we can meet there during the hours where ale runs wild. I wish you the best of luck from here on."
>"A-And thanks for saving me! I'll be ready to repay you with anything I have" Berry puts a hoof in her chest.
>"Stay safe, friends" Clearsoul bows, followed by the rest of you. "Well, should we head for the inn?" She asks once they're gone.
>"I'm going to find the market and see what to do with all these monster parts" Marion explains. "Would you like to take a walk with me?" He asks the pale mare, who nods.
>"I'm soo going to find that inn, right now" Merry lets her wings fall unbecomingly.
>"Me too..." Live Fire agrees.
>"I need a warm place to be" Aphid chitters behind you.
>"Then I guess I'll go visit the town, maybe ask some questions..." Brunhilde speaks to herself. "What about you, Knit?"

Back tomorrow.
>>
>>28557360
Lets go with Brun.
>>
Yeah, let's go with Brun so we can learn some interesting things in town. Also it would be wrong for a pony to go around alone. Even if that mare is the capable brun.
>>
I hope that the inn is nice.
>>
>>28557360
I want to go to the bar to maybe gain some info from locals. Also to get hammered.
>>
>>28559144
drinking can wait for another time. Let's explore the neighborhood.
>>
With my apologies, I've come down with a one day cold and I'm feeling terrible. Next session will be tomorrow, I'll help keep the thread up, sorry for the inconvenience.
>>
File: nine117.png (74KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
nine117.png
74KB, 800x800px
>>28562658
What Im going to read at work tomorrow? Damn you...
somehow I don't get the same feeling like with the Shovel mare, but still I like this story. I think this is better than last one.
Would it be possible that we find something that confirms the tale of shovel mare around caves?
>>
>>28563188
You already went to the mountains where the final fight happened. There still are chances to hear more about it.
>>
>>28563188
>>28563193
Glad to know you enjoy the story btw.
>>
>>28563193
finding something in the future would be cool, like somepony who is related in her or something like that
>>
>>28563188
I have to say that I favor the Tale of the Shovelmare a bit more. Still liking this one though, as it's hard for me to not enjoy a Fins quest.
>>
>>28559587
I was thinking we go drinking with Live and Brun and get really drunk. Then we see if either of them "take advantage of us" if you know what I'm sayin'.
>>
I hope we'll be able to get some really good armor from the blacksmith. let this go to show that you should never skip out on loot! (actually sometimes you should)
>>
A united north is a great north. also I hope we're able to learn some more kick ass magic. And you know what else we need to do when we're in demonsworth? Look for a way to fight demons. maybe they have a weakne
>>
Up
>>
>>28557471
>>28558201
>>28559144
"I'll go with you, Brun" you offer. "I'm interested in seeing the town too."
>"Fine, but you'll help me gather information as well" the mare flaps her eyelids exaggeratedly.
"Yeah, that too. We should go get some drinks!"
>"Tight Knit, do you think this is the moment...?" Brunhilde's cheeks puff.
"B-But taverns are vital to gather information..."
>"We'll see you later, then" Merry rolls her eyes and flies away lazily, followed by Live Fire and Aphid. The others go on to their tasks, while you follow your unicorn friend into the deep parts of town.
>"It really is fascinating, how similar the architecture is..." Brunhilde comments, looking at the houses and towers sprawling in all directions. "Do you think we could, as nords, create our own culture this fast, or is this all borrowed from some other land?"
"Don't take us for fools, just because we live in tribes" you examine the buildings. "They don't seem super cultural to me."
>"Oh, what would a colt understand..." the mare sways her hips and flicks her tail, picking up the pace. Eventually, you land in a market row, full of ponies happily going through their day. "This is such a change of pace from Jül, however."

(1/2)
>>
File: witn254.png (66KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn254.png
66KB, 400x400px
>>28571154
"Feels nice, even though they have no soldiers" you notice the lack of patrols.
>Brunhilde goes around, asking about the situation of the town and subtly investigating her missing brother. While nobody has seen a colt like him, everyone seems to be in a nice mood, as monsters haven't been very hard on this town.
>Eventually, you end up in a tavern, under your insistence to have at least one drink. You get a warm mead and let your weary legs rest.
>While in the middle of your drink, you notice something odd: in a corner of the establishment's ceiling there's a brass tube, twisted and wide open at the end, sort of like an instrument. All of the sudden, the pipe begins to vibrate, a voice coming from inside. Everyone else in the tavern stops chatting and pays attention.
>"Good evening, everypony. This is your security chief with the news of the day. This morning it was found that the guard outpost nearby had been set on fire. Closer inspection revealed the remains of some monster and an empty magibead marble. If anypony has any information regarding what happened, please kindly bring it to army headquarters. Signing out."
>The voice quiets as quickly as it came, and everyone in the tavern resumes their conversations as if nothing had happened. Brunhilde looks at you quizzicaly.
>>
>>28571166
Ask brun hilde how that worked. Do you think there is a pony that's close by and under ground? Where does she think the pipe leads?

look around and make sure no pony can overhear you.
think we should write an anonymous letter to them in the night?
Let's go to the inn.
>>
>>28571166
Seems the guard have taken a VERY hooves-off approach to this town. Not sure if I should be relived they're not here or disappointed in their slacking.

Either way... let us eat, drink, and be merry!
>>
>>28571222
Also to add to that, do as I described here >>28565468 and get too drunk. Nit's looking to relax after that encounter with a deamon.
>>
File: witn255.png (49KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn255.png
49KB, 400x400px
>>28571216
>>28571222
>>28571266
"Huh, that's odd. How do you think it works? Maybe the pony's somewhere nearby?"
>"Hmm, I somehow doubt it. They wouldn't just talk to a regular tavern" Brunhilde speaks, while the bartender gives her a sinister look. She waves and whispers closer to you. "It's probably a town wide system, it must travel on sound or something."
"Pretty smart."
>"Well I -am- a smart pony" the unicorn takes a sip from her tankard.
"Seems to me they're not taking the defense of this town as seriously" you complain in a soft voice. "They probably sit in their quarters all day, doing stupid messages. I'm dissapointed, I think. I'm also relieved a bit."
>"Hehe, are you frustrated too? These are the kind of ponies we wanted to dethrone in the first place."
"I know. Yet..." you look around to make sure nobody's paying you any attention, then whisper at Brunhilde. "Do you think we should send them an anonymous letter? Telling them about the demon and such."
>"Hmm, I think not, but it's not just the two of us who should decide" the unicorn downs her drink. "Ready to go to the inn?"
"Go? Heck no, I'm just getting started!"
>"Tight Knit..."
"You thought you had me under control, but it was merely a trap" you smirk, asking the bartender for another round."
>"For the love of..." the unicorn lays her head on the bar. Mead flows free as a river and the hours become a blur.
>At some point in pure stupor, you notice Brunhilde's calling to you with a very serious face, but you just can't take her seriously.
>"Knit... Knit?" She calls you with a voice that sounds far too distant. "We... go... move!"
>>
>>28571480
Lets go with Brun. We can enjoy alcohol, but we shouldn't drown ourself in it. Besides, we are technically in enemy territory so we shouldn't let our guard down so much.
>>
>>28571480
follow brun.
>>
>>28571480
Yeah, let's go with Brun. If she had mead like we did, maybe some cuddling?
>>28571166
I thought Brun is same size as us, looks like I was wrong.
>>
>>28571480
Follow the pretty unicorn.
>>
>>28571613
I think it's pretty obvious I don't have the skill required to draw complex perspective. But she is smaller than Knit.
>>
File: witn256.png (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn256.png
32KB, 400x400px
>>28571502
>>28571515
>>28571613
>>28571614
"Ugg... you say, wanna go home?"
>"Aargh!" The mare despairs clearly in your blurry field of vision. "You! Follow!" She makes herself understood with a few simple terms.
>Like workhorse after a journey of labor, you slump behind your mistress across the cobbled streets. Far remain the sounds of music and drink; the only thing you want now is a good nap.
>Your memories are patched together hastily by the time you wake up. You remember a nice looking building, a lot of stairs and a room full of whispering ponies. After that, you just found and empty bed and dropped.
>The next morning, you feel the rays of the sun burning your face. It is pure agony, and to make things worse, your body is sluggish and barely responds.
>The most horrible thing, however, happens when you open your eyes. Merry's extremely angry, extremely jaded face stares at you like the souls of the damned straight from Tartarus.
>"Knit..." she whispers, her pitch alone sending shivers down your spine. "You went drinking. On your own. I want to yell at you so much. I want to. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna."
"Merry, h-have mercy..."
>"eeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEE...!!" Her voice becomes the bane of your existence, every second turning into an eternity of pain and fire. If this continues, you will surely die!"
>>
>>28571717
put your hoof in her mouth!
also that sure was a genius idea to drink so much. it worked out exactly as that anon planned I bet.
>>
>>28571717
Merry, you cruel mare!

