/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The death of MLP came with a bang. The gunshot fired by hack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

File: 1452896203312.png (3MB, 1777x999px) Image search: [Google]
1452896203312.png
3MB, 1777x999px
The death of MLP came with a bang. The gunshot fired by hack M.A. Larson. One shot wasn't enough for him though, he emptied five shots into the body of the once great show, and of those shots, Slice of Life was the most fatal.

Whereas the great episodes of this show were brave, bold, and fresh coming from a little girls show, Larson was stuck in the past, and a past he frankly couldn't understand. To him, MLP was not about a new frontier. They were not about ponies looking for a fresh start, succeeding or failing for various reasons. They even lack the ability to subtly subvert genre stereotypes and archetypes like Amy Keating Rogers would, and fail to even satisfy basic genre requirements of proper thrills and entertainment like a Dave Polsky episode would.

Instead, what episodes like Slice of Life represent is the value, or lack thereof, of cheap fan pandering. Larson's shows lack a world view. The stories are merely means to the end set pieces. Watch in Slice of Life as he incorporates the Pon3/Octavia gang merely as an excuse to have a set piece in which all of the memes get together and cruise ponyville on a huge speaker. Why? Because the bronies love them, and the cheapness of Hasbro at the time was dedicated to making copycat of everything popular in the fandom at the time.

The episode is called "Slice of Life", and in doing so he reveals his motivations as a businessman, not an artist. The only reason this episode has scope comes through Larson's use of characters unrelated to the main story of the show, and yet anyone bothering to pay attention notices how Larson betrays his own story by cutting into Gummy spouting randumb humor, simply because he's such an unimaginative hack. One can't completely blame him though, his writing skills is as empty as the souls of Hasbro.
>>
Truly robbing the episode of any fun it seeks to admit is a tired story about nothing. Whereas The Last Roundup showed caution at romanticizing fandom memes, Larson revels in it, because it's all his cheap bag of tricks has. The adventure itself isn't particularly adventurous anyways. This is a 21 min show that spends most of its time lobbying around in rooms as characters try con the audience out of a desire for any actual forward momentum. Whenever this doesn't work, Larson throws in Background character #23

What was once a beautiful show that turned out some of the best and most influential cartoons modern animation has to offer, Larson kills it and puts it back to the artistic value of a penny dreadful. His only reason for success comes at the opportunity of his episode coinciding with the supposed death of the show. Had Twilicorn arrived later, Larson would have been properly rejected for his cheap hack writing methods. Instead he is improperly regarded as a hero of MLP, when he is nothing more than a hack. Yet the biggest offense is that his shows are so boring in spite of their indulgence to cheapness. At least the others made their trash fun.
>>
>>28439125
TL;DR
Go do your homework Jacob.
>>
>"dude it's just a kids show lol"
>starts an anti-twilicorn thread
>>
>>28439125
You're completely stupid. Not just plain stupid, you're in a whole new level of stupidity, above all the previous levels of stupidity known by mankind. It's not that you're wrong, you're just a fucking idiot, an imbecile, a retard beyond salvation.

You should really, really consider suicide, because there isn't a cure for people like you.
>>
>>28439170
I FUCKING HATE RAP MUSIC
No I'm not trying to sound cool or hipsterish, it's because everywhere I go, everywhere I look there is some dumb black dude listening to RAP in his beats
IT ALL SOUNDS THE FUCKING SAME
THE FUXKING SAME
SAME FUCKING MARRACA BEAT
SAME CYMBOLS IN THE BACKGROUND
SAME LYRICS, YOU COULD SWAP THE FUCKING LYRICS AND NOT ONE WOULD FUCKING CARE THE DIFFERENCE
ITS ALL THE FUXKING SAME
AND THEY HAVE THOUSANDS OF THESE SAMEASS SONGS ON THEIR PHONES (either that or they listen to the same song hours on end)
LIKE, ARE BLACK PEOPLE AND WIGGERS PROGRAMMED IN THEIR MIND TO LIKE THE SAME CARBON COPY MUSIC?
THESE SAMEASS FUCKASSES ONLY LISTEN TO THESE SONGS BECAUSE THEIR IDIOT HIVEMIND FRIENDS LISTEN TO IT
IT SUCKS. I HATE IT. I WANT TO MURDER THE PRODUCERS
>>
>>28439170
>mlpbabby can't handle criticism
>resorts to tired edgelord buzzwords
>>
File: (you).jpg (147KB, 954x852px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
147KB, 954x852px
>>28439125
>>28439130
>>
MLP has changed
>>
>>28439286
MLP... MLP never changes
>>
>>28439125
>>28439130
I can't decide.

Is it some elaborate bait or is OP a legit autist?
>>
File: OPsux.jpg (237KB, 800x578px) Image search: [Google]
OPsux.jpg
237KB, 800x578px
>>28439125
>>28439130
>>
File: cab.jpg (29KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
cab.jpg
29KB, 600x536px
>>28439125
>>
>>28439125
>>28439130
Autism

BTW, the show has turned into shit since Larson and Meghan left. Coincidence? I don't think so
>>
M.A Larson came up from Hasbro at one P.M. on the 8th. He had no grand scheme. No strategy. No agreement with the board of executives. Nothing but a vague longing for money, and a generalized wish for revenge against Lauren Faust. M.A Larson would be ordered to serve a life sentence in the Littlest Pet Shop penitentiary for second degree murder. Over seven thousand signatures would eventually be gathered in a petition asking for Larson's release, and in 2018, CEO Brian Goldner would pardon the man. There would be no eulogies for MLP, no photographs of their episodes would be sold in sundries stores, no people would crowd the streets in the rain to see their finale, no biographies would be written about them, no children named after them, no one would ever pay twenty-five cents to stand in the rooms they were drawn in. The shotgun would ignite, and Lauren Faust would scream, but My Little Pony would only lay on the floor and look at the ceiling, the light going out of their eyes before they could find the right words
>>
File: 1462315838864.gif (3MB, 252x263px) Image search: [Google]
1462315838864.gif
3MB, 252x263px
>>28439125
>>28439130
>>
File: 1383538483113.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1383538483113.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>28439130
>>28439125
>>
File: 1251202.png (371KB, 960x742px) Image search: [Google]
1251202.png
371KB, 960x742px
>>28439125
>>28439130
>>28440786
>>
>>28439125
that sure is a lot of words about a cartoon for children
>>
>>28439125
xd
>>
>>28439125
You're a fucking retard. You didn't understand the message of the episode, even when it was blatantly delivered by the Mayor to make sure the six year old girls would get it.

You are so dumb you missed a moral literally designed to be obvious to toddlers. YOU ARE DUMBER THAN A TODDLER!!!.
>>
Is this a revived old pasta or the guy is really this retarded?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.