[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This series has better writing than Equestria Girls. Prove me wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

File: M&L_logo.png (72KB, 800x119px) Image search: [Google]
M&L_logo.png
72KB, 800x119px
This series has better writing than Equestria Girls.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>28429281
---> >>>/v/
>>
>>28429281
Anything is better than EQG.
>>
File: Laughing Mares.gif (915KB, 500x319px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Mares.gif
915KB, 500x319px
>>28429281
Any "mainstream" series is better than Equestria Girls.
Except No Man's sky.
>>
>>28429296
Even Sonic?
>>
>>28429281
EqG is just as good if not better than this season of FiM. If you hate EqG then you hate the main show
>>
>>28429303
Oh fuck.
I withdraw my statement.
I also want to add Pokémon to my new statement as well.
I mean it hasn't evolved in 10 years.

Same 3 starter sets.
Same 3 sub-legendary.
Same 2 legendary with 1 super hidden legendary.
8 gyms and an elite 4.

With all of these new add-ons I can't believe they never want to change things up.
Really though. Fuck Game Freak.
>>
>>28429325
I think Pokémon and Sonic (only counting up to Lost World) still have better writing than Equestria Girls.
>>
>>28429314
Fuck off autist. Season 6 has been great!
Character development! New introduced main character!
No more elements to make the season premier and finale depend on that as a deus ex machina!
How can you people think this season is the worst when there is season 3 and 4?

Equestria Girls have Sunshit Shimmer and Trash Sentry. The most forced characters the movies could ever have. They did not start with strong character arcs so why even bother with it if the writers don't even care?
>>
>>28429281
I disagree in the case of Paper Jam. Aside from the Peach/Paper Peach segments there was nothing interesting about the writing. I also didn't particularly like Partners in Time but I think it was more the gameplay that was boring to me.
>>
>>28429314
As a former EQG fan who currently loves FIM, please expand on that argument.
>>
>>28429346
But they keep using the same formula. It's the same shit over and over again.
It's so predictable so why would it catch my interest to buy the latest installment of the series?
>>
File: 1473486548812.png (148KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473486548812.png
148KB, 600x500px
>>28429347
Aren't you that faggot that started that shitty rant thread with that same picture?
>>
>>28429325
They're hanging the endgame and gym system in the new Pokemon. I don't know what it does now but I heard that there are no more gyms
>>
>>28429357
Equestria Girls somewhat has a formula, hell it would probably be better if it was more formulaic so the stories would have a more clear structure to them.
>>
>>28429369
Fuck off man. You know those were valid arguments. When did you join the fandom? I joined the fandom back in 2011 and back then we had taste and loved the show to death. We did cool stuff like write good music and made original content.

Now everything is just have "wub wub" music, SFM content or people who make shitty typography PMV's.

Do you know why a lot of people leave? It is because the bar has been lowered so much that people just eat up everything because it's MLP related without promoting something that actually has value and effort put into it.

Season 6 has effort put into it. Do you know why? Because they care to have show continuity. They care about character development and using background characters like Snips and give them a highlight instead of just having the mane 6 be in their own bubble all the time.
>>
>>28429347
Sunset is the best character in MLP and also objectively has the most developed arc
Fuck off
>>
>>28429281
Fuck off the writing is great, i fucking love these games
dumb nigger can't even see how good the classics are
>>
>>28429432
I would argue Spike is better.
>>
>>28429281
>This series has better writing than Equestria Girls.
That's not a hard thing to do. That's like an autist saying he's better than a down syndrome kid because he could talk better
>>
File: 1381685341646.jpg (1KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1381685341646.jpg
1KB, 100x100px
>>28429432
>>
File: Hello_there.gif (720KB, 360x420px) Image search: [Google]
Hello_there.gif
720KB, 360x420px
>>28429303
Unleashed was straight up charming. It was a fun, carefree story up until the climax and even then it finished on a high note. No angst, despite Chip's 1000-year slumber.
>>
>>28430106
I liked everything from Sonic Unleashed till Sonic Lost World.
>>
>>28429415
>SFM content