>>28571756
Not at all but I still find it very amusing. Shame we didn't speak in Redspearinan again.
>>
>>28571805
I was being sarcastic. It was a terrible idea.
>>
>>28571819
I know. Sometimes it's fun to go with bad ideas.
>>
>>28571756
>>28571805
>Out of pure reflex, you manage to shoot a hoof right into the mare's mouth before she gets to a critical volume. The pegasus tries to enforce her shrill voice on you with a hoof on her mouth, until finally, she spits it out.
>"Pweh! Dirty!" She coughs a lot.
"M-Merry, you're cruel!"
>"And what about you!? I thought we would go get wasted together, like friends!" The pegasus immediately retorts. "What do you have to say about that, huh!?"
"W-Well..." you think back to last night. Weren't you supposed to be doing it for some reason? Something about Brunhilde... hmmm. "I can't really tell you right now, but I promise I did it with a good reason in mind!"
>"Regardless, that wasn't very nice of you, Knit" Marion speaks from the other side of the room. "Ante Magus came here tonight to tell us something very important, and you missed it. Brunhilde is already in it, but you need to hear this too."
"A-Alright, lay it on me."
>"Not now, first get yourself cleaned and sober. Then we'll talk" the colt gives you a condescending smile. How mean.
>"Yeah, and think about what you've done!" Merry ruffles her wings all over your face, giving you a mouthful of her unpreened feathers. Afterwards, she storms out of the window.
>"Y-Yeah, you meanie!" Live Fire 'screams' in a very quiet voice, then whispers in your ear. "I'll get you some water" she leaves, not before removing some feathers from your face.
>"Sigh... do you need help?" Brunhilde gives you a look of complicity. From her expression, you can see the sunlight isn't doing her wonders. She probably got a few meads in too. "I'll stay if you need me... Marion says we'll stay here another day at least, so get yourself comfortable" she climbs a bed nearby, leaving her, Marion, Clearsoul and Aphid along with you in the ample, well furnished room of the inn.
>>
Back tomorrow. This completely ordinary human needs to sleep early.
>>
>>28571925
I completely forgot I'm fucked on wednesdays. This normal human will be back on Thursday, sorry.
>>
>>28571909
O-oh... I didn't think randomly getting wasted was going to upset everyone this much.

Generally feel like shit, in more ways than one. Surely that detox spell or whatever will help, then we can swear off drinking unless the ENTIRE PARTY is present and to totally dedicate ourself to kicking ass and the most usefully helpful pony there is in this party!
>>
>>28571617
or maybe Im too drunk to see it right
>>
>>28574037
>>
Well great, now we missed some important information because of the poorly thought out drinking plan.
>>
>>28574037
>>
I hope something good happens.
>>
saved from page 10.
>>
let's hope we can be more productive today.
>>
Page 9 bump
>>
File: witn257.png (45KB, 400x400px)
witn257.png
45KB, 400x400px
>>28572085
>>28576835
>You look around, your friends either looking out of the window or giving you passing glances.
"Did I... really mess up that much?"
>"Hmm, not really" Clearsoul leaves the window and trots up to your bed. "It was mostly Merry, but you have to admit your plans, whatever they were, didn't pay very well."
"I think I've learned my lesson. Next time I'll wait until somepony else proposes to go drinking."
>"How adorable."
"Hey, Brun" you whisper at the unicorn on the other bed. "Could you pass your healing spell through me?"
>"Are you feeling that bad?" The mare reacts lazily. "Go take a piss and then I'll look."
>You get up and do as the mare tells you. Despite feeling a bit better, you still ask Brunhilde to remove some of the alcohol from your body, if she can. The spell is partially successful, a small amount of colorless liquid tossed out of the window.
>"There goes some perfectly fine mead" Marion frowns, however in jest. "How are you feeling now?"
"Well, I think... urp" you make a sudden move, a throw up feeling crawling up for a second. In that moment, Live Fire enters carrying a tray with two crystal jars with water. "M-Muh..."
>"Yes, yes" the young mare leaves a jar by your bedside and another by Brunhilde's.
>"Why did you...?"
>"You know why, don't try to fool us" the cragpony flicks her tail at the unicorn. You both take your jars and sip on some water.
>"Today I need to go pick up our spoils from the blacksmith's. Do you want me to tell you the information Ante gave us now, or later?"
>"I can tell him too, you know" Clearsoul glares at Marion. "Besides, what Knit needs is a mare's touch" she ruffles your mane. You squee through the water in your tilted jar.
>>
>>28587705
Go pick up the items at the blacksmith. That's what I'm more interested in right now sooner. Clearsoul can just tell me.
>>
>>28587705
Mumble that there wasn't a plan to it. Just a whole lot of drinking. Apologize. Otherwise this >>28587755
>>
>>28587755
>>28587899
"If it's to brief me, I'm sure Clearsoul can do that fine" you look up. "Our new gear takes priority, Marion."
>"Okay, then I leave it in your hooves" the grey colt gives the pale mare a quick peck in the cheek. "I'll be back as soon as possible."
>Once Marion is away, and Clearsoul has stopped rubbing her cheek with a hoof in disbelief, she walks up to you, along with Live Fire.
>"Are you feeling better now?" She asks.
"Yes..." you sink your face in the pillow. "I don't think there was a plan after all."
>"Hmm, what's that?" She perks her ears towards you.
"I just wanted to drink. I'm sorry" you apologize, however not looking at them.
>"Hey, if you're going to say that, at least look at us" you hear Merry's voice, then suddenly raise your head. The pegasus just flew in through the window, looking at you puzzled. "What? I just went to clear my head a bit."
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gone drinking without a plan. I won't make an error like that next time" you hang your head.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn258.png (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn258.png
37KB, 400x400px
>>28588052
>"There there, it wasn't such a sin" Clearsoul directs her angry, almost motherly gaze towards Merry, who backs a bit. "Now, this is important, so sit up and listen."
>You do what she says, while Brunhilde and Merry come closer. Aphid enters at some point and joins too, disguised as a brown filly with an odd mane.
>"From what Brun said last night, you heard that voice speaking through the pipes. That system seems to be all over the city, in the shops and buildings, even some houses. This city is a few years old, and has some advanced ways for the army to tell everypony the situation out there."
"So whoever is on the other side is the elite pony running the city now?"
>"Exactly. Ante and Berry recognized that voice, and begged us to stay away from that mare. Her name is Aurora Comet, and she's one of the king's most trusted ponies. And a very strong one."
>"Yeah, they told us to hide and not make a lot of noise in this town" Merry completes the tale. "They were dead serious, too."
>"Now that almost all of us are here" Clearsoul continues "we must decide what to do. Marion will be back soon, and then what? Should we leave early? This city seems to be a bit out of our reach. It will take an army to take over."
>"We could spread our word some more..." Brunhilde says.
>"Yes, but Ante said that mare in charge of security is a real zealot. A misplaced word could place us in her sights."
>"How about we just rest here, a day or two" Aphid shrugs. "No need to go out and do more peace stuff?"
>>
>>28588060
aphid could look like the mare while she's out and he can speak through the pipes that we want unity in the north.
the problem is distracting her and knowing when she won't be there. we need to plan this a little better. maybe trap her in a jail cell or a basement?
though if it doesn't work then no big loss right?
>>
>>28588092
Having Aphid start some shenanigans while looking and sounding like the big boss is a pretty nice plan. He can get away easier too since he can simply change into another pony. It's nothing solid but it's an idea.
>>
>>28588060
We don't have to talk about peace, we could talk about the army being able to leave the front line and helping towns with monster problems. Than it wouldn't be so strange when the army comes this way, might cause them to lower their guard a little bit.

>>28588092
That would probably cause a major incident and we have no way of affecting the outcome of that action. It'd depend on how many soldiers there are here and how loyal they are. Worst case scenario, she'd win and weed out anybody that isn't as loyal as her.
>>
>>28588092
>>28588139
>>28588159
"We don't need to mention anything about peace, you know? Just try to put into the townsponies the idea that the armies are moving. That might make it less shocking to them when they arrive" you suggest.
>"Good, there's a possibility" Clearsoul nods. "Anything else?"
>"What about just taking out the leader? Not anything we haven't done before" Brunhilde shrugs.
"Yeah! And we could have Aphid take her place and speak through that pipe system whatever!" You point at him. The bug simply opens up his hooves with a smile.
>"You ponies aren't taking her seriously" Merry frowns. "Ante came here all running and exposing himself, just to tell us not to cross looks with her."
>"Yes, I believe he thinks we might not be able to take her..." Clearsoul taps her chin with a hoof.
>"T-That sounds like you're actually agreeing with them" Live Fire tilts her head.
>"Well, everypony always underestimates us, until the damage is done" Clearsoul smiles. "If it didn't work, we can always escape in a number of ways."
>"I still think it sounds dangerous..." Live Fire looks at the bed, and to top it off, she gives herself a bit of impulse to bounce a little.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn259.png (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn259.png
47KB, 400x400px
>>28588349
>Shortly afterwards, Marion returns with your new sets of armor, and the conversation is put aside for a moment. All the outfits look very similar, and very sleek too: similar to jackets or pieces of vest seen in the foraging tribes, they cover your body and back legs with a feeling of power and warmth.
>"They're lined with monster rock sponge inside" Marion explains. "They're much tougher than they look, as good as iron armor but twenty times lighter."
>"Twenty? Boy, more like fifty!" Merry flies all over the room.
>"They look sooo good..." Brunhilde can't stop looking at the mirror. The mares' outfits have less pronounced necks and sleeves.
>"Aphid's one is made with a colt in mind, so you'll have to change your form a bit" he explains. "But it comes with extra pieces to cover more of your body."
>"This... is so warm!" The bug chitters. "Amazing! I won't have to use all the clothings now!"
>"Use the scarves and googles that Knit bought us, and I think we're set!" Marion performs a demonstration, and soon you all wear the full uniform.
"Huh... we sort of look like a real team now. I hadn't realized."
>"Yeah... we've gone from friends of necessity to a real strike team" Clearsoul taps the chest of her outfit. "...Shouldn't we have a name? You know, a platoon name. Like the Pegasus Legion! All the elite outfits do it, why not us?"
>>
>>28588354
They have names to instill fear into their enemies right? How about we call ourselves the united tribe. Too simple? We can also call ourselves the north brigade!
>>
>>28588354
Freedom Force Alpha Alpha Alpha! No...?

