[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Might want to get your marketing department looked at hasbro...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

>from their instagram account
"Wherever there’s a friendship problem, the #GuardiansofHarmony are there to teach the ways of love and acceptance… and throw you a #party!! Tag your friend who’s the #PinkiePie to your #CheeseSandwich!!"

Seriously hasbro, if you're trying to market these things to boys as cool action figures, don't EVER say "love and acceptance" or bullshit like that. that's carebears shit for the normal line, you want to stress this is about bashing in monster's faces.
>>
I don't think they're marketing it to young boys
>>
>>28472540
They're trying
>>
>>28472533
>>28472540
>>28472561
That's just the nickname for the Party Cannon and the Party Tank.
>>
>>28472533
>Tag your friend who’s the #PinkiePie to your #CheeseSandwich!!"

I would but I don't have a gf
>>
They aren't trying to market MLP to boys exclusively....you're dense if you think that. They're going more for a general audience which may or may not include boys, and certainly includes bronies...who are adults that buy this shit regardless but since Funkos are not being made anymore they feel they can make money on molded manes and up the ante with articulation and accessories as well

Little boys are never going to be into MLP no matter how hard you try and market it towards them aside from the odd one or two sissies
>>
>>28472619
Hasbro claimed that a quarter of the target audience is little boys. Which has to be up from what G3 was, right?
>>
>>28472632
Some little boys watch anything, because they are bored.
But the majority of them won't even care enough to buy this.
>>
>>28472533
>HERE COMES FRIENDSHIP!
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 600x700px
>>28472533
I think it's comical how after all these years of watching a little girls' show, we still have such traditional and conservative views about gender roles (myself included).
>>
>>28472710
I don't. I fight adamantly against them
>>
>>28472716
I bet your a fucking white male
>>
>>28472710
There's no reason we can't have partial views on all of this, or have sympathies in any direction. It's called making informed decisions rather than just going along with a party line.

MLP putting boys on their toy boxes is a big step, and in general the marketing for GoH is generally trying to stay neutral. What's interesting is that you can sell magic as magic to boys, as a part of general fantasy. And honestly, the Transformers stuff marketed to little boys has basically the same morals as MLP. Why arbitrarily limit your market?
>>
>>28472533

when's the comics for this coming out anyways? I'm interested in seeing if they're ANY different from the current "normal" MLP comics.

>>28472619
They seem to be giving it a good try, based on the feel of the flash game they made for Guardians of harmony.
>>
>>28472751
I am. I'm a straight white cis male.
>>
>>28472776
>What's interesting is that you can sell magic as magic to boys, as a part of general fantasy

I don't understand this, magic usually seemed fairly easily masculine to me, I mean look at all the anime's where the hero's powers are explicitly magical like ronin warriors, or Your Tolkien fantasies.
>>
>>28472808
It's because of the social aspect and friendliness inherent in the pony kind of magic. Elemental magic is pretty easy to sell as not connected to that, but that's not happening. Again, Transformers has a similar kind of moral didactic nature for its primary target audience but presented a little differently.

Functionally you present what friendship and love mean the same ways MLP already does: by presenting it as overcoming any obstacle. All GoH is really doing is acting like Transformers and really turning this triumph over evil through friendship into something glorious.

Basically, idealized and romanticizedknights.
>>
>>28472808
>>28472808
Power Puff Girls
Descendants
Harry Potter series
Percy Jackson Series
All very popular with girls
I think one of the big things is that magic is commonly associated with the medieval times era and nerdy D&D crap that appeals more to guys. They can sell magic to girls but they just have to have it in a different setting.
>>
>>28472863
Its easy to sell the magic as being "normal" medieval magic so long as you emphasize what it DOES, even if its source is from friendship.

Like, as an example, look at digimon: they had crests like hope and love, but they emphasized that, yeah, those power sources are from Love and kindness and shit, but what they DO is give you a giant Godzilla monster to breath fire.
basically, like that: have friendship be the source of magic, but play up that its letting them do shit like the S4 finale, or like LOE where they get explicit super powers.
>>
>>28472962
I think it's implied that Spike can control his greed growth, so I guess we will see.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1280x968px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1280x968px
>>28472937
To be fair, Powerpuff Girls didn't really have magic or anything. The girls are chemical experiments who are normal little girls but if needed and kick your ass. Not really any magic there, as it's also in a city setting.

I'm never gonna understand why they rebooted it but then I remember that Powerpuff Girl merchandise made Cartoon Network 2.9 billion dollars and keep my mouth shut.
>>
>>28474135
Sadly, the current PPG shows is pretty much everything the original stood against.

FUCK, the first episode is about a boy band. Just... Goddamned.
>>
File: 235325235.jpg (8KB, 176x225px)
235325235.jpg
8KB, 176x225px
>>28472533
>Hasbro shipping CheesePie and FlutterCord
>>
>>28472585
And the nuclear cuddel thrower, right anon?
>>
>>28472808
>what is Sailor Moon
>>
>>28475549
CheesePie okay, but Fluttercord not okay.
>>
>>28476251
Is okay too, it gives me hope that once i reach 60's I will still have a chance with a 20 year old cutie.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.