[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What prompted her to use magic to achieve her goals here? She

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1474866681141[1].png (400KB, 440x507px) Image search: [Google]
1474866681141[1].png
400KB, 440x507px
What prompted her to use magic to achieve her goals here?

She hasn't really done it in the past, except to Big Mac if I recall but that in itself was a pretty light spell. In this last episode she goes for full mind control, but when trying to make a friend or talk to Sunburst, she didn't use any spells.She probably knows a ridiculous amount that could've helped
>>
shit writing
>>
>>28510818
it was a main plot point, she tried to tackle all lessons at once, and the M5 weren't following glimmer plan (rainbow dash not finding a place to chillax in the castle, fluttershy wanting to go to the tower, applejack taking too long, etc.)
>>
>>28510818
Because she sees them as lessers, and her first response to get those she views as lesser to get what she wants is to mentally dominate them. She was a cult leader after all.
>>
>>28510818
Magic is fun. If I had magic, Id use it for everything.
>>
She's an autistic piece of trash that everyone babies and lets get away with practically anything
>She destroyed the planet
>B-but she was really really sad that her boyfriend left her when she was a little kid
>She took control of ponies minds
>B-but she felt really bad about it after Twilight explained that it's wrong to mind control other ponies
>>
>>28510818
She used magic to solve her problems since her first appearance, when she used her magic to take away other ponies cutie marks.
>>
>>28510898
>>28510871
>>28510870
>>28510870
I was talking more about No Second Prances and the premiere, she doesn't really use it there but here was all too keen

>>28510847
Things weren't going exactly her way in those episodes too
>>
>>28510818
I think it was the writer trying to make her seem like a total introvert with no friend making abilities.
>>
>>28510818
Sunburst was her first friendship lesson. Since her magic lessons and friendship lessons have been done side by side, she didn't know as many spells then. She actually mentioned the possibility of solving things with magic at the time and Sunburst listed a few spells that could have helped, but it didn't end up going anywhere.
>>
I still can't believe they set up the "I can be in two places at once" spell and used mind control instead. Glimmer exhausting herself/baking all of AJ's family photos into a cake while sewing a bear into a dress and chillaxing in the fridge would have been just as funny as the mind control shenanigans without the grey morality.
>>
>>28510826
This.
>>
>>28514883
The writers could have used the mindcontrol anyway, but with the twist that it was the magic clone who did it, and explaning that the clone only has a limited intelect, with the "I must please Starlinght and make Twilight feel proud" base mindset that made it use what it thought was the optimal solution.

Double twist: Starlight wasn't aware of what her magic clone did and so, every little thing she said was interpreted as orders by the mane 6, Starlight assumed they were just being friendly and it took her until the third act to finally realize up what was happening.
>>
File: 1474731851897.png (555KB, 929x675px) Image search: [Google]
1474731851897.png
555KB, 929x675px
>>28512512
In No Second Prances you have the whole Big Mac thing, but she also helped Trixie with her stunt. Her solution to the trick was 'lol I'll just teleport you out of the Manticore's stomach. EZ.'

Literally the only place where she didn't use her magic to solve problems was the premiere, and that's pretty justifiable since:

>The crush that caused her to go insane was the problem
>She thought he was an 'important wizard' so most likely she didn't think any spell she tried on him would work.
>She was afraid of letting him know about all the crazy shit she did because of him so obviously didn't want to show off her magic.

Other than that, every single appearance of her had her trying (and usually failing) to use magic in invasive ways to solve a problem. Anyone who didn't see the behavior in this episode coming a mile away must've actually bought into the whole 'lol old-glim nu-glim XDDD' meme.
>>
>>28510818
Why did Twilight make three young fillies fight over a pony doll?
>>
>>28515450
Because she couldn't find a friendship problem

Here Starlight was struggling with a friendship problem, but it's not the first time that's happened

>>28515380
The Big Mac thing was pretty tame in comparison though. Helping Trixie with her stunt had less to do with solving the problem since they were already friends by that point and more to do with just wanting to help.

Basically she's so OP with magic and seems pretty keen on using it, that there's surely some spells she could have used in those situations too to help her solve those problems, but she didn't
>>
>>28514856
I got the impression that it was more magic training that she did with Twilight since they seemed on a similar level, but now you mention it they were referred to as "lessons" weren't they?
>>
>>28510818
Shes an amoral sociopath
Also has a fetish for efficiency
>>
>>28510818
We've been over this, sometimes ponies aren't very smart.
>>
>>28514883
>>28514988
Except the duplication spell seems to work like the double cherry in Mario 3D world, in that everything the original does, the copy has to do as well, so it's not like she could have the copy bake while the original sews or anything.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.