How about The Peacemakers? It emphasizes our wish for peace in a united North.
>>
>>28588369
>>28588463
"Ooh, ooh!" You raise a hoof. "How about Freedom Force Alpha!" You say, thinking of names that sound powerful and instill feelings of fear in your foes.
>"Or, Freedom Force Alpha Alpha!" Merry bounces back.
"Or, Alpha Alpha Alpha...!"
>"Alright, alright! I'll get a paper or something to note down some ideas..." Clearsoul steps off the bed.
>You toss some names in the air, and there are a lot of good ones, but in the end you can't decide. Some of the proposals include United Tribe, North Bridgade and The Peacemakers.
>"Whew! This naming stuff is actually very complicated!" Merry wipes her forehead once you're done. "These outfits are still great, though."
>"They sure are" Brunhilde examines hers. "What is this leaf on the side, Marion?"
"Leaf...?" You look at your own vest. A small leaf has been embroidered in the corner.
>"I thought you would recognize it. That's the leaf of the sunset mountain birch" Marion frowns.

(1/2)
>>
>>28588553
>"Oh, those trees were common in the region my tribe kept" Clearsoul touches the leaf. "Why did you...?"
>"It's commonly known as a symbol of unity and friendship. It heals a number of ailments, so often friends would venture into the mountains haphazardly to gather leaves for sick friends" the colt explains.
>"Whoa, cool..." Live Fire's eyes glitter.
>"By the way, Knit" Marion tosses you a small jar full of black powder. "The blacksmith made me this out of monster charcoal and other materials. You can rub anything with it and it will catch fire just in contact with a strong air. It might be good for your weapons, since you lost your magibead."
"Oh, hey, that's great! Thanks, Marion" you keep the crystal jar in your inventory.
>"So, what did you ponies talk about while I was away?" You explain to him your suggestions to spend your stay in Imr. "What? That's ridiculous. We really shouldn't get any close to the elites. Ante..."
>"Yes, we know what Ante said" Clearsoul moves a translucid hoof around. "But listen, Marion, we've learned enough to tackle on a single elite pony on our own. Maybe we could go out there and investigate, find out where she moves, what her schedule is... does anypony have any ideas, or should we stop thinking about it for now?"

Back tomorrow.
>>
>>28588565
We're going to have to take on elites eventually since we're heading to the capital. Might as well see what we're capable of when it's one isolated one with limited resources.
>>
>>28588553
>>28588565
A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>28588553
United Tribe is more suited for the entire nation once we win. North Bridgade sounds like a generic military name. The Peacemakers sounds like the kind of group name you'd here in legends. I vote for the third one.
>>
>>28588565
Put an arm around Aphid. I think maybe Aphid can snoop around where the elite is since he is our master of stealth and subtlety.
>>
The only idea I have so far is for clearsoul to be bait/a distraction so that way we can close off whereever we might trap the boss and she can phase out.
>>
>>28589859
Let's get some Intel before we plan anything. That's if we decide to do something.
>>
>>28593460
>>
>>28588602
>>28589538
>>28589859
>>28590085
"Let's take it slowly. But I think we should test the mettle of these elites. If we want to infiltrate the capital, we'll have to fight a few of them, and this is a good opportunity to see what one alone can do with limited resources."
>"Uuh... I think it's a bad idea. But I won't leave the team behind, if that's what you think" Marion gets his crossbow and gives it a quick wipe with a cloth.
"Of course not! We have the advantage, let's do this carefully" you put your arm around Aphid, now transformed into a brown colt with his uniform on. "Do you think you could find her, spy on the places she frequents?"
>"Maybe... do I have to take this off?" Aphid asks, making a very disgruntled face.
"Perhaps."
>"I'll think about it."
"What about you, Clearsoul? You're our other master of espionage. Your power would make it easier for you to gather information."
>"I made up my mind to go before you even said it" the mare smiles. "I'm sorry..." she puts her hoof over Marion's.
>"F-Forget it!" The colt puffs his cheeks, retiring his hoof. "Let's go around and investigate while these two do their thing."
"Agreed. I need to clear my head from yesterday..." you pout, while Merry gives you a very uninterested face.

(1/2)
>>
>>28597237
>You get your things and exit the inn, leaving in pairs. Your uniforms are distinctive when you all go out together, so you minimize the amount of noise by not moving in a group. Brunhilde and Live Fire decide to take theirs off for the time being. The cragpony and Marion form your patrol on the southern side of town.
>"Let's see if we can spot any information on this Aurora Comet, and whether or not she's alone or has a couple of guards with her" Marion explains, receiving odd looks from townsponies due to the crossbow at his back.
"Shouldn't we leave weapons behind?" You comment. Your rings and bolas make a distraction as well.
>"We can always say we're hunters. I'm sure these ponies have seen bigger."
>After a while of walking, Marion gets close to you and whispers on your ear.
>"By the way, Knit. I kind of... have a problem."
"Huh?"
>"I figured you'd be the one to talk about it. The thing is, Clearsoul, well, she and I... she's getting a bit too close, as if relaxing, thinking the mission is losing priority."
"I see..."
>"You know what I think, I don't want this to hurt the team, but I don't know how to tell her... I'm starting to fall numb myself, her touch is just..." the colt shudders with intrinsec pleasure.
>>
>>28597243
Hmm... how many times have you banged? I would let her know how you feel. Mission takes priority and we can't let our emotions control us. Only after the North is united can we afford romance. Though, as some say, love can bloom on the battlefield. If you ever need any sort of help you know I'll be there for you.
>>
>>28597243
Unless you're planning on abandoning us I think it's fine for you two to be as close as you want. We'll always remind you that the entire north is relying on our success if it gets too bad which it hasn't yet.
>>
>>28597293
Marion's decision clearly affected CS' decision. I say be wary.
>>
>>28597292
>>28597293
>>28597354
"Hmm... your decision in the end will be joint, I suppose... it would be a shame to lose you, but I reckon it must be really hard to stop love. It's a force I don't understand very well, but I'm sure that it can bloom in the battlefield, like some say."
>"Yes... it fills us with joy, but it is very unfortunate" the colt nods.
"I don't think romance should go on to something serious until we're done, but you know we'll always be here to tell you if you're going over the top. Just to make sure" you look at Live Fire quickly before turning back to Marion in hushes. "How many times did you... do it?"
>"Huh?" The earth pony gives you a puzzled look, a crimson blush creeping up his face. "W-What kind of question is that!?" He lowers his head. "...Just one."
"I'd say you're keeping it together very well. You're adult ponies and you can take care of the mission and yourselves. Just let her know how you feel, I think you're past the time of speaking behind her flank."
>"Perhaps I should... no, definitely, I will. Thank you, Knit" Marion continues walking, talking to himself.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn260.png (49KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn260.png
49KB, 400x400px
>>28597521
>"So... love can bloom in a battlefield?" You hear Live Fire say, her eyes glued to the street ahead.
"Well... I heard my father say that once."
>"Heheh."
"What's so funny about it?"
>"Wait a second. Live Fire, you...?" Marion begins to ask her, however the cragmare simply takes him away. "O-Oh, we'll be right back, Knit."
"Sure, just trust in your friends" you wave at them and take a moment to rest and admire the view of the city. The two ponies hush at each other, probably about love things, with Fire getting increasingly excited. "Huh... I wonder..." she might have a colt she's waiting for at home. Such are the pains of the heart.
>The three of you go around, asking shopkeeps and other ponies about the elites and the monster situation. The results seem incredible: while Aurora Comet is the only soldier in town, no monster attack has ever happened under her watch. She alone has taken care of every problem arising.
>"That means she's as good as her reputation makes her to be" Marion ponders afterwards, in a bench under a sparkling fountain. "But it also means she's probably tired, exerted."
>Just then, a pony wearing a cowl approaches you. Only when it's just a muzzle's length from your face, he reveals his face.
>"What are you doing here, going all together in plain sight!?" Ante asks, furious under the cowl. "I told you to be extremely careful! She'll know you're here!"
>>
>>28597529
even if she does, knowing we're here is not the same as coming after us. We'll just tell her we're leaving town and wanted to look for things to resupply.
>>
>>28597529
Truly Knit is obliviousness given physical form. Anywho...

We're snooping around if I'm perfectly honest. Wanted to get a good idea of this Aurora Comet pony. Now I'm thinking maybe we should get going since things seem to be going pretty well here actually with her in charge.
>>
>>28597553
>>28597594
>Geez, he really was serious about it...
"Even if she does, doesn't mean she will come after us, will it?" You try to push the colt back, but his muzzle keeps insisting upon yours in a very non lewd way.
>"Idiot! If she detects any odd elements, she'll root them out! She's a cold thinker, and doesn't reason with ponies other than the king and his court!"
>"What makes you be so terrified of her, what are her abilities?" Live Fire asks.
>"Well, she..." Ante stops before saying anything else. "Why do you want to know."
"We might be investigating her a bit. Just snooping around, getting an idea for her."
>"N-N-Nnnnnneeeeeeeigggghhhhh..." the pony shakes his head, trying to calm himself. "You're going to get yourselves tossed in a jail, or killed! She's he fastest pony in the North, maybe in all of the Nine Lands! It's impossible to follow her with your eyes, everything drops to the ground before they can even move!"
"Whoa. Wouldn't that be solved throwing more ponies at her?"
>"Yes, but a whole lot of ponies! That's why I told you to let the armies of the United North take care of it!" Ante drops his cowl way down, to cover most of his face. "Seriously, don't pry on her too much. I'm bound to you for saving Berry, but I don't think we'd be able to take her on..."
>"Don't worry. Our friends are the best infiltrators you could find in this land" Marion smirks. "We're not finding any reason to attack her, but if she has a weak point we could exploit, well..."

