[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many Equestria Girls fans want Sunset to return to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Why do so many Equestria Girls fans want Sunset to return to Equestria? If she does, she wouldn't involved in the EQG series anymore.
>>
>>28502225
We don't want her to return permanently.
>>
because people who want this are brainlets
>>
>>28502225
I want EQG to be dumped for more pony, if it means moving Sunshit back to Equestria so be it.
>>
>>28502225
I don't want her to leave EG, but at least go back to Equestria for a little while. Even if it happens only in the context of the EG series.

But that's probably not going to happen, given they cut out any mention of it from Friendship Games. So I've been wanting, at least, for her to be the leading role in the EG series but it seems that's being given to Sci-Twi.

It's really annoying. More so that Starlight Glimmer basically stole her place.
>>
>>28502238
I have seen many who want her integrated into the show.
>>
I like Sunset but not the EQG series.
>>
>>28502294
Glim Glam didn't steal anyone place. Sunset is not a FiM character and was never meant to be.
>>
>>28502320
I love how people parrot that "was never meant to be in FiM" line over and over.

Maybe not, but she's from Equestria, and as long as EG keeps ignoring that there'll be no closure. Legend of Everfree did touch on it a bit, with her being excited over being able to use (empath) magic again, but that's far from enough. Give us pony Sunset again.

But no, that's not going to happen, even in EG5. Instead we'd better get used to Princess Starlight, because you know that's coming.
>>
>>28502364
It's true. Saying inane crap like "Glimmer stole her place" doesn't make sense. She may be from Equestria but she's not from FiM.
And there was closure on the deleted scenes in FG where Sunset rejects returning to Equestria in favor of staying with her friends.
>>
>>28502225
It's simple. No one is actually a fan of Eqg, only of Sunset. So why not kill Eqg but keep Sunset.
>>
But people on Equestria Daily are talking about how amazing LOE was.
>>
>>28502403
Because that would ruin her character?
Starlight proves the writers are not willing to commit to new characters.
>>
>>28502414
>Starlight proves the writers are not willing to commit to new characters.
How so?
>>
>>28502424
Because look how she was handled on the show. Bad and rushed redemption, barely being on the episodes, minimal interaction with anyone not named Twilight, possibility of her being written off after this season.
Glimmer is Sunset potential on the show.
>>
This is why I hope the fifth (and likely final) EG movie takes place mostly in Equestria, so they can put Sunset's arc to rest once and for all and still have her stay in the human world.

If you go by one of the deleted scenes in Friendship Games, Sunset is clear to visit Equestria anytime she wants. The "banishment" is long since lifted, and yet she's never gone back even once.

There's no reason she can't go back, even temporarily, to visit and set some things right. She's probably afraid, plain and simple. If anything, I think it'd be Sci-Twi to encourage her to do so, given how Sunset helped and encouraged her both at the end of FG and throughout LoE.
>>
>>28502443
Better than being not a pony and on an alien world forever.
>>
>>28502225
because hooves > nohooves

just delete eqg and keep sunset
>>
>>28502443
Oh and Starlight is a recurring character according to Jim Miller so say goodbye to Sunset as th mane 7 character.
EqG is not without its faults but Sunset's character is better off staying in her series. Having her on the show would be a big downgrade.
>>
>>28502506
For you maybe. I find her human form to be better than her pony form and so do a lot of people
>>
>>28502302
Sure, but that doesn't mean we want her to only live in Equestria. She could come and go between the two worlds rather easily.
>>
>>28502443
The writers of show and eqg are the same, they don't handle the franchises separately. They did Sunset well on RR, so there's no reason to believe that they couldn't write her well elsewhere.
I think that the writing quality is related to how much the writers care about the character they're focusing. They openly said they like Sunset a lot on interviews, but they never said similar things about Starlight. It's hard to write well a character you don't care.
>>
>>28502598
The setting and the priorities of EqG and FiM are different famalan.
With EqG it's more constant with its writers and it's only yearly specials. EqG also has Sunset has the main seventh character and her character is much more important there. The spotlight shines on her more than anyone not named Twilight.
On the show it's hours and hours of content that has a lot of different writers who aren't consistent all the time. Not only that but Starlight was DHX idea, not Hasbro's and look how it turned out. I could easily see Sunset receiving the same treatment. Sunset shines because of her critical role in EqG.
>>
>>28502525
>believing anything jim says
>>
>>28502238
this

she needs to go back to reconcile with Celestia
>>
>>28503214
How is Jim wrong doe?
Starlight has never been referred as a main character. Not on the show nor in advertisement.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.