[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people eating this season up? There have only been a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 25

File: ____by_astringe-d5d87vq.png (171KB, 334x455px) Image search: [Google]
____by_astringe-d5d87vq.png
171KB, 334x455px
Why are people eating this season up? There have only been a few good episodes but most have been written but new writers with no solid grip on the characters or show. A few new writers is a good thing but more than half this season has been written by newbies.

And people just eat it up, despite all the problems it has. Look at EQD. Seth loves Nu-Glim to death even though she's practically useless and serves no purpose outside the few episodes she has (which somehow justifies her stealing the finale to all herself). And because Seth owns EQD, bronies just eat that shit up.

I guess I'm wondering why bronies just seem to lap up everything like battered up housewives. When was it considered bad to criticise something you love? Don't we want to see things improve?
>>
>>28406543
My two cents
Some people probably just genuinely like the season. Yes, some are just going to behave like a good little servant to Seth, but some are just going like it because they like it, no real explanation.

I personally enjoy this season, I neither like nor dislike Nu-Glim, but I don't go on EQD. Yet despite this, I think criticism to the show should be welcome.

I think it's a lot like World of Warcraft; it was amazing for a long time, then the staff changed over time and slowly became this hulking mass of putrid filth, but people stick with it because they still love it unconditionally.
>>
>>28406610
>I think it's a lot like World of Warcraft; it was amazing for a long time
First, you don't know shit about WoW, as it seems.

Second, the current season is very good.
>>
>>28406543
Bronies reject any criticism because they don't want to think that something they love is going to shit. That's just denial, and it isn't necessarily something bad.

My problem with them is that they keep on saying "everything is great", even after some legitimately terrible episodes, like half of the episodes this season. And that's pretty bad. If good and bad episodes are equally praised, there aren't any incentives for the staff to make good episodes. They just vomit shit knowing EQD will love it, and stop caring. This has been happening for too long, but maybe this is the season when it's become too evident.

I think of this season as an experiment. The bad episodes were so absolutely awful that I can't imagine no one think they were terrible before animating them. So probably they just greenlighted them to test if "bronies" liked them anyway. And of course they liked them. So now I'm 100% sure that, if s7 ever exists, it will be nothing but shit. No one will give a shit trying to do something good if a bad episode is equally loved just because it has "muh cute ponies doing cute things".

tl;dr I fucking hate those EQD idiots who are ruining this show.
>>
I never liked Sethisto, or Equestria Daily in general, because he thinks he's the God / Oprah of Ponydom and whatever he likes is what the fandom should like. And there are plenty of ass-kissers there who will agree with and back up everything he says.

Just watch the show and ignore what the "big-name" people think. I think more and more people are lately anyway, because despite Glimglam Glimglam Glimglam being shoved down out throats there, the fandom in general has NOT taken to her as much as they hoped.
>>
>>28406629
Season two was the peak, of both the show and the fandom, and since then it has gradually gotten worse and worse. Yes, there are a few good episodes here and there, but overall I think this season has been the worst so far.

Personally, I think a lot of the episodes this season were pretty bad, especially trash like Applejack's Day Off, which I think was the worst episode in the series.
>>
To me, I care more about learning about all the little characters in the cute universe, as well as seeing the world expand, or expand upon the personalities of the characters already met.

So, even if an episode sucks, I'll watch it anyway.

>>28406654
I agree with this, "Applejack's Day Off" and "28 Pranks Later" made me cringe quality-wise.
>>
Simple. Tumblr has invaded us and people aren't driving them out. Remember all the "/mlp/ got BTFO even though I'm posting it on there" threads on the Quibble Pants episode? Yeeeeah.

What a shitass episode that was, anyway. RIP any chance to criticize the show without unoriginal Tumblrinas shitposting.
>>
>>28406654
agreed. imo Applejack's Day Off and What About Discord? are probably the shittiest episodes of the show.
>>
File: Implying.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Implying.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
>>28406693
>>
>>28406677
That has to be one of the most retarded things I've read in a while.
>>
This season has had so far no Princess Spike, and that's all that really matters.
>>
>>28406715
t. tumblr
>>
File: Smug as shit Lyra.png (8KB, 215x235px) Image search: [Google]
Smug as shit Lyra.png
8KB, 215x235px
Lyra is actually into apes, not humans.