(1/2)
>>
>>28597743
>Ante growls and turns away, trotting with haste.
>"He seems to fear her a lot. I wonder what Clearsoul and Aphid will find" Live Fire taps her hoof on the bench.
>Afterwards, you go back to the inn, where you share your results. Everywhere in town, satisfaction seems to be high due to lack of monsters or crime.
>"I had a chance to see her" Clearsoul speaks. "She looks... imposing. And moved with a certain gait... I don't know what it is, but perhaps that's my understanding of her skills, as Ante told you" she looks at you.
"Did you see if she had any weak points?"
>"Nothing that deep, but I learned she leaves the town every afternoon, in search of monsters by the forest. If we want to cause motion, that would be a good time."
"I don't know, things seem to be going well, and our issue is with the king... maybe testing her wasn't such a good idea."
>"Let's not be so undecisive, yes?" Brunhilde brushes her tail while talking. "Let's eat, and then decide what to do. Since we got what Marion asked of the blacksmith, we could just leave, couldn't we?"
>The fated lunch arrives, and after an uneasy meal, you have a voting to decide what to do.
>"Who's in favor of leaving the town?" Marion asks. His hoof, Live Fire's and Aphid's go up. "Who wants to take on Aurora?" Merry, Clearsoul and Brunhilde raise theirs. "Well, this isn't going anywhere."
>"Knit, you haven't voted" the pale mare looks at you. "What are you deciding?"

Back tomorrow. Sorry for such a short session, but energies are running low. This couple of months will be hard, but we'll progress in the story one way or another.
>>
a speedsters weakness is glue traps and narrow hallways.
>>
>>28597753
I say we leave. No reason to upset the current balance and leave the town without a formidable defense from monsters since we would leave after defeating her.
>>
>>28597856
the army is it's way though so it wouldn't be for long.
>>
>>28597753
We could go speak with her and tell her about the demon we fought. There are more options than fighting after all, we could try converting instead.
>>
>>28598061
We have been told numerous times that she is loyal to the king and will only listen to him and his court. There is no timely manner to convert her unless we do the same thing we did with flash and even that is a maybe.
>>
>>28598234
I'm not saying we try to convert her completely, just try to break the ice so it's easier for others. We could also just tell her the news about the army doing well enough to send forces to protect towns from monster attacks.
>>
>>28598293
I think she'll only hear the army part and with the super speed go to the king and tell him all about it which is something we should not at all risk.
>>
>>28598313
And abandon her post while the town is completely defenseless? Lets not forget that there hasn't been a single messenger besides us for a reason. Also, why would she go all the way to the capital from her distant post while the army can send a messenger from far closer without putting anybody at risk.

Come to think about it, why is somebody that's so loyal and skilled so far away from the capital in the first place? I thought that the best were kept nearby to be used as personal guard.
>>
>>28598370
Her duty to the king is more important then some town if the words "fanatic devotion" are supposed to mean anything.

The answer to your other question is that the king has an army of elites already and isn't going to miss one.
>>
>>28598391
So she's a fanfilly that was sent to the other side of the nation? Also, that doesn't explain why she would go all of the way to the capital to send the news that would also have a major head start on her or leave the post that the king assigned her.
>>
>>28598538
she's not a fanfilly but a trained soldier and trained soldiers follow orders without question. This has been explained already. only fins knows why she's here. it could just be protocol to leave a bare minimum of guards.
if you thought about it tactically you would see that running to tell the king that an army is approaching is the right move so that he can diverge some of his forces to stopping us.
>>
>>28598584
"Oh, hello Comet. Just so you know, a conquering army is coming this way to overthrow the king" =/= "Oh, hello Comet. Things are going well enough on the front line that the commanders over there have decided to send reinforcements to help remote settlements fight off monsters."
>>
>>28598645
you really don't see how she could take it as "soldiers being put in and surrounding the king" ?

because i sure as hell wouldn't trust a foreign person saying that the army is being put in "for their protection"
>>
>>28598706
We're all ponies of the north, there is no way to tell that we aren't Aurorian citizens unless she has a list of EVERY single citizen of the entire nation to check our names against. Also the soldiers that are coming are AURORIAN soldiers, like her. She has literally no reason to suspect the ludicrous idea of the soldiers on the front line switching sides to fight against the king they swore to serve.
>>
>>28597753
I think we can take her, let's do it.
>>
I still think we should leave her alone. We have nothing to gain from fighting her.
>>
>>28604674
There is also the option of just talking as long as we don't tip her off about what's going on.
>>
party!
>>
>>28597856
>>28598061
>>28599282
"I... can't really decided. I was ready to take on her until I saw how happy everypony around here is... maybe we could just try and talk to her?"
>"And if it doesn't work, we clobber her?" Merry claps her hooves together.
"I... guess. I think we should dispel our doubts and just try to see how she thinks. Fighting should be a last option, if any."
>"This conversation isn't taking us anywhere, so let's just go see her. We'll figure out an excuse along the way" Marion scratches his head. "Carry your weapons, just in case."
>"Wait, Aurora should be out of the town already. How are we going to find her?" Clearsoul raises a hoof.
>"I got it! We can sweep the forest, and if we find her, tell her that we're hunting for monsters and treasure! That will explain the uniforms" Live Fire offers.
"In any case, we don't seem to be moving forward. I think we'll end up meeting her one way or another, so let's go."

(1/2)
>>
File: witn261.png (53KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn261.png
53KB, 400x400px
>>28606350
>After packing, you leave the town and enter the forest nearby. Trees of brightly colored leaves, thin trunks and plenty of visual space allow you to see a long distance into it.
>"I had never seen trees like this before..." Brunhilde observes.
>"We're far from the territory of our tribes, aren't we?" Clearsoul examines a nearby patch of berry bushes, sniffing them. "Hmm... Could anypony confirm whether or not these are poisonous?" Merry approaches and bites a whole lot of them. "Not like that!"
>"Relax, Brun's got me flank covered" the filly swallows the berries. "Hmm... nope. They're fine."
>"Shh, I think I heard something" Marion calls for the rest of you. "Spread thin and look like you're hunting."
>Moving slowly, you proceed across the vast forest, eventually reaching a clearing. On the other side, a single pony is examining trees and bushes, looking for signs of action. She turns around for an instant without seeing you, which gives you the chance to examine her: her mane and face are very symmetrical, and her eyes look around calmly with a cold, analytical seed.
>You take another step forward, accidentally crumpling a twig. The mare suddenly locks her neck on your direction, not moving. If she's not calling out, you'll have to do something or risk an attack.
>>
you're on your own anon that decided to talk this out.
>>
>>28606357
Call out in greeting.
>>
>>28606400
>>28606606
>"Knit, she's looking here...!" Brunhilde whispers at you from the side. The mare remains still, waiting for anything to happen.
>It's highly unsettling. What's more, her eyes, the way her body poses, remaining as calm as a stream... something begins to straighten the fur at the back of your neck.
"I... hello?" You take a deep breath and step out of the bush on your own, slowly. "Oh, goodness, I did see a pony after all. Good evening, ma'am!" Quickly enough, your voice and wits return to normal.
>"...Huh. Odd. Identify yourself" the mare simply speaks, with a somewhat deep, monotone voice, not changing her position at all.
"Oh, I, I'm just a monster hunter, roaming with my friends, heh..." it's a little unsettling, but you're getting used to her odd way of staying still.
>"Oi, where are you...!?" Marion suddenly jumps from the bush. "Ah, there! Oh, what's this? Ma'am, you shouldn't be out here without a weapon, it's dangerous" he plays his lines perfectly, while the rest of your friends follow from different angles, giving the illusion of just now arriving.

