[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think the movie will win any awards?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0880.jpg (31KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0880.jpg
31KB, 182x268px
Do you think the movie will win any awards?
>>
>>28508755
Absolutely not.
>>
>>28508755
Hasbro doesn't want awards, they only want shekels.
Just buy their crap and they will be happy as if they had won an oscar.
>>
>>28508755
My bets are on some music awards. Ingram deserves it and I'm 100% sure he's doing his best, so I expect the music to be something award-worthy.
But I don't think that the movie will win too many awards. Look at the LEGO movie, it was a great movie, many people loved it, but the Academy completely ignored it because it was a commercial. It will be exactly the same with this movie, if not even worse.
>>
>>28508755
You have to bribe the judges if you want to win any awards. I doubt hasjew will be doing any of that.
>>
>>28508755
A Golden Globe nomination for sure, MAYBE an Oscar nom if the Academy really feels like giving a middle finger to Disney/Pixar. 2017 is a weak year for them.

I'm only counting on Golden Globe and People's Choice though.
>>
>>28508755
Golden raspberry
>>
>MLP Movie wins an Oscar;
>People with the "most refined taste" start massively watching it;
>They discover myriads of tragic underlines and hidden messages;
>Critics praise the outstanding depth of a such masterpiece;
>MLP immediately reinstated as immortal classic in eyes of the crowd;
>Childern go over MLP in schools.

And only writers have not even slightest idea of what the fuck is actually going on.
>>
File: 1454416018266.png (188KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
1454416018266.png
188KB, 620x620px
>>28508755
nyet.
Maybe one nomination

>>28508796
>The Lego Movie got completely ignored by the Acadamy
How worthless are the oscars at judging animated movies?
>>
>>28508755
Hopefully not.

Hasbro doesn't deserve it for ruining it in advanced.
>>
If it's not Disney then nobody cares
>>
>>28508755
Will be the biggest box office flop
There is an award for that?
>>
>>28508915
The Razzies, I believe.
>>
>>28508915
>Biggest box office flop
Even EQG movies didn't flop, boyo and they are utter shit.
They may have sold little but I am sure they costed less than half of what they sold.
>>
>>28508974
EQG has waifus. What poner movie has?
>>
File: l2A6e2p.png (180KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
l2A6e2p.png
180KB, 400x400px
>>28508989
>It is another EQG poster desperately fishing for easy (You)s
I see a pattern here.
>Create a problem (troll with EQG)
>Complain about people hating on you for creating said problem pretending to be legit
>Enjoy the easy (You)s
>>
>>28508755
Ha ha, fuck no.
>>
>>28508865
very cynical
but kek
>>
>>28508755
It will win a Darwin Award.
>>
>>28508755
I think they've got a chance.
Didn't season 5 premiere won some award?
>>
File: image.gif (12KB, 108x104px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
12KB, 108x104px
Even if is good, probably not, is doom just by fact is about ponies, also by the brony stigma
>>
Face it, gen 4 is now in all time low. It's just downhill from here till the end.
I only wish it could end sooner and less painful.
2 years ago I had high hopes for this movie and I imagined it would win awards and respect but now? I just don't know anymore.
>>
>>28509049
Starlight was confirmed as not being in the movie.
Only Spike and the Mane 6.
>>
well we've got a year to see how it does so let's at least hope for some level of good
>>
>>28508822
No, Cars 3 will win an Oscars in 2017.
>>
>>28508865
Yes, the MLP movie will get a raspberry awards for worst screenplay, worst director, and worst picture of 2017.
>>
>>28509114
I know, is just my reaction image

>inb4 you're fag
>>
>>28508974
Biggest box office flop since Mars Needs Moms in 2011?