You've been wrong all this time. There aren't humans in MLP.
>>
>>28406751
Wrong thread. Goddamnit.
>>
I´m just watching it as any other cartoon, occasionally enjoying some good scenes. And because of that, I can´t be disappointed cause I don´t really wait for an episode to come out/hype myself for it.
>>
>>28406665
Sad thing about this season is that they're trying to expand the universe but ironically shrinking them. Once unknown places turnes out to be more like USA. Mystical creatures like dragons and changelings seems to have developed society as buffaloes and similar to ponies.

The mystical elements really decreased in this season, and some episodes doesn't have a point why it have to take place in Equestria and why the characters have to be ponies.
>>
>>28406794
yeah. the whole realm seems way less High Fantasy these days
>>
>>28406711
That episode was also shit
>>
>>28406543
Because people are desperate. The peak of the series was 2011-2012. And by that I don't just mean the show, but the fandom. Now, not to say things are dying, but everyone is finally leaving, both on the staff, and in the community. People are moving on to new fads, be it Steven Universe, Overwatch, whatever. And in addition, many new people are getting on the ride, who know they missed the golden age, and as such try to tell themselves the new stuff is fantastic, and they didn't miss anything special by getting involved so late.

In the other corner, you have people who just eat shit with a grin, just because it has MLP on it, and they want to be involved in whatever. These are your people seasoned to the series who like Glimmer. Newfags who like Glimmer probably just latched on to her because she's new too.

But honestly, it all comes down to the golden age having past, and the cycling out of old and new.
>>
>>28406823
Do you think teenagers who started watching like last year and go "lel everything after S-2 isn't canon, XD good old days" actually exist, or are they just a meme invented by bitter old fags who still love the show.
>>
>>28406893
When it comes to the secondary audience / bronies, there's nobody that's just started watching recently. That ship has sailed because people have moved onto other fads, as said above, and the people that are still watching are those who have done so for years.

This season has also had some of the lowest ratings ever, so the next season may well be the last.
>>
>>28406992
The ratings going down is nothing to raise an eyebrow over in our age, it happens in every given media, maybe aside from the biggest mainstream american series.

Also this season might have had a lot of underwhelming episodes, yet it's still the one thing I've had most fun with, and looking forward to the next episode of.
>>
>>28407051
>ITT: Frustrated faustfags
>>
>>28407057
Explain how am I a frustrated Faust fag.
By the way my favorite season is 5th.
>>
The show is still good
>>
>>28407092
Fuck off Jim.
>>
>>28406543
Bronies don't eat that shit up, for the record Seth does things whether his readers like it or not, such as the KP drama. He even had to create a special filter because his readers were complaining too much about EQG.
>>
>>28406629
I love most of this season.
>>
>>28407277
t. EQD brony
>>
I actually don't like a lot of the current episodes. There have been some great ones this season, but most are just recycled plots or pointless. I feel like the show has evolved past that.

I see Glim as pre-princess twilight. Excitable, snarky, flawed, and cute. She has become kt replacement.
>>
>>28407287
Nope! Just a massive Spikefag.
>>
File: tumblr_odbter01OD1qfa3e5o1_1280.png (482KB, 540x893px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odbter01OD1qfa3e5o1_1280.png
482KB, 540x893px
Nu-Glim is criminally under used yeah, but then again the old staff didn't even use Alicorn Twilight in S4 except in the opening and finale as well. Even ignoring it outright when it should've effected the episode (like not being able to get a cab in Manehatten, like what the fuck). So it's not like the show is well known to being able to handle change well.

And yeah the sudden influx of new fags was a terrible idea on part of DHX media. If they wanted to get new blood because they knew a lot of the old staff would be moving to new projects or be busy with the Movie, they should've called back some of the old staff to come in and help the new writers get the setting and characters down. There is a lot of really painful and shitty characterization this season.

Also glad that the whole 'explore equestria!!!' theme isn't really used because I doubt they'd develop any new interesting locations. The dragonlands were kinda boring and having yet another pony race be 'hurr we're anti-social retards' when we already had Griffins was dumb. Same goes for the Changelings not really being expanded upon.

They turn RD into the new Spike. They developed Applejack, only it seems they decided they needed to make her mentally retarded to further her character, Twilight is the new Celestia in how they treat her and barely use her for anything, and there are way too many memefaces to the point that it's almost like modern spongebob.