(1/2)
>>
>>28606704
>"A group of hunters, huh..." the mare finally starts moving again, turning towards you slowly. "Well met. Where do you come from?"
>"Oh, from Jül, we just arrived at Imr" Live Fire speaks out loud, shivering just slightly. You walk up to her and give her a gentle nuzzle, to try and calm her down. However, she just shivers more. "A-And you are...?"
>"Aurora Comet, chief of security in charge of Imr, by the light and order of the most excellent, his majesty King Janos I. My purpose in the forest is the same as yours, so do not be concerned about my safety" Aurora replies almost instantly and without pause.
>"Oh, well, that's a, uh, relief" Merry tilts her head. "Seen any monsters around here?"
>"No, but they should..." suddenly, a large amount of creaking noises begins to echo from beyond where the mare is. "Ah, the ents are moving."
"Ents..." you look past the clearing. The tops of the trees are moving, advancing towards you. "There must be a few. Is it always like this?"
>"Yes, probably" Aurora says, uninterested. "If you'll excuse me..." she begins to trot right into the line of attack.
>"Psst, should we help, or maybe see how she does?" Marion asks the group in hushes. "She seems confident..."
>>
>>28606714
see an ent get beaten without fire.
>>
>>28606714
Let watch the mare and see how she fight.
>>
>>28606728
>>28606772
"Let's go. I want to see how she can defeat an ent without fire" you smirk and tread forward, feeling a bit more courageous than before. Hopefully this feeling will last.
>Past the clearing, you enter the forest until the loud booms and sounds of the fight reach your ears clearly.
>"Stay on the ground and move with care. An ent might see us, then it's our fight" Clearsoul puts her tummy against the ground, and you all follow suit. Slowly crawling across the bushes, you finally get a sight of Aurora.
>But that's it, just a sight. An individual moment where she stops and you're all able to point out where she is. In that selfsame instant, she's gone. Faster than your eyes can comprehend, the mare disappears and suddenly reappears far away, in the face of a distant ent lumbering towards you.
>You're unable to see what she does, her moves are so fast, she might as well be disappearing and reappearing somewhere else. However, loud booms follow every reappearance, and soon the ents fall, one after the other. Their bodies show no marks, but they're unable to stand up.
>"What's happening here!?" Brunhilde asks, biting her lower lip fiercely. "I can't see her attacks, but she's throwing those huge ents to the ground!"
"Brun, your lip..."
>"Shuddup!" The mare almost screams, her bloody lip dripping onto the ground.
>Suddenly, a shockwave of air and force hits your faces, causing you to recoil a bit. Aurora stands on top of an unmoving ent, with others slowly getting towards her. She mantains her neutral face, and it doesn't even look like she has the odds against her.
>"That. Is. Sooo overpowered" Merry complains. "Seriously, how are we even supposed to beat that?"
>"It's bizarre, but it might take her a long time to clear this many ents" Marion replies, preparing his fire bolts. "I'm going to help, after all, we're monster hunters. Whoever is with me, take positions."
>>
>>28607014
Let's help then. Start putting some of that powder on your rings.
>>
>>28607014
Let's get to it!
>>
>>28607014
Lets try to pull a few ents away from her fight so we can fight without getting in her way.
>>
File: witn262.png (61KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn262.png
61KB, 400x400px
>>28607062
>>28607070
>>28607275
"Right!" You don't need to be told twice. Reaching for your inventory, you pull the jar with the ashes that Marion got for you, and smear some on your rings.
>"Ponies, you're playing with fire in the middle of a forest. Be cautious" Clearsoul replies, taking out her dagger.
>You rush ahead with your rings spinning. They catch fire quickly, so you send them straight at the root of the problem: the legs of the ents advancing towards Aurora. Marion fires a couple of his fire bolts at the others, taking their attention. The fight moves away from the Aurorian.
>Since it's a dense forest, you need to be careful to make sure the flames are contained. In this you succeed, but Merry and the others have a hard time with the last few ents. The pegasus is knocked down a few times, however she keeps getting up.
"Stay back, Merry, it's getting dark!" Just now you've noticed evening is coming to an end. "The forest is too thick!"
>"I'll show you thick tonight, Knit!" She shows you her tongue, immediately going back to the fight. Aurora doesn't stay still, in fact you have no idea where she is every time, but the loud booms are happening.
>Eventually, you manage to drive the ents out by killing a good few of them. You lay on the floor with a headache, your magic burned a good long run. Brunhilde does the same, her fire spells having put a lot of sweat on her face.
>"You have an interesting approach" Aurora steps in front of you and your friends. "However, during the night strongest things arise. If you are to camp here, do it at your own risk..." for a moment, you see a glint of a creepy smile on her, before she struts out of way.
>"Wow, a 'thank you' would have been enough..." Brunhilde gets up. "What she says is true, however, we've lost a lot of time navigating the forest. Should we go back, or find a good place to spend the night in hiding?"

Back tomorrow.
>>
>>28607329
Lets accompany her back to town. She was quite amazing and I want to have a chat with her, even though she's technically an enemy.
>>
i'm kind of confident about taking on strong things because that means we get good loot to use but I'm not sure.
we can set up traps for them though before night fall!
>>
this place could get quite spooky.
>>
have a good night bump
>>
with the power of friendship you can do anything. we also have a magic voice in our head.
>>
>>28607367
I wouldn't mind talking to her. Ask her how she's able to fight like that.
>>
>>28607367
>>28608100
>>28609399
>>28615469
"I think we can make it back to town. This place will get creepy at night, I'm sure" you look around, the tall trees already casting shadows on the clearing.
>"Then let's make it quick, because Aurora is already well on her way" Clearsoul looks ahead.
"Really? I was hoping to have a conversation with her" you grumble, walking back along with your friends.
>"What do you ponies think?" Live Fire asks on the way. "Could we fight her? She seems uncatchable..."
"Nah, say what you will, but we have experience setting traps" you speak confidently, also marveled by the Aurorian's speed. "It's all about preparing the perfect trap. And I want to know more about her way of thinking, that's why I'll look for a conversation whenever I can."
>However, you don't have to make a great effort, as the mare is waiting for you right past the gate.
>"You arrived past curfew, but since it was for a good cause to our folk and king, I asked to keep the gates open" she says in the same cold voice, turning towards some villagers standing nearby. "Close it now" she orders.
>"We appreciate it. The forest seems like the worst option at the time" Marion replies.
>"Yes, I suppose ponies like you would know better" Aurora agrees, as the large wooden gates and iron portcullis close one after the other. "I would like to speak with you about your travels. Please meet me tomorrow at the army's headquarters. You can ask the civilians for directions" she leaves at a regular speed.
>"We need to be careful" the grey colt whispers. "She might be the one to set up a trap for us."
>"Let's think it over an ale, what do you say?" Merry flaps her wings around the group.
>"I just want to sleep..." Aphid charges ahead with glossy eyes.
>>
>>28615869
Hang out with Merry and pay for all her drinks. She's easily the most neglected party member of our group.
>>
File: witn263.png (49KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn263.png
49KB, 400x400px
>>28615943
"I'll join you, if you want. I'll pay for your drinks as a compensation for the other night" you take a hoof to your purse.
>"Yay! Come on everypony, Knit pays!" The pegasus lauches herself into the air before diving with precision.
>"Pfft, not me. Have fun ponies, but I want to take the night slowly" Brunhilde declines. "Come on Aphid, I need a big strong stallion to protect me."
>"Huh..." the bug smiles, heading side by side with the unicorn towards the inn.
>"Let's find a tavern somewhere calm and quiet, and have a few ales or whatever" Live Fire blushes a bit.
>"Maybe we shouldn't abuse our drinks too much..." Marion scrunches.
>"Whaat, are you chicken, Marion?" Merry dances ridiculously in the air.
>"D-Don't tempt me...!" The colt chases her across the street down into the town. The rest of you laugh and follow.
>You find a nice little place to have a few liquors, the first round for free on account of not having a lot of customers and needing the word of mouth. Alcohol flows free and you make sure to enjoy the night with your friends, specially Merry, who's been neglected by you lately.
>After a serious amount of drinking, you have a piss in some alley and magically teleport to your room. At least, that's what you remember the following morning, your hungover not as hurting as the other one, and your body... oh.
>"What do you think happened?" You hear Clearsoul whisper.
>"I don't know... I don't remember a thing" Marion replies.
>"I do. I remember a whole lot of noise and no sleep for this mare" Brunhilde comments bitterly. In that moment, Merry wakes up.
>"Hnng, hmm... huh?" She notices the weight. "What in the world... K-Knit?"
"Uuuh... hi."
>"Are you...?"
"On top, yes."
>"A-And we, I mean, did we, what...?"
"I. Don't. Know" you whisper at the mare you're technically mounting, minus the explicit part.
>>
>>28616171
check your naughty bits. There any odor? There any stains on the bed? if so you're in the clear and nothing happened.
>>
>>28616171
Highest on our list of priorities is finding out if we did the dirty with Merry. Second is piecing together what happened last night and third being getting ourselves in shape to meet Aurora.

I didn't exactly want to drink ourselves silly, I just wanted Merry to enjoy herself.
>>
>>28616204
>>28616217
"B-Buuh!" Your brain kicking up suddenly, you jump off Merry's back and land on the other side of the bed. "I-I promise I didn't, I, oh my goodness...!"
>"Wait, calm down!" The pegasus turns around, stretching. "And don't yell" she tilts her head, covering an ear with her hoof.
>"Alright, first of all, is it wet down there?" Clearsoul puts her front hooves on the side of the bed.
"Uuh..." you look at your parts privately. "Nope."
>"Any odd smells, any stains on the bed?"
>"None of that, sister" Merry looks around.
>"Then you didn't do nothing. Serves you right, for getting so drunk."
"Hey, I'm actually fine" you raise a hoof. It's true, your head doesn't hurt and the light coming from the window feels warm and caring on your fur. "Actually... I think I remember now!"
>Memories invade your mind in order. You came back to the inn on a lousy walk, got into the room and had a few laughs, bothering Brunhilde, but not Aphid, who's a really heavy sleeper. Lastly, you played some hoofy kicks in your stupor and ended up falling asleep the way you did.