What's wrong with SFM animations?
>>
File: 1470300299868.png (373KB, 647x519px) Image search: [Google]
1470300299868.png
373KB, 647x519px
>>28429415
>valid arguments
It amazes me that there are people who think that's true.
>>
>>28429281
It totally does.
>>
>>28429281
> Bowser invaeds Equestria
> His previous battles and defeats against Mario taught him to be savvy and caoutious
> Bowser is fucking unstoppable, as he first got sure of fucking up any magic plot device avialble for any ponies who could stand against him
> Keyword: ponies
> Spike joins Bowser's army to see what can he do to stop Bowser's plans from the inside
> Bowser gives him one chance to prove the rookie's worth by making him help to defend a tiny fortress against Celestia's army
> Bowser's men are all beaten up by Celestia's normal soldiers
> Then Spike fights back and beats the everliving crap out of all ponies
> It was a staged defeat, of course
> Bowser is impressed, so Spike quickly advances in ranks among his troops
> The Koopalings are jealous so they treat Spike like crap
> Spike uses this as the perfect excuse to sabotage Bowser's plans by openly claiming he was taking revenge for the Koopaling's asshatery by sabotaging their plans to make them look bad in front of their dad.
> Bowser likes Spike's style so he promotes him as the main guardian of a huge fortress holding a very important plot device sought by ponies
> The Mane6 break in to steal the magic item, Spike beats the everliving crap out of them and recovers the magic item, which unfortunately was broken and rendered unusable during the fight
> It was all staged again, the ponies secretely replaced the real magic item by a fake and took it with them when Spike booted them out from the fortress
> Bowser is upset by the loss of the item, but also congratulates Spike for at least managing to kick the invaders out and breaking the item before his enemies could use it against him
> This keeps happening: Spike keeps a perfectly beliveable facade of being an awesome Koopa army soldier while the ponies keep recovering important items and secretely keep preparing their counterattack to get Equestria back
> Then something that nobody had considered happens:
>>
>>28432661
> Bowser and Spike bond over the time, and Spike realizes that outside of his rough and brutish exterior, Bowser is actually a nice guy
> Sure, Bowser is greedy, violent and dumb, but Spike also notices he cares a lot about his men, and he's the first on line to defend them against pony attacks, getting furious whenever they are hurt or beaten up
> Plus, Bowser teaches him to fight and how to release his inner Koopa (Spike breathes fire and that's enough for Bowser) so Spike slowly becomes a genuine badass, or at least more badass than before
> Meanwhile, the Koopalings learn to accept and then befriend Spike, giving him the title of honorary 8th Koopaling
> Spike discovers in horror that Bowser and the Koopalings gave him something he always wanted: a family of his own
> Its a very fucked up and dysfunctional family, but it's a scaly family and he feels like at home with them
> The ponies suddenly contact Spike and tell him that the moment to strike back and kick Bowser out of Equestria has finally arrived
> Spike doesn't know what to do

And so... what happens then, /mlp/?
>>
>>28432719
I thought Jr. was the 8th Koopaling

Also this seems pretty OOC for Spike.
>>
>>28432745
I already said that Spike's betraying the ponies and beating them up was all staged between him and his friends to gain Bowser's trust.
>>
>>28432952
But now he's going to turn on them because he never had a family?
>>
>>28433002
I already said Spike doesn't know what to do.

In no place at all I said he was going to betray anyone, all I did was write a situation where no matter what he does, he will end up losing something.
>>
>>28433016
Oh okay it is fine I guess. It lacks the comical tone the Mario and Luigi games are known for though.
>>
Oh shit, bumping this
>>
>>28433129
I though that Spike fucking things up behind the scenes but still convincing Bowser he was the most competent underling ever, plus all of these fake fights were funny enough.

Oh, well.
>>
>>28429281
Superstar Saga > EQG
>>
>>28437721
> Spike and Luigi teamup to save Mario and the Mane6 from a cosmic horror.
> They spend most of the adventure screaming in horror
> They still get shit done
>>
>>28435630
I still like it though.

>>28437752
Is Spike really as much of a coward as Luigi is?
>>
File: Yoob_Sprite.png (4KB, 75x113px) Image search: [Google]
Yoob_Sprite.png
4KB, 75x113px
>>28429281
>>28437752
Is this you, Spike?
>>
>>28437765
Well, Luigi isn't a cuckold and he's not the slave of Twilight Sparkle
>>
>>28429325
The new game looks to be switching things up though.

No gyms of league, legendaries are getting more importance. evil team just looks like a bunch of dicks with possibly the real evil team hidden and not advertised as such, and real honest to god bosses but maybe things that aren't Pokemon
>>
>Bowser tries to take over Equestria after multiple failures in the Mushroom Kingdom
>Sends his army to take over Equestria
>Learns about Meadowbrook's Eight Enchanted Items and realizes that he can use them to ensure victory in the Mushroom Kingdom
>Attempts to procure them for himself
>The Mario Bros. enter Equestria themselves in order to stop
Bowser's evil scheme
>Mane 6 attempt to stop Bowser themselves, but the magic of their friendship simply isn't enough to stop him
>Celestia then learns from various towns about two plumbers who have been pretty much laying waste to all of Bowser's army.
>Mane 6 and Spike go to assist Mario and Luigi with saving their world
>Our mane cast constantly points out how crazy the magic from the Mushroom Kingdom is
>Fluttershy freaks out when Luigi uses a Koopa Shell item.
>>
>>28437765
Spike tends to run away from dangers since he has no strength to fight back.
>>
>>28429415
Wouldn't lowering standards happen to make people NOT want to leave?

S6 may have effort, but S5 had more. And S4. Continuity doesn't matter if it's wasted on boring, recycled episode premises from other shows without any twists to them. Or with side characters without any nuance. Remember when Rainbow showed that she had to be the best or she would feel the worst? When did Snails or Flim and Flam have a character moment that actually surprised you?

What about jokes? How many times did you actually laugh instead of the show being more of a preachy mess with the map lessons?

The changes started at S4 and it didn't stop until it snowballed into this season of failure.

Of coures, now I'll have the last word on things. Choke on that you tasteless swine.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.