[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miss us yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 12

File: faust larson.jpg (80KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
faust larson.jpg
80KB, 768x1024px
Miss us yet?
>>
I want Auntie Meghan back. Everyone hated her but I knew she was trying her best.
>>
>>28502335
No, she's nothing but an evil stepmother.
>>
>>28502362
But she was our evil stepmother!
>>
>>28502365
And she's the next Adolf Hitler!
>>
>>28502362
Larson, Rogers and McCarthy are literally what made MLP successfull. Just Faust and her designs woudn't made it. And she wasn't much of a writer.
>>
>>28502335
Agreed. She was getting better and better, and season 5 was the best this show ever was. This sucks.
>>
Lauren Faust wrote pretty mediocre episodes, she is great at coming up with characters and especially the designs, that is what she excels at, that is why she can't work alone, if she were to, it'd be garbage.
>>
>>28502335
She is working on the movie and she still oversaw this season as well as submitted episodes.
>>
>>28502396
Is that why people complain about the back stories in Them's Fighting Herds?
>>
>>28502371
MLP without Lauren's designs, concept, setting and bible/initial lore would be nothing either. Might as wall have been an EQG series
>>
>>28502330
Damn near impossible to keep character development and continuity together when writers are flying in and out of this show. I would love these 2 back forever
>>
>>28502368
But, I like Hitler.
>>
File: 1473527036867.jpg (54KB, 530x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473527036867.jpg
54KB, 530x800px
>tfw McCarthy didnt write anything after Twilight Kingdom
>>
File: loli_mom.png (259KB, 857x480px) Image search: [Google]
loli_mom.png
259KB, 857x480px
>>28502396

The FiM setting itself is her creation, though, it's her childhood headcanon from being a fan of the earlier gens. She made a functioning world from it and that sense of world-building is what sets FiM apart and makes it interesting. I will forever regret getting to explore the universe in her head farther, an intelligent but childlike mind, always growing, spends 10-20 years rethinking something that was never really intended to make sense.

>>28502371

So as far as I'm concerned McCarthy did 9/11.

Sorry but all FiM content not approved by Faust is not canon. That doesn't mean it can't be cute but it's much less interesting since everything fueling that cute is ass-pulled to suit the scenario instead of made to fit into the pre-existing concepts in that universe. There are no power levels, no units, no possibilities because there are endless possibilities - it's just theater now.
>>
>>28502335
I was a Meghanfag before it was cool.
>>
>>28502330
Everyday. I miss you every fucking day. ;_;
Lauren and Mitch, but also Amy and Meghan made this show great.
>>
>>28502330
I never stopped missing those two faggots. Also AKR.
>>
>>28502371
Rogers and Larson made successful but, McCarthy is NOT!
>>
>>28502397
The movie will be a box office flop and she musts be fired!
>>
>>28502503
McCarthy did made reference of 9/11 attacks in the S4 premiere and the S4 finale.
>>
I hate this idea that Lauren made everything in the bible. While it may have had a lot of direct influence, there were plenty of people in the industry in general that she had connections to that were able to input some changes/suggestions/ideas to the bible. I won't say that she wasn't heavy in the production of it, but she did have a lot of help. Hell, there's even a few interviews on the mlp DVDs about her working with Tara prior to submitting the bible to get a voice for Fluttershy (Tara was originally slatted to play Fluttershy if you didn't know).
>>
>>28502742
But this is what made The Lauren a good Fuhrer to begin with, she cared enough to get people who had real talent and receptive enough to their good ideas to include them.
>>
soooo Larson left the show?
>>
>>28502330
i miss you lauren

and sincerely, thanks M.A. Larson. thanks for working on the show.
>>
>>28502330
Faust? I miss her every week.