(1/2)
>>
>>28616439
>"Oooh, I remember!" Merry nods. "I always wanted to feel the weight of a stallion on me while asleep" she arches her eyebrows in Clearsoul's direction.
>"Please" the pale mare rolls her eyes. "Get yourselves cleaned and refilled. We need to meet with Aurora Comet."
>A shower and a breakfast later, you're on the crowded streets of Imr, making your way to army hq. The citizens are very helpful, and you reach the absolutely empty building in no time.
>There's no pony to receive you, and after wandering through the corridors, you find an open door leading to an office. The fastest mare in the North looks at some papers in a desk inside.
>"Oh, it's you" she greets you. "Have a seat. I suppose you're wondering why I asked you to come."
"Well, we're interested in this town, and we suppose you're interested in us" you reply.
>"What I'm interested in is the situation at the front. Reports are directed to His Majesty only, and for a good reason, but that doesn't mean I'm not curious" the mare leans forward, eyes narrowing. "I will reward you for any information you might give me on the status of the war. By now we should have destroyed the infidel tribes, by the light of our king."
>>
>>28616449
Lie. Say that the last time you heard the aurora was doing well in the war and pushing the tribes back. Though should they really be destroyed? what about having them join? why even fight in the first place? we're all northeners right? and don't we have more important things to do instead?
>>
>>28616449
Well, things seemed to have been going well since the army was finally able to send ponies to protect Jul after being besieged by monsters for so long. We heard that they might be planning on going to other towns and helping them as well, so they might arrive here in the near future.
>>
>>28616519
Careful, you might provoke her by questioning the king so much.
>>
>>28616563
Oh wow, I'm so scared that she might raise her voice when she starts scolding us.
>>
>>28616631
Or raise her hooves and start beating us into submission.
>>
>>28616645
that would be funny, considering we're trying to insight a rebellion.
>>
>>28616519
>>28616552
"Well, last thing we heard, things seemed to be going pretty well on the front. Our armies have been pushing forward, and gaining advantages to their respite."
>"Oh? Continue..." Aurora puts her hooves in front of her in the desk.
"When we were in Jül, we heard the army is spreading and sending reinforcements to less guarded settlements, to tackle the increasing number of monsters. Y-You know, since we're doing so well in the war. Perhaps a relief will arrive soon, and give you the rest you deserve as a defender of ponykind" you lie like a professional.
>"Hmm, odd. If I recall correctly, His Majesty gave a clear, non correctible directive the night of the twenty seventh day of harvest, at the twentieth hour, seventh minute..."
>"Uuuh!" Clearsoul steps up. "M-Maybe the king himself corrected it! After all, he is the definitive word of law. He would do what he must to ensure the continuation of his kingdom!"
>"Certainly, that is his supreme power" Aurora nods, idly looking at the papers scattered across her desk. "No matter, I'm starting to fear I'll become like one of those savages if I keep doubting his word so much" she turns her head towards you. "This information is very useful, I will fetch you a corresponding reward."
"Actually..." you speak in a bit of a hush. "Maybe it isn't my place, being just a hunter and all that, but... Is there really any need to utterly destroy the nords? I mean, things are already bad enough for them, with Auroria holding so much power. We got the feeling that the armies are beginning to grow tired of this war."

(1/2)
>>
>>28616765
>"What. Do you doubt His Majesty's words?" Aurora's eyes lock on to you at extreme speeds.
"Well, no, of course no, heh! But..." your eyes try to find a weak spot in hers. "This monster problem might start to... spiral out of control. Shouldn't we try to eliminate them as fast as we can? Dunno, maybe have a small truce..."
>You don't feel it, but with the next blink, the fact remains that Aurora's hoof is stopped at less than an inch of your muzzle, her entire body crawling on the desk.
>"Careful, naïve" her voice becomes a blizzard, freezing and deep. "I will not tolerate a single more word against the law. You're far too much a simpleton to understand His Majesty's greatness, so be glad his word exists to protect fools from you from certain extinction."
"Ah... I'm... sorry" you reply, more befuddled than scared.
>"May His Majesty hear you" she quickly returns to her seat. "I will fetch your reward. Stay here" she calmly walks outside of the office, closing the door.
>"She's completely gone, mind and soul" Merry whispers under the desk to the rest of you. "I change my vote, I want to get as far away from her as possible."
>"Yes, let the armies take care of her" Clearsoul waves her hoof.
>"But ponies, this is the best chance we could have of catching her" Marion replies. "We can practically step behind and trap her. No matter her strength, if we work together we could do it!"
>"We need to decide before she's back..." Aphid says, shaking.

More tomorrow.
>>
>>28616778
Why did you use my argument against provoking her rather than acknowledge it as a warning? We probably wouldn't be able to trap her even with a month of preparing and because some idiot provoked her, she's now on edge. We could tell her about the rock plains and the outpost though. We've already said we came from Jul so she could guess the path we took anyway.
>>
>>28616778
I say we take the reward and leave peacefully.
>>
we could easily put a rope above the doorway and then drop it on her.
we can also up a trip wire down and then pull it as she comes in and jump her.
>>
>>28531103
Do you have a tumblr?
>>
going to bed. have a good night page 10.
>>
>>28619361
No, it's all done through here.
>>
let me give you a bump at 10.
>>
>>28616867
>>28617507
>>28617602
"Alright, ponies, while I had a few ideas about trapping her, I think we'll have to take the safer solution, take the reward and leave" you propose. "We've been beating around the bush for too long."
>"Agreed, the more I see about her, the less I like it" Brunhilde replies. "Don't get me wrong, it's just that I loathe capturing ponies with unstable mind."
>The door opens, and every one of you sits straight on your respective chairs. Aurora returns with a big fat bag of gold.
>"Let's see... I managed to procure a total of thirty five bits, five for each of you. It was on the standard reward stash, so by His Majesty, this ought to set you right."
"Um, by the way, ma'am..." you decide to come out in the clear. "On the way here, we had an unfortunate incident with a monster. It was at an outpost, by the Rock Plains..."
>Aurora suddenly raises her head, eyes wide open.
"We had no shelter for the night after a few days, and we decided to spend it inside. We found a monster... we're yet to confirm, but we think it might have been a demon from Tartarus..."
>"A demon? Nonsense, the gates of Tartarus have been sealed for centuries, if old myths are to be trusted" the mare corrects.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn264.png (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn264.png
54KB, 400x400px
>>28624583
"Well, he seemed adamant about it... regardless, during the fight we were in a, sort of bad spot, and we ended causing a tiiiiny little fire" you wince at your own last words.
>"Oh... I see" the mare drops the gold bag and taps her chin on a perfectly measured beat. "Perhaps I should substract it from your reward..."
>Merry slaps your side from her chair.
>"No. According to the law, you were defending yourselves from a hostile creature" Aurora sighs. "I'm afraid the treasury will have to pay. I hope His Majesty sees it fit... here you go" she slides the bag right into your hooves. "Just so we're clear, this is for the information provided. It is not my business to reward you for killing monsters, that is my job and if nopony else would do it, I will."
"Um, yes, understood" you pout. "Thank you very much, ma'am. Come on, let's go" you whisper at your friends, bowing quickly at Aurora and leaving the building at full speed.
>"Phew! I thought it would never end!" Live Fire takes big gulps of air. "Huh?"
>"PSST! PSSST!" From the other side of the street, a cloaked pony is calling your group in a somewhat obvious manner. You can see Berry Bounce's face under the cloth as she moves forward, calling you in a sea of ponies looking at her. "Ponies, I need to speak with you!" She tries to whisper, more and more citizens noticing her presence.
>>
>>28624600
let's go see what she wants.
>>
>>28624600
Tell her that she is not a subtle pony.
>>
>>28624623
>>28624652
"Tsk..." you walk up to Berry and pull the cowl down to shut her face up. "You're not a very subtle pony, are you?"
>"B-But...!" The mare's big bright eyes stare at you from beyond the cowl.
"Boop" you touch her nose. "Let's go somewhere else."
>You and your friends escort Berry to an alley, making sure nobody sees her.
>"I suppose you haven't fought Aurora? I saw you going into hq..." the mare finally reveals her face.
>"We're on the process of leaving her behind, from what I'm told" Marion rolls a hoof. "What news do you bring?"
>"Ah, well, it's about Old Camp. The town is closer to Imr, so I've heard some interesting news about my parents..." Berry lowers her head and whispers.
"What would that be?"
>"That town used to be guarded by the mounted division. Riders of direwolves, a very small but strong tribe. Problem is, they seem to have broken in the months we were away."
>"What would cause such a well known tribe to, quote, break?" Brunhilde asks, while the rest of you look at her. "What? They -are- renowned! During the last war, they raided the Craglands until the adventurers from the Shovel Mare's party stopped them!"
"Whoa... so what's the problem? Is the town unsafe?"
>"It might be... I believe they were summoned by the king. If there's any of them left in town, they'll be alone against the monsters, and believe me" she comes even closer to your faces, "no matter how good they are, only Aurora Comet has a reputation as a solo artist."
>"This is troubling, I fear for the citizens" Marion ponders. "How long is the town from here?"
>"Just a day's journey walking across the trail that leads out of the southern gate. You can also reach the base of the mountains leading to Demonview from the Old Camp" the mare turns around and puts the cowl on. "This will be the last time Ante or I interfere. If you need more information, you'll need to see for yourselves. Boop" before you can stop her, she returns you the favor.
>>
>>28624835
We better go then.
>>
>>28624835
Tell her we really appreciate her and Ante's help and we hope to meet again. While on the road ask Live where her home and family is.
>>
>>28624835
Any messages for your family you'd like us to pass along? We should also tell her what we talked with Aurora about so they'll be able to help the army when they arrive.
>>
>>28624877
>>28624919
>>28624940
"Thanks. We really appreciate everything you've done, and Ante too. Do you have family in Old Camp? We could carry a message for them..."
>"Nah, my family is all right here" the mare replies with a smile, beginning to walk away.
"Wait! Tell Ante that we warmed up Aurora to the idea of soldiers arriving, so she won't react badly to our ponies!"
>"Pfft, that's now what worries us" Berry's voice gets lost in the distance as she takes a turn out of the alley.
>"Well, you heard her... road trip?" Merry shrugs.
"Of course. It's morning, if we get on the road right now, we might as well arrive at Old Camp before sunfall."
>So you do, after thanking the inn owners and packing your stuff, you get on the road with the supplies you still carry. Your new uniforms protect you from the passing gusts of cold wind until you reach the forest.
>"I still can't believe we're wearing these" Merry smiles. "Soo comfy!"
"We still have to pick the name. I think The Peacemakers sounds like the most legendsy one. Definitely worth shouting if we have the chance."
>"If you have the chance indeed" Marion cackles.
>"I'd vote for that" Live Fire takes place next to you.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn265.png (64KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn265.png
64KB, 400x400px
>>28625309
"How are you holding up, Live? This must be the farthest you've been from home, like us."
>"Mhm. Everypony's still marveling about all the lands we're visiting" the cragmare replies. "I wish I could have seen my mom and dad."
"Where are they? Still in Star?"
>"I hope they are. Or else, I'd start feeling a bit frightened..." the mare shivers a bit.
"Don't worry, when the army arrives at these parts, we'll ask them to send a letter. Would that help?"
>"Defineightely!" Fire squees and hugs your chest, soft whinnies coming out of the jacket.
>After walking and resting at regular intervals, you arrive at a new section of the forest. Here, the wind carries a distant sound. And for you, a voice you hadn't heard in a while, speaking directly into your heart.
""Knit, there are enemies about. Protect your lives.""
"Will do" you think towards your mysterious friend. "Did you ponies hear that?"
>"Yes, a high pitched sound..." Marion gets the crossbow out. "Wait here" he and Clearsoul scout ahead, returning with the news. "This is bad. There's a direwolf laying somewhere nearby, and he sounds hurt."
>"Sounds" Clearsoul corrects. "If he's truly hurt, well... direwolves and ponies are partners. But it might be a trap for unwary travelers. It might be one of those who had to leave, and seeks revenge on the kingdom."

