[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Know How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: Flutter Gluck.png (1MB, 1125x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Flutter Gluck.png
1MB, 1125x1024px
Does anybody know how to write a fanfic that captivate audience that have good taste?
>>
>>28502387
Kill yourself already you fucking /b/tarded namefag cocksucker.
>>
>>28502387
Make the story about a good waifu. And then make her fall in love with the reader.
>>
>>28502395
I'll do it but only after you.
>>
File: 11928-American-Eagle.jpg (106KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
11928-American-Eagle.jpg
106KB, 500x375px
>>28502387
So like....Here's what I think.

>Imagery
No one can see what you see, so you have to describe it to them creatively.

>Colorful words
Idioms, similes, metaphors ect... The more colorful your descriptions and word choice the better.

>Dialouge
Good conversations that lead to something, never skimp on the dialogue, if there's a conversation, write it out, don't gloss over it unless it's super unnecessary.

>Write things that you enjoy
Plain and simple, you won't make a good story unless you're having fun. How can your read have fun if you didn't even have fun?

>Don't ask to continue
If you have something to bring to the table, bring it. You're not getting paid for this, you never will, don't attention whore.

IF you want to write something, write it. Because there are allot of people lurking and let me tell you people are reading it. It's just that people often opt out of posting here. If what you wrote was very good, people will react.

That's what this is really about in my opinion, reactions, can you make someone sperg out, can you make someone feel, can you make someone laugh?

>Practice makes perfect
You just have to keep writing and improving. Take the 4chan criticism and roll with it. That's how I improved.

Also no I won't give you muh paste bin.
>>
>>28502387
We don't even know how to have good taste.
>>
>>28502387
DELET "HOW I RITE FANFIC" THREADS
>>
>>28502387
Where are your fucking emails, cunt?
>>
File: 11209876324.png (97KB, 634x633px) Image search: [Google]
11209876324.png
97KB, 634x633px
>>28502387
>fanfic
>good taste
>>
>>28502602
>>28502387

>Imagery
Remember, this is 4chan and people are coming here for some simple MLP fan stories, don't go over the top with it. Depending on the story, it can be off putting if you do extreme detail.

>Colorful words
Same as above. You can use new words to add diversity, but don't go fucking scientific on everyone unless it's science related.

>Dialogue
Nothing more to say.

>White things that you enjoy
Good advice.

>Don't ask to continue
Good advice, keep writing, as long as you like it, that's good. You'll want to make it better and trying to make yourself feel better by pushing your writing to the limit will draw others in.

>Practice
All writing helps.
>>
So do the opposite of this
>The following advice is true on /mlp/, Fanfiction.net, and Fimfiction.

Try to avoid shipping. People will downvote you for including a ship they don't like. (Obviously, downvotes only apply to Fimfiction, but the other two sites have their own equivalents which I'm sure you can infer for yourself.)

Use both indentation and line break for dividing chapters. For scene breaks, use a horizontal rule. Obviously doesn't apply to greentext stories.

Don't use any dialogue tag besides "said". Doing so is a violation of the holy scrit of writing.

Never use semicolons. They come off as pretentious and will confuse anyone who doesn't know how semicolons work, which will be most of your readers.

Don't be original. Originality is the fanfic-killer. There are certain themes and conventions that you are expected to follow. If you subvert, criticize, mock, or in any way defile those conventions, you will get downvoted into the toilet.

Try to make your descriptions as flowery as possible. Even if it's incomprehensible and doesn't hold up to scrutiny, purple prose will make the masses feel smart.

Related to the above, make sure your word count is as big as possible. The masses are impressed by big numbers. So be sure to add as much filler as possible.

Make sure you lay out all character motivations and feelings neatly, clearly, and with no ambiguity, as you are writing for people with special needs. There will be a few people who will criticize you for this, but they are a very small minority, and they probably won't notice your story in the first place if you don't please the masses. Most readers will criticize you for -not- doing this, as they will put you at fault for not explaining these things properly.

Related to the above, don't write complex plots. The masses don't like piecing together plot threads and plot elements any more than they like inferring character motivations. Keep it as simple as you can.
>>
>>28502387
>how to write a fanfic that captivate audience that have good taste
You have to put your _Nyx in it.
>>
>>28502387
Just make it lewd. No matter what, people will come and read it. Just not in that order :^)
>>
>>28502387

>fanfic

That's your problem, Anon.
>>
>>28502387
If you write, you better write the dialogue well. Dialogue in most fanfictions is just awful. In order to have a character have good dialogue, you have to know the character extremely well, and understand how they think and what they do. What they do goes along with what they say DURING it.

Let's do a little roleplay, huh?

You're walking with a glass of water. The thing is pretty full, one wrong move and it'll splash. Then, out of nowhere, a pony bumps into you, the water now spilling on you. Your body is soaked. The pony gasps and says the following:

>"Oh my word, I'm so sorry! I had no idea you were standing there! My, I've created such a mess, haven't I?"

You say you're alright and forgive her. Before you move away, however, she stops you and says:

>"Please, dear, allow me to at least try to dry you off. It's the least I can do, no?"

Who is this pony? Can you guess by the dialogue and subtle actions?
>>
File: $5Special.gif (1MB, 328x311px) Image search: [Google]
$5Special.gif
1MB, 328x311px
>>28503114
is it nyx?
>>
>>28503114
Rarity?
Maybe Fluttershy
>>
>>28503131
Correct. It's Rarity.

Now tell the classrom how you got your answer.

>>28503128
I hate myself for saving this.
>>
>>28503153
>Oh my word, I'm so sorry.
>I've created such a mess, haven't I?
That's what told me it's Rarity.
Although, she isnt nice enough to help you dry off. She would yell at you for almost getting her mane wet.
>>
File: 1474510104146.png (495KB, 594x429px) Image search: [Google]
1474510104146.png
495KB, 594x429px
>>28502387
>illary clinton doesn't even know how to write a proper fanfic
This is why Trump will win
>>
File: HowSheGotHerCutieMark.gif (3MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
HowSheGotHerCutieMark.gif
3MB, 320x320px
>>28503153
It's Okay, I hated myself for making it.....

>>28503114
Also, I disagree, you don't need to know the character 100%. You just need to do some research and watch a little bit of youtube on them.
I'd say about two hours max on the main character.

But I do agree that good dialogue is what keeps a green rolling.

I find that just by capturing their preferences in word choice, as well as staying consistent with their history, is all it takes.

Apart from that, you can turn Applejack into Trump supporting super racist, Rainbow Dash into cucket who flicks her twat at the idea of Anon fucking other mares, and many more fun adventures.

I mean hell, I was there when Manos hand of fate took off, as well as when Applejack had a spanking fetish. Good green isn't dependent on what the characters would do, but rather on convincing the reader that they themselves do not know what the character is capable of.

In brief, just make it believable and have fun, the only rule is convince the reader.
>>
File: 1474579581905.png (1MB, 1124x711px) Image search: [Google]
1474579581905.png
1MB, 1124x711px
>>28503252
>Apart from that, you can turn Applejack into Trump supporting super racist
You seem to have forgotten where you are. You're in MAGA country m8
>>
>>28503302
>Subtle implication that racism is a negative trait

Shill harder, Clinton.
>>
Hillary trying to be relateable
>LMAO
>>
>>28502387
You can start by dropping out of the election
>>
>>28504101
After she got hanged and face the guillotine
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.