Despite all that I still think the season is decent. Better than 3 and most of 4 so far. There are enough good episodes now that it almost outweighs the really shitty ones. Nu-glim is pretty good, she's just criminally underused, Spike is no longer the writers cuck, and Fluttershy finally stopped being a doormat.

Certainly not worth spamming the board with 20 doompaul threads. Fuck off with that shit OP and kill yourself. I don't remember this much assdamage when Season 3's entire run of shit or 4's boring ass latter half, so what's different with 6?
>>
>>28407212
Not him, but the show is great. Could be better - but still great.
>>
>>28407377
Fuck off Josh.
>>
>>28406893
Honestly I've seen more people complain about those types of people than there genuinely are, whuch further leads me to believe there are more new people as older people leave.

>>28407081
>Feeling the need to validate yourself by bragging that your favorite season isn't an early one
This is what I'm talking about.
>>
File: thumb.jpg (29KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
thumb.jpg
29KB, 250x250px
>>28406543
I enjoy every episode simply for the fact that I get to see more cute horses every Saturday. I'm not some autistic faggot that over analyzes everything. Instead of writing faggot ass OPs like this, I save my novel writing for greentext
>>
>>28407474
>DHX, don't try to do something good, I'll blindly like absolutely anything you make as long as there are cute ponies on it. Fuck, you don't even need writers, just air a slideshow of the characters and I'll love it anyway.
Yep, flawless reasoning. There's literally no way this can turn out bad.
>>
>>28407474
Over-analyzing is when you say there is some deep hidden lesbian relationship between the characters, not when someone truthfully says Applejack's Day Off is a horrible episode.

This is another problem, you have people who'd rather MLP be a safe space where no one says anything negative about the show. Like how on that EQD poll, the number 1 answer for "Things I don't like about the fandom" was "General negativity".
>>
After reading all your posts, I feel some of you are seriously over-analyzing this. I just like ponies because this show makes me happy for no well explicable reason. I don't have high standards, I just enjoy the show, ever since I started watching and yes I have watched for quite some time you cunt. Unless an episode is absolutely terrible I like it. I've enjoyed most of this season although some episodes were actually terrible. I highly doubt I'm alone with this mentality.
>>
File: nope.jpg (108KB, 802x610px)
nope.jpg
108KB, 802x610px
This is not a comfy thread
>>
They should hire fans to write the show.
>>
File: 4923755.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4923755.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>28407606
You sure abut that?
>>
>>28407616
That is just parody material.
>>
>>28407620
https://www.amazon.com/Daring-Jungle-Terror-Parodies-Book-ebook/product-reviews/B00AFE2GCQ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_hist_1?filterByStar=one_star&pageNumber=1

But the 1 star reviews are comedy gold
>>
>>28407426
I get it. You're just a retarded butthurt fag who don't like the series anymore.
Well get the fuck out, "fan of fandom" fuck.
>>
>>28407628
This isn't even serious come on.
>>
>>28407594
>I highly doubt I'm alone with this mentality.
You aren't. Like 99% of the faggots in EQD reject any kind of criticism, just like you. In fact, it's people like you the reason why some writers don't even try to write something decent, knowing you'll applaud them anyway. Congratulations.
>>
>>28407631
>I desperatlwy need my /mlp/ to be a safe space free of these meanies who don't like what I like!

Huh, maybe >>28406677 is right.
>>
>>28407651
It is impossible for them to write a season with the feedback of the season immediately prior. Like, the schedules don't work.
>>
Rejecting everything wholesale is just as retarded as praising it.
>>
>>28407651
>reject any kind of criticism
>you'll applaud them anyway
>grasping at straws this hard
How's it feel to not have an argument? I literally said "I enjoy ponies and am easy to please with this medium". People can have valid criticism and I can definitely see where they're coming from if it's a reasonable thing to be pissed off about. I might even be the one pointing out those very flaws. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it. Never once in my post have I said anything about "good" or "bad" episodes, just that I like them, but for some reason that amounts to "I will go full hasdrone the second someone has valid criticism for this episode".
>>
>>28407685
Too bad there is very little to be able to praise.
>>
>>28407686
>Never once in my post have I said anything about "good" or "bad" episodes, just that I like them
So you like "bad" episodes too. Good for you, you'll have plenty of them in the seasons to come.
>>
>>28407723
Different person. What if I enjoy episodes that the general consensus does not?
>>
>>28407723
>reading comprehension
>somehow it's implied that I enjoy every single episode including the bad ones while the previous post clearly stated I do dislike a few
I know this is 4chan but shit learn how to have a discussion nigger.