Mitch "Crown a Bitch" Larson? I miss him now and then.
>>
>>28502330
YES, YES, OMS&L, YES!!!
>>
>>28503174
I miss her every hour...
>>
>>28502330
Larson could only write well under Lauren's supervison. Rogers is the only one who could do good on her own
Where that picture is from btw?
>>
>>28502330
I haven't watched the actual show in a stone's age so I can't begin to miss what I haven't experienced with them gone.
>>
>>28503199
True, and also Cindy Morrow and Ed Valentine!
>>
>>28502330
I've missed Larson since the end of season 5. Faust, on the other hand, has made herself pretty hard to love lately.
>>
>>28502330
WHERE'S MY PONY BIBLE, OP?!?!
plz?
>>
>>28503257
And that's why?
>>
>>28503199
>Larson could only write well under Lauren's supervison
I hope this is bait. If so, excellent post, got me.
>>
File: AndAteThem.jpg (54KB, 212x192px) Image search: [Google]
AndAteThem.jpg
54KB, 212x192px
I really enjoyed the latest episode until Twilight came home.

>"Wow, yeah. This was some powerful shit you slipped in their drinks. Truth serums, roofies and... what's this?"
>"Oh. Uh, that's grape flavoring so they wouldn't taste it. Also it's great for the kids!"
>"Oh, yeah. Hmm. But I mean they're going to get a hangover something fierce. You should probably apologize, by the way."

I mean holy shit, Twilight's been lobotomized or something. She was the only pony with the energy left to freak out and instead she patiently took Glimmer's whole relapse in stride, like Glimmer had accidentally killed off an experimental batch of fruit flies and set things back a day or two.
>>
>>28503121

I still feel people give her a little too much credit in the full creation process. It's always about Faust, not about the world built by many people over the year or two before the show and the writers during the shows first few seasons.
>>
>>28503283
Mitch?
>>
>>28502742
Rob Renzetti was responsible for the idea of ponies controlling their environment. Honestly, I'd like to see him return as well.

Lauren, Mitch, Amy, Meghan, Cindy, and Rob. I want them all back.

>>28503270
Did you remember to go see Ghostbusters in theatres, anon?
>>
>>28503337
>I want them all back.
Say that to Hasbro.
>Did you remember to go see Ghostbusters in theatres, anon?
As in NEW Ghostbusters? It was o.k., I guess. Dunno why everybody hates it.
>>
>>28503337

Again it wasn't just that, she says in the interview on the DVD that she had numerous people who've been in the industry(cartoon) that helped her put together and define parts of what mlp:fim is.
>>
>>28503337
>I want them all back
Even if they returned the damage has already been done. They're better off starting a new project.
>>
File: midf.png (245KB, 574x523px) Image search: [Google]
midf.png
245KB, 574x523px
Meghan did nothing wrong
>>
>>28503408
Reboot?
>>
hmm
>>
>>28503408
GEN 5 CONFIRMED
>>
>>28503425
She's did something wrong, anon. Because she's a racist, a sexist, a communist, and a atheist writer.
>>
>>28503430
Yes, we want a reboot.

>>28503540
No, we want a G4 remake.
>>
>>28503557
>a G4 remake.
Won't ever happen. Gotta move forward to go back.
>>
>>28503557
Plz contact mrs Faust.
>>
File: Back to pol.png (322KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
Back to pol.png
322KB, 546x700px
>>28502484
Go away /pol/
>>
>>28503564
No, G5! We want a G4 redo because Hasbro had no chance in hell!
>>
The more I think about it, the more I'm afraid than doing a reboot or jumping to G5 wouldn't be an easy task.

G4 is the first time such an expansive universe is created for MLP.
This gen has been running for 6 years now.
No previous generation made it over 2 seasons...

Throwing all that under the rug will be difficult.

The only sensible thing to do would be to either change the direction of the show (like going for more action-oriented episodes), or starting a spin-off
>>
meghan is a necessary evil
>>
>>28503581
go away tumblr
>>
>>28503145
yes
>>
>>28503380
I know. I was just offering it as a known example, and saying I'd like to see Renzetti return.

>>28503369
Just being cheeky. Lauren has been very, uh, vocal in her insistence that people go see the movie, even if they have no interest in it and even if it's bad, purely as a social justice thing.
>>
>>28503723
Just retcon that shit, honestly. You don't even have to throw it all away. Alicorn Twilight, friendship castle, Equestria Girls -- everything can be overwritten. But no one wants to.
>>
>>28503199
Larson's Twitter
>>
>>28502330
YES! Current staff should be gassed. You should come back.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 473x447px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 473x447px
>Feminist
>Meme-Tier writer

Lol no.
>>
File: 1427006720291.jpg (32KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1427006720291.jpg
32KB, 653x490px
Bonnie.