Back tomorrow. I wanted to put another update in, but I'm falling asleep again. I'm sorry, these couple of months are still happening.
>>
>>28621849
Derpi tag then? I'd like to see more of your art
>>
voice! will this dog be an enemy in the near future?if not we can go to him.
>>
>>28625316
Let's stay away from it guys. I smell a trap...
>>
I think dogs are cute so we should help them. I don't think dogs can fake being hurt like that. if they can then that is one very well trained dog and somepony is taking a long shot thinking we'll go to try and help it instead of avoiding the creature.
>>
>>28625398
I don't think there's one, I'm sorry, I have no plans to expand anywhere outside /mlp/ and I don't think anyone else does. You can read and see all the CYOA's I've done in Anonpone, this is the fourth one so far.
>>
bumping.
even if it is a trap i would rather walk into it then risk it being an actual pup in trouble and we ignore it.
>>
>>28628178
>>28630407
But we would be risking our friend's lives for a DIRE WOLF and this is directly the voice warned us.
>>
>>28631656
Yeah, but it's kinda intruiging if it could be our friend. Imagine us riding a direwolf into the kings castle.
>>
>>28626085
>>28626107
>>28628178
>>28630407
>>28631656
>>28631742
"I'd hate not to help someone in need. Let me scout ahead, I want to think about this."
>"Be quick, we're running out of daylight" Marion reminds you.
>After you've walked ahead and left the group behind, you check nobody's followed you and contact your friendly voice.
"Hey, voice! Is the dog good or bad? I don't want to walk right into a trap" You beam thoughts into your mind. A minute passes before the answer is heard.
""...He's not a dog, though. He's a direwolf.""
"Geez!" You plant a hoof in your face. "I was just generalizing! Is it a trap or not, please tell me!"
""Hmmm... I'll let you know.""
"What's that supposed to mean!?" You yell out loud.
>"Uh... Knit?" A voice behind you suddenly makes your fur stand up. Merry approaches with a soft rustling of wings. "Are you alright? You were kinda talking to yourself."
"M-Me? Oh, no, that's fine, that's...!" You try to hide the twitching of your eye. "I was trying to calm down! With some... exercises. I'm a bit stressed about it, I want to make the right decis- whoa!" Your sentence is cut by the fluffy pegasus' chest in your face.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn266.png (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn266.png
42KB, 400x400px
>>28631831
>"Oh, poor Knit, trying to shield the team so many times!" The mare cuddles you with authority. "We really need to spend some more nights together, the worry about your friends and the mission is making you do rash things!"
"Uuh... yeah! I'm sorry, I just... I'm not thinking properly. Let's decide with the rest" you head back. Phew.
>In the end, you decide to risk it and carefully check on the direwolf, but only some of you. Without clear words from the voice, you still smell a trap, and who better to investiage without activating it than the top scouts?
>With Marion, Clearsoul and yourself up front, you circle the area where the sounds are coming from. You can hear them, a low, pained growl.
>Suddenly, you see him across a clearing. Large, with pearl grey fur and covered in scratches, scars and missing patches, the huge wolf rests on the ground, one of his legs caught in a narrow hole.
"It... kind of looks like a big dog" you sigh. Without making a move, the big creature sniffs the air.
>"Ponies... ponies!" He suddenly speaks with a strong, adult voice. "Don't come any closer! It's a trap, they lie in wait! Go to Old Camp, find my partner!" While he speaks, the leg in the hole begins to move inwards, trapping part of his backside underground as well. "Hurry!"
>>
>>28631837
ask the direwolf who his partner is. Give us a name! then let's go to old town.
>>
>>28631837
Do as he says and run.
>>
File: witn267.png (125KB, 400x400px)
witn267.png
125KB, 400x400px
>>28631878
>>28632137
>This comes as a shock, but the realization that something might be watching you and your friends hits you faster.
"A-A name! Give us a name!" You yell from the bushes, while with your hooves motioning for Marion and Clearsoul to leave.
>"Par... his hame is Par...!" The big wolf is unable to finish his sentence, the earth literally swallowing him whole. The forest rests again.
>"Knit, what were those sounds, we heard yelling...!" Brunhilde and the others come looking for you, Marion and Clearsoul. You inform them of everything... "What...? Oh, great. It was a trap. Yahoo."
>"Brun! What's important is that the direwolf is in danger!" Live Fire covers her muzzle.
>"Let's get to Old Camp, fast" Marion orders.
>You gallop across the woods, following the old trail until finally, with the last rays of sunlight, you come into a narrow valley, here where the forest ends. nested in between small mountains lies the Old Camp.
"Whoa..." you can't help but thank the stars for the good timing. Under the golden light, the old structures, ruins of centuries long gone, stand tall and impressive.
>Along with the old ruins, there are several empty posts and feeding stops. You help yourselves then head to the gates. There's just an iron grid lowered, the city in clear view inside.
>"These walls are a bit odd..." Merry comments on their deteriorated state.
>"Oh, I heard some time ago that they made them seem old" Live Fire explains. "Something like cultural enrichment, or whatever."
>"Eugh" the pegasus ruffles her wings and flies inside. Soon enough, she returns. "You know, without ponies to actually guard the wall, it is as useful as a flat spoon" she replies as the iron grid opens.
>"Welcome, strangers" a burly stallion replies. "It's been quite a while since the routes were open. Come to enjoy the retreat, or try to sneak your way into the Craglands?" He asks with a smile.
>>
I now realize that if something is holding him underground then clearsoul could maybe attack it or back stab it.
>>
>>28632146
Neither! We're looking for a pony named par that's missing a dire wolf. We just saw him get swallowed up by the earth.
>>
File: witn268.png (51KB, 400x400px)
witn268.png
51KB, 400x400px
>>28632161
"Neither! We're looking for a pony named Par, or something like that!" You decide to skip the stories. "He has a direwolf friend, who fell into a trap! We need to speak with him urgently!"
>"Par...? Oh! You mean our defender, Partisan Way!" The burly pony reacts with shock. "You mean Al was captured? Then I'll take you straight to him, everypony here misses that big pupper already!"
>With the help of the gatekeeper, who styles himself after the odd name of Shambles, you reach the army barracks, a much militaristic looking building with spikes along the walls and its own small moat, followed by iron gate. However, the bridge is lowered, and the gate open.
>"We don't get a lot of action lately, heh..." Shambles explains. "Other than the monsters... but they would never dare get into town! There, you can find Partisan inside!" He shows you the way to a sort of common study, rows of desks lined up for many ponies to work. However, you find there's only one pony inside.
>"Who goes in the night?" The captain, a male pegasus covered in scars and with a tattered wing, speaks through his bushy eyebrows.
"Sir Partisan, we've got no time to explain, but we met your direwolf friend on our way here" you quickly take the lead. "He fell for some creature's trap, and is now being held somewhere underground, on a clearing near the path to Imr!"
>"What!?" The pegasus rushes up to you. "Is that true, stranger? What color was his fur?"
"I-It was light grey, almost pearl... with big ears..." you corroborate. "I can tell you the directions to where we found him, but if you'd like some help..."
>WIthout heeding a single more word, the pegasus flies away at staggering speed, leaving you and your friends in the dark study.
>"Weell..." Merry rotates a hoof. "I'm not sure what to do now. It's night, but that pony just went outside..."
>>
>>28632534
Well we can't let him be out there all on his own. We gotta go back out there and help him.
>>
>>28632534
Lets go help him.
>>
>>28632569
>>28632641
"Sigh, we can't let him go all on his own" you turn towards your mates with a look of sadness. "I know it's unfair, but..."
>"Ah, bollocks to that!" Merry replies, doing a loop above your heads. "Nopony said we didn't want to help the doggo."
>"Yeah! Even if it's dark and scary, we need to help everyone in need of saving!" Live Fire gets excited.
>With just a few words of instruction for the gatekeeper to stay at his post and ready, you leave Aphid with him and head back down the trail you just came from. Eventually, you reach the area where the trap was laid, in the dead of the night.
>"Wow... I can't see a thing" Clearsoul notices the thickness of the treetops. You and Brunhilde light your horns up, while Merry prepares some torches. "Thank you."
>"Who...? Oh, it's you again" suddenly, the figure of Partisan Way appears in between the trees. "I saw indications that Al was here at some point. Is this where you saw him?"