>Good for you
Thanks, I will enjoy myself. You should try it sometime. It's nice to not have to be angry at every single thing but instead liking most things while still being able to judge them appropriately.
>>
>>28407606
Yeah fans would do a good job.
>>
>>28407729
There's absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying episodes that the general consensus classifies as bad episodes, because the general consensus is often shit. But being unable to see the differences between the episodes and liking them all the same would mean that you're an tasteless idiot.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a tasteless idiot either, because tasteless idiots are usually harmless. But when too many tasteless idiots come together, like in EQD, and their opinions are used to shape the future of a show, it's usually something pretty bad for the people who actually see differences between Sonic Rainboom and Princess Spike.
>>
>>28407804
>difference
>between Sonic Rainboom and Princess Spike
So, between two shit episodes?
I'd rather have people who actually enjoy the show form the future of it rather than bitter faggots who are stuck in nostalgia mode, thank you very much.
>>
Hire a fan to be story editor. If I was story editor I think you guys would think that I wrote the greatest stuff ever.
>>
Yeah fans would do an amazing job.
>>
>>28407889
>I'd rather have people who actually enjoy the show form the future of it rather than bitter faggots who are stuck in nostalgia mode
That's the stupidest thing I've read ITT, and it was a very stupid thread to begin with.

Why would you be in a fandom if you aren't supposed to appreciate the canon that already exists? How can you enjoy something that doesn't even exist more than whatever was what made you join the fandom? Are you saying that if this were the last season, since the show would no longer have "future", no one could like it anymore because liking it would be "being a nostalgiafag"?

And, most importantly, what makes you think that I don't want to enjoy the future of the show? If I didn't care about it, if the show had ended for me, I wouldn't mind what happens to it in the future. The only reason why I think all the EQG faggots and specially you are complete retards is because idiots like you are ruining any chance of getting any good episode ever again every time you praise literal shit, and that's why I'm mad.

But, hey, Hasdrone, if it bothers you so much that I used a S1 episode as a "good" episode and a S5 episode as a "bad" episode. I liked A Hearth's Warming Tail and Stranger Than Fan Fiction much more than Owl's Well That Ends Well or Feeling Pinkie Keen.
>>
File: 1572629692.jpg (18KB, 376x374px)
1572629692.jpg
18KB, 376x374px
This season triggered me in so many ways.
I fucking hate glim glam since they reformed her, but the show has barely fucking used her this season, hasn't even bothered to try and make me not hate her and actually develop her.
They're are alot of episode's that writers could write about that would actually be interesting and already exist in Equestria, such as the Diamond Dogs off the top of my head.
I don't think the show is out of idea's or anything, but I cannot fucking understand why the writers don't use the idea's literally write in front of them. This season has been pretty bad/ok, but it could be so much better. It's like everyone (bar Confalone imo) didn't even try.
>>
>all this baiting and doompauling
eeh k I guess
but no (You)s for you faggots
>>
>>28408022
Oh yeah, sure you did, cynical asshole. Sure you did.
>>
>>28408138
Conaflone is the new AKR
>>
File: bb.gif (3MB, 325x252px)
bb.gif
3MB, 325x252px
>>28408170
I don't see anyone baiting really.
It's mostly just discussion about the current state of the show.
>>
File: 1143260.gif (1009KB, 854x474px)
1143260.gif
1009KB, 854x474px
>>28408183
>>
>>28408022
>still thinking your opinion on this anonymous imageboard will affect S7
It's already written because series like this work like that, idiot. Not to mention the fact you're shitposting on an anonymous Brazilian horse copulation forum, like any of this reaches the show's creators.
>>
>>28408022
Oh boo-hoo, if you think we aren't getting any good episodes then just fucking leave already, retard.
>>
File: 1429979195305.png (810KB, 3600x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1429979195305.png
810KB, 3600x3600px
>>28408526
Do you really think that anyone actually believe that writing a few complains here can change the damage all those shiteaters in EQD are doing with their mindless circkejerk? Of course not, fucking retard.
I know I can't "fix" what those fuckers have done, but if it really bothers them so much that I remind them that everything is their fault, I'll keep doing it.
>>
>>28406630
Wasn't EQD the very first site that got the recognition it does now? I don't know Seth that well, or browse the site unless I'm looking at the YTPMV section, but he seems like an okay dude to me.