Screw Faust, not a single one of us would be here if it weren't for Bonnie, and unlike Faust, she refused to quit.
>>
>>28502335
Your Stockholm syndrome is kicking back up again, isn't it?
>>
>>28502330
Yes, Haber is ruining this fucking series.
>>
What is actually wrong with MLP?

Someone break it down for me.
inb4 >wings
>>
>>28502371
>>28502503

Anybody who thinks that the biggest missing piece hasn't been Renzetti, has their heads so far up their ass they've become some kind of reverse oroborous.
>>
>>28506329

The show capture many with its old setting, heavy fantasy, and expansive world while still managing to keep it all tied up nice and comfy in ponyville. It was all about how 6 friends from all sorts of backgrounds and interests could actually be friends and how they could learn from one-another and better themselves by being around eachother. For a long time, the show focused on these 6 interacting as you saw them get closer every season and come to truly understand oneanother and care deeply for eachother. The setting made it comfortable and not too expansive with the occasional look outside of Ponyville to keep it exciting and fresh. On top of that you got to see character progressing through their lives and reach towards goals. The closer they got the better you felt and the more excited you were to see them succeed. The show stepped off a cliff when they sent the first character to finish her arc and Twilight got her wings(and no, it didn't have to be wings but had the show stopped there, they would have felt special). Most of the writers up to this point had worked together for years on this show to create this fully enchanting world while still managing to make it seem small enough that any time the main 6 left Ponyville it was an adventure. With most of the writers leaving after season 2 and 3, we were left with a new group of writers and directors who took the show in a slightly different direction knowing that they couldn't keep it local and small now that Twilight was "The princess of friendship" so they started making every episode more grandiose and extreme. You can really see the effects in season 5 as the team is sent in small groups around Equestria where the friendship problem of the week takes center stage. The reason that worked well in season 1 and 2 is because the problem focused on the group of main 6 instead of the throwaway side character of the week.
>>
>>28506380

That means there is no real character building happening anymore (before you yell at me for this, I know there is some, but nowhere near as much as the friend group has already become so close) and characters are coming and going like a crazy flavor of the week. Their inability (the writers) to create something unique between the main 6 wore on people and a lot of people left. Now you either have those who blindly enjoy the show to some degree or those (like me) who stick around and watch new episodes to see if there is one that is anything like what has disappeared over the years.
>>
>>28506380
>For a long time, the show focused on these 6 interacting as you saw them get closer every season and come to truly understand oneanother and care deeply for eachother. The setting made it comfortable and not too expansive with the occasional look outside of Ponyville to keep it exciting and fresh. On top of that you got to see character progressing through their lives and reach towards goals.

When you put it like that, it sounds like one of those extremely boring daytime shows that no one watches.
>>
>>28503337
>Opinions on Ghostbusters
>Relevant

wew lad
>>
>>28506744
It's more the drive behind the shilling, not the act itself.
>>
File: ss+(2016-09-26+at+06.17.39).png (66KB, 674x565px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-09-26+at+06.17.39).png
66KB, 674x565px
>>28506744
Passive-aggressively telling people they're selfish for wanting a good movie can make someone hard to love, yeah. It isn't super relevant to one's work, but it certainly makes a person less likeable.
>>
File: ggggsasdsdsdsds.png (188KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ggggsasdsdsdsds.png
188KB, 800x1000px
I sometimes wish the series would end already so that Lauren Faust can undisclose her original plan with the series and how would she handle everything else added later on..
>>
hello?
>>
>>28506388
Did you watch "The Fault in our Cutiemarks"?
>>
[i]nuu[/i]
>>
File: large.jpg (300KB, 793x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
300KB, 793x1024px
Don't care how bad you fuckers thought Mare-Do-Well was. I want to hug Merriweather Williams' OC.
>>
up
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.