Okay, I believe you, anon.
>>
>>28509540
Do you really think EQG production was more than 450k dollars?
A single episode of the show is 75k dollars, even if you multiply that x3, it is still a fucking joke as price goes.
>>
>>28509559
>A single episode of the show is 75k dollars
Source? Before or after the tax credit?
>>
>>28509569
That's what fags say, in threads about "we shul make ur oun shaw xD".
Still let's assume that Hasbro really fucked up and they "lost" money on EQG. So what, they achieved what they wanted which was publicity and the dolls are selling, who the hell cares about anything else?
>>
>>28508755
Razzies.
>>
>>28509600
That's not what I asked for, I asked for a source on these figures, I'm actually genuinely curious about what an episode costs to produce on average and I have no interest in whatever discussion is taking place in this thread aside from my question.
>>
>>28509670
Oh ok, then I don't know really.
>>
>>28508755
>Do you think the movie will win any awards?
Yeah, it'll win an Ursa Major Award. :^)

Oscar-wise, it would never go past the nominations simply because it isn't Disney/Pixar, but just a nomination at the Oscars would mean a hell of a lot more than a Daytime Emmy win.
>>
>>28508755
>My Little Pony: The Movie wins multiple big awards including an Oscar and Golden Globe
>Becomes known as one of the best animated movies of the year
>Tons of salt and tears from people who hate the show and it's fanbase

Now that you mention it I want it to win lots of awards. Not for any of the right reasons mind you but the shitstorm would be hilarious.
>>
Maybe some insignificant award from a ceremony that nobody has heard of, but nothing of any note.

The show lost an Emmy to this piece of shit just because of what the MLP franchise is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr47f9c9caM

Even if the movie deserves and award in some category (which it probably won't), there is no way it will win. As for the people bringing up the Oscars, I would be shocked if it is even nominated.
>>
File: oscarvoters-survey.jpg (71KB, 580x927px) Image search: [Google]
oscarvoters-survey.jpg
71KB, 580x927px
>>28508890
>How worthless are the oscars at judging animated movies?

You tell me
>>
>>28510672
>just because of what the MLP franchise is
The Daytime Emmys are made for soap operas and mild children's programming. It's for stay-at-home moms, preschoolers, and the elderly.

The show lost to True Bromance because True Bromance is the kind of inoffensive, quirky, "lol this is pretty cute barbara, thought u'd like it :)" bland humour you'd share on Facebook. Basically, the kind of thing the soap opera audience would find funny.
>>
>>28508796
>LEGO movie was ignored
That was a genuinely good movie. I always thought these awards were memes but this proves it. Just a bunch of snobs picking what they consider high art (proven by >>28510837).
>>
>>28510875
The LEGO Movie snub was actually pretty high profile, too. It was commented on by even mainstream media, and I remember seeing people carrying a LEGO trophy around.
>>
>>28510896
I watched it with a few friends when we were like "well, what sounds like something dumb to watch". Ended up picking the LEGO Movie, nobody expected it to be this good. We were all blown away. I can definitely see why it's mentioned by important people.
>>
>>28510918
I watched Frozen and the Lego Movie back to back in the same evening. I have to say that I enjoyed the Lego Movie more.
>>
File: BLEEAGH.png (50KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
BLEEAGH.png
50KB, 250x240px
>>28510672
That's such bullshit
the snail song should have won

>>28510837
Why even have a contest for something half the damn judges aren't even bothering to watch.

>that filth faggot
You had one fucking job and you chose to be a waste of space.
>>
>>28511391
>the snail song should have won
I agree. It was the only legitimate competition to the MLP song.
>>
File: 1435740539328.jpg (132KB, 600x514px) Image search: [Google]
1435740539328.jpg
132KB, 600x514px
>>28510875
Aw man, Lego movie. Now THAT was a toy commercial done right.

Lord and Miller are great.
>>
>>28510837
Yup this is pretty accurate, and its a well known fact the "judges" have had shit taste for years or think watching an animated movie is beneath them.
just look at the fact they all chose frozen
>>
>>28508796
The LEGO Movie had a nominated song, though.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.