I'm not going to FULLY back him up because I know he can makes terrible/stupid decisions with EQD. As for the comments, they have always been shit which is why it's rare for me to comment there now than back in 2013. not saying it changed, it just something I was blind to notice years ago

>>28406654
Every show I've watched that start out as SoL such as MLP changes drastically then become more serious. While it IS a good thing to get out of the SoL phase, I do like the fair balance, despite some of the episodes has been utter crap. We don't want the show to be serious all the time.

What's sad is I didn't notice this until recently after I've been watching cartoons from the old seasons compared to how they are now.
>>
It is also super easy to fix MLP.
>>
>>28408667
We've been through this Anon, throwing pandas won't help...
>>
>>28408659
>>28408667
No need to fix what's not broken.
S1 and S2 had its moments, but altogether I'm glad the show isn't like it was back then with a few episodes and a lot shallow and infantile ones.
>>
>>28406543
>There have only been a few good episodes
Perfectly describes Season 1, yet we have a fucking board and an entire fandom somehow. I'm starting to think the "season 1 is best" is just a meme, it's worse than season 6.
>>
>>28408702
pandering is not what I was thinking of.
>>
>>28408659
>if it really bothers them so much
The way you use "them" is starting to resemble some sort of boogeyman that you can't clearly define beyond "shiteater", but let's leave that out of this. Out of all people, the ones that enjoy the show are probably the least bothered by it being ruined in your eyes.
>>
File: quibble.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px)
quibble.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>Everyone in this thread.

If you don't like it you can always watch something else.
>>
>>28408961
I'm glad I'm not bothering you. I'll continue not bothering you then, thank you very much.
>>
>>28409071
Do as you see fit, I see no issues with this being mutually beneficial. Wanna fuck?
>>
>>28409084
Always.
>>
Asking here because it seems like the best thread for it. How many seasons of this show are out now? How good were they? I stopped watching halfway through season 4.
>>
File: image.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7KB, 420x420px
>>28406543

Prove this season is bad.
>>
>>28409102
Dumb frogposter.
>>
>>28406543
Asparagus.
>>
File: spike glimmer noire.png (262KB, 779x627px) Image search: [Google]
spike glimmer noire.png
262KB, 779x627px
>>28408984
There's a difference between not liking something, and thinking something used to be better. For me S6 is the worst season, but it's still good. Though I'm probably not the best representative, because my favorite parts of S6 are Glimmy and Spike, and Glimmy is fairly controversial to say the least.
>>
>>28409152

So you have no evidence then?
>>
>>28408984
>If you don't like it you can always watch something else.

I can already tell you haven't paid attention to a single post in this thread...
>>
>>28409252
>implying you have evidence this season is good.
>>
>>28409992
I will present my evidence!
Exhibit A: Spike
Exhibit B: Fluttershy
Exhibit C: The animation
>>
>>28410034
I think you're misunderstanding the difference between an opinion and an evidence.
>>
File: 1467410426372.jpg (61KB, 269x288px) Image search: [Google]
1467410426372.jpg
61KB, 269x288px
>>28408984
>Hey everyone, one of the sails is ripped, better fucking jump ship
>>
just hire fans and the show will fix itself, better yet hire a fan as story editor.
>>
File: Red_Talk_Sprite.png (265KB, 457x427px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Talk_Sprite.png
265KB, 457x427px
>>28407677
Being exactly 1000 posts higher than mine confirms it.

How about we team up? Let's start The Wonderful 1000, pronounced Wonderful One-Triple-Oh. UNITE UP!
>>
>>28408984
>guys if you don't like it, you can always breathe oxygen
That's how retarded you sound. In fact it's the exact same argument in terms of effectiveness.