(1/2)
>>
File: witn269.png (59KB, 400x400px)
witn269.png
59KB, 400x400px
>>28632811
"Yes, over there, in that clearing. But be careful, there will be enemies waiting for somepony to spring the trap."
>"I couldn't care less what sort of idiotic trap they want to throw at me! Al! AL!!" The pegasus flies around, calling for his friend. Suddenly, chunks of rock and dirt erupt from the ground. "What the...!?"
>"Everypony down!" Marion throws Clearsoul and Live Fire to the floor. The rest of you cover your heads and wait for the rain of rocks to stop. Out of the corner of your eye, you see Partisan clear some rocks with his bare hooves.
>"Show yourselves! I've taken on more monsters than anypony could count, I don't fear you!" He flies in circles, maddened, until finally, a blinding light sparks amidst the trees. "Ugh!"
"What in the heck are those!!?" You look at the newly arrived monsters with curiosity.
>Two of them, bipedal and made of what seems to be solid rock, standing in silly, almost flamboyant poses. The center one is made of pure flame, a ghastly figure with two hands joined together in the middle, and two mischievous eyes directed at you.
>"Elementals... what's your matter with us, huh!?" Partisan gets ready, landing before you. "Be careful, one of them will stay behind to buff its partners!" As soon as he ends his sentence, the two rock monsters run forwards at a speed that almost defies your eye. "Here they come!"

Back tomorrow. It's a holiday, so I can come back and run.
>>
Merry can take on the rock guy on the left, live fire on the right. Marion can cover them while us and brun throw exploding snowballs like we did in the outpost at the fire elemental.
>>
It's a good thing we came, otherwise partisan would have had some trouble.
>>
>>28632826
Oh shit! It's those rock dudes! Let's have Marion come with us to take on the fire one while the rest distract the rock dudes.
>>
if games taught me anything rocks are weak to water attacks.
>>
have a good night page 10.
>>
>>28633267
>>28634348
>>28634862
https://soundcloud.com/finstheaudio/the-nine-lands-elementary
>"Scatter!" Marion calls with just one second of reaction. Everyone moves away to avoid the charge of the elementals, while they hit the ground and rocks nearby, crushing them to pieces.
"Ponies, take care of those two! Marion, Brun, we have the range to take on the fire one!" You call for your friends. As Partisan said, the fire entity remains still on the other side of the clearing, floating slightly above the ground.
>"W-Wait, how are we supposed to...!" Merry complains. In that moment, Partisan dashes past her. "Owie!"
>"Don't stand there and attack! They're not invulnerable!" The pegasus tackles one of the monsters, with Merry behind, while Live Fire tackles the other one.
>"Knit, I can cover us, but I don't think my bolts can do anything about pure fire" Marion whispers while you and Brunhilde charge your ice spells.
"Then help the others, and cover us! I'm sure the other elementals will notice Brunhilde and I attacking their buffer!"

(1/2)
>>
>>28639642
>In that moment, you catch a glimpse of Partisan going back the way he came, except this time it's against his will, sent flying by one of the elementals' punches. The colt slides across the ground, knocked out.
>"Kniiit, we can't get hit by them!" Live Fire claims, avoiding the monster's punches.
>While Marion covers your rear, you and Brunhilde fire a barrage of iceballs at the fire elemental. They explode and puff into a small scale snowstorm, sending the creature backwards with a high pitched groan. Every now and then, you throw one at the rock elementals, with decent results.
>"They noticed you!" Marion calls. The rock elementals are looking in your direction with their featureless faces. Just then, another breeze: Partisan wakes up and charges against them.
>The battle goes on for a while, you unicorns pushing the fire elemental while the others hit the rock ones. They manage to hold on, until finally, one of the creatures smashes the ground with a powerful blow, opening a crack in the ground that begins to swallow you whole. Merry flies away, while Partisan gets locked in furious battle, tumbling down.
>"We-We're faaaalling!" Brunhilde grabs your neck with her hooves, the ground under the two of you giving up under your hooves.
>>
>>28639651
We can try to use rope to tie a noose and then put it around a rock sticking out?
>>
>>28639651
Quicksand? If so we absolutely can't panic.
>>
>>28639686
>>28639730
>You have just a moment to come up with a plan. Grabbing some rope with your magic, you create a lasso and throw it out into the nearest big rock that you can see.
>The trick works just right, and at the last second, you manage to hang just barely with Brunhilde attached to your waist line. Looking down, you see nothing but darkness, the elementals gone.
>"What... what was that!?" The unicorn tries not to slip off your fur.
"Hmm..." you inspect the whole with your light spell. "It looks like they caused a fissure. At least it wasn't quicksand, lemme tell you that."
>"Thank you very much!" The unicorn puffs her cheeks. "Hey, down there! Is everypony alright!"
>Multiple grumbles and mumbles echo out of the hole.
>"I think... I think we're fine!" Marion relays.
>"I can't see a thing!" Clearsoul whines.
>"Hold on guys, I'm bringing torches!" Merry appears, flying down into the hole.
>"There's something here!!" Live Fire screams.
>"It's me" a familiar, low voice rumbles. "I told you, you should have..."
>"Al? Is that you, friend?" Partisan asks. The torches are lit and you're able to see your friends, trapped in a hole of great dimensions.
>"Par...? Oh, now I'm relieved" the direwolf sighs. "It's great seeing you again, despite the circumstances."
>"Come here, you" the pegasus gives his partner a big fluffy hug. "Are you trapped right now, can you move?"
>"Yes, and it looks like the hole is open" Al replies. "But the elementals... are they gone?"
>"No, and they will come back any time now" Marion replies. "Knit, and whoever is up there, we need to come up with a plan to move us out! I suppose the ponies aren't a problem, but the direwolf..."
>>
>>28639916
We're going to need a lot of rope. Also Merry us and brun can pull while two ponies hold on and climb out. Then we can all try to pull the dog out in a improvised net?
>>
>>28639952
This pretty much.
>>
File: witn270.png (74KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn270.png
74KB, 400x400px
>>28639952
>>28640074
"Maybe if we all work together, we can bring Al here. Let's focus on you guys first!"
>Using all your spare rope, and a great deal of effort from you, Merry, Brunhilde, you help everyone else climb the steep hole. Partisan seems to be hurt, but he doesn't complain and bears it while checking on his direwolf friend every now and then.
>"Alright" Marion replies after everyone is up there. "No sign of the elementals... how do you propose we bring him up?"
"I don't know, I was thinking maybe a net? We can try to craft something with all this rope..."
>You examine the amount of rope, make calculations based on traps you know, and weave together a net with the help of your friends. After throwing it down and making sure the direwolf is secure, you all begin to pull up.
>"Come on, ponies!!" Merry rouses the party. "What kind of nords are you!?"
>"T-The kind that doesn't d-d-do hoof labor!" Brunhilde complains.
>Your magic burns out quickly, and you resort to using your hooves and mouth. With silent grunts, the seven of you keep pulling. Halfway through, you begin feeling unbearably hot.
"G-Guys, is it me, or it's getting hotter?"
>"I don't know whatchu talkin' about, keep pulling!" Merry snarks.
"I don't know how much I'll take..."
""Knit, behind you!"" The voice suddenly assaults your mind like a projectile, throwing you off.
>>
>>28640240
Dammit. We should have used a rock as a counter weight. Let go of the rope and fight the elemental one on one with ice splashes!
>>
>>28640240
Shield!
>>
>>28640240
Quickly throw a ring at it. Maybe it will disrupt it?
>>
File: witn271.png (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
witn271.png
21KB, 400x400px
>>28640302
>>28640373
>>28640383
"Oh CRAP...!!" Reactivating your horn in one last mental push, you create a warding shield while at the same time flinging one of your rings at the creature. The blades go through, while the ward successfully stops a move.
>"Knit, the rope...!" Clearsoul yells.
"Like I can focus on that!" You avoid another hit from the fiery hands, and move away from the group. "I'll keep it busy, keep pulling!"
>You run around the hole with the fire elemental in tow, throwing iceballs at it and warding yourself from the hands of fire. You can hear the strain in your friends' voices, so you try to make a quick work of it, but it's a really tough opponent. At some point, you become locked in battle, the fire spreading around you, burning you, seconds of pain and anxiety as you shoot ice everywhere and fight for your life...
>"Al!" You hear Partisan shout as the direwolf finally makes it up to the top. The fire elemental turns around, its curiosity aroused...
>"Hyaah!" And meets a boot of solid iron. Live Fire somehow manages to knock it out of the clearing with a big hit. "Knit!" She lets go of her boots and runs to you just in time to catch you.
"Hah... perfect timing" you mutter in her legs. "How did you...?"
>"Brun did... she covered the boots on ice. Knit, your..."
"It's fine, it's fine" you get up, your strength returning to you a little. "See?"
>"No, Knit, I mean... your eyebrows..."
"Huh?" You tap your face with a hoof. Where there should be a couple of moderately bushy brows, there's nothing. "Oh... ah, hahah..." your brows that you inherited from your mother are... "W-What a night, ey... and now it's raining and everything..."
>"Knit, it's not..."
"This is fine..."

More tomorrow, ho.
>>
this is a tragic loss. we must wear some kind of hat to hide our shame for sometime.
>>
bumping from 10
>>
I know the hair is going to grow back but the question is how long will we have to wait without eyebrows? Let's count our blessings like the pupper being safe and us being alive and beating an elemental in a fight.
Thread posts: 255
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.