[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Past Sins Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

What is Past Sins?
Past Sins is a famous/infamous fanfiction from 2011 created by Pen Stroke, reworked to fit aspects of S2 canon in 2012.

"On a dark night filled with even darker magics, an insane cult attempts to give Nightmare Moon a body and life of her own, utterly separate from Princess Luna. But, when the spell is interrupted by Celestia, something unexpected is created.

Now, a little black alicorn filly named Nyx finds herself living under the care of Twilight Sparkle, only to be haunted by memories and emotions from her past. Is she Nightmare Moon reborn or is she simply a doppelganger with a soul and mind of her own? Can Twilight Sparkle protect Nyx from those who refuse to see past her dragon eyes and black coat?

Or, will Nyx be forced to inherit the sins that may not even be hers and become the greatest evil Equestria has ever known?"

Story can be found here:
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/41596/past-sins
Alternatively there are several audio readings and comics to follow along instead.

SFM Model:
http://aeridiccore.deviantart.com/art/DL-Nyx-Overhaul-562333013
>>
It was good.

I was too young to realize what horrors this story created when I first read it...
>>
>>28498272
you mean miracles?
>>
File: It Was Me Michael.png (612KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
It Was Me Michael.png
612KB, 1280x720px
Another one of these threads, I wonder whos behind this post.
>>
>>28498526
no one cares avatarfag
>>
File: What.png (147KB, 370x332px) Image search: [Google]
What.png
147KB, 370x332px
>>28498536
>avatarfag
In English, please.
>>
File: great-gazoo.jpg (30KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
great-gazoo.jpg
30KB, 512x384px
>>28498546
I was saying it was your IRL dum dum
>>
It's... okay. Not as good as people make it out to be, but not as bad as people make it out to be, either. At least regarding the rewrite.

But it still has its problems, such as the nonstop angstfest after Nyx gets aged up, and everything following that was just so... mediocre.

It was an interesting idea for its time, with a slightly below-par execution. The sequel/sidequel stories that take place after Past Sins are generally much better.

I have no strong feelings one way or the other towards RealityCheck's Nyxverse fics. RC themself, though? They're a cunt who can't take what they dish out.
>>
>>28498690
>RealityCheck's Nyxverse fics.

The who and what now?
>>
>>28498757
Some faggot that used to be on FIMFiction that left because "BAAAAAW, THE MODS DON'T RESPECT MUH POLITICAL VIEWS" and they tend to make fanfics of other peoples' fanfics.

They're also an ultraprick.
>>
File: ngbbs526e9cca9ebcf.png (173KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs526e9cca9ebcf.png
173KB, 640x400px
>>28498245
You already had your mary sue glimmer episode, you should just change glimmer for nyx and pretend it is canon.
>>
File: 656.gif (315KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
656.gif
315KB, 165x115px
>>28498788
Wow seriously? And to think Past Sins interested me enough to read it and the winter themed sequel. What a bitch.
>>
>>28498837
Reality Check didn't write Past Sins.

Penstroke did.
>>
>>28498837
What the hell is wrong with his eyes?
>>
>>28499228
I don't watch the show but I've seen a clip of that scene. gold triangle illuminati guy possessed him while what's his name is left outside of his body as a ghost.
>>
File: 641927912.png (10KB, 649x497px) Image search: [Google]
641927912.png
10KB, 649x497px
>>
I just started reading Past Sins. It's a pretty good story.
>>
Nyx is cute.
>>
>>28498245
It's really not that great.

First of all, despite the text trying to hammer it in at every opportunity, Nyx is not "Nightmare Moon". At all. She's a Mary Sue pretending to be a canon character. The whole plot and every character bends to her will one way or another, and this is with her trying to be "good".

What's even worse though are all the "sequels" written by other people just to try and piggyback on the fame / infamy, none of which are as good as the original. And that says a lot. RealityCheck is one of the worst, and (supposedly, I don't know for a fact if this is true) Pen Stroke got pissed off at him writing Nyx "without permission", but it's not like he could do anything about it.

Past Sins, My Little Dashie and Fallout: Equestria are like the trifecta of shitty FiM fan fiction.
>>
>>28500886
>Nyx is a OC

WOAH

BIG FUCKING SURPRISE
>>
>>28500886
That's why the Nyxfag uses nyx to trigger and piss of people
He knows the fanfic is shit, but he acts contrarian because he knows it will cause shitposting and (You)s, plus gets the attention of newfags so they may be hooked to read it, and be meta trolled (HAHAHA YOU IDIOT YOU WASTED YOUR TIME MISERABLY READING THIS GARBAGE).
It was and still is, nice b8. At least one has to give him that he is a bit smart.
>>
>>28501387
It's because I'm despirate.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.