Stranger Than Fan Fiction was literally a hugbox episode. The audience they jab at aren't watching anymore. Literally Tumblr
>>
>>28406629
>My problem with them is that they keep on saying "everything is great"
>my opinion is the correct syndome
is fucking point of view, just ignorent it, if you disagree, but you clearly you can't
>>
>>28406677
Stranger Than Fanfiction produced one of the strangest ironies I've ever seen. A bunch of people got mad at how the episode was insulting them, but its actual stance on critics was respectful and all it asked was that those who still enjoy the show not be hated for it. By taking offense at the message, many critics showed that they were awful at understanding the show and, in doing so, insulted themselves. By taking a non-hostile approach and receiving anger anyway, the episode made those who complained about it look worse than any fandom caricature could have.
>>
>>28411910
>they didnt insult y-I mean us bronies guys!!!!
Fuck off Tumblr, holy shit
>>
>>28411974
The character representing critics in the episode was Quibble Pants. Rainbow Dash said he's "usually right" and called him awesome. How in the world is that an insult?
>>
>>28411910
I kinda felt offended when A.K Yearling didn't give a fuck about her books or the fans of her books in that episode.

I mean, she represented what the show's creators think about their show and fans of the show right?
>>
>>28411974
Nigger, you clearly don't spend any time on tumblr because they were triggered tf over that Daring Do body pillow.
>>
>>28412143
It was intentional. They were dragging Faust.
>>
>>28412143
Well, she was busy at the time.
>>
>>28411991
Riddle me this, totally-not-Tumblr. If it isn't an insult, how come your kind is still using "le t quibble pants" in every thread?

>>28412150
See >>28412158
>dragging
GUYS, TUMBLR DOESN'T LURK AMONG US!!!!!11
>>
>>28411517
>lol, you can't ignore things you don't like
he said, unable to ignore a post he didn't like
>>
File: 1468899829694.gif (994KB, 284x212px)
1468899829694.gif
994KB, 284x212px
>>28407889
>Sonic Rainboom
>Shit episode
That episode was the first I ever saw and pulled me into all this crap, don't you dare call it shit.
>>
>>28412336
Because even if the flaws they point out are valid, it can still be annoying to have someone throwing nitpicks around and insisting that a work is totally without merit due to the presence of flaws.

Why are you blaming Tumblr for this anyway? Telling critics of the show to stop talking is more EQD and Derpibooru's thing. Tumblr prefers to call the show sexist because stallions occasionally look at mares.
>>
>>28412453
>Because even if the flaws they point out are valid, it can still be annoying to have someone throwing nitpicks
All criticisms are nothing more than more accepted "nitpicks" so fuck off.

>insisting that a work is totally without merit due to the presence of flaws.
Oh my fucking god, you're a Bethesda fanatic aren't you. This is their exact autistic MO.

>Why are you blaming Tumblr for this anyway? Telling critics of the show to stop talking is more EQD and Derpibooru's thing. Tumblr prefers to call the show sexist because stallions occasionally look at mares.
Tumblr, the reason I blame you is because you've gone from the latter strawmanning yourself is clever, too bad I caught on huh to coming into /mlp/ to make us infight ourselves to death. Now go back to /u/, /utg/, /hsg/, and /sug/ and tell the others that your kind isn't fucking welcome here.
>>
>>28412150
They were? Wow, what a surprise....
>>
>>28412520
I have some really funny "I can't even, I'm literally shaking right now"-tier screencaps but not with me atm
>>
File: WUTna3b.gif (485KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
WUTna3b.gif
485KB, 500x265px
"The show is still good, and you're autistic if you let a couple of bad episodes ruin the season for you, only autists would let something stupid ruin the show for them. Now shut up and stop criticizing the season, you're running it for me!", The Thread
>>
>>28412470
The only Bethesda game I've played is Skyrim and it wasn't much fun.

I'm pretty sure that whatever enemy you're addressing right now isn't around to hear you, and I can't speak for them because I have no idea how they'd act if they were present. You can keep giving your speech if you want, but it's not going to do much good in this situation. All I was trying to say is that you're reading stuff into Stranger Than Fanfiction which wasn't actually there.

And for the record, getting personally offended by harmless material is Tumblr's official pastime. You're acting more like them than anyone else in the thread.
>>
File: :mlp: tumblr patrol.jpg (58KB, 620x416px) Image search: [Google]
:mlp: tumblr patrol.jpg
58KB, 620x416px
>>28412470
Ohhh you caught me! Its not like I wrote in my post that I use tumblr or anything, ace gumshoe right here everyone. I'm glad you're keeping an eye on things.
>>
>>28406543
>>
>>28412646
>The only Bethesda game I've played is Skyrim and it wasn't much fun.
Good news, you have the defensive personality to enjoy nuDoom!

>I'm pretty sure that whatever enemy you're addressing right now isn't around to hear you
Yes, you're right, all people can't lurk. No need to project your habits, newfag.

>I can't speak for them because I have no idea how they'd act if they were present.
I dunno, you seem to know yourself.

>you can keep giving your speech if you want
You have all the time in the world to read lesbian literature and you call my posts speeches, that's embarrassing on your part tbdesu

>it's not going to do much good in this situation
Translation: Yes it is

>All I was trying to say is that you're reading stuff into Stranger Than Fanfiction which wasn't actually there.
Translation: I'm a tryhard and I'm projecting

>And for the record, getting personally offended by harmless material is Tumblr's official pastime. You're acting more like them than anyone else in the thread.
>LE HORSESHOE THEORY XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
I was taking shots in the dark when I was accusing you of being Tumblr, holy shit. You need to take your autism and feelings back there.
>>
File: GREATO DAZE!.png (137KB, 319x320px) Image search: [Google]
GREATO DAZE!.png
137KB, 319x320px
>>28412679
Did you make that picture yourself you emotional cuck? Holy shit pussyboy.
>>
>>28412411
Well I guess it must have been good for Rainbow fags.
>>
>>28406543

> no solid grip

Example? The new writers have done fine. One or two disasters, but not worse than any other season.

> Nu-Glim is useless

And if she had more episodes, you would be complaining how the show has changed too much. She played a key role in the premier, and was essential to putting a capstone on Trixie's arc. What more do you want? She didn't "steal" the finale, she was the villain. The finale was about Twilight.

> Don't we want to see things improve

Yes, but the vast majority of the "criticisms" people make here are meaningless or flat wrong, and the changes suggested would make the show worse. Fans don't have the time to continually write good stories and cram them into 30 minute time slots. They know even less about storytelling than the newest writers.

The show is good. As other anons have said, it's the fandom that is declining. There simply isn't enough excitement anymore for a bandwagon effect.
>>
>>28412345
>wanting to correct someone who is wrong equals not liking the post
Is the world simpler when everything is determined by Boolean logic?
>>
>>28412470
jesus fuck nigger you're reaching levels of paranoia I haven't seen here for a long time
>>
The show suffers from Ketchum Syndrome.
Milked for all it's worth and it's audience is burnt out, knowing the shit that inevitably comes each and every time people have their hopes up.
>>
>>28412600
Also Equestria Daily comments in a nutshell.

If you only went by what was said there, you'd never think a single episode was bad. And on the rare occasions that someone points out that a new episode was mediocre, expect vultures like TexasUberAlles to mock and deride them within minutes of posting (seriously, does that guy hang out there 24/7? ).
>>
BUMP FOR DRAMA
>>
>>28413107
>Rainbowfag
Nope, try again
>>
>>28415211
Not to mention how they always sugarcoat things. Like they try to pretend something wasn't bad, with meaningless comments like "Well it was fun" or "It was still really well animated". This is very evident in the comics. Obviously they can't say it was well animated, but the "It was fun at least" excuse is used way too much.
>>
>>28413442
There is one legitimate issue with Starlight this season: her nonexistence outside of episodes that require her for the plot. Much like Discord, she could really stand to make some smaller appearances so she feels like a more natural part of the show.
>>
>>28416266
Yeah, it's weird how she doesn't even get background appearances in episodes that aren't about her.

Like how when the Mane Six were invited to Yakyakistan... Starlight also LIVES at the castle, yet in that episode she's nowhere to be seen and nobody even mentions where she is or what she's doing. She's only in episodes that revolve around her.
>>
>>28416266
Season 5 and Season 6 were written at the same time, as such a lot of Season 6 episodes are episodes originally planned to be in Season 5 (such as Flutter Brutter).
>>
>>28416642
Because she's simply not a part of the main cast. She is a secondary character that shows up only when needed, never just because it would make sense. When she's not necessary, nobody is missing her in the show.
>>
>>28416668
You got a source for that theory?
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.